时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:16] | It’s Jake Guzik. | 是杰克·古兹克 |
[02:20] | Set your watch by the Capones. | 卡彭兄弟真准时 |
[02:23] | 20, right on time. Here you go. | 二十块 真准时 给你 |
[02:26] | The… vig… | 货… |
[02:29] | – comes… to… – 25, yeah. Yeah. | -现在…涨… -好吧 二十五 |
[02:32] | You break a saw? | 找得开吗 |
[02:47] | Enoch “Nucky” Thompson. Former treasurer of Atlantic City. | 伊诺克·”努基”·汤普森 大西洋城前任司库 |
[02:51] | His brother Eli, Nucky’s number two, | 他弟弟伊莱 是努基的副手 |
[02:53] | also the former sheriff until he went to jail. | 同时还是前任治安官 但后入狱 |
[02:58] | Michael “Mickey” Doyle, nee Kuzik, | 迈克尔·”米奇”·多伊尔 以前姓库兹克 |
[03:00] | runs Thompson’s liquor operations. At least partly. | 经营汤普森的私酒生意 至少负责一部分 |
[03:04] | Laszlo “Lolly” Steinman is in charge | 拉斯洛·”洛莉”·斯坦曼负责 |
[03:06] | of the racing wire and other gambling. | 赌马和其他赌博 |
[03:08] | – Nucky? Mickey? Lolly? – Where’s Flopsy and Mopsy? | -努基 米奇 洛莉 -小白和小绒呢 |
[03:12] | – These men are murderers, gentlemen. – Yes, sir. | -这些人都是冷血杀手 -是 长官 |
[03:16] | This details one local operation. | 这是关于一个本地犯罪系统的资料 |
[03:18] | A criminal enterprise with ties to others throughout the country. | 这个犯罪组织跟全国各地的犯罪组织都有联系 |
[03:21] | You’re proposing there’s a nationwide conspiracy? | 你是说这事牵扯到全国上下吗 |
[03:23] | It’s all right here, Edgar. | 都摆在这儿了 埃德加 |
[03:29] | These cities are almost wholly run by criminal overlords, | 这些城市几乎完全掌控在犯罪头子的手中 |
[03:33] | each with ties to one another. | 他们都相互勾结 |
[03:35] | Waxey Gordon in Philadelphia. | 费城的瓦克西·戈登 |
[03:37] | King Solomon in Boston. | 波士顿的金·所罗门 |
[03:39] | John Torrio in Chicago. | 芝加哥的约翰·托里奥 |
[03:44] | Within the last month, | 就在上个月内 |
[03:45] | Nucky Thompson was visited by Arnold Rothstein | 纽约的阿诺德·罗斯坦和乔·马赫里亚 |
[03:47] | and Joe Masseria down from New York City. | 去拜访过努基·汤普森 |
[03:49] | Our op in Chicago places Torrio in Atlantic City | 我们在芝加哥的人确认托里奥十一月六日 |
[03:52] | on November 6, last. | 最后出现在大西洋城 |
[03:54] | – Our op? – Agent, sir. | -我们的人 -是探员 先生 |
[03:58] | So? Criminals have friends like everyone else. | 这又如何 罪犯跟常人一样有朋友 |
[04:01] | Until you can prove conspiracy, you have nothing. | 除非你能证明他们沆瀣一气 这毫无用处 |
[04:03] | You want proof? I’ll get it. | 你要证据 我能找到 |
[04:05] | How do you propose to do that? | 你要怎么找 |
[04:08] | I’ll find the weakest link in Thompson’s chain and I’ll break it. | 我会找到汤普森犯罪活动的薄弱环节 并击溃它 |
[04:16] | I’ll take a ham sandwich and a beer. | 给我一个火腿三明治和一瓶啤酒 |
[04:21] | Get me more Mecca for my neck. | 给我拿点护肤霜摸脖子 |
[04:26] | I’m still peeling from the sunburn. | 晒得我都暴皮了 |
[04:28] | I will have Tom do it as soon as he returns. | 等汤姆回来 我会叫他去做的 |
[04:32] | – Are your legs broken? – I have business to attend to. | -你腿断了吗 -我还有其他事要做 |
[04:36] | Three deposits before the banks close. | 银行关门前要去存三笔钱呢 |
[04:39] | Right. Right. Where’s Tom? | 好吧 汤姆人呢 |
[04:41] | He’s on his way back with Mr. Rothstein from the train station. | 火车站 他跟罗斯坦先生正在往这儿来 |
[04:48] | Make sure you– make sure Tom gets milk and cake. | 一定…让汤姆一定端牛奶和蛋糕来 |
[04:51] | Whatever Rothstein needs. | 罗斯坦要什么给他什么 |
[04:53] | I want him receptive to this offer. | 我希望他能接受这个提议 |
[04:58] | I thought you were in a hurry. | 你不是有事急着办吗 |
[05:01] | Ahem, the deposits while you were in Tampa. | 你去坦帕的时候我做的存款 |
[05:03] | For you to confirm the dates and balances. | 请你核实日期和余额 |
[05:06] | You have my every confidence. | 我完全相信你 |
[05:13] | Wait. | 等等 |
[05:17] | From the Chelsea branch, take out $10,000 | 从切尔西分行取出一万块 |
[05:20] | and meet the Broadway Limited at 5:20. | 然后赶五点二十的百老汇特快 |
[05:23] | – And then? – Hop aboard. See the world. | -然后呢 -上车 去看看世界 |
[05:28] | Don’t they have jokes in Germany? | 德国人不讲笑话吗 |
[05:33] | Put a white carnation in your right lapel. White, not red. | 在右翻领上插一根白色康乃馨 白的不是红的 |
[05:37] | A man will approach you. | 会有人来跟你攀谈 |
[05:39] | Ask if you have a package for Mr. Brown. | 问你是否有给布朗先生的包裹 |
[05:42] | Give him the cash and only him. | 把钱给他 只能给他 |
[05:45] | 5:20, Mr. Brown. | 五点二十 布朗先生 |
[05:48] | Can you handle this? | 你能行吗 |
[05:51] | I will protect it with my life. | 我会用生命保住这笔钱 |
[05:54] | Don’t be so dramatic. It’s only money. | 别这么夸张 不过是钱罢了 |
[06:10] | *If I should take a notion* | *如果我一时兴起* |
[06:14] | *To jump into the ocean* | *跳进了大海* |
[06:19] | *’Tain’t nobody’s business if I do* | *如果这么做 别人也管不着* |
[06:24] | *Do, do, do | *管不着* |
[06:28] | *If I go to church on Sunday* | *如果我周日去教堂* |
[06:32] | *Then just tear it down on Monday* | *然后周一把它拆掉* |
[06:37] | *’Tain’t nobody’s business if I do.* | *如果我这么做 别人也管不着* |
[06:44] | Mr. White. | 怀特先生 |
[06:48] | Miss Maitland. | 梅特兰小姐 |
[06:49] | Enjoying the show so far? | 演出您还满意吗 |
[06:52] | Your man there can play. | 你的搭档弹得不错 |
[06:56] | Last I checked, there was a singer up there with him. | 如果我没记错 这上面还站了位歌手 |
[07:00] | Got no complaints. | 我没意见 |
[07:03] | No compliments, either. | 也没有赞许 |
[07:07] | You just go on singing to the folks need to hear you. | 继续唱给那些要听你唱的人吧 |
[07:25] | I’ve been waiting to talk to you. | 我一直想和你谈谈 |
[07:39] | – It’s my mama. She’s sick. – Sorry to hear that. | -我妈她病了 -真遗憾 |
[07:43] | May be pertussis or consumption. | 可能是百日咳或肺痨 |
[07:45] | Can’t say, but she asking for me. | 说不准 但她叫我去陪她 |
[07:49] | You got somebody to make your collects? | 你能找人顶替你吗 |
[07:50] | My boys up on it. Be back from Baltimore in two days. | 我的手下能行 两天后我就能从巴尔的摩回来 |
[07:54] | If it’s all right with you. | 如果你不介意 |
[08:03] | You got family to tend to, go and tend to them. | 你要照顾家里人的话 就去吧 |
[08:21] | Eat that, Wyatt Earp. | 尝尝老子厉害 怀特·厄普[西部片主角] |
[08:24] | Set me up again, Mueller. | 再去摆好 穆勒 |
[08:29] | Five spot says it takes you both barrels. | 我赌五块 你得用上两枪 |
[08:31] | Oh, I’ll take your money. | 好啊 我跟你赌 |
[08:33] | I bagged four Filthy-pinos, summer of aught-one. | 零一年夏天 我打过四个菲律宾狗 |
[08:37] | Oh, that so? | 真的假的啊 |
[08:44] | Ah, fuck! I’m shot! | 妈的 我中枪了 |
[08:47] | Did you– did you– | 你是… |
[08:48] | – The fuck? – “I bagged four Filthy-pinos,” He says. | -搞什么 -他还说”打过四个菲律宾狗”呢 |
[08:51] | I can’t see. I’m blind. | 我看不到了 我瞎了 |
[08:53] | Oh, I’m gonna piss myself. | 我真是要笑尿了 |
[08:55] | Mueller, help him up there. | 穆勒 帮帮他 |
[08:58] | – Jesus Christ, Deano. – It’s a little dirt. | -老天啊 迪恩 -就是点沙子罢了 |
[09:00] | – It was just a gag. – I could have lost a fucking eye. | -就是个恶作剧 -我可能会瞎掉 |
[09:02] | I said it was a gag. You want me getting sore? | 我都说是恶作剧了 别惹我发火 |
[09:07] | No. Sure, yeah. What you said. | 不 当然了 就是这样 |
[09:08] | I missed it? God damn it. | 我没看到啊 真是的 |
[09:14] | Delivery down St. Luke’s. One of the Capones. | 替卡彭家的人送货去圣卢克店里 |
[09:16] | Al or Frank? | 阿尔还是弗兰克 |
[09:17] | That bloater makes their collections. | 那个收钱的死胖子 |
[09:19] | – Bad ticker. – Shame. | -心脏问题 -真可惜 |
[09:22] | Like to make a nice wreath for one of them guineas. | 我真想给他们哪个送个好花圈 |
[09:25] | I’m gonna maybe go lay down in the truck. | 我去卡车里躺一会儿 |
[09:27] | Hey, get that beer over to Schultzie’s first. | 先把啤酒送去舒尔泽店里 |
[09:33] | George, toss some daisies together. | 乔治 弄点雏菊花 |
[09:36] | The day-olds. Hoof ’em up to the hospital. | 拿昨天的就行 送去医院 |
[09:39] | Honestly, I’d prefer to avoid the Capones. | 老实说 我不太想跟卡彭兄弟打交道 |
[09:44] | Last time I got this. | 上次他们给了我这个 |
[10:10] | They don’t soak in, you know. | 这东西是浸不进去的 |
[10:13] | – I’m awake. – You actually have to read them. | -我醒着呢 -你得读进去 |
[10:18] | Thank your mother. | 你妈妈洗的 |
[10:26] | “Tess of the De-erber”? | “戴波家的苔丝” |
[10:30] | Beats me. | 看不懂 |
[10:32] | 200 bucks a semester, beats me? | 两百块一学期 你说看不懂 |
[10:41] | Your mother said you’ve been walking around | 你妈妈说你最近 |
[10:43] | with your bottom lip on the floor. What gives? | 情绪不怎么好 怎么回事 |
[10:46] | – Nothing. – Bull. | -没什么 -骗人 |
[10:48] | – Grades? – They’re okay. | -成绩问题 -成绩还行 |
[10:51] | – One letter home I find out. – They’re okay. | -信寄到家我就知道了 -还行的 |
[10:54] | Good at chemistry. | 化学很好 |
[10:55] | What, then? A girl? | 那是为什么 女人吗 |
[11:02] | – I’m just not happy there, okay? – Happy? | -我就是在那儿念得不太开心 -开心 |
[11:06] | You’re there to get an education. You think I’m happy? | 你是去受教育的 你以为我开心吗 |
[11:10] | It’s just these kids are a bunch of stuck-up jerks. | 那些孩子都是些自大的混蛋 |
[11:15] | You’re a Thompson. | 你小子姓汤普森 |
[11:17] | Who are they? | 他们都是谁 |
[11:18] | Philadelphia mostly. New York. | 大部分是费城的 还有纽约人 |
[11:21] | Met one other kid from Atlantic City and he dropped out. | 除了我只有一个大西洋城的孩子 他还退学了 |
[11:25] | Yeah, well, you’re the only boy from Atlantic City | 大家只需要记住你一个 |
[11:27] | anybody needs to know. Remember that. | 大西洋城的男孩 你给我记着 |
[11:33] | You’re there to make something of yourself. For your mother. | 你要在那里闯出一番名堂 为了你妈妈 |
[11:37] | – I’m trying, okay? – Try harder. | -我在努力了 -那就再加把劲 |
[11:41] | I don’t want to hear this nonsense again. | 别再跟我来这套了 |
[11:50] | You got broad shoulders. | 男人的肩膀要扛天 |
[11:53] | Remember why you’re there and do what you have to do. | 记住你为什么去 然后做你该做的 |
[12:08] | They call this food? | 这也叫吃的 |
[12:10] | – I’m hungry. – You’re always fucking hungry. | -我饿了 -你永远吃不够 |
[12:13] | This shit will kill you soon as a bullet. | 这些东西对你来说比子弹还致命 |
[12:15] | Just some ricotta and white sauce to settle your stomach, huh? | 就吃些干酪和白汁 让你的胃好受些 |
[12:19] | Thanks, fellas. | 谢了 伙计们 |
[12:26] | Next time, tell that lazy | 下次让那个懒蛋 |
[12:27] | bastard to come down the street to pay you, huh? | 自己走下来交钱 |
[12:29] | I’ll be out in a week. I only missed three pickups. | 我一周就能出院 也就少收三次 |
[12:33] | You get your strength back. | 你先好好养着 |
[12:35] | I’m gonna slip one of these nurses a fin. | 我找个护士塞点钱 |
[12:37] | Get you a nice little sponge bath. | 让她给你好好洗个澡 |
[12:39] | Make it a couple of nurses. | 多找几个 |
[12:40] | There’s a lot of Jake to sponge down. | 他表面积大 工作量也大 |
[12:46] | When was the last time we did a pickup? | 咱俩上次去收钱是什么时候 |
[12:48] | Me and you? Brooklyn. | 你和我吗 布鲁克林 |
[12:52] | Frankie Yale, back when we was Five Points. | 弗兰基·耶鲁 五点黑帮那会 |
[12:55] | That guy with the wooden teeth. | 装了颗木头牙的那个 |
[12:58] | I still got fucking splinters. | 我扎了根刺 现在还在 |
[13:03] | So how about it, huh? You and me. | 怎么样 咱俩去 |
[13:07] | – We finish Jake’s collections. – Sure. Why not? | -帮杰克把钱收完 -好啊 |
[13:12] | Oh! Who sent for the undertaker? | 这丧门星谁找来的 |
[13:15] | Hello. These are the flowers you ordered. | 你们好 这是你们订的花 |
[13:17] | What? This is the shit he sends? | 这个 他就送这破玩意 |
[13:21] | I got weeds under my porch nicer than these. | 都不如门前的野草 |
[13:28] | See that? They don’t even stand up. | 看到没 都蔫了 |
[13:30] | Mr. O’Banion meant no disrespect. | 奥巴尼恩先生没有冒犯的意思 |
[13:32] | The man’s sick. How else is he supposed to take it, huh? | 他病了 你这让他怎么想 |
[13:35] | If you’d prefer some begonias… | 如果想换秋海棠 |
[13:38] | See? This is what your soft-soap gets us with O’Banion. | 看到没 你来软的 奥巴尼恩就得寸进尺 |
[13:44] | – How’s the melon? – I suppose it could have been worse. | -脑袋怎么样 -情况可能会更糟 |
[13:47] | Yeah, you’re right. Could have been me. | 是啊 没准挨打的是我 |
[13:51] | So, Deano, he misses us? | 迪恩 他想我们吗 |
[13:55] | You know Mr. O’Banion. Always jocular. | 奥巴尼恩就是这样 爱开玩笑 |
[13:59] | I heard he opened two new speaks down on the Gold Coast. | 听说金海岸那边他又开了两家酒吧 |
[14:04] | Well, I’m sure Mr. Guzik needs his rest. | 我觉得古兹克先生需要休息 |
[14:09] | Hey, where you going? We’re talking. | 你去哪 话还没说完呢 |
[14:11] | Mr. O’Banion is waiting. | 奥巴尼恩先生在等我 |
[14:17] | He can wait. | 让他等着 |
[14:27] | See? Watch. | 看 |
[14:33] | 14,000 acres, 70 bucks per. | 一万四千公顷 每公顷七十美元 |
[14:38] | It’s my understanding that Florida real estate is played out. | 我觉得佛罗里达州的房地产已经没有甜头了 |
[14:42] | Except we’re not buying land, we’re buying opportunity. | 但我们不是买地产 是买机遇 |
[14:45] | Think Frisco in ’48. | 想想一八四八年的旧金山 |
[14:48] | – Gold, Nucky? – Better. We’ve got water on three sides | -这里有金子吗 -比金子还好 这三面临海 |
[14:53] | half a mile from the Atlantic Coast rail line. | 离大西洋铁路线只有半英里 |
[14:55] | A trawler can reach the Bahamas in 22 hours. | 坐渔船到巴哈马只要二十二小时 |
[14:57] | – Havana in 28. – Rum. | -到哈瓦那二十八小时 -朗姆酒 |
[14:59] | The best in the world, straight from the islands. | 最好的朗姆酒 直接进口 |
[15:02] | McCoy’s boats take it | 用麦考伊的船 |
[15:03] | straight up the coast to port in Atlantic City. | 直接运到大西洋城港口 |
[15:06] | – Or New York. – And reload with our whiskey. | -纽约也可以 -再装上我们的威士忌 |
[15:09] | A spirit in tragically short supply down there. | 威士忌刚好在那边很紧俏 |
[15:14] | – Competition? – None of any consequence. | -有竞争对手吗 -完全没有 |
[15:16] | As long as we act now, plant our flag. | 现在行动 抢占先机 |
[15:18] | Time those hayseeds figure | 等别人发现这条财路的时候 |
[15:20] | out what we’re working, we’ll be in clover. | 咱们已经盆满钵满了 |
[15:22] | And our friends a bit closer to home? | 需要担心我们那边的朋友吗 |
[15:25] | Masseria won’t go past Brooklyn. | 马赫里亚不会插手布鲁克林的事 |
[15:38] | What I require is a partner with a level head. | 我需要一个同样有眼界的合作伙伴 |
[15:42] | Not to mention a half million dollars. | 更不用说五十万美元了 |
[15:45] | I’m assuming at least as much risk, | 我估计至少要冒这么大的风险 |
[15:47] | which I generally choose to avoid. | 虽然我会尽量规避风险 |
[15:53] | Who to believe– the Nucky who told me | 我该相信谁呢 是几周前 |
[15:55] | only weeks ago he was satisfied with what he had, | 那个说自己别无他求的努基 |
[15:59] | or the Nucky who stands before me now? | 还是现在站在我面前的这个努基 |
[16:02] | – Circumstances change, Arnold. People change. – Do they? | -世界在变 阿诺德 人也会变 -真的吗 |
[16:09] | Last year took a toll on both of us. | 去年咱们两个都损失不少 |
[16:12] | You can wallow in the past or you can come aboard | 你是沉溺过去 还是跟我携手 |
[16:14] | and do historically what we’ve been pretty good at– | 去做我们都很擅长的事 |
[16:17] | making money. | 赚钱 |
[16:20] | A pity you left office. | 你离开政坛真可惜 |
[16:23] | – How soon do you need a decision? – Take the evening. | -你多久要答复 -明早吧 |
[16:28] | I’ll mull it downstairs over poker. | 我下楼打扑克去 |
[16:32] | I trust you’ll join me? | 你来吗 |
[16:34] | – Later on, perhaps. – Good. | -一会吧 -很好 |
[16:36] | I find you don’t really know a man until you play cards with him. | 我发现 不打扑克不相识 |
[16:41] | – Don’t we know each other, Arnold? – One would have thought so. | -我们还不够熟悉吗 阿诺德 -只有你这么觉得 |
[17:02] | Sure you want to trust him? | 你要相信他吗 |
[17:05] | You know anyone else with that kind of money? | 还有谁有那么多钱 |
[17:09] | Beautiful office. | 办公室不错 |
[17:11] | I myself find it rather ostentatious. | 我觉得有点过分奢华 |
[17:15] | It belongs to Mr. Garvey, | 这是贾维先生的 |
[17:16] | who at the moment is fighting deportation. | 不过他现在被流放国外 |
[17:19] | What he do? | 他做什么了 |
[17:22] | He founded this organization. | 成立了这个组织 |
[17:25] | Am I to assume by your presence, Mr. Purnsley, | 珀斯利先生 我猜你来 |
[17:28] | that you are a Negro in need of improvement? | 是觉得自己作为一个黑人需要进步了 |
[17:41] | You are far from home. | 你现在离家很远 |
[17:45] | From your broad features, Senegambia or Loango. | 从外貌来看 你来自塞内冈比亚 或是卢安果 |
[17:51] | That there green is from the powder I sell for you. | 卖你的海洛因的钱 |
[17:53] | We agreed I would see you in Atlantic City. | 我们说好了 我去大西洋城找你 |
[17:55] | Well, I thought I’d just– | 我觉得可以 |
[17:57] | Ignore my explicit instruction? | 无视我明确的指示吗 |
[17:59] | – No, sir. I just– – You are standing in the offices | -不是 我只是 -你所在的办公室 |
[18:01] | of the Universal Negro Improvement Association, Mr. Purnsley. | 是全球黑人进步协会 珀斯利先生 |
[18:06] | This is not that. | 这里不谈那些 |
[18:09] | This is something else. | 这里没有那么庸俗 |
[18:13] | – Mr. Narcisse– – Doctor. | -纳西斯先生 -医生 |
[18:21] | I just wanted to let you know, | 我只是来告诉你 |
[18:23] | Doctor, that I could– | 医生 我可以 |
[18:25] | It’s a shame you wasted your trip, Mr. Purnsley. | 可惜你白跑一趟 珀斯利先生 |
[18:27] | – But listen. – Miss Walker will show you out. | -听我说 -沃克小姐会送你出去 |
[19:01] | Should take out an ad, why don’t you? | 你怎么不举个牌子 |
[19:06] | That’s for me. | 我的 |
[19:08] | Oh, for Christ– | 我的天呐 |
[19:11] | You got a package for Mr. Brown? | 有给布朗先生的包裹吗 |
[19:16] | You new? ‘Cause it’s usually a different guy. | 你新来的吗 以前是另一个人 |
[19:20] | I have been integral to Mr. Thompson’s organization | 我是汤普森先生组织里的重要成员 |
[19:22] | for quite some time. Good day to you. | 一直都是 日安 |
[19:25] | Whoa, whoa, hold on. Is there a place | 等会等会 这周围 |
[19:27] | besides this shithole outside the station I could eat? | 有没有吃饭的地方 除了这破车站 |
[19:30] | – What type of fare? – Steak, some spuds. | -吃什么 -牛排啊 土豆啊 |
[19:34] | The Knife & Fork does an excellent chop. | 刀叉餐厅很不错 |
[19:37] | Where is that? I got a train back at 9:30. | 在哪 我九点半的火车 |
[19:41] | – Atlantic Avenue where it crosses– – You take me. | -大西洋大街和 -你带我去 |
[19:45] | I am not a chauffeur, sir. | 我不是司机 先生 |
[19:51] | No offense. I’ll get a hack. What’s it called? Knives & Forks? | 不好意思 我去打听一下 叫刀叉是吗 |
[19:57] | I eat here again, I’m gonna get the trots. | 再在这吃我就要拉肚子了 |
[20:02] | Come. I will take you in my Packard. | 走吧 我开帕卡德送你去 |
[20:09] | All aboard! | 上车了 |
[20:17] | It’s okay. | 安全了 |
[20:24] | Is that all that’s left? There’s supposed to be 20 kids. | 就这点了 说好的二十瓶呢 |
[20:26] | We’ll cut it. | 稀释一下呗 |
[20:32] | Just so you know, | 跟你说一下 |
[20:34] | I was out last time. Or else I would never have let them do that.. | 上次我不在 不然是不会让他们这样对你的 |
[20:41] | Wasn’t for my pop what he’d do to me, | 要不是想着我爸会怎么收拾我 |
[20:43] | – Henry’d be short of some teeth. – Probably just have his dad buy him new ones. | -亨利早该满地找牙了 -让他爸再给他买几颗呗 |
[20:51] | He’s gonna be there, you know, tonight, | 他今晚会去的 |
[20:54] | drinking your booze again. | 接着喝你弄来的酒 |
[20:55] | If we cut these three and make six, | 咱们把这三瓶兑成六瓶 |
[20:58] | – you think that’s enough to get everybody tight? – Sure. | -够今晚大伙喝了吧 -够了 |
[21:03] | That one for us? | 这瓶咱们留着吗 |
[21:04] | This is for my old pal Henry. My buddy. | 这瓶留给老伙计亨利 我的好朋友 |
[21:24] | You did good back there. | 刚才做的不错 |
[21:25] | Thank you, but I really should be going. | 谢谢 但我真该走了 |
[21:29] | – Buzz again. – Give it a minute. | -再按 -别着急 |
[21:36] | All right. Hold your horses. | 好了 别激动 |
[21:38] | My wife, she’s making lapskaus. It’s a type of stew. | 我妻子做了挪威乱炖 |
[21:44] | Jerry Flentje, he home? | 杰里·弗兰辛 在家吗 |
[21:45] | He’s always home. What, you want him? Ring his buzzer. | 他一直在 要找他吗 按他的门铃去 |
[21:49] | Miss, we’ve come a long way to see our pal. | 小姐 我们远道而来看朋友 |
[21:53] | And a good surprise is nothing | 我们想给他个惊喜 |
[21:56] | without the surprise of the thing, am I right? | 但找不到他惊喜也就没了 对吗 |
[21:59] | – You a friend of his? – Yeah, we go way back. | -你们是他朋友吗 -对 老相识了 |
[22:02] | I don’t see him much anymore since these two bums got married. | 打从他俩婚礼我们就再没见过 |
[22:05] | We know Jerry lives here, just not what apartment. | 我们知道他住这 就是不知道哪间屋子 |
[22:11] | 2D. | 他在2D |
[22:13] | I’m 1C in case he ain’t home and you want to leave a note. | 我在1C 如果他不在家你可以留张便条 |
[22:49] | – What do you want? I can’t. – Don’t be scared. | -你想怎么样 我不能 -不要害怕 |
[22:53] | Who the fuck let them in?! | 谁让他们进来的 |
[23:07] | Nice job. | 干得好 |
[23:29] | This Tampa thing goes, you think you can run things here? | 坦帕的事开始之后 你可以接手这里吗 |
[23:33] | – You’d move? – McCoy’s a good man, | -你要走 -麦考伊是个好人 |
[23:37] | but he can’t build a city from the ground up. | 但是他不能从头开始建起一座城 |
[23:39] | This is home, Nuck. You got family. | 这是我们的家 努克 你有家人 |
[23:43] | You’ve got family. | 你才有家人 |
[23:47] | You are family, too, of course. June, the kids. | 你也是家人 当然了 琼和孩子们 |
[23:52] | But it’s not the same. | 但不一样 |
[24:01] | Whatever you need, I’ll take care of it. Thank you. | 不管你需要什么 我都会满足 谢谢 |
[24:06] | If Rothstein kicks in, you take the money, | 如果罗斯坦入伙了 你拿着钱 |
[24:08] | meet McCoy down in Tampa. | 去坦帕和麦考伊汇合 |
[24:11] | Sure. I just… | 当然 我就 |
[24:15] | Willie’s away at school. | 威利在学校里 |
[24:17] | There are some growing pains. | 有了些成长的烦恼 |
[24:19] | Four days, tops. | 顶多四天 |
[24:20] | If it wasn’t so much cash, | 如果不是涉及到这么多现金 |
[24:22] | – I’d send Eddie. – No, I got it. | -我就让埃迪去了 -我明白 |
[24:24] | Might as well see what all the fuss is about. | 还是去看看到底有什么大惊小怪的的好 |
[24:32] | – Sorry to interrupt. – Rothstein? | -抱歉打扰 -罗斯坦来了 |
[24:35] | Got himself a game going. | 小赌了一把 |
[24:37] | – What’d he buy in for? – 100 grand. | -他买了多少筹码 -十万 |
[24:40] | – So he’s up? – That ain’t why I came. | -所以他出现了 -我来不是因为这个 |
[24:43] | He requesting the pleasure of your company. | 他要求你去陪他 |
[24:59] | – Castor oil? – It’s not strong enough. | -蓖麻油 -不够烈 |
[25:14] | How about milk of magnesia? | 镁乳怎么样 |
[25:16] | When we broke it down in class, | 我们在课上分解它的时候 |
[25:17] | I got the squirts just smelling it. | 光是闻着气味就呛出眼泪了 |
[25:18] | I like your thinkin’, Lincoln. We’ll make our own. | 想法不错 林肯 我们来自己调 |
[25:21] | What was in it? Two compounds linoleic acid? | 里面有什么 两种化合物亚油酸 |
[25:25] | I think. | 我觉得是 |
[25:27] | Magnesium hydroxide. | 氢氧化镁 |
[25:31] | We’ll whip up a batch, spike Henry’s booze, | 我们现兑点东西 倒到亨利的酒里 |
[25:34] | – then stand back. – Way back. | -然后就撤 -撤得越远越好 |
[25:36] | Kaboom. Couldn’t happen to a sweller feller. | 看看这个混蛋会怎么样 |
[25:48] | I believe you left some lamb unscathed. | 你的这些羊肉都没动 |
[25:50] | You know, most joints like this, they skimp on the seasonings. | 这样的餐厅 佐料都不舍得多给 |
[25:57] | Come to Chicago. | 来芝加哥吧 |
[25:59] | Take you to the Blackhawk. | 带去你黑鹰餐厅 |
[26:01] | prime rib the size of a manhole cover. | 上肋跟井盖一样大 |
[26:04] | And you’d like it, Chicago. A lot of Krauts. | 你会喜欢芝加哥的 很多德国佬 |
[26:09] | How long you work for Nucky? | 你为努基工作多久了 |
[26:11] | 11 years this past November. | 过了十一月份已经十一年了 |
[26:14] | You ain’t just no bagman, then. | 那你不是小喽啰了 |
[26:16] | I am Mr. Thompson’s Charge d’affaires. | 我是汤普森的”二把手” |
[26:20] | I’m kind of like an equal partner | 在芝加哥我们算是 |
[26:22] | in what we got going on back in Chicago. | 平等的合作人 |
[26:24] | – I met your brother Albert. – Alphonse. Good kid. | -我见过你的弟弟阿尔伯特 -阿尔方斯 是个好孩子 |
[26:29] | A little colicky as a baby. | 有点娇气 |
[26:37] | – Gonna make me drink alone? – Perhaps a touch. | -让我自己喝吗 -来一点吧 |
[26:46] | I missed out on the goin’-ons last summer. | 去年夏天的事我错过了 |
[26:48] | I heard it got messy. | 我听说情况很糟 |
[26:50] | Lucky you had friends, huh? | 你有朋友很幸运 |
[26:52] | All parties involved seem to have benefited. | 所有参与方都获益了 |
[26:56] | I ain’t sore I missed it. | 错过了我不生气 |
[26:57] | I got a kid. | 我有个孩子 |
[26:59] | Some of us were not so lucky. | 有些人就不是很幸运了 |
[27:02] | Really? Caught some lead? | 真的 挨枪子儿了 |
[27:05] | Not as bad as some. | 没有一些人严重 |
[27:08] | Me, | 我 |
[27:10] | I usually handle the more executive angle of things. | 我经常处理一些高决策的事情 |
[27:13] | I run a bottling plant, | 我负责一个瓶工厂 |
[27:15] | I make sure that the books look legit for the operation. | 我确保我们的营业看上去是合法的 |
[27:18] | Appearances are as important as reality, Mr. Capone. | 表象和现实同等重要 卡彭先生 |
[27:23] | So what about you? Got a family? | 你呢 有家人吗 |
[27:26] | Ah, two sons. | 两个儿子 |
[27:29] | Both of them grown in Germany. | 他们都在德国长大 |
[27:32] | One of them is the assistant to the burgermeister. | 其中一个给大厨当助手 |
[27:35] | A chef? | 厨师 |
[27:36] | And the other is a dental surgeon. | 另一个是牙医 |
[27:39] | But nothing like America, huh? | 没有一点美国气 是吧 |
[27:41] | With the boys growing into fine young men, | 儿子们长大成人了 |
[27:44] | my wife passed on… | 我妻子过世了 |
[27:45] | I’m sorry to hear it. | 我很遗憾 |
[27:47] | ..I felt I could make a new life here. | 我觉得我在这里可以有新的生活 |
[27:51] | Like me moving to Chicago. | 就像我搬去芝加哥一样 |
[27:53] | Ah. | 是的 |
[27:54] | Fate has a way of setting things in order. | 命运自有安排 |
[28:01] | To new lives, Mr. Capone. | 敬新人生 卡彭先生 |
[28:05] | – Call me Bottles. – Edward. | -叫我饼子 -叫我爱德华 |
[28:14] | Come on, let’s dance! | 来跳舞吧 |
[28:23] | Cheers! | 干杯 |
[28:25] | Here you go, Bucket. | 敬你一杯 巴克特 |
[28:27] | Isn’t he ever gonna put that down? | 他什么时候能把酒杯放下 |
[28:28] | Let’s go over and distract him. | 我们过去扰乱他 |
[28:30] | You chat him up, I’ll pour it in. | 你跟他聊聊天 我倒进去 |
[28:31] | Just give it to me. Come on. | 给我就行 拿来 |
[28:36] | Not too much or he’ll be able to taste it. | 别放太多 要不然他该尝出来了 |
[28:38] | Three fingers or so. Oops. | 倒三指深就可以 |
[28:41] | – What? – Want me to clear out? | -怎么了 -需要我闪人吗 |
[28:47] | Hey, enjoying the party? | 玩的开心吗 |
[28:49] | It’s okay. | 还行 |
[28:50] | You look nice. | 你看上去很精神 |
[28:53] | Find someone else to flirt with. | 找别人调情去 |
[28:55] | Why not you? | 你怎么不行 |
[28:56] | I mean someone you haven’t suckered yet. | 我是说去找你还没有骗过的人 |
[29:00] | You think I was part of that? | 你觉得我参与了 |
[29:01] | No, you’re a babe in the woods. | 不 你出淤泥而不染 |
[29:07] | Have it your way. | 随你便 |
[29:21] | Is that what you wanted? | 你真的想那样吗 |
[29:40] | Thompson. Good stuff you brought. | 汤普森 你的酒太棒了 |
[29:43] | We aim to please. | 你高兴就好 |
[30:03] | Raise, 1,000. | 加码 一千 |
[30:16] | Surely things aren’t that bad, Nucky. | 情况肯定没那么糟 努基 |
[30:20] | I keep it that way by rarely playing. | 我不玩牌就是避免那种状况发生 |
[30:23] | This is a game of skill. | 这可是技术活 |
[30:31] | I suppose an intermediate position is better than none at all. | 一个中间的立场总比没有立场强 |
[30:33] | Oh, sure, if action is your only goal. | 当然 如果行动是你唯一的目标的话 |
[30:36] | Why else would I have asked you to play? | 要不然我为什么让你玩 |
[30:38] | “You can’t really know a man…”? | “你不会真正了解一个人” |
[30:40] | Come on, you gonna raise or not? | 到底加不加码 |
[30:46] | You fancy yourself a sportsman, Arnold. | 假如你是个运动员 阿诺德 |
[30:48] | What would you do here? | 你会怎么做 |
[30:49] | I would play against me like you mean it. | 我会尽全力打赢我 |
[30:53] | Says the big Ike been losing all night. | 今晚输得最惨的就是你了 |
[30:55] | How about you keep your observations to yourself? | 你的意见保留行不行 |
[30:59] | Are you in this game? | 你在赌桌上吗 |
[31:02] | ‘Cause that’s my money on the felt. | 上面的钱可是我的 |
[31:03] | The gentleman’s bought a right to an opinion, Meyer. | 这位先生有权利发表意见 迈耶 |
[31:07] | Meyer. Arnold. Arnold. Meyer. | 迈耶 阿诺德 阿诺德 迈耶 |
[31:10] | Isch gabibble dibble dabble. | 名字倒挺配 |
[31:20] | Raising 5,000. | 加码五千 |
[31:22] | And now you’ve got my attention. | 现在我注意到你了 |
[31:31] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[31:36] | Speak to you? | 能跟你谈谈吗 |
[31:38] | Meet me after the salon. | 展会结束来接我 |
[31:42] | You have until 127th Street, Mr. Purnsley. | 你可以说到一百二十七街 珀斯利先生 |
[31:48] | First off, regards coming to | 首先 来您做生意的地方 |
[31:50] | your place of business, I apologize. | 打扰 我深表歉意 |
[31:53] | Industriousness is a rarely acknowledged virtue of the Negro, | 坚持不懈是黑人少有的美德 |
[31:56] | so I accept and acknowledge. | 所以我接受你的道歉 |
[32:00] | Your Mr. White, | 你的那位怀特先生 |
[32:02] | his time is past | 他已风光不再 |
[32:04] | and his place uncertain. | 立场不定 |
[32:06] | Got the club. Whole Northside, too. | 接手了俱乐部 还有整个北部 |
[32:09] | A plantation run by Nordics | 白人的地盘 |
[32:11] | who throw you scraps enough to keep you from starving, | 他们施舍你一些残羹冷炙不让你饿死 |
[32:13] | but not enough to make your belly full. | 但并不足以饱腹 |
[32:15] | That’s why I come. You tell me what you need down there. | 所以我才来 请告诉我您需要什么 |
[32:19] | I don’t need some skylark nigger, Mr. Purnsley. | 我可不需要什么瞎胡闹的黑鬼 珀斯利先生 |
[32:23] | That ain’t me, sir. Never was. | 我可不是那样的人 从来不是 |
[32:28] | All of this, | 所有的这一切 |
[32:29] | touched by the black hand of the creator. | 都是黑人一手建造的 |
[32:32] | In Harlem, we should give no more tribute to a Nucky Thompson | 在哈林 我们对努基·汤普森和白人 |
[32:35] | or any Nordic than we would a bottle fly. | 的赞美不会比我们对苍蝇的赞美多 |
[32:38] | Your Northside may as well be Mississippi. | 你们的北面可能是密西西比 |
[32:42] | If you had the right man running things down there… | 如果你找到对的人来管理这里 |
[32:47] | The downfall of the Libyan, Mr. Purnsley, | 珀斯利先生 黑人的衰落 |
[32:50] | is what we used to call a duppy in the islands. | 我们那片岛用这个词语代表恶鬼 |
[32:53] | A duppy is a vampire | 恶鬼就是 |
[32:55] | who sucks the blood from his people, lays them low. | 吸人血的吸血鬼 毫不尊重人 |
[33:00] | This duppy gad about as if he in a brier patch, | 这个恶鬼如在荆棘之地游荡 |
[33:03] | waiting for master to ring the dinner bell. | 等着主人叫吃饭 |
[33:06] | Our people flourish when they are able | 我们的人民只有高尚善良 |
[33:09] | to be the angels of their better natures. | 才能蓬勃发展 |
[33:11] | This duppy, this nigger, | 不然就只会产生 |
[33:15] | is what will happen unless there are Libyans | 这种恶鬼 这种黑鬼 除非有 |
[33:18] | prepared to instruct him in the uplift of the race. | 品格高尚的黑人来指导他 |
[33:29] | She is fine. That’s yours? | 她很好 那是你的吗 |
[33:44] | Nigger, you lost your goddamn mind. | 黑鬼 你他妈疯了啊 |
[33:50] | Fuck! | 我操 |
[34:18] | Who, Mueller? | 谁 穆勒 |
[34:20] | Hand to God. Ask him. | 我保证是真的 问他啊 |
[34:22] | It’s true. It’s called akavit. | 真的 那酒叫阿卡维特 |
[34:25] | – What’s it taste like? – Like shit. | -味道怎么样 -像屎一样 |
[34:28] | Like shit. | 像屎一样 |
[34:32] | Good for you, | 好样的 |
[34:33] | skimming from that Irish fuck. | 逃过那个爱尔兰畜生的魔掌 |
[34:36] | Tell you what, | 我跟你说 |
[34:38] | you keep busting heads for us while we square this election, | 我们忙选举的事 你继续帮我们当打手 |
[34:41] | we’ll give you the– the aka– | 然后我们给你阿卡… |
[34:44] | – What is it? – Akavit. | -叫什么来着 -阿卡维特 |
[34:45] | Yeah, right. | 对 没错 |
[34:47] | You get the Cicero action on it. | 你就在西塞罗闹事 |
[34:48] | Much as you can make. | 越多越好 |
[34:50] | – But Mr. O’Banion is– – Cicero is where the action is gonna be. | -但是奥巴尼恩先生… -西塞罗才是重要的地方 |
[34:54] | Pick a winner, Mueller. | 选明主 穆勒 |
[34:59] | Fuck me. | 我操 |
[35:01] | Ain’t that one of O’Banion’s speaks? | 那是不是奥巴尼恩的车 |
[35:03] | Mueller. | 穆勒 |
[35:07] | – I, uh… – Yeah, it is. | -我… -是 没错 |
[35:09] | They use the bread trucks for booze. | 他们用面包车运输酒 |
[35:11] | And if you’re stupid enough to leave your shipment | 如果你蠢到把货 |
[35:13] | – right out on the street… – You’re practically begging us. | -丢在街上 -简直是在求我们打劫 |
[35:17] | It may just be a bread truck. | 可能真的是装面包的车 |
[35:21] | I may be kinda hungry. | 那我有点饿了 |
[35:22] | Yeah, I could eat. | 我也要吃点东西 |
[35:25] | You follow in the car. | 你开车跟上 |
[35:35] | – Mr. Capone, please. I– – Come on, get in. | -卡彭先生 我 -快点 上车 |
[35:38] | Get in! | 上车 |
[35:43] | Live a little, huh? | 像个男人 好吧 |
[35:59] | It’s to you, sir. | 该您了 先生 |
[36:07] | Do you recall our first encounter, Mr. Thompson? | 汤普森先生 还记得我们的第一次见面吗 |
[36:11] | You needed supplies for a wedding. | 你需要为一个婚礼准备酒 |
[36:15] | Is that what I said? | 我是那么说的吗 |
[36:16] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[36:18] | What the hell are we doing here? | 我们来这里干什么的 |
[36:19] | You were a type I’d recognized. | 你是我知道的一类人 |
[36:22] | What type is that? | 哪类人 |
[36:23] | Small-town glad-hander peering over the fence, | 小地方的热情洋溢之人 望着栅栏的那边 |
[36:26] | eager to stick his finger in a new piece of pie. | 迫切想偷吃一块馅饼 |
[36:32] | I don’t like pie. | 我不喜欢馅饼 |
[36:36] | Well, I have learned something new about you. | 好吧 我对你的了解又多了一点 |
[36:41] | Everything you want from me tonight is on the table. | 你今晚想从我这里得到的 都在这桌子上了 |
[36:47] | That’s more exciting to you than it is to me. | 你比我更激动吧 |
[36:52] | Why does that make me sad? | 我怎么有点难过 |
[36:54] | Jesus Christ. | 我的老天啊 |
[36:57] | You need to send for a priest? | 要送你去牧师那里吗 |
[36:59] | Maybe not in your case. | 也许得送你去精神病院了 |
[37:01] | Do you have any idea who you’re talking to? | 你知不知道你在跟谁说话 |
[37:03] | Yeah, someone who’s taking a long time to lose. | 知道 输钱不爽快的人 |
[37:08] | And back off from my shoulder. | 离我远一点 |
[37:10] | Meyer, it’s all an aspect of the contest. | 迈耶 这只是打牌 |
[37:18] | May I impose upon the house’s good nature? | 不好意思 能劳驾一下贵庄吗 |
[37:23] | How much? | 多少 |
[37:26] | $200,000. | 二十万 |
[37:29] | There are other games, Arnold. | 还有很多其他的游戏 阿诺德 |
[37:31] | No, there’s only the game you’re in now. | 不 你现在在玩的只有这个游戏 |
[37:36] | Give Mr. Rothstein a marker for 200,000. | 给罗斯坦先生换二十万的筹码 |
[37:59] | All in. | 全押 |
[38:10] | Call. | 开牌 |
[38:12] | Flush, queen high. | 同花 Q最大 |
[38:21] | I figured you for a straight. | 我以为你是同花顺 |
[38:23] | Then you figured me wrong again. | 你又猜错了 |
[38:42] | Nice getting to know you, Arnold. | 很高兴认识你 阿诺德 |
[38:53] | ..Baumkuchen, strudel, schwarzwalder kirschtorte. | 年轮蛋糕 卷心饼 黑森林蛋糕 |
[38:56] | I swear he gets fatter by the day. | 他肯定一天比一天胖 |
[38:58] | Because you’re getting him ready for the slaughter. | 因为他得做好准备砍人 |
[39:01] | From strudel chef to company president. | 卷心饼大厨 公司老总通通杀光 |
[39:04] | Ausgezeichnet! | 好样的 |
[39:07] | – What’s the matter? – You have missed your train. | -怎么了 -你错过了火车 |
[39:10] | Trains are like whores– you miss one, | 火车就像婊子 错过一个 |
[39:12] | you can hop on the next. | 上下一个就是了 |
[39:16] | – Another round? – Yeah. | -再喝一个 -好 |
[39:19] | So, how is work with you? | 你的工作怎么样 |
[39:22] | – I have no complaints. – Since when? | -我毫无怨言 -什么时候开始的 |
[39:25] | All we’ve been hearing is how you despise shining his shoes. | 我们听说的是 你很讨厌为他擦鞋 |
[39:28] | That is no longer required of me. | 这不再是我的活儿了 |
[39:30] | Because of the injury? | 因为受伤的事吗 |
[39:32] | Because I have received a promotion. | 因为我升职了 |
[39:35] | – Oh! – What are your new duties? | 你的新工作是什么 |
[39:39] | You will not tell us? | 不肯告诉我们吗 |
[39:44] | A gangster with a Tommy gun. | 拿着冲锋枪的黑帮成员 |
[40:17] | What are they singing about? | 他们唱的是什么 |
[40:18] | It’s about the Rhine, to be young, and a pretty girl. | 唱的莱茵河 年轻万岁 姑娘美丽 |
[40:22] | – A happy song, a very happy song. – Sounds good to me. | -欢乐的歌 -我也觉得挺好 |
[40:53] | You check the other door? | 另一扇门也锁好了吗 |
[40:56] | – Come on, come on. – You put enough in? | -快啊快啊 -你放的量够吗 |
[40:59] | I thought I did. Oh! | 应该够了吧 |
[41:08] | It’s occupied, Hank. | 有人 汉克 |
[41:12] | I got to go! | 我要上厕所 |
[41:17] | Hold up. Hey, everyone. | 等等 各位 |
[41:19] | Who thinks Henry should show us the Charleston again? | 亨利再给我们来一个查尔斯顿舞怎么样 |
[41:21] | – Yeah! – Come on, really cut it up. | -好啊 -快点啊 真的很棒 |
[41:24] | – Let me go, Thompson. – What’s the matter? | -让开 汤普森 -你怎么了 |
[41:26] | I got to– | 我要… |
[41:35] | – What the hell? – Oh, my God! | -搞什么鬼啊 -我的天啊 |
[41:39] | Oh, jeez. | 天呐 |
[41:41] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[41:43] | Some air? | 透透气吧 |
[41:45] | You know, most kids are out of diapers by college. | 其实很多孩子上了大学才停用尿布 |
[41:49] | Disgusting. | 恶心 |
[41:52] | Will someone let me in the john, please? | 能让我去厕所吗 谢谢了 |
[41:55] | Who’s in the bathroom? | 谁在厕所里 |
[42:08] | Take the wheel. | 你来开 |
[42:10] | Come on. | 快点 |
[42:22] | Oh, fuck. | 操爽 |
[42:25] | Come on, take a snoot. Clear your head. | 吸一口 醒醒脑子 |
[42:27] | I’m quite alert already. Thank you. | 我很清醒 谢谢你 |
[42:34] | Beats my wife’s coffee, I’ll tell you that much. | 老实说 比我老婆的咖啡管用多了 |
[42:43] | So, O’Banion, | 奥巴尼恩 |
[42:46] | he been treating you right? | 他对你好吗 |
[42:48] | He’s a joker. | 他爱开玩笑 |
[42:50] | A prankster in a violent sort of way. | 开玩笑的方式比较暴力 |
[42:54] | Takes things too far, huh? | 玩笑开得太过头了 是吧 |
[42:56] | There’s a time for levity. | 人都有轻浮的时期 |
[42:59] | I do have a sense of humor. | 我也有幽默感 |
[43:05] | He pays me well, but he doesn’t treat me with respect. | 他给我很多钱 但是不尊重我 |
[43:10] | You could work for me. | 你可以给我卖力 |
[43:13] | In Cicero? | 在西塞罗 |
[43:15] | Election’s coming up. | 选举就要开始了 |
[43:16] | We get that sewed up, | 我们会赢的 |
[43:19] | things are bound to get busier. | 事情也会随之越来越多 |
[43:21] | And you’d clear it with Mr. O’– | 然后你就会和奥巴尼恩先生算清… |
[43:23] | What the fuck was that? | 他妈的什么东西 |
[43:24] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[43:26] | Let me out! Let me out! | 让我出去 让我出去 |
[43:30] | It’s not funny! Let me out! | 一点也不好玩 让我出去 |
[43:40] | Hello? | 你好 |
[43:42] | You know whose truck this is? | 你知道这是谁的卡车吗 |
[43:44] | Who the fuck are you? | 你他妈的是谁 |
[43:46] | Sorry. Jesus. Sorry, fellas. I didn’t know it was– | 抱歉 天呢 抱歉 我不知道这是 |
[43:49] | All right, all right. Relax. | 好了 好了 放松 |
[43:52] | You can take it. | 你们开走吧 |
[43:53] | I– I can walk. | 我走回去就行 |
[43:55] | It’s my fault anyway. I fell asleep, you know? | 反正也是我的错 我睡着了 |
[44:00] | – Mueller? – No. I– | -穆勒 -不 我 |
[44:02] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事 没事 |
[44:03] | – I didn’t see nothing. – It’s fine. Take it easy. | -我什么都没看见 -没事 别激动 |
[44:07] | Tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[44:09] | We’ll give you 10. | 我们给你十秒钟 |
[44:11] | What? | 什么 |
[44:12] | – Okay. Jesus, Jesus. – Nine, eight, seven… | -好 天呐 -九 八 七 |
[44:19] | What do you want me to do? | 你们想让我干什么 |
[44:20] | Makes no difference to us he tells O’Banion about this. | 他给奥巴尼恩说了对我们也没影响 |
[44:28] | – Three… – Fuck. Fuck. | -三 -该死 该死 |
[44:31] | Two… | 二 |
[44:36] | It’s jammed. | 卡住了 |
[44:52] | One. | 一 |
[45:19] | Willie. Willie, wake up. | 威利 威利 醒醒 |
[45:22] | – What’s wrong? – You better come. | -出什么事了 -你最好过来 |
[45:37] | – Hey, guys, what’s all the commotion? – Oh, my God. | -大家都这么激动干什么 -天呐 |
[45:40] | He kept going to the bathroom all night. I heard him. | 他整晚都在去厕所 我听到了 |
[45:47] | Why won’t he close his eyes or something? | 他为什么死不瞑目 |
[45:58] | Call. | 开牌 |
[46:00] | – Jacks, a pair. – Fresh deck, please | -一对J -重开一副牌 |
[46:05] | Maybe we should call it a night. | 今晚就这样吧 |
[46:07] | – It’s early yet. – It’s nearly dawn. | -时候尚早 -快早上了 |
[46:10] | They’re eating dinner in China. | 中国人这会正在吃晚饭 |
[46:24] | I said fresh deck. | 我说开副新牌 |
[46:26] | I just opened this one, sir. | 我刚刚打开这副 先生 |
[46:29] | I don’t like the feel of it. | 我不喜欢这种感觉 |
[46:34] | You have some other engagement? | 你有别的什么约定吗 |
[46:35] | Don’t look at him. | 别看他 |
[46:38] | Don’t look at him. | 别看他 |
[46:41] | Look at me. | 看我 |
[46:43] | I’m the player. | 我才是游戏的参与者 |
[46:47] | A.R. | 罗斯坦 |
[46:55] | Wouldn’t it be best | 你不应该 |
[46:58] | people don’t see you like this? | 把这一面展露给外人 |
[47:13] | Okey-coakley, Meyer. | 好的 迈耶 |
[47:16] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[47:22] | I’ve relished the action. | 我很喜欢这个赌局 |
[47:32] | Thanks for the pocket change, Goldstein. | 谢谢你赏的零钱 金斯坦 |
[47:43] | Rothstein. | 罗斯坦 |
[47:49] | Time to settle up. | 该结账了 |
[48:12] | Mr. Thompson, I realize– | 汤普森先生 我意识到 |
[48:14] | He’s good for up to a million. | 他可以加到一百万 |
[48:15] | Thank you, but no. | 谢谢 但是不要了 |
[48:18] | I’m asking you don’t extend him any more credit. | 我请求你不要再给他赊账了 |
[48:21] | Is he not good for it? | 他没钱了吗 |
[48:22] | Of course he is, but… | 当然有 但是 |
[48:25] | everyone hits a rough patch now and again. | 每个人都会经历难关 |
[48:29] | Is that what it is? | 是这样吗 |
[48:33] | He’s a great man, A.R., | 他是个伟大的人 罗斯坦 |
[48:36] | but he doesn’t like to lose. | 但他不喜欢输 |
[48:38] | Nobody likes to, | 没人喜欢输 |
[48:40] | but we all have to learn how. | 但我们都要学会输 |
[48:43] | The Tampa deal, I’m taking it off the table. | 坦帕的事情 我要收回我的提议 |
[48:45] | – If it’s a matter of money– – It’s not. | -如果是钱的问题 -不是 |
[48:48] | I can’t rely on a man so blinded | 我不能依靠这样一个 |
[48:49] | by his obsession with winning. | 盲目追求胜利的赌徒 |
[48:52] | Tell him I’ll find a new partner. | 告诉他我会找到新的合作伙伴 |
[48:57] | Would the terms of your proposal be the same? | 那你的条件还和之前一样吗 |
[49:01] | – For who? – For me. | -对谁来说 -对我 |
[49:06] | Without Rothstein? | 没有罗斯坦参与 |
[49:08] | Mr. Rothstein is not my boss. | 罗斯坦先生不是我的老板 |
[49:11] | We share some business dealings– | 我们有一些业务往来 |
[49:12] | Tell me something about yourself. | 跟我说说你自己 |
[49:16] | I’m a businessman. | 我是个商人 |
[49:18] | Charlie and I have partnered in several high-level endeavors. | 查理和我也合伙了一些高水平的生意 |
[49:21] | No, about yourself. | 不 关于你自己 |
[49:24] | What kind of man you are. | 你是什么样的人 |
[49:32] | When I was a boy, | 当我还是个孩子的时候 |
[49:34] | my father moved us from Russia | 我的父亲举家从俄罗斯 |
[49:37] | to the Lower East Side. | 搬到下东区来 |
[49:39] | He was weak, my father. | 他很软弱 我的父亲 |
[49:43] | Never stood up. | 从来不抗事 |
[49:48] | One day on my way to school, | 有一天我去上学的时候 |
[49:51] | I got stopped by a gang of older boys. | 遇到一群比我大的孩子 |
[49:54] | The leader said he wanted my lunch money. | 领头的说要午饭钱 |
[49:57] | I told him go fuck himself. | 我让他滚蛋 |
[50:00] | He laughed. | 他笑了 |
[50:01] | Said he’d beat it out of me. | 说他会打我 |
[50:03] | So I spit in his face. | 然后我把痰吐到他脸上 |
[50:06] | He did beat me. | 他确实打了我 |
[50:08] | They all did. | 他们都打了我 |
[50:11] | And they took my money. | 然后拿走了我的钱 |
[50:13] | Next day, same thing. | 第二天 同样的事情发生 |
[50:15] | Again, I spit in his face, again we fought. | 我又吐了他 然后打架 |
[50:17] | But the third day, | 但是第三天 |
[50:20] | the kid asked me to join his gang. | 那个孩子请我加入 |
[50:25] | He was Charlie Luciano. | 他叫查理·卢西亚诺 |
[50:27] | That’s how we teamed up. | 我们就是这么认识的 |
[50:32] | Last year we made more money | 去年我们挣的钱 |
[50:33] | than the President of the United States. | 比美国总统还多 |
[50:37] | And I think you’ll find us to be responsible partners | 你会发现我们不管是在这还是在佛罗里达 |
[50:40] | both here or in Florida | 都会是可靠的合作伙伴 |
[50:42] | should you feel the need for eyes on your investment. | 你不觉得你的投资应该有人照看着吗 |
[50:51] | $500,000. | 五十万 |
[50:53] | Done. | 成交 |
[50:54] | – In 48 hours. – Done. | -四十八小时内 -成交 |
[51:01] | The money doesn’t show, | 钱不来 |
[51:03] | this conversation didn’t happen | 我们的这段谈话就从没发生过 |
[51:06] | and it won’t ever happen again. | 也再也不会发生了 |
[51:45] | So the election– | 选举那天 |
[51:47] | you’ll help out for the day? | 你会帮忙吧 |
[51:48] | We understand some voters are still a little confused. | 我们知道有些选民还很困惑 |
[51:53] | Nice place. | 地方不错 |
[51:56] | Stick with us. | 跟我们混 |
[51:57] | We’ll move you into something with indoor plumbing. | 我们给你找个带自来水的地方 |
[52:04] | See you in a few hours. | 一会见了 |
[52:32] | You know, you never really | 你知道 在和你一个人玩牌之前 |
[52:33] | know a man until you play cards with him. | 你永远不会了解他 |
[52:36] | Allow me to introduce myself. | 请允许我自我介绍一下 |
[53:18] | Eddie. | 埃迪 |
[53:22] | Eddie! | 埃迪 |
[53:26] | Did you need something? | 你需要什么东西吗 |
[53:29] | No. Just… | 不 只是 |
[53:32] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[53:59] | – Nein, nein, nein. – What is it? | -不行 不行 不行 -怎么唱 |
[54:06] | Whoa, whoa. I’m gonna– | 我要 |
[54:08] | I’m gonna learn it for the next time. | 我要下次学 |
[54:10] | Perhaps you should just hum it. | 你会哼就行了 |
[54:17] | Bottles. | 饼子 |
[54:19] | Edward. I’ll be seeing you. | 爱德华 我们再见 |
[54:21] | No wooden nickels, huh? | 决不食言 |
[54:34] | – Mr. Kessler. – Yes? | -凯斯勒先生 -什么事 |
[54:35] | We’re with the Bureau of Investigation. | 我们是调查局的人 |
[54:39] | – Gentlemen, I assure you– – Lower your voice. | -先生们 我向 你们保证 -小声 |
[54:43] | I have done nothing wrong. | 我没做什么错事 |
[54:44] | Nucky Thompson’s wet nurse out all night, up to who knows what? | 晚上当努基·汤普森的奶妈 白天又在干什么 |
[54:48] | If you will allow me to explain– | 请允许我解释 |
[54:50] | – Come with us, please. – But I have done– | -请跟我们走一趟 -但是我没做什么 |
[54:52] | One foot in front of the other. | 乖乖跟我们走 |
[54:53] | Don’t make a scene. | 别吵闹 |