| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [01:37] | It’s over here. Come on. He’s still breathing. | 在这边 快点 他还有气呢 | 
| [01:41] | Why ain’t the sheriff come? | 治安官怎么没来 | 
| [01:43] | Detained by other business, ma’am. | 公务缠身 女士 | 
| [01:46] | Had the time when he was up for election, didn’t he? | 当年拉票的时候可没这么忙 | 
| [01:49] | He sent me along as soon as you called, Mrs. Zeller. | 您一报警他就马上把我派来了 泽勒太太 | 
| [01:51] | Is you supposed to be qualified? | 那你够格吗 | 
| [01:55] | I’m a trained officer of the law. | 我是受训的执法人员 | 
| [02:00] | He’s under there. | 他就在那边 | 
| [02:03] | I was out crabbing. I came back through here. | 我去捡海 回来时路过这儿 | 
| [02:06] | I saw him. | 就看见了他 | 
| [02:08] | He waved his hand like he wanted me to join him. | 他还冲我招手 像是叫我过去 | 
| [02:11] | Did he say anything? | 他说什么了吗 | 
| [02:12] | I didn’t go near him. | 我没靠近 | 
| [02:14] | All manner of dark doings afoot. | 有那么多龌蹉的事 | 
| [02:19] | At night there’s voices moaning. | 晚上有人哀嚎 | 
| [02:24] | Come daylight, | 等天亮了 | 
| [02:26] | you don’t know what you’ll find. | 说不好能发现什么 | 
| [02:29] | Go. | 去啊 | 
| [02:31] | Do your job. | 尽你的本职 | 
| [02:51] | Misfortune or mayhem? | 意外还是凶杀 | 
| [03:03] | It’s a hog. | 是头猪 | 
| [03:05] | What? | 什么 | 
| [03:06] | A hog. | 是猪 | 
| [03:08] | A dead hog. | 死猪 | 
| [03:10] | It ain’t a murdered body? | 不是被杀的人吗 | 
| [03:13] | No, ma’am. | 不是 | 
| [03:16] | He waved me forward. | 他还冲我招手呢 | 
| [03:18] | Must be his leg. | 一定是腿 | 
| [03:21] | You gonna tell the sheriff? | 你会上报治安官吗 | 
| [03:23] | Most surely will. | 当然 | 
| [03:25] | You don’t know half of what goes on here. | 你根本什么都不知道 | 
| [03:27] | Well, you see anything suspicious, | 您看到可疑情况 | 
| [03:29] | you let me or Sheriff Lindsay know. | 一定告诉我和琳赛先生 | 
| [03:32] | Who are you? | 你是谁 | 
| [03:34] | I’m the deputy, ma’am. | 我是警官 | 
| [03:35] | You can ask for me, Enoch Thompson. | 找我就行 伊诺克·汤普森 | 
| [03:38] | You don’t know what’s going on. | 你根本屁事不懂 | 
| [03:55] | Oh, come on. | 出来啊 | 
| [03:59] | Fucker. | 他妈的 | 
| [04:04] | Oh, fuck. | 该死 | 
| [04:19] | What gives? | 怎么回事 | 
| [04:21] | He’s either wrestling an alligator, | 他不是在跟鳄鱼搏斗 | 
| [04:22] | or he’s still on the toilet. | 就是还蹲在厕所上 | 
| [04:24] | Thought the powder was supposed to give you the runs. | 我以为磕了粉会跑肚呢 | 
| [04:26] | My brother don’t do nothing normal. | 我哥哥什么都与人不同 | 
| [04:33] | Hello. | 喂 | 
| [04:35] | Cockroach! Cockroach! | 蟑螂 蟑螂 | 
| [04:38] | Kill it! Kill it! | 杀了它 杀了它 | 
| [04:39] | I got it. | 我来吧 | 
| [04:48] | Any progress? | 有进展吗 | 
| [04:49] | “History doesn’t repeat itself, | “历史不会重演 | 
| [04:51] | but it does rhyme.” | 但会押韵” | 
| [04:53] | Fuck does that mean? | 什么意思 | 
| [04:55] | – A riddle? – Sounds like poetry. | -谜语吗 -更像诗 | 
| [04:57] | I call Nucky Thompson the other night. | 我前天晚上打给了努基·汤普森 | 
| [04:59] | Tell him Luciano’s gonna be gunning for him again. | 跟他说卢西亚诺又要坑他了 | 
| [05:02] | That’s his response. | 他就这么回答我 | 
| [05:04] | Was he drunk? I mean, if he’s anything like his brother… | 他喝醉了吗 如果他跟他弟弟一样 | 
| [05:10] | What do I think? It’s a message. | 要我说 那是信息 | 
| [05:13] | It’s like a– what do you call it? | 你怎么说的来着 | 
| [05:15] | – An omen. – An omen. | -预兆 -预兆 | 
| [05:17] | That we need to be on our toes. | 我们得保持警惕 | 
| [05:19] | All that bullshit with the income taxes. | 什么收入税的鬼扯 | 
| [05:21] | – What are you worried about? – First they pinch Ralphie. | -你担心什么 -他们先抓了拉尔菲 | 
| [05:24] | – Then they go after Jake. – We’re gonna beat it, Al. | -然后就会去抓杰克 -兵来将挡 阿尔 | 
| [05:27] | I mean, fucking lawyers got them tied up in knots. | 那些律师缠得他们死死的 | 
| [05:29] | So what? I’m supposed to just make it easy? | 怎么 那我就不做反抗了吗 | 
| [05:38] | Now, the whole operation, | 不 我们整个生意 | 
| [05:40] | – we’ve got to move it. – How you mean? | -我们得转移 -什么意思 | 
| [05:43] | The books, the cash, all that to Cicero. | 账本 现金 都弄去西塞罗 | 
| [05:46] | – Al, you got any idea how hard that’s gonna be? – By tomorrow. | -阿尔 你知道这多困难吗 -明天弄完 | 
| [05:49] | Tomorrow? | 明天 | 
| [05:50] | Why wait, huh? | 等什么呢 | 
| [05:51] | Get it out of here. | 马上弄走 | 
| [05:55] | What, you got something better to do? | 你有别的事要做吗 | 
| [05:57] | No, of course not. | 当然没有 | 
| [06:05] | That was Owney Madden. | 奥尼·麦登找你 | 
| [06:07] | His friend’s in town. The actor. | 他朋友 那个演员来了 | 
| [06:09] | Wanted to stop by and say hello. | 想顺道过来见见你 | 
| [06:12] | They’re gonna make a movie about me. | 他们要拍部关于我的电影 | 
| [06:15] | You hear? | 听说了吗 | 
| [06:18] | Fuck. | 我去 | 
| [06:20] | It’s hot in New York, right? | 纽约很热 是吗 | 
| [06:24] | The weather. | 那里的天气 | 
| [06:25] | Okay. | 嗯 | 
| [06:39] | Mr. Thompson? | 汤普森先生 | 
| [06:41] | Mr. Doyle needs to see you straightaway in the office. | 多伊尔先生请您马上去办公室 | 
| [06:44] | – Who are you? – Joe Harper, sir. | -你是谁 -乔·哈珀 先生 | 
| [06:48] | Mr. Doyle says it’s urgent. | 多伊尔先生说是急事 | 
| [06:52] | Take this down to the car. | 把这件拿去车里 | 
| [06:53] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 | 
| [07:09] | Has Ronis called back yet? | 罗尼斯回电话了吗 | 
| [07:19] | Well, I’ll leave you two to catch up. | 我就不打扰二位叙旧了 | 
| [07:30] | I ain’t carrying nothing. | 我身上什么都没有 | 
| [07:33] | Fella downstairs saw to that. | 楼下的人搜过了 | 
| [07:35] | That wouldn’t stop a man who’s made up his mind. | 那也拦不住一心一意的人 | 
| [07:37] | Something to reckon with. | 是值得考虑 | 
| [07:42] | You letting that knocker run things now? | 你让那二货管事了 | 
| [07:44] | Mickey? | 米奇 | 
| [07:45] | His personality suits the operation. | 他的性格适合这工作 | 
| [07:49] | This place worse than my old juke. | 这地方比我以前的场子还糟 | 
| [07:51] | Times change. | 时过境迁 | 
| [07:53] | You always find a way. | 你总是有法子 | 
| [08:01] | Doesn’t anyone drink anymore? | 难道所有人都戒酒了吗 | 
| [08:03] | I ain’t come here for that. | 我不是来喝酒的 | 
| [08:05] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 | 
| [08:07] | Run with some boys for a while. | 跟几个小子跑了一阵子 | 
| [08:10] | Storefronts, gas stations. | 小店 加油站 | 
| [08:13] | One night they leave me ass in the wind. | 有天他们就扔下我跑了 | 
| [08:17] | Can’t say I ain’t earned it. | 也算是我自找的 | 
| [08:20] | Done some time. | 蹲了一阵监狱 | 
| [08:22] | I heard you were still doing it. | 我听说你还在蹲呢 | 
| [08:25] | You wrong for once. | 这件事你弄错了 | 
| [08:41] | I’m sorry for all of it, Chalky. | 发生这么多事我很遗憾 朝琪 | 
| [08:43] | I ain’t come here for no sympathy either. | 我也不是来要你同情的 | 
| [08:45] | – I don’t know where Narcisse is. – You could find him. | -我不知道纳西斯在哪 -你找得到他 | 
| [08:48] | That’s not something that would do either of us any good. | 找他对你我都没好处 | 
| [08:51] | You can’t say what’s good for me. | 对我有没有好处 你说的不算 | 
| [08:56] | Your family moved to St. Louis years back. | 你家人几年前搬到圣路易斯 | 
| [09:00] | They’re living under your wife’s maiden name. | 用你妻子的娘家姓 | 
| [09:05] | Knock on the door, | 我去敲门 | 
| [09:07] | they say welcome home. | 他们会说”欢迎回家”吗 | 
| [09:09] | You don’t know what’ll happen. | 那谁知道 | 
| [09:10] | I’m a wanted man. | 我是逃犯 | 
| [09:13] | Ain’t stepped in daylight in more than a week. | 整整一周没敢白天出门了 | 
| [09:15] | Then you can stay here under protection. | 那你可以留在这 有人保护 | 
| [09:19] | I owe you that. | 这是我欠你的 | 
| [09:22] | There’s no sense looking back. | 盯着过去没有意义 | 
| [09:24] | The only thing you can do is start again. | 你唯一能做的就是从头再来 | 
| [09:28] | I really believe that. | 这是我的信条 | 
| [09:29] | We ain’t schoolboys no more. | 我们都不年轻了 | 
| [09:31] | We’re not dead either. | 我们也还没行将就木 | 
| [09:33] | That leaves a lot of road in the middle. | 没死就还有很多路可走 | 
| [09:36] | Maybe you just don’t see the end of it. | 或许有路没路你也看不出呢 | 
| [09:43] | I have an appointment in New York. | 我约了人在纽约见面 | 
| [09:45] | I can’t put it off. | 没法推脱 | 
| [09:47] | I want you to stay here. | 我希望你留下 | 
| [09:50] | We’ll work something out and hope for the best. | 我们一起想办法 抱最好的希望 | 
| [09:55] | Since when you so positive? | 你几时起这么乐观了 | 
| [09:57] | I’ve always been this way. | 我一直是这样 | 
| [10:07] | Take it. | 拿着 | 
| [10:09] | We ain’t do no business. | 我们不是做生意 | 
| [10:10] | This is between friends. | 朋友间的馈赠 | 
| [10:44] | Just a second. | 稍等 | 
| [10:59] | You had me worried sick. | 你害我担心死了 | 
| [11:01] | I’ve been waiting at the station. | 我在车站等了好久 | 
| [11:02] | I overslept. | 我睡过头了 | 
| [11:08] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么东西 | 
| [11:10] | Well, I’m not positive, but I think it’s a baby. | 我也不太确定 应该是个宝宝吧 | 
| [11:16] | Hello to you, too. | 也向你问好 | 
| [11:27] | When did– | 什么时候… | 
| [11:28] | My last visit. | 我上次来看你 | 
| [11:31] | Labor Day? | 产期呢 | 
| [11:33] | I’m seven months along. | 我七个月了 | 
| [11:36] | And you don’t say a word? | 你竟然一句都没提 | 
| [11:38] | All the letters, the phone calls. | 那么多信件 通话 | 
| [11:41] | You’re under enough pressure. | 你的压力够大了 | 
| [11:44] | What could you have done? | 你知道了又能做什么呢 | 
| [11:46] | It’s not as if you’d be coming home, is it? | 你又回不了家 对吧 | 
| [11:57] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系 | 
| [12:01] | I’m happy. | 我很高兴 | 
| [12:04] | I’m very happy. | 非常高兴 | 
| [12:10] | You need to eat. | 你得吃东西 | 
| [12:14] | Take care of your appearance. | 打理一下自己 | 
| [12:17] | And cut down on the drinking. | 少喝些酒 | 
| [12:19] | I’m not. | 我没喝 | 
| [12:22] | I mean, I am. | 我是说 我在戒 | 
| [12:24] | I’m trying hard. I’m doing it. | 我很努力 我在戒酒 | 
| [12:28] | Really. | 真的 | 
| [12:31] | And now that you’re gonna– | 然后你又要… | 
| [12:38] | I need you, June. | 我需要你 琼 | 
| [12:40] | I need you to come out here | 我需要你搬过来 | 
| [12:42] | and bring Dermott, Kathleen. | 带上德莫特 凯瑟琳 | 
| [12:45] | They’re not done growing up. | 他们还没长大 | 
| [12:47] | And now a baby. | 马上又要添一个 | 
| [12:49] | What about your brother? | 你哥哥怎么办 | 
| [12:50] | My life’s got nothing to do with his. | 我的生活与他无关 | 
| [12:54] | He wouldn’t send the allowance anymore. | 那他就不会再给赡养费了 | 
| [12:56] | I don’t want you touching that money again. | 我不想你再碰他的钱 | 
| [12:59] | I’m moving up the ladder. | 我要出头了 | 
| [13:01] | Best thing that ever happened to me. | 一辈子没有过的好机会 | 
| [13:04] | And we’d be together. | 我们又能在一起了 | 
| [13:07] | It’s a blessing. | 这是恩赐 | 
| [13:10] | A chance to start over. | 重新开始的机会 | 
| [13:12] | Not everyone gets that. | 不是每个人都能有的 | 
| [13:39] | Are we eating at that awful chophouse? | 我们要去那个难吃的小餐馆吗 | 
| [13:42] | No. No, no. | 不 不不 | 
| [13:47] | We’re getting a home-cooked meal. | 我们今晚吃家宴 | 
| [13:49] | My partner invited us. | 我的合伙人邀请了我们 | 
| [13:51] | His wife did. She wants to meet you. | 他妻子邀请的 她想见你 | 
| [14:04] | Are you busy? | 你忙吗 | 
| [14:05] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 | 
| [14:07] | Charlotte. | 夏洛特 | 
| [14:08] | I don’t have time. Read this. | 我时间不多 读读这个 | 
| [14:10] | – It explains everything. – She’s in here. | -一切都在上面 -她在这里 | 
| [14:13] | Protect your fur. | 保护好你的皮草 | 
| [14:15] | – Come on, Charlotte. – No, no, no, no. | -来吧 夏洛特 -不 不 不要 | 
| [14:18] | No, no, no, no. Don’t take my teeth. | 不 不 不 不要拔我的牙 | 
| [14:21] | No, Martin loves my smile. | 不 马丁喜欢我的笑容 | 
| [14:24] | – No! – Wash it! Wash it! | -不 洗呀洗呀 | 
| [14:26] | I got her. Get the door. | 我抓着她 去开门 | 
| [14:29] | Wash it. Wash it. Wash it. Wash it. | 洗呀洗呀洗呀洗呀 | 
| [14:31] | Wash it. Wash it. Wash it. Wash it. Wash it. Wash it. | 洗洗洗洗洗洗 | 
| [14:34] | Wash it. Wash it. Wash it. | 洗干净 洗干净 洗干净 | 
| [14:37] | 小心坏蛋跟踪狂 萨克斯百货34号皮草储藏库保护您的皮草 | |
| [14:53] | Don’t make sense. | 说不通 | 
| [14:55] | Maranzano guaranteed your safety. | 马兰扎诺承诺过会确保你的安全 | 
| [14:58] | He said I have nothing to fear. That’s not the same thing. | 他说我不必害怕 这可不是一个意思 | 
| [15:01] | Maybe Al got it wrong. | 或许阿尔误解了 | 
| [15:03] | Or Luciano was acting on his own. | 或许卢西亚诺是自己在行动 | 
| [15:06] | He runs his mouth, Charlie, | 查理虽然管不住嘴 | 
| [15:08] | but he still dances to Maranzano’s tune. | 但还是听马兰扎诺的话 | 
| [15:10] | Not if Maranzano was dead. | 马兰扎诺死了他就不必听话了 | 
| [15:14] | Al said that, too? | 阿尔也是这么说的 | 
| [15:15] | I just told you he did. | 我刚说完是他说的 | 
| [15:17] | Of course. | 当然了 | 
| [15:19] | Fucking hearing loss. | 听力太他妈差了 | 
| [15:24] | Is Anne here? | 安妮在这吗 | 
| [15:25] | She’s at bingo. | 她去玩宾果游戏了 | 
| [15:28] | It’s warm for this time of year. | 今年这时候怎么这么热 | 
| [15:31] | I had the fan on last night. | 我昨晚风扇都没关 | 
| [15:35] | Jeez, my manners. What can I get you? | 失礼了 你想喝点什么 | 
| [15:38] | Whatever you’re drinking would be terrific. | 你喝的这个就不错 | 
| [15:41] | First thing Anne thinks of | 客人一进屋 | 
| [15:44] | when someone walks into the house. | 安妮马上就会想到上饮品 | 
| [15:46] | The perfect hostess. | 她太会待客了 | 
| [15:50] | Always tending to the domestic side. | 家里的事总是处理得很妥当 | 
| [15:52] | Funny what we take for granted. | 我们总是不知道珍惜 | 
| [15:54] | Like your health. | 就像不珍惜健康一样 | 
| [15:57] | Which is why you should retire. | 所以你该退休了 | 
| [16:03] | You piss one of them off? | 你惹到谁了吗 | 
| [16:05] | Luciano or Lansky? | 卢西亚诺或者兰斯基 | 
| [16:09] | It’s business, John. I’m in the way. | 这是生意 约翰 我碍事了 | 
| [16:11] | You hungry? I’ll make you a cheese melt. | 你饿了吗 我给你做个烤乳酪面包 | 
| [16:14] | I’m fine, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 | 
| [16:17] | What time you meeting Maranzano? | 你什么时候跟马兰扎诺见面 | 
| [16:19] | 7:30 at his restaurant. | 七半点 在他的餐厅 | 
| [16:21] | I’ll meet you over there. | 我去那里找你 | 
| [16:22] | We’ll get to the bottom of this. | 我们来弄明白到底是怎么回事 | 
| [16:26] | I didn’t mean to get you involved. | 我没想把你也卷进来 | 
| [16:27] | Hey, we either friends or we ain’t. | 我们可是朋友 | 
| [16:31] | Obviously Luciano should not be present. | 很显然卢西亚诺不该出席 | 
| [16:33] | I’ll call Maranzano beforehand. | 我提前给马兰扎诺打电话 | 
| [16:35] | Lay it all out for him. | 把事情跟他说一说 | 
| [16:37] | If nothing else, he’s a man of reason. | 他也是个讲理的人 | 
| [16:47] | You go out on that call this morning? | 今早接到那个报警电话你去查了吗 | 
| [16:49] | You were right about her. | 她还真是你说的那样 | 
| [16:51] | – What’d she see this time? – Body under the old Iron Pier. | -她这次又看到什么了 -旧码头下有具尸体 | 
| [16:55] | And? | 然后呢 | 
| [16:57] | Hog. Got washed away somehow. | 一头猪 被冲到了那里 | 
| [16:59] | Old biddy’s had me jumping the last 20 years. | 那个老太太过去20年没少折腾我 | 
| [17:01] | Next time it’ll be the Jersey Devil. | 下次她就会说看到”泽西恶魔”了 | 
| [17:03] | She is the Jersey Devil. | 她就是”泽西恶魔” | 
| [17:07] | That girl of yours, Mabel? | 你的那个姑娘 叫梅布尔吗 | 
| [17:11] | Mrs. Lindsay approved. | 琳赛夫人很喜欢她 | 
| [17:13] | And I defer to her in all such matters. | 而且我也同意她的看法 | 
| [17:16] | I don’t think her father does. | 我觉得她父亲不满意 | 
| [17:19] | Of me, I mean. | 不满意我 | 
| [17:21] | I’ll vouch for your character. | 我会为你的人品担保 | 
| [17:23] | And your salary. | 还有你的工资 | 
| [17:25] | Obliged to sort it out myself. | 我还是自己解决吧 | 
| [17:29] | You ever eat at the Oyster House? | 你在”牡蛎坊”吃过饭吗 | 
| [17:30] | New place in Ducktown? Mighty dear. | 达克镇新开的那家吗 贵得要命 | 
| [17:33] | That’s the point. | 正是如此 | 
| [17:35] | He treats me like I’m some beggar boy. | 他把我当要穷小子来对待 | 
| [17:38] | I’m gonna sit down with him tonight, | 我今晚要和他坐下来 | 
| [17:39] | show him I– | 告诉他 | 
| [17:42] | – Afternoon, Pat. – Mr. Halligan. | -下午好 帕特 -哈利根先生 | 
| [17:47] | If it ain’t the law west of the Pecos. | 这不是”派克斯西律所”么 | 
| [17:50] | How’s that? | 怎么说 | 
| [17:51] | Catch the Rolling Chair Robber yet? | 抓到”轮椅强盗”了吗 | 
| [17:53] | I heard he snatched a lady’s parasol | 我听说他在上帝和所有人面前 | 
| [17:55] | in front of God and everybody. | 抢了一位夫人的伞 | 
| [17:57] | We’re hot on his trail. | 我们就快抓到他了 | 
| [18:00] | And little Ragged Dick. | 还有这位”衣衫褴褛的迪克”[小说主人公] | 
| [18:02] | How’s the hat game these days? | 最近帽子游戏玩得怎么样了[小说情节] | 
| [18:05] | Sailing right along, sir. | 还行吧 先生 | 
| [18:07] | You’re a slick one. | 你挺机灵的 | 
| [18:10] | Gentlemen. | 失陪 | 
| [18:18] | It’s us. | 是我们 | 
| [18:19] | Come in. | 进来 | 
| [18:23] | Lou. Leander. | 卢 利安德 | 
| [18:26] | Have a cigar, Jacob. | 来根雪茄 雅各布 | 
| [18:28] | You, too, Deputy. | 你也来一根 副治安官 | 
| [18:30] | Much obliged. | 非常感谢 | 
| [18:32] | See our friend just now? | 看到刚才那位朋友了吗 | 
| [18:35] | Looked a bit out of joint. | 看上去有点毛病 | 
| [18:38] | Had a… | 他有个 | 
| [18:41] | proposal, I guess you’d call it. | 提议 应该可以叫做”提议” | 
| [18:43] | What’s that? | 是什么 | 
| [18:44] | Mr. Halligan wishes to renegotiate | 哈利根先生想要对一个 | 
| [18:47] | certain terms of a long-standing agreement. | 长期合同的某些款项进行重新协商 | 
| [18:49] | Got the idea in his head that I’m beholden to him | 他觉得我应该把我 | 
| [18:52] | for what I built with my own two hands. | 一手建立起的东西让给他 | 
| [18:55] | That won’t hunt. | 怎么可能 | 
| [18:55] | It’s a goddamn squeeze from New York | 这是纽约的人在压榨我 | 
| [18:58] | and I won’t stand for it. | 我是不会容忍的 | 
| [19:00] | – How are you set? – What are we talking about? | -你想怎么做 -你什么打算 | 
| [19:02] | Keeping this town in the hands of those who own it. | 让大西洋城留在它真正的主人手里 | 
| [19:04] | Mr. Halligan has his friends. | 哈利根先生也有他自己的朋友 | 
| [19:06] | They’re not my friends and I don’t want to see them around. | 他们不是我的朋友 我不想见到他们 | 
| [19:14] | We’d need to deputize some men. | 我们要雇一些人 | 
| [19:19] | Let’s say about 20. | 20个怎么样 | 
| [19:22] | Post them at the train station, the ferries. | 广告张贴在火车站和渡轮里 | 
| [19:25] | Regular checks at the hotels. | 定期去酒店检查 | 
| [19:28] | Anyone we don’t like the look of, | 看谁不顺眼 | 
| [19:30] | see ’em off. | 就送他们走 | 
| [19:34] | Just enforcing the vagrancy laws. | 执行《流浪者法案》 | 
| [19:37] | Nothing illegal about it. | 没什么不合法的 | 
| [19:43] | That’s one order of business. | 这是办法之一 | 
| [19:45] | What’s the other? | 还有什么办法 | 
| [19:49] | Let’s you and I discuss that. | 这得我们两人讨论了 | 
| [19:52] | Wait out on the porch. | 去走廊里等着 | 
| [20:01] | How’s he getting along? | 他干的怎么样 | 
| [20:03] | He’s a good boy. Works hard. | 他是个好孩子 工作很努力 | 
| [20:05] | Keeps his mouth shut. | 口风很紧 | 
| [20:07] | A bit of a mooncalf to me. | 我觉得他有点傻 | 
| [20:09] | What’s the task at hand? | 现在要做什么 | 
| [20:11] | Keeping this town in the hands of those who own it. | 把这座城攥在手心里 | 
| [20:24] | Make new friends. Eli. | 交新朋友 伊莱 | 
| [20:30] | Huh? Yeah, very catchy. | 挺好 很上口 | 
| [20:33] | And very appropriate. | 还很得体 | 
| [20:35] | You think so? | 你这么觉得 | 
| [20:36] | I can play “Greensleeves,” too. | 我还会吹《绿袖子》 | 
| [20:38] | The supper will be getting cold. | 晚饭要凉了 | 
| [20:47] | Chester, that would sound better much further away. | 彻斯特 在远处吹更好听 | 
| [20:57] | Luciano doesn’t know your name. | 卢西亚诺不知道你的名字 | 
| [20:58] | Let him say what he wants. He can’t prove anything. | 他爱怎么说怎么说 又没证据 | 
| [21:01] | That didn’t stop Capone from sticking a gun in my mouth. | 卡彭还不是照样把枪往我嘴里塞 | 
| [21:04] | Yeah, well, that’s just poor leadership. | 那只能说他领导不力 | 
| [21:07] | You think you won’t be implicated? | 你以为你不会受牵连吗 | 
| [21:09] | You know all about me. He’ll go to work on you. | 你知道我的底细 他会对你旁敲侧击 | 
| [21:11] | – You’ll fold. – Hey, whoa, where do you get off saying– | -你肯定会招的 -你这是什么意思 | 
| [21:14] | You’ll fold and it won’t help either of us. Think about that. | 你一招 我们俩谁都保不住 好好想想 | 
| [21:19] | Then what do you want to do? | 那你想怎样 | 
| [21:21] | I, for one, refuse to be ruled by fear. | 我不能再被恐惧控制了 | 
| [21:23] | – Husband. – Coming, dear. | -老公 -来了 亲爱的 | 
| [21:29] | Well, I’d just like to say how pleased we both are | 我想想说我们俩都高兴 | 
| [21:32] | to have been invited to your home. | 能受邀来到你们家 | 
| [21:34] | Eli tells me you’re a wonderful cook. | 伊莱跟我说你厨艺一流 | 
| [21:37] | What else would he say? | 他还说什么了 | 
| [21:40] | Smells delicious, doesn’t it? | 闻起来真香 是不是 | 
| [21:43] | The baby, you wish it will be what? | 宝宝 你觉得会是什么 | 
| [21:46] | A boy? | 男孩吗 | 
| [21:47] | Well, we have four of each, so… | 我们男女都有四个了 | 
| [21:49] | we do need a tiebreaker. | 得来一个打破僵局 | 
| [21:51] | Though either, truly, is a blessing. | 不过不论怎样 都很幸福 | 
| [21:53] | As we well know ourselves, don’t we, dear? | 这点我们也同意 是吗 亲爱的 | 
| [21:56] | What is it we know? | 同意什么 | 
| [21:58] | That boys and girls each add | 男孩女孩都能给一个家庭 | 
| [22:01] | their own magic to a family. | 带来不同的魔法 | 
| [22:03] | Hmm, where do people get these illusions? | 人都是从哪来的这种错觉 | 
| [22:08] | My real mother died. | 我生母死了 | 
| [22:10] | She was a ballerina. | 她是个芭蕾舞者 | 
| [22:14] | Such a charming little bungalow. | 小屋真好看 | 
| [22:16] | George here built it himself. | 乔治自己建的 | 
| [22:19] | – Is that so? – A kit from Sears– | -真的吗 -从希尔斯百货买套工具 | 
| [22:20] | The roof leaks for always. | 屋顶就没哪天不漏过 | 
| [22:23] | Oh, well, maybe Eli can help. He’s very handy. | 那伊莱也许能帮上忙 他手很巧 | 
| [22:27] | This is true? | 是吗 | 
| [22:29] | You come during daytime maybe. | 那你或许能白天来 | 
| [22:31] | When husband is not at home or working, | 等我老公不在家或者外出工作时 | 
| [22:35] | making the pickups. | 过来搭把手 | 
| [22:39] | Sounds like a two-man job to me. | 听起来要两个大男人才能完得成 | 
| [22:41] | Maybe it’s better if I– | 或许我最好还是 | 
| [22:42] | He fixes washing machine and then he breaks it. | 他把洗碗机修好了 然后他又弄坏了 | 
| [22:45] | The belt snapped, dear, on its own accord. | 皮带自己断了 亲爱的 | 
| [22:49] | Only one man is needed. | 只需要一个男人 | 
| [22:53] | The way they make things nowadays, | 现在他们造东西 | 
| [22:55] | such shoddy workmanship. | 太偷工减料了 | 
| [23:02] | May I have the flatbread? | 能把无酵饼给我吗 | 
| [23:21] | Thank you, Mrs. Rothstein. | 谢谢你 罗斯坦夫人 | 
| [23:23] | Mrs. Thompson. | 汤普森夫人 | 
| [23:32] | Old Rumpus Associates? | 喧嚣依旧公司 | 
| [23:34] | It’s a holding company incorporated in New Jersey. | 是在新泽西的一家控股公司 | 
| [23:38] | Funds from an out-of-state bank will take longer to clear. | 从外地银行流入的资金要很久才能核实 | 
| [23:40] | Considering the unusual nature of the settlement, | 考虑到这项协议的特殊性 | 
| [23:43] | I’d like to make sure the money’s in place first. | 我希望资金能先到位 | 
| [23:46] | No. | 不行 | 
| [23:49] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 | 
| [23:49] | I said no. | 我说不行 | 
| [23:51] | This is the deal. The only deal. | 就是这个方案 唯一的方案 | 
| [23:54] | In order to protect my client’s interests– | 为了保障我客户的利益 | 
| [23:56] | Give me that. | 给我 | 
| [23:59] | We appreciate your discretion | 我们很感谢你 | 
| [24:01] | in this rather unfortunate incident. | 在这起意外事件上的小心谨慎 | 
| [24:05] | You’re right where you belong, aren’t you? | 你一直在属于你的地方 不是吗 | 
| [24:07] | Perhaps I am. | 或许吧 | 
| [24:09] | Let me see you out. | 我送你出去 | 
| [24:27] | You’ve been married this whole time? | 你这段时间一直都是已婚吗 | 
| [24:29] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [24:30] | You routinely associate with criminals? | 经常跟罪犯们打交道 | 
| [24:33] | So it would seem. | 没错 | 
| [24:34] | And now I’m involved as well. | 现在我也卷进去了 | 
| [24:37] | Obviously. | 显而易见 | 
| [24:42] | Will I have the privilege of thanking your husband personally? | 我能当面感谢你丈夫吗 | 
| [24:45] | He does nothing from the goodness of his heart, sir. | 他做好事也不是出于善心 先生 | 
| [24:48] | You should know that from the outset. | 你从一开始就得知道 | 
| [24:50] | Well, what does he have in mind? | 他在盘算什么 | 
| [24:51] | It’s not always easy to tell. | 很难说 | 
| [24:54] | But you can begin by setting up an account for him. | 但你可以开始着手给他开户了 | 
| [24:57] | Under an assumed name. | 用假名 | 
| [24:58] | For what purpose, exactly? | 具体是什么目的呢 | 
| [25:00] | To set about shorting the stock of the Mayflower Grain Corporation. | 做空五月花粮食集团的股票 | 
| [25:16] | I rode the rails. | 有一回我坐火车 | 
| [25:18] | Back in ’09. | 1909年的时候 | 
| [25:21] | Reading to Buffalo. | 准备去水牛城 | 
| [25:26] | Mighty frigid up there. | 那特别冷 | 
| [25:28] | Not the weather, the broads. | 我说的不是天气 而是那的女人 | 
| [25:39] | See who it is. | 去看看是谁 | 
| [25:51] | I hear you can tune a piano, | 我听说你能调钢琴 | 
| [25:53] | but can you tune a fish? | 不过你能调鱼吗 | 
| [25:57] | – Tuna– – He’s looking for somebody. | -就是钓鱼啦 -他来找人 | 
| [26:00] | Gavin Lynnquist. United States Marshal. | 加文·林奎斯特 联邦法警 | 
| [26:05] | – You were here last week. – And you weren’t. | -你上礼拜就来了 -那时候你不在 | 
| [26:09] | I’m looking for the previous owner, Albert White. | 我要找之前的老板 阿尔伯特·怀特 | 
| [26:13] | Colored fella, goes by Chalky. | 黑人 人称朝琪 | 
| [26:15] | What’d he do? | 他干了什么 | 
| [26:18] | He has a noticeable scar across his face. | 他脸上有一道很明显的疤 | 
| [26:20] | Let me guess. He swiped a watermelon. | 让我猜猜 他是不是偷了个西瓜 | 
| [26:25] | Killed a prison guard at a work farm in Maryland. | 他在马里兰的劳教农场杀了个狱警 | 
| [26:28] | Also the convict he escaped with. | 然后还跟人越狱了 | 
| [26:31] | See? I knew there was trouble behind those eyes. | 看到没 我就知道他早晚得惹事 | 
| [26:35] | Mr. White is a known fugitive. | 怀特先生是个臭名昭著的逃犯 | 
| [26:39] | You could be charged with aiding and abetting | 如果你们窝藏罪犯 会被判 | 
| [26:40] | if you harbor a criminal. | 协助以及教唆罪犯 | 
| [26:42] | And if I turn him over? | 如果我把他交出来呢 | 
| [26:43] | Well, then you have nothing to fear. | 那你没什么好害怕的 | 
| [26:45] | May even be a reward. | 说不能还能得到奖励 | 
| [26:49] | I’m gonna hold you to that. | 这句我记住了 | 
| [26:53] | Come on. | 来吧 | 
| [26:58] | – Right there. – Albert White. | -就在那 -阿尔伯特·怀特 | 
| [27:01] | Put down the knife and raise your hands. | 放下刀 举起手来 | 
| [27:04] | You! Albert White! | 就是你 阿尔伯特·怀特 | 
| [27:07] | Put down the knife or I’ll shoot. | 放下刀 不然我开枪了 | 
| [27:10] | Hands above your head. | 把手举过头顶 | 
| [27:12] | Turn around slow now. | 现在慢慢转过来 | 
| [27:19] | Name’s Jenkins, sir. | 我叫詹金斯 长官 | 
| [27:23] | That’s not him. | 那不是他 | 
| [27:24] | – A scar, you said. – That isn’t him. | -你不是说有道疤吗 -那不是他 | 
| [27:27] | One coon’s good as another is what I always say. | 我老觉得黑鬼长得都差不多 | 
| [27:35] | Come back anytime now. | 随时来玩啊 | 
| [27:44] | Oh, there you are. | 你在这啊 | 
| [27:52] | – Let me get that. – It’s a woman’s work. | -我来吧 -这是女人家的活 | 
| [27:54] | I’m gonna stand on ceremony in your condition? | 你都这样了 活还是我干吧 | 
| [27:57] | The boys will do it. Come on, George. | 孩子们能代劳的 来吧 乔治 | 
| [27:59] | Very well. | 好样的 | 
| [28:02] | Relax. Listen to the radio. | 放松点 听广播吧 | 
| [28:03] | It’s almost time for Rudy Vallee. | 鲁迪·瓦利的时间到了 | 
| [28:05] | My Kathleen adores him. | 我们家凯瑟琳很崇拜他 | 
| [28:07] | I have an idea. Can we play it, Mother? | 我有个主意 我们能放吗 妈妈 | 
| [28:11] | Play what? | 放什么 | 
| [28:12] | The record. | 那张唱片啊 | 
| [28:13] | I am tired of the record. | 我已经听腻了那张唱片了 | 
| [28:15] | Please, please, please. | 求你了 求你了 | 
| [28:18] | Have your childish pleasure. | 随你怎么玩吧 | 
| [28:33] | Let’s just take it one step at a time… | 在你把自己逼进墙角之前 | 
| [28:35] | I am not running anymore. | 我再也不逃避了 | 
| [28:37] | before you box yourself into a corner. | 咱们得一步一步来 | 
| [28:38] | I’m not running. | 我不逃避 | 
| [28:40] | It’s rattling around in his head. He’s not gonna let it go. | 他满脑子都是那个 不会轻易罢休的 | 
| [28:42] | – I am not running. – You can’t just keep– | -我不会逃避 -你不能就这么… | 
| [28:47] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 | 
| [29:05] | We are alone. | 我们很孤单 | 
| [29:08] | We are all alone. | 我们都很孤单 | 
| [29:49] | – What happened? – I don’t know. | -怎么了 -我也不知道 | 
| [29:51] | Eli, what’s wrong? | 伊莱 怎么了 | 
| [29:53] | Nothing. | 没什么 | 
| [29:54] | – Let me clean this up. – I’ll get it. | -我来清理一下 -我来吧 | 
| [29:57] | I just– | 我只是 | 
| [29:59] | You remember now? | 你现在记起来了吗 | 
| [30:01] | Remember what? | 记起来什么 | 
| [30:04] | Oh, Jesus. | 上帝啊 | 
| [30:08] | Will someone tell me what’s going on? | 有人能告诉我发生什么事了吗 | 
| [30:11] | You lie to yourself. | 你对你自己撒谎 | 
| [30:14] | – Excuse me? – Okay, look, we need– | -你说什么 -听着 我们得… | 
| [30:15] | – Who are you to say anything about lying? – We got to go. | -你算哪根葱 什么撒谎 -我们要走了 | 
| [30:18] | You lie. You lie. You lie. | 你撒谎 你撒谎 你撒谎 | 
| [30:21] | But I will tell the truth. | 不过我会说出真相 | 
| [30:24] | Your man and me, | 你男人和我 | 
| [30:26] | we fuck. | 操过 | 
| [30:28] | You see, in the kitchen on the chair. | 在厨房的椅子上 | 
| [30:30] | Fucked and fucked and fucked. | 操了一遍又一遍 | 
| [30:32] | When husband is at work making the collections. | 那时候我丈夫在工作 去收钱 | 
| [30:37] | What? | 什么 | 
| [30:39] | June… | 琼 | 
| [30:40] | – Daddy! – Abigail, go to your room. | -爸比 -阿比盖尔 回你房间去 | 
| [30:41] | She said bad words. | 她说脏话了 | 
| [30:46] | I will answer it. | 我去开门 | 
| [30:49] | That woman– | 那女人 | 
| [30:51] | You need me here? | 你说你需要我 | 
| [30:57] | Let’s take a ride. | 咱们出去走走 | 
| [31:01] | – This isn’t a good time. – We got to talk… | -现在不是好时候 -我们得谈谈 | 
| [31:06] | Nelson. | 尼尔森 | 
| [31:09] | You, too… | 你也是 | 
| [31:11] | Sheriff Thompson. | 汤普森治安官 | 
| [31:29] | Blubber! | 吓死你 | 
| [31:35] | Blubber! | 吓死你 | 
| [31:39] | Blubber! | 吓死你 | 
| [32:20] | Dr. Cotton? | 科顿医生 | 
| [32:24] | What did he do to you? | 他对你做了什么 | 
| [32:37] | Butterscotch Krimpet. | 奶油小饼干 | 
| [32:40] | I saved it for you. | 我专门为你留的 | 
| [32:47] | Is it your mouth? | 是你的嘴巴吗 | 
| [32:49] | Did he… | 他是不是 | 
| [32:53] | The sickness was someplace else. | 伤在别的地方 | 
| [33:19] | They’ve given me a first grade class. | 校方把一年级的孩子委派给我 | 
| [33:21] | It’s just what I’ve asked for. | 真是太合我意了 | 
| [33:23] | They can be an unruly lot. | 这么小的孩子可难管教 | 
| [33:25] | No, they’re the perfect age. | 恰恰相反 他们这个年纪正好 | 
| [33:27] | Just hungry to learn everything. | 不但对知识如饥似渴 | 
| [33:29] | And free from old prejudice. | 而且心中没有任何偏见 | 
| [33:32] | What is lacking among the schoolchildren in Camden? | 卡姆登的学生们是不是少根筋 | 
| [33:37] | You said you wished for me to choose my own path. | 你说过你希望我能走自己选择的道路 | 
| [33:40] | Did I? | 有么 | 
| [33:41] | This town is set to be a comer, Mr. Jeffries. | 这座城市正在发展 杰弗里斯先生 | 
| [33:43] | Good place to stake your claim. | 是个投资的好地方 | 
| [33:45] | In all your vast experience? | 以你的阅历判断吗 | 
| [33:47] | Well, yes. If you don’t mind my saying so. | 如果您不介意的话 是的 | 
| [33:52] | I think it’s a young person’s duty | 我认为尽可能地抓住机会 | 
| [33:54] | to go where opportunity most presents itself. | 正是年轻人应该做的 | 
| [33:56] | Why aren’t you heading off to the Klondike? | 那你为什么不去克朗代克淘金呢 | 
| [33:58] | Enoch isn’t going to the Klondike, Father. That’s absurd. | 伊诺克才不会去克朗代克 父亲 这太荒谬了 | 
| [34:01] | I’d go if that’s where ambition led. | 若是有此志向 去也无妨 | 
| [34:02] | I won’t allow that. | 我不允许 | 
| [34:04] | There’s nothing but rough men and bear grease. | 那儿除了粗人和熊脂之外什么都没有 | 
| [34:07] | There’s riches to be found right here. | 财富近在眼前 | 
| [34:10] | Atlantic City has doubled in size over the last decade. | 过去十年 大西洋城的面积翻了一番 | 
| [34:14] | 10,000 tourists coming in every day when the season’s on. | 旅游旺季时 每天都有一万名游客 | 
| [34:17] | He’s going to mine people instead of gold. That’s much easier. | 他可是在从人身上掘金 这可轻松多了 | 
| [34:21] | From bellboy to deputy sheriff. | 小门童晋升到副治安官 不简单啊 | 
| [34:24] | Every story has a beginning, sir. | 人都有起步的地方 先生 | 
| [34:28] | I have a mission for you. | 我有件事委托你 | 
| [34:30] | Seek out and purchase me a pack of Fatima’s. | 替我买包法蒂玛香烟回来 | 
| [34:35] | You wish me to be absent. | 你这是想支开我 | 
| [34:37] | I wish for a pack of Fatima’s. | 我想要包法蒂玛香烟 | 
| [34:40] | May I smoke one? | 我能抽一根吗 | 
| [34:42] | I’ll whip you if you do. | 你敢抽它 我就抽你 | 
| [34:45] | You’re completely monstrous. | 你可真是不可理喻 | 
| [34:52] | Be steadfast. | 稳住了 | 
| [35:05] | Mr. Jeffries– | 杰弗里斯先生 | 
| [35:06] | I’ll talk and then you can say what you want. | 先让我把话说完 你再说什么都行 | 
| [35:10] | Now, I’ve never denied Mabel anything | 我从未拒绝过梅布尔任何事 | 
| [35:13] | because I knew it was pointless. | 因为我知道说了也白说 | 
| [35:15] | She is quite willful. | 她相当固执 | 
| [35:18] | I don’t know what she sees in you, | 话虽无意冒犯 | 
| [35:20] | and I say that with no intent to offend. | 可我不知道她是哪点看上你了 | 
| [35:22] | You seem diligent and earnest | 你看上去勤奋而认真 | 
| [35:25] | and you have certainly demonstrated persistence. | 看得出来也很有毅力 | 
| [35:29] | I should admire those qualities, | 我本该欣赏这些品行 | 
| [35:30] | but somehow I don’t. | 可是却没有 | 
| [35:34] | I wouldn’t expect you to. | 我也没指望 | 
| [35:37] | Why is that? | 怎么说 | 
| [35:38] | We’re fighting over the same thing. | 我们在争取同一件事 | 
| [35:41] | One of us is bound to lose. | 总有一个人要输 | 
| [35:46] | I mean to marry Mabel. | 我要娶梅布尔 | 
| [35:49] | I mean to provide for her | 我要养活她 | 
| [35:51] | and the family we’ll raise together. | 以及今后我们一家人 | 
| [35:53] | How? | 怎么养活 | 
| [35:55] | By getting myself ahead. | 出人头地 | 
| [35:58] | Prove it. | 证明你说的话 | 
| [36:00] | I can’t prove it to you sitting here. | 我坐在这里可证明不了 | 
| [36:02] | Prove it to yourself. | 向你自己证明 | 
| [36:04] | I don’t have to prove what I already know. | 知道的事情还有什么好证明的呢 | 
| [36:07] | I don’t think you do know. | 怕是你并不知道吧 | 
| [36:10] | Oh, I think you talk a bold line. | 你豪言壮语说了不少 | 
| [36:12] | I think you have a nose for | 你知道怎么揣测 | 
| [36:14] | figuring out what people would like to hear, | 别人想听的话 | 
| [36:18] | but I don’t think you know what you are. | 但我觉得你不了解自己 | 
| [36:22] | Well, sir, I suppose we’ll both find that out. | 先生 我想时间会给我们答案的 | 
| [36:33] | I smoked one anyway. | 我就是抽了一根 | 
| [36:36] | I expected nothing less. | 真是我的好姑娘 | 
| [36:59] | It’s bold. | 酒劲挺大 | 
| [37:00] | And you, Mr. Thompson, you are bold. | 你也是 汤普森先生 你的胆子也挺大 | 
| [37:03] | Enough to come here and stand before me now. | 有胆识到这里面对我 | 
| [37:06] | Then we’re not waiting for Mr. Torrio? | 这么说我们不等托里奥先生了吗 | 
| [37:14] | When are you going to get rid of Charlie Luciano? | 你什么时候做掉查理·卢西亚诺 | 
| [37:18] | He disappoints me. | 他令我失望 | 
| [37:20] | That is true. | 这点不假 | 
| [37:21] | He’ll come for me again | 他还会对我下手 | 
| [37:22] | and then he’ll come for you. | 而接下来就是你了 | 
| [37:24] | When one sits on the throne, that is to be expected. | 身居高位 这类事可想而知 | 
| [37:28] | I do not take such things personally. | 我并不因为这种事记仇 | 
| [37:32] | What’s more personal than a man trying to kill you? | 他想杀了你 怎么能不记仇 | 
| [37:35] | Fides. Trust. | 信任 | 
| [37:37] | Loyalty. | 忠诚 | 
| [37:38] | The foundation of the Roman Empire. | 这些是罗马帝国的根基 | 
| [37:40] | Didn’t Caesar get a knife in the back? | 凯撒不就是被暗杀的吗 | 
| [37:44] | Still, I prefer to deal only with Italians. | 即便如此 我仍只愿同意大利人来往 | 
| [37:48] | Where does that leave me? | 那我怎么办 | 
| [37:50] | You are Malta. | 你就像马耳他 | 
| [37:52] | An island unto yourself. | 地方自治 | 
| [37:55] | Loyal to Rome, but exempt from Roman law. | 忠于罗马 然而不受罗马法律制约 | 
| [37:58] | And Roman tribute as well? | 这么说还得向罗马进贡了 | 
| [38:02] | Mr. Torrio assures me that you’re a man | 托里奥先生向我保证你是个 | 
| [38:04] | who knows how to return a favor. | 懂得知恩图报的人 | 
| [38:08] | But we can hear it from him. | 来听他说说吧 | 
| [38:11] | Abajo! | 趴下 | 
| [38:20] | Get out of my way! | 滚开 | 
| [38:52] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 | 
| [39:00] | Sorry to disturb. | 抱歉打扰了 | 
| [39:01] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 | 
| [39:03] | No, ma’am. Just county business. | 没有 夫人 郡内事务而已 | 
| [39:06] | Come sit down. | 进来坐下吧 | 
| [39:07] | It’s all right. | 没事 | 
| [39:10] | How’s Ruth? | 露丝还好吗 | 
| [39:11] | Back on her feet. Baby’s thriving. | 恢复过来了 孩子很健康 | 
| [39:14] | Glad to hear it. | 真替您高兴 | 
| [39:29] | Well? | 说吧 | 
| [39:32] | The jobs you do | 你为准将 | 
| [39:34] | for the Commodore… | 做的事 | 
| [39:35] | What jobs are those? | 你说的是什么事 | 
| [39:37] | That have their own rules. | 它有自己的一套法则 | 
| [39:40] | I could help with those. | 我可以帮你 | 
| [39:41] | No one asked you to. | 没人要你帮 | 
| [39:43] | I’m offering now. | 我现在主动提供帮助 | 
| [39:45] | That’s not how it works. | 这事不是这么办的 | 
| [39:50] | Go home. | 回家吧 | 
| [39:52] | It’s late. | 很晚了 | 
| [39:55] | We’ll talk about it some other time. | 我们改天再谈 | 
| [40:10] | I do appreciate you taking the time for me, Dr. Cotton. | 我很感激您抽时间见我 科顿医生 | 
| [40:15] | I know how burdened you are. | 我知道你工作负担很大 | 
| [40:18] | What an awful lot of responsibility. | 您肩上的担子真重 | 
| [40:22] | I don’t regard it a burden. | 我不觉得那是负担 | 
| [40:25] | A chance to help those unable to help themselves. | 这是给我机会帮助那些不能帮助自己的人 | 
| [40:30] | And I wanted to tell you personally | 我想要来当面告诉你 | 
| [40:34] | that I’ve made a full recovery. | 我已经痊愈了 | 
| [40:38] | You have? When? | 是吗 什么时候 | 
| [40:41] | There wasn’t an exact moment. | 也没有什么确切的时间 | 
| [40:45] | But I’m seeing clearly now. | 但我现在能看清了 | 
| [40:49] | Thinking clearly. | 可以清晰地思考 | 
| [40:51] | What is it you want? | 你想要做什么 | 
| [40:53] | I’m sure there are formalities to observe, | 我知道观察需要一定的程序 | 
| [40:56] | but I’d like to start the process. | 但我想要从现在开始 | 
| [40:59] | Which process is that? | 开始什么 | 
| [41:00] | The process of being released. | 出院的程序 | 
| [41:06] | Why were you brought to us? | 你为什么被带到我们这里呢 | 
| [41:11] | I took someone’s life… | 我因为过度悲伤 | 
| [41:15] | in a state of temporary insanity | 暂时性精神错乱 | 
| [41:19] | out of grief. | 杀了一个人 | 
| [41:22] | You know you were ill? | 你知道你当时生病了吗 | 
| [41:25] | I do. | 我知道 | 
| [41:26] | And now you know you’re not? | 现在你确定你没生病吗 | 
| [41:29] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [41:31] | How? | 怎么知道的 | 
| [41:34] | How do you know what you are? | 你怎么知道你的病情的呢 | 
| [41:39] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的 | 
| [41:44] | The concept of temporary insanity is troublesome. | 暂时性精神错乱的定义很难讲 | 
| [41:47] | Some might say convenient for the afflicted. | 有人觉得这对病人有利 | 
| [41:51] | Rational before the act, | 在杀人之前是清醒的 | 
| [41:53] | rational after, | 之后也是清醒的 | 
| [41:55] | but in that one instance– | 但就在杀人那段时间 | 
| [41:57] | It was the jury’s decision. | 这是由陪审团决定的 | 
| [42:02] | Where does insanity go? | 那神智去哪了呢 | 
| [42:05] | Malaria, syphilis, tuberculosis, | 疟疾 梅毒 肺结核 | 
| [42:08] | these linger in the tissues. | 这些病都会留在人体的组织里 | 
| [42:11] | They hide from sight only to reemerge. | 它们藏起来就是为了再次令人发病 | 
| [42:14] | They are in the body forever | 除非把它们彻底根除 | 
| [42:16] | unless they’re rooted out. | 它们会一直留在人体里 | 
| [42:19] | I’m better. | 我变好了 | 
| [42:22] | I’ve been helped. | 我受到了帮助 | 
| [42:25] | I’m grateful. | 我对此很感激 | 
| [42:27] | But are you cured? | 但你痊愈了吗 | 
| [42:30] | Are you cured? | 你痊愈了吗 | 
| [42:33] | We’ll find what’s inside you. | 我们要找出你身体里的病 | 
| [42:36] | We’ll fix it. | 我们会治好它 | 
| [42:39] | You don’t need to worry about that. | 你不必担心 | 
| [42:54] | Could you not do that? | 你能不这么做吗 | 
| [42:57] | Do what? | 做什么 | 
| [42:59] | Stare at me. | 一直盯着我 | 
| [43:01] | Am I making you uncomfortable? | 我让你不自在了吗 | 
| [43:05] | The event you’re thinking about… | 你想的那事 | 
| [43:11] | That was an accident. | 那是个意外 | 
| [43:14] | Plain and simple. | 仅此而已 | 
| [43:17] | You mean like a streetcar hitting a horse? | 就像有轨电车撞了匹马吗 | 
| [43:21] | A man getting his head crushed in a metal press? | 某个人被金属挤压机挤碎了脑袋吗 | 
| [43:25] | A gas explosion | 像瓦斯爆炸 | 
| [43:27] | in which bystanders | 把旁观者 | 
| [43:29] | are literally torn limb from limb? | 炸得粉身碎骨吗 | 
| [43:33] | That’s what your having sexual relations | 这些事情和你跟我老婆 | 
| [43:36] | with my wife was like? | 上床像吗 | 
| [43:39] | Look… | 听着 | 
| [43:42] | I don’t know about you, but… | 我不知道你 但是 | 
| [43:46] | my life is a fucking shipwreck. | 我的人生就像海难一样糟糕 | 
| [43:49] | Well, land ho. | 这不上岸了吗 | 
| [44:21] | Put that away. | 收起来 | 
| [44:23] | We need you sober. | 我们需要你保持清醒 | 
| [44:29] | The prohibition officer you drowned, | 你淹死的禁酒探员 | 
| [44:31] | the justice investigator you shot | 你逃脱时打伤的 | 
| [44:33] | while fleeing custody. | 司法调查官 | 
| [44:34] | And a lot more I’m guessing won’t be hard to find. | 估计你还伤过好多人 | 
| [44:37] | Special Agent James M. Tolliver. | 特别探员詹姆斯·M·托利弗 | 
| [44:39] | Killed in the line of duty. | 执行任务时被杀 | 
| [44:40] | I don’t know who that is. | 我不知道那是谁 | 
| [44:41] | That’s funny. We found his teeth all over your living room. | 真搞笑 我们在你的客厅发现了他的牙齿 | 
| [44:45] | Some colored broke in. | 有个黑人闯进来过 | 
| [44:47] | He the one knocked up your wife? | 把你老婆肚子搞大的人吗 | 
| [44:50] | Nobody cares about your problems. | 没人在乎你的问题 | 
| [44:53] | End of the road, gentlemen. | 到此为止了 先生们 | 
| [44:56] | You can cooperate with us… | 你们可以跟我们合作 | 
| [44:57] | or you can see how things look from inside the gas chamber. | 不然就进审讯室里吧 | 
| [45:06] | What do you want us to do? | 你们想让我们做什么 | 
| [45:10] | There isn’t a court in Cook County | 库克郡没有一个法庭 | 
| [45:11] | that would put Alphonse Capone in jail. | 会判阿尔方斯·卡彭入狱 | 
| [45:14] | They’re all in his pocket. | 他们都是他的人 | 
| [45:16] | But he can’t fight the Bureau of Internal Revenue. | 但是他没法和国税局作对 | 
| [45:18] | We’re making a case for tax evasion. | 我们准备告他逃税 | 
| [45:23] | You think this is a joke? | 你觉得我们在开玩笑吗 | 
| [45:25] | No. | 不 | 
| [45:27] | Not with all the penalties and interest. | 罚金和利息可不是闹着玩的 | 
| [45:29] | He has to report the money, legal or not, otherwise… | 他必须上报收入 无论是否合法 否则 | 
| [45:32] | Five years in a federal penitentiary, minimum. | 至少要在联邦监狱蹲五年 | 
| [45:34] | If we can prove the income. | 只要我们能找到证据 | 
| [45:41] | Key to the count room. | 这是财务室的钥匙 | 
| [45:47] | Combination to the safe. | 保险箱的密码 | 
| [45:49] | We need the ledger books. | 我们要总账账簿 | 
| [45:50] | You’re gonna get them for us. | 你们得帮我们拿到手 | 
| [45:52] | Why don’t you do it yourself? | 你怎么不自己去 | 
| [45:54] | Because we’re the expendable ones. | 因为我们是无名小卒 | 
| [45:57] | Capone’s out all night | 卡彭整晚都不在 | 
| [45:59] | showing some Hollywood types around. | 他正陪几个好莱坞明星逛 | 
| [46:01] | Skeleton crew at the Lex, | 骨干们都在莱克星顿酒店 | 
| [46:03] | so it’s as easy as it’s ever going to be. | 因此现在正是最佳时机 | 
| [46:05] | You’re making a drop-off. | 你们去上交收入 | 
| [46:07] | – Excess cash. – Then what? | -额外收入 -然后呢 | 
| [46:10] | Do what you need to. | 见机行事 | 
| [46:11] | But you’re getting those books tonight. | 但必须在今晚拿到账簿 | 
| [46:14] | And he goes to jail? | 然后他就会进监狱 | 
| [46:16] | He certainly won’t otherwise. | 拿不到他自然不会进去 | 
| [46:18] | You both wore badges. | 你们做过执法人员 | 
| [46:20] | Here’s your chance to earn them. | 现在是时候履行你们的职责了 | 
| [46:25] | Those ledgers are written in code. | 那些账本都是用密码写的 | 
| [46:28] | Yeah, well, you met Ries. | 没错 你们见过里斯 | 
| [46:31] | Fella who keeps the books. | 保管账簿的家伙 | 
| [46:32] | He’s screwy about bugs. | 他特别害怕虫子 | 
| [46:33] | Right. | 没错 | 
| [46:36] | He’s agreed to cooperate. | 他已经同意和我们合作了 | 
| [46:44] | Haven’t you? | 对吗 | 
| [46:47] | Get them off of me! Get them off of me! | 把它们弄走 快把它们弄走 | 
| [46:54] | It’s a fucking slaughterhouse. | 简直是屠杀 | 
| [46:57] | The bulls roped off the entire block. | 警察封锁了整片街区 | 
| [46:59] | There’s no telling who’s dead and who’s alive. | 没法知道究竟谁死了谁活着 | 
| [47:02] | Who were the shooters? | 枪手是谁 | 
| [47:06] | Better you don’t know. Keep out of it. | 你最好还是不要知道 置身事外 | 
| [47:09] | Well, I’m involved now, ain’t I? | 我现在可没法置身事外了 | 
| [47:11] | We’re grateful for everything you done. | 我们对你的帮助非常感谢 | 
| [47:14] | Your advice, your counsel. | 包括你的建议和忠告 | 
| [47:16] | And as the syndicate moves forward, | 随着组织的不断发展 | 
| [47:19] | it’ll only get stronger. | 它只会越来越强大 | 
| [47:20] | And your involvement will be an important part– | 你的帮助将会在其中起到重要作用 | 
| [47:26] | Yeah? | 喂 | 
| [47:27] | We waited for you, John. | 我们一直在等你 约翰 | 
| [47:31] | For quite some time. | 等了很长时间 | 
| [47:34] | Nucky? | 努基 | 
| [47:39] | I called. Didn’t you get the message? | 我打过电话了 你没收到留言吗 | 
| [47:42] | Actually, I did. | 我收到了 | 
| [47:45] | And now I have a message for you | 现在我有条留言给你 | 
| [47:47] | and the two pissants you’re in league with. | 还有和你狼狈为奸的两个混蛋 | 
| [47:51] | I will not rest | 不让你们见棺材 | 
| [47:52] | until I see you in your graves. | 我誓不罢休 | 
| [48:07] | Are you gonna do your job or what? | 你到底要不要履行自己的职责 | 
| [48:09] | I pay taxes like anybody. | 我也和其他人一样交税 | 
| [48:12] | You tell the sheriff that. | 你去告诉治安官 | 
| [48:15] | He needs to come sort out doings here. | 他得想办法来解决这种事 | 
| [48:19] | I don’t feel safe in my own bed anymore. | 我躺在自己的床上都睡不安稳 | 
| [48:24] | The things that go on at night. | 晚上这里发生的事 | 
| [48:26] | You can hear them. | 你都听得到 | 
| [48:28] | You can hear the– | 你能听到… | 
| [48:30] | you can hear the souls | 你能听到鬼魂 | 
| [48:33] | all moaning. | 在呜咽 | 
| [49:15] | Bad news, I’m afraid. | 恐怕是坏消息 | 
| [49:18] | I’ve been calling you for days. | 我一整天都在给你打电话 | 
| [49:19] | Inquiries had to be made | 我得想办法打听那些 | 
| [49:21] | about something they say did not occur. | 他们拒不承认的事情 | 
| [49:23] | Just tell me. | 直说吧 | 
| [49:25] | Miss Wheet was detained at the roadblock outside Havana | 宵禁以后 维特小姐在哈瓦那郊外的路障 | 
| [49:28] | after curfew. | 被扣留了 | 
| [49:29] | There was a dispute with the soldiers. | 她和士兵起了争执 | 
| [49:32] | She fired a gun. | 她开了枪 | 
| [49:34] | She died on the spot. | 被当场击毙 | 
| [49:38] | I don’t believe it. | 我不相信 | 
| [49:39] | That will not change what happened. | 这无法改变事实 | 
| [49:45] | I want the names of those responsible. | 我要知道当时都有谁 | 
| [49:48] | I’ll pay whatever it costs. | 多少钱我都愿意付 | 
| [49:50] | There are no names, Mr. Thompson. | 他们都是无名小卒 汤普森先生 | 
| [49:55] | Then who will be called to account? | 那究竟谁来负责呢 | 
| [49:59] | No one, I am afraid. | 恐怕没人会负责 | 
| [50:41] | – Sir. – Come to see about a girl. | -先生 -我来找个姑娘 | 
| [50:45] | Then you won’t be disappointed. | 那你一定不会失望的 | 
| [50:49] | Need to pat you down. | 我得搜身检查 | 
| [50:51] | Had a ruckus few nights back. | 前几天出了点乱子 | 
| [50:53] | Fine by me. | 没问题 | 
| [50:56] | Only looking to make one kind of noise. | 我只是来找乐子的 | 
| [51:04] | This way. | 这边走 | 
| [51:08] | First room on the left. | 左手第一间房间 | 
| [51:15] | – Evening, Clarence. – Evening, Mr. Jake. | -晚上好 克拉伦斯 -晚上好 杰克先生 | 
| [51:18] | New rules. | 新规定 | 
| [51:19] | Got a little rough. Got to pat you down. | 有些冒犯 得让我搜身检查 | 
| [51:22] | – Amelia here? – Yeah, Amelia here. | -艾米莉亚在吗 -她在 | 
| [51:25] | Alicia, too. All your favorite girls. | 艾丽西娅也在 都是你喜欢的姑娘 | 
| [51:27] | Sophia as well? | 索菲娅呢 | 
| [51:32] | Hey there, darling. | 你好啊 亲爱的 | 
| [51:38] | – How you doing? – Let me take you upstairs. | -你好吗 -我带你上楼 | 
| [51:43] | – Come on, don’t be shy. – I know you see something. | -来吧 别害羞 -我知道你看到了什么 | 
| [51:46] | Oh, come on back. | 回来吧 | 
| [52:02] | Mama? | 妈妈 |