时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hi, Grandma. | 你好 外婆 |
[00:04] | Why are you at Alex’s house? | 你怎么在Alex家里 |
[00:06] | My mom and I are staying here since the divorce. | 我妈离婚后我们就搬过来住了 |
[00:07] | Valerie got divorced? | Valerie离婚了 |
[00:10] | (Valerie) Laura and I have to go look at houses later this afternoon. | 下午我要和Laura去看房子 |
[00:12] | What’s wrong with my house? | 我房子有问题吗 |
[00:13] | You knew we weren’t gonna live here forever. | 你应该知道我们不会一直住在这吧 |
[00:15] | I do now. | 我现在知道了 |
[00:17] | You fat-shamed a journalist. | 你肥胖羞辱了一个记者 |
[00:18] | The bartender that wrote a blog post | 那个酒保写了一篇博文 |
[00:20] | that got picked up by Jezebel. | 被Jezebel网站收录了 |
[00:23] | (Alex) I’ve just never slept with someone for their personality. | 我只是从没因为一个人的性格而和她们睡 |
[00:25] | Thank you. I learned a lot. | 谢谢你 我学到了很多 |
[00:28] | We should go shooting sometime. | 哪天我们可以一起去拍照 |
[00:29] | Yeah, that would be fun. | 好啊 一定会很有趣 |
[00:31] | I’ve been going through sort of a hard time lately, | 我最近正在经历一段困难时期 |
[00:34] | and I’m– I’m gonna try some new things. | 我会去尝试一些新事物 |
[00:44] | (Laura) “Hi, Valerie. | 你好 Valerie |
[00:46] | “I’m a 47-year-old DILF looking for my MILF. | 我是一个寻找熟女的47岁熟男 |
[00:50] | Kisses and bites, Marky.” | 么么哒 Marky |
[00:52] | – DILF? – Marky? | -熟男 -Marky |
[00:54] | Ooh. | |
[00:56] | Okay, “I regret to report that you are | 这条是“我后悔举报说你 |
[00:58] | “above the maximum standard of attraction. | “的魅力超出了最大标准值 |
[01:01] | “Please delete your account immediately. | “请立即注销你的账号 |
[01:03] | JK, coffee?” | JK 约咖啡吗“ |
[01:04] | Oof. Next. | 下一条 |
[01:06] | [sighs] Okay. | 好的 |
[01:07] | Too sweaty. | 这个太运动型 |
[01:08] | Too smiley. | 这个太逗逼 |
[01:10] | Too goatee-y. | 这个山羊胡太密 |
[01:12] | [phone dings] – Whoa! There you go. | 这个好 |
[01:15] | Oh, oh, come on! | 搞错没有 |
[01:16] | Don’t look at that. | Don’t look at that. 别看 别看 |
[01:18] | Please stop pretending that I haven’t seen | 拜托不要搞得好像我没 |
[01:19] | a dick before. | 见过鸡巴一样 |
[01:20] | Okay, fine, but seriously. | 好吧 不过你有必要在我旁边看吗 |
[01:22] | Looks pretty serious to me. | 看上去像是准备好”上场“了 |
[01:24] | You know what, that’s harassment. | 这算是骚扰了 |
[01:25] | No, it’s the new “hello.” | 明明是新的打招呼方式 |
[01:27] | [phone dings] | |
[01:28] | Oh, Dad’s texting you. | 老爸给你发信息了 |
[01:29] | He says he wants you to call him. | 他说他想让你给他打电话 |
[01:30] | Ugh. | |
[01:32] | I mean, your father and I respect each other very much, | 你爸和我非常尊重对方 |
[01:34] | and I will call him back later. | 我之后会打给他的 |
[01:38] | Nice. | 好 |
[01:39] | [phone dings] | 明天放学后有空去拍照吗 |
[01:49] | Ugh, I mean, it’s inappropriate and sleazy. | 如此低俗不雅 |
[01:52] | It can’t possibly work. | 不可能有效的 |
[01:53] | And yet it somehow does. | 可是它就是有效 |
[01:56] | Shit. | 该死 |
[01:57] | (Laura) What? | (怎么了 |
[02:04] | Valerie. | |
[02:06] | Couldn’t just let me have my divorce on my own, huh? | 就是不能让我独自离婚是吧 |
[02:08] | Everyone needs their mother at a time like this. | 这种时候所有人都需要他们的母亲的 |
[02:11] | So you’ve come for…dinner? | 你是来吃晚饭的吗 |
[02:20] | I’m here as long as you need me. | 你需要我多久我就待多久 |
[02:21] | – Hey, Grandma. – Call me Dawn. | -嘿 外婆 -叫我Dawn |
[02:24] | Call her Grandma. | 叫她外婆 |
[02:29] | It makes me so happy to see you all living together. | 看见你们住在一起我很开心 |
[02:32] | Well, we did it for 18 years back at the house, | 我们以前一起住了18年 |
[02:34] | which you would have noticed if you’d been around. | 你要是在家的话就不会看不到 |
[02:36] | [laughs] I miss your sense of humor. | 好久没感受你的幽默了 |
[02:40] | So Alex tells me you’re dating? | Alex给我说你在约会 |
[02:45] | [grunts] | |
[02:46] | – Hmm? – What are you looking at? | 你在看什么 |
[02:48] | Comments about how I’m unlovable | 关于我不讨人爱 |
[02:50] | and my website’s a scam. | 我的网站是骗局的评论 |
[02:51] | Unlovable? | 不讨人爱 |
[02:52] | – That sounds self-destructive. – It is. | -听着很伤人啊 -确实 |
[02:54] | Then maybe you should stop. | 那也许你该收手 |
[02:57] | It serves a purpose. | 可它是有用的 |
[02:59] | It’s good to get out there. | 出去转转挺好 |
[03:00] | The world is calling. You should answer. | 世界在召唤 你应该有所回应 |
[03:02] | Well, it’s only been a few months, Mom. | 才几个月而已 妈 |
[03:04] | Well, at your age, every month counts. | 以你的年纪 每个月都很重要 |
[03:09] | I smell something like smoke. | 我闻到了烟的味道 |
[03:12] | I don’t smell any– oh, yeah. | 我什么都没闻到 闻到了 |
[03:21] | Why aren’t you stepping in? | 你怎么不帮我 |
[03:22] | It’s kind of fun to watch. | 旁观挺有意思的 |
[03:24] | – Do you hear her? – Yeah. | -你听到她说的了吗 -嗯 |
[03:25] | Do you hear how overjoyed about my divorce she is? | 听到对于我离婚她有多开心吗 |
[03:28] | Of course she is, Val. She gets to act like an expert. | 很正常啊 Val 这样她就能装成专家了 |
[03:30] | Oh, my God, I want to murder her. | 天啊 我想杀了她 |
[03:32] | I do, I want to twist her fucking neck | 真的 我想把她那张自以为是 |
[03:33] | until her smug face pops off. | 的脸给撕下来 |
[03:34] | Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Stop. | 够了 |
[03:35] | – You want her gone? – Yes. | -你想她走吗 -是的 |
[03:37] | Then just let her be right. | 那就迁就着她 |
[03:38] | Whatever she says, you nod and agree. | 不管她说什么 你都点头同意 |
[03:39] | – That’s idiotic. – It’s effective. | -这样太傻逼了 -可很有效 |
[03:41] | You and Grandpa– I mean Charles– | 你和外公 我是说Charles |
[03:45] | – You were never married? – Not officially. | -你们从没结婚 -没有正式结过 |
[03:47] | We never wanted to contractually | 我们从不想以契约的形式 |
[03:48] | own one another. | 占据对方 |
[03:50] | So you were, like, sleeping with other people? | 所以你们也和别人上床吗 |
[03:52] | Naturally. | 当然 |
[03:54] | Let’s practice. Okay? | 我们来演练下 好吗 |
[03:56] | – Alex– – So, Valerie… | |
[03:57] | Global warming is a total hoax, am I right? | 全球变暖就是场骗局 我说得对吗 |
[04:00] | – Alex, stop. – Am I right? | -Alex 别说了 -我说得对吗 |
[04:02] | – Yeah, that sounds right. – Very good. | -嗯 你说得对 -很好 |
[04:04] | Best Clint Eastwood movie, | 克林特·伊斯特伍德最优秀的电影 |
[04:05] | it’s got to be Trouble with the Curve, | 绝对是《曲线难题》 |
[04:07] | don’t you think? | 你说是吗 |
[04:08] | Such a good movie. | 多么精彩的一部电影 |
[04:09] | [sighs] It was a revelation. | 是一部启示录 |
[04:12] | See? You got it. | 瞧 你可以的 |
[04:15] | But you were together? | 但你们还是在一起 |
[04:16] | Until we split up, yes. | 在我们分手前是的 |
[04:18] | And how did Mom and Alex feel about that? | 我妈和Alex对此是怎么看的 |
[04:22] | I never really asked. | 我从没真正地问过 |
[04:25] | But we needed to. It was time. | 但我们不得不分开 到时候了 |
[04:27] | It was organic. We never rushed into things. | 很自然的分手 我们从不草率行事 |
[04:31] | It was like I always told you. | 我一直给你说 |
[04:33] | You were so young when you got married–too young. | 你结婚结得太早了 |
[04:37] | This divorce is giving you a tremendous gift. | 这次离婚对你来说是一个巨大的恩赐 |
[04:42] | Thanks, divorce. | 谢谢你 离婚 |
[04:48] | [sighs] I need to vent. | 我要倒苦水 |
[04:51] | – Do you have a sec? – Mm… | 你有空吗 |
[04:52] | – ‘Cause I need– – Um… | 因为我需要 |
[04:53] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:55] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:03] | Okay, you can’t just show up here. | 你不能就这么过来 |
[05:05] | You won’t return my texts. | 你不回我的短信 |
[05:08] | If you want to meet, you have to go | 如果你想见面 你得 |
[05:09] | through the lawyers. | 先找律师 |
[05:10] | Is that really where we are? | 我们现在的关系真的到了这地步吗 |
[05:12] | What do you need now? | 你想要什么 |
[05:13] | It’s time to sell the house. | 是时候卖掉房子了 |
[05:15] | Not yet. | 还不是时候 |
[05:17] | (Drew) When? | 那要什么时候 |
[05:18] | When I’m ready. | 等我准备好 |
[05:19] | You don’t get to control everything. | 你不能掌控着一切 |
[05:21] | – You left. – [scoffs] | 是你离开的 |
[05:22] | You’re the one who said, “I never want to step foot | 是你说“我再也不想 |
[05:25] | in that house again,” remember? | 踏进这座房子”的 记得吗 |
[05:26] | [cell phone chiming] – Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[05:27] | I remember. | I remember. 我记得 我记得 |
[05:29] | Doesn’t mean I’m ready to sell it, though. | 可不代表我准备好卖掉它 |
[05:31] | I can box things up for you. | 我可以把东西打包给你 |
[05:32] | The leather bar stools, | 皮质酒吧凳 |
[05:34] | the doorknobs that you got in Big Sur. | 还有你在大瑟尔买的门把手 |
[05:37] | – Ugh. – What? | 什么 |
[05:38] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[05:40] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[05:41] | Until we reach an agreement, that house–it’s 50% mine, | 在我们达成协议前 我拥有房子一半的主权 |
[05:45] | and you are not to put it on the market. | 你不能把它挂牌出售 |
[05:47] | [sighs] | |
[05:49] | [poignant music] | |
[05:52] | ♪ ♪ | |
[06:03] | Are you sneaking in? | 你偷偷进来的吗 |
[06:05] | Are you hiding behind a plant? | 你是躲在植物后面吗 |
[06:08] | Who are those people? | 那些人是谁 |
[06:09] | She got us a throuple’s massage. | 她帮我们叫了一个三人按摩 |
[06:11] | (Valerie) A what? | 什么 |
[06:12] | [cell phone chimes] | |
[06:14] | Oh, Jesus. That’s three. | 我晕 三个 |
[06:17] | – Three what? – Penis pictures. | -三个什么 -阴茎照 |
[06:19] | – They’re called dick pics. – Whatever. | -一般叫做鸡巴照 -管它呢 |
[06:21] | Same photo? | 一样的照片吗 |
[06:22] | No–see, first one’s an aerial shot, | 不是 你看 第一张是从上往下拍的 |
[06:24] | and the second one’s next to a remote. | 第二张是跟遥控器一起拍的 |
[06:25] | Uh-huh, for perspective. | 作对比 |
[06:27] | Yeah, but every remote is different, so. | 但是遥控器长得都各不相同 |
[06:29] | Yeah, a soda can would be a better barometer. | -所以汽水罐也许会是个更好的指标 |
[06:30] | Probably. | 也许 |
[06:31] | Hm. | |
[06:33] | Oh, shit. Uh, here she comes. | 糟糕 她来了 |
[06:36] | – I’m gonna– – Wait, wait–wait. | -我要 -等等 |
[06:38] | Where are you going? | 等等 你去哪儿 |
[06:39] | – Um, anywhere but here. – No, no, no. | -反正不是这 -别 |
[06:41] | Wait–hey, what happened to saying yes and, you know, | 你不是说要迁就她吗 |
[06:42] | nodding and agreeing? | 不管她说什么都点头同意 |
[06:44] | Yeah, with words. You don’t do stuff with her. | 是的 用语言 而不是和她一起做事 |
[06:46] | Oh, good, you’re here. We can start. | 真好 你来了 我们可以开始了 |
[06:47] | Oh, I just got called into the office. | 办公室刚打来电话 |
[06:49] | So it looks like it’s just you gals. | 所以只剩你们女生了 |
[06:53] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[06:54] | And don’t worry about that blogger. | 别介意那个博客写手了 |
[06:56] | Just because no one has loved you yet | 没人喜欢过你 |
[06:58] | doesn’t mean you’re unlovable. | 不代表你不讨人喜欢 |
[07:08] | [therapeutic music] | |
[07:11] | I’m sensing tension in her back. | 我感受到了她背部的紧张 |
[07:14] | Work her shoulders. | 给她按摩下肩膀 |
[07:16] | I think she knows what she’s doing. | 人家知道怎么做 |
[07:19] | She doesn’t know what you’ve been through. | 可她不知道你经历了什么 |
[07:21] | – It’s a divorce. – Oh, that’s right. | -你离婚了 -没错 |
[07:25] | That’s what it is. It’s a divorce. | 对的 是离婚 |
[07:27] | You can’t be so hard on yourself, dear. | 亲爱的 你不能对自己这么苛刻 |
[07:30] | We all make mistakes. | 我们都会犯错 |
[07:31] | Is it better if we just don’t talk, maybe? | 我们不说话是不是会好点 |
[07:35] | Have you met Drew’s new partner? | 你见过Drew的新对象吗 |
[07:37] | [sighs] I have not. | 没 |
[07:39] | You should, so you can unburden yourself. | 你该见见的 这样你就能卸去负担 |
[07:41] | Start fresh. | 重新开始了 |
[07:44] | How did he meet her? | 他们是怎么相遇的 |
[07:46] | [sighs] | |
[07:47] | Can we just–can we change the music? | 能换个音乐吗 |
[07:49] | – Is that…? – But it’s so soothing. | -实在太 -可是很安神啊 |
[07:58] | The thing that really gets me down is we had chemistry. | 真正打击到我的是我们之间有化学反应 |
[08:00] | We connected. | 很来电 |
[08:02] | I mean, she was a four. Maybe five, tops. | 她只是个4分女 最多5分 |
[08:04] | I could throw a shoe down Sunset, | 我在日落大道上扔只鞋 |
[08:06] | hit 50 better looking girls. | 都能砸到50个比她好看的女生 |
[08:08] | Not that I’m perfect, but I was definitely out of her league. | 不是说我有多完美 但我肯定超出了她的追求范围 |
[08:12] | Is it wrong that I expected gratitude? | 我指望她感恩有错吗 |
[08:14] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[08:16] | Maybe that’s too much, but I certainly did not expect | 也许过分了一点 但我绝没想到 |
[08:18] | to be treated like a fucking monster. | 我会被当成一个怪物对待 |
[08:21] | – Where’s Carl? – Who? | -Carl在哪儿 -谁 |
[08:24] | Your dog. | 你的狗 |
[08:25] | Mm. | |
[08:26] | Carl. You were right. | Carl 你是对的 |
[08:28] | He deserved better. I had to give him back. | 它值得更好的 我只能把它送回去 |
[08:30] | I thought you said this was an emergency. | 你不是说这是紧急事件吗 |
[08:34] | Huh? It is. My mom’s in town. | 确实是啊 我妈来了 |
[08:36] | You know how that goes. | 你知道会怎么样 |
[08:38] | I never met my mother. | 我从没见过我妈 |
[08:40] | – You’re adopted? – No. | -你是被领养的吗 -不是 |
[08:42] | She just left when I was young. | 只是在我很小的时候她就离开了 |
[08:46] | Lucky you. | 真走运啊你 |
[08:55] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[08:56] | Let’s do it. | 开始吧 |
[08:58] | [Ne’ Richa’s Dollar] | |
[09:00] | ♪ A dolla, a dolla money makers and money shakers ♪ | |
[09:03] | ♪ I crack my knuckles in anticipation of the hustle ♪ | |
[09:06] | You know what I love about a strip club? | 你知道我喜欢脱衣舞俱乐部的什么吗 |
[09:09] | I can’t imagine. | 不知道 |
[09:10] | The rules are literally written on the wall. | 规定都写在墙上 |
[09:13] | You know exactly what you’re getting. | 你知道你能得到什么 |
[09:14] | No surprises, no emotions. | 没有惊喜 没有情感 |
[09:16] | Just simple transactional simulated sex. | 只有纯交易性质的伪性交 |
[09:20] | It’s so pure. | 非常纯洁 |
[09:22] | [cell phone rings] | |
[09:26] | Okay, be right back. Hi. | 我马上回来 你好 |
[09:29] | Since I got you here, do you mind | 既然你在这 介意 |
[09:30] | taking care of my buddy? | 陪下我朋友吗 |
[09:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:33] | [cell phone ringing] | |
[09:35] | ♪ ♪ | |
[09:39] | Hi. | 你好 |
[09:42] | Hey, Val, what’s up? | Val 什么事 |
[09:44] | Alex? She is system–ow. | Alex 她在有组织 |
[09:47] | She’s systematically trying to undo me, okay? | 她在有组织地摧毁我 |
[09:50] | I don’t know how much more of this I can take. | 我不知道我还能忍受多久 |
[09:51] | – I think you’d be surprised. – Alex! | -你会被你的承受能力吓到的 -Alex |
[09:54] | Listen, it’s a marathon, not a sprint. | 听着 这是马拉松 不是短跑 |
[09:56] | You got to pace yourself. Breathe. | 你得掌握节奏 深呼吸 |
[09:58] | Oh, it’s a marathon? | 是马拉松吗 |
[09:59] | Well, you abandoned me at the starting line. | 你在起跑线上就把我抛弃了 |
[10:02] | Val, you sound emotional. | Val 你听上去很激动 |
[10:03] | I am emotional. | 我当然激动了 |
[10:04] | I’m gonna toss her off your deck. | 我要把她扔下按摩台 |
[10:06] | No, don’t do that. | 别那么做 |
[10:07] | You know she’ll survive | 你知道她死不了的 |
[10:09] | and then you’ll have to push her around in a wheelchair. | 然后你就不得不帮她推轮椅 |
[10:10] | [cell phone chimes] | |
[10:11] | Oh, come on. | 我擦 |
[10:13] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[10:14] | It’s just another penis pic. | 又来了一张阴茎照 |
[10:15] | This one’s wearing a kerchief. | 这次围了一张方巾 |
[10:17] | A kerchief? Like a bib? | 方巾 围嘴那种吗 |
[10:19] | No. No, it’s like a bandana. | 不是 像头巾 |
[10:21] | – Points for creativity? – Okay, you know what? | -创意加分吗 -你知道吗 |
[10:23] | (Valerie) I need you. | 我需要你 |
[10:27] | I can only give so much. | 我只能帮你这么多了 |
[10:29] | ♪ ♪ | |
[10:34] | Voila. | 瞧 |
[10:36] | Wow, you sure know how to charm a girl. | 你可真会讨女孩子欢心啊 |
[10:40] | Everyone’s so used to being photographed | 如今大家都习惯被拍照 |
[10:42] | these days that no one knows | 已经没人知道 |
[10:44] | what an honest, unselfconscious | 一个真实自然的 |
[10:46] | moment looks like. | 瞬间是什么样了 |
[10:48] | We’re gonna capture one. | 我们要拍一张这样的 |
[10:50] | At a Chevron? | 在雪佛龙加油站 |
[10:51] | You got big box stores on every corner. | 各个角落都有大型超市 |
[10:54] | You got some weird little apartments over there. | 那边还有一些奇怪的公寓 |
[10:58] | People coming and going from all walks of life. | 各式各样的人群来来往往 |
[11:00] | Sad walks of life. | 悲伤的人群 |
[11:01] | Yeah, maybe. Maybe not. | 或许是 或许不是 |
[11:04] | There’s a 40-second window when people pump their gas. | 人们加油的时候会有40秒的有利时机 |
[11:07] | Some people text, | some people 有的人会发短信 有的人 |
[11:08] | listen to the radio. | 会听广播 |
[11:10] | Some just stare off into space | 有的则会凝视远方 |
[11:11] | and take stock of their lives. | 思考人生 |
[11:13] | 40 seconds of something, or nothing. | 有意义或者无意义的40秒 |
[11:17] | Watch for it. | 注意观察 |
[11:20] | Head for those bushes. | 你到那边的草丛去 |
[11:22] | And don’t let anybody see you. | 别让人看到你 |
[11:24] | [poignant string music] | |
[11:27] | ♪ ♪ | |
[11:31] | Mm. | |
[11:33] | [knock on door] | |
[11:34] | (Dawn) Valerie? | |
[11:36] | ♪ ♪ | |
[11:49] | It began in September. | 九月份开始的 |
[11:52] | (Dawn) He was feeling low after the L.A. Times layoffs. | 被洛杉矶时报解雇后他很低落 |
[11:55] | Started going to that biking group | 开始在周日参加格里菲斯公园的骑行小组 |
[11:56] | in Griffith Park on Sundays. | |
[11:58] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[11:59] | She was pre-med and just looking | 她是医学院预科生 现在学校外 |
[12:01] | for some nice people outside of school. | 认识一些不错的人 |
[12:04] | He wasn’t even attracted to her at first. | 最初她根本对他没感觉 |
[12:06] | You…talked to Drew? | 你和Drew聊天了 |
[12:09] | Her car had trouble starting one afternoon, | 有天下午她的车启动不了 |
[12:11] | and he bought her a coffee and offered to wait with her. | 他给她买了咖啡陪她一起等 |
[12:16] | (Dawn) She seemed fascinated by his life. | 她被他的生活迷住了 |
[12:19] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[12:20] | It was the first time in years | 那是多年以来他第一次 |
[12:21] | that he didn’t feel like a total fuck-up. | 觉得自己不是个无用之人 |
[12:24] | His words. | 他的原话 |
[12:26] | (Dawn) You need to know this, dear. | 你需要知道这些 亲爱的 |
[12:28] | [sighs] | |
[12:30] | The only way out is through. | 解脱的唯一方式就是穿越 |
[12:35] | [cell phone chimes] | |
[12:40] | [playful string music] | |
[12:41] | Ugh! | |
[12:43] | [scoffs] | |
[12:44] | I mean… | 我真是 |
[12:45] | Valerie? | |
[12:48] | Valerie? | |
[12:49] | ♪ ♪ | |
[13:07] | [cell phone chimes] | |
[13:10] | ♪ ♪ | |
[13:11] | [sighs] | |
[13:27] | [poignant string music] | |
[13:30] | ♪ ♪ | |
[14:11] | So this is a thing for you? | 所以这算是你的爱好吗 |
[14:13] | Taking pictures of people while they’re unaware? | 在别人不知情的情况下拍照 |
[14:16] | Oh, sometimes. | 偶尔而已 |
[14:18] | – Do you ever feel dirty? – Dirty? | -你有觉得猥琐吗 -猥琐 |
[14:22] | Well, it’s a fine line, right? | 是有界限的 不是吗 |
[14:24] | I mean, one day you’re taking pictures of people | 你开始在加油站 |
[14:25] | at a gas station and the next, | 给人拍照 然后 |
[14:27] | you put a video camera in the girls’ locker room. | 你就在女生更衣室里放摄像头 |
[14:31] | It’s all in the name of art. | 这都是以艺术之名 |
[14:34] | – You want anything? – No, I’m good. | -你想买点什么吗 -不用了 |
[14:54] | [stirring string music] | |
[14:57] | ♪ ♪ | |
[15:05] | (Michael) Want to keep going? | 想继续吗 |
[15:07] | ♪ ♪ | |
[15:10] | Take me home. | 送我回家吧 |
[15:12] | ♪ Yeah, uh, uh, yo ♪ | |
[15:15] | (Alex) He’s been gone for, like, 30 minutes. | 他已经离开了半个小时了 |
[15:16] | Is that normal? | 这算正常吗 |
[15:18] | It’s whatever you want it to be. | 你想是什么就是什么 |
[15:19] | Don’t stripper talk me. I just– | 别用脱衣舞女的方式给我说话 我只是 |
[15:21] | What if she’s taking advantage of him? | 万一她站他便宜呢 |
[15:23] | Relax. He’s in good hands. | 放松 他没事的 |
[15:26] | It’s just, he’s a very trusting person. | 他很容易相信别人 |
[15:28] | You know–women see that innocent face, | 女人见到那张无辜的脸 |
[15:30] | and they just– they just pounce. | 就会趁火打劫 |
[15:32] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[15:33] | He’s probably in the champagne room | 他也许正在香槟房里 |
[15:35] | getting doused with a $1,000 bottle of Kenwood. | 喝着1000元一瓶的肯伍德红酒 |
[15:47] | Oh. | |
[15:49] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:52] | Hi. | 你好 |
[16:02] | We’ll develop tomorrow. See what we got. | 我们明天再冲洗 看看都照了些什么 |
[16:09] | That was my dad. | 刚才那是我爸 |
[16:12] | With his girlfriend. | 和他的女友 |
[16:19] | Okay. | 知道了 |
[16:32] | Wow. | |
[16:35] | I’m Randy. | 我是Randy |
[16:36] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[16:37] | Do you think sending photos of your penis | 你真觉得发你的阴茎照 |
[16:39] | is a good way to get a woman’s attention, | 是吸引女人的好方法吗 |
[16:41] | or is respectful, or even remotely welcome? | 或者说是尊重人的 受欢迎的方法吗 |
[16:43] | – Um… – Does it work for you, Randy? | 对你真的有效吗 Randy |
[16:45] | Do women actually respond? | 真有女人会回应你吗 |
[16:48] | I mean, you’re here. | 你不是来了吗 |
[16:49] | I am literally on the verge | 我差点就去申请限制令了 |
[16:51] | of getting a restraining order. | |
[16:52] | – Take it easy. – No, Randy. | -淡定 -不 Randy |
[16:54] | I have seen more angles of your penis | 我看过你不同角度的阴茎 |
[16:56] | than I have of my ex-husband’s. | 比我看过我前夫的还多 |
[16:58] | Why didn’t you look at your husband’s penis more? | 为什么你不多看看你前夫的阴茎呢 |
[16:59] | Because he’s too busy | 因为他忙着 |
[17:01] | plunging it into a 22 year-old grad student | 操一个22岁的研究生 |
[17:03] | who he–apparently is also his cycling buddy. | 同事也是他的骑友 |
[17:05] | Oh, how did I know that? | 我怎么知道的 |
[17:07] | Because my mother called him and asked him. | 因为我妈打电话问了他 |
[17:08] | – Oh, no. – Oh, yeah. | -不会吧 -是的 |
[17:11] | – Mm-hmm. – You didn’t want to know. | 你并不想知道 |
[17:13] | No, I did not want to know. | 是的 我不想知道 |
[17:15] | No. No, and now I do. | 不想 可我现在知道了 |
[17:18] | And I guess I just… | 我想我只是 |
[17:20] | I guess I just wanted the marriage to fix itself. | 我想我只是希望婚姻能自愈 |
[17:22] | I’ve never heard of a marriage fixing itself. | 我从没听说过婚姻自愈 |
[17:25] | Oh, and now he wants to sell the house. | 现在他想卖掉房子 |
[17:27] | The house that I paid for | 我花钱买的 |
[17:29] | and filled with all the pieces of our lives. | 装满了我们生活点滴的房子 |
[17:31] | And then when it sells, then that’s the end, right? | 卖掉后 就结束了 对吗 |
[17:34] | Then…that’s it. | 就没了 |
[17:37] | The end. | 结束了 |
[17:41] | God, we might not have ever been… | 天 也许我们从没 |
[17:44] | right together, but… | 合适过 但 |
[17:47] | I’m just not ready for that. | 我还没准备好结束 |
[17:51] | But, I mean, if you were never right together, | 我说 你们要是从没合适过 |
[17:54] | then why are you still, like, holding on? | 那为什么你还要坚持在一起 |
[18:02] | [poignant string music] | |
[18:04] | Because then my mother will be right. | 因为那样我妈就会是对的 |
[18:07] | She said it would never last. | 她说我们的婚姻不会长久 |
[18:11] | [sighs] And it didn’t. | 结果确实没有 |
[18:14] | And if you keep the house, then she’ll be what? | 如果你把房子留下 她又会怎样 |
[18:19] | Less right? | 对的少一点吗 |
[18:22] | She could tell me she’s sorry. | 她可以向我道歉 |
[18:25] | We spend our whole lives | 我们花一辈子的时间 |
[18:27] | waiting for our parents to apologize. | 等待父母给我们道歉 |
[18:30] | They spend theirs waiting for a thank you. | 他们花一辈子的时间等我们说谢谢 |
[18:33] | Neither of us ever gets what we want. | 而我们都得不到想要的 |
[18:36] | Hm. | |
[18:38] | ♪ ♪ | |
[18:41] | You have a nice face, Randy. | 你长得不错 Randy |
[18:45] | You should lead with that. | 你应该用脸照的 |
[18:47] | ♪ ♪ | |
[18:51] | [door opens and closes] | |
[18:56] | And your family? | 你的家人 |
[18:58] | Do they know? | 他们知道吗 |
[19:00] | Uh-huh. | |
[19:02] | It’s not really the easiest thing to hide, you know? | 你懂得 这种事不太容易隐瞒 |
[19:04] | [both chuckle] | |
[19:08] | There’s Mom. | 这是我妈 |
[19:10] | – And that’s my dad. – [laughs] | 这是我爸 |
[19:12] | Me and my brother. They’re supportive. | 我和我弟弟 他们都很支持我 |
[19:15] | Like, actually supportive, or secretly dying on the inside? | 是真的支持 还是内心已死的那种 |
[19:18] | [laughs softly] | |
[19:19] | Both. | 都有 |
[19:22] | Is, uh, is that you? | 这是你吗 |
[19:25] | – My daughter. – She’s very cute. | -我女儿 -很可爱 |
[19:27] | 13 months. | 13个月大 |
[19:29] | Pretty soon, she’ll be walking. | 很快就能走路了 |
[19:30] | And dancing. | 还有跳舞 |
[19:33] | What, bringing a kid around here, | 怎么 带小孩来这里 |
[19:34] | that’s like playing Russian roulette. | 就如同玩俄罗斯轮盘 |
[19:36] | I don’t bring her here. | 我不会带她来这 |
[19:37] | Okay, so you don’t see her that much? | 好吧 那你就很少见她咯 |
[19:39] | I’m with her every minute I’m not working. | 我没工作的时候我都陪着她 |
[19:41] | I mean, she’s got to imprint. | 她需要快速学习 |
[19:43] | Imprint? | 快速学习 |
[19:45] | If a mom’s not around in the first few months, | 如果一个母亲不在小孩的最初几个月陪着小孩的话 |
[19:47] | her baby won’t bond with her. | 她的孩子就不会和她产生亲密关系 |
[19:49] | That’s not a real thing. | 这不是真的吧 |
[19:51] | Actually, there’s 50 years of research to support it. | 实际上 有50年的相关研究支持这一论点 |
[19:54] | So I’ve heard. | 我听说的 |
[19:56] | So, what happens to that kid when they grow up? | 那小孩长大后会怎么样 |
[19:58] | If they don’t bond? | 如果他们和母亲不亲 |
[20:00] | They have attachment issues, and it’s basically impossible | 他们会有感情障碍 |
[20:04] | for them to sustain relationships. | 基本上维持不了任何关系 |
[20:07] | (Dana) It’s really sad. | 很悲哀的 |
[20:20] | Hey, why aren’t there any photos | 为什么这没有 |
[20:21] | of you and me when I was a baby? | 我小时候和你一起的照片 |
[20:24] | Of course there are. | 当然有了 |
[20:26] | No, I mean in the first few months. | 我是说头几个月 |
[20:28] | Like, right when I was born. | 刚出生那会儿 |
[20:30] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[20:32] | Let’s see, 1980. That’s right. | 让我想想 1980 对了 |
[20:36] | Queen went on tour to celebrate | 皇后乐队庆祝发行 |
[20:37] | their album release. | 新专辑开巡演 |
[20:39] | I went to a few of their shows. | 我去看了好几场 |
[20:42] | Yeah. A few? | 嗯 几场吗 |
[20:44] | 30. | |
[20:45] | Oh, they went all over the world. | 他们是在全球巡演 |
[20:47] | Oh. How fun for you. | 你肯定玩得很尽兴 |
[20:52] | Who took care of me? | 谁照顾的我 |
[20:53] | Everyone–your father, our friends. | 所有人 你爸 我们的朋友 |
[20:56] | Valerie, she never left your side. | Valerie 她寸步不离你 |
[21:02] | Does that seem normal to you? | 这对你来说是正常的吗 |
[21:03] | I’ve never believed in normal. | 我从不相信正常 |
[21:04] | Answer the question! | 回答我的问题 |
[21:10] | You know… | 你知道 |
[21:14] | I think I’m gonna give you and Valerie some space. | 我想我该给你和Valerie一点空间 |
[21:29] | They’re kicking you out? | 他们要赶你出去吗 |
[21:31] | Children always blame their parents | 小孩总是把他们的问题 |
[21:32] | for their problems. | 归咎于父母 |
[21:33] | It’s the easiest way to avoid responsibility. | 逃避责任最简单的方式 |
[21:35] | I thought you guys were drunks. | 我以为你们这个年龄的人都会是酒鬼 |
[21:37] | Or, like, morbidly obese people | 或者从不下床 |
[21:39] | who never got out of bed, | 臃肿不堪的胖子 |
[21:40] | but you’re not like that. | 但你不是那样 |
[21:42] | You’re not like that at all. | 完全不是 |
[21:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:45] | Where are you gonna go? | 你准备上哪儿去 |
[21:46] | Don’t worry about me, dear. | 别担心我 宝贝 |
[21:49] | There’s a man I know with an open bed. | 我认识一个人他有空床 |
[21:53] | We’ll be talking. | 保持联系 |
[21:55] | I’d like that. | 我会的 |
[21:57] | [Sufjan Stevens’s Should Have Known Better] | |
[22:00] | ♪ ♪ | |
[22:16] | ♪ I should have known better ♪ | |
[22:19] | ♪ To see what I could see ♪ | |
[22:22] | ♪ My black shroud holding down my feelings ♪ | |
[22:27] | ♪ A pillar for my enemies ♪ | |
[22:29] | ♪ ♪ | |
[22:37] | I loved this house. | 我爱过这所房子 |
[22:42] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[22:46] | I’ll look into appraisers this week. | 我这周回去咨询估价师 |
[22:48] | Find out what it’s worth. | 看看值多少钱 |
[22:51] | ♪ ♪ | |
[22:53] | ♪ I should have wrote a letter ♪ | |
[22:56] | ♪ And grieve what I happen to grieve ♪ | |
[22:58] | ♪ My black shroud ♪ | |
[23:01] | ♪ I never trust my feelings ♪ | |
[23:04] | ♪ I waited for the remedy ♪ | |
[23:06] | ♪ ♪ | |
[23:18] | [cell phone chimes] | |
[23:20] | ♪ ♪ | |
[23:30] | ♪ I’m light as a feather ♪ | |
[23:33] | ♪ Bright as the Oregon breeze ♪ | |
[23:35] | ♪ My black shroud ♪ | |
[23:38] | ♪ I’m frightened by my feelings ♪ | |
[23:40] | ♪ I only want to be a relief ♪ | |
[23:44] | ♪ ♪ | |
[23:48] | ♪ No, I’m not a go-getter ♪ | |
[23:51] | ♪ The demon had a spell on me ♪ | |
[23:54] | ♪ My black shroud ♪ | |
[23:56] | ♪ Captain of my feelings ♪ | |
[23:59] | ♪ The only thing I wanna believe ♪ | |
[24:05] | [beeps] | |
[24:07] | ♪ When I was three, and free to explore ♪ | |
[24:12] | ♪ I saw her face on the back of the door ♪ | |
[24:16] | ♪ Oh, be my rest, be my fantasy ♪ | |
[24:20] | [sighs] | |
[24:21] | ♪ Oh, be my rest, be my fantasy ♪ | |
[24:26] | ♪ ♪ | |
[24:54] | ♪ Nothing can be changed ♪ | |
[24:57] | ♪ The past is still the past ♪ | |
[24:59] | ♪ The bridge to nowhere ♪ | |
[25:02] | ♪ I should have wrote a letter ♪ | |
[25:07] | ♪ Explaining what I feel ♪ | |
[25:10] | ♪ That empty feeling ♪ | |
[25:13] | ♪ Don’t back down ♪ | |
[25:15] | ♪ Nothing can be changed ♪ |