时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | The couch in the hallway. | 走廊里放沙发 |
[00:05] | Jennifer, I think. She’s still remodeling. | 应该是珍妮弗 她还在改建 |
[00:06] | I’m Jennifer. | 我是珍妮弗 |
[00:08] | Can I take you to lunch to make up for this? | 能请你吃个午饭作为弥补吗 |
[00:10] | Looks like you’re being asked | 似乎对方在要你 |
[00:10] | to sell your stake in Snooger to JME Capital. | 将Snooger的股份卖给JME基金 |
[00:14] | I don’t know what any of that means. | 我完全不懂你在说什么 |
[00:16] | They’re breaking up with you. | 他们要跟你分手 |
[00:17] | Your mom tells me you’re not going back to school. | 你妈跟我说你不打算回学校了 |
[00:19] | No. We’re touring East Alvarado tomorrow. | 假的 我们明天要去参观东奥瓦拉多中学 |
[00:22] | So, uh, what’s it like here? | 这里怎么样 |
[00:24] | School’s a fucking drag everywhere. | 所有的学校都很讨厌 |
[00:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:28] | This is depressing. You can’t send her here. | 这里太破了 我们不能让她来这儿 |
[00:30] | Hell, I’d do a better job teaching her. | 真的 还不如让我来教她 |
[00:32] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
[00:40] | New skirt? | 新裙子 |
[00:41] | Yeah. What do you think? | 是的 你觉得怎么样 |
[00:43] | – It’s pencil-y. – It’s too much? It’s a little much. | -像铅笔裙 -太紧了 紧过头了 |
[00:46] | – I should change. – No, I like it. | -我该换掉 -不 我挺喜欢的 |
[00:47] | Oh, okay. I want to make a good impression, | 好吧 我想留个好印象 |
[00:49] | you know, so they think we’re normal. | 好让他们觉得我们是正常人 |
[00:50] | – We are normal. – Exactly. | -我们很正常啊 -没错 |
[00:53] | You could invite Alex. | 你可以叫上艾利克斯 |
[00:55] | I mean, it is a school thing. | 这算是跟学校有关 |
[00:57] | Alex? | 艾利克斯 |
[00:58] | Carson Daly’s wife is named Siri. | 卡森·戴利的老婆叫斯睿[IOS系统中的语音控制功能也叫Siri] |
[01:00] | – What? – Can you imagine? | -什么 -你能想象吗 |
[01:02] | Every day. | 每天 |
[01:04] | Siri, where’s the nearest gas station? | 斯睿 最近的加油站在哪儿 |
[01:06] | Siri, what’s the weather like today? | 斯睿 今天天气如何 |
[01:08] | Siri, why did you marry Carson Daly? | 斯睿 为什么你要嫁给卡森·戴利 |
[01:11] | – What are you reading? – The news. | -你在看什么 -新闻 |
[01:13] | Oh, look, a profile on Kate Upton. | 看 凯特·阿普顿的简介 |
[01:15] | Did you want to go to Laura’s interview? | 你之前是想去劳拉的面试吗 |
[01:18] | I would, but I got to save the old company. | 我是想去 但我得去挽救我的公司 |
[01:21] | – Let me know how it goes. – Mm-hmm. | -记得给我汇报进展 -好 |
[01:44] | – Welcome. – Hi. | -欢迎 -你们好 |
[01:50] | We started four years ago, | 四年前我们三个 |
[01:52] | just the three of us with some homemade lesson plans | 靠着自制的教学计划 |
[01:56] | and a desire to change. | 和渴望改变的决心发家起步 |
[01:58] | Now we have 12 students, parent-teachers, guest lecturers. | 如今我们有12个学生 家长教师和客座讲师 |
[02:01] | And most importantly, | 最重要的是 |
[02:03] | a safe space for our children to learn and grow. | 有一个供孩子学习成长的安全空间 |
[02:08] | That sounds very supportive. | 听上去很鼓舞人心 |
[02:10] | We’re one big happy family. | 我们是一个快乐大家庭 |
[02:17] | What are the-the next steps? | 接下来需要做什么 |
[02:21] | The paperwork you sent looks good. | 你们寄来的文件看上去没什么大碍 |
[02:23] | If we can just ask Laura a few questions, | 如果我们能问劳拉几个问题 |
[02:25] | I think we’ll be set. | 应该就差不多了 |
[02:27] | Ask away. | 尽管问吧 |
[02:28] | Is there anything you’re looking forward | 这学期你有没有 |
[02:30] | to in particular this semester? | 特别期待的东西 |
[02:32] | Where to start? | 从何说起呢 |
[02:36] | I mean, designing my own curriculum | 设计自己的课程 |
[02:38] | and, uh, just getting to be around people | 和敬业的你们 |
[02:42] | who care about what they’re doing. | 打交道 |
[02:44] | I’ve never really had that opportunity, so it’s– | 我从没有过这样的机会 所以 |
[02:47] | it’s very exciting. | 这很令人兴奋 |
[02:49] | Is that why you left Cedar Ridge? | 这是你离开雪松岭高中的原因吗 |
[02:53] | I needed a change | 我需要换个环境 |
[02:55] | so I could focus on my interests. | 这样才能专注自己的兴趣 |
[02:58] | And what are your interests? | 你的兴趣是什么呢 |
[03:03] | She’s on the– she’s on the soccer team | 她是 她是足球队的 |
[03:06] | and, uh, photography. | 还有摄影 |
[03:09] | Really, anything having to do with a camera. | 任何与相机有关的 |
[03:14] | I just mean that she, uh, | 我意思是她 |
[03:16] | has such a good eye and really loves art. | 有敏锐的洞察力 而且热爱艺术 |
[03:21] | What is it about art that inspires you? | 艺术哪点戳中了你呢 |
[03:26] | I don’t know. I just like it. | 不知道 我就是喜欢 |
[03:30] | It’s okay not to have all the answers. | 答不上来没关系 |
[03:33] | We’re doing a potluck this weekend to kick off the semester. | 我们这周末会以百乐餐开始新的学期 |
[03:37] | I think you should come by and meet the others. | 你们应该过来 认识其他人 |
[03:40] | Okay, what are our options? | 好吧 我们有哪些选择 |
[03:42] | There are no options. We take this money or fold. | 我们别无他选 要不拿钱要不倒闭 |
[03:45] | Paul, there’s always an option. | 保罗 选择总是有的 |
[03:46] | Even the guy trapped under the boulder | 即使是电影里 |
[03:48] | in that movie had an option. | 那个被困在巨石下的家伙都有的选 |
[03:49] | I’m not asking you to cut your arm off with a Leatherman. | 我没叫你用刀把自己的手臂砍下来 |
[03:52] | I’m asking you to accept a check | 我是叫你收下 |
[03:54] | from a reputable VC firm. | 大名鼎鼎的风险投资公司开的支票 |
[03:56] | – Hey, have you tried– – Everything. | -你有试过 -所有方法都试过了 |
[03:57] | Everything. Redesign, marketing, promotion, pricing– | 所有的 重新设计 营销 推广 调价 |
[04:01] | Maybe the problem is, we’re selling a faulty product. | 问题可能在于 我们的产品有缺陷 |
[04:03] | Why, because you couldn’t find your fucking soul mate? | 怎么 因为你找不到你该死的灵魂伴侣吗 |
[04:05] | We were in profit. We made money. | 我们之前有在盈利 我们赚了钱 |
[04:07] | It’s not about the money. | 这无关金钱 |
[04:08] | – Yes, it is! – Paul | -当然有关 -保罗 |
[04:09] | Uh, listen. You have 80 pairs of unworn socks in your closet | 听着 你衣柜里有80双没穿过的袜子 |
[04:14] | I like wearing new socks. So what? | 我喜欢穿新袜子 所以呢 |
[04:16] | That’s a luxury you might not be able to afford | 如果我们破产了 |
[04:18] | when we go bankrupt. | 你可能就享受不起这么奢侈的生活了 |
[04:19] | Fine, then I’ll wash them. | 好吧 我会洗了重复穿 |
[04:22] | Or wear sandals. | 或者穿拖鞋 |
[04:24] | We have 19 employees, Alex. | 我们有19个员工 艾利克斯 |
[04:26] | They have families, mortgages. | 他们有家庭 有房贷 |
[04:27] | This isn’t about socks for them. This is their life. | 对他们而言这无关袜子 而是关乎他们的生活 |
[04:29] | And their life is gonna get significantly worse | 如果你不做点什么的话 |
[04:31] | unless you do something. | 他们的生活将会陡转急下 |
[04:33] | Alex, why don’t you just take the help? | 艾利克斯 你为什么就不能接受帮助呢 |
[04:35] | I want us to do it ourselves. | 我希望靠我们自己渡过难关 |
[04:38] | The way we always have. | 我们以前都是这么过来的 |
[04:39] | Well, we can’t. Not anymore. | 现在不行了 再也不行了 |
[04:56] | The couch is gone. | 沙发不见了 |
[04:58] | Right? Thank God. | 是啊 感谢上帝 |
[04:59] | You look nice! You have a date? | 你打扮得不错嘛 有约会吗 |
[05:02] | Lunch with Jennifer. | 要跟珍妮弗去吃午饭 |
[05:04] | – The cunt from next door? – Leia. | -隔壁的贱婢吗 -丽雅 |
[05:06] | Sorry, I thought that’s | 不好意思 我们之前 |
[05:08] | what we were calling her. | 不就这么叫她的吗 |
[05:08] | She apologized, so– | 她道歉了 所以 |
[05:10] | So all is forgiven? | 所以就一笔勾销了吗 |
[05:13] | Well, I’m not gonna hold a grudge. | 我不会耿耿于怀 |
[05:14] | Neither did Patty Hearst. | 帕蒂·赫斯特也没有 |
[05:23] | Go ahead. | 不用管我 |
[05:26] | Go ahead. I’m just waiting for someone. | 不用管我 我只是在等人 |
[05:31] | Hey. Sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:32] | I’m so sorry. Someone hit my car. | 真对不起 有人撞了我的车 |
[05:34] | – What? Oh, my God. – Oh, no, it’s fine. | -什么 天呐 -没什么的 |
[05:36] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -你没事吧 -没事没事没事 |
[05:37] | He was going, like, two miles an hour. | 他时速只有三公里 |
[05:38] | Anyways, I’m very sorry I’m late. | 总之 很抱歉我来晚了 |
[05:40] | No, that’s okay. That’s fine. | 不 没事 没事 |
[05:42] | – I just–I just got here. – Oh, you did? | -我刚到 -是吗 |
[05:43] | – Great, um– – Here you go. | -太好了 -给 |
[05:46] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[05:48] | So did you miss crawling over my couch this morning? | 你今天早上想念翻越我的沙发吗 |
[05:51] | Yeah, that was a great little workout every single morning. | 想啊 那可是我之前每天早上的健身项目 |
[05:55] | – Right? – Yeah. | -是吧 -嗯 |
[05:56] | Then I’ll put out some chairs for you to hurdle over tomorrow. | 明天我会放几把椅子供你跨越 |
[05:58] | Oh, thanks. I think everybody in the office | 谢了 办公室里的人 |
[06:01] | would be really happy about that. | 应该都会喜欢的 |
[06:03] | I’m sure they would love that. | 绝对会喜欢的 |
[06:05] | So what’s your– | 那么你 |
[06:08] | what’s your story? | 你有什么经历呢 |
[06:09] | Where you from? | 你从哪来 |
[06:10] | Nebraska, New Orleans. | 内布拉斯加 新奥尔良 |
[06:12] | I went to school in Vermont. | 我在佛蒙特州上的学 |
[06:13] | I lived in a little apartment in Brooklyn with my husband | 我跟我丈夫在布鲁克林的一个小公寓里 |
[06:15] | for a couple years. | 住了几年 |
[06:16] | Oh, you’re married? | 你结婚了 |
[06:17] | Um… I was. We split. | 结过 然后离婚了 |
[06:20] | Four–five years ago now. | 已经四 五年了 |
[06:21] | I just ended mine last spring. | 我去年春天刚离婚 |
[06:24] | First year. | 第一年 |
[06:28] | – It gets better. – Does it? | -会好起来的 -会吗 |
[06:29] | Yeah. First year, we didn’t speak, right? | 嗯 第一年 我们互相不说话 |
[06:33] | Lot of inappropriate Internet stalking. | 经常在网上偷偷跟踪对方 |
[06:37] | Then we started emailing a little bit. | 后来我们开始偶尔通过邮件联系 |
[06:39] | Now we talk a couple times a month. | 现在我们每个月会聊上几次 |
[06:40] | I see him for dinner when I’m back east. | 我回东部的时候会和他吃晚餐 |
[06:42] | – It’s good. – Really? | -挺好的 -真的吗 |
[06:43] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:44] | – That’s– that’s great. – Yeah. | -这 这真棒 -对啊 |
[06:46] | You know, I think we were just, like, really insecure | 我觉得刚开始我们只是没有安全感 |
[06:48] | in the beginning and just couldn’t admit that, | 没办法承认 |
[06:51] | I don’t know, maybe we’d be okay without each other. | 我说不上 也许我们没有彼此也可以过得很好 |
[06:53] | Hey, there. That’ll be $28.64. | 一共是28.64 |
[06:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:56] | It is the least I can do. Please. | 拜托 这算不了什么 |
[06:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:03] | You know, I can finally be in a room with Drew | 我终于可以跟德鲁共处一室 |
[07:05] | without wanting to wring his neck. | 而没有想掐断他脖子的冲动 |
[07:06] | – That’s huge. – Thank you. | -这相当好了 -谢谢 |
[07:08] | I think that’s really good progress. | 我觉得这真的是很大的进步 |
[07:10] | Now you just need to wait for him to try to fuck you. | 现在你只需要等他来毁掉你 |
[07:13] | – Is that what they do? – Yes. | -他们都会这样吗 -当然 |
[07:14] | They can sense the second you are fine without them | 他们能立刻察觉到你没他们也过得很好 |
[07:17] | and then they just swoop in and fuck everything up. | 这时他们就趁虚而入 搞砸一切 |
[07:20] | It’s crazy. | 特别疯狂 |
[07:21] | So if I start to feel really good about myself, | 如果我开始自我感觉良好 |
[07:23] | I should just steer clear of him. | 我就应该避开他 |
[07:25] | – Got it. – Probably. | -懂了 -差不多吧 |
[07:27] | Although, I swear, it’s like they’ve got, like a– | 不过 我发誓 他们就像是有… |
[07:30] | a radar. Oh, God. | 雷达一样 上帝啊 |
[07:32] | – Is everything okay? – No. | -没事吧 -有事 |
[07:34] | I’ve got this patient who’s having | 有个病人似乎 |
[07:36] | what sounds like an emergency. | 有些紧急情况 |
[07:38] | – Go. – I’m sorry. I feel terrible. | -快去 -对不起 实在不好意思 |
[07:40] | – No. You have to go. – Are you sure– | -没有的事 快去吧 -你确定… |
[07:41] | – Oh, yeah. – I’m so sorry. Okay. | -我确定 -太抱歉了 好吧 |
[07:44] | – Seriously, I’m fine. – Thank you. | -真的 我没事 -谢谢你 |
[07:45] | – Good luck. – Right. Bye. | -好运 -再见 |
[07:46] | Yeah. Bye. | 再见 |
[08:06] | H-How did it– | 约会得怎么 |
[08:20] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[08:21] | Not really. | 不太好 |
[08:23] | But it would be inappropriate for me to complain. | 不过我没什么资格抱怨 |
[08:25] | Well, you are in a hot tub. | 你可是躺在浴缸里享受呢 |
[08:30] | – How was lunch? – It was fine. | -午餐如何 -还行 |
[08:34] | She had a patient emergency so I ended up sitting alone, | 她有个病人出了紧急状况 剩我一个人坐在那儿 |
[08:37] | eating a salad that wasn’t any good. | 吃着一盘不怎么样的沙拉 |
[08:39] | I mean, it was fine. It was just overdressed. | 其实没那么烂 就是酱放多了 |
[08:42] | I didn’t finish it. It–that’s not true. | 我没吃完 我撒谎了 |
[08:44] | I ate it all. Ugh. | 我吃完了的 |
[08:45] | Someone has a friend crush. | 有人被朋友迷住了啊 |
[08:46] | She’s just effortless. | 她应付自如 |
[08:48] | I’m sure she likes you too. | 她肯定也喜欢你 |
[08:50] | Alex, | 艾利克斯 |
[08:51] | you’re good at this stuff. | 你在这方面是专家 |
[08:53] | How do I make her my friend? | 我怎么才能让她做我的朋友 |
[08:55] | Standard dating rules apply. | 标准约会守则依旧有效 |
[08:57] | What does that even mean? | 什么意思 |
[08:58] | Well, if you’re not gonna pay attention, | 如果你不用心听我讲 |
[09:00] | how can you expect me to help you? | 我要怎么帮你 |
[09:02] | – Oh, come on. – Ugh. Oh, boy. | -拜托 -老天 |
[09:07] | What did I say? | 我说什么了 |
[09:38] | – Coffee? Juice? – No, thank you. | -咖啡 果汁 -不用 谢谢 |
[09:40] | All right, Jordan will be right in. | 好吧 乔丹马上就来 |
[09:43] | He’s very excited. | 他很激动 |
[09:44] | It’s all he’s been talking about all week. | 这周以来他一直在说这个 |
[09:45] | Feeling’s mutual. We’re both very happy to be here. | 我们也很激动 都很高兴来到这里 |
[09:50] | I love that one. | 我喜欢那幅 |
[09:52] | You see the man standing alone on the second support? | 看见站在第二根支撑链上的人了吗 |
[09:55] | I always wonder what was he thinking. | 我总是好奇他在想什么 |
[09:57] | Don’t fall? | “别掉下去” |
[10:00] | Jordan Anderson. | 乔丹·安德森 |
[10:01] | – Alex Cole. – Thanks for coming in. | -艾利克斯·科尔 -感谢你的到访 |
[10:03] | Yeah, any chance to hear about my broken company. | 当然不会错过你们谈论我那破产的公司 |
[10:06] | Well, you might be disappointed. | 那你可能要失望了 |
[10:08] | Broken companies don’t interest us. | 我们对破产的公司不感兴趣 |
[10:09] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐吧 |
[10:15] | When we decided to get into this field, we did a study. | 决定要涉足这个领域时 我们做了研究 |
[10:18] | Which site has the highest percentage of users | 哪家网站上找到长期伴侣的用户 |
[10:20] | who find a long-term partner. | 所占比例是最高的 |
[10:23] | Snooger was number one. | Snooger高居榜首 |
[10:25] | Then why are we insolvent? | 那我们为什么还会破产呢 |
[10:28] | User retention. You see, when people pair off, | 客户滞留现象 人们配对成功后 |
[10:30] | they stop using dating sites. | 就不再使用约会网站了 |
[10:32] | No more users, no more money. | 没有用户 就没有收入 |
[10:34] | Your site’s great. | 你的网站很棒 |
[10:35] | The interface works. It’s easy to use. | 界面设计很成功 便于使用 |
[10:37] | But unless you find a way to keep people online– | 但如果你不能想办法留住用户 |
[10:40] | You want me to match people who are incompatible? | 你想让我把不合适的人配对 |
[10:43] | Sell them a lie? | 欺骗他们吗 |
[10:44] | People in monogamous relationships | 研究表明那些有固定伴侣的人 |
[10:46] | report no greater satisfaction than those who date around. | 并不比四处约会的人幸福 |
[10:49] | Those studies have been challenged. | 那些研究受到了质疑 |
[10:51] | 50% of marriages end in divorce | 一半的婚姻都以离婚告终 |
[10:53] | and many more report that they wish they could. | 更多的人表示希望能离婚 |
[10:56] | Just because you partner with someone, | 仅仅因为你跟一个人在一起 |
[10:58] | doesn’t mean you’re going to be satisfied with them. | 不代表他们就会满足你 |
[11:01] | Save your users the heartbreak. | 别让你的用户体验心碎 |
[11:04] | Give them the fun of dating | 让他们享受约会的乐趣 |
[11:06] | without the pressure of finding a happiness that… | 不再背负寻找 坦白地说 |
[11:09] | quite frankly, may not even exist. | 可能根本就不存在的幸福的压力 |
[11:25] | Sorry. I still need to get a key for this. | 不好意思 我需要一把开这门的钥匙 |
[11:27] | You know, they– uh, you can just use the men’s room | 其实你可以直接去男厕所 |
[11:30] | ’cause they don’t lock that one. | 他们不会锁门 |
[11:31] | – Are you fucking for real? – Yeah. | -你是认真的吗 -是的 |
[11:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:34] | Apparently, they only lock the women’s room, | 显然他们只锁女厕所的门 |
[11:37] | so we don’t get raped or something. | 那样我们就不会被强奸什么的了 |
[11:40] | Right, ’cause no one’s gonna get raped in the men’s bathroom. | 对 因为不会有人在男厕里被强奸 |
[11:42] | – No. – Let’s be honest. | -不会 -事实就这样 |
[11:44] | No, no. This is the rape room. | 不会 这里是强奸专用室 |
[11:46] | – This one, but not– – This is it. | -就这间 但… -没错 |
[11:48] | Not really anymore because now we have a key. | 但那是过去时了 因为现在我们有钥匙 |
[11:51] | That makes me feel a lot safer. | 这让我感觉安全多了 |
[11:52] | – Right? – Yeah. | -对吧 -是的 |
[11:53] | I feel really safe now. | 我现在觉得可安全了 |
[11:55] | Do you have any plans for this– for this– | 你这周末有没有 有没有… |
[11:58] | I was just gonna ask | 我就是想问问 |
[11:58] | do you have any big plans for this weekend? | 你这周末有没有什么重要的计划 |
[12:01] | Not really. | 没有 |
[12:01] | I might go to that new wine bar | 我可能会跟朋友去 |
[12:03] | in the neighborhood with some friends. | 附近新开的那家酒吧 |
[12:04] | Oh, that sounds so fun. | 听起来很有意思 |
[12:06] | We’ll see. I don’t know. | 到时就知道了 我也不确定 |
[12:09] | I was just gonna say, I have to go to this potluck | 我是想说 我得去参加我 |
[12:12] | for my daughter, Laura’s, school. | 女儿劳拉她们学校组织的百乐餐 |
[12:14] | Well, it’s a homeschool program. | 是一个家庭学校 |
[12:16] | Could be fun. | 可能会很好玩 |
[12:17] | Maybe not. It could be bad. | 也可能不会 可能会很糟糕 |
[12:22] | I’m bringing a caprese. | 我会带卡布里沙拉 |
[12:27] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[12:28] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[12:31] | It’s embarrassing. | 太丢脸了 |
[12:33] | I’m sure it wasn’t that bad. | 肯定没有那么糟 |
[12:35] | Why’s it so hard to make friends after college? | 大学毕业后交个朋友怎么这么难 |
[12:38] | I’ve changed. | 我变了 |
[12:38] | Shouldn’t my taste in friends change too? But no. | 我交朋友的品味也应该变了吧 但是没有 |
[12:42] | I’m an adult, so I’m not allowed. | 我是成年人 所以我不能交朋友 |
[12:44] | Well, if it makes you feel any better, I can’t do it either. | 如果这能让你好受点 其实我也交不到 |
[12:47] | No, that doesn’t make me feel better at all. | 不 我丝毫没有因此好受点 |
[12:49] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:51] | Maybe you’ll meet somebody tonight. | 也许今晚你会交到新朋友 |
[12:53] | With a bunch of homeschoolers and their weird parents? | 跟一群在家学习的孩子和他们奇怪的父母吗 |
[12:56] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:58] | Should we bail? | 要不我们不去吧 |
[13:00] | Think that would set a pretty bad precedent. | 那会开创一个极不好的先例 |
[13:02] | True. | 说得是 |
[13:03] | But what if they’re really weird? | 但要是他们真的很奇怪呢 |
[13:05] | – Like Scientologists? – Don’t worry. | -比如科学论派教徒 -别担心 |
[13:07] | I don’t think we have enough money to be worth extorting. | 我们应该没有那么多钱让人勒索 |
[13:11] | Hey, who do you think’s happier, | 你觉得哪种人更幸福 |
[13:13] | single people or married people? | 单身的还是结了婚的 |
[13:16] | Taking a poll. | 我在做民意调查 |
[13:18] | Really? Well, I don’t know. | 真的吗 我不知道 |
[13:21] | If they come to me, they’re generally pretty unhappy. | 来找我的人 基本上都不幸福 |
[13:23] | Not a lot of excess happiness in my line of work. | 在我的工作领域里很少能遇到幸福的人 |
[13:26] | That makes sense. | 有道理 |
[13:27] | Where are you two off to? | 你们要去哪 |
[13:32] | Please be on good behavior. | 请守规矩点 |
[13:34] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[13:47] | Come in, come in. | 进来吧 进来吧 |
[13:49] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[13:50] | Hello. | 你好 |
[13:52] | The scholars are all out back. | 学生们都在后院 |
[13:54] | They’re dying to meet you. | 迫不及待想要见到你 |
[13:56] | And you must be Drew? | 你肯定就是德鲁了 |
[13:58] | Alex. | 艾利克斯 |
[13:59] | – Alex. – My brother. | -艾利克斯 -我弟弟 |
[14:01] | He supervises sometimes. | 他有时候会来视察我们 |
[14:04] | You have a very sterile home. | 你家真干净 |
[14:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:08] | Come on, I’ll introduce you to the others. | 来 我介绍你给其他人认识 |
[14:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:12] | Bye. | 拜 |
[14:15] | Well? | 那么 |
[14:17] | I think I’ll wander. | 我到处逛逛吧 |
[14:28] | All right, here you go. | 好 该你了 |
[14:29] | Uh, what did Glass say to his best friend, Tommy? | 格拉斯对他最好的朋友说了什么来着 汤米 |
[14:33] | – What? – Nope. | -什么 -算了 |
[14:37] | Everyone, this is Valerie. | 各位 这是薇拉莉 |
[14:40] | Welcome. Good to see you again. | 欢迎 很高兴再次见到你 |
[14:42] | – Nice to see you.- So glad you could make it. Yay. | -我也是 -你能来太好了 |
[14:45] | I’m gonna go get a drink. | 我去喝点东西 |
[14:46] | Don’t scare her off. | 别把人家吓跑了 |
[14:48] | Okay! | 遵命 |
[14:50] | We’re so happy to have you with us. | 你能来我们太开心了 |
[14:52] | Everything that we’ve read about you is glowing. | 我们很喜欢你的背景 |
[14:54] | Oh, really? Wow. | 真的吗 |
[14:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:58] | So will you be teaching anything this semester? | 你会在这学期教点什么吗 |
[15:00] | I work full-time, so I don’t think I can | 我有全职工作 所以我不认为我有 |
[15:02] | really give it the attention that it deserves. | 足够的精力来保证教学水平 |
[15:04] | – You’re a therapist, right? – Uh-huh. | -你是心理医生 对吗 -是的 |
[15:06] | – Do you enjoy it? – I do. | -那你享受其中吗 -是的 |
[15:08] | I like to help people | 我喜欢帮助他人 |
[15:10] | and I think it’s important to talk things through. | 我认为通过沟通来解决问题很重要 |
[15:12] | Speaking of, are you a “Good job” person? | 说起沟通 你是个会夸孩子”做得好”的人吗 |
[15:15] | A-am I a what? | 我是个什么 |
[15:16] | Do you tell your daughter “Good job”? | 你会对你女儿说”做得好”吗 |
[15:19] | Sometimes. | 偶尔会说 |
[15:20] | We should talk about that. | 我们该谈谈这个问题 |
[15:21] | Maybe not right now, though. | 不过也许不必现在就谈 |
[15:24] | Right, darling? | 对吗 亲爱的 |
[15:25] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:27] | You don’t say “Good job”? | 你们从不夸孩子”做得好”吗 |
[15:29] | Well, we try to not put subjective labels on our children’s work. | 我们尽量不给孩子的工作成果贴上主观标签 |
[15:33] | Good, bad, those words can have a negative impact. | 评价好与不好会产生负面影响 |
[15:36] | Instead, we encourage them to simply enjoy the process. | 相反 我们鼓励他们单纯去享受过程 |
[15:53] | Hey, man. Oh, hey there. | 伙计 你好 |
[15:55] | – Hello. – You’re one of the dads, right? | -你好 -你是父亲之一吧 |
[15:57] | Yeah. Ben. | 是的 我叫本 |
[15:58] | Hey, Alex. | 你好 我是艾利克斯 |
[15:59] | Great to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[16:00] | Can I ask you a question? Kind of personal. | 我能问你个私人问题吗 |
[16:03] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, sure. | 可以 问吧 |
[16:05] | You’re married, right? | 你结婚了 对吧 |
[16:06] | – Yeah. – How long? | -是的 -结了多久了 |
[16:08] | – Going on 14 years now. – 14, wow. Cool. Cool. | -已经14年了 -14年 厉害厉害 |
[16:11] | Were you happier before you met your wife or after? | 你在遇到你妻子之前更幸福还是之后更幸福 |
[16:15] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[16:16] | You know, like, clearly, you’ve built a life for yourself | 你显然已经有家有业 |
[16:18] | and you seem to be doing really well, | 看起来过得非常不错 |
[16:20] | but if you could go back, start fresh, | 但如果你能回到过去 从头再来 |
[16:22] | no judgment, would you? | 我不会做任何评判 你还会和她结婚吗 |
[16:27] | Wait, I’m sorry. Whose kid is yours? | 等等 抱歉 你是哪个孩子的父亲 |
[16:29] | Oh, I don’t have kids. | 我没有小孩 |
[16:30] | – You don’t have kids? – No. | -你没有小孩 -没有 |
[16:33] | Look, I’m gonna get back to my food, | 我先回去继续吃东西 |
[16:34] | but if you think of an answer, you let me know. | 但如果你想好答案了 记得告诉我 |
[16:37] | Thanks, Ben. | 谢了 本 |
[16:39] | Did you get a chance to read the handbook? | 你读过我们的手册了吗 |
[16:41] | I intend to. | 我打算读的 |
[16:42] | I can also email it to you. | 我也可以把内容电邮给你 |
[16:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:45] | Or I can give you a hard copy at dinner next week. | 或者我可以在下周的晚餐上给你一本纸质的 |
[16:47] | Next week? | 下周 |
[16:48] | Yeah, we get together every Thursday | 是的 我们每周四都会聚在一起 |
[16:49] | to go over lesson plans and activities. | 讨论教学计划和活动 |
[16:52] | You’re gonna love it. | 你一定会喜欢的 |
[16:53] | We all do. | 我们都很喜欢 |
[16:55] | Have to check my calendar. | 我得查一下日程表 |
[16:58] | This is so soft. | 摸上去真软 |
[17:00] | – Where did you get it? – I got it at Banana Republic. | -你在哪买的 -在香蕉共和国买的 |
[17:04] | – Oh. It’s lovely. – Thank you. | -真好看 -谢谢 |
[17:07] | – I like your scarf. – Take it. | -我喜欢你的围巾 -拿去吧 |
[17:12] | – Oh, no. – I insist. | -不用 -我坚持 |
[17:14] | Yes! | 好了 |
[17:15] | Oh, that’s adorable. | 真是可爱极了 |
[17:17] | – Looks great. – Cute. | -看上去很搭 -好可爱 |
[17:19] | Could you excuse me for just one second? | 我能失陪一下吗 |
[17:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:45] | 新消息 来自劳拉 | |
[17:47] | You know the rules: no phones allowed. | 你知道规矩的 不许用手机 |
[17:49] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[17:50] | Screen time is mean time. | 玩手机不礼貌 |
[17:53] | I’m Rosanna. | 我叫罗莎娜 |
[17:54] | Alex. | 艾利克斯 |
[17:56] | – You’re new here? – Yeah, my niece starts Monday. | -你是新来的吗 -是的 我侄女周一开始上课 |
[17:59] | The other children are so warm, so welcoming. | 这里其他孩子都很友善和热情 |
[18:03] | – They will touch her. – Touch her? | -他们会触摸[触动]她 -触摸她 |
[18:06] | On the inside. | 她的内心 |
[18:08] | Hey, are you married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[18:10] | I took my daughter here when she was very little. | 我女儿很小的时候我就带她过来了 |
[18:12] | Her father didn’t want to come. | 她父亲不想来 |
[18:14] | Sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[18:16] | I’m not. | 我不遗憾 |
[18:20] | 新消息 来自薇拉莉 救命 | |
[18:22] | Oh, excuse me, I– | 不好意思 我 |
[18:24] | Can I have that back, please? | 能请你把手机还给我吗 |
[18:25] | If you can’t put it away, I might as well give you my number. | 如果你离不开手机 那不如我把号码给你 |
[18:28] | Okay. Great | 好的 棒极了 |
[18:46] | And maybe it’s backpacking or– | 也许会去背包旅行或者 |
[18:48] | or some kind of travel for an extended | 或者在进入大学前 |
[18:50] | period of time before college. | 去旅游很长一段时间 |
[18:52] | It doesn’t have to be tomorrow. | 不一定得是明天 |
[18:56] | – Laura, right? – Yeah. | -你是劳拉 对吗 -是的 |
[18:58] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[19:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:06] | We’re doing a sharing circle. | 我们在开分享会 |
[19:08] | We’re talking about our holidays | 正在聊我们的假期 |
[19:09] | and things we’re excited about this year. | 和今年我们向往做什么 |
[19:13] | Do you want to go? | 你想聊一聊吗 |
[19:16] | Sure. Sure. | 当然 当然 |
[19:18] | Well, I’ve– I’ve just been hanging out | 我 我就是在到处闲逛 |
[19:21] | and, uh, I’m excited to screw around | 我很开心能混时间 |
[19:26] | and have class two days a week | 每周只上两次课 |
[19:29] | and get this high school shit over with | 还有尽快上完高中 |
[19:31] | so I can join the fucking real world. Am I right? | 这样我就可以踏入现实世界了 对吗 |
[19:43] | Well, I’ll go. I spent the break in recovery. | 我来说吧 假期我去治疗了 |
[19:46] | Some painful shit. | 挺痛苦的 |
[19:47] | But I’m back. I’m feeling better. | 但我回来了 感觉好了很多 |
[19:49] | Excited to hang out with you guys again. | 很开心又能和你们混在一起 |
[20:13] | Holy shit. What is that thing? | 我的天 这是什么玩意 |
[20:14] | Some woman gave it to me. | 一个女的给我的 |
[20:16] | Well, throw it out or burn it. | 赶紧扔了或者烧了 |
[20:17] | I can’t. They are so… nice and welcoming and– | 不行 他们那么友善和热情 |
[20:22] | I don’t know. Maybe I’m overreacting. | 我不知道 也许我反应过度了 |
[20:24] | I could do this. I could do weekly dinners, right? | 我能做到 我能每周参加一次晚餐聚会 对吧 |
[20:26] | – With these people? Val– – I don’t know. | -跟这帮人吗 小薇 -我不确定 |
[20:29] | I mean, the friends I used to have are awful | 我以前的朋友都糟透了 |
[20:32] | and I can’t get Jennifer in the friend zone. | 我没办法把珍妮弗拉进朋友圈 |
[20:34] | – Don’t say friend zone. – Why? | -别说朋友圈 -为什么 |
[20:35] | It’s a gross term. It’s like there’s some dichotomy | 这是个恶心的术语 就好像 |
[20:37] | between romantic and nonromantic relationships | 在浪漫和非浪漫关系之间存在某种对分 |
[20:39] | and someone categorically puts you in one– | 而有人断然把你归入其中… |
[20:40] | – Alex. – Okay, my God. Fine. Come on. | -艾利克斯 -好吧 我们走 |
[20:46] | And my parents have been fighting, | 我父母一直吵个不停 |
[20:49] | so I hope I can help them make up | 我希望我能让他们和好 |
[20:52] | ’cause it makes me so sad when I see my mom | 因为每当我看到我母亲哭个不停的时候 |
[20:56] | crying her eyes out, and I want to help her, | 我就很难过 我想帮她 |
[20:59] | but I don’t know how. | 但我不知道怎么帮 |
[21:01] | Like, I just feel stuck and– | 我感觉束手无策 |
[21:04] | and my dad, he just completely goes out of his mind– | 还有我父亲 他完全是疯了 |
[21:07] | You ready? | 准备走了吗 |
[21:10] | What’s up, guys? | 你们好 |
[21:21] | Hey, Laura. | 劳拉 |
[21:24] | Why didn’t you say anything real? | 你为什么不说点实际的东西呢 |
[21:27] | – Like, why you’re here? – Like what? | -比如 你为什么来这 -说什么 |
[21:30] | That I made a sex tape and tried to sleep with my teacher? | 说我拍了个性爱视频 还想把老师睡了 |
[21:33] | Yeah. That would have been good. | 对 那样说挺好的 |
[21:36] | Look, you don’t have to front. | 听着 你没必要全盘托出 |
[21:38] | We just want to get to know you. | 我们只是想了解你 |
[21:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[21:42] | You don’t think very highly of yourself, do you? | 你对自己评价不高 是不是 |
[21:45] | Laura! | 劳拉 |
[21:48] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[21:50] | I think we’re gonna go to that place too. | 我觉得我们也要去那里 |
[21:53] | No. No, Alex. No. | 不 不 艾利克斯 不 |
[21:55] | She’s gonna be there with her friends. | 她会和她朋友去那里 |
[21:57] | Yeah, so are we. | 对 我们也要 |
[21:58] | – Who? – Our crew. | -跟谁 -我们的伙伴 |
[22:00] | – Our what? – Just trust me. | -我们的啥 -相信我 |
[22:03] | Hey, there. | 你好 |
[22:22] | Sorry about tonight. | 今晚的事我很抱歉 |
[22:25] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[22:30] | You don’t have to go back there. | 你不必再去那里了 |
[22:32] | No, I think… maybe I should. | 不 我想 也许我该去 |
[22:37] | Val, let’s go. | 小薇 我们走 |
[22:56] | Relax. | 放松 |
[22:57] | – I don’t know these people. – So? | -我不认识这些人 -那又怎样 |
[22:59] | So you’re supposed to make me look cool. | 你该让我看上去酷一点的 |
[23:01] | Uh, yeah. I am. ‘Lenore has tattoos. | 这不酷吗 丽诺有文身 |
[23:05] | You ever been with someone who has tattoos? | 你有和文过身的人一起玩过吗 |
[23:08] | – It’s like fucking a– – Just shut up. | -那玩意就像… -别说了 |
[23:09] | Just shut up. Shut up. | 闭嘴 快闭嘴 |
[23:13] | Then Val made pot stickers for Santa Claus, | 然后小薇给圣诞老人做了锅贴 |
[23:15] | which no one has ever done in history. | 史上第一人 |
[23:18] | And guess what? Santa ate all of them. | 你猜怎么着 圣诞老人把锅贴全吃完了 |
[23:24] | – Cheers. Cheers all around. – Indeed. | -干杯 大家干杯 -是啊 |
[23:27] | All right, refills. | 好了 续杯 |
[23:29] | – You want one? – Yep. | -你想续杯吗 -嗯 |
[23:30] | You? I know you do. | 你呢 你肯定要的 |
[23:32] | – Val, more? – Uh, yes. | -小薇 再来点吗 -好 |
[23:34] | All right. | 好的 |
[23:35] | – Your brother. – My brother. | -你弟弟 -我弟弟 |
[23:38] | Another round for all of us. | 给我们所有人再续一轮 |
[23:50] | Sorry she didn’t show. | 很遗憾她没来 |
[23:54] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[23:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:58] | So why is he friends with you? | 他为什么要和你做朋友 |
[24:01] | Because… | 因为 |
[24:03] | I’m the best. | 我是最好的 |
[24:04] | Oh, you’re the best. That’s right. I forgot. | 你是最好的 对啊 我忘了 |
[24:07] | Come on. I am. | 拜托 我就是最好的 |
[24:10] | You know I am. | 你知道我是的 |
[24:11] | You are. You’re okay. | 确实 你是还挺好的 |
[24:13] | You’re goddamn right. | 那还用说 |
[24:15] | Goddamn right. | 那还用说 |
[24:17] | Goddamn right. | 那还用说 |
[24:20] | Val! | 小薇 |
[24:24] | – Hi. – Hey, you’re here. | -嗨 -你在这里 |
[24:26] | – Yeah. – Yay. | -是啊 -真好 |
[24:26] | I’m having a drink with my friends. | 我和朋友们在这里喝点小酒 |
[24:29] | I like her tattoos. Those are cool. | 我喜欢她的文身 好酷 |
[24:33] | Uh, oh, this is my brother, Alex. | 这是我弟弟 艾利克斯 |
[24:35] | – Hey. – Hey. Jennifer. | -嗨 -嗨 我是珍妮弗 |
[24:36] | – Good to meet you. – You too. | -很高兴认识你 -我也是 |
[24:37] | Listen, uh, I’m over in the corner | 如果你想来 |
[24:39] | with a bunch of my friends, if you want to join us. | 我和朋友在那边角落里 |
[24:40] | Oh, uh, are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[24:43] | Absolutely. Come over and have a drink. | 当然了 过来一起喝一杯 |
[24:45] | – Okay. – ‘Kay. | -好啊 -好 |
[24:46] | – Thank you. – Nice meeting you. | -谢谢 -很高兴认识你 |
[24:47] | – Yeah. – All right, um… | -嗯 -好吧 |
[24:49] | – I’m gonna go say hi. – See? | -我过去打个招呼 -看到没 |
[24:51] | – Do you want to– – No. | -你要一起 -不 |
[24:52] | – It’s not my thing. It’s your thing. – It’s your thing. | -这不是我的事 是你的事 -就是你的事 |
[24:56] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[25:00] | Guys, this is Valerie. | 各位 这是薇拉莉 |
[25:02] | How’s it going? | 大家好 |
[25:02] | Hi. Nice to meet you. | 嗨 很高兴认识你 |
[25:04] | We got Ria, Ashley, Jessica, and Stephanie. | 这是瑞亚 艾什莉 杰西卡和斯蒂芬妮 |
[25:09] | 保罗·施密特 说好十点的 好的 马上来 我会签协议的 | |
[25:45] | Our children are going to be such good friends. | 我们的孩子会成为好朋友的 |