时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Well, it, uh, looks like you’re being asked | 似乎对方在要你 |
[00:04] | to sell a stake in Snooger to JME Capital. | 将Snooger的股份卖给JME基金 |
[00:09] | Jordan Anderson. Thanks for coming in. | 乔丹·安德森 感谢你的到访 |
[00:11] | So you, uh, took home the boss’ wife. | 你把老板的老婆带回了家 |
[00:14] | You can hang around, watch me fire your employees. | 你可以在这待着 看我炒你员工鱿鱼 |
[00:16] | Or you can sign. They all get to keep their jobs, | 或者你在这签字 他们都能保住饭碗 |
[00:18] | and Snooger becomes a line item | 然后Snooger成为我 |
[00:19] | on a spreadsheet I glance at every other quarter. | 每隔一季在预算表上随意瞥一眼的一个项目 |
[00:23] | You didn’t, uh, borrow me and Mae-Yi’s road bikes | 你上周六有没有借走我和美意的 |
[00:26] | last Saturday, did you? | 公路单车吧 |
[00:28] | I just found out that my friend has cancer | 我刚得知我朋友得了癌症 |
[00:30] | and it’s a little hard for me to think about bikes right now. | 我现在不想想单车的事情 |
[00:33] | Come on, it’s tattoo roulette. | 继续猜嘛 这是文身轮盘赌 |
[00:35] | The surprise is half the fun. | 就是要惊喜才有意思 |
[00:36] | Emojis? | 表情 |
[00:38] | They’re our emojis. | 是我们的表情 |
[00:39] | They’re from our first text. | 我们第一次短信里的 |
[00:41] | So what, you’re not into me anymore? | 所以 怎么 你不再喜欢我了吗 |
[00:44] | You know that feeling | 你知道那种 |
[00:45] | when you get someone and they get you? | 当你懂某个人而他们也懂你的感觉吗 |
[00:48] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[00:49] | It’s gone. | 那种感觉消失了 |
[00:53] | I made a mistake. | 我犯了个错误 |
[00:55] | I want you back. | 我希望你回到我身边 |
[00:56] | Jesus, Drew. | 天呐 德鲁 |
[00:58] | I’m dying. | 我快死了 |
[00:59] | Where’s Mom? | 妈呢 |
[01:00] | Your mother has chosen to | 你们的母亲选择 |
[01:02] | recuse herself from the situation. | 回避这事 |
[01:04] | She finds this whole thing a bit unpalatable. | 她认为这事让她有点难以接受 |
[01:06] | – So we’re supposed to take care of you? – Unpalatable? | -所以我们就得照顾你 -难以接受 |
[01:08] | I’ll be euthanizing myself this evening. | 我今晚会对自己实施安乐死 |
[01:11] | This is really what you want? | 这真是你想要的 |
[01:12] | It is. | 是的 |
[01:15] | Guys? | 各位 |
[01:21] | You’re not really going back to Drew, are you? | 你不会真要和德鲁复合吧 |
[01:23] | No, I don’t think I am. | 不 应该不会 |
[01:25] | But it’s time for me to leave this house. | 但是时候离开这里了 |
[01:32] | It’d been, I don’t know, three weeks, a month. | 已经过了 我也说不清 三周 一个月 |
[01:34] | And I thought she was doing great. | 我以为她过得不错 |
[01:36] | But then the phone rings… | 但接着电话响起 |
[01:37] | Two days. That’s how long it took. | 两天 就坚持了这么久 |
[01:40] | Two days before the texting started. | 过了两天就开始发短信 |
[01:43] | I wanted to believe she could leave the nest, | 我也想相信她能离开她的巢 |
[01:44] | that she could fly, but… | 她能飞 可是 |
[01:46] | “Hi. How are you? What’s going on? | “嗨 你好吗 怎么了 |
[01:48] | It’s… oh… it rain.” | 下雨了” |
[01:49] | I get it. This is all new for her. | 我懂的 这一切对她来说都是全新的 |
[01:51] | A new house, a new world. | 一个新家 一个新世界 |
[01:52] | It’s like that scene at the end of “Room.” | 就像《房间》里最后那场戏 |
[01:53] | The smiley face, the winky face, | 发来笑脸 眨眼 |
[01:55] | the laugh-cry, cry-cry, the… | 笑哭 痛哭等等表情 |
[01:57] | And that neighborhood is not safe at all. | 那片街区一点都不安全 |
[01:59] | He’s an emotional wheel of fortune. | 他是个多愁善感的命运之轮 |
[02:02] | You know, it’s just spinning and spinning and spinning… | 不停地转啊转啊转 |
[02:05] | She’s crying out for help. “Save me, save me, save me.” | 她在哭着求救 “救我 救我 救我” |
[02:08] | Did I tell you that he’s | 我有跟你说 |
[02:09] | renting out bedrooms like a brothel? | 他把卧室当妓院出租吗 |
[02:11] | Well, does he | 他是靠 |
[02:12] | make money from just the rooms | 租房赚钱 |
[02:13] | or does he take a piece of the action? | 还是会从中抽成 |
[02:15] | Brothel-wise? | 妓院收入 |
[02:16] | That’s not funny because | 这不好笑 因为 |
[02:18] | he… he could end up with a serial killer. | 他可能会遇到一个连环杀手 |
[02:20] | And serial killers really like | 连环杀手很喜欢 |
[02:22] | the whole real apartment experience. | 那种真实公寓的体验 |
[02:26] | You think I’m overreacting? | 你觉得我反应过激了吗 |
[02:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:31] | Where is this fucking German? | 这个该死的德国人怎么还不来 |
[02:33] | Thought their whole thing was efficiency. | 他们不是以效率著称吗 |
[02:35] | German? | 德国人 |
[02:38] | Bye, Leon. | 再见 里昂 |
[02:41] | Hans! | 汉斯 |
[02:44] | Hans. | 汉斯 |
[02:46] | Hans? | 汉斯 |
[02:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:49] | How do I look? | 我看上去怎么样 |
[02:54] | For what? | 要去干什么 |
[02:59] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[03:03] | Hot tub, | 热水浴池 |
[03:04] | record player, bar, | 电唱机 酒吧 |
[03:05] | laundry, kitchen that way. | 洗衣房和厨房在那边 |
[03:08] | My room. | 这是我房间 |
[03:10] | Dad’s charred remains. | 我爸的骨灰 |
[03:14] | And your choice of bedroom. | 两间卧室供你选 |
[03:16] | Left was my sister’s. | 左边是我姐姐的 |
[03:18] | Right was my niece’s. | 右边是我侄女的 |
[03:20] | You really can’t go wrong, but I’m guessing | 不可能选错的 但我猜 |
[03:22] | less weird shit went down in that one. | 那间屋里发生过的怪事更少 |
[03:25] | This will work. | 这间就行 |
[03:26] | Great. All right, I gotta run, | 很好 我得走了 |
[03:28] | but text me if you need anything. | 有什么需要给我短信 |
[03:30] | Restaurant recs, bars. | 餐厅推荐 酒吧 |
[03:32] | It’s important you not see this as an Airbnb | 你不要把这当做民宿 |
[03:34] | but as your home away from home. | 而是当做你在外的家 这很重要 |
[03:37] | I will try. | 我尽力 |
[03:38] | Wunderbar. | 非常好 |
[03:40] | Don’t forget to sign the guest book. | 别忘了在住宿登记簿上签字 |
[04:02] | Yeah, I’ve been working on some new stuff. | 是的 我在忙一些新东西 |
[04:05] | And I’m reading. | 还有看书 |
[04:07] | Playing the guitar. | 弹吉他 |
[04:08] | Just kind of catching up, you know? | 把以前落下的都补上 |
[04:13] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:15] | Nothin… I don’t know, just… | 没什么 我也说不好 就是 |
[04:17] | you sound good. | 你听上去过得很好 |
[04:19] | Yeah, I think I am. | 我也这么觉得 |
[04:26] | How’s Dad? | 爸爸怎么样 |
[04:28] | Oh, you know, | 你知道 |
[04:30] | same old. | 老样子 |
[04:31] | – Is he haunting you yet? – No. | -他有来纠缠你吗 -没 |
[04:34] | I’m sure they had to bring in a bigger boat | 他们肯定要给他配一艘更大的船 |
[04:35] | to get him across the Styx, so | 才能渡过冥河 |
[04:37] | I doubt he’s even settled in. | 我怀疑他都还没安定下来 |
[04:41] | We should think about what to do with his ashes. | 我们该想想要怎么处置他的骨灰 |
[04:44] | I read that you can plant them in a tree. | 我有看到说可以放到树上 |
[04:47] | He’d probably start some arboreal plague | 他可能会引起某种树木瘟疫 |
[04:48] | and turn the world into a “Mad Max” desert. | 把全世界变成《疯狂的麦克斯》里的沙漠 |
[04:51] | Yeah, probably. | 也许吧 |
[04:53] | Maybe we could shoot him into space? | 或许我们可以把他射到太空中 |
[04:57] | Or… I’ve got it, | 或者 我想到了 |
[04:59] | make him into fireworks. | 把他做成烟火 |
[05:01] | Or a pencil set. | 或者一组铅笔 |
[05:11] | I don’t know, maybe we should just | 我也不知道 或许我们该 |
[05:12] | bury him in my backyard. | 把他埋在我家后院 |
[05:16] | Yeah. That’s probably best. | 嗯 这样也许最好 |
[05:29] | Did you valet? | 你有叫代客泊车吗 |
[05:31] | I’m around the corner. | 我的车就在拐角 |
[05:32] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[05:35] | – This was fun. – Want to get another drink? | -今晚很有意思 -想再去喝一杯吗 |
[05:39] | You don’t have to, I just | 你不用来的 我只是 |
[05:42] | like drinking. | 喜欢喝酒 |
[05:43] | No, totally, um… | 没有 没有 |
[05:44] | It’s just getting kind of late. | 只是有点晚了 |
[05:45] | I’ve got a long day tomorrow. | 明天事情很多 |
[05:47] | Oh, yeah. Me too. | 这样 我也是 |
[05:49] | You know, clients. You know. | 客户 你懂的 |
[05:55] | – It was good to catch up. – Yeah. | -出来聚聚挺好的 -是啊 |
[05:56] | – Let’s do it again sometime soon. – Yeah, of course. | -找个时间再聚 -行 |
[06:07] | – Okay. Bye. – Bye. | -好 再见 -再见 |
[06:34] | Hello? | 你好 |
[06:36] | Good night, Hans. | 晚安 汉斯 |
[07:02] | Val, good morning. | 小薇 早啊 |
[07:03] | Hey, Tina. | 蒂娜 |
[07:04] | Oh, wow, isn’t it perfect out? | 天气是不是很好 |
[07:05] | It’s the kind of day where you want to | 这种天你就想 |
[07:07] | lie out and drink mimosas until dark. | 躺在外面 喝鸡尾酒喝到深夜 |
[07:09] | Yeah. That does sound very decadent. | 嗯 听上去很颓废 |
[07:11] | I… I just wanted to check back in | 我只是想来再问问 |
[07:13] | about my sink. | 我家水槽的事 |
[07:16] | The sink. | 水槽 |
[07:17] | You are so right, and that is my bad. | 你说得太对了 这是我的错 |
[07:20] | My handyman has been on this soul searching expedition, | 我的勤杂工最近在寻找灵魂的征途上 |
[07:23] | and I didn’t want to interrupt him | 我不想打扰他 |
[07:24] | unless it was absolutely necessary. | 除非万不得已 |
[07:27] | But I see now that it is necessary. | 不过现在这情况就很万不得已 |
[07:30] | So you know what? I’m gonna shoot him a text. | 我给他发个短信 |
[07:31] | How’s that sound? | 怎么样 |
[07:33] | That’s great. | 很好 |
[07:34] | – Thank you. – No worries. | -谢谢 -客气 |
[07:36] | And in the meantime, enjoy this perfect morning. | 与此同时 享受这个完美早晨 |
[07:39] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[08:00] | 里昂 在干什么 | |
[08:20] | Hans. Perfect timing. | 汉斯 你来得正好 |
[08:23] | Pull up a chair. | 搬个椅子 |
[08:27] | So how was your night? | 你昨晚过得好吗 |
[08:29] | Seeing the sights? Getting a feel for the city? | 看了风景吗 感受了这城市吗 |
[08:32] | Yeah. It’s very nice. | 嗯 挺不错的 |
[08:35] | Great. And you’re here for business? Pleasure? | 很好 你是来出差还是玩乐的 |
[08:37] | Not that those two things are mutually exclusive | 并不是说这两件事互斥 |
[08:39] | and, really, it’s sad if they are, but… | 要真是的话 那就太伤心了 |
[08:41] | you know what I mean. | 你懂我意思 |
[08:43] | I have a couple of meetings. | 我要开几个会 |
[08:45] | – Then I… – Hey. Question for you. | -然后我 -问你个问题 |
[08:48] | Do you think | 你觉得 |
[08:49] | our obsession with borders and national identity | 我们对边界和国家认同的痴迷 |
[08:51] | is holding us back from creating a global egalitarian society | 是不是阻碍了我们创造一个全球平等社会 |
[08:55] | or | 还是 |
[08:56] | are we, as animals in | 我们 作为动物 |
[08:58] | a world of scarce resources, | 在一个资源稀缺的世界上 |
[09:00] | simply destined for a life of tribal infighting? | 注定要部落内讧呢 |
[09:05] | That is a very complicated question. | 这是个很复杂的问题 |
[09:09] | Right? | 是吧 |
[09:10] | It’s funny the things you think about when you’ve got free time. | 空了的时候 你思考的东西都很有意思 |
[09:12] | Also I’ve been getting into soccer. | 我最近还开始踢足球 |
[09:14] | Do you like Bayern Munich? | 你喜欢拜仁慕尼黑吗 |
[09:16] | Uh, yes. | 是的 |
[09:18] | Mm. We should watch a game. | 我们应该看一场球 |
[09:19] | Match? | 还是叫比赛 |
[09:20] | Thank you for the breakfast. | 谢谢你的早餐 |
[09:24] | Oh. Anytime. | 随时效劳 |
[09:27] | Let me know about that game. | 球赛的事考虑好了给我说 |
[09:35] | Your call has been forwarded | 你的电话被转接到 |
[09:36] | to an automated voicemail service. | 自动语音服务 |
[09:38] | – Leon. – WOMAN: Is not available. | -里昂 -没空 |
[09:40] | At the tone, please record your message. | 在嘟声后 请开始录音 |
[09:42] | Leon. | 里昂 |
[09:44] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[09:45] | I know your voicemail’s transcribing this. | 我知道你的语音信箱在转录这个 |
[09:47] | Does that happen in real time? | 那是实时的吗 |
[09:50] | Are you reading this right now? | 你现在就在看这个吗 |
[09:52] | Is it accurate? | 准确吗 |
[09:54] | So many questions. Call me. I miss you. | 好多问题 给我电话 想你 |
[09:59] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[10:00] | I’m here. | 我来了 |
[10:01] | I can see that. | 我能看到 |
[10:02] | You’re also 48 minutes early, so… | 你早来了48分钟 |
[10:05] | Yeah, figured you could knock me out early | 我想你可以早点结束给我做咨询 |
[10:07] | and have the afternoon to yourself. | 下午你就空了 |
[10:09] | Thoughtful, isn’t it? | 很体贴 是不是 |
[10:11] | Do you think that you’re my only patient? | 你觉得你是我唯一病人吗 |
[10:13] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[10:15] | Who you got in there? | 里面是谁 |
[10:16] | It’s none of your business. | 不关你事 |
[10:18] | Do they have problems? | 他们有问题吗 |
[10:19] | They do, don’t they? | 有的 对吗 |
[10:21] | Not worse than yours. | 不比你糟 |
[10:22] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[10:24] | How about a latte? | 喝拿铁吗 |
[10:29] | Sit here. | 坐在这 |
[10:30] | Don’t move. Don’t press any buttons. | 别动 什么按钮都别按[激怒] |
[10:33] | Literally or metaphorically? | 字面义还是比喻义 |
[10:40] | Leon, | 里昂 |
[10:41] | did all that transcribe too? | 刚才的对话也转录了吗 |
[10:54] | Laura, if you ever want to talk about anything, | 劳拉 如果你想聊天 |
[10:56] | I’m here. | 我就在这 |
[10:57] | It may not always seem like it, but I am. | 也许看上不并不总是这样 但是是的 |
[11:09] | I want it off my body. | 我想去掉这文身 |
[11:13] | Every time I see it, I think of him. | 每次看到它 就会想到他 |
[11:16] | What would that cost? | 要花多少钱 |
[11:19] | 4,000? | 四千 |
[11:21] | Well, 4,500. | 四千五 |
[11:25] | What does your mother say? | 你妈怎么说的 |
[11:29] | I don’t think she really cares. | 她好像不关心 |
[11:34] | Tell you what, | 这样吧 |
[11:35] | you pay for half | 你付一半 |
[11:37] | and I will pay for half. | 我付一半 |
[11:39] | You get a summer job. | 你找个暑期工作 |
[11:40] | Might be good for you. | 也许对你有好处 |
[11:41] | You might actually learn something. | 你也许能学到什么 |
[11:44] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:45] | Really. | 真的 |
[11:48] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:50] | That was just an awfully normal father-daughter moment. | 刚才真是个无比寻常的父女时刻 |
[11:54] | Well, I do have my days. | 我也是过来人 |
[11:56] | Speaking of which, do you want me to come | 说到这个 你想我参加 |
[11:58] | to your grandfather’s memorial? | 你爷爷的追悼会吗 |
[12:00] | Memorial? | 追悼会 |
[12:09] | Sure I can’t get you something to drink? | 确定不要喝点什么吗 |
[12:12] | It’s all right. I, uh, | 没事 我 |
[12:15] | I think I’ve almost got it. | 我想我快修好了 |
[12:20] | Have you been talking to Alex? | 你有在和艾利克斯联系吗 |
[12:22] | Not as much as he’d like. | 并没有他想要的那么多 |
[12:24] | But he seems good to you, right? | 在你看来他挺好的 对吧 |
[12:26] | Like healthy? | 比如健康 |
[12:29] | I mean, he’s going to therapy. That’s positive. | 他正在接受心理咨询 这很积极 |
[12:33] | Although Jennifer wouldn’t be my first choice. | 虽然珍妮弗不会是我的首选 |
[12:37] | I… I don’t know. | 我 我不知道 |
[12:39] | I mean, I guess I just thought he’d have | 我想我就是以为 |
[12:40] | more trouble with the transition, you know, just… | 转变会给他带来更多麻烦 |
[12:44] | maybe reverting back to his bullshit phases and… | 也许他会回到她乱七八糟的阶段 |
[12:51] | You have no idea what you’re doing, do you? | 你不会修管道 对吧 |
[12:55] | No. | 是的 |
[13:02] | Have you talked to Grandma? | 你跟外婆谈过了吗 |
[13:10] | How do you not check your mail? | 你怎么可以不查看你的邮件 |
[13:12] | – It’s a lifestyle choice. – No, it isn’t. | -这是我选择的生活方式 -不是的 |
[13:14] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[13:15] | It’s giving me hives just thinking about it. | 光想想它都让我头痛 |
[13:17] | – What else is in here? – I don’t want to know. | -这里面还有些什么 -我不想知道 |
[13:19] | That’s why I don’t open it. | 所以我从不打开它 |
[13:26] | “Please join me in celebrating the life | “请于五月十六日五点三十参与 |
[13:28] | of Charles Cole, May 16th 5:30.” | 我对查尔斯·科尔一生的纪念典礼” |
[13:32] | Oh, you gotta be kidding me. | 这是在逗我吧 |
[13:34] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:35] | “Please bring your father.” | “请带上你的父亲” |
[13:38] | Oh, fuck that! | 我操 |
[13:40] | She disappears without a word, | 当初她悄无声息地消失 |
[13:41] | and now she wants to play grieving widow? | 现在她又要回来扮演一个悲情寡妇 |
[13:43] | She’s not getting his ashes. | 不能给她他的骨灰 |
[13:46] | We murdered him. | 我们杀了他 |
[13:47] | We did the dirty work. | 脏活都是我们干的 |
[13:49] | She can’t take that from us. | 她不能从我们这里抢走 |
[13:52] | Oh, Hans, Val. | 汉斯 这是小薇 |
[13:53] | Val, Hans. | 小薇 这是汉斯 |
[13:57] | Fucking unbelievable. | 太不可理喻了 |
[14:16] | Tina’s having a party. | 蒂娜正在开派对 |
[14:19] | Where do you think I’m going? | 要不你觉得我是要去哪儿 |
[14:24] | Hey, so, um, I talked to Dad. | 那个 我跟爸爸谈了 |
[14:26] | And he said he’d pay for | 他说如果你支付 |
[14:28] | half of my tattoo removal | 我祛除文身一半的费用 |
[14:30] | if you paid for the other half. | 他就会出另一半 |
[14:34] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:36] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[14:37] | So that’s how he’s parenting now? | 所以这就是他现在的抚养方式 |
[14:39] | Just throwing money at a problem? | 用钱解决问题 |
[14:42] | Maybe he just wanted to do something nice. | 或许他只是想做些好事 |
[14:58] | Good night, Laura. | 晚安 劳拉 |
[14:59] | Night, Mom. | 晚安 妈 |
[15:21] | What? | 又怎么了 |
[15:22] | Oh, come on. | 得了 |
[15:24] | This isn’t even close to the worst thing I’ve done. | 这离我做过的最糟糕的事还远着呢 |
[15:27] | True. | 没错 |
[15:34] | It happened at night, 11:00, | 事情发生在晚上 十一点 |
[15:37] | 11:15. | 十一点十五 |
[15:39] | And it takes a while for people to get there. | 人们需要一点时间才能到 |
[15:44] | So we waited, | 所以我们就在那儿等着 |
[15:46] | the three of us. | 我们三个 |
[15:49] | And… | 然后 |
[15:51] | nobody really said anything, | 大家都没怎么说话 |
[15:56] | because, I mean, what do you say? | 因为 你能说些什么 |
[15:59] | And then some people showed up. | 然后有人到了 |
[16:01] | Paramedics, police. | 医护人员 警察 |
[16:04] | And they took some statements. | 然后他们录了口供 |
[16:06] | They looked around the house for a bit. | 他们在房子里四处看了一下 |
[16:08] | And… | 然后 |
[16:11] | then they picked him up and took him. | 然后他们把他抬起来 带走了 |
[16:13] | And then that was that. | 就是这样 |
[16:18] | He was gone. | 他不在了 |
[16:21] | Doesn’t sound that different from what he usually did. | 听起来和他一贯的作风没太大区别 |
[16:25] | Coming and going. | 来来去去 |
[16:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:31] | But the other times I knew he’d come back. | 但其他时候我知道他还会回来 |
[16:33] | You said you hated that. | 你说你反感这样 |
[16:36] | When he’d just show up. | 他突然出现 |
[16:38] | I did. | 是的 |
[16:40] | But then he came to me in his final moments. | 但是他在生命的最后时刻来找我了 |
[16:43] | He came to me when Mom ran away, | 当我妈离开的时候他找的是我 |
[16:46] | and now she wants him back, | 现在她想把他要回去 |
[16:47] | but she doesn’t deserve him. | 但是她配不上他 |
[16:50] | You mean she wants his ashes. | 你是说她想要他的骨灰 |
[16:52] | Sure. Exactly. | 当然 |
[16:54] | That’s not the same as wanting him. | 这和想要他不一样 |
[16:58] | It’s more like | 这更像是想要回 |
[17:00] | the memory of him. | 关于他的回忆 |
[17:02] | Are you saying she doesn’t deserve that? | 你觉得她没资格吗 |
[17:06] | Is there a reason why you’re holding on to them? | 你如此执着于留住他的骨灰有原因吗 |
[17:10] | Why you haven’t spread them? | 为什么你还没有把它们撒掉 |
[17:12] | I kept them because nobody else wanted them. | 我留着是因为别人都不要 |
[17:16] | Now someone does. | 现在有人要了 |
[17:46] | Hello. | 喂 |
[17:47] | How are you? | 最近怎么样 |
[17:49] | I’m not going to your father’s memorial | 我不会去你爸追悼会的 |
[17:51] | so you don’t have to worry about bumping into me. | 所以你不用担心会遇到我 |
[17:54] | Drew. | 德鲁 |
[17:55] | Did you need something? | 你需要什么吗 |
[17:59] | The… the plumber that we used to use | 我们以前的水管工 |
[18:01] | with the little portable boom box. | 就是那个总带着手提音响的家伙 |
[18:03] | Do you have his number? | 你有他的电话号码吗 |
[18:05] | I’ll text it to you. | 我短信发给你 |
[18:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:10] | Glad to be of service. | 很高兴为你服务 |
[18:14] | And, by the way, | 对了 |
[18:15] | about the tattoo thing. | 关于文身的事 |
[18:19] | I’ll split it with you, I… I just… | 我会跟你各出一半 我只是 |
[18:21] | think that’s something that you should have | 觉得这种事你应该 |
[18:22] | talked to me about first. | 事先跟我说一声 |
[18:26] | I didn’t say we’d split it. | 我没说要跟你各出一半 |
[18:28] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的? -是啊 |
[18:29] | I told her if she got a job, I’d pay for half. | 我跟她说 如果她找到工作我就出一半 |
[18:31] | Uh-huh, yeah. | 这样 |
[18:32] | Well, now she should get a job | 那现在她该找个工作 |
[18:34] | to pay for the whole thing, don’t you agree? | 承担全部花销了 你同意吧 |
[18:35] | – Yeah… yes, I agree. – Okay. | -是的 我同意 -好的 |
[18:38] | – I’m saying I agree. – Great. | -我说我同意 -好极了 |
[18:39] | – Okay. – Take care. | -好的 -保重 |
[18:40] | You too. | 你也是 |
[18:47] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[18:48] | Why would you lie to me about the tattoo? | 为什么要在文身的事上撒谎 |
[18:51] | Because I’m a teenager? | 因为我是青少年 |
[18:53] | Also, I figured you’d be busy | 还有 我以为你会忙着 |
[18:55] | dealing with your own stuff. | 处理自己那摊事儿 |
[18:58] | If you want it removed, | 如果你想把它去掉 |
[18:59] | you can earn the money yourself. | 你可以自己赚钱去 |
[19:02] | All of it. | 全部 |
[19:05] | Fine. | 去就去 |
[19:10] | Dad. | 爸 |
[19:12] | I don’t know if you can hear me, | 不知道你能不能听见我 |
[19:14] | but in the off chance | 不过 万一 |
[19:16] | you’re floating on a cloud with a harp and not | 你真的抱着个竖琴在云彩上飘着 |
[19:18] | toiling away in some sulfuric hellscape, | 而不是在充满硫磺的地狱里干苦力 |
[19:21] | I, um… | 我… |
[19:24] | Hans? | 汉斯 |
[19:26] | No. Do not get up. | 不 不要站起来 |
[19:28] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[19:29] | I no longer wish to stay here. | 我不想再住这里了 |
[19:32] | What? Wait. | 什么 等一下 |
[19:33] | No. | 别 |
[19:34] | Come on. I’m sorry. | 别这样 我错了 |
[19:35] | Stay. I’ll make you a waffle. | 留下来 我给你做个华夫饼 |
[19:38] | We’ll talk it out. | 我们把问题聊开 |
[19:41] | The tribes. | 部落 |
[19:42] | The tribes and the infighting. | 部落和内讧 |
[19:44] | That is my answer. | 这就是我的答案 |
[19:46] | What? | 什么 |
[19:47] | Auf Wiedersehen. | 再见 |
[20:00] | Oh, hey. Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[20:01] | Hans left early. Can you believe it? | 汉斯提前离开了 你能相信吗 |
[20:04] | He’s gonna kill my host rating. | 他会拉低我的房东评分的 |
[20:05] | I may need you to write some fake reviews. | 我可能需要你们帮我写点假评价了 |
[20:07] | Alex, what the fuck? | 艾利克斯 你搞什么 |
[20:10] | Oh. Right, um. I talked to Jennifer. | 对了 我跟珍妮弗聊过了 |
[20:14] | And she said it’s not like we’re actually giving Dad to Mom. | 她说这不是真的把老爸交给老妈 |
[20:17] | It’s more like we’re just | 而更像是我们 |
[20:18] | transferring his memory to someone who needs it. | 把关于他的记忆转给需要的人 |
[20:21] | You didn’t think I’d want a say in that? | 你就没觉得我可能有不同意见吗 |
[20:23] | Do you? | 你有吗 |
[20:25] | Yes. | 有 |
[20:26] | We talked about it. | 我们已经聊过这件事了 |
[20:27] | What… at dinner? | 什么 晚饭的时候吗 |
[20:30] | With the pencil set? I… I thought we were doing a bit. | 说做成铅笔那会儿 我以为咱俩开玩笑呢 |
[20:33] | God. Even when I’m gone, you manage to punish me. | 天啊 即便我走了 你都能惩罚我 |
[20:36] | Darlings. | 亲爱的 |
[20:38] | You don’t know how much this means to me. | 你们不知道这对我意义有多大 |
[20:41] | Your presence is a kind and thoughtful gesture. | 你们的到来是多么善良和体贴 |
[20:45] | And… and this must be… | 这一定是 |
[20:49] | Oh, Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[20:51] | How wonderful to hold you in my arms again. | 能再次拥你入怀真好 |
[20:54] | Laura, will you come and help me find a place for him? | 劳拉 你能来帮我选个地方安置他吗 |
[20:57] | You can fill me in on everything I’ve missed. | 你可以给我讲讲那些我错过的事情 |
[21:00] | Where to begin? | 那可长了 |
[21:40] | N… no. | 不 不 |
[21:42] | No no no. | 不不不 |
[21:52] | Hey. Tina. | 你好 蒂娜 |
[21:53] | Yes, hi, it’s Valerie. | 你好 我是薇拉莉 |
[21:57] | Y-yes. O-okay. | 是的 |
[22:00] | Um, I don’t care where your handyman is. | 我不管你的修理工在什么地方 |
[22:02] | Hire a plumber and have him fix my fucking sink | 在我到家之前找一个水管工 |
[22:05] | before I get home, okay? | 然后修好我那该死的水槽 好吗 |
[22:07] | That is your job. That is what you signed up for. | 这是你的工作 你做房东的义务 |
[22:09] | And you don’t get to just check out because | 你不能说不管就不管 |
[22:10] | you don’t feel like doing the work, okay? | 就因为你不想干活 好吗 |
[22:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[22:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:49] | Your mom’s pretty mad at me, huh? | 你妈很生我的气吧 |
[22:52] | Indeed. | 的确 |
[22:55] | Is she not doing well? | 她最近过得不好吗 |
[22:58] | She’s the same, | 她还是老样子 |
[23:00] | but worse. | 不过更糟 |
[23:03] | How ’bout you? | 那你呢 |
[23:06] | You know, people always ask me that, | 大家总是这么问我 |
[23:07] | and I don’t think they really want to hear the answer. | 我觉得他们并不想知道答案 |
[23:12] | That’s mostly true. | 通常是这样的 |
[23:15] | I need a job. | 我需要一个工作 |
[23:17] | Me too. | 我也需要 |
[23:19] | Well, maybe we could work together. | 也许我们可以一起工作 |
[23:23] | If I see a listing for a high school student | 如果我看到一个给高中生和 |
[23:25] | and a failed entrepreneur, I’ll let you know. | 失败企业家的招聘目录 我会告诉你的 |
[23:26] | Well, technically, I’m not even in high school. | 严格来说 我没有在上高中 |
[23:29] | Even better. | 那更棒了 |
[23:36] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[23:53] | You know, this is hard for me too. | 这对我来说也很艰难 |
[23:57] | It’s new and it’s different | 一切都是新鲜不同的 |
[24:00] | and I’m trying to be okay with it, | 我还在努力适应 |
[24:02] | but sometimes I just want to call you | 有时候我就是想给你打电话 |
[24:05] | and tell you everything and then I remember that I shouldn’t. | 把什么事都告诉你 然后我想到我不该这么做 |
[24:10] | Just because we don’t live together | 就因为我们没有住在一起 |
[24:11] | doesn’t mean we can’t talk. | 并不意味着我们不能说话 |
[24:16] | I’m sorry about the ashes. | 骨灰的事我很抱歉 |
[24:22] | His last words to me were, | 他最后对我说的话是 |
[24:26] | “Sorry we weren’t closer, but maybe it’s for the best.” | “抱歉我们没能更亲近 但也许这样最好” |
[24:32] | What is that? I mean, that’s not closure. | 这算什么 这不是了结 |
[24:34] | That’s… that’s something you say to a stranger. | 对陌生人才会这么说 |
[24:39] | His last words to me were, | 他最后对我说的话是 |
[24:40] | “You have your sister, | “你还拥有你的姐姐 |
[24:44] | and that’s a real love.” | 那是真正的爱” |
[24:52] | Well. | 好吧 |
[24:54] | Wish I’d been around when he said that. | 真希望他说这话的时候我在场 |
[24:55] | That would have been a better memory. | 那会是一段更美好的记忆 |
[25:02] | Come gather round. | 大家集合下 |
[25:03] | I’d like to say a few words. | 我有一些话想说 |
[25:10] | Save my seat. | 替我看下座位 |
[25:19] | Are you drinking? | 你在喝酒吗 |
[25:23] | Yes? | 是的 |
[25:25] | Can I have some? | 可以让我喝一点吗 |
[25:30] | Thank you all for coming. | 感谢大家的到来 |
[25:32] | I know Charles would be overjoyed | 我知道查尔斯会很高兴看到 |
[25:35] | to see such a collection of friends and family. | 这么多的朋友家人齐聚一堂 |
[25:39] | While we weren’t always together, | 我们并不总是在一起 |
[25:42] | we were in the times that counted most. | 但是我们在一起的时刻总是重要的 |
[25:46] | The trips around the world. | 环游世界的旅程 |
[25:49] | The long nights spent in each other’s arms. | 在彼此怀抱中度过的漫漫长夜 |
[25:54] | Charles was a special man. | 查尔斯是一个特别的人 |
[25:57] | He was a man of particular taste and temperament. | 他是一个有着独特品味和性情的人 |
[26:01] | While he had his detractors, | 尽管有人诋毁他 |
[26:04] | he was always true to himself. | 他总是忠于自我 |
[26:06] | Where are your shoes? | 你的鞋呢 |
[26:07] | A quality I will forever cherish. | 一个我会永远铭记的品质 |
[26:09] | Check your bag. | 快看你的包 |
[26:11] | But perhaps the thing I’ll remember most about Charles | 但也许关于查尔斯我记得最深的会是 |
[26:15] | is his selflessness, | 他的无私 |
[26:17] | his sense of charity. | 他的仁慈 |
[26:21] | You didn’t. | 你不会吧 |
[26:24] | We’ll keep the memories for ourselves. | 我们把记忆留给自己 |
[26:26] | For him to take me in, | 他接纳了我 |
[26:29] | a single pregnant woman, | 一个怀孕的单身女人 |
[26:33] | and raise my daughter as his own, | 把我的女儿视如己出 |
[26:37] | that speaks to his depth | 这体现了他的博爱 |
[26:40] | and preponderance of character. | 以及人格的优势 |
[26:44] | And for that, our family will be eternally grateful. | 为此 我们一家会永远感激他 |
[26:58] | S… | 抱… |
[27:00] | I’m s… I’m sorry. | 抱…抱歉 |