英文名称:In the Heat of the Night
年代:1967
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:44] | In the heat of the night | 在这炎热的夜晚 |
[00:53] | Seems like a cold sweat creepin’ across my brow | 我的心中升起一丝凉意 |
[01:00] | Yeah | 耶~ |
[01:03] | In the heat of the night | 在这炎热的夜晚 |
[01:12] | I’m feelin’ motherless somehow | 我感到莫名的无助 |
[01:21] | Stars with evil eyes | 邪恶之眼在闪烁 |
[01:27] | Stare from the skies | 在天空上凝视 |
[01:31] | All mean and bright | 光明总会来到 |
[01:38] | Ain’t a woman yet been born | 临产的女人也不想生产 |
[01:47] | Knows how to make the mornin’ come | 渴望黎明的到来 |
[01:56] | It’s so hard to keep control | 一切都难以控制 |
[02:02] | When I could sell my soul | 当我出卖灵魂之时 |
[02:06] | For just a little light | 却只为那一点点光明 |
[02:08] | In the heat of the night | 在这炎热的夜晚 |
[02:13] | In the heat of the night | 在这炎热的夜晚 |
[02:22] | I’ve got trouble wall- to- wall | 我四处碰壁 |
[02:28] | Oh yes, I have | 噢 是的 我拥有 |
[02:31] | I repeat | 我重复着 |
[02:34] | I repeat, in the night | 我重复着 在这夜里 |
[02:40] | Must be an ending to it all | 必须结束这一切 |
[02:49] | But hold on | 只要坚持 |
[02:51] | it won’t be long | 它不会长久 |
[02:55] | Just you be strong | 只要你坚强 |
[02:58] | And it’ll be all right | 一切都会好的 |
[03:01] | In the heat of the night | 在这炎热夜晚 |
[03:16] | Where you keepin’ the pie tonight? | 今晚你把蛋糕藏哪里了 |
[03:21] | man ate the last piece just before you come in. | 就在你进来之前 最后一块已经卖完了 |
[03:29] | What’s that little old orphan sittin’ right up there? | 那小破罩子下面是什么东西 |
[03:34] | Marble cake. | 云石蛋糕 |
[03:39] | Tell you what, Sam. | 我说 山姆 |
[03:41] | Bein’ she’s in there by her little old lonesome, | 与其让她在那独守空房 |
[03:43] | I’ll let you have her for free. | 不如免费送你吃 |
[03:45] | I told you ’bout that ‘Sam’ business,didn’t I Hm? | 我告诉你 不许再叫我山姆 知道不 |
[03:49] | I’m sorry, Mr. Wood. | 不好意思 伍德先生 |
[03:50] | I mean, uh, Officer Wood. | 我是说 伍德警官 |
[04:40] | Well, a bow- legged Polly and a knocked- kneed Paul | 嗯 罗圈腿的波利和八字腿的保罗 |
[04:43] | A bow- legged Polly and a knocked- kneed Paul | 罗圈腿的波利和八字腿的保罗 |
[04:46] | A bow- legged Polly and a knocked- kneed Paul | 罗圈腿的波利和八字腿的保罗 |
[04:48] | They can’t get together at all | 他们不能在一起 |
[04:50] | Just like the worm in the cornfield said to his brother | 就像玉米田中的蠕虫对他兄弟说 |
[04:54] | ”Yeah, go in one ear and out the other” | “是的 左耳进右耳出” |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1122个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:146个,六级词汇:52个,GRE词汇:68个,托福词汇:102个,考研词汇:163个,专四词汇:122个,专八词汇:15个, 所有生词标注共:292个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:09] | Well, a bucktoothed Clara and a cross- eyed Clyde | 嗯 龅牙的克拉拉和斗鸡眼的克莱德 |
[05:12] | A bucktoothed Clara and a cross- eyed Clyde | 龅牙的克拉拉和斗鸡眼的克莱德 |
[05:15] | Like old bow- legged Polly and a knock- kneed Paul | 喜欢老罗圈腿的波利和八字脚的保罗 |
[06:28] | Every time I see your face | 每次当看到你的脸 |
[06:31] | It’s got a way of turn in me around | 我想拥抱你入怀 |
[06:36] | I forget the time and place | 忘记一切时空 |
[06:39] | Has nothing else but you | 除了你我一无所有 |
[06:41] | And what you do | 而你做了什么 |
[06:45] | You tune me in, pretty baby | 你抱着我 漂亮宝贝 |
[06:50] | Wild things begin | 春心萌动 |
[06:51] | Baby, that ain’t love | 宝贝 那不是爱 |
[06:55] | But it sure is groovy | 这真的很奇妙 |
[06:59] | Yes, it sure is groovy | 是的 这很奇妙 |
[07:04] | Talk about groovy | 说到奇妙 |
[07:08] | You’re outta sight, pretty baby | 你没看见 漂亮宝贝 |
[07:12] | It feels so right | 感觉真好 |
[07:14] | Baby, that ain ‘t love | 宝贝 那不是爱 |
[07:18] | But it sure is groovy | 这真的很奇妙 |
[07:22] | Yes, it sure is groovy | 是的 这很奇妙 |
[07:48] | And what you do | 而你做了什么 |
[07:53] | You got it made, pretty baby | 你做的 漂亮宝贝 |
[07:56] | Still, I’m afraid, baby | 我在担心 宝贝 |
[07:59] | That ain’t Ic ye | 那不是我的错 |
[08:02] | But it sure is groovy | 这真的很奇妙 |
[08:06] | It’s Colbert, all right. | 这是科尔伯特 |
[08:07] | Skull’s caved in. | 头骨凹陷 |
[08:13] | Ever take a homicide picture before, son? | 小子 有拍过凶杀案相片吗 |
[08:15] | Well, at least he won’t be movin’ on us. | 当然 至少他不会向我扑过来吧 |
[08:17] | That’s for sure. | 废话 |
[08:18] | I want you to cover every angle. | 我要你从每个角度都要 |
[08:20] | Do you hear me? Every angle. | 拍 你听到没 每个角度 |
[08:21] | – Get goin’. – Yes, sir. | – 去吧 – 是 先生 |
[08:23] | Uh, you boys move on back now. Okay? | 各位 请退后一点 好吗 |
[08:25] | Came all this way to build us a factory, | 他老远跑来开了一间工厂 |
[08:29] | make somethin’ out of this town. | 令我们的城镇回复生气 |
[08:32] | Look what it got him. | 而他却获得如此收场 |
[08:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:40] | Sam. | 山姆 |
[08:42] | Did he have a wallet? Identification? Anything like that? | 找到钱包或身份证之类的东西吗 |
[08:44] | That’s the first thing I looked for, Chief, | 检查过了 警长 |
[08:46] | but whoever fixed him must’ve took it. | 歹徒掠走一切 |
[08:48] | Nothin’. | 什么也没有 |
[08:51] | – Any witnesses? – l mean, not even a cat. | – 有证人吗 – 我看连猫也没路过 |
[08:56] | How long has he been dead? | 他死了多久 |
[08:58] | Oh, less than an hour. | 不足一小时 |
[09:00] | – Less than an hour. – Maybe half that. | – 不足一小时 – 大概半小时 |
[09:04] | Maybe half. | 可能半小时 |
[09:10] | Could’ve been a hitchhiker. | 有可能是过路人所为吗 |
[09:12] | You check both ends of town. | 搜查一下镇的两头 |
[09:13] | You check the depot, you check the pool hall. Okay? | 还有车站和台球馆 |
[09:16] | Uh, pool hall closes at one o’clock, Chief. | 台球馆在一点时就关门了 警长 |
[09:18] | – l said check it, Sam. – Yes, sir. | – 我说快去 山姆 – 明白 警长 |
[10:40] | On your feet, boy. | 小子 站起来 |
[10:48] | I mean now! | 现在就站起来 |
[10:59] | Against that wall. Get them hands high! | 转过身去 把手放墙上 |
[11:01] | You spread them fingers. I wanna count all ten. | 手指张开 十根手指我都要看到 |
[11:07] | Yeah, you move ‘fore I tell you to, boy… | 别乱动 小子 |
[11:11] | by God, I’m gonna clean your plow. | 以上帝的名义 我得检查一下 |
[11:37] | That’s pretty fat there, ain’t it, boy? | 钱不少啊 小子 |
[11:40] | Huh? | 恩 |
[11:44] | Now, outside there’s a police car. | 现在外面有辆警车 |
[11:47] | You gonna pick up that bag, | 你拿起包 |
[11:49] | you’re gonna walk out, you gon’ plant yourself in the back, | 慢慢出去 坐到后座上 |
[11:52] | and you’re gonna be a real nice, quiet boy all the way in. | 做个又乖又安静的小伙子 |
[11:57] | You hear? | 听到了吗 |
[12:18] | Come on, boy. | 来吧 小伙子 |
[12:21] | Move it! | 快点 |
[12:35] | Chief here? | 警长在吗 |
[12:38] | – Hey, what’s up, Sam? – Chief? | – 嘿 做什么呀 山姆 – 警长 |
[12:40] | What’s goin’ on? | 做什么呀 |
[12:42] | Sam? | 山姆 |
[13:17] | – Wood. – Yes, sir? | – 伍德 – 是 警长 |
[13:19] | When’s the last time I asked Courtney | 我上次叫考尼尔 |
[13:21] | to get oil for this damn thing? | 给这玩意上油是何时 |
[13:24] | Uh, last Wednesday. | 恩 上星期三 |
[13:26] | Would you be kind enough to go outside | 你可以好心地到外面去 |
[13:28] | and remind him what day it is today? | 提醒他今天是什么日子吗 |
[13:31] | Well, uh, how about the prisoner here? | 好的 那 这犯人呢 |
[13:35] | Don’t you worry ’bout him. | 不用你操心 |
[13:37] | Got a name, boy? | 你叫什么 小伙子 |
[13:40] | Virgil Tibbs. | 维吉·锑伯斯 |
[13:43] | Virgil. | 维吉 |
[13:46] | Well… | 好吧 |
[13:49] | I don’t think we’re gonna have any trouble, | 我不认为我们会有什么麻烦 |
[13:50] | are we, Virgil? | 是不是 维吉? |
[13:53] | No trouble at all. | 一点问题也没有 |
[14:03] | Oh, you can go now, Sam. | 山姆 你可以走了 |
[14:05] | Yes, sir. | 是 警长 |
[14:12] | What’d you hit him with? | 你用什么打得他 |
[14:14] | Hit whom? | 打谁 |
[14:16] | “Whom”? | “谁” |
[14:18] | “Whom.” What are you? Are you a Northern boy? | “谁” 你干什么的 你是北方人 |
[14:20] | What’s a Northern boy like you doin’ all the way down here? | 像你这样的北方人 来这里干吗 |
[14:23] | I was waiting for the train. | 我正等着火车 |
[14:25] | Well, now, there ain’t no trains this time of mornin’. | 但是这么早没有火车啊 |
[14:27] | Tuesdays only. 4:05 to Memphis. | 周二4:05去孟斐斯 |
[14:30] | You say. | 你说的 |
[14:37] | Well… All right. You say right. | 好吧 你说得对 |
[14:51] | All right… Virgil. | 好吧 维吉 |
[14:56] | Oh! | 噢 |
[14:58] | Now, look. | 你看 |
[15:03] | I try to run a nice, clean, safe town here. | 我努力让这个镇和平安定 |
[15:06] | A town where a man can sneeze and not get his brains beat out. | 在这镇里 我不想有人惹事生非 |
[15:10] | – You follow me? – Yes. | – 你明白吗 – 明白 |
[15:14] | Why don’t you tell me how you killed Mr. Colbert, | 何不从实招了 你是怎么杀了科尔伯特先生的 |
[15:17] | and I promise you you’re gonna feel a whole lot better. | 那样 你会感觉好很多 |
[15:22] | Not now! | 不是现在 |
[15:39] | I was visiting my mother. | 我是来探访我母亲的 |
[15:42] | I came in on the 12:35 from Brownsville. | 我从布朗斯维尔坐12:35的火车来的 |
[15:45] | I was waiting to go out…on the 4:05. | 我在等4:05的车回去 |
[15:53] | Mm- hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[16:05] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[16:07] | Meanwhile, you just killed yourself a white man, | 然后 你顺路杀了个白人 |
[16:09] | just about the most important white man we got around here, | 我们这最重要的白人 |
[16:11] | and picked yourself up a couple hundred dollars. | 给自己赚个几百元 |
[16:13] | I earned that money, | 这钱是我自己挣的 |
[16:14] | ten hours a day, seven days a week. | 每天工作10小时 每周工作7天 |
[16:16] | Colored can’t earn that kinda money, boy. | 黑人根本赚不到这么多钱 |
[16:17] | Hell, that’s more than I make in a month. | 那比我月薪还多 |
[16:18] | Now, where did you earn it? | 你从哪挣来的 |
[16:21] | – Philadelphia. – Mississippi? | – 费城 – 密西西比 |
[16:23] | Pennsylvania. | 宾夕法尼亚州 |
[16:25] | Now, just what do you do up there in little ol’ Pennsylvania, | 你在宾夕法尼亚州那小地方 |
[16:26] | earn that kinda money? | 做什么工作会有这样高的薪酬 |
[16:27] | I’m a police officer. | 我是警察 |
[17:08] | Oh, yeah. | 噢 是的 |
[17:22] | – Wood! – Yes, sir! | – 伍德 – 在 警长 |
[17:26] | Did you question this man before you brought him in? | 你有向他问过话吗 |
[17:28] | No, sir. | 没有 警长 |
[17:33] | Would you mind takin’ a look at that? | 你自己看看吧 |
[17:39] | Yeah! Oh, yeah! | 耶 噢 耶 |
[17:45] | lAll right. I’ll check on this wise city boy from Philadelphia. | 好吧 我去查查这位费城来的 |
[17:48] | l- You’ll take him outside and hold him. – Yes, sir. | – 你带他出去看住了 – 是 警长 |
[17:51] | May I suggest that you call my chief | 我建议你打电话给我的警长 |
[17:53] | rather than send a wire or anything. | 不要电报之类的 |
[17:55] | I mean, it would be quicker. | 那样会快一点 |
[17:58] | And I’ll pay for the call. | 我会付电话费的 |
[18:00] | Did you hear him? Did you hear him say he’d pay for the call? | 你听到他说他会付电话费了吗 |
[18:03] | How much do they pay you to do their police work? | 做他们的警察 他们付多少钱给你 |
[18:07] | $162.39 per week. | 周薪162.39美元 |
[18:11] | $162.39 a week. | 一周162.39美元 |
[18:15] | Well, boy! | 哦 小子 |
[18:17] | You take him outside, Wood, but treat him easy. | 带他出去 伍德 好好待他 |
[18:20] | Because a man that makes$162.39 a week, man, | 那可是一周挣162.39美元的男人 |
[18:24] | we do not want to ruffle him! | 我们可得罪不起他 |
[18:27] | No, sir. | 不会的 警长 |
[18:38] | Courtney. | 考尼尔 |
[18:40] | Would you try and get me long distance? | 你帮我接个长途电话 |
[18:53] | [Courtney]Police business, honey. Chief’s on the line. | 警务事宜 警长在线 |
[18:57] | Oh, no, sirree, boy. He catch you listenin’ in, | 别 要被他捉到你在偷听 |
[18:59] | he’ll run your butt around the block. | 他会踢烂你的屁股 |
[19:01] | – He don’t panic me none. – Well… | – 他捉不到我的 – 不 |
[19:05] | – Where’s the chief? – Ah, Charlie. | – 警长在哪 – 啊 查利 |
[19:07] | You got the pictures of the dead man there, huh? | 你洗了那死人的照片了 |
[19:08] | Sure do. | 是的 |
[19:09] | I got him top, bottom, sideways, you name it. | 上 下 左 右 什么都有 |
[19:12] | Good. I’ll take ’em, son. | 好吧 我替你拿进去 |
[19:13] | Well, I wanna give ’em to the chief. | 不必啦 我自己拿给警长 |
[19:15] | l said I’d take ’em, Charlie. | 我说我来拿 查利 |
[19:16] | Do like he tells ya, Charlie. | 依山姆的吧 查利 |
[19:19] | Well, somebody owes me some money for those. | 这些照片得有人付钱 |
[19:21] | I had to buy paper and film and developin’. | 我得买相纸 胶卷和显影液 |
[19:24] | Yeah, well, that’s all right, Charlie. | 好的 没问题 查理 |
[19:26] | You just bill the department. | 只要是公务账单 |
[19:27] | Everything will be taken care of. | 一切都没问题的 |
[19:30] | God Almighty. | 天啊 |
[19:32] | Sure looks bad. | 他死的真惨 |
[19:36] | May I see the man I’m supposed to have killed? | 我可以看看那个假定被我杀死的被害人吗 |
[19:40] | Sure. I don’t know why not. | 好吧 我没理由不给你 |
[19:44] | Hey, Sam, he’s finished talkin’. | 山姆 他说完了 |
[19:50] | Here’s the photos of the dead man, Chief. | 这是那死者的相片 警长 |
[19:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:54] | I got your chief on the phone. | 电话里是你的警长 |
[19:55] | He wants to talk to you. | 他想跟你说话 |
[20:04] | Hello. Yes, sir. | 喂 是的 警长 |
[20:05] | I’m sorry to have gotten you involved in this. | 很抱歉把你牵扯进来 |
[20:08] | I really had no choice. | 我真的别无选择 |
[20:12] | Mm- hmm. Yes, sir. | 是的 警长 |
[20:15] | Oh, you can’t be serious, sir. | 你不会说真的吧 警长 |
[20:16] | I mean, even if I could be of some help, | 我是说 就算我想帮忙 |
[20:19] | they wouldn’t want it. | 他们也不会要我帮 |
[20:22] | No, sir, I- I’m not prejudiced. | 不是 警长 我没有偏见 |
[20:26] | Yes, sir, I-I’m a police officer | 是的 警长 我是警察 |
[20:28] | and they’re police officers, but… | 他们也是 不过… |
[20:37] | Hello, this is Gillespie. | 是 我是加斯比 |
[20:38] | Yes, sir, yes. Well, I… | 是 警长 是的 好… |
[20:41] | You don’t say. | 不会吧 |
[20:43] | He’s your number one homicide expert. | 他是你们头号破案专家 |
[20:46] | Well, my, my, my. | 好 我 我 我 |
[20:48] | Well, I don’t think we need any help though. | 我想没有这必要 |
[20:50] | I think we can wrap this thing up ourselves. | 我们会自己处理的 |
[20:52] | Yes, sir, but I do wanna thank you | 是的 警长 首先要多谢你 |
[20:54] | for offerin’ me such a powerful piece of manpower as Virgil Tibbs. | 为我提供像维吉·锑伯斯这么强的人 |
[20:59] | Yes, sir. Thank you. | 是 警长 谢谢 |
[21:00] | Yeah. Good- bye now. | 是 再见 |
[21:05] | Oh, it’s all there. We paid for the phone call ourselves. | 都在那里了 我们自己付的电话费 |
[21:14] | Well, now, you are the… | 那么 你是… |
[21:15] | you are the number one homicide expert. | 你是他们的头号破案专家 |
[21:17] | That’s right. | 是 |
[21:18] | Boy, I betyou getto look at a lot of dead bodies, don’t you? | 那你经常验尸吧 |
[21:21] | Lots. | 经常 |
[21:23] | Well… | 那么 |
[21:27] | “Well” what? | 那么 什么 |
[21:28] | Well, I…No, I just thought maybe, uh… | 那么 我只是想可能 恩… |
[21:32] | maybe you wouldn’t mind takin’ a look at this one. | 你不会介意看看这具尸体吧 |
[21:34] | No, thanks. | 不 谢谢 |
[21:36] | – Well, why not, expert? – Because I’ve got a train to catch. | – 为什么 专家 – 因为我要赶火车 |
[21:40] | Now, wait a minute. That train don’t leave till 12 o’clock noon! | 等等 那列火车到中午才开出 |
[21:43] | Look, they pay you$162.39 a week just to look at bodies. | 他们每周付你162.39美元只是看看尸体 |
[21:46] | Why can’t you look at this one? | 你多看一具又何妨 |
[21:47] | Why can’t you look at it for yourself? | 为什么你不自己去看 |
[21:49] | Because I’m not an expert… | 因为我不是专家啊 |
[21:52] | Officer. | 警官先生 |
[22:02] | Ten cents, ten million dollars. | 十美分 一千万美元 |
[22:06] | Just doesn’t matter when a man’s time comes. | 对一个死人来说都没用了 |
[22:08] | Mm- hmm. | 恩 哼 |
[22:10] | You know, I could give him a nicer service right here in Sparta | 在斯巴达 我可以把他搞得更好一点 |
[22:13] | than he could ever get up there in Chicago. | 比他在芝加哥搞得好 |
[22:15] | And at half the price too. | 而价格只要一半 |
[22:17] | l got a rosewood casket out there… | 外面有个紫檀棺材 |
[22:22] | Ted Ulam, Chief. We haven’t had the pleasure. | 泰德·乌兰 警长 我们表示哀悼 |
[22:25] | That’s for sure. | 是的 |
[22:29] | He’s with me. | 他跟我一起的 |
[22:33] | Hello, Doc. | 你好 医生 |
[22:37] | Yep. | 恩 |
[22:46] | Well… | 好 |
[22:49] | Uh… | 恩 |
[22:51] | you wanna look at it? | 你想过来看看吗 |
[23:21] | New manicure. That’s good. | 新修的指甲 非常好 |
[23:29] | That’s very good. | 非常好 |
[23:47] | – I’ll need a few things. – Such as? | – 我需要少量的工具 – 比如 |
[23:50] | Ammonium hydrosulfide, | 铵氢硫化物 |
[23:52] | benzedine, superoxide of hydrogen… | 联苯胺 氢过氧化物 |
[23:57] | copper powder, distilled water… | 铜粉 蒸馏水 |
[24:10] | a six- inch celluloid scale… | 一个6英寸赛璐璐量具 |
[24:14] | a thermometer… | 温度计 |
[24:16] | some tweezers… | 一些镊子 |
[24:20] | calipers… | 卡钳 |
[24:21] | and some toothpicks. | 和一些牙签 |
[24:23] | Toothpicks? Copper? What’s goin’ on here, Chief? | 牙签 铜 这是在做什么 警长 |
[24:26] | Who is this boy anyway? | 这位是谁 |
[24:28] | I asked him to look at the body. That’s who he is. | 我让他来验尸 他就是来干这的 |
[24:31] | It’s 4:45. What time was this man killed? | 现在是4:45 这人是什么时间死的 |
[24:34] | Well, Sam Wood found him on the street about 3:00 a.m. | 山姆是3:00发现他的 |
[24:36] | The doctor here says it’s possible he was killed an hour earlier. | 医生说 可能是在那一小时前被杀的 |
[24:40] | At 2:00? | 那是说2:00 |
[24:41] | Maybe a little later… | 也许还要晚一点 |
[24:43] | 2:15, 2:30. | 2:15或2:30 |
[24:46] | Would you feel the face and jaw, please? | 能来摸下他的脸部和颚部吗 |
[24:49] | Am I mistaken, or has rigor begun? | 是我搞错了 还是已经僵硬了 |
[24:52] | It has. | 它是 |
[24:56] | You’ll notice, too, | 你也会注意到 |
[24:56] | that postmortem lividity is present here in the lower portions. | 尸斑已经出现了 |
[24:59] | So the time of death really has to be earlier, wouldn’t you say? | 他死亡时间应是更早 对吗 |
[25:05] | Well, we’ll be able to pinpoint that as soon as I get a thermometer. | 量一下他的体温便可清楚 |
[25:09] | As you know, the loss of heat from the brain | 你知道的 测量脑部温度的降低 |
[25:11] | is the most reliable way of determining time of death. | 是对于确认死亡时间最可靠的方法 |
[25:16] | Right, Chief? | 对吗 警长 |
[25:20] | Oh, yeah. | 当然啦 |
[25:25] | Well… | 那么… |
[25:29] | which one of you gentlemen will assist me? | 这里哪位会协助我呢 |
[25:42] | Ulams- – | 乌拉姆殡仪馆 |
[25:43] | It’s for you, Chief. | 警长 你的电话 |
[25:48] | Yeah, talk to me. | 是我 请说 |
[25:50] | When? | 什么时候 |
[25:53] | Oh, good. Yeah, yeah, right away. | 噢 太好了 是 是 马上来 |
[25:54] | I’ve got a runaway suspect. Boy, I gotta go. | 有个疑犯正在逃走 我先走 |
[25:58] | Now, listen, you. | 听着 |
[25:59] | Anything he wants, man, you better see that he gets it. | 他要什么 你们都要帮手 |
[26:06] | Where can I wash my hands? | 在哪里洗手 |
[27:10] | Come on! Come on, get up here! | 加油 快点 上来 |
[27:20] | He can’t run! There you go! | 他跑不了 你快点 |
[27:31] | Come on now, dogs! Go! | 快点 狗 去吧 |
[27:33] | – Hyah! Hyah! – Hyah! | – 哈 哈 – 哈 |
[27:43] | This here is Shagbag, you hear? | 这里是薛格白格 你听到没 |
[27:46] | He’s headed for the river. | 他向河那边去了 |
[27:48] | The river, you hear? | 是河边 你听到没 |
[27:49] | He’s gonna be in Arkansas. | 他朝着阿肯色州方向去了 |
[27:52] | Oh, shoot. | 操 |
[28:01] | Go! Go! | 去吧 去吧 |
[29:37] | Okay. I got him. | 好了 我捉到他了 |
[30:46] | Mrs. Colbert. | 科尔伯特太太 |
[30:49] | How is she taking it? | 她知道了吗 |
[30:51] | Chief had to leave ‘fore she got here. | 警长不在 |
[30:52] | She don’t even know it yet. | 她还不知道 |
[31:01] | Hey, you can’t go in there, boy! | 嘿 你不能进去的 小伙子 |
[31:08] | Mrs. Colbert? | 科尔伯特太太 |
[31:10] | Where’s my husband? | 我丈夫在哪里 |
[31:12] | What’s happened to him? | 他怎么了 |
[31:14] | Why won’t anybody here tell me what’s happened to him? | 为什么没人告诉我他怎么了 |
[31:17] | Why won’t anybody here tell me what’s happened to him? | 为什么这里的人什么也不说 |
[31:19] | I have a right to know if he’s hurt, if he’s been in an accident. | 就算他受伤了 我也有权知道 |
[31:22] | I want to know if my husband is all right. | 他出意外 我要知道他还好吗 |
[31:24] | Your husband is dead, Mrs. Colbert. | 你丈夫死了 科尔伯特太太 |
[31:31] | Somebody killed him. | 有人杀了他 |
[31:34] | We don’t know who yet. | 目前还没找到凶手 |
[31:49] | No. | 不 |
[31:59] | It’s… | 这… |
[32:03] | It’s very hot in here. | 这里太热了 |
[32:06] | It’s very hot in this room. | 这屋里太热了 |
[32:13] | Sit down. | 请坐下吧 |
[32:16] | No. | 不 |
[32:42] | Would you… | 你… |
[32:47] | Would you… | 你… |
[32:50] | leave me alone for a few minutes, please? | 请让我单独呆一会 好吗 |
[33:46] | Well, Virgil, we don’t need you or your microscopes anymore. | 维吉 我们不需要你了 |
[33:49] | You can tell that to your chief. | 给你警长打电话吧 |
[33:50] | We don’t need him or you. | 我们不需要他 包括你 |
[33:53] | – For the last time… – Mrs. Colbert’s in there. | – 最后一次 – 科尔伯特太太在里面 |
[33:57] | – I’ve already told her. – l see. | – 我已经告诉她了 – 知道了 |
[34:00] | Here’s the examination results from Ulam’s. | 这是在乌拉姆殡仪馆的化验结果 |
[34:03] | Do you wanna know what I found? | 你想知道我找到什么了吗 |
[34:04] | No. I don’t need to look at ’em now. | 不 现在我没必要知道了 |
[34:07] | May I examine this prisoner? | 我能看看这个犯人吗 |
[34:10] | Yeah, you can look at him. | 好 你可以看他 |
[34:11] | Come on, let him look. Go on. | 来吧 让他看 继续 |
[34:35] | All right now, steady! | 好了 现在站好了 |
[34:39] | You finished? | 你看完了没 |
[34:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:46] | All right, Fryer, bring him with me. | 好了 弗莱尔 带他进来 |
[34:48] | Come on, Harvey. | 来吧 哈维 |
[34:54] | Now we grindin’ corn! | 这次我们立功啦 |
[34:55] | Hey, Court, you shoulda been there! | 你也应当去的 |
[34:57] | If it hadn’t been for them ol’ radios, | 要是没有无线电 |
[34:58] | we sure would’ve lost him goin’ over that bridge. | 在河边就让那小子跑了 |
[35:00] | Yeah! | 是啊 |
[35:01] | That ol’ boy highballin’ that freight train like to cut us off. | 这家伙想追上火车甩掉我们 |
[35:03] | Yeah, and ol’ Charlie’s hound dog | 还有老查利的猎犬 |
[35:05] | got loose about right that time… | 差点追丢他… |
[35:06] | – Did he confess? – Huh? | – 他认罪了吗 – 什么 |
[35:08] | The man you arrested. Did he confess? | 你捉到的人认罪了吗 |
[35:12] | Well, I believe he will. | 会的 我相信他会的 |
[35:13] | Yes, sirree, I believe he will. | 是的 先生 我相信他会的 |
[35:16] | l believe he will. | 我相信他会的 |
[35:19] | – He’s left- handed, isn’t he? – How would I know? | – 他是左撇子吗 – 我怎么知道 |
[35:22] | Well, he seemed left- handed to me. | 嗯 我看他似乎是左撇子 |
[35:24] | – Uh- huh. – l believe Harvey is a southpaw. | – 嗯 – 我认为哈维是一个左撇子 |
[35:28] | Now, ain’t he, Shagbag? | 是不是 薛格伯格 |
[35:29] | What if he is? What’s that make him? | 就算是吧 那又怎么样 |
[35:33] | Innocent. | 他是无辜的 |
[35:36] | Mrs. Colbert. | 科尔伯特太太 |
[35:39] | There’s just one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[35:49] | Yeah. | 好 |
[35:51] | I picked it up, I tell ya. | 钱包是我捡的 我告诉过你 |
[35:52] | He was already lyin’ there. | 他就躺在地上 |
[35:54] | It was lyin’ there next to him. | 钱包在他边上 |
[35:58] | I just picked it up, ma’am. | 我只是捡起钱包 女士 |
[36:00] | – That’s all I did. – Shut up. | – 我什么也没做 – 闭嘴 |
[36:03] | Get him outta here. | 把他带走 |
[36:04] | Okay, come on, Harvey. Let’s go. | 好的 来吧 哈维 我们走吧 |
[36:19] | Mrs. Colbert, I, uh… | 科尔伯特太太 我… |
[36:22] | I wonder if you’d mind | 我不知道你介不介意 |
[36:23] | if I’d have somebody drive you over so you could, uh… | 我叫人开车带你去 |
[36:27] | complete the identification. | 去认一下尸 |
[36:49] | Martin. | 马丁 |
[36:51] | I want you to take Mrs. Colbert over to the funeral parlor. | 马丁 你带科尔伯特太太去一趟殓房 |
[36:53] | And, Wood, you run Virgil down the depot. | 伍德 你送维吉去车站 |
[36:56] | Uh… | 嗯 |
[36:57] | Uh, Virg here, Chief, he thinks that Harvey’s innocent. | 警长 维吉认为哈维是无辜的 |
[37:02] | Well, I’ll be damned. | 哦 真他妈的该死 |
[37:03] | Could I talk to you about it in private? | 我可以和你单独谈谈吗 |
[37:06] | No, you can’t talk to me about it in private. | 不 你不能私下跟我谈 |
[37:07] | I got Colbert’s wallet right here in my hand | 科尔伯特的钱包在我手里 |
[37:09] | and we took it from Harvey Oberst. | 是我们从哈维身上搜到的 |
[37:10] | You don’t think he gave itto him, do ya? | 你以为是科尔伯特给他的吗 |
[37:12] | l don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:13] | But Oberst could’ve come along after the crime, found it, picked it up. | 可能是哈维在犯罪现场经过 看到并捡起钱包 |
[37:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:18] | That’s what the boy said he did. | 那小子也是这么说的 |
[37:21] | Well, I’m sorry, ma’am, but I say different. | 不过 很抱歉 女士 我不同意 |
[37:24] | Well, when I examined the deceased, it was obvious that the fatal blow | 检验尸体时 很明显造成致命一击的硬物是 |
[37:28] | was struck from an angle of 17 degrees from the right, | 从右边17度角的方向造成的 |
[37:30] | which makes it almost certain the person who did it is right- handed. | 那可以确认 凶手是用右手的 |
[37:34] | So what? | 那又如何 |
[37:35] | ol’ Harv’s left- handed, Chief. Everybody in town knows that. | 哈维是左撇子 警长 镇里人都知道 |
[37:39] | Yeah, th- that’s what we figured out, Chief. Harvey’s a lefty. Uh- huh. | 是的 我们都知道 哈维是个左撇子 |
[37:46] | Well, you’re pretty sure of yourself, ain’t ya, Virgil? | 你相当自信啊 维吉 |
[37:49] | Virgil, that’s a funny name for a nigger boy that comes from Philadelphia. | 维吉 来自费城的黑鬼居然叫这名字 |
[37:51] | What do they call you up there? | 他们都怎么叫你 |
[37:53] | They call me Mr. Tibbs. | 他们叫我锑伯斯先生 |
[37:56] | Mr. Tibbs! | 锑伯斯先生 |
[37:57] | Well, Mr. Wood, take Mr. Tibbs, | 好 伍德先生 你把这位锑伯斯先生 |
[37:59] | take him down to the depot, and I mean, boy, like now! | 送去车站 照我说的做 小子 就现在 |
[38:12] | I’ll have the FBI lab send you the reports on this. | 我会让FBI给你发此事的报告的 |
[38:16] | Not that it’ll make any difference. | 也许那不会有什么影响 |
[38:20] | – I’ll take that! – No. | – 把这给我 – 不 |
[38:23] | No, you won’t. | 不 你休想 |
[38:29] | I’m sending it in personally. | 我会亲自送报告过来 |
[38:36] | My God. | 我的上帝 |
[38:41] | What kind of people are you? | 你们都是些什么人 |
[38:44] | What kind of a place is this? | 这里是什么地方 |
[38:52] | My husband is dead. | 我丈夫死了 |
[38:54] | Somebody in this town killed him! | 这镇里有人杀了他 |
[38:57] | I want you to find out who! | 你们要找出凶手来 |
[39:14] | You gonna give me that? | 你最好把那给我 |
[39:18] | No, I’m not. | 不 妄想 |
[39:23] | Wood, you take him… | 伍德 把他关起来 |
[39:25] | and you lock him up for withholding evidence. | 以私藏证据罪指控他 |
[39:30] | Go on! Move! Put him with his friend, Harvey Oberst. | 快点 把他和他朋友哈维关一起 |
[39:42] | Well, Virgil, nobody threw your brains to the hogs, | 好了 维吉 没人把你当傻子的 |
[39:45] | that’s for damn sure. | 你很聪明 |
[39:48] | Hold on there, Arnold. Open ‘er up again. | 往这边走 阿诺德 开门 |
[39:51] | We got another customer. | 我们又来了位新客人 |
[39:54] | – Hey, man, not in here. – That’s all right. | – 嘿 小子 不是这里 – 没关系 |
[39:57] | Put him somewheres else! | 把他关别的地方去 |
[39:58] | Don’t push the panic button, Harvey. | 别这样惊慌失措 |
[40:00] | You hear me? How come in here? | 你听见了吗 怎么进来的 |
[40:01] | Play it cool, boy. | 保持冷静 孩子 |
[40:02] | I thought that guy’s supposed to be a policeman. | 我以为那家伙是个警察 |
[40:04] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[40:05] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[40:13] | What you doin’ wearin’ white man’s clothes? | 你凭什么穿着白人的衣服 |
[40:19] | Where you come from? | 你从哪里来的 |
[40:23] | You deaf or somethin’? | 你是个聋子吗 |
[40:28] | Listen, I’m gettin’… | 听着 我会… |
[40:31] | Keep cool, Harvey. | 冷静点 哈维 |
[40:39] | I’m on your side. | 我与你同一阵线的 |
[40:42] | Well, I don’t need you! | 操 我用不着你 |
[40:44] | I’m all you’ve got. | 只有我能帮你 |
[40:55] | Police? | 警察 |
[40:57] | You a cop? | 你是个条子 |
[41:01] | – You’re a cop. – Mm- hmm. | – 你是个条子 – 恩 哼 |
[41:04] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[41:06] | So how come they locked you up? | 那么 他们为什么要关你 |
[41:08] | How come they’d go lock up a cop? | 为什么会关一个条子 |
[41:09] | Who said they locked me up? | 谁说他们要关我了 |
[41:12] | How come with all these empty cells back here, | 有那么多空牢房 |
[41:13] | they’d throw me in with you? You dig? | 干嘛要关一起 你想想 |
[41:22] | Look. | 听着 |
[41:25] | I already told ’em. | 我已经告诉他们了 |
[41:28] | I see this fella lyin’ on the street there… | 我看见那个人躺在大街上 |
[41:32] | and there’s this wallet lyin’ beside him. | 我只是偷了他身旁的钱包 |
[41:37] | Boy, I mean, | 伙计 我就知道 |
[41:38] | I come into this world out of luck. | 在这世界上我根本没有运气 |
[41:40] | Here’s the first good thing to come my way, | 我还以为是我的第一次好运气来了 |
[41:42] | and I pick it up. | 我只是捡起了钱包 |
[41:46] | But when I see whose wallet it is… | 但是当知道这是谁的钱包时… |
[41:49] | I mean, I start to sweat. | 我开始害怕了 |
[41:51] | But I heard about this new chief, this “Gillepsbie,” | 我听说过这个新警长的暴脾气 这个加斯比 |
[41:55] | got no more smile than a turnip. | 从来不会笑 还不如一个大萝卜 |
[41:57] | So I cut across the fields, headin’ for the line, | 所以我抄近路穿过田野 沿着铁路线 |
[41:59] | and I got myself as far as the bridge | 我一直走到桥边 |
[42:01] | before “Gillepsbie” grabbed me. | 直到加斯比抓到我 |
[42:04] | What time did you find the wallet? | 你什么时间捡到钱包的 |
[42:07] | Well, I ain’t got no watch, but… | 恩 我没有手表 |
[42:10] | must’ve been after 2:00 | 不过肯定是2点以后了 |
[42:12] | by the courthouse clock. | 我听到过镇政府的钟声 |
[42:13] | I’m interested in 11:00 to 2:00. | 我想知道在11点至2点之间 |
[42:15] | Where were you? | 你在哪 |
[42:17] | Shootin’ pool at Larry’s Lounge. | 打台球 在拉里的酒吧里 |
[42:19] | I got there about 10:00. | 我大约10点到 |
[42:21] | What time’d you leave? | 你什么时候离开的 |
[42:22] | Not till closin’. Must’ve been 1:00. | 关门后走的 那最少是1点了 |
[42:24] | Anybody can swear for ya? | 有人可以替你作证吗 |
[42:26] | Packy. Bert. Les. | 帕基 伯特 利斯 |
[42:32] | You ever been in trouble with the police before? | 你以前有案底吗 |
[42:37] | Come on. | 快说 |
[42:39] | I can ask at the desk, you know. | 我可以查到的 你懂的 |
[42:47] | Well, they brought me in one time… | 好吧 警察抓过我一次 |
[42:51] | on account of this Delores Purdy. | 是因为和德洛丽丝·珀迪 |
[42:53] | On what charge? | 什么指控 |
[42:58] | Well, uh, this Delores, see, uh… | 德洛丽丝 她… |
[43:02] | now, she’s real proud of what nature done for her, | 她对自己的身材很自豪 |
[43:05] | you know. | 你知道吗 |
[43:07] | And, uh … | 然后 恩… |
[43:09] | Well, we was on a date up to Clarke’s Point, | 我们在克拉克加油站约会 |
[43:12] | and, uh… | 然后… |
[43:14] | she says, uh… | 她说… |
[43:18] | Anyway, she asks me, she says, uh, | 总之 她问我 |
[43:21] | “Don’t you think I got a classy build?” | “你觉得我身材好吗” |
[43:25] | And I say, “Sure.” | 然后 我说”当然” |
[43:26] | And so she starts to show me. | 接着她就开始脱衣服 |
[43:31] | But now, I didn’t do nothin’ wrong. | 但我没做错任何事 |
[43:33] | I- I just didn’t stop her from tryin’ to prove her point. | 我只是没有阻止她来证明她的观点而已 |
[43:38] | Then this cop, Sam Wood, | 后来这个条子 山姆·伍德 |
[43:41] | comes chargin’ out of the bush and hauls me in. | 在树丛外出现 把我拖了出来 |
[43:44] | He let you go, didn’t he? | 但是他放了你 对吗 |
[43:47] | He told me not to mess with her no more. | 他叫我不要再搞她 |
[43:49] | She lives over on Third, about a block from me. | 她住在第三区 离我家不远 |
[43:51] | Traipsin’ around the house in the altogether. | 一丝不挂的走来走去 |
[43:53] | And after dark, with the lights on. | 还亮着灯 |
[43:54] | Now, somebody sure oughta make her stop doin’ that. | 说实在的 应当有人出面阻止她那样做 |
[43:58] | Come here. | 过来 |
[44:03] | Let me see your right hand. | 让我看看你的右手 |
[44:10] | – What you doin’? – Hold still. | – 你要做什么 – 保持安静 |
[44:34] | All right now, give him the waiver for false arrest. | 好 给他误捕的免责证书 |
[44:38] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[44:40] | I’m askin’ you to sign it… please. | 我需要你签了它 求你了 |
[44:47] | Give him a pen. Give him a pen. | 给他笔 给他笔 |
[45:00] | All right, let him out. | 好了 放他出来 |
[45:09] | You’ll be able to catch the 12:10 train. | 你可以赶上12:10的火车 |
[45:15] | I don’t think it would be a bad idea | 我认为改变对哈维的指控 |
[45:16] | to change the charge against Harvey Oberst. | 不是个坏主意 |
[45:18] | He was nowhere near the scene of the crime, | 他是个目击证人 |
[45:20] | and I think he can prove it. | 我想他能作证 |
[45:24] | Bet you could tell me the exact time | 我想你能告诉我 |
[45:26] | Colbert was killed too, can’t ya? | 科尔伯特死亡的正确时间 |
[45:27] | About 12:30, while Harvey was still shooting pool. | 大约12:30 此时哈维在打台球 |
[45:29] | Now, wait a minute. Wait a minute. I’ll get it. | 等下等下 我来 |
[45:34] | There’s cue chalk under his nails, not dried blood. | 他的指甲上有台球粉 却没有血渍 |
[45:37] | Thank the Lord I don’t live in Philadelphia. | 感谢上帝 我没住在费城 |
[45:39] | One more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[45:40] | Colbert wasn’t killed where the body was found. | 科尔伯特并不是在发现尸体的现场被杀死的 |
[45:43] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[45:44] | He was killed somewhere else, then moved to Main Street. | 他是在别处被杀后 移尸到主大街的 |
[45:58] | – Courtney. – Yes, sir? | – 考特尼 – 在 警长 |
[46:02] | Change the charge to theft. | 改成偷窃罪指控 |
[46:05] | Do you mean Harv? | 你是说哈维 |
[46:07] | Well, who the hell else do we have back there? | 我们后面还关了其它人吗 |
[46:10] | Yes, sir. | 是 警长 |
[46:15] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[46:18] | Didn’t I ask you to fix that gate? | 我不是叫你修理那闸吗 |
[46:21] | No, not me, sir. | 不 不是我 警长 |
[46:24] | Must’ve been my brother, Harold. He’s on days. | 你一定是同我兄弟哈罗德说的 他上白班 |
[46:27] | Harold. | 哈罗德 |
[46:41] | Police Department. | 这里是警察局 |
[46:43] | Yes, he’s here. Hold on, sir. | 是 他在 请稍等 先生 |
[46:46] | Mayor’s on the line, Chief. | 镇长来电 警长 |
[47:52] | Now, Chief, what’s all this Miss Colbert’s been tellin’ me | 怎么回事 科尔伯特太太告诉我 |
[47:55] | about a- a cover- up arrest? | 你乱抓人 |
[48:00] | No, ma’am, we ain’t had no cover- up. | 不 女士 我们没有乱抓 |
[48:03] | In fact, we just dropped the charges | 事实上 我们因证据不足 |
[48:04] | for insufficient evidence. | 撤消了对他的指控 |
[48:07] | Miss Colbert, I told you he was nobody’s man. | 科尔伯特太太 我说过他不是这种人 |
[48:11] | came by to make it as clear as I possibly can | 我专程过来是想明确一下 |
[48:15] | that I do not want that Negro officer taken off this case. | 我不希望那个黑人警官放弃这个案件 |
[48:21] | Negro officer? | 黑人警官 |
[48:25] | Yeah, well, he, uh… | 是 他… |
[48:28] | he comes from up North, you see, and he was, uh, kinda… | 他是北方来的 你看 他只是… |
[48:35] | passin’ through. | 只是路过的 |
[48:37] | I don’t care what he is. | 我不管他是什么人 |
[48:38] | If it wasn’t for him, your impartial chief of police | 如果不是因为他 你们这位公正的警长 |
[48:40] | would still have the wrong man behind bars. | 还关着那个无辜青年 |
[48:45] | I want that officer given a free hand. | 我希望那警官能介入此案 |
[48:48] | Otherwise… | 要不 |
[48:50] | I will pack up my husband’s engineers… | 我就搁置我丈夫的工厂计划 |
[48:56] | and leave you… | 让你们… |
[49:00] | to yourselves. | 自生自灭 |
[49:09] | Now, Mrs. Colbert, now, don’t you worry about a thing. | 科尔伯特太太 这事你不用担心 |
[49:12] | Believe me, we’re gonna take care of everything. | 相信我 我们会处理好这一切的 |
[49:16] | BILL | 比尔 |
[49:25] | I wanna see you come through this now. | 我希望你能处理好这些 |
[49:26] | You hear? | 你听到了没 |
[49:28] | Even if we have to step on Endicott’s toes? | 即使我们得罪恩迪科特 |
[49:32] | Even that. | 就算那样 |
[49:34] | But do it fast. | 不过得速战速决 |
[49:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[49:39] | Now, Bill, uh, | 现在 比尔 |
[49:40] | how ’bout this here Negro officer? | 怎么处理在这里的那个黑人警官 |
[49:42] | Miss Colbert seems to have a lot of confidence in him. | 科尔伯特太太似乎对他很有信心 |
[49:45] | Oh, he ain’t nothin’. He’s some kind of a… | 噢 他倒不是一无是处 他是… |
[49:49] | some kind of a homicide expert. | 他是刑侦专家 |
[49:51] | But I don’t need him. | 不过我不需要他 |
[49:55] | You mean you don’t want him. | 你说你不想要他 |
[49:57] | But you do need him. | 不过你的确需要他 |
[50:00] | Now look, Bill. | 现在听好 比尔 |
[50:01] | Suppose he turns up the killer. | 假如他抓住了凶手 |
[50:03] | He has no police powers here. | 他并不属于本地警察系统 |
[50:05] | He’s gonna have to hand him over on a platter, right? | 他必须把凶手交给本地警察 对不 |
[50:09] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[50:11] | And if he fails, you’re off the hook, | 但是如果他失败了 你就脱身了 |
[50:14] | ’cause it was Miss Colbert’s idea in the first place. | 因为这全是科尔伯特太太最初的意见 |
[50:17] | See what I mean? | 懂我的意思了没 |
[50:20] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[50:22] | Works out all the way around, Bill, for all of us. | 为了我们大家 比尔 赶快搞定 |
[50:26] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[51:01] | Any reason why you have to leave today? | 有什么理由让你今天必须走吗 |
[51:04] | There’s lots of reasons. | 很多 |
[51:07] | Uh, what would you say if I, uh… | 我请求你留下来 |
[51:10] | I asked you to stay for a while? | 怎么样 |
[51:11] | No. | 不必了 |
[51:26] | This town needs a factory, Virgil. | 这个镇需要一个工厂 维吉 |
[51:29] | Colbert come down from Chicago to build it. | 科尔伯特特意从芝加哥过来建厂 |
[51:32] | I hear they’re gonna hire a thousand men. | 我听说他将会雇1000多人 |
[51:34] | Half of ’em would be colored. | 其中有一半是黑人 |
[51:37] | You know what that means? | 知道这意味着什么吗 |
[51:39] | Probably got him killed. | 也许这就是被杀的原因 |
[51:40] | That’s what Mrs. Colbert thinks. | 科尔伯特太太也是这个意思 |
[51:42] | She wants us to catch her a killer. | 她要缉凶 |
[51:44] | No killer, no factory. | 没有凶手 就没有工厂 |
[51:47] | Well, that’s a lot of jobs for a lot of colored people. | 嗯 它会给大量黑人提供工作 |
[51:51] | You follow me? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[51:53] | I’m going home, man. | 我要回家了 先生 |
[51:55] | – They’re your people. – Not mine! Yours! | – 他们是你的同胞 – 不是我的 是你们的 |
[51:58] | You made this scene. | 你们自己搞成这样的 |
[52:00] | What do you want me to do? | 你到底想让我怎么样 |
[52:01] | Beg you? Is that what you’re after? | 求你 对吗 |
[52:02] | Look, I’ve had your town up to here! | 听着 我在你的镇里已经受够了 |
[52:05] | Boy, it would give me a world of satisfaction | 孩子 为了这个忏悔的世界 |
[52:07] | to horsewhip you, Virgil! | 我想用马鞭抽你 维吉 |
[52:13] | Yeah, well… | 是的 很好 |
[52:15] | my father used to say that. | 我父亲曾经也这么说过 |
[52:21] | Even did it once or twice. | 甚至还打了一两次 |
[52:22] | Yeah, well, not enough to suit me. | 好 一两次哪够 |
[52:26] | Now, you listen to me. | 现在给我认真听着 |
[52:29] | Just once in my life I’m gonna hold my temper. | 我这辈子头一次控制我的怒火 |
[52:32] | I’m tellin’ you that you’re gonna stay here. | 我告诉你必须留下 |
[52:34] | You’re gonna stay here | 你必须留下 |
[52:35] | if I have to go inside and call your chief of police | 否则我给你的警长打电话 |
[52:37] | and have him remind you of what he told you to do. | 让他提醒你他交代过你的工作 |
[52:39] | But I don’t think I have to do that, you see. | 不过 我并不想这么做 你知道的 |
[52:41] | No, because you’re so damned smart… | 不 因为你很聪明 |
[52:44] | you’re smarter than any white man… | 你比白人还要聪明 |
[52:46] | you’re just gonna stay here and show us all. | 你要留在这里 显示你的实力 |
[52:49] | You’ve got such a big head that you could never live with yourself | 你向来不吝啬 |
[52:51] | unless you could put us all to shame. | 又何必来此羞辱我们呢 |
[52:55] | You wanna know something, Virgil? | 你知道重点的 维吉 |
[52:58] | I don’t think that… | 我并不认为… |
[52:59] | you could let an opportunity like that pass by. | 你会让这样一个机会白白丢失 |
[53:44] | Jess. | 爵士 |
[53:46] | Jess, this is, uh… | 爵士 这是… |
[53:48] | This is Virgil. He’s workin’ for me. | 这是维吉 他是我同事 |
[53:51] | Give him somethin’ that runs. You fix him up, you hear? | 给他找一辆车 能跑就行 |
[53:54] | What I fix, runs. | 我修过的都能跑 |
[53:56] | Who pays? | 谁来付钱 |
[53:57] | Police. | 警察局 |
[54:01] | Well, you know where to find me. | 嗯 你知道上哪找我 |
[54:44] | What you doin’ here, man? | 你来这做什么 伙计 |
[54:46] | Policeman. | 我是警察 |
[54:48] | You’re a policeman here in Sparta? | 你是斯巴达镇的警察 |
[54:52] | They’ve got a murder | 他们想抓个凶手 |
[54:53] | they don’t know what to do with. | 但他们不知道怎么做 |
[54:56] | They need a whipping boy. | 他们需要一个替罪羊 |
[55:07] | You got a roof? | 你有地方住吗 |
[55:10] | No. | 没有 |
[55:11] | I’ll find a motel. | 我会找个旅馆的 |
[55:17] | Viola. | 维奥拉 |
[55:20] | We got company. | 我们有个同伴了 |
[55:29] | You know what’s gonna happen? | 知道会发生什么吗 |
[55:31] | He gonna get hisself killed. | 他会自身难保的 |
[55:35] | You watch and see he don’t. | 你看着吧 他不可能做到的 |
[55:37] | I’m aware of the risk, Tom, | 我知道这很冒险 汤姆 |
[55:39] | but like it or not, we’re stuck with him. | 不过 不管喜不喜欢 我们不得不接受他 |
[55:41] | Not if the chief here’s right on the ball. | 除非警长能抢先一步 |
[55:45] | What do you say, Chief? | 你怎么看 警长 |
[55:47] | You got that ol’ killer all lined up in your front sights, huh? | 你心里有一队凶手在排队等你去抓吗 |
[55:53] | I’m workin’ on it. | 我正在调查 |
[55:55] | Tom, climb off of Gillespie’s back now. | 汤姆 别调戏加斯比警长了 |
[55:58] | You know damn well | 你他妈的应当知道 |
[55:58] | we didn’t hire him off a homicide squad. | 我们的警长不是一个刑侦专家 |
[56:03] | Yeah, well, it’s gonna be his week, | 好吧 这周有得他忙了 |
[56:06] | ’cause Colbert’s only the start. | 科尔伯特案件只是个开始 |
[56:09] | I say this nigger won’t live past Saturday. | 我说那黑鬼活不到周六 |
[56:23] | Mrs. Colbert, | 科尔伯特太太 |
[56:24] | can you tell me about your husband’s enemies? | 你能说说你丈夫有什么仇人吗 |
[56:27] | That’s Endicott. | 那只有恩迪科特了 |
[56:30] | He’s been fighting us all the way. | 他经常与我们对着干 |
[56:32] | He sits up on his hill and runs this county. | 他坐镇此地并控制了整个镇 |
[56:36] | Or did, until we moved in. | 或者说 在我们来之前是这样的 |
[56:42] | Did your husband tell you where he was going last night? | 你丈夫有没有告诉你 那晚他要去哪里 |
[56:47] | He said he wasn’t sleepy. | 他说还不想睡 |
[56:51] | I went to bed. | 然后我就睡觉了 |
[56:52] | What time was that? | 大概几点 |
[56:56] | A little after 11:00, I think. | 我想大约11点过一点吧 |
[57:00] | Did he call you, or anybody on your staff, after 11:00? | 11点后 有没有人打电话给你 或者公司的其它人 |
[57:04] | No. | 没有 |
[57:07] | Maybe the elevator boy can tell us what time he went out. | 也许看电梯的人能知道他几点走的 |
[57:11] | They put it on self- service after 10:00. | 10点后 电梯是自动运行的 |
[57:18] | Did your husband use a car here? | 你丈夫开车吗 |
[58:39] | Find anything? | 发现什么了没 |
[58:41] | Whoever killed Colbert drove his car last night. | 凶手开过科尔伯特的车 |
[58:43] | Well, how do you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[58:47] | Well, where are you goin’? | 你去哪里 |
[58:50] | I’d drive up there in the car you gave me, | 我开车去 |
[58:52] | but I’m sure you don’t want me running up there by myself, | 不过 你不会让我一个人在这里 |
[58:54] | causing more trouble. | 跑来跑去的吧 |
[58:56] | – Up where? – Eric Endicott’s. | – 去哪 – 恩迪科特家 |
[58:58] | Endicott’s? Oh, come on now! | 恩迪科特家 走 现在就走 |
[59:49] | None of that for you, huh, Virgil? | 这对你无所谓吧 维吉 |
[1:00:00] | In the heat of the night | 在这炎热的夜晚 |
[1:00:03] | Mm- hmm, ain’t a woman yet been born | 嗯 临产的女人也不想生产 |
[1:00:11] | Yeah | 耶 |
[1:00:14] | Knows how to make the morning come | 希望黎明的到来 |
[1:00:23] | It’s so hard to keep control | 但它却是无法控制的 |
[1:00:28] | Yes, it is | 是的 它是 |
[1:00:29] | When I could sell my soul | 当我出卖我的灵魂 |
[1:00:34] | For just a little light | 只为那一点光明 |
[1:00:37] | In the heat of the night | 在这炎热的夜晚 |
[1:00:57] | Listen, you know somethin’ I don’t know? | 说说 你发现了什么我不知道的事 |
[1:01:02] | I found a piece of osmunda in Colbert’s car. | 我在科尔伯特车里发现了一些羊齿蕨 |
[1:01:05] | – A piece of what? – On the brake pedal. | – 一些什么 – 在刹车踏板上 |
[1:01:07] | Osmunda. Fern root. | 羊齿蕨的根 |
[1:01:09] | Fern root? | 羊齿蕨的根 |
[1:01:11] | Oh, is Mr. Endicott here? | 噢 恩迪科特先生在家吗 |
[1:01:13] | Yes, sir. | 在的 先生 |
[1:01:13] | He’s out in the greenhouse. | 他在外面的温室里 |
[1:01:15] | Would you follow me, please? | 请跟我来 |
[1:01:42] | – Gillespie. – Mr. Endicott. | – 加斯比 – 恩迪科特先生 |
[1:01:45] | This here’s Virgil. | 这是维吉 |
[1:01:49] | – Mr. Tibbs. – How do you do, sir? | – 锑伯斯先生 – 你好 先生 |
[1:01:52] | Oh, uh…May I have Henry fetch you somethin’? Uh, | 我让亨利给你拿点吃的 |
[1:01:54] | some light refreshment? | 点心行吗 |
[1:01:55] | No, thank you. | 不 谢了 |
[1:01:56] | We’re all right the way we are. | 我很好… |
[1:01:57] | Oh, I’ll have something cold. | 我要一些凉的 |
[1:01:59] | Something soft. Anything. | 不含酒精的 什么都行 |
[1:02:01] | Henry, bring in a pitcher of lemonade. | 亨利 拿点柠檬水来 |
[1:02:02] | I’ll have one too. | 给我也来一杯 |
[1:02:03] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[1:02:07] | Oh, I didn’t know it was possible to grow this species locally. | 我还不知道这类植物还能在此种植 |
[1:02:10] | – Oh, you like flowers? – l do. | – 噢 你也是赏花之人 – 是的 |
[1:02:13] | Well, Mr. Tibbs, do you know anything about orchids? | 锑伯斯先生 你对兰花也有心得吗 |
[1:02:15] | Well, not very much, but I do like them. | 不是很懂 不过我很喜欢 |
[1:02:17] | Well, let me show you. | 那好 给你看看我的杰作 |
[1:02:22] | Endicott’s folly. | 恩迪科特的爱好 |
[1:02:27] | – What do you think? – It’s beautiful. | – 你怎么看 – 这太美了 |
[1:02:30] | It’s breathtaking. | 令人惊叹 |
[1:02:32] | Have you a favorite, Mr. Tibbs? | 你喜欢吗 锑伯斯先生 |
[1:02:34] | Well, I’m partial to any of the epiphytics. | 是的 我偏爱附生植物 |
[1:02:37] | Why, isn’t that remarkable | 哇 这太有意思了 |
[1:02:40] | that of all the orchids in this place, | 这里有所有的兰花品种 |
[1:02:42] | you should prefer the epiphytics. | 而你竟然只关注附生植物 |
[1:02:44] | I wonder if you know why. | 我很想知道为什么 |
[1:02:47] | Maybe it would be helpful if you’d tell me. | 不如你来告诉我 可能更好 |
[1:02:50] | Because, like the Negro, | 因为 就像黑人 |
[1:02:53] | they need care and feed in’ and cultivatin’… | 他们需要照料 喂养和培养 |
[1:02:58] | and that takes time. | 这需要时间 |
[1:03:01] | That’s something you can’t make some people understand. | 这些都不是常人所能理解的 |
[1:03:05] | That’s somethin’ Mr. Colbert didn’t realize. | 科尔伯特先生也不能理解 |
[1:03:15] | Is this what the epiphytics root in? | 这些是附生植物的根吗 |
[1:03:18] | My point! They thrive on it. | 我的观点 它们的成长 |
[1:03:21] | Take it away from them, they do poorly. | 没有这些根 它们就长不了 |
[1:03:24] | What do you call this material? | 这个叫什么 |
[1:03:26] | That’s osmunda. Fern root. | 这叫羊齿蕨根 |
[1:03:34] | Well, we don’t wanna take any more of your time, | 嗯 我们不想再浪费你的时间 |
[1:03:38] | Mr. Endicott. | 恩迪科特先生 |
[1:03:42] | Why’d you two come here? | 那你们两来此何事 |
[1:03:52] | To ask you about Mr. Colbert. | 想问一下你关于科尔伯特先生的事 |
[1:03:58] | Let me understand this. | 让我搞明白 |
[1:04:01] | You two came here to question me? | 你们俩来此…审问我 |
[1:04:08] | Well, your… your attitudes, Mr. Endicott, | 好 你的…你的态度 恩迪科特先生 |
[1:04:13] | your points of view | 你所说的观点 |
[1:04:15] | are a matter of record. | 将会记录在案 |
[1:04:18] | Some people… | 有些人 |
[1:04:20] | Well, let us say the people who work for Mr. Colbert | 就是科尔伯特先生的员工 |
[1:04:22] | might reasonably regard | 可能会很自然地认为 |
[1:04:23] | you as the person least likely to mourn his passing. | 你不会对他的去世感到悲伤 |
[1:04:28] | We were just trying to clarify some of the evidence. | 我们只是想澄清一些证据 |
[1:04:33] | Was Mr. Colbert ever in this greenhouse, | 科尔伯特先生来过这温室吗 |
[1:04:35] | say, last night about midnight? | 确切说 昨晚大概午夜左右 |
[1:04:44] | Gillespie. | 加斯比 |
[1:04:46] | Yeah? | 是 |
[1:04:48] | You saw it? | 你看到了 |
[1:04:50] | Oh, I saw it. | 是 我看到了 |
[1:04:53] | Well, what are you gonna do about it? | 那你会怎么做 |
[1:04:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:05:01] | I’ll remember that. | 我会记住的 |
[1:05:07] | There was a time when I could have had you shot! | 要是以前 我会一枪毙了你 |
[1:05:43] | You better damn well clear out, and I mean fast! | 你最好赶快离开 越快越好 |
[1:05:45] | What about that big speech you gave me this morning? | 难道今早你对我说的全是废话 |
[1:05:48] | I didn’t know you were gonna slap any white man, | 我怎么会知道你居然敢掌掴白人 |
[1:05:49] | least of all End icott! | 居然还是恩迪科特 |
[1:05:50] | All right. Give me another day. | 好 好 多给我几天 |
[1:05:52] | Two days. I’m close. | 两天 我就能完成了 |
[1:05:54] | I can pull that fat cat down. | 我定能破案 |
[1:05:56] | I can bring him right off this hill. | 我会让他身败名裂 |
[1:06:01] | OhOh, boy. | 噢 伙计 |
[1:06:05] | Man, you’re just like the rest of us, ain’t ya? | 汉子 原来你就像我们一样啊 不是吗 |
[1:06:25] | It’s all my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[1:06:32] | Well, there’s no point in duckin’ it, Bill. | 不过现在回避已经没有意义了 |
[1:06:34] | It’s gonna be tough to keep you in your job now. | 这会让你很难保住这份工作 |
[1:06:39] | Now lookee here, Bill. | 注意听我说 比尔 |
[1:06:41] | I don’t have to tell you | 我没必要告诉你 |
[1:06:42] | how urgent it is to get Tibbs outta town. | 当务之急是赶紧让那厮离开本镇吧 |
[1:06:44] | – l already told him to go. – All right. | – 不 我已经让他赶紧走了 – 那好 |
[1:06:47] | Now, Mrs. Colbert is not gonna be back till Thursday. | 科尔伯特太太周四前不会回来 |
[1:06:50] | You catch your guilty party by then, | 到那时 你得逮着你的犯人 |
[1:06:52] | she’s not gonna hold it against us | 她才不会为难我们 |
[1:06:54] | we had to send Tibbs home for his own good. | 我们还得将锑伯斯送回家 这是为他好 |
[1:06:56] | But you gotta do it, you hear? | 这些你必须去做 明白吗 |
[1:06:59] | I hear. | 明白 |
[1:07:03] | Bill? | 比尔 |
[1:07:08] | What’s made you change your mind about Tibbs? | 是什么让你改变对锑伯斯的看法的 |
[1:07:10] | Who says I have? | 谁说我变了 |
[1:07:13] | The last chief we had, | 如果是前任警长 |
[1:07:15] | he’d have shot Tibbs one second after he slapped Endicott. | 他会在他掌掴恩迪科特后一秒内毙了锑伯斯 |
[1:07:19] | Claimed self- defense. | 然后声称是自卫 |
[1:07:38] | – Gillespie here. – Courtney here, sir. | – 我是加斯比 – 我是考特尼 警长 |
[1:07:41] | All right, look, did you take Virgil down the depot? | 你有没有带维吉去车站 |
[1:07:43] | No, sir. He just plain wouldn’t go. | 没有 警长 他誓死不走 |
[1:07:45] | Shagbag just saw him heading up toward River Road. | 薛格伯格看到他去河沿公路了 |
[1:07:47] | Check. | 收到 |
[1:08:12] | – Nail him! Come on. Come on. – One more time. | – 嘿 来吧 来吧 – 再来一次 |
[1:08:17] | Come on! | 加油 |
[1:08:42] | Stay with him. Come on. Come on. Stay with him. | 再撞他一下 加油 加油 再撞他一下 |
[1:10:40] | Okay, black boy. | 好吧 黑鬼 |
[1:10:41] | We come here to teach you some manners. | 我们来这里教你学一点礼貌 |
[1:10:46] | Now, we told you ’bout them bad manners, boy. | 我们告诉你别不识抬举 黑鬼 |
[1:10:48] | You better put that down. | 把那放下 |
[1:10:56] | Why don’t you come and get it, baby? | 为什么不自己过来拿呢 孩子 |
[1:11:19] | Come on, man. You ain’t nothin’. Come on. | 来吧 伙计 你个黑鬼 来吧 |
[1:11:22] | Let’s get him. | 让我们捉住他 |
[1:11:27] | Put that round your neck. | 我们会把它吊在你脖子上的 |
[1:11:29] | Get him there! Get him! | 把他带到那儿 抓住他 |
[1:11:32] | Get him! | 抓住他 |
[1:11:34] | Hit him, baby. Go on. The other side. | 打他 伙计 从边上打他 |
[1:11:53] | Look out, man. Get back. Watch out. | 小心 伙计 回来 当心 |
[1:11:55] | All right, hold it! | 好了 住手吧 |
[1:12:03] | All right, boys. | 够了 小朋友们 |
[1:12:07] | You’ve had your fun. | 你们玩得够久了 |
[1:12:08] | Now, go on. You just run along home. | 接下来 最好快跑回家去 |
[1:12:15] | Nigger lover. | 黑白基佬 |
[1:12:27] | I didn’t catch what you said. | 我没有听清你说什么 |
[1:12:30] | Get rid of the nigger. | 除掉那个黑鬼 |
[1:12:32] | If you don’t… we will. | 你不动手…我们做 |
[1:12:37] | Now, is that a suggestion or is that an order? | 那是个建议 还是命令 |
[1:12:40] | That’s a warning! | 那是个警告 |
[1:12:45] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[1:12:48] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[1:12:55] | Get your trash and get outta here! | 闭嘴 带这些废物离开 |
[1:12:57] | Come on, move it and go! | 快点 快滚 |
[1:13:07] | Well, you finally get the message, Virgil? | 喂 你已经收到口讯了 维吉 |
[1:13:24] | May I get in? | 我可以进来吗 |
[1:13:26] | – Thought you left town. – Not yet. | – 我以为你离开了 – 还没有 |
[1:13:34] | Could you follow the same route you followed Tuesday night? | 你能再走一次周二晚的路线吗 |
[1:13:36] | Same speed. | 同样的速度 |
[1:13:38] | – Why? – Why not? | – 为什么 – 为什么不呢 |
[1:13:44] | Maybe I’d better check with the chief. | 我最好向警长报告一下 |
[1:13:45] | Maybe you’d better. | 我并不想 |
[1:13:47] | I wouldn’t want him to slap you down for steppin’ out of line, | 让他大骂你一顿 只是因为你没按路线走 |
[1:13:51] | makin’ decisions on your own and all that. | 按自己的意愿做个决定 |
[1:13:56] | He don’t knock me outta my socks. | 他不会怪我偏离路线的 |
[1:14:01] | Let’s get rollin’, Virgil. | 我们走吧 维吉 |
[1:14:22] | All you little birds better lock up tight | 你们这些小鸟最好绷紧 |
[1:14:25] | ’cause there’s a foul owl on the prowl tonight. | 因为今晚有一只邪恶的猫头鹰在四处觅食 |
[1:14:29] | Hey, little lark, get outta the dark | 嘿 小云雀 离开黑暗 |
[1:14:33] | Foul owl on the prowl | 卑鄙的猫头鹰四处觅食 |
[1:14:37] | Cute little jay, stay outta his way | 可爱的小杰伊 别挡它的路 |
[1:14:41] | Foul owl on the prowl | 卑鄙的猫头鹰四处觅食 |
[1:14:45] | You just might be the quail he ‘II tail | 你可能就是鹌鹑 它会跟踪你的 |
[1:14:48] | Foul owl on the prowl | 卑鄙的猫头鹰四处觅食 |
[1:14:52] | You just might be the swallow he’ll follow | 你可能就是它要追随的燕子 |
[1:14:56] | A foul owl on the prowl | 一只邪恶的猫头鹰在四处觅食 |
[1:15:00] | If you hear him hoot, scoot | 如果你听到它叫 快跑 |
[1:15:04] | If you pass his tree, flee | 如果你经过它的树 快逃 |
[1:15:08] | If you catch his eye, fly | 如果你引起它的注意 飞吧 |
[1:15:12] | Don’t wait to say good- bye | 别等着说再见了 |
[1:15:15] | Take ten minutes to get myself a king-sized Coke and a wedge of pie. | 我花了10分钟买大号可乐和蛋糕 |
[1:15:20] | That is if that peckerwood ain’t sold out again. | 我最喜欢的蛋糕别又卖完了 |
[1:15:26] | Can I bring you anything? | 要我给你带点什么吗 |
[1:15:28] | No, I’m coming in. | 不用 我也进去 |
[1:15:41] | I thought I told you to get the hell outta here. | 我已经告诉过你赶紧离开这里 |
[1:15:43] | I’m not ready to leave. | 我没有准备走 |
[1:15:45] | I was gonna tell you all about that in the mornin’, Chief. | 我本来打算早上告诉你的 警长 |
[1:15:47] | Later! You forget about those four maniacs this afternoon? | 你忘记那四个疯子了吗 |
[1:15:49] | – l need more time! – Time! | – 我还需要一点时间 – 时间 |
[1:15:50] | Do I have to put you on the train myself? | 难道要我亲自把你塞进火车 |
[1:15:51] | I guess so! | 我想是 |
[1:15:52] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:15:55] | All right, Virgil. Just what the hell do you want? | 够了 维吉 你到底想怎么样 |
[1:16:01] | I want to know exactly where Sam Wood | 我想准确了解山姆 |
[1:16:03] | was at all times on the night of the murder. | 在案发当晚的所有路线 |
[1:16:05] | If you pass his tree, flee | 如果你经过它的树 快逃 |
[1:16:09] | If you catch his eye, fly | 如果引起它的注意 飞吧 |
[1:16:12] | Virgil, if you get killed, | 维吉 如果你被杀了 |
[1:16:14] | we’re gonna have one hell of a mess in this town, | 你会给我们镇带来很大的麻烦 |
[1:16:16] | do you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[1:16:16] | He ‘s got a yen for a pretty little hen | 它渴望抓到一只小母鸡 |
[1:16:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:16:21] | Foul owl on the prowl | 卑鄙的猫头鹰四处觅食 |
[1:16:24] | He ‘s hungly for a chick So get home quick | 他渴望有只小母鸡 快回家吧 |
[1:16:28] | Foul owl on the prowl | 卑鄙的猫头鹰四处觅食 |
[1:16:32] | Foul owl on the prowl | 卑鄙的猫头鹰四处觅食 |
[1:16:36] | Foul owl on the prowl | 卑鄙的猫头鹰四处觅食 |
[1:16:39] | Foul owl on the prowl | 卑鄙的猫头鹰四处觅食 |
[1:16:41] | Got some real luscious cream pie for you tonight, Sam. | 今晚我给你准备了绝对美味的蛋糕 山姆 |
[1:16:44] | I mean, Officer Wood. Just like you always order. | 不 我是说伍德警官 按你的一贯要求 |
[1:16:47] | Now, you know I don’t eat that stuff. | 你知道我不喜欢吃这玩意 |
[1:16:49] | The chief here likes his boys streamlined. | 警长要求我们干净利索 |
[1:16:51] | Ain’t that right, Chief? | 对吧 警长 |
[1:16:52] | Why don’t you shut up, Sam. | 给我闭嘴 山姆 |
[1:16:55] | All right, what’ll you have, Virgil? | 好了 你要点什么 维吉 |
[1:16:57] | l ain’t servin’ him! | 我不招待他 |
[1:17:08] | Tuesday night you walked out of here at 2:40, right? | 周二晚你是在2:40离开的 是吗 |
[1:17:12] | Right on the button. | 完全正确 |
[1:17:15] | Two minutes from now. | 那还有两分钟了 |
[1:17:33] | That’s for him. | 这是给他的 |
[1:17:50] | Now, what’d you do when you came out that night? | 那晚你出来后做了什么 |
[1:17:53] | Well, I, uh…I picked up the radio and called in. | 我用无线电呼叫总部 |
[1:17:57] | Do it, please. | 请再来一次 |
[1:17:58] | Go ahead, go ahead. | 照做 快 |
[1:18:09] | Uh, Wood to radio. I’m leavin’ Compton’s now. | 我是伍德 我现在正要离开康普顿店 |
[1:18:14] | Hey, Sam, you better look sharp. Gillespie ‘s sn/fin’ around. | 山姆 你要注意 加斯比在四处巡逻 |
[1:18:17] | Give me that thing! | 把它给我 |
[1:18:20] | Courtney, I checked with your brother. | 考特尼 |
[1:18:21] | He told me I didn’t tell him to fix that hinge. | 你弟弟说我没叫他修那闸 |
[1:18:23] | That means I told you. Do you read me, Courtney? | 我是叫你修的 你听到没有 考特尼 |
[1:18:26] | Oh, I’ll get right on it, Chief | 我立刻去修 警长 |
[1:18:27] | Oh, I’d do that if I were you. | 你最好给我快点 |
[1:18:29] | Yes, sir Ten- four | 是 警长 收到 |
[1:18:50] | All right, you can move us, Officer Wood. | 好 你可以开车了 伍德警官 |
[1:19:38] | – Why’d you do that, Sam? – Do what? | – 你为什么要这么做 山姆 – 做什么 |
[1:19:41] | Change your route back there at the corner. | 在这拐角 你换了一条路线 |
[1:19:46] | Who says I changed? | 谁说我换了 |
[1:19:52] | Look, I oughta know what I did! | 听着 我当然知道我在做什么 |
[1:19:54] | Chief, do I have to put up with this? | 警长 我受够了这些 |
[1:19:56] | Do I work for you, or do I work for him? | 我是给你工作 还是给他工作的 |
[1:20:02] | Good night, gentlemen. | 晚安 各位 |
[1:20:33] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我不知道 我不知道 |
[1:20:37] | Well, I appreciate anything you can do. | 我很感激你做的一切 |
[1:20:40] | – You know, this is highly irregular. – Yeah, I know that. | – 这太不合常规了 – 是 我知道 |
[1:20:44] | Showing our depositors’ accounts. | 给你看储户的帐目 |
[1:20:47] | You sure this is an official request? | 你确定是官方要求吗 |
[1:20:52] | You sure this is an official request? | 你确定是官方要求吗 |
[1:20:54] | Yes, it’s official. Yes. | 是的 正式的官方要求 是的 |
[1:20:59] | You willing to put that in writing? | 你得给我补书面材料 |
[1:21:01] | Yeah, yeah, I’ll put it in writing, anyplace you’d like it. | 好的 我会给你写的 |
[1:21:03] | On a police department letterhead? | 得写在警察局的信笺上 |
[1:21:05] | I will write it on the head of a pin, if you want it there. | 就算你让我写在针尖上 我也会写的 |
[1:21:09] | I gotta have somethin’ for the file, you know. | 我必须得有书面存档 |
[1:21:11] | I realize that, but I’m in a hurry, Mr. Henderson. | 我懂 只是我匆忙了点 |
[1:21:13] | Well, we’ll see. | 好了 我们来看这 |
[1:21:18] | Well, he’s had an account with us for several years now. | 几年前 他在我这里开了个账户 |
[1:21:22] | Is that so? | 那又怎么样 |
[1:21:24] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[1:21:25] | Not a large account. | 不是大客户 |
[1:21:29] | Never more than, well, um… | 从来没有多过… |
[1:21:36] | $208. | $208元 |
[1:21:38] | That was back in ’62. | 那是在62年 |
[1:21:41] | September. | 9月 |
[1:21:43] | I am not interested in ’62, September. | 我对62年9月没兴趣 |
[1:21:46] | I am interested in yesterday. | 我想知道昨天的 |
[1:21:48] | Yesterday? | 昨天 |
[1:21:50] | Well… | 好… |
[1:21:53] | Well, according to this, | 好 根据这个 |
[1:21:56] | he made a deposit of…$632. | 他存了632元 |
[1:22:01] | – Yesterday? – Yeah. | – 昨天 – 是的 |
[1:22:02] | Well, thank you. | 多谢 |
[1:22:04] | That must’ve been when I was out to lunch. | 那一定是我出去吃午饭了 |
[1:22:07] | A deposit that size I’d remember. | 这么多钱 我一定会记得的 |
[1:22:10] | Oh, you’ll send me that letter for the file, you hear? | 喂 你得给我发书面材料 你听到了没 |
[1:22:13] | I’ll tell you something, baby brother. | 我告诉你 小兄弟 |
[1:22:15] | The chief didn’t like him, not even from the first. | 警长不喜欢他 从来没有 |
[1:22:17] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[1:22:20] | – Morning. – Hey. Where do you think you’re going? | – 早上好 – 嘿 你想进去干吗 |
[1:22:22] | It’s all right. Let him go. | 没事 让他进去 |
[1:22:30] | I’ve just gotten off the phone with the FBI lab. | 我刚与FBI通话了 |
[1:22:32] | We can prove that Colbert was there in that greenhouse. | 可以确定科尔伯特曾去过那温室 |
[1:22:34] | Endicott’s covering up. | 恩迪科特在掩饰 |
[1:22:36] | I’m afraid you’re a little late, Virgil. | 恐怕你已经太晚了 维基 |
[1:22:38] | – We already got the guilty man. – Who? | – 我们已经抓住罪犯了 – 谁 |
[1:22:41] | Sam. | 山姆 |
[1:22:43] | – Sam? – That’s right. | – 山姆 – 正确 |
[1:22:50] | Our man is Endicott. | 我们的疑犯是恩迪科特 |
[1:22:52] | You just think a minute. | 你想一下 |
[1:22:53] | Didn’t you catch Sam in a lie last night? | 昨晚你不是已经逮着山姆在撒谎了吗 |
[1:22:56] | And yesterday he goes ahead and makes a big cash deposit at the bank. | 并且昨天他在银行存了一大笔钱 |
[1:22:59] | If I told you once, I told you a hundred times | 我告诉过你了 我已经说了一百次了 |
[1:23:02] | that I won that money matchin’ quarters and halves, | 那是我赢得硬币比赛的奖金 |
[1:23:04] | and it took me three years to do it! | 我坚持了三年 |
[1:23:05] | Then why was it in big bills? | 那为什么是大票子 |
[1:23:06] | ‘Cause I checked at the bank. | 我银行查过了 |
[1:23:08] | Because whenever I got enough change, | 那是因为我凑够了就去换 |
[1:23:10] | I’d trade it in on$20 bills. | 每次换20美元的纸币 |
[1:23:12] | And when I got up to$600, | 当我累积到600美元时 |
[1:23:13] | I took it down and put it in the bank. | 我就把它存入银行 |
[1:23:14] | It’s simple as that. | 就这么简单 |
[1:23:15] | Well, all I know is that the day Colbert was killed, | 科尔伯特被杀时 |
[1:23:17] | he cashed a check for$900, | 他钱包里有900美元 |
[1:23:18] | $600 of which is missing, | 而其中600美元不见了 |
[1:23:20] | $300 which I believe you left in the wallet | 300美元留在钱包里 |
[1:23:22] | as sucker bait for some poor kid, | 是故意引诱 |
[1:23:23] | like that Harvey Oberst. | 像哈维这样的人的 |
[1:23:24] | What kind of man do you think I am? | 你把我当成什么人了 |
[1:23:26] | Now, don’t you push me, boy! | 别逼我 小子 |
[1:23:33] | Now listen, | 现在听着 |
[1:23:36] | if you weren’t suspicious of Sam here, | 如果你没有怀疑山姆 |
[1:23:39] | why did you question him last night when he changed his route? | 那你为什么昨晚在他改变路线时质问他 |
[1:23:45] | l already knew why he changed his route. | 因为我知道他为什么改变路线 |
[1:23:48] | Knew what? | 什么 |
[1:23:48] | He was afraid I’d see some naked white girl down the block. | 他害怕我在下一个街区看到一个裸体白人女孩 |
[1:23:52] | What you talkin’ about, naked white girls? | 什么裸体白人女孩 |
[1:23:54] | Some girl named Delores Purdy. | 那女孩名叫德洛丽丝·珀迪 |
[1:23:55] | She parades around in the nude at night to get her kicks. | 她有特殊癖好 经常在夜里裸体晃荡 |
[1:23:58] | That’s… | 就那样… |
[1:24:00] | – And how do you know? – l know, I know. | – 你怎么知道的 – 我知道 我就是知道 |
[1:24:02] | Well, I know, you understand? | 好了 我知道 你理解了吗 |
[1:24:05] | I know that Colbert cashed a check for$900. | 我知道科尔伯特换了900美元 |
[1:24:08] | I know that Sam made a big cash deposit. | 我还知道山姆存了一大笔现金 |
[1:24:11] | I know that you caught him in a lie. | 并且我知道你逮到了他说谎 |
[1:24:13] | And I know that’s enough for me. | 我知道这对我来说足够了 |
[1:24:16] | Come on, Sam. | 来吧 山姆 |
[1:24:19] | Martin, lock him up. | 马丁 把他关起来 |
[1:24:24] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[1:24:30] | Well.., you’re making a mistake. | 不过…你搞错了 |
[1:24:35] | Don’t you bet against it. | 别赌咒发誓了 |
[1:24:40] | You can catch your train now, Virgil. | 现在你可以去赶火车了 维吉 |
[1:25:05] | Tibbs? | 锑伯斯 |
[1:25:10] | Do you think Sam did it? | 你认为是山姆做的吗 |
[1:25:16] | Where do I find the chief? | 警长在哪里 |
[1:25:18] | – What’s this all about? – My business. | – 这是怎么回事 – 这是我的事 |
[1:25:21] | Hey- – | 嘿 |
[1:25:22] | Hey, look, Purdy. | 嘿 等会 珀迪 |
[1:25:25] | Now, you got a complaint? | 你要投诉 |
[1:25:26] | Well, right here’s where you file it. | 你得先到这里登记 |
[1:25:30] | What I got to say I say to the chief. | 我要说的一定要找警长说 |
[1:25:34] | It’s about Sam Wood. | 与山姆·伍德有关 |
[1:25:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:25:43] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[1:25:47] | Purdy’s out here, sir. It’s about Sam. | 珀迪在外面 警长 他要说山姆的事 |
[1:25:51] | All right. Send him in. | 好吧 让他进来 |
[1:26:04] | She is gonna have a baby. Sam Wood’s baby. | 她怀孕了 是山姆的 |
[1:26:13] | Well, ask her yourself if you don’t believe me. | 好 你不信就自己问问她吧 |
[1:26:17] | What are you doin’ here? | 你来这做什么 |
[1:26:21] | It’s important that I hear this. | 我听听 这对案子很重要 |
[1:26:27] | Well, I ain’t talkin’ ’bout this with him in the room. | 有他在房间里 我是不会说的 |
[1:26:34] | Boy, you don’t want a slough of trouble, you get. | 小子 你别自找麻烦 你 |
[1:26:36] | You be sensible. I’m a police officer. | 理智点 我是警察 |
[1:26:42] | You gonna get him outta here, or do Igotta do it? | 你不赶他走 那我来动手 |
[1:26:45] | You ain’t gonna do nothin’. | 你什么都不能做 |
[1:26:48] | You just stand there and shut up. | 给我站那儿闭嘴 |
[1:26:59] | Sit down, little girl. | 坐下 小姑娘 |
[1:27:05] | All right now. | 好了 现在 |
[1:27:08] | You tell me all about it. | 你告诉我 所有的 |
[1:27:11] | You just tell me how it happened. | 只要说是怎么发生的 |
[1:27:16] | Oh, come on, come on, girl, speak! | 噢 来吧 来吧 孩子 说吧 |
[1:27:18] | Well, you know how hot it’s been. | 好吧 你知道这几天很热 |
[1:27:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:27:22] | Nights, they aren’t any better. | 晚上 变得更热了 |
[1:27:26] | My brother works nights. | 我哥哥上夜班 |
[1:27:29] | He leaves me all alone. | 让我一个人在家 |
[1:27:32] | This particular night, I go out on the porch. | 有一天晚上 我出去站在门口 |
[1:27:36] | I’m thinkin’ how nice it’d be if I had a fountain drink. | 我正在想 要是有冰泉水喝那多好 |
[1:27:42] | Sam comes down our road, | 山姆开车过来 |
[1:27:45] | just like he comes every night. | 就像他每天晚上一样 |
[1:27:49] | Passin’ like a lord in that fine, big, shiny car. | 像骑士一样坐在那辆漂亮 大而闪亮的车里 |
[1:27:56] | Only this time he stops. | 只是 这次他停了下来 |
[1:28:01] | He’s got a nice face, don’t you think, Chief? | 他有一张英俊的脸 你不觉得吗 警长 |
[1:28:04] | So he stopped. | 所以他停下来 |
[1:28:10] | – And he says… – What? I didn’t hear what you said. | – 他说… – 什么 我没听清 |
[1:28:14] | He says, | 他说 |
[1:28:17] | “Hey, little girl. | 嘿 小姑娘 |
[1:28:21] | You know what the coolest spot in town is?” | 你知道这镇里最凉快的地方是哪里吗 |
[1:28:25] | And I said, “No, Sam, I guess I don’t.” | 然后我说:”不 山姆 我猜不到 “ |
[1:28:30] | And he said, “A cemetery, that’s where. | 然后他说:”坟场 就是那里” |
[1:28:36] | Know why? | “知道为什么吗” |
[1:28:39] | ‘Cause they got all them big, cool tombstones. | “因为那里有巨大 凉爽的墓碑” |
[1:28:45] | Ever stretch out on a tombstone, Delores? | “甚至可以在墓碑上舒展四肢 德洛丽丝” |
[1:28:49] | Feel all that nice, cool marble along your body?” | “可以让你的身体四周感受到美妙的凉爽的大理石” |
[1:28:59] | He said that? | 他那么说 |
[1:29:01] | You hear, Chief? You hear? | 你听到了 警长 你听到了吗? |
[1:29:03] | Yeah, I hear, I hear. | 是的 我听到了 我听到了 |
[1:29:05] | All right now, Sam comes along and stops in front of your house. | 好吧 山姆开车在你门前停下 |
[1:29:08] | He starts to talk to you. What else? | 和你聊天 然后呢 |
[1:29:11] | Well, come on now, girl. What else, what else, what else? | 好 继续 姑娘 后来呢 后来呢 后来呢 |
[1:29:16] | Then I went for a ride with him. | 然后我上了他的车 |
[1:29:17] | – Where’d you go? – To the cemetery. | – 你们去哪了 – 坟场啊 |
[1:29:20] | So Wood took you to the cemetery in the patrol car, right? | 那么 伍德用警车带你去了墓地 对吗 |
[1:29:25] | And then things went a little bit too far. | 接着事情变得有点过分 |
[1:29:26] | Is that what you’re saying? | 你是不是这个意思 |
[1:29:28] | Did they get a little bit outta line? | 他们就做了出格的事 |
[1:29:31] | Well, come on now. Is that what you’re tryin’ to say? | 继续 那就是你想要说的事吗 |
[1:29:34] | Come on, girl! Is it or ain’t it? Come on! | 说啊 姑娘 是还是不是 |
[1:29:36] | – Yeah, they went too far! – Well, fine! | – 是 他们出轨了 – 好 很好 |
[1:29:39] | Now, I got one more question…very important. | 现在 我再问你一个问题 非常重要的问题 |
[1:29:43] | Did he force you, or did you let him? | 是他强迫你的 还是你自愿的 |
[1:29:45] | Don’t mean a damn whether she let him or not! | 别TMD扯她愿意不愿意的 |
[1:29:47] | She is still 16! In this state, that’s rape. | 她只有16岁 在本州 那就是强奸 |
[1:29:50] | I checked on that. I know the plain law on that! | 我懂这条法律 |
[1:29:53] | I know the laws in the state of Mississippi, thank you! | 我懂密西西比州的法律 谢谢你 |
[1:29:59] | Are you sure you’re pregnant? | 你确定你已经怀孕 |
[1:30:00] | Yes, I am pregnant! | 是的 我怀孕了 |
[1:30:07] | – Courtney. – Yes, sir? | – 考特尼 – 在 警长 |
[1:30:09] | Better get in here with a pad and a pencil. | 拿笔和纸进来 |
[1:30:17] | Come on in. I want you to take this all down. | 进来 我要你把这些都记下来 |
[1:30:19] | You had no right to keep a nigger in the room. | 你没有权利让这个黑鬼呆在这里 |
[1:30:23] | Shame my little sister. | 这是羞辱我妹妹 |
[1:30:26] | You had no right. | 你没有权利 |
[1:30:30] | Uh, Virge, what’s happenin’? | 维吉 发生什么了 |
[1:30:33] | – Hi, Harv. – How are you, Virgil? | – 嘿 哈维 – 你还好吗 |
[1:30:35] | All right. | 我没事 |
[1:30:36] | Man, uh, uh… | 哥们 嗯哼… |
[1:30:40] | You sure saved my hide. | 你真的救了我 |
[1:30:41] | Listen, Harvey. | 听着 哈维 |
[1:30:43] | Man, uh… | 哥们… |
[1:30:47] | if a guy knocks up a girl in this town, | 如果这镇上有人把一个女孩搞大了肚子 |
[1:30:49] | where can he go for help? | 他可能去哪里打胎 |
[1:30:53] | Uh, barbershop. | 理发店 |
[1:30:55] | Barbershop? | 理发店 |
[1:30:57] | Borrow Mr. Fanning’s razor and cut your throat. | 借范宁先生的剃刀 然后割开自己的喉咙 |
[1:31:02] | Well… | 嗯 |
[1:31:05] | But suppose Mr. Fanning’s razor is too dull. | 借范宁先生剃刀的故事太老土了 |
[1:31:08] | Suppose he’s got some real money to spread around. | 假设他还有不少现金可花 |
[1:31:15] | Uh… | 嗯… |
[1:31:18] | Well, uh… | 好吧… |
[1:31:21] | there used to be a colored gal… | 以前有个黑女人 |
[1:31:24] | but, uh, she kept bumping her price, | 不过她总是在抬价 |
[1:31:27] | and I don’t know if she’s still in business. | 我也不清楚她是否还做这门生意了 |
[1:31:30] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[1:31:31] | Well, I ain’t never had to look her up, | 我从来没有见过 |
[1:31:34] | but, uh, Packy might know. | 不过 帕基可能知道 |
[1:31:39] | Where do I find Packy? | 上哪能找到帕基 |
[1:31:42] | Down at the pool hall. | 去台球馆找吧 |
[1:31:44] | But, man, he wouldn’t tell you, | 不过 伙计 他不会告诉你的 |
[1:31:47] | not unless I say so. | 除非我叫他说 |
[1:31:49] | And, uh, how am I gonna say so locked up in here? | 但是 我关在这里没法去同他说 |
[1:31:52] | Suppose I get word to Packy that you wanna see him, | 假如我给他捎话 说你想见他 |
[1:31:55] | have him come here? | 他会来这里吗 |
[1:32:00] | You’d let him bring me a cheeseburger? | 能否让他给我带个芝士汉堡 |
[1:32:07] | Onions? | 加洋葱不 |
[1:32:09] | Now you’re talkin’. | 就按你说的 |
[1:32:12] | Uh, uh, Virge? | 喂 维吉 |
[1:33:07] | Gettin’ a little careless, ain’t ya, Virgil? | 维吉 你太不小心了 |
[1:33:09] | Leaving your car parked in the road like that. | 车停路上 |
[1:33:11] | Gonna get yourself killed. | 你会招惹杀身之祸的 |
[1:33:13] | Anybody’d know where you are. | 这样谁都知道你在哪里了 |
[1:33:17] | – You know what this land is? – Yeah, I know what it is. | – 你知道这地是做什么的吗 – 当然 |
[1:33:19] | It’s the site for the new factory. | 这是新工厂的地皮 |
[1:33:22] | I found a piece of wood in Colbert’s scalp. | 我在科尔伯特头皮上找到一片木头 |
[1:33:24] | The lab identified it as pine. | 实验室检测说是松木 |
[1:33:28] | Three people saw Colbert drive by their houses, alone, | 有三个人说看到科尔伯特是单独 |
[1:33:30] | on the way back from End icott’s. | 开车离开恩迪科特家的 |
[1:33:33] | Colbert must have picked up somebody in townand then… | 他一定是在路上捎了个人 然后… |
[1:33:35] | come out here. | 再来到这里的 |
[1:33:37] | Boy, you got it all figured out, ain’t you, Virgil? | 要我说 |
[1:33:39] | I tell you, he didn’t pick up nobody. | 他根本没有捎人 |
[1:33:40] | I tell you that Sam followed him out here in the patrol car. | 只有山姆尾随着他 |
[1:33:43] | Sam come up behind him, just like I come up behind you. | 悄悄站在他身后 就象我刚才一样 |
[1:33:45] | I heard you coming. Colbert would have heard too. | 我听到你了 科尔伯特也能听到 |
[1:33:47] | Yeah, he heard! He turned and he got smashed! | 所以 他转身后被击中了 |
[1:33:49] | He was hit from behind. | 他是在背后被击中的 |
[1:33:50] | If Delores Purdy hadn’t come into your office, | 如果德洛丽丝没有出现 |
[1:33:52] | I never would have seen the truth. | 我根本不可能想到真相 |
[1:33:54] | I was hung up trying to get End icott | 我一心想捉住恩迪科特的破绽 |
[1:33:56] | for personal reasons. | 但却只是个人成见 |
[1:33:58] | Do you know what I’m gonna do, Virgil? | 你知道我想做什么吗 维吉 |
[1:34:00] | I’m gonna take you over to Brownsville | 我想让你回布朗斯维尔 |
[1:34:02] | and put you on the bus myself! | 我亲自把你送上车 |
[1:34:04] | You aren’t taking me anywhere, you dig? | 你不能赶我走 你仔细想想 |
[1:34:06] | You’re holding the wrong man! | 你已经抓错了一个人 |
[1:34:08] | What do you mean I’m holding the wrong man? | 你说我抓错人 |
[1:34:09] | I got the motive, which is money, | 我发现了动机 那就是钱 |
[1:34:10] | and the body, which is dead! | 还有一具尸体 |
[1:34:13] | – What makes you so sure? – Why do you doubt it? | – 你真的确信 – 为什么你总是怀疑 |
[1:34:15] | Because Colbert was killed here, | 因为科尔伯特是在此被杀的 |
[1:34:18] | then driven back to town in his own car | 然后开车回到镇上 |
[1:34:19] | and dumped on the streets. | 并把尸体扔在大街上 |
[1:34:21] | Sam couldn’t have driven two cars. | 山姆不可能同时开两辆车 |
[1:34:54] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[1:34:58] | Give me till morning. | 给我时间到明天早上 |
[1:35:43] | You know… | 你知道… |
[1:35:46] | You know, Virgil, you are among the chosen few. | 你知道吗 维吉 你是万中无一的幸运儿 |
[1:35:52] | How’s that? | 为何这么说 |
[1:35:54] | Well, I think that you’re the first human | 自我搬到这里后 |
[1:35:56] | being that’s ever been in here. | 你是第一个到我家的客人 |
[1:36:03] | Well, you can’t be too careful, man. | 好 你不能这么挑剔 哥们 |
[1:36:10] | You know a lot of things, don’t ya? | 你懂得很多事情 对吧 |
[1:36:14] | Well, just what do you know about insomnia? | 那么 你对失眠又了解多少呢 |
[1:36:23] | Bourbon can’t cure it. | 波旁威士忌对失眠没有帮助 |
[1:36:29] | Well, that’s for sure. | 是 那倒确实 |
[1:36:33] | Now, look. | 说我吧 |
[1:36:34] | I got no wife, I got no kids. | 我没有妻子 没有孩子 |
[1:36:37] | Boy, I got a town that don’t want me. | 兄弟 我在这个镇上 但这个镇并不喜欢我 |
[1:36:47] | Oh, and I got an air-conditioner that I have to oil myself | 我只有一个空调 还得我自己上油 |
[1:36:52] | and a desk with a busted leg. | 还有一个瘸腿的书桌 |
[1:36:53] | And on top of that, I got… | 最重要的是 我得… |
[1:36:57] | this, uh… place. | 这些…地方 |
[1:37:02] | Now, don’t you think that’d drive a man to take a few drinks? | 你不觉得这种生活只会让男人多喝几杯吗 |
[1:37:14] | I’ll tell you a secret. | 我告诉你一个秘密 |
[1:37:17] | Nobody comes here. | 没人会来这 |
[1:37:21] | Never. | 没人 |
[1:37:33] | You married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[1:37:36] | No. | 没有 |
[1:37:40] | Ever been? | 以前呢 |
[1:37:44] | No. | 没有 |
[1:37:50] | Ever been close to it? | 曾经快成功了吗 |
[1:38:05] | Close to it. | 差一点 |
[1:38:12] | Don’t you get just… a little lonely? | 难道你不觉得…有点孤独吗 |
[1:38:24] | No lonelier than you, man. | 比不上你 哥们 |
[1:38:32] | Oh, now, don’t get smart, black boy. | 别装糊涂 黑小子 |
[1:38:38] | I don’t need it. | 我不需要 |
[1:38:46] | No pity, thank you. | 我不需要同情 谢谢 |
[1:38:53] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[1:39:03] | – Yeah? – Chief? | – 是谁 – 警长 |
[1:39:05] | – Yeah? – You know where I can find Virgil? | – 是我 – 你知道上哪找维吉吗 |
[1:39:09] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[1:39:11] | Packy, Chief. Packy Harrison. | 帕基 警长 帕基·哈里森 |
[1:39:14] | I’m a friend of Harv’s. | 我是哈维的朋友 |
[1:39:18] | You got something for me? | 你要给我东西 |
[1:39:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:39:22] | Where you goin’? | 你去哪里 |
[1:39:23] | Where whitey ain’t allowed. | 一个白人不能去的地方 |
[1:39:25] | What the hell does that mean? | 你到底是什么意思 |
[1:39:27] | You gave me till morning, remember? | 你答应我到早上的 记得吗 |
[1:40:03] | – He’s gone. – Hell, he could have exchanged cars by now. | – 这是他的车 – 他可能换了一辆车 |
[1:40:06] | Let’s dog him. | 我们去找他 |
[1:40:07] | Now you stick here. We’ll keep cruisin’. | 你守在这里 我们四处找找 |
[1:40:20] | You find him, you come back for me, you hear? | 你找到他就回来叫我 听到了吗 |
[1:40:27] | That’s her place here. | 那是她的房子 |
[1:40:29] | You want me to wait? | 你需要我等你吗 |
[1:40:31] | No, thank you, Packy. | 不用了 谢谢你 帕基 |
[1:40:34] | You go on home. | 你可以回家了 |
[1:41:18] | Mrs. Bellamy? | 贝拉米太太 |
[1:41:20] | People around here call me Mama Caleba. | 周围的人都叫我卡拉巴大妈 |
[1:41:23] | Mama, I’m not from around here. | 大妈 我不是这里的人 |
[1:41:26] | But you can put me on my train. | 但你可以送我上火车 |
[1:41:28] | You talk crazy. | 你在说疯话 |
[1:41:31] | You gin drunk? | 你喝多了吗 |
[1:41:33] | Just homesick. | 只是想家了 |
[1:41:37] | Lord, Lord! | 天哪 天哪 |
[1:41:39] | Whisper two little words, Mama, and I’m on my way. | 只要简单说两句 大妈 我就走人 |
[1:41:43] | Maybe… | 好吧… |
[1:41:44] | I don’t want to sever a beautiful chile like you right out. | 我并不想拒绝为一个像你这样的帅小伙服务的 |
[1:41:56] | A man’s name. | 一个男人的名字而已 |
[1:42:02] | First name, last name. | 名 姓都要 |
[1:42:06] | The man who’s payin’ you for Delores Purdy’s abortion. | 这个男人给你钱 是为了给德洛丽丝·帕迪打胎 |
[1:42:09] | You’re the boy who works for Mr. Charlie. | 你是给查理先生打工的 |
[1:42:14] | I thought that’s who you was. | 我认为你就是这种人 |
[1:42:17] | Why you wanna do that? | 你为何要这样做呢 |
[1:42:21] | Why you wanna help the police like that? | 为什么你这么想帮警察呢 |
[1:42:24] | They stealin’ your soul. | 他们是在吞噬你的灵魂 |
[1:42:27] | They chew you up and spit you out. | 他们吃人不吐骨头 |
[1:42:31] | I’m not here to lay a finger on you, Mama. | 我来此不是找你麻烦的 大妈 |
[1:42:35] | It’s the white boy I want. | 我只想要那个白人 |
[1:42:38] | What you got against him? He’s paying for his fun. | 你找他做什么 他为玩乐的后果买单了 |
[1:42:40] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[1:42:42] | I’ll bet you he’s not paying you more than a hundred. | 我打赌 他付给你的不超过100元 |
[1:42:44] | You know how much he’s got in his pocket right now? | 你知道他从别人钱包里拿了多少钱 |
[1:42:46] | More than$600. | 最少600元 |
[1:42:49] | That cracker? | 你在吹牛 |
[1:42:53] | Where’d he come off getting 600? | 他从哪里能拿到600元 |
[1:42:55] | He killed Mr. Colbert. | 他杀了科尔伯特先生 |
[1:42:58] | Oh- – | 哦 |
[1:43:00] | You gone crazy out of your mind. | 你失心疯了 |
[1:43:02] | Now, listen and hear me good, Mama, please. | 现在给我听好了 大妈 拜托 |
[1:43:05] | Don’t make me have to send you to jail. | 别逼我送你去坐牢 |
[1:43:09] | Lot you care. | 你说话注意点 |
[1:43:10] | There’s white time in jail and there’s colored time in jail. | 牢里有白人 也有黑人 |
[1:43:13] | The worst kind of time you can do is colored time. | 更糟糕的是你是黑人 |
[1:43:19] | Chile, | 孩子 |
[1:43:22] | you promise… | 你能保证… |
[1:43:25] | Give me understandin’. | 放过我吗 |
[1:43:28] | I got used to better. | 我已经习惯现在的生活 |
[1:43:31] | You won’t take it away? | 你不会拿走它吧 |
[1:43:37] | I won’t take it away. | 我不会 |
[1:43:41] | Well, I don’t know his name, | 恩…不知道他叫什么 |
[1:43:46] | but she’s comin’ here tonight, | 不过她今晚会来 |
[1:43:49] | get herself straight. | 她自己来处理 |
[1:44:07] | Let go! Let me go! | 放开我 让我走 |
[1:44:09] | – Let go of her! – Let go of me! Let go of me! | – 放开她 – 放开我 放开我 |
[1:44:12] | – Let go of her! – Letgo! Letgo of me! | – 放开她 – 放开我 |
[1:44:18] | I’m gonna teach you, boy. | 我要教训教训你 小子 |
[1:44:21] | No club this time, man? | 这不是开玩笑吧 伙计 |
[1:44:24] | Gun’s not smart. | 枪不长眼 |
[1:44:26] | The way you killed Colbert was much smarter. | 你杀科尔伯特的方式可聪明多了 |
[1:44:29] | You killed Colbert. | 你杀了科尔伯特 |
[1:44:31] | He’s crazy. | 他疯了 |
[1:44:33] | Crazy. | 疯了 |
[1:44:47] | Look at him! | 看他 |
[1:44:49] | You had me clear. | 这下看清了 |
[1:44:51] | Come on! Get him! | 加油 抓住他 |
[1:44:52] | Come on. Come on. | 来吧 来吧 |
[1:44:54] | – Kill – Get him him! up there. | – 杀了 – 抓住他在那里 |
[1:44:56] | – You got it. – Okay, nigger. | – 你明白了 – 好了 黑鬼 |
[1:44:58] | Your time, nigger. | 你的时间到了 黑鬼 |
[1:45:00] | Look in her purse. | 看看她的钱包 |
[1:45:03] | What’s that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[1:45:05] | She’s got$100 to pay for an abortion. | 她拿100美元来打胎 |
[1:45:07] | Listen to that… that fancy… | 听 这太疯狂了 |
[1:45:09] | Money she got from Ralph. | 钱是她从拉尔夫那拿的 |
[1:45:12] | You gonna listen to him? | 你别听他胡说 |
[1:45:15] | He got her to tell you that Sam Wood did it. | 他让她骗你说是山姆做的 |
[1:45:19] | He made a fool outta you, Purdy. | 他把你当傻子玩 帕迪 |
[1:45:22] | – Delores. – Liar! | – 德洛丽丝 – 胡说 |
[1:45:25] | You stinkin’ liar! | 你这臭骗子 |
[1:45:29] | – My purse! – Let go of her! | – 我的钱包 – 放开她 |
[1:45:45] | You turned my little sister… | 你竟然把我妹妹 |
[1:45:48] | into a field slut. | 搞成了一个荡妇 |
[1:45:52] | Lloyd! | 天啊 |
[1:45:54] | – Lloyd! – Hey, man. Step back. He’s got a gun. | – 天啊 – 退后 他有枪 |
[1:46:01] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[1:46:06] | Oh, Lloyd. Oh, Lloyd. | 哦 劳埃德 哦 劳埃德 |
[1:46:12] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:46:15] | That night when I left her house, I was going to the diner, | 那晚我离开她家后 想去吃点东西 |
[1:46:17] | and Mr. Colbert drove by, | 科尔伯特先生路过 |
[1:46:18] | so I hitched a ride with him, that’s all. | 我请求他捎我一段路 |
[1:46:20] | I said, | 我说 |
[1:46:21] | “I sure would like a job in that new factory once you get started.” | “我非常想在你的新工厂开工后去那上班” |
[1:46:24] | And he said, “Sure.” | 然后他说”当然可以” |
[1:46:26] | And I said, well, I wondered where it was gonna be. | 接着我说”我想看看新工厂在哪里” |
[1:46:29] | He said, well, that field we were coming to right up ahead was it. | 他说就在前面 |
[1:46:32] | He was gonna stop and show me. | 他会带我去看 |
[1:46:34] | I said to myself, man, he’s askin’ for it. | 我心里想 别怪我 这是他自找的 |
[1:46:38] | I said, now, Ralph, | 我说 现在 拉尔夫 |
[1:46:40] | all you gotta do when we get out | 我们下车后你要做的就是 |
[1:46:43] | is just sneak up behind him | 偷偷溜到他后面 |
[1:46:45] | and just tap him. | 然后 击倒他 |
[1:46:48] | And then just claim that somebody jumped us from the bushes. | 然后就声称有人从灌木丛中袭击了我们 |
[1:46:58] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[1:47:01] | I didn’t mean to kill him. | 我并不想杀他 |
[1:47:09] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:47:11] | All right, Courtney, that’s enough. | 好了 考特尼 这样足够了 |
[1:47:24] | All right, come on now. | 好了 走吧 |
[1:47:40] | That’s alt | 就这样 |
[1:47:44] | I didn ‘t mean to kill him. | 我并不想杀他 |
[1:48:30] | Well, got your ticket? | 好了 你有车票吗 |
[1:48:33] | Here you are. | 给你 |
[1:48:36] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[1:48:40] | – Bye- bye. – Bye. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[1:48:48] | Virgil. | 维吉 |
[1:48:54] | You take care, you hear? | 你多保重 你听到了吗 |
[1:49:02] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:49:13] | Board! | 开动 |
[1:49:18] | In the heat of the night | 在这炎热的夜晚 |
[1:49:27] | I’ve got trouble wall- to- wall | 我四处碰壁 |
[1:49:32] | Whoa, yes, I have | 噢 是的 我拥有 |
[1:49:36] | I repeat | 我重复着 |
[1:49:38] | I repeat, in the night | 我重复着 在这夜里 |
[1:49:43] | Must be an ending to it all | 必须结束这一切 |
[1:49:49] | Ooh | 哦 |
[1:49:52] | Oh, Lord, it won ‘t be long | 只要坚持 它不会长久 |
[1:49:57] | Yeah, you be strong | 只要你坚强 |
[1:50:00] | And it’ll be all right | 一切都会好的 |
[1:50:03] | In the heat of the night | 在这炎热夜晚 |
[1:50:06] | In the heat of the night | 在这炎热夜晚 |