英文名称:In Her Shoes
年代:2005
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:20] | Your 10-year high school reunion. | 参加10年高中聚会 |
[02:23] | Oh, everybody wants to make a good impression, and I was making mine on | 人人都想留个好印象 我的目标就是 |
[02:27] | Ted? Tad? Whatever. | 泰德 塔德 随便啦 |
[02:39] | I know, not exactly Most Likely to Succeed… | 我知道 我看起来不太可能有什么出息了 |
[02:41] | but it’s not like I had a law degree to brag about… | 我没有法律学位来炫耀 |
[02:44] | or a Rittenhouse Square apartment, or a fancyjob. | 有一套利顿豪斯广场的公寓 或是一份好工作 |
[02:47] | Or a job, period. | 或是短期工 |
[02:50] | Is that it? | 是吗 |
[02:52] | Yes, baby, that’s, that’s it. | 是的 宝贝 是 是的 |
[03:02] | There are women, thinner women | 有这么种女人 身材苗条 |
[03:05] | who have lace bras, silk thongs… | 穿着蕾丝内衣 丝绸丁字裤 |
[03:08] | things designed to excite a man. | 这些能让男人兴奋的东西 |
[03:13] | A thong would look ridiculous on me. | 我穿丁字裤会笑死人 |
[03:16] | I wear cotton briefs. | 我穿纯棉内裤 |
[03:18] | My life is about working long hours… | 我的生活就是不停工作 |
[03:20] | planning trips I never take… | 计划那些还没实现的旅行 |
[03:22] | and settling for love found on the pages of romance novels. | 期待一场浪漫小说中的爱情 |
[03:29] | And because things like this never happen to me… | 因为这一切从来没有发生过 |
[03:33] | the lawyer in me wants proof. | 我的律师精神让我追求证据 |
[03:46] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[03:59] | Is this Rose Feller? | 是罗丝·菲勒吗 |
[04:01] | Who is this? | 你是 |
[04:02] | My name’s Todd. I’m here with your sister. | 我是托德 我和你妹妹在一起 |
[04:05] | Things like this, on the other hand, happen all the time. | 这种我不希望的事却常常发生 |
[04:45] | Those are my shoes. | 这是我的鞋 |
[04:48] | You know, it is actually possible to attend a reunion… | 你知道的 事实上 参加聚会 |
[04:52] | and not wind up passed out on the bathroom floor. | 很有可能最后不用躺在洗手间地板上 |
[04:59] | 1994 called. It wants its hair scrunchie back. | 1994年在召唤 它要要回那个发带 |
[05:04] | Oh. | 噢 |
[05:07] | How are the fashionable girls wearing their hair these days… | 现在那些头型前卫的时髦女孩 |
[05:10] | when they pick up their drunk sisters in the middle of the night? | 大半夜去接他们酩酊大醉的妹妹又是怎样 |
[05:17] | Is that even a dress? | 这也叫件衣服 |
[05:20] | Just drive. | 开你的车吧 |
[05:30] | Shit. | 该死 |
[05:47] | You’re drunk! | 你喝多了 |
[05:48] | Shh. Don’t let Sydelle know. | 嘘 别让希黛尔知道 |
[05:53] | Oops. | 哎哟 |
[05:55] | I was very clear. | 我很清醒 |
[05:57] | You can only stay here if there was none of your nonsense. | 除非你不再胡闹 不然你不能在这待着 |
[06:00] | Excuse me. I’m gonna go to bed. | 抱歉 我要上床睡觉了 |
[06:02] | And throw up all over my white carpets? | 然后吐一地毯 是吧 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1520个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:221个,六级词汇:107个,GRE词汇:120个,托福词汇:171个,考研词汇:249个,专四词汇:193个,专八词汇:34个, 所有生词标注共:463个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:04] | Absolutely not. Take your things and go. | 想都甭想 拿上你的东西 走吧 |
[06:06] | Where is she supposed to go? | 她能去哪 |
[06:07] | -I don’t care. Take her home with you. -No way. | -我不管 你把她带走 -没门 |
[06:10] | Gee, you two really know how to make a girl feel special. | 继续 你们俩都知道如何让一个女孩觉得自己特别 |
[06:14] | -I want to talk to Dad about this. -Your father’s asleep. | -我要跟爸爸谈谈 -你爸已经睡着了 |
[06:16] | My Marcia and her husband are coming for brunch tomorrow. | 我的玛西亚明天和他丈夫来吃午早餐 |
[06:19] | He needs his rest. | 他需要休息 |
[06:20] | I’m sure if he were given the choice of resting up for your child | 我坚信 如果让他选择 是要为见你的孩子而休息 |
[06:23] | or talking to his own, he’d choose me. | 还是跟我这个亲生的聊天 他会选择我 |
[06:26] | Did you just raise your eyebrow? | 你觉得有什么问题么 |
[06:29] | I can’t tell. It doesn’t | 我说不上来 它不 |
[06:31] | It doesn’t move anymore. | 它都不动了 |
[06:38] | My Marcia’s coming for brunch. | 我的玛莎要来吃早午餐 |
[06:41] | To stuff her anorexic face. | 塞满她那张贪得无厌的脸 |
[06:50] | What… is… this? | 这个 是 什么 |
[06:57] | Rose Feller! | 罗丝·菲勒 |
[06:59] | -Is there a man in this house? -Shh! | -这屋里有个男人 -嘘 |
[07:03] | -A human man? -Shh, Maggie! | -一个男人 -嘘 麦琪 |
[07:05] | Oh. | 喔 |
[07:08] | No, give me that! | -别动 给我 |
[07:10] | -No! Ooh! -Maggie, Maggie! | -不要 噢 -麦琪 麦琪 |
[07:16] | -Yummy. Yummy. -Shh! | -可爱 可爱 -嘘 |
[07:19] | He’s cute. Who is he? | 他真可爱 他是谁 |
[07:21] | None of your business. | -与你无关 |
[07:24] | Well, I, for one… | 好吧 我 |
[07:29] | Am shocked… | 我很吃惊 |
[07:32] | and appalled. | 大惊失色 |
[07:34] | Shh! Don’t, Maggie. Shut up. | 嘘 别这样 麦琪 闭嘴吧 |
[07:41] | Life doesn’t have to be this hard, Mag. | 没有必要生活的这么辛苦的 麦琪 |
[07:46] | If you just prepared a little, you know, maybe went back to school? | 只要你稍微准备一下 你还是可以回学校的 |
[07:48] | Oh, right. Because that worked so well the first time. | 嗯 对 就跟我当初学得还不错似的 |
[07:53] | I mean the literacy place. | 我指的是文学方面 |
[07:56] | Retard U. | 你 白痴 |
[07:59] | -If you just went back, finished up there -Right. | -如果你回去 继续完成的话 -好了 |
[08:01] | Maybe it’ll help you figure out what you’re good at. | 或许那能帮你找出什么是自己擅长的 |
[08:04] | I know what I’m good at. | 我知道我擅长什么 |
[08:08] | -Besides that. -Oh. | -除了那个 -哦 |
[08:10] | You have so much potential. | 你有很多潜力 |
[08:13] | -You do realize I’m drunk, don’t you? -Hmm. | -你明明知道我醉了 对不对 -嗯 |
[08:22] | Remember Honey Bun? | 记得哈尼邦吗 |
[08:30] | How long did we have him for? | 我们拥有了多长时间 |
[08:35] | -A day. -Mmm. | -一天 -嗯 |
[08:39] | That was a good day. | 真是美好的一天 |
[08:45] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:12] | -Oh. Good morning, um -Mmm. | -噢 早上好 -嗯 |
[09:14] | -Hi. -Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[09:16] | -Is that English? -Oh, Jim. | -说的是英语吗 -噢 吉姆 |
[09:18] | This is my sister, Maggie. | 这是我妹妹 麦琪 |
[09:21] | She just dropped by last night to visit. | 她昨天晚上顺便过来的 |
[09:24] | Right. | 没错 |
[09:32] | -Good morning. -Good morning! | -早啊 -早 |
[09:41] | -I’m sorry about that. -It’s not a problem. | -很抱歉变成这样 -这没什么 |
[09:44] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[09:52] | I could’ve sworn I had some 20s here. | 我记得我口袋里有20块钱的 |
[10:05] | Mm-hmm! Okay. | 嗯 好了 |
[10:33] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[10:41] | Sherbet. | 冰果汁 |
[10:50] | Where does she get the time to do this? | 她哪来的时间干这个 |
[10:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:55] | I love you. | 爱你 |
[11:05] | All right, Rose. What do you got? | 好啦 罗丝 你找到的都是什么 |
[11:17] | Oh, shit! | 噢 该死 |
[11:18] | There’s a man in this picture? | 这照片上有个男人 |
[11:21] | Oh, shut up! I had technical difficulties. | 住嘴 我有技术上的问题 |
[11:24] | -Who’s next? -Trust me. Look, he’s gorgeous. | -下一个 -相信我 瞧 他很有才华 |
[11:26] | -Thank you. -And smart and totally… smoldering. | -谢谢 -聪明 而且满腔有待爆发的激情 |
[11:30] | -Can you make that a full pound of the hot sopresata? -You got it. | -能给我来一斤热肠么 -没问题 |
[11:33] | Office romances can go very bad. | 办公室恋情可能会很糟 |
[11:36] | Well, they can also go very good. | 当然也会进行的很好 |
[11:37] | You know, 30% of married women met their husbands at work. | 30%的已婚女人都是在公司遇到他们的老公 |
[11:40] | -Where did you get that statistic? -Made it up. | -你从哪看的这个统计结果 -编的 |
[11:45] | All extracurricular activity happens off, campus, his place or yours. | 所有那些 课后活动 不是他家 就是你家 |
[11:50] | No, his. Mine’s a little crowded these days. Maggie. | 不 在他家 这些天我家有点挤 因为麦琪 |
[11:55] | -No! -Just till she finds a job. | -不 -只能等她找到工作 |
[11:58] | You say that like that’s something she’s remotely capable of. | 你说过有些东西是她能做到的 |
[12:01] | Why do you let her do this to you? | 你怎么能让她这么对你 |
[12:03] | Because… she’s my sister. | 因为 她是我妹妹 |
[12:13] | All right. What’s your name? | 好了 你叫什么名字 |
[12:15] | Maggie May Feller. What’s yours? | 麦琪 梅 菲勒 你呢 |
[12:19] | Some of you who had plans for the weekend are, | 你们当中如果有人有了周末计划 |
[12:21] | unfortunately, going to have to cancel. | 很不幸 得取消了 |
[12:23] | The settlement discussions for the Donaldson case have broken down completely… | 唐纳森案子的调解谈判已经完全崩溃 |
[12:27] | so we’ll need to start gearing up for trial. | 所以我们需要开始为审判做准备 |
[12:30] | Simon, you should put together a deposition schedule today. | 赛蒙 你今天要整理一份庭审证词日程 |
[12:33] | And, Ellen, you should start drafting a summary judgment motion. | 艾伦 起草一份判决申请总结 |
[12:35] | I’ll need to see that before we file it, | 在申请之前给我看一下 |
[12:37] | so you’ll need to get it to me by Thursday, okay? | 周四给我 明白了吗 |
[12:39] | Let’s get to it. | 开始干活吧 |
[12:41] | Listen, uh, I’m supposed to go to Chicago… | 呃 我本来下周末应该去芝加哥的 |
[12:44] | to do some recruiting interviews next weekend, but it’s my kid’s birthday. | 有一个招募见面会 但那天是我小孩的生日 |
[12:47] | -Can you go for me? -Chicago? | -你能替我去吗 -芝加哥 |
[12:49] | -Yeah. -It’s cold there. | -是的 -那儿很冷 |
[12:50] | -Aw, come on. I promised I’d be the clown. -I don’t know. | -拜托了 我答应要扮演小丑的 -我不清楚 |
[12:54] | If I could drag an associate along to help with interviews | 要是我能拉一个助手一起帮我做访问 |
[12:56] | so I don’t fall behind. | 这样就能跟上节奏了 |
[12:58] | Uh, Feller? | 呃 菲勒 |
[13:00] | -Any interest? Chicago? -Oh, gee, | -有兴趣吗 去芝加哥 -呃 |
[13:04] | I don’t know. I mean, like you said, it’s… pretty cold there. | 我是说 就像你说的 那很冷 |
[13:08] | Buy some mittens. | 买些手套 |
[13:14] | Rose. Your sister. | 罗丝 你妹妹 |
[13:17] | Guess who’s in New York waiting for her callback to be the next MTV veejay? | 猜猜是谁现在在纽约等着成为下一名MTV主持人 |
[13:21] | Well, uh | 是嘛 呃 |
[13:24] | Out of curiosity, um, how much did it cost you to get up there? | 好奇之余 你哪儿来的路费 |
[13:27] | Who cares? I’ll make it back. | 谁在乎 我会赚回来的 |
[13:29] | Oh, right, when MTV hires you and makes you a great big star. | 噢 那什么时候MTV会雇你 把你捧成大明星 |
[13:32] | Would it kill you to be supportive? | 支持我你会死啊 |
[13:35] | I mean, would that just send you into “anaphallic” shock or something? | 我的意思是 这样又能让你被生殖器崇拜吓到 |
[13:39] | Anaphylactic, Maggie, not “anaphallic.” | 是”敏感” 麦琪 不是”生殖器崇拜” |
[13:41] | Maggie May Feller! | 麦琪 梅 菲勒 |
[13:44] | I have to go. That’s me. | 我得走了 是我 |
[13:47] | -You’re next. -Excuse me. | -你是下一个 -借过一下 |
[13:49] | -Welcome back, Maggie May. -Thank you. It’s good to be back. | -欢迎回来 麦琪·梅 -谢谢 回来真好 |
[13:53] | Now, you see the screen with the words on it? | 现在 你看着屏幕上的字 |
[13:58] | Just read what it says… | 照着念出来 |
[14:00] | and just… look into the camera… | 对着镜头 |
[14:03] | and give it that-that personality. | 赋予它个性 |
[14:08] | Just let it shine through. | 充分发挥出来 |
[14:14] | Okay, whenever you’re ready. | 好了 你随时可以开始 |
[14:19] | -It’s Friday afternoon on -Oh. | 这是周五的中午 在 噢 |
[14:27] | -Okay. Let’s try again. -Okay. | -好 我们再来一次 -好吧 |
[14:30] | Just relax. | 放松就好 |
[14:35] | It’s Friday afternoon on TRL and | “这里是周五下午的TRL节目” |
[14:41] | Take it back. | 倒回来 |
[14:45] | It’s Friday afternoon on TRL and later today | 这里是周五下午的TRL节目 今天晚些时候 |
[14:54] | You okay, Maggie May? | 你可以走了 麦琪 梅 |
[14:58] | Yeah. | 是 |
[15:12] | Well? Are you famous yet? | 噢 已经成名了 |
[15:21] | Aposition in retail. | 销售员求职 |
[15:24] | Employment history? | 就业简历 |
[15:29] | What was your last job? | 你上一份工作是什么 |
[15:32] | -LuckyJeans for three weeks. -Why’d it end? | -在”幸运牛仔裤” 干了仨礼拜 -为什么不干了 |
[15:38] | Some crazy bitch with a coupon. | 一个拿着赠券的疯婆子 |
[15:40] | The coupon says 15%! 15% of the total! | 赠券上写着15% 全部的15% |
[15:44] | 15% of 42! Do the math! What’s your problem? | 42乘以15% 算算 你是怎么了 |
[15:47] | Okay, well, if anyone asks, just… | 好吧 要是有人问的话 只是 |
[15:49] | say it wasn’t challenging enough. | 这么说不够吸引人 |
[15:52] | And before that was the restaurant, right? The Canal House? | 在那之前是在餐馆 对吗 运河宫 |
[16:08] | And before that? | 在那之前呢 |
[16:12] | Before that? The Gap. | 在那之前 在盖普服饰店 |
[16:15] | Before that? The Limited. | 在那之前 |
[16:20] | Wanamaker’s Fragrance, Wanamaker’s Accessories. | 万娜梅克香料 万娜梅克饰品 |
[16:23] | Oh, come on. You really don’t want to do this right now, do you? | 好了 你真的想现在弄这些东西吗 是吗 |
[16:26] | No, but I also don’t want you on my couch for the next three months. | 是 我不想让你后三个月还赖在我的沙发上 |
[16:32] | I’ll let you do my resume if you let me do your makeup. | 要是你让我给你化妆 我就让你做我的简历 |
[16:37] | -Forget it. -Why? | -算了吧 -为什么 |
[16:39] | I don’t know-at some point today, I have to face the world… | 怎么说呢 从今天某种角度 我要面对整个世界 |
[16:41] | and I’d rather not do it looking like a $20 hooker. | 我不想让自己看起来像个只值20块钱的妓女 |
[16:44] | Oh, come on. I promise you’ll still look like you, just better. | 来吧 我保证你还是你 只是看起来更好了 |
[16:50] | Let’s go pick out an outfit for inspiration. Shoes. | 我们去找提升气质的必备品 鞋子 |
[16:53] | -I don’t have… -Shoes! | -我没 -鞋子 |
[16:58] | You know… | 知道吗 |
[16:59] | you don’t even wear most of these. | 大部分你都没穿过 |
[17:03] | Shoes like these should not be locked in a closet. | 这样的鞋子不该被所在衣橱里 |
[17:07] | They should be living a life of scandal and passion… | 它们应该活在充满丑闻和激情的生活中 |
[17:11] | and getting screwed in an alleyway by a billionaire | 和一个亿万富翁在小巷里胡搞 |
[17:13] | while his frigid wife waits in the limo… | 而他性冷淡的老婆就在豪华轿车里等着 |
[17:15] | thinking that he just went back into the bar to get his cell phone. | 以为他只是回酒吧去拿他的手机 |
[17:18] | -These are cute too. -Please tell me you just made that up. | -这双也很好看 -告诉我你刚才都是瞎编的 |
[17:20] | Look, if you’re not gonna wear them, don’t buy them. | 听着 如果你不会穿它们 那就别买 |
[17:26] | Leave them for somebody who’s gonna get something out of them. | 不如把它们留给那些可以穿出内涵的人 |
[17:28] | I get something out of them. | 我就是那个人 |
[17:35] | When I feel bad, I like to treat myself. | 我心情不好时候 就喜欢犒劳自己 |
[17:38] | Clothes never look any good. | 那些衣服也从来不觉得好看 |
[17:41] | Food just makes me fatter. | 食物只会让我发胖 |
[17:44] | Shoes always fit. | 鞋子总是最合适的 |
[18:04] | -Don’t slouch. -Something for you ladies? | -精神点儿 -两位喝点儿什么 |
[18:07] | I think we’re gonna just take a minute. Thanks. | 我想我们再等一小会儿 谢谢 |
[18:10] | -I thought I was getting a drink out of this. -Patience. | -我以为我是来喝酒的 -耐心点儿 |
[18:29] | Eww! Maggie, no. | 喔 麦琪 不是吧 |
[18:44] | How would you ladies like to join us for something wet? | 两位愿意一起来喝一杯吗 |
[18:48] | -What is that? -It’s a vagina. | -那是什么 -就是那个地方 |
[18:50] | You know what? Sydelle’s right. You’re completely obscene. | 你知道吗 希黛尔是对的 你真是贱 |
[18:54] | Why, because I say “vagina”? | 为什么 因为我说”阴道” |
[18:57] | Michael, I don’t know what’s wrong with your girls. | 麦克 我不知道你这俩闺女有什么毛病 |
[19:00] | My Marcia never uses the word “vagina”! | 我的玛西亚从来不说”阴道” 这个词儿 |
[19:03] | Oh, no, my Marcia doesn’t even have a vagina! | 哦 不 我的玛西亚甚至都没有”阴道” |
[19:06] | Oh, my Marcia has a vagina, all right… | 喔 我的玛西亚有 |
[19:08] | but my Marcia’s vagina is made of solid 24-karat gold. | 但我们玛西亚的是24K纯金打造的 |
[19:13] | My Marcia’s vagina is so perfect, it’s in a museum! | 我们玛西亚那个太完美了 在博物馆摆着呢 |
[19:22] | What can I get you girls? | 两位点点儿什么 |
[19:24] | We’ll have two stacks of whole wheat honey pancakes… | 我们要两盘全麦蜂蜜薄饼 |
[19:28] | and a side ofbacon, please. | 一片熏猪肉 多谢 |
[19:30] | -Thank you. -Thank you very much. | -谢谢 -非常感谢 |
[19:32] | Oh, and, uh, are you hiring? | 喔 对了 你们在招人吗 |
[19:36] | I’ll bring an application. | 我给你拿份申请表 |
[19:39] | My Marcia never eats pancakes. | 我的玛西亚从来不吃薄饼 |
[19:41] | That’s why my Marcia still wears a m… | 这就是为什么我的玛西亚依然穿着一件 |
[19:44] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:46] | I can’t believe you just did that. | 你不敢相信你竟然会那么做 |
[19:49] | Did what? | 做什么 |
[19:52] | Are you hiring? | 你们招人吗 |
[19:55] | God, Rose, we were having fun for once. | 上帝啊 罗丝 我们刚出来玩一回 |
[19:58] | -It’s an opportunity. -To do what? | -这是个机会 -用来干吗 |
[20:01] | To work the graveyard shift | 每天上夜班 |
[20:02] | serving pancakes to cops and whores and drunks. | 给那些警察 妓女 醉鬼送薄饼 |
[20:05] | I think you should work, so you don’t have to mooch off me for everything. | 我想你该工作 那样你就不用凡事都依赖我 |
[20:08] | What are you talking about? I just got us two rounds of drinks. | 你说什么哪 我刚请你喝了酒 |
[20:11] | No. Cuervo Carl got the drinks, | 不 奎沃·卡尔请的酒 |
[20:12] | and only because he hoped you’d sleep with him. | 因为他只惦记着跟你上床 |
[20:14] | Well, I didn’t. | 好 我没有 |
[20:18] | You need a job, Maggie. | 你需要工作 麦琪 |
[20:21] | There’s a whole world of commerce out there… | 这世界上有些交际 |
[20:23] | that has nothing to do with sex. | 是与”性” 无关的 |
[20:25] | Where people actually make money without seducing anyone. | 那些工作人们不用色相就可以挣钱 |
[20:28] | Obviously, or you’d starve. | 当然 除非你快饿死了 |
[20:33] | You’re not gonna look like this forever, you know. | 你不可能永远都是这个样子的 知道吗 |
[20:36] | Eventually you’ll be older… | 最终你会变老 |
[20:38] | and then all the men who foot your bill now | 那些现在为你买单的男人 |
[20:41] | will be buying drinks for girls half your age. | 以后就会为比你年轻一半的女孩买酒 |
[20:43] | And what are you gonna do then? | 那时候你要怎么办 |
[20:46] | Well, you better think of something… | 你最好想想 |
[20:48] | cause middle-aged tramps aren’t cute. | 因为中年还不能定下来 可不再是迷人 |
[20:51] | They’re pathetic. | 是悲哀 |
[20:55] | -Fine. -What are you doing? | -够了 -你要干吗 |
[20:58] | Sit down, Mag. Mag. | 坐下 麦琪 |
[21:05] | Your car’s here, Miss Feller. | 车到了 菲勒小姐 |
[21:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:23] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[21:25] | Danvers got busy. He sent me instead. | 丹佛很忙 他让我代他去 |
[21:29] | Almond croissant? Still warm. | 来个杏仁可颂面包吗 还热着呢 |
[21:42] | Hi. I was, uh, wondering if you guys are hiring? | 嗨 我想问一下 你们请人吗 |
[22:00] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[22:08] | Great. | 好极了 |
[22:12] | Shit. | 该死 |
[22:38] | -You know about anal glands? -What? | -你知道肛腺吗 -什么 |
[22:41] | -Squeeze. -Eww. | -挤 -喔 |
[22:43] | -Oh, you get used to it. Grab yourself an apron. -We got all sizes. | -你会习惯的 那件围裙穿上 -什么尺寸都有 |
[22:51] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[22:54] | Hello, Sydelle. | 你好 辛达尔 |
[22:58] | No, I can’t come right now. | 不行 我现在过不去 |
[23:00] | Look, I’ll get there when I get there, okay? Thank you. | 听着 我忙完自然会过去 好吗 谢谢 |
[23:05] | Stepmother. | 后妈 |
[23:07] | You can put it all in the basement. | 你可以把这些都放到地下室去 |
[23:10] | I need this space. | 我需要这个地方 |
[23:11] | I’m converting it to a nursery for my Marcia’s baby. | 我要把它变成我的玛西亚的宝宝的婴儿室 |
[23:14] | -She’s pregnant? -She will be very soon. | -她怀孕了 -很快就会了 |
[23:18] | -Maggie! -Hey, Daddy! | -麦琪 -嘿 爸爸 |
[23:20] | -Yeah, hi, baby. -Hi. | -好啊 宝贝 -嗨 |
[23:22] | I thought I heard your voice. What brings you here? | 我听见你说话了 你怎么会过来 |
[23:25] | -I’m being evicted. -Are you gonna wear that, Michael? | -我正在被往外赶 -你就这么穿了吗 麦克 |
[23:27] | Because if you’re not, you should go change. We’re already late. | 如果不是的话 你该去换了 我们已经晚了 |
[23:32] | -Mustn’t be late. -Mm-mmm. | -不能迟到 -嗯 嗯 |
[23:34] | Stick around, Maggie, have dinner with us. | 再待会儿 麦琪 留下来吃晚饭 |
[23:36] | Mmm, tempting. | 嗯 很感兴趣 |
[23:37] | -Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:41] | Well, Oh, try not to burn the house down. | 对了 尽量不要把房子烧了 |
[24:06] | Don’t look at me like that, my Marcia. | 别这么看着我 我的玛西亚 |
[24:23] | Shit. | 该死 |
[25:07] | Mike, how do you stop loving somebody when… | 麦克 当有人不再爱你 |
[25:11] | They’ve stopped loving you? | 你如何停止去爱她 |
[25:17] | We are within walking distance to three of the best restaurants in the city. | 本城最好的三家餐厅都在这附近 |
[25:21] | -I’ve already eaten. -Yeah. | -我吃过了 -是啊 |
[25:24] | Grease is not a food group, Feller. | 油脂的东西可不好 菲勒 |
[25:28] | -Bon appetit. -Will you stay with me? | -好胃口 -你会和我一起吗 |
[25:36] | Okay, I’m not gonna start with your butt first, okay? | 好了 我不会先从你的屁屁开始的 好吗 |
[25:39] | I’m gonna wait for us to get to know each other a little better. | 我会等我们有进一步的了解 |
[25:42] | All right. Here you go. | 好了 来吧 |
[25:46] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[25:52] | Oh! Shit. | 喔 糟糕 |
[25:57] | Here we go, sweetie. | 我们这边来 小可爱 |
[26:06] | Oh, God. | 上帝啊 |
[26:20] | No! Truce. | 别这样 停下 |
[26:39] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[26:42] | -They got you too, huh? -What? | -你也赶上了 -什么 |
[26:46] | They tow on Saturdays. | 他们周六会拖车 |
[26:49] | Great. Do you know where they take the cars? | 好极了 你知道他们把车送到哪儿吗 |
[26:52] | Uh, yeah, it’s this impound lot down on South Street. | 嗯 对 南街那边有片停车场 |
[26:56] | You Know, I’m parked around the corner. | 我车就停在拐角 |
[26:57] | I’m taking him. We’d be glad to take you too. | 我送他过去 我们很乐意捎上你 |
[26:59] | If you want. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[27:02] | Yeah, that would be great. | 是啊 很好 |
[27:04] | Uh, you know, are we, I mean, are we, are we in a rush? | 我们 我是说 我们都着急吗 |
[27:07] | Because I could stand going for a drink. | 因为我可以停下来喝杯酒 |
[27:11] | -Sure. -All right. All right. Cool. | -当然可以 -好极了 好极了 |
[27:13] | -There it is. What’s your name? -Maggie. | -在那边 你怎么称呼 -麦琪 |
[27:15] | Hey. Grant. Nice to meet you. | 嘿 我叫格兰特 很高兴认识你 |
[27:16] | Hey, I’m Tim. | 嘿 我是提姆 |
[27:17] | -Hi. Nice to meet you. -Nice way to end your day. | -嗨 很高兴认识你们 这么过一天不错 |
[27:20] | Yeah. My sister would kill me if she knew I got her car towed. | 没错 我姐姐要是知道她的车被拖走了 会杀了我的 |
[27:42] | Where is this place? | 这是哪 |
[27:45] | We’re almost there. | 就快到了 |
[28:07] | We’re in like Flynn. | 我们去冒险 |
[28:09] | All right, go ahead. | 没错 前进 |
[28:17] | -There it is. -All right, let’s go. | -到了 -没错 我们走 |
[28:21] | -All right. -All right. Thanks. | -好了 -好了 谢谢 |
[28:23] | -All right. -So, thanks for the ride. | -没什么 -多谢载我一程 |
[28:25] | Thanks for the drinks and the fun, and, uh, we’ll see you guys later. | 多谢请我喝酒 还有这么开心 回头见 |
[28:28] | Well-I mean, wait, wait. Hang on, hang on. | 等等 等等 别着急 |
[28:30] | Maybe we can go do something. | 或许我们可以干点儿什么 |
[28:32] | -You know, it’s early still. -No, I’m okay, actually. I’m just gonna go. | -你瞧 还很早呢 -不行 我得走了 |
[28:34] | Yeah, but you can’t just take the car. You got to pay for it. | 是啊 但你不能就这么开车走了 你得付帐 |
[28:36] | Let me go! | 让我走 |
[28:36] | What are you doing? Hey, wait up! Wait! | 你在干吗 嘿 等等 停下 |
[28:39] | Grant! Leave it alone! | 格兰特 别管 |
[28:42] | Ow! God! | 喔 天哪 |
[29:11] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么玩意儿 |
[29:13] | It’s Honey Bun Two. | 是哈尼邦2号 |
[29:16] | You bought a dog. | 你买了条狗 |
[29:18] | No, I borrowed him. | 不 我借来的 |
[29:20] | I didn’t want to be alone last night. | 昨天夜里我不想一个人 |
[29:23] | I had, I had a bad night. | 我 我过了一个可怕的夜晚 |
[29:25] | So did I, Maggie, several of them… | 我也是 麦琪 他们中有人 |
[29:27] | but you don’t see me stealing dogs. | 但你没看见我也偷条狗吧 |
[29:29] | I was scared. There were these guys and- | 我吓坏了 有些家伙 他们 |
[29:33] | -Of course there were. -And I got home, and you were gone. | -当然有了 -我回到家 你又不在 |
[29:36] | My plane was late. I have to be in court in 20 minutes. | 飞机晚点了 我必须20分钟后去法庭 |
[29:40] | I missed two days of work for nothing, | 我两天没工作 什么都没干 |
[29:42] | which means I’m gonna have to work forever. | 那意味着我永远都得工作 |
[29:43] | And now I’m getting a cold… | 现在我又感冒了 |
[29:45] | so I don’t have room in my head for your problems right now. | 我脑子里没空解决你的问题 |
[29:48] | Just have my sheets cleaned and | 等我回家时 把床单洗干净 |
[29:51] | the dog out by the time I get home. | 把狗弄走 |
[30:06] | My car has a boot on it! | 我的车怎么被警察锁了 |
[30:09] | How the hell did my car get a boot on it? | 我的车怎么他妈被警察锁了 |
[30:11] | Oh, I was trying to tell you. I… | 我本来想告诉你的 我 |
[30:14] | I used it the other day | 我那天用了一下 |
[30:15] | Five years I’ve had that car, not one ticket. | 那车我开了5年 一张罚单都没有 |
[30:18] | -You use it without permission for two days. -Melanie Dillon. | -而你未经允许才开了两天 -梅兰妮 迪隆 |
[30:21] | Melanie, it’s me. | -梅兰尼 是我 |
[30:23] | -Hi, Rose. -There’s an emergency, and I can’t make it to court. | -嗨 罗丝 -有紧急情况 我去不了法庭了 |
[30:25] | -Can you send someone to cover for me? -Got it. | -你能找人替我一下吗 -知道了 |
[30:27] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[30:30] | You ruin everything. | 你毁了一切 |
[30:36] | I can’t take this anymore, Maggie. I can’t. | 我受不了了 麦琪 我受不了了 |
[30:39] | I want you out. | 我要你搬出去 |
[30:42] | Now. Today, before I get home from work. | 现在 今天 在我下班回来之前 |
[30:45] | -Where am I supposed to go? -That is not my problem! | -我能去哪 -与我无关 |
[30:49] | You are your problem! You figure it out! | 你的问题是你自己 你自己想办法吧 |
[31:00] | -How was Chicago? -Cold. | -芝加哥怎么样 -很冷 |
[31:04] | Sorry I couldn’t swing it. | 对不起 我没能去成 |
[31:05] | -Things were kind of crazy around here. -Yeah, I know. | -这的事乱七八糟的 -是 我知道 |
[31:08] | I work here too. | 我也在这工作 |
[31:14] | You know, Jim… | 知道吗 吉姆 |
[31:16] | if you say you’re gonna be in Chicago, you should be in Chicago. | 既然你说了会去芝加哥 你就应该在那 |
[31:20] | And if you can’t make it, | 如果你去不了 |
[31:21] | if you know you’re gonna send Simon Stein in your place… | 你又知道会派赛蒙·斯坦替你去 |
[31:23] | then pick up the goddamn phone. | 就打个该死的电话 |
[31:58] | Bitch. | 婊子 |
[32:31] | It’s okay, Honey Bun. Shh. | 没事的 哈尼邦 嘘 |
[32:43] | Is… Rose here? | 罗丝在这吗 |
[32:47] | Nope. | 没有 |
[33:51] | Rose. Rose. | 罗丝 罗丝 |
[33:59] | I liked you. I really liked you. | 我喜欢你 真的喜欢 |
[34:05] | She won’t even remember your name. | 她都不会记得你叫什么 |
[34:08] | In fact, she can’t even spell it. | 事实上 她都拼不出你的名字 |
[34:11] | Can you, Mag? Want to give it a try? Come on, sound it out. | 你会吗 想试试吗 来吧 拼出来 |
[34:14] | Ji… immm. | 吉姆 |
[34:17] | Jim. | 吉姆 |
[34:20] | Pretty, but real stupid. | 绣花枕头 |
[34:23] | Shut up, you fat pig! | 闭嘴 你这个肥猪 |
[34:28] | Did you honestly just say “fat pig”? | 你说”肥猪” 是认真的吗 |
[34:37] | You are my sister… | 你是我妹妹 |
[34:39] | and the best you can do is “fat pig”? | 你说的最好听的就是”肥猪” |
[34:51] | Get out of my life! | 滚出我的生活 |
[35:05] | Is there anything I can do? | 有什么我能做的吗 |
[35:09] | I want 200 bucks. | 我想要200块钱 |
[35:13] | That’s the going rate, isn’t it? | 这是现在市价对吧 |
[35:29] | When’s your next train to New York? | 去纽约的下一趟火车是几点 |
[35:33] | 12:18. | 12点18分 |
[36:30] | Mrs. Lefkowitz? | 莱福克威兹夫人 |
[36:38] | All right already! | 好了 来了 |
[36:41] | Oh, sorry. I thought it was my son. | 噢 抱歉 我以为是我儿子了 |
[36:44] | -I’ll get my list. -Okay. | -我去拿单子 -好的 |
[36:47] | I didn’t know your son was here. That’s wonderful. | 我不知道你儿子在这 真是不错 |
[36:51] | Yeah, well, he said he wants to see me. | 是啊 他说想看看我 |
[36:54] | And where is he now? He’s on the beach, looking at bosoms. | 他现在在哪 在海滩上 盯着那些胸部 |
[36:58] | Hey, Lewis | 嘿 路易斯 |
[37:00] | What’s the matter? You look like you just had a stroke. | 怎么了 你看起来像刚刚中风发作了 |
[37:02] | Hi, Mrs. Lefkowitz. Hi, Ella. I didn’t see you. | 嗨 莱福克威兹夫人 嗨 艾拉 我没看到你 |
[37:05] | Hello. | 好啊 |
[37:06] | -She’s invisible. -You look confused. | -她是隐形的 -你看起来很彷徨 |
[37:09] | Well, who needs all these choices? It’s soap. | 谁需要这么多选择 肥皂罢了 |
[37:12] | I say, when in doubt, go for the simplest box. | 如果是我 忧郁不决时 我会选择最简单的包装 |
[37:17] | Ah. You know, Sharla taught me almost everything. | 差不多每件事都是莎拉教我的 |
[37:21] | Cooking, dishes, how to use a cell phone. | 做饭 洗碗 怎么用手机 |
[37:23] | Never got around to the laundry. | 从来没去过洗衣店 |
[37:25] | You must miss her. | 你一定很想她 |
[37:27] | Mmm, every day. You? | 嗯 每天都想 你呢 |
[37:31] | Well, I didn’t know your wife, so no, I can’t say that I do. | 我不认识你妻子 所以 不 我不能说我想 |
[37:38] | Oh, finally, a date with Lewis Feldman. | 终于 要和路易斯费尔德曼约会了 |
[37:42] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[37:44] | He’s had his eye on you since he got here. | 他一到这眼睛就没离开过你 |
[37:46] | That’s ridiculous. He has not. | 别开玩笑了 他没有 |
[37:49] | Anyway, it’s not a date. I’m just helping him with his laundry. | 再说 这不是约会 我只是帮他洗衣服 |
[37:53] | Why? What do you think dates look like around here, | 为什么 你觉得这个岁数的约会应该是啥样的 |
[37:56] | bungee jumping? | 去蹦极 |
[37:56] | Believe me, it’s a date. | 相信我 那就是约会 |
[38:01] | At least she’s gone. | 至少她走了 |
[38:03] | Where’d she go to anyway? | 那她去哪了 |
[38:07] | I don’t know. My dad’s, I guess. | 我不知道 去我爸那了吧 |
[38:11] | Well, that’s good. Gives Sydelle one more thing to complain about. | 那很好 希黛尔又多了一件可以抱怨的事儿了 |
[38:19] | Which one are you crying about- | 你为什么哭 |
[38:21] | the predatory prick or the shit-for-brains tramp? | 是被抢夺的伤痛 还是为那个没正形的傻瓜 |
[38:25] | Because neither one deserves your tears. | 因为这两样都不值得你掉眼泪 |
[38:31] | You know, Amy… | 艾米 |
[38:33] | I’m sure you’re right… | 我相信你是对的 |
[38:41] | But sometimes I wish you’d just say… | 但有时我希望你只是说 |
[38:44] | Boy, that sucks… | 伙计 那太糟糕了 |
[38:47] | and I’m really sorry it happened to you. | 我很难过发生了这一切 |
[38:55] | -Do you have them for every high holiday? -Yeah. | -你是每个特嗨的节假日都穿这个么 -是的 |
[38:58] | The Passover one says, “What makes this tuchis unlike any other?” | 逾越节上有个人说”怎么回事你的两个蛋看起来不太一样” |
[39:03] | My son, the joker. | 我儿子 老搞笑 |
[39:05] | Thinks it makes up for the fact that I don’t see him on the holidays. | 这也是为我节假日不能见到他们 得一点儿补偿 |
[39:08] | -They go to her parents. -Well, at least he’s married. | -他们去丈母娘家 -不错了 至少他结婚了 |
[39:11] | -My son, 55, still single. -Gay? | -我儿子55岁 仍然单身 -是同性恋 |
[39:14] | I wish. Immature. | 我倒宁可他是同性恋 他不够成熟 |
[39:18] | Ella, tell me about your family. | 埃拉 跟我说说你的家庭 |
[39:21] | Well, my husband Ira was in real estate. | 好吧 我丈夫艾拉生前是做房地产的 |
[39:24] | Died three years ago. Cancer. | 三年前死于癌症 |
[39:26] | That’s funny? | 很有趣吗 |
[39:28] | No, it’s the way we do that the dead spouse intro. | 不是 只是觉得我们的聊天方式是 丧偶介绍 |
[39:32] | Name, rank, when did he die, how. | 姓名 职业 他什么时候死的 死因是什么 |
[39:35] | But not the specifics. | 但不确切 |
[39:36] | Cancer’s okay, but no one ever says “lung cancer”. | 癌症没什么 但没有人说过”肺癌” |
[39:39] | Or, God forbid, “prostate cancer”. | 或者是 上帝不允许的”前列腺癌” |
[39:42] | How ’bout you? Have any kids? | 你呢 有孩子吗 |
[39:44] | No. | 没有 |
[39:47] | No, I don’t have any children. | 没有 一个孩子都没有 |
[39:59] | -Rufus? Is that Rufus? | 鲁弗斯 是鲁弗斯吗 |
[40:04] | Uh, is Shirley back from Europe already? | 雪莉已经从欧洲回来了 |
[40:07] | Ooh, I thought she, I thought she was boarding Rufus for another month. | 我以为 我以为她还要在卢夫斯再呆一个月 |
[40:11] | She is. Yeah. | 是的 没错 |
[40:12] | I just… walk… Rufus. | 我只是在 遛 鲁弗斯 |
[40:17] | Oh, you’re with the Elegant Paw. | 你有一个大爪 |
[40:18] | -No. No, I’m… -Hi, Carol. | -不 不 我是个 -嗨 卡洛 |
[40:21] | -Good girl, Molly. -I’m… freelance. | -真乖 莫莉 -我是个自由职业者 |
[40:24] | -A… freelance dog-walker. -Oh, I see. | -一个自由遛狗人 -噢 我明白了 |
[40:27] | Yeah, I work for kennels, with kennels, and, uh… | 是的 我为养狗场工作 和狗狗们在一起 呃 |
[40:31] | with for individuals… too. | 也给私人工作 |
[40:34] | -She’s just what we need. -Absolutely. | -她正是我们要找的 -没错 |
[40:36] | How much do you charge? | 你的费用是 |
[40:39] | Jesus! You saved my ass. | 上帝啊 你真是救了我一命 |
[40:42] | -Where did you find him? -Oh, just… wandering around Rittenhouse. | -你从哪找到他的 -就在 利顿豪斯附近 |
[40:46] | You know, I give this girl a job. She seems normal. | 知道吗 我给这个女孩工作 她看起来很正常 |
[40:50] | Next thing I know, she’s taken off with this dog. | 然后我所知道的就是 她把这条狗带走了 |
[40:53] | You can imagine, something like this gets out, and I’m out of business. | 你能想象的到 这样的事如果传出去 我就得关门大吉 |
[40:58] | So, how does 200 sound for a reward? Fair enough? | 那么 200块钱作为酬谢怎么样 够公平吗 |
[41:03] | -I don’t want a reward. -What are you, a saint? | -我不需要酬劳 -你是谁 圣人 |
[41:06] | No. | 不是 |
[41:07] | Uh, I was thinking… maybe instead of a reward… | 我想用 别的方式代替酬劳 |
[41:11] | you could offer your clients my dog-walking services. | 你可向你的客户提供我的遛狗服务 |
[41:14] | Exclusively. | 只能由我提供 |
[41:17] | We could split the proceeds. | 我们可以五五分账 |
[41:50] | Not so much as the Winnebago he left her. | 她的温内贝戈语不比他好多少 |
[41:53] | Oh, it’s horrible! | 太可怕了 |
[41:55] | You won’t be laughing when you’re eating government cheese. | 你要是开始吃政府的奶酪 你就笑不出来了 |
[42:00] | Hello. | 喂 |
[42:03] | -Hello? -Is this Ella Hirsch? | -喂 -是埃拉·赫斯基吗 |
[42:05] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[42:07] | Did you have a daughter named Caroline? | 你有一个叫凯洛琳的女儿吗 |
[42:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:29] | So, are you on vacation, or- | 那你是在放假 还是 |
[42:37] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:39] | Mmm. Well, we’ve been having wonderful weather. | 嗯 天气很好 |
[42:48] | I’m so glad you called. | 我很高兴你打来电话 |
[42:54] | I’m so glad you’re here. | 很高兴你来这 |
[43:23] | Mrs. Lefkowitz, this is my granddaughter Maggie Feller. | 莱福克威兹夫人 这是我外孙女 麦琪菲勒 |
[43:28] | -Hello. -Hi. | -你好 -嗨 |
[43:31] | Well, you must be starving. I can, uh, fix you something to eat- | 你一定饿坏了 我来给你弄点儿吃的 |
[43:35] | No, that’s… I’m fine. | 不用了 我没事 |
[43:37] | I just, uh- | 我只是 |
[43:40] | -I’m really tired. -Oh. Well, let me show you the guest room. | -我很累 -好的 我带你去客房 |
[43:45] | Um, it’s right through here. Uh, this is the bathroom. | 从这边过来 这是卫生间 |
[43:49] | And I’ll put out clean towels and, uh, a washcloth. | 我会把干净的毛巾放在这 还有浴巾 |
[43:52] | The bed’s made up… | 床收拾好了 |
[43:55] | and there are, um, extra blankets in the closet. | 衣橱里还有很大的地方 |
[44:00] | -Is my grandfather around? -Oh. No. | -外公还在吗 -不在了 |
[44:04] | No, Ira passed away over three years ago. | 不 艾拉三年前就去世了 |
[44:08] | So, you’ll call me if you need anything? | 如果有任何需要就叫我 |
[44:11] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[44:30] | Hey, you said you didn’t have children. | 嘿 你说过你没有孩子的 |
[44:33] | I said I don’t have children. | 我说过我没有孩子 |
[44:36] | I had a daughter. | 我有个女儿 |
[44:39] | Her name was Caroline. She died. | 她的名字是凯洛琳 她死了 |
[44:42] | What was she like? | 她长什么样子 |
[44:46] | Well, she was-she was exactly like that. | 她 她和那个很像 |
[44:50] | Same eyes, same skin… | 同样的眼睛 同样的皮肤 |
[44:53] | same face, identical. | 同样的脸 一模一样 |
[44:58] | But she had, um, health problems. | 但是她有 健康问题 |
[45:01] | She had mental health problems. | 她有精神问题 |
[45:04] | Well, how’d she die? | 那她怎么死的 |
[45:11] | Car accident. | 车祸 |
[45:15] | A leave of absence? Why? | 请假 为什么 |
[45:18] | I’m just not happy at that firm. | 我只是 不喜欢那个公司 |
[45:20] | So instead you’ll be walking dogs. | 那你就要去遛狗 |
[45:22] | And running errands, and I think it’ll be fun. | 跑跑家务 我想那会很有趣 |
[45:28] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[45:30] | You’re not having- | 你不是有 |
[45:33] | What? | 什么 |
[45:36] | If you ever want to talk to someone, Rose, I’ll pay for it. | 如果你想找人谈谈 罗丝 我来付帐 |
[45:41] | No questions asked. If you’re ever feeling- | 不把问题讲出来 你会觉得 |
[45:45] | Crazy? | 要疯了 |
[45:48] | I’m not the one you should be worried about. | 我不是你该担心的那个 |
[45:51] | How is Maggie? | 麦琪怎么了 |
[45:54] | You haven’t seen her? | 你没见到她吗 |
[45:55] | No, she’s still with you, isn’t she? | 没有 她还和你在一起 不是吗 |
[45:57] | Oh, yeah, she is. She’s fine. | 噢 对啊 是啊 她很好 |
[46:02] | -Thanks for the coffee. -All right. See you soon? | -多谢你的咖啡 -好了 回头见 |
[46:19] | The number you have called is no longer in service. | 您拨打的号码已不存在 |
[46:23] | If you feel you have reached this recording | 如果您听到这段语音 |
[46:39] | Well, good morning. | 早上好 |
[46:41] | Did you sleep well? | 睡的好吗 |
[46:43] | Fine, thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[46:45] | I have English muffins here. I can make you any kind of eggs you’d like. | 我这有英式松饼 我可以做你喜欢的任何口味的鸡蛋 |
[46:49] | -I don’t eat breakfast. -Oh. | -我不吃早餐的 -噢 |
[46:52] | I drink coffee. | 我喝咖啡 |
[46:56] | So, my goodness. This is a surprise. | 我的天啊 真是个小意外 |
[47:00] | Such a lovely surprise. | 一个很可爱的小意外 |
[47:03] | After all this time. | 在经历过这些以后 |
[47:07] | -Yeah, what’s up with that? -I beg your pardon? | -那是怎么回事 -你指什么 |
[47:11] | Well, were you always out of the picture, or just after Mom died? | 你是一直都没有出现 还是只在妈妈去世后 |
[47:15] | Oh, your grandfather and I were never out of the, | 我和你外公从来没有离开 |
[47:17] | I mean, we were always there. | 我是说 我们一直都在 |
[47:20] | We- | 我们 |
[47:22] | And even after your mom died, | 甚至在你妈妈去世后 |
[47:24] | I wrote birthday cards, every year. And I never heard back. | 我每年都写生日卡 但都没有回音 |
[47:29] | Yeah, I know. You wrote for a while. I just found them. | 是啊 我知道你写了一段时间 我刚才找到了 |
[47:32] | What do you mean, “just”? | 你说的”刚才” 是什么意思 |
[47:35] | I guess they got waylaid. Thanks for the money. | 我猜被别人拦下了 谢谢那些钱 |
[47:39] | You’re telling me that your father never gave you my cards? | 你是说你爸爸从来没有把我的贺卡给你们过 |
[47:43] | Mm-mmm. | 嗯 |
[47:45] | What must you have thought? | 你是怎么想的 |
[47:49] | I thought you both were dead. | 我以为你们俩都死了 |
[47:56] | Does this place have a pool? | 这地方有游泳池吗 |
[47:59] | -Oh! Sorry. -Whoa. | -噢 抱歉 -哇 |
[48:04] | Come on. | 来 来 |
[48:09] | Hey, check this out. | 嘿 看看这个 |
[48:21] | Where’d she come from? | 她是从哪来的 |
[48:42] | Hi, sweetheart. | 嗨 小甜甜 |
[48:56] | Come on, come on. | 来 过来 |
[49:19] | Come on. Keep playing. | 别看了 接着玩 |
[49:24] | Rose! Rose Feller! | 罗丝 罗丝 菲勒 |
[49:27] | Oh, Stein. | 噢 斯坦 |
[49:29] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[49:31] | Man, you look great. Not sick at all. | 你看起来好极了 很精神 |
[49:35] | Why would I look sick? | 我看起来像病了吗 |
[49:39] | -That’s one of the rumors. -There are rumors? | -那是谣言之一 -什么谣言 |
[49:46] | How about that? Lunchtime. | 怎么样 午饭时间到了 |
[49:49] | -Hey, how does, uh-How does Japanese sound? -I’m not hungry, Stein. | -嘿 去吃日本菜 怎么样 -我不饿 斯坦 |
[49:52] | Oh, there’s no such thing as not hungry for sushi. Come on. | 吃寿司无所谓饿不饿的 来吧 |
[49:56] | We’ll bill it to one of your old clients. | 我们把帐记在你的老客户上 |
[49:58] | Uh, thank you. You eat everything? | 谢谢 你有什么忌口的吗 |
[50:01] | -What do you think? -Okay. | -你点吧 -好的 |
[50:02] | -Um, two orders of uni, one masago. -Mm-hmm. | -两个太卷 一个鱼籽的 -好的 |
[50:06] | -Uh, two tako. -Okay. | -两个章鱼的 -好的 |
[50:08] | -Two hamachi. -Mm-hmm. | -两个鲭鱼的 -嗯 |
[50:10] | Then also that cod thing. It was a special once, | 还有鳕鱼 曾经特别推荐过 |
[50:13] | but it’s not on the menu anymore. | 但菜单上不再有了 |
[50:15] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你知道我指的是什么 |
[50:16] | -Tara -Yes! | -塔拉 -没错 |
[50:17] | -Okay, thank you. -OK. | -好的 谢谢 -好的 |
[50:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[50:22] | -You just ordered for me. -Yes. | -你刚才也帮我点了 -是的 |
[50:24] | -What am I, 12? -Uh, I’m an expert orderer. | -我多大了 才12岁 -我是个点菜专家 |
[50:27] | -It’s a gift. -Is it? | -是种天赋 -是吗 |
[50:29] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[50:31] | What was the last great restaurant you went to? | 你最后去过的一家最好的餐厅是哪里 |
[50:34] | -I took my sister to Le Bec Fin. -Uh huh. | -带我妹妹去的法国餐厅 -哦 |
[50:38] | And you both got the… snapper, right? | 你们两个都点了鲷鱼 对吗 |
[50:44] | Close. I got the snapper. | 差不多 我点了 |
[50:46] | -She got three rum and Cokes and the sommelier’s phone number. -Okay. | -她要了三杯甜酒和可乐 还有酒保的电话 -好 |
[50:50] | Well, I’ll take you there, and we’ll get… | 我带你去那 我们会点 |
[50:54] | the foie gras with Roquefort-stuffed fig… | 鹅肝酱和罗克福碎末 |
[50:58] | Scottish wood pigeon with cabbage and porcini cassoulet. | 苏格兰斑鸠配卷心菜 还有菌菇煲 |
[51:05] | And the chocolate mousse… | 巧克力慕丝 |
[51:07] | with raspberries and hazelnut macaroon. | 里面有覆盆子和榛子杏仁饼干 |
[51:10] | You’ll want to eat with me for the rest of your life. | 你会希望后半辈子都和我一起吃饭的 |
[51:17] | Here you go. | 这是您点的 |
[51:19] | I know. | 没错 |
[51:21] | -The special, tara. -Thank you. | -特别推荐 泰拉 -谢谢 |
[51:23] | Enjoy. | 请慢用 |
[51:27] | So What are the other rumors? | 那么 其他的谣言是什么 |
[51:30] | Ah. Um- | 啊 这个 |
[51:32] | Rumor one: Mysterious illness. | 谣言一 奇难杂症 |
[51:35] | Rumor two: Head-hunted by Pepper and Hamilton. | 谣言二 被贝帕和汉密尔顿挖走了 |
[51:41] | Here. Try some of this. | 来 尝尝这个 |
[51:43] | -Rumor three? -Um, soy? | -谣言三 -要酱油吗 |
[51:47] | Oh, come on. What’s rumor three? | 快说吧 谣言三是什么 |
[51:54] | Affair with a partner gone bad. | 和同事的恋情玩儿完了 |
[52:03] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[52:05] | Most people are betting on lupus. | 绝大多数人认为是狼疮 |
[52:15] | Here. Wasabi makes everything better. | 来点儿这个 芥末让味道更好 |
[52:23] | -So, uh, what time Friday? -Friday? | -那么 周五什么时间 -周五 |
[52:26] | Dinner. | 晚餐 |
[52:28] | Oh, look, Simon, this was, this was really nice, | 噢 听着 赛蒙 这真的很好 |
[52:31] | -but, um, I don’t think -7:00 it is. | -但是 我不想 -7点钟吧 |
[52:37] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[52:45] | Mmm. That smells good. What is that? | 嗯 真好闻 那是什么 |
[52:47] | That’s braised veal. | 炖小牛肉 |
[52:53] | Shit. | 该死 |
[52:55] | There’s a paper towel on the counter. | 台子上有纸巾 |
[53:04] | Out of curiosity… | 好奇之余 |
[53:06] | how long is this vacation of yours going to last? | 你这次假期是多长时间 |
[53:10] | How come you don’t have any pictures of my mom around? | 你这儿怎么没有我妈的照片呢 |
[53:13] | Don’t you like thinking about her? | 你不愿意想起她吗 |
[53:16] | I don’t need to have a picture to think about my daughter. | 我想女儿不需要照片的 |
[53:27] | You put out pictures, people ask questions. | 照片摆出来 人们就会问问题 |
[53:31] | They expect you to tell ’em everything, and I don’t do that. | 他们希望你告诉他们一切 我不那么做 |
[53:34] | Because Mom was sick? | 因为妈妈生病了 |
[53:37] | Because she’s gone. | 因为她死了 |
[53:41] | Is that why you pulled away from us? | 这是你离开我们的原因吗 |
[53:43] | So that you didn’t have to talk about her with us either? | 那样你也就不用和她提起我们了 |
[53:46] | I didn’t pull away. I was pushed. | 我没有丢下你们 我没办法 |
[53:51] | No, listen. | 不 听着 |
[53:53] | I’m not the one who didn’t pass along the letters. That was your father. | 把信藏起来的不是我 是你爸爸 |
[53:57] | I’m not the one who didn’t want a relationship. | 我不是不想保持联系的那个人 |
[53:59] | He said that: | 他对你说过 |
[54:00] | “I don’t want you to have a relationship with my daughters.” | “我不希望你和我的女儿再有什么关系” |
[54:03] | -Oh, yes. -When? | -噢 是的 -什么时候 |
[54:05] | -At the funeral. -Why? Why would he say that? | -在葬礼上 -为什么 他为什么要那么说 |
[54:09] | Because he’s irrational. Yeah. He blamed me for everything. | 因为他不讲理 他把一切都归咎于我 |
[54:14] | Every bad day, every bad episode. | 痛苦的每一天 每一段艰难的时光 |
[54:17] | He did not want me near her. | 他都不想我接近她 |
[54:20] | And after she was gone… | 在她死后 |
[54:22] | he didn’t want me near you or your sister. | 他又不希望我亲近你或你姐姐 |
[54:30] | I just wonder- | 我只是觉得 |
[54:34] | If you had tried harder, you know, or, like, tried again… | 如果你更努力 或着 再试一下 |
[54:39] | after he’d gotten over the whole… | 在他从所有的 |
[54:43] | shock and grief of it, you know? | 打击和悲伤中恢复之后 |
[54:49] | Because it would have been nice having a grandmother. | 因为有个外婆真的很好 |
[54:54] | Nice and… | 很好并且 |
[54:57] | maybe a little less lonely. | 或许不会那么孤单 |
[55:05] | She sounds like a manipulative little nincompoop. | 听起来她就像是一个被关起来的小傻瓜 |
[55:08] | -The girl lost her mother. -So? You lost your daughter. | -没有妈妈的女儿 -你是没有女儿的妈妈 |
[55:12] | -It’s not the same. -It’s worse. | -那不一样 -那更糟糕 |
[55:14] | A parent burying a child goes against the law of nature. | 白发人送黑发人有悖自然法则 |
[55:17] | Well, so does a grandparent abandoning her grandchildren. | 外祖父母遗弃孙子也是一样 |
[55:21] | You said yourself he didn’t want you around. | 你说了 是他不让你接近的 |
[55:24] | What were you supposed to do, break down the door? | 你能怎么办 把门砸开 |
[55:27] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[55:30] | Shoelace. | 鞋带 |
[55:33] | For Caroline, yes. | 为了凯洛琳 |
[55:37] | For Caroline. She was gone, cookie. | 为了凯洛琳 她死了 |
[55:40] | And you pushing your way into that house wasn’t gonna do a thing for her. | 你把自己拴在那栋房子里对她毫无意义 |
[55:44] | -She wanted me there. -You don’t know that. | -她希望我在那 -你并不知道 |
[55:46] | -Yes, I do. I know. -How? | -不 我知道 -怎么知道的 |
[55:51] | I just do. | 我就是知道 |
[55:54] | How? | 怎么会 |
[55:58] | I’ve never told anybody this, not even Ira. | 我没和任何说过这个 包括艾拉 |
[56:01] | I’ll take it to my grave, probably tomorrow. | 我会带着它进棺材的 可能就是明天 |
[56:10] | It wasn’t a car accident. | 那不是车祸 |
[56:12] | I mean, it, it was a car… | 我是说 是一辆车 |
[56:15] | and there was a crash, but | 然后撞上了 但是 |
[56:21] | How do you know it was on purpose? | 你怎么知道那是故意的 |
[56:27] | She wrote a note. | 她留了些话 |
[56:32] | It came the day after the funeral. | 我在葬礼后看到的 |
[56:35] | What’d it say? | 写些什么 |
[56:38] | One line. | 就一行字 |
[56:41] | “Please take care of my girls.” | “请照顾好我的女儿们” |
[56:44] | And you didn’t. | 而你没有 |
[56:47] | You didn’t because you couldn’t. | 你没有是因为你没办法 |
[56:49] | Now you can, so you will. | 现在你可以了 就去做吧 |
[56:52] | Ella, bubbeleh, you did the best you could in a very bad situation. | 埃拉 在那种糟糕的情况下 你尽力做到最好了 |
[56:56] | You got nothing to feel guilty about. | 你不要有任何负罪感 |
[57:00] | And you tell that to Miss Hotsy-Totsy Pants. | 你把这些告诉那位可爱内裤小姐 |
[57:14] | So this is where all my boyfriends have been coming from. | 我所有男朋友都从这里来的 |
[57:18] | They took a vote. I don’t know who I pissed off, but somehow… | 他们进行了投票 我不知道得罪了谁 但是 |
[57:22] | I lost or won. Either way, it’s official. | 不管我输还是赢 都只是形式罢了 |
[57:27] | I am the captain of the softball team. | 我是垒球队的主力 |
[57:32] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[57:36] | Look, I know this isn’t my business, but I can’t not say anything. | 听着 我知道这与我无关 但我不能不说两句 |
[57:40] | You have rights, legal options for getting your job back. | 你有权利 合法的选择权来恢复工作 |
[57:45] | I don’t want it back. | 我不想恢复 |
[57:47] | You don’t? | 你不想 |
[57:50] | I thought you loved it. | 我以为你喜欢 |
[57:52] | You were always the first one there in the morning | 你总是最早到 |
[57:54] | and the last one to leave at night. | 最晚走 |
[57:56] | I know. Not because I loved it. | 我知道 不是因为我喜欢 |
[57:59] | Then why? | 那是为什么 |
[58:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[58:04] | Maybe… I was scared of what would happen if I wasn’t there. | 或许我是害怕如果我不在那 会发生什么 |
[58:09] | Oh, what? Like the place would fall apart without you? | 噢 比如什么 没有了你那地方就会塌了 |
[58:12] | With law freaks like you there? Never. | 和你这样的律师怪胎一起 决不 |
[58:15] | No, I wasn’t worried about the office. | 不 我不是担心办公室 |
[58:19] | I guess it was more… me | 我猜是更加 |
[58:23] | and what would happen to me without those people to please… | 没有那些需要讨好的人 |
[58:25] | and those tasks to get done. | 和那些要干的活 不知我会变的怎样 |
[58:28] | Like… maybe… those were the things holding me together. | 就像 或许 正是这些才支撑着我 |
[58:33] | And without them, I’d… | 没有那些 我就会 |
[58:37] | fall apart. | 崩溃 |
[58:41] | But you didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[58:44] | I guess not. | 我想是 |
[58:48] | So what does hold you together? | 是什么在支撑着你 |
[58:59] | For me, it’s the law, politics… | 对我来说 是法律 政治 |
[59:02] | the Sixers and good food. | 76人球队和美食 |
[59:05] | If you ever want to join me for a game or a meal… | 如果你想和我一起看球赛或吃饭 |
[59:11] | I hope you’ll give me a call. | 希望你能给我打电话 |
[59:29] | Ella? | 埃拉 |
[1:00:07] | Oh. I was just looking for | 噢 我正在找 |
[1:00:10] | For what? | 找什么 |
[1:00:15] | Sorry, I… | 抱歉 我 |
[1:00:17] | Wrong dresser. It’s in the sock drawer. | 搞错了 在袜子抽屉里 |
[1:00:22] | What is? | 什么 |
[1:00:23] | My cash. That’s what you were looking for, right? That’s what you want. | 我的现金 你正在找的东西 你想要的东西 |
[1:00:27] | No. God. | 不是 天哪 |
[1:00:32] | Oh, well. | 噢 好了 |
[1:00:34] | I guess after being absent for some 20-odd years | 我看在我离开了20多个年头之后 |
[1:00:37] | or so I can’t expect you to want to have a relationship with me. | 我不能指望你会想和我有什么关系了 |
[1:00:40] | -How much? -How much what? | -多少 -什么多少 |
[1:00:43] | Money, Maggie. How much money were you hoping to get from me? | 钱哪 麦琪 你想从我这得到多少钱 |
[1:00:50] | -I don’t know. -Yes, you do. | -我不知道 -不 你知道 |
[1:00:55] | I want to go to New York. | 我想去纽约 |
[1:00:58] | Maybe… act. I think I’d be good at it. | 可能 当演员 我想我擅长 |
[1:01:03] | Mmm, clearly. | 很明显 |
[1:01:06] | -How much do you need? -Three grand. | -需要多少钱 -3000 |
[1:01:08] | That you would not have found in the sock drawer. | 你在袜子抽屉里找不到这么多钱的 |
[1:01:11] | How much do you have? | 你有多少 |
[1:01:16] | Well… | 好吧 |
[1:01:18] | I won’t give you $3,000, but I’ll do this. | 我不会给你3000块钱 但我会想办法 |
[1:01:22] | They need help over at the Assisted Living Center. | 养护中心需要帮手 |
[1:01:25] | You get that job, stop loafing around here like some princess… | 你去工作 别在像个公主似的到处游手好闲 |
[1:01:30] | and I will match what you earn, penny for penny. | 我会根据你的表现 等价交换 |
[1:01:38] | You would do that? | 你真会那么做 |
[1:01:43] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:01:46] | Because I’m your grandmother. | 因为我是你外婆 |
[1:01:56] | Oh, I don’t think so. | 我不这么想 |
[1:01:57] | Last time I ran anywhere was to my wedding. Look what happened. | 上一次我到处跑是我的婚礼 瞧瞧发生了什么 |
[1:02:10] | -Is that Corinne? -No. | -是克瑞妮吗 -不是 |
[1:02:14] | -Who is it? -Maggie. | -是谁 -麦琪 |
[1:02:16] | Have we met before? | 我们以前见过吗 |
[1:02:18] | There’s a pickup line with a little dust on it. | 这种搭讪方式都落灰了 |
[1:02:21] | Fine. What’s your sign? | 好 那你希望怎样 |
[1:02:24] | I’ve been out of the game for a while. | 我有一阵子不这么玩了 |
[1:02:27] | What, like 70, 80 years? | 是吗 大概70还是80年 |
[1:02:30] | Give or take. | 各退一步吧 |
[1:02:32] | Where’s Corinne? She’s my number 1 girl. | 克瑞妮在哪 她可是我的第一号姑娘 |
[1:02:34] | Well, excuse me, but what does Corinne have that I don’t? | 很抱歉 但是克瑞妮比我好在哪儿了 |
[1:02:37] | -She reads to me. -Oh. | -她读书给我听 -噢 |
[1:02:41] | You could do it, maybe nose her out of first position. | 你肯定也可以 或许把她从第一名的位置挤走之后 |
[1:02:48] | Here. | 这个 |
[1:02:52] | I’m a little busy right now. | 我现在有点忙 |
[1:02:55] | Maybe you should wait for Corinne. | 或许你该等等克瑞妮 |
[1:03:08] | -Hello? -Are the Sixers basketball or hockey? | -你好 -76人队是篮球队还是曲棍球队 |
[1:03:17] | Come on, Eric! | 上啊 艾瑞克 |
[1:03:19] | Yeah, baby! Yeah, baby! | 好极了 好极了 |
[1:03:22] | That’s what I’m talkin’ about. Get back, get back! | 这就是我说的 回来回来 |
[1:03:24] | That’s Reggie Miller! You gotta get him! | 那是雷杰米勒 盯好他 |
[1:03:27] | He’ll make it every time. | 他每次都行的 |
[1:03:30] | Boo! That’s right. | 就这样 |
[1:03:32] | -Boo! -Good. | 好极了 |
[1:03:37] | I can’t believe we lost the game. | 我不相信我们竟然输了 |
[1:03:39] | -Why can’t you believe it? We’ve been losin’ all season long. -That’s right. | -为什么不信 我们这一季都在输 -没错 |
[1:03:41] | We need a three-point man, a man who can shoot the pill, | 我们需要一个三分球高手 能进球 |
[1:03:44] | -a man who can thrill. -I don’t care if you have the best | -能来劲儿的 -我不关心你们是否有最佳 |
[1:03:45] | three-point shooter in the league. You got to get back on defense. | 三分球射手 你得回来防御啊 |
[1:03:48] | At the same time, you need to put points on the boards too. | 同时还得给记分牌涨点分儿 |
[1:03:50] | Look at the best teams in history, the Celtics, the Bulls, the Lakers- | 看看史上那些最佳球队 凯尔特人 公牛 湖人 |
[1:03:53] | all great defensive teams. | 都是很会防御的队伍 |
[1:03:54] | I mean, offense sells tickets, but defense wins ball games. | 我是说 进攻提高票房 但是防御赢得比赛 |
[1:03:57] | -He’s right. Without defense, you won’t win games. -Thank you. | -他说的对 没有防御 你赢不了比赛 -谢谢你 |
[1:04:13] | I see you’re a fan of the classics. | 看来你喜欢古典的 |
[1:04:17] | Um, what? | 什么 |
[1:04:23] | -Oh, that. That-That’s my sister’s. -Oh. Oh, okay. | -噢 那个 那是我妹妹的 -噢 好的 |
[1:04:27] | I hope you like cheap, almost-stale red. | 希望你会喜欢廉价的 差不多变味的红酒 |
[1:04:30] | It’s my favorite. | 是我最爱 |
[1:04:32] | What’s she like-the sister? | 她是怎样的 一个妹妹 |
[1:04:34] | She’s, you know, a sister. | 她是 你知道的 一个妹妹 |
[1:04:40] | -You don’t want to talk about your sister. -I didn’t say that. | -你不想谈论你的妹妹 -我没那么说 |
[1:04:46] | I don’t want to talk about my sister. | 我不想谈我妹妹 |
[1:04:50] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[1:05:00] | So what’s he like, this, um, Captain Jack? | 那么他是怎样的 这位 杰克船长 |
[1:05:05] | His fingers tangled in her curls… | 他的手指缠绕在她的卷发里 |
[1:05:07] | while his tongue plundered the soft cavern of her mouth. | 他的舌试探着她温润的口 |
[1:05:11] | She made no protest. | 她没有拒绝 |
[1:05:14] | Her furnace was alight. | 她开始浑身燥热 |
[1:05:16] | Jack drew his lips from hers and urged her forward… | 杰克的吻沿着她的嘴唇而下 不断的刺激着她 |
[1:05:20] | so he could take one shirt-veiled nipple… | 他将她的胸 |
[1:05:23] | into his mouth. | 含进嘴里 |
[1:05:24] | Kit’s gasp urged him on. | 猫咪般的喘息声更让他兴奋 |
[1:05:28] | He licked the material | 他不断的吸吮着 |
[1:05:29] | until it clung to the ripe peak… | 直到兴奋到最高点 |
[1:05:32] | then drew the turgid flesh deep into his mouth. | 他深深地吮吸着 |
[1:05:36] | Kit moaned, her body spasming in response. | 猫咪在呻吟 她的身体不断抽搐着 |
[1:05:41] | Her eyes were closed, her lips parted.” | 她闭上了眼睛 嘴唇一张一合 |
[1:05:45] | Okay, um, embarrassing as this is to admit… | 好了 真是尴尬 |
[1:05:49] | I’m officially turned on. | 我都有些”性奋”了 |
[1:07:15] | Does this mean that I’m your bitch? | 这样一来 我是不是就得任由你摆布 |
[1:07:19] | Do you want to be my bitch? | 那你愿意吗 |
[1:07:27] | I have wanted to be your bitch since my first day at Dommel. | 我从第一天在多麦尔上班就盼着呢 |
[1:07:32] | That Chicago trip-I was convinced it was all gonna come together for me there. | 芝加哥那次 我可是鼓足了勇气才去的 |
[1:07:37] | Was I unfriendly? | 我那么不好接触吗 |
[1:07:39] | Oh, no. I mean, not compared to, say, Stalin. | 不 我是说 跟斯大林没法比 |
[1:07:45] | I’m sorry. | 真不好意思 |
[1:07:48] | -Hmm. I was hideous. -That’s okay. | -嗯 我是挺”凶神恶煞” 的 -没什么的 |
[1:07:53] | You have plenty of time to make it up to me. | 你有大把的时间补偿我 |
[1:08:09] | Go, go, go! | 跑 跑 跑起来 |
[1:08:14] | Come on, come on! | 快啊 快跑 |
[1:08:23] | Yes! | 漂亮 |
[1:08:30] | So, how’s it going with Hotsy Tots? | 那个"漂亮宝贝"怎么样了 |
[1:08:33] | -Oh, fine. -“Fine” she says. | -噢 还行 -“还行” 听见没 |
[1:08:37] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:08:38] | There’s no “fine” with grandkids. | 和外孙女在一起没有”还行”的 |
[1:08:40] | It’s either the best day of your life or sheer torture. | 要么是你生命中最美好的时光 要么就是彻底的折磨 |
[1:08:44] | -What do you do together? -I don’t know. We eat. | -你们都一起干什么 -我也说不好 我们一起吃饭 |
[1:08:48] | Huh! That’s it? | 就这个 |
[1:08:50] | Oh, do things she likes to do. | 做些她喜欢的事 |
[1:08:52] | Read the fashion magazines, surf the Net, watch the smut on the cable. | 看流行杂志 上网冲浪 看有线电视上的垃圾节目 |
[1:08:57] | -I don’t have cable. -No cable? | -我没有有线电视 -没有 |
[1:09:00] | And she wonders why she and the girl aren’t all buddy-buddy. | 她还奇怪为什么自己和孙女不够亲近 |
[1:09:04] | I don’t need television to build a relationship with my granddaughter. | 我不需要用电视来建立我和孙女之间的关系 |
[1:09:09] | You’re new to this. Trust me. | 这方面你没经验 相信我 |
[1:09:11] | It’s all about surround sound. | 全部都是环绕立体声的 |
[1:09:18] | “I just needed a little kiss to make me feel better…” ) | “我只是需要一个吻来安慰一下” |
[1:09:21] | “but now it wasn’t working.” | “但现在并不起作用” |
[1:09:25] | -Maggie! -Oh! | -麦琪 -哦 |
[1:09:26] | We’re having Cosmopolitans. Would you like one? | 我们买了柯梦波丹 你要来一本吗 |
[1:09:29] | “I wasn’t getting the same rush. Tonight, I needed more.” | “我不再感到刺激了 今晚我要更多的” |
[1:09:33] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[1:09:35] | “Meanwhile, uptown” | “同时 在住宅区” |
[1:09:36] | “Charlotte wondered when relationships had gotten so complicated.” | “夏洛特在想着 关系变的复杂” |
[1:09:39] | “She yearned for the time when dinner was followed by dessert, not lubricant.” | 她渴望着餐后甜点 而不是润滑剂 |
[1:09:51] | “I don’t want to. Or maybe I do. I don’t know what I want, but” | “我不想 或者我想 我不知道我想要什么 但是” |
[1:09:53] | I’ve seen this one. | 我看过这个 |
[1:09:55] | “I can’t. I want children and nice bedding and” | -我不能 我想要孩子 和舒服的大床 还有 |
[1:09:58] | It’s funny. | 好搞笑啊 |
[1:10:00] | “That night, they made love the Charlotte way-polite” | “那晚 他们以夏洛特的方式做爱 很优雅” |
[1:10:05] | Oh, it was wonderful. | 真有意思 |
[1:10:06] | -I thought so. -Oh, you would. | -我觉得也是 -你当然会 |
[1:10:08] | -Now, walk up straight now. -Thank you for everything. | -走路小心 -多谢你的招待 |
[1:10:10] | -Good. -Have a very wonderful day. | -好 -今天非常愉快 |
[1:10:12] | -Yes, and have a good sleep, and no sugar. -Okay. And good night. | -没错 睡个好觉 不要吃糖 -好的 晚安 |
[1:10:16] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:10:18] | Well-Yeah, okay. | 哇 好的 |
[1:10:21] | Okay. Thank you. Good night. | 好了 多谢 晚安 |
[1:10:43] | What’s up with Lewis? | 和路易斯怎么样了 |
[1:10:45] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[1:10:49] | I say go for it. Just jump him. | 我说赶快行动吧 上他 |
[1:10:52] | Maggie! | 麦琪 |
[1:10:54] | Don’t talk like that. Here. | 在这里 不许说那样的话 |
[1:10:59] | Half the fun of sex… is talking about it. | 性爱的一半乐趣就是谈论它 |
[1:11:02] | Well, I guess I missed that half. | 那我想我错过了那一半 |
[1:11:05] | You never talked about sex? | 你从来不谈论性爱 |
[1:11:08] | Occasionally with Ira. | 和艾拉偶尔谈过 |
[1:11:12] | Kind of. | 一点点 |
[1:11:14] | Yeah, but what about girlfriends? | 是啊 那女朋友之间呢 |
[1:11:17] | The first time you got laid. | 你的第一次 |
[1:11:19] | You had to tell someone that. | 你总得找个人说吧 |
[1:11:22] | It was my wedding night. It was assumed. | 那是我的新婚之夜 当然是 |
[1:11:25] | You missed out on one of the all-time greatest conversations in life. | 你错过了人生中最美妙的一次交谈 |
[1:11:30] | Who’d you tell? | 你告诉了谁 |
[1:11:33] | Rose. | 罗丝 |
[1:11:36] | Well, maybe if I’d had a sister. | 或许如果我也有个姐姐 |
[1:11:39] | Even when you were so small… | 就连你很小的时候 |
[1:11:40] | you had a bond that I’d never had with anyone. | 你都有个伙伴 而我谁都没有 |
[1:11:44] | You still close like that? | 你们还是那么亲密吗 |
[1:11:48] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:11:50] | -You don’t talk about her. -What do you want to hear? | -你没提起过她 -你想听什么 |
[1:11:55] | We’re totally fine. We’re-We’re tight. We’re thick as thieves. | 我们都很好 我们 很亲密 |
[1:11:58] | Let’s ask her down. I’d like to know her too. | 我们请她过来 我也想认识她 |
[1:12:02] | You know, I doubt she would come. | 我想她不会来的 |
[1:12:05] | She’s, like, really busy. She’s a lawyer. | 她 好象 很忙 她是个律师 |
[1:12:07] | -No kidding. What kind? -The really busy kind. | -别开玩笑 哪种 -真的很忙的那种 |
[1:12:13] | What do you do once they’ve all peed? | 他们要是一块儿撒尿你怎么办 |
[1:12:15] | Hmm. Give them a brush. Take ’em all home. | 给他们擦擦 把他们都带回家 |
[1:12:19] | Make sure they have water to drink. | 确保他们有足够的水喝 |
[1:12:24] | -After that. -Then I’m done. | -之后呢 -就没我事了 |
[1:12:28] | -So what do you do? -Whatever. | -那你干吗 -随便喽 |
[1:12:32] | -Shop for food, cook for my boyfriend. -I know his name. | -去买吃的 给男朋友做饭 -我知道他的称谓 |
[1:12:37] | I know, | 我知道 |
[1:12:38] | but I’ve never really had a real, live, grown-up boyfriend before… | 但我以前从未有过真正的熟男做男朋友 |
[1:12:42] | and I’m gonna use the word as often as I can. | 我要尽可能多的说这个词儿 |
[1:12:45] | All right, first of all, he’s not grown up. | 好了 首先 他并不成熟 |
[1:12:48] | None of them are. | 男人永远都长不大 |
[1:12:50] | You know, there’s a consistency to your cynicism which is truly beautiful. | 你一贯的愤世嫉俗还真是可爱 |
[1:12:54] | Hmm. Just don’t be surprised… | 别奇怪 |
[1:12:57] | if he turns out to be… less than perfect. | 如果他开始变的不完美 |
[1:13:00] | And don’t be surprised if he doesn’t. | 也不要惊讶如果他没变 |
[1:13:04] | -I gotta go. -Good-bye. | -我该走了 -拜拜 |
[1:13:07] | -Have fun. -I’ll call you. | -好好享受 -我给你打电话 |
[1:13:09] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:13:10] | You sound too pretty, Maggie, to be cleaning bedpans. | 你声音真好听 麦琪 让你洗便盆太委屈了 |
[1:13:15] | You’re right. I am. | 没错 我可是大美女 |
[1:13:16] | I have a grandson, a doctor over in Tampa. I should introduce you. | 我有一个孙子 是坦帕的医生 我该介绍给你 |
[1:13:20] | -You don’t want to do that. -Are you a bad news? | -你不会想那么做的 -你很会惹麻烦 |
[1:13:24] | Well, you know, I don’t mean to be, but yeah. | 我也不想 可惜我是 |
[1:13:28] | Well, since you’re not gonna marry my grandson… | 好吧 鉴于你不能嫁给我孙子 |
[1:13:32] | you might as well read to me. | 你或许可以读书给我听 |
[1:13:40] | -I’m kind of a slow reader. -Perfect. | -我读书很慢 -好极了 |
[1:13:42] | I’m a slow listener. | 我听得也很慢 |
[1:13:54] | The art of losing | 失去的艺术 |
[1:14:04] | -You know, I should just get back to work. -What is it, dyslexia? | -我该回去工作了 -怎么了 难语症吗 |
[1:14:07] | -What are you, a teacher? -Professor. | -你是谁 老师吗 -教授 |
[1:14:10] | Retired. Just take your time, Maggie. | 退休了的 慢慢来 麦琪 |
[1:14:14] | Listen to the words as you’re about to say them. | 听那些单词 当作你是要说出他们 |
[1:14:17] | Nine times out of 10, you’ll hear a mistake coming… | 10次有9次 你会听到错误的 |
[1:14:19] | and you’ll correct it before you make it. | 在犯错之前你就会更正它 |
[1:14:21] | Then again, you might make a total ass of yourself. | 再发生一次 你都会跟自己生气 |
[1:14:42] | Oh, come on. | 来吧 |
[1:14:45] | Poetry’s supposed to be slow. | 诗就是要慢慢念的 |
[1:15:00] | The art of losing | 失去的艺术 |
[1:15:06] | isn’t hard to master | 不难掌握 |
[1:15:15] | So many things may seem file | 所以 许多事 似乎 本来 |
[1:15:20] | seem filled | 本来 就会 |
[1:15:24] | with the intent | 就会 |
[1:15:27] | to be lost | 失去 |
[1:15:30] | that their… loss… | 失去 |
[1:15:33] | is no… | 并不是 |
[1:15:40] | disaster. | 灾难 |
[1:15:46] | Lose… some | 每天 |
[1:15:51] | something every day. | 都会失去 |
[1:15:55] | Ac-Accept the fluster… | 承受丢失钥匙的 |
[1:15:59] | of lost door keys. | 慌乱 |
[1:16:03] | I lost… two cities… | 我失去了 两座城市 |
[1:16:07] | two… rivers… | 两条 河 |
[1:16:10] | a… contin- | 一 片 |
[1:16:14] | continen-continent. | 一片 陆地 |
[1:16:17] | I… miss them… | 我 想念他们 |
[1:16:19] | but it wasn’t a… disaster. | 但那不是 灾难 |
[1:16:25] | Even… losing you… | 甚至 你失去 |
[1:16:28] | the joking voice… | 开玩笑的声音 |
[1:16:31] | a… gesture… | 我爱的 |
[1:16:34] | I love… | 一种手势 |
[1:16:37] | I… shan’t have lied. | 我 不会撒谎的 |
[1:16:42] | It’s… evi, evident… | 很明显 |
[1:16:46] | the… art… of losing’s… | 失去的 艺术 |
[1:16:49] | not too hard to master… | 不难掌握 |
[1:16:54] | though it look, though it may look… | 尽管它 它看起来 |
[1:16:57] | like Write it! | 象 写出来 |
[1:17:01] | like… | 象 |
[1:17:03] | disaster. | 灾难 |
[1:17:12] | Well, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[1:17:15] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:17:18] | Unacceptable answer. What’s the poem about? | 不喜欢这个答案 这首诗是关于什么的 |
[1:17:23] | -I don’t know. -Yes, you do. What’s it about? | -我不知道 -不 你知道 关于什么的 |
[1:17:29] | -Losing? -What? | -失去 -什么 |
[1:17:34] | -Love? -Ah. | -爱 -啊 |
[1:17:36] | And how about that? | 那是怎样的 |
[1:17:40] | Is the love lost already? | 爱已经失去了吗 |
[1:17:43] | Is Bishop writing about it as a possibility, a probability? | 比肖朴写这个是作为一种可能性吗 |
[1:17:46] | What? | 是什么 |
[1:17:50] | Well… | 这个 |
[1:17:53] | In the beginning, she’s talking about… | 开始 她是说 |
[1:17:56] | Losing real things, like keys. | 失去真实存在的东西 比如钥匙 |
[1:18:02] | And then she, she gets, like | 然后她说 比如 |
[1:18:06] | she lost a continent. | 她失去了一片大陆 |
[1:18:07] | -She’s getting grandiose. -Yeah. | -她装作不在乎 -没错 |
[1:18:11] | And the way she says it is like, like it doesn’t matter. | 她说起来 好象 就象那没关系 |
[1:18:15] | Ah. | 啊 |
[1:18:17] | Her tone, Would you call it detached? | 她的风格 你觉得是独立的吗 |
[1:18:22] | I think she wants to sound detached. | 我觉得她希望听起来很独立 |
[1:18:25] | You know, she wants to… sound… | 她希望 听起来 |
[1:18:29] | like it doesn’t matter… | 就像无所谓 |
[1:18:31] | Because she knows, deep down… | 因为她知道 内心深处 |
[1:18:34] | how bad it’s gonna feel to lose. | 失去的感觉有多糟糕 |
[1:18:37] | Lose what? | 失去什么 |
[1:18:40] | Or whom? | 或什么人 |
[1:18:43] | Is it a lover? | 是爱人吗 |
[1:18:50] | No. | 不是 |
[1:18:57] | It’s a friend. | 是一个朋友 |
[1:19:02] | A-plus. | 满分 |
[1:19:05] | Smart girl. | 聪明的女孩 |
[1:19:29] | Oh, what a-a comfortable home. | 多舒适的家啊 |
[1:19:32] | It’s very, uh, lived in. | 非常 呃 温馨 |
[1:19:34] | Well, what can I get you? | 我给你们拿点什么 |
[1:19:36] | -I’ll have a white wine, and he’ll have the same. -Oh, good. | -我要一杯白酒 他也一样 -噢 好的 |
[1:19:39] | Why don’t you just make yourself at home, and I’ll be right back. | 请自便 我很快回来 |
[1:19:44] | -Hey, Dad! -Hello, sweetie. | -嘿 爸爸 -你好啊 宝贝儿 |
[1:19:47] | -Oh! -Where’s Maggie? | -噢 -麦琪在哪 |
[1:19:49] | -Oh, not here. -Oh, thank God. We don’t need her drama tonight. | -不在这 -谢天谢地 今晚我们不用看她的闹剧 |
[1:19:52] | Why isn’t she here? Is something wrong? | 她为什么不在这 有什么事吗 |
[1:19:54] | -No, we just, you know, had a fight. | 没啥 我们只是吵了几句 -为了什么 |
[1:19:58] | Can we talk about this later? | 我们等会儿再谈这个好吗 |
[1:20:00] | Yes. Bad enough she monopolizes the evening when she’s here. | 是啊 她在这时霸占着整晚已经够糟了 |
[1:20:03] | Oh, let me see that ring. | 给我看看那戒指 |
[1:20:08] | Oh, wow. Look at that. | 喔 哇 瞧瞧啊 |
[1:20:14] | Rose tells me you have a daughter as well, Sydelle. | 罗丝告诉我你还有一个女儿 希黛尔 |
[1:20:18] | My Marcia? You’ll meet her. | 我的玛西亚 你一见到她 |
[1:20:20] | You’ll love her. Everyone does. My Marcia’s a decorator. | 就会喜欢她的 人人如此 我的玛西亚是个装饰家 |
[1:20:24] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:20:25] | She’s an absolute genius in her work. | 她在她的工作上简直就是个天才 |
[1:20:28] | I’d like to say a few words. | 我想说两句 |
[1:20:31] | Please. To Rose and Simon. | 请举杯 为了罗丝和赛蒙 |
[1:20:35] | We’re all blessed to be a part of your happiness. | 我们很荣幸能成为你们幸福的一部分 |
[1:20:37] | Your love bonds not just your two hearts… | 你们两个不只是两颗心灵的融合 |
[1:20:40] | but the hearts of two families. | 代表的是两个家庭 |
[1:20:43] | -Mazel tov! -Mazel tov! | -好运 -好运 |
[1:20:45] | -Mazel tov! -Thanks, Dad. | -好运 -谢谢爸爸 |
[1:20:48] | -That went okay. -Yeah. | -进行的很顺利 -是啊 |
[1:20:50] | Where’s Maggie? | 麦琪在哪 |
[1:20:52] | Uh, it’s hard to say. She moves around a lot. | 很难说 到处活动 |
[1:20:55] | Well, I want to meet her eventually, you know? She’s your sister. | 最终我还是想见她 她是你的妹妹 |
[1:20:58] | -I want to know her. -You will. | -我想认识她 -你会的 |
[1:21:01] | What was the fight about? | 那次吵架是因为什么 |
[1:21:04] | Mmm. Girl stuff. | 女孩的琐事 |
[1:21:13] | Oh, shit. | 噢 该死 |
[1:21:18] | I should have used fresh vegetables instead of frozen. | 我应该用新鲜蔬菜而不是冷冻的 |
[1:21:22] | I don’t think so. They were great. | 我不这么觉得 很好吃 |
[1:21:24] | Really delicious. They were good. | 真的很好吃 很棒 |
[1:21:26] | -Really? -Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[1:21:28] | -So, have you heard from Rose? -No. | -你有罗丝的消息吗 -没有 |
[1:21:33] | -So she hasn’t gotten back to you. -About what? | -所以她没有回复你 -回复什么 |
[1:21:36] | You were going to invite her down, Maggie. | 你要请她过来 麦琪 |
[1:21:38] | I don’t know where you got that idea. | 我不知道你怎么会有那个念头 |
[1:21:40] | Maggie, I specifically asked you to. | 麦琪 我明明让你做的 |
[1:21:44] | So? Just because you specifically asked doesn’t mean I’m going to. | 你指明要我做 不代表我就要这么做 |
[1:21:47] | You shouldn’t smoke. You have a family history of lung cancer. | 你不该抽烟 你有家族肺癌病史的 |
[1:21:51] | I have a family history of car wrecks too. | 我还有个家族车祸病史呢 |
[1:21:53] | Does that mean I shouldn’t drive? | 那是否意味着我不能开车 |
[1:21:55] | -That is not funny. -It wasn’t supposed to be. | -并不好笑 -根本不会的 |
[1:21:58] | All right, what is the problem between you and Rose? | 好了 你和罗丝之间有什么矛盾 |
[1:22:00] | -Why don’t you want her to visit? -Why do you? | -你为什么不想请她来 -你为什么想 |
[1:22:04] | I mean, am I not good enough for you? | 我是说 对你来说我不够好吗 |
[1:22:06] | This has nothing to do with you. | 这和你没关系 |
[1:22:09] | She’s my daughter’s daughter, and I want to get to know her too. | 她是我女儿的女儿 我也想要了解她 |
[1:22:29] | What was Caroline like with you girls? | 凯洛琳和你们在一起时是怎样的 |
[1:22:31] | I mean, as a mom, how do you remember her? | 我是指 作为一个妈妈 你怎么想她的 |
[1:22:34] | Why don’t you ask Rose? | 你干吗不问罗丝 |
[1:22:37] | Maggie, please grow up. | 麦琪 成熟点儿吧 |
[1:22:46] | She was special. | 她很特别 |
[1:22:48] | Different than the other moms. | 和其他妈妈不同 |
[1:22:50] | She used to surprise us. | 她喜欢给我们惊喜 |
[1:22:55] | One time I opened up my lunch box… | 有一次我打开我的午餐盒 |
[1:22:59] | and there was a tiara inside. | 里面有一顶王冠 |
[1:23:03] | A tiara. With your sandwich? | 一顶王冠 和你的三明治放一起 |
[1:23:05] | Instead of a sandwich. | 没有三明治 |
[1:23:09] | What was she like as a daughter? | 作为一个女儿她又是怎样的 |
[1:23:12] | No tiaras. | 没有王冠 |
[1:23:17] | But I loved her so much. | 但我深爱着她 |
[1:23:24] | But loving her in the right way was difficult, for me, anyway. | 但是对于我来说 用正确的方式爱她很困难 |
[1:23:28] | I didn’t know there was a right way and a wrong way. | 我不知道还有正确和错误之分 |
[1:23:30] | Neither did I. | 我也不知道 |
[1:23:33] | I had ideas | 我的想法就是 |
[1:23:36] | I had unwelcomed ideas about how to keep her safe. | 我那个讨厌的想法就是如何确保她的安全 |
[1:23:40] | Like? | 比如说 |
[1:23:41] | Like, I thought she should have been on her medication all the time. | 比如 我认为她应该不停的吃药 |
[1:23:46] | I thought that her relationship with your father was… | 我认为她和你爸爸的关系 |
[1:23:48] | far too passionate for her to handle. | 超过了她所能承受的热情范围 |
[1:23:51] | And as far as children were concerned… | 对一个孩子而言 |
[1:23:53] | she was in no condition, no condition at all. | 她没有病 根本没有病 |
[1:23:56] | So you wish she never had me. | 所以你希望她从未生下我 |
[1:24:02] | You know what I wish, Maggie? | 你知道我所期望的 麦琪 |
[1:24:06] | I wish I’d kept my big mouth shut long enough… | 我希望我能闭上我的大嘴巴 |
[1:24:08] | to hear what she wanted out of life. | 听听生活之外她想要什么 |
[1:24:20] | There she is! There’s the bride! | 她在那 新娘在那 |
[1:24:25] | Be strong. | 坚强点儿 |
[1:24:28] | Stay right here. I’ll get your corsage. | 在这等一下 我去拿你的装饰花 |
[1:24:33] | Corsage? What is this, a prom? | 装饰花 这是什么 学校舞会吗 |
[1:24:36] | -Ladies? -Ah, thank you. | -女士们 -啊 谢谢 |
[1:24:40] | -Who are these people? -I have no idea. | -这些人是谁 -我不认识 |
[1:24:44] | -Except for my Marcia. -Hello! | -除了 我的玛西亚 -好啊 |
[1:24:47] | Hey, you’re not sticking around… | 你刚才不在 |
[1:24:51] | to watch me ooh and ahh over a Mixmaster Deluxe? | 没看见我在这敷衍过来敷衍过去的 |
[1:24:54] | It’s good of you to let Sydelle do this. | 你肯让希黛尔做这些真是太好了 |
[1:24:57] | -Oh, like gale force winds could stop her. -Go easy on her. | -只有超级大风才能阻止她 -对她友善点儿 |
[1:25:00] | -Marcia’s giving her a very hard time these days. -Oh, what’s she doing? | -这些天玛西亚让她很难过 -她做了什么 |
[1:25:04] | Decorating in last year’s colors? | 用了去年的流行色做装饰 |
[1:25:06] | She joined Jews forJesus. | 她加入了犹太教 |
[1:25:14] | Yoo-hoo! Ladies, it’s time… | 女士们 到了 |
[1:25:16] | for the entertainment portion of our soiree. | 这次聚会的娱乐时间啦 |
[1:25:20] | Uh, everyone get where you can see. Anita, Jackie, come on. | 大家找个看的见的地方 阿妮塔 杰克 坐好 |
[1:25:23] | Scoot. Here we go. | 动作快 来喽 |
[1:25:28] | We, who know Rose, are so thrilled… | 每个认识罗丝的人都会兴奋 |
[1:25:31] | that this day has finally arrived. | 这一天终于来临了 |
[1:25:34] | -Aw. -There was a time we had our doubts. | -哇 -那时我们还很怀疑 |
[1:25:40] | Oh, my goodness. | 噢 我的上帝啊 |
[1:25:42] | All that time spent with her nose buried in her book. | 那段时间她一直埋在书本里 |
[1:25:47] | Oh, bookworm. | 噢 书呆子 |
[1:25:49] | Of course, there were romances, | 当然 也有浪漫史 |
[1:25:52] | but for some reason or other, nothing stuck. | 但由于种种原因 什么也没留下 |
[1:25:55] | -Oh! -A little heavy. | -噢 -有点沉重 |
[1:25:58] | Oh. One thing Rose always had was a great appetite. | 唯一罗丝一直拥有的就是一个好胃口 |
[1:26:04] | For life! | 一辈子都是 |
[1:26:14] | Oh, God! | 噢 天哪 |
[1:26:16] | Why would anyone want to marry me? I’m disgusting! | 为什么有人会想娶我 我这么恶心 |
[1:26:20] | The only disgusting person here is your stepmother. She’s hideous. | 唯一恶心的家伙就是你的后妈 她是个讨厌鬼 |
[1:26:23] | So why is she giving me this party? She hates me. | 那她干吗要办这个聚会 她恨我 |
[1:26:27] | Someone else should do it-someone who l-loves me… | 应该由别人来办的 一个爱我的人 |
[1:26:29] | someone who can look at me and say… | 一个能够看着我说 |
[1:26:32] | All of this is nothing more than the happiness you deserve. | 所有这一切只不过都是你应该得到的幸福 |
[1:26:35] | Young lady. | 小姐 |
[1:26:37] | Rose Feller, don’t you dare walk out on | 罗丝菲勒 你怎么敢就那么走 |
[1:26:40] | I am talking to my friend! | 我在跟我朋友说话 |
[1:26:43] | She’s crazy! She’s sick in the head! | 她疯了 她脑子有毛病了 |
[1:26:56] | Hands down, best shower I’ve ever been to. | 毫无疑问 我参加过的最好的洗礼 |
[1:27:07] | Engagement should be a happy time, Rosie. | 订婚该是见高兴的事 罗丝 |
[1:27:09] | So should childhood and graduation. | 童年和毕业也该如此的 |
[1:27:13] | And happy hour. | 还有欢乐时光 |
[1:27:15] | Did you know more suicides happen during happy hour | 你知道吗 现在在欢乐时光中自杀事件 |
[1:27:18] | than any other time of day? | 比其他时间要多的多 |
[1:27:19] | -Is that true? -I wouldn’t doubt it. | -是真的吗 -我相信 |
[1:27:25] | I love you, you know. | 我爱你 你知道的 |
[1:27:42] | -Who’s Rose? -There’s this thing called privacy, Dora. | -罗丝是谁 -有隐私这种东西的 朵拉 |
[1:27:50] | This from a girl who puts a postage stamp on her bottom and calls it a swimsuit. | 这姑娘把邮票盖在屁股上就叫泳衣 |
[1:29:11] | The number you have called is no longer in service. | 您播打的号码已不存在 |
[1:29:14] | If you feel you have reached this recording in error | 如果您听到这段语音 |
[1:29:34] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:29:39] | Are you dead? | 你死了吗 |
[1:29:42] | What were you thinking, going to the mall? | 你想什么哪 去购物中心 |
[1:29:44] | The mall is for young people, people with teeth. | 购物中心只适合年轻人 牙口好的人 |
[1:29:47] | Well, my son’s finally getting married, and the girl’s a ninny. | 我儿子终于结婚了 儿媳妇是个傻子 |
[1:29:50] | “Shut up, Ma,” he says. “Just show up in something nice.” | “闭嘴 妈” 他说”表示点友好" |
[1:29:54] | -You know what I saw today? -What? | -知道我今天看见什么了吗 -什么 |
[1:29:56] | Pants with “Juicy” written across the heinie. I’m gonna wear that? | 屁股上印着”鲜嫩多汁” 字样的裤子 我能穿吗 |
[1:30:01] | Just wear something you’re comfortable in. | 穿些让你觉得舒服的 |
[1:30:03] | I haven’t been comfortable since the Dodgers left Brooklyn. | 道奇队离开布鲁克林之后 我就没舒服过 |
[1:30:09] | What’s your favorite thing you ever wore? | 你曾经穿过的最喜欢的是什么 |
[1:30:12] | -Ever? -Yeah. In your whole life. | -曾经 -是啊 你这辈子 |
[1:30:15] | My going away suit from my wedding. | 结婚那天我的 |
[1:30:18] | Black and white checks, very fitted. | 是黑白格的 非常合身 |
[1:30:21] | I felt like Jackie Kennedy in that suit. | 穿上它 我就觉得自己是杰姬肯尼迪 |
[1:30:30] | Give me your credit card. Give it to me. | 给我你的信用卡 给我 |
[1:30:38] | Can I get you a size? | 能告诉我你的尺码吗 |
[1:30:44] | No, I’m going to the women’s suit department. | 不用了 我要去女装专柜 |
[1:30:59] | So? | 怎样 |
[1:31:02] | -Jackie Kennedy? -Better. Jackie Onassis. | -像杰姬肯尼迪吗 -更好 像杰姬奥纳西斯 |
[1:31:10] | That looks so good on you. | 你穿起来很好看 |
[1:31:12] | Oh, Maggie, you’re so sweet. Good job! | 噢 麦琪 你人真好 干的不错 |
[1:31:23] | You ready? | 你好了吗 |
[1:31:24] | I don’t know what to wear to a Main Line wedding. | 我不知道要穿什么去参加一个重要的婚礼 |
[1:31:26] | It doesn’t matter. Wear whatever you want. | 没关系的 想穿什么就穿什么 |
[1:31:28] | Believe me, when the bride’s name is Lopey, it matters. | 相信我 如果新娘的名字是洛琵 就有事了 |
[1:31:31] | Look, th, that looks great. Come on. | 这件很好看 就它啦 |
[1:31:33] | -Really? -Yeah. Come on. We gotta go. | -真的吗 -是啊 快点吧 我们该走了 |
[1:31:36] | -Okay. | 好的 |
[1:31:38] | I can’t believe you have a friend named Lopey. | 我无法相信你有个朋友叫洛琵 |
[1:31:40] | -Come on, come on, come on. -I’m sorry. Wait. | -快点 快点 -抱歉 等一下 |
[1:31:48] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[1:31:49] | Because if there’s gonna be any stabbing, I need a little heads up. | 因为如果待会儿有什么伤自尊的事 我得小心点儿 |
[1:31:52] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[1:31:58] | Oh, my God. | 上帝啊 |
[1:32:01] | Oh, shit. MyJimmy Choos! | 噢 该死 我的”吉米周” 鞋子 |
[1:32:06] | Chewing gum? | 口香糖 |
[1:32:09] | Oh, that bitch. That bitch! | 那个婊子 那个婊子 |
[1:32:12] | -No one will notice. -Right. No one’s gonna notice that. | -没人会注意的 -没错 没人会注意的 |
[1:32:14] | Hi. Hi. Hi! Hi. I can talk, because I have a mouth. | 嗨 嗨 我能讲话 因为我有一张嘴 |
[1:32:18] | My heel has a mouth! | 我的鞋根有张嘴 |
[1:32:19] | No one will notice. | 没人会注意的 |
[1:32:21] | Oh, my God! What happened to your heel? | 噢 天哪 你的鞋根怎么了 |
[1:32:30] | Uh, best wishes, Lopey, Jordan. | 祝福你 洛琵 |
[1:32:34] | Thanks, Simon. | 谢谢 赛蒙 |
[1:32:37] | Let the wind die down. | 让风渐渐吹息 |
[1:32:41] | Let the… shed go black inside. | 让 小屋隐没于黑暗 |
[1:32:45] | Let evening come. | 让夜晚来临 |
[1:32:49] | To the bottle in the ditch… | 来到渠中的瓶子里 |
[1:32:53] | to the scoop… in the oats… | 来到燕麦片中的勺子上 |
[1:32:58] | to… air in the lung… | 来到肺里的空气中 |
[1:33:05] | Let evening come. | 让夜晚来临 |
[1:33:16] | Can I take that for you? | 我再给你拿一杯吗 |
[1:33:19] | I hear you’re getting married. Congratulations. | 我听说你要结婚了 祝贺 |
[1:33:25] | Congratulations are for the groom. | 祝贺是说给新郎的 |
[1:33:28] | You say “best wishes” to the bride. | 对新娘应该说”祝福” |
[1:33:30] | I guess my manners aren’t what they should be. | 我想我的表现本不该这样 |
[1:33:33] | Gee, really? | 是吗 |
[1:33:36] | Rose, I am really sorry. | 罗丝 我很抱歉 |
[1:33:39] | I’ve felt horrible about myself for two solid months. | 在过去的两个月里 我感觉糟糕透了 |
[1:33:42] | I’ve felt horrible about myself my whole life… | 我觉得我一生都糟透了 |
[1:33:45] | so you’ll get no sympathy from me. | 所以你得不到我的任何同情 |
[1:33:52] | You know what they called me growing up? | 知道他们怎么叫我吗 |
[1:33:56] | Fudgie the Whale. | 弗杰小鲸鱼 |
[1:33:59] | I’m still shocked when a woman wants me… | 我仍然很震惊 当一个女人愿意要我 |
[1:34:02] | and sometimes I do really stupid things because I can’t believe I can. | 而我有时真的会做蠢事 因为我不相信我有那个能力 |
[1:34:07] | -That thing with your sister -Was inexcusable. | -和你妹妹的事 -是不可原谅的 |
[1:34:11] | No matter what you weighed in high school. | 无论你高中时有多重 |
[1:34:14] | You ruined everything. | 你毁了一切 |
[1:34:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:34:21] | What we had… was really special. | 我们曾有过的 真的很特别 |
[1:34:27] | Oh, please! What we- | 噢 拜托 我们 |
[1:34:33] | Because of you, I have no idea where my sister is. | 因为你 我都不知道我妹妹在哪 |
[1:34:37] | I can’t reach her. Her phone’s cut off. | 我联系不上她 她的手机停了 |
[1:34:40] | She doesn’t even know I’m engaged. My own sister. | 她都不知道我订婚了 我的亲妹妹啊 |
[1:34:44] | My best friend. | 我最好的朋友 |
[1:34:47] | And the worst part is, I can’t talk to anyone about it. | 而最糟糕的就是 我不能告诉任何人 |
[1:34:51] | If I tell my father, he’ll get all panicked and mad at me… | 如果我告诉爸爸 他会提心吊胆 对我大发雷霆 |
[1:34:54] | for not taking better care of her. | 因为我没有照顾好她 |
[1:34:56] | And if I tell Simon-I can’t tell Simon. | 如果我告诉赛蒙 我不能告诉他 |
[1:35:01] | Why not? | 为什么不 |
[1:35:03] | Because… | 因为 |
[1:35:07] | he’ll hate her. | 他会恨她的 |
[1:35:10] | And that, I couldn’t bear. | 那样 我承受不了 |
[1:35:25] | Hi, Jim. | 嗨 吉姆 |
[1:35:29] | Here I am, trying to be patient, trying to be understanding… | 我在这 我在努力忍受 努力理解 |
[1:35:33] | while you lose your freaking mind. | 你是脑子一时失控 |
[1:35:35] | -I’m not losing my mind. -Ping-ponging between comatose and homicidal. | -我没有 -难以取舍是吧 |
[1:35:38] | God, every day I wake up thinking, Maybe today’s the day she’ll come back. | 上帝啊 每天我醒来都在想 或许她今天会回来 |
[1:35:43] | -I’m right here. -Maybe today she’ll look at me like she used to. | -我就在这啊 -或许她会像曾经那样看着我 |
[1:35:46] | She’ll-She’ll look at me in the eye, tell me what she’s thinking.” | 她会 她会看着我的双眼 告诉我她的想法 |
[1:35:50] | -Simon? -But no, no, no. | -赛蒙 -但是没有 没有 |
[1:35:52] | Today’s the day you look him in the eye… | 今天你看着的是他的双眼 |
[1:35:54] | tell him what you’re thinking. | 告诉他你的想法 |
[1:35:57] | The guy who treated you like a, like a disposable washrag. | 那个把你当作一次性衣服的家伙 |
[1:36:26] | This has nothing to do with him. | 这和他没有任何关系 |
[1:36:30] | This is about you and me- | 这是关于你和我 |
[1:36:32] | you not talking to me, you not telling me what’s going on inside you. | 你不和我谈心 不告诉我你的内心世界 |
[1:36:39] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[1:36:48] | I won’t marry you like this. | 这样我不会娶你的 |
[1:36:53] | I won’t do it. | 不会的 |
[1:37:11] | So this lady today, she, um, she heard about how | 这位女士 今天听说了 |
[1:37:14] | I shopped for Mrs. Lefkowitz… | 我给莱福克威兹夫人买衣服的事 |
[1:37:16] | and she asked if I’d do the same for her. | 所以她问我是否同样也可以帮她 |
[1:37:18] | -No kidding? -Yeah. | -不是开玩笑 -不是 |
[1:37:21] | -Said she’d pay. -Well, she’d better. | -她付钱 -她最好是 |
[1:37:31] | Do you think there’s other women down here who would? | 你觉得这的其他女人还有谁会愿意吗 |
[1:37:33] | Are you kidding? Scads. | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[1:37:37] | I was thinking of doing it maybe like… a business. | 我在想这样或许可以像 一种交易 |
[1:37:45] | Well, that’s an excellent idea. | 是个好主意 |
[1:37:51] | Um, I’m really terrible at numbers. | 我是个数字白痴 |
[1:37:55] | I mean, adding and stuff. | 我是指 算数 |
[1:38:00] | Well, I’m good with them. I can help. | 我很擅长 我可以帮忙 |
[1:38:06] | I mean, if you like. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[1:38:11] | Yeah. Sure. | 好啊 当然了 |
[1:38:18] | That’d be good. | 太好了 |
[1:38:22] | Gin. | 酒 |
[1:38:53] | -Oh, no. -Dad? | -哦 不是吧 -爸爸 |
[1:38:57] | -Dad? You are not welcome here! -Rose? | -爸爸 这里不欢迎你 -罗丝 |
[1:39:00] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[1:39:01] | Is he kidding? I’m fantastic. | 别开玩笑了 我要晕了 |
[1:39:03] | Turns out I have a grandmother I never knew about. | 我竟然有一个从不知道的外婆 |
[1:39:05] | It was in your own best interest. | 那只是你的个人想法而已 |
[1:39:07] | -Your father thought… -Why are you speaking? | -你爸爸认为 -你干吗说话 |
[1:39:09] | You do not have any place in this conversation. | 这次谈话没你的份儿 |
[1:39:11] | -Excuse me, miss. This is my house. -Sydelle. Please. | -对不起 小姐 这是我的家 -希黛尔 别这样 |
[1:39:23] | How did she find you? | 她怎么找到你的 |
[1:39:26] | How did she lose me? | 她怎么失去我的 |
[1:39:31] | She said she sent birthday cards. | 她说她寄了生日卡 |
[1:39:33] | Please tell me you never got ’em. | 请告诉我你没收到过 |
[1:39:38] | Our mother was dead, our father was practically catatonic. | 我们的妈妈死了 我们的爸爸简直就是个神经病 |
[1:39:42] | -A grandmother might have come in handy. -She was impossible, Rose. | -外婆可能多少会有用 -她不可能的 罗丝 |
[1:39:46] | Bossy, self-righteous, nosy about things that weren’t her business. | 跋扈 自以为是 好管闲事 |
[1:39:51] | -Like what? -Trust me. We were better off without her. | -就像 -相信我 我们没有她会更好 |
[1:39:54] | Because she was bossy? That doesn’t make any sense. | 因为她跋扈 这讲不通 |
[1:39:56] | I didn’t want to be around that, and I didn’t want you around it. | 我不想卷进去 不想你们卷进去 |
[1:39:59] | -What? -The judgment. The blame. | -什么 -批评 责怪 |
[1:40:01] | -For what? What, What’d she blame you for? -Everything. | -因为什么 她怪你什么了 -每件事 |
[1:40:04] | -What everything? -Just everything. | -每件什么事 -就是每件事 |
[1:40:06] | -Dad! -For your mother, all right? | -爸爸 -因为你妈妈 好吗 |
[1:40:09] | For her death. | 因为她的过世 |
[1:40:15] | -She said that? -She didn’t have to. | -她说的 -她没必要说 |
[1:40:20] | She wanted her protected all the time. Drugged. | 她想要一直保护她 用药物 |
[1:40:25] | But Caroline, she didn’t want to live that way. | 但是凯洛琳 她不想那样生活 |
[1:40:28] | It made her foggy. | 那让她迷茫 |
[1:40:30] | She couldn’t take it if she was pregnant. | 她怀孕时不能吃药的 |
[1:40:33] | So… we hoped it would be enough | 所以 我们希望能够尽力 |
[1:40:37] | loving each other, loving you and Maggie. | 去爱对方 爱你和麦琪 |
[1:40:43] | There were so many good days. | 有太多的美好时光 |
[1:40:47] | We thought it would be okay. | 我们认为一切都会好的 |
[1:40:50] | Oh, God. | 噢 上帝啊 |
[1:40:53] | I’m sorry, Rosie. | 对不起 罗丝 |
[1:40:56] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:40:58] | Now, um… | 现在 |
[1:41:02] | the only opening on Thursday she has is 5:00. | 周四她唯一的空闲时间就是5点 |
[1:41:06] | -P.M.? -Yes. | -下午 -是的 |
[1:41:07] | -That’s right in the middle of dinner. -Well, take it or leave it. | -正是晚饭的时间 -要还是不要 |
[1:41:11] | -I’ll take it if she won’t. -I’ll take it. I’ll take it. | -她不要我要 -我要 我要 |
[1:41:14] | -Mrs. Stempel. -Ella. | -斯坦裴尔夫人 -埃拉 |
[1:41:16] | Lewis! Are you looking for a personal shopper too? | 路易斯你也来找私人导购吗 |
[1:41:20] | No. A date, to the Tea Dance. | 不 是约会 去茶会 |
[1:41:23] | And I’d be honored if you’d go with me. | 我会很荣幸你和我一起去的 |
[1:41:29] | -I’d love to. -Pick you up at 4:00. | -我很想去 -4点来接你 |
[1:41:36] | -Lewis Feldman. -Ooh. | 路易斯 费德曼 |
[1:41:48] | This place just keeps getting better and better. | 这地方越来越好了 |
[1:42:15] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干吗 |
[1:42:20] | I live here. What are you doing here? | 我住这 你来这干吗 |
[1:42:22] | You live here? In an old folks home? | 你住这 住在老人家里 |
[1:42:27] | It’s a retirement community for active seniors. | 这是给活跃的老年人的退休社团 |
[1:42:30] | Wait, so you-you live with our grandmother? | 那么你和我们的外婆住一起 |
[1:42:36] | How’d you find out about her? | 你怎么知道她的 |
[1:42:39] | I can’t believe she wrote you without telling me. | 她竟然给你写信没有告诉我 |
[1:42:44] | It’s so sneaky. | 太鬼鬼祟祟了 |
[1:42:48] | Does it offend your strict moral code? | 这触犯了你苛刻的道德法条吗 |
[1:42:54] | So, how’s it going for you down here? | 你在这过的怎么样 |
[1:42:57] | Who’s buying your cocktails? | 谁给你买鸡尾酒喝 |
[1:43:00] | No one. | 没有人 |
[1:43:02] | Oh, no. Is your mojo failing you already? | 不是吧 你的个人魅力没有了吗 |
[1:43:05] | My mojo’s fine. | 我的个人魅力很好 |
[1:43:08] | I just haven’t felt like drinking. | 我只是不想喝酒而已 |
[1:43:10] | Right. Probably haven’t felt like stealing… | 没错 可能也不想偷东西 |
[1:43:13] | or lying or having sex with inappropriate partners either. | 或者是跟不合适的人上床 |
[1:43:19] | Did you come down here just to abuse me? | 你来就是为了骂我吗 |
[1:43:23] | Maggie! I hope you are prepared to be exceedingly rich… | 麦琪 我希望你做好大富大贵的准备 |
[1:43:26] | because I booked you within an- | 因为我给你预约了 |
[1:43:30] | Rose. Oh. | 罗丝 噢 |
[1:43:35] | Oh, Rose. | 噢 罗丝 |
[1:43:37] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[1:43:39] | Oh, look how lovely you are. Oh. | 你看你多可爱啊 |
[1:43:45] | Oh. Do you remember me? | 你还记得我吗 |
[1:43:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:43:52] | I remember you too. | 我也记得你 |
[1:43:54] | You-You’re exactly the same. | 你一点儿都没变 |
[1:43:56] | Smiley and huggable and- | 那么可爱 让人想拥抱你 |
[1:44:00] | -Ooh, and engaged? -What? | -噢 订婚了 -什么 |
[1:44:02] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[1:44:04] | -Holy shit. To who? -No one you know. | -该死的 和谁 -你不认识的 |
[1:44:08] | Champagne. Now, come with me. | 香摈 来 跟我走 |
[1:44:11] | Tell me all about it. | 告诉我一切 |
[1:44:16] | I can’t believe you’re marrying somebody I haven’t even met. | 我不敢相信你要嫁给一个我没见过的人 |
[1:44:24] | What’s he like anyhow? | 他到底长什么样 |
[1:44:30] | Why? You want to screw him too? | 干吗 你想把他也抢走 |
[1:44:37] | I don’t expect you to forgive me, Rose… | 我不指望你会原谅我 罗丝 |
[1:44:44] | but I am sorry. | 但我很抱歉 |
[1:44:55] | -Careful, Mrs. Haskell. -I’m always careful! | -小心点儿 汉斯卡尔夫人 -我一直都很小心 |
[1:44:58] | She hit somebody last week. It was a big to do. | 她上周撞了人 很难处理 |
[1:45:02] | And there’s a store | 那有一个药店 |
[1:45:03] | where you can buy eight different kinds of hemorrhoid creams. | 你可以买到8种不同的痔疮膏 |
[1:45:06] | All right. Here come the Queen Bees. | 好了 蜂后们来了 |
[1:45:08] | Widows. They run the place. Oh, watch out. | 寡妇们 他们经营这地方 注意点儿 |
[1:45:12] | -Hello, ladies! This is my sister. -Maggie. | -好啊 女士们 这是我姐姐 -麦琪 |
[1:45:14] | -Hi. -Hi, Maggie. | -嗨 -嗨 麦琪 |
[1:45:16] | Yep. Have a good day. | 玩的愉快 |
[1:45:20] | This is the exercise pavilion. Hey, guys! | 这是锻炼场地 嗨 伙计们 |
[1:45:23] | -Hi, Maggie. -This is my sister, Rose. | -嗨 麦琪 -这是我姐姐 罗丝 |
[1:45:25] | Hello, Rose! | 你好 罗丝 |
[1:45:27] | Good, Lydia. A good stretch. That’s it. | 好的 丽迪亚 伸展的很好 对了 |
[1:45:30] | -And left. -Looking good, Mrs. Klein. | -换左边 -看起来不错 克莱恩夫人 |
[1:45:33] | -Hi, Maggie. -Hi, ladies. | -嗨 麦琪 -嗨 女士们 |
[1:45:34] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[1:45:37] | I call these guys The Bench. They’re all former lawyers. | 我叫这些人”法官席” 他们以前都是律师 |
[1:45:40] | -Gentlemen! Hey. -Hi, Maggie. | -先生们 嗨 -嗨 麦琪 |
[1:45:44] | This is my sister, Rose. | 这是我姐姐 罗丝 |
[1:45:45] | She’s a lawyer, too, from Philadelphia. | 她也是个律师 从费拉德尔菲亚来 |
[1:45:47] | -Which firm? -Uh, actually, no firm right now. | -哪家公司 -实际上 现在哪个都不是了 |
[1:45:51] | I’m just… taking some time off. | 我刚刚辞职了 |
[1:45:54] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[1:46:03] | -What are you doing, Ella? -Sit down, girls. | -你在干吗呢 埃拉 -坐下 姑娘们 |
[1:46:07] | I’ve got some things here I thought you might like to see. | 我找到些东西 我想你们会想看 |
[1:46:11] | -Whoa. -Oh, God. | -哇 -喔 上帝啊 |
[1:46:14] | -Look at you. -These are great. | -看看你 -真是太好了 |
[1:46:17] | Hey, look. Our old living room. | 嘿 看哪 我们以前的客厅 |
[1:46:20] | Mm-hmm. | 没错 |
[1:46:22] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[1:46:24] | Could Mom have been any prettier? | 妈妈一直都这么美 |
[1:46:27] | Oh, you look exactly like her. Doesn’t she? | 你和她很像 是不是 |
[1:46:30] | I wonder if there’s a picture of Honey Bun. | 我在想会不会有张哈尼邦的照片 |
[1:46:32] | That’d be pretty impossible. | 根本不可能 |
[1:46:33] | -Who’s Honey Bun? -Our dog. | -谁是哈尼邦 -我们的狗 |
[1:46:34] | -You had a dog? -For one day. | -你们养过狗 -就一天 |
[1:46:36] | The greatest day. | 最好的一天 |
[1:46:38] | Mom woke us up really early. It was a school day. It was still dark out. | 妈妈很早就叫醒我们 是上学日 外面依然很黑 |
[1:46:43] | It was winter. | 那是冬天 |
[1:46:44] | And she put us in our best party dresses and dragged us down to the kitchen | 她给我们穿上最好的舞会礼服 把我们拉到厨房 |
[1:46:48] | which was a mess. | 那里一团糟 |
[1:46:49] | Covered, every counter, in fudge. | 到处都是软糖 |
[1:46:51] | She’d been up all night making it. | 她准备了一夜 |
[1:46:53] | We loaded it into the car, and she drove us right past school… | 我们上了车 她开车带我们经过了学校 |
[1:46:57] | straight up to New York, to Lord & Taylor. | 一直开到纽约 开到了洛德泰勒商店 |
[1:46:58] | Which was closed, because we got there at 8:00 in the morning. | 还没开门 因为我们到那才早上8点 |
[1:47:00] | -That’s right, and we hung out in the car. -Eating fudge for breakfast. | -没错 我们坐在车里等着 -吃软糖当早点 |
[1:47:04] | Mom had heard about Mrs. Fields. You know, the cookie lady? | 妈妈听说过菲尔姿夫人 知道吗 做饼干的那位夫人 |
[1:47:07] | And she figured that her fudge was just as good as those cookies, so- | 她说她的软糖和饼干一样好 |
[1:47:10] | So she was gonna make a fortune. | 所以她赚了很多钱 |
[1:47:13] | When it finally opened, we went in and, oh, God, she was so beautiful. | 终于开了门 我们走进去 天哪 她太美了 |
[1:47:18] | -She was wearing this long, velvety gown. -At 8:00 in the morning? | -她穿着天鹅绒的长炮 -早上8点钟 |
[1:47:22] | Well, by this time it was 10:00. | 那时候已经10点了 |
[1:47:23] | I guess she talked to some of the store people about the fudge, | 我猜她和店里的人说过软糖的事 |
[1:47:26] | but I don’t remember. | 可我不记得了 |
[1:47:27] | Mmm, she spilled it, all over the jewelry counter. | 她打翻了 撒的珠宝柜台里到处都是 |
[1:47:30] | -There was a guy who just kind of looked at her. -I don’t remember a guy. | -有一个男人好象在看她 -我不记得有个男人 |
[1:47:35] | There was a guy, and he looked at her. | 有的 他看着她 |
[1:47:40] | Anyway, Mom said that we could each get one present. | 妈妈说我们每个人都可以挑样礼物 |
[1:47:43] | -And you got… -A Nancy Drew book. | -你要的是 -南茜德鲁的书 |
[1:47:46] | I asked for a puppy. And she got it! | 我想要一只小狗 她就给我买了 |
[1:47:50] | He was so cute. I named him Honey Bun. | 他非常可爱 我叫他哈尼邦 |
[1:47:54] | Why’d you only have it for one day? | 为什么只养了一天 |
[1:47:56] | -I guess Dad thought it was a bad idea. -Why? | -我估计是因为爸爸觉得不好吧 -为什么 |
[1:47:59] | I don’t know. I think he thought I was too young. | 我不知道 他可能觉得我太年轻了 |
[1:48:02] | No. He was just mad. | 不 他只是很生气 |
[1:48:05] | -About a dog? -No, about the whole day. | -对一只狗 -不 对于那一整天 |
[1:48:09] | He didn’t have any idea where we were, and school had called. | 他不知道我们去了哪儿 学校打来了电话 |
[1:48:13] | -Oh. -Really? | -噢 -真的 |
[1:48:16] | Yeah. He was really panicked and really, really mad at her. | 他很担心 非常非常生她的气 |
[1:48:21] | They had a huge fight. | 然后他们大吵了一架 |
[1:48:23] | I don’t remember a fight. | 我不记得吵架了 |
[1:48:26] | You were in your room with a record playing. | 你在房间里玩录音机 |
[1:48:29] | -I was? -Yeah. | -我有吗 -是的 |
[1:48:32] | I put you in there and turned the music on so you wouldn’t hear them. | 我把你带进房里 打开音乐 这样你就听不见了 |
[1:48:36] | Why? What were they saying? | 为什么 他们说什么了 |
[1:48:43] | He was saying… | 他说 |
[1:48:46] | she was unfit. | 她不配做个妈妈 |
[1:48:48] | That’s the word he used. | 他用的这个词 |
[1:48:52] | He said he was gonna… send her away. Put her away. | 他说要把她送走 把她关起来 之类的 |
[1:48:56] | -Something he kept saying “away.” -Mmm. And her? | -“他一直在说”离开” -那她呢 |
[1:49:00] | “Oh, there’s nothing wrong with me. I’m a good mother.” | “我什么病都没有 我是个好妈妈” |
[1:49:02] | He’d say, “away,” and she’d say, “I’m their mother!” | 他说”离开” 她就说”我是她们的妈妈” |
[1:49:06] | So he was-he was gonna have her hospitalized. | 所以他就 他就把她送到医院里了 |
[1:49:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:49:21] | Oh, God. The poor guy. | 噢 天哪 可怜的人啊 |
[1:49:26] | When exactly was this? | 具体是几号 |
[1:49:29] | November 3. | 11月3号 |
[1:49:32] | No. No, it wasn’t. It was, like, months before that. | 不 不 不是 好象比那还早 |
[1:49:37] | It was two days. | 只有两天 |
[1:49:38] | It was Tuesday, and she died that Thursday. | 是周二 她周四就去世了 |
[1:49:51] | It was on purpose, wasn’t it? | 是故意的 是不是 |
[1:49:57] | The car, the tree. | 那车还有那树 |
[1:50:05] | Was it even raining that night? | 那天晚上还下了雨吗 |
[1:50:11] | You were so little. | 你太小了 |
[1:50:15] | How do you tell a six-year-old her mom left by choice? | 怎样去告诉一个才6岁大的孩子她的妈妈死了 |
[1:50:25] | Who told you? | 谁告诉你的 |
[1:50:31] | No one. | 没有人 |
[1:50:42] | Oh, God. Why can’t I just stay mad at you? | 天哪 为什么我无法生你的气 |
[1:50:46] | Because we’re a pair, like Sonny and Cher. | 因为我们是一对儿 就象桑尼和雪儿 |
[1:50:50] | They split up. | 她们的组合解散了 |
[1:50:52] | But they remained quite close. | 但他们仍然很亲密 |
[1:51:06] | I’m not engaged anymore. | 我的订婚玩完了 |
[1:51:13] | Simon dumped me. | 赛蒙把我给甩了 |
[1:51:21] | Why are you still wearing the ring? | 你干吗还戴着戒指 |
[1:51:26] | I like how it feels. | 我喜欢那种感觉 |
[1:51:32] | -Do you know his name? -Simon Stein. | -你知道他的名字吗 -赛蒙 斯坦 |
[1:51:36] | -Doctor? -Lawyer. | -医生 -律师 |
[1:51:38] | -Oh. Nice. -So you call information- | -噢 不错 -那你去查一下 |
[1:51:41] | “Simon Stein in Philly”, | “费拉德尔菲亚的赛蒙斯坦” |
[1:51:43] | Get his number, make a call. | 找到他的号码 打个电话 |
[1:51:45] | And say what? | 然后说什么 |
[1:51:47] | Hey, jerk, you broke my sister’s heart. | 嘿 混蛋 你伤了我姐姐的心 |
[1:51:49] | Come down here and make it right. | 马上滚过来与她和好 |
[1:51:50] | Maybe not that, word-for-word. | 或许不是那样 逐字逐句的 |
[1:51:52] | He broke up with her. He’s not gonna want to come. | 他伤害了她 他不会想来的 |
[1:51:54] | Well, you don’t know that. | 你不知道 |
[1:51:55] | Men can be very confused. | 男人会非常迷惑的 |
[1:51:57] | Yeah, too many options-be an astronaut, be a playboy. | 是啊 有太多选择 当宇航员 花花公子 |
[1:52:02] | Often a man needs help making the right choice. | 一个男人常常需要有人帮他做个正确的选择 |
[1:52:05] | Yeah, how am I supposed to help him? He doesn’t even know me. | 是嘛 那我该怎么帮他 他都不认识我 |
[1:52:08] | He knows your sister. | 他认识你姐姐 |
[1:52:10] | And loves her, or he wouldn’t have proposed in the first place. | 他爱她 不然他不会主动求婚的 |
[1:52:13] | -So? -So, what if he learns she was in trouble? | -那又怎样 -那么 如果他知道她出事了会怎样 |
[1:52:19] | Or sick. | 或是生病了 |
[1:52:21] | Or pregnant. | 或者怀孕了 |
[1:52:24] | Dora! | 朵拉 |
[1:52:26] | Don’t look so shocked, | 别那么吃惊 |
[1:52:27] | Miss Comes-To-Florida-To-Milk-Your-Grandmother-For-All-She’s-Worth. | “来到佛罗里达榨取外婆一切” 的小姐 |
[1:52:31] | We know all about you. | 我们都知道你是怎么回事儿 |
[1:52:42] | -So, dog walking. -Oh, don’t worry about it. | -遛狗 -别担心 |
[1:52:45] | It’s not forever. | 不是永远的 |
[1:52:46] | It’s just to keep me busy till I figure out my next move. | 只是为了 我在知道下一步怎么走之前让自己忙一点 |
[1:52:50] | Well, when you figure it out, I hope you’ll let me know. | 当你知道了 我希望你能告诉我 |
[1:52:53] | You know, down here, | 住在这 |
[1:52:54] | if you don’t have successful grandchildren to brag about… | 你要是没有出色的外孙来炫耀 |
[1:52:56] | you’re screwed. | 就会被瞧不起 |
[1:52:59] | What are we reading today? A little Emily Dick? A little | 我们今天读点儿什么 艾米·丽迪克吗 还是 |
[1:53:24] | Did they move him? | 他们给他换房间了吗 |
[1:53:29] | He died. | 他死了 |
[1:53:31] | This morning. | 今天早晨 |
[1:53:41] | Bummer. | 失败 |
[1:53:45] | -Were you on duty? -No, l-I don’t work here. | -你值班吗 -不 我不在这工作 |
[1:53:49] | This is his chart. | 这是他的病历表 |
[1:53:50] | You’re his grandson, the doctor. | 你是他的外孙 那个医生 |
[1:53:56] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[1:54:00] | Um, nobody. I just, I read to him sometimes. | 谁也不是 我只是有时读书给他听 |
[1:54:07] | You’re Maggie. | 你是麦琪 |
[1:54:11] | He talked about me? | 他提起过我 |
[1:54:16] | Just a little. | 一点点 |
[1:54:56] | Who’s Fred Astaire? | 那个”弗雷德阿斯泰尔” 是谁 |
[1:55:01] | That’s Lewis. | 是路易斯 |
[1:55:06] | You’re a very good dancer, Lewis. | 你真是个好舞伴 路易斯 |
[1:55:10] | Know what else I’m good at? | 知道我还擅长什么吗 |
[1:55:26] | Simon. | 赛蒙 |
[1:55:28] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干吗 |
[1:55:30] | I came as soon as your sister called. | 接到你妹妹的电话我就赶过来了 |
[1:55:39] | Should you be drinking? | 你能喝酒吗 |
[1:55:57] | -So you’re not pregnant. -No. | -那你就是没怀孕 -没有 |
[1:55:59] | -Never were. -Don’t you think I would tell you if I were pregnant? | -从来没有 -我怀孕难道不告诉你吗 |
[1:56:02] | I don’t know. You know, I hope so, but, | 我不知道 我希望是 但是 |
[1:56:05] | frankly there were a lot of things you weren’t telling me back there. | 说实话 有太多事了你没告诉过我 |
[1:56:11] | I promise, anything I kept from you had nothing to do with us. | 我保证 我不告诉你的事都是与我俩无关 |
[1:56:16] | It was about Maggie. | 是关于麦琪的 |
[1:56:19] | I was protecting her because that’s what I do. | 我一直护着她 因为那是我应该做的 |
[1:56:24] | You need to know this, because if by some insane stroke of fate… | 你得知道 如果因为神经错乱 |
[1:56:29] | you do decide to marry me… | 你决定娶我 |
[1:56:30] | she will make your life a living hell. | 她会让你生不如死的 |
[1:56:34] | You’ll be begging me to kick her out… | 你会求我把她踢出去 |
[1:56:36] | commit her, kill her, anything. | 把她关起来 杀了她 等等 |
[1:56:38] | And I’ll want to… | 我会那么想 |
[1:56:40] | but I never will. | 但我从不愿意 |
[1:56:44] | Because without her… | 因为没有她 |
[1:56:47] | I don’t make sense. | 我就失去了意义 |
[1:56:54] | You look good. You look like you. | 你看起来很好 就象你自己 |
[1:57:09] | I can’t believe I’m in Florida. | 我不敢相信我竟然在佛罗里达 |
[1:57:15] | -You’ll come back? -Yes, I promise. | -你会回来吗 -是的 我保证 |
[1:57:17] | -Now, you hold her to it. -I will. | -你要带他回来 -我会的 |
[1:57:19] | Okay, don’t buy a wedding dress. It’s gonna be my gift to you. | 好了 别买婚纱了 我会作为礼物送给你们的 |
[1:57:23] | No way. | 没门 |
[1:57:25] | You’ll have me in some hootchie-mama monstrosity. | 你会让我看起来像跳肚皮舞的怪物 |
[1:57:28] | Look, I’m good at this. Trust me. | 我很擅长这个 相信我 |
[1:57:38] | Are you sure this is the right place? | 你确定是这地方吗 |
[1:57:41] | Only one Jerk Hut in Philadelphia, ma’am. | 全费城就只有这一家 |
[1:58:00] | Michael. | 麦可 |
[1:58:02] | Ella. | 埃拉 |
[1:58:06] | This is my friend, Lewis Feldman. | 这位是我的朋友 路易斯费德曼 |
[1:58:08] | Lewis, this is Michael Feller, father of the bride. | 路易斯 这位是麦可费德勒 新娘的爸爸 |
[1:58:11] | Pleased to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:58:12] | Welcome. Rose will be so glad you’re here. | 欢迎 你来罗丝会很高兴的 |
[1:58:16] | Ella! | 埃拉 |
[1:58:21] | I’m so glad you’re here. | 真高兴你来了 |
[1:58:23] | -Are you excited? -Yeah. | -兴奋吗 -是啊 |
[1:58:26] | Yes? Perfect. | 是吗 好极了 |
[1:58:27] | She gets really mad if you leave the lid off the ice cream. | 如果你忘记盖冰淇淋的盖子 她会抓狂的 |
[1:58:30] | I know. | 我知道了 |
[1:58:31] | -Don’t even think about using her toothbrush. -Mm-hmm. | -别用她的牙刷 想都别想 -嗯 |
[1:58:35] | -And she hates the look of raw chicken. -I know. | -她讨厌剥了皮的鸡 -知道了 |
[1:58:38] | And if she starts humming “Hava Nagila”… | 如果她开始哼”哈瓦那基亚” 那首歌 |
[1:58:40] | she’s, like, really, really mad, like maggie. | 她就是 真的 真的很生气 就像麦 |
[1:58:42] | Mag-Maggie | 麦 麦琪 |
[1:58:43] | I know. I know her. | 我知道 我了解她 |
[1:58:49] | -Okay. -Okay. | -好吧 -好 |
[1:58:54] | I wore them in 1952. | 我1952年穿过 |
[1:58:59] | -Old. -But not to you. | -过时了 -对你来说不是 |
[1:59:01] | -Right. -And if I didn’t give them to you? | -没错 -我可不是送给你哟 |
[1:59:04] | -Borrowed. -Mm-hmm. And look at the flowers. | -是借穿 -看看上面的花 |
[1:59:08] | -Blue. -Yeah. | -兰色的 -是啊 |
[1:59:11] | So, uh, Simon- | 赛蒙 |
[1:59:17] | I’ll be back in a few minutes. | 我一会回来 |
[1:59:30] | They are so lovely. | 她们太可爱了 |
[1:59:33] | You should be very proud. | 你应该非常自豪 |
[1:59:38] | I’m afraid I can’t take much credit. | 恐怕我不能苟同 |
[1:59:43] | Well, it’s not always easy taking care of yourself… | 照顾自己向来不容易 |
[1:59:46] | and someone else at the same time. | 照顾别人 也是一样 |
[1:59:53] | I owe you an apology, Ella. | 我欠你个道歉 埃拉 |
[2:00:00] | Many, in fact. | 事实上 是很多 |
[2:00:05] | I owe quite a few myself. | 我自己也是 |
[2:00:10] | You’ll be entering from- | 你进来的时候 |
[2:00:12] | Oh, yeah, just along here and, um, down these stairs. | 噢 对 从这儿 走下台阶 |
[2:00:16] | -And will someone be escorting you? -My dad. | -会有人送你吗 -我爸爸 |
[2:00:19] | -That’s nice. -Dad. | -真好 -爸爸 |
[2:01:03] | -Thanks, Dad. -Thanks, Michael. | -谢谢爸爸 -谢谢 麦可 |
[2:01:19] | And now, a very special moment. | 现在是特别时刻 |
[2:01:22] | Young lady? | 那位小姐 |
[2:01:25] | Uh, this isn’t in the program, because it’s a surprise. | 这不是个节目 是个惊喜 |
[2:01:29] | I surprise Rose a lot. | 我总是给罗丝惊喜 |
[2:01:34] | Uh, usually, she hates it. | 通常 她很讨厌 |
[2:01:36] | I think, or I hope… | 我想 或者我希望 |
[2:01:38] | that she likes this. | 她能喜欢这个 |
[2:01:44] | It’s a poem by e.e. Cummings. | 一首卡明斯的诗 |
[2:01:49] | For you. | 送给你 |
[2:01:58] | I carry your heart with me. | 我带着你的心 |
[2:02:01] | I carry it in my heart. | 放在我的心里 |
[2:02:04] | I am never without it. | 从未离开 |
[2:02:06] | Anywhere I go, you go, my dear. | 无论我在哪里 你在哪里 我亲爱的 |
[2:02:09] | And whatever is done by only me… | 我所做的一切 |
[2:02:12] | is your doing, my darling. | 都是你 我亲爱的 |
[2:02:16] | I fear no fate… | 我不害怕灾难 |
[2:02:18] | for you are my fate, my sweet. | 因为你是我的命运 我亲爱的 |
[2:02:22] | I want no world, for, beautiful… | 我不想要全世界 |
[2:02:25] | you are my world, my true. | 你就是我的全部 我的真爱 |
[2:02:29] | Here is the deepest secret no one knows. | 没有人知道这个内心深处的秘密 |
[2:02:34] | Here is the root of the root… | 根本中的根本 |
[2:02:36] | and the bud of the bud… | 是稚嫩中的稚嫩 |
[2:02:38] | and the sky of the sky of a tree called life… | 是天上天 生命之树 |
[2:02:41] | which grows higher than the soul can hope… | 越长越高 超越了灵魂的期望 |
[2:02:44] | or mind can hide. | 或思念的掩饰 |
[2:02:48] | It is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart. | 让星光闪耀 |
[2:02:55] | I carry your heart. | 我带着你心 |
[2:02:59] | I carry it in my heart. | 放在我的心中 |
[2:03:07] | Mazel tov! | 好运 |
[2:03:41] | Ah, look at them. | 看看他们 |
[2:03:43] | Now, you behave yourself now. | 你现在代表了自己 |
[2:04:10] | -You’ll make sure Ella gets those? -Mmm. Of course. | -你确定是埃拉买的 -当然了 |
[2:04:15] | Seriously, you can’t keep them. | 我是认真的 不能给你 |
[2:04:18] | I wouldn’t do that. | 我不会那么做的 |
[2:04:27] | He’s kinda hot. | 他挺惹火的 |
[2:04:31] | Simon. | 赛蒙 |
[2:04:37] | Not funny yet? | 不好笑吗 |
[2:04:57] | Bye. | 拜 |
[2:05:13] | Here’s the deepest secret no one knows. | 没有人知道这个内心深处的秘密 |
[2:05:16] | Here is the root of the root… | 根本中的根本 |
[2:05:18] | and the bud of the bud… | 稚能中的稚嫩 |
[2:05:21] | and the sky of the sky of a tree called life. | 是天上天 生命之树 越长越高 |
[2:05:25] | Which grows higher than the soul can hope… | 超越了灵魂的期望 |
[2:05:27] | or mind can hide. | 或是思念的掩饰 |
[2:05:30] | It is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart. | 让群星闪耀 |
[2:05:34] | I carry your heart. | 我带着你的心 |
[2:05:37] | I carry it in my heart. | 放在我的心里 |