时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Before we met, I was married to someone else but she died. | 遇见你之前 我曾经结过婚 但是她过世了 |
[00:06] | Eddie’s question begun | 伊迪的疑心开始蔓延 |
[00:08] | What do you think if I and Katherine going to camp. | 我和凯瑟琳一起去野营 你觉得如何 |
[00:09] | It would be fun. | 一定很很有趣 |
[00:10] | And Dave’s plan move forward | 大卫的计划发展顺利 |
[00:12] | This is going to be fun. | 一定乐趣无穷 |
[00:13] | Were you serious about going back to work. | 你说要重新工作 是认真的吗 |
[00:16] | Lynette took a new path. | 勒奈特人生旅程翻开崭新一页 |
[00:18] | Now is your turn. | 现在轮到你了 |
[00:19] | Tell Carlos he’s fired. | 告诉卡洛斯 他被开除了 |
[00:21] | But is was Carlos’ boss, | 意外的是 卡洛斯的老板 |
[00:23] | He just kept telling me he loves her. | 他一直不停的说 他有多爱他 |
[00:25] | Who was terminated | 走到了生命尽头 |
[00:27] | I just wanted him to stop talking. | 我只是想让他住嘴 |
[00:33] | Come on Gaby. | 快点 加布 |
[00:35] | We’ll be late. | 我们要迟到了 |
[00:39] | Gabrielle Solis | 加布丽尔・索利斯 |
[00:40] | Hated going to funerals, | 厌恶一切葬礼 |
[00:42] | For all sorts of reasons. | 原因众多 |
[00:46] | Black was not her color. | 黑色不能衬托她的艳丽 |
[00:51] | Crying depressed her. | 眼泪让她感到抑郁 |
[00:54] | And lilies made her sneeze. | 而且她对百合花 过敏 |
[01:00] | Also Gabrielle despite any events | 最重要的 凡是不以她为中心的场合 |
[01:04] | where she is not the center of attention. | 她都厌恶出席 |
[01:08] | Luckily, at this funeral, that would not be a problem. | 幸运的是 这一回 她正好是焦点人物 |
[01:14] | Gaby, i was hoping you’d be here. | 加布 我一直希望你能来 |
[01:16] | Everyone is saying that you and carlos were there, | 大家都说 你和卡洛斯在现场 |
[01:19] | You know, when maria killed bradley. | 玛利亚杀死布拉德利的时候 |
[01:23] | You know, jody, i really don’t think this is | 茱蒂 这个时间和场合 |
[01:26] | The time or place to discuss gory details. | 不应该谈这个话题吧 |
[01:29] | You’re absolutely right. | 你说的没错 |
[01:31] | Sit next to me at the wake. | 守丧的时候坐在我旁边 |
[01:38] | I want to go home! | 我想回家 |
[01:41] | Well, we just got here. the funeral hasn’t even started. | 我们刚到 葬礼都还没开始呢 |
[01:44] | Yeah, well, i have a feeling most of these vultures | 对 在场的这些秃鹫 |
[01:47] | Didn’t come to pay their respects to brad. | 根本不是出于敬意 |
[01:49] | They’re just here to pump us for dirt about his murder. | 他们只是来打听小道消息的 |
[01:51] | Okay, even so, i can’t be seen walking out of here early. | 就算这样 我们也不能提早离场 |
[01:54] | These people are my coworkers. | 这些都是我的同事 |
[01:55] | were your coworkers.Brad fired you | 是你的旧同事 布拉德利开除你了 |
[01:57] | Remember? | 没忘记吧 |
[01:57] | Yeah, and maria killed him eight hours later. | 对 然后8个小时候 玛利亚杀了他 |
[02:00] | He might not have told anyone, so pipe down. | 也许他还没告诉别人 冷静点 |
[02:02] | We don’t need people thinking | 不要让被人误会 |
[02:03] | That we put the knife in maria’s hands. | 是我们借玛利亚的手杀人 |
[02:05] | -Carlos. -oh, hi. | -卡洛斯 -你好 |
[02:08] | Gaby, this is, uh, owen johnston, our c.e.o. | 加布 这是约翰斯顿 我们的行政总裁 |
[02:10] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[02:12] | How do you do? i know it’s an awkward time, | 你们还好吗 我知道现在时机不对 |
[02:15] | But i must catch a plane right after the service, | 但葬礼之后我要赶飞机 |
[02:17] | -And i need to talk to you. -about what? | -我需要和你谈谈 -谈什么 |
[02:20] | Bradley called me before he died. | 布拉德利死之前给我打电话 |
[02:22] | He wanted to discuss your job performance. | 说想讨论一下你的工作业绩 |
[02:26] | Well, what did he say? | 那他怎么说的 |
[02:28] | Well, sadly, | 可惜的是 |
[02:30] | By the time i returned the call, he was dead. | 当我回电话时 他已经亡故了 |
[02:33] | Really? | 是吗 |
[02:36] | But i think i know what he wanted to tell me. | 但我应该没猜错他的用意 |
[02:40] | Based upon the big bonus he fought for carlos to have, | 根据他以前努力为你争取的高额奖金 |
[02:44] | It’s fairly obvious he was going to recommend a promotion. | 很明显 他想升你的职 |
[02:49] | That was my guess, too. | 我也这么猜想 |
[02:51] | The terrible irony is he didn’t realize | 讽刺的是 他没想到 |
[02:53] | The job he was recommending | 你升职之后接管的 |
[02:55] | Would turn out to be his own. | 将是他的职位 |
[02:57] | Wait. | 等等 |
[02:59] | So you’re offering me | 你是要聘请我 |
[03:01] | Bradley’s job as president of the company? | 接替布拉德利 当公司总经理吗 |
[03:04] | I can’t think of anyone better suited. | 你是再合适不过的人选了 |
[03:06] | of course, it would be the same compensation package. | 当然 薪水和他是一样的 保持不变 |
[03:10] | Please. tell me you’ll accept. | 恳请你 一定要答应 |
[03:13] | He sure will. | 他当然会答应 |
[03:16] | The man has a plane to catch. | 人家还要赶飞机呢 |
[03:18] | I’d be honored to step in for bradley. | 我非常荣幸 能接替布拉德利 |
[03:21] | Good. i’m glad we’ve got that handled. | 很好 很高兴我们把这事解决了 |
[03:24] | Now we can focus on the sorrow of this tragic day. | 现在就能集中精神为他哀悼了 |
[03:28] | The same compensation package! | 一样高的薪水 |
[03:31] | We’re rich! | 我们发财了 |
[03:35] | We are at a funeral. | 现在是出席葬礼 |
[03:37] | Please be quiet. | 安静点 |
[03:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:40] | Yes, gabrielle solis hated going to funerals… | 加布丽尔・索利斯憎恶葬礼 |
[03:44] | And for god sakes, stop smiling. | 看在上帝的份上 别笑了 |
[03:48] | Mostly because she couldn’t pretend to be sad | 主要是因为 她无法在心情大好之时 |
[03:52] | When she wasn’t. | 假装悲伤9 |
[04:04] | You can find them on any sidewalk in any city… | 在各地大街小巷走动的人们 |
[04:08] | People with agendas– | 都有不为人知的目的 |
[04:11] | The woman who calls up an old friend | 这女人拜访一位旧朋友 |
[04:14] | Because she wants to borrow some cash… | 因为她需要点现金周转 |
[04:17] | The man who takes his boss to lunch | 这个男子请上司吃午餐 |
[04:20] | Because he wants the corner office… | 因为他觊觎一个更大的办公室 |
[04:24] | The girl who looks after her uncle | 这个女孩照看自己的舅舅 |
[04:27] | Because she wants to be in the will… | 因为她希望在遗产中分一杯羹 |
[04:30] | Yes, you can see these people almost everywhere. | 确实 这样的人到处都是 |
[04:34] | Doing what they can to keep their agendas hidden. | 将自己的用意深埋心底 |
[04:42] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:43] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:44] | I need to look someone up in your archives. | 我需要查查你们档案上的一个人 |
[04:47] | It’s a client, and he’s, uh, a bit of a smooth talker. | 是你们的顾客 他有点油嘴滑舌的 |
[04:50] | Just want to make sure that he’s | 我想确定一下 |
[04:52] | not giving me a run around.” | 别让他给骗了 |
[04:54] | Sure. what’s his name? | 没问题 他的名字是 |
[04:55] | David… dash. | 大卫・达什 |
[04:58] | All i’ve got here are the obituaries. | 我这里只有一些讣告 |
[05:02] | Anything else will take me a couple of days. | 其他的资料需要一些时间 |
[05:05] | Fine. let’s start with the obits. | 好吧 我们就从讣告开始查 |
[05:08] | No david… | 没有大卫 |
[05:10] | That’s probably because he’s not dead. | 那是因为他还没死 |
[05:12] | Try lila. | 试试查查里拉 |
[05:16] | Lila dash. | 里拉・达什 |
[05:18] | Killed three years ago, car crash. | 三年前身亡 死于车祸 |
[05:20] | That was his wife. give me that one. | 那是他的妻子 给我看看 |
[05:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:25] | You want paige dash, too? | 佩奇・达什的也要吗 |
[05:28] | Paige? | 佩奇 |
[05:29] | Yeah, their daughter. | 对 他们的女儿 |
[05:32] | “paige dash, 3 years old, | 佩奇・达什 3岁 |
[05:34] | Daughter of lila and david.” | 大卫和里拉的女儿 |
[05:36] | It says here she died in the same crash. | 上面说 她也在那场车祸中身亡了 |
[05:57] | Who are we dishing? i do hope it’s not me. | 这是在说谁的八卦呢 希望不是我 |
[06:01] | No, we’ve already covered you. | 关于你 已经八卦完了 |
[06:02] | we’ve moved on to my daughter the thief. | 现在正讨论我的小偷女儿 |
[06:04] | Oh, dear. what happened? | 天啊 怎么了 |
[06:06] | I’m missing my small candy dish. | 我的一个小糖果盘不见了 |
[06:08] | I had it last night when you guys were over for dinner, | 昨晚你们过来吃饭时还在的 |
[06:12] | Because i remember orson admiring it. | 当时奥森一直夸奖它 所以我印象深刻 |
[06:14] | Yes, i, uh… remember that. | 没错 我 记得 |
[06:17] | Anyway, juanita went over before breakfast | 胡安妮塔今天早上过去 |
[06:19] | To invite m.j. to her birthday party, | 邀请MJ参加生日晚会 |
[06:21] | And, well, candy plus juanita. | 胡安妮塔看到糖果 |
[06:23] | You don’t have to be sherlock holmes | 不用福尔摩斯也能破这个案件了 |
[06:26] | To crack this case. well, we don’t know that for sure. | 这也说不定的 |
[06:28] | I could have misplaced it. | 也许我放错地方了呢 |
[06:30] | I’m sure it’ll turn up somewhere. | 说不定什么时候就出现了 |
[06:32] | Well… i’m off. | 我还是先走了 |
[06:38] | Andrew, cancel my lunch. | 安德鲁 取消我的午餐计划 |
[06:42] | No, everything’s fine. | 不 没什么事 |
[06:44] | Your stepfather’s just misplaced a few things, | 是你的继父 把几件小东西放错地方了 |
[06:46] | And i need to find them. | 我得找找 |
[06:51] | Hey, tom. no, still waiting. | 汤姆 没有 还在等呢 |
[06:54] | Big surprise. they’re running behind at an ad agency. | 大惊喜 他们的办公地方居然在一个广告部后面 |
[06:58] | So did any of those other places call back? | 其他地方有没有回复呢 |
[07:01] | Seriously? | 不会吧 |
[07:04] | Six interviews and nothin’? | 6个面试 没人回复 |
[07:08] | Well, i should probably try and keep my game face on here. | 这次我可要保持笑容了 |
[07:11] | I’ll–i’ll call you later. i love you. bye. | 稍后再联系 我爱你 拜拜 |
[07:15] | Mariana! | 玛莲娜 |
[07:17] | I had a feeling that you’d be interviewing for this! | 我就猜到你会来这里参加面试 |
[07:20] | Hey, nikki. | 你好 妮琪 |
[07:22] | So i guess anna should be showing up any minute, too. | 我猜安娜应该很快也会来了吧 |
[07:24] | No. you didn’t hear? she’s pregnant. | 不 你没听说吗 她怀孕了 |
[07:27] | Oh, my god. a kid and she just turned 30? | 天啊 刚30就怀孕吗 |
[07:30] | Bye-bye, career. oh, don’t start. | 永别了 事业 别说这个话题 |
[07:32] | I’m gonna be 30 in 2 years. i feel so old. | 再两年我就30了 感觉人都老了 |
[07:35] | Do you wanna know what’s even sadder? | 知道更惨的是什么吗 |
[07:37] | I just heard that veronica’s looking for work, | 我听说维罗妮卡在找工作 |
[07:40] | And she’s 39. | 她都已经39了 |
[07:42] | In this business? | 在这行 |
[07:43] | After 35, they take you out back | 35岁之后 他们就会带你到后门 |
[07:45] | and they shoot you in the face, | 一枪毙了你 |
[07:50] | Lynette scavo. | 勒奈特・斯加沃 |
[07:52] | We’re ready for you. | 轮到你了 |
[07:53] | Coming. | 来了 |
[07:56] | Do me a favor. | 帮帮忙 |
[07:58] | If you hear a gunshot, tell my four kids i love them. | 如果你们听到枪声 转告我的4个孩子 我爱他们 |
[08:09] | Now as you listen to the music, | 当你们听着音乐时 |
[08:12] | See what pops into your head. | 展开你们的想象力 |
[08:14] | What shapes does it make you see? | 这些音乐让你们想到什么形状 |
[08:18] | What colors are you thinking of? | 什么颜色 |
[08:20] | Uh, why are the children drawing with crayons? | 为什么孩子们拿着蜡笔在画画 |
[08:23] | They’re supposed to be making clay vases. | 他们应该做粘土花瓶的 |
[08:24] | Well, i wanted to do something more free. | 我希望能课堂氛围更自由 |
[08:27] | It’s an imagination-building exercise. | 这是个训练想象力的练习 |
[08:30] | Looks like a lot of scribbling to me. | 我看着就像乱涂乱画 |
[08:33] | Susan, | 苏珊 |
[08:34] | These parents pay $22,000 a year to send their kids here. | 孩子的父母每年支付2万2千美元 |
[08:38] | As art teachers, it’s our job to give them | 作为艺术教师 你应该教会他们 |
[08:41] | Something adorable to put on their desks | 做些可爱的手工 摆放在桌子上 |
[08:43] | To smile at while they write those tuition checks. | 好让父母们觉得 钱花得有价值 |
[08:47] | I mean, | 我的意思是 |
[08:48] | No one’s gonna find | 没人会觉得 |
[08:50] | This meaningless chicken scratch adorable. | 这些无意义的涂鸦 有何可爱之处 |
[08:55] | Not yours, mia. yours shows real promise. | 不是说你 米亚 你画得很好 |
[08:59] | Jessie, you said that i could plan the lesson today, | 杰西 你说我今天可以自行组织教学计划 |
[09:03] | And i think this is valuable. | 我认为这很有意义 |
[09:06] | I’m just trying to be creative. | 我只是想创新 |
[09:08] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[09:09] | But you know where i stand. | 但你应该知道我的立场 |
[09:14] | What’s an “evalley-ation,” miss susan? | 苏珊老师 评估是什么意思 |
[09:17] | An evaluation? | 评估嘛 |
[09:19] | Well, that is when someone judges your work | 就是看你的表现 |
[09:23] | And gives you a grade on it. | 给你打个分数 |
[09:25] | But don’t worry. i’m not doing that today. | 但是别担心 我今天不打分 |
[09:28] | No, they’re doing it to you. | 不 是他们要给你打分 |
[09:30] | Who? | 谁 |
[09:33] | Miss jessie and principal hobson. | 杰西老师和霍布森校长 |
[09:35] | I heard them talking. | 我听到他们说了 |
[09:37] | Oh, right. that’s not till later this year. | 是的 不过要到年末 |
[09:39] | No, it’s this week. i hope you don’t get fired. | 不 是这个星期 希望你不会被开除 |
[09:42] | The lady with the purple sweater | 穿紫色毛衣的那个女老师 |
[09:44] | Argued with miss jessie like you did, and she’s gone. | 就像你一样 和杰西老师顶嘴 后来她走了 |
[09:48] | The lady with the purple sweater? | 穿紫色毛衣的老师 |
[09:51] | I never learned her name. she wasn’t here that long. | 我不知道她名字 她没待多久 |
[09:55] | She was creative, too. | 她也很有创意 |
[09:59] | All right, everyone. | 好了 大家 |
[10:01] | Grab some clay. we’re making vases. | 拿些粘土 我们要开始做花瓶了 |
[10:05] | Darling, i’m home. | 亲爱的 我回来了 |
[10:08] | Oh, and i’m famished! | 饿得快晕倒了 |
[10:10] | What are we having for dinner? | 晚餐吃什么 |
[10:17] | How about a confession? | 忏悔大餐如何 |
[10:22] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[10:30] | Start talking. | 坦白从宽 |
[10:32] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说些什么 |
[10:35] | I want you to explain to me | 我想让你解释 |
[10:37] | Why this insanity is still going on. | 为什么还干这些疯狂的事 |
[10:39] | When you stole that tape recorder, | 你偷了那个录音笔 |
[10:41] | You said it was a onetime thing, | 你说是最后一次 |
[10:43] | An impulsive act of revenge. | 是报复的冲动 |
[10:45] | It was, at first. | 刚开始是这样子的 |
[10:49] | But then… | 可是后来 |
[10:51] | I know it sounds odd, but… | 我知道听起来很怪 |
[10:55] | It started giving me a thrill. | 这让我觉得很兴奋 |
[10:59] | A thrill? | 兴奋 |
[11:01] | Stealing a ceramic duck gives you a thrill? | 偷了一个陶瓷鸭子让你兴奋 |
[11:06] | It’s hard to explain. | 这很难解释 |
[11:08] | Well, maybe you’d feel more comfortable | 好吧 也许跟专业人士谈谈 |
[11:10] | Talking to a professional. | 会感觉更不错 |
[11:11] | A psychiatrist? | 看心理医生 |
[11:14] | Good heavens. bree, i’m not crazy. | 天哪 布里 我没病 |
[11:21] | Look, i’ll stop. | 听着 我以后不这样了 |
[11:23] | I’ll–i’ll tell everyone i’m sorry | 我 我会跟所有的人道歉 |
[11:25] | And return everything. | 归还所有的东西 |
[11:27] | You will do no such thing. from this moment on, | 不许再做这种事情了 从现在开始 |
[11:30] | 不许去朋友们家 | |
[11:32] | how we get this things back | 那怎么把这些还回去 |
[11:35] | i’ll take care of it | 不用你操心 |
[11:53] | I’m so glad you could make it. | 很高兴你能来 |
[11:55] | I know i sprung this on you at the last minute | 你能赶来 我太激动了 |
[11:58] | I was just gonna watch a dvd and order some takeout, | 我打算看看影碟 再叫点外卖 |
[12:01] | So i’m looking forward to a home-cooked meal. | 我很期待家常菜 |
[12:03] | Oh, well, keep looking, | 好吧 只能期待了 |
[12:05] | ’cause i don’t cook, and shanghai panda delivers. | 我不会做饭 叫了海熊猫外卖 |
[12:08] | Oh. well, that’ll be fine. | 好的 挺好的 |
[12:10] | You know, susan, | 苏珊 你知道吗 |
[12:11] | I was a little surprised to get your invitation. | 收到你的邀请我挺惊讶的 |
[12:15] | Oh, well, you know, | 你知道 |
[12:16] | I just think that school is such a formal environment, | 我只是想学校是个正式的场合 |
[12:19] | And i thought it would be nice if we could let loose | 我认为如果我们能放松一点 喝点酒 |
[12:22] | And drink a little wine, get to know each other. | 相互加深一下了解 |
[12:27] | Oh, my gosh. | 天哪 |
[12:29] | -What? -look at you. | -怎么了 -看你 |
[12:32] | You’re like that schoolmarm in the movies | 你看起来像电影里披着头发的 |
[12:34] | Who lets down her hair and va-va-va-voom. | 女教师 真漂亮 |
[12:39] | I’ve never gotten a va-va-va-voom before. | 我从来没听过这样的赞美 |
[12:42] | Thanks. you look nice, too. | 谢谢 你看起来也很不错 |
[12:45] | Oh, please. i didn’t even get a chance to change. | 拜托 我都没什么机会改变 |
[12:48] | My ex was late picking up m.j., | 我的前夫该来接MJ了 他迟到了 |
[12:50] | Which is insane, ’cause he lives right across the street. | 他神经了 因为他就住在马路对面 |
[12:53] | Your ex lives across the street? | 你的前夫就住在对面 |
[12:55] | He decided to shack up with my best friend. | 他决定跟我的好朋友同居 |
[12:58] | And people wonder why i’m through with men. | 居然还有人奇怪 我为什么受够男人了 |
[13:02] | So what are we toasting to? | 我们庆祝什么 |
[13:04] | Getting to know each other better. | 为了更深一步的了解 |
[13:07] | Oh, napkins. | 忘了餐巾 |
[13:11] | I’ll drink to that. | 这非常值得干杯 |
[13:16] | Oh, hey, mike. come on in. | 你好 麦克 快进来 |
[13:18] | I went a little crazy at the camping supply store. | 我在露营商店买的有点多了 |
[13:21] | Hey, check this out. i got katherine her own lantern. | 看看这个 我给凯瑟琳准备了提灯 |
[13:24] | I know she was a little worried | 我知道她有点担心 |
[13:26] | About finding the latrine in the middle of the night. | 半夜起来找厕所 |
[13:29] | Uh, actually, that’s, uh, why i came by. | 事实上 我 我就是为这事来的 |
[13:31] | Katherine sort of bailed. | 凯瑟琳要放鸽子了 |
[13:33] | Bailed? you mean she’s not going camping with us? | 放鸽子 你意思是他不跟我们去露营了 |
[13:37] | Ah, she’s really sorry, | 她很抱歉 |
[13:38] | But she’s gotta get her taxes done. | 但是她必须把税交了 |
[13:40] | So katherine is blowing us off for taxes. | 所以凯瑟琳因为交税不能去了 |
[13:44] | Also, i think she’s worried she’d just be a third wheel. | 另外 我想她是担心她会拖我们后腿 |
[13:49] | What? oh, come on. | 什么 得了吧 |
[13:50] | I mean, this trip is as much about her as it is about us. | 我是说 她对我们来说也很重要啊 |
[13:53] | Tell her she’s gotta come. | 告诉她一定得来 |
[13:55] | First of all, i don’t tell katherine to do anything. | 首先 我不会命令凯瑟琳做任何事情 |
[13:57] | And it’ll be better with just us guys. | 而且我们来一趟男人之旅也不错 |
[13:59] | We can burp and scratch to our heart’s content. | 我们可以随心所欲的打嗝 搔痒 |
[14:02] | Besides, katherine was never | 另外 凯瑟琳本来 |
[14:03] | Part of the original plan anyway. | 也不在我们的计划中 |
[14:05] | No, she wasn’t. | 是啊 是没她 |
[14:07] | All right, i’ll, uh, see you saturday. | 好吧 我会 周六见 |
[14:10] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[14:27] | You’re not listening to me. | 你没在听我说 |
[14:30] | I’m not saying i’m giving up on love. | 我不是说我打算放弃爱情 |
[14:33] | I’m saying i’ve already given up. | 我的意思是我已经放弃了 |
[14:35] | No. i-i will not let you. | 不行 我不会让你放弃的 |
[14:37] | You are too smart and funny and adorable. | 你这么聪明 幽默 可爱 |
[14:41] | Am i? | 是吗 |
[14:43] | It’s been a long time since i’ve been complimenit like that | 已经很久没有人这样恭维过我了 |
[14:46] | Well, i mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[14:48] | Anyone would be lucky to have you. | 能跟你在一起的人 是他的福气 |
[14:51] | You are a catch. | 你很有魅力 |
[14:58] | Jeez. how did it get so late? | 天哪 怎么已经那么晚了 |
[15:01] | Is there a school policy on showing up to work drunk? | 学校明令禁止酒后上班吗 |
[15:04] | It’s frowned upon. | 当然不行 |
[15:09] | I’ve had the best time tonight. | 我今晚过得很愉快 |
[15:11] | Oh, me, too. | 我也是 |
[15:13] | You know, i think we should probably keep this between us. | 你知道 今晚的事情是我们的秘密 |
[15:17] | We don’t want people talking at work. | 我不想同事们说三道四的 |
[15:19] | it’ll be our secret? | 我们的小秘密 |
[15:25] | So… you think you might wanna do this again sometime? | 那么 你什么时候还想再聚一次吗 |
[15:29] | It’s a date. | 你在约我 |
[15:37] | Va-va-va-voom! | 太棒了 |
[15:49] | S-so what kind of kiss are we talking about? | 这么说你们接吻了 哪种类型的 |
[15:51] | A regular kiss on the mouth… | 就是嘴对嘴接吻啊 |
[15:53] | That lasted a little longer than i thought it would. | 比我想象的时间长了一点 |
[15:56] | So was it a good, old-fashioned american kiss | 是美国的老式接吻 |
[15:58] | Or are we talking the infinitely superior french variety? | 还是法式多样的激情吻 |
[16:03] | Okay, i’m probably just blowing this out of proportion. | 好吧 我刚才没说清楚 |
[16:07] | I mean, she never even said anything about being gay. | 她从来没说提过一句同性恋 |
[16:10] | Well, that doesn’t make any difference. right, lee? | 好吧 说不说出来都一样 是吧 李 |
[16:13] | Why ask me? | 为啥问我啊 |
[16:14] | Aside from the occasional parade, | 除了偶尔的游行外 |
[16:16] | Gay men rarely interact with lesbians in the wild. | 男同志跟女同志没什么关系 |
[16:19] | Susan, if you’re not sure what she meant by it, | 苏珊 如果你不确定她那是什么意思 |
[16:21] | Why don’t you just have a talk with her? | 为什么不直接跟她谈谈 |
[16:23] | Oh, that would be way too awkward. she’s my boss. | 那样太尴尬了 她是我上司 |
[16:25] | She’s your boss? | 她是你的上司 |
[16:26] | Let her kiss you again, then sue her. | 那就让她再亲你一次 然后控告她 |
[16:29] | Okay, we’re gonna figure this out for you. | 好了 我们会帮你弄明白的 |
[16:32] | Were her eyes open or shut? | 她眼睛是睁着的还是闭着的 |
[16:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:36] | Well, how many seconds did the kiss last? | 好吧 你们亲了多长时间 |
[16:39] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[16:41] | Oh, for god sakes. | 看在上帝的份上 |
[16:43] | Was it this… mm. | 是这样吗 |
[16:46] | Or was it this… | 还是这样 |
[16:55] | The second one? | 第二种 |
[16:58] | Congratulations. you’re now dating a lesbian. | 恭喜你 你在跟同性恋约会 |
[17:01] | See you at the parade. | 一起去游行吧 |
[17:06] | Hey, gaby? | 你好 加布 |
[17:08] | I’ll see ya. | 再见 |
[17:10] | I wanted to ask you something. feel free to say no. | 有个小小的请求 你可以拒绝 |
[17:13] | Oh, honey, i’m flattered, but i | 亲爱的 你过奖了 可是我 |
[17:15] | only did that to hope this is no | 刚才那么做只是帮苏珊 |
[17:16] | Yeah, this isn’t about that. | 不是那件事 |
[17:18] | Um, i wanted to say i heard about carlos’ big promotion. | 我想说的是 卡洛斯升职的事儿 |
[17:22] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[17:24] | Thank you. i mean, it’s said how it happened, | 谢谢 我是说 这一切怎么发生的啊 |
[17:26] | But, you know, when opportunity knocks, | 可是 你知道的 机会找上门来 |
[17:28] | You gotta answer the door, right? absolutely. | -你就得抓住 对吧 -没错 |
[17:31] | Now you know i’m looking for work? | 你看 我现在正在找工作 |
[17:33] | -Oh, yeah. how’s that going? -not great. | -是啊 怎么样了 -不太顺利 |
[17:35] | See, while i was working at scavo’s, | 我在斯加沃之家工作的时候 |
[17:37] | I got seven years older, which is weird, | 老了七岁 真奇怪 |
[17:41] | Seeing as how all the c.e.o.s got seven years younger. | 看起来那些CEO们怎么更年轻了 |
[17:44] | The bottom line is, no one wants to hire someone | 底线是 没人想雇佣那些 |
[17:47] | Who could have made out with their dad on prom night. | 和自己老爸同岁的职员 |
[17:50] | Anyway, i hear carlos | 总之 我听说卡洛斯 |
[17:52] | Is looking for a new director of marketing. | 在找新的市场经理 |
[17:55] | Think you could put in a good word for me? | 你看能不能帮我美言几句 |
[18:00] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[18:02] | Y-you don’t know? | 你不清楚 |
[18:05] | Well, i thought you did advertising. | 好吧 我以为你是做广告的 |
[18:07] | Yes, i helped advertise what companies decided to market. | 是啊 我做广告 公司依据广告决定市场 |
[18:11] | It’s the same thing. | 是一回事 |
[18:12] | Come on. you know i’d be great. | 好了 你知道我很棒的 |
[18:14] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[18:16] | You guess? gaby… | 你想 加布 |
[18:19] | Look, lynette, you’re my friend, and i love you, | 听着 勒奈特 我们是朋友 我爱你 |
[18:21] | But as far as knowing if you’re any good at your job… | 可是就我所知你在工作上的成绩… |
[18:24] | Enough with the shrugging. | 别耸肩了 |
[18:27] | – Come on. – you’re putting me in a tough spot. | -别这样 -你让我很为难 |
[18:30] | Carlos is under a lot of pressure now, | 卡洛斯现在压力很大 |
[18:32] | And he’s not really in a position | 再说他没站稳脚跟 |
[18:34] | – To be taking big risks. – you think i’m a big risk? | -冒不能这么大的风险 -你觉得我是个大风险 |
[18:40] | Okay, that’s it. | 好吧 就这样吧 |
[18:42] | Fourth shrug. i’m out. | 耸了四次肩 我不求你了 |
[18:44] | Thanks for your help. | 多谢你的帮助 |
[18:52] | Yeah, just follow the road as it curves. | 是的 沿着路往前走 |
[18:54] | We’re the second house on the left. okay, bye. | 我们是左边的第二个房子 好的 再见 |
[18:57] | Oh, place looks great, babe. thanks for doing this. | 宝贝儿 布置的很漂亮 太谢谢你了 |
[18:59] | It’s all part of being the president’s wife. | 这是经理夫人应该做的 |
[19:02] | So tell me about your new hire. | 跟我说说你新雇的人吧 |
[19:04] | she’s gonna be you no.2. | 她会接你的班吗 |
[19:06] | Yeah, and i’m lucky to get her. | 对啊 很庆幸能雇到她 |
[19:08] | Smart as a whip, harvard m.b.a. | 相当聪明 哈佛大学的MBA |
[19:10] | I’ve probably mentioned her before. | 我可能提起过她 |
[19:12] | Lucy blackburn? | 露西・布莱克本 |
[19:13] | Maybe i’ll go put on some music. | 再来点音乐 |
[19:16] | Lucy blackburn? | 露西・布莱克本 |
[19:17] | Please tell me it’s a coincidence that | 告诉我这是个巧合 |
[19:19] | Your new v.p. has the same name as your ex-girlfriend. | 新副经理跟你的前女友名字一样 |
[19:22] | She wasn’t my girlfriend. | 她不是我女朋友 |
[19:23] | We were roommates. we shared an apartment. | 我们以前是室友 一起租的公寓 |
[19:25] | You told me you slept with her. | 你告诉过我 你跟她上过床 |
[19:27] | well, it was a small apart | 好吧 那公寓很小 |
[19:29] | Come on. it was a casual thing, | 别这样 那是个意外 |
[19:31] | and it was a million years ago. | 都过去那么长时间了 |
[19:32] | I don’t care! why couldn’t you have told me this | 我不管 她要来咱们家之前 |
[19:35] | Before she’s about to appear on my doorstep? | 你怎么没告诉我 |
[19:37] | I wanted to… but you were always next to something sharp. | 我打算说的 可是你身边总有利器 |
[19:41] | Gaby, i am in over my head with this new job, | 加布 这份新工作让我晕头转向 |
[19:43] | And i need lucy’s help. please don’t be jealous. | 我需要露西的帮助 别嫉妒好吗 |
[19:46] | I’m not jealous. it’s just… you can’t hire her. | 我不是嫉妒 就是有点 你不能雇她 |
[19:50] | I’m mrs. president, and i get a vote. | 我是总裁夫人 我有权投票 |
[19:54] | There she is. now please, i’m begging you… | 她来了 求你了 我求求你 |
[19:57] | Well, you can beg all you want. | 好吧 随你怎么求 |
[20:00] | I am not on board with this! | 我不会同意的 |
[20:02] | Hey, lucy! | 你好 露西 |
[20:04] | Hey! | 你好 |
[20:06] | Hi. i’m lucy. you must be gabrielle. | 我是露西 你一定是加布里尔 |
[20:09] | You can call me gaby. | 叫我加布好了 |
[20:11] | Come on in! | 快进来 |
[20:16] | I’m on board. | 我同意了 |
[20:22] | I got a bead on charlie fields for c.f.o. | 我盯上了查理的首席财务长官 |
[20:25] | Charlie fields? there’s no way you’re gonna get him. | 查理那边 他不可能同意的 |
[20:28] | He’s the number two guy at brewster & parent. | 他是布鲁斯特家族公司的二把手 |
[20:31] | Relax. it’ll take some maneuvering, | 别紧张 需要耍点手段 |
[20:32] | But i’ll make it happen. how? | -一定能成 -要怎么办 |
[20:33] | Carlos, you’re the president. | 卡洛斯 你是经理 |
[20:35] | It’s best you don’t know where the bodies are buried. | 这种细节你最好不要知道 |
[20:38] | Well, speak of the devil. | 说曹操曹操到 |
[20:41] | If you’ll excuse me, | 我去接个电话 |
[20:44] | I have some professional ethics that need compromising. | 我有点工作上的事要解决 |
[20:48] | Wow. now i know why you wanted to hire her. | 现在我知道你为什么要雇她了 |
[20:50] | She’s a force of nature. mm, | 她天生谈判好手啊 |
[20:52] | you should see her close of a deal. | 你该看看她和别人谈条件的 |
[20:53] | I’ll bet. ahh. so were you surprised when the door opened? | 肯定厉害 开门的时候你很惊讶吗 |
[20:58] | – What do you mean? – well, she’s | -什么意思 – 显然 |
[21:00] | obviously stopped counting calories. | 自从和你告别后 |
[21:02] | Since the last time you saw her. | 她就再没上过磅秤了吧 |
[21:04] | No, she looks about the same. | 没啊 她和以前一样 |
[21:06] | What? but… | 什么 但 |
[21:09] | You two used to have sex. | 你们上过床啊 |
[21:11] | Yeah. so? | 是啊 怎样 |
[21:13] | So don’t get me wrong– she’s attractive. | 没别的意思 她确实很迷人 |
[21:16] | It’s just… she’s not really your type. | 只是 不是你喜欢的那种 |
[21:18] | Your type is skinny model. | 你喜欢的是苗条模特 |
[21:19] | Okay, so you’re not gonna see her on the round way | 没错 你估计是看不到她走T台了 |
[21:21] | – Except maybe at an airport. – gaby! | – 在机场就不一定 -加布 |
[21:23] | You think i’m that shallow, that all i go by is looks? | 我有那么肤浅吗 只看外表吗 |
[21:27] | Yeah, i thought that was something we had in common. | 对啊 这不是我们的共同点吗 |
[21:30] | Look, lucy is brilliant and witty | 露西智慧过人 |
[21:33] | And has more confidence than anybody i’ve ever met. | 是我认识的人中最自信的 |
[21:37] | That type of personality can be very seductive. | 这种品质非常有魅力 |
[21:42] | – Someone light me a cigar. – you got him? | – 给我点烟庆功吧 – 你拿下他了 |
[21:44] | I find poaching is easier when you lead with, | 我发现当你说”工资翻倍”的时候 |
[21:47] | “we’ll double your salary.” | 挖人会更简单 |
[21:49] | Sizzle me. | 戳下我 |
[21:52] | Ah, there it is, | 就是这样 |
[21:54] | That thrill you get from taking something that’s not yours. | 这种把别人的东西据为己的快感 |
[22:02] | Hey, are you still looking for a marketing director? | 你还在招聘营销总监吗 |
[22:05] | I have a friend | 我有个朋友 |
[22:07] | That i would love to see working with you two. | 要能和你们一起工作就太好了 |
[22:19] | No problem, bree. | 没问题 布里 |
[22:21] | We buy aspirin by the pound in this house. | 我们家的阿司匹林用磅来算的 |
[22:23] | I’ll get you some. | 给你一些吧 |
[22:25] | Ah, you’re a lifesaver! | 你真是救世主啊 |
[22:33] | Yes, we have lots of screwdrivers. | 我家有好多螺丝刀 |
[22:35] | What kind do you need? phillips head? | 要哪种 梅花起子么 |
[22:37] | Yes, that would be lovely. | 对 太好了 |
[22:42] | I don’t have cumin, but i probably have cinnamon. | 没有小茴香子 但应该有肉桂 |
[22:45] | Oh. close enough. | 差不多啦 |
[22:51] | Yeah, no problem. two eggs coming right up. | 好的 两个鸡蛋嘛 |
[22:56] | Oh! wait. | 等等 |
[23:00] | I made omelets this morning, so i’m all out. | 早上我做了煎蛋卷 鸡蛋用完了 |
[23:03] | Oh, that’s all right. i’ll just go to the store. | 没事 我去商店好了 |
[23:07] | Where did that come from? | 那个是哪来的 |
[23:10] | Oh. i don’t know, but it’s awfully cute. | 我不知道 不过真可爱 |
[23:15] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[23:18] | Juanita, get your butt down here. | 胡安妮塔 给我滚下来 |
[23:21] | Why are you, uh, calling juanita? | 你叫胡安妮塔干吗 |
[23:23] | To find out what mccluskey’s sleeping mexican | 问她为什么麦克卢斯基的墨西哥睡娃 |
[23:25] | Is doing in my house. | 会在我家 |
[23:27] | – That’s not yours? – no. why would you think that? | – 那不是你的 – 不是啊 为什么 |
[23:30] | Oh! uh, i don’t know. but, you know, there it is. | 不知道 但它就在这啊 |
[23:34] | It’s been sitting on mccluskey’s porch for years. | 它在麦克卢斯基家走廊里很多年了 |
[23:36] | I keep telling her how racist it is. | 我一直跟她说这个有多种族歧视 |
[23:38] | First the candy bowl and now this? | 先是糖果碗 又是这个 |
[23:41] | How many times have i told you not | 我告诉你多少次 |
[23:43] | – to steal? – i didn’t take that, | – 不要偷东西 – 我没拿那个 |
[23:45] | Juanita, you play with it every | 胡安妮塔 我们每次到麦克卢斯基家 |
[23:46] | time we go by Ms. Mccluskey, | 你都要玩这个 |
[23:47] | Now either tell me the truth, | 要么说实话 |
[23:49] | Or i’m gonna cancel your birthday party. | 要么我就取消你的生日派对 |
[23:51] | – I am telling you the truth! – that’s it. party’s over! | – 我说的是实话啊 – 够了 别想要派对了 |
[23:55] | Gaby! aren’t you being a little harsh? | 加布 你是不是太严厉了 |
[23:58] | I mean, perhaps she didn’t take it. | 可能不是她拿的呢 |
[24:00] | Well, then how else did it get here? | 那它还能怎么来的 |
[24:03] | Maybe she did it. | 也许是她拿的 |
[24:07] | Juanita! | 胡安妮塔 |
[24:10] | Whenever my children stole, | 若是我的孩子偷东西 |
[24:12] | I sent them to bed without any supper. | 他们就得饿着肚子睡觉 |
[24:14] | Just a thought. | 随便说说 |
[24:23] | Orson? | 奥森 |
[24:25] | Orson! | 奥森 |
[24:28] | Orson! orson! | 奥森 奥森 |
[24:31] | Orson! | 奥森 |
[24:33] | No! | 别这样 |
[24:35] | – Hi, bree! – what were you doing at bob and lee’s? | – 布里 是你啊 – 你在鲍勃和李家干吗 |
[24:38] | Well, they invited me over for coffee. | 他们叫我喝咖啡啊 |
[24:40] | After I told you to stay out of the neighbors’ houses? | 我说过不准到邻居家去的吧 |
[24:44] | You stole again, didn’t you? | 你又偷东西了 对吧 |
[24:46] | No. no, i didn’t. | 没啊 我没偷 |
[24:48] | What are you hiding behind your back? | 你背后藏了什么 |
[24:51] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[24:53] | It’s mine. | 这是我的 |
[24:54] | You’re telling me | 你是说 |
[24:56] | You own a mug with a picture of | 你有个大杯子 上面画着 |
[24:58] | bernadette peteman in Gypsies | 吉普赛窃贼吗 |
[25:04] | This is quite a resume you got here. | 你的条件看起来不错啊 |
[25:07] | Northwestern, huh? | 西北大学 |
[25:09] | Yep. thank you. | 对 谢谢 |
[25:10] | So, lynette | 那么 勒奈特 |
[25:12] | How old are you? | 你多少岁 |
[25:16] | Mr. vivinetto, | 威纳特先生 |
[25:17] | – I’m not obligated to answer. it’s the law. – right, right. | – 我可以不回答 法律没这规定 – 对 对 |
[25:21] | I was only asking ’cause i-i also went to northwestern, | 只是问问 我也是西北大学的 |
[25:23] | And i thought maybe we crossed paths there. oh. | 也许在哪见过呢 |
[25:26] | What–what year did you graduate? | 你哪年毕业的 |
[25:28] | Well, if i was dumb enough to answer that, | 要是我真傻到会回答你 |
[25:31] | I never would’ve gotten into northwestern. | 就进不了西北大学了 |
[25:33] | I-i understand, but, uh, i’m gonna be honest here. | 这我理解 老实说 |
[25:36] | We have certain accounts that | 我们公司对职员 |
[25:37] | cater to a speci with the– i’m | 有某些硬性规定 |
[25:38] | Okay, i’m gonna stop you. what is this obsession with age? | 到此打住吧 为什么执着于年龄呢 |
[25:42] | I am a vital woman with passion | 我是一个活力十足的女人 |
[25:44] | And a library of knowledge when it comes to this industry. | 在广告业算是学富五车 |
[25:47] | Why doesn’t that count for something? what i’m saying is, | -这些能力都比不上年龄吗 -我是想说 |
[25:50] | We just landed the cosgrove’s revitalizing serum account. | 我们刚研发了斯格罗夫活肤滋润霜 |
[25:53] | It’s an antiwrinkle cream, and i need someone more mature | 有抗皱功能 我需要一名成熟女性 |
[25:57] | Who can identify with the– i’m 54. | -她的年龄应该达到 -我54岁了 |
[26:06] | He didn’t even flinch. | 他眉头不皱一下 |
[26:08] | I said i was 54, and he bought it. | 我说我54岁 他居然信了 |
[26:10] | There was not a “wow, you look great for your age!” | 居然没有夸奖我保养得当 |
[26:13] | Not even a courtesy gasp. | 起码假装惊讶一下嘛 |
[26:15] | Look, you got the job. you’re making $80,000 a year. | 管他呢 你得到工作了 年薪8万呢 |
[26:19] | What–what does it matter? | 这种小事算什么 |
[26:22] | It matters because i’m only 43, and i look like i’m 39. | 有关系 因为我只有43岁 看起来应该像39岁 |
[26:25] | You’re 43? but i’m– i’m 2 years younger than you, | 你43岁吗 我比你小两岁 |
[26:29] | And i– nobody cares how old you are, tom. | -我已经 -谁管你多少岁了 汤姆 |
[26:34] | -Great news! you got the job! -how’d you hear about it? | -好消息 你应聘上了 -从哪里听说的 |
[26:38] | Hear about it? honey, i did it. | 听说 宝贝 是我促成了 |
[26:40] | i talked to carnow what to say | 我和卡洛斯谈过了 他答应了 |
[26:42] | That job. | 那个工作啊 |
[26:44] | Um… i don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么好 |
[26:46] | Say, “how do i thank you, greatest friend in the world? | 说 该如何感谢你 你真是世界上最伟大的朋友 |
[26:48] | What’s your birthstone?” well, thank you, greatest friend, | -你的诞生石是什么 -谢谢 伟大的朋友 但 |
[26:51] | But i just accepted another job. | 我刚接受了另一份工作 |
[26:54] | Well, un-accept it. you have to take this job. | 那再拒绝它 你必须接受我的提供 |
[26:56] | It’s essential that you be there. why? | -你的作用至关重要 -为什么 |
[27:00] | Because it’s a great opportunity. | 因为这是千载难逢的良机 |
[27:02] | I’m confused. before, you didn’t even want to talk to him. | 我迷惑了 刚开始你还不愿意和他谈 |
[27:06] | You weren’t even sure i was good. | 还质疑我的能力 |
[27:07] | Yeah. yes, and then i went home and thought, | 对 对 后来我回到家仔细想 |
[27:10] | What a horrible thing to say to such a dear, dear friend | 对那么亲密的朋友说这话 多伤人啊 |
[27:14] | Who’s probably really, really good at her job. | 这个朋友也许还特别有能力 |
[27:16] | So… | 所以 |
[27:18] | I said, “carlos, you have to hire lynette.” | 我就说 卡洛斯 你必须雇佣勒奈特 |
[27:21] | I… don’t know. | 我 不确定 |
[27:27] | Well, he’d have to match my current offer. | 薪水必须和我现在的一样 |
[27:30] | Yeah, okay. what are they paying? | 好 现在的年薪多少 |
[27:32] | $100,000 a year. | 年薪10万元 |
[27:34] | I don’t think that’ll be a problem. | 这不成问题 |
[27:39] | By the way, you’re gonna be reporting to this woman lucy. | 顺便提提 你要向这个叫露西的女人报到 |
[27:42] | She’s a real star, | 她能力超强 |
[27:44] | So you’re gonna wanna keep an eye on her. | 你得好好盯着她 |
[27:49] | Decaf soy latte– your favorite. | 低咖啡因大豆拿铁咖啡 你的最爱 |
[27:52] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[27:54] | I was thinking about the other night… mm, me, too. | -我正在想那天晚上 -我也是 |
[27:57] | Maybe friday you could come over to my place, | 也许星期五 你应该到我家来 |
[28:00] | And we could hang out or… | 我们可以一起放松放松 |
[28:02] | You know, i-i think you may have | 我觉得 也许你 |
[28:05] | gotten the wrong impressiong | 对我有点误解 |
[28:09] | I’m not… | 我并不 |
[28:12] | Into women. | 喜欢女人 |
[28:17] | Nice boots. | 靴子不错啊 |
[28:22] | I thought it was gonna rain. | 我以为会下雨呢 |
[28:26] | I’m not gay. | 我不是同性恋 |
[28:29] | Mm-hmm, then what was all that stuff about the other night? | 那那天晚上算怎么回事 |
[28:32] | The–the touching my knee? the “oh, you look so sexy”? | 抚摸我的膝盖 夸赞我性感 |
[28:35] | The good night kiss? | 还有晚安吻 |
[28:37] | Oh, well, that kiss was all you. | 那都是你主动的 |
[28:39] | Oh, it was? | 是吗 |
[28:41] | I seem to remember you being there and not pulling away. | 我似乎记得你站着 没推开我 |
[28:43] | Well, that’s because– | 那是因为 |
[28:44] | Why didn’t you say something then? because i– | -当时怎么不说呢 -因为我 |
[28:47] | Because you’re tired of living a lie. what? | -因为你厌恶谎言了 -什么 |
[28:49] | I was you 20 years ago, susan. | 苏珊 你就像20年前的我 |
[28:52] | You’re obviously worried | 你明显在担忧 |
[28:54] | There’s a lesbian inside of you trying to get out. | 体内的同性恋因子会爆发 |
[28:57] | Actually, i’m more worried about the lesbian | 其实 我更担心的是外面的同性恋因子 |
[28:59] | That’s outside of me trying to get in. | 想进入我的身体 |
[29:02] | Um, can we just teach the class and talk about this later? | 我们先上课 稍后再谈行吗 |
[29:07] | Fine. | 行 |
[29:12] | Shouldn’t you be doing your taxes? | 你不是应该去交税吗 |
[29:15] | Oh! god, dave! you scared me. | 大卫 你吓到我了 |
[29:17] | Oh, sorry about that. oh. | 我表示歉意 |
[29:19] | What’s this i hear about you not going camping? | 怎么我听说 你不想去露营了 |
[29:21] | Oh, well, it is that time of year, | 每年的这个时候 |
[29:23] | And i got all these receipts to go through. | 我总是有很多菜谱要看 |
[29:26] | I gotta say, i’m mighty disappointed. | 我必须说 我非常失望 |
[29:29] | Please. i’m sure you’re relieved | 拜托 应该是松一口气吧 |
[29:31] | There won’t be a girl tagging along | 不会有女孩子拖后腿 |
[29:33] | To spoil all your macho fun. | 毁掉你们的男人之夜 |
[29:35] | Well, see, now that’s where you’re wrong. | 你这么想就错了 |
[29:37] | I mostly saw this trip | 我把这次露营 |
[29:39] | As a chance to get to know you better. me? why? | -当成是了解你的机会 -为什么 |
[29:42] | Katherine, the truth is, i don’t have a lot of friends. | 凯瑟琳 事实上我朋友不多 |
[29:44] | Maybe that’s why mike’s become so important to me. | 所以麦克对我来说很重要 |
[29:47] | And ever since you came into his life, | 自从你走进他的生活 |
[29:49] | Well, i can see the change. | 我看到了他的变化 |
[29:51] | He’s so much happier, so much more relaxed. | 他更加的开心 更加的放松 |
[29:53] | You’ve given him this sort of inner peace. | 你给了他内心的平静 |
[29:58] | I just thought it would be cool | 我觉着这样不错 |
[29:59] | To become buddies with the woman who did that for my friend. | 和好友的挚爱成为朋友 |
[30:04] | Well, when you put it that way… | 既然你都这么说了 |
[30:06] | So you’ll go camping with us? | 你会一起来露营吗 |
[30:11] | I’ll go start packing my fleece. | 我现在就开始收拾 |
[30:13] | Fantastic. | 棒极了 |
[30:16] | Dave? | 大卫 |
[30:21] | Do you really think | 你真的觉得 |
[30:22] | I’ve made that much of a difference in mike’s life? | 我对麦克有那么重要吗 |
[30:25] | Oh, absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[30:26] | If he ever lost you… | 如果他失去你 |
[30:28] | It would destroy him. | 生活就算毁了 |
[30:33] | Okay, class, let’s see how | 同学们 我们来看看 |
[30:35] | Our animals of africa drawings are going. | 非洲之旅的动物素描画的如何 |
[30:37] | Oh, emma, this is beautiful. | 艾玛 画非常的美 |
[30:40] | Emma drew a gazelle. isn’t she pretty? | 艾玛画了一个瞪羚羊 是不是很漂亮呢 |
[30:42] | Zachary, is that a rhinoceros? | 扎克里 你画的是犀牛吗 |
[30:46] | Wow! he looks so big and strong. | 它又大又壮 |
[30:50] | I love rhinos. | 我喜欢犀牛 |
[30:52] | Do you, susan? do you really? | 你确定吗 苏珊 真的喜欢吗 |
[30:55] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[30:56] | I’m just saying, if you were on safari | 我是说 当你狩猎远行时 |
[30:59] | And you saw a sleek gazelle | 看到一头可爱的瞪羚羊 |
[31:02] | Next to a grunting, sweaty rhino… | 边上站着一头臭汗一身的犀牛 |
[31:08] | Your eye wouldn’t go straight to the gazelle? | 难道你不会直奔羚羊吗 |
[31:16] | Though i would definitely appreciate the… | 尽管我欣赏 |
[31:21] | Beauty of the gazelle, | 瞪羚羊的小巧美 |
[31:23] | Uh, if i was going to take a trip to africa… | 但倘若我去非洲远足 |
[31:28] | I would be more excited to see the rhinos. | 看到犀牛我会更加激动些 |
[31:32] | I like rhinos, too. | 我也喜欢犀牛 |
[31:33] | Yes, we know, jeffrey. | 是的 我们知道了 杰夫瑞 |
[31:35] | We’ve all seen you playing hopscotch at recess. | 我们都见着你躲在角落玩”跳房子” (暗指女孩子气) |
[31:37] | Are you gonna tell me | 别告诉我 |
[31:40] | That you’ve never had any experience with gazelles? | 你从没有和瞪羚羊相处的经历吗 |
[31:42] | Not even in college? | 在大学里也没有吗 |
[31:44] | No. | 没有 |
[31:45] | And… i was on the softball team. | 此外 当时我是垒球队的 |
[31:50] | Look, susan, why don’t you just say it? | 苏珊 为何不直话直说 |
[31:53] | This particular gazelle | 这一只瞪羚羊 |
[31:56] | Isn’t young enough for you, | 太老了配不上你 |
[31:58] | And you don’t want to hurt my feelings. | 你不明说 只是不想伤我的心 |
[32:01] | That is not true, and i think we are dangerously close | 事实并非如此 我觉得我们的暗喻 |
[32:05] | To no longer speaking in metaphor. | 接近说破的边缘了 |
[32:07] | Well, then why were you so interested in me | 那一开始 你为什么对我 |
[32:09] | In the first place? | 这么感兴趣 |
[32:11] | Why did you ask me to your house? | 干嘛要邀请我去你家 |
[32:13] | Because i wanted you to give me a good evaluation. | 因为我希望你能给我一个好的评价 |
[32:19] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[32:27] | It was nice knowing you, miss susan. | 认识你很高兴 苏珊老师 |
[32:34] | The problem–how to attract high net worth clients | 问题来了 如何在经济萧条时期 |
[32:37] | In a down economy. | 来吸引高端客户 |
[32:38] | The solution? be creative. | 解决方案必须带有创意 |
[32:40] | Christie’s is hosting its first ever “sea auction” | 克里斯蒂拍卖行正准备在圣巴斯的游艇上 |
[32:42] | On a yacht in st. barths. | 举办第一个航海拍卖会 |
[32:44] | I see a boat full of millionaires | 想象一艘游艇上满载着 |
[32:48] | Waiting to be wooed. | 等待追崇者的富翁 |
[32:51] | This is not a bad idea. | 这个主意不错 |
[32:53] | Besides, i haven’t been to st. barths | 而且 自从你为我的第一次升职 |
[32:55] | Since you took me there to celebrate my first promotion. | 在那儿举办庆功会至今 我还没去过圣巴斯 |
[32:58] | That was a fun weekend. | 那个周末真有意思 |
[33:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:01] | -Let’s do it. -yep. | -那就这么办吧 -好的 |
[33:03] | -I gotta take this. i’ll be right back. -okay. | -我接个电话 马上回来 -好的 |
[33:07] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[33:13] | Not to pry, but when you said | 不是我八卦 但当你提到 |
[33:14] | carlos took you to st.barth | 卡洛斯带你去圣巴斯 |
[33:16] | Oh, yeah, we lived together for a while back in the day. | 正是 以前我们同居过一段时间 |
[33:20] | Oh! gaby didn’t mention that. | 加布没提过这事 |
[33:23] | See, that is what i love about her. | 所以我才挺喜欢她的 |
[33:25] | Most women would freak out | 大多数女人看到老公 |
[33:27] | If their husband hired an ex-girlfriend | 雇佣前女友 都会抓狂 |
[33:29] | And they were working together unchaperoned. | 况且他们还在时常单独处事 |
[33:32] | But she’s got the confidence to just be cool with it. | 她对我们相当有信心 态度很冷静 |
[33:35] | Yeah. yeah, that gaby’s a real class act. | 是啊 正是 的确是最典型的加布 |
[33:53] | Jessie, i-i am so sorry. | 杰西 我真的很抱歉 |
[33:55] | Why? you were just being honest. | 为什么 你实话实说而已 |
[33:58] | Still, uh… | 还是那句话 |
[34:01] | I never meant to lead you on. | 我不是有意要误导你 |
[34:03] | Uh-huh. well, i was planning on giving you | 不管怎样 我本来就打算 |
[34:07] | A good evaluation anyway, | 给你一个好评 |
[34:08] | So… everything’s fine. | 万事大吉 |
[34:12] | Look, i need this job. | 我很想要这份工作 |
[34:14] | But even if i didn’t, | 但要是未能如愿 |
[34:16] | I would still like you as a person. | 我还是像正常人一样看待你 |
[34:18] | Please, stop. i don’t need your pity. | 别来这套了 我不需要你同情 |
[34:21] | You know, i don’t get why people say that. | 我搞不懂怎么大家都爱这么说 |
[34:24] | I-i love pity. | 我就喜欢同情 |
[34:26] | Pity means someone is trying to understand | 同情 意味着有人正试图理解 |
[34:30] | What you’re going through, | 你究竟经历了什么 |
[34:31] | That they sympathize, and i do. | 并产生怜悯之心 我就是这样的人 |
[34:35] | Susan… | 苏珊 |
[34:37] | I’m someone who never went out and looked for love. | 我从不主动寻找真爱 |
[34:41] | I assumed it would find me. but it didn’t. | 我以为真爱会找到我 但没有 |
[34:45] | And now i’m making a fool of myself… | 现在我却愚蠢地在一个 |
[34:48] | Throwing myself at straight women, | 对一个异性恋女性投怀送抱 |
[34:51] | Because i’m so afraid of being alone. | 是因为我害怕孤独 |
[34:54] | Now how can you possibly understand that? | 你如何来理解这些 |
[34:57] | Well, here’s how. um, i… | 我是这么理解的 |
[35:00] | I’ve spent my whole life putting myself out there, | 我的一生都在主动出击 寻找真爱 |
[35:02] | And, um, i’m still… | 而我现在 |
[35:05] | Today, alone. | 依然孤独一人 |
[35:07] | Just like you. | 像你一样 |
[35:11] | It’s not the same. | 情况不一样 |
[35:13] | Well, okay, it’s not, | 好吧 是不一样 |
[35:15] | Because i’m alone but i’m not lonely ’cause i have friends. | 我虽然独身但并不孤独 因为我有朋友 |
[35:19] | Love doesn’t happen for everyone. | 爱神不会眷顾每个人 |
[35:26] | I don’t even know if it’s gonna happen for me anymore. | 我甚至不知道我还会否得到爱 |
[35:29] | But my friends are there for me no matter what, | 但无论如何 我有很多朋友 |
[35:33] | And that helps. | 她们支持我 |
[35:35] | So at the very least, | 至少 |
[35:37] | You know, let me be there for you… | 让我成为你的后盾 |
[35:41] | As a friend. | 作为挚友 |
[35:43] | That’d be nice. | 这样感觉不错 |
[35:47] | Do your friends hug? | 你的朋友们会拥抱吗 |
[35:55] | What’s that in the garbage can? | 垃圾筒里是什么 |
[35:57] | My boots. | 我的靴子 |
[36:04] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干嘛 |
[36:06] | I just wanted to see how your first day went. | 我正准备听你说说 你伟大的首日 |
[36:09] | Sit. take a load off. spill it. | 放下工作 好好倾诉一番 |
[36:12] | Oh, that is so thoughtful of you. | 你真是太贴心了 |
[36:14] | -You’re such a good friend. -oh, well, you know me. | -真是个好朋友 -你了解我的 |
[36:17] | Yeah, i do. | 我当然 |
[36:18] | So did you get a good office? were the people nice? | 办公室如何 同事还好吗 |
[36:21] | Oh, what about lucy? do you like her? | 露西怎样 你喜欢她吗 |
[36:24] | Actually… i am kinda tired. | 其实 我今天挺累了 |
[36:27] | I think i’m going to head inside. | 我还是先回去了 |
[36:31] | Ooh! what’s going on? | 怎么了啊 |
[36:32] | I mentioned lucy, and you get all weird. | 我提到了露西 你突然怪怪的 |
[36:34] | Is something going on with her… and carlos? | 是不是有事发生啊 她和卡洛斯 |
[36:37] | What? no. | 什么 没有 |
[36:39] | I’m sure she’s just affectionate. | 我只肯定 她很可爱的 |
[36:41] | whoa. what do you mean by affectionate? | 什么 什么叫很可爱 |
[36:45] | Well, it’s probably nothing. | 其实也没什么 |
[36:46] | But when carlos works on his computer at home, | 但是 当卡洛斯在家用电脑时 |
[36:49] | Does he take his shirt off there, too? | 会把衣服脱下来吗 |
[36:51] | That son of a– i’m gonna kill him! | 这狗娘… 我要杀了他 |
[36:55] | No, you won’t get the chance | 不 你想也别想 |
[36:56] | ’cause i’m gonnai’m gonna kill h | 我先杀了你 |
[37:00] | The houselights are up, gaby. you can drop the act. | 华灯初放 加布 你不用再掩饰了 |
[37:03] | You only helped me get this job because you needed a spy. | 你帮我得到那份工作 只是要我做特工而已 |
[37:06] | How dare you! | 你竟敢这么说 |
[37:08] | And, yes, i did! | 是的 就是这么回事 |
[37:10] | Gaby! | 加布 |
[37:11] | You needed a job. i did you a favor. | 你在找工作 我帮个小忙 |
[37:14] | And then i brought you hot cocoa. | 然后我给你买了杯热可可 |
[37:15] | -Why don’t you ever thank me? -because you used me! | -你总得谢谢我吧 -因为你利用了我 |
[37:17] | At least when i asked you for a favor, i was up front | 至少我请你帮忙时 我是直截了当 |
[37:20] | were you miss “they offered me $100,000 a year”? | 你怎么不想想”他们给我年薪10万” |
[37:24] | Oh, you found out about that? | 你发现了 |
[37:26] | Honey, i’ve played poker with you for the past nine years. | 亲爱的 过去的9年里我一直和你玩扑克 |
[37:29] | I think i can tell when you’re bluffing. | 你要是撒谎 我一看就看出来了 |
[37:31] | Okay, it’s true. i used you to get more money, | 那好 事实如此 我为了提高薪水利用了你 |
[37:34] | -But you used me first. -fine. we’re a couple of users. | -但你先利用了我 -那好 我们是一对奸人 |
[37:42] | The big question is, are we still friends? | 大前提是 我们还是朋友吗 |
[37:48] | Do i still get my salary? | 薪水还是那么多吗 |
[37:50] | Will you still be my spy? | 你肯继续当特工吗 |
[38:02] | Dave, i’m curious about something. | 大卫 有些事我很好奇 |
[38:05] | What about? | 什么事 |
[38:07] | Well, how do you feel about kids? | 对于孩子 你感觉如何 |
[38:11] | Kids? | 小孩 |
[38:13] | Yeah. haven’t you ever wanted one? | 有没有过小孩 |
[38:15] | Is this your coy way of telling me you want a child? | 你是用含蓄地方式表达 你想要个孩子吗 |
[38:20] | Maybe. i hardly get to see travers anymore | 我好久没有见查维斯了 |
[38:22] | Now that he’s off at prep school. | 他现在已从预科学校毕业了 |
[38:26] | And i always wanted a girl. | 我一直想要个女儿 |
[38:28] | Doesn’t that sound like heaven? | 要是一个有着金色卷发的女孩 |
[38:30] | A beautiful little girl | 降临到世上 |
[38:32] | With blonde curls. | 是否是天堂的恩赐 |
[38:41] | I had this… friend | 我有个朋友 |
[38:46] | Who had a little girl. | 有个女儿 |
[38:50] | From the moment she was born, | 从她出生那一刻起 |
[38:53] | She was his whole life. | 她成了他生命的全部 |
[38:58] | Unfortunately, she was in an accident.. | 不幸的是 她在一次意外中 |
[39:02] | And died. | 死亡了 |
[39:05] | He told me that when that happened, | 他告诉我那一刻 |
[39:08] | A part of him died, too. | 他生命的一部分也逝去了 |
[39:10] | He spent the rest of his life | 他的余生 |
[39:12] | In a kind of… daze, | 一直在茫然中度过 |
[39:15] | he’s always… | 他一直在想 |
[39:16] | Wondering exactly how old she would’ve been, | 此时的女儿 应该多大了 |
[39:21] | What she would’ve looked like. | 长得还漂亮吗 |
[39:27] | No. | 不 |
[39:29] | I don’t think i’d want a child. | 我不要孩子 |
[39:33] | It’s just not worth it. | 这不值 |
[39:41] | You okay, babe? | 宝贝 你还好吗 |
[39:46] | I’m just sad for your friend. | 只是为你的朋友伤心 |
[39:53] | I had hoped that this compulsion to steal | 我一度希望关于偷窃强迫症的问题 |
[39:55] | Was something we could solve privately, | 能够私底下解决掉 |
[39:58] | But orson seems unable– | 但奥森看起来不愿意 |
[40:00] | Or unwilling– | 没这个能力 |
[40:03] | To control himself. | 来控制好自己 |
[40:05] | Is that true, orson? are you unable to control yourself? | 是真的吗 奥森 你是否无法控制住自己 |
[40:07] | You’ll see when he leaves, and your lamp is missing. | 等他走的时候 你一定会发现你台灯不见了 |
[40:12] | So… how do you want to proceed? | 那么 你准备如何进行治疗 |
[40:15] | Would you like to begin with some couples counseling? | 需要从心理咨询开始吗 |
[40:19] | This isn’t my problem, dr. bernstein. | 这不是我的问题 伯恩斯坦医生 |
[40:21] | He’s the sick one. | 有病的是他 |
[40:25] | Fix him. | 把他治好 |
[40:33] | You know why she’s so angry? | 你知道她为什么这么生气 |
[40:38] | Because this is something she can’tcontrol, | 因为这件事她无法控制 |
[40:44] | And i love it. | 而我就爱顶着干 |
[40:49] | Now there’s no phone in the cabin, | 野外木屋里没有装电话 |
[40:52] | But if it’s an emergency, you can reach me on my cell. | 但如果有要紧事 打我手机就行了 |
[40:55] | You just be careful out there. | 出门在外 小心为好 |
[40:59] | I don’t know what i’d do without you. | 没有你 我都不知如何是好 |
[41:05] | Bye. | 再见 |
[41:12] | Here’s the article that lady was looking for. | 那位女士在寻找的文章在这儿 |
[41:15] | You want me to fax it? | 要我传真过去吗 |
[41:17] | Ah, take your time. she’s a pain in the ass. | 这不急 她不好惹 |
[41:20] | She’s pretty hot, though. | 但她很性感 |
[41:22] | How does that help me? | 对我有什么用 |
[41:24] | She can wait until tomorrow. | 她能等到明天 |
[41:33] | You can find them almost anywhere– | 这事处处可见 |
[41:36] | Friendly people with hidden agendas– | 朋友之间 暗藏着协议 |
[41:39] | The woman who uses her neighbor | 一个女人 利用她的邻居 |
[41:42] | To get herself a job… | 为自己重入职场 |
[41:46] | The wife who uses her influence | 太太使用她的影响力 |
[41:49] | To hire a friendly spy… | 雇佣了一名贴心的特工 |
[41:54] | The husband who uses his charm | 丈夫利用自己的魅力 |
[41:57] | To steal from his friends… | 从朋友那里行窃 |
[42:00] | And you can be sure the friendliest people of all | 可以肯定的是 表面风平浪静的好友 |
[42:05] | Have agendas that won’t ever be discovered… | 其实暗藏着波涛汹涌 |
[42:10] | Not until… | 到发现时 |
[42:12] | It’s too late. | 为时已晚 |