时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Hey, Stan. I’m home from school. | 嘿 斯坦 我放学了 |
[00:08] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎么样 |
[00:09] | Amazing. | 棒极了 |
[00:10] | Your mom walked through a huge spider web with her mouth open in the yard. | 你妈妈今天在院子里张着嘴穿过一篇巨大的蜘蛛网 |
[00:13] | She totally freaked. | 她吓坏了 |
[00:16] | “Spider in my mouth! Spider in my mouth!” | “蜘蛛进我嘴里了 蜘蛛进我嘴里了” |
[00:19] | It wasn’t in her mouth. | 蜘蛛才不在她嘴里 |
[00:21] | It was in her hair. | 在她头发里 |
[00:23] | Ah! Ah! Spider in my hair! | 啊啊 蜘蛛在我头发里 |
[00:25] | Spider in my hair! | 蜘蛛进我头发里了 |
[00:27] | Oh, she found it. | 她终于发现了 |
[00:29] | And how was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样 |
[00:30] | Fantastic! | 太赞了 |
[00:32] | Today in bio, we learned about photosynthesis. | 今天的生物课上 我们学习了光合作用 |
[00:35] | It’s how plants make their own food in their bodies. | 植物就是通过这种方式在自己体内生产所需的食物的 |
[00:39] | Whoa! Do they make bacon in their bodies? | 那它们自己能产出培根吗 |
[00:42] | You’re thinking of a pig. | 你想到的是猪嘛 |
[00:43] | I certainly am. | 当然是啦 |
[00:45] | Just every day I learn something new. | 每天我都能学到新知识 |
[00:49] | And sure, I could just read or look things up online. | 当然啦 这些知识我也可以从书本上或网上查到 |
[00:52] | But being there just makes it come alive. | 但是在课堂上 这些知识变得更加形象生动 |
[00:55] | So it’s like the difference | 这种区别就像是 |
[00:56] | between reading a play and going to the theater. | 自己读剧本和去剧院看演出 |
[00:58] | Yes, Stan. Exactly. | 对 斯坦 就是这样 |
[00:59] | Well, what’s that like? | 那到底是什么区别呢 |
[01:01] | ‘Cause I’ve never done either of those. | 因为我既没读过剧本也没去过剧院 |
[01:02] | It’s like school. | 就和学校一样 |
[01:08] | Avery makes school sound so exciting. | 艾芙莉这么一说 学校真是棒极了 |
[01:10] | Too bad the rules say dogs can’t go. | 可惜的是学校不让狗去 |
[01:12] | Good thing the rules don’t apply to a dog | 不过这些规定 |
[01:15] | with a back-to-school outfit. | 对一只有返校装备的狗可不适用 |
[01:20] | Just your typical middle school student, | 就是个典型的中学生嘛 |
[01:22] | cruising in a little late ’cause he chased the wrong bus. | 来的有点迟 因为他赶错车了 |
[01:27] | Who can give an example of symbolism in the novel? | 谁可以就小说中的象征主义举个例子 |
[01:31] | Anyone who hasn’t answered the last ten questions? | 有没有没回答过刚才那十道题的人来试一试 |
[01:36] | Come on, anyone? | 拜托 有人知道吗 |
[01:37] | Cassidy, Cole, | 凯斯蒂 科尔 |
[01:40] | Dan, Lindsay, Max | 丹 琳赛 麦克斯 |
[01:43] | Jack, Ben, dog, | 杰克 本 狗 |
[01:47] | Leslie, Sarah? | 莱斯利 萨拉 |
[01:50] | Anyone know the answer? | 有人知道答案吗 |
[01:52] | And anyone know why there’s a dog in my class? | 有人能解释一下为什么我的课堂上会有只狗吗 |
[01:56] | Oh, I know the answer to that. | 这个我知道 |
[02:00] | I am so sorry, Mr. Starr. | 抱歉 斯塔尔先生 |
[02:02] | This is my dog. | 这是我的狗 |
[02:04] | And I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[02:05] | Of course, it’s Avery’s dog. | 这当然是艾芙莉的狗 |
[02:08] | He was raising his paw. | 他刚才举了爪 |
[02:11] | Sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[02:13] | Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. | 模仿是最真挚的奉承 |
[02:15] | Who were you imitating? | 你在模仿谁 |
[02:18] | No one. I’ll get him out of here. | 没模仿谁 我这就带它离开这儿 |
[02:22] | Too bad it’s just Avery’s dog in street clothes. | 真可惜 只是艾芙莉的狗穿着休闲服而已 |
[02:25] | I was hoping the school finally had a teen wolf. | 我还以为学校终于有了一只少狼呢 |
[02:27] | Another disappointment. | 又失望了 |
[02:30] | Without a teen wolf, our basketball team will never win the playoffs. | 说起失望 如果没有少狼的话 |
[02:33] | Talk about disappointment. | 我们篮球队永远也赢不了季后赛 |
[02:54] | Hey, sweetie. Do you want a snack? | 亲爱的 想来点点心吗 |
[02:56] | I want a boyfriend. | 我想要个男朋友 |
[02:57] | How about a fruit leather? | 水果干怎么样 |
[03:00] | Tyler has a girlfriend, Avery had a boyfriend, now I want one. | 泰勒有女朋友 艾芙莉有男朋友 我也想要 |
[03:03] | Sweetheart, I think you’re a little young for a boyfriend. | 宝贝儿 我觉得你现在交男朋友还早了点 |
[03:06] | Besides, when I was a girl and decided I wanted a boyfriend, | 另外 我小时候决定交男朋友的时候 |
[03:09] | it took me 2 years to finally get one. | 花了两年时间才找到 |
[03:11] | You can’t just say you want a boyfriend and go out | 你不能想着要交男朋友 |
[03:13] | and get a boyfriend just like that. | 然后一出去就能找到了 |
[03:15] | How’d you get a boyfriend just like that? | 你是怎么找到男朋友的 |
[03:18] | Well, nice to meet you, young man. | 小伙子 很高兴见到你 |
[03:20] | So, boyfriend, huh? | 你是她男朋友是吧 |
[03:22] | It was a little weird the first time I heard it, too, | 第一次听人这么说我也觉得怪怪的 |
[03:25] | but you get used to it. | 但你总得去习惯 |
[03:27] | But just like that, Chloe? | 但就这么简单吗 克洛伊 |
[03:28] | Walk me through it. | 你给我详细解释一下 |
[03:30] | You just asked him and he said yes? | 你就这么问他 然后他就同意了吗 |
[03:31] | I didn’t ask him, I told him. | 我没问 我直接告诉他的 |
[03:33] | “Mason, you’re my boyfriend.” | “梅森 你是我男朋友了” |
[03:34] | And then I gave him one of these. | 然后我就给他使了这个 |
[03:38] | I should have tried that. | 我当初也该这么试下 |
[03:41] | Plus, she gave me cutsies in the lunch line, so I kind of owed her. | 另外 她午餐的时候给我插队了 所以我们就在一起了 |
[03:44] | Front cutsies. | 插队到前面哦 |
[03:45] | These are all really good pointers. | 这些都是好点子啊 |
[03:48] | Ellen, you do realize you are never going to be dating again? | 艾伦 你意识到你已经没法再去约会了吧 |
[03:51] | Particularly as a second grader? | 尤其是以一个二年级学生的身份 |
[03:53] | I know, I know. | 我知道的 |
[03:54] | It’s just fun to think about | 就是觉得这样 |
[03:55] | in an aching, unresolved past issues kind of way. | 去回忆当年心痛的无法解决的问题挺好玩的 |
[04:00] | Let me fix you kids a snack. | 我给你们拿点心 |
[04:01] | Ehh, you sit down and relax. | 你坐下来放松一下 |
[04:03] | I’ll do it. | 我来拿 |
[04:04] | Thank you. That’s so gallant. | 多谢 这样可真殷勤 |
[04:06] | I’m gonna go put my backpack away. | 我要去把我的书包放下 |
[04:08] | You sit down and relax. | 你坐下来休息 |
[04:09] | I’ll do it. | 我来吧 |
[04:10] | Thank you. That’s so gallant. | 多谢 你可真殷勤 |
[04:12] | What’s “gallant”? | “殷勤”是什么意思 |
[04:14] | It’s considerate and respectful. | 是体贴有礼貌的意思 |
[04:16] | Oh, he’s supes gallant. | 他真是太殷勤了 |
[04:20] | Hey, how’d I end up back in here? | 诶 我怎么又回来了 |
[04:24] | Come on, let’s go play. | 走吧 我们去玩吧 |
[04:27] | He’s so cute. | 他真是太可爱了 |
[04:29] | Do you think he’s the one? | 你觉得他是那个对的人吗 |
[04:31] | Honey, they’re just modeling our behavior. | 亲爱的 他们只是在模仿我们的行为 |
[04:34] | It’s perfectly normal childhood role-playing. | 只是再正常不过的小孩子过家家 |
[04:35] | It doesn’t mean anything. | 代表不了什么的 |
[04:37] | So did you have a girlfriend in second grade? | 那你二年级的时候有女朋友吗 |
[04:39] | Oh, yeah. | 当然啦 |
[04:40] | In fact, she gave me front cutsies in the lunch line. | 当时 她也在午餐时给我插队了 |
[04:42] | How does everyone know about this but me? | 怎么除了我每个人都知道这一招 |
[04:49] | Avery, I’m sorry about sneaking into your class. | 艾芙莉 我对今天溜进你们班感到抱歉 |
[04:51] | But I learned so much. | 但我真的学到了很多 |
[04:53] | Mostly by sniffing all of the students. | 主要是通过嗅遍所有学生 |
[04:55] | Did you know a lot of the kids in your class are night bathers? | 你知道你们班大部分人都是晚上洗澡吗 |
[05:00] | I’m sorry you can’t go to school, Stan. | 斯坦 真抱歉你没法去学校 |
[05:02] | I know how I’d feel if I couldn’t go to school. | 我知道没法去上学会是什么感受 |
[05:05] | Although there’s no way they could keep me out. | 尽管没有什么可以阻止我去上学 |
[05:08] | I’d tunnel, I’d skydive, | 我会挖隧道 跳伞 |
[05:10] | I’d learn French foot fighting and kick my way in. | 去学法国踢腿术 怎样都要去学校 |
[05:14] | That’s weird. | 好奇怪 |
[05:15] | I spend a lot of my time figuring out | 我花了好长时间都在想 |
[05:17] | how not to go to school, | 怎么样才能不去学校 |
[05:18] | though I wouldn’t mind if it was to learn French foot fighting, | 如果是去学法国踢腿术我可不介意 |
[05:20] | ’cause that sounds awesome. | 听起来棒极了 |
[05:23] | Hey, you know what? | 对了 你知道吗 |
[05:24] | There was this kid last year, Andy, | 去年有个叫安迪的学生 |
[05:26] | who was stuck at home with two broken legs. | 两条腿都骨折了只能待在家里 |
[05:29] | Did he do it French foot fighting? | 是学法国踢腿术弄的吗 |
[05:30] | No. | 不是 |
[05:31] | Maybe. I don’t know. | 可能是吧 我怎么知道 |
[05:33] | The point is he had a robot that filled in for him | 重点在于他有一个机器人 |
[05:36] | while his legs were broken. | 在他骨折期间代替他 |
[05:37] | So the robot did all his fighting? | 这个机器人代替他打架吗 |
[05:39] | No. | 当然不是 |
[05:40] | Maybe. No! | 也有可能吧 别打岔 |
[05:43] | It went to school for the kid. | 它代替安迪去学校 |
[05:44] | He interacted through a tablet computer that was attached to the robot. | 他通过安装在机器人身上的平板电脑进行控制 |
[05:48] | It was like Andy was really at school doing all the work himself. | 就像安迪自己在上学 所有事都可以自己控制 |
[05:51] | So it was a nerd robot who was afraid to fight. | 也就是说这是一个不敢打架的呆子机器人咯 |
[05:58] | Stan, if we can get that robot from school, | 斯坦 要是我们把这个机器人从学校弄回来 |
[06:01] | I can enroll you and we can go to school together. | 我就可以帮你设置系统 然后我们就能一起上学了 |
[06:04] | I’ll get to share my favorite thing, school, | 这样我就能和我最好的朋友 也就是你 |
[06:07] | with you, my best friend. | 分享我最喜欢的事情 也就是上学了 |
[06:08] | That sounds great. | 听起来好极了 |
[06:11] | We can have snacks together. | 我们可以一起吃点心 |
[06:12] | I love snacks. | 我爱死点心了 |
[06:13] | We can walk to class together. | 我们可以一起走路去教室 |
[06:14] | I love walks. | 我最爱走路了 |
[06:15] | We can meet up and study together. | 我们可以天天见面然后一起学习 |
[06:17] | I love meat! | 我喜欢肉 |
[06:18] | Please, please, please, Avery, get me that robot. | 拜托了 艾芙莉 一定要帮我弄到那个机器人 |
[06:22] | I want it more than anything. | 它是我最想要的东西了 |
[06:23] | Except maybe a custom closet remodel. | 除此之外还想要个定制衣柜 |
[06:26] | Half of my suits are folded. | 我的衣服有一半都皱了 |
[06:27] | What am I, a farmer? | 我是什么身份 农民吗 |
[06:29] | We’ll just have to make up some story | 我们得编个故事 |
[06:31] | about why you can’t physically be at school. | 好解释一下你为什么不能亲自来学校 |
[06:33] | We could say your parents are astrophysicists in Antarctica | 我们可以说你父母是在南极工作的天体物理学家 |
[06:36] | and they’re studying gamma ray bursts | 他们在研究伽玛射线 |
[06:37] | and you can’t go to school there because there are no schools. | 你没法去上学是因为那儿没学校 |
[06:40] | Great idea. Where did that come from? | 好主意 你怎么想到的 |
[06:42] | Like I said, I spend a lot of time figuring out how to get out of school. | 就像我说的 我花了好长时间想怎样才能不去上学 |
[06:45] | Just couldn’t figure out how to get mom and dad to be astrophysicists. | 就是想不出怎么样让爸妈成为天体物理学家 |
[06:48] | No matter how much I hinted. | 不管我怎么暗示 |
[06:50] | So… stars are pretty interesting, huh? | 那个 星星听有意思的是吧 |
[07:04] | You okay in there, Stan? | 在这儿还好吧 斯坦 |
[07:05] | This shoe bin is the perfect place to control the robot from. | 这个鞋盒用来控制机器人真是再合适不过了 |
[07:09] | I’m at school and surrounded by old shoes. | 我在学校里 还被旧鞋子围绕着 |
[07:11] | It’s like a dream come true. | 梦想成真啦 |
[07:13] | Luckily not the dream where I show up with no pants on. | 还好不是我没穿裤子的那个梦 |
[07:16] | Oh, no! | 天呐 真没穿 |
[07:19] | I still think it’d be safer for you to control the robot from home. | 我还是觉得你在家控制机器人更安全些 |
[07:23] | No way. | 不要 |
[07:24] | I want to be at school so I’m closer to you. | 我想待在学校里 这样离你更近 |
[07:26] | The whole point is that we’re sharing this, right? | 最重要的是我们正在分享这一切 不是吗 |
[07:28] | Plus, I’d get way too distracted at home. | 另外 我在家比较容易分心 |
[07:31] | Your mom’s been learning Swedish. | 你妈妈最近在学瑞典语 |
[07:35] | My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. | 我刷牙的时候牙龈出血了 |
[07:40] | Why is she… | 她为什么 |
[07:41] | not flossing regularly? | 不定期使用牙线吗 |
[07:42] | Yeah, I wondered that, too. | 我也好奇呢 |
[07:45] | So we ready for my big entrance? | 准备好我的闪亮登场了吗 |
[07:47] | Let me turn this thing on. | 让我把这个打开 |
[07:55] | Stan. | 斯坦 |
[07:57] | Very cool music. | 音乐真酷 |
[07:59] | First day of school and you’re really making your mark. | 第一天上学 你就要大放异彩了 |
[08:01] | Nice entrance, Stan. | 斯坦 很棒的出场哦 |
[08:03] | Now let’s introduce you to everybody. | 现在我给大家介绍一下你 |
[08:04] | Where’d you get the picture of this kid? | 你从哪弄来这孩子照片的 |
[08:07] | He’s one of my bmx buddies. | 他是我一个玩越野自行车的朋友 |
[08:09] | He goes to another school. | 他去别的学校了 |
[08:10] | I bought him some mint ice cream in exchange for taking his picture. | 我给他买了些薄荷冰淇淋换来的照片 |
[08:15] | Kind of sad. | 有点伤感 |
[08:16] | Still eats ice cream like a 5-year-old. | 吃个冰淇淋还像五岁时那样 |
[08:18] | You do not want to see what he does with pudding. | 你肯定不会想看他怎么吃布丁的 |
[08:22] | I said you didn’t want to see it. | 我说了你不想看 |
[08:24] | Sorry, sorry. | 抱歉啦 |
[08:26] | Oh, no, did Andy break his legs again? | 不是吧 安迪又把腿摔断啦 |
[08:29] | That kid’s got to stop trying to jump off the top bunk into his pants. | 这孩子真不该再试着从上铺直接往裤子里跳 |
[08:33] | Oh, no, this is the new virtual student. | 不是的 这是新来的虚拟学生 |
[08:36] | He lives with his parents at a research station in Antarctica. | 他和爸妈住在南极洲的科考站 |
[08:40] | Oh, so you’re distant and cold. | 所以你又远又冷咯 |
[08:42] | I’m Max. | 我叫麦克斯 |
[08:45] | Hi. I’m Lindsay. | 你好 我是琳赛 |
[08:46] | I’m Stan. | 我叫斯坦 |
[08:48] | Stan, uh, shoe bin. | 斯坦 呃 鞋盒 |
[08:50] | Stan Shubin. | 我叫斯坦·舒宾 |
[08:52] | Yeah, that sounds like a name and not just a hiding place. | 这样听起来就像是个名字而不是个藏身所了 |
[09:01] | Normally I don’t go for showboats, | 一般我是不喜欢别人炫耀的 |
[09:03] | but this Shubin kid is just the right amount of wrong. | 不过这个舒宾倒是例外 |
[09:11] | So Romeo and Juliet, | 罗密欧与朱丽叶 |
[09:13] | much like my life, is a tragedy, | 就和我的生活一样 是个悲剧 |
[09:17] | although Romeo and Juliet never lived | 尽管罗密欧与朱丽叶 |
[09:19] | in their more successful brother’s garage. | 从未在他们富有的哥哥的车库里住过 |
[09:23] | I’m really pulling for him for teacher of the year. | 我非常支持他参选年度教师评选 |
[09:25] | This is his time. | 他的机会来了 |
[09:27] | Is this brother’s garage thing gonna be on the test? | 住哥哥车库这种事情考试会考吗 |
[09:30] | Yes. | 会 |
[09:32] | Isn’t this great, Stan? | 斯坦 这样是不是很棒啊 |
[09:34] | We’re gonna spend the next hour learning about Romeo and Juliet | 接下来的一堂课里 我们要学习罗密欧与朱丽叶 |
[09:37] | and then you and I can continue the discussion on our own time. | 课余时间咱们还可以继续讨论 |
[09:40] | Yes! Finally I get to do this with you. | 太好了 我终于可以和你一起做这种事了 |
[09:43] | Let the excitement begin. | 让这激动人心的时刻开始吧 |
[09:45] | “Wilt thou be gone? | “你要走了吗 |
[09:48] | It is not yet near day. | 天还未明 |
[09:50] | It was the nightingale and not the lark | 那是夜莺而非云雀 |
[09:53] | that pierced the fearful hollow of thine ear.” | 叫穿你战战兢兢的耳穴” |
[09:56] | This is so moving. | 真是太感人了 |
[09:57] | I’m crying. | 我都要哭了 |
[09:58] | Aren’t you? | 你呢 |
[10:02] | Stan! No sleeping in class. | 斯坦 课堂上不许睡觉 |
[10:04] | What? I wasn’t asleep. | 什么 我没睡觉 |
[10:07] | Maybe I’m just hungry. | 估计是饿了 |
[10:08] | Is it okay if I get a snack? | 我能吃点心吗 |
[10:14] | No eating in class, Mr. Shubin, | 舒宾先生 课堂上不允许吃东西 |
[10:16] | unless you brought enough for everyone. | 除非你给每个人都发一份 |
[10:24] | Shoot, I broke the tip of this one. | 我把笔尖弄断了 |
[10:26] | Here, I’ll sharpen it for you. | 给你 我帮你削这个 |
[10:28] | Thanks. So gallant. | 谢谢 真殷勤 |
[10:30] | I’m really glad you told me I’m your boyfriend | 我很高兴你让我当你男朋友 |
[10:32] | and then gave me one of these. | 然后给我使了这个 |
[10:35] | I’ll go get us some snacks. | 我去弄点点心来 |
[10:37] | But I should warn you, I’m a terrible cook. | 但是我得提醒你 我厨艺可不太好 |
[10:41] | Bennett, I appreciate that you’re doing the dishes, | 班尼特 我很感谢你帮我洗盘子 |
[10:44] | but you’re getting water everywhere. | 但你把水弄得到处都是 |
[10:46] | What are you, seven? | 你多大了 七岁吗 |
[10:47] | I’m just trying to help. | 我就是想试着帮忙 |
[10:49] | By making more work for me? | 然后给我制造更多的活儿吗 |
[10:50] | It’s like you don’t care. | 你好像根本就不在乎 |
[10:51] | I don’t, yet I’m still doing it, | 确实不在乎 即使这样我还不是在做吗 |
[10:54] | which makes me really special. | 这才让我显得很特殊 |
[10:55] | And I’m the one stuck cleaning up your special mess. | 但是清理你特殊的烂摊子的那个人是我 |
[10:59] | But it’s fine, it’s fine. | 算了 算了 |
[11:03] | I sharpened all the crayons so they’re nice and pointy, like you like them. | 我把所有的蜡笔都削尖了 照你喜欢的样子 |
[11:07] | Mason, there are shavings everywhere. | 梅森 你把笔屑弄得到处都是 |
[11:09] | What are you, seven? | 你多大的人了 七岁吗 |
[11:11] | Next month. | 下个月七岁 |
[11:13] | And look at your pants. | 再看看你裤子 |
[11:15] | There’s crayon all over them. | 蜡笔画得乱七八糟的 |
[11:17] | It’s like you don’t care. | 你好像根本就不在乎 |
[11:19] | But it makes them colorful. | 但这样裤子就更五彩缤纷了 |
[11:21] | I have rainbow pants. | 我有彩虹裤子了 |
[11:23] | I thought you’d like that. | 我以为你会喜欢呢 |
[11:25] | But I’m the one stuck cleaning up your rainbow mess. | 但是清理你这些彩虹垃圾的人可是我 |
[11:28] | But it’s fine, it’s fine. | 算了 算了 |
[11:31] | That’s good, that’s good. | 那就好 那就好 |
[11:34] | No, it’s not good. We’re fighting. | 不 一点都不好 我们在吵架 |
[11:36] | Is it about my pants? | 是因为我的裤子吗 |
[11:38] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[11:40] | I don’t understand either, but this is what’s happening. | 我也不明白 但这就是现在的情况 |
[11:46] | Tyler, I do not like school. | 泰勒 我不喜欢上学了 |
[11:48] | Avery made it sound so exciting, but it’s just not for me. | 艾芙莉把上学讲得有趣极了 但还是不适合我 |
[11:51] | I’m a dog, I want to take naps and have yard time and catch frisbees. | 我是只狗 我想睡觉 想放风 想接飞盘 |
[11:56] | That sounds awesome. | 听起来很棒啊 |
[11:58] | Maybe I’m a dog, too. | 也许我也是只狗 |
[12:01] | What do I do about Avery? | 面对艾芙莉 我该怎么做呢 |
[12:02] | She’s so excited about our doing this together. | 她对我们一起上学的事显得很开心 |
[12:05] | Just tell her. She’ll understand. | 直接告诉她 她会理解的 |
[12:07] | She knows no one else loves school the way she does. | 她知道的 没有谁像她那样爱上学的 |
[12:09] | Stan, it means so much to me to finally have someone else | 斯坦 这对我来说太有意义了 |
[12:13] | who loves school the way I do. | 我终于找到和我一样爱上学的人 |
[12:15] | Yeah, about that, there’s something I have to tell you. | 就上学这事儿 我有话得和你说说 |
[12:18] | I signed us up to do the history project together. | 我已经报名咱俩一起做历史作业了 |
[12:21] | Oh, this is going to be so amazing for our friendship. | 这可以大大促进我们的友谊 |
[12:24] | I don’t really share a love of school with Max and Lindsay. | 我跟琳赛和麦克斯就没法分享对上学的喜爱 |
[12:26] | It’s so great this can be our thing. | 这种感觉只属于咱俩 多好啊 |
[12:28] | So what was it you were going to tell me? | 你要和我说什么来着 |
[12:30] | Uh, how great it is that we share our love of school. | 我们可以一起分享对上学的喜爱真是太棒了 |
[12:35] | We are totally on the same wavelength. | 咱们俩真是太合拍了 |
[12:37] | I’m gonna go right now and start thinking about… | 我现在得走了 好好想一想 |
[12:40] | – lunch meats. – Ideas for the project. | -午餐的肉 -怎么做这个作业 |
[12:50] | So did you tell Avery school’s not for you? | 你跟艾芙莉说了你觉得学校不适合你吗 |
[12:52] | I couldn’t. She was too excited about | 我没说 她觉得很兴奋 |
[12:54] | how this was going to be so great for our friendship. | 因为这对我们的友谊来说意义重大 |
[12:56] | Well, if you’re stuck here, do what I do. | 既然你被困在这里了 那就像我一样 |
[12:58] | Make the best of it. | 随遇而安吧 |
[12:59] | Well, I guess school’s better than sitting at home | 嗯 待在学校总比待在家无所事事 |
[13:01] | hanging out with your mom. | 和你妈妈出去散步要好的多吧 |
[13:04] | Good one, Shubin. | 说的对 舒宾 |
[13:05] | Yeah, it was. | 那当然 |
[13:11] | Stand back while I do a little of this. | 我做这个的时候你们都往后站 |
[13:18] | Well, I better get to bio. | 我现在得去上生物课了 |
[13:19] | Hey, some of us are in the same class. | 正好 我们有几个和你在一个班上课 |
[13:21] | We can all sit in the back and make fun of everything together. | 我们可以一起坐后面 找点乐子 |
[13:23] | You mean we don’t have to learn? | 你是指不用学习吗 |
[13:25] | You are on a roll, Shubin. | 你真会讲笑话 舒宾 |
[13:27] | Yeah, I was like “you mean we don’t have to learn?” | 我想是的 “你是说不用学习吗” |
[13:31] | Oh, man. | 天呐 太好了 |
[13:37] | Tyler, Stan loves school. | 泰勒 斯坦喜欢上学 |
[13:39] | Don’t try to corrupt him and turn him into a slacker like you. | 你不要带坏他 让他变成个像你一样的懒鬼 |
[13:42] | I’m not a slacker. I have a goal. | 我才不懒呢 我可是有目标的 |
[13:44] | To own a food truck someday. | 总有一天要经营一辆餐车 |
[13:47] | So I focus on the things that matter. | 所以我总是关注一些与之相关的事情 |
[13:49] | Hanging with friends to develop social skills, | 和朋友交往锻炼了社交技能 |
[13:51] | and lunch to develop lunch skills. | 吃午餐锻炼了午餐技能 |
[13:55] | I don’t need to know who invaded Iceland in 1940. | 我才不需要知道是谁在1940年入侵了冰岛呢 |
[13:58] | – England. – Or who discovered sun spots. | -英格兰 -或是谁发现了太阳黑子 |
[14:00] | Galileo. | 是伽利略 |
[14:00] | Or what’s the capital of Bulgaria. | 或是保加利亚的首都是哪儿 |
[14:02] | Sofia. | 索非亚 |
[14:03] | England. Galileo. | 英格兰 伽利略 |
[14:04] | Sofia. Thanks. | 索非亚 多谢 |
[14:07] | My point is, what’s going on between you and Stan has nothing to do with me. | 我想说的是 你和斯坦之间的事和我一点关系都没有 |
[14:11] | Really. You should talk to him. | 真的 你该和他谈谈 |
[14:12] | I’m not trying to teach him how to live | 我没教他如何生存 |
[14:14] | – or what’s atomic number five on the periodic table. – Boron. | -或是元素周期表上第五号元素是什么 -是硼 |
[14:17] | Hey, I know we don’t see eye to eye on this school thing, | 我知道咱俩在上学这件事上无法达成一致 |
[14:19] | but that’s no reason for name calling. | 但你也没必要骂我啊 |
[14:21] | You’re a boron. | 你才是硼呢 |
[14:28] | Stan, you were supposed to be home hours ago to work on our project. | 斯坦 你早就该回家和我一起做作业了 |
[14:32] | Sorry, I got caught up in something. | 对不起 我一时迷上了其他东西了 |
[14:34] | Tyler and I were hanging out with the skateboard club. | 我和泰勒跟滑板俱乐部的人一块儿玩来着 |
[14:41] | You got this, Shubin. | 舒宾 你可以的 |
[14:51] | I’m good. | 我没事 |
[14:55] | The last couple of days, | 在过去这几天里 |
[14:57] | every time we’re supposed to work on this assignment, | 每当我们该做作业的时候 |
[14:59] | you always have an excuse not to. | 你总有理由不做 |
[15:01] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[15:03] | After the pep rally tonight, we’ll really buckle down. | 今晚参加完动员会 我们就全力以赴 |
[15:05] | No, it’s due tomorrow. | 不行 明天就要交了 |
[15:07] | We can’t go to the pep rally. We have too much to do. | 我们不能去 我们有一堆事要做 |
[15:10] | This does mean as much to you as it does to me, doesn’t it? | 这对咱们俩的意义同样重要 对不对 |
[15:13] | Yes, of course. | 当然啦 |
[15:15] | This is the thing we have in common. | 这是咱们俩的共同之处 |
[15:17] | We’ll skip the pep rally and work all night | 我们今晚不去动员会了 一晚上把作业做完 |
[15:19] | or my name isn’t Stan Shubin. | 要不然我就不是斯坦·舒宾了 |
[15:21] | It’s not. | 你本来就不是 |
[15:22] | Right, right. | 也对 |
[15:24] | Sorry, I’ve been confused since I took that spill on my skateboard. | 抱歉 自从我从滑板上摔下来了之后就迷迷糊糊的了 |
[15:27] | You didn’t take the spill. | 摔的又不是你 |
[15:29] | I told you I’ve been confused. | 我说了我现在脑子不清楚 |
[15:31] | Okay, Stan. You wait here. | 好吧 斯坦 你在这儿等我 |
[15:34] | I’ve got to get some poster board for the project, | 我去买些展板来做作业 |
[15:35] | but when I get home, we’ll get to work. | 等我一回来 我们就开工 |
[15:37] | Yes, good, looking forward to it. | 好的 等着你哦 |
[15:41] | Okay, Stan. You ready for the rally? | 斯坦 准备好去参加动员会了吗 |
[15:42] | Totally. Let’s get out of here. | 当然 我们出发吧 |
[15:48] | Daddy, can you help me? | 老爸 你能帮我一下吗 |
[15:50] | Mason doesn’t want to be my boyfriend anymore. | 梅森不想当我男朋友了 |
[15:52] | Doesn’t want to be your boyfriend? | 他不想当你男朋友了啊 |
[15:54] | Did your mother give you relationship advice? | 你妈有没有给你一些情感建议啊 |
[15:56] | – No. – Okay. | -没有 -那就好 |
[15:57] | Then maybe there’s a chance. | 那应该还有救 |
[15:59] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[16:00] | Well, I was the one stuck cleaning up his mess. | 他弄得一团糟以后让我收拾 |
[16:02] | It’s like he doesn’t care. | 好像他根本就不在乎一样 |
[16:04] | But it’s fine, it’s fine. | 不过这些都算了 |
[16:06] | Chloe, did you overhear mommy and me arguing? | 克洛伊 你是不是偷听了我和你妈吵架 |
[16:09] | Yes. I hear lots of things you talk about. | 是啊 我还听到你们说的好多事呢 |
[16:12] | Did you ever think if you put the ceiling fan in, she’ll stop nagging you? | 你不觉得要是安个吊扇的话 她就不唠叨了吗 |
[16:19] | Stan, I’m home. | 斯坦 我回来了 |
[16:21] | Stan. | 斯坦 |
[16:24] | Stan? | 斯坦去哪儿了 |
[16:27] | Shubin! | 舒宾 |
[16:28] | Shubin! Shubin! | 舒宾 舒宾 |
[16:30] | This is so awesome, Stan. | 简直棒极了 斯坦 |
[16:35] | Why aren’t you over there? I thought you liked him. | 你干嘛不过去 我以为你喜欢他呢 |
[16:37] | I just liked him for his telescoping neck. | 我只是喜欢他那个可以伸缩的脖子 |
[16:39] | He doesn’t have a telescoping neck. | 可是他没有啊 |
[16:41] | I know that now. | 我现在知道了 |
[16:42] | I was just projecting onto him what I wanted him to be. | 我只是把我心中的理想模样套在他身上了 |
[16:53] | What’s Mason doing here? | 梅森怎么在这儿 |
[16:54] | I thought he broke up with Chloe. | 我以为他和克洛伊已经分手了啊 |
[16:56] | And how could he do something like that? | 他怎么能干这种事呢 |
[16:57] | I’m beginning to think he’s not the one. | 我现在开始觉得他不是那个命中注定的男孩了 |
[17:01] | Honey, they were just fighting because they saw us fighting. | 亲爱的 他俩吵架了而已 原因是看见咱俩吵架了 |
[17:04] | Chloe! | 克洛伊 |
[17:05] | I invited Mason over so that they could see us | 我邀请梅森过来 是为了让他们看我们道歉 |
[17:07] | apologize and learn from our good example. | 好给他们做个好榜样 |
[17:11] | What’s up, daddy? | 老爸 有什么事吗 |
[17:12] | What’s she doing here? | 她怎么在这儿 |
[17:13] | I live here. | 因为我住这儿 |
[17:15] | You see what I’m dealing with? | 你现在知道我要处理的都是些什么事儿了吧 |
[17:18] | Guys, I know that | 小家伙们 |
[17:19] | you saw us having a little disagreement, | 我知道你们看到我们起了争执 |
[17:23] | but what you didn’t see was the part where we made up. | 但你们没看见我们是怎么和好的 |
[17:26] | So… | 所以呢 |
[17:27] | So… | 所以呢 |
[17:29] | So Chloe’s mommy has something she wants to say to me. | 所以克洛伊的妈妈有话要对我说 |
[17:33] | I thought you were gonna start. | 我还以为是你先说呢 |
[17:35] | Hey, there’s a picture of you. | 嘿 这儿有张你的照片 |
[17:38] | I live here. | 我说了这是我家 |
[17:41] | We have to pretend to apologize, even if we don’t mean it. | 我们得假装道歉 即使不是真心的 |
[17:46] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[17:48] | Bennett, I’m sorry I criticized the way you did the dishes. | 班尼特 我不该批评你洗盘子的方式 |
[17:52] | And, Ellen, I am sorry for making a mess for you to clean up. | 艾伦 我也抱歉留下那么一大摊给你收拾 |
[17:56] | I was just trying to help out because I know how much you do around here. | 我只是想帮你 因为我知道你确实为这个家做了很多 |
[17:59] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[18:02] | Aw, I’m sorry for jumping on you when you were just trying to help out. | 真对不起 我竟然在你想帮忙的时候对你发脾气 |
[18:05] | I’m sorry for not chipping in more around the house. | 我也抱歉没能多帮你收拾这个家 |
[18:09] | Does that mean you’re going to start chipping in more | 这是不是意味着你要开始多帮我的忙了 |
[18:11] | or you’re just sorry that you don’t? | 还是说你只是道歉而不会去做 |
[18:12] | We’ll talk later. | 我们一会儿再商量这个 |
[18:16] | Mason, I’m sorry for yelling at you about the crayons. | 梅森 我不该因为蜡笔的事对你发脾气 |
[18:19] | Chloe, I’m sorry, too, even though I don’t know what I did wrong. | 克洛伊 我也道歉 尽管我还不知道我错在哪儿 |
[18:22] | Better get used to that, buddy. | 小伙子 你最好赶快习惯 |
[18:25] | What’s your backpack doing here? | 你把书包放这儿干嘛 |
[18:27] | I live here! | 我说了我住这儿 |
[18:34] | There you are. | 你终于回来了 |
[18:36] | Max and Lindsay texted me all about how Stan Shubin | 麦克斯和琳赛发短信告诉我了 |
[18:39] | was showing off at the rally by the shoe bin. | 说斯坦·舒宾在鞋盒边上的集会上炫耀呢 |
[18:41] | And how has no one made that connection? | 怎么就没人发现这两者之间的联系呢 |
[18:44] | Oh, you mean the sneaker box? | 你是指那个运动鞋盒吧 |
[18:48] | Stan bailed on our project tonight. | 斯坦今晚失约了 说好了做作业的 |
[18:49] | I just can’t believe you took him there | 我真是不敢相信你竟然带他去了 |
[18:51] | after I specifically asked you to stay out of this. | 还是在我特别跟你强调别插手这事之后 |
[18:54] | First, when have I ever done anything you specifically asked me to do? | 首先 你什么时候特别要求我别做什么事了 |
[18:58] | And second, I did stay out of it. | 其次 我确实没插手啊 |
[19:00] | He wanted to go. | 他自己想去的 |
[19:01] | Hey, I guess I did something you specifically asked me to do. | 我还真做了你特别要求我做的事情呢 |
[19:04] | This is a big day for you. | 今天对你来说还真不一般呢 |
[19:06] | Wait, where’s Stan? | 慢着 斯坦在哪儿 |
[19:08] | I’m right here. | 我在这儿呢 |
[19:10] | No, that’s Shubin. | 不 你是舒宾 |
[19:12] | I want to talk to Stan. | 我想和斯坦谈谈 |
[19:13] | Stan’s a little afraid to talk to you right now. | 斯坦现在有点怕和你说话 |
[19:18] | Stan, I’m so mad at you. | 斯坦 我对你很生气 |
[19:20] | Now you’re making me more nervous. | 你现在让我更紧张了 |
[19:22] | Man, hitting all the wrong buttons. | 天 按钮全按错了 |
[19:27] | Huh, that must be in there from the last time | 这应该是以前有一头不能去学校的奶牛 |
[19:28] | a cow couldn’t go to school. | 留在这儿的吧 |
[19:33] | Who’s there? Who’s there? | 谁来了 谁来了 |
[19:35] | Who’s… | 谁 |
[19:36] | Ah, you doorbelled me. | 原来是你假装按门铃啊 |
[19:38] | Nice. | 好极了 |
[19:41] | Stan, you went to the rally tonight. | 斯坦 你今晚去参加动员会了 |
[19:44] | You knew how much working together on our project meant to me. | 你知道咱俩一起做作业对我来说多重要的 |
[19:47] | It was something we were gonna share. | 这是件应该由咱们俩共享的事 |
[19:49] | I tried, but I just don’t care about school the way you do. | 我也努力了 但我还是没法像你一样那么在意学校 |
[19:53] | I’m a dog. | 我是只狗 |
[19:54] | I want to take naps and have yard time | 我想睡觉 想放风 |
[19:57] | and sniff your mom’s left ankle every day | 去嗅你妈妈的左脚踝 |
[19:58] | for no reason until she developed a complex. | 直到最近你妈妈心里都犯了嘀咕 |
[20:02] | She made a doctor’s appointment. | 她已经预约好要去看医生了 |
[20:07] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天呐 |
[20:09] | I blamed Tyler for putting the pressure on you | 我竟然责怪泰勒给你施压 |
[20:12] | to slack off, | 让你偷懒 |
[20:13] | but I was the one putting pressure on you to be like me. | 其实我才是给你压力的那个人 |
[20:17] | I’m so sorry. | 我感到很抱歉 |
[20:19] | But if you felt that way, why didn’t you say anything? | 既然你是这么想的 干嘛不说呢 |
[20:22] | Seeing how excited you were about us having school in common | 看到你对我们一起上学这件事感到这么开心 |
[20:26] | made me realize that our personalities | 让我意识到 |
[20:28] | and interests are so different. | 我们的性格和兴趣是如此不同 |
[20:30] | We don’t really have anything in common. | 我们其实没什么共同语言 |
[20:32] | That’s what this is about? | 你这么认为吗 |
[20:34] | What if our friendship isn’t really based on anything? | 如果我们的友谊根本没有坚实的基础呢 |
[20:37] | I guess I was trying to run away from having to face that. | 我想我一直都在逃避这个问题 |
[20:40] | Stan, our friendship | 斯坦 我们的友谊 |
[20:41] | is based on the fact that we love each other | 是建立在我们爱对方 |
[20:45] | and are always there for each other. | 并且一直支持陪伴对方的基础上 |
[20:46] | That’s all that matters. | 其他的都不重要 |
[20:49] | It is? | 是吗 |
[20:50] | Isn’t it all that matters to you? | 这些对你来说还不重要吗 |
[20:52] | It is. | 当然重要 |
[20:54] | I love you, Avery. | 艾芙莉 我爱你 |
[20:55] | I love you, too, Stan. | 我也爱你 斯坦 |
[21:03] | Hey, Shubin’s giving us the side-eye. | 嘿 舒宾在对我们翻白眼 |
[21:07] | Who’s controlling it? | 谁在控制它 |
[21:16] | Good work, Shubin. | 舒宾 干得漂亮 |
[21:23] | After we discovered that our neighbor | 在我们发现了邻居 |
[21:25] | Mr. Trummer’s TV remote operated | 特拉默先生家的电视遥控器 |
[21:27] | on the same frequency as the robot, | 一样可以控制这台机器人之后 |
[21:29] | we were no longer afraid to go back in the house. | 我们就再也不怕回到屋子里了 |
[21:34] | And it turns out that my going to school | 事实上 我去上学这件事 |
[21:36] | did bring Avery and me closer together, | 确实让我和艾芙莉更亲近了 |
[21:38] | just not in the way either of us thought it would. | 遗憾的是 并没有按照我们俩设想的方式发展 |
[21:41] | And I’m back to my naps and my yard time and my fun with Ellen. | 我也回到了睡觉 放风 在艾伦身上找乐子的生活 |
[21:46] | But, Doctor Landers, what do you mean the tests show nothing? | 但是兰德斯医生 什么叫做检查显示一切正常 |
[21:49] | There has to be something. | 肯定有问题 |
[21:50] | Why else would the dog be sniffing that one spot? | 要不然我的狗干嘛总闻那一个地方呢 |
[21:53] | I’ve been sniffing it, too, and it does smell sick. | 我也闻了 确实挺恶心的 |
[21:58] | Tomorrow, I start barking at it. | 明天 我要开始对着它叫了 |