时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hector, the security guard, is affiliated | 赫克特属于一个自称为 |
[00:04] | with the collective that calls itself “Everyone.” | “人人”的组织 |
[00:07] | Not everyone in the general sense. | 当然不是通常意义上的”所有人” |
[00:08] | “Everyone,” The proper noun. | “人人”是一个 |
[00:10] | The cyber activists. | 黑客小团体 |
[00:13] | What is happening with my computer? | 我的电脑怎么了 |
[00:14] | They most likely traced the phone here | 他们可能是在微波炉毁掉 |
[00:14] | 人人 | |
[00:15] | before the microwave destroyed it. | 那手机之前追踪到这里的 |
[00:17] | I thought we left on good terms with Everyone. | 我以为我们和”人人”黑客关系还不错 |
[00:19] | 打我胳膊就能帮我抓凶手 | |
[00:20] | Well, as far as you can be on good terms | 说到和幼稚的黑客匿名组织 |
[00:21] | with an anonymous collective of immature hackers, we did. | 保持良好的联系 |
[00:25] | Bella, Edward, Jacob. | 贝拉 爱德华 雅各布 |
[00:27] | Are you guys researching the Twilight books? | 你们是在研究《暮光之城》系列小说吗 |
[00:30] | We heard back from our friends at Everyone. | “人人”的朋友给了我们回复 |
[00:32] | Apparently, there’s some kind of convention in town, | 显然 市里有个什么讨论会 |
[00:33] | and they want me to read my essay out loud in the lobby. | 而他们想让我在大厅里读这篇论文 |
[00:36] | Everyone never gets tired of embarrassing you, do they? | “人人”就是喜欢让你出丑 是吧 |
[00:39] | Humiliation is the favorite currency of the hacker. | 羞辱别人是黑客们最喜欢的货币 |
[01:15] | Sherlock Holmes? | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯吗 |
[01:17] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗 |
[01:18] | Kind of. We’ve talked. | 算认识吧 我们交流过 |
[01:19] | No, we haven’t. | 不 我们没有 |
[01:20] | No, not like in person. | 不是面对面说的 |
[01:23] | Uh, can I tell you about it inside? | 我能进去跟你说吗 |
[01:24] | I feel kind of exposed out here. | 我不想暴露在外面 |
[01:31] | You cannot chew gum in my home. | 你不能在我家嚼口香糖 |
[01:33] | Seriously? | 认真的吗 |
[01:34] | Do I look like I’m joking? | 我看起来像开玩笑吗 |
[01:44] | You sick or something? | 你病了吗 |
[01:46] | Training myself to mimic death. | 我在练习假死 |
[01:48] | That’s an activity best done uninterrupted, by the way. | 顺便 做这种事的时候最好没人打扰 |
[01:54] | Okay, I don’t just go around telling people this. | 好吧 我不是随便到处找人说这些的 |
[01:57] | I’m Sucking Chest Wound. | 我是”胸之伤” |
[02:00] | From Everyone. | 是”人人”的 |
[02:03] | I’m the guy who made you go to that Twilight convention. | 我就是那个让你去参加《暮光之城》研讨会的人 |
[02:08] | You seriously don’t remember me? | 你真的不记得我了吗 |
[02:10] | I’m sort of important. | 我还挺重要的 |
[02:12] | Mr. Chest Wound, | “胸伤”先生 |
[02:15] | what is it you want? | 你想干什么 |
[02:17] | Okay, so, I don’t know if you know this or not, | 好吧 我不知道你知不知道 |
[02:19] | but right now we’re having, like, a civil war. | 我们现在正在打内战 |
[02:23] | Everyone? | “人人”里吗 |
[02:24] | Two sides fighting for the soul of the collective. | 两派人在为组织的灵魂而战 |
[02:28] | Did you just roll your eyes? | 你刚刚是翻了个白眼吗 |
[02:29] | No. Carry on. | 没有 继续说 |
[02:32] | On one side, you’ve got a group pretty much led by me. | 一派人是由我领导的 |
[02:35] | We like Everyone the way it is. | 我们喜欢”人人”现在的样子 |
[02:37] | We’re pranksters. We don’t have an ideology. | 我们爱开玩笑 没有意识形态 |
[02:39] | We help the people we want to help, | 我们帮助我们想帮的人 |
[02:40] | hurt the people we want to hurt, on, like, | 伤害我们想伤害的人 |
[02:42] | a case-by-case basis. | 就事论事 |
[02:44] | The other side follows this guy “Species.” | 另一派由一个叫”种族”的人领导 |
[02:47] | They want us to become a straight-up political movement. | 他们想让我们变成一场激进的政治运动 |
[02:49] | That means establishing parameters, | 这就意味着要建立界限 |
[02:52] | aligning with the left, going against the right. | 跟左派为盟 与右派为敌 |
[02:54] | And you see my role in this as what exactly? | 你说的这些跟我有什么关系 |
[02:59] | I’m trying to get dox on Species, you know? | 我正在调查”物种”的资料 |
[03:03] | Dig into him, find out who he really is. | 深挖他的背景 查出他到底是谁 |
[03:05] | If I can learn that, I can find stuff to embarrass him. | 如果我能查清楚 我就能想办法让他出糗 |
[03:09] | My side wins. | 我们这派就赢了 |
[03:10] | I haven’t had any luck yet. | 我还没什么进展 |
[03:12] | You’re, you know, a detective. | 而你是个侦探 |
[03:15] | Hey, I’ll be back in a bit. | 我一会儿就回来 |
[03:16] | Uh, j-just-just one moment, if you please. | 可以的话 请稍等一下 |
[03:19] | Mr. Chest Wound, I’m afraid I can’t help you. | “胸伤”先生 我恐怕帮不了你 |
[03:21] | I can pay. | 我可以付钱 |
[03:22] | No. That’s not the issue. | 不 这不是问题 |
[03:24] | The internecine struggles of a group | 一群心智不全自以为是的 |
[03:26] | of emotionally-stunted self-styled activists | 激进主义分子间的内战 |
[03:28] | interests me not one iota. | 让我提不起丝毫兴趣 |
[03:33] | So, in my haste to get away from Sucking Chest Wound, | 在我匆忙逃离”胸之伤”时 |
[03:35] | I neglected to ask you what I’m helping you with. | 我忘了问你你要我帮你干嘛 |
[03:38] | Well, you know Connie, right? She’s our neighbor. | 你认识康妮吧 她是我们的邻居 |
[03:40] | She lives two doors down. | 她住在 |
[03:41] | Her daughter Emmanuelle is getting bullied online. | 她女儿爱玛纽埃尔在网上被人威胁了 |
[03:45] | She asked if I could look into it. | 她问我能不能查一下 |
[03:48] | You’ve determined that the offending messages | 你已经确定那些信息是从这些电脑 |
[03:50] | are coming from those computers, and you’re here | 发出去的 而你来这里 |
[03:51] | to confront the sender? | 是跟发送者对质的吗 |
[03:53] | Close. | 差不多吧 |
[03:54] | I’m not sure how much confronting there’s going to be. | 我不确定这是否有对质的必要 |
[03:58] | These are the messages from the bully, | 这些是威胁者发来的信息 |
[04:01] | and these are Emmanuelle’s public posts. | 这些是爱玛纽埃尔发在网上的内容 |
[04:08] | Oh, the patterns of speech, the misspelling. | 这些语言模式和拼写错误 |
[04:11] | These are written by the same person. | 这是同一个人写的 |
[04:12] | She’s sending the messages to herself. | 她在给自己发信息 |
[04:14] | If I’m right, I don’t want to tattle on her. | 如果我是对的 我不想告发她 |
[04:17] | She wants attention from her parents, | 她想让父母重视她 |
[04:19] | but she has to get it without driving them crazy with worry. | 但她不能用让他们这么担心的方式 |
[04:34] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[04:36] | How am I? | 我好吗 |
[04:36] | Well, I-I thought perhaps that, uh, | 我就是觉得也许 |
[04:39] | silence was awkward, so I was attempting to fill it. | 沉默着有点尴尬 所以我在试着填补它 |
[04:44] | You get that we’re in a library, right? | 你知道我们是在图书馆里吧 |
[04:45] | No, I see other people talking. | 我看其他人也在说话啊 |
[04:49] | Typically, you’re the one | 通常都是你 |
[04:49] | who lubricates these moments with conversation, so… | 在这种时候说话调节气氛 所以… |
[04:53] | Well, I’m good if you are. | 你觉得没事就行 |
[05:07] | You know you’ve been down here for five hours? | 你知道你已经在这里待了五个小时了吗 |
[05:09] | Have I? | 是吗 |
[05:10] | They have a good collection of books on metallurgy. | 这里有很多关于冶金术的书 |
[05:12] | Well, you might want to check some of them out. | 你可以借几本回去看 |
[05:13] | We’re almost through here. | 我们差不多完事了 |
[05:16] | That’s the neighbor’s daughter. | 那就是邻居的女儿 |
[05:19] | Your theory was correct. | 你的理论是对的 |
[05:21] | I’m gonna go talk to her. I’ll come find you when I’m done. | 我要去跟她谈谈 完事了回来找你 |
[05:29] | Detective. | 警探 |
[05:30] | Hey. I’m at the scene of a murder, and it looks like | 我在一起谋杀案的现场 看起来 |
[05:33] | you might have some kind of connection to the victim. | 你好像跟受害者有某种联系 |
[05:36] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[05:37] | Well, this guy’s computer– | 这家伙的电脑 |
[05:39] | his wallpaper’s a picture of you wearing a dress? | 桌面图片是你穿着裙子的样子 |
[05:46] | Victim’s name is Erroll White. | 受害者名叫埃罗·怀特 |
[05:49] | No sign of forced entry, so maybe he let his killer in. | 没有强行闯入的痕迹 也许是他放凶手进来的 |
[05:52] | As far as the murder weapon goes, | 至于凶器 |
[05:53] | I’m thinking it was a little samurai sword. | 我觉得是一把小武士刀 |
[05:56] | Well, those stab wounds are deep. | 那些刺伤的伤口很深 |
[05:58] | And those displays always have two swords on them, right? | 那种刀架上通常该放两把刀吧 |
[06:01] | Big one and a little one. | 一大一小 |
[06:03] | The wakizashi is missing. | 脇差不见了 |
[06:05] | Well observed. | 观察得不错 |
[06:06] | Obviously, this guy spent a lot of time in front of computers, | 很明显 这人花了大量时间在电脑上 |
[06:09] | so our tech guy has been digging around. | 我们的技术人员已经在排查了 |
[06:12] | I guess he posts to a lot of Web sites | 我猜他常用”物种”这个网名 |
[06:13] | using the name “Species”? | 在很多网站上发帖吧 |
[06:18] | You’ve heard of him. | 你听说过 |
[06:21] | He’s a member of the hacker collective Everyone. | 他是黑客组织”人人”中的一员 |
[06:24] | They occasionally force me to humiliate myself | 他们有时会逼我自取其辱 |
[06:27] | in exchange for information. | 去换取他们的情报 |
[06:29] | Hence, the wallpaper you saw. | 所以才会有你之前看到的电脑桌面 |
[06:49] | You find something? | 有发现了吗 |
[07:02] | We have a suspect. | 我们有嫌犯了 |
[07:05] | I can give you a description. | 我能告诉你他的外貌 |
[07:06] | I could also give you a name, | 还可以给你个名字 |
[07:09] | after a fashion. | 不算真名 |
[07:10] | The young man that we seek | 我们要找的年轻人 |
[07:12] | calls himself Sucking Chest Wound. | 自称”胸之伤” |
[07:47] | Hey. Thought this place was camera-free now. | 我还以为这里已经没有监控了呢 |
[07:50] | Inside, not out. | 家里而已 门外还有 |
[07:52] | I’m looking for footage of Sucking Chest Wound | 我在找”胸之伤”的镜头 |
[07:54] | that I can send to the police. | 好交给警方 |
[07:57] | Well, you could send it to Mason, right? | 你可以寄给梅森吧 |
[07:59] | I mean, he’s got that facial-recognition software. | 他有那种面部识别的软件 |
[08:03] | Mason is currently grounded from the Internet. | 梅森最近被禁止上网了 |
[08:06] | So, why would this guy come here, | 话说回来 这人为什么自己上门 |
[08:08] | ask you to find someone named Species, | 让你帮忙找一个叫”物种”的人 |
[08:10] | and then murder him at the end of the day? | 然后晚上又动手杀了他 |
[08:12] | Perhaps it wasn’t a planned killing. | 可能是意外杀人 |
[08:15] | Perhaps he doesn’t really want to hire me. | 也可能他并不是真的想雇我 |
[08:16] | He just wanted someone affiliated with the police | 只是想找个认识警方的人 |
[08:18] | to think that he didn’t know who Species was. | 让对方觉得他并不知道”物种”的真实身份 |
[08:22] | Why are those guys bringing a python into the house? | 这俩人怎么会拿了条蟒蛇来 |
[08:25] | It’s gone now. | 已经不在了 |
[08:32] | Problem? | 有问题吗 |
[08:33] | No, it’s nothing. | 没事 |
[08:33] | It’s just my friend Marnie from medical school. | 是我在医学院的朋友玛尔妮 |
[08:36] | She’s getting married, and even though none of us are 22, | 她要结婚了 虽然我们都早已不是22岁了 |
[08:39] | she’s having a bachelorette party. | 她还是要开个单身派对 |
[08:42] | She says it’s just an excuse for us to get together, | 她说就是找个借口让大家聚聚 |
[08:44] | so we’re gonna meet tomorrow and plan. | 所以我们明天要见面计划一下 |
[08:47] | It involves a lot of texts. | 这事包括很多短信沟通 |
[08:49] | Sounds like you’d rather do anything else. | 听起来你好像宁愿做任何别的事 |
[08:52] | No. She’s a friend. | 不 她是我朋友 |
[08:53] | It’ll be good to see her. | 能见见她挺好的 |
[08:56] | I’ll get in the spirit eventually. | 我总会进入状态的 |
[09:01] | Oh. Is that him? | 是他吗 |
[09:07] | What are you looking for now? | 你现在又想找什么 |
[09:18] | That. | 那个 |
[09:24] | So you want to I.D. him through his gum. | 你想通过他的口香糖来鉴定他的身份 |
[09:26] | Don’t you already have a DNA sample? | 你不是已经有他的DNA样本了吗 |
[09:28] | The hair I found yielded no matches in CODIS, | 我找到的毛发在系统里没有匹配记录 |
[09:32] | but if we can match it to the gum, then we’ll be able | 但如果能跟口香糖上的DNA吻合 |
[09:35] | to confirm that both came from Sucking Chest Wound. | 那就能确定两者都来自”胸之伤”了 |
[09:42] | “Boys In the Woods.” “Cable TV.” What are these? | “林中男孩” “有线电视” 这都是什么啊 |
[09:46] | Look at the last phrase. | 看最后一行 |
[09:48] | “Encore– IOU.” | 安可曲 “借据” |
[09:49] | They’re names of songs. It’s a set list. | 都是歌名 这是个歌单 |
[09:51] | Oh, so what are these in the margins? | 那边上这些又是什么 |
[09:52] | Not a clue. | 不知道 |
[09:54] | But we may have more than a second DNA sample here. | 但我们也许找到了第二份DNA样本以外的线索 |
[09:57] | If we can attribute these songs to a musician, | 如果能把这些歌跟某位歌手联系起来 |
[09:59] | we might be able to identify our man | 那我们也许不用基因对比 |
[10:01] | by means other than genetic. | 也能确定这家伙的身份了 |
[10:12] | Hey. What are you doing down here? | 你在这下面干什么呢 |
[10:21] | 克莱德喜欢的/不喜欢的歌 | |
[10:23] | But how can you tell if Clyde likes it or not? | 你怎么知道克莱德喜不喜欢 |
[10:25] | It’s really obvious if you know what to look for. | 只要知道观察的重点就很容易看出来 |
[10:27] | This particular song is by a group called Fol Chen. | 现在放的这首歌是个叫”拂尘”的组合唱的 |
[10:30] | And its title is “IOU.” | 歌名是”借据” |
[10:34] | Oh, that’s the encore on the set list that Sucking Chest Wound threw away. | 是”胸之伤”丢掉的那张歌单上的安可曲 |
[10:38] | After you went to bed last night, I realized that the notes | 你昨晚去睡后 我想起这边写的这些 |
[10:40] | on this paper refer to volume knobs on a sound board. | 是音板上对应的调音按钮 |
[10:45] | The one song– the bass needs to be louder. | 这首 低音需要开大 |
[10:47] | For another, it’s the drums. | 另一首 要调鼓声 |
[10:49] | Sucking Chest Wound works as a sound engineer. | “胸之伤”是个音响师 |
[10:52] | So, if we can find a club | 所以 如果能找到 |
[10:54] | where Fol Chen played this set recently, | 拂尘组合最近在哪表演过这份歌单 |
[10:56] | we can figure out where he works. | 我们就知道他的工作地点了 |
[10:58] | These songs were played in this order | 这些歌按照这个顺序 |
[10:59] | at a club in Williamsburg three days ago. | 三天前在威廉斯堡的一家俱乐部被表演过 |
[11:02] | The proprietor gave me the name of their sound engineer. | 那里的业主给了我他们音响师的名字 |
[11:06] | Petros Franken. | 彼得罗斯·弗兰肯 |
[11:09] | Sucking Chest Wound. | “胸之伤” |
[11:11] | I gave his name to Detective Bell, and… | 我把他的名字告诉贝尔警探了 |
[11:15] | Mr. Franken has just been taken in for questioning. | 弗兰肯先生已经被带去问话了 |
[11:17] | I didn’t kill Species! Of course I didn’t. | 我没杀”物种” 当然不是我 |
[11:20] | I didn’t even know who he was until you guys arrested me. | 要不是你们抓我来 我连他是谁都不知道 |
[11:22] | Works out pretty well for you if we believe that. | 装得真像 可惜我们不信 |
[11:25] | Come on, Petros. | 得了吧 彼得罗斯 |
[11:26] | He had your hair on his clothes. | 他的衣服上有你的毛发 |
[11:28] | I told you. I never even met him. | 我说过了 我根本没见过他 |
[11:30] | You sent him death threats. | 你给他发过死亡威胁 |
[11:34] | “I wish I could put cancer and Ebola into a cannon | “真希望我能把癌症和埃博拉病毒装进大炮 |
[11:37] | and shoot them at you and your whole family.” | 对准你和你全家开炮” |
[11:39] | That’s just how we talk. | 我们说话就那习惯 |
[11:41] | I got 40 more pages of this stuff. | 这类说法我这儿还有四十多页 |
[11:45] | “I will disembowel you and your entire life. D.I.A.F.” | “我要把你和你整个人生开膛破肚” |
[11:49] | Your friendships continue to present a nuisance? | 你的朋友又惹你心烦了吗 |
[11:52] | Turns out, an ironic bachelorette party | 看来一个讽刺的单身派对 |
[11:53] | requires just as much back-and-forth as a real one. | 也跟真派对一样需要各种你来我往的短信 |
[11:56] | I’m just gonna turn it on silent. | 我要调成静音了 |
[11:58] | We’re going through all your stuff right now. | 我们现在正在检查你的所有物品 |
[12:00] | If we find anything else that ties you to the murder, | 如果找到任何能把你和凶案联系起来的东西 |
[12:03] | you lose your window to cooperate. | 你再想配合就没机会了 |
[12:04] | How can I cooperate? I didn’t do it! | 我怎么配合 不是我干的 |
[12:11] | When did Species die? Exactly. | “物种”什么时候死的 具体时间 |
[12:13] | The M.E. puts the time of death | 法医推测死亡时间为 |
[12:15] | between 7:00 and 8:30 last night. | 昨晚七点到八点半之间 |
[12:17] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[12:20] | I was with Mockingbird. | 我当时跟”嘲笑鸟”在一起 |
[12:21] | She left my place at, like, 7:30. | 她七点半左右才离开我家 |
[12:23] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[12:24] | She’s in Everyone, too? | 她也是”人人”的成员 |
[12:26] | Her real name is Rachel Carter. | 她的真名是瑞秋·卡特 |
[12:28] | She hangs around the chat boards. | 她经常出现在聊天板上 |
[12:29] | I’m… a big deal in the group. | 我可是 聊天板里的重要人物 |
[12:31] | I think she was impressed by that. | 我以为她很崇拜我 |
[12:33] | We traded private messages, started flirting. | 我们单独聊过 互相挑逗 |
[12:36] | She came over for a while last night. | 她昨晚来我这待了一段时间 |
[12:38] | We were… | 我们… |
[12:42] | You know? | 你懂的 |
[12:43] | You can say “having sex.” We’re both adults. | 你可以说”我们上床了” 咱们都是成年人了 |
[12:47] | She works on Wall Street. | 她在华尔街上班 |
[12:49] | Go see her. She’ll tell you. | 去问问她 她会告诉你的 |
[12:55] | No, I’m not sleeping with Petros. | 没有 我没跟彼得罗斯上床 |
[12:58] | Come on. | 怎么可能 |
[12:59] | So he wasn’t with you last night? | 这么说他昨晚没跟你在一起了 |
[13:01] | No. | 没有 |
[13:05] | Look, he’s a funny guy. | 他是个挺有趣的人 |
[13:07] | We’ve exchanged a few messages– some of them were even flirty. | 我们发过几次消息 有的还比较有挑逗性 |
[13:10] | Maybe he thought I’d say we were together because of that. | 可能他因此觉得我会说我们已经是一对了 |
[13:12] | Ms. Carter, you’re an investment banker, | 卡特女士 你是一名投资银行家 |
[13:14] | and yet you’re a member of Everyone. | 可你还是”人人”的一员 |
[13:15] | I’m not a member. | 我不是 |
[13:17] | I go to the boards where they hang out sometimes. | 我只是偶尔去他们的聊天板逛逛 |
[13:19] | It’s fun. You get to be somebody else for a while. | 挺有意思的 有时换个身份也挺好 |
[13:22] | Surely your employers would take issue with your affiliation | 我相信你的老板一定不会同意 |
[13:24] | to an activist group which sometimes espouses an anticapitalist agenda. | 你加入一个反资本主义组织 |
[13:27] | What’s your point? Do you think that I’m lying? | 你什么意思 你觉得我在撒谎吗 |
[13:30] | Well, in my experience, investment bankers | 根据我的经验 投资银行家 |
[13:31] | are very good at concealing untruths. | 非常善于掩盖谎言 |
[13:34] | You already know that I post to the boards. | 你们已经知道我在那个聊天板上发过言了 |
[13:36] | You can tell my boss if you want. | 你们想跟我的老板说就去说吧 |
[13:39] | If I was with Petros, why not just admit it? | 如果我真跟彼得罗斯在一起 为什么不承认呢 |
[13:42] | CSU just finished processing Petros Franken’s car. | 犯罪现场调查小组已经检查完彼得罗斯·弗兰肯的车了 |
[13:45] | They found some blood in the trunk. | 他们在后备箱发现了血迹 |
[13:46] | Looks like it’s a match for the victim. | 应该是受害者的 |
[13:49] | Can I go? | 我能走了吗 |
[13:54] | So I guess that’s that. | 看来就是这样了 |
[13:58] | You did. And she showed up with no pants on. I remember. | 没错 我记得她没穿裤子就来了 |
[14:01] | Okay, wait, Marnie, on a scale of one to ten, | 好了 玛尔妮 以一到十的等级 |
[14:04] | how dumb are we gonna get with this? | 我们可以闹到什么样的程度 |
[14:06] | What’s ten? | 怎么样算是十级 |
[14:08] | I don’t even know. I feel like the scale’s probably moved | 我也不知道 我觉得自从上次我这么疯狂以后 |
[14:10] | since the last time I did this. | 等级已经变了 |
[14:12] | Okay, let’s say strippers? | 好吧 就算是脱衣舞男吧 |
[14:14] | – No? – No. | -不行吗 -不行 |
[14:15] | – Okay. – Well, what’s five? | -好吧 -那五级是什么 |
[14:17] | Five would be, like, a nice dinner. | 五级的话 就是吃顿好饭 |
[14:19] | A couple extra drinks. | 多喝几杯酒 |
[14:22] | Five sounds about right. | 五级就不错 |
[14:24] | Okay, but we have to embarrass Marnie at least once. | 好吧 可我们至少要让玛尔妮出一次丑 |
[14:28] | You have it coming. | 必须的 |
[14:28] | 新开张的加拿大网上药店 回复”是”以获取更多信息 | |
[14:28] | Girls. | 别这样 |
[14:31] | Everything okay? | 有事吗 |
[14:33] | Yeah. I just got a text from Sherlock. | 没事 我刚收到夏洛克的短信 |
[14:35] | He just found a suspect in this case we’re working. | 他刚找到一个我们正在办的案子的嫌疑人 |
[14:38] | Kind of can’t let this go. | 我想我不能跟你们继续聊了 |
[14:42] | No problem. | 没关系的 |
[14:43] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[14:44] | Bummer. | 扫兴 |
[14:46] | I’ll call you guys later, okay? | 我晚点再打给你们 好吗 |
[14:47] | – Okay, good luck. – Have fun. | -好的 祝你好运 -玩得开心 |
[14:52] | You’re home earlier than I expected. | 你回来的比我预期的要早 |
[14:54] | Yeah. I ducked out. | 是的 我找借口先走了 |
[14:55] | I wasn’t really in the spirit. | 没什么心情跟她们聊 |
[14:57] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[14:58] | Just awaiting a visitor. | 在等一位访客 |
[15:10] | Ms. Carter. | 卡特女士 |
[15:11] | Please come in. | 请进 |
[15:21] | I wasn’t entirely satisfied with Ms. Carter’s flat denial | 我不太相信卡特女士对彼得罗斯·弗兰肯 |
[15:24] | of Petros Franken’s alibi. | 不在场证据的否认 |
[15:27] | Didn’t make any sense. | 不合情理 |
[15:28] | Why was he so genuinely relieved to send us to talk to her? | 他为什么能如此坦然地让我们去找她呢 |
[15:33] | A bit of digging revealed that Ms. Carter only goes | 经过一番调查后我发现 |
[15:36] | by the name Rachel Carter in her professional life. | 只有在工作场合卡特女士才叫瑞秋·卡特 |
[15:38] | In her private life, she goes by the name Rachel Eddings. | 其它时候 她的名字叫瑞秋·艾丁斯 |
[15:43] | Her married name. | 她结婚后的名字 |
[15:46] | You denied you were with Petros not to save face | 你否认跟彼得罗斯在一起不是为了 |
[15:49] | with your employers but to save face from your husband. | 给你的老板留面子 而是给你丈夫留面子 |
[15:52] | Telling the truth meant you had to admit to having an affair… | 说出实话就意味着要承认你有婚外情… |
[15:55] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[15:59] | I was going to tell you people anyway. | 我本来就想跟你们说的 |
[16:01] | I lied because I was panicked. | 我说谎是因为我当时太慌张了 |
[16:04] | But I can’t let Petros rot in prison. | 但我不能让彼得罗斯进监狱 |
[16:08] | I was at his apartment that night. | 我那晚确实在他公寓里 |
[16:10] | I left around 7:30. | 大约七点半才走 |
[16:13] | So he’s innocent. | 这么说他是清白的 |
[16:14] | He didn’t commit the murder. | 他没有杀人 |
[16:16] | I’m inclined to agree with you, Watson. | 我倾向于同意你的看法 华生 |
[16:19] | Petros was framed. | 彼得罗斯被陷害了 |
[16:32] | I told you I didn’t do it. | 我跟你说了不是我干的 |
[16:33] | When can I get out of here? | 什么时候能放我出去 |
[16:34] | Unfortunately, | 很不幸 |
[16:35] | Mockingbird’s recantation of her earlier lie | 嘲笑鸟虽然澄清了事实 |
[16:38] | is not enough to overcome the physical evidence against you. | 但这不足以推翻对你不利的物证 |
[16:42] | In order to secure your release, we must prove your innocence. | 想要放了你 我们必须证明你的清白 |
[16:45] | Better still, prove someone else’s guilt. So… | 更好的是 证明犯罪的是别人 所以… |
[16:48] | who had motive and opportunity to kill Species and frame you? | 谁有动机和机会杀害”物种”并嫁祸于你 |
[16:53] | You got to understand, | 你得清楚 |
[16:54] | I’ve helped hack some pretty dangerous people. | 我帮别人黑过一些很危险的人物 |
[16:57] | The CIA, the KKK. | 中情局 三K党 |
[16:59] | Hell, we went after ISIS. | 我们甚至还黑过极端组织 |
[17:01] | If those groups wanted you dead, then you would be dead. | 如果这些组织想弄死你 你早就死了 |
[17:03] | But you are alive. | 可你还活着 |
[17:05] | Erroll “Species” White is the one lying in a refrigerated drawer. | 现在躺在停尸柜里的是”物种”埃罗·怀特 |
[17:09] | He was the target. You’re a patsy. | 他才是目标 你只是个替罪羊 |
[17:11] | A patsy? | 替罪羊 |
[17:12] | You’re a well-known philosophical rival of Species. | 众所周知 你是”物种”的对头 |
[17:15] | The question is not who wants to hurt you, | 问题不在于谁想伤害你 |
[17:17] | but rather who had motive to kill him. | 而是谁有动机要杀他 |
[17:20] | You know, there are several principal lines of inquiry | 在确定一个人的杀人动机时 |
[17:22] | when it comes to determining the motive for a murder. | 有几条重要的调查准则 |
[17:25] | There’s cherchez la femme– look to the woman. | 注意女人[法语] |
[17:28] | Do you remember him posting anything | 你记不记得他发过什么 |
[17:30] | about any toxic romantic entanglements? | 关于感情纠葛的帖子 |
[17:32] | Rule 57 of the Internet: you will never have sex. | 互联网第57条规定 没人会跟你滚床单 |
[17:36] | I’m the exception. | 我是个例外 |
[17:38] | Pretty sure Species wasn’t getting any. | 我很确定”物种”没这优待 |
[17:40] | Like, ever. | 从来没有 |
[17:42] | Another line of inquiry is cui bono. | 另一个调查方向就是获益者 |
[17:44] | Who benefits, hmm? A.K.A. Follow the money. | 谁会获益 即 追踪钱款 |
[17:47] | Could anyone profit from Species’ death, | 谁能从”物种”之死中获益 |
[17:50] | financially or otherwise? | 不管是经济上还是其他方面 |
[17:54] | Species’ Stash. | “物种”的私藏 |
[17:56] | It’s something he mentioned in Inner Sanctum. | 他在内部密所提到过 |
[17:58] | That’s a chat room for, like, Everyone’s top people. | 那是”人人”高层的聊天室 |
[18:02] | Serious hackers, people who control big-time botnets. | 全是黑客高手 控制着有名的僵尸网络 |
[18:05] | We act as, like, a steering committee for Everyone. | 我们引导”人人”的运作方向 |
[18:07] | Species’ Stash? | “物种”的私藏 |
[18:08] | He said that he had this stash of data he’d snagged over the years | 他说几年来他一直掌握一批隐藏数据 |
[18:11] | just to prove he could, | 只为证明他的能力 |
[18:12] | stuff that would blow our minds. | 是能令我们大吃一惊的东西 |
[18:14] | He said he had millions of credit card numbers, | 他说他有几百万个信用卡号 |
[18:16] | complete with passwords and socials. | 连同密码和社保号 |
[18:19] | On the Dark Web, those numbers would sell for eight figures, easy. | 这些卡号在暗网能轻轻松卖到八位数 |
[18:23] | That’s motive, right? | 那就是动机对吧 |
[18:24] | Follow the money. | 追踪钱款 |
[18:27] | Is that a rainbow coming out of that unicorn’s butt? | 那彩虹是从独角兽的屁股里出来的吗 |
[18:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:31] | That is the online profile picture of Pony Pyew Pyew, | 那是”小马跑跑”网络资料的头像 |
[18:35] | member of Everyone’s Inner Sanctum | “人人”内部密所的成员 |
[18:37] | and one of the finest hackers in the world. | 世上最棒的黑客之一 |
[18:39] | He is also, according to my analysis of his online profile, | 据我对他网络资料的分析 |
[18:42] | a resident of Goiania, Brazil, | 他也是巴西戈亚尼亚市居民 |
[18:44] | who has never traveled more than 50 miles from his home. | 从未离家超过八十公里远 |
[18:47] | So not our killer. | 所以他不是我们要找的凶手 |
[18:48] | I’ve also ruled out Twithead, | 我也排除了”呆头呆脑” |
[18:50] | Adramelech and Coldcomfort, | “亚得米勒”和”聊以自慰” |
[18:52] | none of whom has ever set foot in New York. | 他们都没来过纽约 |
[18:55] | Droopsnout suffers from Duchenne muscular dystrophy | “鼻子下垂”身患裘馨氏肌肉萎缩症 |
[18:57] | and is incapable of having stabbed Erroll White to death. | 无力刺死埃罗·怀特 |
[19:01] | What about Killspree? | “杀戮狂欢”呢 |
[19:02] | Uniquely, he doesn’t keep his identity a secret. | 他很特别 没有隐藏自己的身份 |
[19:05] | Maynard Lim lives in Kuala Lumpur | 梅纳德·利姆住在吉隆坡 |
[19:07] | and is the billionaire creator of a popular phone game | 是亿万富翁 做了款流行的手机游戏 |
[19:10] | called Flutter Crow. | 叫乌鸦展翅 |
[19:11] | To him, a collection of credit card numbers would mean nothing. | 对他而言 一堆信用卡号根本没用 |
[19:15] | Which leaves us | 那就剩下 |
[19:16] | with eight unidentified members of Everyone’s Inner Sanctum. | 八名”人人”的内部密所成员了 |
[19:20] | All of whom are proving extremely difficult to unmask. | 全都很难确认身份 |
[19:24] | What’s up with Munkey Versus Shark? | “猴子大战鲨鱼”什么情况 |
[19:26] | Munkey Versus Shark, I suspect, has ADHD. | 我怀疑”猴子大战鲨鱼”有多动症 |
[19:29] | He changes his profile picture constantly, | 他频繁更改资料头像 |
[19:30] | sometimes up to three times a day. | 有时一天改三遍 |
[19:35] | Look at this last one. | 看最后那个 |
[19:36] | Some kind of motorcycle. | 是某种摩托车 |
[19:38] | That’s a Ducati 1199 Superleggera. | 是杜卡迪1199超级轻量版 |
[19:41] | And he’s put the word “Mine” on top of it. | 他还在上面写着 “我的” |
[19:43] | Well, could be a kid’s fantasy. | 也许是儿时的梦想 |
[19:45] | Or maybe someone made a lot of money and bought themselves a treat. | 或是某人刚挣了一大笔钱买来奖励自己的 |
[19:48] | I’ll call Marcus, | 我打给马库斯 |
[19:48] | see if he can track down recent purchases | 看他能否查到最近购买的 |
[19:50] | of limited edition Italian motorcycles. | 限量版意大利摩托车 |
[19:56] | Caleb Hill? NYPD. | 迦勒·希尔吗 我们是纽约警局的 |
[19:59] | You guys here about the guy who cut me off? | 你们来这是为了那个拦我去路的人吗 |
[20:00] | ‘Cause I’m totally gonna sue. | 我可要告他 |
[20:02] | You drove your brand-new Ducati through a red light | 你开着崭新的杜卡迪闯红灯 |
[20:04] | at triple the speed limit. | 车速比限速快了两倍 |
[20:06] | The guy whose truck you broadsided | 你侧撞的那辆卡车司机 |
[20:07] | is more likely to sue you. | 更可能告你呢 |
[20:09] | It’s a good thing you just made all that cash off of Species’ Stash. | 好在你刚用”物种”的私藏狠赚了一笔 |
[20:15] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[20:17] | Come on. That bike, top-end computer, | 拜托 那辆车 高端电脑 |
[20:19] | new smartphone, flat screen TV. | 新款智能手机 平板电视 |
[20:22] | Been spending a lot of money the last few days | 对一个不工作的计算机科学学生而言 |
[20:24] | for an unemployed computer science student. | 你最近几天可花了不少钱呢 |
[20:26] | And all from selling only a fraction of the Stash. | 这些还只是卖了私藏的一小部分 |
[20:29] | And before you lodge any further protests, | 在你提出抗议之前 |
[20:31] | you’re currently chatting on Everyone’s Inner Sanctum. | 你可是正在”人人”内部密所聊天呢 |
[20:33] | Which only confirms | 正好证实了 |
[20:34] | what the NYPD’s Computer Crimes Division already uncovered. | 纽约警局计算机犯罪部门的发现 |
[20:37] | You’re the hacker known as Munkey Versus Shark, | 你就是名为”猴子大战鲨鱼”的黑客 |
[20:40] | you’re in possession of credit card numbers | 手握”物种”埃罗·怀特 |
[20:41] | illegally obtained by Erroll “Species” White, | 非法获取的信用卡号 |
[20:43] | and you’re in the process of | 且正把它们放在 |
[20:45] | auctioning them off on Dark Web Internet sites. | 暗网网站上竞拍 |
[20:50] | I want a lawyer. | 我要律师 |
[20:51] | That’s a good idea. Murder is a serious charge. | 这就对了 谋杀可是很严重的指控哦 |
[20:54] | Hey, I didn’t kill Species. That was the CIA or whatever. | 我没杀”物种” 是中情局或是谁干的 |
[20:57] | Play it how you want, but this can go two ways. | 尽管耍花招 但事实只有两种可能 |
[21:00] | You tell us your story, | 告诉我们实情 |
[21:01] | maybe you get off light for the theft and the credit card sales; | 也许盗窃和贩卖信用卡罪能从轻发落 |
[21:04] | or we go at you for White’s death, | 否则你成为怀特谋杀案的首要嫌疑人 |
[21:06] | and you get to trade this private room for a shared cell. | 你就得从这件私人病房转到公共牢房了 |
[21:10] | Now, that’s a pretty nasty tib-fib fracture you’ve got. | 你骨折蛮严重的 |
[21:14] | Looks like they did a double fasciotomy. | 看来医生做了双筋膜切开术 |
[21:16] | You know, non-union fractures are common with that type of injury. | 不愈合骨折在这类伤势中很常见 |
[21:19] | You’re gonna have to be very careful with your rehab. | 你的康复治疗要非常小心才行 |
[21:21] | It’s tough to do that at Rikers Island. | 在莱克斯岛监狱可有点难 |
[21:26] | Look, it wasn’t that big a deal. | 这事没那么严重 |
[21:29] | After Species spilled about his Stash, I got dox on him. | “物种”谈起他的私藏后 我查了他的身份 |
[21:32] | I found out his real name, where he lived, | 找出了他的真实姓名 住址 |
[21:34] | and I went by, I scoped the place out. | 我去了一趟 仔细观察了一番 |
[21:36] | The security in his building was crap, | 他住处的安保系统烂透了 |
[21:37] | so I waited for him to go to work and then… | 所以我等他上班以后 |
[21:39] | You broke and entered? How old-fashioned. | 你闯了进去 真老套 |
[21:41] | I learned how to pick locks on YouTube. | 我从YouTube上学会了开锁 |
[21:44] | I got in, took his laptop, | 我进去拿了他的笔记本 |
[21:46] | every memory stick I could find, and got out. | 所有能找到的记忆卡 就走了 |
[21:47] | But that was three weeks ago. | 但那是三周前的事了 |
[21:49] | In all that time, Species never came after me. | 这么久了 “物种”从没追查过我 |
[21:50] | He had no idea who ripped him off. | 他根本不知道谁抢了他 |
[21:53] | Look, I got what I wanted. | 我已经拿到我想要的了 |
[21:54] | I had no reason to go back and kill the guy. | 我没理由回去杀他 |
[21:56] | Let’s say that we believe you. | 就当我们信你好了 |
[21:58] | Who did it? | 谁干的 |
[21:59] | Surely you and the rest of the Inner Sanctum | 你和内部密所的其他成员 |
[22:00] | must have a theory– beyond the CIA. | 肯定有想法吧 除了中情局以外 |
[22:04] | Nobody knows anything solid. | 没人知道实情 |
[22:07] | Well, except maybe Species. | 也许除了”物种”本人 |
[22:10] | Explain that. | 解释解释 |
[22:11] | Species’ Stash wasn’t just credit card numbers. | “物种”的私藏里可不是只有信用卡号 |
[22:14] | He had records of every hack he’d ever done. | 那里面保存着他所有黑客行为的记录 |
[22:16] | A list of flaws in government | 各种政府和企业 |
[22:17] | and corporate Web sites, and chat logs | 网站中的漏洞 |
[22:19] | of every online conversation he ever had. | 以及他所有网上聊天的记录 |
[22:22] | Even the ones from Inner Sanctum. | 包括和内部秘所成员的对话 |
[22:26] | Cut me loose… | 放过我 |
[22:28] | I’ll hand over the entire thing. | 我就把所有的东西都交给你们 |
[22:39] | Behold. | 请看 |
[22:40] | Species’ Stash. | “物种”的私藏 |
[22:42] | I was expecting a thumb drive or an e-mail link. | 我以为会是一个U盘或者一个邮件地址 |
[22:46] | Well, our tech guys say the Stash included | 技术组说私藏里 |
[22:48] | some pretty nasty computer viruses and hacking tools. | 还有很多厉害的电脑病毒和黑客工具 |
[22:51] | The FBI and the NSA aren’t excited | 联调局和国安局 |
[22:53] | about letting them out into the wild. | 可不希望这些东西走漏出去 |
[22:55] | Paper distribution is standard policy | 使用纸质文件 |
[22:57] | for this sort of evidence. | 是处理这种证物的标准程序 |
[22:58] | Enjoy. | 好好享受 |
[23:07] | There must be thousands of pages here. | 这里起码有上千页的文件 |
[23:09] | 26 boxes, approximately 4,000 sheets a box– | 一共二十六箱 一箱四千页左右 |
[23:11] | that’s roughly 104,000 sheets. | 加起来大概一共十万零四千页 |
[23:14] | The search will be | 整个搜寻过程 |
[23:15] | exceedingly tedious; but one must, from time to time, | 将会非常冗长 但是作为侦探 |
[23:17] | outwork criminals as well as outthink them. | 有时候不仅靠智慧还要靠努力工作抓到罪犯 |
[23:22] | All right, we may as well get started. | 好吧 那我们现在就开始吧 |
[23:26] | Aren’t you supposed to be dining | 你今晚不是本该和 |
[23:27] | with your bachelorette planning committee tonight? | 单身派对策划委员会的朋友一起吃晚饭吗 |
[23:29] | No, I told them I was busy. | 不 我和她们说我有事要忙 |
[23:33] | Your behavior has been troublingly incongruous of late. | 你最近的行为有些反常 |
[23:37] | Has it? | 是吗 |
[23:38] | You avoided conversation at the library the other day. | 那天在图书馆你拒绝谈心 |
[23:41] | And now you’ve come up with a feeble excuse | 现在你又用一个毫无说服力的借口 |
[23:42] | to extricate yourself from a potentially enjoyable | 拒绝了一次可能使你 |
[23:44] | social engagement. | 心情愉悦的社交 |
[23:45] | We have work to do. | 我们还有工作要忙 |
[23:47] | Your rededication to the detective lifestyle has been admirable. | 你重新投身于侦探生活 这值得钦佩 |
[23:51] | But on more than one occasion, I have been forced | 但我不止一次地想尝试 |
[23:53] | to initiate conversation with you. | 和你谈心 |
[23:55] | You’ve been unsympathetic to witness and suspect alike. | 你不再对证人和嫌犯表现出同情 |
[23:58] | And now you are withdrawing from longtime friendships | 现在你又拒绝和老朋友交往 |
[24:01] | because they are inconvenient to your mood. | 就因为你现在没有心情 |
[24:05] | That doesn’t work for me. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[24:07] | That doesn’t work for you? | 你不喜欢这样吗 |
[24:09] | Our relationship is predicated | 我们的关系是基于 |
[24:11] | on one Holmes and one Watson. | 一个福尔摩斯和一个华生之上的 |
[24:14] | It’s a delicate homeostasis, | 这是一个微妙的平衡状态 |
[24:16] | and it doesn’t function properly if there are | 但如果有两个福尔摩斯而没有华生的话 |
[24:18] | two Holmeses and no Watsons. | 是无法运转下去的 |
[24:21] | So while I am sensitive that this is likely a ripple effect | 我的理解是 这是由于那次悲剧 |
[24:24] | from the tragedy, | 而产生的连锁反应 |
[24:25] | turning yourself into me in response | 你因为那件事而变成我这种性格 |
[24:28] | is not good for our partnership. | 这对我们的关系没有好处 |
[24:30] | I am not turning myself into you. | 我并没有变成你 |
[24:31] | I am finding my way through my situation. | 我正在试图解决我自己的问题 |
[24:33] | Whether or not that works for you is irrelevant. | 无论你是否能够接受 |
[24:36] | This is where I am right now, and this is how I need to be. | 这就是现在的我 也是我愿意成为的样子 |
[24:59] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[25:01] | I’m tapping “Wake up, Watson” in Morse code. | 我在用摩尔斯电码打”起床了 华生” |
[25:04] | At around 4:00 A.M., | 在早上四点的时候 |
[25:04] | I noticed an odd detail in Species’ chats with his fellow | 我注意到了”物种”和内部秘所成员聊天记录中 |
[25:08] | Inner Sanctum members. | 一个奇怪的地方 |
[25:09] | There’s nothing but odd, the way they talk to each other, | 不管是说话的方式 还是他们的幽默感 |
[25:12] | what they think is funny… | 全都怪怪的 |
[25:14] | Are you familiar with the concept | 你听说过电报员的”手势” |
[25:15] | of a telegraph operator’s fist? | 这个概念吗 |
[25:18] | No. | 没有 |
[25:19] | A “Fist” is the technical term | “手势”是一个专业术语 |
[25:21] | for each telegraph operator’s idiosyncratic style. | 指每个电报员操作时自身特有的手法 |
[25:25] | How long are their dashes? How fast are their dots? | “划”有多长 “点”有多快 |
[25:28] | During the Second World War, | 二战期间 |
[25:29] | Allied intelligence was able to identify | 同盟军的情报机关 |
[25:31] | specific German telegraph operators by their fists. | 能通过”手势”直接辨认德国电报员 |
[25:34] | So while they couldn’t necessarily decode | 因此即使无法破解电码的内容 |
[25:36] | the messages, they could, for example, | 他们也能 比如说 |
[25:37] | determine at any given time where General Rommel was | 通过搜寻特定的电报员 |
[25:40] | by searching for the fist of his telegraph operator. | 在任何时间来定位隆美尔将军的位置 |
[25:43] | So you think there’s something odd | 你认为”物种” |
[25:45] | about the way that Species types his chat messages. | 输入聊天信息的”手势”有些蹊跷 |
[25:48] | Indeed. Species has two fists. | 没错 “物种”有两种手势 |
[25:53] | Note the carriage returns. | 注意那些回车符 |
[26:00] | Well, he presses send more often in this conversation than that one. | 他在这些对话中按发送的频率比那些高 |
[26:04] | 1.5 times more often. | 高了一点五倍 |
[26:05] | And this acceleration of sends | 而这种频率的转换 |
[26:07] | follows a fairly regular schedule. | 也是有规律的 |
[26:09] | For approximately 12 hours on any given day, | 在一天中大约十二小时的时间里 |
[26:11] | Species hits send about every 15 words. | “物种”每十五个词按一下发送键 |
[26:14] | Then, suddenly, for the next 12 hours, | 然后 突然间 在之后的十二小时里 |
[26:15] | he hits send every ten words. | 他每十个词就按一下发送键 |
[26:17] | Two different fists. | 完全是两种手势 |
[26:19] | You think there are two different Species? | 你觉得”物种”是两个人 |
[26:21] | Species served as a kind of hall monitor for Everyone. | “物种”相当于是”人人”里的纠察队长 |
[26:24] | He kept an eye out for over-the-line behavior. | 他监视着各种违规行为 |
[26:27] | But protecting a collection of computer-addicted narcissists | 但维持一群网瘾自恋狂团体的秩序 |
[26:29] | from itself is a 24-hour-a-day endeavor. | 是一项全天候的工作 |
[26:34] | So he split the labor. | 所以他找其他人分工 |
[26:36] | More precisely… | 更准确来说 |
[26:39] | Errol White shared the Species persona | 埃罗·怀特是和这个人共同扮演 |
[26:43] | with this person. | “物种”这个角色 |
[26:44] | Tessee. | “泰丝” |
[26:46] | Tessee has the exact same fist as the second Species. | “泰丝”第二个”物种”有同一种”手势” |
[26:49] | Moreover, Tessee is never online when Species Two is active. | 而且 第二个”物种”在线时”泰丝”都是离线的 |
[26:53] | Tessee. | “泰丝” |
[26:55] | I noticed her… him. | 我注意过她 或是他 |
[26:57] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[26:59] | Tessee was all over the Everyone chat rooms | “物种”死后 “泰丝”在 |
[27:01] | after Species’ death. | “人人”的聊天室里留了很多言 |
[27:03] | Tessee’s political, like Species, | 和”物种”一样 “泰丝”也有政治倾向 |
[27:05] | but when she posts as Tessee, she’s way more radical. | 但她用”泰丝”这个名字时要激进很多 |
[27:09] | She wants Everyone to avenge Species, | 她希望”人人”为”物种”复仇 |
[27:11] | and she’s been pushing something called Operation Right Nut. | 而且她还在推行一项叫”右翼党行动”的计划 |
[27:14] | No one stood to gain more from Species’s death | 没有人能比那个希望将”人人”政治化的派别 |
[27:17] | than the faction which looked to politicize Everyone. | 能从”物种”的死亡上获益更多了 |
[27:21] | They gain support; | 他们获得了更多的认同 |
[27:21] | their pet causes become the pet causes of the entire group. | 他们的私心变成了”人人”的集体诉求 |
[27:25] | It’s classic false flag. | 这是个经典虚晃手段 |
[27:26] | The death of Species strengthens his side of the schism, | “物种”的死亡让他们的派别获得了更多支持 |
[27:29] | while Sucking Chest Wound’s anarchist faction | 而”胸之伤”的无政府主义派 |
[27:31] | is utterly destroyed. | 被完全瓦解了 |
[27:33] | So, in other words, you think Species was killed by Species. | 也就是说 你认为是”物种”杀了”物种” |
[27:45] | You think Tessee’s the one who killed Species? | 你认为是”泰丝”杀了”物种”吗 |
[27:47] | Cui bono. | 获益者嘛 |
[27:48] | With Species dead, Tessee benefits. | “物种”死了 “泰丝”得益 |
[27:52] | His death helps her advance her agenda | 他的死有助于推进她的计划 |
[27:54] | and pit Everyone against targets more political in nature. | 并且让”人人”攻击更有政治性的目标 |
[27:57] | Framing you helps, too. | 陷害你也一样 |
[27:59] | You didn’t want to politicize the group; | 你不希望组织政治化 |
[28:00] | you wanted more anarchy. | 你更想要无领导状态 |
[28:02] | So with you in jail, she has one less voice against her plan. | 你进监狱了 那她就又少了一个反对者 |
[28:05] | Tessee’s always been a little edgy. | “泰丝”一直都很激进 |
[28:08] | Do you know anything about her in real life? | 你了解现实生活中的她吗 |
[28:11] | I mean, I don’t even know if Tessee’s a her. | 我都不知道”泰丝”是不是个女的 |
[28:14] | She says she’s 16 and lives in Manitoba, | 她说她16岁 家住马尼托巴 |
[28:16] | but I never bought that. | 但我一直不信 |
[28:18] | I mean, none of us tells the truth about that stuff. | 没人在网络上表明真实身份 |
[28:21] | She’s pushing something called Operation Right Nut. | 她正在发起”右翼党行动” |
[28:23] | She wants to hit the Atherton Foundation. | 她想攻击艾瑟顿基金会 |
[28:26] | The Atherton Foundation is a think tank. | 艾瑟顿基金会是个智囊团 |
[28:28] | Conservative in the extreme. | 极端保守派 |
[28:30] | Tessee, as Tessee, has been trying | “泰丝” 用这个身份时已经鼓动 |
[28:31] | to stir up a hack against Atherton for months. | 攻击艾瑟顿基金会好几个月了 |
[28:35] | Operation Right Nut. | “右翼党行动” |
[28:38] | Species came out against it. | “物种”曾反对这一行动 |
[28:39] | I’m guessing that’s when… Errol was at the wheel. | 我想那是埃罗还是使用帐号的时候 |
[28:43] | He didn’t like Atherton either, but… | 他虽然也不喜欢艾瑟顿基金会 但… |
[28:45] | thought a hack against them would be too dangerous. | 他认为攻击他们太危险了 |
[28:50] | You said you’re with the NYPD. | 你说你们是纽约警局的人 |
[28:52] | We’re big supporters of law enforcement. | 我们很愿意配合执法部门工作 |
[28:54] | You’re partisan hacks who twist facts until they cohere | 你们是一群乌合之众 歪曲事实 |
[28:57] | into a preexisting viewpoint, all whilst hiding behind | 直到别人接受原有观点 用”智囊团” |
[29:00] | the seemingly academic label of “Think tank.” | 这种学术标语粉饰太平 |
[29:03] | I despise you and people of your ilk on both sides of the aisle. | 我鄙视你和两党派中类似你这样的人 |
[29:06] | That said, we’re here to warn you that your foundation | 尽管如此 我们是过来警告你 |
[29:08] | may be the target of the hacker collective Everyone. | 你们基金会可能是”人人”黑客组织的攻击目标 |
[29:11] | You might want to get your cyber house in order. | 你最好防护好你的网络系统 |
[29:14] | We would hate for your carefully concealed donor lists | 我们不希望你们小心隐藏的捐赠名单 |
[29:16] | to become public knowledge. | 被公之于众 |
[29:19] | Thank you for your concern. | 谢谢关心 |
[29:22] | I’ll walk you out. | 我送你们出去 |
[29:23] | Wait, you’re not worried? | 慢着 你不担心吗 |
[29:24] | We’ve seen what Everyone can do. | 我们见识过”人人”的能耐 |
[29:26] | We have top flight security in place– | 这里拥有一流的安保系统 |
[29:28] | virtual and otherwise. | 不管线上还是线下 |
[29:30] | We can handle some… computerized mob. | 一些懂电脑的强盗 我们还是能应付的 |
[29:36] | You know, I couldn’t help but notice | 我不禁注意到 |
[29:37] | that many of your staff are discreetly armed. | 你的很多员工都谨慎地武装起来 |
[29:40] | They also seem to be in very good shape. | 而且身姿矫健 |
[29:41] | What exactly is it that you do here again? | 你们这里具体是做什么的来着 |
[29:44] | As I said, thank you for your concern. | 如我之前所说 谢谢关心 |
[30:02] | Just got off the phone with our frenemy, | 刚跟一位友敌通过电话 |
[30:04] | Agent McNally at the NSA. | 国安局的麦克纳探员 |
[30:06] | He refused to discuss the Atherton Foundation. | 他拒绝透露阿瑟顿基金会的事 |
[30:09] | But the way in which he refused to discuss it | 但他越是不肯详谈 |
[30:11] | leads me to believe that they do, in fact, | 就越让我相信 |
[30:13] | have some government affiliation. | 这个基金会跟政府之间有猫腻 |
[30:16] | Sounds like Everyone might be biting off more than they can chew. | 看来”人人”这回是蚍蜉撼树 螳臂当车了 |
[30:21] | I owe you a bit of an apology. | 我应该跟你道个歉 |
[30:23] | I attempted to express my concern for you last night, | 我昨晚想表达我对你的关心 |
[30:26] | but my thoughts were distorted by the lens of my own needs. | 但我让自己的私欲干扰了思绪 |
[30:29] | It was not optimally done. | 没有表达到位 |
[30:31] | Oh, that’s okay. | 没关系 |
[30:34] | What I was trying to say was that one of the things | 我想说的是 我从我们合作中 |
[30:37] | I’ve gained from our collaboration | 得到的收获之一是 |
[30:39] | is a working definition of the word “Friendship.” | 在工作中对”友谊”的定义 |
[30:43] | Friendship, I’ve come to believe, | 我慢慢觉得 友情 |
[30:45] | is most accurately defined as two people | 最恰当的定义是 |
[30:47] | moving towards the best aspects of one another. | 两个人互相学习对方最好的品质 |
[30:50] | It is a relationship of mutual benefit, mutual gain. | 两个人在这段关系中共同获益 互惠互利 |
[30:54] | Another thing I’ve learned | 我从中学到的另一件事是 |
[30:56] | is that my isolationist tendencies are decidedly… | 我的孤僻性格绝对… |
[30:59] | not my best quality. | 不是我的最佳品质 |
[31:01] | I am not a better person because of a lack of connection. | 因为缺乏与人交流 我成为不了更出色的人 |
[31:06] | So I think the healthy thing | 所以我觉得你最好 |
[31:07] | is for you not to move in my direction. | 不要朝我这个方向发展 |
[31:12] | I-In fact… quite the opposite. | 而是向相反方向发展 |
[31:17] | That’s worth thinking about. | 值得认真思索 |
[31:20] | Once we find Tessee, of course. | 当然要先找到”泰丝” |
[31:23] | Species’ murderous protege is proving elusive. | “物种”的行凶门徒很难找 |
[31:26] | Then I say we make Tessee come to us. | 那就让”泰丝”来找我们 |
[31:30] | Now, Tessee uses this catchphrase | 当”泰丝”进入或离开聊天室时 |
[31:32] | whenever he or she enters or leaves a chat. | “泰丝”习惯用这个口头禅 |
[31:35] | AOR “A.O.R.” | |
[31:37] | I dug around a bit, and found a post where it was explained. | 我查了一下 在一个帖子上找到解释 |
[31:40] | “Ariel! Ookla! Ride!” | “爱丽儿 乌克拉 上马” |
[31:42] | And those words are supposed to mean something? | 这都是什么意思 |
[31:44] | It’s the battle cry of Thundarr the Barbarian. | 是《野蛮人桑达》的战斗口号 |
[31:47] | He’s a cartoon character from the ’80s. | 桑达是八十年代一部动画片的主角 |
[31:49] | My brother was a huge fan. | 我哥特别喜欢看 |
[31:50] | As is Tessee. | “泰丝”也是 |
[31:51] | Not just a fan, | 不仅如此 |
[31:52] | but a serious collector of Thundarr memorabilia. | 他还是桑达纪念品的狂热收藏家 |
[31:56] | Now, look at this user on this Thundarr fan board. | 看下这个桑达粉丝留言区的用户 |
[32:00] | Now, MokPrincess uses the same | “莫克公主”的头像跟”泰丝”一样 |
[32:02] | profile picture as Tessee and has the same fist. | 而且使用相同的手势 |
[32:06] | MokPrincess is Tessee. | “莫克公主”就是”泰丝” |
[32:07] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[32:08] | And, from what I’ve read, is obsessed with obtaining | 我从这些信息中读出 他一心想要收集 |
[32:12] | a limited edition Ookla the Mok lunch box. | 一个限量版的莫克之乌克拉饭盒 |
[32:15] | You have a plan? | 你有对策了吗 |
[32:16] | On the Everyone sites, | 在”人人”网站上 |
[32:17] | they’re always talking about how the most powerful hack | 他们一直在谈论最厉害的黑客攻击 |
[32:19] | is social engineering– tricking people into doing what you want. | 就是社会工程师 蛊惑别人为自己效力 |
[32:23] | So all I have to do is post on this fan board | 所以我只需在留言板上发布 |
[32:26] | how I found my childhood Ookla the Mok lunch box | 我在打扫父母房子时 找到了 |
[32:29] | while I was cleaning my parents’ place out. | 我童年使用的莫克之乌克拉饭盒 |
[32:31] | I’ll say that I don’t want it, | 我会说 我不想要 |
[32:32] | but I’m willing to give it away | 但我愿意送给 |
[32:33] | to the first person who meets me and asks me for it. | 第一个见到我并问我要它的人 |
[32:37] | Do you, in fact, have an Ookla lunch box? | 你有那个乌克拉饭盒吗 |
[32:39] | I don’t need one. | 我不用真有 |
[32:42] | The promise will lure people to a public place, | 这样的允诺会把人引到公众场合 |
[32:45] | where I can get a good look at them, | 我可以近距离观察他们 |
[32:46] | maybe even sneak a picture. | 也许还能偷拍张照片 |
[32:50] | I’ll tell them I already gave the lunch box away, | 我会告诉他们 那个饭盒已经送出去了 |
[32:52] | but that I think my brother might still have his. | 但我哥可能还留着他的 |
[32:57] | All they have to do is leave me their contact info, | 他们只需将联系方式留给我 |
[32:59] | and I’ll get in touch. | 我会和他们联系 |
[33:03] | So the question is: | 所以问题来了 |
[33:04] | how bad does Tessee want that lunch box? | “泰丝”究竟有多想要那个午餐盒 |
[33:13] | Brady Dietz. 29 years old, single, | 布雷迪·迪茨 二十九岁 单身 |
[33:16] | and fond of cartoon barbarians– but you knew that already. | 并且喜欢动画野蛮人 不过你早就知道了 |
[33:20] | You forgot socially awkward and vaguely creepy. | 你忘了加上不善社交和有点吓人 |
[33:23] | Dietz studied information technology | 迪茨在宾厄姆顿理工 |
[33:24] | at Binghamton Polytechnic until he was expelled | 学习信息技术 直到因为黑进电脑系统 |
[33:27] | for hacking their computer system and altering his friend’s grades. | 更改了他朋友的学分而被开除 |
[33:30] | One of a handful of infractions, all involving computers, | 这只是数项违规之一 其他也都涉及电脑 |
[33:33] | none of which has stopped him | 这些都没有阻止他 |
[33:35] | finding steady work as a freelance programmer. | 成为一名稳定的自由程序员 |
[33:38] | He fits the profile. | 他符合条件 |
[33:39] | Mm, to a T. | 十分符合 |
[33:40] | He also works from his home, in Brooklyn. | 他还是在家工作的 在布鲁克林 |
[33:47] | Excuse me, Brady. | 打扰一下 布雷迪 |
[33:49] | You’re the lunchbox lady. | 你是那个午餐盒女士 |
[33:52] | Who’s he? | 他是谁 |
[33:52] | Oh, you and I are old friends. | 你和我是老朋友了 |
[33:54] | You once had me defend the romantic | 有一次你让我辩护一名 |
[33:56] | interests of a fictional werewolf. | 虚构狼人的罗曼史 |
[33:59] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[34:01] | Oh, I think you do, Tessee. | 我觉得你懂的 “泰丝” |
[34:02] | Or do you prefer MokPrincess or Species? | 或者叫”莫公主”还是”物种” |
[34:05] | Anything other than Brady Dietz, I imagine. | 我猜除了叫布雷迪·迪茨都可以吧 |
[34:08] | Leave me alone. | 离我远点 |
[34:09] | We’re with the NYPD. | 我们是纽约警局的 |
[34:10] | You’re gonna have to speak with us eventually. | 你最终还是要和我们谈的 |
[34:11] | No. Go away. | 不会 走开 |
[34:13] | Why did you kill Erroll White? Hmm? | 你为什么要杀了埃罗·怀特 |
[34:16] | Was it as simple as a philosophical gap? | 是不是简单地因为哲学上的差异 |
[34:18] | You must’ve been friends at some point. | 你们肯定有一段时间是朋友 |
[34:20] | You shared the Species handle. | 你们分享”物种”这个代号 |
[34:22] | Did you meet to discuss your differences in person? | 你们是不是见面来谈论你俩的分歧了 |
[34:24] | You’re not very good in person, are you? | 你在面谈时不那么友好 对吧 |
[34:26] | Maybe he intimidated you, | 也许是他恐吓你了 |
[34:28] | got physical, so you grabbed the sword. | 之后动了手 所以你抓起了刀 |
[34:32] | Where were you on Thursday night? | 周四晚上你在哪里 |
[34:33] | Uh, I-I was… on-online, | 我在 网上 |
[34:36] | video chatting with my girlfriend; she’s from Manitoba. | 和我女友视频聊天 她在曼尼托巴 |
[34:38] | What did you do with the Japanese short sword? | 那日本短刀你怎么处理的 |
[34:40] | Is it in your apartment, hidden under the mattress perhaps? | 或许是在你公寓里 藏在床垫下边 |
[34:43] | I don’t have it. | 不在我手上 |
[34:48] | FBI. Please step away from Mr. Dietz. | 联邦调查局 请远离迪茨先生 |
[34:50] | We’re with the NYPD. | 我们是纽约警局的 |
[34:52] | I know who you are, Ms. Watson, Mr. Holmes. | 我知道你们是谁 华生女士 福尔摩斯先生 |
[34:54] | You seem to have us at a disadvantage, Agent… | 我们的信息似乎不太对等 探员贵姓… |
[34:57] | Branch. | 布兰奇 |
[34:58] | Did he just text you? | 他是不是刚发短信给你了 |
[35:00] | Get in the car, Brady. | 上车 布雷迪 |
[35:01] | He is a murder suspect. We need to talk to him. | 他是凶杀案嫌犯 我们需要和他谈话 |
[35:04] | I can’t allow that. | 这我不能允许 |
[35:05] | Mr. Dietz is part of an ongoing FBI investigation. | 布雷迪先生参与了联调局正在进行的调查 |
[35:09] | He’s an informant… against Everyone. | 他是名线人 针对”人人”的 |
[35:13] | Your pet rat has just killed a man, Erroll White. | 你的间谍宠物刚杀了一个人 埃罗·怀特 |
[35:16] | They shared an online identity, right up until the murder. | 在谋杀前他们一直共用一个在线身份 |
[35:20] | And when did this happen? | 这是什么时候发生的 |
[35:22] | Thursday night between 7:00 and 8:30. | 周四晚 七点到八点半之间 |
[35:24] | Brady was with me from 6:00 to 9:00 on Thursday. | 周四从六点到九点布雷迪都和我在一起 |
[35:27] | He was giving me an update. | 他在给我做汇报 |
[35:29] | I’m sorry. You’re done with him. | 很抱歉 你们不能再找他了 |
[35:35] | The hell was that? | 那是怎么回事 |
[35:36] | That was the FBI alibiing our best suspect. | 那是联调局为我们的第一嫌疑人开脱 |
[35:48] | The FBI agent, Branch– you think she lied to you? | 那个联调局特工 布兰奇 你觉得她在说谎 |
[35:51] | In order to alibi Brady Dietz. | 为了帮布雷迪·迪茨开脱 |
[35:53] | Most likely ’cause she doesn’t want to give up a key asset | 很有可能是为了不想失去这一个 |
[35:55] | in her investigation into Everyone. | 她用来调查”人人”的关键资源 |
[35:56] | Yeah. We were hoping you could call someone at the Bureau, | 我们正期望你能给局里某人打个电话 |
[35:59] | put pressure on Branch. | 给布兰奇一点压力 |
[36:00] | It’s not that simple. | 没那么简单 |
[36:02] | You’re asking me to accuse a federal agent of covering up a murder. | 你在请求我去指控联邦特工掩盖谋杀案 |
[36:05] | ‘Cause she did. | 她就是这么做的 |
[36:06] | Brady Dietz killed Erroll White. | 布雷迪·迪茨杀了埃罗·怀特 |
[36:08] | We’re certain of it. | 我们很确定 |
[36:09] | Why? So he could sic Everyone | 为什么 让他可以用带”人人” |
[36:11] | on some think tank no one’s ever heard of? | 攻击某个没人听说过的智囊团吗 |
[36:13] | As I mentioned, we have reason to believe | 我之前说过 我们有证据相信 |
[36:15] | that Atherton has some covert government connection. | 艾瑟顿与政府有着某种秘密关系 |
[36:18] | Look, you bring me solid evidence, | 你带来真凭实据 |
[36:20] | establish probable cause, I’ll put cuffs on God himself. | 做出合理推断 就是上帝我也能拷回来 |
[36:24] | But until then, there’s nothing I can do. | 但在那之前 我无能为力 |
[36:32] | Well, he has a point. I mean, why would an FBI agent | 他说得有理 我是说 联调局特工怎么会 |
[36:35] | let Everyone hack into a government front? | 让”人人”黑客黑进政府体系 |
[36:37] | Maybe she didn’t know about it. | 也许她不知道这事 |
[36:38] | No, she must. | 不 她肯定知道 |
[36:40] | It’s no secret that Dietz, as Tessee, | 谁都知道迪茨 作为”泰丝” |
[36:42] | has been agitating for Operation Right Nut. | 一直在鼓动右翼党行动 |
[36:45] | If Branch is letting it proceed, | 如果布兰奇让它继续 |
[36:46] | it’s ’cause she wants it to proceed. | 那就是她想让它继续 |
[36:47] | Question is: why? | 问题是 为什么 |
[36:50] | Hey, I’m gonna call out for Thai. Do you want anything? | 我要叫泰国菜外卖 你想要什么吗 |
[36:54] | Oh, hi. I didn’t realize we had company. | 我不知道咱们有客人 |
[36:57] | Briggs. | 布里格斯 |
[36:58] | Forensic accounting. | 法务会计师 |
[37:00] | Okay. Do you want Thai? | 好吧 你想要泰国菜吗 |
[37:03] | You’ve met Briggs. | 你见过布里格斯了 |
[37:04] | Very good. | 太好了 |
[37:05] | There is no one better at digging into the marrow of a company. | 没人比他更能挖进公司的骨髓了 |
[37:08] | I asked him to have a look at the inner workings | 我叫他帮我调查一下 |
[37:10] | of the Atherton Foundation. | 艾瑟顿基金会的内部情况 |
[37:11] | Well, did he find anything? | 他找到什么了吗 |
[37:13] | The long and short of it is | 长话短说就是 |
[37:14] | much of the money to fund Atherton came from Wayne Vachs. | 艾瑟顿大部分基金来自于维恩·瓦克斯 |
[37:17] | As in Vachs Geological? | 瓦克斯地理的那个人吗 |
[37:19] | Miner of rare earth, fracker of oil | 挖掘稀土元素 原油 |
[37:22] | and champion of conservative politics. | 保守政策的急先锋 |
[37:23] | Now, Vachs founded Atherton. | 那么 瓦克斯组建了艾瑟顿基金会 |
[37:26] | Atherton, in turn, | 艾瑟顿 作为回报 |
[37:27] | helped forge the Domestic Security Alliance Council, or D-SAC. | 帮助组建了国内安全联盟委员会 简称D-SAC |
[37:31] | It’s a federal office which helps | 那是一家联邦机关 |
[37:33] | coordinate FBI and Homeland Security investigations | 跟国内大型公司的内部安保部门一同 |
[37:36] | with the internal security departments of major U.S. Corporations. | 协助联邦调查局和国土安全局的调查 |
[37:41] | Well, that sounds vaguely sinister. | 这听起来挺险恶的 |
[37:43] | Observe the flow of funds from Atherton | 注意艾瑟顿和D-SAC之间的 |
[37:46] | to D-SAC and vice versa. | 双向资金流动 |
[37:50] | You can read this? | 你能看懂这个 |
[37:51] | While Atherton initially advocated for | 虽然艾瑟顿最初是用来 |
[37:53] | and helped fund D-SAC, | 帮助资助D-SAC |
[37:55] | it seems in the last year | 但近年来 |
[37:56] | the flow of funds has reversed itself. | 资金的走向似乎反过来了 |
[37:59] | So you think D-SAC is paying Atherton for something. | 所以你觉得D-SAC雇了艾瑟顿做事 |
[38:03] | D-SAC, and by extension, the FBI and Homeland Security, | D-SAC 还有联调局和国安局 |
[38:07] | have contracted Atherton for classified data analysis | 将反恐相关的分类数据分析 |
[38:10] | related to counterterrorism, | 外包给艾瑟顿 |
[38:11] | hence the armed agents I observed at their offices. | 所以我在他们办公室才看到配枪的特工 |
[38:14] | So, if Everyone breaks into Atherton’s computers, | 所以 如果”人人”黑进了艾瑟顿的电脑 |
[38:18] | steals their data and puts it on the Net… | 偷到他们的数据并在网络公开… |
[38:19] | It won’t just be embarrassing a group of right wing | 羞辱的就不只是一群右翼知识分子了 |
[38:21] | intellectuals, they will be publishing government secrets. | 这是在公开政府机密 |
[38:24] | You think this is what Branch wants? | 你觉得这是布兰奇的目的吗 |
[38:26] | Everyone’s bursts of hacktivism have become quite the thorn | “人人”的黑客行为已经成为 |
[38:28] | in the side of various powerful entities. | 很多权利机构的心头刺了 |
[38:31] | Unfortunately for Agent Branch, Erroll “Species” White | 对布兰奇特工来说不幸的是 |
[38:34] | made sure that the collective’s crimes | “物种”埃罗·怀特确保了 |
[38:36] | never amounted to more than misdemeanors. | 组织犯的都不是重罪 |
[38:38] | Now White is dead and Brady Dietz | 可现在怀特死了 布雷迪·迪茨 |
[38:39] | is leading Everyone off a cliff. | 正领导着”人人”走向极端 |
[38:41] | If Everyone hacks Atherton, | 如果”人人”黑进艾瑟顿 |
[38:43] | they will fall under the purview of the government’s RICO statutes, | 他们就触犯了反诈骗腐败组织集团犯罪法 |
[38:46] | and the group will be broken asunder. | 政府肯定会将组织肢解 |
[38:48] | And Branch will get credit as the FBI agent | 布兰奇作为让组织垮台的特工 |
[38:50] | who brought them all down. | 定会得到嘉奖 |
[38:51] | Thus reaping the governmental and corporate benefits of same. | 同时在政府和公司层面均能获益 |
[38:56] | Meteoric rise at the Bureau, | 在局里扶摇直上 |
[38:57] | lucrative private sector job– she’ll have her pick. | 或是肥水横流的私企职位 任她挑选 |
[39:00] | Apparently she’s willing to protect a killer to make that happen. | 显然为达此目的 她愿意保护一名凶手 |
[39:03] | Too bad this is all conjecture. We can’t prove anything. | 可惜这都是猜想 我们没有证据 |
[39:05] | Agent Branch’s obstructionism has served its purpose. | 布兰奇特工的蓄意阻挠达到目的了 |
[39:08] | We cannot tie Brady Dietz to Erroll White’s murder. | 我们无法将布雷迪·迪茨跟埃罗·怀特的死联系上 |
[39:12] | Unless Agent Branch does it for us. | 除非布兰奇特工已经替我们做到了 |
[39:14] | But why would she do that? | 她为什么要这么做 |
[39:15] | That’s why Mr. Briggs is still here. | 这就是我让布里格斯先生留下的原因 |
[39:18] | His next task | 他下一个任务 |
[39:19] | is to look into Ms. Branch’s personal finances. | 就是查看布兰奇女士的私人财务状况 |
[39:26] | Agent Branch, there’s something you and I | 布兰奇特工 我们应该谈谈 |
[39:29] | need to discuss: your agenda with regards to Everyone. | 你对”人人”的打算 |
[39:34] | You think I’m helping a killer | 你觉得我会为了我的事业前程 |
[39:36] | just so I can pad my resume? | 而保护杀人犯 |
[39:39] | That’s a hell of a theory. | 真是大胆的猜想 |
[39:40] | Well, it’s the only explanation that supports | 这是符合目前所有实证的 |
[39:42] | all the discernable facts. | 唯一解释了 |
[39:46] | Must be frustrating. | 你一定很气馁 |
[39:48] | Knowing that you can’t prove any of it. | 知道这一切你都无法证明 |
[39:51] | I might never be able to bring to light | 我也许永远也无法揭露 |
[39:53] | your machinations against Everyone, | 你对”人人”的诡计 |
[39:55] | but that’s not my primary concern. | 但那不是我最关心的 |
[39:58] | I wish to bring Brady Dietz to justice. | 我希望让布雷迪·迪茨受到制裁 |
[40:00] | And that I can achieve. | 这个是可以做到的 |
[40:03] | Once you provide me with the murder weapon. | 只要你能提供给我杀人凶器 |
[40:05] | Now you’re living in fantasy land. | 你真是异想天开啊 |
[40:08] | I’m quite certain that you’ve got | 我很肯定你 |
[40:09] | the wakizashi stashed somewhere. | 把那把脇差藏起来了 |
[40:11] | It’s the only way to ensure your mole’s cooperation | 只有这样才能保证你的线人跟你合作 |
[40:14] | and protect him long enough to complete his mission. | 并保护他直到他完成使命 |
[40:18] | Surrender it, | 交出来 |
[40:20] | and I won’t tell the FBI about your nanny. | 我就不告诉联调局你家保姆的事 |
[40:23] | My nanny? | 我家保姆 |
[40:24] | She’s Tibetan, is she not? | 她是西藏人 不是吗 |
[40:27] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这有什么关系 |
[40:28] | Well, Tibetan nannies are all the rage | 纽约的富人们很流行 |
[40:30] | with well-heeled New Yorkers. | 雇佣西藏保姆 |
[40:32] | But they are rather pricey for a federal employee. | 但对一个联邦雇员就太奢侈了 |
[40:36] | A forensic accountant, however, informs me | 一位法务会计师告诉我 |
[40:39] | that you have found a discount alternative. | 你找到了个便宜的办法 |
[40:41] | You hire one without the legal right to work in the U.S., | 你请了一位不能合法待在美国的 |
[40:43] | and you pay her a fraction of the price. | 只付她部分工资 |
[40:45] | Now, that’s just the kind of detail that could derail | 这样的细节足以毁掉 |
[40:47] | a promising career in law enforcement. | 你在执法部门的似锦前程 |
[40:50] | So instead, I’m just supposed to admit | 所以 我只能承认 |
[40:53] | to obstruction of justice? | 妨碍司法公正了吗 |
[40:56] | Tip the police anonymously to the weapon’s whereabouts. | 向警方匿名举报凶器藏在哪了 |
[40:59] | No doubt Dietz, once arrested, will cry cover-up, | 迪茨被抓后肯定会哭喊着要接受保护 |
[41:02] | but I’m confident that’s gonna be dismissed as ranting. | 但我相信这会被当作无稽之谈不予理睬 |
[41:06] | There’s really no point in protecting him, anyway. | 反正实在没必要保护他 |
[41:09] | I’ve warned Everyone that hacking Atherton | 我已经警告过”人人”了 黑进艾瑟顿 |
[41:11] | would be their death knell. | 无异于判他们死刑 |
[41:13] | They’re moving on to more amusing targets. | 他们已经把目标转向更有趣的地方了 |
[41:16] | Surrender the weapon, | 交出凶器 |
[41:18] | you could still come out of this with your career intact. | 你可以全身而退 事业无损 |
[41:20] | You could still fulfill your ambitions. | 继续施展你的抱负 |
[41:22] | You just won’t be able to do it | 只不过不是以 |
[41:23] | by duping Everyone into committing treason. | 给”人人”冠以叛国罪达成的罢了 |
[41:28] | Today, NYPD investigators | 今天 纽约警局调查人员 |
[41:29] | 黑客杀手被捕 警方逮捕布鲁克林男性 | |
[41:30] | arrested Brady Dietz of Brooklyn Heights | 从布鲁克林高地逮捕了布雷迪·迪茨 |
[41:32] | in the so-called Hacker Killer murder | 他涉嫌谋杀埃罗·怀特 |
[41:33] | of Erroll White. White, a hacker | 后者是名黑客 |
[41:35] | and a member of the online force known as Everyone… | 也是被称作”人人”的网上势力的一员… |
[41:37] | It’s done? | 搞定了吗 |
[41:38] | The bloodstained short sword | 两小时前一把 |
[41:40] | bearing Brady Dietz’s prints was delivered | 沾有血迹和布雷迪·迪茨指纹的短刀 |
[41:42] | to the NYPD by an anonymous source two hours ago. | 由一位不知名人士送到了纽约警局 |
[41:46] | Initially, Dietz claimed he’d been framed by the FBI, | 一开始 迪茨坚称他是被联调局陷害的 |
[41:49] | but when he realized it wasn’t gonna work, he confessed. | 但当他意识到这行不通时 就如实招了 |
[41:52] | Did he say what actually happened | 他说了案发那晚 |
[41:53] | the night of the murder? | 到底发生了什么吗 |
[41:55] | Erroll White grew suspicious that Dietz was conspiring | 埃罗·怀特开始怀疑迪茨 |
[41:58] | with outside forces to bring down Everyone. | 在和外部势力共谋端掉”人人” |
[42:00] | There was a confrontation, things turned violent. | 他俩对质 后来局面没控制住 |
[42:02] | Dietz claims he acted in self-defense. | 迪茨说他是自卫 |
[42:05] | And Agent Branch just walks. | 而布兰奇特工就没事了 |
[42:07] | Maybe she’ll find being on the wrong side of Everyone | 也许她会发现跟”人人”结下梁子 |
[42:09] | to be its own special kind of punishment. | 本身会是另一种惩罚 |
[42:14] | Going out? | 要出去吗 |
[42:16] | Uh, yeah. I called Marnie. | 对 我打给玛尔妮了 |
[42:17] | I told her I would rejoin the bridal party. | 说我会去参加她的新娘派对 |
[42:19] | I mean, I still think it’s silly that we’re all acting | 我依旧觉得假装我们还在大学 |
[42:21] | like we’re in college, but… | 这事挺傻的 但… |
[42:23] | I thought it would be good for me to connect with my fellow humans. | 我觉得跟我周围的普通人联络下感情也挺好的 |
[42:28] | Well, enjoy yourself, | 好好玩 |
[42:31] | Watson. | 华生 |
[42:32] | I’ll try. | 我会努力的 |
[42:34] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |