时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | How did you come to hear of me, Ms. Wen? | 你怎么听说我的 闻小姐 |
[00:04] | I knew your brother, Mycroft. | 我认识你哥哥 麦考夫 |
[00:05] | You don’t like me very much, do you? | 你不太喜欢我 对吗 |
[00:07] | I don’t have to like you, I just have to help you. | 我不需要喜欢你 我只需要帮助你 |
[00:09] | Before my stepfather adopted me, I was Joan Yun. | 我继父收养我前 我叫乔恩·云 |
[00:14] | Why don’t you just admit you’re my half sister? | 你还是直接承认你是我同父异母的妹妹吧 |
[00:20] | Running away won’t work. | 逃跑也没用 |
[00:21] | I’m a detective, I’ll just find you again. | 我是个侦探 我还可以再找到你 |
[00:23] | I’ve got nothing to say to you. | 我对你无话可说 |
[00:24] | Okay, Sherlock and I just helped you out | 夏洛克和我刚帮你 |
[00:26] | with a really big problem; | 解决了一个大问题 |
[00:27] | the least you could do is tell me how long you’ve known I exist. | 你起码能告诉我 你知道我多久了 |
[00:29] | Two years. | 两年 |
[00:30] | But you never called me, you never came to see me. | 但你从没给我打过电话 也没来找我 |
[00:33] | Because I never wanted to have this conversation with you. | 因为我不想跟你闹成现在这样 |
[00:36] | It wouldn’t have been this conversation. | 本来就可以不用这样 |
[00:37] | It would have been, | 本可以是 |
[00:38] | “Hi, Joan, I’m Lin, I’m your half sister.” | 乔恩 你好 我是玲 你的异母妹妹 |
[00:40] | You want to know more about me? Fine. | 你想知道我的事 行 |
[00:42] | My mom came to the U.S. in 1980. | 我妈1980年来的美国 |
[00:43] | She met your dad, got knocked up. | 她认识了你爸 被搞怀孕了 |
[00:46] | For a few years, he held it together, we were a family, | 有几年他还算清醒 我们是一家子 |
[00:48] | and then one day out of the blue, he takes apart our TV, | 然后突然有一天 他拆了我们的电视 |
[00:51] | says it’s sending messages that could hurt us. | 说电视传递的信息会伤害我们 |
[00:54] | He went off his meds. | 他停药了 |
[00:55] | Mom didn’t understand. | 我妈当时并不懂 |
[00:57] | She didn’t know anything about schizophrenia. | 她根本不知道什么是精神分裂症 |
[00:58] | She hardly spoke English. | 她基本不会说英语 |
[01:00] | A few days before he abandoned us, | 在他抛弃我们母女前两天 |
[01:02] | he told her about his first family, | 他跟她讲了他的第一个家庭 |
[01:04] | you, your brother, your mom. | 你 你哥 还有你妈 |
[01:07] | That must have been hard for her. | 这事对她来说一定很难熬 |
[01:09] | The hard part was having to raise me by herself. | 真正难的是要独自将我抚养大 |
[01:12] | The stuff he said before he left, | 他临走前说的那些话 |
[01:13] | that could have been more ranting. | 会带来更大的困扰 |
[01:14] | That’s why she didn’t tell me about it | 所以她直到几年前 |
[01:16] | until she had a health scare a couple years ago. | 一次健康危机后 才告诉我 |
[01:19] | I searched your names on the Internet, | 我在网上搜了你们的名字 |
[01:21] | “Joan,” “Oren,” “Mary,” | 乔恩 奥伦 玛丽 |
[01:22] | then I dug a little deeper, | 然后我继续往下查了下 |
[01:24] | found out you worked for the police with a guy named Sherlock, | 发现你跟一个叫夏洛克的人一起为警方工作 |
[01:26] | and he had a brother who had just died. | 而他有一个刚刚过世的哥哥 |
[01:28] | Why didn’t you just come and see me then? | 那你为什么没直接过来找我 |
[01:30] | Because I realized I already had all the family I needed. | 因为我发现 我已经有我想要的家了 |
[01:34] | I only came to you for help because I was desperate. | 我找你求助 只是因为我当时太绝望了 |
[01:36] | But, hey, now you’ve got the whole story. | 但现在你已经知道了故事的全部 |
[01:40] | So why don’t you do what I always intended to do– | 所以 不如你就像我一直想保持的那样吧 |
[01:43] | pretend you never heard it, | 假装你不知道这事 |
[01:45] | forget all about your crazy-ass dad’s other family. | 忘记你那个疯子爸爸的另一个家 |
[01:48] | What if that’s not what I want? | 如果我不想这样呢 |
[01:49] | It doesn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[01:50] | It’s what I want. | 我想这样 |
[02:18] | You’re two minutes early. | 你早到了两分钟 |
[03:07] | Time of death is a little before 4:00 A.M. | 死亡时间是凌晨四点前 |
[03:10] | Victim is Phoebe Elliot. | 被害人叫菲比·埃利奥特 |
[03:11] | She was an assistant at a marketing firm | 她是一家市场营销公司的助理 |
[03:13] | that does a lot of business with Asia, | 该公司常与亚洲有商务往来 |
[03:15] | so she would work late, then hit the gym. | 所以她会工作到很晚 然后去健身 |
[03:17] | She used rideshare apps like Zooss to get around. | 她用了一个类似快车的打车软件 |
[03:20] | So Ms. Elliot summoned a Zooss car to pick her up | 所以3:45时 埃利奥特小姐 |
[03:22] | around 3:45. | 叫了一辆快车来接她 |
[03:24] | Gym’s door camera doesn’t cover the street, | 健身房前门的监控拍不到这条街 |
[03:26] | but it does show her leaving the gym | 不过有拍下她离开健身房 |
[03:28] | when her driver, Sharif, was about two minutes out. | 她的司机谢里夫当时还差两分钟就到了 |
[03:31] | He arrived and found her body. | 他到了后 发现了她的尸体 |
[03:38] | She was shot from this direction. | 她是从这个方向被击中的 |
[03:40] | Blood splatter that way. | 血溅到那边 |
[03:43] | There’s a void to the right. | 右边这里有块空缺 |
[03:45] | Where’s the missing blood? | 少的这块血迹去哪儿了 |
[03:49] | Probably on the shooter’s car. | 可能在枪手车上 |
[03:51] | You saying this was a drive-by? | 你是说是飞车枪击 |
[03:53] | Not so much a drive-by, more like a parked-by. | 也不能算飞车吧 更像停车枪击 |
[03:55] | Car approaches from this way, | 车从这边靠近 |
[03:57] | she mistakes it for her rideshare, | 她以为是她叫的便车 |
[03:59] | approaches the car only to be gunned down. | 于是走过去 却被击毙 |
[04:03] | And the car departs with her blood | 而车则开走了 |
[04:04] | on the inside of the passenger door. | 后座车门上还留着她的血 |
[04:10] | Does she look familiar to you guys? | 你们对她有印象吗 |
[04:12] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[04:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:13] | I could swear I’ve seen her somewhere before. | 我发誓我以前在哪儿见过她 |
[04:16] | Most drive-bys, | 大部分飞车枪击案中 |
[04:17] | the perps don’t use their own car, | 嫌疑人不会用自己的车 |
[04:19] | they steal one. | 他们用偷的车 |
[04:21] | What’s your point? | 所以你的意思是 |
[04:23] | When we were poking around for next of kin this morning, | 我们今早在找被害人家属时 |
[04:25] | all that turned up was a brother, Keith. | 只找到一个哥哥 基斯 |
[04:28] | Just did a two-year stint for grand larceny auto. | 刚因偷车坐完两年牢 |
[04:33] | I’ve been living with Phoebe since I got out. | 我出狱后就一直和菲比住在一起 |
[04:35] | She was helping me get my life together. | 她一直在帮我走上生活的正轨 |
[04:38] | She means… | 她对我而言 |
[04:40] | She meant everything to me. | 她曾是我的一切 |
[04:43] | Listen, two days ago, | 听着 两天前 |
[04:44] | one of your neighbors called in a noise complaint. | 你有位邻居发起了噪音投诉 |
[04:46] | She wouldn’t give her name, | 她不愿意透露姓名 |
[04:47] | just said she could hear you and your sister arguing. | 她只说听到你跟你妹妹在争吵 |
[04:50] | I don’t remember fighting two days ago. | 我不记得两天前我们吵过 |
[04:52] | But you and your sister did fight. | 但你们确实吵过 |
[04:54] | No. | 没 |
[04:55] | I mean, yeah. | 好吧 算是有过 |
[04:56] | You know, sometimes. | 有时候会 |
[04:58] | It was rough. | 这事不容易 |
[04:59] | Moving in with her. | 搬进来和她住 |
[05:00] | She… she had all these rules. | 她有好多家规 |
[05:02] | Was one of them, “Don’t shoot me | 其中是否包括 |
[05:04] | whilst pretending to be my rideshare”? | 别假装成我搭的便车 给我一枪 |
[05:06] | Her phone is missing. | 她的手机不见了 |
[05:08] | We’re pretty sure it was taken by whoever shot her. | 我们确定是枪杀她的人拿走了 |
[05:10] | Maybe you sent her some texts | 或许你给她发了 |
[05:11] | you didn’t want us to see. | 不想让我们看到的短信 |
[05:14] | I will do whatever you want to prove I didn’t do this. | 我愿意为洗清我的冤屈做任何事 |
[05:17] | You want me to take a polygraph? No problem. | 你们想让我去测谎吗 没问题 |
[05:19] | Want me to give you a sample of my DNA? | 需要我的DNA样本吗 |
[05:21] | I will do whatever it takes. | 什么都行 |
[05:23] | Just please rule me out | 拜托 洗清我的嫌疑 |
[05:24] | so you can find the person that really killed Phoebe. | 这样你们才能找到杀死菲比的真凶 |
[05:27] | All right, say we believe you. | 好吧 就算我们信你 |
[05:29] | Can you think of anyone else who had reason to kill Phoebe? | 你能想到有任何人有动机杀菲比吗 |
[05:32] | Maybe a stalker? | 也许是那个跟踪者 |
[05:34] | Stalker? | 跟踪者 |
[05:36] | She was getting a lot of attention lately. | 她最近受到了不少关注 |
[05:37] | Something about a selfie she took when she was in college. | 似乎是因为她在大学时的一张自拍 |
[05:40] | That’s where I knew her from. | 我也是通过这个知道她的 |
[05:42] | She was in the culture section of the Dispatch. | 她在《乡村快报》的文化版上 |
[05:45] | How does a selfie make her newsworthy? | 一张自拍怎么会让她变得有新闻价值了 |
[05:48] | Ephraim Hill is an appropriation artist from Portland. | 埃弗赖姆·希尔是位波特兰的挪用艺术家 |
[05:52] | He pulls images from social media | 他从社交媒体上找图片 |
[05:54] | and then recontextualizes them as art. | 然后将它们重新情境化来当作艺术 |
[05:57] | His show has been touring the country, | 他正在国内进行巡演 |
[05:58] | but this is his first time in New York. | 但这是他第一次来纽约 |
[06:01] | His work has been getting a lot of buzz. | 他的作品现在名气挺大的 |
[06:04] | So this guy rips off other people’s selfies, | 所以这家伙偷窃别人的自拍 |
[06:06] | blows them up, | 打乱一下 |
[06:08] | and then charges a hundred grand apiece? | 然后每张收费一百美元 |
[06:10] | I’m surprised we’re not investigating his murder. | 真惊讶我们调查的居然不是他被杀的案子 |
[06:13] | The rise of social media has created | 社交媒体的崛起 |
[06:14] | a generation of narcissists | 让一代自恋狂 |
[06:17] | eager to offer up their private images for public consumption. | 渴望奉上自己的隐私图片来供公共消费 |
[06:20] | But like peacocks spreading their tails, | 但正像是孔雀开屏一样 |
[06:22] | such displays, whilst feeding self-esteem, | 这样的张扬 虽然能满足自负心理 |
[06:25] | also risk attracting the attention of predators. | 同样也会引来捕猎者的注意 |
[06:30] | You think Keith Elliot was on to something? | 你觉得基斯·埃利奥特在谋划什么吗 |
[06:33] | Someone saw her picture here, got obsessed? | 有人在这里看到了她的照片 被迷住了 |
[06:36] | It’s one possibility, | 有这种可能 |
[06:37] | but some of the women whose images have been stolen | 但是有些照片被盗的女人对此 |
[06:39] | have been very upset. | 感到非常不高兴 |
[06:42] | Some have threatened to sue. | 有人曾扬言要起诉 |
[06:43] | Maybe Phoebe was one of them. | 也许菲比是其中之一 |
[06:45] | Ah, it’s about time. | 也该是时候了 |
[06:48] | What’s about time? | 是什么时候 |
[06:49] | My assistant called the police yesterday. | 我的助理昨天报的案 |
[06:53] | I’m Ephraim Hill. | 我是埃弗赖姆·希尔 |
[06:54] | You are here about a break-in, are you not? | 你们是来调查闯入事件的 不是吗 |
[06:57] | No. There was a burglary here? | 不是 这里发生过盗窃吗 |
[06:59] | Do you see any art in these empty spaces? | 你在那些空位上看到任何艺术作品了吗 |
[07:01] | One might argue there’s no art in the occupied spaces either. | 也可以说非空位上也没有任何艺术作品 |
[07:05] | One might. | 也许吧 |
[07:06] | In fact, I’d welcome it. | 实际上 我欢迎这么说 |
[07:08] | See, argument creates awareness, | 你看 争论能创造知名度 |
[07:10] | and awareness drives sales, but two nights ago, | 而知名度则促进销量 但两天前 |
[07:12] | someone broke in and stole five of my portraits. | 有人闯入并偷走了我的五副作品 |
[07:15] | Tragic as that must be, we’re here about Phoebe Elliot. | 不幸的是 我们是为了菲比·埃利奥特而来 |
[07:19] | We were wondering how she felt | 我们好奇她对于自己 |
[07:20] | about being included in your exhibit. | 在你这里被展出有什么感觉 |
[07:22] | Well, why? | 为什么 |
[07:24] | She was murdered just before 4:00 A.M. | 她今早四点前刚被杀了 |
[07:26] | We’d show you the crime scene photographs, | 我们可以给你看犯罪现场的照片 |
[07:28] | but you’d probably just recontextualize them. | 但你可能只会把它们重新情境化 |
[07:31] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[07:33] | And, what, you’re here because you think that I…? | 怎么 你们来是因为觉得是我… |
[07:35] | A lot of the women were not happy about becoming your muses. | 很多女人并不高兴变成了你的缪斯 |
[07:38] | No, but Phoebe wasn’t like that. She was flattered. | 不 但菲比不是那样 她很荣幸 |
[07:41] | She reached out through my agent to say so. | 她找到我的经纪人这么说的 |
[07:43] | She even did some personal appearances here. | 她甚至亲自来过这里 |
[07:45] | You mind telling us where you were around 4:00 this morning? | 你能告诉我们早上四点左右你在哪吗 |
[07:49] | I was on a plane. | 我在飞机上 |
[07:50] | Coming home from Paris. | 从巴黎回家来 |
[07:52] | That’s where I was when I learned about the burglary. | 就是那时我知道了入室行窃的事 |
[07:55] | Do you think there’s a connection? | 你觉得这之间有联系吗 |
[07:57] | The timing is curious, let’s just leave it at that. | 时机很诡异 先这么说吧 |
[07:59] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你不明白 |
[08:00] | If the same person committed both crimes, | 如果是同一个人犯下的两起案件 |
[08:03] | if someone had a problem with me and Phoebe, | 如果是某个人与我和菲比有过节 |
[08:05] | I think I might know who it is. | 我想我知道那人是谁 |
[08:08] | You are not an artist. | 你不是个艺术家 |
[08:10] | You are a misogynistic phony. | 你是个直男癌骗子 |
[08:13] | And all the little fangirls who support you are just as bad. | 而那些支持你的小迷妹也一样垃圾 |
[08:17] | But when you stole my image, you messed with the wrong woman. | 但当你偷我图的时候 你就惹错女人了 |
[08:21] | You all deserve what’s coming. | 你们都是自掘坟墓 |
[08:23] | So you can understand why we wanted to speak with you. | 你理解为什么我们想找你谈了吧 |
[08:26] | Can you tell us where you were the past two nights | 你能告诉我最近两晚 |
[08:28] | between midnight and 6:00 A.M.? | 在午夜到上午六点间 你在哪吗 |
[08:30] | I was here, sleeping. | 我在这里 睡觉 |
[08:32] | You sounded pretty serious about getting revenge | 听起来你很认真的想要向 |
[08:34] | against Ephraim Hill and women like Phoebe. | 埃弗赖姆·希尔和菲比这样的人报仇 |
[08:37] | I did, didn’t I? | 是挺像 是吧 |
[08:39] | I’m working on a part for this Off-Off-Broadway show. | 我正在准备这个百老汇外围的演出 |
[08:44] | She’s an anarchist, like, really angry. | 她是个无政府主义者 非常愤青 |
[08:47] | But it’s a character; I would never kill anyone. | 但那只是个角色 我绝不会杀任何人 |
[08:50] | I’m a vegan. | 我是素食主义者 |
[08:52] | So when you threatened revenge, | 那当你宣称要报仇时 |
[08:53] | what exactly did you have in mind? | 你脑子里具体想的是什么 |
[08:56] | Here, I’ll show you. | 这里 我给你们看 |
[09:09] | These are portraits from Ephraim’s exhibit. | 这些是埃弗赖姆展会上的画作 |
[09:12] | I put on a wig and went into the gallery one day. | 有一天我戴上假发去了画廊 |
[09:15] | I used a hidden camera and took pictures of his pictures | 我用隐藏相机拍了他关于 |
[09:18] | of our pictures. | 我们的照片 |
[09:20] | I was gonna sell them outside the showroom | 我准备在展览室外卖出它们 |
[09:21] | for 50 bucks apiece. | 五十美元一幅 |
[09:23] | Undercut him and give him the finger at the same time. | 乱他生意的同时向他挑衅 |
[09:25] | That video was just a part of my marketing campaign. | 那视频仅仅是我宣传的一部分 |
[09:29] | When did you take this picture? | 你什么时候拍的这照片 |
[09:31] | Couple weeks ago. | 几星期前 |
[09:34] | This man at the edge of the frame… | 这个在照片边缘的男人 |
[09:36] | he is not in the portrait at the gallery. | 他不在画廊的那张相中 |
[09:40] | Additionally, that canvas has folds | 并且 这个帆布 |
[09:43] | angled away from the corners. | 是在角落向一边折叠 |
[09:45] | In this version, they’re parallel. | 在这个版本中 他们是平行的 |
[09:47] | So that would mean that this portrait in the gallery | 那么就是说 这个在画廊里的作品 |
[09:49] | is not the same one that was there two weeks ago. | 与两星期前的不一样 |
[09:51] | I think someone replaced it with a forgery. | 我想是有人将它换成仿品了 |
[10:00] | This just arrived from, uh, CSU. | 这是鉴证组刚送来的 |
[10:04] | Mr. Hill confirmed it is a fake. | 希尔先生确认是仿造的了 |
[10:06] | And he agrees the only time it could have been switched | 而且他同意唯一会被调换的时间 |
[10:08] | was during the burglary. | 就是在入室盗窃的时候 |
[10:10] | So the thief didn’t steal five portraits, he stole six. | 所以小偷偷的不是五幅画 而是六幅 |
[10:14] | Why just swap one out with a forgery? | 为什么只给一个换上了假的 |
[10:17] | I think the burglary was a mere diversion. | 我想盗窃仅仅是为了分散注意力 |
[10:19] | Switching Phoebe’s portrait was the true goal. | 调换菲比的画才是真正目标 |
[10:22] | Light’s better in the study. | 书房的光线比较好 |
[10:29] | Speaking of distractions, | 说到分散注意力 |
[10:32] | couldn’t help but notice a few on your part today. | 我忍不住注意到你今天也有点分神 |
[10:36] | Anything amiss? | 有什么不对吗 |
[10:38] | No, I’m fine. | 没有 我没事 |
[10:41] | You’re drinking out of the bowl we use for Clyde’s baths. | 你正在用我们给克莱德洗澡的碗喝水 |
[10:49] | I went to see Lin yesterday. | 我昨天去见玲了 |
[10:51] | Lin Wen? | 闻玲吗 |
[10:53] | Her case was resolved, was it not? | 她的案子解决了 不是吗 |
[10:54] | Yes, but… | 是的 但是 |
[10:55] | Are you still irked that she and my brother | 你还在苦恼她和我哥哥 |
[10:56] | once rode below the crupper? | 曾经发生过关系吗 |
[10:58] | Did you think he was a virgin? | 你难道之前以为他是个处男吗 |
[11:00] | She isn’t Mycroft’s ex-lover. | 她不是麦考夫的前任情人 |
[11:01] | She isn’t his ex-anything. | 她不是他的前任何人 |
[11:04] | She’s my sister. | 她是我妹妹 |
[11:09] | While your half-blood sibling might have deceived, | 尽管你同父异母的妹妹可能骗了你 |
[11:12] | exploited and then spurned you, | 利用了你并且还对你嗤之以鼻 |
[11:14] | I might suggest that the final outcome | 我得说最终的结果 |
[11:15] | is not as tragic as you make it out to be. | 也许没有你想的那么悲剧 |
[11:18] | She never wants to see me again. | 她再也不想见到我了 |
[11:20] | My brother enlisted the NSA | 我哥哥两年前为了伪造自己的死亡 |
[11:22] | to fake his own death two years ago. | 去应征了国安局 |
[11:24] | You don’t see me complaining. | 你看我也没抱怨什么 |
[11:26] | Well, that’s different. | 这不一样 |
[11:27] | I mean, you and Mycroft, you had each other growing up. | 我是说 你和麦考夫从小一起长大 |
[11:29] | I mean, for better or for worse. | 不管好坏最起码彼此相伴 |
[11:32] | But she is a missing… piece. | 而她是整个家庭缺失的那一块 |
[11:34] | And she’s not the only one. | 而且她还不是唯一的那一块 |
[11:36] | Your father. | 还有你父亲 |
[11:37] | I mean, I always thought that he left us | 我一直认为他离开我们 |
[11:39] | because he was sick. | 是因为他病了 |
[11:41] | He wasn’t capable of being | 他没有能力成为 |
[11:43] | part of a family. | 一个家庭的一员 |
[11:44] | But he was capable. | 但他其实有能力 |
[11:46] | Just not with us. | 只是不是做我们的家人 |
[11:48] | It sounds like he got better and then… | 听起来他似乎病情好转了 然后 |
[11:50] | stayed with Lin and her mother for years. | 和玲还有她母亲生活了很多年 |
[11:52] | So I guess what I want to know is | 所以我猜我想知道的只是 |
[11:55] | how could he be a father to someone else– | 他怎么能去做别人的父亲 |
[11:57] | even for a little while– | 哪怕只是一阵子 |
[12:00] | but not even try with me and Oren? | 却不愿意试着做我和奥伦的父亲 |
[12:04] | But I’m not gonna beg. | 但我不准备去哀求 |
[12:07] | I left her mother a message. | 我给她妈妈留了个口信 |
[12:09] | If Lin won’t speak to me, maybe she will. | 如果玲不愿意和我说话 也许她愿意聊聊 |
[12:20] | Marcus has uncovered a rather interesting piece of information | 马库斯发现了一件有趣的事 |
[12:22] | about our erased man. | 关于这位被抹去的男人 |
[12:24] | I’m now quite certain | 我现在非常确定 |
[12:25] | that Phoebe’s killer | 杀害菲比的凶手 |
[12:27] | and the burglar are one and the same. | 和那个抢劫犯是同一个人 |
[12:29] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:31] | It appears that both crimes were committed | 看起来这两起案件都是为了 |
[12:34] | to protect the perpetrator of a third crime. | 保护另一个第三起案件的犯罪者 |
[12:38] | As we know, | 据我们所知 |
[12:42] | this man | 这个人 |
[12:43] | was excised from the forgery | 在埃弗赖姆·希尔画廊里挂着的 |
[12:45] | left hanging in Ephraim Hill’s gallery. | 那幅赝品里被抹去了 |
[12:47] | But that wasn’t the only alteration. | 但那并不是唯一的一处不同 |
[12:49] | Phoebe’s selfie captures the man | 菲比的这张自拍拍到了这个男人 |
[12:51] | exiting this car. | 从车里出来 |
[12:53] | The car would’ve been too difficult | 想要不引人注意地把车抹除 |
[12:55] | to remove unnoticed, | 实在太困难了 |
[12:56] | so instead, the forger altered the license plate, | 所以相对的 这位伪造者更改了车牌 |
[12:59] | changing this “3” To an “8.” | 把3改成了8 |
[13:02] | We ran the correct number. | 我们查了正确的车牌号 |
[13:04] | And? | 然后呢 |
[13:05] | The car once belonged to a Louis Bowman, | 这辆车曾经属于一位路易斯·鲍曼 |
[13:08] | presumably our erased man. | 应该就是画面上被抹去的人 |
[13:10] | Mr. Bowman is currently serving | 鲍曼目前正因为谋杀 |
[13:11] | a life sentence for murder. | 而被终身监禁着 |
[13:14] | I suspect that the burglary | 我怀疑盗窃案 |
[13:16] | and Phoebe’s execution | 和菲比被杀一案 |
[13:17] | were committed to keep Louis Bowman in prison. | 都是为了让路易斯·鲍曼继续待在监狱里 |
[13:21] | Because this picture, | 因为这张照片 |
[13:23] | Phoebe’s original selfie, | 菲比的这张原版自拍 |
[13:25] | may well prove that Louis Bowman is innocent. | 很可能会证明路易斯·鲍曼是无辜的 |
[13:35] | Three years ago, Marissa Kagan, | 三年前 玛丽萨·凯根 |
[13:36] | a student at North Connecticut University, | 北康涅狄格大学的一名在校生 |
[13:38] | was shot and killed in her off-campus apartment. | 在她校外的公寓中被枪杀了 |
[13:40] | A fellow student, Louis Bowman, | 她的一位同学 路易斯·鲍曼 |
[13:42] | was convicted of her murder. | 被判谋杀她的罪名成立 |
[13:44] | He said he was at the campus library | 他声称玛丽莎被杀的时候 |
[13:46] | when Marissa was killed, | 他正在校图书馆里 |
[13:47] | but no one could corroborate his alibi. | 但没人能证实他的不在场证明 |
[13:49] | Until now. | 直到现在 |
[13:50] | Our current murder victim, Phoebe Elliot, | 我们这起谋杀案中的受害者 菲比·埃利奥特 |
[13:53] | took this selfie in 2013. | 在2013年拍了这张自拍照 |
[13:56] | This is the campus library behind her, | 她后面就是校图书馆 |
[13:59] | and based on the clothing he was wearing | 而根据路易斯·鲍曼当晚被捕时 |
[14:00] | when he was arrested later that night, | 所穿的衣服判断 |
[14:01] | this is Louis Bowman | 图片里这位就是他 |
[14:03] | getting out of his car. | 正从他车里出来 |
[14:06] | Phoebe’s social media app | 菲比的社交媒体应用 |
[14:08] | stamped that selfie with the time and date | 记录了这张自拍的拍摄时间和日期 |
[14:10] | and that corresponds to the time of Marissa’s murder. | 而这些都与玛丽萨的被杀时间相符 |
[14:15] | Alibi aside, | 除了不在场证明 |
[14:16] | the State’s case against Louis seems solid. | 针对路易斯的这起州立案件似乎无懈可击 |
[14:19] | It says here he spit on Marissa’s corpse. | 这里写着他朝玛丽萨的尸体吐了口水 |
[14:23] | Louis and Marissa knew one another. | 路易斯和玛丽萨彼此认识 |
[14:24] | Perhaps, for reasons unknown, | 也许 因为某些未知的原因 |
[14:26] | he spat on her earlier in the day. | 他当天早些时候对她吐了口水 |
[14:28] | Perhaps the killer gained access to his DNA | 也许真凶搞到了他的DNA |
[14:30] | and framed him. | 把这案子嫁祸给了他 |
[14:31] | The fact remains: | 事实是 |
[14:33] | if Phoebe’s selfie is to be believed, | 如果菲比的自拍可靠 |
[14:35] | Louis Bowman could not have killed Marissa Kagan. | 那路易斯·鲍曼就不可能杀了玛丽萨·凯根 |
[14:38] | According to this, | 根据庭审记录 |
[14:39] | Phoebe Elliot testified for the prosecution. | 菲比·埃利奥特是作为检方证人出庭的 |
[14:42] | She and Marissa were friends. | 她和玛丽萨是朋友 |
[14:44] | She testified that Louis stalked | 她作证说路易斯 |
[14:46] | and harassed Marissa for months. | 跟踪并且骚扰了玛丽萨几个月 |
[14:48] | If she had a picture that could’ve exonerated Louis, | 如果她有一张能证明路易斯无罪的照片 |
[14:51] | why did she testify against him? | 为什么她还要出庭指证他呢 |
[14:52] | At the time of the trial, | 庭审当时 |
[14:53] | she probably didn’t know what she had. | 她可能都不知道她掌握了什么 |
[14:55] | On a phone or even a computer, | 在手机上看 甚至是用电脑 |
[14:57] | Louis and his car are too small to make out. | 路易斯和他的车都太小了 看不出来 |
[14:58] | You can only really see them | 只有从埃弗赖姆·希尔 |
[15:00] | in Ephraim Hill’s enlarged version of the selfie. | 放大的版本上才能看到 |
[15:03] | You figure Marissa’s killer is still out there. | 你认为杀玛丽萨的凶手还在逍遥法外 |
[15:06] | He saw the selfie from the gallery | 他在画廊里看到了这张自拍 |
[15:09] | and figured he had to do something? | 然后决定要做些什么 |
[15:11] | Well, it’s more likely that Phoebe recognized Louis | 更有可能是菲比看到放大的版本时 |
[15:13] | when she saw the enlarged version. | 认出了路易斯 |
[15:15] | Phoebe and Marissa ran in the same social circles. | 菲比和玛丽萨的社交圈都相同 |
[15:17] | It’s possible that | 有可能 |
[15:19] | she confided in Marissa’s real killer | 她把这事告诉了真凶 |
[15:20] | without even realizing it. | 自己都没察觉到 |
[15:22] | Lucky for him, | 他很幸运 |
[15:23] | Phoebe scrubbed her college photos off the Internet | 在埃弗赖姆·希尔盗用了菲比的照片后 |
[15:25] | sometime after Ephraim Hill snagged her picture. | 她就把她在网络上的大学照片都撤下来了 |
[15:28] | Her brother said she didn’t want anything out there | 她哥哥说她不想让任何事 |
[15:30] | that could mess up her job prospects. | 影响到她未来的就业 |
[15:33] | So, by planting the forgery, | 所以 通过掉包 |
[15:34] | killing Phoebe and getting rid of her phone, | 杀死菲比并处理掉她的手机 |
[15:36] | and by getting rid of Ephraim’s laptop, | 处理掉埃弗赖姆的笔记本电脑 |
[15:38] | the killer hopes to keep Louis Bowman in prison forever. | 凶手想要让路易斯·鲍曼一辈子坐牢 |
[15:41] | The only thing he wasn’t counting on | 他百密一疏的是 |
[15:43] | was Skyden preserving Phoebe’s original image. | 司盖登保留着菲比的那张原始照片 |
[15:46] | And Louis’ alibi along with it. | 而路易斯的不在场证据也随之被保留了 |
[15:51] | So who wants to give the good news to Louis Bowman? | 那么谁想去告诉路易斯·鲍曼这个好消息呢 |
[15:54] | I told them. | 我跟他们说过 |
[15:55] | I didn’t hurt her. | 我没有杀她 |
[15:57] | I-I told them a billion times i did not hurt Marissa, | 我跟他们说了无数遍我没杀玛丽萨 |
[16:01] | and they… they wouldn’t listen to me. | 可他们 他们不听我的 |
[16:04] | Probably because there was so much proof | 可能是因为有太多的证据显示 |
[16:06] | you were stalking her. | 你当时跟踪过她 |
[16:11] | When I was in college, I was… | 我上大学的时候 我 |
[16:14] | awkward. You know. | 很笨 你懂得 |
[16:16] | When… I liked someone, | 当我喜欢上某个人时 |
[16:19] | I would get obsessed. | 我就会迷恋上她 |
[16:22] | And with Marissa, I would just… | 对玛丽萨 我就是 |
[16:25] | send texts nonstop. | 不停地发短信 |
[16:27] | And sometimes I would hang around her apartment | 有时我会在她公寓周围晃荡 |
[16:29] | just to feel close to her. | 就是为了能离她更近 |
[16:30] | I couldn’t help myself. | 我控制不住自己 |
[16:33] | But a couple months after I got here, you know, | 但我进来之后几个月 |
[16:35] | I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. | 我被诊断为患有焦虑症 |
[16:37] | So I take medication now. | 所以我现在一直在吃药 |
[16:38] | I- I don’t get those feelings. | 已经没有那种感觉了 |
[16:41] | Well, our colleague is speaking with your public defender | 我们的同事正在跟你的公派律师 |
[16:43] | and the attorney who prosecuted you right now. | 和起诉你的检察官交谈 |
[16:46] | He’s just gathering information, but… | 他还在收集资料 不过 |
[16:48] | I gotta think this is gonna give both of them | 我觉得他们俩都会重新考虑 |
[16:50] | second thoughts about you being here. | 你是否还应该被关在这里 |
[16:52] | Yeah. | 这个嘛 |
[16:53] | Well, I’d be a lot more excited | 如果我的律师不是个蠢货 |
[16:55] | if my lawyer weren’t a moron. | 我可能会更激动一些 |
[16:57] | Three years ago, | 三年前 |
[16:58] | I told him that I had seen the real killer. | 我跟他说过我见过真凶 |
[17:01] | He didn’t believe me. | 他却不相信我 |
[17:03] | Y… you saw the real killer? | 你见过真凶吗 |
[17:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:06] | One night I was… | 有一天晚上 我 |
[17:09] | I was parked outside of Marissa’s place. | 我把车停在玛丽萨家楼下 |
[17:12] | And I saw this guy leaving. | 我看到这个人离开了 |
[17:14] | He was wearing a Baja sweater. | 他当时穿着巴哈毛衣 |
[17:16] | It- it had this white and green pattern on it, | 就是有白色和绿色图案的那种 |
[17:18] | and the hood was up, | 而且还把帽兜戴上了 |
[17:18] | so I couldn’t see his face. | 所以我看不见他的脸 |
[17:20] | But Marissa was really upset. | 不过玛丽萨当时很生气 |
[17:23] | And she was yelling about… | 她在喊什么 |
[17:26] | being sick of it. | 受够了 |
[17:28] | So… | 然后 |
[17:29] | a couple days later, she was dead. | 几天后 她就死了 |
[17:31] | Why didn’t any of this come up at the trial? | 为什么庭审的时候没有提到这些 |
[17:33] | Well, I told you, my public defender, he’s the worst. | 我说了 我那个公派律师 太差了 |
[17:36] | You know, he wouldn’t let me testify. | 他都不让我作证 |
[17:38] | He wanted me to take the plea. | 他想让我认罪 |
[17:39] | He… he thought I did it. | 他觉得就是我干的 |
[17:42] | Did you tell the police about the man you saw? | 你跟警察说过你见到的那个人吗 |
[17:44] | Of course I told the police, | 我当然告诉过警察 |
[17:44] | but they were too busy trying to frame me. | 不过他们只是一心想陷害我 |
[17:49] | Before I met Marissa, I was… | 在我认识玛丽萨之前 我 |
[17:53] | I was seeing this girl. Amanda Neal. | 我跟一个女孩好过 阿曼达·尼尔 |
[17:56] | It ended badly, so she dropped out | 不过分手时很不愉快 后来她退学了 |
[17:58] | and she joined the police academy. | 而且去了警校 |
[18:00] | You think she set you up. | 你觉得是她陷害的你 |
[18:01] | They said that my DNA was all over Marissa’s body, | 他们说玛丽萨的尸体上都是我的DNA |
[18:03] | but that- that’s impossible, | 但那不可能 |
[18:04] | because I hadn’t seen her in weeks. | 因为我都好几周没见过她了 |
[18:06] | And Amanda, she- she had it out for me, | 而阿曼达 她跟我有仇 |
[18:08] | so… so I’m thinking either she | 所以我觉得要么是她 |
[18:11] | or- or one of her cop friends, they… | 要么就是她的一个警察朋友 |
[18:14] | they planted evidence. | 他们栽赃陷害了我 |
[18:15] | That- That’s the only explanation. | 这是唯一的解释 |
[18:21] | I have to say, I… | 不得不说 |
[18:23] | I’m not sure why we’re here. | 我真不知道我们要谈什么 |
[18:25] | The case against Louis Bowman | 路易斯·鲍曼案子的证据 |
[18:27] | was hardly circumstantial. | 都是确凿的 |
[18:29] | His own attorney didn’t want him to take the stand. | 他的律师不想让他为自己辩护 |
[18:32] | Because you believed he was guilty. | 因为他相信他是有罪的 |
[18:34] | The State had a strong case. | 政府的胜率很大 |
[18:36] | I advised Louis to accept a plea bargain | 我当时建议路易斯接受认罪协议 |
[18:38] | so he could get out while he still had some life left to live. | 这样他还能有命活着出来 |
[18:40] | Were either of you surprised he refused to take a deal? | 你们对他不愿意接受协议感到意外吗 |
[18:43] | Well, I don’t prosecute based on | 我可不是基于被告 |
[18:44] | the defendant’s response to a plea offer. | 对认罪协议的态度来起诉他的 |
[18:47] | Louis Bowman was our only suspect. | 路易斯·鲍曼当时是我们唯一的嫌疑人 |
[18:50] | We had hard physical evidence against him. | 我们有实实在在的物证 |
[18:52] | I did my job, Shawn did his. | 我做了我该做的 肖恩也是 |
[18:54] | Justice was served. | 正义得到了伸张 |
[18:56] | Phoebe Elliot’s photograph suggests otherwise. | 菲比·埃利奥特的照片说明事实恰恰相反 |
[18:59] | The image could be fabricated. | 照片可能是伪造的 |
[19:01] | The date and time stamp could be inaccurate. | 日期和时间可能不准确 |
[19:03] | It’s also not clear | 而且也不确定 |
[19:04] | that the man in this picture is Louis Bowman. | 照片里的那个人就是路易斯·鲍曼 |
[19:07] | Someone else could’ve been driving his car. | 可能是别人开了他的车 |
[19:09] | Or the image could be exactly as it appears | 也可能事实就是照片上的那样 |
[19:12] | and you could have put an innocent man behind bars. | 而你们让一个无辜的人进了监狱 |
[19:14] | If you discount the physical evidence, sure. | 如果不考虑物证 当然有可能 |
[19:16] | But you can’t. | 但不能不考虑物证 |
[19:18] | Look, all you have is a fuzzy picture | 你手头仅有一张模糊的照片 |
[19:20] | and an even fuzzier theory | 和一套更模糊的理论 |
[19:21] | about the police planting Louis Bowman’s spit. | 怀疑路易斯·鲍曼的唾液是警方栽赃的 |
[19:24] | How do you plant spit? | 唾液怎么栽赃 |
[19:26] | The police took cheek swabs from Louis during his arrest. | 警方在路易斯被捕后对他进行了口腔内壁拭样 |
[19:29] | Which could have been used to create trace evidence, at best. | 很可能就是用采集的样本伪造出了物证 |
[19:33] | There was enough saliva on Marissa’s shirt | 玛丽萨衬衫上全都是唾液 |
[19:35] | to soak all the way through to her bra. | 胸罩都被浸湿了 |
[19:38] | That didn’t come from any cheek swab. | 这可不是口腔内壁拭样能伪造的 |
[19:41] | But don’t take my word for it. | 不过别听我一面之词 |
[19:44] | Take a look at our work. | 看看卷宗 |
[19:46] | I’m sure you’ll agree | 我相信你也会赞同 |
[19:48] | we got the right guy. | 我们没抓错人 |
[19:53] | Can’t believe he said he was my boyfriend. | 真不敢相信他居然说自己曾是我男友 |
[19:56] | Why would you believe him? | 你们为何要相信他 |
[19:58] | So you two never dated? | 所以你俩没约会过吗 |
[20:01] | I went out with Louis twice. | 我和路易斯约会过两次 |
[20:03] | But when I told him that we should just be friends, | 但后来我告诉他还是保持朋友关系 |
[20:05] | he didn’t get it. | 但他没理解我的意思 |
[20:06] | Kept texting me, hanging around my dorm… | 还是给我发短信 出没在我宿舍附近… |
[20:09] | Is that why you dropped out of school? | 你就是因此才辍学的吗 |
[20:10] | No. | 不是 |
[20:11] | College just wasn’t for me. | 大学不适合我 |
[20:14] | Louis was annoying, | 路易斯是很招人烦 |
[20:16] | but back then I thought he was harmless. | 但我当时觉得他没什么恶意 |
[20:19] | Marissa probably | 玛丽萨大概也这么认为 |
[20:20] | right up until he killed her. | 可后来他却杀了她 |
[20:22] | Like we said, we are investigating the possibility | 我们说过 我们探讨的是 |
[20:24] | that he did not kill her. | 他无罪的可能性 |
[20:26] | Then you’re both idiots. | 那你俩真是太傻了 |
[20:29] | He thinks that you planted DNA evidence on her body. | 他认为是你在死者身上栽赃了他的DNA |
[20:33] | I’m a Connecticut state trooper. | 我是个康涅狄格州的巡逻警 |
[20:35] | I write speeding tickets. | 我的工作是开超速罚单 |
[20:37] | I don’t have access to murder investigations. | 我无权参与凶杀案调查 |
[20:40] | We looked into you. | 我们调查过你 |
[20:42] | There’s a lot of cops in your family. | 你们家真是警察世家 |
[20:44] | Your dad’s a state trooper, just like you; | 你父亲跟你一样也是巡逻警 |
[20:46] | your uncle’s a captain in Waterbury PD. | 你叔叔是沃特伯里警局的警监 |
[20:49] | Your brother and three cousins are all on the job, | 你哥哥以及三位表亲也都是同行 |
[20:52] | different jurisdictions, all over the state. | 只是分布在州里不同辖区而已 |
[20:55] | Right. Now I remember. | 没错 现在我想起来了 |
[20:57] | I called them all up | 我把他们集合起来 |
[20:58] | and told them I needed help putting Louis’ saliva | 跟他们说 我需要有人帮我把路易斯的唾液 |
[21:01] | on my friend’s dead body. | 放到我朋友的尸体上去 |
[21:03] | I kept a jar of the stuff | 我离开学校的时候 |
[21:04] | after I left school. | 带走了一整罐唾液呢 |
[21:06] | You probably think that’s weird, too. | 你们大概觉得这也很奇怪吧 |
[21:11] | Would you excuse me a moment? | 我出去一下 |
[21:21] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[21:22] | Who the hell do you think you are? | 你以为你自己是谁 |
[21:24] | Calling my mother? | 居然打电话给我妈 |
[21:27] | Come with me. | 到这边来 |
[21:29] | In case you haven’t noticed, we are in a police station. | 提醒你一下 这里是警局 |
[21:32] | You need to get yourself under control. | 你要控制好自己的情绪 |
[21:33] | Oh, I’m sorry. Did I break the rules? | 真不好意思 我犯法了吗 |
[21:36] | I figured since you thought it was okay to call my mom, | 我还以为既然你觉得给我妈打电话没什么 |
[21:38] | you wouldn’t mind me coming by your work. | 那也不会介意我在你工作时来访吧 |
[21:40] | I told you I had some questions about my father. | 我跟你说过 我对于我父亲还有些疑问 |
[21:42] | Well, since you asked so nicely, here’s something else | 既然你问得这么恭敬 那就告诉你一些 |
[21:45] | you might find interesting. | 可能让你感兴趣的事 |
[21:46] | Five years after he left, he came back. | 他离开我们五年后 又回来了 |
[21:49] | My mom, to her credit, | 值得一提的是 我妈妈 |
[21:50] | told him to get lost, to go back to his first family. | 让他滚 滚回他之前的家庭去 |
[21:53] | But he said he couldn’t. | 但他说自己办不到 |
[21:54] | He said that you and your brother and your mom | 他说你 你母亲和你哥哥 |
[21:56] | had replaced him. | 驱逐了他 |
[21:58] | You weren’t even using his last name. | 你们甚至不再跟他姓了 |
[22:00] | You were ashamed of it, ashamed of him. | 你们对那姓 对他都感到羞愧 |
[22:02] | And he hated you for it. | 他也因此而憎恨你们 |
[22:04] | And I mean hated, Joan. | 是发自心底的憎恨 乔恩 |
[22:06] | He wished you were all dead. | 他希望你们都死掉 |
[22:08] | And now that I’ve met you, | 如今我见到你 |
[22:09] | I get it. | 我就明白了这感觉 |
[22:11] | Leave me and my mother alone. | 别再来烦我和我妈妈 |
[22:25] | If you’re curious to know how my meeting with the attorneys went, | 如果你是好奇我跟辩护律师谈得如何 |
[22:27] | it’s gonna be a short conversation. | 那就没什么好聊的 |
[22:29] | Yeah, well, I’m not calling about Marissa Kagan’s murder. | 我找你不是因为玛丽萨·凯根的案子 |
[22:32] | I’m calling about Phoebe Elliot’s. | 是菲比·埃利奥特的案子 |
[22:34] | You might want to get back down here. | 要不你来局里一趟吧 |
[22:35] | The car the shooter used the other night | 枪手在案发当晚使用的车辆 |
[22:37] | turned up in Connecticut. | 在康涅狄格州出现了 |
[22:38] | We’ve got a suspect in custody. | 我们拘捕了一名嫌疑人 |
[22:43] | I told you yesterday. | 我昨天就跟你们说了 |
[22:45] | I love Phoebe. | 我爱菲比 |
[22:46] | She was my sister. | 她是我妹妹 |
[22:47] | I didn’t kill her. | 我没杀她 |
[22:48] | The evidence says you did. | 但证据指向了你 |
[22:50] | What evidence? | 什么证据 |
[22:51] | The night Phoebe died, | 菲比死亡那晚 |
[22:53] | this car was stolen from behind | 这辆车在康涅狄格州西哈特福市 |
[22:54] | a restaurant in West Hartford, Connecticut. | 一家餐馆后院被盗 |
[22:57] | It was found a few hours later, abandoned in Bridgeport. | 却在几个小时后被人遗弃在布里奇波特 |
[23:01] | Her blood was all over the rear passenger-side door. | 后座车门上满是她的血迹 |
[23:04] | Now, it took the local cops some time to connect it | 当地警方费了些功夫 |
[23:06] | to your sister’s murder in New York, | 才把车跟你妹妹在纽约被杀联系起来 |
[23:08] | but when they did, | 但两者联系到一起后 |
[23:09] | we sent them the DNA you gave us, | 我们把你的DNA样本拿去比对 |
[23:11] | and it was a perfect match | 结果却和在车中提取的 |
[23:12] | for DNA found inside the vehicle. | DNA完全吻合 |
[23:16] | It’s not possible… | 这不可能… |
[23:17] | – Sure, it is. – You were crying earlier. | -完全可能 -你哭过 |
[23:19] | – You stole this car in West Hartford, Connecticut. – No, I wasn’t. | -你在西哈特福偷了这车 -我没哭 |
[23:24] | The capillaries in your eyes | 你眼球上 |
[23:25] | have increased in prominence, and that’s not a symptom | 布满了血丝 且这症状并不是因为 |
[23:28] | of the upper-respiratory infection you’ve been fighting, | 你得了上呼吸道感染而引起的 |
[23:30] | and tree pollen, to which you have an allergy, is very low. | 花粉过敏的可能性也很低 |
[23:34] | Did you speak to Lin Wen again? | 你又去见闻玲了吗 |
[23:36] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈这事 |
[23:37] | This is bull. | 这真是胡扯 |
[23:39] | You steal cars, Keith. | 你是偷车贼 基斯 |
[23:40] | It’s what landed you in prison. | 你就是因偷车而入狱的 |
[23:42] | I used to steal cars. | 我过去偷过车 |
[23:44] | I hotwired them. | 搭线点火 |
[23:46] | Old sports cars. | 都是老款越野车 |
[23:47] | Vettes and Porsches parked | 纽约街上到处停着 |
[23:48] | on the streets of New York. | 威特和保时捷 |
[23:50] | But you’re saying I stole a 2012 four-door | 可你说我从康涅狄格州的一个泊车点 |
[23:52] | from a valet lot in Connecticut? | 偷了一辆2012年产的四开门车 |
[23:53] | Any car will do when you’re looking to commit a murder, right? | 想杀人 不用在乎是什么车 不是吗 |
[23:57] | And you’re forgetting about the DNA. | 你还忘了DNA |
[23:58] | You planted it, obviously, because I didn’t steal this car! | 很显然是你们放的 因为我没偷这车 |
[24:01] | And I sure as hell didn’t kill my sister! | 而且我他妈确定没有杀害我妹妹 |
[24:03] | You said Louis Bowman also accused the police | 你说路易斯·鲍曼也指控警察 |
[24:05] | of planting DNA, didn’t you? | 栽赃了DNA 是吗 |
[24:06] | Yeah, why? | 对 怎么了 |
[24:08] | Just odd, isn’t it? | 很奇怪 不是吗 |
[24:08] | Two men making such a bold accusation | 两个人在几小时内接连提出 |
[24:10] | just within hours of each other. | 如此大胆的指控 |
[24:12] | Especially given the fact that we think | 尤其考虑到我们认为 |
[24:13] | Louis Bowman may well be innocent. | 路易斯·鲍曼可能是清白的 |
[24:16] | Yes, it’s odd, but Marissa Kagan | 是很奇怪 可玛丽萨·凯根 |
[24:18] | was killed in Bristol, Connecticut | 是在康涅狄格州的布里斯托被害的 |
[24:20] | and Phoebe Elliot died in the Bronx. | 而菲比·埃利奥特死于布朗克斯区 |
[24:22] | I mean, do you honestly think two different police departments | 你真认为两家不同的警局 |
[24:24] | in two different states, including the one we work in, | 分属不同的州 包括我们效力的这家 |
[24:27] | are just gonna sprinkle DNA around | 会因为需要结案 |
[24:28] | whenever they need to close a case? | 而去随便洒DNA吗 |
[24:30] | That’s right, Phoebe died in the Bronx. | 没错 菲比死于布朗克斯区 |
[24:33] | Marcus said the shooter’s car was abandoned | 马库斯说凶手的车在布里奇波特被丢弃 |
[24:34] | in Bridgeport, and that’s also odd, isn’t it? | 那也很奇怪 不是吗 |
[24:36] | Someone stealing a car in Connecticut | 有人在康涅狄格州偷车 |
[24:38] | to commit a murder in New York, | 然后在纽约杀人 |
[24:39] | only to drive it all the way back to Connecticut. | 然后原路开回康涅狄格州 |
[24:44] | You have a copy of the lab report | 你有那份指出基斯在车里的 |
[24:45] | that places Keith in the car? | 实验室报告的副本吗 |
[24:46] | Yeah, it’s right there. | 有 就在那 |
[24:54] | I retract my earlier theory. | 我收回之前的理论 |
[24:56] | I don’t think anyone planted evidence in either case. | 我不认为有人在任何案件中放置了证据 |
[24:58] | If I’m right, the killer didn’t have to. | 如果我是对的 凶手没必要这么做 |
[25:00] | She can create any evidence she desires. | 她可以创造出任何她想要的证据 |
[25:10] | I tested the samples personally. | 我亲自检测了样本 |
[25:13] | The DNA was a match for Keith Elliot. | DNA和基斯·埃利奥特的吻合 |
[25:16] | Well, you’re a supervisor, Ms. Mercado. | 你是主管 默卡多女士 |
[25:18] | Do you normally run tests like these yourself? | 你通常会亲自做这类检测吗 |
[25:20] | I do all the high priority cases. | 我会负责所有高优先级的案子 |
[25:22] | Rapes, murders– that kind of thing. | 强奸案 谋杀案 这类的 |
[25:25] | I want to make sure they’re done right. | 我想确定他们是被正确检测的 |
[25:26] | And they were done right with Keith Elliot. | 而基斯·埃利奥特案子的检测没有问题 |
[25:28] | We found multiple sources of DNA in the car. | 我们在车内找到多种DNA源 |
[25:30] | And one was a definitive match for your suspect. | 有一处明确符合嫌犯的 |
[25:33] | Were there any alleles missing? | 有等位基因遗失吗 |
[25:35] | It was a complete match. | 是完全吻合的 |
[25:36] | How many loci? | 有多少个基因座 |
[25:37] | Thirteen. | 13个 |
[25:38] | And was it a match for hair or skin samples? | 是和头发样本还是皮肤样本吻合 |
[25:40] | Hair. | 头发 |
[25:41] | Yes, ’cause according to our records, | 好吧 可是根据我们的资料显示 |
[25:43] | there were nine strands of hair found in the vehicle. | 车内共发现了九缕头发 |
[25:45] | But none of them with the root attached. | 但是每一缕都没有发根 |
[25:46] | That would make it very, very hard | 要得到完全配对 |
[25:48] | to get an exact match, wouldn’t it? | 会非常困难 不是吗 |
[25:49] | Sorry, I meant skin. | 不好意思 我是说皮肤 |
[25:52] | It was a skin match. | 是和皮肤吻合 |
[25:54] | The samples didn’t actually match. | 样本并没有完全吻合 |
[25:55] | Did they, Ms. Mercado? | 对吗 默卡多女士 |
[25:57] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[25:59] | We’ve studied your record. | 我们研究了你的档案 |
[26:01] | You’re very fast. | 你非常快 |
[26:02] | And you’ve had an unusually high rate of results | 而且你得出的结果对控方有利的概率 |
[26:05] | that support the State. | 高得吓人 |
[26:06] | I’m good at my job. | 我对我的工作很在行 |
[26:07] | But we don’t think you actually do your job at all. | 但我们认为你根本没履行职责 |
[26:10] | We think you rely on “Dry-labbing.” | 我们认为你是依赖”模拟实验” |
[26:12] | You write false reports. | 你开假的报告 |
[26:13] | Which conform to the wishes of the authorities, | 都是遵照权威的意愿 |
[26:15] | instead of actually testing the samples that you’re given. | 而不是真的检测交给你的样本 |
[26:17] | It’s not like this kind of thing hasn’t happened before. | 这种事不是没有发生过 |
[26:20] | They’ve had the same problem in Massachusetts, | 同样的问题还出现在马萨诸塞州 |
[26:22] | North Carolina; even the FBI’s lab | 北卡罗莱纳州 甚至是联调局实验室 |
[26:24] | has made thousands of questionable hair matches | 过去二十多年也有数以千计的 |
[26:26] | over the last 20 years, including 32 | 有问题的头发匹配 |
[26:28] | in death penalty cases. | 包括32起死刑案 |
[26:30] | Sometimes it’s inexperience. | 有时是没经验 |
[26:31] | Sometimes it’s just incompetence, | 有时是不称职 |
[26:32] | but you– you’re a supervisor. | 可你 你是主管 |
[26:34] | I think you know what you’re doing. | 我想你知道你在干什么 |
[26:36] | So perhaps you’re just driven by a desire to feel important, | 所以也许你是被 渴望做重要角色 |
[26:38] | to be the hero, to be the key witness | 渴望当英雄 渴望做关键证人所驱动 |
[26:40] | putting bad guys away– am I right? | 把坏人关起来 我说得对吗 |
[26:42] | I have an excellent reputation. | 我名声在外 |
[26:43] | Ask anyone– I am an asset to law enforcement. | 随便去问谁 我是执法机构的资产 |
[26:46] | Yes, but you’re not supposed to be an asset, are you? | 是的 可你不该当一个资产 不是吗 |
[26:48] | You’re supposed to be a scientist. | 你该做一名科学家 |
[26:49] | You’re supposed to be an impartial seeker of truth. | 你应该做追求真理的中立者 |
[26:53] | But you’re not, you’re a charlatan! | 可你不是 你是个江湖骗子 |
[26:54] | And you’ve sent at least one innocent man to prison– | 而你已经至少害一名无辜的人进了监狱 |
[26:56] | Louis Bowman! | 路易斯·鲍曼 |
[26:58] | I stand by my work. | 我坚持我的工作结果 |
[26:59] | Then you won’t mind if we retest | 那你不会介意我们在另一家机构 |
[27:01] | all the evidence in the Phoebe Elliot case | 重新检测菲比·埃利奥特案件的 |
[27:03] | at another facility? | 全部证据吧 |
[27:05] | Because if we’re right about what’s going on here, | 因为如果我们是对的 |
[27:07] | the person who had the best motive to kill her was you. | 最有动机杀她的人就是你 |
[27:12] | You’re police. | 你们是警方 |
[27:13] | You know how things work. | 你们知道是怎么办事的 |
[27:15] | In most cases, even high profile ones, | 大多数案子 甚至是高度侧写的案子 |
[27:18] | detectives figure out who did it | 警探会找出是谁做的 |
[27:20] | by talking to the right people, following their gut. | 通过跟正确的人谈话 相信他们的直觉 |
[27:23] | It’s finding proof that’s tough. | 真正难的是找证据证明 |
[27:26] | You used to be able to get convictions | 之前可以通过证人证词 |
[27:28] | with witness statements or circumstantial evidence, | 或者间接证据来定罪 |
[27:31] | but these days | 可现在 |
[27:33] | juries want something physical. | 陪审团想要点实际的东西 |
[27:35] | They want DNA. | 他们要DNA |
[27:37] | And you give it to them. | 而你就提供给他们 |
[27:40] | I’m on your side. | 我是你们这边的 |
[27:42] | You know that DNA can be more subjective | 你知道DNA比人们想的 |
[27:44] | than people think. | 更主观 |
[27:45] | It can be hard to find an uncontaminated sample. | 很难找到一个不被污染的样本 |
[27:48] | The results can be inconclusive. | 结论可能是不确定的 |
[27:50] | So when the police are sure who did it, | 当警察确定凶手 |
[27:52] | but the tests aren’t clear, | 但证据不清晰的时候 |
[27:54] | I give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt. | 我会给执法机构怀疑的理由 |
[27:58] | You frame people. | 你陷害别人 |
[28:00] | You corrupt the justice process from the inside. | 你从内部败坏司法程序 |
[28:03] | I help get convictions. | 我帮助定罪 |
[28:05] | Louis Bowman got a life sentence thanks to you. | 因为你 路易斯·鲍曼被判终生监禁 |
[28:08] | Only it’s looking more and more | 但是越来越像是 |
[28:09] | like he didn’t kill Marissa Kagan three years ago. | 他三年前没有杀玛丽萨·凯根 |
[28:12] | We think that when Phoebe Elliot realized she had | 我们认为当菲比·埃利奥特发现 |
[28:14] | a picture that could exonerate him, | 她有可以证明他无罪的照片时 |
[28:17] | she told someone. | 她告诉了某个人 |
[28:18] | Maybe it was you. | 也许是你 |
[28:19] | Maybe it was the lab to confirm | 也许是检测DNA |
[28:21] | whether the DNA was accurate. | 是否准确的实验室 |
[28:24] | If that was the case, | 如果是这样 |
[28:25] | you would’ve realized how much was at stake. | 你意识到了危险 |
[28:27] | An audit would uncover the same pattern that we found. | 一次审核就会暴露我们发现的模式 |
[28:29] | You were in danger of going to jail. | 你面临进监狱的危险 |
[28:31] | And having every conviction | 同时你帮助定罪的所有案件 |
[28:33] | that you’d engineered overturned. | 都要被推翻重来 |
[28:35] | Killing Phoebe would stop that from happening. | 杀了菲比可以防止那些事情发生 |
[28:37] | I told you I didn’t do that. | 我说过了 不是我做的 |
[28:40] | I never even met the woman. | 我都没见过这个女人 |
[28:41] | Phoebe was shot in the Bronx. | 菲比在布朗克斯区被杀 |
[28:43] | But her killer drove a car | 但凶手却把满是证据的车 |
[28:45] | full of evidence all the way to Bridgeport. | 开到了布里奇波特 |
[28:47] | And the only reason to do that | 这么做的唯一理由 |
[28:48] | was to make sure that that car was processed | 就是确保这辆车会在康涅狄格州法医实验室 |
[28:51] | at the Connecticut forensics lab– your lab– | 你的实验室被检测 |
[28:53] | where you could implicate whoever you wanted. | 这样你就可以陷害你想陷害的人 |
[28:55] | Phoebe’s brother was the lowest hanging fruit. | 菲比的兄弟就是最好的人选 |
[28:58] | You said yourself good police work | 你说过好的警察工作 |
[29:00] | usually reveals the killer. | 总会揭示凶手 |
[29:01] | In this case, you have means and motive. | 这样看来 你有动机也有手段 |
[29:03] | And unless you can provide us with an alibi, | 除非你能提供不在场证明 |
[29:05] | you also have opportunity. | 否则你也有作案的时机 |
[29:07] | I was home alone that night. | 那天晚上我独自在家 |
[29:08] | But I can prove I didn’t kill her. | 但我能证明我没有杀她 |
[29:10] | Recheck the DNA evidence from the stolen car | 你们可以在你们自己的实验室重新检测 |
[29:12] | in your own lab. | 被偷的车里的DNA证据 |
[29:14] | Or a private lab. | 或者在私人实验室 |
[29:15] | Or any lab you want. | 或者任何实验室 |
[29:17] | You’ll see that none of it belongs to me. | 你们会看到 车里并没有我的DNA |
[29:19] | What would that prove? | 那又能证明什么 |
[29:20] | You’re an expert. | 你是专家 |
[29:21] | You could’ve removed your DNA. | 你可以移除自己的DNA |
[29:23] | Or worn protective gear to make sure | 或者穿戴防护服来确保 |
[29:25] | it never ended up in that car in the first place. | 车里不会有你的DNA |
[29:28] | I could’ve removed all the DNA from that car, sure. | 确实 我能把所有证据从车里移除 |
[29:31] | But to remove only my own, that would be a neat trick. | 但只移除我自己的 可不是个简单的事 |
[29:36] | As far as protective gear goes, | 至于防护服 |
[29:38] | why would I risk getting pulled over | 为什么我要冒着可能会被警察叫住的风险 |
[29:40] | for driving around in a Hazmat suit? | 穿着防护服开车到处逛 |
[29:42] | In your version of the story, | 用你们的说法 |
[29:44] | I knew that I’d be processing the evidence, | 我知道会是我检测证据 |
[29:46] | so I wouldn’t have needed to keep my DNA out of the car, | 所以我无需从车里移除我自己的DNA |
[29:49] | because I never would’ve reported a match to myself. | 因为我肯定不会上报证据跟我自己吻合 |
[29:52] | Right? | 对吧 |
[29:54] | I didn’t kill anyone. | 我没有杀任何人 |
[29:57] | Do the tests. | 你们可以去检测 |
[29:58] | Do them right. | 好好检测 |
[29:59] | You’ll see I’m innocent. | 你们会发现我是无辜的 |
[30:07] | Every piece of evidence she ever handled, | 她提交的每一份证据 |
[30:09] | every lab report with her name on it, | 她签名的每一份实验室报告 |
[30:11] | it’s all got to be reexamined, | 都要被重新检查 |
[30:13] | which means hundreds of cases | 这意味着康涅狄格州 |
[30:15] | getting reopened in Connecticut. | 将有无数的案子要重新审理 |
[30:16] | Of course, in the meantime, we got our own problems. | 同时 我们有自己的问题 |
[30:18] | I’m not convinced that she killed Phoebe Elliot. | 我不认为是她杀了菲比·埃利奥特 |
[30:21] | Nor am I. | 我也是 |
[30:22] | You have to appreciate the irony. | 真是讽刺 |
[30:23] | Were someone like Ms. Mercado to process the evidence | 如果有人想要默卡多女士检测证据 |
[30:25] | they would happily provide | 他们会很愿意提供 |
[30:27] | the false match needed for a conviction, | 定罪需要的假证据 |
[30:28] | but an honest test would likely exonerate her. | 但一个诚实的检测就会让她无罪 |
[30:31] | Still, whoever killed Phoebe had to have known about her, right? | 但是杀了菲比的人肯定知道她 对吧 |
[30:34] | Why else would they drive the car all the way to Connecticut? | 否则他们为什么要把车开到康涅狄格州 |
[30:36] | They were counting on her doing what she did. | 他们想让她做她之前做过的事 |
[30:39] | They knew that no matter what the test revealed, | 他们知道无论检测结果是什么 |
[30:40] | her report would confirm the police’s initial suspect. | 她的报告会肯定警察的初步怀疑 |
[30:44] | Her ability to produce evidence on demand | 她按照需要去提交证据 |
[30:46] | can’t have gone completely unnoticed | 整个康涅狄格州的刑事司法系统 |
[30:47] | by Connecticut’s entire criminal justice system. | 不可能没人知道 |
[30:49] | Which means we’re probably | 这说明我们要找的人 |
[30:51] | looking for someone in law enforcement. | 可能是执法机构里的人 |
[31:10] | Could we talk? | 能谈谈吗 |
[31:16] | More detective stuff? | 又有侦探工作了 |
[31:17] | A technician’s been falsifying evidence | 犯罪实验室里的一个技术员 |
[31:19] | at a crime lab. | 一直在纂改证据 |
[31:20] | We think someone knew and took advantage. | 我们认为有人知道并利用了这一点 |
[31:22] | I was going through all of her cases | 我在看她办过的所有案件 |
[31:23] | and making lists of the people | 然后列出所有 |
[31:24] | who were in the habit of steering work her way. | 习惯于她工作方式的人 |
[31:29] | No Sherlock? | 夏洛克不在 |
[31:30] | He’s talking to a suspect we already know about. | 他在和一个我们已经知道的嫌疑人谈话 |
[31:38] | I don’t do this very often, so I may suck at it, | 我不常这么做 所以我可能不是很擅长 |
[31:40] | but I came to apologize. | 我是来道歉的 |
[31:42] | Obviously, I have a lot of unresolved anger over my father. | 显然 我对我父亲有些未化解的怒气 |
[31:46] | Our father. | 我们的父亲 |
[31:50] | I lied when I said he hated you. | 我说他恨你是我骗你的 |
[31:52] | He never came back to us, and as far as I know, | 他从来没有回来 |
[31:54] | he never even knew your mom remarried. | 据我所知 他不知道你妈妈再婚的事 |
[31:57] | So I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[32:02] | Well, I had a feeling that you… might get angry | 我有预感你可能会生气 |
[32:06] | after you found out that I called your mother, | 因为我给你母亲打了电话 |
[32:08] | so I’m sorry, too. | 我也很抱歉 |
[32:10] | I’ve never really been good at taking no for an answer. | 我不太擅长接受别人拒绝我的道歉 |
[32:13] | Pretty sure that’s a Yun family trait. | 这应该是云家人的特点 |
[32:16] | Not knowing when to quit. | 不知道什么时候该放弃 |
[32:17] | When in doubt, charge ahead. | 有怀疑的时候 就一直前进 |
[32:22] | You have the right to be curious about Dad. | 你有权对爸爸感到好奇 |
[32:25] | Like you said, for you, he’s a mystery. | 就像你说的 对你来说 他是个谜 |
[32:27] | But for me… | 但对我来说 |
[32:30] | I remember him giving me piggyback rides | 他只是个会把我背在背上 |
[32:32] | and calling me silly nicknames. | 给我起各种绰号的爸爸 |
[32:34] | And I remember him getting angry and confused, | 我记得他变得愤怒与困惑 |
[32:36] | and then he was gone. | 后来他就走了 |
[32:39] | He was someone that I had and I lost, | 他是一个我曾经拥有又失去了的人 |
[32:41] | and it hurts to think about that. | 每次想到这点我都会难过 |
[32:45] | Anyway, um, I talked to Mom, | 不管怎样 我跟妈妈聊过了 |
[32:48] | and she said it’s okay if you want to call her again. | 她说你想再联系她的话也没关系 |
[32:56] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[33:03] | Good luck with all this. | 祝你好运 |
[33:14] | I already told you I didn’t have anything to do | 我已经告诉你们了 我和三年前 |
[33:16] | with Marissa’s case three years ago. | 玛丽萨的案子没有任何关系 |
[33:19] | That’s not exactly true, is it? | 但这并不全是真的 对吗 |
[33:21] | By now, you’ve heard about the arrest | 现在你已经听说了 |
[33:22] | of the crime lab supervisor | 犯罪实验室主管被捕 |
[33:25] | who processed the evidence in Marissa’s murder. | 她曾经处理过玛丽萨谋杀案的证据 |
[33:27] | It turns out that you made quite a few calls to her | 事实上她在处理这个案子时 |
[33:29] | while she was working the case. | 你给她打过不少电话 |
[33:30] | So? | 所以呢 |
[33:31] | So your cousin Bailey Neal is in Narcotics. | 所以你的表兄贝利·尼尔在缉毒组 |
[33:34] | Over the last few years, he’s sent a lot of cases Zoe’s way. | 过去的几年来 他给佐伊送了不少案子 |
[33:37] | Maybe that’s just a coincidence, | 也许这只是巧合 |
[33:38] | or maybe he knew how she worked. | 但也有可能他知道佐伊的工作方式 |
[33:40] | Maybe he told you about his secret weapon. | 也许他跟你说过他的秘密武器 |
[33:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:43] | First, that’s BS. | 首先 这完全是扯淡 |
[33:46] | Bailey is a good cop, the best. | 贝利是个好警察 顶尖的 |
[33:50] | Second, the only reason I called Zoe as much as I did | 第二 我之所以给佐伊打很多电话 |
[33:53] | was because I felt guilty. | 是因为我觉得内疚 |
[33:55] | About? | 为什么 |
[33:57] | Marissa was my friend. | 玛丽萨是我的朋友 |
[34:00] | If I didn’t drop out, I don’t know, | 如果我没有退学 我也不知道 |
[34:02] | maybe Louis wouldn’t have stopped obsessing over me | 也许路易斯就不会停止对我的痴情 |
[34:05] | and started obsessing over her. | 也不会开始迷恋她了 |
[34:07] | So did I encourage Zoe | 所以我有没有鼓励佐伊 |
[34:08] | to make sure he wouldn’t get away with it? Yes. | 确保路易斯不会逍遥法外 我有 |
[34:11] | Absolutely. But I was like that with everyone on the case. | 我当然有 但当时所有查案的人都想这样 |
[34:15] | Well, there could be another reason that you wanted | 可能还有一个原因让你想让佐伊 |
[34:16] | to point Zoe at Louis. | 给路易斯定罪 |
[34:20] | You killed Marissa. | 是你杀了玛丽萨 |
[34:22] | What? | 什么 |
[34:23] | You say that you and Louis weren’t a couple. | 你说自己和路易斯并不是情侣 |
[34:25] | He says that you were. | 但他说你们是 |
[34:26] | What if he’s telling the truth? | 如果他说的是真的呢 |
[34:28] | He grew interested in your friend. | 他开始对你的朋友感兴趣 |
[34:30] | You got jealous. | 你嫉妒了 |
[34:33] | Something funny? | 好笑吗 |
[34:34] | Yeah. Uh, Marissa and I never would have fought over a guy. | 是的 玛丽萨和我永远不会因为男人争吵 |
[34:38] | You were that close? | 你们俩这么亲密 |
[34:39] | No, she was that gay. | 不 她是同性恋 |
[34:42] | Her family is super religious. | 她的家人是虔诚的教徒 |
[34:44] | She never got around to telling them. | 她自始至终都没能告诉他们 |
[34:47] | The only people who knew were me and Phoebe | 只有我和菲比还有其他几个朋友 |
[34:50] | and a couple of other friends. | 知道这件事 |
[34:51] | I’ll give you their names. | 我可以告诉你他们是谁 |
[34:52] | You can talk to them. | 你们可以问他们 |
[34:53] | They’ll tell you. | 他们会告诉你的 |
[34:55] | After she was killed, | 她遇害后 |
[34:56] | we decided it wasn’t our place to say anything. | 我们觉得轮不到自己发表什么言论 |
[35:00] | Plus we knew it wasn’t relevant | 再说这件事也和谋杀无关 |
[35:01] | because we knew Louis was the one who did it. | 因为我们知道路易斯就是凶手 |
[35:04] | Let’s say we believe you. | 就当我们相信你 |
[35:05] | Is there any other “Irrelevant” information | 还有什么”无关”信息 |
[35:07] | you’ve been keeping to yourself? | 你没有告诉我们的吗 |
[35:10] | You say Louis is innocent, I say you’re wrong, | 你说路易斯是无辜的 我觉得你们错了 |
[35:13] | but Marissa was seeing somebody, a married woman. | 但玛丽萨确实在和某个人交往 已婚女人 |
[35:17] | She never told me who, | 她没告诉我是谁 |
[35:19] | but she did say she was pushing her to get a divorce. | 但她确实说自己在给那人施压让她离婚 |
[35:31] | How’d it go with Amanda Neal? | 阿曼达·尼尔的事怎么样了 |
[35:32] | I don’t believe she’s our killer. | 我觉得她不是凶手 |
[35:34] | How’s it going with the case files of Zoe Mercado? | 佐伊·默卡多的案件卷宗看得怎么样了 |
[35:37] | Well, from the looks of things, | 从文件来看 |
[35:38] | there were at least a few dozen people | 至少有几十个康涅狄格州 |
[35:39] | in Connecticut law enforcement | 执法部门的人 |
[35:41] | who knew what she was up to. | 知道她的伎俩 |
[35:42] | They’d either specifically request her to process evidence, | 他们要么指定要求她来处理证据 |
[35:44] | or they would ask her to repeat a test done by a subordinate | 要么让她把下属做过的测试重做一遍 |
[35:48] | to get a better result. | 以此获得更好的结果 |
[35:49] | You already know who we’re looking for, don’t you? | 你已经知道我们要找的是谁了 对吧 |
[35:51] | As a matter of fact, I believe I do. | 事实上 我的确知道 |
[35:53] | That’s nice. | 很好 |
[35:56] | I got there 20 minutes ago. | 我20分钟前拿到的 |
[36:08] | Can I help you? | 有什么要帮忙的吗 |
[36:09] | I’m Detective Bell with the NYPD. | 我是纽约警局的贝尔警探 |
[36:11] | This is Detective Gould with the Avon PD. | 这位是埃文警局的古尔德警探 |
[36:14] | Does Assistant District Attorney Christa Pullman live here? | 助理地检官克丽斯塔·普尔曼住这儿吗 |
[36:17] | She’s my wife. Is everything okay? | 她是我妻子 怎么了 |
[36:19] | She’s fine. | 她没事 |
[36:19] | My colleagues and I are here | 我的同事和我是为了 |
[36:20] | about a college student named Marissa Kagan. | 一个名叫玛丽萨·凯根的大学生而来的 |
[36:24] | Does that name ring a bell? | 你知道这个名字吗 |
[36:25] | It was tragic, what happened to her. | 发生在她身上的事真是悲剧 |
[36:28] | Actually, that’s what we’re here to talk about. | 事实上 我们就是为了那事而来的 |
[36:31] | The kids are at school. | 孩子们上学去了 |
[36:32] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[36:37] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[36:38] | Marissa’s murder was solved years ago. | 玛丽萨的谋杀案几年前不就解决了吗 |
[36:40] | It was that stalker, that boy she went to school with. | 凶手是那个跟踪者 她的同学 |
[36:43] | We now think Louis Bowman was framed | 我们现在认为路易斯·鲍曼被冤枉了 |
[36:46] | and that the person who did it | 真正的凶手 |
[36:47] | also recently shot and killed a young woman in the Bronx. | 最近还在布朗克斯区枪杀了一个女孩 |
[36:51] | That’s horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[36:52] | But shouldn’t you be talking to Christa about this? | 但这件事你们不是应该和克丽斯塔谈吗 |
[36:55] | She’ll be home in a few hours. | 她几小时后就回来了 |
[36:57] | We will. | 我们会的 |
[36:58] | We’ve recently become aware of a suspect | 我们最近注意到一个 |
[37:00] | that the police never pursued, | 之前未被警方调查的嫌疑人 |
[37:02] | a married woman with whom Marissa was having an affair. | 一个和玛丽萨有外遇的已婚女人 |
[37:06] | A witness reports seeing Marissa’s lover wearing | 有证人说看到玛丽萨的恋人 |
[37:08] | a very distinctive green-and-white Baja sweater. | 穿着一件很特别的白绿相间的巴哈毛衣 |
[37:12] | Any idea who that might be? | 你知道那人是谁吗 |
[37:16] | Christa has a sweater like that. | 克丽斯塔有一件那样的毛衣 |
[37:18] | Did you know about the affair? | 你知道她出轨的事吗 |
[37:20] | I found out. | 我发现了 |
[37:23] | Your wife’s failure to disclose | 你的妻子在庭审时 |
[37:24] | her relationship to the victim at trial | 没有告知她与受害者的关系 |
[37:26] | is gonna be enough for Avon PD to get a warrant. | 已经足够让埃文警局去申请逮捕令了 |
[37:29] | Someone’s gonna be here shortly to collect samples of her DNA. | 很快会有人来采集她的DNA样本 |
[37:32] | Her toothbrush, her hairbrush should do. | 有她的牙刷梳子就行 |
[37:37] | They can take whatever they need. | 他们需要什么都行 |
[37:40] | But first… | 但首先 |
[37:42] | there’s something else you should know. | 还有些事你得知道 |
[37:46] | My personal attorney is on her way over. | 我的私人律师在来的路上了 |
[37:48] | I’m not going to discuss any of this until she gets here. | 她到之前 我不会讨论任何相关话题 |
[37:51] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[37:52] | We don’t really need to ask any questions. | 我们也没什么要问的了 |
[37:54] | Your wife already confessed to everything. | 你太太已经承认了一切 |
[37:56] | What? | 什么 |
[37:58] | Please. | 来 |
[37:58] | Sit. | 坐吧 |
[38:06] | We know that you and Marissa were having an affair | 我们知道你和玛丽萨有了婚外情 |
[38:09] | and that your wife, Teri, found out. | 而你妻子特莉发现了 |
[38:12] | She confronted Marissa over your infidelity, | 她找玛丽萨对质你的不忠 |
[38:15] | and that confrontation ended in Marissa’s murder. | 最后以玛丽萨被杀而告终 |
[38:19] | When Teri got home, she told you what she had done. | 特莉回到家后 向你坦白了一切 |
[38:21] | She was ready to face the consequences and turn herself in, | 她准备好承担后果要去自首了 |
[38:23] | but you told her not to, | 可你让她别去 |
[38:25] | that you would take care of everything. | 你说你会处理好一切 |
[38:27] | And you did, you made sure that Zoe Mercado | 你也确实处理了 你确保了 |
[38:30] | was the one who tested the saliva on Marissa’s body, | 是佐伊·默卡多去检测玛丽萨尸体上的唾液 |
[38:33] | and, like you expected, she matched it to Louis Bowman. | 如你所料 她把唾液匹配给了路易斯·鲍曼 |
[38:38] | You thought that was the end of it. | 你以为一切就结束了 |
[38:40] | But then, a few weeks ago, Phoebe Elliot contacted you. | 但几周前 菲比·埃利奥特联系了你 |
[38:43] | She told you what she’d seen in that blown-up selfie | 她说她在埃弗赖姆·希尔的画廊里 |
[38:46] | in Ephraim Hill’s gallery. | 看到了能曝光真相的自拍 |
[38:47] | She said it seemed to corroborate Bowman’s alibi. | 她说那貌似能证实鲍曼的不在场证明 |
[38:51] | You shared this with your wife, | 你把这事告诉了你妻子 |
[38:53] | and according to her, you once again promised | 据她所说 你再度承诺 |
[38:55] | to “Handle” everything. | 会”处理”好一切 |
[38:57] | You tried to convince Phoebe, as you did me, | 你试图说服菲比 就像跟我说的那些 |
[38:59] | that the photograph wasn’t reliable. | 说照片并不可靠 |
[39:01] | When that failed, Teri says she took matters into her own hands. | 失败后 特莉说会自己处理 |
[39:05] | First, you replaced Phoebe’s selfie with a forgery. | 首先 你把菲比的自拍掉了包 |
[39:07] | Then, the next night, | 然后 第二天晚上 |
[39:08] | she went to a restaurant near your home in Avon | 她去了你在埃文区的家附近的一个餐厅 |
[39:10] | and stole a car out of the valet lot. | 然后从泊车点偷了车 |
[39:12] | Then she drove to Phoebe’s gym in the Bronx, | 接着她开去了菲比在布朗克斯的健身房 |
[39:14] | waited for her and shot her. | 等着她 杀了她 |
[39:17] | We’ve got a signed confession from your wife | 我们拿到了你妻子的签字确认 |
[39:19] | admitting to the burglary at the gallery and to the murders | 承认了画廊的盗窃和谋杀玛丽萨·凯根 |
[39:22] | of Marissa Kagan and Phoebe Elliot. | 以及菲比·埃利奥特 |
[39:26] | No. | 不 |
[39:28] | No, you coerced this. | 不 是你们强行逼供的 |
[39:30] | I can get this thrown out. | 我可以让这些被否决 |
[39:31] | Your wife’s confession was entirely voluntary. | 你妻子的认罪完全是自愿的 |
[39:34] | We’ve got it in writing and on tape. | 我们有手写和录音 |
[39:36] | There was a time when that would have been the end of the matter, | 要是以前 这事到这儿就能结束了 |
[39:39] | but ex-lab supervisor Zoe Mercado is right about one thing: | 但前实验室主管佐伊·默卡多说对了一件事 |
[39:42] | juries do not like to convict these days | 这年头 没有DNA证据 |
[39:45] | without DNA evidence, so we retested | 陪审团就不想定罪 所以我们重新检测了 |
[39:48] | the saliva found on Marissa’s shirt three years ago | 三年前在玛丽萨尸体上发现的唾液 |
[39:51] | just to be certain. | 以防万一 |
[39:52] | It’s a preliminary match for Teri. | 初步结果跟特莉吻合 |
[39:54] | There isn’t much doubt she killed Marissa, | 她杀了玛丽萨是没什么好怀疑的 |
[39:55] | but Phoebe Elliot? | 可菲比·埃利奥特 |
[39:57] | That’s another story. | 这又是另一回事了 |
[39:59] | We compared Teri’s DNA | 我们把特莉的DNA |
[40:01] | to skin cells recovered from the car used in Phoebe’s murder. | 跟用来杀害菲比的车上的皮肤细胞做了比对 |
[40:06] | If ex-lab supervisor Zoe Mercado or anyone of her ilk | 如果前实验室主管佐伊或跟她同流合污的人 |
[40:10] | had performed those tests, | 做了那些检测 |
[40:12] | they would have rightly come back a match. | 他们肯定会上报吻合的 |
[40:13] | But in this case, we didn’t inform the lab | 但这次 我们没告诉实验室 |
[40:15] | www.rrliuxue.com | 人人留学【免费办理】 震撼上线,赶快登陆 |
[40:16] | which DNA belonged to our suspect. | 哪份DNA是嫌疑人的 |
[40:17] | We provided several samples from your home, | 我们提供了在你家采集的多个样本 |
[40:20] | samples from other suspects, like Keith Elliot, Ephraim Hill. | 还有多名嫌疑人的样本 基斯 希尔等 |
[40:24] | Even threw in a sample from my tortoise | 甚至弄了我乌龟的样本 |
[40:26] | just to keep them on their toes. | 确保他们耍不了花样 |
[40:27] | And imagine our surprise when the lab revealed | 想想我们有多惊讶吧 实验室居然反馈 |
[40:29] | that the DNA in the car didn’t belong to your wife, | 车里的DNA不属于你妻子 |
[40:33] | it belonged to you. | 是属于你的 |
[40:36] | You knew Phoebe’s brother had a record. | 你知道菲比的哥哥有案底 |
[40:38] | With his history, it was a matter of time before we zeroed in on him. | 凭他的历史 我们怀疑他只是迟早的事 |
[40:42] | And with a little nudge, Zoe would attribute | 只要稍加推助 佐伊就会把任何物证 |
[40:44] | any physical evidence found to him and not you. | 推到他身上 而不是你 |
[40:49] | Teri felt responsible for the whole chain of events. | 特莉觉得对这一系列事都有责任 |
[40:52] | So to protect you and to leave your children | 为了保护你 也为了让你们的孩子 |
[40:54] | with at least one parent not in prison, | 起码能有一个家长不在牢里 |
[40:56] | she tried to take the blame for both crimes. | 她想把两起犯罪都揽到自己身上 |
[40:59] | Fortunately for them, | 你的孩子们很幸运 |
[41:01] | we understand they have very loving grandparents. | 我们发现他们的爷爷奶奶很慈祥 |
[41:05] | Unfortunately for you, | 而你就不幸了 |
[41:06] | when lab work is done right, | 等实验室正规操作 |
[41:08] | without bias, without assumption, | 不带偏见 不妄加推测 |
[41:11] | it really does tend to convince a jury of a killer’s guilt. | 肯定能说服陪审团给凶手定罪 |
[41:17] | This is gonna sell quickly, | 这里卖得很快 |
[41:18] | so let me know if you’re interested. | 有兴趣一定要告诉我 |
[41:28] | Looking for a place of your own? | 想自己找地方住吗 |
[41:30] | Can’t beat the location. | 这可是黄金地段 |
[41:33] | Your office said you’d be here. | 你办公室说你在这边 |
[41:35] | I called your mother today, and we spoke for a while. | 我今天给你母亲打了电话 我们聊了一会儿 |
[41:40] | Your Mandarin must be good. | 你的汉语肯定说得很好 |
[41:42] | No, she seems nice. | 她挺好的 |
[41:44] | She’s the best. | 她是最棒的 |
[41:46] | She invited me to tea. | 她邀请我去喝茶 |
[41:48] | I’m not surprised. | 我不意外 |
[41:50] | I took a rain check. | 我说改天 |
[41:52] | Look, I know this has been a lot for you. | 我知道这对你来说有太多要消化 |
[41:55] | It’s been a lot for me, too. | 对我来说也是 |
[41:58] | And I just thought, “Why rush it?” | 我只是觉得 何必着急呢 |
[42:01] | I’ll have tea with your mother when you’re ready to join us. | 我会等你准备好 我们三人一起去喝茶 |
[42:06] | Why? | 为什么 |
[42:10] | Because you’re my sister. | 因为你是我妹妹 |