时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | -=WWW.YDY.COM/BBS=- Ptoudly Presents | |
[00:33] | Felicity Season 01 Episode 02 | |
[00:55] | Dear Sally…. | 亲爱的Sally… |
[00:58] | Ok,listen.Your not going to believe this. | 听着 你是不会相信这一切的 |
[01:08] | First of all, New York’s the best. Thank God, I decided to stay here. | 首先 纽约是最棒的城市 谢天谢地 我决定留下来 |
[01:13] | At first it was sort of scary, even walking down the sidewalk. | 一开始即使走在路上 都会感觉有点害怕 |
[01:17] | It was like being one snowflake in a crazy blizzard. | 那感觉就像自己是 大风雪中的一朵雪花 |
[01:21] | But then it occurred to me — everyone’s one snowflake. | 但是接着我发现 每个人都是一朵雪花 |
[01:27] | I know my parents are probably freaking out, now that they’re back in California, | 我知道我父母大概要发飚了 他们回加利福尼亚了 |
[01:31] | so just to reassure them that New York isn’t swallowing their daughter whole, | 所以让他们放心 纽约是不会吞噬他们女儿的 |
[01:35] | I’ve called them a few times, leaving, like 10-minute messages on their machine. | 我给他们打过几次电话 在留言机上大概留了有10分钟的言 |
[01:44] | So..here’s the thing you won’t believe. | 你是不会相信这一切的 |
[01:49] | I was feeling totally ok about the whole Ben thing. | 之前我对Ben的事感觉良好 |
[01:52] | It was just a stupid crush. | 那只是一次愚蠢的迷恋 |
[01:54] | I didn’t work out and that’s all. Over. Next. | 我没能搞定 事情就是这样 结束 下一个 |
[01:58] | I thought things might be weird between me and Julie. | 我觉得我和Julie之间的关系 可能有些奇怪 |
[02:01] | You know because of what happened. But I talked to her about it, | 你知道因为发生的那事事 但是我跟她说了 |
[02:03] | and it turns out she’s totally over Ben, too. So we were both over Ben. | 结果是她对Ben也很着迷 所以我们对Ben都很着迷 |
[02:12] | – Hey. | – Hey. – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[02:16] | – I’ll call you later. – Yeah. | – 我过会给你打电话 – 好的 |
[02:24] | So you’re staying? | 那么你留下来了? |
[02:26] | Yeah, I, uh, decided to sweat it out for a little bit. | 是的 我 唔 决定再多忍受段时间 |
[02:32] | What? | 什么? |
[02:34] | Nothing. Nothing. I just can’t figure you out. | 没什么 没什么 我只是摸不太透你 |
[02:40] | It sort of threw me when he said that and at the time, you know, | 那时我有种被推开的感觉 |
[02:44] | I didn’t know what to make of it. | 我不知道怎么会这样 |
[02:48] | Ok, finally the thing you are *not* going to believe. | 好了最后一件你”不会”相信的事 |
[02:53] | I was at work study filing work study documents. | 我正在归档学习研究的文件 |
[02:56] | And Mrs. Jessup came up to me. | 接着Jessup太太走到我面前 |
[02:58] | It seems someone called the admission office, a young man. | 好像一个年轻人打电话 到学校招生办公室 |
[03:03] | He wanted to know if it was possible to access students college application essays. | 他想知道是不是可以 看到学生的入学申请论文 |
[03:08] | Mine. | 我的 |
[03:10] | Mrs. Jessup told him “no”, and he hung up without leaving his name. | Jessup太太告诉他”不行” 他没留名字就挂断了 |
[03:15] | Then Mrs. Jessup congratuated me, on having an admirer. | 接着Jessup太太就 恭喜我有了个仰慕者 |
[03:30] | Hold on.I’m just…. | 等一下 我… |
[03:32] | finishing a really…..bad sentence. | 在写一句…非常糟糕的句子 |
[03:41] | Oh. Hey. | 噢 嘿 |
[03:42] | I did the floor calendar. | 我做的楼层一览表 |
[03:44] | Great. This is uh….perfect. | 很好 这…非常好 |
[03:48] | You didn’t call the admissions office today, did you? | 你今天没打电话去招生办公室吧? |
[03:51] | – For what? – To ask for my essay. | – 打去干嘛? – 要看我的文章 |
[03:54] | I-I don’t understand. | 我听不太懂 |
[03:56] | – Uh….nothing. – Why–why would I call the admissions office? | – 唔…没事 – 为什么我要打电话去招生办公室? |
[04:00] | No, you wouldn’t. Just forget about it. | 你没打 当我没说过 |
[04:02] | No, wait. Hold on. You gotta tell me. You’re obligated to explain. | 不 等一下 你得告诉我 你有义务解释一下 |
[04:08] | Can I…. | 我能不能… |
[04:10] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[04:17] | Um…I find it really easy to talk to you. | 唔…我觉得跟你聊天真的很轻松 |
[04:23] | Yeah, I feel the same way. | 我也这么觉得 |
[04:26] | But the other day, when I asked you, you know, that question, | 但是那天 我问你 你知道 那个问题时 |
[04:30] | and you said, “yes,” it just…. | 你说”是的” 那… |
[04:33] | it makes it harder to talk to you. | 和你聊天就变得紧张多了 |
[04:38] | Yeah, look, I have to clear something up. When I said that I had feelings for you — | 听着 我得说清楚些事情 我说我对你有感觉 |
[04:42] | Yeah, that was the question. | 是的 就是这个问题 |
[04:43] | I know. I get feelings for people all the time. I’m a sensitive guy. | 我知道 我一直会对别人有感觉的 我是个敏感的人 |
[04:47] | Ok. | 好的 |
[04:48] | – Yeah. I get crushes on everyone. – You do? | – 是的 我会迷恋所有的人 – 是吗? |
[04:51] | – Yeah. – Ok. | – 是啊 – 好吧 |
[04:52] | You know, don’t uh… blow this out of proportion because it was — | 不要唔… 不要破坏这样的关系 因为 |
[04:56] | it was mostly just this weird — you know, I’m the R.A. which I’ve never been before. | 这非常的奇怪 你知道 我是宿舍助理 之前从没当过 |
[04:59] | And-and you’re the new freshman, uh… | 而你是新生 唔… |
[05:02] | and it was more like almost this power-trip kind of thing, | 更像是刺激的体验这类的感觉 |
[05:05] | I mean, of course, I have feelings for you. I like you. | 我是说 当然 我对你有感觉 我喜欢你 |
[05:07] | Uh, but it’s all just natural and –and unromantic as hell. | 但那都是只是非常的自然 平淡的感觉 |
[05:13] | – Am I blushing? – Sort of. | – 我脸红了吗? – 有点 |
[05:22] | Well, so–so here’s the thing. | 好 那么 那么事情是这样的 |
[05:24] | You know how I read Ben’s college application essay. | 你知道我看了Ben的入学申请论文 |
[05:28] | Ok. This is about Ben. All right. | 好的 事情是关于Ben的 |
[05:31] | -Oh this is too weird.Way too weird. – No, no, wait a minute.It’s ok. | – 噢 这太奇怪了 实在太奇怪了 – 不 等等 没事的 |
[05:40] | I–I just think… | 我 我只是想… |
[05:42] | that maybe Ben is uncomfortable, | 也许Ben感到有点不舒服 |
[05:45] | you know, that I read his application essay behind his back, | 你知道 我没经过他同意 就读了他的文章 |
[05:48] | and he didn’t get to read mine. | 而他却没被允许读我的 |
[05:49] | I think he might have called the admissions office to try and get it. | 我觉得他可能打电话给招生办公室 想要读一下我的文章 |
[05:53] | Your essay, which you don’t want him to see? | 你的论文 你不想他读到? |
[05:55] | No way. I mean, mostly, because, it’s about him. | 绝不 主要是 因为 文章写的就是他 |
[06:00] | Yeah, your college application essay is about Ben? | 你的入学申请论文写的是Ben? |
[06:03] | So I *can’t*, you know, show him my essay, right? | 所以我”不能”给他看我的论文 对吗? |
[06:06] | I mean, that would be humilating. | 那会很丢脸的 |
[06:08] | Yeah, I think your instincts are right. I don’t think you can let Ben see that essay. | 是的 我觉得你本能反应是对的 我觉得你不能让Ben读那论文 |
[06:13] | Ok. I think I’m going to. | 好吧 我想我要这么做 |
[06:17] | Wait, you were just asking my advice. | 等下 你刚刚是在征求我的意见 |
[06:18] | No, I–I was using you as a bouncing board. | 不 我 我把你当作了弹跳板 |
[06:20] | Bouncing board? | 弹跳板? |
[06:22] | This was helpful, though. I’m not going to hand it to him. | 这很有帮助 我不会亲手交给他的 |
[06:24] | That might embarass him. I’m going to mail it. | 那可能会让他尴尬 我要寄给他 |
[06:27] | No, wait! Ok. I think you’re making a mistake here. | 不 等下! 我想你正在犯个错误 |
[06:29] | And remember this is coming from someone who doesn’t even slightly have a crush on you. | 记住那个人对你一点感觉也没有 |
[06:34] | I’m still sending Ben my essay. | 我还是要寄给Ben我的论文 |
[06:37] | All right, look, so don’t come back unless you’re going to listen to me. | 好吧 听着 除非你听我的话 不然你就不要回来了 |
[06:39] | – Thank you, Noel. – I mean it. | – 谢谢你 Noel – 我是认真的 |
[06:43] | Here’s my new theory… | 这是我新的理论… |
[06:45] | no matter what, ou can never be ashamed of the truth. Never. | 不管怎么样 你永远不能对真相感到羞耻 永远不 |
[06:51] | Anyway, I hope that you’re happy and that you’re finding a life in Sante Fe. | 不管怎样 我希望你开心 并能在圣塔菲找到属于你的生活 |
[06:57] | I miss you, Sally. | 我想你 Sally |
[06:59] | Talk back soon, ok. Love, Felicity. | 以后再聊了 爱你的 Felicity |
[07:31] | What are you doing here? What is this? | 你们在这干嘛? 怎么回事? |
[07:35] | Come in. Close the door | 进来 把门关上 |
[07:46] | We’re here because we’re trying to understand why you’re so adamant about New York. | 我们在这是因为想要了解 你为什么坚持要呆在纽约 |
[07:51] | You said you went back home. | 你说你们回家了 |
[07:54] | – You lied to me? – We didn’t lie | – 你们撒谎? – 我们没有 |
[07:56] | I asked you if the flight was bumpy, and you said — . | 我问你飞机是不是有些颠簸 你说 |
[07:58] | All your mother said was we were fine. | 你妈妈只是说我们很好 |
[08:01] | – What did you tell them? – I suggested they talk to their daughter. | – 你告诉了他们什么? – 我建议他们和自己的女儿谈一下 |
[08:04] | We need to understand where this big switch came from. | 我们需要弄明白为什么 会有如此大的转变 |
[08:08] | Nancy even asked me if you were on drugs. | Nancy甚至问我们你是不是在吸毒 |
[08:11] | You honestly think I’m on drugs? | 你们真的觉得我是在吸毒? |
[08:14] | We honestly don’t know what to think. | 我们真的不知道该怎么想 |
[08:15] | But you could imagine that. That I’m here because of drugs? | 但是你们觉得 我在这是因为毒品? |
[08:19] | Did we do something wrong? Are you angry with us? | 我们做错什么了嘛? 你是在生我们的气吗? |
[08:21] | Because we can’t get answers anywhere. | 因为我们在哪里都得不到答案 |
[08:23] | Not from you, not from the admissions office, not from your counselor — | 从你那不行 从招生办公室不行 你的辅导员也不行 |
[08:27] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[08:28] | I mean, we want to know where this need to be in Manhatten all of a sudden comes from. | 我是说 我们想要知道 你突然决定要留在曼哈顿是为了什么 |
[08:32] | You said admissions office. | 你说了招生办公室 |
[08:35] | I tried to get a copy of your application essay. | 我想拿到一份你申请论文的副本 |
[08:40] | Oh, God. | 上帝啊 |
[08:42] | But they refused to give it to me. | 但是他们拒绝了 |
[08:43] | No! Oh, no! Oh, I can’t believe this! | 不! 噢 不! 噢 我简直不敢相信! |
[08:49] | Damn it! | 见鬼! |
[08:52] | She was never like this….before. | 她以前都不是这样的 |
[09:03] | Hold on. | 等下 |
[09:06] | – Larry, what’s up? – I’m sort of having some problems with, uh, Lewis. | – Larry 怎么了? – 我和Lewis之间有些问题 |
[09:10] | Ok, what is it? | 怎么了? |
[09:11] | He keeps talking in his sleep, and, uh, pretty loud. | 他一直说梦话 而且 很响 |
[09:16] | Yeah. That–that is annoying. | 噢 那…那很讨厌 |
[09:17] | That’s not even it. | 还不止那样 |
[09:22] | See, uh…it’s the subject matter. | 听着…下面的才是主要的问题 |
[09:25] | Oh. Ah, well. What’s he talking about? | 噢 他说了什么? |
[09:27] | Uh, buying knives and, uh, killing his roommate. | 买刀 杀室友 |
[09:31] | Which–which is a problem. | 这 这才是个问题 |
[09:35] | Ok. I’ll, uh….I’ll talk to Lewis. | 好吧 我会…我会和Lewis谈的 |
[09:39] | – Would you talk to him? – I’ll handle it. Yeah, I got it covered. | – 你会和他谈? – 我会处理的 我会搞定的 |
[09:42] | – Thanks – Yeah. | – 谢谢 – 不用 |
[09:47] | Hi. This is kind of a strange request, | 嗨 这是个有点奇怪的请求 |
[09:49] | but I’m curious if you could tell me if a letter I sent to a friend of mine has arrived. | 但是我想你可不可以告诉我 我寄给我一朋友的信是不是到了 |
[09:55] | His name is Ben Covington, and it’s, um, kind of a cream envelope letter sized. | 他叫Ben Covington 乳白色的信封 一般信件的尺寸 |
[10:00] | Um, there’s no return address on it. | 上面没有回邮地址 |
[10:06] | Please. | 求你了 |
[10:08] | I’m not supposed to do that. | 我本不该这么做的 |
[10:12] | Do what? | 做什么? |
[10:14] | Give information, Vis-`a-vis other students, ok? | 提供信息 告诉其他学生 某个学生的信息 知道吗? |
[10:21] | This is important. | 这件事很重要 |
[10:22] | I sent him an invitation, and I just need to know that he got it. | 我寄给了他一份邀请 我只是想要知道他是不是收到了 |
[10:27] | Uh, but i just don’t know which box is his. | 但是我不知道哪个信箱是他的 |
[10:31] | It’s Covington, Ben. | 是Covington Ben |
[10:35] | It’s a cream colored enevlope. | 是个乳白色的信封 |
[10:41] | Please. | 求你了 |
[11:21] | What? | 什么? |
[11:23] | Is there any way, you could give me back that envelope? | 有没可能你把那封信给我? |
[11:27] | Give it to you? Uh…ok…no. | 给你? 唔…好吧…不行 |
[11:34] | Sir… | 先生… |
[11:37] | I need you to give me that envelope. | 我需要你给我那封信 |
[11:38] | Giving you that envelope would constitute a Federal Offense. | 给你那封信可就犯了弥天大罪了 |
[11:41] | I won’t tell anyone. | 我谁也不说 |
[11:43] | Which might be fine for you; however, I have a conscience. | 对你可能没事 但是 我是有公德心的 |
[11:47] | What is that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[11:51] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[11:53] | How you doing? | 你还好吗? |
[12:01] | Oh, hey. | 噢 嘿 |
[12:03] | You all right? Yeah? You seem a little bit… | 你没事吧? 是吗? 你好像有点… |
[12:06] | No, I’m–I’m good. I’m, uh, still trying to, uh, get all my classes. | 不 我…我很好 我…还想…把所有的课都选上 |
[12:11] | Yeah, uh, I haven’t really signed up for any of mine either. | 我的课还一门都没有选呢 |
[12:15] | Really? You know, you gotta, uh, get those electives pretty soon. | 真的? 你知道 你 很快就要去上选修课了 |
[12:20] | – Oh…. – Oh, I’m sorry buddy. You all right? | – 噢… – 噢 对不起伙计 没事吧? |
[12:24] | I’m all right. All right. I’m all right. | 我没事 没事的 |
[12:28] | It’s all right, I got it. | 不要紧 我捡起来了 |
[12:35] | Oh, ok. Well….I’ll let you…. | 好的 我会让你… |
[12:39] | You know, I was thinking, um… | 你知道 我在想… |
[12:41] | I think it’s really good that you’re staying. | 我觉得你能留下来真是太好了 |
[12:56] | So you have no intention of buying any knives? | 你并没有要买刀? |
[13:00] | No. | 没有 |
[13:02] | Or killing…your roommate? | 或者杀了…你的室友? |
[13:08] | No. | 没有 |
[13:10] | I gotta be honest with you here, Lewis. I wish you were a little more convincing. | 我得在这跟你开诚布公的说 Lewis 我希望你说的话再有说服力点 |
[13:14] | Um, I want to finish this conversation later. | 我过会再来跟你谈 |
[13:27] | Come in. | 进来 |
[13:29] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[13:31] | Hey. So guess what? | 嘿 猜猜怎么回事? |
[13:33] | It wasn’t Ben who was asking about my essay. | 不是Ben要求读我的论文 |
[13:36] | It was my dad. | 是我爸爸 |
[13:39] | Ok, but you didn’t send it to Ben yet, did you? | 但是你还没有寄给Ben吧? |
[13:46] | Oh, that’s great. | 噢 太棒了 |
[13:48] | And now, years from now, | 将来 |
[13:50] | Ben will look back on college and remember Felicity Porter : as | Ben回想大学生活时 会记得Felicity Porter |
[13:53] | that obsessive girl with frizzy hair who not only follow him across country | 一个有着一头卷发的神经质女孩 她不仅跟着他横穿整个美国 |
[13:58] | but then just began randomly sending him information about herself, | 还开始随便就寄给他自己的信息 |
[14:02] | as if he’d ever asked for any. | 好像他从来就没要求过 |
[14:04] | Well, if you can live with that, then you’re ok. | 如果你自己能忍受这些 那就不成问题 |
[14:06] | And on top of everything. My parents are meeting with me and my counselor. | 另外最重要的是 我父母会和我还有我的辅导员见面 |
[14:10] | It’s gonna be this horrible mediation attempt. | 那会次恐怖的调解尝试 |
[14:12] | Well, that’s why I’m here. I actually have a theory about this. | 那就是我在这的原因 实际上对于这个我有个理论 |
[14:16] | I think you should invite your parents to come see the dorm, | 我觉得你应该 邀请你的父母来参观下宿舍 |
[14:19] | introduce them to your R.A., who will make them feel really secure. | 给他们介绍你的宿舍助理 我会让他们很有安全感的 |
[14:22] | You know,let them get to know the place;otherwise, where you live is always gonna be a mystery, | 让他们了解这个地方 不然 你住的地方就会一直很神秘 |
[14:24] | and they’ll never be ok with any of this. | 他们的感觉就不会好起来 |
[14:30] | Do you really think that’s the best thing to do? | 你真的觉得这是最好的选择? |
[14:33] | Yeah I do, I mean, I’m –I’m just your R.A., but — | 是的 我是…我只是你的宿舍助理 但是… |
[14:37] | I really appreciate you not saying, “I told you so.” about sending Ben the essay. | 关于寄给Ben论文的事 我真的很感激你没有说”我告诉过你的” |
[14:43] | Your welcome. | 不用谢 |
[14:45] | Although…that-that is all I’m thinking. | 虽然…我就是这么想的 |
[14:47] | – I know. – Ok. | – 我知道 – 好 |
[14:49] | Then Mark, when you talk to her, | 那么Mark 你和她谈的时候 |
[14:51] | I want you to make it sound as good as it can.Ok? | 我希望越自然越好 好吗? |
[14:54] | Oh, can you hang on a second? | 噢 你能等一下吗? |
[14:57] | Hello? Felicity! | 你好? Felicity! |
[15:00] | Um, Uh, let me get rid of this call. | 我把那个电话挂掉 |
[15:07] | – Felicity? – Sweetie, | – 亲爱的 |
[15:08] | I know we said this before. We didn’t mean to surprise you like that. | 我知道我们之前说过 我们不是有心想给你那样的惊喜的 |
[15:11] | No, I know. It’s ok. | 不 我知道 没事的 |
[15:13] | But I–I was thinking, maybe, uh, tomorrow, before we go meet with Papaleo, | 但是我 我在想 也许 明天 在我们见Papaleo之前 |
[15:18] | maybe you guys would want to come by the dorm. You know, and see where I’m living now. | 也许你们会想顺便来下我的寝室 看看我现在住在哪里 |
[15:22] | – We’d love that. – Just tell us when. | – 我们很愿意 – 告诉我们时间就可以了 |
[15:25] | 2:00? 5th Avenue and 10th Street. | 2:00? 第5大道和第10大街那里 |
[15:29] | Ok. Um…well, I’ll see you guys tomorrow then. | 好的 那么明天见了 |
[15:33] | Bye. | 再见 |
[15:38] | Well, they’re coming. | 他们明天要来 |
[15:41] | I can’t wait. | 我等不及了 |
[15:43] | What? | 什么? |
[15:45] | To meet the people that made you. | 见见生育你的人 |
[15:49] | Oh, Megan! | 噢 Megan! |
[15:51] | Excuse me, Megan. | 不好意思 Megan |
[15:54] | Feel free to say no to this, obviously, but, uh… | 你拒绝我的要求也没关系 但是… |
[15:57] | my parents are coming by tomorrow, | 我父母明天要来 |
[15:58] | and they’re a little prepossessed to hate this place. | 他们有可能会不喜欢这个地方 |
[16:02] | So anyway, I was curious, | 所以 我想问一下 |
[16:04] | if you wouldn’t mind and don’t take this personally, um, | 如果你不介意的话 这不是针对你 |
[16:07] | just for tomorrow, maybe, um, putting away a few of your skulls? | 就明天 也许 带走些你的头骨? |
[16:16] | – No. – No, really? | – 不 – 不 真的? |
[16:24] | She’s got a point. | 她已经做了决定了 |
[16:28] | This is nice, don’t you think? | 这里很好 你们不觉得吗? |
[16:31] | It’s not — it’s not usually this loud. | 通常 这里没那么吵 |
[16:34] | That beer smell doesn’t bother you? | 这股啤酒味不会影响到你吗? |
[16:35] | – I don’t think that’s beer. – It’s beer. | – 我觉得那不是啤酒 – 是啤酒 |
[16:37] | I think that’s actually the shampoo they use on those rugs. | 我觉得这是他们用来洗毯子的香波 |
[16:40] | This is me. | 这间就是我的了 |
[16:49] | So…this is it. | 就是这了 |
[16:55] | Who, um…. | 谁… |
[16:57] | Megan. Oh, she’s a total freak. | Megan 噢 她非常的怪诞 |
[16:59] | She’s seriously weird. But we get along great. | 非常的奇怪 但是我们相处得很好 |
[17:06] | Um….mom and dad, this is Megan. | 妈妈爸爸 这位是Megan |
[17:10] | Think I’m weird? | 你觉得我很奇怪? |
[17:12] | You’re the one who wears “Hush Puppies.” | 你就是那个穿”暇步士”的人 |
[17:20] | She seems, um…. | 她似乎… |
[17:21] | It’s just that difficult period. | 现在只是段艰难期 |
[17:23] | You know, where your’re getting to know everyone. Just takes awhile. | 当你们要相互了解对方的时候 是需要花点时间的 |
[17:29] | You got a nice view. | 你这里看出去的风景不错 |
[17:31] | You should clean the window. | 你应该擦窗了 |
[17:32] | Yeah, I will. | 我会的 |
[17:38] | So what do you think? Now that you’ve seen it? | 那么你们觉得怎么样? 既然你们已经看过了? |
[17:41] | It’s a lot bigger then I expected. | 比我想象的要大得多 |
[17:43] | I know.Can you believe how much I lucked out? | 我知道 你能相信我有多幸运吗? |
[17:46] | I mean, most people have these closet-sized rooms. | 我是说 大部分同学住得都是立柜型房间 |
[17:51] | Come it. | 进来 |
[17:52] | Hey, uh, when do the overbearing parents get here? | 你专制的父母什么时候到? |
[18:00] | You — you can’t posssibly know, how–how I feel, having said that. | 你…你绝不可能知道 我…说那些话的感觉 |
[18:06] | This is Noel. He’s the, uh….. | 这位是Noel 他是… |
[18:10] | resident advisor on the floor. And — And these are my, uh — | 这层楼的宿舍助理 这是我的… |
[18:14] | You work here? | 你在这工作? |
[18:16] | My parents | 我父母 |
[18:18] | I-I’m a sophmore student as well as Felicity’s uh,….. | 我…我是大二的学生 也是Felicity的… |
[18:23] | I’m *so*…. horrifying apologetic for that — that, transgression. | 我对…刚才的冒犯感到”非常”抱歉 |
[18:30] | – It’s ok. – No. No. It’s really not. | – 没关系 – 不 不 有关系的 |
[18:33] | You should know those were my words, and — and not Felicity’s. That was — | 你们应该知道那些话是我说的 和Felicity没关系 那… |
[18:36] | – you know, that was my interpretation — – Noel, drop it. | – 那就是我的解释… – Noel 别说了 |
[18:41] | This is a pretty bad impression of me. | 我给你们留下的印象一定非常糟糕 |
[18:44] | – Noel! Noel! – Uh, what? I’m — I’m in here. | – 怎么了? 我在这 |
[18:49] | Look. Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[18:51] | You told me that Lewis doesn’t want to kill me. | 你告诉我说Lewis没想杀我 |
[18:53] | That — that’s what he told me, Larry. | 他是这么告诉我的 Larry |
[18:56] | Well, he’s taken the first step. | 他已经采取第一步行动了 |
[18:59] | Well, I’ll. I’m going….I’ll talk to him. | 我会 我要…我会跟他谈的 |
[19:01] | – Yeah, I think you better. – Ok. | – 你最好跟他去谈一下 – 好的 |
[19:10] | What’s that? | 怎么回事? |
[19:12] | – I don’t know? – It’s — it’s just a fire alarm. | – 我不知道? – 那只是火警 |
[19:14] | They happen all the time. You’ll see. | 经常发生的 你们会明白的 |
[19:16] | It almost never means there’s an actual blaze. | 基本上不是因为火灾引起的 |
[19:21] | Although we should evacuate, uh, in an orderly fashion. | 不过按照标准程序我们还是应该疏散 |
[19:30] | – Look, I’m really sorry about my earlier comment. – Let it go. | – 听着 我对先前的评论真的很抱歉 – 不要再想了 |
[19:38] | The, uh, politics between parents and their kids… | 父母与孩子之间的政治… |
[19:43] | it’s complicated. | 非常复杂 |
[19:45] | You know, the same thing with me and my folks, | 我和我的孩子之间也有同样的问题 |
[19:47] | so I’m not going to presume that we can, um, solve anything here. | 我并没打算假定 我们在这能解决所有的问题 |
[19:52] | I’m just trying to give all of you a safe place to hear each other out. | 我只是想给你们一个安静的环境 倾听下彼此的想法 |
[19:59] | You said yesterday, you were looking for answers, | 你们昨天说了 你们在寻找答案 |
[20:01] | so why don’t you start off by asking some questions. | 为什么我们不从提几个问题开始谈话呢 |
[20:05] | Well, it’s very simple, | 这非常简单的 |
[20:09] | we never insisted. | 我们从没有坚持 |
[20:11] | We never laid down an ultimatum, | 我们从没下过最后通牒 |
[20:14] | but since I can remember you wanted to go to Stanford. | 但是我记得你想进斯坦福 |
[20:17] | You were going to be a doctor. | 你想成为名医生 |
[20:19] | Then suddenly, out of nowhere, you have to be in New York. | 接着突然 没来头的 你就留在纽约了 |
[20:23] | You’re not even sure if you’re going to be premed anymore. | 你甚至都不确定 是不是想成为一个医学预科生 |
[20:26] | And I guess, my question is… | 所以我猜 我的问题是… |
[20:30] | that if you were sitting where we are… | 如果你在我们的位置上… |
[20:35] | would you understand what your daughter was up to? | 你是否可以理解你女儿想要干什么? |
[20:48] | There was a guy from high school who…. I sort of had feelings for. | 有个高中的男生… 我对他有些感觉 |
[20:56] | And…he was going to a college in New York. | 他打算进纽约的一所学校 |
[21:02] | You came here for a boy? | 你来这是因为一个男生? |
[21:04] | Well, initially. | 开始是的 |
[21:06] | Your’re going to scrap Stanford University because of a crush? | 你因为暗恋一个人而打算放弃斯坦福? |
[21:09] | I don’t this young man is the reason Felicity has chosen to stay. | 我觉得Felicity选择留下 并不是因为一个男生 |
[21:13] | Look, yeah. I…came here because of Ben, | 听着 是的 我…来这是因为Ben |
[21:17] | but I’m staying because of me. | 但是因为我自己才留下的 |
[21:20] | Were we being too controlling? | 是不是我们太有控制欲了? |
[21:23] | No. | 不是 |
[21:25] | Well, then what was it? | 那是为了什么? |
[21:31] | You know how we go out to dinner on Tuesdays? | 你知道我们每星期二出去吃饭的? |
[21:35] | It’s our thing. | 是我俩之间的约定 |
[21:37] | Just the two of us, we’ve done it forever. | 就我们两个 我们一直都去 |
[21:39] | And I love that. | 而且我很喜欢 |
[21:42] | But I was eating dinner the other night in the cafeteria. | 但是一天晚上我在自助餐厅吃饭 |
[21:48] | I was — I was eating a hamburger. | 我在…我在吃一个汉堡包 |
[21:51] | And–and it occurred to me that it was a Tuesday. | 我一下子想到那天是星期二 |
[21:57] | And suddenly…. | 突然… |
[22:00] | this is going to sound stupid, um…. | 这听起来会很愚蠢… |
[22:04] | No say it. | 不 说吧 |
[22:08] | Well, suddenly…. | 突然… |
[22:11] | it was the best hamburger. | 那是最好吃的汉堡包 |
[22:14] | You know? | 你知道吗? |
[22:16] | Not — not because I wasn’t with you. | 不是因为我没和你一起吃 |
[22:20] | But because I was here, on my own. | 但是因为我在这 一个人 |
[22:25] | You know? | 你知道吗? |
[22:29] | You’re feeling the rush of independence, that’s — that’s wonderful. | 你觉得突然间的独立 那感觉…那感觉超棒 |
[22:33] | But you don’t have move all the way to New York to have a burger on your own terms. | 但你也不能因为能一个人吃个汉堡 就搬到纽约来啊 |
[22:37] | I don’t know what it is. I just think, for some reason, being here is important. | 我不知道是怎么回事 我只是觉得 因为某些原因 在这呆着是很重要的 |
[22:45] | You know I agree. | 你知道吗 我同意 |
[22:48] | I think it is important. | 我觉得那很重要 |
[22:51] | In fact, I think it’s so important, | 实际上 我觉得那非常的重要 |
[22:53] | I don’t see why you’re so interested in coming home for Thanksgiving. | 我不明白你为什么 如此热衷于在感恩节回家 |
[22:57] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[22:58] | I think that if your decision is to stay in New York, you should stay in New York. | 我觉得如果你决定留在纽约 那就应该留在纽约 |
[23:01] | – Barbara? – I didn’t know Tuesdays were such a problem for you. | – 我并不知星期二对你来说是问题 |
[23:04] | I didn’t say they were a problem. | 我并没有说那个是问题 |
[23:05] | I wouldn’t have wasted all that time if I’d had known how embarassed it made you. | 如果我知道和我吃饭会让你觉得麻烦 我是不会浪费时间的 |
[23:08] | – I’d never been embarassed. – And I never meant to be overbearing. | – 我从没觉得麻烦 – 我并不是有心想要控制你的 |
[23:12] | I think all Felicity is saying is that she finally — | 我觉得Felicity说的只是最终她… |
[23:14] | I understand what she’s saying. | 我明白她说的是什么意思 |
[23:17] | I’m — I’m gonna go back to the hotel, you can stay if you like. | 我要回酒店了 如果你愿意就留下吧 |
[23:21] | Barbara. Barbara. Will you sit down please? | Barbara Barbara 坐下来好吗? |
[23:35] | She’ just…… | 她只是… |
[23:40] | excuse me. | 对不起 |
[24:03] | So you got the guitar. | 那么你买了吉他 |
[24:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:10] | Yeah. What is it, a Martin? | 那是什么 Martin牌的? |
[24:14] | – Um, no. It’s got the same wood, though. – Yeah. | – 不 虽然是同样的木头 – 是啊 |
[24:17] | I couldn’t really afford the real thing. | 我买不起那个 |
[24:22] | So how’s it been going? I haven’t, uh, really seen you around. | 那么过的怎么样? 我都没有怎么见到你 |
[24:25] | Yeah, I’ve just been trying to figure out my schedule like everyone. | 我就像别人一样搞定我的课表 |
[24:28] | And when your not playing guitar. | 在你没有弹吉它的时候 |
[24:33] | So are you — are you avoiding me or…? | 你是在…你是在躲我还是…? |
[24:37] | – A little. – Yeah? | – 有点 – 是吗? |
[24:41] | Yeah. What is that? — is that | 为什么呢? 是不是 |
[24:45] | because of what happened with Felicity, or is it because of me? | 因为Felicity 或者因为我? |
[24:53] | It’s not you. | 不是因为你 |
[24:56] | It’s….not Felicity either. I gotta go. | 也不是…因为Felicity 我得走了 |
[24:59] | – You gotta go? – Yeah, I’ll see you around, ok? | – 你要走了? – 再见 好吗? |
[25:02] | Yeah, but that doesn’t mean I never get to hear you play though? | 是啊 但并不是说 我不能听你的弹奏了? |
[25:07] | Oh, I’m sure you’ll be unlucky enough to hear that. | 我肯定你没那么好的运气可以听到 |
[25:50] | Whatdaya doing? | 你在干什么? |
[25:55] | I just had that meeting with my parents. | 我刚刚见了我的父母 |
[26:11] | I’ve never seen my mom like that. | 我从没见过我妈妈那样 |
[26:17] | How’d you leave it? | 你怎么解决呢? |
[26:21] | My dad said we’re supposed to have dinner tonight. | 我爸爸说我们今晚会一起吃个饭 |
[26:24] | And try again. | 再试一次 |
[26:32] | She was just so angry at me. | 她对我生了很大的气 |
[26:38] | When I told them why I came here.. | 我告诉他们我来这的原因时… |
[26:41] | God you should have seen her face. | 你真该看看她当时的表情 |
[26:44] | It was like I stabbed her in the heart. | 就好象我刺中了她的心脏 |
[26:51] | They just feel rejected. | 他们只是感到了被拒绝 |
[26:55] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[26:58] | Your parents just never expected you to break off on your own, | 你父母只是不希望看到你 突然自己中止了所有的计划 |
[27:03] | and…they’re freaking out because they feel like your rejecting all their plans. | 还有…他们抓狂是因为他们觉得 你拒绝了他们所有的计划 |
[27:12] | Yeah, I sort of have the reverse problem. | 我的问题跟你相反 |
[27:17] | My parents have always expected me to break off on my own… | 我父母总是希望 我能自己中止所有的计划… |
[27:22] | so they work overtime to keep me happy. | 所以他们加班加点地工作 就为了让我开心 |
[27:27] | What do you mean, your parents always knew you’d leave? | 你什么意思 你父母一直知道你要离开? |
[27:35] | It’s complicated. | 这件事很复杂 |
[27:38] | It’s not that complicated. They’re my adoptive parents. | 也不是那么复杂 他们是我的养父母 |
[27:43] | I mean, I love them, so you don’t have to feel sorry for me. | 我是说 我爱他们 所以你不用为我感到遗憾 |
[27:47] | No, I don’t. | 不 我没有 |
[27:50] | They’re great. They’re my mom and my dad. | 他们非常好 他们是我的妈妈和爸爸 |
[27:59] | Oh, I always make such a big deal out of this. It’s really nothing. | 我总是把这件搞得很复杂 其实这根本不算是件事 |
[28:05] | What? | 什么? |
[28:12] | What they don’t know. What I haven’t told anyone… | 这件事他们不知道 我也没告诉过别人… |
[28:20] | Is that I found out my birth mom’s name last year, | 我去年知道了我亲生母亲的名字 |
[28:24] | and she lives in New York. | 她住在纽约 |
[28:30] | Is….I mean, that’s not why you came here. | 那不是你来这的原因吧 |
[28:42] | They’d be really hurt if they found out. | 如果他们知道真相的话会很受伤害的 |
[28:46] | I won’t say anything. | 我不会说的 |
[28:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[28:59] | God…I feel all grown up. | 上帝啊…我觉得自己完全长大了 |
[29:04] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[29:19] | – Felicity? – Yeah? | – 什么事? |
[29:22] | Is there anyone else in there? I mean, besides you? | 里面还有其他人吗? 我是说 除了你之外? |
[29:25] | Yeah! | 有! |
[29:28] | I just wanted to apoligize again for what I did. | 我只是想对我说的话再次表示道歉 |
[29:32] | You were just being honest. | 你只是实话实说 |
[29:35] | Maybe, but I swear to God, it was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever done. | 也许吧 但是我对天发誓 这是我做过最糟的事了 |
[29:39] | So did they say anything about me? | 他们说我什么了吗? |
[29:41] | It’s all yours. | 这归你了 |
[29:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:51] | So they hated me, right? Your parents. | 他们讨厌我 对吗? 你父母 |
[29:55] | They didn’t hate you. | 他们不讨厌你 |
[29:58] | But they didn’t say that. | 但是他们什么也没说 |
[30:01] | I think in their minds, | 我觉得他们心里这么想的 |
[30:03] | you were just one more piece of straw in this whole miserable haystack. | 你只是这整个悲惨干草堆中的一根稻草 |
[30:16] | Do I look ok? | 我看上去还行吧? |
[30:21] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[30:31] | Dr. Porter. | Porter医生 |
[30:35] | Uh, Noel. | |
[30:37] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[30:40] | I just, uh….wanted to say once again | 我只是 想再说一次 |
[30:44] | that I’m — I’m really regretful. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[30:52] | You’re the resident advisor. | 你是宿舍指导 |
[30:55] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[30:59] | Is she ok here? | 她在这还好吗? |
[31:03] | I think, um, | 我想… |
[31:06] | I think that she’s uh, you know, like a…like a chick. | 我觉得她是 像一个…就像只小鸡 |
[31:12] | A chick? | 小鸡? |
[31:14] | Yeah — oh, — a — a baby chicken. I was — I was going to use a metaphor. | 是啊…一只婴儿鸡 我想用比喻的 |
[31:17] | No, don’t use metaphors. Just tell me is she alright. | 不要用比喻 只要告诉我她很好就可以了 |
[31:20] | Yeah. Yes. I think she is. | 是的 我觉得她很好 |
[31:27] | I know this probably doesn’t mean anything, | 我知道这也许代表不了什么 |
[31:30] | but…I’m — I’m looking out for her. | 但是…我会照顾她的 |
[31:34] | And if it ever gets difficult, | 如果遇到什么困难 |
[31:39] | I’ll do whatever I can, uh, to make it better. | 我会尽力帮忙的 |
[31:47] | That knife thing work out, ok? | 刀的事解决了吧? |
[31:50] | Oh yeah. Um, yeah, it’s under control. It’ll be fine. | 是的 一切尽在掌握 不会有事的 |
[31:55] | Good. | 很好 |
[31:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:00] | Sure. | 不用 |
[32:05] | – Hi. | – Hi. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[32:06] | Where’s mom? | 妈妈在哪? |
[32:07] | Uh, she wasn’t feeling well. | 她有点不舒服 |
[32:10] | Oh. | 噢 |
[32:12] | – You ready? – Yeah. | – 准备好了吗? – 好了 |
[32:41] | I don’t want to keep having the same discussion everytime I see you. | 我不想每次见你都讨论同一个问题 |
[32:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:47] | I’m really trying to understand. | 我真的想要知道 |
[32:51] | I don’t want you here.I want you at Stanford. | 我不想你在这 我想你去斯坦福 |
[32:57] | But what the hell am I doing fighting you on this. | 但是我到底为什么要和你争论这个 |
[33:03] | It’s your life…not mine. | 这是你的生活…不是我的 |
[33:07] | Hard as it is for someone like me to swallow. | 只是像我这样的人有点难以接受 |
[33:12] | Ok, I’m going to make one last attempt here. | 我想在这做最后一次尝试 |
[33:15] | Are you sure you want to stay in New York? | 你确定你要留在纽约? |
[33:19] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[33:22] | Ok…. | 好吧… |
[33:24] | well, I think we should talk about how you’re going to do that. | 我想我们该讨论一下你要做的事情 |
[33:26] | I mean, practically. | 有实际意义的 |
[33:30] | If you’d attended Stanford, I was prepared to pay for your tuition. | 如果你进斯坦福 我准备替你付学费 |
[33:37] | Which I’m still prepared to do. | 我现在还准备替你付 |
[33:41] | – What? – But I — I want to be fair. | – 什么? – 但是 我想要公平点 |
[33:44] | If you’d stayed at home, room and board wouldn’t have been an additional expense, | 如果你住在家里 就不会有额外的食宿支出 |
[33:47] | so….I think you should be responsible for that. | 所以…我想你该负担自己的食宿费 |
[33:53] | You think that’s fair? | 你觉得这公平吗? |
[33:58] | Dad, you don’t have to do that. I mean, this is my decision. | 爸爸 你没必要这么做 我是说 这是我自己的决定 |
[34:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:03] | I didn’t get to where I am in life not to send my one daughter through college. | 我想要供我自己的女儿读大学 |
[34:09] | – Dad… – It’s important to me. | – 爸爸… – 这对我很重要 |
[34:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:22] | Your welcome. | 不用谢 |
[34:35] | I remember thunderstorms, when I was little. | 我记得有次打雷 当时我还小 |
[34:41] | I’d be lying in bed, just….terrified. | 我躺在床上 很害怕 |
[34:46] | No, I can still make it in today. You wnat to pick us up… | 不 我还是可以在今天搞定的 你来接我们… |
[34:51] | And my mom would come in. | 我妈妈就会进来 |
[34:54] | She’d crawl into my bed, stroke my hair, | 她慢慢走到我床前 亲抚我的头发 |
[34:59] | and tell me that it was going to be ok. | 告诉我没事的 |
[35:06] | She’d help me fall asleep when I was scared. | 当我害怕的时候她帮我入睡 |
[35:12] | It’s silly, but… | 这有点傻 但是… |
[35:15] | I guess, I expected she’d always do that. | 我想 我希望她一直都可以这么做 |
[35:22] | I just don’t understand it, | 我只是不能理解 |
[35:25] | why she’s so hurt that I’m here. | 我留在这她为什么如此伤心 |
[35:30] | She was the one who always understood me. | 她总是那个可以理解我的人 |
[35:38] | But I guess, this is how it happens…growing up. | 但是我猜 成长就是这样的 |
[35:51] | This must…..just be what it feeIs like. | 这一定…就该这样 |
[36:15] | Excuse me, do you know Felicity Porter? | 不好意思 请问你认识Felicity Porter吗? |
[36:19] | Yeah. | 认识 |
[36:21] | You’ve never had a student who felt…. | 你从没有学生会感到… |
[36:24] | you know..gulity… | 你知道…愧疚… |
[36:27] | just about growing up, have you? | 只是因为成长 对吗? |
[36:43] | I thought you were going home. | 我以为你回家了 |
[36:48] | Come here. | 过来 |
[37:07] | I met your father when I was very young, | 我很年轻时就遇见了你父亲 |
[37:11] | which is why I had that reaction. | 那就是为什么我会有如此的反应 |
[37:16] | When you said you’d followed a boy to college, | 当你说你跟着个男生到了大学 |
[37:20] | it sounded so familiar. | 听上去是如此的熟悉 |
[37:26] | I mean, I had you when I was 20 years old… | 20岁的时候我就有了你… |
[37:31] | which I wouldn’t trade for anything, | 拿什么东西我都不换 |
[37:35] | but…um all those visions I had for my life. | 但是…我生活中有过的所有幻想 |
[37:41] | All the dreams you think might possibly one day materialize, | 那些你认为可能会实现的梦想 |
[37:47] | they all start disappearing one by one… | 都一个接一个的破灭… |
[37:53] | of course…none of which is your fault. | 当然…那些都不是你的错 |
[38:01] | You know I didn’t mean those things I said. | 你知道我并不是有意说那些话的 |
[38:06] | I lived for those Tuesday dinners with you. | 星期二和你一起吃的晚餐对我很重要 |
[38:17] | I liked them too. | 我也很喜欢 |
[38:22] | I think they were a little too important for me. | 我觉得那对我更重要些 |
[38:27] | Here’s the thing, | 情况是这样的 |
[38:29] | I don’t know what it’s going to be like now…. without you at home. | 我不知道现在事情会变成怎样… 在没有你的家里 |
[38:38] | Not just for me alone. | 不仅仅是我会感到孤单 |
[38:42] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[38:45] | I’m a little terrified, | 我有点害怕 |
[38:49] | but more then anything, | 但是最重要的是 |
[38:53] | I’m proud of my brave daughter, | 我为我勇敢的女儿感到骄傲 |
[38:58] | who I can’t wait to see on Thanksgiving. | 我等不及在感恩节见到她了 |
[39:09] | – Hey. – Hi. How’s it going? | – 嘿 – 嗨 你还好吗? |
[39:12] | It’s good. It’s good. I, uh… | 很好 很好 我… |
[39:16] | I got that, I got your essay that you sent me. | 我拿到了 我拿到你寄给我的论文了 |
[39:21] | Oh, uh — huh. | 噢 |
[39:24] | And you wrote about me. | 那篇文章是写我的 |
[39:28] | Yeah, Yeah, I did. | 是的 |
[39:32] | I’m going to leave. | 我要走了 |
[39:34] | No, stay. | 不 留下 |
[39:38] | This is Ben.This is my mom. | 这位是Ben 这位是我母亲 |
[39:42] | – Hi. – Very nice to meet you. | – 嗨 – 很高兴认识你 |
[39:44] | Yeah, it’s nice to meet you. | 是啊 很高兴认识你 |
[39:47] | So….I’ll see ya. | 那么…我们待会见 |
[39:52] | – Yeah. I’ll — I’ll see ya – Ok. | – 好的 我们待会见 – 好 |
[40:12] | He’s cute. | 他很可爱 |
[40:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:17] | *Move me. | |
[40:22] | *Don’t try. | |
[40:27] | *Let the music | |
[40:32] | *Reach me tonight | |
[40:37] | *Push me…over | |
[40:42] | *Into something new. | |
[40:47] | *I’ve been riding all day on a bus | |
[40:52] | *Just to listen to you. | |
[40:57] | *I love, I love, I love, I love the look. | |
[41:02] | *In your tresspassed eyes…yeah. | |
[41:07] | *I love, I love, I love, I love the way.. | |
[41:12] | *you can make me cry. | |
[41:18] | *Oh, yeah, yeah..without a sound. | |
[41:32] | *without a sound…. | |
[41:35] | -=WWW.YDY.COM/BBS=- Ptoudly Presents | |
[41:50] | Felicity Season 01 Episode 02 |