时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | In the Greater Seattle area, the number is 555-KACL. | 在大西雅图地区 号码是555-KACL |
[00:13] | We’ve got a number of lines open. Please give us a call. Who’s up next, Roz? | 热线开放中 欢迎拨打 下一位是谁 Roz |
[00:17] | We have Pam on line four, she’s having a problem with her family. | 四号线的Pam有一个家庭方面的问题 |
[00:21] | Hello, Pam. This is Dr Frasier Crane. I’m listening. | 你好 Pam 我是Fransier Crane医生 您请讲 |
[00:25] | ‘Hi. It’s my in-laws. | 你好 我公公婆婆吧 |
[00:27] | ‘It’s just that, well, they drop over all the time without calling first | 老是电话都不打就跑来家里 |
[00:31] | ‘and they expect us to stop what we are doing and entertain them.’ | 还指望我们放下手里的事情招待他们 |
[00:34] | Well, they’re your husband’s parents. What does he suggest? | 他们是你先生的父母啊 他怎么说呢 |
[00:38] | ‘The other day he had us drop to the floor | 几天前那次他让我们趴在地上 |
[00:40] | ‘and stay quiet until they drove away.’ | 不许出声 一直到他们开走 |
[00:44] | A creative approach, but hardly a long-term solution. | 非常有创意 但不是长久之计 |
[00:48] | ‘I thought about saying something, but I’m afraid I’ll hurt their feelings.’ | 我有想过要说点什么 但是我不想伤害他们的感情 |
[00:51] | Well then you have a choice, either you risk hurting their feelings, | 你要不伤感情的话 |
[00:55] | or you spend the rest of | 这下半辈子 |
[00:56] | your life diving for cover whenever they happen to drop on by. | 每次他们突然来袭你就都得寻找掩体了 |
[01:00] | ‘Shh! They’re here!’ | 嘘 他们来了 |
[01:06] | Your in-laws? | 你的公婆吗 |
[01:07] | – ‘Shh! Yes.’ – Then why don’t you just take this opportunity | – 嘘 是的 – 那你怎么不趁此机会 |
[01:10] | Oh, for Pete’s sake! Why don’t you just tell them how you feel. | 天咧 您就和他们直说了吧 |
[01:14] | ‘Ok, ok. l will. Next time. I promise. Thanks, Dr Crane!’ | 我会的 下次吧 我保证 谢谢你 |
[01:19] | Well, as Pam belly-crawls across her living room… | 在Pam匍匐穿过她家客厅的时候 |
[01:25] | let’s take a moment for this message from Carpet Fresh. | 让我们听一听这段地毯清洁剂广告 |
[01:29] | How’s that for a segue? | 这句过场不错吧 |
[01:37] | I just don’t think it’s very smart to make rude gestures at other drivers. | 我觉得对着其他司机做粗鲁的手势是不对的 |
[01:40] | He cut you off. | 他超你车 |
[01:42] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不要紧 |
[01:44] | You do not antagonise a man | 你不应与人为敌 |
[01:45] | whose bumper sticker says | 而且这个人车后面还贴着 |
[01:46] | “If you’re close enough to read this, I’ll kill you.” | 你能看清这行字的时候 我就杀了你 |
[01:50] | Big talk from a Volvo. | 小小沃尔沃好大的口气 |
[01:54] | I see you found yourself a new suit. | 我看您买了件新西装啊 |
[01:56] | Oh whether you see it, Daphne. It’s a beaut. | 噢 不管你看见没 Daphne 这可是相当漂亮 |
[01:58] | Let’s have a look. | 让我瞧瞧呗 |
[01:58] | Can’t let you see it on the hanger. | 不能挂在衣架上让你看啊 |
[02:00] | I’ll model if for you. | 等我穿上给你看 |
[02:02] | What a nice son you are buying your father a new suit! | 你给你爸买西装 真是个贴心的儿子 |
[02:05] | It didn’t work out the way I’d planned but uh… | 和我预想的不太一样 不过 |
[02:08] | Daphne what are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[02:10] | Fluffing your knickers. | 把你的短裤弄松软些 |
[02:13] | If you don’t mind my saying so, | 如果你不介意我这么说的话 |
[02:15] | you’re losing some of your elasticity. | 好些橡皮筋都松弛了啊 |
[02:19] | I appreciate what you’re doing, but a man’s knickers are certainly… | 我很感激你的功劳 但是一个男人的短裤是 |
[02:22] | Ooh! | 哇哦 |
[02:27] | How do you get them so soft? | 你怎么把它们弄这么软的 |
[02:29] | Fabric softener and twice in the fluff cycle. | 纤维松软剂 再放进烘干机里烘两次 |
[02:33] | Well, keep up the good work. | 好样的 |
[02:35] | Hello. Yes. Oh hi, Niles. | 喂 嗨 Niles |
[02:38] | Well of course you can come by. | 你当然可以过来 |
[02:40] | Great. I’ll see you then. | 好 待会儿见 |
[02:48] | Hi, Niles | 嗨 Niles |
[02:50] | Good to see you. Thanks for calling first. | 很高兴见到你 谢谢你先来电啊 |
[02:52] | Well I heard your show today. | 我听了你今天的节目 |
[02:54] | I wouldn’t dream of popping by unannounced. | 万万不敢未先告知就登门造访 |
[02:57] | Actually I was in the neighborhood and I’ve come to beg a favour. | 其实是我刚好在附近 就想来请你帮个忙 |
[03:00] | My housekeeper Mary is a very big fan of your little radio programme. | 我的管家Mary非常喜欢你那个小节目 |
[03:03] | Is she? | 是嘛 |
[03:04] | Yes. Well, what she lacks in taste, she makes up for in vigour. | 她虽然没有什么品味 但是很有活力 |
[03:09] | She’d like an autographed photo. | 她想要一张签名照 |
[03:11] | It’d be my pleasure. Daphne, this is my brother Niles. | 我很乐意 Daphne 这是我弟弟Niles |
[03:17] | – You’re Daphne? – Why? Yes, I am. | – 你就是Daphne – 是的 |
[03:22] | When Frasier told me he’d hired an English woman, | Frasier跟我说他雇了位英国女性 |
[03:24] | I pictured someone a little more… not quite so… | 我还以为是以一位更加 至少没这么 |
[03:29] | You’re Daphne? | 你就是Daphne |
[03:31] | It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[03:33] | What a lovely accent. Is that Manchester? | 好可爱的口音 是曼城吗 |
[03:35] | Yes! How did you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[03:37] | I’m quite the Anglophile. I’m sure Frasier and Dad told you. | 我十分亲英 我想Frasier和爸爸有告诉过你吧 |
[03:40] | No. They didn’t mention it. | 没提过呢 |
[03:42] | You undoutedly guessed as much when they said | 你肯定也猜到了吧 他们肯定说起过 |
[03:44] | I spent a year studying at Cambridge. | 我在剑桥读过一年书 |
[03:46] | No, They didn’t mention that either. | 这个他们也没提过 |
[03:48] | I guess my father and brother don’t spend a lot of time | 我猜我不在的时候 |
[03:51] | talking about me when I’m not around. | 他们都不怎么提起我的吧 |
[03:53] | I wouldn’t say that. | 也不是这样呢 |
[03:57] | Niles, here’s your picture. | Niles 这是你要的照片 |
[03:59] | Do you mind? | 别瞎弄 |
[04:03] | “Mary, here’s wishing you good mental health. Frasier Crane.” | Mary 祝你心理健康 Frasier Crane |
[04:10] | – Fits like a glove. – Hi, Niles. | – 合身极了 – 嗨 Niles |
[04:13] | Hey, Dad… Wow. | 嗨 老爸 哇哦 |
[04:16] | – How do I look? – Wow. | – 我看上去怎么样 – 哇哦 |
[04:22] | Dr Crane took your father shopping to Armani this afternoon. | Crane医生下午带你父亲去阿玛尼了 |
[04:25] | You got that at Armani? | 你们在阿玛尼买的 |
[04:26] | Just like I told you, Frasier. He can’t tell the difference. | 跟你说了 他分不出来吧 |
[04:33] | Well, we were on our way to Armani | 我们在去阿玛尼的路上 |
[04:35] | when Dad spotted this in the window of a discount clothing store. | 然后老爸在一家折扣店得橱窗里看见了这件 |
[04:38] | It’s sharkskin. | 是鲨鱼皮的 |
[04:39] | Look at the way it changes colour when I move my arm. | 看我挥手的时候颜色会变哦 |
[04:44] | You’re going to be the handsomest gent at your friend’s retirement party. | 你在你朋友的退休派对上肯定是最帅的 |
[04:48] | Come on let’s hang it up before it gets wrinkled. | 挂起来吧 免得变皱 |
[04:50] | It’s supposed to resist wrinkles. | 这是防皱的 |
[04:52] | They had one in the display window | 他们橱窗那儿还有一件 |
[04:53] | wadded up inside a mayonnaise jar. | 揉成一团放在蛋黄酱罐子里呢 |
[04:59] | Frasier, is he our real father? | Frasier 他真的是我们的亲生父亲么 |
[05:01] | Don’t start that again. We’ve been having this discussion | 别提了 这个话题 |
[05:04] | since we were children. | 我们都从小谈到大了 |
[05:07] | But that suit! | 但那西装也太 |
[05:09] | Well, it’s not just the suit. | 又不只是那件西装 |
[05:10] | It’s his taste in everything – clothing, films, music. | 他对所有东西的品味都是这样 衣服 电影 音乐 |
[05:14] | Outside of our lastnames and abnormally well-developed | 除了姓氏和发育异常良好的 |
[05:17] | calf muscles we have nothing in common with the man. | 小腿之外我们和那男的没共同点 |
[05:20] | Thank goodness, we took after Mom. | 谢天谢地 我们遗传了老妈 |
[05:22] | So how come he didn’t acquire any of her sophistication? | 那他怎么一点儿没学到她的雅致呢 |
[05:25] | Maybe he was too busy working his tail off | 大概他太忙于工作 |
[05:28] | so we could have the nicer things. | 好让我们有更好的生活 |
[05:30] | You know, Niles, maybe it time we tried to pay him back in some way, | Niles或许我们该以某种方式回报他了 |
[05:34] | expose him to some of the finer things | 让他接触些更好的东西 |
[05:36] | so that he’d stop lumbering | 好让他不再这样 |
[05:38] | through life like some great polyester dinosaur. | 像只巨型塑胶恐龙一样在生活里蹒跚 |
[05:43] | I don’t know. Dad’s so set in his ways. | 但老爸非常的固执己见啊 |
[05:45] | We all are at some point in our lives. | 某种程度上我们都是这样的 |
[05:46] | Remember you used to think the 1812 Overture | 还记得你一度认为1812序曲 |
[05:49] | was s great piece of classical music. | 是一首伟大的古典乐 |
[05:51] | Was I ever that young? | 我也曾如此年轻过么 |
[05:58] | You know you and l have to broaden Dad’s horizons, | 我们得拓宽老爸的视野 |
[06:01] | show him the world that he’s only read about in TV Guide. | 让他见识下他只在收视指南里见过的世界 |
[06:04] | How about an evening of fine dining? | 一顿上好的晚餐怎么样 |
[06:08] | Perfect. But where? | 很好啊 但是去哪儿呢 |
[06:10] | Le Cigare Volant! | 雪茄飞轮 |
[06:15] | But can we really get in? I’ve been trying for months. | 可是我们能订到位置么 我已经试了几个月了 |
[06:17] | Oh please, Niles, don’t forget the cachet my name carries in this town. | Niles 别忘了我在镇里还是有点名望的 |
[06:20] | Actually I’m not. If the maitre d’ happens to be a housewife, | 如果餐厅主管恰巧是家庭主妇的话 |
[06:23] | we’re in. | 我们肯定能订上 |
[06:26] | Niles, you are so mean. | Niles 你真刻薄 |
[06:29] | – I’ll just call Information. – No need. I have it on speed dial. | – 我打电话问问 – 不用 我有快速拨号 |
[06:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:36] | Hello. This is Dr Frasier Crane. | 你好 我是Fraiser Crane医生 |
[06:39] | Yes. The one on the radio. | 没错 广播上那个 |
[06:42] | Say, any chance of getting a | 能订到一张四个人的桌子 |
[06:44] | table for four on Saturday, at, say, 8:00? | 周六晚上八点 |
[06:49] | Merci. A bientot. | 谢谢 再见 |
[06:51] | We’re in! | 订到了 |
[06:53] | Niles, can I get you a beer, some pork rinds? | Niles 我给你拿罐啤酒和一些炸猪皮吧 |
[06:56] | No, thanks. | 不 不用了 |
[06:58] | Dad, Niles and I and Maris would like you to join us for dinner | 爸 Niles 我和Maris想请你和我们周六晚上 |
[07:04] | on Saturday night at Le Cigare Volant, | 一起去雪茄飞轮吃晚餐 |
[07:07] | one of the hottest new restaurants in town. | 镇上最火的新餐厅之一 |
[07:09] | Oh gee. I don’t know. | 啊 我不确定 |
[07:11] | The food is to die for. | 能吃上那儿的菜死了都值得 |
[07:12] | Niles, your country and your family are to die for. Food is to eat. | Niles 祖国家人才值得你牺牲 菜是用来吃的 |
[07:17] | Look, I appreciate the offer, but I wouldn’t like it. | 感谢你们邀请我 但是我不想去 |
[07:19] | Oh dad how do you know if you don’t try it. | 爸 不试试怎么知道呢 |
[07:21] | Well, I didn’t have to get shot | 我可不需要被把点38的枪 |
[07:22] | in the hip with a 38 to know I wouldn’t like that. | 射过屁股才知道我不喜欢 |
[07:25] | Yes, but dad, it will give us a chance | 但是老爸 但这是一个我们一家人 |
[07:27] | to have an evening all together as a family. | 聚在一起的机会 |
[07:30] | Niles and I really want to do this for you. | 我们真的想请你去 |
[07:33] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:36] | We’re going to have the best time! | 一定会很棒的 |
[07:38] | Yeah, give me a chance to wear my new suit again, too. | 正好给我个机会再穿一次新西服的机会 |
[07:42] | And won’t that be nice? | 甚好甚好 |
[07:48] | So how do the calls look today? | 今天都有些什么来电 |
[07:49] | Well we got a couple of jilted lovers, | 有几个被情人抛弃的 |
[07:52] | a man who’s afraid of his car, | 有个怕自己车子的男的 |
[07:54] | a manic-depressive and | 一个躁郁症 |
[07:55] | three people who feel their lives are going nowhere. | 还有三个人觉得人生无望 |
[07:57] | I love a Monday. | 我爱死周一了 |
[07:59] | So how was your weekend? | 你周末过得怎么样 |
[08:01] | I had the most hellacious date in my life. | 有史以来最可笑的约会 |
[08:04] | First he asked me to pick him up from work. | 先是他要我去接他下班 |
[08:06] | Then I stop for gas and I has to pump | 我停下来加油的时候 我还得自己加 |
[08:08] | it myself while he just sits there reading the sports section. | 他呢 就坐在那儿看体育专栏 |
[08:11] | So I take him back to my place | 我带他回我家 |
[08:12] | to make him my famous sweet and sour shrimp. | 给他做我拿手的酸甜虾 |
[08:14] | I’m in the middle of cooking. | 我正忙着做菜 |
[08:15] | I ask him to hand me the honey and | 我让他把蜂蜜递给我一下 |
[08:17] | he gets this freaked out look on his face | 然后他就一脸抓狂的表情 |
[08:19] | and says he can’t because | 说他不行 因为 |
[08:20] | he has a deadly fear of touching anything sticky. | 他害怕碰任何黏答答的东西 |
[08:25] | I told him it was a new jar, but he didn’t want to take any risks. | 我跟他说那是个新罐子 但是他不敢冒险 |
[08:29] | Roz where do you meet these people? | 你在哪儿碰上这些人的 |
[08:30] | I answered his ad. | 我回了他的约会广告 |
[08:35] | – You got 30 seconds. You better get in there. – Not yet. | – 还有30秒 你最好进去了 – 不急 |
[08:38] | – Oh no. – Roz are you ready? | – 哦不 – Roz 开始吧 |
[08:39] | – Don’t make me do this. – Come on we do this every Monday. | – 别逼我 – 我们每周一都做的啊 |
[08:42] | – You do this every Monday. I play along. – Come on. | – 是你每周一都做 我只是配合你 – 来嘛 |
[08:46] | – Who’s got the best talk show in Seattle? – We do! We do! | – 谁的脱口秀西雅图第一 – 我们 我们 |
[08:50] | All right! | 棒极了 |
[09:03] | Well, aren’t you a bobby-dazzler! | 你可真是可人儿啊 |
[09:06] | I’ll go out on a limb and take that as a compliment. | 我就大胆猜测那是句赞美好了 |
[09:11] | – Where are you off to? – I’m going to poker night. | – 你这是去哪儿啊 – 扑克之夜 |
[09:14] | I wouldn’t peg you as a card player. | 你看起来不像爱打扑克的啊 |
[09:17] | It’s mostly social. Me and the girls just bumping the gums. | 就是出来聚一聚 和她们一起吹吹口香糖 |
[09:21] | No one ever loses more than $500 or $600. | 都没人有输过超过五六百美元 |
[09:27] | – Hi, Niles. – Hello – Where’s Maris? | – 嗨 Niles – 嗨 – Maris呢 |
[09:29] | Are you taking separate elevators again? | 你们又分开坐电梯了么 |
[09:31] | No. I’m afraid Maris is having one of her episodes. | 不 恐怕Maris出了点小状况 |
[09:35] | In the middle of dressing for the evening, | 她为了晚餐打扮的时候 |
[09:36] | she suddenly slumped down on the edge of the bed | 突然穿着短衬裙 |
[09:38] | in her half-slip and sighed. | 倒在床的边上 叹了一口气 |
[09:41] | – Of course I knew in there that the dinner was not to be. – Sorry. | – 我当时就知道晚餐是不可能了 – 我很遗憾 |
[09:44] | Yes. Well, I will just have to make the best of it. | 看来我只能尽力而为了 |
[09:47] | Hi-ho, Daphne, you’re looking luminous this evening. | 哇 Daphne 你今晚真是光彩照人 |
[09:51] | – My thank you, Dr Crane. – What’s in the bag? | – 谢谢你 Crane医生 – 袋子里装的是什么 |
[09:54] | Just a little treat I picked up for Dad. Some Devonshire clotted cream. | 我给老爸带的一点儿小礼物 一些德文郡奶油 |
[09:58] | – For Dad? – I love Devonshire clotted cream. | – 给老爸的 – 我很喜欢德文郡奶油 |
[10:02] | Isn’t that lucky? You two can share it. | 好巧啊 你俩可以一起吃啊 |
[10:04] | I’ll just go pop this in the fridge. | 我去放进冰箱里 |
[10:07] | – Sherry, Niles? – Thank you. | – 来杯雪利吗 Niles – 好啊 谢谢 |
[10:11] | I’m having a thought Frasier. | 我有个想法 Frasier |
[10:13] | Since Maris has sadly dropped out and we do have an extra space, | 鉴于Mairs不幸缺席 我们空出了一个位置 |
[10:17] | perhaps we should invite Daphne to join us for the evening. | 我们可以邀请Daphne来共进晚餐啊 |
[10:20] | I mean, it is a table for four, | 订了四个人的桌子 |
[10:22] | and three is such an awkward number, | 很尴尬的 三个人去 |
[10:25] | you know, at a…at a dinner. | 去 去吃晚餐的话 |
[10:29] | What are you doing? | 你想干嘛 |
[10:34] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[10:36] | For goodness’ sake, Frasier, I’m a happily married man. | 天呐 Frasier 我是个婚姻幸福的男人 |
[10:39] | Maris means the world to me. | Maris对我来说就是整个世界 |
[10:40] | Just the other day, I kissed her for no reason whatsoever. | 前几天我才毫无原因地亲了她一口 |
[10:45] | Well, I’m off to my poker game. It was nice seeing you again, Dr Crane. | 我去打扑克了 很高兴再次见到你 Crane博士 |
[10:51] | Oh, wait a minute. I’m getting something on you. | 等等 我在你身上感应到了什么 |
[10:56] | She’s psychic. We’ve decided to find it charming. | 她能通灵 我们决定把这当做件可爱的事 |
[11:05] | You have occasional bouts of colitis, don’t you? | 你时不时会犯大肠炎 是吧 |
[11:10] | Yes. | 没错 |
[11:15] | Frasier, she’s phenomenal! | Frasier 她真神了 |
[11:17] | It’s a gift. Well, cheerio. | 这是天赋 再见咯 |
[11:19] | Ta-ta. | 拜拜 |
[11:21] | Niles, you’ve never had colitis a day in your life. | Niles 你这辈子一天都没得过大肠炎 |
[11:23] | I know. I couldn’t bear to disappoint her. | 我知道 可是我不忍心让她失望 |
[11:27] | OK. I’m ready to go. | 我准备好出门了 |
[11:31] | Dad, what’s happened to your suit? | 老爸 你的西装呢 |
[11:33] | It’s at the cleaners. | 在洗衣房 |
[11:35] | I got some creamed chicken on it | 昨晚Phil退休晚宴的时候 |
[11:36] | at Phil’s retirement dinner last night. | 我弄了点奶油鸡块在上面 |
[11:38] | You can’t keep anything nice. | 好东西都留不住啊 |
[11:41] | I’m sure Le Cigare Volant has a dress code. | 我很肯定雪茄飞轮是有着装要求的 |
[11:44] | Niles, may I borrow your phone? Thank you so much. | Niles 我能用一下你的电话吗 谢谢 |
[11:48] | – Where’s Maris? – Episode. | – Maris呢 – 闹情绪 |
[11:53] | Yes. Hello. This is Dr Frasier Crane. I have a reservation tonight | 您好 我是Frasier Crane医生 我今晚有预约 |
[11:56] | and I’m calling to inquire about your minimum dress code. | 我打电话来是想一下你们的最低着装标准 |
[12:03] | Crane. Frasier… Doctor. | Crane Frasier 医生 |
[12:06] | What do you mean? We’ve had the reservation for over a week. | 什么意思 我们一周多前就预定了 |
[12:09] | They’ve lost our reservation. | 他们把我们的预定弄没了 |
[12:10] | Give me that. Listen this is Dr Niles Crane. | 给我 听着 我是Niles Crane博士 |
[12:14] | I’ve never been treated so shabbily in my entire life and | 我这辈子都没有被这样不公平对待过 |
[12:16] | I could have a good mind to come over and create an embarrassing scene! | 我完全可以过去把这事闹大 |
[12:18] | -Niles. They’ve already hung up. – Huh, thank God. | – Niles 他们已经挂电话了 – 幸好 |
[12:24] | Well, what now, Frasier? | 现在怎么办 Frasier |
[12:27] | It’s Saturday night, 7:45. We are not going to get in anywhere. | 周六晚上7点45 哪儿都没位子了 |
[12:30] | Hey, I know! Why don’t I take us all to The Timber Mill? | 我知道一个地方 我带你们去锯木厂吧 |
[12:35] | – The Timber Mill? – Oh it’s great. | – 锯木厂 – 那地方好极了 |
[12:38] | You get a steak this thick for $8.95! | 这么厚的牛排只要8.95美元 |
[12:40] | Honestly dad, it doesn’t sound like the kind of restaurant we’d like. | 说实话 爸 听上去不像是我们会喜欢的那种餐馆 |
[12:44] | Well I was willing to go to your place. | 我本来可是愿意去你们想去的地方啊 |
[12:46] | Dad, I think We’d better just take a rain check. | 爸 我们还是改天吧 |
[12:50] | Oh gee! I was looking forward to spending an evening with you boys. | 我还挺期待和你们出去的 |
[12:53] | Well, I guess some other time. | 总会再有机会的 |
[12:55] | I’m sure Daphne’s got something in the fridge I can heat up. | Daphne肯定在冰箱里留了点什么 我去热热 |
[13:05] | You know, on second thought, I’m really in the mood for a good steak. | 回头一想 我还挺想吃牛排的 |
[13:08] | What? | 你说什么 |
[13:10] | What, yes, you know the point of the whole thing | 重点不是我们 |
[13:12] | is not exactly where we have the | 在哪里吃饭 |
[13:13] | dinner but the three of us having an evening together as a family, right? | 而是我们一家人能共进晚餐 |
[13:17] | You won’t be sorry. | 你们不会失望的 |
[13:18] | They’ve got five different toppings for your baked potato. | 他们那儿的烤土豆有五种浇头呢 |
[13:21] | – Did you hear that, Niles? – I’m sold. | – 听到了吗 Niles – 听起来很棒 |
[13:23] | We’ll bring you a bone, Eddie. | 我们会给你带骨头的 Eddie |
[13:26] | He’s ecstatic. | 它高兴死了 |
[13:34] | Quite a place, huh? Used to be a real working sawmill. | 挺不错的地方是吧 以前真的是个锯木厂哦 |
[13:37] | Until somebody stated the obvious | 然后就有人做了该做的事 |
[13:39] | and said, “Hey, let’s turn this place into a restaurant!” | 说 我们把这个地方改成餐馆吧 |
[13:43] | I just walk in here and my mouth start watering. | 我一进来就开始流口水了 |
[13:46] | There’s nothing like the smell of charbroiled meat. | 炭火烤肉的味道无与伦比啊 |
[13:49] | This aroma is triggering a sense memory. Something familiar. | 这种味道唤起了我的感官记忆 某些很熟悉的东西 |
[13:52] | Oh, of course. It’s Maris and her home tanning bed. | 是Mairs和她的家庭美黑日晒床 |
[14:00] | Hi. Welcome to The Timber Mill. | 欢迎光临锯木厂 |
[14:02] | You don’t have a table for three, do you? | 你们没有三人桌吧 是吗 |
[14:05] | Sure. Right this way. | 有的 这边请 |
[14:08] | – Is this your first visit to the timber mill? – Yes. | – 你们是第一次来锯木厂吗 – 是啊 |
[14:11] | Well we’ve got a dress code. | 我们有着装标准的 |
[14:13] | Well, could you make the exception in this case? | 你能通融一下吗 |
[14:15] | – His suit was at the cleaners. – Not him. You. | – 他的西装在洗衣房 – 不是他 是你们 |
[14:18] | Timber! | 锯了 |
[14:23] | – My tie! She cut off my tie! – Isn’t that great? | – 我的领带 她剪掉了我的领带 – 不好吗 |
[14:28] | Why did she cut of my tie? | 为什么要这样啊 |
[14:30] | They’ve been doing it for years. They like to keep the place casual. | 他们一直这么干 他们喜欢保持随意的氛围 |
[14:33] | Dad, you could have mentioned that to us. | 你本来可以告诉我们的啊 |
[14:34] | And spoil the fun? Ah, cheer up. | 这样就没乐子了 开心点 |
[14:39] | – You get a free dessert. – Oh, boy. | – 你们会得到免费的甜点 – 我的天 |
[14:41] | Well, I guess you’re right, Dad. It’s just a tie. | 你大概是对的 老爸 就是条领带而已 |
[14:45] | A Hugo Boss tie. | 一条Hugo Boss领带 |
[14:50] | – Hi. Can I get you guys something from the bar? – Oh, dear God, yes. | – 你们想要点什么喝的吗 – 天啊 好的 |
[14:56] | I’ll have a Stoli Gibson on the rocks with three pearl onions. | 我要一杯Stoli Gbison加冰 配上三片腌小洋葱 |
[14:59] | If you bring him two, if you bring him four, he’ll send it back. | 如果你配了两片 如果你配了四片 他都会退回的 |
[15:04] | – And for you? – The same. | – 你呢 – 一样 |
[15:07] | I’ll have a Ballantine. | 我要一杯百龄坛 |
[15:12] | Funny thing happened the other day. | 前几天发生了件有趣的事情 |
[15:14] | One of my patients had an rather amusing Freudian slip. | 我有个病人犯了一次弗洛依德式失语 |
[15:17] | He was having dinner with his wife and he meant to say, “Pass the salt.” | 他和他妻子吃饭的时候本来想说 给我盐 |
[15:19] | But instead he said, “You’ve ruined my life, | 但他说出来的却是 你毁了我的生活 |
[15:21] | you blood-sucking shrew.” | 你这吸血的泼妇 |
[15:28] | I’ll bet she didn’t like that. | 她不大高兴吧 |
[15:33] | No, Dad. She didn’t. | 是的 她不高兴 |
[15:36] | Say, how was your buddy’s retirement party last night? | 话说昨晚你朋友的派对怎么样啊 |
[15:40] | It was great. You know I really miss those guys. Bad news, though. | 挺不错的 我很想念那帮家伙 不过有坏消息就是了 |
[15:45] | Remember Mohanson, the desk captain of old my precinct, | 记得Mohanson吗 我以前辖区的头头 |
[15:48] | killed in a boating accident. | 在划船意外中去世了 |
[15:50] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[15:51] | Well, at least he went quick. | 至少他没受多少苦 |
[15:53] | Hank Krinski, well, he had three bypasses before he went. | Hank Krinski去世之前做了三次心脏搭桥 |
[15:59] | Jimmy Berman, he had this weird disease. | Jimmy Berman得了一种怪病 |
[16:02] | I went to visited him in the hospital. | 我去医院看了他 |
[16:04] | By the time he died, his skin was all yellow. | 他死的时候皮肤都是黄色的 |
[16:06] | Wasted away at nothing. | 都白治疗了 |
[16:09] | Nice nurse, though. Betty, I think her name was. | 护士倒是不错 她名字好像是Betty |
[16:13] | I see we have a couple of first-timers here. Let me tell you how it works. | 有几位第一次来的 我就说下我们这儿的规矩吧 |
[16:17] | Every entree comes with a soup | 每道主菜都配有一份汤 |
[16:19] | or a trip to the salad bar. One trip only, please. | 或是一份自助沙拉 只能取一次哦 |
[16:22] | Also included is our famous garlic cheese bread. | 同时还配有我们有名的蒜香起司包 |
[16:26] | And now if you are ready, you can claim your steaks. | 如果准备好了 你们可以指定牛排了 |
[16:29] | “Claim” our steaks? | 指定牛排 |
[16:30] | You get to pick the cut you want off the beef trolley. | 你可以从牛肉餐车上指定你想要的那块牛排 |
[16:39] | How much extra would I | 我得付多少钱 |
[16:40] | have to pay to get one from the refrigerator? | 才能来一块儿从冰箱里拿出来的呢 |
[16:45] | Would you just pick your steak. | 你就选一块吧 |
[16:47] | I’d like a petit fillet mignon very lean, | 我要一块很瘦的菲力小牛排 |
[16:50] | not so lean that it lacks flavour. | 不要瘦到失去风味 |
[16:52] | but not so fat that it leaves drippings on the plate. | 也不要肥到在盘子上流油 |
[16:54] | And I don’t want it cooked, just lightly seared on either side. | 也不要做熟了 两面稍微煎一下 |
[16:57] | Pink in the middle. Not a true pink, | 中间要是粉色的 也不是真的粉色 |
[16:59] | but not a mauve, either, something in between. | 但也不要淡紫色 介于两者之间 |
[17:02] | Bearing in mind the slightest error either way, and it’s ruined. | 记住 任何一个最微小的错误都能毁了这牛排 |
[17:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:12] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[17:15] | Could I see the other side of that one? | 我能看看那块儿的背面吗 |
[17:18] | Just bring us those three, medium rare, all the fixings. | 就那三块 三分熟 配料全加 |
[17:22] | Hey come on. There’s a lull at the salad bar. | 快看 自助沙拉吧人正少呢 |
[17:31] | Isn’t this great? They have the best Thousand Island dressing in town. | 很棒吧 这家的千岛酱是镇上最好的 |
[17:35] | I know, dad. I saw the plaque by the cash register. | 我知道 我在收银台旁边看见牌子了 |
[17:38] | Here we go. Three Paul Bunyans. Medium rare. | 来了 三分伐木巨人 三分熟 |
[17:41] | – We’ve barely touched our salads. – Great service, huh? | – 我们还没怎么动沙拉呢 – 服务很周到吧 |
[17:44] | With any luck, | 走运的话 |
[17:45] | we should be completing our dining experience in less than 20 minutes. | 我们二十分钟以内就能结束我们的晚餐了 |
[17:48] | If you’re not ready. | 如果你还没准备好开动的话 |
[17:49] | I could put this under the heat lamp. | 我可以把这个放到加热灯下面 |
[17:51] | No, no. That won’t be necessary, young lady. I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. | 不 不用了 我准备好开动了 |
[17:55] | All right. Let me know if I can get you anything else. | 好吧 有什么别的需要请告诉我 |
[17:58] | It’s thank you. | 我说谢谢 |
[17:59] | You know, I don’t mind you guys being tough on this place, | 我不在乎你们不喜欢这个地方 |
[18:02] | but you could be a little nicer to the waitress. | 但你们应该对女侍应好点 |
[18:04] | You’re right. I’ll apologise when she comes with the dessert. | 行 她上甜点的时候我会道歉的 |
[18:07] | Which should be any time now. | 应该是随时都可能会上的 |
[18:13] | Sometimes there’s nothing like a good steak. | 有些时候 没什么比得上一块儿好牛排了 |
[18:16] | I wish this was one of those times. | 真希望现在就是你说的那个时候 |
[18:20] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[18:21] | – Well, I don’t mean to complain… – Then don’t. | – 我不想抱怨的 – 那就别抱怨 |
[18:24] | For your information, these steaks come from prize beef | 知道吗 这些牛肉可是来自获奖的肉牛 |
[18:27] | rasied in… What the hell are you doing? | 养在 你在干嘛 |
[18:31] | Something seems to be fallen in my potato. | 我的土豆里好像有点东西 |
[18:33] | – Those are bacon bits. – But I didn’t ask for them. | – 那是培根末 – 我没让他们加啊 |
[18:36] | I ordered all the fixings. You got all the fixings. | 我点的是加全配料的 你拿到的就是全配料的 |
[18:38] | But I don’t eat bacon because of the nitrates. | 我不吃培根 有硝酸盐 |
[18:40] | No problem. They’re artificial. They’re made out of soy. | 没关系 这是素肉 用大豆做的 |
[18:43] | They really look out for your health here, don’t they? | 看来这儿真是很关心你的健康啊 是吧 |
[18:48] | Everybody in this restaurant | 餐馆里的每个人 |
[18:49] | is enjoying the dinner. Can’t you guys do the same? | 都在享受晚餐 你们就不能像他们一样吗 |
[18:58] | Niles Niles? | |
[19:00] | Is Maris organising the…Arts Council benefit again this year? | Maris今年又在筹划 艺术委员会义演吗 |
[19:06] | – As a matter of fact, she is. – Where are they holding it? | – 实际上她是的 – 他们准备在哪儿举行呢 |
[19:09] | Well they haven’t picked a spot yet. | 他们还没选好地方 |
[19:11] | Perhaps I should tell them about this place. | 也许我该提议来这个餐厅 |
[19:19] | I’d like to be a fly on the wall that night. | 那天晚上我宁可做一只墙上的苍蝇 |
[19:21] | You wouldn’t be the only one. | 你不会是唯一一只 |
[19:24] | All right. That’s it. I’ve had enough of you two jackasses. | 够了 我受够你们俩的无理取闹了 |
[19:29] | I spent all night listening to you making cracks about the food, | 我整晚听到的都是你们对食物的抱怨 |
[19:31] | and to help. I’ve got news for you, | 对侍应的抱怨 我告诉你们 |
[19:33] | people like this place, I like this place. | 大家喜欢这个地方 我喜欢这个地方 |
[19:37] | And when you insult this restaurant, you insult me. | 侮辱这个地方 就是侮辱我 |
[19:40] | You know, I used to think you two took after your mother, | 我以前以为你俩遗传了你们的母亲 |
[19:43] | liking the ballet and all that. | 喜欢芭蕾之类的东西 |
[19:44] | But you mother liked a good ball game too. | 但你们的母亲也会喜欢一场好的球赛 |
[19:47] | She’d even have a hot dog once in a while. | 她有时也会吃热狗 |
[19:49] | She may had fancy taste, but she had too much class | 她的品位很高 但她的涵养 |
[19:52] | to make me or anybody else feel second-rate. | 不会让我或是其他任何人觉得低人一等 |
[19:55] | If she saw the way you two behaved tonight, | 如果让她看见你俩今晚的样子 |
[19:56] | she’d be ashamed. I know I am. | 她一定会觉得羞愧 至少我是 |
[20:00] | – Dad, wait. – No, I’m going over to Duke’s for a nightcap. | – 爸 等等 – 不 我要去公爵酒吧来杯睡前饮料 |
[20:03] | At least let us take you there. | 至少让我们送你过去吧 |
[20:04] | I’ll take a cab. I’ve had enough of you two for one night. | 我搭出租车 我今晚受够你们了 |
[20:07] | Leave the waitress a good tip. She deserves it. | 给女侍应多留点小费 她应得的 |
[20:12] | – Niles, say something. – Dad, wait. | – Niles 说点什么啊 – 爸 等下 |
[20:16] | The mud pie is coming! | 巧克力派要上了 |
[20:28] | The mud pie is coming. | 巧克力派要上了 |
[20:36] | – I feel terrible. – So do I. | – 我感觉糟透了 – 我也是 |
[20:39] | Well you know the sad thing is, he’s right about us. | 悲哀的是 他说的是对的 |
[20:41] | Have we really become such snobs? | 我们真的已经变得如此势利了吗 |
[20:43] | You don’t see anyone else driving | 你没看见别人把老爸逼得要 |
[20:44] | their father out into this street to drink, do you? | 到外面去喝酒吧 |
[20:56] | – Niles, we’ve got to apologise to Dad. – You’re right. | – Niles 我们得跟老爸道歉 – 没错 |
[21:00] | We’ll give him a couple of hours to cool down over at Duke’s. | 让他在公爵酒吧冷静一会儿 |
[21:02] | And then when he gets home, we’ll, we’ll settle this thing. | 等他到家的时候 我们再解决这件事 |
[21:04] | Absolutely. We’ve been just horrid. | 必须的 我们刚才真是糟糕 |
[21:07] | Frasier do you think we’ve actually lost | Frasier 你觉不觉得我们失去了 |
[21:10] | the ability to appreciate the simple things – | 欣赏简单东西的能力 |
[21:12] | steak, potatoes, fixings? | 牛排 土豆 配料 |
[21:17] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕如此 |
[21:19] | The thing is, this is…this is good food. | 这是不错的食物 |
[21:22] | I mean it’s not too fancy, but it’s good, wholesome American fare. | 虽不高档 但是是不错的 健康的美国食物 |
[21:27] | You know, Frasier, as a tribute to Dad, | Fraiser 作为对老爸的敬意 |
[21:29] | I think we should sit here until we have cleaned our plates. | 我们应该坐在这儿把东西吃光 |
[21:33] | Well, I’m game if you are. | 你愿意的话 我也愿意 |
[21:41] | We’re going to prove we are not snobs. | 我们要证明我们不是势利眼 |
[21:44] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[21:51] | Frasier, look who’s here. | Frasier 快看谁来了 |
[22:06] | Eat your food. | 吃光它 |