时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Hello, Doug, this is Dr Frasier Crane. I’m listening. | 你好 Doug 我是Frasier Crane博士 您请讲 |
[00:11] | ‘Yeah. It’s about my mother. | 是关于我妈的 |
[00:13] | She’s getting on now and she hasn’t much of a life. | 她年纪慢慢变老 所剩时间不多了 |
[00:16] | And… I mean she doesn’t want to do anything or go anywhere. | 她什么也不想做哪儿都不愿意去 |
[00:19] | and she literally hangs around | 她真的整天就在 |
[00:20] | the house all day. I mean it’s … it’s very frustrating.’ | 屋子里闲晃 这真的让人很沮丧 |
[00:23] | Doug, I’m sorry, can we just go back for a second? | Doug 抱歉中断一下 我们能稍微回顾一下么? |
[00:26] | You said your mother “literally” hangs around the house. | 你说你的妈妈”真的”就在屋子里闲晃 |
[00:29] | Well… I suppose it’s a pet peeve of mine | 这应该算是我的一个忌讳吧 |
[00:33] | But what you mean is to say that she figuratively hangs around the house. | 但你只是”比喻”说她在屋子里闲晃 |
[00:36] | To literally hang around the house | 要是真的在屋子里闲晃 |
[00:38] | you’d have to be a bat or a spider monkey. Now, back to your problem. | 你得是只蝙蝠或者蜘蛛猿 现在 回到你的问题 |
[00:43] | – ‘Do you mind if we stop while I tell you my pet peeve?’ – Oh, not at all. | – 我能告诉你我的忌讳吗? – 当然了 |
[00:47] | ‘I hate it when intellectuals canheads with | ‘我痛恨当你向一些智商高又 |
[00:50] | superiority complexes nitpick your grammar | 有优越感的人求助的时候 |
[00:53] | when you come to them for help. That’s what I’ve got a problem with.’ | 他们却挑你的语法错误 这就是我不爽的地方’ |
[01:00] | I think what he means is, | 我认为他是想说 |
[01:02] | “That is a thing, with which he has a problem.” | 有一件事 他觉得很不爽 |
[01:09] | Now it’s time for a station break. | 现在是电台间歇时间 |
[01:11] | And we’ll be right back after a word from my friend said “Pizza, Pizza, Pizza”. | 在”披萨 披萨 披萨”的广告后马上回来 |
[01:17] | Hey, do you wanna hear my pet peeve? | 你想听听我的忌讳吗? |
[01:19] | You’re in a department store, | 你在一家百货商店里 |
[01:21] | and the clerk is right in the middle of helping you and the phone rings. | 店员正在招待你的时候电话响了 |
[01:24] | So he starts taking care of them. | 所以他开始接待电话里的人 |
[01:27] | And you are left standing there, going, “Excuse me. | 你就被晾在那儿 心想 不好意思 |
[01:29] | But all I did was coming all the way down here in person, | 我可是本人亲自一路过来这里的 |
[01:32] | while some joker sitting at home in his underwear is getting | 一些穿着内衣的蠢蛋却坐在家里 |
[01:33] | first-rate service.” Don’t you hate that? | 享受一流的服务 你不痛恨这种事吗? |
[01:36] | Actually, I do most of my shopping by phone. | 其实 我现在通常都通过电话购物 |
[01:41] | Say, Roz, you know, this conversation with Doug | Roz 其实这次和Doug的谈话 |
[01:42] | has got me thinking about my father. | 让我想起我爸 |
[01:45] | He doesn’t do much of anything, either. | 他也是几乎啥都不干 |
[01:46] | He just sits around most of the time | 多数时间他只是坐在那里 |
[01:49] | watching TV or doing the occasional crossword puzzle. | 看看电视或者偶尔做做填字游戏 |
[01:52] | – What does your mother do? – She is the Attorney General in Wisconsin. | – 你妈做什么? – 她是威斯康星州的司法部长 |
[01:57] | – No, really? – Really. | – 不可能 真的么? – 真的 |
[02:02] | Well… I guess that helps fill her day. | 我想她的生活应该挺充实 |
[02:06] | Yeah, put mom, “Crime never stops, even in the dairy state.” | 是啊 我妈说 即便在乳制品州 罪行永不停止 |
[02:11] | I don’t think public office is for Dad, but… | 我觉得老爸不适合做公职 但是 |
[02:15] | Maybe I can find him a hobby or something. You got any suggestions? | 也许我能帮他找个业余爱好或什么的 有啥建议么? |
[02:18] | Well, in her spare time, Mom likes to water-ski a little. She hikes, oil paints… | 业余时间 老妈喜欢去滑滑水橇 去远足 画油画 |
[02:23] | Oh, she likes archaeology. She’s on a dig in Honduras right now. | 对了 她喜欢考古学 她现在正在洪都拉斯挖掘呢 |
[02:29] | Well, maybe I could get him a wood-burning set. | 也许我能给他搞个钻木取火装置 |
[02:36] | Is Dad still asleep? | 老爸还在睡觉吗? |
[02:38] | Yes, he’s napping with the dog. Eddie’s legs are going like mad. | 是啊 他在和狗狗打盹儿 Eddie的腿像抽风了似的 |
[02:42] | I think he’s dreaming of chasing rabbits. | 我想他是梦见自己在追兔子 |
[02:44] | I can’t explain your father’s twitching. | 不过我无法解释你老爸的颤搐 |
[02:49] | Just about done with this thing. | 马上就装好啦 |
[02:51] | I think your dad is gonna love it. | 我觉得你老爸一定会爱死它的 |
[02:52] | Yeah, me,too | 是啊 我也是 |
[02:53] | You know, I walked through this hobby shop. | 我路过这家兴趣商店 |
[02:54] | I saw this, and it was like eureka! | 看到这个 就像是我总算找到了 |
[02:56] | I said to mysel | 我对我自己说 |
[02:56] | I actually said, eureka! | 我真的说出口了 我总算找到了 |
[03:01] | Yes. There are a million stories | 是啊 有千千万万个故事 |
[03:04] | in the naked city. | 在这个赤裸裸的城市中上演着 |
[03:06] | Now, if we could just find a naked one. | 就让我们先找到一个赤裸的吧 |
[03:10] | Dr Crane! You naughty boy! Peeking in on other people’s privacy! | Crane医生 你个不老实的孩子 窥视别人的隐私 |
[03:16] | Oh, Daphne, really! | Daphne得了吧 |
[03:18] | I mean If people were so concerned about their precious privacy, | 如果人们真的如此重视他们宝贵的个人隐私 |
[03:20] | would they leave their blinds open | 他们会把百叶窗开到恰好的角度 |
[03:22] | at the certain angle where you can see the | 让你看见壁炉台上的那面反射出 |
[03:23] | mirror of the mantel reflects down the hall to the waterbed in the bedroom? | 从大厅到卧室里面水床的镜子吗? |
[03:29] | I think I hear your father coming. Stand in front of it. | 我想你老爸过来了 挡在它前面 |
[03:31] | We’ll make this a little surprise. | 我们要制造一个小惊喜 |
[03:34] | – Hi, guys. – Dad. – How was your nap? | – 好啊 伙计们 – 老爸 – 睡得如何? |
[03:37] | Great. But I had the strangest dream. | 不错 不过做了个很怪的梦 |
[03:39] | I dreamt this beautiful woman with bad breath was licking my face. | 我梦到一个口臭的美女舔我的脸 |
[03:47] | Hey, where’d you just come from? | 你是打哪儿冒出来的? |
[03:51] | Dad, I got a surprise for you. | 老爸 我给你准备了一个惊喜 |
[03:54] | Hey, a telescope! That’s a beaut! What’s the occasion? | 是台望远镜 真漂亮 啥大好日子啊 |
[03:58] | – What’s the occasion… I just thought you’d like it. – That’s great, thanks! | – 好日子 我只是觉得你会喜欢它 – 太好了 多谢 |
[04:02] | You know, I saw on the news, there’s a bunch of falcons nesting in the east | 我在新闻上看到 有一群猎鹰在哥伦比亚中心 |
[04:06] | of the Columbia Tower. | 东边筑巢 |
[04:07] | Maybe I can watch them from here. | 也许我可以从这儿看到它们 |
[04:09] | Dad, forget the falcons. | 老爸 别管什么猎鹰了 |
[04:10] | You can see everything is going on in that department building over there. | 你可以看见那边公寓里发生的所有事情 |
[04:14] | – Hey, I’d lock people up for that kind of behavior. – Oh, come on. | – 这种行为要坐牢的 – 行了 |
[04:17] | It’s perfectly innocent. Just think of | 完全无伤大雅 就当作 |
[04:18] | as having like 100 more channels to watch. | 多了一百个电视频道可以看 |
[04:22] | Just look at them, people going about their lives. | 快看看 人们过着他们的小日子 |
[04:26] | There’s an old couple watching the telly. | 一对老夫妇在看电视 |
[04:28] | Ah, just the next door, an attractive young woman is working at a computer, | 隔壁那一家 一个年轻的漂亮女士在电脑前工作 |
[04:33] | while below her a burly man | 她下一层一个健壮的男人 |
[04:34] | is using a beach towel to sop up a large pool of blood. | 正在用沙滩浴巾擦一大滩血迹 |
[04:38] | – Oh, my god! – What? | – 老天爷 – 什么? |
[04:40] | Oh, Daddy! | 疼啊 老爸 |
[04:44] | Nah, that’s tomato juice, you can see the can on the counter. | 那是番茄汁 你能在柜台上看见罐头盒 |
[04:48] | You are right about the woman on the computer though. | 不过关于那个在电脑前工作的女人你说的很对 |
[04:50] | – She is a looker! – You see, there’s a voyeur in all of us. | – 她真是个可人儿 – 你看吧 其实咱仨都有窥探欲 |
[04:54] | Let’s see what else the Seattle skyline has to offer. | 让我们看看从西雅图天际线上还有些什么 |
[04:58] | I say we make a strict rule though. | 不过我们要制定一条严格的规定 |
[05:00] | If anybody starts doing anything nasty, we move on. | 如果任何人做任何下流的事 就不许再看了 |
[05:03] | Agreed? | 同意不? |
[05:07] | I said “Agreed”? | 我问 同意不 |
[05:09] | – Yeah. – Yeah, yeah. | – 同意 – 同意 |
[05:11] | Wow! There’s a lady over there with a telescope. She’s looking back at us! | 那边有个拿着望远镜的女士 她也在看我们 |
[05:16] | – Wha… What shall we do? – Hide! | – 我 我们该怎么办 – 躲起来 |
[05:20] | I knew it, I knew it. Every time I do something bad, I get caught! | 我就知道 我就知道 每次一干坏事儿 我准被抓 |
[05:25] | Hi! How you doing? | 嗨 你好吗 |
[05:30] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[05:31] | – She’s waving at us, I’m waving back. – Don’t do that. | – 她在冲我们招手呐 我在回应 – 别这么干 |
[05:33] | Why not? Hey, wait, she’s writing something down! | 为什么 等等 她在写什么东西 |
[05:37] | She’s holding it up. | 她把它举起来了 |
[05:38] | It says, “Hello, there, stranger.” | 上面说 你好啊 陌生人 |
[05:41] | – Hey, Daphne, quickly, get me that pad and pen! – Wai… wait. What for? | – Daphne 快快 找个纸板和钢笔 – 等等 要干嘛 |
[05:45] | I’m gonna answer her. Yeah, write down, “My name is Martin.” | 我要回复她 对 写下 我的名字是Martin |
[05:48] | Dad, you shouldn’t encourage her. | 老爸 你不应该这样促使她 |
[05:50] | I don’t… I don’t really want people looking in on our lives. | 我 我可不想让别人窥探我们的生活 |
[05:53] | I… I don’t think I made my bed today. | 我 我今儿甚至连床都没收拾呢 |
[05:56] | Is she writing anything else? | 她有写些别的吗 |
[05:58] | – Yeah… “My name is Irene.” – Her name’s Irene. | – 有 我的名字是Irene – 她的名字是Irene |
[06:02] | – Her name is Irene. – Thank you. | – 她的名字是Irene – 多谢你了 |
[06:05] | Wait, she’s writing something else! | 等等 她又写了些别的 |
[06:07] | “Is that Dr Crane from the radio hiding there behind you?” | 藏在你身后的是广播里的Crane医生吗 |
[06:12] | It does not say that! | 不可能是那么写的 |
[06:15] | Oh, it does say that! | 噢 确实是那么写的 |
[06:21] | Hello! | 你好啊 |
[06:24] | – Her oldest son is an accountant in Portland. | 她的大儿子是在波特兰的一名会计师 |
[06:27] | He was the breech birth, right? | 他是臀位分娩的 对吧 |
[06:29] | – No, that’s the dentist in Boise. – Oh, right. | – 不 那是在博伊西的牙医 – 是的 |
[06:33] | He’s the one with the wife that won’t let him visit. I can’t stand her. | 他老婆不让他回老家 真受不了她 |
[06:37] | Morning, Dad, Daphne. Morning, Irene. | 早上好 老爸 Daphne 早啊 Irene |
[06:42] | Frasier, when you were a kid, | Frasier 在你还是个孩子的时候 |
[06:44] | what was that skin condition you had on your butt? | 你屁股上的那个皮肤病症是什么来着 |
[06:48] | Pityriasis rosea. | 玫瑰糠疹 |
[06:50] | – How do you spell that? – Why? | – 应该怎么拼写 – 干嘛? |
[06:52] | Irene and l are exchanging family histories. | Irene和我正在互相了解家族病史 |
[06:55] | Yeah, I really don’t think your girlfriend needs to know about that. | 好吧 我真的觉得你的女朋友没有必要知道那个 |
[06:58] | She’s not my girlfriend! | 她不是我的女朋友 |
[07:00] | Oh, come on! | 得了吧 |
[07:01] | You two have been exchanging notes now for the last three days. | 你俩已经便条传情三天了 |
[07:03] | If you were in the sixth grade, | 要是在六年级 |
[07:04] | you’d be sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. | 你们就坐在树上 亲亲小嘴了 |
[07:10] | – Here, Dad. Let me borrow that pad. – What are you doing? | – 来 老爸 借用一下你的那个纸板 – 你要干嘛 |
[07:12] | Well, I’m going to help along your little romance | 我要帮助促进发展一下你的小小恋情 |
[07:15] | and possibly save a small forest. | 还有可能拯救一小片树林 |
[07:19] | I’m giving her our telephone number. | 我要给她我们的电话号码 |
[07:21] | No, no, no, no… don’t do that! | 不 不 不 不 不要那样做 |
[07:23] | – Why? – She’ll think I’m being too forward. | – 为什么 – 她会觉得我过于主动 |
[07:26] | For god sake, Dad, you met peeping into her apartment. | 我必须得说 老爸 你俩是通过窥视人家公寓认识的 |
[07:30] | She’s not gonna call. | 她不会打来的 |
[07:31] | – Want to bet? – Yeah, five bucks. | – 打赌么 – 好啊 五块钱 |
[07:32] | OK. | 好啊 |
[07:36] | – Aren’t you going to answer it? – You get it. | – 你不打算接吗 – 你去接 |
[07:39] | Dad, it’s for you. | 老爸 是找你的 |
[07:46] | Hello? No, no, this is Frasier, hi. I’m fine. | 喂 不 不 我是Frasier 你好 我挺好的 |
[07:51] | Well, it, uh… | 那个 |
[07:53] | gets a little flaky when the weather is dry. | 天气干燥时会有点小皮屑 |
[08:00] | – Tell her I’m not home! – Dad, she knows you’re home. | – 告诉她我不在家 – 老爸 她知道你在 |
[08:02] | She is looking at you through the telescope. | 她正在用望远镜看着你呐 |
[08:05] | – Come on, you’re just a little nervous. – Hello? | – 行啦 你只是有些紧张罢了 – 喂 |
[08:11] | Hi… | 你好 |
[08:13] | Yeah, it’s nice hearing yours. | 是啊 很高兴接到你电话 |
[08:19] | Can you hold on a minute? | 你能稍等一下吗 |
[08:21] | Would you two get out of here? | 你俩能走开么 |
[08:27] | I’m getting a very good feeling about this. | 对此我有非常好的预感 |
[08:29] | Really? You really think he’s interested in? | 真的? 你真的觉得他有兴趣了 |
[08:32] | Yes, I think so. | 是啊 我这样觉得 |
[08:35] | Do you want to hear something cute, Dr.Crane? | Crane医生 想听一件非常可爱的事吗 |
[08:38] | I made him this rich coffee cake this morning. | 今天早上我给他做了这个浓郁的早餐蛋糕 |
[08:41] | Because you know what a sweet tooth he has. | 你也知道他有多爱甜食 |
[08:43] | And he wouldn’t even take one bite, | 他却连一口都不吃 |
[08:45] | because as he put it, “Women don’t like a spare tyre on a man.” | 因为如他所说 女人们不喜欢有游泳圈的男人 |
[08:49] | Hahaha… that’s so cute. | 哈哈哈 真可爱 |
[08:53] | Oh, it’s funny. All the twists and turns of fate. | 真是有意思啊 这些命运当中的反复无常 |
[08:56] | If I had tried to set Dad up with a woman, | 如果我试图撮合老爸和另一个女人 |
[08:58] | he would’ve rejected the idea out of his hand. | 他准会将这个想法抛到九霄云外 |
[09:01] | But I go out, get him a telescope for a hobby | 但我只是给他买了一个望远镜当作爱好 |
[09:03] | and it kindles this romance. | 却点燃起了这爱情的火焰 |
[09:05] | It’s kismet. | 天意啊 |
[09:17] | – Well? – What? | – 怎样 – 什么? |
[09:19] | – What happened? – We talked on the phone. | – 进展如何 – 我们通了电话 |
[09:21] | And? Was she nice? Was she interesting? What did she say? | 结果呢 她亲切不 有趣不 她都说啥了 |
[09:26] | – She said a lot of stuff. – So, you two will be seeing each other? | – 她说了很多东西 – 所以你俩会见面吗 |
[09:31] | – Nah, she wanted to, but I said no. – No? Why? | – 不 她想见 但我拒绝了 – 拒绝了 为什么 |
[09:34] | She’s not my type. | 她不是我的菜 |
[09:37] | Oh, coffee cake! | 噢 咖啡蛋糕 |
[09:39] | Hey, we got any butter around here? | 咱家还有黄油吗 |
[09:47] | You know Bruce Jekiel, | 你知道我的红酒俱乐部主席 |
[09:48] | the pompous twit who’s president of my wine club? | 那个叫Bruce Jekiel的高傲蠢蛋 |
[09:51] | Well, at our meeting the other night, I convinced some of | 在前两天夜里的聚会上 我让一些 |
[09:54] | my fellow psychiatrists to play a little prank on him. | 精神病医生同事耍了耍他 |
[09:56] | When he thought he was tasting a Chteau Petrus, | 他以为他在品一瓶Chateau Petrus的酒 |
[09:59] | he was in fact sipping a Fourcas-Dupre. | 实际上那是一瓶Fourcas-Dupre的酒 |
[10:03] | You see, we’d switched the labels. | 你知道 其实我们把标签给换了 |
[10:07] | What scamps you are. | 你们这帮捣蛋鬼 |
[10:11] | There he was, proclaiming the Petrus to be the superior wine, | 他在那里宣称那瓶Petrus是顶级红酒 |
[10:14] | of course, none of us could contain our laughter. | 当然了 我们都没能克制住自己的笑声 |
[10:16] | His face must have turned redder | 他的脸一定变得比 |
[10:18] | than a Pichon-Longueville. | Pichon-Longueville的葡萄酒还要红 |
[10:22] | Well, of course, as so often happens, roughhouse turns to tears. | 当然了 因为发生太多次了 结果大家大打出手 |
[10:31] | At the end of the evening, Bruce tendered his resignation. | 当天晚上 Bruce正式提出了他的辞呈 |
[10:34] | That must have put a dambo on the evening. | 那一定把那个夜晚给毁了 |
[10:37] | Not really, I’m the new president. | 也不尽然 我是新一任的主席了 |
[10:40] | Kudos, indeed. | 真是无上光荣啊 |
[10:43] | Oh! Are Dad and his lady friend still playing that telescope footsie? | 对了 老爸还在和他那位女士朋友望远镜调情吗 |
[10:47] | – What was her name? – Irene. No, they’ve broken it off. | – 她叫什么来着 – Irene 不 他们已经断了 |
[10:52] | Already? I thought it was going so well. | 这么快 我还以为一切都进行得挺顺利呢 |
[10:55] | It was, then they spoke | 开始是 后来他们通过 |
[10:56] | once and then Dad said she wasn’t his type. | 一次话 老爸说她不是他的菜 |
[10:59] | So it’s over, it’s done. | 所以结束了 一切已成定局 |
[11:01] | He’s completely cut her out of his life. | 他彻底将她排在生活之外了 |
[11:03] | I just don’t understand why, what made him do that. | 我就是搞不明白他为什么要这样做 |
[11:05] | Who knows why anybody does anything? | 谁知道任何人做任何事的原因呢 |
[11:08] | Remind me again what you do for a living. | 提醒我一下你是做什么为生的来着 |
[11:12] | You see, the thing is it was just one phone call. | 你看 问题是那只是一通电话而已 |
[11:14] | I mean… how can anyone make a sound judgment | 谁能只基于一通电话 |
[11:16] | about another person on a basis of one phone call? | 就能对另一个人给出合理的评价呢 |
[11:19] | Remind me again what it is you do for a living. | 提醒我一下你是做什么为生的来着 |
[11:25] | I suppose it could be any | 我想可能是任何一种 |
[11:26] | number of reasons – fear of rejection, shyness… | 原因 害怕被拒 害羞 |
[11:29] | Or maybe dad was telling the truth, | 或者老爸说的是事实 |
[11:31] | she just wasn’t his type. | 她真的不是他喜欢的类型 |
[11:32] | If only we knew someone who was. | 要是我们知道谁是就好了 |
[11:34] | I know! Maris’s lovely Aunt | 我知道了 Maris那个可爱的姨妈 |
[11:37] | Patrice is in town visiting from Washington DC. | Patrice从华盛顿特区过来参观 |
[11:40] | Maybe we should set dad up with her? | 也许我们应该撮合一下她和老爸 |
[11:42] | I’ve met Aunt Patrice. The woman is a loon. | 我见过Patrice姨妈 那女人就是个疯子 |
[11:46] | Frasier, do this for me. | Frasier 就当是为了我 |
[11:48] | Everytime Aunt Patrice comes to visit, | 每次Patrice姨妈来参观 |
[11:49] | Maris makes all these plans and she dives | Maris都会有很多计划 她裹着羽绒被带着 |
[11:51] | under the duvet with a two-week migraine, | 持续了两周的偏头痛去潜水 |
[11:53] | and I’m left holding the bag, literally and figuratively. | 而我要一直拿着她的包 千真万确 |
[11:57] | No, I don’t think so, Niles. I know Dad. Don’t meddle. | 这行不通 Niles 我了解老爸 别瞎插手了 |
[12:02] | Alright, at least you could do is say hello to Aunt Patrice. | 好吧 至少你得向Patrice姨妈打声招呼 |
[12:06] | I’m not driving out to your house. | 我可不要开车去你家 |
[12:07] | You don’t have to. She’s sitting out on that car. | 你不需要 她就坐在我的车里 |
[12:11] | – You left her in the car? – I cracked open a window. | – 你把她留在车里 – 我把车窗开了个缝儿 |
[12:13] | Oh, then she’s fine. | 那可以 |
[12:19] | No, no, no… calm down, son. No, listen to Daddy. | 不 不 不 冷静 儿子 不 听爸爸说 |
[12:22] | It’s just a bad dream, I promise you. | 那只是个噩梦 我向你保证 |
[12:26] | Senator Thurmond is not in your closet. | 参议员Thurmond不在你的衣柜里 |
[12:31] | That’s a good boy. Ok, yes. | 乖孩子 好的 |
[12:34] | You go back to bed now… yeah, I love you, too. | 你回去睡觉吧 是啊 我也爱你 |
[12:37] | Listen, I’ll see you next weekend. OK, bye-bye. | 听着 我们下周末见 好的 拜拜 |
[12:42] | – How’s Freddy? – Oh, Freddy is fine. | – Freddy最近怎样 – Freddy挺好的 |
[12:45] | Oh, he sended his love, and he said thank you for the toy gun you gave him. | 他说爱你 还有感谢你送他玩具枪 |
[12:49] | Or what he can remember of it | 或者说是Lilith用槌球棒 |
[12:50] | before Lilith smashed it with a croquet mallet. | 打碎之前在他记忆当中的残骸 |
[12:53] | Oh, it’s such a beautiful night. The city is lit up like a jewel. | 多么美丽的夜晚 整个城市像颗珠宝一样闪闪发亮 |
[12:59] | Oh, look, there’s Irene! | 快看 Irene在那儿 |
[13:01] | She’s sitting in her window wearing a stunning green dress. | 她穿着一件好漂亮的绿色连衣裙坐在窗边 |
[13:05] | But her face… It’s so sad! | 但是她的表情 却是如此的悲伤 |
[13:11] | Oh… Oh, she’s holding a note. | 她拿起了一个便条 |
[13:15] | It says, “Martin, was it something I wrote?” | 上面写着 Martin 是因为我写了什么吗 |
[13:21] | Will you cut it out. Irene is not sitting in her window! | 你俩行了吧 Irene根本就没坐在窗边 |
[13:24] | All right, dad. No, she isn’t. | 好吧 老爸 她是没有 |
[13:25] | But she might as well be, for God’s sake, | 看在老天的份上 没这么做 |
[13:27] | that gotta be what she’s thinking! | 人家现在也是这么想的 |
[13:28] | You tried meet a woman the moment and | 你有没有曾经在你见过一个女人之后 |
[13:29] | decided she’s not the one? | 就知道她不是你的另一半 |
[13:30] | Yes. Five years after I married her. | 有的 在我娶了她五年之后 |
[13:34] | Hello, there. Frasier. | 你好啊 Frasier |
[13:36] | Niles! I was specifically not expecting you. | Niles 我可是特别地没有期待你的到来啊 |
[13:41] | Frasier, you remember Aunt Patrice? | Frasier 你还记得Patrice姨妈吗 |
[13:43] | Well, of course, of course. Aunt Patrice. | 当然 当然了 Patrice姨妈 |
[13:44] | Yes, um… I don’t recall really when we met, | 我回忆不起来我们什么时候见的 |
[13:47] | but I remember there was a lot of laughing and dancing. | 但我的确记得当时有大量的欢笑与舞步 |
[13:50] | – My husband’s funeral. – Yes, yes! Of course! | – 我丈夫的葬礼 – 是啊 是啊 当然 |
[13:54] | Well, of course, the laughter was, you know, to hide our tears. | 当然了 那些笑容 只是为了掩盖我们的泪水 |
[13:57] | – Let me take your wrap. -Thank you. | – 我来帮你拿外套 – 谢谢 |
[13:59] | We were taking a drive and I thought, | 我们正在兜风然后我想到 |
[14:01] | “We’re just a couple of short ferry rides from Frasier’s.” So… | 我们离Frasier家只是短短几个渡轮的距离 所以 |
[14:07] | we decided to pop over. | 我们决定来小坐一下 |
[14:08] | Niles, is this the charming gentleman you were telling me about? | Niles 这位就是你一直念叨的那位迷人的绅士吧 |
[14:13] | Oh, Aunt Patrice, you bloodhound, | Patrice姨妈 你简直就是只侦探犬 |
[14:14] | you’ve treed another one. | 又捕获了一个猎物 |
[14:17] | Yeah, this is my dad. | 是啊 这位是我老爸 |
[14:19] | How do you do, Patrice. I’m Martin Crane. | 你好 Patrice 我是Martin Crane |
[14:21] | – How do you do. – This is Daphne Moon. | – 你好 – 这位是Daphne Moon |
[14:22] | -Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you. – Please. – Thank you. | – 很高兴认识你 – 我也是 – 请坐 – 谢谢 |
[14:26] | – So what brings you to Seattle? – I came to see Maris, | – 什么风把你吹来西雅图了 – 我来看Maris的 |
[14:28] | but the poor thing’s taken to her bed again. | 但是这小可怜儿又生病卧床了 |
[14:30] | Till this day, I have no idea how tall she is. | 直到今天 我都不知道她有多高 |
[14:35] | So I had Patrice all to myself and we had a great time, haven’t we? | 我一直陪着姨妈 我们在一起很愉快 是不是 |
[14:39] | If you call sitting in your | 如果你称坐在你的 |
[14:41] | waiting room for four hours reading old magazines a great time, | 候诊室里四个小时阅读过时的杂志为愉快的话 |
[14:44] | well, then, yes, we had a laugh riot. | 那么 是的 我们撒了一大欢儿 |
[14:48] | Now I know where Maris gets her sense of humour. | 现在我知道Maris的幽默感是打哪来的了 |
[14:53] | Why don’t I pop in the kitchen and get us all some refreshments. | 我去趟厨房给咱们拿几份点心 |
[14:56] | A capital idea. And why don’t Frasier and I join you and give these kids | 好主意 Frasier和我一起去吧 给这俩孩子点时间 |
[15:00] | time to get to know one another. | 了解下彼此 |
[15:03] | Niles, I just think I told you not to bring her here. | Niles 我记得告诉过你不要把她带来 |
[15:05] | I ran out of ways to entertain her. | 我已经用尽方法去款待她了 |
[15:07] | We went to the arboretum, a fashion show, a met-nay of casual fall, | 我们去了植物园 看了场时装秀 来了点秋季新装 |
[15:10] | we even spat off the top | 我们甚至在太空针塔 |
[15:11] | of the Space Needle. I’m sorry, I cracked. | 顶上往下吐口水 很抱歉 我彻底崩了 |
[15:17] | Niles, that woman is certainly not Dad’s type. | Niles 那女人铁定不是老爸的菜 |
[15:20] | You never know when love can | 你永远不知道何时在表面上 |
[15:21] | bloom between two people who | 看似如此不同的两个人之间 |
[15:22] | seem so different on the surface. Do you, Daphne? | 会绽放出美丽的爱情花朵 是吧 Daphne |
[15:25] | To tell the truth, I never thought opposites attract. | 说实话 我从来不觉得男性具有吸引力 |
[15:28] | Neither do I. We’re alike in so many ways. | 我也是 看来我们在很多方面都有相似之处 |
[15:30] | Oh, come on. We can’t leave Dad out there alone with her. | 得了吧 我们不能留老爸独自和她在那边 |
[15:34] | I’m sure they’re doing fine. | 我肯定他们相处得不错 |
[15:35] | D’go y’gou sp’geak g’g-speak’g? | 你’地’说’地”地语’吗 |
[15:39] | – Oh, Lord. I was afraid of this. – What? | – 上帝啊 怕什么来什么 – 说啥 |
[15:42] | D’go y’gou sp’geak g’g-speak’g? | 你’地’说’地”地语’吗 |
[15:45] | Niles, I think she’s having a stroke or something. | Niles 我觉得她是中风了 |
[15:50] | No, no, Dad, it’s just g-speak. | 不 不是 老爸 那是”地语” |
[15:53] | Come again? | 说啥呢 |
[15:53] | Something Maris and Aunt Patrice love to trot out at parties. | Maris和Patrice姨妈总喜欢在聚会上以此炫耀 |
[15:56] | Yeah, you see, you just put a “G” in every syllable. | 是啊 你只需要在每个字后面加个”地” |
[15:59] | So, you would be M’gar’g’tin g’Crane. | 所以 你的名字就会是”马地丁地科地瑞” |
[16:02] | Just say it with me. Come on: M’gar’g’tin… | 跟着我一起说 来”马地丁地” |
[16:08] | I don’t think Dad’s interested. | 我觉得老爸不感兴趣 |
[16:09] | Oh, b’ge a good sp’gort, N’giles. | 哦 做’地’个有’地’个风’地’度的人 奈尔’地’斯 |
[16:12] | What did she say? | 她说啥呢? |
[16:12] | She said “Be a sport, Niles.” | 她说”做个有风度的人 奈尔斯” |
[16:15] | B’ge a’g sp’gort, ta-dah! | 做’地’个有’地’个风’地’度的人 看吧 |
[16:18] | Dad, you still have your billy club? | 老爸 你的警棍还在么 |
[16:20] | It’s in my top drawer. | 在我最上面的抽屉里 |
[16:22] | Isn’t it hoot? It’s all the rage in Washington. | 是不是很有意思 这在华盛顿流行的很 |
[16:25] | Well, of course you know who speaks it all the time? | 知道谁一直这么说话么 |
[16:27] | G’george Ste’g’pha’g’no’g’poul’g’os. | 乔’地’治.斯蒂’地’芬’地’诺’地’伯罗’地’斯 |
[16:33] | I found some pizza rolls in the back of the freezer, but the | 在冰箱后面我找到一些比萨卷 |
[16:36] | expiration date was yesterday. Are we game? | 但是保质期就到昨天 要试一下么 |
[16:39] | That won’t be necessary, Daphne. | 没有那个必要 Daphne |
[16:41] | We don’t want to spoil our appetites | 我们可不想破坏了食欲 |
[16:42] | for that dinner about to leave for in 20 minutes. | 还有差不多二十分钟就要出去吃晚餐了 |
[16:45] | Yeah, that’s right, that dinner in 20 minutes! | 对啊 二十分钟后要出去吃晚餐了 |
[16:48] | Oh, Niles, I told you we shouldn’t have just stopped by. | Niles 我告诉你了我们不应该这样贸然到访的 |
[16:51] | – These people have plans. – How I envy them. | – 人家有自己的安排 – 真是嫉妒啊 |
[16:55] | It was such a pleasure meeting you, Martin. | 真高兴认识了你啊 Martin |
[16:58] | – Likewise. – Oh, no. You can do better than that! | – 彼此彼此 – 不行 你可不能光握手啊 |
[17:07] | – Oh, I look forward to my next trip to Seattle! – Great! | – 我好期待下一趟来西雅图的旅行 – 太好了 |
[17:11] | If you’re ever in Washington area. I’m in the b’gook. Byebye! | 要是你在华盛顿地区 给我来个’地’电话 拜拜 |
[17:18] | What the hell was that? | 这都是在搞啥 |
[17:22] | – I feel sorry for the poor thing. – I feel sorry for Niles. | – 我为那小可怜感到遗憾 – 我为Niles感到遗憾 |
[17:25] | That’s what I’m talking about. | 说得就是 |
[17:31] | – You know I saw what you just did. – What did I do? | – 我看到你做的事了 – 我做什么了 |
[17:34] | When Patrica went to hug you, you moved away. | Patrica来抱你的时候 你闪开了 |
[17:37] | – Wouldn’t you? – No, dad, no. You moved away from the window. | – 要你你不闪 – 不 老爸 不是 你从窗子前闪开了 |
[17:41] | You didn’t want Irene to see you with another woman. | 你不希望Irene看到你和别的女人在一块儿 |
[17:43] | You still care about her. | 你还在意她 |
[17:45] | Go chase yourself. | 跟自个儿玩去吧 |
[17:46] | Dad, you do. There’s something stopping | 老爸 你还在意 有什么阻碍着 |
[17:50] | you from having a relationship with this woman. Now, what is this? | 你和这个女人建立关系 到底是什么 |
[17:52] | You won’t let go of this thing! | 你就是死抓着不放对吧 |
[17:54] | – No, I’m not. – All right. | – 不放 就不放 – 好吧 |
[17:58] | – Irene’s middle name is Rose. – So? | – Irene的中间名是Rose – 所以呢 |
[18:01] | Rose is a nice name. Rose was Mother’s middle name. | Rose这名字不错 Rose也是母亲的中间名 |
[18:06] | – Oh… – Yeah… – Oh, Dad. | – 噢 – 是的 – 噢 老爸 |
[18:14] | Look, you can’t feel guilty about that. | 听着 你不能因此感到愧疚 |
[18:16] | You know… Gees Mom’s been gone for six years now. | 你要知道 老妈已经去世六年了 |
[18:20] | Your feelings for Irene are totally | 你对Irene的感觉是完全 |
[18:22] | separate from feelings for Mom. You know, if she were here, | 不同于对老妈的 要知道 老妈若是还在 |
[18:24] | She could tell you she’d want you to get on with your life. | 她会希望你继续你的生活 |
[18:27] | OK. When I’m ready. | 好吧 等我准备好的时候 |
[18:32] | Thanks Frasier. You know, I guess I | Frasier 谢谢 你知道 我想我不常说 |
[18:34] | don’t say it often enough but you’re a good kid. | 但你确实是个好孩子 |
[18:38] | Oh, thanks, Dad. You know, there’s something I don’t say often enough… | 谢谢 老爸 也有些话我说得不够多 |
[18:41] | There’s nothing you don’t say often enough. | 你没有什么说得不够多的 |
[18:45] | Right, Dad. | 对的 老爸 |
[18:51] | I couldn’t help but overhear. That was a very nice thing to say. | 我不是故意偷听 但那样说真的很温馨 |
[18:55] | Yeah, he’s a good kid. | 是啊 他是个好孩子 |
[18:57] | The only strange part is | 唯一奇怪的部分是 |
[18:59] | I could have sworn Irene’s middle name was Marie. | 我可以发誓Irene的中间名是Marie |
[19:02] | – No, it isn’t. – I can go check. | – 不 不是的 – 我可以去查 |
[19:05] | I still have all our notes in the trash. | 垃圾箱里还有我们的便条 |
[19:07] | All right, all right. I had to tell him something. | 好吧 好吧 我总得给他个理由 |
[19:10] | I… I don’t know why. | 我 我不知道为什么 |
[19:12] | But he just won’t believe me when I tell him that Irene isn’t just my type. | 但他就是不相信Irene就不是我喜欢的类型 |
[19:16] | – You sure she isn’t? – You gonna get on my back, too? | – 你确定她不是 – 你也要开始来烦我了吗 |
[19:20] | No, but I was just wondering | 不 我只是怀疑 |
[19:22] | if the reason why things didn’t | 你和Irene的事没能成 |
[19:23] | work out between you and Irene was… well… | 的原因会不会是 |
[19:27] | – What? – Well, maybe… | – 什么 – 也许 |
[19:31] | if you weren’t just a little self-conscious about your hip? | 你是不是对于自己的髋部觉得有些些不自信 |
[19:35] | That’s ridiculous. | 无稽之谈 |
[19:37] | Well, I’m glad to hear that. Because you really | 很高兴听到你这么说 因为你真的 |
[19:39] | don’t have anything to be self-conscious about, you know. | 没有什么可以去不自信的 |
[19:41] | You know, with that silvery mane, | 有着那银白色的浓密头发 |
[19:43] | twinkling blue eyes and whisky voice, | 闪闪发亮的蓝色双眸以及威士忌般浑厚的嗓音 |
[19:45] | you’re quite a package. | 你还真是个不错的男人 |
[19:49] | – Yeah, I’m quite a catch. – You are. | – 是啊 我的确是个好对象 – 你当然是 |
[19:52] | And you know as well as I do, that history is full of sexy limpers. | 你和我都清楚 历史上充斥着性感的跛脚 |
[19:57] | For instance, Franklin Delano Roosevelt. | 举例来说 Franklin Delano Roosevelt |
[20:01] | Of course, he didn’t limp so much as roll. | 当然了 他没有跛到左右摇摆 |
[20:04] | Oh, I know, Toulouse-Lautrec. | 哦 我知道了 Toulouse-Lautrec |
[20:07] | Although he was a rather little person. | 虽然他算是个颇为矮小的人 |
[20:09] | Still, he did do rather well with the ladies. | 不过 他对于女人也是相当有一套 |
[20:11] | Of course, they were all prostitutes. | 当然了 她们都是妓女 |
[20:15] | Well then, but he was French – there’s no explaining in their taste. | 但他是法国人 他们的口味无从解释 |
[20:19] | What’s your point? | 你到底想说啥 |
[20:21] | I guess I don’t have one. It’s just me rolling on the way I do. | 什么也没有 就是我习惯地喃喃自语 |
[20:25] | Well there is one last little thing, | 不过确实有件小事情 |
[20:28] | I did notice that every time you went to the | 我注意到每次你去用 |
[20:29] | telescope to see Irene, you hid your cane. | 望远镜看Irene的时候 你都把你的拐杖藏起来 |
[20:36] | I just put it off to the | 我只是把它放在一边 |
[20:37] | side so I wouldn’t trip over the damn thing. | 好不被这该死的东西绊倒而已 |
[20:41] | I knew there was a good reason. | 我就知道一定有一个绝佳的理由 |
[20:43] | It must feel awful silly when that cane trips you up. | 被拐杖绊倒一定感觉愚蠢极了 |
[20:52] | – Dad, dad, hurry up! She is gonna be here any minute. – All right, all right. | – 老爸 老爸 快点儿 她马上就到了 – 好了 好了 |
[20:57] | Daphne, see if I got this tie on right? | Daphne 看看我这领带系好没有 |
[21:00] | It just needs a minor adjustment. What’s all this hair on it? | 只需要一点点调整就好 上面这些毛发是怎么回事 |
[21:04] | The only way I can get the knot right, | 我能把领带结打对的唯一方法 |
[21:06] | is if I tie it on Eddie first. | 是先打在Eddie身上 |
[21:12] | It’s been a long time since I’ve been dating. | 我已经好久没有约会了 |
[21:14] | Has that thing changed much in the last 40 years? | 在过去的四十年中有很大改变吗 |
[21:17] | Well, the wardrobe is a little different, but um… | 穿衣打扮有些不同了 但是 |
[21:20] | your ultimate goal is still the same. | 你的终极目标还是一样的 |
[21:25] | Dad, I’m glad you changed your mind about this. | 老爸 我很高兴你改变了想法 |
[21:28] | Yeah, me too. Thanks for our little talk. | 是啊 我也是 感谢我们的小谈话 |
[21:30] | Yeah, my pleasure. | 乐意至极 |
[21:32] | Now let’s see here, you got a hankie in here. Terrific. | 让我们看看 在这里放了一条手帕 非常好 |
[21:36] | – And you got your keys? – Yep. | – 带钥匙了 – 是的 |
[21:37] | – Don’t be out too late, are you? – Frasier! | – 别玩到太晚了 好吗 – Frasier |
[21:40] | Dad, I’m just busting your chops here. | 老爸 我逗你玩儿呢 |
[21:44] | Oh, my God! | 老天啊 |
[21:46] | Will you two relax? A word to the wise though… | 你俩能放松点儿么 不过还是要听智者一言 |
[21:50] | If she asks you up to her place after dinner, close the drapes. | 如果晚餐后她邀请你去她家 记得关上帘子 |
[22:03] | Hi, Irene. | 你好 Irene |
[22:06] | Nice to finally meet you. | 真高兴终于见到你了 |