时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Just remember, Angela, | 你要记住 Angela |
[00:08] | cosmetic surgery is only a superficial solution. | 整形手术只能解决表面的问题 |
[00:12] | It can lift your eyelids, but it can’t | 它能拉高你的眼皮 |
[00:14] | lift that little cloud of pessimism that hovers over you. | 但拉不走萦绕在你头顶的自卑阴云 |
[00:19] | Thank you for your call. | 感谢您的来电 |
[00:21] | OK, Roz, so who’s our next caller? | 好了 Roz 下位来电听众是谁 |
[00:24] | Roz Roz? | |
[00:26] | Perhaps this would be a good time to go to commercial break. | 是时候插播一段广告了 |
[00:29] | We’ll be right back after these messages. | 广告之后 马上回来 |
[00:47] | – Frasier? – Hello. | – Frasier – 你好啊 |
[00:49] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[00:50] | Little Disturbing looking in the booth seeing no one there, isn’t it? | 抬头看到直播间里没人挺郁闷的 对吧 |
[00:53] | I’m sorry, but I was up in the newsroom trying to find out if they’ve | 对不起 但我刚才是在新闻室 想看看 |
[00:55] | announced the nominations for the SeaBs yet. | 他们宣布SeaB奖的提名名单了没有 |
[00:58] | Oh, I forgot, are those coming out today? | 我都忘了 是今天宣布吗 |
[01:00] | You forgot? They are only the biggest award in Seattle radio! | 你忘了 这可是西雅图电台界最大的奖项 |
[01:03] | Well, I suppose it’s the difference in our ages. | 年纪不同 想法不一样 |
[01:06] | But I don’t find myself getting excited about… | 我对很多事情都不再有兴趣 |
[01:08] | well, much of anything anymore. | 好吧 基本上是所有事情 |
[01:10] | Congratulations, guys. | 恭喜啊 同志们 |
[01:12] | Yes! Yes! We got the nomination! | 太好了 太好了 我们被提名了 |
[01:14] | Who’d you hear it from? | 你是听谁说的 |
[01:16] | Oh, I haven’t heard anything. | 我没听说任何东西 |
[01:17] | I just congratulating you on doing a great show. | 只是想恭喜下你们做了这么出色的一台节目 |
[01:20] | If anyone deserves a nomination, you guys do. | 要说谁最应该被提名 那肯定是你们俩 |
[01:27] | – Get out, Noel. – OK, catch you later. | – 出去 Noel – 好吧 等会儿见 |
[01:33] | Well, I guess I’m a little more excited than I let on! | 好吧 我是有点装淡定啦 |
[01:39] | Well, it’d be a big feather in my cap to win this, | 这真是锦上添花 |
[01:41] | first year in radio and all that? | 第一年就得到这样的赞誉 |
[01:42] | Are you kidding?! I’ve been in this business for ten years, | 你开什么玩笑 我做这一行都十年了 |
[01:45] | I’ve never produced a show that got nominated for anything. | 还没有制作过哪个节目被提名过任何东西呢 |
[01:48] | Hello… oh, hi, Millie… you’re kidding! | 喂 喔 Millie 别逗我 |
[01:52] | You’re kidding! Oh, you’re kidding! That’s great! Thanks, bye. | 别逗我 别逗我 太好了 谢谢 再见 |
[01:55] | We got the nomination? | 我们被提名了吗 |
[01:57] | No, Millie and Roger’s getting married. | 不是 Millie和Roger要结婚了 |
[01:58] | Damn it, Roz! | 靠啊 Roz |
[02:02] | And then she said, she’d been seeing someone else, | 然后她说 她一直在跟其他人约会 |
[02:06] | she couldn’t keep living a lie. | 她不想再继续自欺欺人了 |
[02:09] | I was dumbfounded. | 我简直无言以对 |
[02:11] | I mean, what about everything we’d gone through together? | 我们一起度过那些日子呢 |
[02:13] | Didn’t that mean anything to her? | 对她一点意义都没有吗 |
[02:16] | Niles, a patient has a right to change therapists. | Niles 病人有权利换医生的 |
[02:22] | Frasier, thank God! | Frasier 太好了 |
[02:24] | Bebe, what’re you doing here? | Bebe 你怎么来了 |
[02:25] | What kind of agent would I be | 如果我不是第一个来告诉你 |
[02:27] | if I weren’t the first to tell you | 你获得了94届SeaBs奖提名的 |
[02:28] | that you’ve been nominated for a 1994 SeaBs?! | 那我成什么经纪人了 |
[02:31] | I was nominated! I was nominated! | 我被提名了 我被提名了 |
[02:34] | Ha-ha! | 哈哈 |
[02:37] | Well… I was! | 好吧 的确是嘛 |
[02:40] | Yes, you… Frasier Crane, MD, PhD, STUD, | 没错 你 Frasier Crane 硕士 博士 帅气男士 |
[02:45] | are the man of the hour! | 此时此刻的男主角 |
[02:49] | Bebe Glazer, Frasier’s agent. | Bebe Glazer Frasier的经纪人 |
[02:50] | Dr. Niles Crane, Frasier’s brother. | Niles Crane医生 Frasier的弟弟 |
[02:53] | – You are not a psychologist too. – Yes. | – 你不会也是心理医生吧 – 正是 |
[02:57] | Oh, please, if I’m ever to have a breakdown, | 天呐 如果我这辈子总得有一次精神崩溃的话 |
[02:59] | let me have it now. | 拜托就趁现在吧 |
[03:03] | Double double decaf to go. | 超浓低咖啡因咖啡 带走 |
[03:07] | So, this is quite a surprise. | 真是个惊喜啊 |
[03:11] | You know, actually I’d, ah, forgotten | 其实我都忘了今天 |
[03:12] | that the nominations were even coming out today. | 是宣布提名人选的日子了 |
[03:14] | Oh, isn’t he precious? You must be very proud of Frasier. | 多难得啊 你肯定很为Frasier骄傲吧 |
[03:18] | Well actually…no. | 其实 一点都不 |
[03:22] | This nomination is just one more signpost on | 这次提名不过是我哥哥为自己选择的 |
[03:24] | the low road of celebrity which my brother’s chosen for himself. | 成名之路上的又一个指示牌而已 |
[03:27] | Hope that’s not sibling rivalry rearing | 希望这不是手足竞争孕育出来的 |
[03:28] | its vicious little green snout?! | 让人起疑的嫉妒之心啊 |
[03:31] | Absolutely not. I’m still in the minority | 当然不是 我依然是坚持心理学 |
[03:34] | who believes psychiatry’s a noble profession, | 是一门考究学问的少数人中的一个 |
[03:35] | …which is tarnished by such things as popularity contests, | 可惜现在心理学被所谓的流行玷污 |
[03:38] | not to mention a bouncy little radio programme! | 更别提什么不安生的电台节目了 |
[03:41] | I bet you two had wicked | 我猜你们俩小的时候 |
[03:43] | little hair-pulling fights when you were tots! | 每次打架肯定都下狠手抓对方头发吧 |
[03:49] | Yes, well. This has been delightful, but I really must run. | 很高兴见到你 但我得走了 |
[03:53] | I’m due at my sexual addiction group, | 我还要赶去性瘾患者治疗小组 |
[03:54] | and I don’t like to leave them alone for too long. | 可不能给他们太多独处时间 |
[03:57] | – Frasier – Roz – Frasier! – Roz! | |
[03:59] | Frasier Frasier Frasier Frasier! Frasier! Frasier! | |
[04:00] | Roz Roz Roz Roz! Roz! Roz! | |
[04:01] | We did it! | 我们成功啦 |
[04:03] | I know! Here, here, come and sit down. | 可不是嘛 快坐下 |
[04:04] | You know I’ve never really want anything before. | 我本来真的没在意过这种奖项 |
[04:07] | Although back in prep school, the existentialist club | 虽然以前预科学校的存在主义社团 |
[04:09] | once named me “Most likely to be”! | 曾经称我为”最可能成功的人” |
[04:15] | You wanna hear the greatest part? | 你想听更好的消息吗 |
[04:17] | I’ve already got a date for the ceremony – | 我已经找到陪我去颁奖典礼的伴了 |
[04:19] | Brad Macnamara Brad Macnamara! | |
[04:21] | The Channel Eight reporter? | 那个八频道的记者吗 |
[04:22] | Television’s most handsome man. | 电视屏幕上最帅的男人啊 |
[04:24] | Yes. You know for months he wouldn’t give me the time of day, | 没错 他原来看都不肯看我一眼 |
[04:27] | but one little nomination and he knew who I was! | 但是就那么一次提名 他都知道我是谁了 |
[04:31] | Who are you? | 你是谁啊 |
[04:33] | Roz Doyle, Frasier’s producer. | Roz Doyle 是Frasier的制作人 |
[04:35] | Oh, yes that’s right. I’ve seen you bring him coffee. | 喔 没错 我见过你给他送咖啡 |
[04:38] | By the way, would you mind getting mine? | 你介不介意也帮我带一杯 |
[04:43] | I better get myself on the ball here. I’ve got a lot to do! | 我也该动起来了 还有好多事情要做呢 |
[04:46] | Oh, not really, darling. I’ve already got your tux, rented you a limo, | 不是哦 我已经帮你准备好了礼服 租了豪车 |
[04:50] | and your tickets will be waiting for you at the door. | 你的入场券会有人送货上门的 |
[04:53] | Well, seems the only thing you haven’t taken care of is finding me a date?! | 看来你唯一还没帮我找到的 就是女伴咯 |
[04:56] | Your subtlety floors me! I’d love to! | 你真是狡猾啊 我当然愿意啦 |
[05:00] | I’m thrilled, thrilled, thrilled for you both, | 我真的 真的 真的为你们俩高兴 |
[05:04] | but I’ve got to run. | 但我得走了 |
[05:05] | Two of my other clients weren’t nominated, | 我有两个客户没有被提名 |
[05:07] | and I have to go tell them what a worthless award this is! | 我得去跟他们说这个奖项是多么的没有意义 |
[05:14] | Daphne, you may not be aware of this, | Daphne 你可能不知道 |
[05:16] | but there’s a special secret to opening a bottle of champagne. | 但开香槟是有秘诀的 |
[05:20] | Especially a fine French | 特别是这种 |
[05:23] | champagne as unprepossessing as this one. | 低调的上等法国香槟 |
[05:25] | $200 a bottle. | 两百美元一瓶哟 |
[05:28] | In order to prevent spillage | 为了不让它溢出来 |
[05:29] | one does not simply twist out the cork. | 不能就这么随便地转瓶塞 |
[05:34] | Instead, one holds the cork stationary, you see. | 应该握住瓶塞不动 |
[05:37] | And then gives the bottle three easy turns. | 轻轻地转酒瓶三次 |
[05:41] | One… | 一 |
[05:42] | Oh, god! Oh no, get some glasses! Quick! Oh… oh, my god. | 天啊 给我杯子 快 天啊 |
[05:47] | Eddie, get out of there, you mangy little cur! | Eddie 快下来 你这蠢狗 |
[05:55] | Oh, Lord. | 天啊 |
[05:56] | Well, that wasn’t too bad. I believe we’ve salvaged most of it. | 也不是很糟 我还是救下了大部分 |
[06:00] | I’d say this calls for a toast. To my number-one son, | 我觉得该干一杯 为我最棒的儿子 |
[06:04] | congratulations on your first nomination for… | 祝贺你这是第一次被提名 |
[06:07] | ..Well, anything! | 任何奖项 |
[06:10] | Frasier, I’m proud of you. | Frasier 我为你骄傲 |
[06:12] | Thanks, dad, means a lot to me. | 谢谢 老爸 我很感动 |
[06:14] | Mm… oh, this champagne is delicious. | 这香槟真不错 |
[06:17] | Mmm. It’s quite exquisite, isn’t it? Dad, what do you think? | 口感很细腻 老爸 你觉得呢 |
[06:21] | I was in the mood for something domestic! | 我比较想喝点国产的 |
[06:25] | You know, I must say, Dr. Crane, | 我一直想说 Crane医生 |
[06:28] | it’s awfully nice that although I’m an employee here, | 虽然你是我的雇主 |
[06:30] | you include me in all the family celebrations. | 但是每次家庭庆祝都会叫上我真好 |
[06:33] | Oh, Daphne, there’s never been any doubt | Daphne 我一直以来 |
[06:35] | that I think of you as my equal in every way. | 都把你当做自己人来看的 |
[06:48] | Oh, I’ll get it. | 喔 我来开门吧 |
[06:51] | Would you? | 不然呢 |
[06:52] | Would you like me to announce your visitor? | 要不要我通报一下来者姓名 |
[06:54] | Oh, just open the door! | 开门就行了 |
[06:56] | – Oh, hello, Roz! – Daphne. – Congratulations. | – 你好啊 Roz – Daphne – 恭喜你哦 |
[07:01] | Oh, thanks. You know, I couldn’t believe it myself. | 谢谢 我自己都还不敢相信 |
[07:03] | Brad Macnamara! | Brad Macnamara欸 |
[07:07] | Roz, I believe she was referring to your SeaB nomination. | Roz 她想说的是SeaB的提名吧 |
[07:10] | No, I meant Brad Macnamara. | 不是 我就是想说Brad Macnamara |
[07:13] | Oh, do you think he wears any pants under that desk? | 你说他主持台下面穿不穿裤子啊 |
[07:16] | Not on my TV! | 反正在我家电视上绝对没穿 |
[07:21] | Girls, can we just cut out the pyjama party, please? | 姑娘们 睡衣派对能不能停一下啊 拜托 |
[07:24] | Hello, Mr. C. | 你好 C老先生 |
[07:26] | Hey, Roz, how’s my girlfriend? | 嘿 Roz 我的女朋友咋样啊 |
[07:28] | Well, she’s nominated. | 她被提名了喔 |
[07:31] | How about a glass of champagne? | 要不要来一杯香槟 |
[07:33] | Apparently, it’s French and unprepossessing. | 低调的法国香槟喔 |
[07:36] | Oh, Daphne, save your breath. | Daphne 省点力气吧 |
[07:37] | It could be coming out of a box and Roz would have a glass of it! | 就算是箱子里倒出来的 Roz也一定会喝 |
[07:41] | You know, I must say I’m so proud of you, Roz, | 我真的很为你骄傲啊 Roz |
[07:44] | being recognised in a male-dominated industry. | 在男人统治的行业里也能得到认可 |
[07:47] | It’s one more step forward for working women. | 职业女性的一大步啊 |
[07:50] | You’re a credit to our gender. | 你是我们女性的骄傲 |
[07:53] | Well, thank you, Daphne. | 谢谢 Daphne |
[07:55] | Oh, that reminds me, do you have a push-up bra I could borrow? | 你提醒我了 你有没有聚拢内衣可以借我 |
[07:59] | – I’ll go look. – Thanks. | – 我去找找 – 谢谢 |
[08:04] | Listen, I’m sorry to barge in like this | 抱歉我突然造访 |
[08:07] | but I had to show you this, Frasier. | 但是有个东西我必须给你看看 Frasier |
[08:09] | I have a friend over at “Broadcast” | 我一个朋友在 |
[08:10] | Magazine who sent me a copy. | <广播电视>杂志工作 |
[08:12] | It’s a full-page ad. | 送了我一本 一整页的广告 |
[08:15] | ‘Wendy Yashiro wishes to thank | Wendy Yashiro感谢 |
[08:17] | the members of the voting committee for her nomination | 评委会的提名 |
[08:20] | ‘and hopes they consider her for the award.’ | 希望他们能考虑把她选上 |
[08:25] | This is nothing but shameless self-promotion, very bad taste! | 这就是个不要脸的自我推销 真是没格调 |
[08:29] | I know! What are we gonna put in our ad? | 可不是嘛 我们的广告要怎么写 |
[08:32] | Wendy Yashiro’s up against you for this award? | Wendy Yashiro是你们的竞争对手 |
[08:34] | Oh, I like her – she’s a cutie! | 我喜欢她 她很漂亮 |
[08:37] | You’re not suggesting we put our own ad in this thing? | 你是说我们也要在这上面登广告吗 |
[08:40] | Frasier, we’re falling behind, | Frasier 我们现在落后 |
[08:42] | Mike Sanchez has already sent out tapes of his show. | Mike Sanchez已经在发放他的节目的录音带了 |
[08:44] | Mike Sanchez? Oh, I like him! | Mike Sanchez 我喜欢他啊 |
[08:48] | And who knows what Fletcher Grey’s doing? | 我们也不知道Fletcher Grey要出什么招数 |
[08:51] | Fletcher Grey…!! | Fletcher Grey啊 |
[08:52] | Thank you, Dad! Geez! | 谢谢你了 老爸 受不了 |
[08:56] | Well, all right. I—just as long as it’s tasteful and understated. | 好吧 只要够格调 还有低调点就行了 |
[09:01] | Great. I will call my friend | 太好了 我打电话给我朋友 |
[09:03] | and I’ll have him work something up for us. | 让她们帮忙想些点子 |
[09:05] | No, wait a minute, wait a minute. If we really want to stand out, | 等一下 等一下 如果我们真的想出挑 |
[09:07] | why run another boring old ad? | 干嘛跟着他们登无聊的广告呢 |
[09:09] | We should do something different, something unique. | 我们应该独树一帜 与众不同 |
[09:11] | Hey, I heard last year’s winner threw a big cocktail party. | 我听说去年的赢家搞了一个大型的鸡尾酒会 |
[09:15] | OK, we can do that, but we should do | 行 这个也可以 |
[09:17] | something else, something to keep our names | 不过我们得做些 |
[09:19] | in their minds. You know what I mean? | 让他们记住我们的事情 |
[09:22] | Uh, I know, personalized gifts from… the new Tiffany’s catalogue! | 我知道了 送礼物 从蒂凡尼的商品目录里找 |
[09:27] | Ooh, that’s good! that’s good!. | 喔 这主意好 |
[09:28] | I saw the most incredible cigarette cases in here. | 他们有一个特别好看的烟盒 |
[09:30] | No, No, no cigarette cases, | 不不 烟盒不行 |
[09:32] | that sends out a bad message. Ooh, how about a silver flask? | 烟盒给人的感觉不好 这个银质酒瓶不错 |
[09:34] | We’ve already got your vote, Roz. | 我们知道你会同意的 Roz |
[09:37] | Hold on a minute, look, I might not know anything about show business, | 等一下 我对娱乐圈了解不多 |
[09:41] | but when you start sending out gifts to people who | 但是你们这样给手握权力的人送礼物 |
[09:43] | can do something for you, that’s called bribery! | 这就叫做贿赂啦 |
[09:46] | It’s a simple thank you for a nomination! | 这只是对获得提名表示感谢而已 |
[09:48] | Well, I’m glad to hear that. | 你这么想最好 |
[09:49] | Because if I had to give somebody a gift to get an award, | 但如果要贿赂才能得奖 |
[09:51] | it’s not worth having. | 这个奖根本不值得去争取 |
[09:53] | Might as well just go on down to the trophy store and buy one yourself. | 你还不如直接去卖奖杯的地方买一个给自己呢 |
[10:12] | – I really want that award. – Me, too. | – 我真的很想得奖 – 我也是 |
[10:14] | Get that catalogue! | 把目录拿过来 |
[10:30] | Well, are you coming in or not? | 你到底进不进去 |
[10:31] | Dad, this is a big moment for me. | 老爸 这是我的重要时刻 |
[10:34] | I want to drink it in. | 我想沉浸其中(喝个够) |
[10:35] | Me, too. Where’s the bar? | 我也是 吧台在哪 |
[10:39] | Hey, not so fast. Me shoes are killing me! | 等一下 我这鞋子痛死了 |
[10:42] | I hate these shoes. | 真是恨这双鞋 |
[10:44] | I should never have let that sales girl talk me into getting them. | 就不该让那个售货员说服我买这鞋 |
[10:47] | – They look real good on you, though. – You think so? | – 你穿着很好看啊 – 真的吗 |
[10:50] | Dr. Crane. Bob Peterson, voting committee. | Crane医生 我是Bob Peterson评委会的 |
[10:53] | Oh, hi, Bob. | 你好 Bob |
[10:54] | Look, I just wanted to wish you good luck tonight. | 我就是想来祝你今晚好运 |
[10:56] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[10:57] | – Oh, and thanks for the bathrobe. – Oh… nothing! | – 谢谢你送我的浴袍 – 没什么啦 |
[11:00] | People get out of the shower, they’re cold! | 每个人刚洗完澡出来都会冷的嘛 |
[11:04] | Hey, Dr. Crane, love the watch! | 嘿 Crane医生 手表很好看喔 |
[11:07] | It’s nothing, really. It’s a pretty good likeness of me though, isn’t it? | 谢谢 小事一桩 长得跟我挺像的不是吗 |
[11:12] | Can we please sit down? I have got to sit down. | 我们能坐下了吗 我真的站不住了 |
[11:17] | Daphne, we’re at table eight. This isn’t our table! | Daphne 我们是八号桌 这不是我们那桌 |
[11:20] | It is now! | 现在是了 |
[11:23] | Hey, isn’t that Fletcher Grey? | 那不是Fletcher Grey嘛 |
[11:25] | Oh yes, I believe it is. | 我想是的 |
[11:26] | Oh boy, you really got your work cut out for you here. | 天啊 你还真是做了挺充分的准备 |
[11:29] | Let me tell you, that guy is a class act! | 我跟你说 这个人绝对是出类拔萃 |
[11:31] | I been listening to him for twenty years. | 我听他的节目都有20年了 |
[11:33] | You know, I don’t usually do this, but I’m gonna go shake his hand. | 一般我不会这样 但我要去和他握手 |
[11:37] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 伙计们 |
[11:39] | Oh, Roz. There’s my fellow nominee. | Roz 我的共同提名人 |
[11:41] | Frasier, those gifts were such a great idea. | Frasier 送礼物真是个好主意 |
[11:43] | Everybody’s talking about them. | 大家都在讨论礼物的事 |
[11:44] | I know. Did you see the valet parking board? | 你看到代客泊车那块牌子上没 |
[11:46] | Half the key chains there are ours! | 一半的钥匙扣都是我们送的 |
[11:49] | Look, Frasier, this is a very big night for me. | Frasier 今天晚上对我来说很重要 |
[11:51] | So please, please don’t spoil it by making fun of who I brought. | 所以求你 求你不要嘲笑我带的男伴 |
[11:55] | I thought you were bringing Brad Macnamara. | 你不是要带Brad Macnamara来的嘛 |
[11:57] | Well I was. But he got called out on a story the last minute. | 本来是 但是他突然被叫去报道一个大新闻 |
[12:00] | Some hospital went up in flames. | 有家医院着火了 |
[12:02] | Do you know anyone who has worse luck than I do? | 你见过有比我更倒霉的人吗 |
[12:09] | Hi, Dr. Crane. | 嗨 Crane医生 |
[12:11] | Oh, hi, Noel. | 嗨 Noel |
[12:14] | Noel Shempsky’s your date? | Noel Shempsk是你的男伴 |
[12:15] | Uh, tip, Dr. Crane? If you’re ever nominated again, | 提醒一下 Crane医生 如果你以后再被提名 |
[12:19] | there’s a metered parking lot three blocks away, | 三个街区外有一个停车场是用计时器的 |
[12:21] | they don’t check after 6.00! | 六点以后没人管哦 |
[12:25] | Oh, um… here are the car keys, so you can drive us home. | 车钥匙给你 等会你开车送我回家 |
[12:29] | I have night blindness. | 我有夜盲症 |
[12:33] | I wish I did. | 我希望我也有 |
[12:37] | – Hi. I’m Noel. – Nice to meet you. | – 你好 我是Noel – 很高兴认识你 |
[12:41] | – Can you rub me feet? – Oh, Daphne! | – 能帮我揉揉脚么 – Daphne |
[12:46] | Good evening, everybody. | 晚上好 各位 |
[12:47] | Oh, hi, Niles! Thank you so much for coming! | Niles 感谢你能来 |
[12:49] | I know how you feel about | 我知道你对这个奖的想法 |
[12:50] | this award and about coming downtown after dark. | 也不喜欢晚上来市中心 |
[12:53] | Don’t be silly, you’re my brother. | 别傻了 你是我哥哥 |
[12:54] | I wouldn’t miss a gala affair like this. | 这种盛会我才不会错过呢 |
[12:56] | Hello, Daphne. | 你好啊 Daphne |
[12:57] | Can you rub me feet? | 能帮我揉揉脚吗 |
[12:58] | – Yes. – Niles! | – 求之不得 – Niles |
[13:04] | So, where’s Maris? | Maris在哪儿 |
[13:05] | Well, we were just getting ready to leave the house, | 我们刚准备从家里出来 |
[13:08] | when Maris caught a glimpse of herself in the hall mirror… | Maris在走廊镜子中瞄到一眼自己的样子 |
[13:10] | Niles, at the end of this story, will I roll my eyes? | 你这故事说到最后 我会不会翻白眼 |
[13:13] | – I did. – Well, then, just skip it! | – 反正我翻了 – 那就别说了 |
[13:16] | Listen, get me a Scotch, would you? | 帮我拿一杯威士忌好吗 |
[13:20] | That Fletcher Grey, he’s aces! | Fletcher Grey真是太厉害了 |
[13:23] | Would you believe he remembered me from 1968! | 他竟然还记得1968年见过我 |
[13:25] | – No. – Yeah! I was working on a murder case he was covering. | – 不是吧 – 真的 他报道我办理的一个谋杀案 |
[13:29] | He just looked at me and said, | 他看了我一眼然后说 |
[13:30] | “Hey, you’re the guy who found the head!” | “嘿 你是发现那颗脑袋的人” |
[13:36] | He’s been nominated for this award 11 times and he’s never won. | 他被提名这个奖项已经11次了 从没赢过 |
[13:40] | Really? Geez, I didn’t know that. | 真的吗 天呐 我都不知道 |
[13:43] | Well, I’m afraid he is just going to have to lose again, right, Dr. Crane? | 看来这次他还是会输 是吧 Crane医生 |
[13:46] | Well, if he does, you can always cheer | 就算他输了 你也有办法让他开心起来的 |
[13:47] | him up by sending him something nice from your little gift shop! | 给他送点你小礼品店里的礼物就行了 |
[13:52] | – Dr. Crane? – Fletcher Grey! | – Crane医生 – Fletcher Grey |
[13:55] | Been meaning to come over and wish you luck | 想过来祝你今天好运 |
[13:57] | even though I don’t think you need it. | 尽管你貌似不需要 |
[13:59] | Well, that’s very kind of you, | 承您贵言 |
[14:01] | but I hardly think I have a chance against you tonight! | 不过对手是您我还是机会渺茫啊 |
[14:03] | Well you know, I hope you’re right. I’d really love to win it this time. | 希望你说的是真的 我也挺想赢一次 |
[14:07] | 11 losses in a row, it’s starting to get a little embarrassing! | 11连输 开始有点难堪了 |
[14:10] | Oh, don’t be silly. You’d have to lose 15, | 别这么说 怎么也得输个15 16次的 |
[14:11] | 16 times before you could feel the least bit ashamed. | 才会开始觉得不好意思吧 |
[14:15] | Would you believe that I even considered campaigning for it this year? | 你能相信我竟然还考虑过要拉票吗 |
[14:20] | You know, sending out gifts, throwing one of those parties. | 送送礼物 开一两个派对 |
[14:23] | I bet you’d have something | 我猜你肯定 |
[14:24] | to say on your radio programme about someone who is that self-absorbed! | 会想要在节目里批判这么自私的人吧 |
[14:27] | I bet he could do a whole hour on it! | 我猜他能说上一整个小时 |
[14:31] | Fletcher, dear, they’re starting to serve the salads. | Fletcher 亲爱的 他们开始上色拉了 |
[14:34] | Oh, Mom! I’m 60 years old and I’m still her little boy. | 老妈 我已经60岁了 还是我妈的乖儿子 |
[14:39] | Dr. Crane. I’d like you to meet my mother, Hannah. | Crane医生 介绍下我妈妈 Hannah |
[14:42] | What a pleasure, Hannah, nice to meet you. | 很荣幸认识您 Hannah |
[14:44] | Mom just flew in from Scottsdale. This is her 11th year. | 我妈刚从斯科特斯戴尔飞过来 这也是她第11次了 |
[14:54] | I hope he wins it this time. | 希望他这次能赢 |
[14:55] | It’s getting harder and harder to get on that plane. | 上飞机对我来说真是越来越难了 |
[15:02] | Mom, why don’t you go back to the table before your legs swell up? | 在你的腿肿起来之前 还是先回到我们那桌吧 |
[15:07] | I’ll get you another Pink Lady. No, no, no, Mom, over there. | 我再帮你拿一杯粉红佳人 不不不 妈妈 在那儿 |
[15:14] | – Sorry, I’ve been detained, dear! – Oh hi, Bebe. | – 抱歉 我耽误了一会儿 – 嗨 Bebe |
[15:17] | Civilization won’t advance one iota | 如果不在女洗手间多放几个马桶 |
[15:19] | untill they start putting more toilets in the ladies’ room! | 文明就永远得不到进步 |
[15:24] | – Oh, thank you, Niles. – Oh, champagne! | – 谢谢 Niles – 请给我香槟 |
[15:30] | Uh, a diet root beer? | 我要无糖根汁汽水 |
[15:36] | I have to tell you that the buzz in line | 我跟你说个小八卦 |
[15:39] | was that those lovely gifts you’ve been sending have really paid off. | 你送的那些礼物 效果特别好 |
[15:43] | It looks like you’re in a neck-and-neck race with Fletcher Grey, | 现在你和Fletcher Grey那个满脸皱纹的老马 |
[15:46] | that wrinkled old warhorse… | 不相上下 |
[15:52] | Hello, Mr. Crane. | 你好啊 Crane先生 |
[15:55] | You’re even more handsome than the last time I saw you! | 你比我上次见你的时候更帅了 |
[15:58] | If I were 20 years older, | 如果我老个20岁 |
[15:59] | they couldn’t keep me away from you! | 谁都别想把我从你身上拉开 |
[16:02] | That’s why I keep this cane! | 所以我才要随身带着拐杖 |
[16:07] | Good evening, Ladies and gentlemen, | 晚上好 女士们先生们 |
[16:09] | would everybody please take their seats? | 请大家入座 |
[16:11] | I’m Keith Bishop, | 我是Keith Bishop |
[16:13] | and I’d like to welcome you to the 15th annual SeaB awards. | 欢迎各位参加第15届SeaB奖颁奖典礼 |
[16:16] | Assisting me tonight in handing out the awards is Miss SeaB 1994, | 今天与我一起给大家颁奖的是1994年SeaB小姐 |
[16:21] | Tawny Van Deusen Tawny Van Deusen. | |
[16:30] | Listen Roz, I’m starting to feel a little uncomfortable | Roz 想到我们为了拉票做的那些事情 |
[16:33] | about all the campaigning we did. | 我有点难受 |
[16:34] | Did you know that Fletcher Grey’s been nominated 11 times | 你知不知道Fletcher Grey已经被提名11次了 |
[16:38] | and never won? | 从没赢过 |
[16:38] | He didn’t lift a finger to win this thing. | 他没有为了赢这个奖做过任何事情 |
[16:40] | Frasier, don’t worry about him. Besides, he can win it next year. | Frasier 别为他担心了 而且他明年也可以赢啊 |
[16:45] | Before we start this evening’s programme, | 今晚的节目开始之前 |
[16:46] | I’d like to take this moment to make a very sad announcement. | 我想借此机会 宣布一件可惜的事情 |
[16:49] | I just found out moments ago that the Dean of Seattle radio, | 我刚从西雅图电台的台长那里得知 |
[16:54] | my mentor, Fletcher Grey, will be retiring this year. | 我的导师 Fletcher Grey 今年将会退休 |
[16:58] | Ahhhh! | 啊 |
[17:02] | Take a bow, Fletcher. | 鞠躬致意吧 Fletcher |
[17:09] | Well, we’re gonna start thing off with a bang! | 我们以一个大奖开场 |
[17:11] | The award for outstanding achievement | 广播电台节 |
[17:14] | for informational programming in radio. | 目杰出成就奖 |
[17:16] | That’s us! That’s us! | 是我们 是我们 |
[17:18] | Oops. Can’t see a thing without my glasses! | 哎呀 不戴眼镜什么都看不清呐 |
[17:23] | You know, Fletcher Grey really deserves this award. | 这个奖是Fletcher Grey应得的 |
[17:25] | If we win, can’t we just like, not accept it? | 如果我们赢了 能不能不接受 |
[17:29] | Listen, Frasier, I’ve waited ten years to get this award. | 给我听着 Frasier 这个奖我等了十年 |
[17:32] | And if I have to crawl over Fletcher Grey’s mother to get it, | 如果要我从Fletcher妈妈身上爬过去拿这个奖 |
[17:35] | I’ll do it! | 我也不会犹豫的 |
[17:40] | Roz, I’ve never seen you like this before! | Roz 从没见过你这样 |
[17:42] | – It isn’t pretty, is it? – The nominee are… | – 我这样子挺吓人的 是吧 – 提名者如下 |
[17:45] | “Community Forum” – Wendy Yashiro: talent, | “社区论坛” 主持人 Wendy Yashiro |
[17:47] | Mike Freedman: producer. | 制作人 Mike Freedman |
[17:52] | “Consumer Update” – Mike Sanchez: talent, | “消费主张” 主持人 Mike Sanchez |
[17:55] | T J Chester-Nuevo: producer. | 制作人 T J Chester-Nuevo |
[18:01] | “The Frasier Crane Show” – | “Frasier Crane医生” |
[18:03] | Dr Frasier Crane: talent, | 主持人 Frasier Crane医生 |
[18:05] | Roz Doyle: producer. | 制作人 Roz Doyle |
[18:07] | Bravo! | 好哇 |
[18:11] | “Fletcher Grey: From Where I Sit” – | “Fletcher Grey观点” |
[18:13] | Fletcher Grey: talent, Fletcher Gray: producer. | 主持人兼制作人 Fletcher Grey |
[18:19] | Bravo! Bravo! | 太棒了 太棒了 |
[18:24] | And the envelope, please? | 信封给我 谢谢 |
[18:25] | If we win this thing, they’re gonna lynch us! | 如果我们赢了 他们得宰了我们 |
[18:27] | So what! At least everyone will see my dress! | 那又怎样 至少所有人都能看到我的裙子了 |
[18:32] | Well, this is a first. It seems we have a tie. | 好吧 这倒是第一次 我们有两个赢家 |
[18:36] | Good, we can share it with Fletcher! | 太好了 我们可以跟Fletcher平分了 |
[18:38] | I don’t wanna share it. I’m already sharing it with you! | 我才不要平分 我已经在跟你平分这个奖了 |
[18:42] | And the winners are Wendy Yashiro and Mike Sanchez! | 奖项得主是Wendy Yashiro和Mike Sanchez |
[18:46] | – What? – What? – What? | – 啥 – 啥 – 啥 |
[19:01] | Well, the party’s over. Are you coming home? | 好吧 派对结束了 回家吗 |
[19:03] | – No, Dad. – Well, I guess we’ll just go on without you. | – 不 老爸 – 好吧 那我们就先走了 |
[19:07] | Fine with me. | 随便 |
[19:10] | Listen, Frasier, I don’t agree with the way | 听我说 Frasier 虽然你的做法我不认同 |
[19:13] | you went about it, but I’m still sorry that you lost. | 但你输了我还是很遗憾 |
[19:16] | It’s never easy to lose. | 输从来不是一件容易的事情 |
[19:17] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢了 老爸 |
[19:19] | Of course, if you were to have joined some organized sports | 当然咯 如果你小时候多参加 |
[19:21] | when you were a kid, | 一点体育运动 |
[19:22] | when the lessons of winning and losing could have been learned | 就可以从小学习 |
[19:24] | at an early age, you might have… | 怎么对待输赢 |
[19:25] | – Dad. – All right, sorry, wrong time! | – 老爸 – 好吧 抱歉 时机不对 |
[19:27] | We’ll talk about it tomorrow over breakfast. | 我们明天吃早饭的时候再说 |
[19:31] | OK, Daphne, let’s get you home | 好了 Daphne 我们回家吧 |
[19:34] | and soak your feet in some hot Epsom salts. | 找点泻利盐给你泡脚 |
[19:36] | Oh, I have the life of a princess! | 我过的简直是公主的日子 |
[19:41] | Don’t feel bad, Roz. It’s an honour just to get a nomination. | 别难过了 Roz 被提名已经是种荣幸了 |
[19:44] | You stop saying that! | 再说一遍试试 |
[19:47] | OK, I’m leaving. | 好吧 我走了 |
[19:49] | Oh, no, no, I’m sorry, I’m just despondent. | 噢 别 别 对不起 我就是太难过了 |
[19:54] | No, no, go ahead. | 不 不 你还是走吧 |
[19:58] | Roz Roz! | |
[19:59] | Noel, Noel, I’m sorry. Thank you. | Noel Noel 对不起 谢谢你 |
[20:02] | I’ll see you at work on Monday? | 我们星期一上班见吧 |
[20:09] | – How are you guys doing? – Oh, I’ve been better. | – 你们还好吧 – 不怎么样 |
[20:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:22] | You know, when you feel the sting of losing | 如果你们觉得输得很难受 |
[20:24] | you have to realise that it all boils down | 你们该意识到这一切 |
[20:27] | to the fact that it’s not about awards, | 无关奖项 |
[20:29] | it’s not about accolades, it’s about a body of work. | 无关嘉奖 而是你做出的努力 |
[20:34] | If you can look yourself in the mirror and say you’ve done a good job, | 如果你可以对着镜子说 你做得已经够好了 |
[20:38] | that’s all that matters. | 那就足够了 |
[20:40] | If you can do that, let the awards fall where they may. | 如果你能做到 奖项就随他去吧 |
[20:48] | Wow! All those nominations, nothing to show for it. | 这么多提名 次次都擦身而过 |
[20:53] | He still walks out of here with head held high, and a smile on his face. | 他还能抬头挺胸 面带微笑地走出去 |
[21:00] | I’m never gonna get nominated for a SeaB again. | 我再也没机会被提名SeaB奖了 |
[21:04] | – Oh, come on, Roz. – I mean it, I’m not. | – 别这样 Roz – 我说真的 没机会了 |
[21:07] | Oh, no. | 别哭啊 |
[21:08] | The world’s full of winners and losers, and I’m just a loser! | 这个世界不是赢家就是输家 我是那个输家 |
[21:12] | Aw, now, I wouldn’t be with you if you were a loser. | 如果你真的是输家我才不会跟你一起呢 |
[21:16] | Come on, we’re a team. | 别这样 我们是一个团队 |
[21:18] | Look, before we’re done, we’re gonna win lots of these things. | 我们不赢奖赢到手软是不会停下来的 |
[21:22] | You and I are amigos, compadres. | 我们是好伙伴 好朋友 |
[21:25] | OK? Now, listen, I’m not going to leave your side | 听我说 如果我不看到你脸上出现笑容 |
[21:28] | till I see a little smile on that face. | 是不会离开你的 |
[21:31] | Dr. Crane? | Crane医生 |
[21:33] | I really love your show and I was | 我很爱听你的节目 |
[21:36] | just wondering, would you like to have a drink with me? | 我在想 您是否赏脸跟我喝一杯 |
[21:50] | Do I see the beginning of a little smile? | 让我看看脸上有笑容没 |
[21:56] | – Oh, go ahead. – Thanks, Roz. | – 去吧 – 谢谢 Roz |
[21:59] | So, uh, that’s a very interesting name you have. | 你的名字挺特别的嘛 |
[22:03] | You mean “Miss SeaB”? | 你是说”SeaB小姐”吗 |
[22:04] | Well, actually, I, uh… yeah. | 呃 其实 我 呃 是的 |