时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | To start the second hour, I would like to depart from my usual format | 第二个小时 我想用一种新的方式来开始 |
[00:11] | because I recently read a book that… | 因为我最近读了本书 |
[00:13] | Well, it truly just knocked my mental socks off. | 它真的让我精神为之一震 |
[00:17] | It’s called “The Menopausal Male”. | 书名为<更年期男性> |
[00:19] | And its author, the distinguished psychiatric scholar Dr Helmut Bruga, | 作者是著名的精神病学者Helmut Bruga博士 |
[00:23] | has agreed to join us today from his office at the University of Washington. | 今天他应邀在华盛顿大学的办公室加入我们节目 |
[00:28] | Dr Bruga, guten Tag. | Bruga博士 您好 |
[00:32] | I’ve been an admirer of yours for a long time. | 我仰慕您的著作已久 |
[00:34] | ‘Thank you. I enjoy your show as well.’ | 谢谢 我也十分喜欢你的节目 |
[00:37] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[00:37] | ‘Yes. Though I do not in most cases agree with your analysis.’ | 是的 尽管绝大多数时候我并不同意你的分析 |
[00:42] | Back to your book. | 继续谈您的书 |
[00:45] | Now we’re all very familiar with the changes | 大家都非常熟悉女性 |
[00:47] | that occur in the female menopause, but your research indicates… | 在更年期时发生的变化 但您的研究表明 |
[00:51] | ‘Excuse me, Dr Crane. May I say hello to Roz?’ | 不好意思 Crane医生 我能和Roz打个招呼吗 |
[00:56] | Yes, of course. | 当然可以 |
[00:58] | – ‘Hello, Roz.’ – Hello, Dr Bruga. | – 你好啊 Roz – 您好 Bruga博士 |
[01:02] | Your research indicates that the reproductive imperative | 您的研究表明了在男人晚年时 |
[01:07] | is reawakened in later life when a man is… | 生殖欲望的再度唤醒是势不可挡的 |
[01:09] | ‘You have a very sensuous voice.’ | 你的声音很性感 |
[01:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:17] | – ‘Not you. Roz.’ – Yes, well, back to male menopause… | – 不是你 是Roz – 好吧 回到男性更年期 |
[01:20] | ‘Would you perhaps like to go to a movie sometime, maybe grab a bite?’ | 你想看场电影 或者吃点东西什么的吗 |
[01:24] | Well, that would be very… | 那真是太 |
[01:27] | No, thank you very much. | 不用了 谢谢您了 |
[01:29] | Well, our time was just flowing by. Thank you for joining us, Dr Bruga, | 真是时间飞逝啊 谢谢您的参与 Bruga博士 |
[01:32] | and for so vividly proving your point. | 还如此生动地证明了您的观点 |
[01:35] | ‘You will give Roz my number?’ | 你能把我的号码给Roz吗 |
[01:37] | Oh, I think Roz has your number. | 噢 我想Roz有你电话的 |
[01:49] | Oh, hello, Dr Crane. | 你好 Crane医生 |
[01:51] | Hello, Daphne. And I hope I haven’t come at a bad time? | 你好 Daphne 希望我没有来的不是时候 |
[01:53] | Well, your brother isn’t home for work yet, | 你哥哥还没下班回家 |
[01:55] | your father’s out walking Eddie. | 你爸出去遛Eddie了 |
[01:57] | Oh, darn the luck. | 真是太悲剧了 |
[01:59] | I stopped by to drop this off, it’s a necklace I bought for Maris. | 我是过来放下这个的 是我给Maris买的项链 |
[02:03] | I was hoping to hide it here till her birthday. | 我想在她生日之前藏在这里 |
[02:05] | – Well, I’m sure it will be alright. Mind if I have a peek? – Not at all. | – 当然没问题 介意我看一眼吗 – 看吧 |
[02:10] | Oh! | 噢 |
[02:13] | My! Emeralds! Your practice must be doing awfully well. | 老天 是翡翠诶 看来你的诊所最近生意不错吗 |
[02:18] | Who’d have thought the mentally disturbed had this much money? | 谁能想到精神障碍者会有这么有钱啊 |
[02:23] | Would you like to try it on? | 你想试戴一下吗 |
[02:25] | Oh, I’d love to! If you don’t think Mrs Crane would mind? | 想啊 只要Crane太太不介意的话 |
[02:29] | No, certainly not. Maris is the soul of generosity. | 当然不会 Maris简直就是慷慨之神 |
[02:31] | Just last week, she donated all | 就在上周 她把她所有的旧礼服裙 |
[02:33] | her old cocktail dresses to a homeless shelter. | 都捐给了一个收容所 |
[02:39] | Oh, let me just get my hair out of the way. | 让我先把头发拨开 |
[02:41] | Oh, dear! Oh, my! | 老天啊 |
[02:44] | – Can you see them? – Oh, yes, thank you. | – 你能看见它们吗 – 是的 万分感谢 |
[02:56] | Hello, Niles. Whatever are you doing here? | 你好啊 Nilea 你在这儿干嘛呢 |
[03:00] | I, um, bought an emeralds necklace for Maris. | 我给Maris买了条翡翠项链 |
[03:03] | And I need some place to hide it for… | 需要找个地方藏起来 |
[03:10] | Emeralds? Well, may I see it? | 翡翠是吧 我能看看么 |
[03:13] | Not at the moment, no. | 不 现在恐怕不行 |
[03:16] | – Why not? – It’s down me blouse. | – 为什么 – 掉我衣服里了 |
[03:20] | I see. Well, I’m sure Maris | 我明白了 我肯定Maris |
[03:22] | will never think of looking for it there. | 绝对不会想到在那里找它 |
[03:26] | It slipped down there | 我试戴的时候 |
[03:27] | when I was trying it on. I’ll just go extract it. | 它滑下去了 我这就把它取出来 |
[03:31] | Just call me butterfingers. | 看我笨手笨脚的 |
[03:34] | Join a health club, Niles. | 赶紧参加个健身俱乐部吧 Niles |
[03:38] | – Hey, guys. – Hey, Dad. | – 嘿 伙计们 – 嘿 老爸 |
[03:40] | Niles, what brings you by? | Niles 什么风把你吹来了 |
[03:42] | Maris’ birthday. I’m hiding her gift here. | Maris的生日 我要把礼物藏在这里 |
[03:45] | Oh, it’s that time again. I guess I’ve got to get her something. | 又到这个日子了 我也得给她买点儿什么 |
[03:49] | That’s too bad. I just got back from the hardware store. | 真不巧 我刚从五金店里回来 |
[03:53] | I saw a great ratchet set. | 看到一套很棒的棘齿轮 |
[03:55] | As if there’s anything left on her that needs tightening. | 好像她身上还有任何东西需要更紧点似的 |
[04:07] | – Oh, Dad, no, not more duct tape! – Yeah… | – 老爸 别再贴胶带了 – 要的 |
[04:11] | I got to repair a little split in the old throne here. | 我要修理一下老宝座上的裂缝 |
[04:17] | You got to catch these rips earlier, or they look like hell. | 补缝要趁早 不然就遭了 |
[04:23] | You know, dad. Let’s stop repairing this old relic all the time. | 老爸 别老是修修补补这个破椅子了 |
[04:25] | – Why don’t I bring the Eames down here? – Oh, no. | – 我把Eames沙发给你搬过来吧 – 不用了 |
[04:28] | That thing is too fancy for me. | 那东西太奢华了 |
[04:29] | I just need a comfortable place to part my fanny. | 我只是需要一个屁股能舒服停靠的地方而已 |
[04:32] | – How about Florida? – I heard that. | – 弗洛里达州如何 – 我听到了 |
[04:37] | And think of all the care I put into decorating my home, | 我如此用心地布置我的家 |
[04:40] | only to have it mocked by this atrocity. | 却是用来被这个丑陋的东西嘲笑的 |
[04:43] | The bottom line is it is your home. | 这是你的家 |
[04:45] | Why don’t you just make him get rid of it? | 干嘛不逼他丢了它 |
[04:47] | Cause it’s not so simple as all. | 哪有那么容易 |
[04:48] | I mean, one would have to find the appropriate moment. | 怎么说也得找个合适的时机 |
[04:51] | I mean Dad must have his feelings. One should consider those. | 老爸也是有感情的 得考虑这个方面 |
[04:54] | He has… qutie attachments to this little chair. | 他对这张椅子有很深的依恋 |
[04:57] | You’re afraid to stand up to him, aren’t you? | 你就是不敢反抗他 是吧 |
[04:58] | Oh, like you’re not! | 就跟你不是似的 |
[05:01] | Well, at least I don’t have to live with something unattractive. | 至少我不用忍受这么丑的东西 |
[05:10] | Oh, Niles. I’m just having some fun with you. | Niles 我只是和你开玩笑罢了 |
[05:13] | Actually I think Maris is rather attractive | 其实我觉得Maris还是相当有魅力的 |
[05:15] | in a minimalist sort of way. | 用抽象的眼光看的话 |
[05:18] | Oh, forget it. I’m just upset about the chair. | 算了吧 我只是讨厌这张椅子 |
[05:23] | You know, Frasier. There’s a perfectly sound psychological | 知道么 Frasier 有个十分充分的心理学依据 |
[05:26] | basis for getting rid of this chair. | 能帮你摆脱这张椅子 |
[05:28] | Oh, really? Well, enlighten me, Doctor. | 噢 真的么 赶紧开导下我吧 医生 |
[05:30] | With pleasure. | 乐意至极 |
[05:31] | Originally, Dad needed it to | 本来 老爸需要它 |
[05:33] | bridge the transition from his old apartment to life here with you. | 去建立从旧公寓到来这边和你生活的过渡桥梁 |
[05:36] | But, as with all transitional objects, be they a teddy bear, | 但是 过渡的媒介 可以是一只泰迪熊 |
[05:40] | be they a thumb, be they a blanket, | 可以是一个拇指 可以是一条毛毯 |
[05:42] | be they a chair… | 可以是一张椅子 |
[05:43] | Stop saying “Be they”! | 别再说”可以是”了 |
[05:46] | The point is, there comes a time when the healthy thing is to | 关键是 总会有一天 |
[05:49] | put these security objects aside and reassert your independence. | 得将这些带来安全感的东西抛开来恢复独立 |
[05:52] | Yes, of course. So you’re just | 是的 当然 所以你是说 |
[05:55] | saying that if I should, say, go down to the store and | 我应该去商店 |
[05:57] | buy Dad a new chair and throw this one little trashy, | 给老爸买个新座椅 然后扔掉这个垃圾 |
[06:00] | I wouldn’t do it for me. I’d be doing it for him? | 这么做不是为了我自己 而是为了他 |
[06:02] | Yes, and it would be a nice payback for | 是的 而且这将是对 |
[06:04] | the day he used your blanket to clean his service revolver. | 他用你的毯子擦他的左轮手枪的合理报复 |
[06:08] | Oops, I’m sorry. Our time is up. | 哎呀 真是抱歉 到点了 |
[06:31] | Dear God, Frasier, we’ve stumbled upon hell’s waiting room. | 天啊 Frasier 这简直是地狱的等候室 |
[06:37] | I know, this is not the moment for the faint of heart. | 这不是怯懦的时候 |
[06:39] | We’re treading a thin line here. | 我们得胆大心细 |
[06:41] | And, Niles, we got to find something | Niles 我们必须找到一张 |
[06:42] | that complements my decor and as well as fullfills Dad’s requirments. | 既符合我的风格又能满足老爸要求的椅子 |
[06:46] | Oh, dear God! Can you would imagine anyone | 天啊 你能想象任何人会 |
[06:50] | has something like that in their living room? | 把这种东西放在他们的客厅里么 |
[06:51] | It looks like something upholstered in golf pants. | 就像套上了一条高尔夫裤子 |
[06:55] | Excuse me. Perhaps you could help us? | 不好意思 也许你能帮帮我们吗 |
[06:57] | – Yeah, perhaps. – We are looking for a chair. | – 是啊 也许吧 – 我们想买一张椅子 |
[06:59] | – We got ’em. – Wow, wait, wait. | – 这不就是吗 – 等等 等等 |
[07:01] | We are looking for something with the presence | 我们希望它有着 |
[07:03] | of a Mies van der Rohe, | Mies van der Rohe建筑的外形风格 |
[07:05] | and the insouciance of a Le Corbusier. | 还要有Le Corbusier般的随意感 |
[07:08] | This one vibrates. | 这个能震动 |
[07:11] | Perhaps you could direct | 也许可以带我们去 |
[07:12] | us to your recliners, preferably one in suede. | 看看你这边的躺椅 最好是麂皮的 |
[07:15] | People seem to like this Lazy Guy. | 大家都挺喜欢这款”懒家伙” |
[07:18] | Lazy Guy, What do they call the deluxe model: | “懒家伙” 那他们要把高级版叫做 |
[07:21] | the Hopeless Slackass? | “无可救药的大懒虫”吗 |
[07:28] | Oh, hey! What about this one over here? | 嘿 这张怎么样 |
[07:32] | You know, I hate to admit it, | 虽然不愿意承认 |
[07:33] | but that would not look altogether hideous in my living room. | 但放在我客厅里不会显得那么丑 |
[07:36] | Have a seat. This one got Swedish massage. | 试坐一下吧 有瑞典式按摩功能 |
[07:38] | – No, thank you. – No, no. Go ahead. Try it out. | – 不用了 谢谢 – 别啊 来吧 试试 |
[07:41] | – I’ll fire it up for you. – That won’t be necessary. | – 我来帮你启动 – 实在没有必要 |
[07:44] | I like to sit in my chair, not like to vibrate. | 我还是喜欢坐在椅子上 不喜欢震动 |
[07:47] | Thank you any… Oh! Ooh! | 不过还是谢谢 噢 呜 |
[07:51] | – It also has shiatsu. – Ohh… | – 还有指压按摩模式 – 噢 |
[07:59] | I never knew a chair could be this satisfying. | 我从来不知道一张椅子能令人如此满足 |
[08:04] | I never knew that anything could. I want it! | 我从不知道任何东西可以办到 我要买 |
[08:08] | Right, now I’m sure it would fit right in | 是啊 它能融入Maris那些 |
[08:09] | with all the Maris’ eighteenth century’s antiques?! | 十八世纪的古董吗 |
[08:11] | Then I’ll just rent it an apartment and visit it on the side. | 那我就为它租个公寓然后秘密拜访 |
[08:18] | What do you think? Why don’t you have a try yourself? | 你怎么看 不如你也试一下 |
[08:21] | Well, I don’t really think it’s necessary. | 我认为没有这个必要 |
[08:22] | You see, I’m buying it for my father, and… | 我是要给老爸买的 而且 |
[08:24] | – You must sit in it. – Who knows other people’s tastes? | – 你一定要试一下 – 我怎么知道其他人怎么想呢 |
[08:27] | Something seems not quite right… Turn on this. | 看上去有点不大对劲 打开这里 |
[08:30] | Ohh… Oh, mommy! | 娘亲啊 |
[08:41] | Eddie! What is the matter with him? | Eddie 它是怎么了 |
[08:44] | He saw your father’s chair was gone. | 它发现你爸的椅子不在了 |
[08:46] | And he’s afraid it means your father’s gone too. | 很怕那意味着你爸也走了 |
[08:48] | I think he suspects foul play. | 我想它能嗅到犯规的气息 |
[08:51] | Oh, stop it! If I had stuck Dad’s | 别闹了 要是我把老爸的脚 |
[08:53] | feet into a bucket of cement and thrown him into Puget Sound, | 塞进一桶水泥里 然后扔进皮吉特湾 |
[08:56] | you would have been the tiny little splash that followed him! | 你就是随之溅起小水花 |
[09:02] | Oh, that must be Leo! Wait till you see this! | 一定是Leo 你等着瞧吧 |
[09:07] | – Come on. – Make way. – Just be careful. | – 进来吧 – 让路 – 小心点儿 |
[09:10] | Leo, watch the furniture and the walls. | Leo 小心家具和墙 |
[09:12] | Excuse me, but I have been a professional. I take a lot pride in my work… | 不好意思 但我可是专业人员 很是以我的工作为傲 |
[09:17] | How did that get there? | 它怎么倒那边去了 |
[09:19] | Hey, at least I didn’t lose my licence this time, right? | 嘿 至少这次我没丢掉驾照 对吧 |
[09:21] | – Alright, quickly, quickly! – I’m sure Beavis | – 好了 快点吧 – 我猜瘪四 |
[09:23] | will start to wonder where you are. | 开始在寻思你哪去了 |
[09:28] | Actually, Leo, as long you are here, | Leo 既然你来了 |
[09:31] | we’re having a problem with a leaky faucet in the sink. | 我们的水池有个水龙头漏了 |
[09:34] | – Where would that be? – In the kitchen, dear. | – 在哪里 – 在厨房 亲爱的 |
[09:37] | That wasn’t a dumb question. You got bathrooms too, don’t you? | 这个问题并不蠢 还有浴室 不是吗 |
[09:40] | None that you’ll be going anywhere near. | 我可不会让你靠近我们的浴室 |
[09:43] | Dr.Crane. It’s lovely! | Crane医生 这椅子真棒 |
[09:45] | I thought the other one was nice, but this is smashing! | 老的那张挺不错的 可这张棒极了 |
[09:49] | Try it out. And it has a little surprise. | 来试试 有小惊喜哦 |
[09:52] | Ooh. This is comfy. | 噢 真是舒服 |
[09:56] | Although it’s a little on the soft side. | 就是有点太软了 |
[09:59] | I prefer… | 我更喜欢 |
[10:02] | Hello. | 哎哟喂 |
[10:05] | Ohh… Ohh… Ohh… | 噢 噢 噢 |
[10:08] | This is enough to make me give up me searching | 这简直可以让我放弃寻找 |
[10:10] | for a meaningful relationship. | 真爱了 |
[10:13] | Oh, quick! Quick! Dad! Get out! Get out! Get out! | 快起来 是老爸 起来 起来 起来 |
[10:16] | Oh, all right! Just like a man! | 行了 典型的男人 |
[10:18] | Now you’ve had your fun, you don’t care where I am! | 你得到了满足 就不管我到哪了 |
[10:25] | – Hey there. – Hi, Dad. I’ve got a little surprise for you. | – 好啊 – 嗨 老爸 我有个一个小惊喜要给你 |
[10:31] | – What’s that? – It’s your new easy chair! | – 这是啥 – 你的新安乐椅 |
[10:35] | Wow, what do you know about that? | 谁能猜到呢 |
[10:39] | Where’s my old chair? | 我的旧椅子呢 |
[10:41] | Place down the storage space. Come on, try this one out. | 放储物间了 来吧 试试这个 |
[10:43] | Look, I appreciate this, Frasier, | 我很感激你 Frasier |
[10:45] | but that… It really isn’t me. | 但这 真的不适合我 |
[10:48] | Dad, dad, you haven’t even sat in it yet. | 老爸 老爸 你还没试过呢 |
[10:50] | Come on, come on down, Martin Crane. | 来吧 快来坐下 Martin Crane |
[11:03] | That’s disgusting! | 简直令人作呕 |
[11:08] | No no, look, Frasier, I’m sorry, but, you know, I’m a creature of habit. | 还是别了 Frasier 很对不起 但我很老套 |
[11:12] | I think I’d rather have my old chair back. | 我宁愿要回我的旧椅子 |
[11:14] | Oh, dad. But why? I mean, this chair is a | 老爸 为什么呢 这张椅子 |
[11:15] | lot more comfortable than the old one and it’s therapeutic. | 比老的那个舒服多了而且有治疗功效 |
[11:18] | I know, I just never cared for leather, you know? | 我知道 可是我不喜欢真皮 你明白吗 |
[11:21] | You stick to it in hot weather, you can’t sit in it in shorts. | 天气热的时候会被黏住 也不能穿着短裤坐 |
[11:24] | It makes my back sweat. Black’s hot. | 热得我一身汗 黑色很吸热 |
[11:27] | I’m sorry, I just couldn’t get used to it in this chair. | 很抱歉 可是我无法习惯这张椅子 |
[11:30] | All right, dad, fine. The important thing is | 好吧 老爸 没关系 重要的是你至少和它 |
[11:33] | that you lived with it for a full 15 seconds. Leo! | 和平共处了整整十五秒钟 Leo |
[11:37] | Leo, we need you to bring Mr Crane’s chair back in here. | Leo 请你把Crane先生的旧座椅搬回来 |
[11:41] | – No, can’t do. Fish ‘n’ Chips. Someone took it. – What? | – 不行 做不到 被盗了 有人把它偷走了 – 啥 |
[11:44] | Are you saying someone broke into my storage space | 你是说有人闯入了我的储物间 |
[11:46] | and stole my father’s chair? | 还偷走了我爸的椅子 |
[11:48] | Storage space? | 储物间 |
[11:48] | That’s where I told you to put it! You did put it there, didn’t you? | 我让你把椅子放到那里 你是放在那里的吧 |
[11:51] | Oh, man, not another day like last Tuesday. | 不是又像上周二一样吧 |
[11:55] | Where is my chair, Leo? | 我的椅子在哪里 Leo |
[11:57] | I took it down to the dumpster, someone snagged it. | 我把它搬到垃圾箱旁边 有人偷走了 |
[11:59] | It’s pretty bitchy, you know. I almost kept it myself. | 挺不厚道的 我差点就自己留着了 |
[12:00] | You threw my chair away! You happy now? It’s gone. | 你把我的椅子扔了 这下你满意了 它一去不返了 |
[12:03] | Listen, Leo. You have got to find that chair. | Leo 你必须要找到那张椅子 |
[12:04] | I don’t care what you have to do. | 我不管你用什么方法 |
[12:05] | Call the entire building. Search the neigborhood. | 号召整栋楼的人 搜查左邻右舍 |
[12:07] | Just find my father’s chair! | 总之要找到我爸的椅子 |
[12:08] | “Dump the chair, get the chair, find the chair.” | “扔椅子 拿椅子 找椅子” |
[12:10] | – Am I the building lackey? – YES! | – 当我男仆吗 – 没错 |
[12:13] | Oh, OK. | 那好吧 |
[12:17] | Well, if no one’s going to want this, we could put it in my room. | 既然没人想要这个的话 可以放在我的房间里啊 |
[12:25] | Maybe later. You two talk it over. | 晚点再说吧 你俩先谈谈 |
[12:29] | Well, that could not gonna work out any better for you, | 这下达到你的目的了吧 |
[12:30] | could it? You’ve been trying to get rid of that chair | 自我搬进来那天起 |
[12:32] | from the day I moved in here! | 你就想扔掉那张椅子 |
[12:33] | Dad, you could at least show a little gratitude. | 老爸 你应该至少有一点点感激吧 |
[12:35] | I didn’t do this for me. I did it for you. | 我不是为了自己才这么做的 是为了你啊 |
[12:37] | Like hell! | 少来这套 |
[12:38] | You’re acting like I lost the chair on purpose? | 你说得好像是我故意把椅子弄丢似的 |
[12:40] | Hey, let me tell you something. That chair was the only thing | 我告诉你 那张椅子是这房子里 |
[12:44] | that made me feel comfortable in this house, | 唯一让我感觉舒服的东西 |
[12:46] | that maybe feel maybe this was my home too. | 让我觉得这也许可以是我的家 |
[12:48] | Oh, boloney! Ever since you got here, | 胡扯 自从你来到这里 |
[12:51] | all I’m trying to do is to make you comfortable. | 我一直在想尽办法让你觉得舒适 |
[12:52] | I don’t know but why I bothered. I mean, | 真不明白为什么我要自找麻烦 |
[12:54] | everybody knows that Martin Crane | 谁都知道Martin Crane不喜欢 |
[12:55] | doesn’t like calfskin! He prefers duct tape! | 牛皮革 他更喜欢胶带 |
[12:58] | And food crumbs! | 以及食物残渣 |
[13:02] | There we are. And let’s have | 来吧 再往上面 |
[13:04] | a little dribble of beer while we’re at it! Why not? There! Delightful! | 洒些啤酒 来吧 何乐而不为啊 |
[13:07] | Let’s not forget, to top it all off, | 别忘了 最重要的是 |
[13:09] | just the slightest bit of dog hair, hmm? | 再来点狗毛 如何 |
[13:17] | I suppose you got to be throwing Eddie out by the dumpster next? | 我想你接下来就该把Eddie扔垃圾箱边上了 |
[13:19] | Oh, dad, I don’t want you to carry on this way. | 老爸 你别纠结了 |
[13:21] | We’re after all talking about a 25-year-old broken-down chair! | 这是一张用了二十五年的坏椅子 |
[13:24] | If you don’t like this chair, | 你要是不喜欢这张 |
[13:25] | I’ll get you another one, any chair you want! | 我给你买张新的 你想要哪张都行 |
[13:27] | All right, I’ll tell you what chair I want. | 好 我就告诉你我想要哪张 |
[13:29] | I want the chair I was sitting in | 我想要那张坐在上面 |
[13:32] | when I watched Neil Armstrong take his first step on the Moon, | 看着尼尔阿姆斯特朗在月球上面踏出第一步 |
[13:35] | and when the US hockey team beat the Russians | 看着第十八届奥林匹克运动会上 |
[13:37] | in the Eigteenth Olympics. | 美国曲棍球队打败了俄国队的椅子 |
[13:38] | I want the chair I was sitting in the night | 我想要那张某晚坐在上面 |
[13:41] | you called me to tell me I had a grandson. | 你打电话说我有了一个孙子的椅子 |
[13:43] | I want the chair I was in all those nights when your mother used to | 那张许多个晚上 你母亲 |
[13:47] | wake me up with a kiss | 用她的一个吻 |
[13:48] | after I’d fallen asleep in front of the television. | 来唤醒在电视前睡着的我的椅子 |
[13:50] | You know, I still fall asleep in it. | 你知道吗 我仍然会在上面睡着 |
[13:53] | And every once in a while when I wake up | 时不时地 当我醒来 |
[13:57] | I still expect your mother to be there ready to lead me off to bed. | 我依然期盼着你母亲来叫我去睡觉 |
[14:03] | Oh, never mind. It’s only a chair. | 不说了 不过是一张椅子而已 |
[14:08] | Come on, Eddie. | 来吧 Eddie |
[14:16] | Hey, Frasier. How was your weekend? | 嘿 Frasier 周末过得如何 |
[14:18] | Hellish. | 地狱一般 |
[14:18] | Great! Let me tell you what happened to me. | 很棒嘛 我要告诉你我干了啥 |
[14:21] | I had the most incredible date Saturday night! It was really hot! | 周六晚上我有个超棒的约会 真的很赞 |
[14:25] | – So Sunday, I’m driving home… – Sunday? | – 周日 我开车回家 – 这就蹦到周日了 |
[14:28] | I told you it was hot. | 我说了很赞嘛 |
[14:30] | So, anyway, my car breaks down right in front of this church, | 不管怎样 我的车在一个教堂前面抛锚了 |
[14:33] | and all the people are just coming out after the show… | 当时人们看完表演都在往外走 |
[14:35] | – It was service. – What? | – 那是礼拜 – 啥 |
[14:37] | Churches don’t have shows, they have services. | 教堂里没有表演 他们做礼拜 |
[14:39] | – Can I finish my story? – All right. | – 我能说完我的故事么 – 好吧 |
[14:41] | Thank you. So, I walked up to the minister. Is that alright? | 谢谢了 所以 我走向这个牧师 是这么叫吧 |
[14:44] | And I ask him if I can use his phone, | 问他可不可以用他的电话 |
[14:47] | and he tells me my sweater’s on inside out. | 然后告诉我我的毛衣穿反了 |
[14:51] | One thing led to another. | 事情就这样一步步发生了 |
[14:53] | We have a date tonight. Ministers aren’t celibate, are they? | 我们今晚要约会 牧师不被禁欲的 是吧 |
[14:57] | Not that I don’t love a challenge. | 也不是说我不乐于挑战 |
[15:01] | You know, Roz. Maybe you should take a sick day sometime, | Roz 也许哪天你应该请个病假 |
[15:03] | call into the show yourself. | 给节目打个电话 |
[15:07] | You’re on the air. | 开始广播了 |
[15:09] | Good afternoon, Seattle. This is Dr Frasier Crane. | 下午好 西雅图 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[15:13] | Before I take my first caller, | 接进第一个电话之前 |
[15:15] | I’d like to make a personal appeal. | 我有个私人请求 |
[15:17] | Last Saturday, my father’s chair | 上周六 我父亲的椅子 |
[15:20] | was taken from in front of the Elliot Bay Towers. | 在Elliot湾塔前被顺走了 |
[15:23] | And it’s a runny, split-pea green and mud-brown striped recliner ? | 是一张粘糊糊的 豌豆绿色和泥棕色条纹的躺椅 |
[15:28] | with some stuffing popping | 还有一些填充物从 |
[15:30] | out from underneath a strip of duct tape. | 胶带底下冒出来 |
[15:35] | As incredible as it may seem. | 也许听起来难以置信 |
[15:36] | I’m offering a handsome reward for | 但我将对它的安全归还提供 |
[15:39] | its safe return. Thank you. | 一份可观的回报 谢谢大家 |
[15:41] | – And now, Roz, who’s on line one? – It’s John… | – Roz 一号线上的是 – 是John |
[15:44] | So remember, Stephanie, | 要牢记 Stephanie |
[15:45] | a little emotional flexibility is a good thing. | 一些情感上的灵活性是好事情 |
[15:48] | Just as the mighty oak snaps and falls in a windstorm, | 就像强壮的橡树会在风暴中折断倒下 |
[15:51] | so the weeping willow bends and lives to see another day. | 但是低垂的柳树却可以看见第二天的太阳 |
[15:56] | Thank you for your call. So, Roz, any update on the chair? | 谢谢你的来电 Roz 关于椅子有什么新消息吗 |
[16:01] | Oh, yeah. The calls have been pouring in. | 噢 是啊 电话蜂拥而止 |
[16:03] | Really? And what are they? | 真的吗 都说的啥 |
[16:05] | Well, so far it’s in spotted at the top of the Space Needle, | 至今为止 有人看到它太空针塔顶上 |
[16:07] | in the Governor’s mansion… | 在州长的公馆里 |
[16:09] | And one man named Steven saw it flying over his house, | 还有一个叫Steven的男子自称看见它飞过他的屋顶 |
[16:12] | but thought it was just a spaceship from tacky planet. | 但以为只是一艘来自某个俗气星球的太空船 |
[16:17] | Funny stuff, people. Well, let’s just go to commercial break | 真是有意思啊 同志们 让我们休息一下 |
[16:21] | so you all can chuckle through these words from Yukon Lumber. | 让你们可以从Yukon木材公司的广告中得到乐趣 |
[16:26] | Ingrates! | 忘恩负意啊 |
[16:28] | I dedicate my life to clear away their psychic debris, | 我奉献毕生清理他们的灵魂碎片 |
[16:30] | and this is how they repay me. | 这就是他们报答我的方式 |
[16:32] | Uh-huh. I got it. He’ll be there just as soon as the show is over. | 是的 我知道了 节目一完他就过去 |
[16:35] | Thank you so much. | 十分感谢你 |
[16:36] | What? What is it? | 什么 怎么了 |
[16:36] | Frasier, I found the chair! | Frasier 我找到那张椅子了 |
[16:38] | Oh, great. Oh, thank God! | 太好了 谢天谢地 |
[16:39] | By tonight, my dad will be safely back | 今晚 老爸就能安全回到他那张 |
[16:41] | in his beer-stained, flea-infested, duct-taped recliner, | 酒渍斑斑 跳蚤泛滥 胶带满驻的躺椅上了 |
[16:45] | adjusting his shorts on with one hand | 一只手调整内裤 |
[16:46] | and cheering on Jean-Claude van Damme with the other. | 另一只手为Jean-Claude van Damme欢呼 |
[16:49] | Yes, it’s quite a little | 没错 这确实是 |
[16:51] | piece of heaven I’ve carved out for myself. | 为我自己辛劳开垦出来的一小片天堂 |
[17:04] | OK, OK, that… that was nice. | 好吧 好吧 还 还算不错 |
[17:08] | Er, but let’s just remember, | 但是你要记得 |
[17:11] | there is a very fine line between good acting and hamming it up. | 好的表演与过分装模做样之间还是有明显界线的 |
[17:14] | – Let’s try it again. – Excuse me… | – 再来一次 – 抱歉打扰一下 |
[17:16] | Mrs Warren, I can’t find my moustache. | Warren老师 我找不到我的胡子了 |
[17:18] | I can’t remember any of my lines, Mrs Warren. | 我一句台词也记不住 Warren老师 |
[17:21] | – I’m really nervous. – Me too. | – 我超紧张的 – 我也是 |
[17:23] | Ok, people, people. Can I have all of you here for a second? | 好了 同学们 同学们 过来一下好吗 |
[17:26] | Mrs Warren? | Warren老师 |
[17:32] | This isn’t Broadway, it’s junior high. | 这又不是百老汇 不过是初中 |
[17:34] | No reason at all to be nervous. | 完全没有理由紧张 |
[17:37] | We’ll just go out there tonight | 今晚我们只需走上舞台 |
[17:39] | in front of family and friends and have some fun, OK? | 在家人与朋友面前享受表演 好吗 |
[17:42] | – OK! – One more thing goes wrong, | – 好的 – 要是再有一件事出差错 |
[17:45] | I’ve got to take my own life. | 我就要自我了断 |
[17:49] | – Well, if I could just have a word with you. – I’m sorry. | – 能和你说两句话吗 – 真是抱歉 |
[17:52] | 45 minutes to curtain goes up, | 四十五分钟后幕布就要升起 |
[17:53] | a very shaky production of “Ten Little Indians”. | 一场乱七八糟的<十个印第安小男孩>就要开演了 |
[17:56] | “Ten Little Indians”. I thought I recognised the mise en scene. | <十个印第安小男孩> 我说这摆设咋那么熟悉呢 |
[17:59] | I did this play years ago. | 许多年前我演过啊 |
[18:01] | “On the contrary may ya, | “事实恰恰相反 |
[18:02] | “Many a psychotic killer would appear to be quite normal. | “许多变态杀手表面看上去很正常 |
[18:06] | You say you can never suspect that underneath that calm exterior | 可以说你永远不会怀疑在那平静的外表之下 |
[18:10] | There lies the heart of a maniac. Ha-ha.” | 隐藏着一个疯子的内心 哈哈” |
[18:13] | It happens to be true, by the way. | 顺便说一下 这是真的 |
[18:18] | – Who are you? – Oh, I’m Dr Frasier Crane. | – 你是谁 – 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[18:22] | From the radio. KACL talk… Well, never mind. | 电台的 KACL频道 算了吧 |
[18:26] | Listen, someone told me that my chair would be here. | 有人告诉我 我的椅子在这里 |
[18:28] | And I’m sure enough it is. So I’ll just | 我肯定就是这张了 如果可以的话 |
[18:29] | get this out of your hair, if I may. | 我这就把这个麻烦搬走 |
[18:31] | Excuse me. But that doesn’t go anywhere. | 不好意思 但它哪也不能去 |
[18:34] | Right now this chair’s the most entertaining thing on stage. | 此时此刻这张椅子是舞台上最具娱乐性的事物了 |
[18:37] | – That’s quite true, but… – Ow! Ah! | – 这倒是事实 但 – 嗷 啊 |
[18:40] | Don’t worry about it, honey. Just run along to the nurse’s office. | 亲爱的 别担心 赶紧去护士室 |
[18:43] | I’m sure you’ll be fine. They’ll have you back here in no time. | 你不会有事的 他们马上就会弄好 |
[18:46] | I am so sick of being positive. | 我已经对保持乐观厌倦透了 |
[18:48] | You see, you don’t understand. This chair belongs to my father, | 你不明白 这椅子是我爸的 |
[18:51] | and I must return it to him. | 我必须还给他 |
[18:53] | Sir, you can have your chair back in two weeks. | 先生 两周后椅子可以还你 |
[18:57] | I don’t understand. I’m in a difficult position here. | 我就不明白了 我现在正处于困境当中 |
[18:59] | Difficult? You want difficult? | 困境 你想要困境 |
[19:02] | I have a set that falling part, | 我有一个快要散架的破布景 |
[19:04] | leading man whose voice changed precisely at 3:00 this afternoon, | 一个在今天下午三点整变声了的男主角 |
[19:08] | and my name is spelt wrong in the programme! | 而且节目单上我的名字竟然拼错了 |
[19:13] | See what I did there, Palm Ryan? That’s | 看到我刚才的样子了吗 Palm Ryan 那才是 |
[19:15] | the kind of anger I need from you and in the accusation scene. | 我需要你在那场指控戏中要表现出的愤怒 |
[19:19] | Ok, listen. I’ll give you $200 to get yourself a new chair. | 好了 这样吧 我给你两百块去买把新椅子 |
[19:22] | Forget it. | 别闹了 |
[19:23] | Mrs Warren, I realise you are in a terrible position here. | Warren老师 我知道你十分为难 |
[19:25] | But I am speaking to you now from the heart. | 但我是很诚心诚意的 |
[19:27] | You see, by putting this chair into the trash, I have wounded my father. | 把椅子扔进垃圾箱 我已经深深地伤害了我爸 |
[19:30] | I realise it’s just a chair to you. | 对你来说它只不过是张椅子 |
[19:31] | But to him, it is a treasure trove of life memories | 但对他来说 却是珍贵的生命回忆宝库 |
[19:34] | that I have thoughtlessly discarded | 而我却如此草率地丢之门外 |
[19:36] | because I didn’t like the way it looked in my living room! | 只因为我不喜欢它在我客厅里的样子 |
[19:39] | I have sacrificed heart and soul for form and function! | 我为了外形和功能把内心和灵魂都抛弃了 |
[19:42] | Believe me. I am terribly ashamed myself for that! | 相信我 为此我惭愧不已 |
[19:44] | This chair is the last best chance | 这张椅子是我与父亲建立起 |
[19:46] | to forge a kind meaningful | 长远良好关系的 |
[19:47] | relationship with the only father I’ll ever have! | 最后的一个机会 |
[19:53] | People, were you all listening to that? | 同学们 你们刚才都有在听吗 |
[19:56] | Because you could learn a lot from this man. | 因为你们可以从这个人身上学到很多 |
[19:59] | That speech he just gave is a perfect example | 刚才那番演讲绝妙地展示了 |
[20:03] | of the kind of hammy overacting I don’t want to see out | 在这场表演中我不想看到 |
[20:05] | of any of you for this entire run. | 你们当中任何人会出现的浮夸和做作 |
[20:07] | – Just hold on for a minute! – Mrs Warren! | – 你啥意思 – Warren老师 |
[20:10] | What is it, Joey? | 怎么了 Joey |
[20:10] | Bobby Mcduck just threw up backstage! | Bobby Mcduck在后台吐了 |
[20:12] | Perfect. My Dr Armstrong has opening-night jitters. | 太好了 我的Armstrong医生为首夜演出紧张呢 |
[20:15] | No, it’s not jitters, it’s stomach flu. He’s in the nurse’s office. | 不 不是紧张 是急性胃肠炎 他去了护士室 |
[20:19] | Oh, well, what else can you do? You’ll have to cancel the performance. | 你还能怎么办呢 你不得不取消演出了 |
[20:21] | Too bad. I’ll just take this alone with me. | 真是太糟糕了 我这就把它拉走吧 |
[20:23] | I can’t cancel. I have 300 parents in their cars already. | 我不能取消 有三百位家长已经在来的路上了 |
[20:27] | Well, I’m sure somehow the American theatre will survive. | 我相信美国戏剧能熬过这一劫的 |
[20:29] | Can’t do the show without Dr Armstrong. | 没有Armstrong医生不行啊 |
[20:32] | It’s too important in the plot. | 他对戏剧情节是至关重要的 |
[20:33] | I know, that’s the part I played. | 我了解 那是我以前扮演的角色 |
[20:36] | You played Dr Armstrong? | 你扮演过Armstrong医生 |
[20:37] | Well, yes… Oh, no. You’re not thinking… | 是啊 不是吧 你不是想 |
[20:40] | How badly do you want your chair? | 你有多想要回你的椅子 |
[20:43] | I’m sorry. It’s out of the question! | 我很抱歉 但这绝对不可能 |
[20:45] | You know, it would be a real shame if something… | 你知道吗 真的会很可惜 如果有什么事 |
[20:49] | Oh!…happened to this chair. | 啊 发生在这椅子上的话 |
[20:54] | But it’s been years! I hardly can remember any of the lines! | 但已经过去那么多年了 我压根记不住几句台词了 |
[20:57] | Then you’ll fit right in. | 那你就更合适了 |