时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Hello, Steven, I’m listening. | 你好 Steven 你请说 |
[00:12] | well, you see Dc Crane, | Crane医生 |
[00:14] | my wife Tracy and I are having a baby, | 我和我老婆Tracy准备要孩子了 |
[00:15] | and I know we’re getting a little ahead of ourselves | 我知道这样有点操之过急 |
[00:17] | but there seems to be a lot of different advice about | 但是有个问题好像大家都众说纷纭 |
[00:19] | whether it’s OK to let your kid get into bed with you in the morning. | 就是能不能让孩子早上爬进你的被窝一起睡 |
[00:23] | Uh. Stop right there, Steven. It’s OK. | 啊 打住 Steven 当然可以 |
[00:26] | All relationships require that kind of | 所有的情感都需要那种 |
[00:28] | close and undivided attention,isn’t that so, Roz? | 亲密接触和全心全意 是不是啊 Roz |
[00:31] | Uh-huh. | 嗯啊 |
[00:34] | But What if you and your wife enjoy, you know, | 但如果你们夫妻就喜欢 |
[00:37] | making love in the morning? | 早上再来一发怎么办 |
[00:38] | Oh, trust me, after the baby comes, that won’t be an issue any more. | 相信我 等宝宝出生以后 就不会有这个问题了 |
[00:45] | This is Dr Frasier Crane on KACL. | 我是Frasier医生 这里是KACL电台 |
[00:47] | We’ll be back after these messages. | 广告之后继续 |
[00:50] | Roz, how can you be reading now? | Roz 你怎么会现在读书呢 |
[00:52] | Oh, I don’t know. It’s something I picked up in elementary school, | 我也不懂啊 就是小学时候老师教的 |
[00:55] | and it stuck. | 然后就变成这样啦 |
[00:57] | Just what is it that’s so captivating? | 什么东西 这么有魅力 |
[00:59] | “Slow Tango In South Seattle”. | <南西雅图的一曲台湾探戈> |
[01:01] | Oh, god. Not you too. | 神呐 怎么你也这样 |
[01:02] | Why is that every woman I see is carrying that book around? | 怎么最近每个女人手里都拿着这本书 |
[01:04] | Because it’s impossible to put down. Look, read the first paragraph. | 因为拿起来就放不下了 来 你读读第一段 |
[01:08] | I guarantee you’ll be hooked. | 我保证你会入迷的 |
[01:12] | “There are tangos that come flowing from the wine-coloured sea… | “有一种探戈 随着酒红色的海洋而来” |
[01:17] | “From the rust of a hundred sunken ships. | “从数百条沉船的斑斑锈迹中而来” |
[01:22] | “This is one of those dances.” | “眼前的就是那样的舞蹈” |
[01:24] | – Well? – There are books… | – 怎么样 – 有一种书 |
[01:28] | that make your stomach rumble, | 让你的胃咕咕作响 |
[01:31] | and lurch and thrust your lunch ever upwards. | 一路把你的午饭边晃边推到喉咙口 |
[01:36] | This is one of those books! | 眼前的就是这种书 |
[01:40] | You men are all alike. You have no soul. | 男人都一个德行 你们没有灵魂 |
[01:43] | Except for this one. | 除了他 |
[01:45] | The future Mr. Roz Doyle: Thomas Jay Fallow. | 我未来的老公 Thomas Jay Fallow |
[01:48] | – Oh my God, it’s him! – What,do you know him? | – 天呐 是他 – 什么 你认识他 |
[01:50] | Yes. Yes, he used to drop into a neighborhood bar | 嗯 以前住Boston的时候 |
[01:53] | I frequented back in Boston. | 经常在小区附近的酒吧碰到他 |
[01:55] | It was a bit pretentious, though he stuck out like a sore thumb. | 这样说有点刻意 但他实在太格格不入了 |
[02:00] | You used to drink with Thomas Jay Fallow? | 你和Thomas Jay Fallow一起喝过酒 |
[02:02] | Well, actually I spent a lot of my time | 实际上 我曾经花了很多时间 |
[02:05] | helping him get through his writer’s block. | 帮助他突破写作瓶颈 |
[02:07] | In future, I’ll remember to use my powers for good, | 以后我只用自己的力量帮助好人 |
[02:09] | not for evil. | 而不是这种坏人 |
[02:12] | Well, I don’t care what you think about him. | 我才不管你怎么看他 |
[02:14] | He’s coming here to station tomorrow | 他明天会来这里 |
[02:15] | to be on Amber Edward’s “Bookchat” | 上Amber Edward的”评书节目” |
[02:17] | and you’re going to introduce us. | 得由你来引荐他 |
[02:18] | Oh, no, no, no, no, I can’t see him. | 不不不不 我不要见他 |
[02:20] | I’ll have to tell him how much I liked his book. | 否则我得假装很喜欢他的书 |
[02:21] | You know how hard it is to lie to someone’s face. | 你知道当着别人的面撒谎有多难啊 |
[02:24] | Oh no, it’s easy for someone as bright, | 才不呢 对于你这么聪明 |
[02:26] | charming and articulate as you. | 有魅力又善于言辞的人来说才不难呢 |
[02:29] | Well, then perhaps you’re right. | 好吧 你说得有道理 |
[02:33] | See how easy it is? | 看 简直易如反掌啊 |
[02:41] | Eight, nine… Stop it, Eddie! | 八 九 别闹了Eddie |
[02:46] | Oh.He just wants to play, huh boy? | 他只是想一起玩 是吧 |
[02:48] | Yeah, well, therapy is not a game. Stop it! Stop it, I said! | 康复训练可不是游戏 停 停下来 听到没 |
[02:54] | If he keeps this up then there’s no point in us going on with these exercises. | 如果它再这样 我们也没必要继续锻炼了 |
[02:57] | Attaboy! | 乖狗狗 |
[03:02] | – Hello, Dr. Crane. – Hello Daphne. | – 你好 Crane医生 – 你好 Daphne |
[03:03] | – Hey, Niles. – Ah! Doing your exercises I see? | – 嘿 Niles – 啊 在做训练嘛 |
[03:06] | Yes, and if someone doesn’t let us get on with them, | 是的 如果有人打扰我们锻炼 |
[03:09] | he’s gonna get a little spank on his fanny. | 我一定狠狠地打它的小屁股 |
[03:22] | Don’t…don’t let me… | 别 别让我 |
[03:24] | – Unless you want to! – What’s up? | – 除非你真的想要 – 什么事 |
[03:29] | Oh well, when I brought you a beer in your room the other day | 前两天我把啤酒送到你房间的时候 |
[03:32] | I couldn’t help but notice you had pictures of Frasier and Frederick | 留意到你有Frasier和Frederick的照片 |
[03:36] | and an autographed one from someone named Ken Griffey Jr, but… | 还有某个叫小Ken Griffey的人的签名照 |
[03:41] | none of Maris and me. | 但是没有我和Maris的 |
[03:42] | So I brought you this. | 所以我带了这个给你 |
[03:44] | Oh gee,thanks. | 哦 多谢啊 |
[03:46] | Why is Maris still wearing jodhpurs? | Maris怎么穿着骑马裤啊 |
[03:48] | She hasn’t taken up horseback riding, has she? | 她不会开始上马术课了吧 |
[03:50] | No, no, she wanted to, | 没有 虽然她很想 |
[03:51] | but unfortunately her little quadriceps are so tight | 但可惜她腿上的四头肌太紧了 |
[03:53] | she isn’t capable of straddling anything larger than a Border collie. | 跨不上任何比牧羊犬大的生物 |
[04:04] | I can’t believe this! I simply can’t believe this. | 我不敢相信 我真的不敢相信 |
[04:06] | What are you bappin’ about? | 你在激动什么呢 |
[04:08] | This, this book! It’s written by a man I knew. | 就这 这本书 我认识这个作者 |
[04:11] | He’s taken an incident from my own life, | 他把我的一件私事 |
[04:13] | something I shared with him in confidence one night, | 曾经某个晚上悄悄和他说的一件事 |
[04:15] | and he turned it into this…this trash! | 拿来写成了这么本 垃圾 |
[04:17] | “Slow Tango”? Well, I just started reading that. | <台湾探戈> 我刚开始读这本书 |
[04:21] | You mean to tell me that young man | 你是说那个年轻人的原型 |
[04:23] | is based on you,Dc Crane? | 就是你吗 Crane医生 |
[04:25] | Yes,he is. But did Thomas Jay Fallow have the grace to thank me? No! | 是的 但是Thomas有点谢我的意思吗 没有 |
[04:29] | My name isn’t even listed in his acknowledgements. | 书上的致谢词根本没提到我 |
[04:32] | What’s it about anyway? | 到底什么私事啊 |
[04:33] | – That is not important. – It’s about his first time. | – 这不重要 – 关于他的第一次 |
[04:39] | Thank you, Daphne! | 我谢你啊 Daphne |
[04:40] | Your first time doing what? | 你什么的第一次啊 |
[04:46] | Changing a flat tyre! | 换轮胎 |
[04:50] | Oh,so this whole book’s about the night | 所以这本书是关于你 |
[04:52] | you conceived Frederick! | 造Frederick的那一夜啊 |
[04:55] | Very amusing, dad. I’ll have you know that wasn’t my first time. | 真好笑啊 老爸 告诉你 那才不是我的第一次 |
[04:59] | Hey, I’m happy to know it wasn’t your only time! | 你这辈子竟然不止一次 我真是老怀安慰 |
[05:04] | – Just who was this charitable lass? – That is not important. | – 这位有爱的姑娘是谁啊 – 这不重要 |
[05:08] | – His piano teacher. – His piano teacher? | – 他的钢琴老师 – 他的钢琴老师啊 |
[05:11] | Thank you again, Daphne! | 我谢你全家啊 Daphne |
[05:13] | Oh, it’s not like it’s a secret. | 反正都已经不是秘密了 |
[05:15] | I mean it’s all right there in black and white. | 白纸黑字写在那儿呢 |
[05:18] | About your awkward teenage lunging, | 你少不更事时尴尬的”戳来戳去” |
[05:20] | and how you used to call your chest hair your “Rug of love”. | 你曾经把胸毛叫做”爱的垫子” |
[05:26] | Well not all of this is true, he did take some literary licence. | 不全是真的 他绝对是做过文学修饰的 |
[05:29] | Oh, then you’re not really able to | 所以你并没有真的 |
[05:31] | “bring a woman to hidden realms of ecstasy | “用豹子般迅猛的技术 |
[05:33] | with your panther-like prowess?” | 带给她世上罕有的高潮咯” |
[05:36] | That part he got right. | 这部分他是如实描述的 |
[05:40] | Boy,this really fries me.You know,that woman taking advantage of my kid. | 太气人了 这女人占了我儿子的便宜 |
[05:44] | Not to mention I was putting out $10 a week for piano lessons | 而且我还每周付她10美元 |
[05:46] | so you can get your hedge trimmed. | 就为了让她”修”你的”树篱” |
[05:51] | Wait a minute! We’re not talking about Miss Warner? | 等一下 你说的不会是Warner老师吧 |
[05:55] | Don’t tell me this was going on in your lessons too? | 别告诉我你上课的时候也上演了这一出 |
[05:58] | No, you’ll be relieved to know that | 不 你一定会稍感安慰 |
[05:59] | while Frasier was getting his Rachmaninoffs, | 因为Frasier在音乐课上逍遥的时候 |
[06:01] | I was actually studying music! | 我可是在认真上课呢 |
[06:05] | Now, look! | 听着 |
[06:06] | This was not some tawdry older woman lusting after young flesh! | 这不是什么俗艳的老女人猥亵年轻人的故事 |
[06:12] | Clarice and I cared for each other. | 我和Clarice是真心的 |
[06:14] | She showed me a world I’d never known, | 她带我领略了全新的世界 |
[06:17] | and… wouldn’t know again | 自那以后 再见到那个世界 |
[06:19] | for six and a half years. | 已经是六年半以后了 |
[06:24] | You know, it’s true. As Mr Fallow put it, | 真的 正如Fallow先生写的 |
[06:27] | she saw your sensitive, poetic side, | 她看到你感性的诗意的一面 |
[06:30] | and you couldn’t help noticing the way he ripe, | 而她成熟又上下起伏酥胸划过你脸庞时 |
[06:33] | heaving bosom would brush your cheek | 你也情难自制 |
[06:35] | when she reached for the metronome. | 在每次她伸手去拿节拍器的时候 |
[06:37] | How can a man who drank so heavily remembered so much? | 一个烂醉的人怎么能记得这么多 |
[06:42] | And yet he still conveniently forgets who told him the story. | 但他就这么轻而易举地忘了故事的讲述者 |
[06:45] | Yes, well he’s going to get a little reminder today! | 我今天就让他长点记性的 |
[06:49] | – No, no! – Give me. I want it. Give it to me. | – 不 不行 – 给我 我要看 给我 |
[06:53] | “I budded when you kissed me. | “当你吻我时 我内心萌芽了” |
[06:55] | “I withered when you left me. | “当你离开我 花朵随之凋谢” |
[06:57] | “I bloomed a few months while you loved me.” | “当你爱我时 我盛开了几个月” |
[07:02] | – Would you calm down? – Not until I have exacted my pound of flesh. | – 你能冷静点嘛 – 除非等我讨回公道 |
[07:06] | Could you at least wait till I get my book signed. | 至少等我先拿到签名吧 |
[07:08] | Oh here, let me sign it for you. It’s my story. | 来 我来帮你签 这是我的故事 |
[07:10] | Frasier,stop it! | Frasier 住手 |
[07:11] | Roz,Roz.You haven’t told anyone about this,have you? | Roz 你还没有告诉别人吧 |
[07:14] | They’ll have a field day with me. | 他们会跟我没完的 |
[07:16] | Frasier, give me credit for a little discretion,will ya? | Frasier 对我的处事能力有点信心行嘛 |
[07:19] | Hey, piano boy! Way to pound those ivories! | 嘿 钢琴仔 “琴”弹得不错啊 |
[07:26] | Bulldog, Bulldog. Listen, | Bulldog Bulldog 听着 |
[07:27] | it is imperative that this is not commonly known. | 这事不能让大家知道 |
[07:30] | Hey, hey, Doc, it’s no big deal. | 别紧张啊 医生 多大点事儿 |
[07:34] | Anything for you? | 你要什么不 |
[07:36] | I’ve still got some feeling on the other side of my head. | 我这边脑袋也还能用呢 |
[07:40] | Look I had a similar experience when I was 16. | 我16岁时也有类似的经历 |
[07:43] | When an older woman who introduced me to the mysteries of love. | 一个年长的女人带我走进了爱的神秘之地 |
[07:47] | Of course, she was a hooker. | 当然 她是个妓女 |
[07:49] | Hey,it was a birthday present from my dad, OK? | 这是我爸送的生日礼物 好吗 |
[07:54] | You want to know the ironic thing,Doc? | 知道有多讽刺吗 医生 |
[07:56] | All I wanted was a bike. | 我想要的只是一台单车而已 |
[08:03] | Oh come on,Frasier. | 得了吧 Frasier |
[08:05] | How could you expect me not to tell anybody? | 你怎么可能指望我不告诉别人 |
[08:07] | You can’t keep something like that all bottled up. | 你不可能把那样的事压抑在心里 |
[08:09] | I only told one person. | 我只告诉过一个人 |
[08:11] | – Hello, Frasier, Roz! – Hi,Gail. | – 嘿 Frasier Roz – 嗨 Gail |
[08:14] | Oh, I was just finishing my restaurant review for my show this afternoon | 我今天下午为节目准备餐厅评论的时候 |
[08:18] | when I came up with the perfect sandwich, | 在Rosenthal熟食店想到了一个完美的三明治 |
[08:21] | named after you, at Rosenthal’s Deli. | 以你的名字命名 |
[08:23] | Frasier Crane’s Double Decker. | 叫”Frasier Crane双层三明治” |
[08:25] | It consists of aged pheasant, | 里面有老鸡肉 |
[08:27] | spring chicken and plenty of tongue. | 童子鸡 当然还有很多舌头 |
[08:32] | Listen! “I wept as our bodies made the music of love.” | 听着 “我随着彼此身体交织成爱的乐章而哭泣” |
[08:36] | “I’m your rhapsody. Play me.” | “我是你的狂想曲 尽情奏响我吧” |
[08:39] | “Crescendo, my young maestro, crescendo.” | “再快一些 我年轻的导师 让我们再快一些” |
[08:43] | “My vessel yearns to dock in the magnificence of your harbour.” | “我的小船想要停泊在你美丽的港湾” |
[08:49] | Hey,that’s not in the book. | 这句话书里没有嘛 |
[08:53] | There’s one thing I must ask you. | 有一件事我必须要问你 |
[08:55] | What was your inspiration for this poignant love story? | 如此凄美的爱情故事 灵感来自哪里 |
[08:59] | Ooh! Quite quite.It’s his last chance! | 安静 安静 这是他最后的机会 |
[09:02] | Wel Amber, that was actually given to me… by God. | 老实说 Amber 这是上帝给我的灵感 |
[09:06] | By God! | 上帝给的 |
[09:07] | Do you believe this guy’s grandiosity? I’m God and he knows it! | 他脸皮怎么这么厚 我就是上帝 他心里清楚 |
[09:12] | We’ll be right back with | 稍后继续受神灵启迪的 |
[09:14] | the divinely-inspired Thomas Jay Fallow | Thomas Jay Fallow的故事 |
[09:17] | right after this station break. | 广告之后马上回来 |
[09:20] | Will you excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[09:22] | I want to call my husband and see if he can take a long lunch. | 我要给老公打个电话 让他午饭多吃一会儿 |
[09:30] | Thomas Jay Fallow Thomas Jay Fallow. | |
[09:34] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[09:35] | Frasier Crane! I can’t believe it! | Frasier Crane 真的是你 |
[09:38] | I see my name hasn’t entirely escaped your sieve-like memory. | 看来我的名字还没有完全从你蹩脚的记忆中消失 |
[09:43] | Why would it? | 怎么会呢 |
[09:44] | Well I didn’t make it in your listed acknowledgements, | 你的致谢词里完全没有提到我 |
[09:46] | you egomaniacal thief! | 你这个自私的小偷 |
[09:49] | You read my book! | 你读了我的书 |
[09:53] | I didn’t have to read it. I lived it. | 我不必读 这就是我的生活 |
[09:55] | Not that anybody would know that | 你在这整整三页的致谢词里 |
[09:57] | from your three pages of your acknowledgements. | 可是只字未提 |
[09:59] | In which you mentioned everyone from your kindergarten teacher | 你提到了所有人 从幼儿园老师 |
[10:01] | to the man who designed the typeface. | 再到发明字体的人 |
[10:02] | But no mention of me? No! | 但是唯独掠过我 唯独我 |
[10:04] | I’m only the man who gave you the story which you have merchandised | 我是故事的所有者 你却把我告诉你的故事 |
[10:07] | into this $1,000,000 treacle machine! | 商业化成一百万的赚钱工具 |
[10:11] | I’m finished now. | 我说完了 |
[10:16] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[10:19] | I don’t know how I could have been so thoughtless. | 我不知道我怎么会这么考虑不周 |
[10:28] | – I owe you everything! – Oh, no, no, no! | – 我欠你太多 – 不 不 不 |
[10:33] | Oh, my God! Frasier, what did you do to the poor man? | 天呐 Frasier 你把人家怎么了 |
[10:38] | Thomas,what happened? | Thomas 怎么了 |
[10:39] | Frasier made him cry. | Frasier把他搞哭了 |
[10:48] | Maris is reading the “Slow Tango in south Seattle”, | Maris正在读<南西雅图的一支台湾探戈> |
[10:50] | I think it has put thoughts in her head. | 我觉得她被洗脑了 |
[10:52] | This morning,I found her | 早上我看到她 |
[10:53] | cooing over the college student who skims the koi pond. | 和一个在鲤鱼池玩滑板的大学生搭讪呢 |
[10:57] | I wouldn’t concern myself. | 我不担心 |
[10:59] | So you think it’s just innocent flirting? | 你觉得这只是普通的交谈吗 |
[11:00] | No. I just wouldn’t concern myself. | 不是 我只是不关心而已 |
[11:08] | – Hey, Frasier. – Hi, Dad, Niles. | – 嘿 Frasier – 嗨 老爸 Niles |
[11:10] | Frasier, congratulations. | Frasier 恭喜啊 |
[11:12] | Maris was listening to “Book Chat” | Maris做海藻全身护理的时候 |
[11:13] | during her seaweed wrap | 正好在听”书评节目” |
[11:14] | and heard Thomas Jay Fallow acknowledge his enormous debt to you. | 听到了Thomas意识到欠你很多的这一段 |
[11:17] | Yes, I had a little chat with him this afternoon. | 是啊 今天下午跟他聊了一会儿 |
[11:20] | – Did you see him properly contrite? – I made him cry. | – 他悔悟了吗 – 我把他弄哭了 |
[11:24] | That’s my boy! | 虎父无犬子啊 |
[11:28] | You must be feeling pretty good.Huh? | 你肯定开心死了吧 |
[11:31] | Actually dad, the entire incident has left me strangely unsatisfied. | 其实 老爸 这整件事情意外地让我很不开心 |
[11:36] | You know,I still feel sort of empty. | 我心里空空的 |
[11:39] | I don’t konw.I’ve been turning it around in my mind all day. | 说不上来 我反复想了一整天 |
[11:42] | God,you kill me,you know? | 杀了我吧 |
[11:43] | You got exactly what you want and you’re still not happy. | 终于得偿所愿了竟然还不高兴 |
[11:46] | Frasier, life is not hard. You make it hard. | Frasier 人生并不艰难 是你自讨苦吃 |
[11:50] | You don’t just let things happen | 你不肯让事情顺其地自然发生 |
[11:52] | and enjoy it. | 不肯就这么乐在其中 |
[11:53] | You’ve got to analyze everything that you can. | 你偏要打破砂锅弄到底 |
[11:55] | You know, you could learn a big lesson from this dog here. | 你可以从这只狗身上学到很多 |
[12:01] | You know what makes him happy? A sock. | 你知道什么可以让他开心吗 一只袜子足矣 |
[12:05] | Come on, Eddie. | 来吧 Eddie |
[12:11] | Ignore him,obviously, | 别管他 很明显 |
[12:13] | what’s troubling you goes deeper than your usual malaise. | 你现在的苦恼比平时更甚 |
[12:15] | – Shame on you! – What for? | – 好意思啊你 – 咋啦 |
[12:18] | What for! You just ran out on her! | 咋啦 你就这么离开了她 |
[12:21] | “Leaving her bed as empty as | “如秋天第一次霜冻后燕子离巢一样 |
[12:23] | a swallow’s nest after fall’s first frost.” | 离开了她的温床” |
[12:26] | And you ask me what for! | 你还问我咋啦 |
[12:31] | I’d just been accepted to Harvard.What else I gonna do? | 我那时刚被哈佛录取 那我还能怎么做 |
[12:34] | Oh.So you just leave in the middle of the night | 所以你就半夜离开了她 |
[12:36] | without so much as a kiss on the forehead. | 连亲一下额头都多余是不是 |
[12:38] | You never said goodbye to Miss Warner? | 你连再见都没有跟Warner老师说 |
[12:41] | She was sleeping so peacefully. | 她当时睡得正香 |
[12:44] | She had an early lesson. | 她第二天一早就有课 |
[12:49] | I left a rose on her pillow. | 我在她枕边留了一朵玫瑰 |
[12:52] | – Aha. – “Aha” What? | – 啊哈 – 啊哈什么 |
[12:54] | “Aha” This: I have a theory. | 啊哈这个 我有结论了 |
[12:56] | Why else would you say “Aha”? | 你这不废话嘛 |
[12:59] | No no no, just listen. | 不不不 先听我说 |
[13:00] | You thought you were angry at Thomas Fallow | 你觉得你在生Thomas的气 |
[13:02] | for failing to thank you for your contribution you made to his life. | 因为你对他的人生做出了贡献 他却没有感谢你 |
[13:04] | But perhaps the person you’re really angry at is yourself. | 但也许你是在生你自己的气 |
[13:07] | you never thank Miss Warner for the contribution she made to your life. | 她对你的人生做出的贡献 你也没有感谢过她 |
[13:12] | I was only 17 years old. I’m sure she understood. | 我那时才17岁 我相信她能理解 |
[13:15] | Uh well,perhaps she didn’t. She was vulnerable, lonely, middle-aged woman. | 也许她不能呢 她是个脆弱孤独的中年女性 |
[13:20] | It is possible that her feelings for you ran deep than you realized, | 很有可能她为你付出的感情比你想的多得多 |
[13:23] | feelings which you crushed when you disappeared | 你当初离开时伤害了那份感情 |
[13:26] | without so much as a thank you or a goodbye. | 连句谢谢和再见都不说 |
[13:28] | Yes, well, thank you and goodbye. | 好吧 谢谢 再见 |
[13:33] | All right. Fine. I’ll just leave you with this thought: | 好吧 我把这点想法说完就走 |
[13:38] | your encounter with Thomas Jay Fallow was unsatisfactory | 你与Thomas的对峙让你不满意 |
[13:41] | because it failed to provide you with the closure you were seeking. | 因为这并不是你所期望的结局 |
[13:43] | For that, you will have to make amends with Miss Warner. Aha. | 因此 你要去找Warner老师道歉 啊哈 |
[13:57] | Very funny, Dad! | 好幽默喔 老爸 |
[14:03] | “He had been a teenage Balboa, | “他就像年轻版的泰森 |
[14:05] | An explorer of the rising pinnacles | 一个在起伏的山峰中探索 |
[14:08] | and gently curving slopes of my body. | 温柔地在我的身体上画出线条的探险家 |
[14:10] | And in one explosive burst of discovery, | 在一次巨大的发现之后 |
[14:13] | He had staked claim to the Pacific Ocean that was my soul. | 他宣称太平洋就是我的灵魂 |
[14:19] | But now, he was leaving, | 但如今 他已离去 |
[14:21] | Going, vanishing, like a solitary boat on the lonely horizon, | 离开 消失 就像孤独的地平线上的一条独木舟 |
[14:26] | Departing like a train, rolling ceaselessly through the night, | 像火车一样出发 在夜色中消去痕迹 |
[14:31] | Exiting swiftly like…” | 飞快地离开 就好像” |
[14:47] | “And so he was gone.” | “他就这么走了” |
[15:00] | “And now, in the cool of the evening, I play my piano, | “如今 在沁凉的夜晚 我弹起钢琴 |
[15:04] | And his last words resonate through the notes: | 他最后留下的话在音符中不断回响 |
[15:07] | I’ll come back to you, my cherished one. | 我终将回到你身边 我的挚爱 |
[15:13] | But he never did. | 但他却一去不返 |
[15:15] | And all that remains of him | 现在剩下的 |
[15:17] | are the withered petals 0f the rose he left upon my pillow.” | 只有我枕边那朵玫瑰凋零后的花瓣” |
[15:50] | Clarice. Time, the subtle thief of youth. | Clarice 时间 真是岁月神偷啊 |
[16:08] | Hello. May I help you? | 你好 有事吗 |
[16:11] | – Ms Warner? – Yes. | – Warner女士 – 我就是 |
[16:14] | I… I’m Frasier Crane. | 我 我是Frasier Crane |
[16:19] | I’m sorry, my memory’s not what it used to be. | 不好意思 我的记性没以前那么好了 |
[16:22] | But, please, come in. | 但是 请进 |
[16:27] | – Would you like to sit down? – Uh, yes, I would. | – 请坐吧 – 好的 |
[16:30] | So, we know each other? | 我们认识吗 |
[16:34] | Well, we were friends. | 是的 我们以前是朋友 |
[16:38] | More than friends,actually. You really don’t remember? | 事实上 不只是朋友 你真的不记得了吗 |
[16:43] | I’m trying. | 我正在努力回忆 |
[16:46] | You must have some recollection | 你一定还有点印象 |
[16:49] | of a fair-haired boy outside your door? | 还记得你房门外的金发男孩吗 |
[16:51] | At the piano? On the piano? | 在钢琴旁 在钢琴上 |
[16:59] | No, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[17:02] | Well listen, before the memories come flooding back to you… | 在回忆如潮水涌来之前 |
[17:04] | I should tell you that | 我应该告诉你 |
[17:08] | we had a romance that didn’t have a happyest endings. | 我们曾经有过一段罗曼史 只不过结局并不完美 |
[17:13] | – Oh! – That’s why I’m here. | – 喔 – 我来这里就是为了此事 |
[17:20] | Our last evening together, | 我们在一起的最后一个晚上 |
[17:21] | we walked through a summer storm | 一起在夏天的暴雨中穿行 |
[17:23] | and I kissed the raindrops off your nose | 我亲吻了你鼻尖的雨滴 |
[17:27] | and promised we’d always be together. | 承诺我们会永远在一起 |
[17:33] | But I broked that promise. | 但是我没有信守承诺 |
[17:35] | You helped a shy adolescent | 你帮助了一个害羞的少年 |
[17:37] | take his first uncertain steps to becoming a man | 迈出了成为男人的犹豫不决的第一步 |
[17:40] | and how do I repaid that kindness? | 而我如何报答这份恩情的呢 |
[17:42] | By running off and leaving you with nothing but just your memories. | 我离开了你 只留下你和那些破碎的回忆 |
[17:45] | And not many of those, either. | 明显也已经不剩多少了 |
[17:49] | – Can you ever forgive me? – Oh, you’re so sweet! | – 你能原谅我吗 – 你真有心了 |
[17:54] | – Of course I can forgive you. – Thank you. Thank you. | – 我当然能原谅你 – 谢谢你 谢谢 |
[17:58] | It’s such a relief to get that off my chest. | 说出来真的解开了一块心结 |
[18:00] | ‘Mother? Mother, I’m going now!’ | 妈 妈 我要走了哦 |
[18:03] | You run along, Clarice! | 你自己去吧 clarice |
[18:05] | Clarice Clarice? | |
[18:07] | Oh, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[18:10] | Dear, this is Frasier Crane. | 亲爱的 这是Frasier Crane |
[18:13] | Apparently, we were quite an item once. | 我们曾经是一对神仙眷侣啊 |
[18:20] | Frasier Crane? What are you doing here? | Frasier Crane 你来这做什么 |
[18:25] | Obviously, making an enormous mistake. | 很明显 来犯一个大错的 |
[18:31] | Mother, would you get us some iced tea, please? | 妈 帮我们倒点冰茶来好吗 |
[18:35] | She’s getting rid of me, but I’ll be back. | 她特意支开我 但我马上就回来了 |
[18:42] | My God! | 我的天呐 |
[18:45] | I can’t believe you’re here. | 不敢相信你来这里了 |
[18:47] | – I mean it’s gotta be 20… – 25. | – 大概有20 – 25 |
[18:51] | 25 years! | 25年了 |
[18:55] | And look at you! | 看你 |
[18:57] | Look at you! You look incredible. | 看看你 你还是那么美 |
[19:00] | Well, sure, compared to my mother. | 当然了 跟我老妈比的话 |
[19:04] | No. | 不 |
[19:07] | That’s… That’s not what I mean. | 我 我不是这个意思 |
[19:09] | You look… | 你看上去 |
[19:11] | – stunning. – Well, thank you. | – 很迷人 – 谢谢你 |
[19:15] | And you, you’ve become a very handsome man. | 你也是 变成了一个帅哥啊 |
[19:20] | – And successful, too. – Thank you. | – 还这么成功 – 谢谢 |
[19:29] | You’re here because of that book, aren’t you? | 你是因为那本书而来的 是吗 |
[19:32] | Yes, and I… I’d like to apologise right off. | 是的 我想马上道歉 |
[19:38] | I told that story with Mr. Fallow in confidence. | 我是把这个故事当作秘密告诉Fallow的 |
[19:41] | It was never meant to be in print. | 从没想过会被写成书 |
[19:43] | There’s no need to apologise. | 没必要道歉 |
[19:46] | That was a lovely time in my life. | 那是我人生中美好的时光 |
[19:51] | It was nice to relive it. | 很高兴能重温它 |
[20:00] | So…are you married? | 那么 你结婚了吗 |
[20:05] | – Divorced. You? – I never married. | – 离了 你呢 – 我一直没结婚 |
[20:10] | Look, I… I came to apologise about more than just the book. | 我的道歉 不单是为了那本书 |
[20:17] | I never felt quite right about the way I left things. | 我那样离开你 其实一直心存愧疚 |
[20:20] | I abandoned you. It was selfish and cowardly. | 我离弃了你 自私而怯懦地离弃了你 |
[20:25] | Oh, Frasier, relax. | Frasier 别这样 |
[20:29] | I always felt guilty for short-changing you on your music lessons. | 我也一直为了故意缩短你的钢琴课课时自责呢 |
[20:38] | Do you still keep it up? | 你还坚持(硬)着吗 |
[20:44] | Oh, the piano? Yes. | 你是说钢琴 是的 |
[20:50] | I was so nervous about coming here | 我来之前还很紧张 |
[20:53] | and god now it just feels like old times. | 现在好像重回旧时光了 |
[20:57] | Sit at middle C. | 坐在中央C的位置 |
[21:00] | Then…the metronome. | 然后 节拍器 |
[21:10] | I, well… Maybe I… maybe I should get going. | 好吧 也许 也许我该走了 |
[21:16] | Clarice,at the risk of sounding a little forward | Clarice 冒着让你觉得太过突然的风险 |
[21:20] | would you like to have a cup of coffee with me? | 一起去喝杯咖啡吗 |
[21:22] | Thanks, but I’ll have to say no. | 谢谢 不用了 |
[21:25] | If you’re worried about the age difference, | 如果你是担心年龄差距 |
[21:26] | believe me, is no longer an issue. | 相信我 这已经不再是个问题了 |
[21:30] | – Hi, honey. Ready to go? – I’ll be right out. | – 亲爱的 准备走了吗 – 马上出来 |
[21:39] | – Are you and he…? – Uh-huh. | – 你跟他是 – 是的 |
[21:41] | I wasn’t interested in 40-year-old men then and I guess I’m still not. | 我以前对四十几岁的老男人没兴趣 现在也一样 |
[21:47] | It’s great to see you again, though. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[21:50] | Bye, Mom! | 再见 妈 |
[21:55] | Good. Now we’re alone. | 太好了 现在只剩下我们俩了 |
[22:04] | See what I did? I put a raindrop on my nose! | 看到我刚才的动作了吗 我在鼻尖放了一滴水珠 |