时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | All right, now. Quiet. It’s getting ready to start. | 好了 安静点 开始了 |
[00:13] | The following is a paid political announcement for Holden Thorpe. | 接下来是Holden Thorpe的付费政治声明 |
[00:16] | You dragged us here to see a commercial for Holden Thorpe? | 你硬要我们留在这就为了看Holden Thorpe |
[00:19] | The man is a fascist. | 那人就是个法西斯 |
[00:21] | He’s like Himmler without the whimsy. | 他就是碌碌无为版的希姆莱 |
[00:25] | And now another American for Holden Thorpe.’ | 现在是另一位支持Holden Thorpe的美国选民 |
[00:28] | Hi, I’m Marty Crane.’ | 大家好 我是Marty Crane |
[00:31] | Oh, dear God! | 我的妈啊 |
[00:32] | ‘For 30 years I was a cop walking the beat in Seattle. | 我在西雅图当了三十年的巡警 |
[00:36] | Then my hip was shattered by an assassin’s bullet | 后来我的臀部被一个凶手射中 |
[00:38] | an assassin who wouldn’t have been on the streets. | 一个本不该出现在街上的凶手 |
[00:40] | if it weren’t for those bleeding hearts we sent to Congress | 如果没有那些我们亲手送进国会的坏家伙 |
[00:43] | ‘I used to carry a gun. Now I carry a cane. | 我过去拿的是枪 现在拿的是拐 |
[00:49] | ‘I’m voting for Holden Thorpe. | 我支持Holden Thorpe |
[00:51] | He’s running because I can’t.’ | 他能竞选 因为我不能跑了 |
[00:56] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[00:57] | Oh, Mr. Crane, I don’t know what to say. | Crane先生 我不知道该说什么了 |
[01:00] | I’m in a state of shock! | 太让我震惊了 |
[01:01] | Aren’t we all? | 我们都震惊了好么 |
[01:03] | I mean, you were wonderful. | 你表现太棒了 |
[01:06] | This calls for a celebration. | 应该庆祝一下 |
[01:07] | What’ll you have? | 你想喝什么 |
[01:08] | Give me a beer. | 啤酒吧 |
[01:11] | Dad, how did this happen? | 爸 这是怎么回事 |
[01:14] | Well, I took a walk to the park last week | 上周我在公园散步 |
[01:17] | and they were having a rally for Thorpe. | 刚好碰上他们在帮Thorpe拉票 |
[01:18] | So I started to talk to one of his people | 就和帮他竞选的人聊了聊 |
[01:21] | and told him I was an ex-cop | 告诉他我以前是个警察 |
[01:22] | and the next thing you know they were shoving a camera in my face. | 然后他们就拿了台摄像机摆在我面前 |
[01:25] | This is appalling.Those people are exploiting you. | 真过分了 这些人在利用你 |
[01:27] | No, they’re not. I like Thorpe. | 才不是呢 我喜欢Thorpe |
[01:29] | Oh, how could you support that odious little hosehead? | 你怎么会支持那个令人作呕的混蛋 |
[01:33] | I once heard him say, | 他以前还说过 |
[01:34] | “Cancer aside, tobacco is good for the economy.” | 虽然会得癌症 但至少烟草促进经济啊 |
[01:38] | He’s gonna put more cops on the street. | 他会加强巡街的警力的 |
[01:39] | Yeah, well, it couldn’t hurt. | 是啊 这总归不会错 |
[01:41] | Now that everyone and his brother’s walking around armed. | 毕竟现在满大街都是带枪的人 |
[01:43] | Makes me glad we don’t have so many guns in England. | 让我很庆幸英国没有这么多枪 |
[01:46] | You don’t need guns. You’ve got kidney pie. | 要枪干嘛 有腰子饼就够了 |
[01:52] | Hello. | 喂 |
[01:54] | It’s Duke. | 是Duke |
[01:56] | Sherry? | 雪利酒 |
[01:57] | I couldn’t possibly, Niles. I’m too upset. | 我不要了 Niles 我太生气了 |
[02:00] | Oh yeah, yeah. I’m glad you liked it, Duke. | 是的是的 很高兴你喜欢 Duke |
[02:03] | Yeah, it was fun. | 是的 很有趣 |
[02:03] | Hey, I’ve got a lot of showbiz secrets to tell you. | 我有很多圈内八卦要跟你说 |
[02:06] | You know they can make you cry on cue by pulling a hair out of your nose? | 为了能哭出来 他们在拍戏的时候会拔你的鼻毛哦 |
[02:11] | What? Really? | 啥 真的吗 |
[02:13] | Oh, guys, quick, over here, | 小子们 快过来 |
[02:14] | channel 14, they’re running my other spot! | 14频道 在播我另一条广告哦 |
[02:17] | Hey, Duke, this one was my idea. | Duke 这次是我自己的创意 |
[02:19] | Remember when Lyndon Johnson | 还记得Lyndon Johnson总统 |
[02:20] | lifted up his shirt to show his scar? | 撩起衣服展示他的伤疤吗 |
[02:22] | ‘Hi, I’m Marty Crane. | 大家好 我是Marty Crane |
[02:24] | Crime isn’t pretty. And if you don’t believe me, look at this. | 犯罪是丑陋的 如果你不信 请看这儿 |
[02:35] | Can I help you, sir? | 需要点什么 |
[02:36] | Yes, what are your specials today? | 今天有什么特别推荐 |
[02:38] | – Kenyan blend. – No, no, no. | – 肯尼亚混合咖啡 – 不 不要 |
[02:40] | Still poaching elephants over there. | 他们还在偷猎大象呢 |
[02:43] | Got something else? | 还有别的吗 |
[02:44] | Dark roast Brazilian. | 巴西重烘焙咖啡 |
[02:45] | Not until they do something about the loss of our rainforests. | 除非他们采取点措施拯救正在消失的雨林 |
[02:49] | Salvadoran? | 萨尔瓦多的呢 |
[02:50] | No, I’ve never forgiven them for their human rights violations. | 不 我永远不会原谅他们对人权的践踏 |
[02:53] | Well then, we’re down to the Hawaiian Kona blend. | 好吧 那就只剩下夏威夷可娜咖啡 |
[02:56] | Or, have they slaughtered too many macadamia nuts? | 除非你嫌弃他们谋杀了太多的夏威夷果 |
[03:02] | That’ll be fine, thank you. | 就这个吧 谢谢 |
[03:06] | – Niles. – Frasier, I can’t stand it. | – Niles – 我受不了了 Frasier |
[03:09] | I just walked by an electronics store | 我刚经过一家电子商店 |
[03:11] | and there in the window were twenty-two television sets | 橱窗里展示的二十二台电视机 |
[03:13] | and on every screen was Dad’s… | 全在播放老爸的 |
[03:16] | …butt. | 屁股 |
[03:19] | I saw it. I don’t know which is worse. | 看到了 我搞不清哪个更糟 |
[03:22] | seeing his butt, or what it stands for. | 是看他的屁股 还是知道它代表的意思 |
[03:26] | I just can’t believe that our father is actually | 我不相信老爸居然会 |
[03:29] | endorsing that self-serving fearmonger. | 支持那个妖言惑众的自私狂 |
[03:33] | I’ve been giving this a lot of thought. | 对于这件事我想了很多 |
[03:34] | And I realized Dad isn’t the problem. | 然后我发现问题并不在老爸身上 |
[03:37] | He’s just supporting the candidate of his choice. | 他只是支持他中意的候选人 |
[03:39] | The problem lies with us. | 问题出在我们身上 |
[03:42] | – Us? We haven’t done anything. – Exactly. | – 我们 我们什么都没做啊 – 正是 |
[03:45] | “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil | 邪恶之所以横行, |
[03:47] | is for good men to do nothing.” | 是因为良善之人无所作为 |
[03:49] | Edmund Burke. | 艾德蒙.伯克 |
[03:50] | I have that quotation in a frame. | 我把这句话裱起来 |
[03:52] | I keep meaning to put it up in my office but I never seem to get around to it. | 一直想挂在办公室里 但还没机会实践 |
[03:57] | Anyway, Frasier, I think the time has come for you and me to get involved. | 反正 Frasier 我们是时候该插手了 |
[04:02] | What are you suggesting? | 你想怎么做 |
[04:03] | I propose we throw our support behind Thorpe’s opponent, Phil Patterson. | 我建议我们支持Thorpe的对手 Phil Patterson |
[04:07] | Well, of course I intend to vote for Patterson. | 当然 我更倾向于投给Patterson |
[04:10] | I had something a little more ambitious in mind. | 我还有更有野心的想法 |
[04:12] | I spoke to some people down at Patterson’s headquarters this morning, | 我今早和Patterson竞选总部的人谈了一下 |
[04:14] | and your name came up. | 提到了你的名字 |
[04:16] | They’d like you to film a TV spot endorsing their candidate. | 他们希望你能做个支持他们候选人的电视广告 |
[04:19] | Niles, listen. I’d really love to help, | Niles 我很愿意帮忙 |
[04:21] | but surely you must realize that as a radio psychiatrist, | 但你肯定知道 作为一名电台心理专家 |
[04:26] | I can’t take a chance of alienating my listeners. | 我不能拿我和听众的关系冒险 |
[04:29] | The people that need my help might be reluctant to call in | 那些需要帮助的人就会不愿意打热线 |
[04:32] | if they knew my political views. | 一旦他们知道了我的政治倾向 |
[04:34] | Well, I wish you’d at least think about it. | 我希望你至少可以考虑一下 |
[04:36] | A candidate like this doesn’t come along that often. | 像这种候选人不是经常有的 |
[04:38] | He’s hard-working. He volunteers weekends at a soup kitchen. | 他工作努力 周末还去救济所当义工 |
[04:42] | He really cares about people. | 他真的很关心普通百姓 |
[04:43] | Finally, a politician who believes in the things we believe in. | 终于有一个政治家居然和我们有一样的信仰 |
[04:46] | Buy a box of chocolate – send a kid to camp? | 买盒巧克力吧 资助孩子去夏令营吧 |
[04:48] | Excuse me, can’t you see we’re talking here?! | 不好意思 你没看见我们在说正事吗 |
[04:58] | Thank you for your call, Susan. | Susan 谢谢你的来电 |
[05:00] | We’ll be right back after this message. | 广告之后 马上回来 |
[05:05] | ‘Crime – it’s epidemic. | 犯罪是一种传染病 |
[05:06] | It strikes fast and it can strike you. | 它能很快爆发 下一个可能就是你 |
[05:09] | ‘I’m Holden Thorpe. You should send me to Washington because… | 我是Holden Thorpe 支持我去华盛顿吧 因为 |
[05:13] | It’s better than having you here! | 总比你待这里好 |
[05:19] | Piece of work, isn’t he? | 他很招人讨厌对吧 |
[05:20] | He makes it sound like it’s either vote for him or be found murdered in bed. | 老是一副不给他投票 总有一天会横尸在床上一样 |
[05:24] | Oh, I wouldn’t be concerned if I were you, Roz. | 如果我是你 我才不会担心 Roz |
[05:26] | What are the chances of finding you there alone? | 你单独出现在床上的概率有多大 |
[05:32] | Hey, sports fan, how they hangin’? | 嘿 运动迷 最近咋样啊 |
[05:33] | Okay, Bulldog. | 不错 Bulldog |
[05:34] | I was talking to Roz. | 我是在和Roz说话 |
[05:44] | Ten seconds. | 倒数十秒 |
[05:46] | So vote for me. My crime program will give the streets back to the people- | 投我一票吧 我的犯罪控制方案会把街道还给大家 |
[05:51] | That’s good. Because with your tax program, | 太好了 多亏了你的税收方案 |
[05:53] | that’s where they’ll be sleeping! | 他们以后也只能睡街上了 |
[05:57] | Welcome back, Seattle. | 欢迎回来 西雅图 |
[05:58] | We’ll be back for just one more phone call after this news break. | 插播完这条新闻后是我们最后一个热线电话 |
[06:01] | And then next up, Bob “Bulldog” Briscoe- | 接下来 Bob “Bulldog” Briscoe |
[06:07] | and the Gonzo Sports Show. | 带来疯狂体育播报秀 |
[06:11] | I’ve asked you not to do that! – Way to be impartial, Doc. | – 我跟你说过不要这么做 – 真够中立的啊 医生 |
[06:15] | You know, I happen to think Thorpe’s a good man. | 不巧啊 我觉得Thorpe是一个好人 |
[06:18] | Who you voting for, that pretty boy Phil Patterson? | 你投票给谁 那个帅小伙Phil Patterson |
[06:20] | Yeah, Patterson’s great. | Patterson很不错的 |
[06:21] | His reapportionment plan makes a lot of sense. | 他的重新分配方案挺合理的 |
[06:23] | Forget it, Roz. He’s happily married. | 死心吧 Roz 人家婚姻是很美满的 |
[06:27] | Yeah, so’s Thorpe. Go figure. | Thorpe也一样 你想啊 |
[06:29] | His wife’s a cow and he still loves her. | 他老婆长得不咋的 他也依然爱她 |
[06:31] | – There’s a bumper sticker. – Back in a minute. | – 好一个愚蠢的车尾贴 – 一分钟后回来 |
[06:35] | Hey, I liked that little shot you took at Thorpe. | 我喜欢你对Thorpe的吐槽点 |
[06:38] | Although our next caller doesn’t seem to share your opinion. | 不过我们下一位听众不太认同你的观点 |
[06:41] | Oh, really? Well, put him on. I welcome contrasting viewpoints. | 真的吗 接进来 我喜欢不同的声音 |
[06:45] | Hello, Seattle, we’re back. Roz, who do we have on the line? | 你好 西雅图 我们回来了 Roz 下位听众是谁 |
[06:48] | On line one we have Holden Thorpe. | 一号线上是Holden Thorpe |
[06:53] | – Go ahead, caller. – ‘Crane? – Thorpe. | – 你好 可以开始说了 – Crane? – Thorpe |
[06:57] | ‘Let me ask you something.Are you married? | 问你个问题 你结婚了吗 |
[06:59] | Divorced. | 离了 |
[07:00] | You ever serve in the military? | 服过兵役吗 |
[07:03] | Well, actually, I have congenitally weak ankles, it’s a family problem. | 这个 我先天脚踝脆弱 家族遗传的 |
[07:07] | I see, I see. So a guy like you | 我明白了 明白了 所以像你这种 |
[07:09] | unmarried, didn’t serve his country | 单身而且没效忠国家的人 |
[07:11] | sees fit to criticize a patriotic family man | 倒是自认为有资格来批评 |
[07:14] | who fought in the Battle of Grenada. | 一个在格林纳达战役中拼杀过的人 |
[07:17] | I went in on the first wave, by the way. | 顺便说下 我是第一波去的 |
[07:19] | On a surfboard, I suppose? | 我猜你是坐冲浪板去的吧 |
[07:24] | If you ask me, | 要我说 |
[07:25] | the day we get the likes of you off the radio | 什么时候像你这种人在电波中消失 |
[07:27] | will be the day America will be a nice, friendly place to live again. | 什么时候美国才能重新变成一个和谐友好的宜居地 |
[07:31] | All right, you’ve said your piece, | 好啊 你说完了吧 |
[07:32] | now you’re gonna listen to mine! | 现在换我说了 |
[07:35] | Hang up on me, will you?! | 你挂我电话是吧 |
[07:36] | Well, all right, even though you may not be listening, | 没关系 即使你不听 |
[07:38] | the people of Seattle are gonna hear what I have to say! | 西雅图的市民也能听到我要说的话 |
[07:40] | No, they won’t. The show ended five seconds ago, | 他们听不到的 节目五秒钟前切掉了 |
[07:42] | I had to send it to traffic. | 我得把线路还给人家 |
[07:53] | Oh, hello there. I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 大家好 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[07:57] | Many of you know me from my radio show, | 很多人都是从我的节目知道我的 |
[07:59] | but today I’m speaking to you as a concerned citizen. | 但今天我是作为一名热心市民在这里讲话 |
[08:03] | As a mental health expert, | 作为一名心理健康专家 |
[08:05] | I’ve been listening to what my good friend Phil Patterson has to say. | 我一直聆听我的好朋友Phil Patterson的想法 |
[08:08] | I like the way his mind works. | 我喜欢他的思考方式 |
[08:12] | He’s a visionary, and he cares about the little people. | 他是有远见的人 关心特殊群体 |
[08:16] | That’s why I’m proud to say I’m behind Phil Patterson for Congress. | 所以我很自豪地说 我支持Phil Patterson加入国会 |
[08:22] | Thanks, Frasier. Together, we can live the dream. | 谢谢你Frasier 我们一起 让梦成真 |
[08:30] | Phil Patterson: the sane choice. | Phil Patterson 明智的选择 |
[08:34] | Okay, guys. Give us about five minutes to adjust the lights, | 好 各位 给我们五分钟调试灯光 |
[08:37] | – and then we’ll shoot it. – Great. | – 然后我们就开始拍 – 好的 |
[08:38] | Yes, yes, adjust those lights. | 好 好 适应下灯光 |
[08:39] | They need to be, uh, lighter and… you know, brighter. | 灯光需要 更白 更亮一点 |
[08:51] | – Thanks again, Frasier. – Oh, our pleasure, Phil. | – 再次谢谢你 Frasier – 不客气 Phil |
[08:53] | The Crane family has a long history of political involvement. | Crane家族参与政治活动有很长的历史了 |
[08:56] | You know, my wife Maris actually has all our servants down | 我的妻子Maris把我家所有佣人都派去 |
[08:59] | at your campaign headquarters licking envelopes. | 你的竞选总部舔信封了 |
[09:03] | – Thank. – She’d do it herself, but the poor thing | – 谢谢 – 她本来想亲自去的 可惜她已经 |
[09:06] | can’t produce saliva. | 分泌不出唾液了 |
[09:18] | – Hello, there. – Oh, Daphne… | 大家好 – Daphne |
[09:19] | I thought we agreed you’d keep him out of here for two hours. | 我们说好你得把他带出去两个小时 |
[09:22] | Well, I walked him around the park, but you know how he gets. | 我带他去公园溜了一圈 但你也知道他那德行啦 |
[09:25] | He starts whining and whimpering until you can’t stand it any longer | 他哎哎呜咽着直到你受不了 |
[09:28] | Oh, don’t let them talk about you like that, little fella. | 别让他们这么说你 小东西 |
[09:31] | She was talking about me. | 她说的是我 |
[09:34] | – Hi. Marty Crane. – Phil Patterson. | – 你好 Marty Crane – Phil Patterson |
[09:37] | You look familiar, Mr. Crane, but I can’t quite place you. | 你看起来很眼熟 Crane老先生 但我想不起来 |
[09:40] | – Let me give you a hint. – Dad! | – 我给你个提示吧 – 爸 |
[09:43] | Just trying to help the guy! | 只是想帮他记起来嘛 |
[09:47] | My father did a commercial for your opponent. | 他为你的竞争对手做了个广告 |
[09:49] | Yes. It came back to me. | 是啊 我想起来了 |
[09:53] | – Hello. Daphne Moon. – Hi. | – 你好 Daphne Moon – 你好 |
[09:55] | You know, my uncle was a political writer for one of those London tabloids. | 我叔叔曾是一名伦敦小报的政治作家 |
[09:59] | I can still remember his biggest scoop. | 我还记得他最轰动的一篇文章 |
[10:01] | The headline read: | 标题写着 |
[10:02] | “High-ranking politician caught wearing women’s clothing.” | “高级政治官员身穿女人的衣服” |
[10:07] | Of course, you turn to page two | 当然啦 翻到第二页 |
[10:09] | and you found out it was Margaret Thatcher, | 你会发现原来是撒切尔夫人 |
[10:11] | but by then you’d already bought the paper. | 但那时候报纸你已经买了 |
[10:19] | Well, thank you, Miss Moon. | 谢谢你 Moon女士 |
[10:21] | Say, Phil, it’s getting a little hot in here. | Phil 这里有点热 |
[10:23] | You want to step out on the balconywith me, | 你想不想一起到阳台上待会 |
[10:25] | – get a little fresh air? – Great. | – 透透气 – 好 |
[10:28] | – Oh, beautiful view. – Thank you. | – 景色真好 – 谢谢 |
[10:32] | Yes, you know, I feel very lucky living here. | 我一直觉得能住在这里是种幸运 |
[10:35] | I’d like to say I feel lucky to be a part of your campaign, as well. | 能为你的竞选出一份力 我也一样觉得荣幸 |
[10:40] | Oh, It’s me who’s lucky. | 幸运的人是我 有你的支持竞选就更给力了 |
[10:41] | It’s quite a boost for an underdog | 有了你的支持 |
[10:42] | to get an endorsement from Frasier Crane. | 我一下咸鱼翻身了 |
[10:44] | Oh, I don’t know if my name carries that much weight. | 我的名字才没那么重的分量呢 |
[10:47] | Oh, come on, people love you. | 别这么说 大家都很喜欢你 |
[10:48] | I’ve listened to your show. | 我有听你的节目 |
[10:51] | To tell the truth, I’ve even thought of calling in. | 说实话 我曾经想过打热线 |
[10:55] | Really? What for? | 是吗 为什么 |
[10:59] | Oh, it’s… kind of sensitive. | 这个有点难以启齿 |
[11:02] | Listen, Phil, as a psychiatrist, | 听着Phil 作为一名心理专家 |
[11:05] | anything you tell me will be kept in the strictest confidence. | 不管你跟我说什么 我都会为你保密 |
[11:10] | You know, it’s funny how the more you bottle things up inside, | 世事总是如此 你越是把事情压在心里 |
[11:14] | the bigger they seem to be. | 反而越压越大 |
[11:18] | Well, I’ve never told anybody this before, but… okay, here goes. | 我从来没和谁提起过 但是 好吧 是这样的 |
[11:26] | Six years ago, | 六年前 |
[11:28] | I was abducted by aliens. | 我被外星人绑架了 |
[11:48] | Aliens? | 外星人 |
[11:51] | They transported me up to their spaceship for a kind of conference. | 他们把我弄到飞船上 出席一个会议之类的 |
[11:55] | They’re very concerned about what we’re doing to our planet. | 他们非常关心我们对地球做的事情 |
[11:59] | Hey, you were right. Now I’ve said it out loud, | 你说的对 我这么说出来以后 |
[12:02] | it’s doesn’t seem like that big a deal. | 就不觉得这件事情有什么大不了的了 |
[12:06] | No. | 是啊 |
[12:11] | They’re ready for you, gentlemen. | 大家都等着你们呢 |
[12:12] | Come on in here and let’s elect a Congressman! | 快进来 我们来选个议员出来吧 |
[12:15] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[12:23] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[12:27] | We’re rolling. And… action. | 各就各位 开始 |
[12:36] | Hello. I’m Dr Frasier Crane. | 大家好 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[12:41] | Many of you know me from my radio show, | 很多人都从我的节目知道我 |
[12:43] | but today I’m speaking to you as a concerned citizen… | 但今天我是作为一名热心市民在这里讲话 |
[12:47] | A deeply concerned citizen. | 非常”热心”的市民 |
[12:53] | As a mental health expert, | 作为一名心理专家 |
[12:54] | I’ve been listening to what my good friend, Phil Patterson, has to say. | 我一直在倾听我的好朋友Phil Patterson的想法 |
[13:01] | I like the way his mind works. | 我喜欢他的思考方式 |
[13:06] | He’s a visionary and he cares about… | 他是一个有远见的人 他关心 |
[13:13] | …the “Little people”. | “特殊”群体 |
[13:20] | That’s why I’m proud to say | 所以我可以很自豪地说 |
[13:22] | that I’m behind Phil Patterson for Congress. | 我支持Phil Patterson当选国会议员 |
[13:27] | Thanks, Frasier. | 谢谢你 Frasier |
[13:33] | Together, we can live the dream. | 我们一起 让”梦”成真 |
[13:38] | Phil Patterson Phil Patterson… | |
[13:40] | the sane choice. | “明智”的选择 |
[13:43] | – OK, cut it! – God, I’m burning up! | – 好 切 – 天呐 我浑身要冒火了 |
[13:50] | Frasier, you were a little nervous on that one. | Frasier 你刚才有点紧张 |
[13:52] | Why don’t you take a couple of minutes and we’ll try it again. | 要不你休息一下 我们再拍一次 |
[13:54] | I got mine on the first take! | 我当时可是一次就过了喔 |
[13:58] | Frasier, may I see you in the kitchen? | Frasier 我们可以到厨房谈谈吗 |
[14:03] | What’s going on in there?You look like a zombie! | 怎么回事 你看起来跟僵尸一样 |
[14:05] | Oh God, Niles! I’ve something I’d really like to get off my chest. | 天呐 Niles 有些事情我很想告诉你 |
[14:08] | But if I told you I’d be violating a doctor-patient confidence. | 但是如果我说了 我就违反了医患间的保密协定 |
[14:11] | Oh, I see. | 我知道了 |
[14:12] | Well, nothing is more sacrosanct than our professional ethics. | 没有什么比职业道德更神圣而不可侵犯的 |
[14:16] | Fortunately, I know a trick to get around them. | 还好我知道一个打擦边球的办法 |
[14:23] | For the next few minutes, I’ll be your psychiatrist. | 接下来的几分钟 我将会是你的心理医生 |
[14:26] | and Then you can spill your guts with impunity. | 你可以掏心掏肺地说而免于责罚 |
[14:29] | – Well, it’s borderline, but I’m desperate! – All right. | – 太触底线了 不过也没其他办法了 – 开始吧 |
[14:32] | Just now, on the balcony, | 就在刚才 在阳台上 |
[14:36] | Phil Patterson told me that he had been… abducted by aliens. | Phil Patterson告诉我他以前被 外星人绑架过 |
[14:43] | Apparently, he was beamed up to the mother ship | 很显然 他被送到母船里 |
[14:48] | for a little interplanetary chitchat. | 参加一个星球之间的谈话 |
[14:58] | This is bad, isn’t it? | 情况很糟糕是不是 |
[15:02] | Niles, this is incredible. It’s just awful. | Niles 简直难以置信 太糟糕了 |
[15:04] | We’re gonna look like such idiots! | 我们会被看成蠢蛋的 |
[15:06] | We? But the whole thing is your idea. | 我们 这都是你的主意啊 |
[15:07] | I know I should never let you get me into politics. | 我就知道不该听你的 掺和什么政治 |
[15:09] | My idea? I can’t believe you have the gall to tell me… | 我的点子 我不敢相信你还有胆说 |
[15:13] | I wanted to stop you. | 我是想阻止你 |
[15:15] | Oh my God, Niles, stop it! This isn’t getting us anywhere! | 天呐 Niles 闭嘴 这样是没办法解决问题的 |
[15:17] | Oh, put that away. | 给我放回去 |
[15:20] | All right. What are we going to do? | 好吧 我们现在该怎么办 |
[15:24] | Well, I think we have to convince Phil to | 我觉得我们应该说服Phil |
[15:25] | drop out of the race and seek professional help. | 退出竞选 寻求专业帮助 |
[15:27] | If Phil drops out, then Thorpe will win. | 如果Phil退出了 那Thorpe就赢了 |
[15:29] | Forget it,Niles! | 放弃吧 Niles |
[15:30] | Well, then you can forget education, and the environment, | 那你也可以放弃教育 环境 |
[15:33] | and funding for the arts… | 还有艺术基金了 |
[15:34] | Are you saying I should still back Phil? | 你是说我应该继续支持Phil |
[15:36] | All right. Answer me this: | 好吧 回答我这个问题 |
[15:37] | can you tell me with any certainty that in such a vast universe | 你能肯定地告诉我 在这么广阔的宇宙空间里 |
[15:41] | there isn’t intelligent life on other planets? | 就不存在其他星球上的高级生命体 |
[15:44] | At the moment, I’m not sure there’s intelligent life in this kitchen! | 现在我不确定这间厨房里有没有高级生命体 |
[15:52] | All right, all right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 好吧 |
[15:53] | Let’s assume that it’s in his imagination. How often does he see these aliens? | 假设这是他的臆想 他见过几次外星人 |
[15:57] | Well, it’s only happened the one time. | 就发生过一次 |
[15:58] | Which might suggest that it was | 所以这更可能是 |
[16:00] | an isolated incident brought on by overwork | 单纯的过劳导致的 |
[16:02] | rather than a pattern of paranoid delusion. | 而不是精神分裂的症状 |
[16:04] | My diagnosis exactly. | 这就是我诊断的结果 |
[16:05] | – Phil has worked hard. – Yes. | – Phil工作很努力 – 没错 |
[16:07] | – He deserves his chance. – Yes. | – 这是他该有的机会 – 没错 |
[16:08] | – He’s still gotta seek professional help. – Yes! The best there is. | – 他依然需要专业的帮助 – 没错 找最好的 |
[16:13] | But we’re not going to turn our backs on him | 但是我们不能在 |
[16:14] | three weeks before the election. | 大选还有三周的时候背弃他 |
[16:16] | No, damn it, we are not. So will you treat him? | 没错 绝对不能 那就你来治他吧 |
[16:18] | Are you kidding? I’m a doctor, not a miracle worker! | 开玩笑吧 我是个医生 不是魔术师 |
[16:24] | I think it’s time I get my eyebrows waxed. | 该给眉毛做一次脱毛了 |
[16:27] | I’m starting to get that Romanian peasant look again. | 我又看起来像罗马尼亚的农民一样了 |
[16:31] | Of course, it doesn’t help that I didn’t get any sleep last night. | 不过我昨晚一夜没睡 这也救不了我 |
[16:35] | Dating a snorer? | 床伴爱打鼾吗 |
[16:38] | You know, Frasier, I’m getting just a little tired of | Frasier 我真的开始烦你了 |
[16:40] | your constant insinuation that I sleep around. | 老是这样含沙射影地说我私生活混乱 |
[16:43] | I didn’t get any sleep because of that idiot Chopper Dave. | 我没睡好是因为那个白痴直升机男Dave |
[16:46] | When he gets bored doing traffic reports | 他写交通报告写到烦的时候 |
[16:48] | he likes to buzz people’s apartments in his helicopter. | 就会到别人公寓门口开直升机 烦别人 |
[16:51] | Oh, I can see how that would be annoying. | 我可以想象有多烦人 |
[16:53] | Well, it didn’t bother me much, | 这个倒没怎么烦到我 |
[16:54] | but the guy I was with is a Vietnam vet and he started having flashbacks. | 但是我床上那个越南兽医 被吓到不断记忆闪回 |
[17:01] | Greetings, losers! Have you heard the great news? | 你们好啊 衰人们 劲爆消息听说没 |
[17:04] | What, one of your overpaid idols passed his urine test? | 难道你那些报酬过高的偶像竟然通过了尿检 |
[17:08] | Yeah, laugh all you can. | 你就笑吧 |
[17:09] | Word’s out about your pal Patterson and those aliens of his. | 你那好朋友Patterson和”外星人”的事情已经人尽皆知了 |
[17:13] | – Oh, my God! – What aliens? | – 神啊 – 什么外星人 |
[17:14] | It’s all over TV. | 电视上都在放 |
[17:16] | How did they find out? | 他们怎么知道的 |
[17:18] | What, are you kidding? You can’t keep something like this quiet. | 开玩笑吧 这种事怎么能藏得住呢 |
[17:20] | Every station in town | 镇里所有的投票站 |
[17:21] | is serving his bleeding heart up on a platter. | 都在公示他现在那颗血淋淋的心呢 |
[17:23] | Isn’t that just like the media? | 媒体不就爱这样嘛 |
[17:25] | The day before the election they find one tiny flaw in a man | 在大选前夕找到候选人的一点小缺点 |
[17:27] | and they try to ruin his career! | 就打算毁了人家的事业 |
[17:28] | Well, you know what? I have my own conduit to the public’s ear. | 知道吗 我有自己的渠道告诉公众 |
[17:30] | – I’m not letting Phil go down without a fight! – What aliens? | – 我不会让Phil就这样被毁于一旦的 – 什么外星人 |
[17:34] | Turns out Patterson’s got a couple of | Patterson非法雇佣了一群 |
[17:36] | illegal aliens from Guatemala working in his house. | 来自危地马拉的移民在他的家里干活 |
[17:42] | No green cards, no documents, no chance! | 没有绿卡 没有相关资料 没有机会 |
[17:47] | Hello, Seattle. I’m back. This is Dr Frasier Crane. | 你好 西雅图 我回来了 这里是Frasier Crane医生 |
[17:50] | and I have just learned during the commercial break | 在广告间隙 我刚得知 |
[17:52] | that it has become public knowledge | 大家都知道了 |
[17:54] | that Phil Patterson, candidate for Congress, | 国会议员候选人Phil Patterson |
[17:57] | believes in aliens from outer space. | 相信有外星生命的存在 |
[18:01] | Not only does he believe in them, he believes he has met with them, | 他不止相信他们的存在 还坚信他们曾经见过面 |
[18:04] | That he was beamed aboard their spaceship | 他曾经被带到飞船里 |
[18:06] | for a little interplanetary chitchat. | 进行一次星球之间的谈话 |
[18:08] | Shocked? Well, all right. | 震惊了吧 是啊 |
[18:10] | But I say, let’s ask ourselves these questions. Does this… | 但是要我说 让我们扪心自问一下 这些 |
[18:15] | …harmless delusion, | 没有危害的幻想 |
[18:17] | most likely brought on by overwork and sleep deprivation, | 基本上是由过度劳累和缺少睡眠导致的幻想 |
[18:21] | adversely affected his voting record in any way? | 会不会对他的竞选造成不利影响呢 |
[18:23] | I ask you, and I say no. | 这个问题 我的答案是否定的 |
[18:25] | What great leader doesn’t have his quirks? | 哪一个伟大的领导者没有自己的怪癖 |
[18:27] | Ronald Reagan saw an astrologist. | 罗纳德·里根相信占星师的话 |
[18:29] | General Patton believed in reincarnation. | 巴顿将军相信来世 |
[18:31] | Even J. Edgar Hoover let his slip show once in a while! | 甚至埃德加·胡佛还三不五时露一下内裤边呢 |
[18:36] | People, we’re talking about a great leader here! | 各位 我们现在谈论的是一个伟大的领导者 |
[18:38] | We shouldn’t concern ourselves with these minor eccentricities. | 我们不应该去在意这些微不足道的古怪行为 |
[18:42] | What’s important – what really counts – is what’s in here… | 重点是 最重要的是 这里的东西 |
[18:46] | I’m pointing at my chest now. | 我正在指我的胸口 |
[18:56] | The results from the last precinct are in. | 最后一个选区的票数结果已经出来了 |
[18:58] | Holden Thorpe has been elected to Congress, | Holden Thorpe当选国会议员 |
[19:01] | garnering a whopping 92% of the vote.’ | 获得高达92%的支持率 |
[19:06] | Well, at least Mr. Patterson got 8%. | Patterson先生至少还有8%的支持率 |
[19:09] | Yeah, well, they must have been counting | 是啊 他们一定连氪星上的 |
[19:10] | absentee votes from the planet Krypton! | 缺席票也算上了 |
[19:15] | Oh, come on now, Dr. Crane. It wasn’t all your fault. | 别这样 Crane医生 这不全是你的错 |
[19:18] | I’m sure having those Guatemalans in his home | 我相信在他家打工的危地马拉人 |
[19:21] | would have cost him some votes anyway. | 也会影响他的票数的 |
[19:22] | Those Guatemalans were exchange students. | 那些危地马拉人是交换生 |
[19:26] | Phil was giving them free room and board | Phil提供免费的食宿给他们 |
[19:28] | as a goodwill gesture between countries. | 作为两国友好的表示 |
[19:31] | Well, I’d like to stay here and gloat, | 我本来想继续待在这幸灾乐祸的 |
[19:33] | but I gotta get changed to go to the big celebration | 但我要转场去Thorpe竞选总部 |
[19:36] | down at Thorpe headquarters. | 参加盛大的庆祝晚会了 |
[19:37] | Hey, you’re welcome to tag along if you’d like. | 如果你愿意可以一起来 |
[19:40] | You’re quite a hero down there! | 你是我们的大英雄啊 |
[19:44] | No, thank you! | 不了 谢谢 |
[19:46] | Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! | 蠢货 蠢货 蠢货 |
[19:50] | When will I learn it hurts when I do that? | 我什么时候才能记得这样会很痛的啊 |
[20:02] | – Oh. Phil. Come on in. – Hi, Frasier. Thank you. | – Phil 进来吧 – Frasier 谢谢你 |
[20:07] | I just came by to return this good-luck tie you loaned me. | 我来是想把你的幸运领带还给你 |
[20:14] | Yes, well, I saw you wearing it on television | 嗯 我看到你 |
[20:16] | when you made your concession speech. | 发表败选演说的时候戴着呢 |
[20:18] | It was a little embarrassing having to do it before lunch. | 在午饭前发表演说还挺难堪的 |
[20:22] | But it gave me some time to run some errands | 但它给了我时间去做别的事 |
[20:24] | and pick up my dry cleaning. | 还有拿我干洗的衣服 |
[20:26] | – Phil, I am so sorry about the misunderstanding.. – Oh, it’s okay. | – Phil 我对那些误解感到很抱歉 – 没事的 |
[20:29] | I know you didn’t do it on purpose. | 我知道你不是故意的 |
[20:31] | You thought you were defending me. | 你只是想帮我辩护 |
[20:32] | The people of Seattle deserve | 西雅图的市民应该有个 |
[20:33] | something better than Holden Thorpe. | 比Holden Thorpe更好的领导者 |
[20:35] | That’s politics. And it’s just one election. | 这就是政治 而且只是一场竞选嘛 |
[20:38] | – I’ll be back. – You really think you can? | – 我还会再回来的 – 你真的觉得你可以吗 |
[20:42] | Maybe I’m a dreamer,but I like to believe anything’s possible. | 我或许就是个梦想家 我相信任何事都可能发生 |
[20:48] | Phil Phil. | |
[20:49] | I’ve gotta ask you… | 我想问你 |
[20:55] | Do you really believe it happened? | 你真的相信那些事是真的吗 |
[20:58] | I honestly wish I could say it didn’t, but it did. | 老实说我很想说我不信 但它确实发生了 |
[21:02] | I guess you’ll never believe it unless it happens to you. | 我想你永远不会相信 除非真的发生在你身上 |
[21:07] | So, what’s next for you? | 那你接下来有什么打算 |
[21:11] | Maybe I’ll run in California. | 也许我会去加州竞选 |
[21:16] | A thing like this could actually help me there. | 这种事情在那里说不定反而能帮我一把 |
[21:47] | Anything’s possible. | 万事无绝对啊 |
[22:02] | Oh, very funny, Chopper Dave! | 算你狠啊 直升机男Dave |