时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | ‘Um, you see, Dr. Crane, that there’s this man I’d like to go out with, | Crane医生 我想和一个男人约会 |
[00:14] | but he’s 40 years old and he’s never been married. | 但是他有40岁了 还没结过婚 |
[00:18] | Do you think that means something? ‘ | 你觉得是不是有点问题 |
[00:19] | Well, it could mean he has a fear of commitment | 也许是他害怕承诺 |
[00:22] | or it could mean he’s just been lucky. | 或者他只是一直很幸运 |
[00:27] | Marie, that was a joke. | 那是个玩笑 Marie |
[00:30] | ‘Did I mention I’m calling from a payphone? ‘ | 我没说我是打的是付费电话吗 |
[00:34] | Alright, alright, Marie, um… I would say, | 好吧好吧 Marie 我想说的是 |
[00:36] | give him a shot, but uh… I’d keep that caution bulb lit. | 给他个机会 不过要是我就会留份心 |
[00:40] | Thank you for your call, Marie. Who’s next, Roz? | 谢谢你的来电 Marie 下一位是谁 Roz |
[00:43] | If you ask me, it’s divorced people you have to watch out for. | 要我说 离了婚的人你才得防着 |
[00:45] | Someone’s never been married, it might just mean they’re a careful shopper. | 没结过婚的人也许只是精挑细选 |
[00:48] | Whereas your divorcé will bite into | 离了婚的人可是挤都不挤 |
[00:50] | any old piece of fruit without even giving it a squeeze first. | 就把每个烂水果塞进嘴里 |
[00:54] | The preceding was an unbiased opinion | 以上是我们尚未结婚的 |
[00:56] | from my never-been-married producer, Roz, | 制作人Roz的客观言论 |
[00:59] | who, incidentally, has squeezed more fruit than Tropicana! | 顺带一提 她比纯果乐挤的水果还要多 |
[01:07] | May we take another call, please? | 我们能接听下一位来电了吗 |
[01:08] | We could, but it’s time for a station break. | 可以 不过该休息一下了 |
[01:10] | Oh. Oh well then we’ll be right back after this. | 好吧 广告后马上回来 |
[01:16] | – Roz, didn’t we just take a break? – The lot was full this morning. | – Roz 不是刚休息过吗 – 今早车库满了 |
[01:18] | – I had to park at a meter. I’ll be right back. – Oh, fine, just hurry. | – 我只能停在计时器那儿 马上回来 – 那赶紧的 |
[01:21] | Do I have headphone hair? Well I may have to | 我头发上有耳机印吗 我可能得 |
[01:23] | – flirt my way out of a parking ticket! – Oh, just go! – OK, OK! Wow! | – 调调情才能逃过罚单 – 赶紧走 – 好好 哇 |
[01:27] | – My God! – Ow, ow, ow! | – 天哪 – 嗷 嗷 嗷 |
[01:29] | – Are you alright? – I got the wind knocked out of me, but I guess I’m OK. | – 你没事吧 – 有点儿晕 不过应该没事 |
[01:32] | – Ow, ow, my ankle! – Here, Roz. Does this hurt? | – 嗷 嗷 我的脚踝 – 来 Roz 这样疼么 |
[01:36] | – Oh! – Alright, there’s no nerve damage at least. | 啊 – 还好 至少没有神经损伤 |
[01:40] | – Still, one ought to have an x-ray. – Yeah, come on. | – 还是得去拍片啊 – 是啊 快 |
[01:42] | Frasier, Frasier, the show! | Frasier Frasier 节目呢 |
[01:43] | No, that’s alright, Roz, I’ll get someone to fill in. | 没关系 Roz 我让别人顶你 |
[01:45] | – No, I mean right now! You’ve got dead air! – Oh, God! – Ow! | – 不 我是说现在 节目上已经没声音了 – 天哪 – 嗷 |
[01:50] | – Take the shoe off. – Oh, oh… | – 把鞋脱掉 – 啊 啊 |
[01:53] | – Oh, dear! – What is it? | – 天哪 – 怎么了 |
[01:55] | I see it’s been a while since our last pedicure. | 我看咱们该去修修指甲了 |
[02:06] | – Who is it? – It’s Frasier. – It’s open. | – 谁啊 – Frasier – 门开着 |
[02:11] | Hi, Roz. How were things at the emergency room? | 你好啊 Roz 急诊室里怎么样啊 |
[02:14] | Frustrating. You know how it is. You’re sitting there in complete agony | 烦人 你懂的 你痛苦地坐那儿 |
[02:18] | and every crybaby with a gunshot wound waltzes right in ahead of you. | 每个带着枪伤的爱哭鬼却在你面前跳华尔兹 |
[02:23] | How was it after I left? | 我离开后怎么样了 |
[02:25] | It was OK. Weird Bruce from the Engineering took over for you. | 还成 工程部的怪咖Bruce顶替了你 |
[02:28] | That’s quite a boot collection. | 靴子真壮观 |
[02:30] | Whouldn’t it be easier just to put notches in your bedpost? | 直接在你床柱上凿几个槽不是更简单吗 |
[02:34] | Those are mine. You hate the way I’ve decorated, don’t you? | 这些是我的 你讨厌我的装修 对吧 |
[02:38] | No, no. Matter of fact, I admire your courage. | 不不 实际上 我钦佩你的勇气 |
[02:45] | – Is that for me? – Oh, yes. | – 那是给我的吗 – 是的 |
[02:47] | Freud said that there are only tow things we need to make us happy: | 弗洛伊德说唯二能令我们快乐的东西就是 |
[02:49] | work, and love. | 工作和爱 |
[02:51] | Aw, thanks, Frasier! | 噢 谢谢你 Frasier |
[02:54] | So you brought me work. | 你选择给我带工作 |
[02:58] | Well, I thought answering some of the fan mail | 我想着回复一些 |
[02:59] | that had been piling up would give you something to do. | 已经成堆的粉丝信可以给你点事做 |
[03:01] | And remember, this time death threats don’t get photos. | 记住 这次别给死亡恐吓信回照片 |
[03:07] | – Who is it? – It’s Bulldog! | – 谁啊 – Bulldog |
[03:09] | – Shh! Pretend we’re not here. – Roz, you just said, “Who is it?” | – 嘘 假装我们不在这儿 – Roz 你刚问了”谁啊” |
[03:18] | – Hey, Doc. – Hey, Dog. | – 嘿 医生 – 嘿 狗狗 |
[03:20] | Hey, Roz. Wow! The whole place is a bedroom! Woof! | 嘿 Roz 哇哦 这儿整个都是卧室 汪 |
[03:27] | What are you doing here? | 你来干嘛 |
[03:28] | Well, I kinda feel responsible for you being on the disabled list. | 我觉得自己让你变成伤残人士有点责任 |
[03:30] | So I brought you some deli. | 所以给你带了点熟食 |
[03:32] | Nothing says “I’m sorry” like fatty meats. | 没有比肥肉更能表达”对不起”的了 |
[03:37] | You got your pastrami, coleslaw… OK, where’s the French fries? | 给你带了五香熏牛肉 卷心菜沙拉 不对 薯条呢 |
[03:42] | I ordered French fries! This stinks! This is total B.S.! | 我点了薯条的 太尼玛欠揍了 |
[03:46] | That apron boy is gonna…! Oh, here they are. | 那个围裙男有苦受了 噢在这儿呢 |
[03:51] | To think he does it all without steroids. | 他这样还没打类固醇呢 |
[03:55] | You want me to stick these in the oven? | 要我把这些放烤箱吗 |
[03:56] | Actually, I’m not really very hungry. | 其实我不是很饿 |
[03:58] | – Oh. Then I guess you’re not thirsty either? – Glasses are on the top shelf. | – 噢 那我估计你也不渴吧 – 杯子在橱顶 |
[04:03] | – None for me, Bulldog. I’m off to the opera. – You can’t leave! | – 不用给我了 Bulldog 我要去剧院了 – 你不能走 |
[04:06] | – Hey, no ice cubes! – Just chip whatever you can off the edge of the freezer. | – 嘿 没有冰块啊 – 从冰箱里边随便哪儿敲点下来 |
[04:11] | lf you leave me, he’ll hit on me! | 如果你离开了 他会挑逗我的 |
[04:13] | Roz, with a sprained ankle? | Roz 你脚踝可扭伤着呢 |
[04:15] | You know what it’s like in the jungle. | 丛林里就是这样 |
[04:16] | They always go after the sick and the lame. | 它们总是追生病的跛脚的 |
[04:20] | Roz, I’d like to stay, but I’m meeting people at the opera. I’ve got the tickets! | Roz 我想留下来 可是我约了人听歌剧 票在我这儿 |
[04:24] | Here we go. I’ll get you more | 来了 等我额头 |
[04:26] | ice in a minute when the feeling in my forehead comes back. | 恢复知觉了 再帮你多弄点冰 |
[04:31] | Well, curtain’s going up. Listen, Roz, if you need anything, | 剧快开演了 听着 Roz 你有什么需要 |
[04:34] | feel free to call me absolutely any time. | 随时都可以打我电话 |
[04:36] | Well, except for the next three hours, of course. I’m at the opera. | 当然 除了接下来的3个小时 我会在歌剧院里 |
[04:39] | Oh, no, no… four hours. It’s Wagner. Um… | 噢 不不 4小时 是瓦格纳的歌剧呢 嗯 |
[04:43] | Oh, then I’ve got a late supper, | 哦 我还得吃顿夜宵 |
[04:44] | then right to bed, I’ve got an early squash game… | 然后直接睡觉 明天要早起打壁球 |
[04:47] | Tell you what, | 直接这样吧 |
[04:47] | let’s just say call me absolutely anytime after 4:00 tomorrow afternoon. | 明天下午4点以后你随时可以打我电话 |
[04:53] | Hey, this is nice, you and me, having a drink together. | 嘿 真不错 你和我一起喝一杯 |
[04:59] | Yeah, it’s been fun. Bye! | 是的 很有趣 再见 |
[05:03] | How come you only painted two toenails? | 你怎么只涂了2个脚指甲 |
[05:05] | Beause it hurts too much when I reach. | 我要去涂的时候太疼了 |
[05:07] | – You want me to finish them for you? – Oh, no, please. It’s OK. | – 要我帮你涂完吗 – 不 谢谢 没关系的 |
[05:11] | Hey, it’s a nice colour. Goes with the bruise. | 颜色很漂亮 和淤青很搭 |
[05:13] | Bulldog, I mean it, stop it! | Bulldog 我说真的 停停停 |
[05:15] | – Hey, you got nice feet! – Really? You don’t think they’re too big? | – 你脚很漂亮啊 – 真的吗 你不觉得大了点 |
[05:21] | You kidding? I could get this whole thing in my mouth, easy. | 怎么可能 我能把这整个塞进嘴里 小菜一碟 |
[05:31] | You know, it’s really nice of you to do all this for me. | 谢谢你为我做的一切 |
[05:34] | Kind of surreal… but nice. | 有点不真实 不过真的很好 |
[05:37] | Well, I figure if I’m nice to you, maybe you’ll be nice to me. | 我想着如果我对你好 或许你也会对我好 |
[05:41] | I knew it, I knew it! You come over here acting all sympathetic, | 我就知道 我就知道 你过来假装同情我 |
[05:45] | but you’re still the same old horny, low-class slimeball you’ve always been! | 但你还是以前那个老色鬼贱混球 |
[05:49] | Hey, before you say something that ends up offending me… | 乘着你还没说些冒犯我的话 |
[05:54] | Look, all I wanted to ask you is if | 听着 我只是想问你 |
[05:57] | you’d be interested in producing my show. | 有没有兴趣做我节目的制作人 |
[06:00] | – What? – Yeah, I’m not real crazy about the guy I got now. | – 什么 – 没错 我对现在的制作人不满意 |
[06:03] | And let’s face it, you’re the best producer there is. | 实话说 你是最棒的制作人了 |
[06:06] | – You really think I’m the best? – Hey, that goes without saying. | – 你真的觉得我是最棒的 – 那还用说 |
[06:09] | Well, Frasier goes without saying it every day. | Frasier的确没一天这么说 |
[06:12] | Well, you don’t have to answer right now. | 你不用现在马上回复我 |
[06:13] | Just take your time and think about it. | 慢慢想想吧 |
[06:17] | But I gotta warn ya, when I set my mind on something, I get it. | 不过提醒你 我心有想事必成 |
[06:21] | I once wanted to interview George Foreman. | 有一次我想采访George Foreman |
[06:23] | He said “No”… but I got him. | 他说”不行” 不过我还是拿下他了 |
[06:26] | I had to paint his toenails four times, but I got him. | 我要给他涂4次脚指甲 不过我还是拿下他了 |
[06:32] | You’ve been wrapping your bandage too tight. | 你绑带扎太紧了啊 |
[06:35] | You’ve got to keep the blood flowing to the injured ligaments. | 你得让血液流通到受伤的韧带 |
[06:38] | Daphne, that feels great. | Daphne 太舒服了 |
[06:41] | Whatever Frasier’s paying you, it’s not enough. | 不管Frasier付你多少钱都不够啊 |
[06:43] | Actually, I’ll need a raise to get me to “not enough”. | 其实 需要点儿加薪才能达到你说的”不够” |
[06:48] | – Hey, Roz. – Hey, Martin, what’s going on? | – 嘿 Roz – 嘿 Martin 怎么样啊 |
[06:50] | Oh, Niles bought me some new shoes! | Niles给我买了新鞋 |
[06:53] | Oh, yes, look! They have tassels! | 是啊 看 还有流苏呢 |
[06:59] | Aren’t they exquisite? Those shoes were individually handmade | 不觉得很精致吗 这双鞋可是由一位 |
[07:02] | by an artisan toiling in a hilltop village above Florence. | 佛罗伦萨山顶村的工匠纯手工制作而成 |
[07:06] | The man is a hero there. | 他在那儿可是个英雄 |
[07:09] | It’s an event when he completes a pair of shoes. | 他完成一双鞋就是一个大事件 |
[07:12] | They ring the cathedral bell and the whole town celebrates. | 人们会敲响大教堂的钟声 整个镇上为此庆祝 |
[07:16] | There’s a town that needs a bowling alley. | 看来有座小镇需要保龄球馆 |
[07:21] | – Evening, all. – Hello. – Hey, Frasier. | – 大家晚上好 – 你好 – 嘿 Frasier |
[07:24] | Oh, Roz, Roz! Did you hear the show today? I was at the top of my form! | 噢 Roz Roz 你听了今晚的节目吗 我表现神勇 |
[07:28] | I did a brilliant job of cutting a narcissist down to size! | 狠狠挫了一个自恋狂的锐气 |
[07:33] | Oh, thank you, Niles. So… | 谢谢 Niles 那么 |
[07:36] | Ooh, Dad, new shoes? Do I hear cathedral bells? | 噢 爸 新鞋子嘛 教堂钟声响起了 |
[07:43] | Ring-a-ding-ding! | 铃啊顶顶 |
[07:46] | Oh, Roz, I also wanted to apologize for leaving you last night. | 噢 Roz 我为昨晚离开你抱歉 |
[07:50] | I hope you didn’t spend the whole evening fending off Bulldog’s advances. | 但愿你没花整个晚上抵挡Bulldog的调戏 |
[07:53] | Oh, no! Bulldog’s not so bad. We actually had a good time. | 没有 Bulldog没那么坏 我们其实玩得很开心 |
[07:57] | – Ohhh? – What “Ohhh”? | – 噢 – “噢”什么 |
[08:02] | Well, I couldn’t help noticing he came in to work | 我忍不住注意到他今早来上班的时候 |
[08:05] | this morning wearing the same clothes he had on yesterday. | 穿着和昨天一样的衣服 |
[08:08] | Ohhh? | 噢 |
[08:11] | – What’s going on? – Roz slept with Bulldog last night. | – 怎么了 – Roz昨晚和Bulldog上床了 |
[08:17] | I did not! How could you think that? | 我没有 你怎么能这么想 |
[08:20] | Well, I mean, dropping by, bringing you a little gift? | 我是说 顺道拜访 带给你小礼物 |
[08:23] | It was obvious he was after something. | 很明显他有什么企图 |
[08:25] | Well, that’s not fair. Dr. Crane is always | 话不能这么说 Crane医生也经常 |
[08:27] | dropping by and bringing me little gifts and he’s not after anything! | 顺道拜访 带给我小礼物 他可没什么企图 |
[08:41] | I did not sleep with Bulldog. He didn’t even hit on me. | 我没和Bulldog睡 他甚至没有挑逗我 |
[08:46] | He did want something, though. | 不过他的确有样企图 |
[08:47] | He wanted me to leave you and come be his new producer. | 他想要我离开你去做他的新制作人 |
[08:50] | Oh, well! I wonder why he said that. | 哈 他这么说我真诧异 |
[08:58] | – Because he really wants me. – Yes well, I think that goes without saying. | – 因为他真的需要我 – 是啊 那还用说 |
[09:03] | For his show. | 为了他的节目 |
[09:04] | Oh, Roz, Bulldog knows the blunt approach won’t work with you, | Roz Bulldog知道直截了当跟你说没用 |
[09:07] | so he’s being more subtle. | 他变狡猾了 |
[09:08] | But his ultimate goal remains to… well, to… | 不过他的最终目标还是 嗯 是 |
[09:11] | – To what? – To play Aeneas to your Dido. | – 是什么 – 成为”拥入”你狄多的埃涅阿斯 |
[09:20] | Sorry you had to hear that, Daphne. | 抱歉让你听到这个 Daphne |
[09:24] | Oh, that’s alright. As usual, | 没关系 跟平时一样 |
[09:26] | I haven’t the foggiest idea what you’re talking about. | 我完全不知道你在说什么 |
[09:31] | You know, this is so insulting. | 这太侮辱人了 |
[09:33] | You think Bulldag wants me to | 你觉得Bulldog要我去 |
[09:34] | come work for him because he wants to get me into his bed. | 为他工作是因为他想让我跟他上床 |
[09:37] | It doesn’t even occur to you that he thinks I’m a good producer. | 你都没想过其实是他认为我是个好制作人 |
[09:39] | Roz, don’t you think you’re being just a tad naive? | Roz 你不觉得自己有点小天真 |
[09:42] | I’ll tell you what naive is. | 我来告诉你什么叫天真 |
[09:44] | Naive is someone who thinks he can stand there and talk to me like that | 天真就是有人认为他可以站在那儿跟我这么说话 |
[09:46] | without getting a crutch up his butt! | 却不会被拐杖打屁股 |
[09:49] | Roz, I can see how he’s manipulating you! | Roz 我看得出他是在操纵你 |
[09:51] | – I’m an expert in human behaviour! – Oh, really? | – 我是人类行为专家 – 是吗 |
[09:53] | Excuse me. I’ve heard your expert advice! | 不好意思 我可听过你的专家建议 |
[09:57] | The only mental disorder you’ve ever cured is insomnia! | 你唯一治好的精神疾病就是失眠症 |
[10:03] | Well, I’m surprised you had time to listen, | 真神奇你居然还有时间听我的建议 |
[10:06] | what with being so busy with your ultra-demanding | 你应该一直在忙你那超费力的 |
[10:08] | producer tasks: answering phones and pushing buttons! | 制作人工作啊 接电话和按按钮 |
[10:11] | My God, a cockatoo with a strong beak could do what you do! | 天哪 一只嘴利的鹦鹉也能做你的工作 |
[10:17] | Then hire one, because I’m taking the job with Bulldog! | 那就雇一只啊 我去Bulldog那儿工作了 |
[10:20] | That’s it! I am outta here! | 就是这样 我要走了 |
[10:31] | Take a picture, ’cause I’m not in your life! | 拍张照吧 我从此在你的生命里消失 |
[10:35] | You have seen the last of me! | 你可见识过我的厉害 |
[10:39] | Sayonara! | 永别了 |
[10:43] | Oh, damn! My purse. | 可恶 我的钱包 |
[10:50] | Well Bruce, I see we are loaded with callers here. What line is next? | Bruce 我看到有很多电话进来了 接下来是几号线 |
[10:55] | – What’s your favorite number? – Three. | – 你最喜欢哪个数字 – 3 |
[11:03] | Damn. | 糟糕 |
[11:06] | What’s your other favorite number? | 你还喜欢哪个数字 |
[11:09] | Why don’t you just let me handle this? | 直接让我来吧 |
[11:12] | Hello. You’re on the line with Frasier Crane. I’m listening. | 您好 这里是Frasier Crane医生 您请讲 |
[11:16] | ‘Hi, Dr. Crane. Um, my name is Francesca. | 嗨 Crane医生 我叫Francesca |
[11:19] | ‘And I’m calling about my boyfriend. | 我想来谈谈我的男朋友 |
[11:20] | Well, he says he loves me, but I just can’t get over | 他说他爱我 可是我一直摆脱不了这种恐惧 |
[11:23] | ‘this fear that I’m going to come home one day | 有一天我回到家里 |
[11:26] | and he’s not going to be there. | 而他却不在了 |
[11:27] | ‘I don’t know. It probably stems from my childhood when my father left us.’ | 我也不清楚 很可能是因为小时候父亲离开了我们 |
[11:32] | Oh, Francesca, you are suffering from a fear | Francesca 你患有被抛弃 |
[11:36] | of abandonment. But trust me, I’m here for you. | 恐惧症 相信我 我能帮您 |
[11:38] | ‘Thank you, Dr. Crane. I’m always so afraid that | 谢谢你 Crane医生 我总是很害怕 |
[11:41] | ‘people I count on will just disappear and I’ll be left with…’ | 我依靠的人突然消失了 留下我一 |
[11:50] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[11:55] | Francesca, please… we had a little technical glitch there. | Francesca 对不起 这儿有点技术故障 |
[11:59] | But we were almost out of time anyway. | 我们也差不多没时间了 |
[12:01] | Please, if you’ll call in tomorrow, | 如果您明天打来 |
[12:02] | I’ll make sure you’re the first order of business. Please call. | 我保证首先解决您的问题 请一定打来 |
[12:06] | Well, we’re just about wrapped up here, folks… I’ll see you tomorrow, Seattle. | 差不多该结束了 明天见 西雅图 |
[12:19] | Good show, Dr. Crane. | 节目不错 Crane医生 |
[12:23] | – You think so, Bruce? – Yeah! | – Bruce 你这么觉得的 – 是啊 |
[12:26] | Well, call me old-fashioned | 说我守旧也好 |
[12:27] | but when my show starts out with a screeching noise | 但是当我的节目以一阵 |
[12:29] | that could shatter crystal, | 可以震碎水晶的刺耳声开始 |
[12:30] | then moves on to an open mike while I’m eating a bag of potato chips, | 然后我在吃薯片的时候外放了麦克风 |
[12:33] | then disconnects two manic-depressives | 还切断了两位躁郁病人 |
[12:34] | and a woman with a fear of abandonment, | 和一位被抛弃恐惧症的妇女的电话 |
[12:36] | I don’t think it’s a show we should be mailing off to the Smithsonian! | 这可不是一个我们能寄去史密森学会的节目 |
[12:41] | Don’t worry, man. You’ll do better tomorrow. | 别担心 兄弟 明天你会做好的 |
[12:47] | Yeah, It’s going to be a great show, Roz. I can feel it. | 这节目会很棒 Roz 我有预感 |
[12:50] | Yeah, I’m psyched. You’ve got about a minute to show time. | 我也很激动 离节目开始还有大概一分钟 |
[12:53] | – Hello, Roz. – Hello, Frasier. | – 你好啊 Roz – 你好 Frasier |
[12:55] | Hey, Doc.! Long week no see. | 医生 好久没见了 |
[12:57] | Hope you haven’t been avoiding me because I stole your chick. | 但愿你不是因为我偷了你的小妞儿而避开我 |
[13:00] | – Oh, Bruce and I are getting along splendidly! – Yeah, I heard Bruce. | – Bruce和我合作得极好 – 是啊 我听说Bruce了 |
[13:04] | What happened, the cockatoo want too much money? | 怎么了 鹦鹉开价太高了 |
[13:09] | – Bye, Roz. – So long, Frasier. | – 再见 Roz – 最好别见 Frasier |
[13:13] | Oh, a moment, Frasier, please! I’m sure word has reached | 等等 Frasier 相信你已经 |
[13:17] | your ear already about my frutti di mare party | 听说了我的海鲜意面派对 |
[13:19] | I’m throwing to celebrate our fair city’s great bounty from the sea. | 为了庆祝我们美丽的城市从大海得到的慷慨馈赠 |
[13:23] | Yes, yes. I’d love to come. | 是啊 我很乐意参加 |
[13:24] | Well, aye, there’s the rub! You see, I’ve already invited Roz. | 难就难在这儿啊 我已经邀请了Roz |
[13:27] | With this rift between you two, | 鉴于你们俩之间的过节 |
[13:29] | well, the tension in the air will be thicker than my cioppino! | 空气里的紧张压力估计比我的意式炆海鲜汤还浓稠 |
[13:33] | Well, Gil, I’m sure that rift will soon be over. | Gil 我保证这个过节很快会过去的 |
[13:36] | Before long, | 要不了多久 |
[13:36] | Bulldog will prove that all he’s wanted all along | Bulldog就会证明他 |
[13:38] | is just to get his hands on Roz. | 一直想要的就是染指Roz |
[13:40] | Ooh… in fact that moment may have arrived. Look, she’s bending over! | 噢 实际上也许就是这一时刻 看 她弯腰了 |
[13:44] | Oh, turn around, Bulldog! | 转过去 Bulldog |
[13:45] | Oh, yes! Isn’t that what golfers refer to as “Teeing it up”? | 好啊 这不就是高尔夫球手说的”准备发球”嘛 |
[13:50] | Alright, he moves in… and he… | 很好 他走过去了 然后他 |
[13:54] | …helps pick up the papers! | 帮忙捡起了文件 |
[13:56] | Oh, I’m so sorry, Frasier. I too entertained hopes for low comedy. | 真不好意思 Frasier 我对这滑稽戏太抱有希望了 |
[14:02] | Attention, sports fans! | 注意了 体育粉们 |
[14:04] | You’re back in the doghouse with Bulldog Briscoe! | 你们回到了Bulldog Briscoe的狗屋了 |
[14:07] | – Woof woof! – Meow! | – 汪汪 – 喵 |
[14:10] | Let’s talk football, | 说说橄榄球 |
[14:11] | Sunday’s lock: Broncos over the Raiders! Easy money, huh, Roz? | 这周日丹佛野马对阵突袭者 容易得很哈 Roz |
[14:14] | Yeah, right! And men just want to cuddle. | 是啊 男人们就想拥抱庆祝了 |
[14:16] | L.A. humiliated Denver last month! | 上个月洛杉矶可羞辱了丹佛一番 |
[14:19] | Wh-Wh-What? Hey, do I tell you how to cook and clean? | 什什什么 嘿 我用告诉你怎么做饭打扫吗 |
[14:21] | Denver’s doo! It’s a complete | 丹佛就是屎 |
[14:23] | – no-brainer. – Well then, it’s right up your alley! | – 想都不用想 – 那不正是你的拿手好戏 |
[14:30] | You know, I’m no sports fan, but they really are quite delicious together. | 我不是体育粉 不过他们在一起的确挺有趣 |
[14:34] | Yes well, enjoy it while you can. | 乘着还有机会享受吧 |
[14:35] | Bulldog can’t keep his libido in check forever. | Bulldog无法永远控制自己欲望的 |
[14:38] | Well, of couse you’re right. And then Roz will come crawling back to you. | 你当然对了 然后Roz就会爬着回来找你 |
[14:41] | Yes. | 当然了 |
[14:42] | In the meantime, I have to find | 不过现在我得找个 |
[14:43] | someone halfway competent to produce my show. | 说得过去的人来制作我节目 |
[14:45] | How hard could that be? | 能有多难啊 |
[14:46] | *They call me Mr. Pitiful* | *人们叫我可怜先生* |
[14:50] | *Baby, that’s my name* | *那就是我的名字* |
[14:52] | *They call me Mr. Pitiful* | *人们叫我可怜先生* |
[14:55] | *That’s how I got my fame* | *那就是我在外的名声* |
[14:58] | *But nobody seems to understand now* | *但现在似乎无人能懂* |
[15:01] | *What makes a man feel so blue* | *为何一个大男人感觉如此失落* |
[15:05] | *They call me Mr. Pitiful* | *人们叫我可怜先生* |
[15:07] | *’Cause I lost someone just like you* | *因为我失去了一个像你一样的人* |
[15:10] | *They call me Mr. Pitiful* | *人们叫我可怜先生* |
[15:13] | *This everybody knows now* | *现在人人都知道* |
[15:16] | *They call me Mr. Pitiful* | *人们叫我可怜先生* |
[15:19] | *Most everyplace I go now* | *在每个我的足迹踏过的地方* |
[15:22] | *But nobody seems to* | *但现在似乎* |
[15:23] | *understand now…* | *无人能懂* |
[15:28] | You think you had a bad week? | 你觉得你这周过得很糟糕 |
[15:29] | This morning, Maris and I woke to the sound of our gardener, Yoshi, | 今早Maris和我醒被吵醒 我们的园丁Yoshi正在 |
[15:32] | hacking his way through our prize topiary! | 我们一流的绿篱植园里乱砍一通 |
[15:35] | Well Niles, I’ve never understood | Niles 我一直没明白 |
[15:35] | why you wanted your hedges to be sculpted into | 为什么你们要把树篱修剪成 |
[15:37] | – the shapes of animals. – Well, we’re both animal lovers. | – 动物的形状 – 我们都爱动物 |
[15:39] | But Maris is unable to have pets. She… | 但Maris不能养宠物 她 |
[15:46] | She distrusts anything that loves her unconditionally. | 她不信任任何无条件爱她的东西 |
[15:54] | Anyway, there was Yoshi, | 不管怎样 这个Yoshi |
[15:56] | drunk as a lord, swinging his hedge-trimmer recklessly over his head. | 烂醉如泥 粗鲁地把树篱修剪机在头顶上乱挥 |
[16:00] | Before we could calm him, he had transformed | 我们还没来得及稳住他 他已经把 |
[16:02] | Maris’s prize stallion into some sort of obscene… goat-boy. | Maris的超赞种马剪成了一个猥琐的 山羊男 |
[16:12] | – The poor woman is inconsolable. – Well, thank you, Niles. | – 可怜的女人现在伤心欲绝 – 谢谢 Niles |
[16:17] | You’ve been a great deal of help. | 你真是帮了大忙 |
[16:18] | There are worse things than seeing one’s career go down the toilet. | 还有比眼看着事业走向低谷更糟的事呢 |
[16:22] | I could have my hedges cut into unattractive shapes. | 我可以把我家树篱剪成丑丑的形状 |
[16:28] | It’s always about you, isn’t it? | 你总是自我为中心 对吧 |
[16:30] | Well, I’m sorry! But I’m just the slightest bit panicky | 对不起 我只是感觉Roz永远不会回来了 |
[16:33] | that I’m never going to get Roz back! | 这让我有些不知所措 |
[16:34] | I’ve been waiting for weeks for Bulldog to make his move, | 我等Bulldog行动等了好几个星期 |
[16:37] | and against all natural laws, | 反常的 |
[16:38] | he hasn’t! | 他没有 |
[16:39] | Come along! | 进来进来 |
[16:40] | Oh, Hello! I thought we might run into you two here. | 噢 嗨 我想着可能会在这儿遇见你们俩呢 |
[16:44] | Yeah! Daphne and I have been out buying shoes. | 是啊 Daphne和我出来买鞋 |
[16:46] | Oh, not that I don’t appreciate the ones that you bought me, | 不是因为我不喜欢你给我买的鞋 |
[16:49] | but yeah… yeah, I thought I’d save those for | 不过 我想着把它们留到 |
[16:51] | special occasions, when only tassels will do. | 特殊场合穿 流苏是必要元素的时候 |
[16:55] | But hey, get a load of these! They light up when I walk away! | 嘿 瞧啊 我走路的时候它们会亮起来 |
[17:02] | Doesn’t everyone? | 谁瞧不见啊 |
[17:06] | Well, I see Mr. Congeniality here | 我看到和善先生 |
[17:08] | is still spreading sunshine wherever he goes. | 到哪儿还在散发阳光啊 |
[17:10] | Apparently things didn’t go well in his show today. | 显然他今天的节目不顺利 |
[17:12] | Oh, really? Well, you know these things go in cycles. | 是吗 要知道风水轮流转啊 |
[17:16] | I mean, take Bulldog’s show. | 看看Bulldog的节目 |
[17:18] | He’s just had one great show after another lately. | 他最近的好节目一个接一个 |
[17:22] | Hmm… what could be your point, Dad? | 你什么意思呢 爸 |
[17:24] | I’m having trouble reading between the lines. | 字里行间我听不懂啊 |
[17:26] | lf you weren’t so damn stubborn, | 如果你没那么顽固 |
[17:28] | you’d apologize to Roz, get her back on the show, | 你就该向Roz道歉 把她接回节目 |
[17:30] | and everybody’d be happy. | 皆大欢喜 |
[17:32] | As usual, you’re overlooking | 你又看漏了 |
[17:33] | a key psychological component in this whole issue. | 整个事件的关键心理成分 |
[17:35] | – You’d have to admit you were wrong. – Exactly! | – 你必须承认自己错了 – 完全正确 |
[17:40] | I don’t see what’s so hard about telling Roz you were wrong. | 我不觉得跟Roz道歉有什么难的啊 |
[17:43] | You don’t understand. You see, it’s not the same as Dad being wrong, | 你不懂 这可不是老爸错了 |
[17:46] | or your being wrong. I have a degree from Harvard! | 或者你错了 我有哈佛的学位 |
[17:49] | Whenever I’m wrong… the world makes a little less sense. | 我错的时候 世界就会少一点意义 |
[17:58] | Frankly, I don’t understand why you want her back at all. | 实话说我真不懂你为啥要她回来 |
[18:01] | She’s pushy and opinionated. | 她一意孤行又固执己见 |
[18:02] | Niles, don’t you think you’re being just the slightest bit sexist? | Niles 你不觉得自己有点性别歧视吗 |
[18:05] | What’s labeled “pushy” in a woman is called “assertiveness” in a man. | 说女人是”一意孤行” 男人就是”观点明确” |
[18:09] | Gone are the days when women were shunted aside | 女人被晾在一边只是漂亮地 |
[18:10] | to bat their eyelashes prettily | 眨眼睛一言不发的日子 |
[18:12] | – and say nothing. – I quite agree. | – 已经不复存在了 – 强烈同意 |
[18:14] | Oh Daphne, please, I can handle this. | Daphne 我一个人能行 |
[18:16] | Well, you’ve certainly handled it well enough so far! | 目前为止你处理得真的非常好 |
[18:19] | If you ask me, it’s time you get off your high horse, | 要我说 是时候放下你的臭架子 |
[18:22] | buy Roz some flowers and beg her forgiveness. | 给Roz买花然后求她原谅了 |
[18:24] | And don’t be afraid to get your knees a little dusty. | 别怕你那臭架子沾上点儿土 |
[18:27] | Well, I’m sorry. I’m just not quite ready to swallow my pride. | 不好意思 我还没准备好纡尊降贵 |
[18:32] | Next time, wake me when the show’s over. | 下次节目结束了记得叫醒我 |
[18:43] | Alright, Wednesday we’ve got the NFL Picks. Then at the end of the show | 好 周三我们做全国橄榄球大联盟精选集 节目最后 |
[18:47] | – we do the “Boner of the Week”. – No, we can’t do that. | – 我们做”本周蠢行” – 不 我们不能做这个 |
[18:49] | This is why I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[18:51] | You are always trying to change my tried-and-true format! | 你总是想改变我久经考验的节目安排 |
[18:54] | Ok, why can’t we do it? | 为什么不能做 |
[18:55] | Because I got you an interview with Wayne Gretzky. | 因为我给你弄到了Wayne Gretzky的采访 |
[18:58] | – See, Way… Wayne Gretzky? | – 看吧 Wayne Gretzky |
[19:00] | – Mmm-hmm. -Wayne Gretzky! This is awesome! This is total brilliance! | – 嗯哼 – Wayne Gretzky 真是太牛了 |
[19:05] | This is… a pinched nerve. Ah, ah, ah! | 这真是 神经痛 啊 啊 啊 |
[19:09] | It’s an old football injury. I got my | 这是橄榄球旧伤了 我在 |
[19:11] | head rammed into a locker when I tried to interview Mike Ditka. Ahh! | 采访Mike Ditka的时候头撞上了柜子 啊 |
[19:14] | – Here, let me help you with that. – Ah, this is great. I can’t believe it. | – 来 我帮你 – 嗷 好舒服 真不敢相信 |
[19:20] | Wayne Gretzky! The great one! | Wayne Gretzky 伟大的冰球员 |
[19:23] | Aah… Roz, you are the great one. You are some kind of producer. | 啊 Roz 你才是伟大 完美的制作人 |
[19:29] | Thanks. I’m having a great time. | 谢谢 我工作得很愉快 |
[19:33] | I owe you, Bulldog. I owe you big. | 我欠你的 Bulldog 我欠你大发了 |
[19:43] | You know, I never would have thought this a couple of weeks ago, | 几周前我完全想象不到 |
[19:45] | but you and I have great chemistry together, don’t we? | 你和我之间会有如此的化学反应 不是吗 |
[19:48] | Uh-huh. I like chemistry. I flunked it, but I like it. | 啊哈 我喜欢化学 虽然没及格但我喜欢它 |
[19:53] | You got any of that, uh… Wild Turkey left? | 你还有那个 威凤凰威士忌吗 |
[19:57] | Yeah, sure. | 有啊 |
[20:00] | You konw, I got to be honest with you, Bulldog. When we first started | 实话告诉你 斗牛犬 我们刚开始 |
[20:03] | working together, I never thought it would turn out like this. Did you? | 一起工作的时候 我从没想过会变成这样 你呢 |
[20:08] | All along! | 从没想过 |
[20:14] | Hey, uh, Roz… | 嘿 Roz |
[20:18] | You’d better make mine a double! | 你最好给我两份酒 |
[20:22] | I’m a double kind of guy! | 我是那种双份的男人 |
[20:23] | Uh-uh! You’re only going to get a little. | 不行 你只能喝一点 |
[20:26] | There’s a lot I want to do tonight, and I want you to keep up with me. | 今晚我有很多事要做 你得跟着我做 |
[20:30] | Yeah, well, uh… | 好吧 呃 |
[20:32] | All I ask is that you give me a couple of 20-minute breaks. | 我只需要你给我两次20分钟的休息 |
[20:39] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[20:40] | I uh… I thought a little music might be, uh, might be nice. | 我呃 想着放点音乐会 会好点 |
[20:45] | – Can you concentrate with that on? – Oh, yeah, yeah! | – 开着音乐你能集中精力吗 – 噢 当然当然 |
[20:49] | Actually uh, I find uh… the distraction helps me. | 其实 我发现 分心反而对我有益 |
[20:57] | Nah… second date. Don’t be pushy. | 不 下次再用 别太激进 |
[21:01] | This is great, Roz… us working like this! | 太棒了 Roz 我们这样工作 |
[21:05] | Hey, uh… did you and the Doc. ever end up working… | 嘿 你和医生有没有 |
[21:11] | – What? – Did you and the Doc ever, uh… end up working like this? | – 什么 – 你和医生有没有 这样工作过 |
[21:14] | Oh yeah. We tried it once, but he complained I talked too much. | 有啊 我们试过一次 但他嫌我说太多话 |
[21:18] | Oh, yeah? I would have figured you for a screamer. | 是嘛 我本来以为你喜欢尖叫 |
[21:23] | Ahhh! What the hell are you doing in my bed!? Get out! | 啊啊 你他妈的在我床上干嘛 滚开 |
[21:28] | Get out! I asked you over here to work, you disgusting pervert! | 滚 开 我让你过来工作的 你个恶心的变态 |
[21:32] | Hey-hey-hey! You’re going to have to slow down! | 嘿嘿嘿 慢点慢点 |
[21:34] | I’m getting some mixed signals here. | 我现在脑袋有点儿乱 |
[21:41] | – What are you doing!? – Is this clear enough for you? | – 你干嘛 – 现在你弄清楚了吧 |
[21:44] | – Hey are you crazy? My wallet’s in there! – Get out! Now! | – 疯了吧你 我钱包还在里面 – 马上 给我滚 |
[21:49] | Get out of my way, Doc.! | 让开 医生 |
[21:52] | Oh…! | 噢 |
[21:56] | I’m listening. | 您请讲 |