时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Well, that’s our show for today. | 今天节目时间差不多了 |
[00:10] | Don’t forget – Bob “Bulldog” Briscoe is up next. | 别忘了接下来”斗牛犬”Bob Briscoe的节目 |
[00:13] | Oh, yes! This is KACL cash call week. | 对了 这周是KACL台的筹款周 |
[00:18] | $5,000 if you answer your phone | 每次听众接电话说出正确的句子 |
[00:20] | with the phrase that pays. | 本台将筹集到5000美元 |
[00:21] | So when your phone rings, don’t say hello, say… | 所以电话响起后 别再说”你好”了 要说 |
[00:24] | Well, blow me down! | 哇 想不到啊 |
[00:26] | Uh…no, no, no. Say, “KACL is the talk of the town, | 不不不 要说”KACL是城中热话 |
[00:30] | talk of Seattle.” Whatever. Bye-bye. | 西雅图的热话” 随便怎么说吧 再见 |
[00:33] | Sam, Sam! Oh, my God! | Sam, Sam 我的老天啊 |
[00:39] | What are you doing in town? | 你怎么来城里了 |
[00:40] | Uh, well actually I’m here interviewing for a job. | 其实我是来面试的 |
[00:43] | The Mariners need a pitching coach and they gave me a call. | 水手队需要个投手教练 他们找了我 |
[00:47] | They did? Oh, I mean, that’s great. but…Come on in. | 找了你吗 我想说这太好了 可 快进来 |
[00:52] | – This is all right? You’re off the air? – Oh, yeah, it’s fine. | – 这样好吗 你节目完了吗 – 对啊 没事的 |
[00:55] | Fras, I gotta go. Your messages are on my desk and… | Fras 我先走了 你的留言在我桌上 |
[00:57] | Whoa. Who is this? | 哇 这位是 |
[01:01] | I’m Sam Malone. I was a buddy of Frasier’s in Boston. | 我叫Sam Malone 是Frasier在波士顿的哥们 |
[01:05] | This is Roz Doyle. | 这是Roz Doyle. |
[01:06] | So this is the Sam Malone you’ve always talked about? | 这就是你经常提起的Sam吗 |
[01:09] | The one who has no respect for women and treats them like dirt? | 那个不尊重女性 待她们如粪土的Sam吗 |
[01:13] | Need anyone to show you around Seattle? | 需要找人领你参观参观西雅图吗 |
[01:16] | Well, you know, to tell you the truth I’m all right with the city, | 呃 说实话这城市我还算熟 |
[01:18] | but I get real lost in my hotel room. | 可我在酒店房间里会迷路 |
[01:22] | Oh, boy. Just look at the two of you face to face. | 噢 老天 看看你们两人面对面的样子 |
[01:25] | I imagine wild animals all over the Northwest are | 让我想到大西北的野生动物 |
[01:27] | lifting their heads,alerted to the scent. | 四处张望警觉地嗅着气味 |
[01:31] | Good-bye, Roz. | 拜拜 Roz |
[01:32] | lf you need any company, give me a call. Here’s my number. | 要人陪的话 打我电话 这是我号码 |
[01:36] | – Well, thanks. That’s a snazzy card. – Yes, it glows in the dark. | – 谢谢 名片真是时髦 – 它在黑暗中会发光 |
[01:39] | So do I. | 我也会 |
[01:43] | So how’s everybody at Cheers? | 欢乐酒店的各位还好吗 |
[01:46] | Yeah, oh, wow. Uh, well, let’s see… | 呃 我想想 |
[01:49] | you know that Rebecca finally married that plumber? | 你知道Rebecca最后嫁给了那个水管工吗 |
[01:52] | Yes, yes… it’s ironic, isn’t it? | 是啊 真够讽刺的 |
[01:54] | You know, she spends all her energy trying to land some | 当初她掏空心思想要傍个大款 |
[01:56] | rich guy and ends up with an ordinary plumber. | 谁知嫁个了普通水管工 |
[01:58] | Well, that ordinary plumber struck gold. | 这个普通水管工可挖到宝了 |
[02:01] | He’s got a patent on some low-flow toilet thing. | 获得了什么低流量马桶的专利 |
[02:04] | He’s rich beyond her wildest dreams. | 她做梦也想不到他有多富 |
[02:06] | – Well, I’m happy for her. – Don’t be. He dumped her. | – 真替她高兴 – 不用了 他把她甩了 |
[02:12] | – She’s back at the bar. – Working at Cheers again? | – 她又回到酒吧了 – 回到欢乐酒店工作吗 |
[02:16] | No, she’s just back at the bar. | 不是 只是重新回到酒吧 |
[02:20] | Hey, you know, here’s some good news: | 还是有些好消息的 |
[02:22] | Woody and Kelly, they had a baby boy. | Woody和Kelly生了个小男孩 |
[02:25] | Oh, that is wonderful! | 噢 好极了 |
[02:28] | Is he…? | 他有没有 |
[02:29] | No, he’s smart. | 没有 他很正常 |
[02:35] | Oh! Well, Genetics takes a holiday, huh? | 听说Genetics放了长假是吧 |
[02:38] | – So, Sam, you want to continue this over some lunch? – Yeah,I’d like that. | – 我们吃个午饭接着聊怎么样 – 好啊 |
[02:41] | – So, are Norm and Cliff still holding up the bar? | – Norm 和 Cliff还支撑着酒吧吗 |
[02:43] | – Uh, well, Norm is, but Cliff hasn’t been in for a while. – Yeah. | – 只有Norm了 Cliff走了有一阵了 – 是嘛 |
[02:46] | Evidently, he read this article about flesh-eating bacteria | 显然他读了篇有关食肉菌的文章之后 |
[02:49] | and he hasn’t left his mom’s house since. | 就没敢离开过他妈妈家 |
[02:53] | But, you know, there’s a good side to that, though, | 可怎么说的 也有好的一面 |
[02:54] | ’cause a lot of people who haven’t been around for a while | 好久不见的大伙 |
[02:57] | – are starting to come back to the bar. – Oh | – 又回到酒吧来了 – 噢 |
[03:05] | Hey, Daph, Sam was a major league ballplayer. | 嘿 Daph Sam可是个大联盟棒球手 |
[03:08] | Put out the good china. | 快把好瓷具收好 |
[03:09] | Oh, yes, and while you’re at it don’t forget the Limoges spittoon. | 噢对了 收的时候别忘了利摩日痰盂 |
[03:15] | Well, as far as I’m concerned, Sam Malone’s the most important | 依我看 Sam可是来过我们家的所有人中 |
[03:18] | person ever to set foot in this apartment. | 最有名的啊 |
[03:20] | I don’t understand this American obsession with sports figures. | 真搞不懂美国人怎么这么痴迷体育明星 |
[03:24] | They’re all so superficial. | 他们都很肤浅的 |
[03:25] | Yeah, it’s not like they do anything real important | 对啊 他们从来不做真正重要的事情 |
[03:28] | like sit on a throne or christen ships. | 比如干坐在宝座或者有名字的船上 |
[03:31] | Hey, Niles, why didn’t you bring Maris tonight? | 嘿 Niles 今晚怎么没带Maris过来 |
[03:34] | I’m supposed to ask Maris to spend an evening with a baseball player? | 叫Maris来和个棒球选手待一晚上吗 |
[03:38] | Why don’t I just ask her to rub my shoulders? | 还不如直接叫她帮我揉肩呢 |
[03:44] | – Here we are. – Wow, look at this. | – 到了 – 哇 瞧这地方 |
[03:47] | Man, you got quite a babe magnet here. | 老弟 这儿能迷死万千少女了 |
[03:50] | Oh, Sam Malone! | 哦 Sam Malone! |
[03:52] | Hey, I’m Marty Crane! I’m one your biggest fans! | 嘿 我是Marty Crane 你的铁杆粉丝 |
[03:56] | Yeah, I was at the Kingdome night | 你放弃四连全垒打那晚 |
[03:58] | you gave up four consecutive home runs. | 我就在国王球场看着呢 |
[04:02] | I bet you remember that, don’t you? | 我猜你还记得吧 |
[04:04] | Well, actually I don’t. You see, that was during my drinking phase. | 呃 不大记得了 那时我喝了酒 |
[04:08] | – Did I hit anybody? Did I hurt them? – No. | – 我有打人吗 伤到谁了吗 – 没有 |
[04:11] | Hey, then that was a good game then. | 嘿 看来那场比赛还不赖 |
[04:15] | Hey, Sam, this is my chair. You want to sit in it? | 嘿 Sam 这是我的宝座 要不要坐一下 |
[04:17] | Oh, yeah. Well, maybe later. | 噢 好啊 待会再坐吧 |
[04:21] | I’ll keep it warm for you. | 我帮你暖一下 |
[04:24] | Oh, Sam, this is my brother, Dr Niles Crane. | 噢Sam 这是我弟Niles Crane医生 |
[04:28] | Pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[04:28] | Yeah, you too. Wow… man, this is freaky. | 我也是 哇 天啊 真奇怪 |
[04:31] | He looks just like you did when I met you. | 他看起来就像我初次见你一模一样 |
[04:37] | What happened? | 岁月都对你做了什么 |
[04:40] | Wasn’t exactly a health club you were running there, Sam. | 说明你开的俱乐部不太健康 Sam |
[04:45] | This is strange. I gotta tell you, you see, I didn’t know he had a brother. | 真意外 我得说 我都不知道他还有个弟弟 |
[04:53] | Frasier, I don’t mind telling you I’m a little offended that | Frasier, 你这太过分了 一直以来交换礼物 |
[04:55] | in all the time you spent swapping bon mots with the beer-nut set, | 你都是几句名言换我的佐酒花生 这也就算了 |
[04:58] | you never once mentioned you had a brother? | 你竟然没提过你有个弟弟 |
[05:00] | Well, you know, the truth is, I bet he said something, | 呃 事实上 我想他有说过的 |
[05:03] | it’s just that when Frasier gets going you kind of have to tune him out. | 可每当Frasier一开口 就想忽略他 |
[05:07] | That’s a good slogan for his radio show – | 这可以当他电台节目的广告语了 |
[05:08] | “Dr. Frasier Crane: | “Frasier Crane医生 |
[05:09] | when he gets going, you have to tune him out.” | 当他一开口 请自动忽略” |
[05:13] | Hey, what did he say about me, Sam? His father, the old cop? | 嘿 那他是怎么说我的 Sam 他父亲 老警察吗 |
[05:17] | Um, he told me you were dead. | 呃 他说您去世了 |
[05:22] | – Dead? – Well,We had had an argument. | – 死了 – 呃 那时我们刚吵了一架 |
[05:24] | You called me a stuffed shirt and hung up on me. I was mad. | 你还说我狂妄自大挂了我电话 我当时很生气 |
[05:28] | You’re a cop? You told me he was a research scientist. | 你是警察吗 你不是说他是个研究科学家吗 |
[05:34] | You were dead! What did it matter? | 你都死了 做什么有区别吗 |
[05:41] | – Hello – Oh, Daphne, this is Sam Malone. | – 你好 – 噢 Daphne 这是Sam Malone |
[05:45] | Sam, this is Daphne Moon, Dad’s physical therapist | Sam 这是Daphne Moon 老爸的理疗师 |
[05:48] | Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[05:50] | Daphne’s from England. | Daphne是英国人 |
[05:51] | Yeah, boy, I’ve always been a sucker for the English accent. | 是嘛 老天 我对英国口音毫无招架之力 |
[05:54] | No matter what you say, | 无论说的是什么 |
[05:55] | it always sounds so classy and sophisticated. | 在我听来都是那么的优雅高贵 |
[06:02] | See what I mean? That kills me every time. | 你们懂我意思吗 真要命 |
[06:05] | Hey, let me get that for you. | 嘿 让我来吧 |
[06:07] | A pretty lady like you shouldn’t spend her whole evening in the kitchen. | 像你这样的窈窕淑女不该把整晚时间都花在厨房的 |
[06:18] | Is it my imagination, or is Sam flirting with Daphne? | 到底是我错觉 抑或Sam在和Daphne调情吗 |
[06:21] | Of course he’s flirting with her.He flirts with everybody. | 必须调情 他来者不拒 |
[06:24] | He can’t help it, he’s a sexual compulsive. | 他控制不住 因为有性行为强迫症 |
[06:26] | But he’s getting help for it in a support group. | 不过已经在参加互助交流会了 |
[06:32] | Did he miss a meeting? | 少参加了一次吧他 |
[06:41] | Hello? You’d like to speak to Sam? | 你好 你找Sam吗 |
[06:45] | Well, who’s calling, please? Sheila? | 好吧 请问您哪位 Sheila? |
[06:51] | Um… yes, well, he’s not here right now, but I’m expecting him soon. | 呃 是啊 他现在不在 不过我猜他快到了 |
[06:56] | – No! Number two! – Uh… I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I was mistaken. | – 错了 是对策二 – 呃 抱歉抱歉 我搞错了 |
[07:01] | He WAS here, but, uh, he left. | 他之前在这儿 可他离开了 |
[07:07] | Well, yes, I’ll give him the message. Thank you. | 好的 我会转达你的信息的 谢谢 |
[07:10] | I’m sorry, Sam, I’m a little out of practice. | 抱歉Sam 我有些疏于练习了 |
[07:15] | So, uh, who’s Sheila? | 那么 Sheila是谁 |
[07:19] | Just the um… woman I’m supposed to marry. | 就是个 我应该结婚的女人 |
[07:23] | Marry? When? | 结婚 什么时候 |
[07:26] | Uh, oh boy. Um, yesterday. | 呃 天啊 呃 昨天 |
[07:31] | – Yesterday? – Yeah… I don’t want to talk about it, Frasier. | – 昨天 – 对啊 我不想谈这个 Frasier |
[07:34] | – But Sam… – Frase, please? Just… | – 可Sam – Frase 拜托了 你就 |
[07:38] | Oh, wow. Hey, something sure smells yummy here. | 噢 哇 有些什么闻起来好好吃 |
[07:46] | The smell… And I thought… | 味道 我还以为 |
[07:50] | Come on, Sam, one more. | 来嘛 Sam 再来一个 |
[07:52] | Um, let’s see. 1949, Yankees, initials VR. | 呃 让我想想 1949 洋基队 姓名首字母VR |
[07:58] | – Vic Raschi – Oh, man, you’re great! He’s amazing. | – Vic Raschi – 哦 老天 答对了 他很厉害 |
[08:01] | All you have to do is give him the city, the date and the initials | 你只要给他城市 日期 姓名首字母 |
[08:04] | and he gets it every time. | 他每次都猜对 |
[08:05] | That’s very similar to a game Frasier and I play. I’ll go first. | 这跟我和Frasier玩的一个游戏类似 我先来 |
[08:10] | 1962, Prague Philharmonic, viola section, initials CM. | 1962 布拉格爱乐乐团 中提琴组 首字母CM |
[08:14] | – Czeslaw Milovicz. – Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! | – Czeslaw Milovicz. – 错了 错了 |
[08:17] | No, no, no, I’m sorry,I’m sorry. Milovicz was first viola the year before, | 不对 我很遗憾 Milovicz是前一年的第一中提琴 |
[08:21] | but by ’62, he’d developed rosin poisoning and no longer be able to pluck. | 可在62年 他松香中毒 再也不能拉琴了 |
[08:25] | Oh, damn! That’s a trick question! | 哦 该死的 你故意捉弄我 |
[08:32] | Well, I’m off to bed. | 好了 我先去睡了 |
[08:34] | Thanks, Sam. The chair’s all yours. | 谢了Sam 宝座是你的了 |
[08:38] | Come on! | 来嘛 |
[08:42] | Oh, yeah. That’s very nice. | 噢 好棒 好舒服 |
[08:46] | – Night, all. – Good night, Dad. | – 各位晚安 – 晚安 老爸 |
[08:48] | – I’m turning in – Pleasant dreams. | – 我也要睡了 – 好梦 |
[08:51] | Well, no problem there. | 好的 必须的 |
[08:55] | Well, I guess I’d better be getting back to my Maris. | 好了 我先回去找Maris了 |
[08:57] | If the clock strikes twelve | 如果时钟敲响到12点 |
[08:59] | and she hasn’t felt my kiss upon her forehead she gets nervous. | 她还没有感到我在她前额的深吻 她会发神经的 |
[09:02] | – Sam, it’s been a pleasure meeting you. – Yeah, you too. | – Sam 很高兴见到你 – 我也是 |
[09:05] | Hey listen… if you want to really put a smile on Maris’s face | 嘿 听着 若是你真想让Maris高兴 |
[09:08] | Let me tell you what you do. | 我教你怎么做 |
[09:13] | Exactly where am I supposed to find | 这点钟我上哪找 |
[09:14] | whipped cream and a car battery at this hour? | 生奶油和汽车电池呢 |
[09:19] | You got neighbors, don’t you? | 你不是有邻居嘛 |
[09:28] | Well, Sam, now that everybody’s gone, | 好了Sam 现在只剩我们俩了 |
[09:30] | there was something I wanted to bring up. | 我有件事要问你 |
[09:32] | I just – what is it, what is it… Oh yes, yes, | 是什么来着 噢 对了 对了 |
[09:35] | I remember: what the hell do you mean you were about to get married?! | 我记得是 你说要结婚是什么意思 |
[09:39] | All right, all right. Uh, well, I met this girl six months ago | 好啦 是这样的 我半年前遇到这个女孩 |
[09:44] | and we were supposed to get married. | 然后我们是时候结婚了 |
[09:47] | And yesterday I was standing in this church | 昨天我就站在教堂里 |
[09:49] | facing this minister and I hear him say, | 看着牧师 听到他说 |
[09:52] | “Will you take this woman to be your wife?” And I said, | “你愿意娶这位女士成为你的妻子吗” 然后我说 |
[09:56] | “Who, me?” The next thing you know | “谁 我吗” 接下来我知道的就是 |
[10:00] | I’m running down the aisle and I didn’t stop running till I got here. | 自己从过道跑走了 一路跑到这里 |
[10:04] | So, you’re not in Seattle because of the Mariners? | 所以你不是因为水手队才来西雅图的咯 |
[10:06] | Believe me, no ballplayer is in Seattle because of the Mariners. | 相信我 没有球员会因为水手队来西雅图的 |
[10:11] | All right, all right. Sam, come, let’s have a seat here | 好吧 Sam 来 咱们坐这儿 |
[10:15] | and start this thing from the very beginning. | 从头到尾给我讲讲吧 |
[10:17] | – Now, who is this woman? – Oh, she’s a terrific person. | – 那么 那女人是谁 – 噢 她是个尤物 |
[10:22] | She’s smart, she’s funny, she’s horny. | 睿智幽默 性欲旺盛 |
[10:24] | I mean, she’s just the kind of chick | 我是说 她就是那种 |
[10:26] | you want to stick up on a pedestal. | 你愿意插在台座上当摆设的小妞儿 |
[10:29] | You know, Sam, it’s always amazed me | 知道吗 Sam 让我诧异的是 |
[10:30] | how you can elevate and demean in the same sentence. | 你怎么总能在一句话里褒贬合一 |
[10:36] | – What? – Forget it. | – 什么 – 没事儿 |
[10:39] | Well, how do you think she found me here? I mean… | 呃 那你觉得她是怎么找到这儿来的呢 我是说 |
[10:42] | Well, it’s my guess, Sam, | 我猜是 Sam |
[10:43] | that you left a lot of clues as to where you were | 你留下了很多线索 |
[10:45] | because basically you wanted her to find you. | 因为你希望她能找到你 |
[10:48] | I have a feeling that you actually want to marry this girl. | 我觉得你其实是想和她结婚的 |
[10:55] | Yeah? I don’t know… | 是吗 不知道啊 |
[10:57] | Look, Sam, all that happened was you panicked. It’s perfectly natural. | 听着 Sam 一切皆因你惶恐不安 这很正常 |
[11:00] | You know, the wedding ceremony represents the end of your old life. | 婚礼代表你要告别过去的生活了 |
[11:06] | I tell you, man, she’s one in a million,you know? | 跟你说吧 老兄 她可是万里挑一的 |
[11:09] | You know, for most guys that’s just an expression. | 我跟你说吧 对大多数男人来说这其实是句客套话 |
[11:17] | You know,Sam,I have a feeling that you’re | Sam 我觉得你已经准备好 |
[11:20] | finally ready for a commitment like this. | 去接受一份这样的承诺了 |
[11:23] | I think you ought to get on that phone and call her. | 我觉得你应该给她打个电话 |
[11:25] | What would I say to her,though? | 那我说什么好呢 |
[11:27] | Well, just tell her you panicked and ran. Tell her the truth. | 呃 就告诉她你一时慌了才逃婚的 实话实说 |
[11:30] | I mean, after all, honesty is the cornerstone of a healthy relationship. | 毕竟 坦诚是健康婚姻的基石 |
[11:36] | Hey, thank you. | 嘿 谢谢你 |
[11:39] | You know, it’s time I stepped up | 是时候勇敢走一步 |
[11:41] | to the plate and stopped acting like a kid. | 停止孩子般的幼稚行为了 |
[11:43] | Absolutely. Geez, the only question now is, will she still take you back? | 完全正确 天啊 现在唯一的问题是 她还会要你吗 |
[11:58] | She actually forgave him? | 她真的原谅他了 |
[12:00] | Yes, yes… More than that, she’s on her way here in a plane right now. | 对啊 不知这样 她现在就在飞往这里的飞机上 |
[12:03] | They’re gonna get married in Hawaii. | 他们准备去夏威夷结婚 |
[12:04] | Same old story. Love triumphs over Roz. | 又是老一套 真爱胜过Roz |
[12:09] | Oh Roz, don’t be a sore loser, will you, please? | 噢Roz 别有酸葡萄心理 好吧 拜托了 |
[12:11] | Look,I invited them here on their way in from the airport. | 听着 我邀请了他们在从机场进城途中到这里来 |
[12:14] | I remember my wedding day, | 我记得我结婚那天 |
[12:15] | Standing at the altar,feeling faint,shaky,sweating. | 站在圣坛上虚弱无力 颤颤巍巍 大汗淋漓 |
[12:18] | I remember Maris was so distraught thinking I might have cold feet. | 还记得Maris发狂地以为我要临阵脱逃 |
[12:21] | I’ll never forget | 我永远不会忘记 |
[12:21] | how relieved she was to learn that it was | 当她得知这只是 |
[12:23] | just a congenital heart murmur | 将会折磨我余生的先天性心脏杂音时 |
[12:24] | that would plague me for the rest of my life. | 是多么的如释重负 |
[12:28] | – Hey, everybody. – Oh, Sam! | – 嘿 大家好 – 噢 Sam |
[12:30] | Here she is, the future Mrs.Sam Malone. | 向你们介绍 准Sam Malone太太 |
[12:34] | Sheila,this is Frasier. | Sheila 这是Frasier |
[12:36] | Hello, Frasier, it’s nice to finally meet you. | 你好 Frasier 很高兴终于见到你了 |
[12:38] | Sheila, likewise. Uh, this is Roz and Niles. | Sheila 我也是 呃 这两位是Roz和Niles |
[12:42] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | – 恭喜你们 – 谢谢 |
[12:43] | You want to sit down? I’ll get us some coffee or something. | 你先坐一下 我去买点咖啡或别的 |
[12:45] | You know,actually Sam,it was sort of a long flight. | 实际上 Sam 坐了那么久飞机 |
[12:48] | I was hoping maybe to go back to the hotel and freshen up. | 我想回酒店梳洗一下 |
[12:52] | Well, all right, whatever. Will you join us for dinner about 8:00? | 噢 好吧 都可以 8点一起吃晚餐吧 |
[12:56] | Sure. Right… right. | 当然 好的 好的 |
[12:58] | Uh, well I guess we’re off to freshen up a little. | 呃 那我们先回去稍加梳洗一下 |
[13:05] | – Oh, my God! – Well, she was cute | – 我的妈呀 – 呃 她挺漂亮的 |
[13:07] | but she’s not an,”Oh, my god.” | 但不至于”我的妈呀”吧 |
[13:10] | No, no, no. Not that “Oh, my god.” | 不不 不是那个”我的妈呀” |
[13:13] | Oh, my God, I slept with her three months ago. | 我的妈呀 我三个月前睡过她 |
[13:18] | – You slept with her? – Yes. | – 你睡过她 – 是的 |
[13:21] | On what desert island with no hope of rescue was this? | 你说的在孤立无援的寂寞沙洲就指这个 |
[13:27] | I was… I was in Boston for a long weekend. | 我当时在波士顿过长周末 |
[13:30] | I was feeling a little depressed | 情绪有点低落 |
[13:32] | so I took solace in the arms of a beautiful | 因而在旅店酒吧里美丽热情的 |
[13:38] | and remarkably welcoming young woman in a hotel bar. | 年轻姑娘怀里寻求慰藉 |
[13:41] | – And that was she? – No, Niles. | – 那就是她吗 – 不是的 Niles |
[13:44] | I told you that for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Of course it was she! | 我毫无原因的跟你说了这么多 当然是她了 |
[13:49] | Did you see the way she ran out of here the minute she saw me? | 你们注意到她一见到我就落荒而逃的样子没 |
[13:51] | Ah, yes. The trademark of all your bed mates. | 啊 对啊 你所有床第伴侣的典型行为 |
[13:57] | Wait a minute.Three months ago? | 等等 三个月前 |
[13:59] | Didn’t Sam say they’d been together for six months? | Sam不是说他们在一起半年了吗 |
[14:03] | Well, it looks like this horse race is on again. | 哇 看来我这匹老马又要重回赛场了 |
[14:07] | Oh, put the weapon down! Stop it, Roz! | 噢 放下武器 消停一下吧 Roz |
[14:10] | Have you no scruples whatsoever? | 难道你一点儿道德顾虑都没有吗 |
[14:12] | You slept with your friend’s fiancee! | 是你睡了你朋友的未婚妻 |
[14:13] | Well, I didn’t know that at the time! | 呃 那时候我还不知道嘛 |
[14:16] | Surely you have to tell Sam about this. | 这你肯定要跟Sam说 |
[14:17] | Oh, what, and ruin our relationship as well as theirs?! | 什么 要让我们以及他俩的关系都毁于一旦吗 |
[14:21] | What I’ve got to do is, | 我觉得首当其冲的是 |
[14:21] | actually I’ve got to speak to her first. Hear her side of this story. | 我该找她谈谈 听听她的说法 |
[14:25] | I mean, after all, there are hundreds of reasons why people have affairs. | 我意思是 毕竟人们出轨总是有成千上万种理由的 |
[14:28] | Roz, you want to get us started? | Roz 你可以发起攻击了 |
[14:31] | Niles.Well,there’s got to be some explanation. | Niles 我觉得一定是有原因的 |
[14:33] | Maybe they stopped seeing each other for a couple of weeks. | 也许他们那几周没在交往了 |
[14:36] | Maybe Sam cheated on her and she was just doing it to get even with him. | 也许Sam出轨了 所以她也出轨报复 |
[14:40] | Or, who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[14:40] | Maybe she just found me completely irresistible. | 也许她就是觉得我有一种令人无法抗拒的魅力 |
[14:42] | Oh, yeah, that’s it! | 噢 对了 就是这样的 |
[14:43] | – Oh, all right! – You struck gold there.Frasier! | – 噢 这样吗 – 你在那挖到宝了 Frasier |
[14:53] | – Hello,Frasier. – Hello, Sheila. Good to see you again. | – 你好 Frasier – 你好 Sheila 又见面了 |
[14:57] | Sam, you are one lucky guy! | Sam 你这家伙真是有福气 |
[15:00] | He’s out getting our plane tickets. | 他出去买机票了 |
[15:02] | Oh, good. Look, you have some explaining to do, young lady! | 噢 更好 你有什么要解释的吗 这位小姐 |
[15:05] | – Okay, okay.Wine? – No, thank you. | – 好吧 喝酒吗 – 不了 谢谢 |
[15:08] | Look… first of all,I know this doesn’t excuse what I did, | 这样的 首先我想说 这不是我开脱的理由 |
[15:14] | but I had no idea that you were a friend of Sam’s. | 可我当初真的不知道你是Sam的朋友 |
[15:17] | I’m a sexual compulsive. | 我有性行为强迫症 |
[15:19] | That’s how Sam and I met, in group. | 我和Sam还是在互助交流会上认识的 |
[15:25] | Look,that night I spent with you, I guess I just kind of fell off the wagon. | 而我和你在一起那晚 我猜是旧瘾复发 |
[15:31] | What I did was terrible.I felt awful afterwards. | 太糟糕了 事后我也很后悔 |
[15:34] | It ended up being a kind of turning point for me. | 那正好是我的一个拐点 |
[15:38] | That’s how it is with addiction, | 上瘾了就是这样的 |
[15:40] | before you can get better you have to hit rock bottom. | 在感觉变好之前总要跌至谷底的 |
[15:47] | Yes. Well… | 哦 好吧 |
[15:50] | I’m glad I could be down there for you. | 很高兴见到你的谷底 |
[15:56] | Listen, Frasier, I’m human. I made a mistake. | 听着 Frasier 我非圣人 孰能无过 |
[16:00] | Can you understand that? | 你能理解吗 |
[16:02] | Oh, of course I can understand, Sheila. | 哦 我当然理解 Sheila |
[16:05] | And I sympathize.I’ve had many patients that share your affliction, | 我深表同情 我很多病人都有你这种苦恼 |
[16:09] | although, to date you’re the only one I’ve met who can hit | 虽然至今你是我见过的 |
[16:11] | the emergency button of an elevator with a stiletto heel. | 唯一能用细高跟踩到电梯紧急按钮的 |
[16:16] | I want you to know that I love Sam | 我想让你知道我很爱Sam |
[16:18] | and I’m going to do everything I can to make this marriage work. | 我会竭尽所能维持好这段婚姻 |
[16:22] | Well, you certainly do seem sincere about this. | 哦 看得出你是很真诚的 |
[16:25] | I think, in all good conscience I can support this marriage, | 抚心自问 我当然是支持这场婚礼的 |
[16:28] | but I want you to know if you start to feel yourself slipping, | 不过你要知道 一旦你发现自己又开始堕落了 |
[16:32] | here’s my number. | 打给我 |
[16:35] | No, no. So I can help you as a psychiatrist! | 不不不 我会以心理医生身份帮助你的 |
[16:39] | Oh! Thank you. | 噢 谢谢 |
[16:41] | Oh, and…I think it’s probably best | 哦 还有 我觉得最好 |
[16:43] | if maybe we don’t tell Sam about the two of us. | 别跟Sam说我们之间的事了 |
[16:47] | – Agreed. – It’s not that I have a guilty conscience or anything. | – 同意 – 这不是因为我内疚或什么的 |
[16:49] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[16:54] | You all right? | 你还好吧 |
[16:57] | Got a little charley horse,Sam. | 突然抽筋了 Sam |
[16:59] | – Did you get the tickets, Sam? – Yeah, I did. They’re right here. | – 买到票了吗 Sam – 是的 在这儿呢 |
[17:04] | I’m so happy. By this time tomorrow, | 我好兴奋 明天这个时候 |
[17:07] | we’ll be Mr and Mrs Sam Malone. | 我们就是Malone夫妇了 |
[17:09] | Yeah… um, listen, I want to talk to you about that. | 是啊 呃 关于这个我想跟你谈谈 |
[17:15] | Um,Frasier said something | 那天Frasier跟我说了句话 |
[17:17] | the other day that really stuck in my mind. | 一直萦绕在我脑海里 |
[17:21] | Well, that’s a first. What did I say? | 是吗 这可是头一遭 我说了什么 |
[17:24] | You know,That thing about honesty being something of something… | 就是那句 坦诚是什么的什么 |
[17:28] | It was pro-honesty. | 就是主张实话实说的 |
[17:33] | Being the cornerstone of a good relationship? | 是一段健康感情关系的基石吗 |
[17:35] | Yeah, right. Well, that really stuck in my mind. | 对 没错 一直萦绕我脑海中 |
[17:39] | Uh…to tell you the truth,I haven’t been honest with you,Sheila. | 呃 老实说 我有事欺骗了你 Sheila |
[17:45] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[17:47] | When we get married,I want us to have a clean slate, sweetheart, you know? | 既然要结婚 我希望我们是坦诚相待的 懂吗宝贝 |
[17:52] | Boy,I hope you can forgive me for this, | 老天 我希望这次你能原谅我 |
[17:55] | but a few months ago, I had a slip. | 几个月前 我失足了 |
[17:59] | Actually,It was two slips, but they happened simultaneous, | 实际是失足了两次 但因为这两次是连续发生的 |
[18:02] | so I’m counting it as one. | 所以我按一次算 |
[18:07] | Was this after you were engaged? | 是在你们订婚之后吗 |
[18:10] | Uh, actually, it was that night. | 呃 其实就是订婚当晚 |
[18:16] | I’m… I’m so sorry. | 我 我很抱歉 |
[18:18] | Listen, it has not happened since | 听着 自那以后都也没有过了 |
[18:20] | and I swear to God it will not happen again. | 我发誓以后也不会有 |
[18:23] | – Sam,I forgive you. – You do? | – Sam 我原谅你 – 真的吗 |
[18:25] | Actually,I’m relieved. | 其实我松了口气 |
[18:27] | Because I have something that I need to confess to you. | 我也有要跟你坦白 |
[18:31] | You’re not the only one who…slipped. | 你不是唯一 失足的人 |
[18:34] | You know… I think it’s time you guys had a little privacy. | 这样吧 我觉得你们俩单独谈比较好 |
[18:37] | No, no. Frasier, you’re responsible | 不 Frasier 我们现在到这个地步 |
[18:39] | for getting us this far now. We have no secrets. | 都是因为你 我们之间没有秘密 |
[18:43] | All right. Who? | 好吧 是谁 |
[18:47] | Well, that’s what makes it so tough. It was someone from Cheers. | 呃 很难说出口 因为是欢乐酒店的人 |
[18:52] | Uh… you know, I just remembered.I parked in a loading zone! I’d better… | 呃 我突然想起 我把车停在装载区了 我先去 |
[18:55] | Sam, I slept with Paul. | Sam 我和Paul睡过 |
[18:58] | Paul? Paul? | |
[19:01] | – Short? – Bald? | – 矮个 – 秃头 |
[19:02] | – Fat? – Paul? | – 胖子 – Paul |
[19:05] | I didn’t say he was good. | 我没说他好啊 |
[19:09] | Well, you know. All right. I understand that. | 呃 好吧 没关系 我能理解 |
[19:11] | You were giving Paul a break or something, you know? | 你这是给了Paul一个机会啊 |
[19:15] | I can forgive that. This is what this is all about, isn’t it – forgiveness? | 我原谅你 我们想要的就是这样嘛 不是吗 原谅对方 |
[19:18] | Yes, yes. OK. You told one, you told one. | 是的是的 你说了一个 你也说了一个 |
[19:21] | That’s right. We’re all even. Let’s go eat. | 非常好 两清了 吃饭去吧 |
[19:25] | – There was someone else. – What, are we still on this? | – 还有别人 – 什么 我们还在说这事儿吗 |
[19:30] | Geez. I mean, there is honesty | 老天爷 我的意思是 已经够诚实了 |
[19:32] | and there’s beating a dead horse! | 再说就是白费口舌了 |
[19:35] | It doesn’t matter. I don’t care. It doesn’t matter who it is. | 没关系 我不介意 是谁都没关系 |
[19:38] | Yes, it does matter, Sam. | 有关系的 Sam |
[19:41] | I mean, this one is really embarrassing. | 这个真的很尴尬 |
[19:44] | I was lonely, I was desperate | 我当时很寂寞 很绝望 |
[19:46] | and I’d just been to the eye doctor and my pupils were dilated. | 而且我刚看完眼科医生 瞳孔扩张了 |
[19:51] | Oh, Sheila, for God’s sake! | 噢 Sheila 看在老天的份上 |
[19:53] | Oh, I’ll tell him. Sam, what’s she’s trying to say is… | 哦 我来说吧 Sam 其实她想说 |
[19:56] | – It was Cliff. – What? | – 是Cliff – 什么 |
[20:03] | I believe she said “Cliff”. | 我想她说的是”Cliff” |
[20:07] | Cliff Cliff? | |
[20:09] | Cliff… you? You slept with Cliff? | Cliff 你和Cliff睡过 |
[20:13] | Cliff! No, that’s it! Wedding’s off! Cliff! Oh, God! | Cliff 不是吧 就这样吧 婚礼取消 Cliff 天啊 |
[20:21] | Whoa… Frasier, you’ve got to help me. You’ve got to talk to him. | 啊 Frasier 你要帮我 你快跟他谈谈 |
[20:27] | I slept with a woman who slept with Cliff? | 我竟然睡了一个Cliff睡过的女人 |
[20:36] | Oh, boy. This will be a long flight home. | 噢 老天 回家要坐很久飞机啊 |
[20:39] | Well, I know it was painful, Sam, | 好吧 我也知道这很让人伤心 Sam |
[20:42] | but you made the right decision. | 不过你做了正确的决定 |
[20:43] | Yeah, I suppose. | 嗯 但愿如此 |
[20:46] | Jeez! Cliff! | 上帝 Cliff |
[20:50] | You’re just using Cliff as the excuse. | 你不过拿Cliff当借口嘛 |
[20:53] | We both know there were more compelling | 咱俩心里都明白你摆脱 |
[20:55] | reasons for you to back out of this thing. | 这一切是有更可信的原因的 |
[20:59] | Hmm…No, it was Cliff. | 呃 不 真的是因为Cliff |
[21:05] | You know,Sam,to put this thing aside once and for all, I… | Sam 我们干脆先撇开这些不说 我 |
[21:09] | Do you realize you’re probably | 你知道你很可能是我 |
[21:10] | the only friend I have who she didn’t sleep with. | 唯一一个没和她睡过的朋友吗 |
[21:19] | Cliff Cliff! | |
[21:22] | That is a tough one to swallow, huh? | 这是挺难以接受的哈 |
[21:26] | But, you know the important thing | 可更重要的是 |
[21:28] | is that you proved yourself ready for a commitment, | 这证明了你已经准备好承担婚姻了 |
[21:30] | even if Sheila wasn’t the one. | 虽然Sheila不是你的真命天女 |
[21:33] | Yeah…I suppose so. | 是啊 我想也是 |
[21:35] | You know, in a way, we’re both in the same boat. | 你知道吗 某程度上 我们算是坐同一条船的人了 |
[21:39] | Yeah? What do you mean? | 是吗 此话怎讲 |
[21:41] | Well, you know…We’ve tried, we’ve failed. | 呃 就是 我们尝试过 也失败过了 |
[21:47] | But we’ll try again. | 但我们还会继续出战 |
[21:49] | Sam, we’re looking for a meaningful relationship. | Sam 我们要寻求的是有意义的感情关系 |
[21:52] | Yeah, you know, that’s it. That’s the word right there – “Meaningful”. | 对的 就是这样 就是这个词 “有意义的” |
[21:56] | – We’ll find it though, buddy.I tell you. – You bet we will. | – 终将会找到的 兄弟 – 肯定会 |
[22:02] | You know, stewardesses usually hang out at the airport bar. | 知道么 空姐总是在机场酒吧里闲逛 |
[22:05] | That says “Meaningful” To me. | 这对我来说真有”有意义” |