时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Well, Caroline, if you’ve been in therapy for two years | Caroline,你要是连续接受了两年的治疗 |
[00:11] | and you feel like you’re no longer making any progress, | 感觉最近不再有进展的话 |
[00:12] | perhaps you’ve reached a plateau, | 也许你的病情已经稳定了 |
[00:15] | or you and your therapist have simply gone as far as you can together. | 或者你该考虑换个心理医生了 |
[00:19] | Maybe it’s time for a change. He’s kind of dry and long-winded. | 也许是该改变一下了 他是那种无聊又啰嗦的人 |
[00:24] | Wow ,Two years is certainly a long time | 哇 和一个无聊又啰嗦的心理医生在一起 |
[00:26] | to spend with a psychiatrist you find dry and long-winded. | 两年确实是很长的一段时间了 |
[00:29] | Amen to that. | 可不是么 |
[00:32] | Thanks, Dr Crane. you given me a lot to think about. | 多谢了 Crane医生 你让我思考良多 |
[00:36] | Would it be OK if I called back sometime and picked your brain? | 我以后还可以打电话来听听你的意见吗 |
[00:39] | Well, just consider me your mental banjo. | 当然 把我当做你的心灵港湾吧 |
[00:43] | Well that it for this fine Friday, Seattle. | 以上就是周五的全部内容 西雅图的人们 |
[00:46] | This is Frasier Crane saying we’ll see you next week. | 这里是Frasier Crane 我们下周再见 |
[00:50] | Good show, Frasier. | 表现不错噢 Frasier |
[00:53] | I’ve waited for this moment for an entire week. | 整个星期就盼着这一刻呢 |
[01:02] | That’s what I love about you, Frasier. You work hard and you play hard. | 我就喜欢你这点 你工作尽心 玩乐也尽兴 |
[01:05] | Oh Roz, You have no idea how much I’m looking forward to this weekend. | 噢 Roz 你不知道我有多期待这个周末 |
[01:09] | There comes a time when even the most conscientious of psychiatrists | 即使是最认真负责的心理医生 |
[01:12] | has had his fill of other people’s problems. | 也会对一直解决他人问题感到疲惫的 |
[01:16] | Hi. Is one of you Roz Doyle? | 请问 哪一位是Roz Doyle |
[01:18] | Yes. That’s all the clues we are gonna give you. | 你猜猜看我们俩谁叫Roz啊 |
[01:25] | A offering from one of your suitors, perhaps? | 是不是你的某个追求者送的 |
[01:29] | A nice string of pearls, a teardrop pendant… | 一串上好的珍珠项链 漂亮的泪滴吊坠 |
[01:34] | It’s a brick of cheese! | 是一大块奶酪 |
[01:39] | On the right chain I can see that looking smart. | 从好的方面看 至少这样很新颖 |
[01:42] | It’s from my family. | 是家里人寄来的 |
[01:44] | They’re in Wisconsin | 他们在威斯康辛 |
[01:45] | at my uncle’s dairy farm having the reunion. | 在我叔叔的奶牛场里举行家庭聚会呢 |
[01:48] | Why didn’t you go, Roz? | 你怎么没去呢 Roz |
[01:49] | There wasn’t time. Now I wish I gone. | 没时间啊 现在我忽然很想去了 |
[01:51] | Frasier, we always have so much fun. | Frasier 我们每次聚会都超级好玩 |
[01:54] | Like this one time there was this huge cheese party | 比如有一次有个很大的奶酪派对 |
[01:56] | and one of my uncles start speaking in cheese language. | 然后我一个叔叔开始用奶酪语说话 |
[01:59] | Instead of saying, “Hello, how are you?” | 他不说”哈喽 你好吗” |
[02:01] | He said, “Hello, Havarti?” | 他说”哈喽 哈瓦提” |
[02:05] | Someone else would go, “Oh, I’m Gouda.” | 然后就有人说”我很古达” |
[02:10] | Oh I don’t know What would come after that? | 噢 我都不知道后面该怎么接了 |
[02:12] | Well, if I’d been there, the sound of a gunshot. | 要是我在场的话 接下来就是一声枪响 |
[02:16] | Don’t make fun. I miss those people. | 别取笑这事 我可想他们了 |
[02:19] | Oh Roz. There, there. | 噢 Roz 好了 好了 |
[02:23] | – We play games and sing songs. – of course I know. | – 我们做游戏唱歌多快乐 – 当然了 我知道 |
[02:26] | And Aunt Libby does cannonballs into the lake. | 还有Libby姑姑还会炮弹跳水到湖里 |
[02:30] | The memories must be… | 这些记忆肯定很 |
[02:31] | And Uncle Ned has too much to drink | 而且Ned叔叔一喝多了 |
[02:33] | and he start puts pants on all the cows. | 就会给所有牛穿上裤子 |
[02:38] | Listen Roz, if what you looking for is family fun tonight, | 嘿 Roz 如果你只是怀念家庭的欢乐 |
[02:42] | why don’t you come to my place? It’s my dad’s birthday. | 不如去我那吧 今天我爸过生日 |
[02:44] | I completely forgot about it last year.I would make up for him this year. | 去年我忘得一干二净 今年得好好补偿他 |
[02:46] | There’s just one rule – no work, just a good time. | 就一条规矩 不谈工作 好好玩 |
[02:49] | Frasier I don’t think I’d be much fun. | Frasier 我去了肯定会煞风景的 |
[02:51] | Roz I insist. | Roz 你一定要来 |
[02:53] | There’s no one I enjoy partying with more than you | 我最想与之一起参加派对的人就是你了 |
[02:55] | and I just hate to see you like this. I camembert it. | 我真不想看你这个样子 我卡门培尔这事 |
[03:02] | Oh, so sweet. | 噢 你太好了 |
[03:11] | All right! It’s someone’s birthday. | 好极了 今天是某人的生日哟 |
[03:15] | I hope you’re all in the mood for a party. I know I am. | 希望大家都准备好迎接派对 我可期待已久了 |
[03:19] | – You’re bloody impossible! – You’re a bloody nag! | – 你真他妈不可思议 – 你真他妈爱抱怨 |
[03:22] | – Don’t you shake that cane at me! – Quack, quack, quack. Hey! | – 你再用拐杖指着我 – 嘎嘎嘎地真聒噪 喂 |
[03:26] | For heaven’s sake, not again. | 我的老天爷啊 又来 |
[03:29] | Just decided what I want for my birthday: fire Daphne! | 想好我的生日愿望了 炒了Daphne |
[03:32] | You’d have to rehire me first. Because I quit. | 那你得先请我回来 因为老娘不干了 |
[03:35] | I hope I never see this place | 我希望我从没来过这里 |
[03:36] | and that hateful old canker sore ever again. | 从没见到过这个讨人厌的老家伙 |
[03:40] | – Okay, what is it this time? – The usual. | – 好吧 这次又是什么事 – 还不就是那些 |
[03:42] | I ask him to do his exercise | 我让他去做复健 |
[03:44] | and he twists his face up like a mewling little baby. | 他就跟哭闹的熊孩子一样 |
[03:47] | Why don’t you tell him how you asked me to do it. | 你倒是说说你是怎么叫我的 |
[03:49] | by pouring my beer down the sink | 把我的啤酒都倒到下水道里 |
[03:50] | and banging it on a pasta pot with a wood spoon. | 用木勺狂敲平底锅 |
[03:53] | I’m here for your health I don’t have to be your friend. | 我来这是为了你的健康 没必要和你做朋友 |
[03:55] | Well. That’s Good. | 正合我意 |
[03:56] | Because I got a friend right here | 因为我已经有个朋友了 |
[03:58] | who doesn’t happen to be a yammering nag. | 而且还不会整天唧唧歪歪瞎抱怨 |
[04:00] | – Eddie, fetch! – Oh, stop this! | – Eddie 去接 – 别闹了 |
[04:03] | The two of you have the same argument all the time. | 你们俩天天都为这事吵架 |
[04:06] | You can just pick this up again tomorrow. | 就不能留着明天再吵嘛 |
[04:07] | Tonight we’re going to have a party. | 今天晚上我们要开派对了 |
[04:11] | Dad, I went down to Emilio’s and got your favorite lemon cake. | 我去艾米利奥面包房买了你最爱的柠檬蛋糕 |
[04:14] | You see, I also got some snacks and champagne. | 还买了一些零食和香槟 |
[04:16] | Can we all just agree to try and have a little fun this evening? | 就不能答应我今晚好好享受一下吗 |
[04:19] | Oh, now that is probably Roz. She’s very down this week | 估计是Roz到了 她这周心情都很糟 |
[04:22] | and what she’s in need of is a happy and carefree environment. | 她现在需要的是一个开心无忧无虑的环境 |
[04:25] | Frankly I could use the same thing. Now can you just agree maybe a truce? | 说实话我也需要 你们能不能先休个战 |
[04:30] | – Yeah, well if she keeps her mouth shut… – If he can keep his big… | – 好吧 如果她能保证不啰嗦 – 如果他可以保证不 |
[04:33] | – Roz, hello! – Hi, Frasier. | – Roz 你好啊 – 嗨 Frasier |
[04:36] | Hey, Martin. Happy birthday. | 嗨 Martin 生日快乐 |
[04:39] | You didn’t have to do this! | 你看你来就来还带啥礼物啊 |
[04:43] | Thanks, Roz. I’ll have to model it for you later. | 多谢 Roz 我待会用啤酒罐给你做个模型 |
[04:46] | He’s already modeling the last one someone gave him. | 说的好像上一个模型已经做好了似的 |
[04:50] | Listen I have a very nice evening planned. Can we all just try to be civil? | 听着 我计划了一个很美妙的夜晚 能不能都消停点 |
[04:56] | You unprincipled charlatan! | 你个不厚道的庸医 |
[04:58] | You unconscionable fraud! | 没良心的骗子 |
[05:01] | – Happy birthday, Dad. – Thanks. | – 生日快乐 老爸 – 谢谢 |
[05:03] | Niles, what are you talking about? | Niles 你这是唱哪出啊 |
[05:06] | You spoke to a patient of mine today. Caroline. | 我的一个病人 Caroline 今天和你谈了 |
[05:09] | As result of your fast-food approach to psychiatry, she left me. | 就因为你这种快餐式心理学 她离开了我 |
[05:17] | Caroline was your patient? I… | Caroline是你的病人吗 我 |
[05:19] | Two years of my hard work wiped out | 我两年的努力 |
[05:22] | by one of your two-minute McSessions. | 被你两分钟的谈话给抹杀了 |
[05:27] | Niles, I merely suggested that she consider a change. | Niles 我只不过建议她做些改变 |
[05:31] | Based on what diagnostic method? One potato, two potato? | 基于什么诊断方法 一个土豆 两个土豆 |
[05:36] | Oh, fancy that. A member of the Crane | 噢 这样多好 你们Crane家里有个人 |
[05:38] | family who doesn’t take the time to do something. | 不花时间就能做事情 |
[05:40] | – Quack! – Exactly, Dad. Quack! | – 嘎嘎(与”庸医”同音) – 说的对 老爸 庸医 |
[05:44] | – I was talking to her. – Don’t you raise your cane at her. | – 我是跟她说话呢 – 你别拿拐杖指着她 |
[05:56] | No, wait! Roz, where are you going? | 全部住嘴 Roz 你去哪儿啊 |
[06:02] | I think I’d better leave. | 我觉得我还是走吧 |
[06:03] | Oh, we were just talking.That wasn’t fighting.We were talking. | 噢 我们这是聊天呢 不是吵架 聊天呢 |
[06:05] | I’d really just rather be by myself. | 我只是想一个人待着 |
[06:09] | Thanks, guys. I had a wonderful time. | 多谢了 各位 刚刚过的挺开心的 |
[06:13] | I hope you all happy. You’ve ruined her evening. | 这下高兴了吧 你们毁了她的夜晚 |
[06:16] | Her evening? It’s my birthday. | 她的夜晚 今天可是我的生日 |
[06:18] | Right. let’s get that underway right now. Who’s ready for cake? | 别吵吵那些没用的了 谁想吃蛋糕啊 |
[06:23] | I certainly don’t want to keep anybody here | 我也不想你们 |
[06:26] | a second longer than they have to be. | 再多待一秒钟了 |
[06:27] | So let’s get this over with.Thanks for a great party! | 赶紧弄完这事吧 真是多谢了这么好的派对啊 |
[06:34] | Well There’s nothing wrong with Dad’s lungs. | 看来老爸的肺没什么问题 |
[06:39] | Every light in the city is out. It must be a blackout. | 市区的灯都灭了 肯定是停电了 |
[06:42] | Don’t panic.There’s certainly worse places we could all be in a blackout. | 别慌 还好我们是在家里 |
[06:45] | Like the elevator… | 在电梯里就惨了 |
[06:46] | Oh my God, Roz! | 我的天哪 Roz |
[06:47] | Why couldn’t it be Daphne? | 为啥不是Daphne呢 |
[06:50] | Stop doing that! | 别抢我拐杖 |
[06:56] | 您的电视并无问题 (是停电了) | |
[06:57] | – We just need to get some light here. – Eddie, where are you? | – 我们得找点光亮 – Eddie 你在哪儿呢 |
[07:00] | – Excuse me, Dr Crane. – Quite all right, Daphne. | – 抱歉 Crane医生 – 没关系 Daphne |
[07:04] | Oh, Daphne, where are the hurricane lamps? | 噢 Daphne 防风灯在哪 |
[07:06] | They’re in the kitchen I’ll get them. | 在厨房里 我去拿 |
[07:07] | – All right. Dad, why don’t you light a fire? – Excuse me, Dr Crane. | – 好的 老爸 你干嘛不点个火 – 抱歉 Crane医生 |
[07:11] | Not your fault, Daphne. | 不是你的错 Daphne |
[07:14] | Eddie! Where are you, Eddie? | Eddie 你在哪儿啊 Eddie |
[07:17] | I’ve found him! | 我找到它了 |
[07:21] | Well, that’s better. | 这下好多了 |
[07:22] | I’m going to go get my radio. See what the hell’s going on. | 我要去听听收音机 看看到底是怎么回事 |
[07:27] | Roz, Roz, are you all right? | Roz Roz 你没事吧 |
[07:30] | I’m fine. The blackout hit | 我没事 停电的时候 |
[07:32] | Just as the elevator opened on the 14th floor. | 电梯正好在14层打开了 |
[07:35] | So I stood in the hallway trying to decide | 然后我就犹豫到底是 |
[07:38] | whether to come back up here with you guys, | 上来找你们呢 |
[07:40] | or take my chances on the pitch-black streets | 还是去流窜着抢劫犯和变态的 |
[07:43] | with the muggers and the weirdos. | 漆黑的街上碰碰运气 |
[07:46] | So I went down a couple of flights… | 所以我下了几层楼梯 |
[07:50] | then I changed my mind. | 然后就改变主意了 |
[07:53] | Meanwhile somebody’s probably looting my apartment. | 说不定现在某人正洗劫我的公寓呢 |
[07:56] | Yes I hear there’s a thriving black market | 是的 我听说设计糟糕的薄木板咖啡桌 |
[07:58] | in badly designed Formica coffee tables. | 在黑市很吃香 |
[08:02] | At least I have my own sense of style. | 至少我有我自己的风格 |
[08:04] | You won’t even buy a chair unless | 要不是什么古怪的法国贵族的肥屁股坐过 |
[08:06] | some fey French aristocrat sat his fat fanny in it. | 你都不会买椅子吧 |
[08:10] | Louis XIV was not fey. Everyone wore garters in the 18th century. | 路易十四才不古怪 18世纪的人都穿吊袜带 |
[08:14] | – they were fey they did. – You know he was a big man. | – 他们就是古怪 – 你知道他是个伟人 |
[08:17] | Silence, enfants! | 安静点 孩子们 |
[08:22] | We can all sit in the dark and be miserable | 我们要么痛苦的坐在黑暗里 |
[08:24] | or we can try to have some fun. | 要么搞点娱乐活动乐呵乐呵 |
[08:27] | I’m going to call Maris. | 我要打电话给Maris |
[08:28] | Niles has voted. Who votes for fun? | Niles投”痛苦”一票 谁投”娱乐” |
[08:32] | I’m going to go get a big glass of wine. | 我要去倒一大杯酒 |
[08:34] | Well, it looks like the steaks we were going to have are out. | 嗯 看来原定计划中的牛排是吃不了了 |
[08:36] | I better go and see what I can find. | 我去看看还有什么吃的 |
[08:38] | – Sorry, Dr Crane. – Excuse me, Daphne. | – 抱歉 Crane医生 – 抱歉 Daphne |
[08:42] | Power’s out all over Seattle. They’re working on it now. | 整个西雅图都停电了 电力公司正在抢修 |
[08:45] | Hello, Maris. Thank God I got you. | 喂 Maris吗 谢天谢地终于打通了 |
[08:47] | Listen darling there is no need to panic. | 听我说 亲爱的 千万别慌张 |
[08:49] | The most important thing is to stay calm. | 这种时候最重要的就是保持冷静 |
[08:52] | About the blackout. | 停电的时候 |
[08:54] | Maris, take off your slumber mask. | Maris 揭下你的睡眠面膜 |
[08:59] | No, darling, don’t panic. Honey. No, honey, we’re… Honey. | 不 亲爱的 别慌 宝贝 别 我们要 宝贝 |
[09:07] | She’s fine. | 她没事 |
[09:14] | Ooh, yum, scrum, pig’s bum. | 噢 美味近在咫尺 |
[09:17] | Here’s something nice. | 好东西来了 |
[09:18] | Half-gallon tubs of Cookies&Cream and Vanilla Fudge. | 两大桶曲奇奶风和香草软糖味的冰淇淋 |
[09:22] | Let’s take care these right away before they melt. | 来 趁着它们融化之前消灭它们 |
[09:24] | Well, there’s no need to worry, ladies. | 女士们 不用担心这个 |
[09:26] | The freezer will keep them cold for at least 24 hours. | 冰箱至少还能保持24个小时的低温呢 |
[09:28] | – Shut up! – Shut up! | – 闭嘴 – 闭嘴 |
[09:31] | Well, I don’t like to get nostalgic, | 不是我恋旧 |
[09:33] | but it was sure great last year when you forgot my birthday. | 但你去年忘记我生日的时候真是好时光啊 |
[09:39] | You know what we need to do. We need to liven things up a little bit. | 我们得活动活动 调节下气氛 |
[09:43] | How about a game. | 玩个游戏怎么样 |
[09:44] | What was the game we played at the Rambican’s | 上次在Rambican 他们让仆人装扮成棋子 |
[09:46] | when they were costuming the servants for the living chess match? | 然后下国际象棋那时候 我们玩的是什么 |
[09:51] | Oh! Yes, I remember! It was “I’m the dullest person”. | 噢 我记起来了 叫”我是最乏味的人” |
[09:54] | At least pick a game someone else has a chance of winning. | 至少挑一个别人有机会赢的游戏吧 |
[10:01] | That’s got things shaking. OK Come on, Dad. Come on. | 这下气氛缓和不少 来嘛 老爸 来玩吧 |
[10:05] | The object is, we all get pennies | 玩法是 我们都有硬币 |
[10:07] | and we suppose to try to get the other person’s pennies. | 然后我们要想方设法得到别人的硬币 |
[10:10] | Please, slow down! | 伙计 慢点来 |
[10:13] | All right, now if I were going to go I would say, | 好的 如果轮到我了 我要说 |
[10:17] | “I am the dullest because I’ve never been on a roller coaster”. | “我是最乏味的人 因为我从没坐过过山车” |
[10:22] | All right? And then all of you that have been on a rollercoaster | 然后呢 你们要是有谁坐过 |
[10:25] | would give me a penny. | 就要给我一个硬币 |
[10:27] | Now, we all have our pennies. | 好了 现在我们都有硬币了 |
[10:30] | – Who would like to go first, Daphne? – I can’t think of anything. | – 谁想先来啊 Daphne – 我想不到说什么 |
[10:34] | Of course you can. Just say the first thing comes to mind. | 肯定有 就说你脑子里闪过的第一件事 |
[10:37] | “I’m the dullest person because…” | “我是最乏味的人 因为 |
[10:38] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 呃 |
[10:40] | Because I’ve never made love in a lift or a phone booth | 因为我从来都没有在电梯 电话亭 |
[10:44] | or on an airplane or a merry-go-round. | 飞机或旋转木马上做过爱 |
[10:47] | That’s good, | 很好很好 |
[10:48] | but strategically speaking that’s not the best way to get our pennies. | 但游戏不是这么玩的 |
[10:50] | You see it should be something that someone else might have actually… | 你应该说一些别人有可能做到的 |
[10:54] | done. | 事情 |
[11:09] | I was in college. I was trying to find myself. | 我那时候在上大学 想要寻找自我 |
[11:14] | All you needed to do was look under the nearest man. | 你只需要往最近的男人的下身看 |
[11:20] | All right, Dad, get our pennies. | 好了 老爸 来赢我们的硬币吧 |
[11:22] | I’m the dullest person because I’ve never been to France. | 我是最乏味的人 因为我从来没去过法国 |
[11:27] | Good, Dad. That’s getting into the spirit of it. | 很好 老爸 就是这样玩 |
[11:29] | All right, Niles. What’s something you’ve never done? | Niles 到你了 |
[11:31] | I’m dullest person | 我是最乏味的人 |
[11:33] | because I’ve never sabotaged my brother’s career. | 因为我从没有蓄意破坏我兄弟的工作 |
[11:36] | will you give it a rest! | 你能不能消停一会 |
[11:37] | – Your father could show you how to do that. – Quack, quack. | – 你爸爸可以教你啥叫消停 – 嘎嘎嘎 |
[11:44] | Will you people stop? You are torturing me! | 你们能不能停下 这简直在折磨我 |
[11:47] | I could report you to Amnesty international! | 都能报告给国际特赦组织了 |
[11:50] | That’s it! I’m out of here. | 就这样吧 我不玩了 |
[11:52] | oh dad dad you don’t even have cut your cake. Look, where are you going? | 喔 老爸 老爸 你都还没切蛋糕呢 你去哪儿啊 |
[11:55] | To sit in the tub with a hair dryer | 带着吹风机一起坐在浴缸里 |
[11:57] | waiting for the power to come back on | 等恢复供电电死我得了 |
[12:00] | Well. This blackout could go on all night. | 那啥 这电估计要停一晚上 |
[12:03] | It’s time I bravedl the dark streets | 我也是时候鼓起勇气穿过黑暗的街道 |
[12:04] | and get back to my Marius. | 回到Maris身边了 |
[12:05] | I just hope this isn’t like that lighting storm last month. | 只希望不要像上个月的雷暴一样 |
[12:09] | The only way I can coax Maris from | 只有用百忧解当诱饵绑在绳子上 |
[12:10] | under the bed was by tying a Prozac to the end of a string. | 才能把她从床底下骗出来 |
[12:18] | – Roz, do you want to have a little cake? – No, thanks. | – Roz 要不要吃点蛋糕 – 不用了 谢谢 |
[12:25] | – This reminds me of Wisconsin. – All dark and deserted. | – 这让我想起了威斯康辛州 – 一片漆黑的荒漠 |
[12:30] | That’s on the licence plate, isn’t it? | 这话都在汽车牌照上写着吧 |
[12:34] | Roz, what’s the real reason you didn’t go to the reunion? | Roz 你这次为什么没去家庭聚会 |
[12:36] | You’ve always made it before. | 你以前每次都去的 |
[12:39] | Well… No. | 呃 还是算了吧 |
[12:42] | You said you didn’t want to hear any more problems today | 你说了你今天放假 不想听到任何问题 |
[12:44] | and I don’t blame you. | 我不怪你 |
[12:46] | I think we have time for one more caller. | 我觉得还有时间接最后一通来电 |
[12:53] | Well, every year I go to | 每年我去参加家庭聚会 |
[12:56] | my reunion and my relatives crowd around me | 我的亲戚朋友们都会把我围起来 |
[12:59] | and I answer the same questions. | 问我同样的问题 我都是同样的回答 |
[13:02] | “No, I’m not married.” “No, I don’t have kids.” | “没 我还没结婚” “没 我还没有孩子” |
[13:06] | “Yes, I still have that tattoo.” “No, you can’t see it.” | “是的 我的纹身还在” “不 不能给你看” |
[13:12] | It’d just be nice if I could at least say, “I have a great career.” | 哪怕能说一句”我事业挺成功的”也好啊 |
[13:16] | Roz, you do have a great career. | Roz 你的事业确实挺成功啊 |
[13:19] | Tell that to my relative. According to them | 和我亲戚们去说这话吧 他们印象中 |
[13:21] | I spend four hours on the phone every day | 我就是每天花四个小时在电话上 |
[13:23] | with a bunch of losers and whackos | 跟一群屌丝 神经病 |
[13:26] | and then some tedious know-it-all | 和一些乏味又自以为是的人聊天 |
[13:28] | gives them pointless advice. | 给他们没用的建议 |
[13:35] | That’s not me talking. That’s my Uncle Ned. | 不是我说的 是我叔叔Ned |
[13:37] | Oh, yes! The cow haberdasher. | 噢 对 那个奶牛裁缝师 |
[13:43] | You know Roz, ten years ago, KACL didn’t have any women producers. | 你知道吗 Roz 十年前KACL电台没有女性制作人 |
[13:48] | You’re a pioneer. You’ve won awards. You help people. | 你是位先驱 你赢过奖 你帮助人们 |
[13:55] | Sounds right when you say it. | 你这么说听起来不错 |
[13:57] | Probably you’re just looking for too from your job. | 你只是对工作的期许太大了 |
[13:59] | You should explore other areas of your life – | 你应该多探索生活中的其他方面 |
[14:01] | interests, or maybe a serious relationship. | 找些兴趣啊 或者谈一次正经的恋爱 |
[14:06] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你说对了 |
[14:07] | I mean how long can I go on chasing these hunky 25-year-olds | 我是说 那些年轻英俊的穷小子 |
[14:11] | that are all looks and no substance? | 我还能追多久呢 |
[14:13] | – Exactly, Roz. – No, I’m serious. I’m asking, how long? Three, four years? | – 说的对 Roz – 我是说认真的 多久 三年还是四年 |
[14:20] | – Oh, bloody hell! – Daphne, are you all right? | – 噢 我去 – Daphne 你没事吧 |
[14:25] | I broke your father’s souvenir spoon rest from Atlantic City. | 我把你爸从大西洋城买的纪念匙架打碎了 |
[14:28] | Oh, good. | 噢 太好了 |
[14:31] | You know when I have my own kitchen | 我要是有了厨房 |
[14:33] | I’ll put my spoons right on the damn counter. | 我肯定就把勺子放柜台上 |
[14:36] | Like I’ve always said, | 就如我常说的 |
[14:38] | as soon as I save $2,000 I’ll get my own place. | 等我攒够2000块钱的时候 一定给自己找个地儿住 |
[14:41] | – How much have you saved? – 4,000. | – 你现在攒了多少钱了 – 4000块钱 |
[14:44] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[14:46] | What’s wrong with me? Why do I stay here? | 我有什么毛病 为什么赖在这不走 |
[14:50] | No, I’m just thinking I must be paying you too much. | 不 我在想我给你的薪水开高了 |
[14:55] | My friends all say, “You should be on your own, | 我的朋友们都说 “你应该独立起来 |
[14:58] | have a place, have a life.” | 找个地方 好好过自己的日子” |
[15:01] | Why do I stay here? | 为什么我还待在这儿 |
[15:03] | Could it be that maybe you… you like us? | 会不会是因为你 你喜欢我们 |
[15:09] | You know my grandmother used to have a cat, a mangy old thing, | 我奶奶以前养了一只猫 长癣的老东西 |
[15:12] | kept ruining the furniture and stuff. | 还总是把家具弄坏 |
[15:14] | I asked her why she kept it | 我问她为什么还养着它 |
[15:16] | and she said maybe was because she liked | 她说她喜欢 |
[15:19] | having another heartbeat in the house. | 屋子里有个活物 |
[15:24] | It just makes me feel like I’m not very ambitious. | 我就觉得自己好像胸无大志似的 |
[15:27] | I could be working in a hospital or a clinic. | 我也可以去医院或者诊所上班 |
[15:30] | Of course you could, Daphne, | 当然了 Daphne |
[15:32] | but maybe that’s not what’s important to you right now. | 但也许对你来说 那并不重要 |
[15:35] | I think you like being part of a family. What’s wrong with that? | 你喜欢作为家庭的一份子 这有什么错 |
[15:40] | Nothing, I suppose. | 大概没错吧 |
[15:42] | Although my friends wonder | 尽管我的朋友们还是好奇 |
[15:45] | how I can live with such demanding men. | 我怎么能跟这么要求苛刻的人居住在同一屋檐下 |
[15:47] | – They call me demanding? – No, they call you a pompous ass. | – 他们说我苛刻 – 不 他们叫你自大的蠢货 |
[15:54] | But you’ve learned that I’m not. | 但是你现在知道我不是那样的人 |
[15:57] | No, I’ve learned to work around it. | 不 我是学会怎么样跟你打交道了 |
[16:00] | Excuse me I’m getting a beer. | 让一让 我拿瓶啤酒 |
[16:02] | Yes I know it’s not good for me, and yes I know it’s will make me fat, | 是 我知道这对我不好 是 我知道会让我变胖 |
[16:05] | and it’s gonna keep me from good exercising. | 还有 会让我懒于锻炼 |
[16:08] | Do you have anything to add to that? | 你还有什么要加的吗 |
[16:09] | Yes. Happy birthday, you old sod. | 是的 生日快乐 你个老家伙 |
[16:18] | They try to confuse you on purpose. | 她故意这样迷惑我 |
[16:27] | Room temperature. Just like merry old | 室温下饮用最佳 像古老快乐的英格兰一样 |
[16:29] | England. Another place I’ll never get to. | 另一个我可能永远也去不了的地方 |
[16:32] | Dad, you used to talk about going to Europe when your hip improved. | 老爸 你以前说等你屁股好点了去欧洲玩 |
[16:36] | Now you say you’ll never get there. What’s changed? | 现在又说永远也不去 到底怎么了 |
[16:38] | Nothing My hip’s the same as it was a year ago. | 没什么 屁股还是去年那个屁股 |
[16:41] | I thought I’d be better by now but I’m not | 我以为今年就会好了但是没有好 |
[16:43] | and probably never gonna be. | 估计永远好不了了 |
[16:46] | You don’t understand. You’re happy just sitting on your can, | 你是不会理解的 你能坐在你的直播间里 |
[16:50] | doing your little radio show, living inside your head. | 做电台节目就开心不得了 活在自己的小世界里 |
[16:53] | I’m used to being out there. | 但我习惯了往外跑 |
[16:57] | Eddie Eddie! | |
[17:07] | Listen, Dad, | 那啥 老爸 |
[17:10] | you can still travel. | 你还是可以旅行啊 |
[17:12] | No, you can. If you can’t walk around Paris, you could… | 你可以的 你要是不能走遍巴黎 你可以 |
[17:17] | sit at a nice cafe and let Paris walk past you. | 坐到一家好的咖啡馆里 让巴黎走过你 |
[17:22] | Maybe buy a drink for a beautiful mademoiselle. | 也许请美丽的法国小姐喝个酒 |
[17:26] | Get a nice bottle of imported beer. | 喝一瓶上好的进口啤酒 |
[17:28] | I only like Ballantine’s. | 我只喜欢百龄坛的酒 |
[17:30] | In Paris, Ballantine’s is imported beer. | 在巴黎 百龄坛就是进口啤酒 |
[17:35] | And you are the handsome Americain… | 而你是一个帅气的美国人 |
[17:39] | with the adorable accent. | 有着可爱的口音 |
[17:45] | They like moustaches over there, don’t they? | 他们那边人喜欢胡子 对吧 |
[17:55] | 19 floors down to my car. | 下了19楼到我的车那儿 |
[17:57] | Garage door’s electric. Can’t open. | 车库门是电子控制的 打不开 |
[18:00] | 20 floors back up. Lost count. | 上了20层又走回来 忘了数 |
[18:03] | Bad lady upstairs. Big dog. Need place to die. | 楼上的凶婆子 大狗 想死 |
[18:10] | – Same to you, buddy! – Who are you talking to? | – 和你一样 伙计 – 你们跟谁说话呢 |
[18:13] | Some rowdy guys downstairs. Come on, I want you to introduce us. | 楼下几个凶巴巴的人 来嘛 我想你介绍我们认识下 |
[18:20] | – Alright keep your pants on. – Here, Niles. Let me take your coat. | – 好吧 别着急 – Niles 我帮你拿外套吧 |
[18:23] | Oh! Haven’t you take enough from me today? | 你今天从我这拿走的还不够多么 |
[18:26] | Oh, Niles. You’re being silly and irrational. | 噢 Niles 别无理取闹了 |
[18:29] | – Sticks and stones. – You’re acting just like Dad. | – 我根本不在乎 – 你现在就和老爸一样 |
[18:32] | You take that back! | 你把这话收回去 |
[18:37] | You know you’re not really mad at me, Niles. | 你其实不是生我的气 |
[18:39] | You know I didn’t tell that woman to leave you. | 你知道我没让那个女人离开你 |
[18:42] | I merely suggested it as an option. It was her choice. | 我只是提出了这个选项 最终决定是她自己做的 |
[18:46] | Could it be you’re upset just because you…you couldn’t help that woman? | 你这么生气 是不是因为你帮不了那个女人 |
[18:50] | You know I really hate that | 我真的很讨厌这样 |
[18:51] | when you take a simple criticism and turn it back on me. | 你每次受到批评都会反过来用它对付我 |
[18:54] | I think I’m right. | 那我说对咯 |
[18:56] | Of course you are right. Why do you think I hate it. | 你当然说对了 不然我为什么这么气 |
[19:01] | Do you have any idea what I went through trying to help that woman? | 你知不知道我为了帮那个女人花了多少精力 |
[19:06] | Yes, I think I do. | 是的 我知道 |
[19:08] | Niles, you’re a perfectionist. | Niles 你是个完美主义者 |
[19:14] | As faults go, that’s not such a bad one. | 但错误总会发生 也不必太在意 |
[19:16] | Just would’ve been nice | 我只是想 要是我 |
[19:18] | if I could be the one to say it was time to go. | 告诉她是时候离开就好了 |
[19:22] | Instead, she heard it from some glib, | 没想到 她是从某个虽有见地 |
[19:24] | albeit insightful, radio pundit. | 却肤浅的电台医生那听来的 |
[19:29] | Those rowdy guys downstairs invited us to a blackout party. | 楼下那几个凶巴巴的人邀请我们参加停电派对 |
[19:32] | – They got cold beer. – And Jarlsberg. | – 他们有冰啤酒 – 还有亚尔斯贝格奶酪 |
[19:34] | You know, it’s funny. I was feeling a bit down, | 真有意思 我本来有点低落 |
[19:37] | but suddenly I’m in a party mood. | 但是突然就有去派对的兴致了 |
[19:39] | Wait! What about our party? | 等等 那我们的派对怎么办 |
[19:41] | – There are people downstairs. – They have a barbecue. | – 好多人都在楼下 – 还有烧烤呢 |
[19:43] | – Come on, Frasier. – No, thank you. I’m not really in the mood anymore. | – 来嘛 Frasier – 不 谢谢 我现在真没那心情 |
[19:48] | – Don’t be a party-pooper. – Let him be. He was always that way. | – 别这么扫兴嘛 – 随他吧 他一直都这样 |
[19:52] | Excuse me! Just a second. Maybe it’s time for a little lesson | 不好意思 我有话要说 也许是时候上一小课了 |
[19:55] | about living the life of this particular party-pooper. | 说说这个派对扫兴鬼的生活 |
[19:58] | I spend the whole damn week ministering to the troubled, | 我花了一整个星期处理各种问题 |
[20:02] | the neurotic and the sometimes plain goofy. | 跟神经质甚至明显的白痴打交道 |
[20:06] | Then I hang up my earphones and it doesn’t end there. | 然后我摘下耳机 一切却没有停止 |
[20:10] | On the street, at the cafe, even in this building… | 在街上 在咖啡店 甚至在这个楼里 |
[20:13] | more people come up for help.more problems | 更多的人来寻求帮助 更多的问题出现 |
[20:16] | Suppose they just think it’s OK. It’s what I do. | 也许他们认为这没什么 因为我就是干这个的 |
[20:19] | But every time I try to help them | 但是每次我试着帮助他们时 |
[20:21] | it costs me a little piece of myself. | 都要用掉小小一部分的我 |
[20:24] | A little here, a little there, a little here, a little there… | 这儿一点 那儿一点 这儿一点 那儿一点 |
[20:27] | Till I feel like a zebra | 直到我觉得自己像塞伦盖蒂平原上 |
[20:29] | carcass on the Serengeti surrounded by vultures. | 被秃鹰包围的斑马尸体一样 |
[20:35] | Well, this happened to be one of those weeks. | 这周就是这种状态 |
[20:39] | I had my escape plan. | 我计划好放松一下 |
[20:40] | I was going to come home for an evening of fun with my extended family. | 我回到家里和家人共度美好的夜晚 |
[20:43] | What do I get? I get the four of you going at each other | 但是结果呢 你们四个吵来吵去 |
[20:47] | like the Borgias on a bad day. | 就像波吉亚家族的糟糕一天 |
[20:51] | So I roll up my sleeves, | 所以我就挽起袖口 |
[20:53] | And I tend to each one of you, and you all feel better. | 去安抚你们每一个人 然后你们都好了 |
[20:58] | The minute you get the whiff of mesquite from down below… | 你们一收到楼下的招呼 |
[21:03] | you are out the door without so much as a “Thank you”. | 连谢谢都不说一声就要出门 |
[21:08] | Well, thank you for the invitation, | 感谢你们的邀请 |
[21:10] | but I’m frankly fed up with people and their problems. | 但是我真的厌烦了人们的麻烦了 |
[21:13] | The doctor is out. | 医生不伺候了 |
[21:16] | Oh, come on. | 噢 别这样 |
[21:18] | – Apologies accepted. – Great! So you’ll come? | – 我接受你们的道歉 – 好极了 你来吗 |
[21:23] | No, no… | 不 不 |
[21:25] | I love you all. I really do. | 我爱你们大家 真心的 |
[21:28] | But what I want right now is to be left alone, right here, | 但是我现在只想一个人在这待着 |
[21:30] | where no one needs anything from me. | 没人需要我解决问题 |
[21:32] | – Well, all right. – I’ll bring you some barbecue. | – 好吧 – 我等会儿给你带烧烤上来 |
[21:38] | Oh, my God. It’s dark out here. | 噢 老天 外面真黑 |
[21:52] | Oh, for God’s sake. Eddie | 噢 老天爷 Eddie还在 |
[21:54] | No, I’m not going to do it. No! | 不 我不会帮你挠的 不会的 |