时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | You try and try, but at some point you finally have to admit | 不甘心再三尝试 但到底还是要承认 |
[00:14] | as much as you care about each other | 不管我们多么在乎彼此 |
[00:16] | your relationship isn’t working | 但咱们的关系还是触礁了 |
[00:18] | and hasn’t been for some time. | 而且已经不是一天两天的事儿了 |
[00:21] | But you two wouldn’t be sitting here with me | 但既然你们今天坐在这儿了 |
[00:23] | if you didn’t want to save this relationship. | 就说明你们还是想要挽回补救的 |
[00:27] | Isn’t that true? | 不是吗 |
[00:29] | I’m be willing to try. I can’t speak for | 我愿意尝试 但我不能替别人 |
[00:31] | You don’t have to speak for me, Niles. | 不用你替我说 Niles |
[00:36] | – I’m perfectly capable of speaking for myself. – Yes, I know. | – 我完全可以自己发言 – 是 我知道 |
[00:40] | Caruso wasn’t so in love with the sound of his own voice. | 鲁契亚诺都没你那么爱自己的声音 |
[00:43] | What does that mean? | 你什么意思 |
[00:45] | Well, you tell me, Enrico. What do you think it means? | 你说呢 帕瓦罗蒂 你觉得我什么意思 |
[00:47] | I guess I can tell you | 我想我明白你什么意思 |
[00:50] | Gentlemen! | 先生们 |
[00:53] | Now, are we agreed that | 现在我们是不是达成了共识 |
[00:55] | we want to do something to fix this problem? | 那就是你们想去解决这个问题 |
[01:03] | Why doesn’t one of you tell me how this started? | 你们还是从头说起吧 |
[01:06] | Well, it began with me. Last week, | 咳 这事儿因我而起 上周 |
[01:09] | I was at work doing my radio show. | 我在电台做我的节目 |
[01:12] | I was on the air with a troubled young woman. | 来电的是一位烦恼的年轻女士 |
[01:16] | She had just started telling me | 她开始向我倾诉 |
[01:18] | about a recurring dream she had since childhood. | 她自幼年时期就开始不断重复的梦境 |
[01:21] | Okay, I’m in my bedroom. | Okay 我在卧室里 |
[01:22] | I’d just gotten out of the bath tub to get dressed. | 刚从浴缸出来 准备穿衣服 |
[01:25] | When I opened the closet, all my clothes are gone. | 这时我打开衣柜 发现所有的衣服都不见了 |
[01:29] | Suddenly, I hear the sound of footsteps on the drive outside. | 突然 我听到外面车道上有脚步声 |
[01:33] | I turn and there is a little girl | 我转过头 发现有个小女孩 |
[01:35] | – with her nose pressed up against the window. – Fascinating! | – 脸压在玻璃窗上往里看 – 引人入胜啊 |
[01:39] | But her breath is clogging up the glass | 但她呼出的气模糊了玻璃 |
[01:41] | so that I can’t make out her face. | 所以我看不清她的脸 |
[01:43] | Only, I’m sure she’s come to tell me something important. | 只是 我确定她要告诉我些重要的信息 |
[01:47] | So, a girl | 所以说 一个女孩儿 |
[01:50] | on the other side of a glass with an urgent message. | 在玻璃窗的另一边 带着紧急的信息 |
[01:56] | And for some reason you’re unable or willing to receive it. | 出于某些原因 你不能或是不愿接受它 |
[01:59] | I’m sorry, Dr. Crane, I hate to interrupt | 抱歉 Crane医生 打断你太抱歉了 |
[02:01] | but you’re all out of time for today. | 但今天的节目时间到了 |
[02:02] | Oh, dear. | 哦 天啊 |
[02:04] | Um, listen, Jill, I’m terribly sorry, but listen | 呃 你看 Jill 我太抱歉了 但是 |
[02:07] | I’d like to continue talking with you when we’re off the air | 一会儿咱们线下继续交流好吧 |
[02:09] | so please don’t hang up. In the meantime, listeners | 所以请不要挂机 同时 听众们 |
[02:12] | I’ve enjoyed our time today. | 我十分享受今天的时光 |
[02:13] | Tune in again tomorrow when we’ll be talking with | 请明天继续收听 我们将与 |
[02:16] | Blah, blah, Frasier Crane Show, happy health, goodbye! | 哇啦 哇啦 Frasier Crane秀 保重 拜拜了您呐 |
[02:23] | – Yo, Jill. You a football fan? – Not really. | – 嘿 Jill 是球迷么 – 不是 |
[02:26] | then Beat it! | 那还不快滚 |
[02:30] | All right, this time, women’s gone | 好了 再试一次 小妞走啦 |
[02:33] | Sometimes I hate this job. | 有时候我真讨厌这份工作 |
[02:34] | Not only do I have to put up with that annoying little sweat-sock | 不仅是因为要忍受那个狂热体育分子 |
[02:39] | but when a caller comes in who has a truly fascinating problem | 而且好不容易有个听众有真正吸引人的问题了 |
[02:41] | I’m barely even able to scratch the surface. | 这点时间都不够隔靴搔痒的 |
[02:42] | It makes me want to run screaming back to private practice! | 这真让我有尖叫着跑回私人诊所的冲动啊 |
[02:45] | I can imagine how frustrated you must be. | 我能想象你有多沮丧 |
[02:47] | This show’s gotta be | 这个节目 |
[02:48] | constraining for a man of your staggering intellect. | 对于您这样智力超群的人实在太屈才了 |
[02:51] | Hold it, stop, wait a minute! | 等下 等等 |
[02:53] | You expect us to believe that Roz actually | 你真以为我们会相信Roz能 |
[02:55] | used a phrase like “Staggering intellect”? | 说出”智力超群”这种话吗 |
[02:59] | It was something like that. | 反正就是这个意思 |
[03:01] | So, she might have said your “Boundless brilliance” | 是嘛 她也许说的是”卓绝的智慧” |
[03:04] | or, say, “The Olympian reaches of your wisdom.” | 或者”奥林匹亚山再高也比不上您智慧的高度” |
[03:06] | – Oh, Niles, do shut up. – Oh, you shut up! | – 哦 Niles 你闭嘴 – 你闭嘴吧 |
[03:19] | Gentlemen, gentlemen! It is not important exactly what was said. | 先生们 先生们 重点不在于她到底是怎么说的 |
[03:23] | No. What is important is that as usual | 对呀 重点是他总以为自己是宇宙中心 |
[03:27] | he assumes it all revolves around him | 太阳都得围着他转 |
[03:29] | when the truth is it | 事情的真相是 这件事 |
[03:29] | started several days before that, with me. | 因我而起 而且是在那之前好几天 |
[03:32] | I’d been having some trouble | 我一直对隔壁办公室的 |
[03:33] | with the psychiatrist in the office next door. | 心理医生颇有微词 |
[03:36] | His unconventional therapy | 他那非常规的疗法 |
[03:37] | had started to intrude on my sessions. | 已经严重干扰了我的诊疗 |
[03:39] | Mrs. Kelly, the key here is that you trust me. | Kelly太太 关键是您要信任我 |
[03:43] | So long as you’re in this office | 您在我这办公室里 |
[03:44] | you have no reason to feel anything but safe. | 没有任何理由会感到不安全 |
[03:53] | You must think of this as your refuge, your sanctuary. | 您可以把这里当做避难所 您的圣地 |
[04:03] | I’m not saying that being a sole survivor of a plane crash | 我并不是说作为飞机失事中的唯一幸存者 |
[04:06] | wasn’t a traumatizing experience for you. | 这事儿就不会给您留下阴影 |
[04:11] | But, I can get you to a | 但是 我能让 |
[04:12] | point where the memories no longer haunt you. | 这些记忆不再纠缠你 |
[04:21] | His primal scream madness was ruining my practice. | 他那原始的疯狂叫声在摧毁我的诊所 |
[04:24] | I had to do something. | 我必须要做点什么 |
[04:25] | The opportunity presented itself that Friday. | 周五的时候 机会不请自来 |
[04:28] | I’d come to Frasier’s for dinner. I remember Daphne | 我去Frasier家吃晚饭 我记得Daphne |
[04:31] | my father’s health care worker, | 我老爸的保健护理人员 |
[04:32] | was telling the most delightful story | 讲了一个特逗趣的故事 |
[04:35] | Oh, I know what you’re going though, | 哦 我十分同情你 |
[04:36] | dealing with a noisy neighbour. | 吵闹的邻居什么的最讨厌了 |
[04:38] | Have I ever mentioned that couple | 我有没有提过 |
[04:39] | that lived next door to me in London? | 我住伦敦时隔壁的那对夫妇 |
[04:41] | A married couple, who made the most un-Godly racket – in bed! | 那对已婚夫妇 制造出了最吵闹的床笫之音啊 |
[04:45] | The walls must have been like tissue paper | 墙一定薄得跟卫生纸一样 |
[04:47] | because I’d hear the whole performance every night. | 因为每晚我都可以听到全部表演 |
[04:50] | Finally, I decided the only way to get them | 最后 我明白了唯一能让他们 |
[04:53] | to stop was to let them hear what I’d been hearing. | 停下的方法 就是以牙还牙 |
[04:55] | So, one night, I moved near the wall and I started | 所以 有一晚 我站到墙边 就开始了 |
[05:01] | Ooh, yes. Oh, don’t stop Ooh, that’s the spot | 哦 对 哦 别停呀 哦 就是那儿 |
[05:08] | Oh, do it again! Oh, you are the beastmaster | 哦 再来一次 哦 你个驯兽师 |
[05:13] | Oh, for heaven’s sake, just take me, you devil-spawned sex monkey! | 天呐 快拿下我吧 你个恶魔上身的性爱机器 |
[05:17] | YES, YES, YES, YES, YES! | 对 太棒了 对 |
[05:21] | Problem solved. | 问题解决啦 |
[05:25] | I’m sorry, Daphne, I drifted. | 抱歉 Daphne 我走神了 |
[05:27] | Would you mind tell that story again? | 你能再讲一遍吗 |
[05:31] | Hold it, stop! Niles, you know full well that Daphne | 等下 Niles Daphne明明只是 |
[05:33] | merely told us that story, she did not act it out. | 讲了那故事 她可没演出来 |
[05:37] | – Didn’t she? – No! Just tell the story! | – 没演吗 – 没有 就讲了下故事 |
[05:40] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[05:42] | It was a few hours later. We were having espresso | 几小时后 我们在喝浓咖啡 |
[05:45] | and, perhaps to counteract the stimulative effect | 也许是为了中和一下那刺激作用 |
[05:47] | Frasier was telling us about his day. | Frasier给我们讲了他无聊的一天 |
[05:49] | You know, I can’t stop thinking about my last caller today. | 唉 我还是忘不了今天最后一位听众 |
[05:53] | Fascinating young woman | 年轻女士反复做着 |
[05:55] | who had a recurring dream. | 同样的迷人的梦境 |
[05:56] | You know who’s a hell of a dreamer? Eddie. | 知道谁最能做梦吗 Eddie |
[06:01] | One night I’d wake up, he’s lying on my forehead | 一天晚上我醒过来 它躺在我额头上 |
[06:04] | deadly asleep, with a | 沉沉睡着 |
[06:06] | big clump of my hair in his mouth, growlin’! | 嘴里嚼着我一大撮头发 还咕哝着 |
[06:10] | Bet you’d love to analyze that little brain of his. | 你肯定愿意去分析分析它那个小脑子吧 |
[06:15] | Yes, that would be the jewel in the crown of my career! | 可不是 那一定会是我事业王冠上的明珠啊 |
[06:21] | Still, thinking about this woman has | 说起来 想想那个女听众 |
[06:23] | started me longing for private practice. | 让我开始向往私人诊所了 |
[06:26] | I guess I just miss the chance to dig deep with my patients. | 我猜我是想念深入挖掘病人思想的机会了 |
[06:30] | Have you considered seeing | 你是打算受理病人 |
[06:31] | – patients on the side? – Oh yes, of course. | – 作为副业了吗 – 对 当然 |
[06:33] | I’ve got a list of people who’ve expressed interest. | 一大票人都对这事表现出极大兴趣呢 |
[06:35] | Frasier, I have a proposition. | Frasier 我有个建议 |
[06:39] | I mentioned that doctor in | 我提过的那个 |
[06:40] | the office next door? Well, his lease is up. | 隔壁办公室的医生 他的租约到期了 |
[06:44] | If you were interested in his office, as his landlord | 你要是对他那办公室感兴趣 作为他的房东 |
[06:47] | I could tell him and his screaming meamies to hit the road! | 我会让他带着他的尖叫滚蛋 |
[06:53] | You and I | 你和我 |
[06:56] | Working side by side? | 手把手拼搏 |
[07:04] | I don’t mind telling you the prospect | 我得说实话 这事儿听上去 |
[07:06] | sounds quite exciting! | 太让人激动了 |
[07:08] | We could consult on each other’s patients. | 我们能为彼此的病人做会诊 |
[07:10] | We could give seminars together. | 能一起开研讨会 |
[07:12] | – Even therapy groups! – Oh, my God! | – 还能一起做诊疗小组 – 我的天啊 |
[07:13] | “Crane & Crane”, I can see our logo already; | “Crane & Crane” 我都想好我们的标识了 |
[07:16] | a giant Crane hovering over a human head! | 一只大鹤盘旋在人的头顶上 |
[07:22] | Dad, why are you laughing? Why is Dad laughing? | 爸 你笑什么呢 为什么爸在笑啊 |
[07:25] | You two, you’ll never learn. | 你们俩 你们就不长记性 |
[07:27] | Oh, oh, you think this is a bad idea? | 难道你认为这是个坏主意 |
[07:29] | The restaurant you bought together | 你们俩一块儿买的那个饭馆 |
[07:31] | that was a bad idea! | 那是个坏主意 |
[07:33] | The book you tried to write together, | 你们俩想一块儿写的那本书 |
[07:35] | that was a bad idea! But this | 也是个坏主意 比起那些 这个最 |
[07:41] | No, that restaurant was still the stupidest one. | 不 还是饭馆那事儿最蠢 |
[07:46] | Two little mis-adventures and you doom us to failure. | 两次小小的尝试挫败 你就说我们注定失败 |
[07:49] | Oh, baloney. You’ve been like this since you were kids. | 哼 胡说八道 你们从小就这样了 |
[07:51] | You two can’t work together. | 你俩根本不能一起工作 |
[07:53] | Maybe dad’s right. We’re not ready for this. | 也许老爸是对的 咱们还没准备好 |
[07:55] | – It could lead to conflict and tension. – Hold it! | – 这会带来冲突和紧张的 – 等等 |
[07:58] | – Niles, tell the truth! – Oh, all right. | – Niles 把真相说出来 – 哦 好吧 |
[08:01] | Stop raining on our parade, Dad! | 爸 不要给我们泼冷水 |
[08:04] | To “Crane & Crane”! | 敬”Crane & Crane” |
[08:11] | Well, our first day together began innocently enough | 合作第一天开始的时候还好好的 |
[08:15] | – Good morning, Dr. Crane. – And to you, Dr. Crane | – 早上好 Crane医生 – 你也是 Crane医生 |
[08:20] | Oh, Niles, why should we be so formal, there’s nobody around. | Niles 那么正式干什么 这儿没别人啊 |
[08:27] | – It’s a hi-five, Niles! – Oh, oh, oh, sorry. | – Niles 击个掌而已 – 哦 抱歉 |
[08:33] | – Coffee? – Oh, yes, please. | – 咖啡 – 好的 谢谢 |
[08:36] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[08:37] | Oh, Niles, I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed that. | Niles 你都不知道我有多怀念这里 |
[08:41] | The smell of the office place. | 办公室的气味 |
[08:44] | Freshly oiled leather couches, the pungent coffee | 新上油的皮革沙发 带劲儿的咖啡 |
[08:48] | the aroma of an exotic luncheon special | 从楼下餐厅缓缓飘来 |
[08:51] | wafting up from the cafeteria below. | 异国风情午餐特色菜的香味 |
[08:53] | Actually, that’s the lab next door. They lost power last night | 其实 那是隔壁实验室的味道 他们昨晚停电了 |
[08:55] | some of their tissue samples turned. | 一些组织标本变质了 |
[09:02] | By the way, I’ve put together some recent articles | 对了 我拿了些时下的文章 |
[09:04] | you may want to peruse just to get up to speed. | 你也许想要读读来跟上节奏 |
[09:09] | – Up to speed? – Well | – 跟上节奏 – 这个嘛 |
[09:12] | it has been a while since you’ve practiced | 你有段时间没有行医了 |
[09:13] | and we could all use a little brushing up. | 再说了我们都是需要温故知新呀 |
[09:17] | Well, that’s very considerate of you. | 你实在是太体贴了 |
[09:20] | – Just put my homework assignment in my box there. – As you wish. | – 那就把我的家庭作业放在那个箱子里吧 – 好的 |
[09:39] | All right, where shall we put this then? | 好了 这个要放在哪儿 |
[09:42] | Well, the only place it should go, actually | 唯一合适的地方 应该在 |
[09:44] | is right here by the couch, I think. | 沙发的旁边 我想 |
[09:45] | No, no, Daphne, here on the desk | 不 Daphne 放到桌子上 |
[09:48] | will pick up the earth tones in the carpet. | 它能够跟地毯的土黄色互补 提亮色彩 |
[09:49] | No, there’s this desk space here by the coffee station. | 对了 咖啡机旁的桌子上也有空 |
[09:51] | Oh, underneath the heating vent?! | 哦 在暖气通风口下面吗 |
[09:54] | Why not just give it a blindfold and a cigarette! | 那还不如直接给它个眼罩 再来支烟 闷死算了 |
[09:57] | It’s your office, put it where you like. | 这是你的办公室 你说了算 |
[09:58] | No, no, it is your plant. | 不 这是你的绿植 |
[10:00] | And it’s my bleedin’ back, so I’m putting it right here! | 这是我该死的后背 我就把它放这儿了 |
[10:04] | Honestly, I don’t know how you put up with him. | 真是的 我都不知道你是怎么忍受他的 |
[10:08] | Liar! Liar! Daphne never said that! | 骗子 骗子 Daphne从没那样说 |
[10:10] | Well, she said it with body language. | 她用肢体语言说的 |
[10:14] | I happen to be fluent in that language | 我碰巧精通那门语言 |
[10:16] | and she said nothing of the kind! | 她没说过那种话 |
[10:19] | Will someone tell me what’s so important about this plant? | 一盆绿植而已 值得这么小题大做吗 |
[10:21] | You’ll know soon enough. I’m telling the rest of the story. | 你马上就知道了 接下来的事情还是由我来讲吧 |
[10:24] | I’m putting it right here! | 我就放在这儿了 |
[10:28] | You know the best thing about getting old? | 知道变老的好处吗 |
[10:31] | Your hair may turn grey | 你的头发可能会变白 |
[10:33] | your joints may stiffen, | 你的关节可能僵硬了 |
[10:34] | you may even have to walk with a cane. | 你甚至还可能要拄拐走路 |
[10:36] | But people still ask you to help them move! | 但别人仍然会叫你帮忙搬家 |
[10:44] | Forgive me for overburdening you, Dad. | 老爸 抱歉让您受累了 |
[10:46] | Could you just put those in my office, please? | 请把那些放到我的办公室 好吗 |
[10:52] | Oh, look at your two names together on the door. | 哦 看看门上你们俩的名字 |
[10:56] | Er, Dr. Crane, is your brother’s name smaller than yours? | 呃 Crane医生 你哥哥的名字是不是比你的小点 |
[11:01] | Yes, that was the only way it would fit. | 是啊 只有这样才放的下 |
[11:02] | I assumed you wouldn’t mind, after all, we’re concerned here | 我觉得你不会在意吧 毕竟 我们的目的 |
[11:05] | with healing people, aren’t we? | 是为了解除人们的苦痛 不是吗 |
[11:08] | Of course, Niles. | 当然了 Niles |
[11:11] | If I were interested in self-promotion | 要是我只是对自我宣传感兴趣 |
[11:12] | I guess I’d be content with my radio show | 那我的电台节目远可以满足我了 |
[11:17] | heard every day by over half a million listeners | 每天都有超过五十万的听众收听 |
[11:21] | the Pacific Northwest and parts of Canada! | 在太平洋西北部和加拿大部分地区 |
[11:28] | – What are you doing? – I’m moving the Chepalire. | – 你干什么 – 我挪一挪这个植物 |
[11:30] | I like it where it was. | 我就喜欢放那儿 |
[11:31] | Yes, but it didn’t like it there. It wants light. | 但它不喜欢 它想要阳光 |
[11:33] | You two tend to your plant, I’ll go fetch the file cabinet! | 你们摆弄那个植物吧 我去搬文件柜 |
[11:37] | I have had this plant for two years | 我养这个植物两年了 |
[11:39] | and it has never been in direct sunlight. | 它从没被阳光直晒过 |
[11:40] | Well, obviously, look at it, the leaves are puckering! | 很显然是这样 看看 叶子都干瘪了 |
[11:43] | They are not, they’ve wilted a little | 哪有啊 它们只不过皱了一点 |
[11:44] | from the ride over in the trunk of the car. | 那都是放在车厢里搬运的结果啊 |
[11:45] | Oh, nonsense | 胡说八道 |
[11:46] | Mafia snitches emerge from car trunks looking more robust! | 被抓了扔进后备箱的黑手党叛徒看起来都比它精神 |
[11:50] | – This plant is going right over – And so it begins! | – 把它放这边 – 这么快就开始了 |
[11:57] | Of course, the incident with the plant was only the beginning. | 当然 植物事件才刚刚是开始 |
[12:00] | That was followed by a run-in at the receptionist’s desk | 随之而来的是在前台的口角 |
[12:02] | A row at the coffee machine, | 咖啡机那儿的争执 |
[12:04] | and a contretemps when Frasier lost the men room’s key. | 还有Frasier丢失男厕钥匙事件 |
[12:06] | – That was an accident. – Yes, it very nearly was. | – 那是个意外 – 对 很像个意外 |
[12:11] | I am so tired of your exaggeration. | 我受够了你的夸大其词 |
[12:14] | You always make things | 你总是把事情说的 |
[12:14] | fifteen thousand times worse than they are! | 比实际情况糟一万倍 |
[12:18] | I’m going to tell the story from now on! | 从现在起 我来讲 |
[12:21] | The point is, our nerves were, well, pretty much shot | 重点是 到我们第一次诊疗小组的时候 |
[12:25] | by the time we conducted our first therapy group together | 我们的积怨已经到了一定程度 |
[12:29] | First off, I have a colleague to introduce. | 首先 我要介绍一名同事 |
[12:32] | He is not only an esteemed psychiatrist | 他不仅仅是一名受人尊敬的心理医生 |
[12:34] | he happens to be my brother, Dr. Frasier Crane. | 他碰巧也是我的哥哥 Frasier Crane医生 |
[12:37] | Afternoon. | 下午好 |
[12:38] | – Wow, you’re Dr. Crane from the radio. – Guilty as charged. | – 哇 你就是广播里的那个Crane医生 – 罪名成立 |
[12:44] | Yes, but we all have to remind Dr. Crane that | 但我们需要提醒Crane医生 |
[12:46] | this is real psychiatry now, not the radio. | 这可是真刀真枪了 不是电台节目 |
[12:48] | No hanging up on the hard ones here! | 面对困难的病人 不能一挂了事 |
[12:55] | But rest assured I am | 请大家放心 |
[12:56] | trained to deal with a full range of issues. | 我资质深厚 能解决各种问题 |
[12:59] | Everything from envy to jealousy. | 从嫉妒到猜忌 无一不精 |
[13:04] | But | 但是 |
[13:06] | I’ll just be observing today. | 今天我只是观察 |
[13:07] | I don’t know you well | 我还不够了解你们的情况 |
[13:08] | enough to render any opinions yet, so just | 不能随便给建议 所以 |
[13:10] | – pretend I’m not here. – And good luck with that. | – 就当我不在这儿吧 – 能做到才有鬼了呢 |
[13:17] | Mrs. Kalish, perhaps you could bring us up to date | Kalish太太 要不您先说说近期 |
[13:20] | on how you’re dealing with your divorce. | 您应对离婚的情况 |
[13:22] | – This is week two, isn’t it? – Yes. | – 第二周了 对吗 – 对 |
[13:25] | Well, I actually had my | 其实 我昨晚上 |
[13:29] | – first date last night. – That’s wonderful. | – 第一次出去约会了 – 那太好了 |
[13:36] | – Did you say something? – I don’t think so. | – 您说话了吗 – 我没觉得啊 |
[13:40] | It sounded like “Hmmm” Like you disapproved. | 听起来像”哼”好像你不认同 |
[13:45] | Well, since you’ve asked. | 既然您问了 |
[13:49] | I think in divorce we have painful feelings | 我认为 离婚中我们有些痛苦的感觉 |
[13:53] | which are nevertheless healthy feelings. | 那是再正常不过的了 |
[13:55] | We start to date too quickly and we want to be sure that | 我们之所以很快就去约会 是因为我们想确定 |
[13:57] | that’s not panacea for the pain. | 面对痛苦其实没有解药 |
[14:01] | Ooh, yes, you’ll all find my brother’s quite adept | 哦 你们发现了吧 我哥哥对这些 |
[14:03] | with those peppy little bromides;”Panacea for the pain” | 陈词滥调多么在行啊”痛的解药” |
[14:06] | You can almost hear the phrase: | 马上就该说下面这段了 |
[14:07] | We’ll be right back after these words from “Pringles”! | 品客广告后咱们再见 |
[14:12] | You don’t want to wait too long before you date though, either. | 你也不会想等太久再去约会 |
[14:15] | I waited five years. | 我等了五年 |
[14:17] | But then I was so desperate | 实在太饥渴了 |
[14:18] | I stayed with the first woman who came along. | 直接被第一个约会的女人给套牢了 |
[14:21] | She ended up being the same | 结果她变得像 |
[14:22] | controlling ice princess as my first wife. | 我那控制狂冰雪女王前妻一样 |
[14:26] | – Well, Mr. Carr – Wait, Dr. Crane. | – 这个 Carr先生 – 等下 Crane医生 |
[14:28] | It sounded like your brother said something again. | 听起来好像你哥哥又说了什么 |
[14:33] | Well, since you’ve asked. | 既然您问了 |
[14:37] | It occurred to me that by waiting for five years | 在我看来 通过五年的等待 |
[14:40] | and becoming, as you said, desperate | 你变的 如你所说 饥渴难耐 |
[14:43] | that perhaps you were really giving yourself | 也许实际上你是给了自己 |
[14:45] | license to pursue the | 许可去追寻一个 |
[14:46] | woman who reminded you of your first wife. | 跟你前妻很像的女人 |
[14:49] | You had to repeat the pattern. | 你注定会重复那模式 |
[14:51] | So, you’re saying that it wasn’t an accident? | 所以 你是说这不是意外 |
[14:53] | We have an expression in psychiatry: “There are no accidents.” | 心理学上有一个说法”意外都是人为的” |
[14:57] | Now let’s check in with news and traffic. | 现在来看看新闻和交通情况吧 |
[15:03] | Dr. Crane, are you denying | Crane医生 你是在否认 |
[15:05] | that most accidents happen for a reason? | 大部分的意外都事出有因吗 |
[15:07] | No, Dr. Crane, I believe they do. | 不 Crane医生 我相信正是如此 |
[15:10] | I’m reminded of a recent | 我想起了最近的一个”意外” |
[15:11] | “Accident” Involving a four-inch wooden block | 主角是一块四英寸的木块 |
[15:13] | attached to a men’s room key | 上面有一把男厕的钥匙 |
[15:14] | which walked off in somebody’s pocket! | 不知从谁的口袋里跑掉了 |
[15:19] | Clearly an act of hostility, wouldn’t you say?! | 显然是场恶意事件 对不对 |
[15:21] | Certainly a well-deserved one considering what an insufferable prig | 考虑到某人一整天都是个难以忍受的自大狂 |
[15:25] | someone has been today! | 这根本是苍天有眼 |
[15:27] | You dare call me a prig after I rescued you | 你怎么敢说我自以为是 我把你从 |
[15:30] | from that sideshow you call a radio program? | 那个你声称是电台节目的杂耍节目中解救出来 |
[15:33] | One more crack about my show and I’ll put that little wooden block | 再黑我的节目 我就把那块木块 |
[15:35] | in a place you’ll always be able to find it! | 塞到一个你再不会弄丢的地方 |
[15:40] | Group, take five minutes of quiet introspection! | 组员们 自我反省五分钟 |
[15:49] | Frasier, I have made a fist and I’m thinking of using it. | Frasier 看见我攥起的拳头没 我可打算用它了 |
[15:55] | Niles, you are not scaring me | Niles 你吓不到我 |
[15:56] | The thumb goes on the outside, Niles! On the outside! | 大拇指放外面 Niles 放外面啊 |
[16:01] | How dare you try to steal my group! | 你怎么能偷我的小组呢 |
[16:03] | I don’t need your group! I’ve got a group of my own, | 我根本不需要你的小组 我有自己的小组 |
[16:05] | – half a million strong! – Oh yes, your legions! | – 有五十万人呢 – 哦 可不是 你的军团啊 |
[16:08] | Why don’t you rent a farm | 你怎么不去租个农场 |
[16:10] | pass out the body paint and call it “Frasier-stock”! | 刮掉上面的油漆 叫它Frasier谷仓得了 |
[16:14] | You know, I’m just a little tired of your condescending attitude. | 知道吗 我就是有点受不了你这高高在上的态度了 |
[16:16] | You have not missed one single opportunity | 你从不放弃任何一个机会 |
[16:17] | to run down my show or grab a book off the shelf | 来诋毁我的节目 或是从架子上拿本书 |
[16:20] | to help me “Get up to speed!” | 让我”跟上节奏” |
[16:21] | My God, you’re such a brilliant healer | 天啊 你真是个完美的医家 |
[16:23] | you’ve even taken over the care of my Schefflera! | 你甚至踢掉我 自己去照顾我的鹅掌柴 |
[16:24] | – Well, you were starving it of sunlight! – All right, fine. | – 你剥夺了它接受光照的权利 – 好吧 |
[16:27] | Let’s just give this little dear all the sunlight it needs! | 让我们给这小宝贝足够的阳光吧 |
[16:36] | Are you insane?! | 你疯了吗 |
[16:38] | If I were, “Doctor,” You’d never know it! | 就算是 医生 你也永远都不会知道 |
[16:52] | Is that my group? Group, group, come back, group! | 那是我的小组吗 组员们 组员们 回来啊 |
[16:56] | I’m very proud of this show of independence! | 我对你们独立的表现非常自豪 |
[17:00] | I hope you’re happy! | 这下你满意了 |
[17:01] | If I were, “Doctor,” You’d never know it! | 就算是 医生 你也永远都不会知道 |
[17:05] | Stop saying that! | 住嘴 |
[17:09] | – Dr. Crane! – Hello, Dr. Schachter. | – Crane医生 – Schachter医生 你好 |
[17:11] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[17:12] | I’m having a discussion with my brother. | 我正跟我哥哥讨论问题呢 |
[17:13] | I could hear your discussion across the hall in my office. | 我从大厅对面的办公室里就听到你们讨论了 |
[17:17] | Well, you see, he waltzed | 你看看 他就像是 |
[17:18] | in here like the belle of the ball and yet | 舞会佳丽似的在这儿跳华尔兹呢 |
[17:22] | Now, look, you two are obviously in some distress. | 听着 很显然 你俩现在处于困境 |
[17:25] | As you know, I am a specialist in couples therapy. | 你们也清楚 我是夫妻疗法方面的专家 |
[17:31] | Now I’ve never treated brothers before, but still | 尽管我从没诊治过兄弟 但是 |
[17:33] | if you step into my office, I’m sure I can help you. | 如果你们来我的办公室 我一定能帮助你们 |
[17:36] | Hold it! Hold it! I never said, “I’m sure I can help you.” | 等下 等下 我从没说过 我一定能帮助你们 |
[17:41] | I said, “I may be able to help you.” | 我说的是 我也许能帮你们 |
[17:44] | See how he twists your words? | 看到他是怎么曲解你的话的了吧 |
[17:46] | Right here, buddy boy. | 在这儿呢 兄弟 |
[17:49] | Enough! You are doctors! | 够了 你们是医生啊 |
[17:51] | I’ve never seen anything like this in my life. | 我从没见过这样的事情 |
[17:54] | You think he’s trying to steal your patients | 你觉得他想偷你的病人 |
[17:56] | and you think he’s trying to undermine you as a psychiatrist. | 你认为他诋毁你的行医能力 |
[17:59] | But you must know what is at the root of this problem. | 但你们一定要明白这个问题的根源 |
[18:03] | He is! | 是他 |
[18:05] | No. | 不 |
[18:07] | You have a fundamental lack of trust. | 你们缺乏最基本的信任 |
[18:11] | Now it may be so deeply | 现在问题已根深蒂固 |
[18:12] | rooted by now that it’s impossible to change | 已不可能改变 |
[18:15] | but there are certain exercises that we could try | 但我们仍能尝试一些练习 |
[18:18] | provided that you two are willing. | 当然前提是你们愿意做出改变 |
[18:23] | Let’s start with the most basic trust exercise there is. | 咱们从最基础的信任练习开始吧 |
[18:30] | Now, why don’t you simply stand on this foot stool | 现在 来站到这个凳子上 |
[18:34] | and fall backwards into your brother’s waiting arms | 向后倒进你兄弟伸开的臂膀中 |
[18:39] | thus demonstrating that we can trust each other. | 以此证明 我们能相信彼此 |
[18:43] | – Dr. Crane, why don’t you go first? – Well, all right. | – Crane医生 由你开始吧 – 好的 |
[18:47] | – Just get up there, and let yourself go. – All right. | – 就站上去 放松倒下来吧 – 好的 |
[18:57] | Is he standing directly behind me? | 他站在我正后方吗 |
[18:59] | Yes, now trust your brother. | 是的 相信你哥哥 |
[19:06] | I’d feel better if he were wearing rubber soles. | 他要是穿了橡胶底鞋我就能相信他了 |
[19:08] | Oh, for God’s sake, Niles, | 哦 老天啊 Niles |
[19:09] | just get down, I’ll go first. All right? | 你下来 我先来 行了吧 |
[19:18] | – Is he in position? – Yes! Trust him! | – 他就位了吗 – 对 相信他 |
[19:27] | You should know he catches like a girl! | 你得知道 他接起来弱得像个娘们 |
[19:32] | I don’t believe this. Get down, will you? | 难以置信 下来吧你 |
[19:35] | This couldn’t be easier! I get up here | 这再简单不过了 我站上来 |
[19:39] | I count to three, and you catch me. One, two, three. | 数到三 然后你们接住我 一 二 三 |
[19:46] | – Why didn’t you catch him?! – Well, you were closer! | – 你怎么不接住他 – 你站的更近啊 |
[19:49] | – It was your turn! – “It was my turn”! | – 轮到你了啊 – 轮到我 |
[19:51] | That is it! That is it! | 够了 够了 |
[19:54] | In thirty years as a couples therapist | 做了三十年的夫妻心理医生 |
[19:57] | I’ve never said what I’m about to say: | 我从没说过这句话 但对你们我也没辙了 |
[20:01] | Give up! | 放弃吧 |
[20:05] | It’s hopeless! | 没希望了 |
[20:06] | You are pathologically mistrustful of each another! | 你们病态地不信任彼此 |
[20:11] | Competitive to the point of madness! | 为了竞争而竞争的疯狂 |
[20:16] | So, trust me, just meet each other at weddings | 所以 相信我 就在婚礼啊 |
[20:20] | and funerals, and the rest of the time | 葬礼啊的时候见见面 剩下的时间 |
[20:24] | stay the hell away from each other! | 有多远你们离多远吧 |
[20:28] | Now, I am going to limp to the nearest pub | 现在 我会踉跄到最近的酒馆 |
[20:32] | and drink until the rest of me is as numb as my ass! | 喝到全身都像我的屁股那样麻 |
[20:47] | That’s quite a diagnosis. | 好一个诊断啊 |
[20:51] | Yes. | 可不是啊 |
[20:54] | But there is no denying it. We are | 但不可否认 我们 |
[20:59] | – vindictive and competitive – Petty, mistrustful | – 有报复心又爱竞争 – 卑鄙又缺乏信任 |
[21:04] | As so often in these cases | 通常在这种情况下 |
[21:06] | it took someone outside our situation to point it out to us. | 确实是旁观者清 |
[21:10] | Well, Dad always said it, but he has no credentials. | 老爸倒是经常这么数落我们 但他没职业资质 |
[21:15] | Well, there’s no arguing with Dr. Schachter’s credentials. | 这个Schachter医生的职业资质是毋庸置疑的了 |
[21:18] | My God, the man is an expert in his field. | 天啊 他在这领域是专家啊 |
[21:21] | He graduated from the University of | 他毕业于 |
[21:27] | Grenada! | 格林纳达大学 |
[21:31] | Well, surely that was just his undergraduate schooling. | 那肯定只是他的本科毕业院校 |
[21:34] | Oh yes, of course, his graduate work was done in | 对的 当然了 他研究生就读于 |
[21:39] | Aruba! | 阿鲁巴大学 |
[21:43] | An all-Caribbean schooling well, tally me banana! | 全程接受加勒比海岸教育啊 我勒个去 |
[21:50] | I knew the man was a fraud the minute he opened his mouth. | 他一开口我就知道他是个冒牌货 |
[21:52] | Oh, I’ll have him out of his lease at the end of the week. | 哼 这周末我就跟他解除租约 |
[21:54] | Niles, we still have time to catch a late lunch! | Niles 我们还有时间吃个午饭呢 |
[21:57] | – Oh, oh, oh, “Peris” Is just around the corner. – Away we go. | – 哦 哦 珀里斯饭店就在街角呢 – 走吧 |
[22:00] | Oh, “Chez Shea” Is just as close. | 哦 谢伊家也很近啊 |
[22:01] | Yes but the food at “Peris” Is much better. | 但珀里斯饭店更好吃些 |
[22:02] | Oh, Niles. that’s “Chez Shea” not prepared. | 哦 Niles 那跟谢伊家根本没法比 |
[22:05] | Have you lost your mind? Shut up. | 你疯了吗 闭嘴吧 |