时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | Morning. | 早安 |
[00:19] | Morning. | 早安 |
[00:21] | Morning? Oh my God, | 早上了 天啊 |
[00:23] | Joe, get up! Get up! You were supposed to be out of here hours ago. | Joe 起床 快起床 你早就该走了 |
[00:28] | You promised me that | 你答应过我 |
[00:29] | after we did the deed you’d be on your merry way. | 做完就如愿走的 |
[00:33] | I was. | 是如愿了啊 |
[00:34] | Get dressed. | 快穿衣服 |
[00:35] | We’ve got to get you out of here before Dr. Crane gets up. | 趁Crane医生起床前 你得赶紧走 |
[00:40] | Oh, no. I smell coffee. | 不 我闻到咖啡味了 |
[00:42] | They’re already up! | 他们已经起床了 |
[00:43] | All rightn, don’t worry now. I’ll just lay low until the two of them… | 别担心 我再躺会儿 等到他们 |
[00:46] | Oh my God, it’s nine o’clock. I’m a half-hour late for work. | 天哪 九点了 我上班迟了半小时 |
[00:49] | Just give me a minute. I’ll get rid of them. | 给我点时间 我来把他们弄走 |
[00:51] | Where’s my underwear? | 我内裤呢 |
[00:55] | Eddie, get back here! | Eddie 回来 |
[01:01] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[01:03] | Maybe for you. | 你是好了 |
[01:04] | I just spent five minutes trying to button these pants. | 我刚花了五分钟才系上裤子 |
[01:07] | That stupid dryer shrunk another pair on me. | 那破甩干机又给我弄缩水了 |
[01:15] | Dad. Before you blame the dryer, | 爸 责怪甩干机之前 |
[01:17] | have you ever considered stepping on the old bathroom scales? | 你考虑过用下浴室的秤吗 |
[01:20] | Oh, what’s the point? | 有意义吗 |
[01:21] | That thing’s been ten pounds off for weeks. | 那东西几周来一直给我称重了10磅 |
[01:31] | Daphne Daphne? | |
[01:33] | Good morning, Dr. Crane. Sorry I overslept. | 早安 Crane医生 抱歉我睡过头了 |
[01:36] | Well, time we all got our day started. | 该开始崭新的一天了 |
[01:38] | I’ll just clear these dishes away. | 我来收盘子 |
[01:40] | Wait, I wasn’t finished with that yet. | 等等 我还没吃完呢 |
[01:42] | Whoops. Sorry about that. | 不好意思了 |
[01:45] | Daphne, I wasn’t quite finished with that toast either. | Daphne 我也还没吃完那面包呢 |
[01:47] | Oh, now, we can’t have you running off | 哪能让你吃饱了 |
[01:49] | to your squash game on a full stomach. | 去壁球赛啊 |
[01:50] | Oh, yes? | 是吗 |
[01:51] | How many championship matches have been marred | 好多冠军赛都是因为 |
[01:53] | by the heartbreak of toast cramps? | 吃太多面包抽筋给毁了呢 |
[01:57] | Don’t you have that Doctor’s appointment this morning? | 你不是上午要去看医生吗 |
[01:58] | Yes, but it’s not for 20 minutes yet. | 是啊 但还要20分钟呢 |
[02:00] | What’s going on here? | 怎么回事啊 |
[02:00] | Why are you giving us the bum’s rush? | 你急着撵我们干啥 |
[02:02] | Bum’s rush! | 撵你们 |
[02:03] | Oh, I just love the American vernacular. | 我爱死美国俚语了 |
[02:06] | So cute. So quick. So long! | 好可爱 好简练 好走不送 |
[02:08] | OK. | 好吧 |
[02:10] | Better get my wallet first. Oh, these damn pants! | 我得先拿上钱包 这破裤子 |
[02:13] | You know? You spend fifteen dollars on a good pair of pants – | 当你花了整整15刀买条裤子 |
[02:16] | you expect them to be shrink resistant. | 最起码也该抗缩水吧 |
[02:19] | Well, Dad, when you spend that kind of money, | 爸 花那么点钱 |
[02:21] | what you’re really paying for is the designer name! | 能付得起的也只有设计师的名字 |
[02:25] | Gotta go. I’m so late. | 得走了 我迟到了 |
[02:26] | Oh hurry, hurry, hurry! | 快快快 |
[02:29] | I’ll call you later. | 我晚点找你 |
[02:30] | OK. Bye. | 好 再见 |
[02:31] | – Oh..God – oh..God | – 天啊 – 天啊 |
[02:34] | Oh! | 哦 |
[02:37] | Hello Joe. | 你好啊 Joe |
[02:39] | Hi, Dr. Crane. | 嗨 Crane医生 |
[02:40] | I just came by to give Daphne a kiss. | 我只是来给Daphne一个早安吻 |
[02:48] | And drop off these shoes. | 顺便送双鞋子 |
[02:52] | – Here! – Oh, thank you. | – 给你 – 谢谢 |
[02:54] | Well. Can anyone think of anything | 还有人能想到 |
[02:57] | to make this moment a bit more awkward than it already is? | 让这场面再尴尬点的法子吗 |
[03:10] | Thank you, Eddie! | 非常感谢 Eddie |
[03:17] | Oh..Thank you very much | 非常感谢 |
[03:21] | Look, isn’t that Dirk and Gabby Bindercott? | 那不是Dirk和Gabby Bindercott夫妇吗 |
[03:24] | Friends of yours? | 是你朋友 |
[03:24] | Mmm. Filthy rich. Timber money. | 是 富得流油 做木材发家的 |
[03:26] | In their case it really does grow on trees! | 对他们来说 钱的确都长树上了 |
[03:28] | Dirk Dirk! | |
[03:30] | Gabby Gabby! | |
[03:31] | Dirk Oh, Dirk? | |
[03:35] | Hello, Niles. | 你好 Niles |
[03:36] | Dirk Bindercott? | 这是Dirk Bindercott |
[03:37] | My brother, Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我哥哥 Frasier Crane医生 |
[03:38] | Ah? I’ve heard your program. | 我听过你的节目 |
[03:41] | Well I’ve seen your wife. | 我刚看见了你妻子 |
[03:46] | So Niles? I suppose I’ll see you at the benefit on Sunday. | 那么 Niles 周日的慈善会再见了 |
[03:50] | I know Maris is coming. | 我知道Maris会去 |
[03:53] | Yes, Sunday. | 是的 周日 |
[03:54] | Which benefit is Sunday? | 哪个慈善会在周日来着 |
[03:56] | I have so many benefits… on Sunday. | 我有太多慈善会了 周日那天 |
[03:59] | The ho-down for the homeless. | 为流浪汉举行的欢乐趴 |
[04:00] | You were invited? | 你有被邀请吧 |
[04:02] | The ho-down? Yippee-kai-yes! | 欢乐趴 废话啊 |
[04:06] | Oh, must be Gabby. | 那一定是Gabby |
[04:08] | Certainly sounds like her. | 听着是挺像的 |
[04:09] | So… see you Sunday. | 那么 周日见了 |
[04:11] | Yes. Till… till Sunday. | 好 周日见 |
[04:15] | Well, I wasn’t invited. | 我没被邀请 |
[04:19] | Niles, it’s one party. | Niles 就一次聚会而已 |
[04:21] | Yes, but when you’re off the A-list for one party, | 是没错 但那种顶级派对有一次不邀你 |
[04:23] | you’re off for all of them. | 以后也都甭想了 |
[04:24] | From now on I’ll be relegated to B-list charity events. | 以后 我就沦落到次等的慈善活动了 |
[04:27] | Grubby little theatre companies and last year’s diseases. | 小破烂剧团 去年流行的疾病 |
[04:31] | This often happens in these cases when two people separate | 分居后这种事很常见的 |
[04:34] | their friends choose one spouse over the other. | 朋友都会选边站 |
[04:38] | I’m sure they just chose Maris because | 我猜他们选择Maris是 |
[04:40] | she’s better connected and has more money than you do. | 因为她比你人脉更广 也更富有 |
[04:43] | Exactly which part of that was meant to ease my pain? | 你刚有在安慰我吗 |
[04:47] | Niles, I just think you’re overreacting. | Niles 你反应过度了 |
[04:49] | Oh wait, wait. | 等下 |
[04:50] | I know what happened. | 明白了 |
[04:51] | My invitation just got lost in the mail. | 我邀请函被寄丢了 |
[04:54] | No, it’s not so far fetched. It could have been missorted… | 这不牵强啊 可能被分错类了 |
[04:56] | or a stamp could have fallen off… | 或者邮票脱落了 |
[04:58] | or it could have been stolen by my mail carrier. | 还可能被我的邮递员偷了 |
[05:00] | Ho-downs are catnip to postal workers! | 这种派对对邮政人员来说就是兴奋剂啊 |
[05:05] | Well I’d ask you to explain that but then you would! | 我想让你说明一下 但你会当真的 |
[05:09] | – Roz. – Uh, I’m going to check with the post office. You know? | – Roz – 我去邮局查下 知道吗 |
[05:12] | I heard a story on the news the other day about | 我听新闻说有个人 |
[05:14] | a man who bought a piano at auction | 在拍卖会买了架钢琴 |
[05:15] | and when he went to tune it | 去调音的时候 |
[05:16] | he found a 40-year-old unmailed letter under the sounding board. | 在板子下面发现了一封40年没有寄出的信 |
[05:20] | Perhaps we should contact Feronte and Tisha | 也许该联系下Feronte和Tisha |
[05:22] | See if they have your invitation? | 看他们有没有你的邀请函 |
[05:24] | Poke fun now. | 随你取笑 |
[05:26] | We’ll see who feels foolish this Sunday | 看咱俩谁会丢脸 |
[05:28] | when I’m sipping champagne atop a mechanical bull! | 反正我那时肯定骑着机械牛 抿着香槟了 |
[05:33] | Uh, cappuccino, please. | 卡布基诺 谢谢 |
[05:35] | Roz, I want to get your take on something. | Roz 我想听听你的意见 |
[05:38] | What? | 咋了 |
[05:39] | Well. | 呃 |
[05:41] | Daphne and Joe are having sex in my apartment | Daphne和Joe在我家滚床单 |
[05:43] | and it leaves me in a rather awkward position. | 让我处境很尴尬 |
[05:46] | Doing what? Bending over to look through the keyhole? | 啥时候 从钥匙孔里偷看的时候吗 |
[05:50] | Oh Frasier, come on, what is the big deal? | Frasier 拜托 这有什么大不了的 |
[05:52] | Well, let’s just say that | 就这么假设吧 |
[05:53] | I’m sitting there listening to music, reading a book… | 我听着音乐 看着书 |
[05:56] | and you know, Daphne and Joe are “Back there.” | 而Daphne和Joe却在后面干着 |
[06:02] | So? | 所以呢 |
[06:03] | Well, it just makes me uncomfortable. | 反正我不舒服 |
[06:07] | I’m going to ask Daphne not to sleep with Joe | 得告诉Daphne别在家的时候 |
[06:09] | in the house anymore. | 和Joe睡一块儿了 |
[06:10] | Is that too…? | 是不是有点 |
[06:11] | Amish? | 阿米什 |
[06:14] | I was going to say selfish! | 我想说自私 |
[06:16] | Oh, let’s see. Please Daphne. Don’t have sex. | 看看啊 Daphne 请你不要跟人上床 |
[06:19] | It disturbs my reading! | 都打扰我看书了 |
[06:20] | No, that’s not too selfish. | 不 一点儿也不自私 |
[06:23] | Well, I just don’t think | 在自己家还不舒坦 |
[06:23] | a man should be uncomfortable in his own home. | 那像话么 |
[06:25] | How am I supposed to relax | 这要我怎么放松嘛 |
[06:27] | when every giggle, every noise, it’ll make me… you know…? | 他们说说笑笑的 简直让人 你懂吗 |
[06:31] | Picture it? | 幻想 |
[06:31] | Oh, of course not. Don’t be ridiculous. The very idea. | 当然不是 太可笑了 怎么能这么想 |
[06:38] | You’re picturing it right now, aren’t you? | 你现在正幻想着呢吧 |
[06:40] | Well, you made me. | 是你逼我的 |
[06:48] | – Hey, Fras. – Hey, Dad. | – 嘿 Fras – 嘿 爸 |
[06:51] | Is Daphne in? | Daphne在吗 |
[06:52] | Yeah, and if you have any sense | 在 你要是有脑子的话 |
[06:53] | you’ll pretend that nothing happened this morning. | 就假装今早什么都没发生 |
[06:55] | Ah, yes. Denial. | 对了 自欺欺人 |
[06:57] | Just the sort of advice I’d expect from a man | 你驾照上的发色还写着棕色呢 |
[06:59] | whose driver’s license still lists his hair colour as brown. | 你当然会这么建议了 |
[07:05] | It was until you came back to town! | 你没回来之前我头发好好的 |
[07:15] | Daphne. Uh, I think we need to discuss what happened this morning. | Daphne 我觉得我们该谈谈今早的事 |
[07:19] | Oh, it’s been bothering me all day. It was entirely my fault. | 我也想了一整天了 这都是我的错 |
[07:23] | No, no. I share the blame. | 不 不 我也有错 |
[07:25] | We never did have a formal discussion about the rules of the house, | 我们还没正式谈过这屋里的规矩 |
[07:27] | especially when it comes to… you know… | 尤其是关于 你懂的 |
[07:31] | I do want to apologise for any embarrassment I may have caused. | 如果有任何让人尴尬的地方 我真心道歉 |
[07:34] | You see, we can’t go to Joe’s | 你看 我们不能去Joe家 |
[07:36] | because he’s still building his house | 因为他房子还没完工 |
[07:37] | and he sleeps on a friend’s couch. | 他借住在朋友的沙发上 |
[07:40] | But I can assure you it will never happen again. | 但我向你保证 不会有下次了 |
[07:43] | Well, then our business is concluded. | 那这事就算翻页了 |
[07:45] | Meeting adjourned. | 休会 |
[07:47] | The next time Joe spends the night, | 下次Joe在这儿过夜的话 |
[07:49] | I’ll notify you well in advance. | 我会提前告诉你的 |
[08:02] | Daphne. I was just reviewing the minutes of our last meeting. | Daphne 我想了想刚才简短的会议 |
[08:09] | There seems to be some confusion. | 貌似有点小误解 |
[08:11] | Oh? | 噢 |
[08:12] | You see, my quibble is not with the lack of notification. | 我的意思不是你没事先通知 |
[08:15] | I am just not comfortable with you and Joe sleeping together under my roof. | 我是不喜欢你和Joe在我家睡觉 |
[08:20] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[08:22] | Oh, I’m sorry about that, but it is my room, isn’t it? | 很抱歉 但这是我的房间 不是吗 |
[08:26] | Oh yes, yes. And I want you to feel comfortable living here. | 当然是 我也想让你住得舒服 |
[08:28] | But I suppose it’s more important for you to feel comfortable | 但我想 让你舒服更重要吧 |
[08:31] | because, as you said, it is your roof. | 你也说了 这儿是你家 |
[08:34] | Oh. Thank you for understanding. | 谢谢你能理解 |
[08:37] | Not at all. Joe and I are going away for the weekend | 没事 我和Joe这周末会外出 |
[08:40] | but first thing Monday I’m going to start looking for me own place. | 但周一我会马上找地方住的 |
[08:54] | Guess who? | 猜猜是谁 |
[08:57] | Daphne… em… I don’t want you entertaining here | Daphne 我不想你在这儿寻欢 |
[09:01] | but I also don’t want you to move out. | 但我也不想你搬出去啊 |
[09:02] | Oh, I see. So you want me to stay, | 我懂了 你想让我呆在这儿 |
[09:04] | but just not have a personal life? | 但不能有个人生活 |
[09:06] | Well… | 呃 |
[09:07] | No, no. That works out fine for me. | 不不 这很好啊 |
[09:09] | I’ll just spend all day waiting on you and your father, | 我白天伺候你们父子俩 |
[09:12] | then in the evenings retire to me room, | 然后回房间 |
[09:14] | wrap meself in an Afghan and wait for the morning. | 裹着毯子等天亮 |
[09:16] | And if my whimpering gets too loud for you | 要是我抽泣声太大影响你了 |
[09:18] | You can just have me fixed like Eddie! | 你把我像Eddie一样阉了就行 |
[09:25] | That is not what I meant. | 我不是这意思 |
[09:28] | This is difficult for both of us, Daphne. | 这对咱俩都不容易 Daphne |
[09:30] | I have to express my feelings. | 我得表达我的想法 |
[09:31] | And… I also don’t want to lose you. | 我也不想让你走 |
[09:34] | You’re very important to me and my father. | 你对我们非常重要 |
[09:36] | That’s why my solution is best. | 所以我的方法很好啊 |
[09:38] | I’ll still be here during the day to take care of your father | 白天我还在这里照顾你父亲 |
[09:42] | but nights and weekends I’ll just go home to me own place. | 晚上和周末回我自己家 |
[09:45] | On top of which, you can turn this room back into | 更别提你还能把这屋子恢复成 |
[09:48] | your beautiful study you used to have. | 之前漂亮的书房 |
[09:50] | Well? I suppose, what other choice do we have? | 也好吧 不然还能怎样呢 |
[09:53] | Of course it’ll be a period of adjustment for all of us… | 当然我们都会有一个适应期 |
[09:57] | I know how much you two care about me | 我知道你们很关心我 |
[09:59] | and consider me part of the family but… | 已把我视为家庭一份子了 但 |
[10:03] | You’re picturing your study right now, aren’t you? | 你不会已经在幻想你的书房了吧 |
[10:07] | Well, you made me! | 是你让我想的 |
[10:13] | *She’s such a groovy lady!* | *她是一位时髦女士* |
[10:16] | Morning, Dad. | 早安 爸 |
[10:17] | Oh, morning. | 早安 |
[10:20] | You seen the phone? | 你看见电话了吗 |
[10:21] | Oh, I probably left it in my room again. Sorry. | 可能又落在我房间了 抱歉 |
[10:23] | Hey, I’m making breakfast Burritos. You want one? | 我在做卷饼 想要吗 |
[10:25] | I’ll passo! | 免了 |
[10:28] | Suit yourself. | 随你 |
[10:38] | Dad. Whatever happened to the silk pajamas I bought you? | 爸 我给你买的丝质睡衣呢 |
[10:41] | Oh, Frasier, you know, they’re too la-dee-da for me. | Frasier 那对我来说太高档了 |
[10:44] | Besides, they shrank! | 再说了 它还缩水 |
[10:50] | Whoa? There go my tater-tots. | 我的烤土豆好了 |
[10:53] | You want a pile? | 给你也来一堆 |
[10:55] | Not that I don’t enjoy a “Pile” Of breakfast as much as the next guy | 我和其他人一样喜欢成堆的早餐 |
[10:58] | but I still think no. | 但还是算了吧 |
[11:01] | Uh, dad, are you planning on going around like that all weekend? | 爸 你这周末就打算穿成这样 |
[11:05] | Yeah, why not? | 对啊 怎么了 |
[11:06] | Daphne’s off on her little trip. It’s just us guys. | Daphne去旅行了 就咱爷俩 |
[11:09] | Besides I’ve been wearing pants round here for three years. | 再说了 我已经穿了三年长裤 |
[11:12] | Enough! | 我穿够了 |
[11:14] | I see. Dad, | 好吧 爸 |
[11:15] | I’m sorry, look, I just have to do this. | 不好意思 我得给你套上这个 |
[11:17] | – Thank you. – All right. | – 谢谢 – 好吧 |
[11:19] | Now, listen. It’s no big deal | 听着 不是啥大事 |
[11:20] | but I couldn’t find the remote control for the TV last night. | 但我昨晚没找着电视遥控器 |
[11:24] | Now I thought we agreed that | 我以为咱都说好了 |
[11:26] | its place was on that table next to my chair. | 那要放在我椅子旁的桌子上 |
[11:28] | Well, what was it like in the old days | 那以前没发明遥控器的时候 |
[11:30] | when you actually had to get up to change the channels? | 你是怎么活的 |
[11:33] | It was hell! | 没法活 |
[11:38] | You expecting someone? | 你有客人吗 |
[11:39] | The contractor. I’m getting an estimate on restoring my study. | 承包商 我想对书房重建估个价 |
[11:43] | Why don’t you use Joe? | 怎么不用Joe |
[11:45] | I think Joe’s done enough work in that room, thank you! | Joe在那儿干得够多了 谢谢 |
[11:50] | Henry. Thank you for coming on such short notice. | Henry 多谢你临时赶来 |
[11:52] | No sweat. | 没事 |
[11:52] | I’ll just show you to the room. | 我带你去看看房间 |
[11:55] | Oh, this is my father. | 这是我父亲 |
[11:57] | Don’t get up! | 别起来 |
[11:59] | Like a cup of coffee? | 想来杯咖啡吗 |
[12:00] | Oh, that’d be great. | 好啊 |
[12:01] | Fine. Look, the room is right down the hall there to the right. | 好的 房间就在走廊尽头右转 |
[12:04] | I’ll meet you there. | 我待会去找你 |
[12:05] | Ok. | 好的 |
[12:08] | Oh, Dad. This is a small thing | 爸 跟你说件小事 |
[12:10] | but you left the sponge in the sink again. | 你又把海绵放池子里了 |
[12:13] | So? | 所以呢 |
[12:14] | Well, as I mentioned last evening, | 我昨晚已经说了 |
[12:16] | if it stays wet, not only does it begin to smell | 如果不拧干 不仅会发臭 |
[12:18] | but it becomes a breeding ground for bacteria. | 还滋生细菌 |
[12:21] | So? | 所以呢 |
[12:23] | So. If I were to say wipe up that salsa that you spilled on the table just now | 所以 如果我想擦你刚洒桌上的酱 |
[12:27] | I would be leaving behind bacteria | 那我就会留下很多细菌 |
[12:29] | such as salmonella, lysteria, flagella. | 比如沙门氏菌 李斯特菌 鞭状体 |
[12:33] | Now wouldn’t that bother you? | 这样你不闹心吗 |
[12:34] | Yeah, I guess you’re right, it would bother me. | 没错 是挺闹心的 |
[12:36] | I wouldn’t dream of touching that sponge now! | 我现在死也不想碰那海绵了 |
[12:47] | Ah, yes. Our own foul-breathed little handy wet! | 怎么忘了 我们的这只小抹布连呼吸都不好闻 |
[13:08] | You’ve been leaving lights on in the apartment all weekend. | 你整周末都开着灯 |
[13:11] | You know what that does to the electric bill? | 知道电费会成啥样吗 |
[13:12] | Suppose there’s a nuclear power plant they had to build | 他们得建个核电站 |
[13:14] | to keep that television on day and night? | 才能支持你没关过的电视吧 |
[13:19] | You moved my chair again, didn’t you? | 你又移我椅子了是吧 |
[13:21] | No! | 没有 |
[13:22] | Oh well, maybe Eddie did it. | 是吗 那就是Eddie了 |
[13:23] | Eddie, you move my chair? | Eddie 你移我椅子了吗 |
[13:25] | ‘Cause Frasier said he didn’t do it | 因为Frasier说不是他 |
[13:26] | and Frasier never messes around with my stuff. | 而且Frasier从来不乱动我东西哦 |
[13:28] | All right, I moved your damn chair. | 好吧 是我移了你那破椅子 |
[13:31] | The way you have it turned ruins the symmetry of the room. | 你放的角度都破坏房间的对称性了 |
[13:33] | The sight line loses all flow. | 视准线都变形了 |
[13:35] | Oh, the sight line. | 原来是视准线啊 |
[13:37] | And here I thought it was for some dumb reason. | 我还以为是什么蠢原因呢 |
[13:42] | And please, would you get Eddie off of the couch, | 你能让Eddie不上沙发吗 |
[13:44] | or else it’s down through the garbage chute | 不然我就送它进垃圾槽 |
[13:45] | for the thrill ride of his life! | 让它试试滑行有多恐怖 |
[14:00] | Well, howdy partner. | 你好啊 伙计 |
[14:02] | Save your snippy remarks. | 省省你的讥讽吧 |
[14:04] | Fair enough. Say, am I crazy | 好吧 你说 是我疯了 |
[14:07] | or is there a bright golden haze on the meadow? | 还是大草原上有道金黄的暮霭啊 |
[14:13] | Stop it. I’m in the middle of a social crisis. | 打住吧 我这儿正经历着社交危机呢 |
[14:16] | I just drove to the ho-down for the homeless | 我刚去了给流浪汉办的欢乐趴 |
[14:18] | assuming that Maris had simply neglected to forward my invitation. | 以为Maris只是忘了转发我的邀请 |
[14:22] | Well, not only was I not on the guest list | 却发现我不仅没在客人名单上 |
[14:25] | but Nelson, the parking attendant, | Nelson 那个泊车员 |
[14:26] | said he missed me at “The Luau for Lupus.” | 说上回在夏威夷狼疮活动没见到我 |
[14:31] | Now it is official. I’m a social outcast. | 这回没错了 我成社交弃儿了 |
[14:34] | Oh Niles, why do you even care about those people? | Niles 你干吗在乎那些人啊 |
[14:36] | In your hour of need | 你正需要他们的时候 |
[14:37] | they pretend you don’t even exist. | 他们假装你不存在 |
[14:40] | They treat you like you’re a leper, a non-person. | 他们唯恐避你不及 视你为粪土 |
[14:43] | But I really, really like them. | 但我真的很喜欢他们 |
[14:46] | I know, I know? It makes me sound pathetic. | 我知道 这听起来很可悲 |
[14:48] | But I’m newly separated. | 但我刚分居 |
[14:49] | These people have been my social circle for ten years. | 十年来这些人就是我的社交圈子 |
[14:52] | Frasier? They’re my tribe. | Frasier 他们就是我的部族啊 |
[14:56] | Well, I hate to break this to you, | 我真不忍心说你 |
[14:58] | “Waltzes With Snobs,” | 但你是在和势利眼共舞 |
[15:00] | But they have left you on the mountaintop to die! | 他们把你留在山顶等死 |
[15:08] | Now Niles, maybe your friends wanted to invite you | Niles 也许你朋友想邀请你来着 |
[15:11] | but they probably thought you’d be upset seeing Maris there. | 但怕你看见Maris不开心呢 |
[15:15] | Of course. You’re absolutely right. | 当然了 你说的没错 |
[15:18] | Oh, that’s ridiculous. | 那太可笑了 |
[15:19] | Oh, why are you so negative? These people do care about me. | 你怎么这么消极呢 这些人是真的关心我 |
[15:22] | Oh fine, very well. | 那行吧 |
[15:22] | Why don’t you just call them? Prove to me I’m wrong. | 不如你打给他们 证明我错了 |
[15:24] | Nothing would give me greater pleasure. Where’s your phone? | 再乐意不过了 你电话呢 |
[15:26] | It’s in my bedroom. | 在我房间 |
[15:27] | Where else would it be? | 不然能在哪儿呢 |
[15:28] | And Dad’s electric shaver is in the kitchen. | 爸的刮胡刀在厨房 |
[15:31] | You see, all our appliances are on an adventure this weekend. | 生活用品这周末都外出探险了 |
[15:40] | Well, are you proud of yourself, stirring things up? | 到处搅合事 有意思么你 |
[15:42] | Why didn’t you just let him think his friends were doing him a favour? | 就让他觉得他朋友在帮他不行吗 |
[15:45] | Ah, yes. The Martin Crane approach. | 对啊 Martin Crane的方法 |
[15:47] | Better living through denial! | 自欺欺人 活得更精彩 |
[15:49] | You did the same thing with Daphne. | 你对Daphne也这样 |
[15:51] | You couldn’t just pretend that nothing was going on back there. | 你就不能假装什么事也没发生 |
[15:53] | Dad, I’m a psychiatrist. | 爸 我是心理医生 |
[15:55] | I don’t pretend. I confront. I resolve. | 我不假装 我面对 我解决 |
[15:58] | Oh yeah, you really resolved this. | 是啊 你这回是真解决了 |
[15:59] | Now she’s moving out. | 现在她要搬走了 |
[16:00] | You know, I swear you just go looking for trouble. | 我觉得你就是自寻麻烦 |
[16:02] | Oh, that is so untrue. | 没有的事 |
[16:05] | And perhaps you can explain this!!! | 也许你能解释一下这个 |
[16:11] | A grown man’s obsession with a sponge? | 一个成年男人的海绵情结 |
[16:13] | No, I can’t! | 不 这我真解释不了 |
[16:15] | For the last two days I’ve asked you again and again | 这两天我已经一遍又一遍地 |
[16:17] | as politely as I can to wring out the sponge. | 尽可能礼貌地请你拧干海绵 |
[16:19] | But you don’t even have the consideration to respect my feelings. | 但你压根没想过要尊重我的感受 |
[16:22] | Because your feelings are stupid! | 因为你的感受很蠢 |
[16:23] | But they’re my feelings! And important to me! | 那也是我的感受 对我很重要 |
[16:26] | And because of that you should have the courtesy to respect them. | 你出于礼节也该尊重一下 |
[16:29] | Oh, just like you respect my feelings | 就像你尊重我的感受那样么 |
[16:30] | when I asked you not to move my chair. | 我告诉过你别动我椅子了 |
[16:32] | Oh, that makes no sense at all. | 这都哪儿跟哪儿啊 |
[16:33] | Oh, all right. | 好 |
[16:34] | You want me to dry that sponge? | 你让我弄干海绵是吧 |
[16:36] | I’ll dry that sponge! | 我这就来弄 |
[16:41] | Give it about a minute. | 等着吧 |
[16:42] | Oh, that’s mature. | 你真是太成熟了 |
[16:44] | Oh, boy? You know what a tortured little world you live in? | 天 你的世界也太折磨人了吧 |
[16:48] | Newspapers strewn all over the place. | 报纸满地都是 |
[16:50] | Sponge germs coming after you. | 海绵细菌攻击你 |
[16:52] | It’s a wonder you can sleep at night! | 你晚上还能睡着真是奇迹 |
[16:53] | Oh, my dreams get me by. | 我就靠我的梦活着呢 |
[16:56] | Like the one where I strap you in your chair | 比如我把你绑在椅子上的梦 |
[16:58] | and run around the house turning on all the lights… | 我还把屋里的灯都开了 |
[17:01] | …even in the rooms I’m nowhere near. | 离我老远的屋子也照开不误 |
[17:03] | Boy, that electric meter must really be spinning now! | 哇 电表现在该转疯了吧 |
[17:09] | Evening, all. Did you boys have a nice weekend? | 晚上好 周末过得好吗 |
[17:12] | Barrel of laughs! | 都笑抽抽了 |
[17:14] | Well, I had the loveliest time. | 我玩得很开心呢 |
[17:16] | Hey? Off! | 嘿 下去 |
[17:19] | We found this little bed-and-breakfast right up the coast. | 我们在海边找到一家小旅馆 |
[17:22] | I talked my decision over with Joe, | 我跟Joe说了我的决定 |
[17:25] | and he agreed it really is the best thing for everyone. | 他也同意这对大家都好 |
[17:28] | Of course I’ll still be here during the day | 当然了 白天我还会在这儿 |
[17:31] | to help your father with his exercises. | 帮你父亲做理疗 |
[17:33] | But nights and weekends | 但晚上和周末 |
[17:35] | it’ll just be the two of you carefree bachelors getting into trouble together. | 就只剩你们俩单身汉随心所欲喽 |
[17:40] | I’m usually just underfoot around here anyway. | 反正我也经常碍事 |
[17:43] | So you see, my decision is best for everyone. | 所以 我的决定对大家都好 |
[17:48] | Well, I’ve had a long weekend, so good night. | 这周末过得有点累了 晚安喽 |
[17:54] | Night, Daphne. | 晚安 Daphne |
[17:59] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[18:01] | What? | 干吗 |
[18:03] | You know how an Oreo has that soft creamy filling | 你知道奥利奥有层 |
[18:06] | between two hard cookies? | 奶油夹在两片硬饼干之间吗 |
[18:09] | That’s what keeps them together? | 把它们连接在了一起 |
[18:13] | See your point, Dad. | 懂了 爸 |
[18:15] | Daphne’s kind of the centre. | Daphne就是那夹心 |
[18:17] | I’ll go and talk to her. | 我这就去跟她说 |
[18:19] | Now, you and me, we’d be the cookie part. | 咱俩 就是那两块饼干 |
[18:23] | I get it! | 知道了 |
[18:33] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[18:35] | – Yes, of course. – Thank you, Daphne. | – 当然了 – 谢谢你 Daphne |
[18:40] | Daphne. er. you can’t go. You have to stay. | Daphne 你不能搬走 你得留下 |
[18:43] | I’ve only just recently realised how important you are to us. | 我这两天才发现你对我们有多重要 |
[18:46] | You see, if you go, Dad and I will kill each other. | 如果你走了 我和老爸会相互残杀的 |
[18:50] | I’m not just tossing out hyperbole here. | 我没在夸张 |
[18:52] | I’m speaking in the most literal sense. | 我是说真的 |
[18:53] | Dad and I, both dead! | 我和爸 都死路一条 |
[18:55] | Only he’ll be lying there | 只不过他会躺在地上 |
[18:56] | with a bacteria-ridden sponge protruding from his mouth | 嘴里塞着满是细菌的海绵 |
[18:59] | like a bloated tongue. | 像是舌头肿了一样 |
[19:03] | You don’t really want that on your conscience, do you? | 你的良知不会让你这么做的吧 |
[19:06] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不了 |
[19:07] | Truth is, i do still think of this place as my home. | 说实话 我仍然把这儿当成我家 |
[19:11] | But I know you’d never be comfortable knowing Joe and I were… | 但我知道你不会舒服的 当我和Joe一起 |
[19:14] | Well, I’d be willing to try. | 我愿意尝试 |
[19:18] | I know you better than that. | 我了解你 |
[19:19] | It’ll bother you and we’ll both be miserable. | 这会让你困扰的 到时候我们都会不好受 |
[19:22] | Why can’t I get past this? | 我怎么就过不了这一关呢 |
[19:25] | Oh, it’d just be easier if I could be like my father | 要是我能像我爸那样 |
[19:27] | pretending you weren’t in here making love. | 假装你们没在这儿上床就好了 |
[19:31] | Making love? Is that what you think we were doing? | 上床 你以为我们是在上床 |
[19:34] | Yes, of course. | 对啊 |
[19:35] | Oh no. There was nothing like that going on in here. | 不 没有的事 |
[19:40] | Really? | 是吗 |
[19:43] | Seems rather implausible. | 听着很难相信啊 |
[19:46] | I’d like to believe that and believe me I really do want to | 我很想试着相信 真的 |
[19:51] | how can I? | 但让我怎么相信啊 |
[19:53] | Well, how could Joe and I make love? | 我和Joe怎么上床啊 |
[19:56] | What with… er… Joe’s war injury? | 在Joe有战伤的情况下 |
[20:01] | I didn’t even know Joe was a soldier. What war would that be? | 我不知道Joe是军人呢 哪场战争啊 |
[20:04] | The Falkland Islands. | 福克兰群岛 |
[20:06] | But that was a British conflict and Joe’s not… | 那不是英国的战争么 Joe又不是 |
[20:08] | His parents have a summerhouse there! | 他父母在那有个度假屋 |
[20:12] | Oh, that’s very unfortunate. | 太不幸了 |
[20:16] | Having a summerhouse in a war zone. | 战区上的度假屋啊 |
[20:19] | But how-? | 但他怎么 |
[20:20] | He was kicked by a sheep. | 他被羊踢了 |
[20:23] | A sheep? | 羊 |
[20:23] | Yes, a sheep, spooked by an air raid siren. | 对 一只羊 被空袭警报吓着了 |
[20:26] | Work with me. | 跟上我成么 |
[20:27] | Oh, I see. So, what you’re saying is that Joe… | 懂了 所以你是说Joe他 |
[20:32] | Can’t. | 做不了 |
[20:37] | Well, I suppose that changes everything. | 这样一来 情况就大不一样了 |
[20:38] | Yes, I suppose it does. | 是吧 |
[20:41] | But just so as we’re clear | 但我得说清楚 |
[20:43] | even though there’s no actual lovemaking, | 尽管没有真上床 |
[20:46] | Joe and I can on occasion, say, | 我和Joe有时候吧 |
[20:48] | read poems to each other in here at night? | 晚上会给对方念诗 |
[20:53] | As long as you don’t read too loudly. | 只要声音不太大就行 |
[21:03] | She’s staying. | 她留下了 |
[21:05] | Turns out they’re sleeping together but not having sex. | 原来他们只是纯睡觉而已 |
[21:13] | See, they can’t have sex because of an injury Joe suffered | 他们不能上床 是因为Joe有战伤 |
[21:16] | when kicked by a spooked sheep during an air raid | 是被遭受空袭警报惊吓的羊踢了一脚 |
[21:18] | while his family were vacationing in the Falkland Islands during the war. | 那时他们家在福克兰岛上度假 |
[21:26] | Well, dad was right. They are my real friends. | 爸爸说的没错 他们是真心的朋友 |
[21:28] | It was all just a misunderstanding. | 一切都是误会一场 |
[21:30] | Apparently the social chairman’s dog ate my invitation. | 很显然 主席的狗把我的邀请函给吃了 |
[21:36] | And the poor animal had to go to the vet | 那只可怜的狗被送医了 |
[21:37] | and with all the confusion they forgot to send me another, and | 慌乱中他就忘了重寄一封 而且 |
[21:40] | when I offered my new address for next year’s party, | 我想为明年宴会报上我新地址的时候 |
[21:42] | they said, “No need. We’ll see you around.” | 他们说 “没必要 咱们回见” |
[21:49] | I’m gonna start wearing sweat pants. That damned drier again. | 我得换穿运动裤了 又是那破甩干机 |
[21:56] | Hey, you guys want some cookies? | 嘿 你们想来点饼干不 |
[21:57] | They’re reduced fat. | 是低脂的哦 |
[21:58] | Really? That means we can eat twice as many. | 真的假的 这样一来我们能多吃一倍呢 |
[22:01] | Yes, wouldn’t that be lovely? | 是呀 真好哎 |