时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Faster, Frasier, faster! | 快点 Frasier 再快点 |
[00:12] | You can make this light! | 你能在变灯之前冲过去的 |
[00:14] | God, you’re going to get us killed! | 天呐 你不要命 我还要呢 |
[00:15] | I can’t be late for this date! | 这次约会我不能迟到 |
[00:17] | – Right, take a right here. – Oh, this is ridiculous! | – 就这 在这右拐 – 太荒唐了 |
[00:21] | First the drycleaner, then the ATM, | 先是干洗店 再是银行 |
[00:23] | now you’re making me cart you off to some restaurant! | 现在又让我把你送到饭店去 |
[00:25] | Well, I’m sorry, I didn’t plan for my car to be in the shop. | 抱歉 要不是我的车送修了 我也不想麻烦你呀 |
[00:28] | But I really, really appreciate it, Frasier. | 但是真的很感谢你 真的 Frasier |
[00:30] | Oh, a basket of fruit would suffice! | 哼 起码得给我送个果篮吧 |
[00:34] | I am changing for my date! | 我在换衣服 |
[00:37] | Don’t look at me! Turn around! | 别看我 转过头去 |
[00:38] | Turn all the way around! | 转到那边去 |
[00:39] | I’m driving! | 我在开车 |
[00:41] | Fine! | 好吧 |
[00:43] | Hand me my jeans, will you? | 把牛仔裤给我好不 |
[00:45] | Here. | 给你 |
[00:48] | Oh, oh, great! That’s just what I need! | NND 我的运气怎么那么好 |
[00:50] | There’s a police car behind us. | 后面有辆警车跟着咱们呢 |
[00:52] | Please don’t turn on the red light. | 拜托 别开警灯 |
[00:54] | Don’t turn on the red light. | 别开警灯 |
[00:56] | Don’t turn on the red light. | 别开警灯 |
[00:57] | Damn it, Frasier! | 该死的 Frasier |
[01:01] | Don’t worry, Frasier you’re not going to get a ticket. | 没事 Frasier 你不会吃罚单的 |
[01:03] | You’re a celebrity, use a little juice! | 你是名人 用点小花招 |
[01:05] | Oh, I refuse to do anything of the sort! | 我绝不用这种花招 |
[01:07] | OK, fine. Enjoy traffic school. | 好吧 祝你驾校学习愉快 |
[01:13] | Good Evening, officer. I’m Dr. Fraiser Crane. | 晚上好 警官 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[01:17] | If there’s any problem I’m listening. | 有什么问题您请说 我在聆听 |
[01:20] | You’re doing sixty-two in a forty-mile zone. | 限速40迈 你开到62迈 |
[01:24] | Well, this is interesting. | 诶 有趣啊 |
[01:27] | Usually both people are in the backseat. | 通常两个人都是在后座的啊 |
[01:29] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样的 |
[01:31] | See, we were just coming back from KACL, | 我们刚从KACL电台回来 |
[01:35] | where I do my radio show. | 我在那做节目 |
[01:37] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[01:39] | You see, we ran a little late, | 今天的节目延迟了一小会儿 |
[01:41] | because I was on with a very troubled caller, | 因为我遇到了一个非常焦虑的听众 |
[01:43] | with a very complex psychological problem… on my radio show. | 有很复杂的心理问题 我的电台节目 |
[01:50] | Hey, wait a minute. | 嘿 等等 |
[01:51] | You’re Dr. Frasier Crane! | 你是Frasier Crane医生 |
[01:52] | Drat! My cover is blown. | 见鬼 我的身份暴露了 |
[01:56] | I love your show! I listen to it all the time. | 我超爱你的节目 我一直都在听呢 |
[01:59] | Oh, well, thank you. It’s always nice to… | 谢谢 很高兴能 |
[02:01] | License and registration, please. | 请出示你的证件 |
[02:05] | Be arrested by a fan. | 被粉丝逮捕了 |
[02:10] | Roz, if you could delay ablutions? | Roz 如果你能等会再喷吗 |
[02:13] | I’m in custody here! | 我这正被审问呢 |
[02:16] | Hey, it’s your birthday today. | 嘿 你今天生日啊 |
[02:18] | Is this a little celebration? | 你们是准备小小庆祝一下吧 |
[02:21] | No, no, I’m simply taking my producer to meet her date. | 不 不是 我只是送我的制片人去约会 |
[02:26] | Frasier, why didn’t you tell me it was your birthday? | Frasier 你怎么不说今天是你生日呢 |
[02:29] | I’d have thrown you a party at the station! | 不然我就在台里给你办个派对了 |
[02:31] | Question asked, question answered. | 你自己动动脑子吧 |
[02:34] | I’m just going to be dropping Roz off, | 我就是想把她送过去 |
[02:36] | then have a cold plate of deli, and get to bed early. | 然后吃个冷盘 就早早睡了 |
[02:42] | Almost makes you feel sorry for me, doesn’t it? | 你都觉得我太可怜了是不是 |
[02:46] | I spent my last birthday subduing a drunk-and-disorderly | 我去年生日的时候在一个破酒吧里 |
[02:49] | at a sleazy bar. | 制服了一个行为不检的醉汉 |
[02:50] | Don’t you hate to work on your birthday? | 生日那天还得上班多讨厌啊 |
[02:52] | He was my date. | 他是我的约会对象 |
[02:55] | Tell you what I’m going to do. | 告诉你吧 |
[02:56] | I’m going to let you off. | 我决定放你走 |
[02:57] | Just think of this as a little birthday gift from me. | 就当是我送你的生日礼物吧 |
[02:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:01] | But slow down. | 但是慢点开 |
[03:03] | I’d hate to see you get hurt. | 我可舍不得让你受伤 |
[03:06] | I’m listening. | 我在听着呢 |
[03:11] | OK, let’s go! | 好啦 我们走 |
[03:16] | Do you sense a little moment there? | 你有没有感受到一种微妙的氛围 |
[03:19] | What are you talking about?! | 你说啥呢 |
[03:20] | Well, between me and that very attractive officer. | 在我和那个迷人的警官之间 |
[03:23] | It just felt like there was something there. | 就是有一种特别的感觉 |
[03:27] | Yeah, major sparks. | 是啊 大大的火花 |
[03:28] | Now, just the right pedal. | 快踩右边的踏板 |
[03:29] | The big pedal | 大的那个 |
[03:30] | Now, just a minute. | 稍等一下 |
[03:31] | We’ll see if she’s watching me. | 咱们看看她是不是目送我离去 |
[03:32] | If she’s watching me, she’s interested. | 如果她等着看我走 她就是对我有兴趣 |
[03:35] | Oh, yes! She’s turning around, she’s looking up! | 你看 她转弯了 她抬头了 |
[03:38] | Move your vehicle! | 把你的车开走 |
[03:44] | Oh, yes. I’ve cast my spell. | 很好 我已经布下了符咒 |
[03:53] | Go ahead, make a wish. | 快点 许个愿呀 |
[03:54] | Oh, why bother? | 咳 有啥用 |
[03:56] | I made the same wish last year, it didn’t come true. | 我去年许了一样的 还不是没实现 |
[04:04] | Come on, son, blow out the candles! | 来吧 儿子 吹蜡烛 |
[04:13] | Oh, what a surprise. | 啊 真是惊喜啊 |
[04:15] | Look, they’re lighting again! | 看 它们又亮起来了 |
[04:17] | What sorcerer’s magic is this? | 这是魔法师的魔法吧 |
[04:21] | You know, Dad, I had a nice little birthday bonus today. | 爸 我今天还有个生日红利呢 |
[04:25] | On my way home, I was pulled over for speeding by a very pretty | 回来的路上 因为超速被一个美女交警抓住了 |
[04:28] | policewoman, who let me off. | 但她又把我给放了 |
[04:31] | I got the distinct impression that she found me attractive. | 我总感觉她对我有点意思 |
[04:34] | Now, that sort of thing happens, doesn’t it? | 这种事往往就这么发生了 对不对 |
[04:35] | Oh, sure. | 当然了 |
[04:36] | I was always leaning against somebody’s window thinking, | 我过去常常趴在别人的车窗上想 |
[04:38] | “That bloody chainsaw in the backseat looks kind of iffy, | “后座上带血的电锯很可疑 |
[04:41] | but she’s got a cute smile!” | 但是她笑的好甜” |
[04:45] | Oh, ha, ha. | 哈 哈 |
[04:47] | I’m telling you, there was something there, though. | 告诉你 绝对有火花 |
[04:49] | Well, of course the whole conversation’s academic. | 当然了 我们的谈话都很公事公办 |
[04:51] | I don’t even know her name. | 我连她的名字都不知道 |
[04:53] | I suppose I could call down to the police station | 我是不是可以打电话给警察局 |
[04:55] | and try to find out who was on traffic duty. | 问问今天的当班交警是谁 |
[04:58] | But, uh, I don’t suppose they’d | 但是 我想他们大概不会 |
[05:00] | give that sort of information to a civilian. | 把这种信息告诉普通市民吧 |
[05:02] | You’d have to have some conduit to the police department, | 你得有渠道 |
[05:07] | an insider who could break that damnable code of silence! | 或者内部人员才能破解这个难题 |
[05:12] | All right, I’ll make the damn call. | 好吧 我来打电话 |
[05:15] | You, Dad? | 你 老爸 |
[05:17] | Why, I didn’t even think of? | 我怎么都没想到 |
[05:18] | Oh, shut up. | 闭嘴吧你 |
[05:21] | You know, I haven’t felt such an instant attraction | 我很长一段时间没体会过这种 |
[05:24] | to a woman in quite some time. | 对女人一见钟情的感觉了 |
[05:26] | Well, considering the difference in our backgrounds, | 考虑到我们的背景如此不同 |
[05:28] | it’s really rather puzzling. | 还真有点困惑 |
[05:29] | Oh, pish-tosh! | 哦 扯淡 |
[05:33] | It’s painfully obvious what’s attracting you | 傻子才看不出来是什么吸引了你呢 |
[05:36] | the gleam of her jackboots, her dangling nightstick, | 闪亮的长筒靴 悬挂的警棍 |
[05:40] | the glint of her handcuffs hanging on her leather belt. | 还有她皮带挂着的亮晶晶的手铐 |
[05:44] | You’re off on some lurid little disciplinary fantasy. | 明明就是经典的制服诱惑嘛 |
[05:50] | Oh, Dr. Crane, shame on you! | Crane医生 你真是的 |
[05:52] | You got icing up and down your sleeve! | 你把糖霜都蹭到你袖子上了 |
[05:55] | Oh. I am a naughty boy. | 哦 我是不乖的男孩 |
[06:00] | Well, certainly a messy one. | 肯定是个邋遢的 |
[06:02] | But mainly a naughty one. | 但主要是个不乖的 |
[06:05] | Hey, Charlie, yeah, Marty Crane, how ya doing? | Charlie 是我 Marty Crane 最近怎么样 |
[06:08] | Hey, listen, Charlie, I’m trying to track down a woman | Charlie 我想跟你打听个人 |
[06:11] | officer who was on traffic tonight, uh, near… | 今晚值班的女交警 在 |
[06:15] | Blanchett and Fourth. | 布兰切特和第四大道之间 |
[06:16] | Blanchett and Fourth. | 布兰切特和第四大道之间 |
[06:17] | Great, OK, thanks. | 太好了 好的 谢谢 |
[06:20] | Her name’s Maureen Cutler, | 她叫Maureen Cutler |
[06:22] | and she usually goes to McGinty’s after work. | 她下班后常去McGinty’s酒吧 |
[06:24] | Charlie said she’s probably there now. | Charlie说她现在可能就在那儿 |
[06:25] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢了 老爸 |
[06:27] | Are you going to go? | 你去不去 |
[06:28] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道啊 |
[06:30] | A police bar? | 警察酒吧 |
[06:30] | If I go in there alone, I’ll stand out like a sore thumb! | 我一个人去太突兀了 |
[06:33] | All right, I’ll go. | 好吧 我陪你 |
[06:36] | Sit down, Niles, I’ll go with him. | 坐下 Niles 我陪他去 |
[06:40] | You know, after all these hoity-toity, | 在你约会了那么多傲慢 |
[06:42] | caviar-sucking egghead types you’ve been dating, | 娇气的女文青之后 |
[06:45] | I think a lady cop would be a nice breath of fresh air. | 女警察或许是个不错的选择 |
[06:48] | Oh, all right, I’ll go! | 好吧 我去 |
[06:50] | Give me a second, I’ll put some fresh collar-stays in, | 等我一下 我去换个衬衣 |
[06:53] | and-oh, oh, I’ve got a fabulous brand-new cashmere jacket | 哦哦 我刚买了件特别棒的羊绒夹克 |
[06:56] | I’ve been dying to premiere! | 早就想穿出来秀一秀啦 |
[07:00] | Oh, yeah. This is gonna work. | 很好 这事儿就这么成了 |
[07:11] | You see her yet? | 看见她了没 |
[07:12] | I don’t know. | 不知道啊 |
[07:15] | What about her? | 那个呢 |
[07:16] | No, that’s not Maureen. | 不 那不是Maureen |
[07:18] | No, I mean, what about her? | 我知道 我是说她怎么样 |
[07:23] | Oh, there she is! | 哦 她在那 |
[07:25] | Wow, she is a looker! Well, come on, let’s go say hello. | 哇 美女啊 走 去打招呼 |
[07:31] | Oh well! Oh my God, fancy seeing you here! | 哦 天呐 怎么这么巧呀 |
[07:37] | Hey, Frasier Crane. | 嘿 Frasier Crane |
[07:38] | Oh, you remember me? | 哇 你记得我 |
[07:40] | Come on? Sixty-two in a forty-mile zone with a half-naked | 当然了 限速40 你开62 |
[07:43] | girl in the backseat? | 后座还有一个半裸女孩 |
[07:46] | Roz Roz. | |
[07:47] | Oh. | 哦 |
[07:49] | Oh, uh, this is my father. | 呃 这是我父亲 |
[07:51] | How do you do? I’m Maureen Cutler. | 你好 我是Maureen Cutler |
[07:53] | Marty Crane, nice to meet you. | Marty Crane 幸会 |
[07:54] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[07:56] | Say, Maureen, how about a drink? | Maureen 喝点什么吧 |
[07:58] | Yeah, why not? | 好呀 |
[07:59] | Let me get them. | 我去拿酒 |
[08:00] | I’m a beer drinker myself, what about you? | 我通常喝啤酒 你呢 |
[08:02] | That’s fine by me. | 我也喝啤酒好了 |
[08:03] | Beer, huh? | 啤酒啊 |
[08:04] | Oh, what the hell, I’ll try one. | 管他呢 我也来一杯吧 |
[08:09] | So, what brings you guys here? This is mostly a cop hangout. | 你们怎么来了 这通常都是警察们来的地方 |
[08:12] | Well, I used to be on the force. | 我以前也是警察 |
[08:14] | Really? | 是吗 |
[08:14] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[08:15] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[08:16] | Marty Crane? You’re Martin Crane! | Marty Crane 你是Martin Crane |
[08:20] | You’re wasting your time in traffic, you’re quite a detective. | 你当交警太屈才了 应该当侦探 |
[08:24] | No, I mean I remember you when I was in training. | 我在警校的时候就记得你 |
[08:27] | You gave this great lecture at the academy on | 你的关于如何与武装嫌疑犯 |
[08:29] | how to deal with an armed suspect. | 周旋的演讲太棒了 |
[08:30] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:31] | How come you left the force? | 你怎么就退休了呢 |
[08:33] | Well, I uh, got shot by an armed suspect. | 呃 我被武装嫌疑犯射伤了 |
[08:39] | I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[08:40] | Oh, it’s all right. | 没事 |
[08:41] | So, do you miss it? | 你怀念吗 |
[08:44] | Nah, how attached can you get to a hip? | 怎么会 谁会那么爱自己的髋骨啊 |
[08:51] | Oh. Oh, I’m sorry. | 噢 真抱歉 |
[08:53] | I have to get over to the hospital. | 我得去趟医院 |
[08:55] | I told them to beep me if there was any news about my sergeant. | 我告诉他们 队长一有消息就赶快通知我 |
[08:58] | What happened to him? | 他怎么了 |
[08:59] | She’s having a baby. | 她生小孩了 |
[09:01] | Oh well, hope it’s a girl! | 哦 希望是个女孩 |
[09:04] | Yeah, I’ll tell Frasier you had to run. | 好的 我告诉Frasier你得走了 |
[09:06] | Thanks… listen, um, I never do this, | 谢谢 嗯 我之前从没这么做过 |
[09:10] | but I would love to have a beer or go to dinner sometime. | 但有时间一起喝点东西 吃个饭什么的 怎么样 |
[09:16] | With me? | 跟我吗 |
[09:17] | I don’t want to put you on the spot. | 我不想让你难堪 |
[09:19] | If you, uh, if you want to go out, just give me a call. | 不过如果你 想去就给我打电话 |
[09:24] | With me? | 跟我吗 |
[09:28] | You’re the only one here. | 只有你在这啊 |
[09:30] | Here we are! Three beers. | 来啦 三杯啤酒 |
[09:32] | Good news, there was a fly in one glass, so these are free! | 好消息 有一杯里面有苍蝇 所以是免费哒 |
[09:35] | I’m sorry, I just got beeped. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[09:37] | Oh, that’s too bad. | 那太遗憾了 |
[09:39] | Yeah, but it was nice to see you. | 是啊 但很高兴碰到你 |
[09:41] | Maybe I’ll bump into you again here sometime. | 没准以后还能在这碰见呢 |
[09:43] | Oh, that’d be great. | 那太好了 |
[09:44] | – OK, bye. – Bye. Well, I think I went very well, don’t you? | – 好了 拜 – 拜 我觉得还不错 是不是 |
[09:58] | I’ll have a grande half-caf latte, with a whisper of cinnamon. | 一杯中杯低咖的拿铁 加一点点肉桂 |
[10:01] | And for my father, plain coffee. | 再给我爸一杯普通咖啡 |
[10:05] | I cannot emphasize the word “Plain” Enough. | 就是特别”普通”的那种 |
[10:09] | No foam, no cinnamon, no exotic flavors. | 不要泡沫 不要肉桂 不要异国风味 |
[10:12] | If it is not plain, | 如果不是普通咖啡的话 |
[10:13] | I take no responsibility for the consequences. | 出什么事我可不负责 |
[10:16] | How about a biscotti? | 要意大利脆饼吗 |
[10:18] | All right. | 好的 |
[10:19] | But when you bring it, call it a cookie. | 但你端上来的时候 要说那是饼干 |
[10:25] | Hi, son. | 嗨 儿子 |
[10:26] | Hello, Dad. | 嗨 老爸 |
[10:27] | Uh, I want to thank you for meeting me like this. | 谢谢你专程到这边来见我 |
[10:29] | Well, my pleasure. | 不客气 |
[10:33] | So… what can I do you for? | 那 我能帮什么忙吗 |
[10:38] | Well, I need some advice. | 我需要点建议 |
[10:41] | Advice, that’s why you asked me here? | 建议 这就是你叫我来的原因 |
[10:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:46] | You’ve never done this before! | 你以前从没这么做过 |
[10:48] | Yeah, well, I’m sorry. | 是啊 很抱歉 |
[10:49] | But anyway, you remember? | 总之 你记不记得 |
[10:50] | Dad, I want you to know I’m not only deeply touched, | 爸 我不只是感动啊 |
[10:52] | but I consider this a watershed moment in our relationship! | 这简直是我们父子之情的转折点 |
[10:55] | Great. See, the thing is? | 很好 事情是这样的 |
[10:56] | All my life, it seems you’ve always turned to Frasier. | 从我记事起 你有事就只会找Frasier |
[10:58] | “Frasier Frasier Frasier” “Frasier, Frasier, Frasier!” | |
[10:59] | Niles, can I talk?! | Niles 我可以说了吗 |
[11:01] | I’m listening. | 我在聆听 |
[11:04] | Here we are. One latte, one coffee, and one “Cookie.” | 一杯拿铁 一杯咖啡 一份”饼干” |
[11:13] | I think they call this thing a biscotti. | 这应该叫意大利脆饼吧 |
[11:17] | No need to talk down to the man. Off you go! | 没必要跟他计较了 你走吧 |
[11:24] | Well, anyway, uh, you | 总之 你记不记得 |
[11:26] | remember the other night, Frasier’s policewoman? | 之前Frasier提到的那个女警察 |
[11:29] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[11:30] | Well, we found her at the bar, | 我们在酒吧找到她了 |
[11:31] | and, uh, well, she came on to me. | 她对我挺有兴趣的 |
[11:37] | – No. – Yeah. | – 不是吧 – 是的 |
[11:38] | – You? – Yeah. | – 你 – 是的 |
[11:41] | Was she drunk? | 她喝醉了吗 |
[11:44] | Oh, I’m sorry, Dad, of course, you’re right, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 爸 当然了 抱歉 |
[11:47] | Uh, what was Frasier’s reaction? | 呃 Fraser怎么说 |
[11:51] | I haven’t told him yet. | 我还没告诉他呢 |
[11:52] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[11:53] | I just can’t. | 我说不出口 |
[11:54] | Can I? | 我能说吗 |
[11:58] | I know he’s going to feel lousy. | 他肯定觉得很挫败 |
[12:00] | He finally meets a girl he likes, | 好不容易遇到一个喜欢的女孩 |
[12:02] | and she’s attracted to his old man. | 结果人家看上了他老爸 |
[12:04] | Hmm, that is quite a conundrum. | 是有点伤脑筋 |
[12:08] | I wonder if that’s what’s really bothering you. | 不过这不是你问题的重点吧 |
[12:10] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[12:12] | Maybe, underneath it all, you’re attracted to this woman and | 可能 你心里也喜欢她 |
[12:15] | you want to go out with her. | 你想去跟她约会 |
[12:16] | Oh, are you, nuts? | 你疯了吧 |
[12:17] | That’s sick! That’s disgusting! | 这太恶心了 太恶心了 |
[12:21] | But for the sake of argument, let’s say you’re right. | 但是为了把话题进行下去 先假设你是对的 |
[12:25] | Dad, you’re allowed to be attracted to a woman. | 爸 你谈恋爱又不犯法 |
[12:28] | What kind of a father does a thing like that? | 哪有老爸干这种事的 |
[12:31] | Did you encourage her in any way? | 那你给她什么暗示了吗 |
[12:34] | Well, I guess I was kind of charming. | 没 可能就是我的人格魅力吧 |
[12:36] | I mean, I didn’t mean to be! | 我不是故意的 |
[12:37] | It just sometimes leaks out. | 就是有时候实在藏不住 |
[12:41] | Well, what do you want to do? | 那你想怎么办 |
[12:44] | Well, most important I don’t want to hurt Frasier. | 首先我不想伤害Frasier |
[12:47] | And secondly, I want to go out with Maureen. | 其次 我想跟Maureen约会 |
[12:51] | The order of that changes depending on the time of day. | 这个前后顺序可以按具体情况调整 |
[12:55] | Well, one possibility is, go on a date with her. | 一种可能是 跟她约会 |
[12:59] | If you feel there are sparks between you and this woman, | 如果你觉得跟她确实很对眼 |
[13:01] | then tell Frasier. | 再告诉Frasier不迟 |
[13:03] | I don’t want to lie to my son. | 我不想对我儿子撒谎 |
[13:04] | You’re not lying to him. | 你没对他撒谎 |
[13:05] | You’re delaying the truth to spare his feelings. | 只是晚点告诉他 免得他难过 |
[13:07] | If nothing happens, he need never know. | 万一你俩之间没什么呢 他就不必知道了 |
[13:10] | Well, I guess it’s worth a try. | 嗯 值得一试 |
[13:13] | If Maureen and I hit it off, then I’ll tell him immediately. | 如果我和Maureen好上了 我马上告诉他 |
[13:17] | Or I can. Really, I don’t mind! | 我来说也行 无所谓 |
[13:33] | Hi, Dad. | 爸 |
[13:34] | Oh, Frasier! You’re still home. | 噢 Frasier 你还在家呢 |
[13:36] | Yeah. Where are you going? | 是啊 你要去哪儿 |
[13:39] | Just out. | 就是出去一下 |
[13:43] | What are you gonna do? | 干嘛去啊 |
[13:45] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[13:48] | When are you gonna be home? | 什么时候回来 |
[13:51] | Later. | 晚点吧 |
[13:54] | Well, you put a dent in the car, young man, | 年轻人 你要是把车磕了碰了 |
[13:56] | it’s coming out of your allowance! | 就从你的零花钱里扣 |
[14:08] | I mean, I’ve got my pride, you know. | 我是说 我也有尊严的 |
[14:10] | So, I said to her, I said, “Mrs. Crease, I’ll do the cooking, | 所以我对她说 “Crease夫人 我可以做饭 |
[14:13] | I’ll do the cleaning, but I draw the line at creaming your feet!” | 我可以打扫 但我的底线是不能给你擦脚 |
[14:17] | Dear, hurry up! “The Mambo Kings” Is about to start! | 快点 亲爱的 <曼波王> 马上就开始了 |
[14:21] | Oh, I wouldn’t mind mamboing with Antonio Banderas! | 要是能跟安东尼奥·班德拉斯跳跳曼波舞可太棒了 |
[14:25] | All right, set out the goodies and I’ll go get the wine. | 好啦 把甜点拿出来 我去拿酒 |
[14:28] | Oh, and this time, Charlotte, be careful with that chocolate! | 小心点 Charlotte 可别又把巧克力弄到沙发上呀 |
[14:31] | I had a hell of a time hiding the stain from His Nibs | 我好不容易瞒过我家Crane大人 |
[14:33] | Oh, hello, Dr. Crane! | 嗨 Crane医生 |
[14:37] | Daphne Charlotte Maggie Daphne. Charlotte, Maggie. | |
[14:39] | Dr. Crane. | Crane医生 |
[14:40] | Please, sit down. | 请坐 |
[14:41] | I thought you were filling in at the station tonight. | 我以为你今晚要去台里 |
[14:43] | Oh, I am. But, uh, not for a couple of hours yet. | 是呀 但还有好几个小时呢 |
[14:52] | Oh-ho, seems a shame to hang around here. | 哦 你在家里宅着多浪费光阴啊 |
[14:56] | I mean, I would have thought | 我还以为 |
[14:58] | you’d have taken an opportunity like this to, | 你肯定会抓紧机会去 |
[15:01] | I don’t know… go down to McGinty’s, for example? | 嗯 比如去McGinty’s酒吧 |
[15:04] | Oh, to see his new lady friend, you mean? | 哦 你是说去找他的新女友 |
[15:07] | Ah, well, I see I’ve been quite the hot topic over the teapot. | 看来我是你们茶话会的重要话题啊 |
[15:12] | You know, I may have said a thing or two in passing, but? | 我可能是提过一句两句的 但是 |
[15:15] | I’d go for it, Dr. Crane! | 我支持你去 Crane医生 |
[15:17] | Yes, well, if you must know, I was planning to go down there, | 是啊 其实 我也是打算要去的 |
[15:20] | but not for a couple of days yet. | 但是我想过些日子再去 |
[15:22] | Well, I wouldn’t wait too long. | 等那么久真的明智吗 |
[15:23] | I mean, strike while the iron’s hot, that’s what I always say! | 我总觉得应该趁热打铁 |
[15:26] | She’s right. | 她说的对 |
[15:27] | Well, women don’t really like men that are too overeager. | 女人不是不喜欢男人追得太紧吗 |
[15:30] | Oh, nonsense. | 才怪呢 |
[15:31] | I mean, you know, it’s one thing if the man’s some bounder git | 要是那男人是土包子暴发户 这话也许没错 |
[15:34] | from the docks, but it’s different if the man’s like you. | 但你就不同了 |
[15:38] | Someone who’s charming. | 你这么有魅力 |
[15:40] | And handsome. | 长的又帅 |
[15:41] | And knows lots and lots of words. | 还特别有学问 |
[15:46] | She could be down there right now, | 她现在可能就在那呢 |
[15:48] | nursing a genetonic,casting a hopeful glimpse towards the door. | 忍受着思念 眼巴巴地盼望着你呢 |
[15:57] | Well, McGinty’s is on my way to the station. | McGinty’s就在我去台里的路上 |
[16:01] | I suppose I could just pop my head in. | 那我就顺便过去看一眼吧 |
[16:05] | Thank you, ladies, for your support, | 谢谢你们的支持 女士们 |
[16:06] | even if it was nakedly self-serving and insincere. | 虽然是赤裸裸的利己主义 一点也不真诚 |
[16:15] | So, they finally put my transfer through, | 他们最终通过了我的调职申请 |
[16:17] | and I’m moving out of Traffic and into Narcotics. | 所以我要从交通组转去缉毒组啦 |
[16:20] | Yeah, I’m gonna be working with, uh, Bill Henderson at the 31st. | 恩 我就要跟31楼的Bill Henderson一起工作了 |
[16:23] | Good for you. | 不错啊 |
[16:24] | Yeah, I’m excited, although I hear he can be pretty tough. | 是啊 我特别激动 不过听说他很严厉 |
[16:27] | Oh no. I mean, he might seem a little stiff and strait-laced, | 不 他可能有点刻板和守旧 |
[16:31] | but once you get to know him he’s the greatest guy in the world. | 可一旦熟了之后 你会发现他是世界上最好的人 |
[16:34] | Yeah, he is pretty impressive. | 嗯 大家都很钦佩他的 |
[16:35] | Oh yeah, smart, great sense of humor. | 可不么 聪明 幽默 |
[16:39] | No, you’re gonna have a great time. | 你肯定会受益良多 |
[16:41] | Dad, I can’t believe you’re doing this! | 爸 真不敢相信你会这么做 |
[16:44] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[16:45] | Look, I was gonna tell you? | 我打算要告诉你的 |
[16:47] | Believe me, I did not put him up to this, | 相信我 我没让他这么做 |
[16:49] | though I think he’s overselling me a little. | 但我觉得他夸我夸的有点过了 |
[16:52] | I’m not the greatest guy in the world. | 我可不敢说是世界上最好的人 |
[16:54] | Seattle, maybe. | 西雅图最好的 倒是有可能 |
[16:56] | Am I missing something? | 我不太明白 |
[16:58] | Oh, I’m just joking. | 我开玩笑的 |
[16:58] | OK, Dad, thanks for warming her up for me. | 好啦 爸 谢谢你帮我暖场 |
[17:01] | I can take over here. | 剩下的我自己来就可以了 |
[17:02] | Martin Martin? | |
[17:04] | Come on Martin, you heard her, come on, | 快点 Martin 人家都发话了 |
[17:06] | what she has to do? Send up with the smog signals? | 还要怎么着 发个信号弹吗 |
[17:10] | Frasier… Maureen and I are here on a date. | Frasier Maureen和我在约会 |
[17:32] | I know you might think this is one of those wildly | 你可能觉得我现在这样站在这儿 |
[17:34] | embarrassing moments where I’m standing here with egg on my face. | 是我最丢人的时刻 |
[17:39] | I assure you, I’m not as embarrassed as you might assume | 但是我跟你打包票 我没有你想象的 |
[17:42] | I would be embarrassed. | 那么无地自容 |
[17:44] | I’m not uncomfortable, so please, | 我没觉得不妥啊 所以呢 |
[17:46] | don’t you be uncomfortable either. | 请你们也别不自在 |
[17:52] | Why don’t I give you two a moment? | 你俩还是单独谈谈吧 |
[17:54] | Whatever! | 随便吧 |
[17:58] | You asked her out?! | 你约她出来的 |
[17:59] | No, that’s not the way it happened. | 不 不是这样的 |
[18:01] | There’s no use lying to me. | 骗我也没用 |
[18:02] | I am at the lowest point I could possibly be, | 我已经跌到谷底了 还能怎么着 |
[18:04] | so please just tell me the truth! | 所以告诉我事实吧 |
[18:06] | Maureen asked me out. | Maureen约我出来的 |
[18:08] | Going down! | 坑爹啊 |
[18:13] | It happened the other | 那天你去拿啤酒的时候 |
[18:14] | night when you went to the bar to get drinks. | 她约的我 |
[18:16] | You know, it just caught me off guard, | 我也是猝不及防 |
[18:18] | I didn’t know how to handle it. | 不知道该怎么办 |
[18:19] | So, Niles told me that I should | Niles告诉我 |
[18:22] | Niles? Niles knows? | Niles Niles也知道 |
[18:23] | Look, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[18:25] | It was supposed to be a one-time thing, | 本以为就是一次的事 |
[18:27] | just to see if there was something there, | 只想看看我们有没有感觉 |
[18:28] | and if there wasn’t, then you didn’t even need to know about it. | 如果没有 那你也就没必要知道了 |
[18:32] | Well, is there? “Something there?” | 那有吗 有”感觉”吗 |
[18:35] | Oh, yeah. | 有 |
[18:38] | Well… it’s not as if we | 咳 又不是我们排排站 |
[18:40] | were standing side-by-side when she chose you. | 然后她选择了你 |
[18:43] | I was at the bar! | 我那时在吧台呢 |
[18:44] | If you’d gone to get the drinks, | 如果是你去拿啤酒 |
[18:45] | things would have been different. | 事情就不是这样了 |
[18:47] | I don’t think so. | 我看不是 |
[18:49] | Dad, I’m drowning here. | 爸 我都快羞愤致死了 |
[18:51] | Please, throw me a line! | 你就给我个台阶下呗 |
[18:53] | Look, uh, I’m gonna go tell her this whole thing is a mistake? | 好吧 我这就去给她说这件事是个错误 |
[18:55] | No, no, no, Dad! | 别 别 别 爸 |
[18:59] | I’ll be alright, really. | 我没事 真的 |
[19:03] | Well… the old dog’s still got it in him, huh? | 年纪大了也能有第二春啊 是不 |
[19:07] | Yeah. But, really, how long can it last? | 是啊 但是能持续多久啊 |
[19:10] | I mean, she’s got to come to her senses eventually? | 她总有一天得明白过来吧 |
[19:13] | Oh no, Dad, Dad, don’t sell yourself short. | 不 爸 别贬低你自己 |
[19:16] | You’ve got a lot to offer. | 你真的很有魅力 |
[19:19] | Well, I’m goona go ahead off to work. | 我去上班了 |
[19:23] | Goodnight, Dad. | 晚安 老爸 |
[19:24] | Goodnight, thanks. | 晚安 谢谢你 |
[19:30] | Damn! | 真该死 |
[19:37] | Uh-uh, OK, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[19:40] | Frasier just came in the building, | Frasier刚进大楼了 |
[19:41] | so everybody hide and be quiet. | 大家快藏好 别出声 |
[19:43] | Do you think he’ll be surprised? | 他会觉得惊喜吗 |
[19:45] | Considering his birthday was yesterday? | 鉴于他昨天生日 |
[19:47] | Yeah, I do, Elizabeth. | 会的 Elizabeth |
[19:49] | Should we yell “Surprise” Or “Happy birthday?” | 我们是喊”有惊喜”还是”生日快乐”呢 |
[19:52] | We’ve done this like five hundred times. | 我们都干过500次了 |
[19:54] | And every time it’s pretty much the same. | 每次都差不多 |
[19:56] | We yell, the person pretends to be surprised, | 我们喊 他假装惊喜 |
[19:58] | and we stuff ourselves with cake. | 然后我们切蛋糕吃 |
[20:00] | I just wanted it to be perfect. | 我只是想做到最好 |
[20:02] | And that is what makes you so special to us. | 所以你才那么特别 |
[20:07] | Now get under the console! | 快藏到操作台下面 |
[20:15] | Hi, Frasier! | 嗨 Frasier |
[20:17] | How you doing? | 今天过的怎么样 |
[20:18] | Oh, just wonderful. | 太好了 |
[20:19] | Forty-three is off to a rousing start. | 43岁真是开年不顺啊 |
[20:23] | Remember that policewoman I was interested in? | 还记得我喜欢的那个女警察吗 |
[20:25] | Yeah? | 记得 |
[20:25] | Well, she’s dating my father! | 她在跟我爸约会 |
[20:29] | Your father? | 你爸 |
[20:30] | Mmm-hmm! | 嗯 |
[20:31] | Well, never mind that. | 别管那些了 |
[20:32] | I know just what will take your mind off of it. | 我知道怎么让你换换心情 |
[20:34] | I’ve got something really funny in my booth. | 我桌上有好玩的东西 |
[20:36] | I spent the last hour wandering the streets, trying to take | 我在街上闲逛了一小时 |
[20:38] | assessment of my life. | 仔细思考我的人生 |
[20:40] | Do you know how long it’s been since | 你知道我多久没跟女人 |
[20:41] | I’ve slept with a woman? Seven months! | 上床了吗 七个月 |
[20:43] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[20:44] | All right, nine months! | 好吧 九个月 |
[20:47] | I really don’t think we should talk about that right now! | 咱们还是别说这个了吧 |
[20:49] | Oh sure, fine, you can’t spare me five minutes to talk about | 当然了 好吧 你连花五分钟听我唠叨 |
[20:53] | my problems, when every day I drop what I’m doing to be your | 我的问题都不肯 但我每天都要放下 |
[20:55] | personal Wailing Wall. | 自己的事 来当你的知心大哥 |
[20:57] | “Frasier, he stopped calling me.” | “Frasier 他不联络我了” |
[20:58] | “Frasier, he wants his key back.” | “Frasier 他把钥匙要回去了” |
[21:00] | “Frasier, his girlfriend is having me followed!” | “Frasier 他女朋友找人跟踪我” |
[21:04] | I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[21:08] | So nine months, huh? | 都九个月了啊 |
[21:11] | Nine long, long, months. | 长到不行的九个月 |
[21:14] | Oh… | 嗯 |
[21:15] | You know who that woman was? | 你知道那个女的是谁吗 |
[21:16] | Who? | 谁啊 |
[21:16] | Edna, from Accounting. | 财务部的Enda |
[21:17] | No… | 不是吧 |
[21:20] | The next day, she dumped me! | 第二天她就把我甩了 |
[21:22] | I tell you, Roz, I’m starting to feel nostalgic for that summer | 告诉你 Roz 我都开始怀念自己 |
[21:24] | in my twenties when I was impotent! | 20多岁时阳痿的那个夏天了 |
[21:29] | The only comfort I have now is knowing that | 现在唯一让我感到安慰的就是 |
[21:31] | my humiliation can’t possibly get any worse! | 我已经down到谷底 事情不可能更坏了 |
[21:33] | Surprise! | 有惊喜 |
[21:42] | Hi, Edna. | 嘿 Enda |