时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Go ahead, Tom. I’m listening. | 您请讲 Tom 我在听 |
[00:11] | Hi, Dr. Crane. | 嗨 Crane医生 |
[00:12] | Uh, it’s about my girlfriend. | 是关于我女朋友的事 |
[00:14] | My problem is, I don’t know if I love her for herself | 我的问题是 我不知道我是爱她这个人 |
[00:17] | Or because things are so great between us physically. | 还是我们之间美妙的生理契合 |
[00:19] | Well, how long have you two been together? | 你俩在一起多长时间了 |
[00:21] | Six years. | 6年了 |
[00:25] | And the sex is still that good? | 性生活仍然很好吗 |
[00:29] | Oh man, Dr. Crane, every morning, night, | Crane医生啊 每天早上 晚上 |
[00:32] | three times a day on weekends. | 周末一天三次 |
[00:34] | But I’m not sure we have much else in common. | 但我不知道其他方面我们还有没有共同点 |
[00:36] | Well, common interests are of course the foundation of… | 共同兴趣当然是基础 |
[00:38] | three times, you say? | 你刚才说三次吗 |
[00:42] | Is that abnormal? | 不正常吗 |
[00:44] | Well, uh, no, no, it’s not abnormal. | 不 不是不正常 |
[00:48] | It’s not fair, but it’s not abnormal. | 是不公平 不过正常 |
[00:50] | Um, but you know, perhaps you share more things than you | 但是 也许你们的共同点 |
[00:54] | think you do actually. | 比你想的更多 |
[00:56] | I’ll tell you what, try this: | 我告诉你 试试这个 |
[00:57] | why don’t you pick up a catalogue from a local university, | 从本地大学拿本宣传册 |
[01:00] | go through it with her | 和她一起找找 |
[01:01] | and see if there are any courses you’d like to take together? | 看有没有你俩想一起上的课程 |
[01:04] | That’s a good idea! | 这个主意很棒 |
[01:05] | Thanks, Doc. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[01:06] | Have a great weekend. | 周末愉快 |
[01:07] | Well, I’d wish you the same | 我也想这么对你说 |
[01:08] | but it hardly seems necessary. | 但看来是没有必要的 |
[01:12] | Well, that’s it for today, Seattle. | 今天的节目就到这里了 西雅图 |
[01:13] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane, | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[01:14] | wishing you all good mental health. | 祝你们精神安康 |
[01:18] | Niles called from the airport; | Niles从机场打来电话 |
[01:19] | he wants you to call him back. | 想让你给他回电 |
[01:20] | He sounded frantic! | 他听上去很慌乱 |
[01:22] | I’ll call him from the car. | 我在车上再给他打电话 |
[01:24] | He’s flying to a conference in Switzerland; | 他要飞到瑞士参加会议 |
[01:26] | I promised to talk him through it. | 我答应给他打电话陪他 |
[01:28] | Surely he’s flown before? | 他以前不是坐过飞机吗 |
[01:29] | – Well, not coach! – Ohh. | – 可没坐过机场大巴啊 – 噢 |
[01:35] | Roz, is this the dress you’re wearing to the wedding? | Roz 你要穿这件礼服参加婚礼吗 |
[01:38] | I have to, I’m a bridesmaid. | 我是伴娘 不得不穿 |
[01:40] | Is there a reason it has to be so, so…? | 为什么必须穿得这么的 这么的 |
[01:42] | Hideous? | 惨不忍睹吗 |
[01:44] | It’s supposed to be, | 就该是这样的 |
[01:45] | so that way, the bride, by comparison, will glow! | 只有这样 通过对比 新娘才会光彩照人 |
[01:50] | Next to this baby, she’ll light up like a bug zapper. | 在这宝贝旁边 她能容光焕发得像盏捕蚊灯 |
[01:55] | You know, of all my friends in Wisconsin, | 我在威斯康星州的所有朋友里 |
[01:56] | this girl was the last one I thought would beat me to the altar. | 我以为这个女孩最不可能比我先结婚 |
[02:00] | Not the Dairy State’s comeliest chunk of Cheddar? | 你说的不该是奶酪王国最漂亮的切达干酪吗 |
[02:03] | Let’s just say she works in her father’s ice cream parlour | 她在她父亲的冰淇淋店工作 |
[02:05] | and she eats her mistakes. | 她自食其果了 |
[02:08] | The groom’s family makes cones. | 新郎家生产甜筒 |
[02:10] | Oh, well, we don’t need Freud for that, do we? | 那就不需要弗洛伊德的理论来分析了 对吧 |
[02:14] | The whole thing is just so depressing. | 这事儿太让人沮丧了 |
[02:17] | Lately everyone I know is settling down, | 最近 我身边的人都安定下来了 |
[02:20] | getting married, | 结婚 |
[02:22] | having children. | 生子 |
[02:23] | What am I doing wrong? | 我是做错什么了 |
[02:25] | Well, do you want me to answer as a friend, or a therapist? | 你希望我作为朋友 还是心理治疗师回答 |
[02:28] | As a friend! | 当然是朋友 |
[02:30] | See a therapist. | 去找个心理治疗师 |
[02:30] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[02:33] | Well, Roz, I think your whole problem stems from | Roz 我想所有问题都源于 |
[02:35] | some unresolved issues that cause you to choose the men you date. | 你对约会的男人的选择 |
[02:39] | Always flashy and superficial, | 他们总是浮夸 肤浅 |
[02:41] | offering no prospect of a lasting relationship. | 不期望长期稳定的关系 |
[02:44] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[02:46] | Maybe fear of commitment, | 可能是你害怕承诺 |
[02:47] | fear of being hurt. | 担心受伤 |
[02:49] | But maybe it’s time you started looking at different kinds of men. | 但也许是时候开始看看不同的男人了 |
[02:53] | You know, men who are more settled, | 更稳定的 |
[02:55] | a little less flash and more substance. | 不那么耀眼的 更实在的男人 |
[02:58] | You’re probably right, Frasier. | 你可能是对的 Frasier |
[03:00] | You know, if I were smart, | 如果我够鲁莽的话 |
[03:01] | I’d go out with the next guy I see | 我就和我下一个看见的 |
[03:02] | I’m not the least bit attracted to. | 一点都不吸引我的男人约会 |
[03:08] | Roth, Roth, I juth bit my tongue. | Roz 我刚咬到舌头了 |
[03:10] | Can you kith it and make it better? | 你能亲一下 让我好受点吗 |
[03:12] | The next one after him. | 他之后的下一个男人 |
[03:15] | Oh, Doc, Doc. | 医生 医生 |
[03:16] | Here’s my video camera. | 这是我的摄影机 |
[03:17] | Oh, thank you, Bulldog. | 谢谢你 Bulldog |
[03:19] | What do you need it for? | 你要用它做什么 |
[03:20] | Well, I’m going to record my father. | 我要给我老爸录像 |
[03:21] | I’m going to have his life on tape | 我想把他的人生录下来 |
[03:23] | so Frederick can enjoy it in years to come. | Frederick以后就可以看了 |
[03:25] | What a good idea! | 这主意不错 |
[03:26] | Whoa! That’s the ugliest thing I ever saw! | 哇 这是我见过最难看的东西 |
[03:29] | I’m going to a wedding. | 我要去参加婚礼 |
[03:30] | Oh, I love weddings. | 我喜欢婚礼 |
[03:31] | Never been to a wedding | 我去过的婚礼 |
[03:32] | where I didn’t bag at least one bridesmaid. | 至少都能搞上一个伴娘 |
[03:34] | And the uglier the dress, | 礼服越难看 |
[03:36] | the quicker they want to get out of them. | 脱得就越快 |
[03:38] | This one would hit the floor before the rice! | 这件 上主食前就能落地 |
[03:43] | I’ve gotta get going. | 我得走了 |
[03:44] | Can you believe I actually have to be seen in public in this thing? | 你能想象我得当众穿这条裙子吗 |
[03:47] | Well, Roz, it’s only for a few hours. | Roz 就穿几个小时而已 |
[03:49] | After that you can donate it to the Salvation Army… | 婚礼过后 你可以把它捐给救世军 |
[03:52] | and one day make some Irish drag queen very happy. | 那会让爱尔兰异装癖们非常高兴的 |
[04:00] | What’s the point of going to Switzerland | 去了瑞士 |
[04:02] | without spending a day on the slopes? | 怎么能不去大斜坡上滑雪呢 |
[04:03] | So I, I ducked out of the conference | 所以 会开到一半我就逃了 |
[04:05] | and who should I run into, but Maris? | 除了Maris 我还能去找谁 |
[04:08] | She’d just flown in for her yearly goat placenta treatments! | 她正好去做一年一次的羊胎素护理 |
[04:13] | Good Lord, is it placenta treatment time again already? | 天哪 又到羊胎素护理的时候了吗 |
[04:17] | We had a set-to on the slopes. | 我们在斜坡上吵了一架 |
[04:19] | She ran, | 她跑了 |
[04:19] | I tried to follow her tracks in the snow, | 我试着找她在雪里的足迹 |
[04:21] | but alas, she made none. | 但是 唉 没找着 |
[04:26] | Oh, dear… | 神哪 |
[04:28] | What is it? What’s the matter? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[04:28] | I, I just spotted someone. | 我刚看见了一个人 |
[04:31] | It’s my least favorite patient. | 是我最不喜欢的病人 |
[04:32] | The man’s a compulsive womaniser. | 他是个有强迫行为的花花公子 |
[04:34] | He goes through so many women, | 他玩过那么多女人 |
[04:36] | he calls them all by the same odious nickname, | 还给她们取了同一个令人作呕的昵称 |
[04:38] | “Sunshine,” To avoid slip-ups. | “阳光” 避免说漏嘴 |
[04:40] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[04:41] | Frasier, what do you do when you don’t like a patient? | Frasier 你不喜欢一个病人的时候怎么做 |
[04:44] | Well, it’s a tricky subject, isn’t it? | 这个问题有点微妙 不是吗 |
[04:47] | How long have you been seeing him? | 你给他治疗多长时间了 |
[04:48] | Six months. | 6个月 |
[04:49] | We’ve made no progress whatsover. | 一点进展都没有 |
[04:50] | Sometimes I feel he comes in not so much for help | 有时我觉得他不是来寻求帮助 |
[04:52] | as to brag. | 而是来吹牛的 |
[04:54] | He claims to have been with, at last count, one hundred and fifty women! | 据他的最新统计 他和150个女人睡过 |
[04:59] | Oh puh-leease! | 拜托 |
[05:00] | A hundred and fifty! | 150个 |
[05:02] | As if anything over, say… seven weren’t absurd. | 如果要吹牛 7个还不会这么荒谬 |
[05:08] | Well, I would say eleven, but I get your point. | 我会说11个 但我懂你的意思 |
[05:16] | Oh, now serving one hundred and fifty-one. | 第151个女人来了 |
[05:21] | Good God! He’s here to see Roz? | 天哪 他来这见Roz |
[05:23] | Yes, well, no doubt they met when Sealy Posturepedic named | 很明显 他们是在被丝涟美姿提名为 |
[05:25] | them Man and Woman of the Year. | 年度最佳男女时认识的 |
[05:28] | Niles, you don’t understand. | Niles 你不懂 |
[05:30] | She- she’s been very vulnerable lately. | 她 她最近非常脆弱 |
[05:32] | Well, I hope you’ll forgive me if I don’t stick around. | 你得原谅我要走了 |
[05:34] | I’d better leave before she makes introductions. | 我最好在她过来介绍之前走 |
[05:36] | I’ve got to warn her! | 我得警告她 |
[05:38] | Warn her how? | 怎么警告她 |
[05:39] | What I just told you was in strict confidence, | 我跟你说的都是严格保密的 |
[05:41] | therapist to therapist. | 心理治疗师对心理治疗师说的 |
[05:42] | You can’t go repeating it! | 你不能告诉别人 |
[05:43] | But- but- | 但 但 |
[05:43] | No! | 不行 |
[05:44] | Oh… Alright, alright, of course, you’re right, I won’t. | 好吧 当然 没错 我不会说 |
[05:46] | But that is the last man that Roz should be with! | 但这将会是Roz约会的最后一个男人 |
[05:51] | Well, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[05:51] | Knowing Roz, he won’t be. | 了解Roz以后 他就不会和她继续了 |
[05:55] | Hey, Frasier! | 嗨 Frasier |
[05:57] | Roz Oh, Roz! | |
[05:58] | I’d like to introduce you to someone. | 我想介绍个人给你认识 |
[05:59] | This is Ben Collins. | 这是Ben Collins |
[06:01] | Frasier Crane, pleasure. | Frasier Crane 见到你很荣幸 |
[06:03] | Likewise. | 我也是 |
[06:04] | Is it all right if we can join you? | 我们能和你一起坐吗 |
[06:05] | Oh, well, why not? | 当然 为什么不呢 |
[06:07] | – I’ll grab our coffees. – Great. | – 我去端咖啡 – 好的 |
[06:09] | Oh, God. He is the greatest guy! | 天哪 他太棒了 |
[06:13] | You know, when I first met him, | 我第一眼看到他时 |
[06:14] | I thought, “He’s not my type.” | 我想的是 “他不是我的菜” |
[06:16] | Then I remembered what you said. | 但我想起了你说的话 |
[06:18] | And I’m so glad you gave me that advice, Frasier, | 还好你给了我那个建议 Frasier |
[06:20] | because without it, | 要是你没说的话 |
[06:21] | I would never have given him a second look. | 我绝不会看他第二眼 |
[06:22] | Well, Roz, let’s not rule out that all-important third look. | Roz 别忘了第三眼才是最重要的啊 |
[06:27] | Would you stop worrying about me, Frasier? | 别担心我了 Frasier |
[06:29] | This one’s different. | 他不一样 |
[06:30] | I can tell he really cares about me. | 我能感觉到他真的关心我 |
[06:32] | Here you go, Sunshine! | 你的咖啡 阳光 |
[06:45] | Why can’t you be like other dogs? | 为什么你不能和其他狗似的 |
[06:47] | Why can’t you bring home bones or animals you kill? | 带回家点骨头或者你咬死的动物 |
[06:54] | Give me those! | 把那个给我 |
[06:56] | Just relax, I’m just gonna put them with the roses you picked yesterday. | 放松 我只是去和你昨天摘的玫瑰放一起 |
[07:01] | Oh hey, Dad! Fresh from your walk? | 嗨 老爸 散步回来了啊 |
[07:04] | I think now is as good a time as any to crank up the ol’ camcorder. | 我想现在正是打开摄像机的好时机 |
[07:08] | Nah, maybe later. | 不 晚点吧 |
[07:09] | Oh Dad, you’ve been saying “No” For weeks now! | 爸 这几周你都在拒绝 |
[07:11] | Well, gee, some people would take that for a hint! | 有些人早该读懂我的暗示了 |
[07:15] | All you have to do is just sit here | 你只需要坐在那 |
[07:16] | and talk about your life. | 谈谈你的人生 |
[07:17] | Life’s got nothing to do with it! | 人生和录像一点关系都没有 |
[07:19] | This is about me dying and you having | 这只和我死了以后 |
[07:20] | something to look at after I’m dead. | 你有些东西可以回忆有关系 |
[07:23] | The whole thing gives me the creeps! | 想到这儿就让我毛骨悚然 |
[07:24] | I can’t believe you’re refusing to record your history, | 你竟然拒绝记录你的历史 |
[07:28] | the story that only you, Martin Crane, can tell, | 那些只有你Martin Crane能讲的故事 |
[07:31] | because it gives you the creeps! | 只因为录像让你不寒而栗 |
[07:33] | OK then, I’ll tell you the real truth. | 好吧 我告诉你真相 |
[07:35] | My Indian heritage forbids it. | 我的印第安血统禁止我录像 |
[07:39] | I’m afraid your magic box will rob me of my spirit. | 我害怕你的魔盒会把我的魂儿勾走 |
[07:45] | I don’t know why you’re being so negative about this. | 我不知道为啥你对这事这么不积极 |
[07:47] | It’s not really for when you’re dead. | 也不全是为了你死后有个纪念 |
[07:48] | It’s for when you’ve lost your mind. | 还为了你精神错乱以后 |
[07:51] | Hey, Frasier. | 嗨 Frasier |
[07:52] | Hello, Roz! | 你好 Roz |
[07:53] | Why, after waiting for forty-five minutes, | 等了45分钟 |
[07:55] | did I assume you’d forgotten our appointment? | 我还以为你忘了我们的约定 |
[07:57] | Sorry, but uh… I was on my way out, when Ben called. | 抱歉 我正要出门 结果Ben打电话了 |
[08:01] | Oh yes… Ben. | Ben啊 |
[08:02] | Oh, what’s with you? | 你怎么了 |
[08:04] | Every time I bring him up, you make that face. | 每次我一提到他 你就那个表情 |
[08:06] | I’m getting the sense that you don’t like him that much. | 我感觉你不那么喜欢他 |
[08:09] | It’s just that I know something about Ben… | 只是我知道了一些关于Ben的事 |
[08:11] | What? | 什么 |
[08:12] | Well, he’s a little old for you. | 他对你来说有点老了 |
[08:15] | He’s thirty-six! | 他才36岁 |
[08:17] | Exactly my point! | 我就想说这个 |
[08:17] | When you were a freshman, he was a senior. | 你念大一的时候 他已经念大四了 |
[08:18] | That never works out! | 这行不通的 |
[08:20] | I’m getting my briefcase! | 我去拿我的公文包 |
[08:21] | I’ll go get a Coke. | 我去拿瓶可乐 |
[08:24] | Oh, hi, Daphne! | 嗨 Daphne |
[08:25] | Hello, Roz. How are you? | 你好 Roz 最近怎么样 |
[08:27] | OK…can I ask you something? | 挺好的 我能问你点事儿吗 |
[08:30] | Does Frasier seem weird to you- ? | 你感觉Frasier奇怪吗 |
[08:32] | Oh God, yes. | 天哪 是的 |
[08:35] | I haven’t finished my question yet. | 我还没说完我的问题 |
[08:37] | Yes, well, when you know the answer, | 是的 但当你知道答案的时候 |
[08:38] | it’s hard not to hit the buzzer. | 很难不抢答啊 |
[08:41] | Well, this is strange. | 挺奇怪的 |
[08:43] | I mean, for the first time in years, | 我是说 这么多年第一次 |
[08:45] | I’m in a really solid relationship, | 我处在一段稳定的恋爱里 |
[08:47] | and instead of being happy for me, | Frasier不但没为我高兴 |
[08:48] | Frasier seems upset. | 反而有点心烦 |
[08:50] | Oh, that is odd. | 是够奇怪的 |
[08:54] | Unless… | 除非 |
[08:55] | Unless what? | 除非什么 |
[08:56] | Well… | 呃 |
[08:58] | Dr. Crane is jealous of Ben | Crane医生是在嫉妒Ben |
[09:00] | because he wants you for himself. | 因为他想和你在一起 |
[09:02] | Huh? | 啊 |
[09:03] | Ohhh, no, no, no! | 不 不 不 |
[09:06] | Yes, what else could it be? | 是啊 不然还能是什么 |
[09:08] | Fra Frasier Fra- Frasier? | |
[09:09] | What, you really think so? | 你真是这么想的吗 |
[09:11] | Daphne, no! No way! | Daphne 不 不可能 |
[09:13] | No, he doesn’t – | 不 他不 |
[09:14] | Frasier is the one who told me to find myself a new boyfriend. | 是Frasier告诉我找个新男友的 |
[09:18] | Someone who is settled, someone more nurturing, someone | 找一个稳定 更成熟 |
[09:20] | with substance over flash. | 实在不浮夸的男人 |
[09:22] | They could put that on Dr. Crane’s tombstone. | 这话正可以刻在Crane医生墓碑上 |
[09:25] | Oh, come on! No way! | 拜托 不可能 |
[09:27] | – No way! – Yes! Wait, there’s something else. | – 不可能 – 真的 等等 还有别的 |
[09:28] | What? | 什么 |
[09:29] | I probably shouldn’t tell you this. | 我可能不该告诉你 |
[09:31] | But earlier this morning, | 但今天早些时候 |
[09:33] | Dr. Crane was on the phone with his brother | Crane医生和他弟弟打电话 |
[09:34] | and he said that your relationship with Ben was driving him crazy, | 他说 你和Ben的恋爱快把他逼疯了 |
[09:38] | and that he was dying to tell you but he can’t. | 他很想告诉你 但又不能说 |
[09:41] | Oh my God, did you hear him say that?! | 天哪 你听到他这么说了 |
[09:44] | I certainly did! | 当然 |
[09:45] | Oh, this is too weird, this is too weird! | 这太奇怪了 太奇怪了 |
[09:47] | What am I going to say? | 我该说什么 |
[09:48] | Maybe I won’t say anything. | 也许我什么都不该说 |
[09:49] | Maybe he’ll just see how happy I am with Ben. | 也许就该让他看我和Ben在一起多幸福 |
[09:51] | Ben Ben Ben Oh, Ben, Ben, Ben! | |
[09:52] | My God, Roz, would you just drop it with Ben for a minute | 天哪 Roz 你就不能少说一会Ben |
[09:55] | and pay some attention to me? | 多关心关心我吗 |
[09:59] | Oh-kaay! | 好的 |
[10:08] | Morning, Roz! | 早上好 Roz |
[10:09] | Hi, Frasier! | 嗨 Frasier |
[10:10] | Hey, you look lovely, | 你看上去真可爱 |
[10:11] | that colour’s very flattering! | 这个颜色真讨喜 |
[10:13] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[10:14] | You know, I think this calls for a hug! | 我觉得这值得抱抱 |
[10:16] | Oh, I don’t look that good. | 我穿得没那么好 |
[10:17] | No, no, no, no, Roz. | 不 不 Roz |
[10:19] | Look! | 瞧 |
[10:20] | My God, the ratings are in, | 天哪 收听率出来了 |
[10:21] | and we did better in our timeslot this week than ever before! | 我们这个星期的表现比以往都好 |
[10:23] | Let me… Congratulations, partner! | 祝贺你 小伙伴 |
[10:28] | Say, you know. Why don’t we have dinner tonight, celebrate? | 我们今晚去吃晚饭怎么样 庆祝一下 |
[10:30] | That sounds so fun… | 听上去很有趣 |
[10:33] | but I kinda have plans. | 但我有计划了 |
[10:34] | I should have known. | 我就知道 |
[10:37] | Another time, perhaps. | 改日吧 或许 |
[10:38] | Yeah sure, that sounds great. | 当然 听上去不错 |
[10:41] | Yo, Doc. | 哟 医生 |
[10:42] | When are you going to return my video camera? | 你啥时能把摄像机还给我 |
[10:43] | I got a hot date tonight | 我今天有场燃情约会 |
[10:44] | and I want to record certain events for posterity, | 我准备给后代录点东西 |
[10:46] | if you know what I mean. | 如果你懂我的意思 |
[10:47] | Uh… tomorrow, Bulldog. | 明天吧 Bulldog |
[10:49] | Well, maybe tonight you could just have a police sketch artist | 今晚你只能找个警方的素描专家 |
[10:52] | crouch on your balcony. | 蹲在你的阳台画像了 |
[10:57] | So Mom, let me ask you something. | 妈 我问你点事情 |
[10:59] | How long did you know Dad | 你认识爸爸多久之后 |
[11:00] | before you told him you loved him? | 才告诉他你爱他的 |
[11:02] | Mom? Mom? | 妈 妈 |
[11:04] | Mom, you’ve been divorced fifteen years! | 妈 你们已经离婚15年了 |
[11:06] | Let it go! | 就放下吧 |
[11:09] | Listen, Ben is coming over to dinner tonight, | 听我说 Ben今晚来吃饭 |
[11:12] | and I think I’m gonna tell him I love him. | 我想告诉他我爱他 |
[11:15] | I have to get to work, bye! | 我得工作了 拜 |
[11:16] | Sorry, oh, I, I’m, I’m sorry, Roz. | 抱歉 不好意思 Roz |
[11:18] | I, I, I should have knocked. | 我应该先敲门 |
[11:19] | It’s OK, it’s OK, it’s OK! | 没关系 没关系 没关系 |
[11:20] | I, I, I couldn’t help overhearing | 我不小心听到了 |
[11:23] | the last part of your conversation there. | 你最后几句话 |
[11:26] | You think maybe you’re not rushing things a little bit with Ben? | 你没觉得你和Ben进展得太快了吗 |
[11:29] | Little bit… Are you really that serious? | 你真有那么认真吗 |
[11:32] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[11:33] | But you know, there are a lot of other men in the world. | 但是 世界上还有好多其他男人 |
[11:36] | And lots of women, too! | 也有好多其他女人 |
[11:41] | Well, that’s more of a personal preference but I… | 那是你个人喜好的问题 我 |
[11:45] | I meant for you! | 我是说对你来说 |
[11:47] | Look, Frasier, what I’m trying to say is | Frasier 我想说的是 |
[11:50] | I know you have a problem with me and Ben, | 我知道你对我和Ben有想法 |
[11:52] | but we’re happy together. | 但是 我们很幸福 |
[11:55] | Well, it’s just that you’ve only been going out for a month! | 只是你俩才交往一个月 |
[11:58] | Well, sometimes, that’s all it takes. | 有时 只需要这么点时间就够了 |
[12:00] | Fifteen seconds! | 还有15秒 |
[12:03] | Listen Frasier, I’d like to think that | 听着 Frasier 我愿意相信 |
[12:06] | there’s some small part of you that is happy for me. | 你心里有一小部分是为我高兴的 |
[12:09] | After all, it WAS your advice that got me this far! | 毕竟 是你的建议让我走到现在 |
[12:13] | Of course I’m happy for you. | 我当然为你高兴 |
[12:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[12:18] | Me and my stupid advice… | 我和我的蠢建议 |
[12:22] | will be with you for the next three hours, Seattle! | 将和你度过接下来的3小时 西雅图 |
[12:29] | I’m not doing it, it’s morbid. | 我不录 那很病态 |
[12:31] | It’s not morbid. | 一点都不病态 |
[12:32] | And besides, if you don’t do it, | 而且 如果你不录的话 |
[12:33] | the only footage we’ll have of you in the family archives is | 你在家谱里的唯一镜头将是 |
[12:36] | you pretending your stomach was a face | 那年夏天在湖边 |
[12:37] | that summer at the lake. | 你假装你的肚子是张脸的镜头 |
[12:40] | Alright Niles, | 好吧 Niles |
[12:41] | if it’ll shut you up, I’ll do it. | 如果录了能让你闭嘴 我就做 |
[12:43] | Thanks, Dad! | 谢啦 老爸 |
[12:44] | We’ll make this quick and easy. | 我们很快就能录完 |
[12:47] | Is that what you’re wearing? | 你就穿这个录吗 |
[12:48] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[12:48] | No, no, no, all right. | 不 不 好的 |
[12:50] | Here we go, here we go. | 开始了 来吧 |
[12:53] | Ok… | 好吧 |
[12:54] | My name’s Martin Crane. | 我叫Martin Crane |
[12:56] | When I made this tape, I was sixty-four years old. | 录这盘录像时 我64岁 |
[13:00] | But now… I’m DEAD! | 但现在 我死了 |
[13:08] | Trapped in a box, underground… | 困在一个地下的盒子里 |
[13:11] | Pretty scary, huh? | 挺吓人的 哈 |
[13:16] | Dad, surely you must have some message you want to leave for | 老爸 你肯定有什么消息想留给 |
[13:19] | the Cranes of the twenty-first century? | 21世纪的Crane后代吧 |
[13:21] | Alright, alright, I do. | 好了 好了 我有 |
[13:25] | Remember to always work hard, | 时刻记得努力工作 |
[13:27] | and that family comes first. | 家庭第一 |
[13:30] | And… I have a million bucks in unmarked bills | 还有 我有100万美元 |
[13:36] | that I took off a drug dealer that | 我之前抓一个毒贩时发现的 |
[13:37] | I have stashed in my old army foot locker. | 藏在我的军用储物柜里了 |
[13:42] | The combination is left fifteen, right thirty-two, | 密码是 左15 右32 |
[13:47] | le- le… | 左 左 |
[14:02] | Future generations: see what I had to put up with? | 后代们 看到我得忍受什么了吗 |
[14:06] | Hello. | 你好 |
[14:07] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好 -你好 |
[14:08] | I suppose this means we’re finished? | 我想我们录完了 |
[14:10] | Well, unless you want future generations to see me go to the can! | 除非你想让后代们看我上厕所 |
[14:14] | Niles, actually I’m glad you’re here. | Niles 其实我挺高兴你在这 |
[14:15] | I have to talk to you about Roz. | 我得和你说说Roz |
[14:17] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[14:18] | I’ve breached my ethics once already. | 我已经违背过一次职业道德了 |
[14:19] | I’m not doing it… | 我不会再 |
[14:20] | Please, please, I’ve gotten desperate! | 求你了 我都要绝望了 |
[14:20] | No, no, no! | 不 不 不 |
[14:21] | Niles, she plans to tell him that she loves him tonight! | Niles 她打算告诉他她爱他 就在今晚 |
[14:24] | From what you told me about Ben’s patterns, | 从你告诉我的Ben的种种行为 |
[14:27] | that will be the end of it and Roz will be shattered. | 他们的关系就会结束 而Roz将会心碎 |
[14:30] | God, there has got to be some loophole in this confidentiality rule that | 天哪 保密规则里一定有什么漏洞 |
[14:34] | will allow me to warn her and still preserve your ethics. | 能让我警告她 又不违背你的职业道德 |
[14:37] | Niles! Help me look through these textbooks! | Niles 来帮我看看这些课本 |
[14:40] | No, I’ll have no part in this! | 不 我跟这事没有关系 |
[14:41] | Please, Niles! Think of Roz! | 求你了 Niles 想想Roz |
[14:43] | I’m thinking of my license! | 我在想我的执照 |
[14:44] | Well then, think of what Freud said! | 想想弗洛伊德说过的 |
[14:46] | “We are never so helplessly unhappy as we may lose love.” | “爱情逝去 快乐也随之而去” |
[14:53] | Oh, all right! | 好吧 |
[14:55] | But that was dirty pool, using a Freud quotation. | 但在这引用弗洛伊德的话是引我往下跳 |
[14:57] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:59] | It’s the Crane boys’ kryptonite. | 那是Crane家男孩的弱点 |
[15:01] | Yeah, I know, I know. Thank you. | 我懂 谢谢你 |
[15:06] | Say, here’s a possibility. | 这个可能行 |
[15:08] | According to this, it says we can warn her | 这写着如果他要对她进行人身伤害 |
[15:11] | if he plans to do her bodily harm. | 我们可以警告她 |
[15:13] | Does he? | 他会这么做吗 |
[15:14] | No. | 不 |
[15:15] | Damn! | 妈的 |
[15:18] | It would be so much easier if Roz were mentally incompetent. | 如果Roz是精神无能力者 这事就简单多了 |
[15:25] | Go on… | 接着说 |
[15:27] | Well, then there’d be some justification for protecting her. | 就可以采取正当行为保护她 |
[15:31] | Is she irrational? | 她不理性吗 |
[15:32] | She did attack a vending machine once, | 她有一次袭击了一架自动售货机 |
[15:36] | when a Twinkie came out of the Oreo chute. | 因为奶油蛋糕从奥利奥的口出来了 |
[15:39] | Borderline, borderline. | 快越界了 快越界了 |
[15:40] | Does she ever act delusional? | 她有妄想的举动吗 |
[15:42] | Well, she often claims that | 她经常说 |
[15:43] | she is responsible for the success of our show. | 她是我们节目成功的原因 |
[15:44] | – Building, building. – Well, it is, OK, alright. | – 差不多了 差不多了 – 好的 |
[15:47] | Does she display below-average intelligence? | 她智力低于平均水平吗 |
[15:49] | She once ordered a bottle of white Zinfandel! | 她有一次点了一瓶白仙芬黛 |
[15:52] | Jackpot! | 成功了 |
[15:54] | Go to her, she’s a threat to herself! | 去找她 她对自己是个威胁 |
[15:55] | It’s amazing they even let the woman drive! | 他们居然让这女人开车 |
[16:01] | Who is it? | 谁啊 |
[16:01] | Frasier It’s Frasier! | |
[16:07] | Oh my God! What happened? | 天哪 怎么了 |
[16:09] | He dumped me, Frasier! | 他把我甩了 Frasier |
[16:10] | Oh, oh, oh, honey! | 喔 宝贝 |
[16:14] | I – come here. Oh God… | 我 过来 天哪 |
[16:18] | Everything was going great! | 一开始一切都很完美 |
[16:20] | Until I said “I love you, Ben.” | 直到我说 “我爱你 Ben” |
[16:22] | Then he got this look on his face, | 然后他脸上出现了那种表情 |
[16:23] | like he’d taken a wrong turn in a really bad neighbourhood! | 就像在治安很乱的地方转错了弯 |
[16:30] | He didn’t even touch the champagne. | 他都没喝香槟 |
[16:33] | Oh I’m… I’m sorry, Roz. Here. | 我 我很抱歉 Roz 给 |
[16:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:41] | When you… | 当你 |
[16:46] | when you professed your love for him, | 当你表达爱意时 |
[16:48] | uh… were you dressed like that? | 你就穿成这样吗 |
[16:53] | No! | 当然不是 |
[16:55] | After he left, I went in to change, | 他走了以后 我去换衣服 |
[16:57] | and I saw all these old bridesmaid dresses hanging in the closet. | 我看见衣橱里这些伴娘礼服 |
[17:02] | And that’s when it hit me. | 我被击垮了 |
[17:04] | That’s what I am, a bridesmaid! | 这就是我的命 伴娘 |
[17:07] | I might as well wear the uniform! | 我还是一辈子穿工作服算了 |
[17:10] | Oh Roz, no, no, no, now, now, come on, come on! | Roz 不 不 不是的 听我说 |
[17:15] | Yes! | 就是 |
[17:16] | Now look, look, you know, | 听我说 |
[17:17] | I find that whenever I’m low, | 当我发现自己情绪低落时 |
[17:19] | it always lifts my spirits | 打扮得整齐漂亮点 |
[17:21] | when I just spruce up a bit. | 总能让我打起精神来 |
[17:22] | So, it wouldn’t hurt to run a brush through your hair… | 梳梳头没坏处 |
[17:28] | or through your teeth. | 或者刷个牙也行 |
[17:29] | Oh God! | 天哪 |
[17:32] | I must look awful! | 我看起来肯定糟透了 |
[17:34] | No, no, not at all. | 不 不 一点也不 |
[17:37] | You’re a big fat liar. | 你个大骗子 |
[17:41] | But you were right about Ben, | 但是关于Ben 你是对的 |
[17:44] | and I just didn’t see it. | 我只是没看透 |
[17:48] | What made you come over here anyway? | 说到底 你来干嘛 |
[17:50] | Well, actually, I was coming over here to take one last stab | 其实 我是来最后尝试一下 |
[17:54] | at convincing you that Ben was the wrong man for you. | 说服你 Ben不适合你 |
[17:58] | You deserve someone better, Roz. | 你值得更好的人 Roz |
[18:00] | Oh, yeah, | 是啊 |
[18:01] | I’m a real catch! | 我真是个尤物 |
[18:09] | Hell… | 该死 |
[18:10] | Oh, now, things really aren’t all as dark as they seem. | 事情不总是像看上去那样黑暗 |
[18:18] | You know, you’re a- a beautiful, intelligent, desirable… | 你漂亮 智慧 理想的 |
[18:25] | Just let me take a stab at that, will you? | 我帮你梳一下 好吗 |
[18:28] | I can’t imagine any man not thinking himself | 我不信会有男人觉得和你在一起 |
[18:30] | the luckiest in the world to be with you. | 自己会是世界上最幸福的人 |
[18:33] | You really do… think that, don’t you? | 你真的这么想 是吗 |
[18:36] | Yes, and I’m surprised you even had to ask me that. | 是的 你居然还需要问 |
[18:39] | I guess I didn’t. | 我想我不需要 |
[18:41] | I’ve known that you’ve had these romantic feelings toward me, | 我知道你对我有感觉 |
[18:44] | for a while. | 已经有一阵子了 |
[18:50] | What? | 啥 |
[18:51] | Oh come on! Don’t deny it. | 拜托 不要否认 |
[18:54] | Those hints about finding someone with substance over style, | 暗示我找一个更实在而不时尚的男人 |
[18:58] | the way you hated Ben. | 你讨厌Ben的样子 |
[19:00] | And then Daphne told me | Daphne还告诉我 |
[19:01] | she overheard you telling Niles that | 她无意中听到你告诉Niles |
[19:03] | you couldn’t stop thinking about me | 你不能停止想我 |
[19:05] | and wanted to tell me the truth! | 而且想告诉我真相 |
[19:06] | Daphne told you that? | Daphne告诉的你 |
[19:07] | Yeah – don’t be mad at her. | 是的 不要生她的气 |
[19:08] | No, no, I’m not. | 不 不 我没有 |
[19:09] | It’s just that when she said that… | 只是 当她说 |
[19:10] | No it’s OK, Frasier. | 没关系 Frasier |
[19:12] | I’m glad she told me. | 我很高兴她告诉了我 |
[19:14] | The only thing keeping me from completely falling apart right now is | 现在没让我完全支离破碎的就是 |
[19:18] | knowing that someone like you could be interested in me. | 知道有人会像你一样对我有兴趣 |
[19:27] | Well, then… there’s no point in denying it, is there? | 那么 否认就没什么意义了 对吗 |
[19:40] | You know, maybe the idea of you and me isn’t so crazy. | 也许我们俩在一起也不算太疯狂 |
[19:46] | You are the kind of man I should be with! | 你就是我该在一起的类型 |
[19:49] | Smart, gentle… | 聪明 绅士 |
[19:51] | Ow! I said gentle! | 噢 我说的绅士 |
[19:53] | Oh, oh, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, Roz. | 抱歉 抱歉 Roz |
[19:55] | Uh, you know, it’s just that there are so many… | 你懂得 只是有太多的 |
[19:58] | I know, I know. Workplace romances always fail. | 我懂 职场恋爱总是失败 |
[20:01] | Exactly my point! | 正是 |
[20:02] | And I’m on the rebound. | 而且我在疗伤期 |
[20:04] | I’ve got to give myself time to heal. | 我得给自己时间痊愈 |
[20:06] | Yes, yes, lots of time. | 是的 需要大量时间 |
[20:10] | On the other hand, you are the one who always says | 不过 是你总说 |
[20:13] | the best relationships start with friendship, actually. | 最好的恋爱都是从友谊开始的 |
[20:15] | Well, I do say to that, yes. | 我是这么说过 是的 |
[20:17] | It’s true, but… | 这是真的 但 |
[20:18] | And we’re friends, aren’t we? | 我们是朋友 不是吗 |
[20:21] | We’re very good friends. | 我们是非常好的朋友 |
[20:23] | Right now we are both free. | 现在我们俩都单身 |
[20:25] | Oh well, in my case, painfully free. | 对我而言 痛并单身着 |
[20:30] | You know, maybe if we both went into it with our eyes open…? | 也许可以先试着睁着眼睛接吻 |
[20:40] | No, what am I saying? It’s crazy. | 不 我在说什么 太疯狂了 |
[20:43] | And…my relationship with you is probably the healthiest one | 我和你的关系可能是我和男人 |
[20:47] | I’ve ever had with a man! | 有过的最健康的关系了 |
[20:48] | I don’t want to screw that up. | 我可不想毁了它 |
[20:50] | Now that you mention it, | 既然你说到了 |
[20:51] | my relationship with you | 我和你的关系 |
[20:52] | is probably the best one I’ve ever had with a woman! | 也可能是我和女人有过的最健康的关系了 |
[20:55] | Not that it’s been much of a horse race, but… | 倒不是因为像赛马一样刺激 但是 |
[21:03] | To friendship? | 敬友谊 |
[21:08] | Here’s hoping the next time | 希望下次你对一个男人说你爱他时 |
[21:11] | you tell a man you love him, he says it back. | 他说他也爱你 |
[21:18] | Well, let’s see. | 咱们试试 |
[21:20] | I love you, Frasier. | 我爱你 Frasier |
[21:24] | I love you too, Roz. | 我也爱你 Roz |
[21:27] | You gonna be alright? | 你会好好的 |
[21:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:29] | Well, I’d better run. | 我该走了 |
[21:31] | Yeah, my saying “I love you” seems to | 是啊 我说我爱你的时候 |
[21:33] | have that effect on men. | 男人都要逃 |
[21:34] | No, no, no, I’ll- I’ll stay if you like! | 不 我会 我会留下 如果你需要 |
[21:38] | No, no. Don’t you worry about me. | 不 不 不用担心我 |
[21:41] | I will not be alone. | 我不会孤独的 |
[21:42] | I will be sliding into a hot tub with my good friends, Ben & Jerry. | 我会抱着冰淇淋滑进热浴缸里 |
[21:48] | See you tomorrow, Roz. | 明天见 Roz |
[21:50] | See you, Frasier. | 再见 Frasier |