时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane, wishing you all good mental health. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 祝您精神安康 |
[00:15] | – Happy anniversary! – Oh, Roz! Roz! | – 周年快乐 – 哦 Roz |
[00:17] | Oh, this is so much fun, Roz! I got you one too! | 太有意思了 Roz 我也给你准备了礼物 |
[00:19] | – Oh, thank you,Frasier! OK., you first. – OK, all right. | – 哦 谢谢 Frasier 你先拆 – 好嘞 |
[00:23] | I mean, it’s nothing really, | 话说 只是个微不足道的小东西 |
[00:24] | it’s not expensive or anything, you probably won’t even like it, | 也不值钱什么的 你可能都不喜欢 |
[00:26] | – I’m not good with gifts – Look, don’t oversell it, Roz. | – 我最不会挑礼物了 – 别卖弄了 Roz |
[00:31] | It’s a tape. | 是卷磁带 |
[00:35] | “The Dr. Frasier Crane Show: | Frasier Crane医生秀 |
[00:38] | Show #1, May 21st, 1993.” | 第一场 1993年5月21日 |
[00:43] | It’s our first broadcast. | 是我们第一次节目 |
[00:44] | Oh, Roz! I can’t wait to listen to it! | 噢 Roz 我都等不及要听了 |
[00:48] | Did you ever think I’d stay on the air this long? | 你以前就觉得我能主持这么久吗 |
[00:50] | Oh, no hell no. | 打死也没想到 |
[00:54] | “To Roz, who believed in me from the start.” | 献给Roz 从一开始就看好我的人 |
[00:57] | Yes, it’s from Hallmark’s “Irony” Section. | 对 一张Hallmark牌”讽刺”主题贺卡 |
[01:04] | Oh, Frasier, they’re beautiful! | 哦 Frasier 真漂亮 |
[01:07] | Earrings! Thank you, | 谢谢你的耳环 |
[01:09] | – thank you! – You deserve them. | – 谢谢 – 应该的 |
[01:10] | Working side by side for three years, | 肩并肩一起工作了三年 |
[01:12] | one can’t help but become close friends. | 死对头也变成好朋友了 |
[01:14] | And they’re blue! | 特意买的蓝色的 |
[01:15] | To match your… lips when they’re cold! | 正好配你的唇色 不过得等你冻僵了 |
[01:23] | Oh, Mum, it’s not that I don’t want to come home. | 哦 妈 不是我不想回家 |
[01:26] | I’d love a visit! | 我可想回去了 |
[01:27] | It’s just that I can’t! | 可是我回不去 |
[01:29] | He won’t let me. | 他不让我休假 |
[01:31] | Oh, you have no idea what Dr. Crane is like. | 噢 你可不知道Crane医生是什么样的人 |
[01:34] | Why, he’s an absolute beast | 怎么样 他就是个野兽 |
[01:36] | unpleasant to be around, a real tyrant! | 难以相处 就是一暴君 |
[01:42] | It’s just my mum. | 就是我妈 |
[01:43] | I’m trying to get out of a visit home. | 我就是想找个借口不用回家 |
[01:44] | Oh, I understand. | 哦 我明白 |
[01:48] | No, I’m not exaggerating! | 没有 我可没夸大其词 |
[01:50] | He treats me like a bloody slave! | 他简直把我当成奴隶了 |
[01:52] | Daphne! Where’s my dressing gown?! | Daphne 我的便服在哪儿呢 |
[01:57] | Not to mention how cheap he is! | 更别提他有多小气了 |
[01:59] | that better not be a long distance call | 你最好别在那儿打长途电话 |
[02:02] | yes, yeah | 可不是 |
[02:04] | He does sound a lot like Aunt Lillian. | 他听起来可像Lillian姨妈了 |
[02:09] | I got to run, Mum. | 我得挂了 妈 |
[02:11] | Love you, bye. | 爱你呦 拜拜 |
[02:12] | I’m sorry, you must think I’m a terrible daughter. | 真抱歉 你一定觉得我是个差劲的女儿吧 |
[02:15] | No, not at all. I think you’re a terrible liar, Daphne, | 不 我觉得你是个差劲的骗子 Daphne |
[02:17] | but a perfectly run-of-the-mill daughter. | 要说女儿嘛 还算中规中矩 |
[02:20] | It’s just that I only get one vacation a year, | 我一年只有一次假期 |
[02:22] | and I want to go somewhere fun, like Acapulco. | 我想出去玩 比如Acapulco那样的海边 |
[02:25] | Well, that makes sense. | 确实有道理 |
[02:27] | And going home is just so flipping boring. | 回家太没意思了 |
[02:29] | It’s always the same. | 每次都一样 |
[02:31] | There’s a wonderful reunion at the airport, | 在机场激动人心的重逢 |
[02:34] | and we share all our news on the way home in the car. | 在回家的车上大家聊生活聊八卦 |
[02:37] | And by the time I’ve dropped off my suitcase, | 等到家放下箱子的时候 |
[02:39] | we’ve exhausted all conversation, | 所有的话都聊完了 |
[02:42] | and that’s when I realize | 这时候我才意识到 |
[02:43] | I’ve got a whole week with nothing to look forward to | 我还有一整周毫无盼头的假期 |
[02:47] | but Dad telling the story of how he once shared a cigar | 除了听老爸讲 他在战时黑灯瞎火的时候 |
[02:50] | with Winston Churchill during the blackouts? | 跟丘吉尔分享了一根香烟的故事 |
[02:53] | He thinks! | 他觉得那就是丘吉尔 |
[02:55] | Well, it sounds like an easy decision, Daphne? | 听上去很好选呀 Daphne |
[02:57] | Hasta luego. | 在海边好好玩 回见 |
[03:00] | Oh, Dr. Crane, why is it so easy to love our families, | 哦 Crane医生 为什么和家人相爱容易 |
[03:05] | yet so hard to like them? | 但相处难呢 |
[03:07] | Well, Daphne, that is one of those questions | Daphne 就是这种问题 |
[03:09] | that make life so rich… | 让生活如此多彩 |
[03:12] | and psychiatrists richer. | 让心理医生如此多财呀 |
[03:16] | Yeah, well, maybe I’ll just go call a travel agent, | 唉 我看我还是跟旅行社打电话去吧 |
[03:19] | see which guilt trip is more expensive. | 看看去哪边活受罪比较贵 |
[03:28] | Good afternoon, Seattle. | 下午好 西雅图 |
[03:30] | My name is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[03:34] | If you can feel, I can heal. | 你有痛苦 我来安抚 |
[03:38] | Fasten your seat belt, Eddie. | 系好安全带 Eddie |
[03:39] | It’s going to be a bumpy ride. | 这段回忆可是充满曲折呀 |
[03:43] | 1993年5月21日 下午1点57分 | |
[04:33] | Hello. | 您好 |
[04:34] | You’re on the air with Dr. Frasier Crane. | 您现在收听的是Frasier Crane医生的节目 |
[04:38] | “Put your head in my hands.” | 请把你的头 交予我的手 |
[05:02] | “Little owlet in the glen, | “坡上有只大老虎” |
[05:03] | I am ashamed of you, | “坡下有只小灰兔” |
[05:05] | You are ungrammatical in speaking as you do, | “老虎饿肚肚 想吃灰兔兔” |
[05:06] | You should say, ‘to whom, to whom,’ not ‘to who, to who.’ | “虎追兔 兔躲虎 老虎满坡追灰兔” |
[05:09] | Your little friend, Miss Katydid, may be green, ’tis true, | “兔钻窝 虎扑兔 刺儿扎痛虎屁股” |
[05:11] | But you never heard her say | “气坏了虎 乐坏了兔” |
[05:13] | Who the hell are you? | 你是哪只母老虎 |
[05:15] | I’m Roz Doyle, your new producer. | 我是Roz Doyle 你的新制作人 |
[05:17] | – What? Producer? – Dr. Crane, I presume? | – 什么 制作人 – 你是Crane医生吧 |
[05:18] | Yes, yes, but, uh, where’s Dave? | 是的 但是Dave哪儿去了 |
[05:20] | Uh, he got another assignment. | 哦 他被分到别的节目了 |
[05:21] | But I was comfortable with Dave. | 但是我和Dave合作得很愉快 |
[05:24] | Look, Dr. Crane, I know you’ve been thrown a curve, | 听着 Crane医生 我知道你感觉被摆了一道 |
[05:26] | but everything’s gonna be fine. | 但咱们合作也没问题呀 |
[05:28] | But I did a mock show with Dave. | 但是我是跟Dave做模拟直播的 |
[05:29] | I did mock-call-in’s, | 我们做了模拟来电 |
[05:30] | mock commercials, mock news bulletins! | 模拟广告 模拟新闻简报 |
[05:32] | Look, I got a bulletin for you: | 我倒有条新闻简报 |
[05:34] | Dave’s out, I’m in, | Dave不在了 我替他 |
[05:35] | and stop saying “Mock.” | 别再说什么模拟了 |
[05:38] | All right, look, Miss Doyle, | 好吧 Doyle小姐 |
[05:39] | I’m sure you’re quite capable, | 我相信你一定能力突出 |
[05:41] | but Dave has fifteen years of experience. | 但是Dave有十五年的经验 |
[05:42] | I’d really prefer that he do it. | 我真的更想跟他合作 |
[05:44] | Well, that would make two of us then, wouldn’t it? | 我也很想叫他来呀 |
[05:47] | I really think I should call management | 我觉得我得和主管打电话 |
[05:50] | and ask for Dave, | 要求让Dave来吧 |
[05:51] | it’s not really fair to Dave or to me. | 这对我或者Dave都不公平 |
[05:54] | Dr. Crane, Dave dumped you. | Crane医生 Dave把你甩了 |
[05:58] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:06] | We were here until 2 A.M. This morning, | 我们在这儿一起待到凌晨2点呢 |
[06:08] | as I explained to Dave in meticulous detail my philosophy of | 我给Dave细致入微地解释我对 |
[06:11] | optimal mental health! | 最佳心理健康的理解 |
[06:13] | It’s a mystery, all right. | 真让人费解呢 呵呵 |
[06:16] | O.K., look, I’m going to screen a few calls, and | 好吧 我先筛选打进来的电话 |
[06:18] | No! No, no, as I explained to Dave before, | 别 别别 我已经跟Dave解释过了 |
[06:20] | there will be no call-screening. | 不要筛选电话 |
[06:21] | You see, I want my show to be fresh and spontaneous, | 你看 我想让自己的节目清新自然 |
[06:23] | and call screening squelches all of that. | 一筛选电话就假了 |
[06:25] | And the mystery of Dave’s departure deepens. | 更让人费解Dave怎么会离你而去呢 |
[06:29] | OK, you’re on in five seconds, | 好了 五秒钟后开始节目 |
[06:30] | I’ll give you a cue. | 我会提示你的 |
[06:44] | Good afternoon, Seattle. | 下午好 西雅图 |
[06:48] | My name is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[06:52] | “If you can feel, I can heal.” | 你有痛苦 我来安抚 |
[07:02] | Let’s see who’s on line one! | 来听听一号热线的听众吧 |
[07:04] | Hello, this is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 您好 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[07:06] | “You’re on the couch.” | 您坐在沙发上了 |
[07:09] | No, I’m not. | 我没有呀 |
[07:11] | Well, I meant on the metaphorical couch. | 好吧 我就是打个比方 |
[07:14] | I’m in a beanbag chair, O.K.? | 我坐的是豆袋椅好吧 |
[07:18] | Uh, moving on then, um, | 您接着说 |
[07:21] | how can I help you? | 我有什么能帮您的吗 |
[07:23] | It’s about my husband… | 这事有关我丈夫 |
[07:24] | Look, I-I just can’t do this, | 唉 我说不下去 |
[07:26] | it’s really too embarrassing for me. | 太难为情了 |
[07:27] | No, no, please, please, dear friend, | 不 不 请继续 亲 |
[07:29] | you must – I’m really here to help you. | 你一定 我可以帮助你 |
[07:31] | Please, go ahead. | 请继续 |
[07:46] | …I’ve tried, and I’ve tried, | 我试了又试 |
[07:47] | and I just don’t know what to do about this! | 就是不知道怎么办才好 |
[07:51] | Well, you know, often in these cases, | 是这样的 大部分情况下 |
[07:53] | it helps if you restate your problem. | 重复一遍问题会有所帮助 |
[07:55] | But this time, try boiling it down to one succinct sentence. | 但是这次 您试着一句话概括一下 |
[07:59] | Now, how would you do that? | 能简短地说一下吗 |
[08:01] | My husband is dead! | 我丈夫去世了 |
[08:05] | Well, perhaps we should go back to the wordy version. | 这个 也许您还是详细说一说吧 |
[08:11] | Uh, we’ll be right back after these important messages. | 呃 重要新闻快报之后 我们马上回来 |
[08:16] | Of course I could do a gardening show. | 我绝对能做园艺节目 |
[08:18] | If I can grow plants in my dorm room closet, | 我都能在宿舍的衣柜里种花种草 |
[08:21] | I must know a thing or two about horticulture? | 当然对园艺学十分了解 |
[08:25] | – Are you trying to get transferred? – Bye! | – 你是要跳去别的节目吗 – 回见 |
[08:29] | Look, Dr. Crane, I got to be honest with you here. | Crane医生 我还是跟您说实话吧 |
[08:32] | It’s just that I-I think psychiatry is, just, uh, | 我 我就是觉得 心理学 |
[08:36] | sort of – kind of… bull! | 就是 是 胡扯 |
[08:40] | Oh, well, this is a match made in heaven then, isn’t it?! | 哦 咱俩可真是天造地设的搭档呀 |
[08:42] | Oh, don’t be offended. | 你别生气嘛 |
[08:43] | “Don’t be offended.” | “别生气” |
[08:44] | Why should I be offended? | 我干嘛要生气 |
[08:45] | In the last week, I’ve uprooted myself from my home of 15 years, | 就在上周 我离开了生活十五年的城市 |
[08:47] | moved all the way across the country | 横跨美国搬到这里 |
[08:49] | away from everything i care about, | 放下了我珍惜的一切 |
[08:50] | and plunged myself into a frightening new career! | 跳槽到这个一无所知的新领域 |
[08:53] | The first few nerve-wracking moments, | 刚出了点伤脑筋的问题 |
[08:55] | I walk in here and find my producer | 我走进导播间就发现我的制作人 |
[08:56] | lobbying to get herself transferred to another show! | 大费口舌要跳到别的节目去 |
[08:59] | Abe Lincoln had a brighter future | 林肯在进福特剧院的时候 |
[09:01] | when he picked up his tickets at the box office! | 都比我前途光明 |
[09:16] | 1993年5月21日 下午5点13分 | |
[09:20] | OK, you got to make the caller get to the point, | 好的 你得让打进来的人说到点子上 |
[09:22] | and then for God’s sake, so should you. | 看在老天的份上 你也别说废话 |
[09:25] | Duly noted. | 知道了 |
[09:27] | OK. Number twenty-four… | 好 第二十四条注意点 |
[09:31] | You know what, you’re starting to glaze. | 知道吗 你都目光呆滞了 |
[09:34] | We can go through the rest of this tomorrow. | 剩下的咱们明天再过吧 |
[09:36] | – See you, Frasier. – Bye, Roz. | – 明天见 Frasier – 拜拜 Roz |
[09:41] | – Oh, excuse me. – Well, excuse you. | – 哦 不好意思 – 恕你无罪 |
[09:45] | Oh, Niles! | 哦 Niles |
[09:47] | Oh, Frasier! | 哦 Frasier |
[09:48] | What a serendipitous event. | 真是个意外之喜呀 |
[09:49] | How did you discover my favorite coffee bar? | 你怎么找到我最心爱的咖啡馆的 |
[09:51] | Well, the radio station’s right across the street. | 嗯 电台就在对面 |
[09:53] | I did my first show today. | 我今天来录第一期节目 |
[09:55] | Yes, you did, didn’t you? | 可不就是嘛 |
[09:57] | Well… | 那么 |
[09:58] | good to see you, have a nice day! | 见到你很高兴 再见 |
[10:04] | Niles, aren’t you going to join me? | Niles 你不跟我一起坐坐吗 |
[10:06] | Oh, well, I would, but I have a routine. | 呃 我也想 但我已经养成习惯了 |
[10:10] | I come in every day, order coffee | 我每天都来 点一杯咖啡 |
[10:11] | and spend some quality time… | 享受一段美好时光 |
[10:13] | with myself, you understand. | 独自一人 你懂的 |
[10:16] | Niles, I’ve seen you once in the last two years. | Niles 我过去两年只见了你一面 |
[10:21] | Oh, that is your point. | 哦 这就说完了 |
[10:24] | Well… very well, | 好吧 很有道理 |
[10:25] | in the spirit of blood being thicker than water, | 既然血浓于水 |
[10:27] | why don’t we? | 咱就一起吧 |
[10:39] | I remember your fourth birthday party. | 我记得你四岁生日的时候 |
[10:41] | Grandmother took us to the park to ride the carousel, | 姥姥带咱们去公园坐旋转木马 |
[10:45] | and made all those little children wait while you | 她让所有的小孩在一边等着 直到你 |
[10:48] | wiped off your painted pony. | 把自己骑的小木马擦干净 |
[10:51] | I was wearing Bermuda shorts | 我那天穿的是百慕大短裤 |
[10:52] | and that saddle was slick with toddler sweat. | 而且那个马鞍上沾满了小孩的臭汗 |
[11:02] | Oh, uh, thanks again for dinner the other night with Maris. | 哦 对了 谢谢你和Maris那天请我吃饭 |
[11:08] | You two seem very happy. | 你俩很幸福 |
[11:10] | Oh yes, it’s love. | 可不是 我俩可是真爱 |
[11:11] | Like the Arctic Puffin, we’ve mated for life. | 就像北极海鹦一样 我俩会厮守一生 |
[11:17] | Honestly, I can’t imagine even looking at another woman. | 老实说 我连看其他女人的兴致都没有 |
[11:20] | Excuse me, sir, | 打扰了 先生 |
[11:21] | – have you finished with that sugar? Oh yes of course | – 你用完糖罐了吗 – 您请便 |
[11:31] | You ready to order? | 可以点单了吗 |
[11:32] | Uh, yes. Double decaf non-fat latte, | 是的 双倍脱咖啡因脱脂拿铁咖啡 |
[11:34] | mmm… medium foam, | 嗯 泡沫适中 |
[11:36] | dusted with just the faintest whisper of cinnamon. | 再撒上一小撮如轻轻私语般的肉桂粉 |
[11:40] | I’ll have a black coffee. | 我要黑咖啡 |
[11:44] | You’ll have to forgive my brother. | 请你多多保函我哥哥 |
[11:45] | He just came in on the noon stage. | 他还处在草草吃午饭的节奏 |
[11:50] | I hope I never see the day when I am so frightfully pretentious | 但愿我不会变得这么矫情 |
[11:54] | that a good-old cup of American coffee isn’t good enough for me. | 连一杯传统美味的美式咖啡都看不上眼了 |
[12:03] | So, how’d your visit with Dad go? | 你跟老爸的会面还愉快吗 |
[12:07] | I haven’t been to see him yet. | 我还没去见他呢 |
[12:09] | Really? You’ve been in town a whole week. | 真的 你都来了一星期了 |
[12:11] | Well, I’ve been very busy, | 我一直很忙呀 |
[12:13] | what with settling into the new apartment, unpacking… | 忙着安置新家 收拾 |
[12:15] | Frasier, you’re obviously making excuses. | Frasier 别找借口了 |
[12:17] | I’m going over tonight for my weekly visit, | 我今晚就去看老爸 一周一次 |
[12:18] | why don’t you come along? | 你也来吧 |
[12:21] | Geez, I know I should, Niles. | 天 我知道我应该去 Niles |
[12:23] | But I’m really in such a vulnerable state right now. | 但我现在精神十分脆弱 |
[12:25] | The last thing I need is | 实在不想 |
[12:25] | Seattle’s reigning sourpuss taking potshots at me. | 让全西雅图第一臭脸炮轰我 |
[12:29] | – Is that what you’re worried about? – Yes! | – 原来你担心的是这个 – 可不就是 |
[12:32] | Well, you have been out of touch. | 你真是太久没联系他了 |
[12:34] | Our father’s a changed man. | 老爸早就变了 |
[12:35] | Ever since he was shot, he’s softened, | 自从中了枪 他和蔼多了 |
[12:38] | with a whole new zest for life! | 对生活有了新态度 |
[12:40] | Niles, I visited him in the hospital. | NIles 他住院的时候我去探望了 |
[12:41] | He made his roommate cry, and the man was in a coma. | 他把室友弄哭了 而且对方当时还昏迷着 |
[12:46] | Dad was still in shock. | 那时候他受了惊 |
[12:47] | The change came after. | 后来才有所改变 |
[12:49] | As a psychiatrist surely you’ve seen this? | 作为心理医生 你肯定见过这种情况吧 |
[12:50] | A patient has a brush with death | 病人在与死神擦肩而过后 |
[12:52] | and rediscovers his love of life. | 重拾对生活的热爱 |
[12:56] | the laughs we’ve had when I’m over there. | 我每次去都被老爸逗死了 |
[12:58] | I sometimes wonder if that bullet didn’t crease his funny bone. | 我怀疑子弹打通了他的幽默(尺骨)神经 |
[13:03] | Oh… thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[13:06] | Can you believe the incompetence of that man? | 这人也太没用了 |
[13:08] | I very clearly asked for a whisper of cinnamon, | 我明明要的是一小撮如私语般的肉桂 |
[13:10] | he’s given me a full-throated shout! | 他撒的这量 简直是嚎一嗓子 |
[13:14] | There are countries in this world | 要是在有些国家 |
[13:15] | where they would lop off his sprinkling hand! | 他接下来就得被砍手了 |
[13:23] | You know, I’d forgotten what a weird little person you are. | 我都忘了你是个什么样的小怪兽了 |
[13:32] | Dad is going to be positively giddy | 老爸肯定得乐晕了 |
[13:34] | when he sees that he’s got the both of us tonight. | 今晚能一下子见到咱们俩个 |
[13:38] | Who is it? | 谁呀 |
[13:39] | Niles, and a special guest! | Niles 还有一位神秘嘉宾 |
[13:41] | Oh, jeez… | 哦 苍天呐 |
[13:45] | all right, hold your horses. | 别猴急 就来了 |
[13:47] | How does he come up with those? | 他哪儿学来的 |
[13:50] | Look, Dad, it’s Frasier! | 看呀 老爸 Frasier来了 |
[13:52] | Well, I can see that. | 我看得见 |
[13:53] | That punk didn’t shoot out my eyeball. | 那死无赖又没把我打瞎 |
[13:55] | Stop it! | 又来了 |
[13:59] | He sees the humor in everything. | 什么事一到他嘴里就成相声了 |
[14:02] | – Frasier, come on in. – Thanks, Dad. | – Frasier 进来吧 – 谢谢 老爸 |
[14:10] | So, big game? | 有重大赛事吗 |
[14:11] | Nah, they’re losing again. Pitcher’s a bum. | 没什么 他们又输了 投手不给力 |
[14:13] | He’s a bum, he’s an absolute hobo! | 嗯 不给力 他简直是个流浪汉 |
[14:20] | Isn’t that right, Skipper? | 是不是 船长 |
[14:23] | Niles, are you drunk? | Niles 你喝醉了吗 |
[14:26] | Don’t be ridiculous! | 别开玩笑了 |
[14:27] | Seeing the three of us back together again in the same room | 能看到咱爷仨重聚一堂 |
[14:30] | who needs alcohol for that? | 谁还需要酒精的麻醉 |
[14:31] | – I do. – I do. | – 我要 – 我也要 |
[14:34] | – I’ll get you a beer. – Thanks, Dad. | – 我给你拿罐啤酒 – 谢谢 老爸 |
[14:41] | You filthy liar! | 你个卑鄙的骗子 |
[14:42] | You said he’d changed! | 你不是说他变了吗 |
[14:44] | Well, it got you here, didn’t it? | 要不这么说 你能来吗 |
[14:46] | I’ve been dealing with him all by myself ever since Mom died. | 自从妈过世以后 我就独自应付他 |
[14:49] | Now it’s your turn, so welcome home, prodigal son! | 现在轮到你了 欢迎回家 回头的浪子 |
[14:53] | You guys want some pork rinds? | 你们要吃炸猪皮吗 |
[14:55] | And that’s as close as you’re going to get to a fatted calf. | 这基本上是上宾的待遇了 |
[15:00] | No, thanks, Dad. | 不用了 老爸 |
[15:03] | Oh, will you stop staring at me? | 哦 你别死盯着我行不行 |
[15:06] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[15:07] | Ah, well, I understand completely, Frasier. | 哦 我完全理解 Frasier |
[15:09] | Dad, Frasier was just saying | 老爸 Frasier刚刚跟我说 |
[15:10] | that he’d like to spend some quality time with you alone, | 他想单独跟你好好叙叙旧 |
[15:12] | so I’m just going to slip out. | 那我就走了 |
[15:13] | – All right, suit yourself. – All right… | – 行 你自便吧 – 好的 |
[15:16] | oh, you haven’t met Eddie. | 哦 你还不认识Eddie吧 |
[15:19] | Eddie? | Eddie呀 |
[15:23] | Frasier is the firstborn. | Frasier是长子 |
[15:30] | The torch has been passed. | 火炬交接完毕 |
[15:39] | So… How was your flight? | 嗯 坐的航班还顺利吗 |
[15:44] | Oh, actually, I drove. | 我其实是开车来的 |
[15:53] | You take the I-Ninety? | 你走的九十号高速路吗 |
[15:56] | Uh, Eighty. | 八十号 |
[15:58] | Should have taken Ninety, it would have got you here faster. | 应该走九十号 更快一些 |
[16:02] | Darn. | 接旨 |
[16:09] | So, Dad, did you listen to my show today? | 老爸 你今天听我的节目了吗 |
[16:12] | No, I missed it. Sorry. | 没 我错过了 抱歉 |
[16:15] | That’s all right. | 没事 |
[16:16] | – How’d it go? – Well, uh, kind of rocky. | – 怎么样 – 不太顺 |
[16:21] | Spent a good part of the day puzzling over | 今天大部分时间 我都在苦苦思索 |
[16:23] | the proper signature line to use to introduce myself. | 一句招牌式的台词 来打出名号 |
[16:27] | Well, I’m sure you’ll come up with something. | 你肯定能想到句好的 |
[16:28] | Well, you know, I’m looking for something that’s familiar | 你懂的 我想找句大家熟悉 |
[16:30] | but not a clich you know, | 但不俗烂的 |
[16:31] | something that’s memorable but not too gimmicky… | 能让大家一听就记住 但不能太花哨 |
[16:35] | You know, it doesn’t really matter if it’s got something | 其实我不在乎是不是 |
[16:38] | Dad, please, | 老爸 拜托 |
[16:40] | I’m trying to have a conversation, it’s hard with the TV on. | 我正在跟你说话呢 开着电视不太好吧 |
[16:42] | Well, I just want to get the score, O.K.? | 我就是想看看比分好吧 |
[16:44] | I’m trying to describe to you my dilemna with that phrase | 我正跟你说我今天遇到的难题呢 |
[16:48] | All right, fine, I’m listening. | 行 行 我在听 |
[16:49] | Are you happy? I’m listening. | 行了吧 我在听 |
[16:51] | That’s it! “I’m listening!” that’s fabulous! | 有了 “我在听” 太妙啦 |
[16:53] | Have you got a pencil somewhere? | 你这儿有铅笔吗 |
[16:54] | Yeah, there’s one in the kitchen on the table. | 有 在厨房的桌子上 |
[16:58] | “I’m listening.” Dad – oh, I love that! | “我在听” 老爸 我大爱呀 |
[17:02] | Uh, look, I hate to cut this short, | 那个 我也不想打断你 |
[17:04] | but I told some guys i’d meet ’em down at Duke’s. | 但是我跟别人约好了在公爵酒吧见面 |
[17:08] | – You’re leaving? – Yeah. | – 你要出门了 – 是啊 |
[17:09] | Whenever you’re ready, I’ll walk you out. | 你要是好了 我送你出去 |
[17:11] | Dad, I haven’t seen you in two years, | 老爸 我两年没见你了 |
[17:13] | I stopped by and you’re leaving in ten minutes? | 好不容易来一次 不到十分钟你就要出门 |
[17:16] | Oh, why don’t we stop kidding ourselves? | 咱们都别装了吧 |
[17:18] | You don’t really want to be here, | 你也不想来的 |
[17:19] | and we don’t really have anything to talk about. | 我们根本没什么可说的 |
[17:23] | At least I’m making the effort. | 可是我在努力呀 |
[17:25] | Oh, yeah ?It’s an effort to talk to me, huh? | 对哦 跟我聊聊天还得努力 |
[17:28] | Well, I guess that’s why you | 难怪你每年只在 |
[17:29] | only bother coming home once a year at Christmas. | 圣诞节的时候回来一次 |
[17:32] | Oh no, wait! Sorry, I take that back. | 对了 抱歉 我收回那句话 |
[17:34] | Last year you went to Arugalah, wherever the hell that is. | 去年你去了Arugalah 谁知道什么鬼地方 |
[17:40] | Dad, you know you’re painting an awfully bleak picture here. | 老爸 你这么说就伤感情了 |
[17:42] | Ever since I moved to Boston, | 自从我搬到波士顿 |
[17:43] | I’ve come home at least three or four times a year. | 我每年至少回来三四次 |
[17:45] | It’s just lately things got a little hectic, | 只是最近又忙又乱 |
[17:48] | and I haven’t been able to come home as often. | 我没能经常回来 |
[17:49] | Yeah… I noticed how busy you got after your mother died. | 嗯 我也知道你妈走后 你就忙得不可开交 |
[17:58] | But, what the hell, I didn’t go | 但是 见鬼的 我也没有 |
[17:59] | visit you in Boston either, did I? | 去波士顿看你 对不 |
[18:02] | So, uh, why don’t we just drop this? | 咱们还是算了吧 |
[18:07] | No. | 不 |
[18:09] | The point is that we’re here now, | 重要的是我们现在都在这儿 |
[18:12] | together. | 重聚了 |
[18:14] | I don’t want this night to end | 今晚我不会就此放弃 |
[18:16] | before we’ve at least tried to have one real conversation. | 我们至少得试着好好说说话 |
[18:22] | Will you at least try, Dad? | 你至少试一试吧 老爸 |
[18:22] | Will you just sit down with me for a while and let’s try, please? | 你就坐下来 我们试一试好吗 求你了 |
[18:55] | So, uh, | 那个 |
[18:57] | you know, I… | 说来好笑 我 我 |
[19:00] | I’d forgotten how much it really does rain here. | 我都忘了这边有多爱下雨了 |
[19:05] | You get used to it. | 你会习惯的 |
[19:10] | – Makes things green. – Yeah… | – 润物细无声 – 是呀 |
[19:13] | where would the old earth be without rain? | 没雨这世界得脏成啥样儿 |
[19:44] | My darling, | 我的心肝 |
[19:45] | I would have thought that old fascination would wear off by now. | 我还以为你对我的执着已经逐渐消失了 |
[19:55] | Well, hello, there! | 我们回来了 |
[19:56] | – Hey! – Oh, hey, guys. | – 嘿 – 哦 回来啦 |
[19:57] | Frasier, Dad tells me you’ve been on the air three years today, | Frasier 老爸说今天你节目开播三周年 |
[20:00] | so we’d like to take you out for a celebratory dinner. | 我们想带你出去庆祝一下 |
[20:03] | Well, thank you. Dad, how did you know? | 谢谢 老爸 你怎么知道的 |
[20:05] | Well, I heard that woman who called in. | 你节目里的患者说的 |
[20:08] | You listened to my show? | 你在听我的节目 |
[20:10] | Well, I sort of… | 额 我算是 |
[20:12] | I feel asleep during the Mariners’ game… | 我在听Mariner的节目的时候睡着了 |
[20:15] | but when I woke up, you were on. | 等我醒过来 你的节目已经开始了 |
[20:17] | And you didn’t turn me off. | 你接着听下去了 |
[20:18] | I did not! | 是的 |
[20:21] | I listened to you for ten minutes | 我听了大概十分钟吧 |
[20:22] | before I finally dozed off again. | 然后就又盹着了 |
[20:26] | Faint praise, and yet it thunders in my ears! | 几不可闻的称赞 在我听来却如雷贯耳 |
[20:29] | – Dr. Crane. – Hello, Daphne. | – Crane医生 – 你好 Daphne |
[20:31] | Hey, Daphne, we’re going out to dinner. You want to join us? | Daphne 我们要出去吃饭 你也来吧 |
[20:33] | Oh, thanks, but no. | 谢谢 但我不去了 |
[20:35] | I promised myself that tonight | 我下定决心今晚 |
[20:36] | I’d decide what I’m doing on my vacation | 一定要决定去哪儿度假 |
[20:38] | either home to the family or to sunny Acapulco. | 是去回家探亲还是去海边度假 |
[20:41] | I may just squeeze into my bikini | 我还是试试我的比基尼 |
[20:43] | and let my hips make the decision. | 看看屁股那儿合不合身再决定吧 |
[20:51] | Of course, it would be more memorable if we celebrated at home, | 当然了 在家庆祝 一定更加难忘 |
[20:52] | – just for a? – Let’s go, let’s go! | – 但是这次 – 走啦 走啦 |
[20:56] | Have a lovely time! | 好好玩 |
[20:58] | – Oh, fellas, hold the elevator for me. – All right. | – 哦 你们先去等电梯吧 – 好吧 |
[21:00] | Daphne, uh, | Daphne 那个 |
[21:02] | I was just thinking about our discussion earlier this afternoon, | 我一直在想咱们下午的讨论 |
[21:05] | and I’ve decided to give you an extra week off. | 我决定额外再给你放一周假 |
[21:09] | That way you can go to Manchester, and Acapulco. | 这样你既能回曼彻斯特 又能去海边了 |
[21:12] | Oh, that’s so sweet! | 你人太好了 |
[21:15] | You really must think I should go home. | 你还是觉得我得回趟家吧 |
[21:18] | Well, I’ve just realized that | 我刚刚意识到 |
[21:21] | being part of a family is really worth the effort. | 作为家的一份子值得你去付出 |
[21:27] | And very often the effort… | 而且这样的付出 |
[21:30] | means you’ll need a week in Acapulco, so… | 让你得去海边放松一周 |
[21:38] | – Thank you, Dr. Crane. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 Crane医生 – 不客气 |
[21:42] | You know, if I try a little harder, it won’t be so bad. | 我觉得要是我努把力 事情会不一样的 |
[21:46] | Well, that’s a good way of thinking. | 这样想就对了 |
[21:49] | You know, things… things can get better. | 你懂的 一切都会好起来的 |
[21:52] | Hey, let’s go! | 快点儿呀 |
[21:53] | I got acid burning a hole in my stomach! | 我饿得胃酸都要烧穿胃了 |
[22:00] | Still… would you mind | 还有 你能不能 |
[22:04] | leaving those brochures of Acapulco out for me? | 把去海边的旅游宣传册留给我 |
[22:11] | 美国女演员 第五集声音客串听众Marilyn | |
[22:13] | 美国女演员 第十七集声音客串听众Lydia | |
[22:14] | 美国已故男演员 第十七集声音客串听众Chris | |
[22:15] | 美国男演员 第一集声音客串听众Mark | |
[22:16] | 美国女演员 第二集声音客串听众Jill | |
[22:18] | 美国已故女演员 舞蹈家 第七集声音客串听众Polly | |
[22:19] | 美国男演员 编剧 制片人 导演 第四集声音客串听众Jack | |
[22:20] | 美国女演员 代表作<侏罗纪公园> 第六集声音客串听众June | |
[22:22] | 美国男演员 代表作 |
|
[22:23] | 美国女演员 代表作<星球大战> 第一集声音客串听众Phyllis | |
[22:24] | 美国女演员 代表作<沉默的羔羊> 第十三集声音客串听众Marlene | |
[22:26] | Nancy | 美国女演员 第一集声音客串听众 |
[22:27] | 英国喜剧演员 作家 歌手 第十七集声音客串 听众Chuck | |
[22:28] | 美国女演员 第二十四集声音客串听众Angela | |
[22:29] | 美国男演员 第九集客串Bob | |
[22:31] | 美国女演员 歌手 第三集声音客串听众Eileen | |
[22:32] | 美国作家 成名作<城市故事> 第十一集声音客串听众Gerard | |
[22:33] | 美国已故编剧 导演 男演员 第八集声音客串听众Vinnie | |
[22:34] | 美国已故男演员 歌手 代表作<法律与秩序> 第十七集声音客串听众Mitch | |
[22:36] | 美国女演员 歌手 代表作<美女上错身> 第十五集声音客串听众Brandy |