时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hey, how are you doing, Doc? The usual? | 你好啊 医生 来杯你的惯例吗 |
[00:11] | Please. | 是的谢谢 |
[00:12] | I’ll have my usual too. | 我也来杯惯例 |
[00:14] | And that would be…? | 您的惯例是 |
[00:16] | Ah! Come on, I come in every day. You must remember. | 得了吧你 我每天都来 你肯定记得 |
[00:19] | My usual is… | 我的惯例是 |
[00:21] | a half-caf… | 一杯半咖啡因的 |
[00:24] | cappuccino… | 卡布奇诺 |
[00:27] | with a light dusting of… | 撒上一点点 |
[00:28] | – Nutmeg. – Cinnamon. | – 豆寇粉 – 肉桂粉 |
[00:31] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[00:33] | – God, that’s infuriating. – Oh? | – 天哪 太气人了 – 噢 |
[00:35] | Well, I come in here every bit as often as you do. | 我跟你一样常来这里 |
[00:37] | Don’t take it to heart, Niles. | Niles 别往心里去 |
[00:38] | This person just happens to remember me best. | 正好这个人记住我了而已 |
[00:40] | the next person might just as easily… | 也许下个人就 |
[00:41] | Oh, my God, you’re Frasier Crane! | 天哪 你是Frasier Crane |
[00:45] | Could I bother you for an autograph? | 能劳烦你给我签个名吗 |
[00:46] | No, you can’t. It’s never a bother. | 不行 因为这根本就不麻烦 |
[00:49] | – I love your show. – Oh, thank you. | – 我喜欢你的节目 – 谢谢 |
[00:51] | I just think you’re like the smartest guy on the face of the earth. | 我觉得你大概是地球上最聪明的男人了 |
[00:54] | Well, one does hear tales of a certain wise man in Tibet, | 倒是听说西藏有位智者 |
[00:57] | but why split hairs? | 不过何必那么计较呢 |
[00:58] | – There you are. – Thanks. | – 签好了 – 谢谢 |
[01:01] | Where was I? | 我说到哪儿了 |
[01:02] | You were last seen hiking up Mount Ego. | 你刚刚在登自负之山 |
[01:07] | Shut up already! You’ve been yakking about this all morning. | 快别说了 你整个早上都在唠叨这个 |
[01:10] | Well, it’s a stupid rule | 这就是条愚蠢的规定 |
[01:11] | and it’s always we foreigners that suffer for it. | 总是让我们外国人受苦 |
[01:13] | Began driving on the wrong side of the road today, did we? | 今天又开上对面车道了吗 |
[01:16] | No! | 没有 |
[01:18] | It’s about my friend, Xena… oh, you don’t want to hear about it. | 是我朋友Xena啦 算了 你们应该不想知道 |
[01:22] | Hey, Dad. | 嘿 老爸 |
[01:24] | – Xena, isn’t she the Greek woman? – Yeah. | – Xena 是那个希腊女人吗 – 是的 |
[01:25] | We’ve been planning a trip together. | 我们打算一起去旅行 |
[01:27] | You see, her mother’s taking a luxury cruise. | 正好她妈妈参加了个豪华旅行团 |
[01:29] | and her ship will be docked in Mazatlan for a week. | 她的船会在马萨特兰停一个礼拜 |
[01:31] | She invited us down to join her. | 她邀请我们去跟她一起玩 |
[01:33] | Only I can’t go because my bloody passport’s expired. | 但我不能去 因为我那该死的护照过期了 |
[01:36] | Still, don’t give up hope. | 别放弃希望 |
[01:37] | One way or another we’ll get you across that border. | 我们会想办法帮你过境的 |
[01:39] | If I have to, I’ll snuggle you under an old blanket. | 不得已的时候 我会用旧毯子紧抱你 |
[01:43] | Don’t you mean smuggle? | 你想说偷运吗 |
[01:45] | I’m using code language. You can’t be too careful. | 我用的是密码术语 别太较真 |
[01:49] | – There you go, Doc. – Thank you. | – 您的咖啡 医生 – 谢谢 |
[01:51] | Anything for you, Ma’am? | 女士 您需要什么吗 |
[01:52] | Oh, thanks. I’ve already ordered. | 谢谢 我点过了 |
[01:54] | Oh, I’m sorry. You had the… | 抱歉 您点的是 |
[01:56] | Absent-minded waiter, I’ll get it myself. | 你个健忘的服务生 我自己去拿 |
[02:03] | Oh, Roz called. She wanted me to remind you | 对了 Roz打电话来让我提醒你 |
[02:06] | about your meeting with the station manager. | 要跟你们台长碰头 |
[02:07] | Ah, yes, that. He probably wants to discuss my 1000th radio broadcast. | 啊 没错 他肯定是要讨论我的第一千期节目 |
[02:12] | It’s coming up next week. | 下周就是了 |
[02:13] | You’ve done a thousand shows? | 你已经做到一千期了 |
[02:14] | Yes. Yes. If I know the station manager, | 是啊 据我了解 |
[02:16] | he’ll want to mark the occasion | 他肯定想搞个什么华丽的庆祝会 |
[02:17] | with some sort of gaudy celebration: | 上上新闻啊 办办派对啊 |
[02:19] | press, parties and God knows what! | 大肆宣扬这件事情 |
[02:21] | No, I don’t really kind of go in for | 我可不喜欢 |
[02:23] | that sort of self-congratulatory hoopla! | 那种沾沾自喜的闹剧 |
[02:25] | The work is the thing for me. | 工作才是最重要的 |
[02:27] | But still, a thousand shows. | 但毕竟是一千期节目啊 |
[02:28] | – That’s quite an achievement. – Yeah, I suppose. | – 好了不起的成就呢 – 是吧 |
[02:31] | Who’d have thought? | 谁会想到呢 |
[02:31] | Not me, that’s for damn sure. | 这肯定是我预料之外的 |
[02:35] | Yeah, those first two weeks, Peeuw! Open a window! | 最早的那两星期 尿尿的话 记得拉开大前门 |
[02:38] | All right! | 行了行了 |
[02:43] | – Hey, morning, Roz. – Morning, Bulldog. | – 早啊 Roz – 早 Bulldog |
[02:45] | Oh, my gosh! Look what Frasier got for me. He’s so cute. | 天呀 看Frasier给我买了什么 真可爱 |
[02:52] | “Dear Roz, a huggy bear for the mom-to-be. | “亲爱的Roz 抱抱熊送给未来的妈妈 |
[02:55] | Love… Bulldog”? | 爱你的 Bulldog” |
[02:57] | I guess I shoulda known you’d think it was from Frasier. | 我该想到你会以为是Fraiser送的 |
[03:01] | – I’m so sorry, Bulldog. – No, no, it’s okay. | – 真对不起 Bulldog – 没事儿 没啥关系 |
[03:02] | I’m not the warmest guy in the world, | 我不是什么暖男 |
[03:04] | but when it comes to kids I get kinda, well, you know… | 但一想到孩子 我就会那个 你懂的 |
[03:07] | Oh, Bulldog, come here. | 噢 Bulldog 来抱抱 |
[03:10] | Come here. | 来嘛 |
[03:15] | Whoa, you’re gonna make a good mother, Roz. | 哇哦 Roz 你会是个好妈妈 |
[03:19] | Thank you, Bulldog. That’s so sweet. | 谢谢你 Bulldog 嘴真甜 |
[03:26] | Bulldog Bulldog? | |
[03:28] | Oh, get off me! | 快放开我 |
[03:29] | What? | 怎么 |
[03:31] | You just wanted to hug me because my breasts are getting bigger. | 你是因为我胸大才想抱我的 |
[03:33] | No, I was just trying to get close enough to feel a little kick. | 没有 我就想靠近点 感受宝宝的小踢腿 |
[03:37] | Get out! | 给我滚 |
[03:39] | Pervert! | 变态 |
[03:42] | Morning, Roz. I got you one of those little muffins that you love. | 早啊 Roz 给你带了你最喜欢的玛芬蛋糕 |
[03:45] | You’re not getting a hug! | 我不会给你拥抱的 |
[03:49] | Oh, I see those mood swings are leveled off nicely. | 好吧 看你的怒火有渐渐平息的样子 |
[03:52] | I’ll just run upstairs | 我就先去楼上 |
[03:53] | and have that little meeting with Greg in his office. | 和Greg开会了 |
[03:55] | Oh, wait, it’s been cancelled. | 等等 会议取消了 |
[03:56] | He wanted to talk to you about your 1000th show | 他想跟你谈谈第一千期节目 |
[03:58] | but I ran into him and I handled it. | 不过我正好碰到他 已经搞定了 |
[04:00] | All right, let me have it. | 好吧 告诉我 |
[04:03] | What kind of a circus am I in for? | 我得参加什么节目 |
[04:06] | I suppose a garish outdoor rally | 我猜是场花哨的户外见面会 |
[04:08] | like the one they gave for Bob and Nipsy over at KTLK? | 像上次KTLK电台给Bob和Nipsy办的那样 |
[04:11] | I told him just what you said, | 我就把你说的告诉他了 |
[04:13] | about how the work is its own reward. | 工作就是对自己做好的回报 |
[04:15] | So you’re off the hook. | 所以你解放了 |
[04:17] | – They’re not doing anything? – Nope. | – 他们什么都不准备办了吗 – 没错 |
[04:21] | Well, well done, Roz. That’s a relief. | 好吧 干得好 Roz 真是松了口气啊 |
[04:27] | Although… I… | 虽然 我 那个 |
[04:30] | not sure I’m being quite fair to you, you see. | 不确定是不是对你公平 |
[04:33] | I did hear that after that rally, | 我有听说那次见面会后 |
[04:34] | Bob and Nipsy’s ratings went up 30 percent. | Bob和Nipsy的收听率上升了30% |
[04:37] | The producer got a handsome raise. | 制作人也跟着涨薪了呢 |
[04:39] | – Oh, yeah. – And you, with the little one coming… | – 对哦 – 你的话 等这次一千期节目办好 |
[04:42] | – Well, it’s too late now. – Right. | – 啊呀 说什么都晚了 – 是啊 |
[04:45] | Can’t be helped. Best to just leave it alone. | 没办法了 只能就这样了 |
[04:48] | Still… | 不过 |
[04:50] | there is the benefit to the station. | 这对电台也有利啊 |
[04:52] | what’s good for KACL’s good for all of us, isn’t it? | 电台好 大家不就跟着好吗 |
[04:54] | Yeah, that’s true. | 那倒是的 |
[04:56] | Well, you know, I suppose you could just give Greg a call | 那你就给Greg打个电话 |
[04:58] | and tell him I’d be willing, well for your sake and the station’s, | 告诉他我很愿意 为了你 也为了电台 |
[05:00] | to submit to a small | 纡尊降贵参加一个小小的 |
[05:02] | tasteful… | 雅致的 |
[05:05] | low-key… | 低调的 |
[05:06] | public rally. | 大众见面会 |
[05:12] | I just want to renew my passport! | 我就想续一下我的护照 |
[05:15] | No, I’m a resident alien here from England. | 不 我是英国来的外籍居民 |
[05:18] | You know, the country that used to own you people? | 就是你们以前隶属的国家 知道吧 |
[05:22] | You’ll go right to the head of the line now! | 现在你越到更新护照的第一列了 |
[05:26] | I can’t wait two weeks! | 我等不了两个礼拜 |
[05:27] | My friend Xena’s flying down to meet her mum’s ship, Sunday. | 我朋友Xena要飞去她妈妈的船那里了 就这周日 |
[05:32] | Don’t you put me on hold again! I’ll hang up! I mean it! | 你敢再让我等候接听 我会挂断的 我说真的 |
[05:37] | I showed him! | 我证明给他看了 |
[05:41] | Well, it’s official. | 哇塞 尘埃落定了 |
[05:44] | My 1000th show is now an event. | 我的第一千期节目已经是个大事件了 |
[05:48] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[05:49] | Oh, nothing short of a media circus | 简直就跟在中心环 |
[05:51] | with you-know-who in the centre ring. | 举办那个谁的媒体见面会一样 |
[05:53] | They’re planning a promotional blitzkrieg, capped off by | 他们准备在太空针塔脚下来个宣传闪电战 |
[05:57] | a public rally in my honour at the foot of the Space Needle. | 办一场给我庆祝的大众见面会 |
[06:00] | Wow! That’s great! You must be thrilled. | 哇哦 真棒 你铁定很激动 |
[06:03] | Well, of course I’m flattered, | 我当然高兴了 |
[06:04] | I’m just a little bit embarrassed, dad. | 只是有点不好意思 爸爸 |
[06:06] | I’d be content with a pat on the back and an ice cream cake. | 其实拍拍我的肩 给我个冰激凌蛋糕我就很满足了 |
[06:11] | Oh, dad, they’ve asked if you might say a few words at the rally. | 对了 爸爸 他们问你能不能在见面会上说几句 |
[06:15] | You don’t have to, if it makes you nervous. | 如果你紧张的话也不必去 |
[06:17] | Oh, no problem. | 没问题啊 |
[06:18] | Yeah, I can’t tell ya how many retirement dinners I’ve spoken at. | 我都数不清在多少退休聚会上做过演讲了 |
[06:22] | I can just dig out my old joke book – | 我可以挖出我的老笑话集 |
[06:23] | “One ThousandAnd One Side-Splitters, Rib-Ticklers and Thigh-Slappers”. | “一千零一个冷笑话” |
[06:28] | I’m sure you’re a veritable chiropractor of mirth, but… | 你肯定是名副其实的笑话高手 不过 |
[06:32] | I think what they’re looking for | 他们应该是想让你 |
[06:33] | is something just a bit more personal. | 说点更带有私人感情的话 |
[06:37] | Hello. All right, Roz. Roz, slow down. | 你好 Roz Roz 慢点说 |
[06:42] | Oh, good Lord, the mayor? | 天哪 市长 |
[06:46] | Well, has “Frasier” fever swept all the way to city hall?! | Frasier热都一路吹到市政厅啦 |
[06:52] | Well! All right, Roz, I’ll… I’ll see you tomorrow. | 好 Roz 明天见 |
[06:56] | – The mayor’s going to be there? – Yes. And not just be there, | – 市长也要来 – 是啊 而且不止是到那儿 |
[07:00] | he’s going to present me with a key to the city, | 他还会送我一把西雅图形状的钥匙 |
[07:01] | after which he’s going to proclaim it “Frasier Crane Day” in Seattle! | 还要宣告这天是西雅图的”Frasier Crane节” |
[07:05] | Way to go, kid! | 好样的 小子 |
[07:07] | Oh, who can this be? | 这又会是谁 |
[07:11] | Some mechanic from the Vatican with my Pope Mobile? | 梵蒂冈的技师给我带来座驾吗 |
[07:16] | – Niles! – Frasier, dinner’s on me. | – Niles – Frasier 今天晚饭我请 |
[07:19] | I got some very good news today. | 今天我有个好消息 |
[07:21] | What a coincidence! Your brother just got some good news too! | 这么巧 你哥哥正好也有好消息呢 |
[07:23] | Not so good as mine, I suspect. But first of all, | 应该没有我的消息好 不过首先 |
[07:26] | I have to apologise for being so snippy this morning. | 我为今早的表现抱歉 |
[07:28] | I’ve been feeling a bit eclipsed lately, | 最近我一直有点黯然失色 |
[07:30] | but all that vanished when I reached my office, | 直到我今天走进办公室 |
[07:32] | and what was waiting on my desk, | 看到自尊之船 |
[07:33] | but a gift from the self-esteem ferry? | 送到我桌上来的礼物 |
[07:39] | “The American Journal of Psychiatry”? | “美国精神病学期刊” |
[07:43] | I refer you to the letters page, third one down. | 请看读者来信页 第三封 |
[07:47] | “Dear Sirs, Dr Egmont Sanderling’s | “先生们 Egmont Sanderling医生 |
[07:49] | recent article on Trichotillomania | 最近一篇拔毛癖的文章 |
[07:51] | contained several errors.” | 里面有些错误” |
[07:53] | “He would do well | “他如果读了下面这些学者的作品 |
[07:54] | to read the groundbreaking work on the subject published by, | 应该会好很多 |
[07:57] | among others, Dr. Alan Corville, | Alan Corville医生 |
[07:58] | Dr. Milo Lordestein…” | Milo Lordestein医生” |
[07:59] | Skip to the end. | 直接看最后 |
[08:03] | …Oh, “Dr. Geraldine Fennelly and Dr. Niles Crane.” | “Geraldine Fennelly医生和Niles Crane医生” |
[08:09] | Not too shabby, eh? | 不算太寒酸吧 |
[08:12] | That’s quite an accolade. | 真是件光荣的事 |
[08:13] | Yes, I had no idea you were such a well-known expert on the… | 是啊 我完全没想到你还是个 |
[08:18] | the thing that the letter mentioned. | 信上说的东西的知名专家呢 |
[08:21] | And the way they saved you for last so you stand out. | 他们把你留到最后也让你更突出了 |
[08:26] | Nothing to kick away the clouds | 没有什么能比 |
[08:28] | like a heady sip from the goblet of fame. | 一杯名声之酒更能吹散阴云了 |
[08:31] | Which reminds me, I told Jean Claude to | 对了 我让Jean Claude |
[08:33] | start my victory Martini-shaking at precisely eight o’clock. | 八点准时摇动我的胜利马提尼 |
[08:35] | Off we go, then! | 那赶紧走吧 |
[08:37] | Oh, wait, you had some news yourself. Do tell. | 对了 你也有好消息吧 说啊 |
[08:39] | Oh, well, let’s just wait for that Martini, shall we? | 那个 等喝了马提尼再说吧 |
[08:52] | Happy Frasier Crane Day. | Frasier Crane节快乐 |
[08:55] | Or is it Merry Frasier Crane Day? | 还是圣Frasier Crane诞节快乐 |
[08:56] | I can never remember. | 我一直记不住 |
[08:59] | Very amusing. | 很搞笑嘛 |
[09:01] | I’ll have a half-caf cappuccino. | 来杯半咖啡因的卡布奇诺 |
[09:03] | Sorry I’m late. I stopped halfway to | 抱歉来晚了 我半路停下来 |
[09:05] | listen to a jolly band of Frasier Crane Day carolers. | 听了圣Frasier Crane诞节唱诗班的歌 |
[09:12] | I tried to join in on “The Twelve Days of Frasier”, but… | 我还想一起唱”Frasier的十二日”呢 但是 |
[09:18] | forgot the words around day seven. How does it go again? | 我在第七天那里忘词了 是什么来着 |
[09:22] | I believe it’s “Seven snobs a-sniping.” | 应该是”七个讽刺人的势利小人” |
[09:26] | Well, you just snipe away. | 随便你怎么讽刺 |
[09:28] | I take your jealousy as the compliment that it is. | 我权当你的嫉妒是对我的赞美 |
[09:30] | Oh, now, if I indulge in a little affectionate joshing, | 哎呀 我只是一时沉迷于开这种温情玩笑啦 |
[09:32] | doesn’t mean I’m jealous. | 才不是嫉妒 |
[09:34] | I’m nothing but happy for you. | 我是真的替你高兴 |
[09:35] | Oh, thank you, Niles. | 谢谢 Niles |
[09:37] | You know, I’m just a touch skittish today. | 其实我今天有点烦躁 |
[09:39] | All this fuss over me. | 大事小事压得我喘不过气来 |
[09:41] | Oh, say, is it possible to get these two to go? | 那个 我能把这两杯带走吗 |
[09:44] | To go? We’re not due at the Space Needle for an hour. | 带走 我们一小时内要到太空针塔啊 |
[09:47] | Yes, well, I thought a walk might do us some good. | 我知道 我就是想着走走路会好点 |
[09:49] | Get a little exercise. | 稍微锻炼锻炼 |
[09:51] | Then maybe I can stroll away my jitters. | 也许还能驱散我的紧张 |
[09:53] | Oh, all right, I could use the fresh air. | 好吧 我也可以呼吸点新鲜空气 |
[09:54] | I’m feeling a tad sluggish. | 总感觉今天有点迟钝 |
[09:56] | – Oh, up late last night? – Oh, I’m afraid so. | – 怎么 昨天睡晚了 – 恐怕是的 |
[09:58] | As usual, I left it till the last minute to | 跟以前一样 我直到最后一刻 |
[10:00] | write all my Frasier Crane Day cards! | 才写好所有的Frasier节贺卡 |
[10:12] | What a lovely day! I’m so glad we decided to walk. | 天气真好 真高兴我们决定出来走走 |
[10:15] | I feel calmer already. | 我感觉平静多了 |
[10:17] | Hey, Doc! Way to go! | 嘿 医生 好样的 |
[10:18] | Oh, I’m listening. | 噢 我聆听着呢 |
[10:22] | I just hope Dad doesn’t get too nervous about his speech today. | 但愿父亲今天演讲的时候别太紧张 |
[10:25] | I’ve been giving him little tips all week. | 这个礼拜我一直在跟他说些小建议 |
[10:28] | Oh, really? As Daphne tells it, | 是嘛 Daphne跟我说 |
[10:29] | you wrote the whole thing for him. | 你帮他把整个讲稿都写好了 |
[10:30] | I did no such thing! | 才没有 |
[10:32] | I added a bon mot or two, tidied up the language, | 我只是加了一两句珠玑妙语 整理了下用语 |
[10:35] | removed any questionable material. | 再把所有错词错句去掉了 |
[10:36] | There’s not a word of his left, is there? | 他自己一个词都不剩了吧 |
[10:38] | Not a comma. | 连个逗号都没有 |
[10:40] | I’m listening! | 我在聆听着 |
[10:42] | Here’s a tip for you. The ones with cameras are tourists. | 给你个小建议 带着相机的都是游客 |
[10:45] | They have no idea who you are, much less why you’re listening. | 他们不明白你为什么在聆听 更不知道你是谁 |
[10:48] | Oh, Niles, don’t be so churlish. | Niles 别这么没礼貌 |
[10:50] | The man clearly waved to me first. | 那男的明显先跟我挥手了 |
[10:51] | – He didn’t wave at you! – Yes he did! | – 他没跟你挥手 – 他挥了 |
[10:53] | – He was probably waving… – I don’t see why are you even objecting? | – 他应该是 – 我不明白你还有什么好反驳的 |
[10:55] | He was waving for a cab to | 他在挥手打车 |
[10:56] | get away from the scary “Listening” Man. | 好赶紧逃离你这个可怕的”聆听”男 |
[11:01] | Oh, I love this place. | 噢 我爱这里 |
[11:04] | Here you can feel the pulse of the city. | 在这儿能感受到这座城市的脉动 |
[11:08] | You know what I think when I see all these people here bustling about? | 你知道我看到人们熙熙攘攘的时候想到什么吗 |
[11:11] | Low turnout over at Frasier Crane Day? | 对成立Frasier节的低支持率吗 |
[11:16] | No. I think that they’re the reason I love this city. | 没有 我在想他们就是我爱这座城市的理由 |
[11:22] | Stop waving! | 别再挥了 |
[11:23] | Why, there’s nothing wrong with being friendly. | 但是友善又没有错 |
[11:25] | Well, there is a difference between | 友善跟出风头 |
[11:27] | being friendly and making a public spectacle of yourself. | 是两码事好嘛 |
[11:31] | Frasier, did you see that man tried to assault me with a fish! | Frasier 刚刚那男人想用条鱼攻击我 |
[11:34] | Good Lord, Niles, get a grip! | 老天 Niles 淡定 |
[11:36] | For God’s sake, you become hysterical over the littlest things. | 这么点小事你都歇斯底里 |
[11:38] | Oh, my God! My suede shoes. | 苍天啊 我的羊皮鞋 |
[11:41] | You’ve spilled Latte all over them! They’re ruined! | 你把拿铁全撒上面了 毁了毁了 |
[11:43] | I’m sorry… and it was a half-caf cappuccino! | 抱歉 不过那是半咖啡因卡布奇诺好吗 |
[11:46] | Why can no one remember that! | 怎么没一个人能记住 |
[11:49] | Well, I’ll just have to replace them. I’ll look foolish otherwise. | 我得换双鞋 不然蠢毙了 |
[11:52] | Never in my life have I heard such caterwauling over a pair of shoes. | 我还从没见过为了双鞋这么叫唤的 |
[11:56] | I’ll have you know, I spent a bundle on these shoes. | 告诉你 我买这双鞋花了大价钱 |
[11:57] | They’re Joan & David. | 这可是琼大卫的 |
[11:58] | You named them? | 你还给鞋起名字了 |
[11:59] | Oh, shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[12:03] | Well, these are quite handsome, even though they are just a bit snug. | 这双真漂亮 虽然有点小紧 |
[12:07] | We could always go back. | 我们随时可以回去 |
[12:08] | I think there’s a pair in there you didn’t try on. | 你大概还有一双没试过吧 |
[12:10] | Nonsense. We weren’t in there that long. | 胡说 我们不可能耗了这么久 |
[12:13] | My God, the rally’s about to start. | 天哪 见面会都要开始了 |
[12:15] | Give me your phone. I’ll call Roz. | 把你手机给我 我打给Roz |
[12:19] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | – 给 – 谢谢 |
[12:24] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:26] | Frasier, do you know what time it is? | Frasier 现在都几点了 |
[12:26] | Frasier Crane节 祝贺你的第一千期节目 | |
[12:28] | Where the hell are you? We’re on the air in two minutes! | 你死哪儿去了 两分钟后我们就要播节目了 |
[12:31] | I’m sorry. I was involved in a small accident. | 对不起 我刚刚出了点小意外 |
[12:35] | I’m fine. Just start without me. We’ll take a cab. | 我没事 节目直接开始吧 我们打辆出租过来 |
[12:39] | – We’ll have better luck at the corner. – Right. | – 去那边街角更好打车 – 好的 |
[12:42] | Oh, Niles, wait! Too many fans that way. I’ll be mobbed. | 等等 Niles 那边太多粉丝了 我会被缠住的 |
[12:46] | We’re better off cutting over one block through that alley. | 我们最好穿过那条巷子到下个街区 |
[12:51] | Frasier’s running late, | Frasier会迟到 |
[12:52] | so I’ve got to use you first, okay, Martin? | 我得让你先上了 Martin 可以吧 |
[12:54] | Oh, oh, yeah, sure, okay. | 噢 噢 好 没问题 |
[12:56] | Jeez, I was hoping for a little more time. | 我去 我还指望多点时间呢 |
[12:58] | I haven’t even looked at this stuff Frasier wrote for me. | 我还没看过Frasier给我写的这个呢 |
[13:01] | Good afternoon, everyone and welcome also to our radio listeners. | 在座的各位 还有收音机的听众们 大家下午好 |
[13:05] | I’m Roz Doyle, | 我是Roz Doyle |
[13:06] | and I’d like to thank you all for helping us congratulate Dr. Frasier Crane. | 感谢你们能和我们一起祝贺Frasier Crane医生 |
[13:14] | We’ve got a full programme for you… | 我们为你们准备了 |
[13:16] | Stop worrying. Dr. Crane’s a very good writer. | 别担心 Crane医生是个好写手 |
[13:19] | Well, look at this. I’m gonna die out there with this crap. | 看看这个 这鬼东西会把我虐死的 |
[13:22] | Unfortunately, our guest of honour has been detained, | 不幸的是 我们尊贵的医生有些耽搁了 |
[13:25] | but we do have the next best thing – his dad, Martin Crane. | 不过我们有近乎完美的Martin Crane 他的父亲 |
[13:34] | Thanks, Roz. | 谢谢 Roz |
[13:36] | Good afternoon. | 大家下午好 |
[13:38] | 22 years ago, my son Frasier came to me | 22年前 我儿子Frasier找我 |
[13:42] | and asked if I would put him through medical school. | 问能不能让他去上医学院 |
[13:45] | I agreed to pay for it, | 我同意付钱让他去 |
[13:47] | but remarked, “I should have my head examined.” | 但又说”我该检查检查自己的脑袋了” |
[13:51] | Frasier replied, “Give me eight years, and I’ll do it for you.” | Frasier回答说”给我八年 我就可以帮你检查了” |
[13:59] | It was a hard eight years for Frasier, | 那八年对Frasier来说很艰辛 |
[14:02] | but as someone once quipped, | 不过就像有人说过的 |
[14:04] | “A good psychiatrist never shrinks from a challenge.” | “一个好的精神医生不会因挑战而退缩” |
[14:14] | Oh, geez… | 我勒个去 |
[14:19] | Oh, for God’s sake, Niles, will you come outta there?! | 我去 Niles 你能出来了吗 |
[14:21] | Our mugger specifically instructed us to wait for five minutes. | 刚刚抢劫犯特地说我们得等五分钟再出来 |
[14:25] | Yes, if he’d intended us to time it exactly, | 他要我们正好五分钟出来的话 |
[14:27] | he wouldn’t have taken our watches! | 就不会把手表拿走了 |
[14:31] | All right, all right, calm down. | 好吧 好吧 淡定 |
[14:33] | I see you’re new to this whole mugging thing. | 你好像第一次碰到抢劫这回事儿 |
[14:35] | I just can’t believe I’m missing my own rally. Come on! | 我只是不敢相信会错过自己的见面会 快点 |
[14:37] | These shoes are killing me! | 这鞋难受死我了 |
[14:38] | They’re like the work of a skilled Chinese footbinder. | 他们就像中国缠足工的作品 |
[14:42] | Niles, give me your phone. I’ll have Roz send us a car. | Niles 把你手机给我 我让Roz给我们调辆车来 |
[14:45] | My phone?! | 我的手机 |
[14:46] | What do you think the mugger was reaching into my breast pocket for? | 你以为刚刚抢劫犯在我口袋里摸什么 |
[14:48] | Well, the consolation is he jabbed himself on my emergency sewing kit. | 值得安慰的是 他在我的紧急针线包上戳了一下 |
[14:53] | Niles, a pay phone! | Niles 付费电话啊 |
[14:56] | It’s not much use to us unless we can find a quarter. | 这东西没用啊 我们一个子儿都没有 |
[15:03] | Niles, look. | Niles 看 |
[15:06] | You cannot be serious. You want to rob that poor old man? | 不是吧 你想抢那个可怜的老人 |
[15:09] | We’ll pay him back later. | 我们晚点还给他 |
[15:10] | Frasier, he’s blind. | Frasier 他还是个盲人 |
[15:11] | I know. It’s the first break we’ve had today. | 我知道 这是我们今天唯一的转机了 |
[15:13] | I’ll distract him. | 我来分散他注意力 |
[15:18] | Good afternoon! | 下午好啊 |
[15:23] | Sounding lovely. | 吹得很好听呢 |
[15:29] | Stop! Thief! | 住手 小偷 |
[15:30] | Dear God, run! | 天哪 快跑 |
[15:38] | I’d like to thank Frasier Crane for his friendship… | 我想感谢Frasier Crane对我的友善 |
[15:41] | Excuse me, Mayor Rice? | 你好 Rice市长吗 |
[15:43] | Yes? | 是的 |
[15:44] | I have a small bone to pick with you. | 我要跟你小小地挑个刺 |
[15:46] | I can’t say I care for the way your city treats us poor aliens. | 我不大喜欢你们城市对待我们外国人的方式 |
[15:50] | – You’re an alien? – Yes, Daphne Moon. | – 你是个外星人 – 是的 Daphne Moon |
[15:52] | You see, my friend Xena and I… She’s an alien too… | 我朋友Xena跟我 她也是个外国人 |
[15:55] | we’re trying to get down to Mazatlan to | 我们想去马萨特兰 |
[15:57] | rendezvous with her mother’s ship… | 登上她妈妈的船 |
[15:58] | – Her mothership? – Yes. | – 她的母舰 – 是啊 |
[16:00] | From what I hear, it’s quite spectacular. | 听说可壮观了 |
[16:02] | I’m sure it is. | 那肯定是 |
[16:03] | Why don’t you go with these two gentlemen? | 你何不跟这两位绅士走一趟 |
[16:05] | I’m sure they could take care of you. | 他们会照顾好你的 |
[16:07] | Well, thank you very much. | 啊呀 太谢谢你了 |
[16:09] | – Hello. – Hi. | – 你们好 – 你好 |
[16:10] | – Do you two work for the mayor? – Of course. | – 你们两个为市长工作吗 – 当然了 |
[16:12] | Well, I suppose I should know that already. You see, I’m a bit psychic. | 我本来就该知道 我会点通灵呢 |
[16:18] | Stop, Niles! Stop! | 停下 Niles 停停停 |
[16:21] | I can’t go on any longer. My feet are killing me. | 我走不动了 脚痛死了 |
[16:24] | We lost ’em. Most of them dropped out after the first corner, | 甩掉她们了 她们大多数在第一个转角就跟丢了 |
[16:27] | but that short one with the pigtails was a regular gazelle. | 但那个扎鞭子的小矮子跟头羚羊似的紧追不放 |
[16:30] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[16:32] | Look, it’s even farther away than it was before. | 看哪 我们离太空针塔更远了 |
[16:36] | Frasier, the Monorail! | Frasier 我们可以乘单轨电车 |
[16:38] | It goes to the Space Needle. | 到太空针塔的 |
[16:40] | Let’s go! | 咱们走 |
[16:45] | 单轨电车入口 太空针塔方向 | |
[16:46] | Welcome to the Seattle Monorail. We’ll be… | 欢迎乘坐西雅图单轨电车 下一站 |
[16:49] | Do you think anyone saw us sneak on? | 应该没人看到我们溜进来吧 |
[16:51] | No, I think we’re all right. | 应该没事 |
[16:52] | I hate to say it, | 脸红地说 |
[16:53] | but it was sort of exciting flouting the law like that. | 这种藐视法律的行为还挺带感的 |
[16:57] | It gives you some idea of why | 然后就明白为什么 |
[16:58] | outlaws always have been such romantic figures. | 罪犯总引起人们的浪漫幻想 |
[17:01] | Perhaps you might have cut a more dashing figure | 如果你不是从闸机下钻过 |
[17:02] | had you vaulted over the turnstile rather than crawling underneath it. | 而是翻过去的话 会更潇洒倜傥的 |
[17:07] | I’m surprised the trains are even running on Frasier Crane Day. | 没想到电车居然在Frasier Crane节还运行 |
[17:12] | Yes, well, with any luck | 运气好的话 |
[17:14] | we’ll still catch the last 20 minutes of the rally. | 我们应该能赶上见面会的最后20分钟 |
[17:17] | Though how I’ll explain my lateness, I have no idea. | 但我不知道怎么解释我迟到了 |
[17:20] | I certainly can’t tell them about the fish, the little girls. | 又不能说那条鱼 那些小姑娘 |
[17:25] | I’ll have to make something up, I suppose. Any suggestions? | 我得编了 你有什么想法 |
[17:28] | The train stopped. | 电车停了 |
[17:30] | That’s not very original. | 这理由有点烂吧 |
[17:31] | No, Frasier, the train stopped. | Frasier 电车真的停了 |
[17:33] | …people to be open about it. | 让人敞开胸怀 |
[17:36] | Good Lord. What’s going on? Excuse me, what’s happening? | 老天 怎么回事 你好 这是怎么了 |
[17:39] | There’s an electrical problem ahead, we’re going back to Westlake. | 前面电路故障 我们要开回西湖中心了 |
[17:42] | What? But those people are waiting for me. | 什么 人们还在等我呢 |
[17:45] | They’re so close. | 就在眼前了啊 |
[17:46] | I guess it just isn’t your day. | 今天大概不是你的好日子 |
[17:48] | But it is my day! | 今天就是我的好日子 |
[17:51] | – Don’t panic, Frasier. – Oh, don’t panic? | – 别慌 Frasier – 噢 别慌 |
[17:55] | Yes, why should I have any reason to panic? | 我有什么理由慌张 |
[17:57] | My God, I’m only going to miss a celebration in my honour, | 也就是错过一场给我办的庆祝会 |
[17:59] | making me a laughingstock forever. | 让我成为永远的笑柄 |
[18:01] | And why? Because you spilt coffee on my shoes! | 为什么呢 就因为你把咖啡撒我鞋上 |
[18:04] | You’re blaming me? | 你居然怪我 |
[18:05] | Well, if you had the gripping abilities | 如果你有每个树上生物 |
[18:06] | every species above the tree sloth was born with… | 生来就有的抓握能力的话 |
[18:09] | You should think back on the 45 minutes you and your ego | 你该想想你为了点虚荣花的那三刻钟 |
[18:12] | spent in that shoe store trying on every pair of shoes, | 把鞋店里所有鞋都试穿了 |
[18:14] | including the ones the manager was wearing! | 还包括门店经理脚上那双 |
[18:15] | – Are you calling me vain? – If the Joan & David fits! | – 你说我爱慕虚荣 – 要是琼大卫合脚的话 |
[18:30] | I don’t even know why I’m yelling at you. | 真不知道我们在吵什么 |
[18:32] | I guess I’m just trying to blame you | 我大概是不想面对现实 |
[18:34] | because I don’t want to face the truth. | 才一直揪着你不放 |
[18:36] | I’m a big fat phoney. | 我就是个伪君子 |
[18:40] | I wanted my day. | 我想要以我命名的节日 |
[18:43] | I wanted hoopla and fuss. | 人声鼎沸 小题大做我统统都要 |
[18:48] | I practically planned the whole thing myself. | 其实我还自己策划了整个见面会 |
[18:50] | You did? | 真的 |
[18:51] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[18:54] | Says a lot about me as a psychiatrist, doesn’t it? | 让他们净说我作为精神医生的事 |
[18:58] | I’m a small man. | 我是个渺小的人 |
[19:01] | Well, what does it say about me | 那我算什么 |
[19:03] | that I was happy seeing you miss your day? | 我看到你错过自己的节日还幸灾乐祸 |
[19:06] | – You were? – Of course. | – 真的吗 – 当然了 |
[19:08] | I’ve been jealous of you all week. | 我已经嫉妒你一个礼拜了 |
[19:11] | I’m a tiny man. | 我就是个袖珍的人 |
[19:13] | Next to me, you’re a giant. | 跟我比 你就是个巨人 |
[19:15] | I stare up at your ankles. | 我要抬头才能看到你的脚踝 |
[19:17] | – I’d need a stepladder just to… – Let’s not do this. | – 那我要爬楼梯才能 – 快别扯了 |
[19:23] | You shouldn’t feel guilty, Frasier. | Frasier 你完全不必内疚 |
[19:25] | Everyone deserves a fuss. You above all. | 每个人都值得小题大做 尤其是你 |
[19:28] | You’ve helped a lot of people. | 你帮助了那么多人 |
[19:31] | They deserve a chance to thank you for it. | 应该让他们有机会感谢你 |
[19:34] | Thank you, Niles. | 谢谢 Niles |
[19:41] | Dr. Crane is on his way and should be here any minute. | Crane医生在赶过来的路上 应该马上就到了 |
[19:48] | There it goes. | 就这样走了 |
[19:52] | Goodbye, fuss. | 永别了 小题大做 |
[19:56] | Goodbye, day! | 永别了 我的节日 |
[20:06] | I hesitate to say this, but you still have time… | 其实你大概还有时间 |
[20:08] | Stop it! Don’t you dare get my hopes up! | 别 求你别再给我希望了 |
[20:12] | That ship has sailed, that fat lady has… | 船已经开走了 胖女人已经 |
[20:16] | – Taxi! Taxi! Taxi! – Taxi! | – 出租车啊 停下停下 – 停下 |
[20:19] | Oh, damn! I give up. | 该死 我放弃了 |
[20:23] | Well, I don’t. This is your day, | 我没放弃 今天是你的节日 |
[20:25] | and if I can get you there for a curtain call, I will. | 我会尽我所能把你带到那儿谢幕 |
[20:27] | I still have the blind man’s quarter. | 我还有从盲人那儿顺的两毛五 |
[20:29] | Stay here, I’m going to call a cab. | 待这儿别动 我去叫辆车 |
[20:30] | Thank you, Niles. You’re a good brother. | 谢谢你 Niles 好兄弟 |
[20:33] | Hey! Did I hear you yellin’ for a cab? | 嘿 你是不是在叫车 |
[20:35] | Yes! | 是的是的 |
[20:37] | I can take you if you want. | 我可以载你 |
[20:38] | – Are you serious? – Yes. | – 真的吗 – 是啊 |
[20:40] | Niles! Niles, let’s go! Come on! | Niles Niles 有车了 快来 |
[20:46] | – What about your friend? – Oh, he’ll be all right. | – 你朋友怎么办 – 他不会有事的 |
[20:49] | He’s got street smarts. | 都市冷暖他熟着呢 |
[20:52] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪儿 |
[20:53] | The Space Needle, please. | 太空针塔 谢谢 |
[20:54] | No problem. Should be there in five minutes. | 好的 五分钟内就到 |
[20:57] | That’s the first good news I’ve heard all day. | 这是我今天听到的第一个好消息 |
[21:00] | – I’ve had a bit of a rough day myself. – Oh? | – 我这两天也过得不是很顺 – 怎么了 |
[21:03] | Yeah. My ex-wife is getting remarried tomorrow. | 我前妻明天要再婚了 |
[21:08] | In Pennsylvania. | 在宾夕法尼亚州 |
[21:10] | You goin’ to that rally over there? | 你是要去那里的见面会吗 |
[21:12] | Er, as a matter of fact, I am. | 呃 是的 |
[21:14] | Told her I’d come to the wedding, but | 我跟她说我会去参加婚礼的 |
[21:17] | I’ve been getting cold feet. | 我现在又后悔了 |
[21:19] | Better make up my mind soon, though. My plane leaves in a few hours. | 不过得赶紧打定主意 飞机过几个小时就要飞了 |
[21:23] | They don’t give you any bargains on those last-minute tickets either. | 临近买的机票可不便宜 |
[21:27] | Oh, maybe this isn’t the best time to tell you this | 不好意思打断你 |
[21:29] | but I’ll have to owe you for this ride. | 不过这趟车我付不了钱了 |
[21:34] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[21:37] | Probably never should have gotten married in the first place. | 当初也许就不该结婚 |
[21:41] | We were young. Had a few good years, though. | 我们都太年轻 不过是有过美好的几年时光 |
[21:44] | Well, that’s something, at least. | 你们至少有过美好 |
[21:48] | At least the kids will be there tomorrow. | 至少明天孩子们会在 |
[21:50] | – Kids? – Son and a daughter. | – 孩子们 – 一儿一女 |
[21:54] | I don’t see ’em much. They went with their mom when we divorced. | 我们见面得不多 离婚的时候他们跟妈妈走了 |
[21:59] | Of course, I think I’m more excited about seein’ them | 当然 我肯定更想见他们 |
[22:02] | than they are about seein’ me. | 他们应该不是那么想见我 |
[22:05] | Why would you say that? | 怎么说 |
[22:07] | Just a feeling. | 就是直觉 |
[22:09] | I didn’t make much of my life back when Marie and I were together. | Marie跟我在一起的时候 我有点荒废人生 |
[22:13] | Turned it around, though. I own this car. | 但总算咸鱼翻身 至少有了这辆车 |
[22:17] | Well, it’s a nice one. | 是啊 很棒的车 |
[22:22] | The hardest part is, if I do go, I have to see my in-laws. | 最烦恼的是 如果我去了 我肯定会碰到前岳父母 |
[22:27] | They were never too crazy about me. | 他们不是很喜欢我 |
[22:30] | This new guy Marie is marrying | Marie要嫁的这个男人 |
[22:31] | is supposed to be some kind of big success. | 肯定是个成功人士 |
[22:33] | I don’t know what I’d say to any of them. | 我都不知道跟他们说什么 |
[22:36] | Part of me thinks | 我一会儿想着 |
[22:37] | I’d just be better off leaving the whole thing alone. | 干脆把这事甩一边不管了 |
[22:41] | And part of you doesn’t. | 一会儿又不想 |
[22:43] | I’d like to see my kids. | 我还是想看看孩子们 |
[22:46] | Especially now they’re getting a new dad. | 特别是他们马上要有新爸爸了 |
[22:50] | Hell of a choice, huh? | 真难选 哈 |
[22:51] | You know, sometimes difficult choices like these can be good things. | 有时候 难选的事反而是好事 |
[22:57] | They can teach us about who we are. | 能教会我们真我 |
[23:09] | I bet you hear enough about this. | 你大概听烦了吧 |
[23:12] | Besides, we’re here. | 而且我们到了 |
[23:14] | Oh, don’t worry about me. I’ve got plenty of time. | 没关系 我有的是时间 |
[23:17] | Tell me more about your kids. | 再跟我说说你的孩子们 |
[23:20] | All right. | 好吧 |
[23:23] | – I’m John, by the way. – I’m Frasier. | – 我是John 你好 – 我是Frasier |
[23:37] | 真正的Frasier节见面会 1997年9月11日西雅图 |