时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Well, that’s it for today, Seattle. | 西雅图的听众们 今天就到这儿了 |
[00:11] | This is Doctor Frasier Crane | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:12] | wishing you good day and good mental health. | 祝您身心安康 一切顺利 |
[00:17] | All right. Move it. Person waiting for the booth here. | 走开 还有人等着用录音室呢 |
[00:20] | That is not amusing when you do it in the men’s room. It’s not amusing now. | 你有完没完 刚刚在厕所还没玩儿够呐 |
[00:24] | – All ready then, Bulldog? – What are you two doing? | – Bulldog 准备好了吗 – 你俩来干嘛 |
[00:27] | We’re recording an ad for a new sponsor. | 我们来给新的赞助商录条广告 |
[00:28] | We’ve only got a minute here so scram both of ya! | 我们可没时间瞎晃 你俩赶紧闪人 |
[00:30] | Oh. By the way, Roz, baby or no baby, | 对了 Roz 撇开孩子不提 |
[00:32] | your ass has never looked better. | 你屁股从没这么好看过 |
[00:34] | Shut up. | 你闭嘴 |
[00:37] | – How sick is that? – Well, he’s just being Bulldog. | – 多变态啊 – Bulldog就是这样的啦 |
[00:39] | No, that I liked hearing it. | 不是 我是说我居然喜欢听 |
[00:42] | – Hi, I’m Bulldog Brisco. – And I’m Gil Chesterton. | – 嗨 我是Bulldog Brisco – 我是Gil Chesterton |
[00:46] | When Bulldog and I are out on the town together… | 每次我跟Bulldog出去享受夜生活的时候 |
[00:49] | Whether it’s opening night at the opera | 不管是去剧院看首演 |
[00:50] | Or rooting our Mariners to victory | 还是为我们的水手队加油助威 |
[00:53] | We always round of the evening in the same way: | 我们总是会在睡前喝杯快乐梦之茶 |
[00:54] | – with a nice, relaxing cup of Happy Dreams Tea. – Mmmm. | – 放松一下 来圆满结束这一夜 – 嗯 |
[00:58] | We’re making some right now. How many lumps do you like, Gil? | 我们现在就在泡茶 Gil你想来几包 |
[01:02] | One, please. | 一包 多谢 |
[01:03] | Ouch! Gets me every time. | 哎哟 又把我吓到了 |
[01:06] | Happy Dreams Tea. One cup, | 快乐梦之茶 |
[01:08] | you’ll have happy dreams the whole night through. | 一杯 给你整晚快乐梦 |
[01:12] | Yes. Perfect. One take. | 好 太好了 一次就过了 |
[01:14] | Well, my “Ouch” Could be a bit more convincing. | 呃 我的”哎呦”还可以更逼真点 |
[01:17] | We’ll splice that in later. | 等会儿把这轱辘接进去 |
[01:21] | What the hell was that? | 这到底是搞啥 |
[01:22] | It’s the new station manager’s idea. | 新台长的主意吧 |
[01:24] | He’s getting some of the on-air talents | 他让一些热门主播 |
[01:25] | to record commercials for the new sponsors. | 给新的赞助商录广告 |
[01:28] | You aren’t disappointed he didn’t ask you to do it,are you? | 他没让你录 你该不会失望了吧 |
[01:30] | Oh yes, Roz, about as disappointed as I was when that | 可不是嘛 Roz 就像上次圣诞派对上一样失望 |
[01:32] | hypnotist at the Christmas party picked them to come up stage | 那个催眠师把他们叫上舞台 没叫我 |
[01:35] | and groom each other like monkeys. | 结果他们像猴子一样互相理毛 |
[01:37] | Yeah, you really lucked out at that party. | 对啊 那次你真走运 |
[01:40] | He didn’t make you do anything silly. No, sir. | 他没让你做任何丢人的事 绝没有 大人 |
[01:43] | Roz Roz. | |
[01:45] | – Oh Daphne, what’re you doing here? – Hi, Daph | – Oh Daphne 你怎么来了 – 嗨 Daph |
[01:48] | Dr Crane’s car’s in the shop, so I’m a chauffeur for the day. | Crane医生的车拿去修理了 今天我是司机 |
[01:51] | It may take a while to get home | 今天路上可能得多花点时间 |
[01:52] | There’s a rally on Pike Street holding up the traffic. | Pike街上有集会 把路都堵死了 |
[01:54] | Oh, what sort of rally? | 啊 什么集会 |
[01:55] | Apparently, they’re trying to save | 好像是想阻止 |
[01:56] | some old bookstore from being torn down. | 一个旧书店被拆掉 |
[01:58] | Not Hirsch and Sons? | 不是Hirsch&Sons书店吧 |
[02:00] | Yeah, that’s the one. Some developers want to build a strip mall there. | 就是那个 有个开发商想把那儿改成商业街 |
[02:03] | Oh they can’t do that, that’s a Seattle landmark. | 啊 怎么可以这样 那是西雅图的地标呢 |
[02:05] | My God, Mark Twain gave a reading there. | 天啊 马克吐温还在那儿朗诵过呢 |
[02:08] | Oh yeah, I know that place. I used to have a boyfriend | 哦 我知道那地方 我之前有个男友 |
[02:10] | who liked to make out in the occult section. | 特别喜欢带我去那里的玄学书架那儿亲热 |
[02:15] | You know, frankly, I’m terribly upset about this. | 坦白说 我还真给这搞得心烦意乱 |
[02:17] | You know what I think, we’ll go down there and join that rally. | 对了 我们不如也去加入集会吧 |
[02:19] | Good for you, Frasier. | 好样的 Frasier |
[02:20] | I refuse to stand idly by while some fatcat bully | 当那些财团恶霸无情地欺诈弱小势力时 |
[02:24] | rides roughshod over the little people. | 我决不能袖手旁观 |
[02:25] | I don’t want to go to a rally. | 可我不想去那集会啊 |
[02:27] | Tough luck. You’re the chauffeur. | 你必须去 谁让你是司机呢 |
[02:37] | 我们爱书店 请不要拆 不要毁掉西雅图地标 | |
[02:43] | This is actually rather exciting. | 这还挺让人激动的嘛 |
[02:44] | I’d say I never thought you to be the protest kind. | 我从没想过你竟然会参加抗议啊 |
[02:47] | Oh, I’m on the contrary, Daphne. | 哦 正相反 Daphne |
[02:48] | I was quite the activist in my college days, | 我大学时候很是活跃呢 |
[02:51] | you know, There’s nothing like throwing your feel as bad to | 叛逆青年 穿得破破烂烂 |
[02:53] | scruffy young rebels thumbing their noses at convention. | 在集会上藐视权威 什么也比不上这来劲啊 |
[02:55] | So, did you go for the whole package then? | 那你当时是整了全套吗 |
[02:57] | Long hair, bare bottoms, beads? | 长发啊 露屁股啊 带珠子啊 |
[02:59] | Oh hevens, no, I did have a pair of | 老天爷 并没有好吗 但我有一条 |
[03:01] | psychedelic suspenders that raised an eyebrow too. | 炫酷的背带裤 也常常让保守人士皱眉呢 |
[03:04] | This seems good, don’t you think? | 看起来不错啊 是吧 |
[03:07] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[03:09] | Hey, this is great. Hey, look, everybody, it’s Dr Frasier Crane. | 嘿 太好了 大家看啊 这是Frasier Crane医生呢 |
[03:15] | Hello. Good to see you. | 你好 很高兴见到你 |
[03:17] | Dr. Crane would you like to say a few words? | Crane医生 你说两句吧 |
[03:20] | Well, all right. I’ll keep it simple. | 好吧 我随便说点 |
[03:22] | Be strong, people. Our cause is just. To the barricades. | 大家要坚强 我们代表正义 堵路万岁 |
[03:27] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[03:29] | This is sort of fun, isn’t it? | 挺好玩的 是吧 |
[03:31] | People, this is your final warning. | 各位 最后一次警告 |
[03:34] | – Who do you suppose that is? – It’s the police I think. | – 这是谁在说话 – 警察吧 |
[03:36] | Disperse now, or we will take action. | 立即散开 否则我们要用强了 |
[03:40] | What do they mean by that? | 他们这是什么意思 |
[03:41] | – We’re not going anywhere, are we? – No! | – 我们哪儿也不去 是不是 – 是 |
[03:44] | You don’t think they’re talking about a jail sort of thing, do you? | 他们不会拘留我们吧 你觉得呢 |
[03:46] | Who knows? Exciting, isn’t it? | 不知道啊 但很刺激呀 不是吗 |
[03:48] | They’re gonna have to drag us out of here, aren’t they. | 除非他们把我们拖走 是不是 |
[03:50] | Yeah! | 是 |
[03:52] | They don’t actually drag people away anymore, do they? | 他们现在不会随便拖人了吧 是吧 |
[03:54] | Cos they’re too afraid to arrest us, aren’t they? | 但是他们不敢逮捕我们 是不是 |
[03:57] | Yeah! | 是 |
[03:59] | Well, now you’re just provoking them. | 唉 你别挑衅啊 |
[04:01] | All right, people, you had your warning. | 各位 不好意思 我们已经警告过你们了 |
[04:04] | What?! Oh man. | 啥 哦 天啊 |
[04:06] | They weren’t kidding. | 他们来真的 |
[04:07] | Well, there go the first lucky martyrs to our cause. | 好吧 这是为我们的正义牺牲的第一人 |
[04:15] | At the rate they’re dragging people away, | 照这抓人的速度 |
[04:17] | there’ll be nobody left to protest. | 马上就该把人都清理走了 |
[04:19] | You know, Daphne, I better go get some reinforcements. | 这样吧 Daphne 我去找点援兵 |
[04:22] | Dr Crane, Dr Crane, where are you going? | Crane医生 Crane医生 你要去哪 |
[04:25] | Solidarity, brothers. | 兄弟们 要团结一致啊 |
[04:41] | – Hello, Niles. – Frasier, I hope you’re free tonight. | – Niles 你好 – Frasier 你今晚有空吧 |
[04:44] | I just secured a table at the most exclusive new restaurant in Seattle. | 我刚在西雅图最时髦的新餐厅订好了位子 |
[04:47] | – I’m sorry, just not in the mood. – At least hear me out. | – 不去了 我心情不好 – 听我说完啊 |
[04:51] | This place is the hottest new thing in fusion cuisine. | 那是全西雅图吃混合菜式最棒的地方 |
[04:54] | Oh, what cuisines are being fused? | 哦 能吃到什么混合菜式 |
[04:56] | Polynesian and Scandinavian. | 波利尼亚加斯堪的纳维亚风味 |
[04:58] | It’s called Mahalo Valhalla. | 叫作嘛呼啦哇哈啦 |
[05:05] | Well, perhaps there’s a reason | 呵呵 也许上帝是有意 |
[05:06] | God put those two countries so far apart. | 让这俩国家离得那么远的 |
[05:10] | I had my doubt too, but my gourmet newsletter | 我本来也这么觉得 但我的美食简讯 |
[05:12] | gave three and a half whisks to their coconut herring. | 给了他们的椰子鲭鱼三星半好评 |
[05:17] | I’m sorry, Niles. Tonight’s just a bad night. | 抱歉 Niles 我今晚没心情 |
[05:21] | See, Daphne’s been hauled down to jail. | 实话告诉你 Daphne被抓了 |
[05:24] | Dad’s down there trying to bail her out. | 老爸去保释她了 |
[05:26] | – What? – Don’t worry, they should be home any minute. | – 什么 – 别担心 他们马上就回来了 |
[05:29] | It’s just that she was down | 其实就是 她去了 |
[05:31] | at that rally for Hirsch and Sons bookstore. | Hirsch&Sons书店的抗议集会 |
[05:34] | The worst part of it is I convinced her to go. | 最让我难受的是 是我劝她去的 |
[05:37] | When they started hauling people away, I chickened out and ran. | 当警察开始抓人的时候 我一害怕就跑了 |
[05:43] | – You left her there? – It was a thoroughly shameful performance. | – 你就把她丢在那儿了 – 真是可耻的一幕 |
[05:48] | But I did clear that hedge in front of Emerson’s Funeral Home | 不过我利落地越过了艾默生殡仪馆门口的树篱 |
[05:50] | like a Kentucky show horse, but… | 堪比肯塔基的骏马呢 |
[05:57] | What has happened to me, Niles? | Niles 我是怎么了 |
[06:00] | I used to be so courageous, to fight for things. | 我以前很有勇气啊 从不畏惧抗争 |
[06:06] | When did I become so middle-aged, so timid? | 什么时候我这么像个中年人了 这么胆小 |
[06:09] | Don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s part of life. | 你也别太自责了 生活就是这样 |
[06:12] | We all get a bit more cautious as we get older. | 年纪越大 我们会变得越来越谨慎 |
[06:14] | Not me. God, it was only five years ago | 可我不是 天哪 就在5年前 |
[06:18] | I packed up my whole life in Boston, | 我抛弃了波士顿的一切 |
[06:20] | moved across the country to start over. That took real courage. | 横穿美国 到这儿重新来过 没勇气能做到吗 |
[06:23] | Now, the biggest risk I take is saying to Dad, | 可现在 我敢冒的最大风险就是对老爸说 |
[06:26] | “Hey, let’s go out to dinner. You pick the restaurant.” | “嘿 出去吃饭吧 你挑地方” |
[06:32] | Daphne, it’s so good to have you home safe and sound. | Daphne 看到你平安回来太好了 |
[06:35] | Sod off. | 滚开 |
[06:37] | – She’s a little mad at you. – Yes, thank you, Dad. | – 她有点生你的气 – 我懂 多谢了 老爸 |
[06:41] | Daphne Daphne, | |
[06:42] | I am so sorry. I feel just terrible. | 我很抱歉 我悔恨死了 |
[06:46] | As you should. You left me handcuffed and helpless. | 你活该 你抛下了我 我戴着手铐 彷徨无助 |
[06:49] | If you’re ever in that position again, be sure to call on me. | 要是下次再有这种事(SM场景) 一定要叫我 |
[06:58] | For help. | 来帮忙 |
[07:01] | Thank you, Dr Crane. Shame on you, Dr Crane. | 多谢 Crane医生 真可耻 Crane医生 |
[07:04] | Why can’t you be more like Dr Crane? | 你怎么就不能跟Crane医生学学 |
[07:08] | I can’t believe it. It took me six hours to get her out. | 太夸张了吧 居然花了我6小时才把她弄出来 |
[07:11] | In my days cops could count on a few perks, you know. | 我们那时候 警察之间是有默契的 |
[07:14] | No speeding tickets. Get your friends out of jail fast. | 警察不会被开罚单 去保释拘留的朋友也会很快 |
[07:17] | – It’s all gone to hell. – Yeah. | – 现在怎么都没了呢 – 是啊 |
[07:19] | Let’s hope they never do away with that | 希望他们不会废除那条 |
[07:21] | “All jewellery up for grabs in the morgue” Policy. | “可以随便拿停尸间里的珠宝”的政策吧 |
[07:26] | There is no way I’m not letting this dinner reservation go to waste. | 我好不容易订上的位子不能浪费了啊 |
[07:29] | Frasier, last chance. | Frasier, 再问你一次 |
[07:31] | Thanks anyway, Niles. | 不了 多谢了 Niles |
[07:32] | Very well. Dad, what about you? | 那好吧 老爸 你呢 |
[07:37] | You know, Niles, maybe I will come and get a bite with you. | Niles 不如我去和你吃饭吧 |
[07:40] | You know. Sitting around six hours | 你懂的 在警察局 |
[07:42] | in that station house, I could eat anything. | 坐了6个小时 我什么都能吃得下 |
[07:45] | – Let’s go, then. – Oh, good. I can’t wait. | – 那我们走吧 – 好啊 等不及了 |
[07:48] | Where are we going, anyway? | 我们去哪儿吃 |
[07:49] | Oh, well… | 哦, 去 |
[07:51] | Hello? Yes, I’d like to order a large pizza. | 喂 是 我想订个大份比萨 |
[07:55] | What toppings? Just a second. | 什么口味的 等会儿 |
[07:59] | Dad, what do you want on your pizza? | 老爸 比萨想要哪种口味的 |
[08:02] | – Pepperoni. – Pepperoni, please. | – 意大利辣香肠的 – 意大利辣香肠的 谢谢 |
[08:06] | Anyway, we’ve been fighting a lot | 反正 我们吵过很多次 |
[08:06] | 听众Patrick由职业网球运动员约翰·麦肯罗配音 曾多次获得美网及温网单打冠军,ATP单打和双打世界第一 | |
[08:08] | and she’s never in the mood for sex anymore. | 她一直都没心情做爱 |
[08:10] | I think she must be having an affair. | 我觉得她肯定外面有人了 |
[08:12] | Now, now, Patrick, let’s not give in to paranoia. | 慢着 Patrick 还是先不要疑神疑鬼了吧 |
[08:15] | Just because your wife is avoiding sex lately | 仅仅因为你妻子拒绝做爱 |
[08:18] | that doesn’t mean she’s being unfaithful. | 并不意味着她在偷情 |
[08:20] | You said youself you haven’t been talking lately. | 你自己也说了 你们最近都没什么交流 |
[08:23] | Why don’t you try re-opening the lines of communication tonight | 不如今晚你借着一顿浪漫晚餐 |
[08:27] | by surprising her with a nice, romantic dinner? | 和她重新开始吧 |
[08:31] | Tonight’s no good. She’s working late on her boss’ boat again. | 今晚应该不行 她又得在她老板的游艇上加班呢 |
[08:38] | But tomorrow’s OK. Thanks, Dr Crane. | 但明天应该可以 谢啦 Crane医生 |
[08:44] | You know, Roz, what do you say | Roz 进一段交通新闻 |
[08:46] | we turn things over to our eye on the sky, | 把直升机Dave 咱的天眼接进来 |
[08:48] | Chopper Dave, with the traffic report? | 来报道一下交通状况吧 |
[08:51] | Frasier, I want to introduce you to someone | Frasier 我想介绍个人给你认识 |
[08:53] | This is our new station manager, Kenny Daly. | 这是我们新台长 Kenny Daly |
[08:55] | It’s a pleasure. | 见到你很荣幸 |
[08:56] | No, it’s my pleasure. I have to say, I’m just a, whoa! huge fan. | 不不不 是我很荣幸 我是你的铁杆粉丝啊 |
[09:02] | I only had this reaction once before. | 我这辈子只这么激动过一次 |
[09:04] | You ever heard of Norman Mailer? | 你知道Norman Mailer吧 |
[09:04] | 美国著名作家,著作有<裸者和死者> 被称为海明威第二,上过前线,当过导演,参加过纽约市长的竞选 | |
[09:07] | Of course, the author. | 当然 著名作家 |
[09:08] | No, I’m talking about the drive-time guy, worked out of Tampa? | 不 我说的是坦帕郊区的主播 主持早高峰节目的 |
[09:12] | “Norman in the Mornin”‘. So funny you’d pray for traffic. | “Norman晨报” 太搞笑了 真希望每天都堵车 |
[09:18] | I’ll try to catch him the next time I’m in Tampa. | 下次我在早高峰的时候去坦帕的时候 |
[09:21] | In the mornin’. | 我会听听他节目的 |
[09:24] | – Oh well, I gotta run, it’s been great meeting you. – You, too. | – 我得走了 很高兴见到你 – 我也是 |
[09:28] | Oh, I almost forgot | 噢 差点忘了 |
[09:30] | I got a call from the Happy Dreams Tea people. | 我接到快乐梦之茶的电话 |
[09:32] | They had a bounch of spots scheduled for your first hour | 他们有几条广告安排在你上一小时的节目里 |
[09:34] | and you forgot to read them. | 但你忘记读了 |
[09:35] | Actually, I didn’t forget. I have looked at the copy | 嗯 我没忘 我看到广告了 |
[09:38] | and well, I couldn’t read it. | 但我不能读 |
[09:40] | Oh, why not? | 哦 为啥呢 |
[09:41] | Well, just listen to this here. | 好吧 你听听 |
[09:45] | “One cup of Happy Dreams Tea | “一杯快乐梦之茶 |
[09:46] | and you’ll have happy dreams all night long.” | 保你整晚快乐梦” |
[09:48] | The fact is that dreams are a by-product of unresolved emotion. | 梦是未解心结的副产物 |
[09:52] | No tea can promise happy dreams. | 什么茶也不可能保证做好梦的 |
[09:56] | Oh, Okay. I totally get that. | 好 我很理解 |
[09:59] | Here is my problem. Our ad revenues are down | 可问题是 我们的广告收益很少 |
[10:01] | and they’re a major new sponsor. | 他们是新的主要赞助商 |
[10:03] | I just promised them that you’d read the ads this hour. | 我刚答应他们你这次会读那广告了 |
[10:06] | Yes but as a psychiatrist, I can’t. | 是 但作为一个心理医师 我不能读 |
[10:07] | They promise something that’s impossible. | 他们的承诺是不可能兑现的 |
[10:09] | Okay, okay. Now I understand. | 好的 好的 我明白了 |
[10:12] | What if we just think of it more as a slogan? | 如果我们就把它当做一个单纯的广告标语呢 |
[10:14] | You see, but it’s not a slogan. If I, as a doctor, read it, | 但这不是广告标语 如果我 一个医生 读了它 |
[10:18] | it sounds like medical advice. | 听起来就像医嘱 |
[10:21] | Okay. Now, totally get it. | 好 现在 我完全明白了 |
[10:25] | So instead of saying this is Dr Frasier Crane | 不如别说”我是Frasier Crane医生” |
[10:28] | Just don’t say “Doctor”. | 就说”我是Frasier Crane” |
[10:30] | Kenny, perhaps I’m not making myself clear here. | Kenny 或许我没说明白 |
[10:31] | Let’s try this. I will never read this copy. | 这么说吧 我是不会读这广告的 |
[10:36] | This is the part of my job I really hate. | 这就是我最讨厌这工作的地方了 |
[10:39] | If you take a stand like that | 你要是坚持不肯让步的话 |
[10:41] | and I totally respect it, by the way, and you force my hand. | 虽然我非常钦佩您 但您这是逼我啊 |
[10:45] | That’s our biggest sponsor. | 那是我们最大的赞助商 |
[10:46] | So unless you’re willing to go on the air right now and read that ad, | 所以要不你现在就把那广告读了 |
[10:50] | I have to fire you. | 要不我只能炒了你了 |
[10:54] | Ten seconds, Frasier. | 10倒秒计时 Fraiser |
[10:59] | Well, I didn’t realise you felt so strongly about it. | 好吧 没想到你这么强硬 |
[11:01] | I guess I have no choice. | 那我没得选了 |
[11:03] | Oh, thanks, Dr Crane. What a relief. | 多谢啦 Crane医生 真松了一口气 |
[11:15] | Hello, Seattle. | 西雅图的听众们 你们好 |
[11:16] | The people who know me best will not | 那些了解我的人 |
[11:18] | be surprised by what I’m about to tell you. | 不会为我下面的话感到吃惊 |
[11:21] | I am not a man | 我不是一个 |
[11:24] | who betrays his principles. | 背弃原则的人 |
[11:27] | I am not a man who misleads his listeners | 我不是一个误导听众的人 |
[11:30] | and I am not a man who will shrink from a fight. | 我也不是一个面对斗争会退缩的人 |
[11:33] | Today, I find myself in a fight over the content of my show. | 今天 我和我的经理关于节目内容发生了争执 |
[11:37] | But rather than truckle to the forces of commercialism, | 但我不会向商业主义屈服 |
[11:40] | I’ve decided to take a stand on principle, even it means… | 我决定维护我的原则 即使这意味着 |
[11:46] | – I’m not on the air, am I? – No. He put on the Best of Crane. | – 我被掐断了 是吗 – 嗯 他播Crane精选集了 |
[11:50] | – How much did I get out? – Well, let’s see. | – 播出去多少 – 听听看吧 |
[11:54] | People who know me best will not | 那些了解我的人 |
[11:55] | be surprised by what I’m about to tell you. | 不会为我下面的话感到吃惊 |
[11:58] | I am not a man… | 我不是个男人 |
[12:09] | Perfect. | 太好了 |
[12:15] | So they actually fired you? | 这么说 他们真把你给炒了 |
[12:17] | Yes. And I must say it feels good to take a stand like this. | 对 可是我坚守了原则 这感觉太好了 |
[12:22] | I feel like my old self again. | 感觉以前的自己又回来了 |
[12:24] | I’ll tell you one thing, I don’t envy Kenny. | 告诉你 我同情Kenny |
[12:26] | Feeling the cold stares of the other employees | 现在他肯定备受同事的冷眼鄙视 |
[12:29] | because he’s fired the station’s most popular personality. | 因为他炒了整个电台最受欢迎的主播 |
[12:33] | He fired Tooty the Story Lady, too? | 他把故事女王Tooty也炒了吗 |
[12:36] | Very funny, Niles. | 呵呵 Niles |
[12:38] | God, who would have thought | 天啊 谁能相信 |
[12:40] | that getting fired can make one feel so alive? | 被炒了还能让人这么高兴 |
[12:45] | What do you want? Another staring contest, I suppose? | 你想怎样 再来场瞪眼比赛吗 |
[12:50] | Well, you picked the wrong day for that. Boyo. | 好吧 这你挑错日子了 小崽子 |
[12:58] | Take that. | 知道怕了吧 |
[13:01] | – Frasier, what are you doing home? – Oh, well, Dad, brace yourself. | – Frasier 你怎么在家呢 – 哈哈 老爸 听好了 |
[13:05] | The station fired me. So you’ll be seeing me this time every day. | 我被炒了 所以以后每天这时候你都会见到我啦 |
[13:09] | Oh no, that’s terrible. | 哦 不 太糟了 |
[13:12] | – I assume you mean the firing part. – Well, yeah. | – 就当你说的是我被炒这事了 – 哦 对 |
[13:16] | So what happened? | 怎么回事 |
[13:18] | Well, simply what they asked me to violate a principle I believe in | 哼 他们让我违背我的原则 |
[13:22] | and I refused. | 我拒绝了 |
[13:23] | Well, then I’m proud of you. What did they want you to do? | 嗯 我真以你为荣 他们让你干嘛 |
[13:26] | Well, there’s this product called Happy Dreams Teas | 是这样的 有个产品叫快乐梦之茶 |
[13:28] | and they wanted me to say it gives people happy dreams. | 他们想让我说 它能给人带来快乐的梦 |
[13:31] | And? | 然后呢 |
[13:33] | That’s it. I couldn’t make a claim like that. | 没了 我不能说这种话 |
[13:35] | Well, every commercial promises things they can’t deliver. | 每一个广告都会给消费者画大饼 |
[13:38] | That’s what makes it a commercial. | 这才叫广告啊 |
[13:39] | That may be… | 这也许 |
[13:39] | It’s like the cologne that’s supposed to drive women wild. | 就好像那个宣称能让女人疯狂的古龙水广告 |
[13:42] | I used it all my life and | 那古龙水我每天都用 |
[13:44] | never had a single strange woman come on to me. | 也没见哪个陌生女人过来巴着我 |
[13:46] | – Except that year I worked in Vice. – Yes, I understand. | – 除了那年我去卧底 – 是 我知道 |
[13:51] | But that wasn’t about cologne, let me tell you. | 但那才不是因为古龙水 哼 |
[13:53] | Yes, I understand. | 是 我知道 |
[13:55] | – They were hookers. – I realise that! | – 她们是妓女 – 我知道 |
[14:04] | Frasier, don’t be angry with me, but I do have one theory. | Frasier 我想到个理论 但你别生我气 |
[14:08] | Yes, I was wondering when you’d get around to that. | 我还在想你会怎么绕到那去呢 |
[14:10] | So please, just, just allow me. | 拜托 让 让我说 |
[14:12] | I was so ashamed of my chickening out at the rally | 我是觉得那次集会逃跑太丢脸了 |
[14:16] | that I grabbed at the first fight that came my way. | 所以这次 我一遇到斗争就死死抓住 |
[14:20] | It turned out to be the wrong fight | 其实这件事我本不该死命抗争 |
[14:21] | and I needlessly lost my job. | 为了点小事把饭碗丢了 |
[14:23] | So if you follow that theory through to the end, | 所以 如果按那理论来理解 |
[14:26] | this heady feeling of euphoria I’m experiencing right now | 现在我感觉到的强烈快感 |
[14:29] | is frankly nothing more than a deep-seated denial. | 压根儿就是对自己深刻的否定 |
[14:33] | – So have you considered it? – Not for a second. | – 那你考虑过了吗 – 从 没 想 过 |
[14:41] | Hello. | 你好 |
[14:43] | Look, I know I’m the last person you want to see right now. | 我知道你一定非常不愿意见到我 |
[14:45] | But please listen. | 请听我说 |
[14:46] | Since I fired you, I haven’t been able to eat or sleep. | 自从我炒了你 我就茶饭不思夜不能寐 |
[14:49] | Kenny, it’s only been an hour and a half. | Kenny 这才过了一个半小时 |
[14:55] | Well, I’m a napper. | 呃 我是个瞌睡虫 |
[14:59] | I just came to tell you I was wrong. | 我就想说 我做错了 |
[15:01] | All I’ve been able to think about was I just fired a man | 我无法释怀 我居然炒了一个 |
[15:04] | who was willing to go to the mat for his principles. | 为原则奋斗到底的人 |
[15:06] | What does that say about my principles? | 那我的原则又在哪里呢 |
[15:07] | Before I go on, have you had any job offers? | 先问一下 你收到什么工作邀请了吗 |
[15:10] | – He’s had four. – Dad. – Shut up. | – 他刚收到4个 – 爸 – 闭嘴 |
[15:13] | I’m still technically available. | 严格上来说 我还是自由身 |
[15:15] | I’d like you to think about coming back to work tomorrow. | 那我希望你考虑重新回来工作 |
[15:17] | Because the first thing in the morning | 因为明天一早 |
[15:18] | I’m calling the Happy Dreams people | 我就给快乐梦的人打电话 |
[15:19] | and telling them you’re uncomfortable with their ads. | 说他们的广告你不能播 |
[15:21] | At KACL, the talent comes first. | 在我们KACL 主播才是第一位的 |
[15:25] | Well, what can I say but… see you tomorrow. | 我还能说什么呢 明天见吧 |
[15:29] | This is so great. I’m so relieved. You know what. | 这太棒了 真是松了口气 |
[15:33] | Can I buy you a beer just to show we have no hard feelings? | 我能请你喝杯啤酒吗 算是和好了 |
[15:35] | I would love that. As long as | 我很愿意啊 只要之后 |
[15:36] | I don’t have to endorse it afterwards. | 不要让我给他们打广告就行 |
[15:38] | Ow, Ouch! See. | 噢 哎呦 看 |
[15:40] | I guess I had that one coming. Nice meeting you. | 这个是我自找的 很高兴见到你们 |
[15:43] | – See you! – Bye-bye. | – 再见 – 拜拜 |
[15:46] | Good afternoon, Seattle, this is Dr Frasier Crane | 西雅图听众们 下午好 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[15:50] | and I would like to begin today by apologising | 首先我想先道个歉 |
[15:52] | for my abrupt departure from the airwaves yesterday. | 为我昨天突然离席道歉 |
[15:56] | You see, I was embroiled in a conflict with the management. | 昨天我与管理部门起了一点争执 |
[16:01] | I’m happy to report it’s been resolved, | 很高兴告诉大家 现在都已经解决了 |
[16:04] | thanks to the efforts of our new station manager, | 感谢我们新台长的周旋 |
[16:06] | a courageous and principled young man, Ken Daly. | Ken Daly 他是一个有勇气有原则的年轻人 |
[16:09] | I won’t bore you with all the details, | 细节我就不说了 |
[16:11] | but suffice it to say he took on the big guys and won. | 只要说他战胜了大人物就够了 |
[16:17] | Anyway, I apologise for our brief interruption yesterday | 总之 我很抱歉 昨天节目太简短了 |
[16:22] | and I assure you that today’s will be even briefer. | 我保证 今天会 更加简短 |
[16:26] | Roz, let’s go to commercial. | Roz 我们播广告 |
[16:30] | Kenny, what’s going on? | Kenny 发生什么了 |
[16:32] | Actually, it’s the darndest thing. I got fired. | 呃 最糟的事 我被炒了 |
[16:35] | What? Well, how did that happen? | 什么 呃 怎么会这样呢 |
[16:38] | Well, I told the sponsors you wouldn’t be reading their ads. | 我跟赞助商说你不会读他们的广告 |
[16:40] | The next thing I know I’m called into | 接下来 我就被叫到 |
[16:41] | Mr Martin’s office in the Black Tower. | Martin先生在黑塔上的办公室去了 |
[16:44] | I told them sponsors are easier to replace than talent. | 我跟他说赞助商好找 好主播难得 |
[16:47] | He said I was easier to replace than anybody. | 他说电台经理最好找 |
[16:50] | Then he called me a pinhead and took my Coke away. | 然后他说我是木头脑袋 还抢走了我的可乐 |
[16:56] | That’s terrible. | 这太糟了 |
[16:58] | Kenny, I can’t help feeling that this is all my fault. | Kenny 对不起 这都是我的错 |
[17:02] | No no no, these things happen. | 不不不 这些衰事赶上了就是赶上了 |
[17:03] | If I’ve got to get fired sticking up for someone, | 如果我因为力挺谁而被炒鱿鱼 |
[17:05] | I’m just honoured it was for you. | 我很荣幸我力挺的是你 |
[17:08] | At least now I’ll have time to finish building | 至少我现在有时间布置 |
[17:09] | that nursery of my new house. We’re expecting. | 我新房子里的婴儿房了 我太太怀孕了 |
[17:13] | Oh, there’s my wife now. | 哦 我太太发信息给我了 |
[17:14] | She’s gonna get a kick out of this coincidence. | 怎么这么巧 她肯定都不敢相信 |
[17:17] | Me and her getting fired in the same week. | 我和她这周都被炒鱿鱼了 |
[17:19] | – May I? – Of course. | – 我用下电话 – 当然 |
[17:25] | Well we have got to get Kenny’s job back. | 我们必须把Kenny的工作给要回来 |
[17:27] | How are we supposed to do that? | 这我们怎么做啊 |
[17:29] | Well, we’ll just round up all the talent, | 嗯 我们集合各位主播 |
[17:31] | go down to Mr Martin and demand that he rehire Kenny. | 一起去找Martin先生 要他重新聘请Kenny |
[17:35] | Mr Martin owns the station. We can’t give him an ultimatum. | Martin先生是电台老板 我们可威胁不到他 |
[17:38] | But it’s not an ultimatum. Roz. | 但这不是威胁啊 Roz |
[17:39] | We simply appeal to the man’s sense of decency. | 我们只是劝他向善呐 |
[17:41] | You know, Kenny went to bat for me. | 你看 Kenny为了我把工作都丢了 |
[17:42] | We owe him at least that. | 我欠他这个人情 |
[17:44] | You know kenny hasn’t even asked for our help. | Kenny根本都没说让我们帮忙 |
[17:46] | For all we know, he’ll be fine. | 谁知道呢 他会没事的 |
[17:48] | How do you like that? She’s having twins. | 天哪 她怀了双胞胎 |
[17:52] | Heck of a time for me to lose my insurance, huh? | 这时候保险没了真是见鬼 |
[17:56] | Well, you guys take care. | 好吧 你们保重 |
[18:09] | And together I know that we can do this. | 我知道我们一起一定能成 |
[18:11] | The important thing is to present a united front. | 重要的是我们得统一阵线 |
[18:15] | What is the matter with you people? | 你们这些人怎么回事 |
[18:17] | Isn’t it obvious that we’re frightened. | 我们这么害怕还不明显吗 |
[18:19] | – Of what? – Of everything. | – 怕什么啊 – 什么都怕 |
[18:21] | We’re in a building called the Black Tower | 我们现在在黑塔里啊 |
[18:22] | those guards in the lobby must have been seven feet tall | 那些大厅里的保安肯定有2米高 |
[18:26] | And that metal detector thing we had to go through was really scary. | 还有进门那个金属检测器 也十分吓人啊 |
[18:29] | It was even scarier finding out Gil wears an anklet. | 更吓人的是 Gil戴了脚镯 |
[18:31] | Alright, that’s enough. | 好了 你们够了 |
[18:33] | Get off the elevator, all of you! | 你们都出来 |
[18:36] | I’m ashamed of you. Intimidated by a building. | 真丢脸 居然怕区区一幢楼 |
[18:40] | We’re here for Kenny, | 我们是为Kenny来的 |
[18:42] | the man who wants to start KACL daycare, Roz. | 他想在KACL办托儿所啊 Roz |
[18:45] | The man who approved the extra airbrushing charges | 他批准了你为了拍新海报 |
[18:47] | on your new publicity photos, Gil. | 弄头发的额外费用啊 Gil |
[18:50] | And you, Tooty, who was it that | 还有 Tooty 是谁刚给你 |
[18:51] | just doubled the Story Time puppet budget? | 故事节目的玩偶经费加倍的 |
[18:54] | I know Kenny’s a great guy but I met Joe Martin once. | 我知道Kenny是好人 但我见过Joe Martin |
[18:58] | He is a very scary man | 他非常恐怖 |
[19:01] | with eyes as cold as a winter night… | 眼神像冬天的黑夜一样冰冷 |
[19:04] | All right, Tooty. | 好了 Tooty |
[19:08] | Oh, Mr Martin. Hello. | 哦 Martin先生 您好 |
[19:11] | Do you have an appointment? | 你有预约吗 |
[19:12] | Mr. Martian My name is Dr Frasier Crane. | Martin先生 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[19:15] | I am here with some other talent from KACL. | 我和其他一些电台主播 |
[19:17] | My producer, Roz Doyle. | 我的制片人 Roz Doyle |
[19:19] | Gil Chesterton, food critic. | 美食评论家 Gil Chesterton |
[19:20] | Bob Brisco, sports. | 体育解说 Bob Brisco |
[19:21] | Tooty Feingold, the Story Lady. | 故事女王 Tooty Feingold |
[19:23] | Ray Schmidt, the Green Grocer and Miss Judy, arts and crafts. | 健康食品的Ray Schmidt和手工艺人 Judy小姐 |
[19:28] | Sorry, Judy, I don’t know your last name. | 抱歉 Judy 我不知道你姓什么 |
[19:31] | I don’t have time for this. I’m in the middle of a board meeting. Please. | 我现在没空 我正在开董事会呢 请回吧 |
[19:33] | This will only take a moment. Mr. Martin | Martin先生 只要一小会儿 |
[19:35] | This morning you fired Kenny Daly, | 今早 您开除了Kenny Daly |
[19:38] | a wonderful station manager and a man of integrity. | 他真的是位很好的台长 也是正直的人 |
[19:41] | That is a very rare quality in this industry. Mr.Martin. | Mr.Martin 在我们行业 这确实是很罕见的品质 |
[19:44] | I promise you. You fire all the Kenny Dalys, what are you left with? | 你想想 你把Kenny Daly们都开除了 还剩什么 |
[19:47] | A bunch of sycophants and yes-men. Am I right? | 一群马屁精和奉承小人了 我说得对吗 |
[19:49] | – Yes! – You’re right! | – 对 – 你说得太对了 |
[19:53] | Now it would be a great risk to hire Kenny back. | 也许重新聘回Kenny挺冒险的 |
[19:58] | But I am here to tell you a man that stops taking | 但我想说 一个不敢冒险的人 |
[20:01] | risks in life pays a very dear price indeed. | 将来肯定会自食苦果 |
[20:05] | I know whereof I speak. | 关于这个 我最清楚 |
[20:06] | And I can see that I’m getting through to you, | 我看得出 您似乎被我说动了 |
[20:10] | so let me just leave you with one last question. | 那 我再问您最后一个问题 |
[20:15] | What kind of radio station do you want? | 你想要一个怎样的电台 |
[20:20] | You know, Dr Crane. | 你知道吗 Crane医生 |
[20:23] | That is the exact question I’ve been | 整个董事会上 |
[20:25] | asking myself all through that board meeting. | 我就一直在问自己这个问题 |
[20:28] | As you know, our ratings are down, and | 你也知道 我们的收听率下降了 |
[20:30] | the number crunchers in there think they can fix this thing | 里面那些数据狂认为能单靠 |
[20:33] | by sucking up to our sponsors. Well, that’s not what I think. | 巴结赞助商就能解决问题 我可不这么认为 |
[20:38] | Bravo! | 好极了 |
[20:39] | Thanks to you, I’m going with my gut on this one. | 多亏了你 我这次要放手一搏 |
[20:42] | – You bet you are. – I’m going to march right in there | – 太好了 – 我要昂首阔步走进去 |
[20:44] | and tell them we’re doing it my way. | 告诉他们要按我的来 |
[20:46] | No more talk. | 少废话 |
[20:48] | Exactly. Action. | 正是 行动才是王道 |
[20:49] | No, no more talk radio. From this moment on, | 不 取消语言类节目 从现在开始 |
[20:53] | the station is all Latino music, | 电台全放拉丁美洲音乐 |
[20:56] | all the time. | 不干别的了 |
[20:58] | – I beg your pardon? – Thank you, Dr Crane. | – 您说什么 – 谢谢你 Crane医生 |
[21:00] | I’m going back to my roots. | 我找到自己的根了 |
[21:02] | But, just… | 但 但 |
[21:03] | I may have walked out of that meeting | 刚刚我出来的时候 |
[21:05] | Joe Martin, corporate sell-out, | 可能还是集团红人Joe Martin |
[21:07] | but I’m walking back in | 但进去的时候就是 |
[21:09] | Jose Martinez, risk taker. | 冒险家Jose Martinez |
[21:19] | What the hell just happened? | 这到底怎么回事 |
[21:20] | You just got us all fired. | 你把我们的饭碗都丢了 |
[21:22] | – What did you say? – All right, don’t panic! | – 你怎么说 – 好了 好了 别慌张 |