时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Before we begin, I’d like to say how honored I am | 在节目开始之前 我想说 能够接任这个位置 |
[00:12] | to be taking over this spot. | 我感到万分荣幸 |
[00:14] | Obviously, I have some rather big shoes to fill. | 我知道我的任务十分艰巨 |
[00:17] | My predecessor here was much beloved. | 我的上一任深受观众喜爱 |
[00:19] | But I have never been one to shrink from a challenge. | 但是我从来都不是会在挑战面前畏惧的人 |
[00:24] | And I’m sure that we’ll all enjoy | 我也确信 我们能够在这里 我的新家 |
[00:26] | many happy years here together in my new home. | 一起度过很多年的愉快时光 |
[00:30] | Now, today on Medical Minute, | 那么 在今天的<医学时刻>节目中 |
[00:33] | we’re going to be tackling the sticky subject of… | 我们要来解决一个十分棘手的问题 |
[00:35] | Thank you, Dr. Crane. Great audition. | 谢谢你 Crane医生 很棒的试镜 |
[00:38] | Really? That’s all you need? | 真的吗 这样就可以了 |
[00:40] | I think we have a good idea what you’re all about. | 我想我们已经了解了你的风格 |
[00:43] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[00:45] | – We’ll be in touch. – I’m sure you will. | – 我们再联系 – 那肯定的 |
[00:48] | Next, please. | 下一位 |
[00:50] | Oh, formalities. Yes, I understand. | 哦 走程序嘛 我懂的 |
[00:52] | You know, perhaps I’ll just take a walk around the station, | 我应该先到台里随便走走 |
[00:54] | check out the dressing rooms, introduce myself to a few people. | 看看试衣间啊 做做自我介绍啊什么的 |
[00:58] | Say, you know, is there a sign-up list for the softball team? | 对了 现在可以报名垒球队吗 |
[01:02] | I’m sure that Frasier “Slugger” | “强击手”Frasier Crane |
[01:04] | Crane’s gonna be an asset to this station | 能够发光发热的地方 |
[01:06] | in more ways than one. | 可绝不只主播台哦 |
[01:15] | Morning, Frasier. | 早啊 Frasier |
[01:16] | Oh, good morning, Dad. | 哦 早啊 爸 |
[01:18] | Little early for the piano, isn’t it? | 这会儿弹钢琴 是不是有点早啊 |
[01:20] | Yes, I’m sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[01:21] | You know, I woke up this morning | 我早晨一起来就在想 |
[01:22] | thinking about that operetta I’ve been writing. | 这部我正在写的歌剧 |
[01:24] | You know, the one about Robert and Elizabeth Browning. | 就是关于勃朗宁夫妇的这部 |
[01:26] | And I think… Well, I just had to get right to it. | 我就在想 不行 我得立马改改 |
[01:28] | Well, that’s what I get for living in a big city. | 看来这就是我生活在大城市里的代价吧 |
[01:31] | If it’s not the horns waking you up, | 吵醒你的如果不是喇叭声 |
[01:32] | it’s someone writing an operetta about the Brownings. | 那定是有人在写关于勃朗宁夫妇的歌剧 |
[01:35] | Well, you know, I’m pretty sure that I’ve solved the problem. | 好啦 我确信我改好了 |
[01:38] | – Good for you. – But I’d have to hear it to be sure. | – 挺好嘛 – 但是我必须得听听看才能确定 |
[01:41] | – I’ll bet. – Dad? | – 我想也是 – 爸 |
[01:41] | – Forget it. – Come on. | – 不可能 – 来嘛 |
[01:42] | No, no, no, I’ve done it once, that’s enough. | 不不不 我唱过一回了 绝不再唱 |
[01:44] | Come on, dad, it’ll just take a minute. | 来嘛 爸 只用一分钟 |
[01:46] | – I just want to do this one section. – Oh, all right. | – 就唱一小节 – 好吧 |
[01:49] | But I’m not doing the accent. | 不过我才不要模仿英国口音 |
[01:50] | That’s fine. | 没问题 |
[01:52] | All right, we’ll take it from right here. | 好的 我们就从这里开始 |
[01:55] | – Fine. – All right. | – 行 – 好的 |
[01:56] | *What is it that you feel?* | *这种感觉是什么* |
[01:58] | *Love* | *爱* |
[02:00] | *That fear makes you conceal* | *它让你望而却步* |
[02:02] | *Love* | *爱* |
[02:03] | *The power’s there to heal* | *治愈一切的力量* |
[02:05] | *Love* | *爱* |
[02:07] | *Reveal!* | *表明吧* |
[02:10] | – *Take me in your arms…* – I’m not doing this. | – *将我拥入你的怀中* – 我不唱了 |
[02:13] | All right, I’ll just sing it with Niles later. | 好吧 我等会叫Niles跟我唱好了 |
[02:15] | Oh, that’ll cheer me up. | 哦 那我可真”开心” |
[02:17] | Dad, be careful of those sketches there. | 爸 别动那些图纸 |
[02:18] | Sketches? | 图纸 |
[02:19] | Yes, you know, I’ve been planning on redecorating the apartment. | 对啊 我打算重新装修一下咱家 |
[02:22] | I thought why not just design my own furniture? | 我就想着 为什么不自己设计家具呢 |
[02:24] | Boy, Frasier, you know, | 嚯 Frasier |
[02:25] | you’ve been taking on a lot of big projects lately. | 你最近忙的可都是大项目啊 |
[02:28] | Well, Dad, you see, any moment | 爸 你看 电话随时可能响起 |
[02:29] | that phone is going to ring with another job offer, | 随之而来的是一份工作邀请 |
[02:32] | and this blessed little hiatus will be over. | 那样我的美好小假期就会结束了 |
[02:34] | I want to have achieved | 我是想抓紧时间尽可能多的 |
[02:35] | as many of my life’s ambitions as possible. | 实现我的人生理想啊 |
[02:37] | Gee, Dad, you know, frankly, you should take up a project or two. | 爸 其实你也应该找点事情做 |
[02:40] | Me? What are you talking about? I’m doing stuff all the time. | 我 你说什么呢 我一直有事做啊 |
[02:42] | Well just this weekend, I taught Eddie a great new trick. | 就这个周末 我刚教会Eddie一个新花样 |
[02:45] | – Really? – Come here, boy. Yeah, I’ll show you. | – 是吗 – 过来 宝贝 我给你展示展示 |
[02:47] | It starts out: I point a gun at him. | 开始是这样的 我用枪指着他 |
[02:50] | I like it so far. | 不错 我喜欢 |
[02:52] | Then I say, “Freeze, punk, it’s all over.” | 然后我说 “不许动 小兔崽子 都结束了” |
[03:00] | It’s all over. | “都结束了” |
[03:02] | Oh, come on, Eddie, you’re supposed to go like this. | 哦 不是吧 Eddie 你应该这样躺倒的 |
[03:07] | Well done, Dad. | 干得漂亮 爸 |
[03:08] | Now you just have to teach Eddie to say, “It’s all over.” | 现在你只需要教会Eddie说 “都结束了” |
[03:12] | – Can someone help me here? – What is all that? | – 谁能帮我一下吗 – 你拿了一堆什么啊 |
[03:15] | Some books Dr. Crane sent me to get from the storage space. | Crane医生让我从储藏室拿的一些书 |
[03:18] | It’s research I’m doing for a novel I’m planning. | 是我为写小说所做的研究 |
[03:21] | Gee, Daphne, I was beginning to wonder what was taking you so long. | 天 Daphne 我都开始纳闷你怎么去了这么久 |
[03:23] | Well, forgive me, but I did have to move three crates, | 抱歉啊 我得先搬开三个箱子 |
[03:27] | a rowing machine and a cast-iron bathtub out of the way first. | 一个划船健身器和一个生铁浴缸 |
[03:30] | Oh, look at that, the only | 哦 看啊 我真正需要的那本书 |
[03:31] | book I really wanted was in the shelf already. | 其实就在书架上 |
[03:33] | Here, Daphne, you’ll have to take these back down. | 来 Daphne 你得把这些书再搬回去 |
[03:35] | Oh, my God, that’s my duck! | 天呐 我的鸭子熟了 |
[03:38] | All right. Thank you, Daphne. | 好吧 谢了 Daphne |
[03:40] | When you’re done, I need you to run some errands for me. | 你都弄好了之后 我需要你再帮我些忙 |
[03:42] | I need a very sturdy lemon zester, | 我需要一个坚固的柠檬剥皮器 |
[03:44] | some more music paper, some potting soil and an easel. | 一些五线谱纸 盆栽土 还有一个画架 |
[03:47] | Oh, be happy to. | 哦 好的呀 |
[03:49] | Then after that, maybe I could draw a bath, | 之后我是不是还得画个浴缸 |
[03:51] | strip you naked and scrub you with a loofah. | 帮你宽衣 再拿个浴花给你搓搓背啊 |
[03:53] | – Would that be all right, Dr. Crane? – Yes. | – 怎么样 Crane医生 – 要的要的 |
[03:57] | I didn’t even see you standing there. | 我都没看见你站在这 |
[04:00] | – Niles, can I talk to you about something? – Yeah, just a second, Dad. | – Niles 我能跟你说点事吗 – 好 稍等一下哈 爸 |
[04:09] | Okay. | 好了 |
[04:11] | Well, it’s about Frasier. | 是关于Frasier的 |
[04:13] | Ever since he got fired, he’s been so weird. | 自从被解雇之后 他变得可奇怪了 |
[04:16] | All these projects he’s got going. | 一天天忙些不着调的 |
[04:18] | Yeah, don’t worry, it’s normal. He’s simply in a state of denial. | 没事 别担心 这很正常 他只是处在否认期而已 |
[04:20] | – Denial about what? – About getting fired. | – 否认啥啊 – 被解雇啊 |
[04:23] | People like Frasier’s whole identity revolves around their job. | 对Frasier这样的人来说 工作是一切身份地位的中心 |
[04:26] | The loss of the job is like a… Like a death. | 失去工作对他来说就像 面对死亡一样 |
[04:29] | And they cope with it the same way they would with a death, | 然后他们也如同面对死亡一样来应对 |
[04:31] | by going through a series of stages. The first one’s denial. | 经历不同的几个阶段 第一个就是否认期 |
[04:34] | Usually, that’s followed by anger, then… | 通常 下一阶段是愤怒 然后是 |
[04:36] | I’ve done it! Escoffier’s most difficult dish, | 我成功了 Escoffier最难的一道菜 |
[04:39] | done to tangy perfection. | 简直太完美了 |
[04:41] | You know, sometimes I think I may have missed my calling | 有时候我就觉得我不去做大厨 |
[04:43] | not becoming a gourmet chef. | 绝对是选错了行 |
[04:45] | – I see we’re still in stage one. – Hello, Niles. | – 看来还在第一阶段呢 – 嗨 Niles |
[04:49] | Hey, Frasier, you ready for our squash date? | 嗨 Frasier 准备好去打壁球了吗 |
[04:51] | Oh, gosh, I’m so sorry. | 哦 天 不好意思啊 |
[04:52] | I’m gonna have to cancel. I’ll be cooking all morning. | 我不得不取消了 我早晨一直在做饭 |
[04:54] | – What for? – Well, actually, I’m holding a little picnic | – 为啥 – 其实 我要为KACL台的员工 |
[04:57] | for the KACL employees and their families. | 和他们的家人举办一次野餐 |
[04:59] | As you may recall, I did get them all fired. | 你或许还记得 我害他们都被解雇了 |
[05:02] | So I was just hoping to make amends | 所以我想 用一些香煎橙汁鸭胸 |
[05:05] | by serving up a little Duck a I’Orange and an alfresco mea culpa. | 和一份户外的道歉 来作补偿 |
[05:08] | You know, people like chips at a picnic too. | 人们野餐的时候也喜欢吃薯片的 |
[05:12] | Excuse me. Hello? | 抱歉 你好 |
[05:14] | Ah, yes, Bebe. | 啊 是我 Bebe |
[05:16] | Yes. Yes, the television job. | 对 对 那档电视节目 |
[05:18] | Oh, yes, yes. | 哦 对 对 |
[05:19] | Oh, what a relief. | 哦 真是松了口气啊 |
[05:22] | Thank you. Bye-bye. | 谢谢你 拜拜 |
[05:25] | – You got it? – No, thank goodness. | – 录取你了 – 没有 谢天谢地 |
[05:27] | That job starts tomorrow. I have got things to do. | 这工作明天就要开始 我还有很多事要做呢 |
[05:30] | Oh, I’m sorry, Frasier. | 太遗憾了 Frasier |
[05:32] | Sorry? My God, you sound just like Dad. | 遗憾 上帝啊 你咋听上去像老爸似的 |
[05:35] | I am going to get another job. The people of this city need me. | 我会找到工作的 这个城市的人民需要我 |
[05:38] | I’m a beloved Seattle institution. | 我是受到西雅图敬爱的名人 |
[05:40] | Couple of more days like this, | 再这样下去 不用多久 |
[05:41] | he’s gonna be in a beloved Seattle institution. | 他就得进西雅图关爱机构里去了 |
[05:48] | Hey, doc. Roz. Wait till you hear this. | 嘿 医生 Roz 告诉你俩个事儿哈 |
[05:52] | – I got a job today. – Really? | – 我今天找到工作啦 – 是嘛 |
[05:54] | – Oh, my God. – Good, good. | – 哦 天呐 – 真好 真不错 |
[05:55] | – You ought to rub me for good luck. – Where? | – 你应给给我按按摩沾点喜气 – 哪儿啊 |
[05:57] | Well, start on my knee. Work your way up. | 从膝盖开始吧 一路往上 |
[06:00] | Where’s the job? | 我是问在哪儿工作啊 |
[06:01] | Oh, oh, oh, it’s that new all-sports station. | 哦 哦 哦 是一个新的体育台 |
[06:04] | I got the breakfast slot. | 我负责早餐时段 |
[06:06] | I even came up with a slogan: | 我口号都想好了 |
[06:07] | “Coffee, eggs and Bulldog.” | “咖啡 鸡蛋 还有Bulldog” |
[06:11] | Sounds like some sort of a Malaysian Happy Meal. | 听上去像是个马来西亚欢乐套餐什么的 |
[06:15] | A word of caution on the hummus: | 这个鹰嘴豆泥你们可得小心点吃啊 |
[06:18] | To be avoided, as a leper would avoid a Magic Teacup ride. | 要像麻风病人避开旋转杯一样避开它 |
[06:22] | Gil, Frasier made that. | Gil 这是Frasier做的 |
[06:23] | – Oh, I’m so sorry. – It’s quite all right. I understand. | – 哦 真抱歉 – 没事 我理解的 |
[06:27] | You need to flex your critical muscles while you’re between jobs. | 虽然处于无业期 也得锻炼”批评肌” |
[06:30] | Oh, good. Then you might enjoy this one: | 是啊 你听这个怎么样 |
[06:32] | After sampling your unnuanced baba ganoush, | 尝过了你没什么特点的开胃菜之后 |
[06:35] | I was tempted to describe your entire Middle Eastern buffet | 我想要把你这一顿中东风格的餐宴描述为 |
[06:38] | as “The Sorrow and the Pita.” | “皮塔饼卷忧伤” |
[06:40] | Oh, who’s got a pencil? I’ve got to write that one down. | 谁有笔啊 我得把这句记下来 |
[06:43] | – Hi, everybody. – Oh, Tooty. | – 大家好呀 – 啊 Tooty |
[06:45] | – Hey. – I just got the most exciting news today. | – 嘿 – 我刚得到一个特别好的消息 |
[06:49] | They just picked up my Storytime Theatre on public television. | 我的童话剧场要被搬上电视啦 |
[06:52] | – Hey, all right. – That’s wonderful. | – 嘿 真不错 – 太棒了 |
[06:54] | Talk about living happily ever after, huh? Ka-ching! | 从此以后就幸福地生活着啦 哈哈 |
[06:59] | – Hey, Dr. Crane. – Oh, well, Kenny. | – 嘿 Crane医生 – 嘿 Kenny |
[07:02] | Great party. Oh, by the way, | 聚会不错嘛 对了 |
[07:04] | I picked something up for you on my way to work today. | 我上班路上给你带了点东西 |
[07:07] | – Work? – Yeah, yeah. | – 上班 – 对啊 |
[07:08] | They took me back at my old job: | 我回到原来的单位去了 |
[07:10] | Anyway, I was passing the bus stop and… | 总之就是 我路过公交车站的时候 |
[07:14] | Excuse me a second. | 抱歉 |
[07:18] | Anyway, they were about to paper over your poster, | 总之就是 他们要覆盖掉你的海报 |
[07:20] | so I peeled it off for you. | 我就把它揭了下来 送给你 |
[07:22] | Well, that is quite a keepsake. | 哇 这真是个不错的纪念品啊 |
[07:25] | Don’t mention it. | 不足挂齿啦 |
[07:26] | By the way, the poster | 对了 在你这张下面的海报是 |
[07:27] | under yours was an old radio guy, Dr. Earl? | 一个之前的电台主持 Earl医生 |
[07:29] | Who was he again? | 他是谁来着 |
[07:31] | You know, I’m sorry, I don’t recall. | 不好意思 我还真记不得了 |
[07:33] | Yeah, I’m the same way. | 是啊 我也是 |
[07:34] | Once they’re off the air, who remembers? | 一旦不主持节目了 谁还记得他啊 |
[07:38] | Do you realize we’re the only people here | 你有没有意识到 除了咱俩 |
[07:39] | – without a job? – Roz… | – 别人都找到工作了 – Roz |
[07:42] | If we don’t get this Talk 100 spot, there may not be any left. | 如果我们不把Talk 100拿下 就没别的职位了 |
[07:44] | Roz, I’ve told you we have nothing to worry about. | Roz 我告诉过你的 咱不用担心 |
[07:47] | Now, come on. Everyone? | 放松啦 各位 |
[07:49] | If I could have your attention, please. | 请借我一分钟 |
[07:51] | We, of course, have planned | 我们 当然了 为今天的聚会 |
[07:52] | some activities for today’s little get-together. | 准备了一些小小的活动 |
[07:55] | And I’d like to start with one for the children. | 首先从小朋友们开始吧 |
[07:57] | Now, what we have here is an authentic Mexican pinata. | 这是一个墨西哥皮纳塔 |
[08:02] | The object is to take the stick and give it a little whack… | 我们要做的就是拿个棍子轻轻敲它 |
[08:09] | Bravo for me. I just got the Talk 100 job. | 给我点掌声吧 我拿到Talk 100的工作啦 |
[08:14] | Oh, well, good for you, Gil. | 真不错啊 Gil |
[08:19] | Yes, you’re gonna wanna give this little fellow a good crack. | 是啊 你呢 得好好地敲敲这家伙 |
[08:24] | Otherwise… You know, maybe I better get this started for you. | 不然呢 得了 还是我替你来吧 |
[08:27] | Otherwise, the candy will never come out. | 不然 糖果是不可能出来的 |
[08:30] | And everybody knows keeping something locked up inside | 人人都知道 把东西自己藏着 |
[08:34] | is never good for anyone, is it? | 可一点好处都没有 是不是 |
[08:49] | Hello? | 你好 |
[08:52] | Yes, Bebe. We did hear the news. | 是的 Bebe 我们听说了 |
[08:54] | And how thrilling for Gil. | Gil可激动了 |
[08:57] | Could you hold, please? | 稍等一下好吗 |
[09:09] | *What is this I feel?* | *这种感觉是什么* |
[09:11] | *Love* | *爱* |
[09:13] | *That fear makes me conceal* | *它让我望而却步* |
[09:15] | *Love* | *爱* |
[09:17] | Dad? | 爸 |
[09:18] | Was I doing it again? | 我又唱了是吗 |
[09:21] | Was I doing it before Mrs. Walsh got off? | Walsh夫人出电梯之前我唱了没 |
[09:23] | That’s why Mrs. Walsh got off. | 就是因为你唱 人家才走的 |
[09:26] | – So how’s Frasier doing? – Oh, he’s getting weirder. | – Frasier最近怎么样了 – 更怪了 |
[09:29] | He beat up a pinata yesterday. | 他昨天打了一个皮纳塔 |
[09:32] | Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do to a pinata? | 皮纳塔不就是用来打的吗 |
[09:33] | Not like this. | 那也不至于暴揍啊 |
[09:35] | They found a jawbreaker on the other side of the highway. | 他把一块硬糖打到了高速路的另一边 |
[09:39] | Oh, well, this is good. | 哇 这挺好的啊 |
[09:40] | It means he’s reached the anger stage. | 说明他到了愤怒期了 |
[09:42] | In due course, he’ll go through bargaining, | 接下来 他会依次经历讨价还价期 |
[09:44] | – depression and finally acceptance. – What’s bargaining? | – 抑郁期 最后是接受期 – 啥是讨价还价期 |
[09:47] | It’s like when a person | 就好像一个人跟上帝讨价还价 |
[09:48] | makes a deal with God to spare their life. | 以请求多活一阵 |
[09:51] | Oh, yeah, I know all about that. | 哦 这样啊 我完全了解 |
[09:54] | I remember right after I got shot, I said: | 我还记得我刚中枪那会 我曾经说 |
[09:56] | “God, if I promise never to drink another bottle of Ballantine’s, | “神呐 要是我承诺 以后一瓶百龄坛也不喝了 |
[09:59] | will you let me get through this?” | 您能饶过我这一回吗” |
[10:02] | – Dad, you still drink Ballantine’s. – Not in bottles, baby. | – 爸 您还是在喝百龄坛啊 – 不用瓶了啊 孩子 |
[10:08] | Ah, you’re just in time. I’m throwing a party for my fan club. | 啊 回来的正是时候 我要为粉丝团办个派对 |
[10:12] | Here? | 在这吗 |
[10:13] | Is there some problem with the bridge they normally meet under? | 他们通常接头的那个桥洞咋了 |
[10:17] | Very amusing, Niles. | 真逗 Niles |
[10:20] | You see, I’ve been doing a lot of soul-searching lately, | 我最近一直在自我深省 |
[10:26] | and last night, I did something | 昨晚 我更是做了一件 |
[10:30] | I haven’t done since I was a very little boy. | 从少年时期起就再也没做过的事 |
[10:33] | I got down on my knees at my bedside, and I prayed for guidance. | 我跪在我的床边 向神明请求指引 |
[10:41] | And I asked God: | 我问上帝 |
[10:44] | “What can I do to get my old life back?” | “我该怎样做 才能找回我原有的生活” |
[10:48] | And the answer came: | 答案就是 |
[10:51] | “Take better care of your fans.” | “多关心你的粉丝” |
[11:02] | – God told you that? – Yes. | – 这是神告诉你的 – 对啊 |
[11:06] | I have taken my public for granted. | 我一直将我的名声视为理所应当 |
[11:09] | I take weeks before I answer my fan mail, if I answer it at all. | 隔好几周才回复粉丝的来信 或者根本不回 |
[11:15] | I’ve been a bad celebrity. | 我真是个不称职的名人 |
[11:19] | – But no more. – I didn’t even know you had a fan club. | – 但今后不会了 – 我都不知道你还有个粉丝团 |
[11:23] | Well, actually, they meet on the Internet, | 其实他们是在网上组建的 |
[11:26] | and I visited their website yesterday for the first time. | 我昨天第一次浏览了网站 |
[11:30] | Bad celebrity. | 不称职的名人啊 |
[11:33] | But I invited them all here, and you know what? | 不过我把他们全都邀请来了 而且你们知道吗 |
[11:35] | They were so grateful that before long, | 他们都特别的感激 |
[11:36] | I mean, my God, suddenly they were proposing | 我天 他们突然就提议要为了我 |
[11:38] | that they hold a massive rally in my honor | 举办一个大规模的集会 |
[11:40] | demanding that I return to the airwaves. | 以要求我重回广播界 |
[11:41] | You know, I think it’s safe to say | 我觉得 可以这么说 |
[11:44] | that someone is already working in mysterious ways. | 某些人已经开始暗中帮我了 |
[11:49] | Someone sure as hell is. | 确实有某些人在帮你啊 |
[11:52] | Some of the crab puffs, Dr. Crane? | 来点蟹肉泡芙吗 Crane医生 |
[11:54] | No, no, thank you. Just keep those away from me. | 不 不了 谢谢 让那玩意离我远点 |
[11:56] | Won’t be long before I’m back in the public eye, | 我很快就会重回公众视野了 |
[11:57] | and I’ve got to remain fighting trim. | 我得保持作战体形 |
[12:00] | – Oh, Daphne. – What you got there? | – Daphne – 你拿的什么啊 |
[12:02] | Just a box of Dr. Crane’s publicity photos | 从储藏室拿的一箱 |
[12:04] | from the storage cubby. | Crane医生的宣传照片 |
[12:06] | – Thank you. – This flashlight sure came in handy. | – 谢谢 – 这个手电筒可真是帮大忙了 |
[12:08] | Helped me to find that | 帮我从旧书架最上面 |
[12:09] | box way up on the top of that old bookcase. | 找到了这个箱子 |
[12:12] | And when that thing flew in my hair, | 有虫子飞到了我的头发里 |
[12:14] | I had something to beat it to death with. | 这还是个趁手的家伙什儿 |
[12:20] | Oh, good Lord, our first arrivals. | 哦 上帝啊 第一批粉丝到了 |
[12:21] | God, I’ve got to check the food. | 天 我得去看看吃的怎么样了 |
[12:23] | Daphne, will you run to the store for me? | Daphne 你再去一趟储藏室好吗 |
[12:24] | I need felt tip pens to sign these pictures with, do you mind? | 我需要墨水笔来给那些照片签名 |
[12:27] | Sure. What else have I got to do? | 没问题 还有别的事吗 |
[12:31] | Hi, Daphne. It’s Daphne. | 嗨 Daphne 是Daphne诶 |
[12:34] | Hello. Have we met? | 你们好 我们见过吗 |
[12:36] | – We know you from the magazine. – April ’96, Seattle Monthly. | – 我们在杂志上见过你 – 96年四月 西雅图月刊 |
[12:39] | “At Home With Dr. Frasier Crane.” | “在Frasier Crane医生的家” |
[12:41] | You wore an orange-flowered dress. | 你穿的是橘黄色带花的裙子 |
[12:43] | And your hair was different then. | 你那时的发型也不太一样 |
[12:44] | Oh, how creepy. Do come in. | 哦 听着真瘆人 快进来吧 |
[12:48] | Come in. Come in. | 请进请进 |
[12:51] | – I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. – Wow, hi. | – 我是Frasier Crane医生 – 哇 嗨 |
[12:54] | – Hello. – Doris Buckley. | – 你好 – 我是Doris Buckley |
[12:55] | – Doris. – Aaron Fitch. | – Doris – 我是Aaron Fitch |
[12:57] | Aaron. Oh, it’s such a pleasure to meet you. | Aaron 哦 见到你们真开心 |
[12:59] | You know, perhaps I should introduce these people to you. | 我给你们介绍一下 |
[13:02] | We know who they are. | 我们知道他们是谁的 |
[13:03] | And now where we live. | 现在连我们住哪都知道了 |
[13:07] | Oh, don’t be shy. | 别害羞 |
[13:09] | – Come in, come in. – This is great. | – 快请进 快请进 – 太好了 |
[13:11] | This is great. | 太好了 |
[13:14] | I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 很高兴见到你 |
[13:15] | This is great. This is great. | 太好了 太好了 |
[13:22] | It’s cool, isn’t it? Your brother having his own club. | 多酷啊 你哥哥都有自己的粉丝团了 |
[13:25] | Yeah, well, seeing all of you, | 是啊 看到你们 |
[13:26] | I sort of wish I had a club myself. | 我也有点想要拥有自己的粉丝团了 |
[13:33] | You know, perhaps you’d like to fill out these name tags. | 要不你们填下名牌 |
[13:35] | – We’ll wait for everyone else to come. – Who else is coming? | – 我们再等等其他人 – 还有谁要来啊 |
[13:38] | Well, the rest of the fan club. | 粉丝团里的其他人啊 |
[13:39] | This is the fan club, the three of us. | 这就是粉丝团啊 就我们仨 |
[13:42] | Well, I’ll be off to get those pens now. | 我该去给你拿笔了 |
[13:48] | You know, perhaps you should all help yourself to some food. | 你们可以去拿点吃的啊 |
[13:51] | Niles, may I have a word with you, please? | Niles 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[13:56] | Niles Niles! | |
[14:03] | I can’t let them hold that rally. | 我不能让他们搞那个集会 |
[14:04] | Three kooks marching around in a circle. | 三个怪人围一圈转来转去 |
[14:06] | Do you know what that will do? | 你知道那会怎么样吗 |
[14:07] | Make them very dizzy very fast. | 很快他们就会晕的 |
[14:10] | Make me a laughingstock. | 会让我变成一个笑柄 |
[14:11] | I’ll never work in this town again. I’ve got to stop them. | 我再也别想在这城市里工作了 我得阻止他们 |
[14:14] | Sorry to interrupt, but I need to carve the second turkey. | 抱歉打扰了 但是我得切第二只火鸡了 |
[14:18] | No fighting over drumsticks at this party. | 今天不许抢火鸡腿哦 |
[14:20] | Stop it. | 闭嘴吧你 |
[14:21] | How’s everyone out here? | 大家怎么样啦 |
[14:23] | Great. We were just talking about the rally. | 不错啊 我们正在讨论集会呢 |
[14:25] | Really? Dad, I’m glad you brought that up. | 是吗 爸 很高兴你提起了这茬 |
[14:26] | They had it this afternoon. | 他们今天下午去的 |
[14:27] | – Right in front of city hall. – It couldn’t have gone better. | – 就在市政厅门前 – 简直是棒到家了 |
[14:29] | George even stopped traffic by | George在马路中间 躺在一个心理医生的 |
[14:31] | lying across the road on a psychiatrist’s couch. | 沙发里 交通都堵塞了 |
[14:34] | – The cameramen sure loved that. – Cameramen? | – 摄像师肯定特喜欢 – 摄像师 |
[14:37] | Oh, what are we doing? It’s almost time for the 6:00 news. | 我们这是干嘛呢 六点的新闻马上就开始了 |
[14:39] | You’re gonna love this, Dr. Crane. | 你肯定会喜欢的 Crane医生 |
[14:41] | – Excuse me, what have you got there? – Still the crab puffs. | – 打扰一下 有什么吃的吗 – 还是蟹肉泡芙 |
[14:43] | Shall I get you something else? | 还想要点别的吗 |
[14:44] | Yes, please, bring me spring rolls. | 好呀 给我拿点春卷吧 谢谢 |
[14:48] | Now, on the lighter side, did you ever ask yourself | 从积极的角度来说 好歹他们的集会 |
[14:51] | what if they held a rally and nobody came? | 还是有人参与了的 |
[14:55] | This is great. This is great. | 太好了 太好了 |
[14:59] | Eighty-six the spring rolls. Bring me the freaking turkey. | 不要春卷了 把那该死的火鸡给我端来 |
[15:11] | – Frasier? – Yeah, Dad. | – Frasier – 嗯 爸 |
[15:13] | You think we could talk for a second in the living room? | 我们去客厅聊聊好不好啊 |
[15:15] | Yeah, sure. Gee, sounds kind of serious. | 好啊 当然可以啊 天 咋听着这么严肃呢 |
[15:19] | – Yeah, it is, kind of. – Well, what is it? | – 对啊 是有点 – 怎么了 |
[15:23] | Oh, Roz, I didn’t hear you come in. | 哦 Roz 我没听见你进来 |
[15:25] | I think you had the blender going. | 你当时开着搅拌机呢 |
[15:29] | Frasier, we were wondering, do you think you might be depressed? | Frasier 我们想知道 你觉不觉得自己有点抑郁 |
[15:34] | Depressed? | 抑郁 |
[15:36] | Well, we’ve all noticed that you’ve put on weight lately. | 我们都发现你最近体重有些上涨 |
[15:39] | We’re worried that you might be eating obsessively. | 我们担心你有点暴饮暴食了 |
[15:42] | Oh, maybe I’ve gained a pound or two, | 哦 我可能是胖了那么一两磅吧 |
[15:44] | but it’s nothing I can’t handle. | 但这也没什么啊 |
[15:46] | So you think you’ve got everything under control? | 所以你觉得一切都在掌控之中是吧 |
[15:48] | – Absolutely. – It’s time, Roz. | – 当然了 – 是时候了 Roz |
[15:51] | Remember when I had that babysitter who was stealing from me, | 你还记得我请的保姆偷我的东西 |
[15:54] | so I had to put in the hidden camera? | 所以我不得不装个隐蔽摄像头吗 |
[15:56] | Yes. | 记得啊 |
[15:57] | And you remember when you babysat for me? | 那你还记得你帮我带孩子的事儿吗 |
[16:00] | – What about it? – Just watch this. | – 怎么啦 – 看看这个吧 |
[16:04] | Well, I think it’s mealtime, baby Alice. | 吃饭时间到啦 Alice宝贝 |
[16:07] | Let’s see what’s on tonight’s menu. | 我们来看看晚餐的菜单 |
[16:10] | Oh, yes, strained beef and lima beans. | 哦 是牛肉泥和利马豆啊 |
[16:13] | All right, point taken, I’ve put on a pound or two. | 好啦 我明白你们的意思了 我是胖了一两磅 |
[16:17] | But the camera adds ten. | 但是这摄像头给我拍肥了十磅 |
[16:19] | Open up. Come on. | 张嘴 来 |
[16:21] | Come on, come on. | 吃一口 吃呀 |
[16:24] | You know, it’s very good. Here, I’ll show you, here. | 特别好吃 来 我吃给你看看 |
[16:29] | Oh, my. All right, now it’s your turn. | 哦 太好吃了 好了 该你啦 |
[16:31] | Now, come on. No? | 来 吃吧 不吃吗 |
[16:34] | Still? Well, you know, that’s not even a proper spoonful. | 真不吃 这一勺不够满 |
[16:37] | Let’s get you a full one. | 我们给你满满一勺 |
[16:42] | That’s a nice big one. | 这一大勺可真好吃 |
[16:43] | You know what? Let’s try something else. | 这样吧 我们来吃点别的 |
[16:46] | How about some pureed chicken and yams? | 鸡肉蓉和芍药泥怎么样 |
[16:50] | This looks very good. Now, here we are. | 看起来很好吃啊 来 |
[16:53] | All right, here we go. Come on, open up, open up. | 来 吃一口 张嘴 来 |
[16:59] | No? Well, if you’re not hungry, you’re not hungry. | 还是不吃吗 好吧 你要是不饿 那就不吃吧 |
[17:02] | Oh, my. | 哦 天 |
[17:04] | Wow, it’s actually pretty good together. Let’s try that. | 一起吃还挺搭的啊 我们来试试 |
[17:11] | What’s that you have in your sippy cup there? | 你的奶瓶里是什么呀 |
[17:13] | – Is that apple juice? – Oh, all right, enough, turn it off. | – 是苹果汁吗 – 行了 够了吧 快关掉 |
[17:17] | Well, I guess maybe you’re right. I am depressed. | 或许你们说的对 我是抑郁了 |
[17:19] | What of it? | 那又怎么样 |
[17:21] | Well, we’re just trying to help you to get to, | 我们只是想帮你 |
[17:22] | you know, the next stage. | 进入下一阶段 |
[17:24] | – Stage of what? – Frasier… | – 什么阶段 – Frasier |
[17:28] | I think you’re dealing with the | 你对待你丢了工作这件事 |
[17:29] | loss of your job as many people do with a death. | 就像很多人对待死亡一样 |
[17:31] | Only you’ve got yourself stalled in depression. | 只是你把自己困在了抑郁这个阶段 |
[17:34] | And I think you’re gonna stay there | 你可能会一直处于这个阶段 |
[17:35] | until you let yourself grieve for everything you’ve lost. | 如果你不为自己失去的一切而难过的话 |
[17:39] | Your job, your friends. The money, your reputation… | 你的工作 你的朋友 你的钱 你的名声 |
[17:47] | You’ve gotta let it out, Frasier. | 你需要发泄出来 Frasier |
[17:51] | Well, I thank you all very much for your concern, | 我真是谢谢你们这么关心我啊 |
[17:54] | but you know what? | 但是你们知道吗 |
[17:55] | If I was repressing anything, I would certainly know it. | 要是我在压抑什么 我自己会很清楚 |
[18:01] | The only thing I need to let out | 唯一需要我拿出(发泄)的 |
[18:03] | are these so-called big-and-tall lounge pants. | 就是这些所谓的宽松肥大的居家裤 |
[18:08] | – Well, that went well. – Yeah. | – 进行的不错 – 是啊 |
[18:10] | – Well, we gave it a shot. – What will we do now? | – 起码我们试过了 – 现在该怎么办啊 |
[18:12] | Well, we can’t push him. If he’s not ready, he’s not ready. | 我们不能逼他 他没准备好 也没办法 |
[18:17] | – What was that? – Was that Frasier? | – 什么声音 – 是Frasier吗 |
[18:20] | If anyone’s hungry, | 要是有谁饿了的话 |
[18:22] | there’s a freshly made Monte Cristo in the waffle press. | 厨房的华夫饼铛里有刚做好的三明治 |
[18:26] | Oh, great. Thanks, Fras. | 好的 谢谢你 Frasier |
[18:29] | Dr. Crane, you all right? | Crane医生 你没事吧 |
[18:32] | – Yes. – Are you sure? | – 没事 – 你确定 |
[18:34] | I’m quite sure. | 十分确定 |
[18:38] | Frasier, you’re not famous anymore. | Frasier 你不再是明星了 |
[18:46] | What the hell did you do that for? | 你干嘛要说这个啊 |
[18:48] | No, no, Dad, he needed a push. | 不 不是 爸 他得被推一把 |
[18:49] | Yeah? Well, look at him. | 是吗 你看看他现在这个样子 |
[18:50] | – This can’t be good. – No, it is good. | – 这可不好啊 – 不 这挺好的 |
[18:52] | Let it all out, Frasier. | 都发泄出来吧 Frasier |
[18:54] | Let it all out. That’s good. That’s right, Frasier. | 全都发泄出来就好了 好的 很好 Frasier |
[18:56] | Let it out. Okay. | 发泄出来 没事的 |
[18:58] | Okay. All right. | 好了 没事的 |
[19:02] | Yeah, I think that’s probably enough now. | 可以了 我觉得差不多可以了 |
[19:04] | Okay. | 好了 |
[19:06] | – How much more can be in there? – Okay. | – 还得发泄多少啊 – 好了 |
[19:09] | Okay. All right. | 好了 没事的 |
[19:11] | Yeah, that’s probably enough now. | 够了 差不多够了 |
[19:13] | Okay. I don’t think I can get him to stop. | 好了 我好像没法让他停下来了 |
[19:16] | – But this is sickening. – Yeah, what are we gonna do? | – 这可够遭人烦的啊 – 是啊 我们该怎么办 |
[19:18] | Somebody get that Monte Cristo in here. | 谁去把厨房里的三明治拿来 |
[19:23] | Frasier, it’s all in how you look at things. | Frasier 这全都取决于你看待事情的角度 |
[19:25] | Look at my life. | 看看我的人生吧 |
[19:27] | No career, no relationship, no hope… | 没工作 没对象 没有希望 |
[19:31] | You can say the same thing about me. | 你也可以对我说一样的话 |
[19:33] | I was talking about you. | 我说的就是你啊 |
[19:37] | Dr. Crane, my Grammy Moon had a saying… | Crane医生 Moon奶奶说过 |
[19:41] | What are you trying to do, kill him? | 你要干啥 要他的命啊 |
[19:44] | Well, don’t blame this on me. She brought the bloody tape over. | 不要怪我好吧 是她把录像带拿来放的 |
[19:47] | Oh, so now this is all my fault. You saw that tape. | 哦 这么说都是我的错啦 你也看带子了啊 |
[19:50] | I’ve seen your baby too. She could stand to miss a meal or two. | 我还看见你的宝宝了 她胖的少吃一两顿都没事 |
[19:52] | – She’s a healthy baby. – Oh, stop it. | – 她很健康 – 闭嘴 |
[19:54] | Stop it, all of you. There is no hope. | 都给我闭嘴 没有希望了 |
[19:59] | It’s over. It’s all over. | 都结束了 全都结束了 |
[20:07] | Well, look at that. | 看啊 |
[20:09] | I’m so proud of you, boy. | 我太为你骄傲了 孩子 |
[20:12] | Dad, you’re just saying that. | 爸 你是认真的吗 |
[20:23] | – Hello, Niles. – Frasier, please join me. | – 嗨 Niles – Frasier 快坐 |
[20:25] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢 |
[20:27] | – I would love to have… – Wait. | – 我想来一杯 – 稍等 |
[20:28] | Mochaccino, extra whipped cream and a Linzer Torte, right? | 摩卡 多加生奶油 一块奥地利榛果蛋糕 对吧 |
[20:32] | Haha, not anymore. | 哈哈 不用了 |
[20:34] | I’ll just have a non-fat latte, please. | 我只想点一杯脱脂拿铁 谢谢 |
[20:37] | Hey, didn’t you used to…? | 嘿 你之前是不是 |
[20:38] | Yes, yes, I used to be on the radio. | 对 对 我之前是做广播节目的 |
[20:41] | With any luck, I will be again. | 幸运的话 我还会继续的 |
[20:43] | Thank you for remembering. It does help. | 谢谢你还记得 对我意义重大 |
[20:45] | I was just gonna say, didn’t you also used to get a bear claw? | 我只是想说 你是不是也常点熊掌蛋糕 |
[20:51] | Off you go. | 你可以走了 |
[20:55] | Well, Frasier, I just have to say bravo. | Frasier 我只想说太棒了 |
[20:58] | Ah, you’re slim, well-adjusted. | 啊 你又瘦回来了 很健康 |
[20:59] | You’ve really turned things around, haven’t you? | 你真的重回正轨了 不是吗 |
[21:02] | Well, it’s easy once you hit rock bottom and bounce. | 一旦触底了 反弹还算容易吧 |
[21:08] | Thank you, Niles, I couldn’t have done it without you. | 谢谢你 Niles 没有你我不可能做到的 |
[21:12] | I did nothing you wouldn’t have done for me. | 我相信 你也会为我做一样的事 |
[21:15] | And you’ll be happy to know | 而且你知道吗 |
[21:17] | my own life is on quite the upswing as well. | 我自己的生活也在好转了 |
[21:19] | Really? | 是吗 |
[21:20] | I just got back from a meeting with Maris and her lawyers. | 我刚去见了Maris和她的律师 |
[21:23] | Oh, and? | 然后呢 |
[21:25] | I think this divorce is going to go very smoothly. | 我觉得离婚会进行得很顺利的 |