时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Know where we should go tonight? Frannie’s Fish and Chips. | 今晚咱们应该去芙兰妮的炸鱼薯条店吃饭 |
[00:13] | Dad, we’re taking Niles out | 爸 我们带Niles出来 |
[00:15] | to boost his spirits, not his cholesterol. | 是为了提升他的士气 不是为了提升他的胆固醇 |
[00:17] | Oh, please. | 哦 得了吧 |
[00:18] | That French food you guys eat is full of butter and cheese. | 你们吃的法餐又是黄油又是芝士的 |
[00:21] | But at least it’s not prepared by a woman working a deep fryer | 但至少做菜的不是个满胸口面糊 |
[00:23] | in a batter-dipped brassiere. | 还操作油锅的后厨大妈 |
[00:27] | – Hey, isn’t that Niles? – Where? | – 哎 那不是Niles吗 – 哪呢 |
[00:29] | Driving that old hatchback. | 就开那辆掀背车的那个 |
[00:31] | No, Niles would never be seen in anything called a hatchback. | 不会 Niles这辈子都不会和掀背车一同出现 |
[00:34] | Although it does look a lot like him. | 不过 看起来确实很像是他 |
[00:40] | My God, he’s running away. | 天哪 他居然逃跑 |
[00:41] | Well, catch him, Mr. 12-Cylinder-German-Engineering. | 快 追上他 开动你12汽缸的德国货 |
[00:51] | – Hello? – Niles, what the hell are you doing? | – 喂 – Niles 你他娘的在干嘛 |
[00:54] | Well, I’m just pulling into my parking garage. | 我正在把车停进停车场啊 |
[00:56] | – You on your way? – What are you talking about? | – 你们还在路上吗 – 你胡说什么 |
[00:58] | You’re driving up Second Avenue. | 你明明在第二大街上呢 |
[00:59] | You’re in that little red thing. | 你就在那辆小红车里 |
[01:01] | No, I’m not, you must be mistaking me for someone else. | 不 我没有 你们一定是认错人了 |
[01:03] | See you when you get here. | 我们一会见哈 |
[01:06] | He’s getting away! He just turned right at the corner. | 他要跑了 他刚在转角那里右拐了 |
[01:12] | – Hello? – Niles? | – 喂 – Niles |
[01:13] | What are you running from us for? I can see that it’s you. | 你干吗要躲我们 我知道那就是你 |
[01:15] | No, you’re mistaking me for someone else. | 不是 你认错人了 |
[01:18] | That is ridiculous. | 实在是荒谬 |
[01:19] | I can hear my own horn through the phone. | 我在电话里就能听到我自己的喇叭声 |
[01:24] | Frasier, I may lose the connection. | Frasier 我要没信号了 |
[01:26] | I’m stepping onto my elevator. | 我这就进电梯了 |
[01:27] | I’ll see you when you… | 那我们一会在 |
[01:30] | – What’s the matter with him? – Maris repossessed his car. | – 他这是哪一出啊 – Maris收回了他的车 |
[01:33] | That must’ve been all he was able to afford. | 估计他只能买的起这辆了 |
[01:35] | He’s just ashamed to admit it. | 他只是羞于承认吧 |
[01:37] | – Hello? – Niles, do not hang up on me. | – 喂 – Niles 别挂我电话 |
[01:40] | We know what’s going on. We’re right behind you. | 我们知道怎么回事 我们就在你后面 |
[01:43] | All right. I was afraid this would happen. | 好吧 我生怕会发生这事儿 |
[01:44] | I was petrified someone I knew | 就怕我认识的人 |
[01:46] | would see me driving this humiliating car. | 会逮到我开这么丢人的车 |
[01:48] | It looks like some buggy derailed from a carnival ride, | 它简直就像从嘉年华里弄出来的小代步车 |
[01:51] | except that this has no safety features. | 而且还没有安全功能 |
[01:54] | Oh, Niles, you’re worrying over nothing. | 哦 Niles 你多虑了 |
[01:56] | What kind of person judges you by the sort of car you drive? | 没有人会根据你开的车而对你指指点点的 |
[02:00] | – Mitzie Gill. – Well, yes, she might. | – Mitzie Gill会 – 哦 也是 她可能会 |
[02:02] | – She drives a Bentley. – She’s parking on the corner. | – 人家开的是宾利嘛 – 她正在街角停车呢 |
[02:04] | She’ll see me. | 她会看到我的 |
[02:10] | Everybody all right? | 都还好吧 |
[02:12] | Dad, come quickly. I need your help. | 老爸 快过来 我需要你的帮助 |
[02:14] | Oh, my God, what is it? | 哦 天哪 怎么了 |
[02:15] | I need you to get up here and pretend this is your car. | 我需要你到车里来 然后装做这是你的车 |
[02:26] | My shoulder is killing me. | 我肩膀疼死了 |
[02:28] | Good Lord, did you bang into the steering wheel? | 天哪 你刚才撞在方向盘上了吗 |
[02:30] | No, I’ve been parallel parking all week without power steering. | 不 这一个星期 我停车都没有动力转向 |
[02:34] | – Let me get you some aspirin. – Oh, thank you, Dad. | – 我去给你拿点阿司匹林 – 哦 谢了老爸 |
[02:37] | Check upstairs in the bathroom off the study. | 到楼上书房的洗手间里找找 |
[02:40] | Pardon the disarray, Frasier. | 有点乱 见笑了 Frasier |
[02:41] | I’ve had to cut my cleaning lady down to two times a week. | 我不得已 只能让清洁工减少到每周来两次 |
[02:44] | Yeah, looks like a bomb went off. | 是 你这儿看起来像狗窝似的 |
[02:48] | I gather your financial situation’s gotten a bit shaky. | 我猜你的财政状况不太好啊 |
[02:51] | Oh, yes. Every since I rejected Maris’ attempt to woo me back, | 是的 自从我断了Maris试图重修旧好的念头后 |
[02:54] | she’s been quite vindictive. | 她就用削减开支来报复我 |
[02:56] | She’s frozen all the accounts. Sherry? | 她冻结了我的所有帐户 来杯雪利酒吗 |
[02:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:59] | My salary isn’t even covering my legal bills. | 我的工资还不够支付诉讼费呢 |
[03:02] | Well, what do your lawyers tell you? | 那你的律师怎么说 |
[03:04] | Well, mostly that my salary isn’t even covering my legal bills. | 基本上就是提醒我 我的工资不够支付诉讼费 |
[03:12] | You know, Niles, | Niles啊 |
[03:13] | if this siege is going to continue, | 长此以往 |
[03:15] | you may have to tighten your belt a bit. | 你需要节约点开销啊 |
[03:16] | Perhaps we should make up a list of your expenses. | 不如我们给你列个花销清单 |
[03:19] | – All right. – Here you are. | – 好吧 – 给你 |
[03:22] | Thank you. Oh, not with that pen. | 谢谢 噢 不能用那支笔 |
[03:24] | No, that once belonged to Noel Coward. | 那只笔可是Noel Coward的笔 |
[03:27] | – I just purchased it. – It is stunning. | – 我刚买的 – 它可真漂亮 |
[03:29] | But if you’re gonna be economizing, | 但你要是想节约花销 |
[03:30] | perhaps you’ll have to forgo the decorative antique pens. | 我想你大概得放弃这支华而不实的古董笔了 |
[03:34] | Could we at least review | 我们先过一遍清单 |
[03:35] | my list before we make any drastic decisions? | 再做这些极端决定不好吗 |
[03:37] | – Very well. – That’s my rent. | – 好的 – 这是房租 |
[03:41] | – That’s insurance. – You pay that much in rent? | – 保险 – 你的房租怎么这么高 |
[03:45] | Well, that includes the building newsletter. | 这费用包括了小区简报 |
[03:47] | It’s outrageous. | 太离谱了 |
[03:49] | – Niles, are you there? – Yes, Dad. | – Niles 你在吗 – 在 老爸 |
[03:52] | Well, you can’t blame me for the housing market. | 这就是现在的市场价 这不能怪我 |
[03:54] | This is a simple apartment. | 而且就是这样简单的公寓 |
[03:55] | I’m in some room with a lot of books, | 我在一个都是书的房间 |
[03:57] | but it doesn’t have a bathroom. | 但是这里没有洗手间啊 |
[04:00] | Oh, that’s the library, not the study. | 哦 那是藏书室 不是书房 |
[04:02] | Go down the hall, make a left. | 走到走廊的尽头左转 |
[04:03] | Yes, well, this simple apartment of yours is gonna bankrupt you. | 你这个”普通”的公寓会让你破产的 |
[04:07] | You must admit it’s a bit large for one person. | 你得承认 一个人住的话 这有点大吧 |
[04:09] | Well, don’t forget I have a pet. | 别忘了我还有只宠物 |
[04:10] | Are you telling me that | 你是在跟我说 |
[04:11] | your bird requires both a study and a library? | 你的鸟又需要书房又需要藏书间么 |
[04:16] | All right, I will return the Noel Coward pen, | 好吧 我会退掉Noel Coward的笔 |
[04:18] | but this is my home. | 但这里是我的家啊 |
[04:20] | This is a basic necessity. | 这是最基本的需求啊 |
[04:22] | Okay, I found the aspirin, but I’m lost again. | 恩 我找到了阿司匹林 可我走丢了 |
[04:26] | I’m in a blue room with big rolls of paper. | 我现在在一个蓝色的房间 有很多大卷的纸 |
[04:29] | That’s the gift-wrapping room. | 那是礼物包装室 |
[04:34] | Look for the stairs. | 去楼梯那 |
[04:35] | The only stairs I could find go up. | 我只看到有上行的楼梯 |
[04:37] | You have a third floor? | 这还有第三层吗 |
[04:40] | It’s practically a crawlspace. | 第三层就不大点儿 |
[04:42] | Go out the door to the left. | 出门左转 |
[04:48] | Don’t look at me like that. I have to have a roof over my head. | 别那样看我 我得有个挡风遮雨的屋檐吧 |
[04:50] | Niles, you have three roofs over your head. | Niles 你这屋檐三层高啊 |
[04:53] | For God’s sake, come to your senses. | 我的天啊 理智点儿吧 |
[04:55] | Look at the numbers. They don’t lie. | 看看这一串数字 它们可不会说谎 |
[04:57] | I’m afraid you don’t have any choice. | 恐怕你没有其他选择了 |
[04:58] | All right, now I’m stumped. How do I get down? | 好了 现在我困在这了 这我怎么下去 |
[05:00] | There’s a bookcase blocking my way. | 这个书架挡住路了 |
[05:02] | – The bookcase is a secret door, Dad. – How do I open it? | – 那个书架是个暗门 老爸 – 怎么打开它 |
[05:05] | – Poke Mrs. Dalloway on the bottom. – What? | – 戳<达洛维夫人>的底部 – 啥 |
[05:08] | – The yellow book on the lower shelf. – Oh, all right. | – 书架底层那本黄色的书 – 噢 好 |
[05:13] | Frasier, ever since I was a little boy, | Frasier 在我还小时 |
[05:15] | I have walked by this building and wondered | 每当我路过这栋楼 我都会想 |
[05:17] | what sort of people could live in such a magnificent place. | 得是什么样的人 才住得起这种高档的地方啊 |
[05:20] | I know, Niles. | 我懂的 Niles |
[05:21] | Getting in here after Maris dumped me | 被Maris抛弃后还能住进这里 |
[05:25] | proved that I was not a complete failure. | 可以证明我并非一无是处 |
[05:27] | I understand that. | 我理解 |
[05:29] | And I have no choice, do I? | 但我没有别的选择了 是吧 |
[05:32] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[05:34] | You know, Niles, perhaps you should move | Niles 或许你应该赶在 |
[05:36] | before you’re obligated for another month’s rent here. | 下个月缴租日之前搬出去 |
[05:38] | You can stay at my place until you find something. | 在你找到住处前 可以先住在我家 |
[05:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:43] | Here you go. You can get your own glass of water. | 给你 自己去倒杯水就成了 |
[05:49] | – This aspirin’s expired. – Well, it wasn’t when I found it. | – 这阿司匹林过期了 – 我找到它的时候还没有 |
[05:58] | – Oh, Dr. Crane, I’ll clean up. – Not necessary. | – 哦 Crane医生 我来整理吧 – 不用了 |
[06:01] | You’ve been cooking dinner every night. | 每晚都是你做晚餐 |
[06:02] | I hardly feel like it’s my kitchen anymore. | 我都觉得这不像是我的厨房了 |
[06:05] | Of course it’s your kitchen. No, no, that doesn’t go there. | 当然还是你的厨房 不 不对 那个不是放那的 |
[06:09] | I know it’s probably a bit presumptuous of me | 我知道 我这样重新布置厨房 |
[06:13] | to rearrange your kitchen for you, but I promise you, | 有些冒失 但是我保证 |
[06:15] | you’ll find it a lot more… | 你会发现它 更加容易 |
[06:21] | …user-friendly. | 上手 |
[06:24] | – Where’s my jar of Bovril? – No, I wasn’t. | – 我的肉汁呢 – 我没偷看 |
[06:31] | Oh, the meat paste. Well, I threw it out. It smelled rancid. | 哦 是说肉酱汁啊 我把它扔了 闻起来好像坏了 |
[06:35] | Well, that’s how it’s supposed to smell. It’s English. | 它就是那个味儿啊 那是英国酱 |
[06:40] | Well, I’m off to bed. | 我要先睡了 |
[06:45] | Roz and I have a very important breakfast meeting | 明早我和Roz有个非常重要的早餐会 |
[06:47] | with a potential employer tomorrow, | 要跟我们未来的老板见面 |
[06:49] | and I can’t be burning the midnight oil like you, Dad. | 我可不能跟你一样熬夜 老爸 |
[06:52] | – Dad? – What? Oh, all right, I’ll get a coaster. | – 老爸 – 什么 哦 别叨叨了 我这就去拿杯垫 |
[06:56] | No. | 不是 |
[06:58] | Dad, what is it with you? You could barely stay awake during dinner. | 怎么回事 老爸 你晚餐的时候就快要睡着了 |
[07:00] | You’d be the same way if you shared a room with Niles. | 要是你跟Niles一起住一晚 你也得这样 |
[07:03] | All night long, up and down, shifting and tucking. | 一整夜 起来又躺下 连翻身带掖被子 |
[07:06] | If it’s really annoying you, I’ll move his cot into my room. | 如果那么影响你 还是让他晚上跟我睡吧 |
[07:09] | At least one of us in this family could show him compassion. | 至少家里还有个人可以给他点关怀 |
[07:12] | Good luck. Last night, I got up and went to the bathroom. | 祝你好运 昨晚 我就去趟厕所的功夫 |
[07:14] | When I came back, he’d made my bed. | 他就把我的床重新铺好了 |
[07:32] | – Will you be much longer? – Almost done. | – 你还能更久些么 – 马上完事了 |
[07:35] | I only ask because Roz and I | 我这么问是因为明早我和Roz |
[07:37] | have this important job interview tomorrow morning. | 有一个非常重要的面试 |
[07:39] | I’d like to be well-rested. | 我今晚想好好休息 |
[07:41] | – You’ve been in there for 20 minutes. – No, I haven’t. | – 你已经进去20分钟了 – 不 我没有 |
[07:45] | Now I have. | 现在才到20分钟 |
[07:47] | You should try this marvellous new facial peel. | 你应该试试这款超牛的新面膜 |
[07:50] | It’s like getting ten years back. | 让你重回十年前 |
[07:52] | I’d settle for the last half hour. | 能让我回到半小时前我就满足了 |
[07:54] | This is gonna be so much fun. | 真激动啊 |
[07:56] | Bunking together like when we were kids. | 又这样住在一起 好像回到了小时候 |
[08:02] | Oh, yes. It’s all coming back to me now. | 是啊 记忆真是如潮水般袭来 |
[08:06] | I just want to tell you again | 我想再次为你 |
[08:08] | how much I appreciate your taking me in like this. | 这样出手相助表示感谢 |
[08:10] | Not every brother in your position would be so generous. | 这种情况下 不是所有的兄弟都能如此慷慨大方 |
[08:13] | Think nothing of it, Niles. You’re no trouble at all. | 没关系 Niles 你没有添什么麻烦 |
[08:46] | Oh, dear, the sound of that rain’s gonna keep me up all night. | 哦 天哪 这下雨声会让我彻夜难眠的 |
[08:51] | I’m amazed you can hear it over there in Mission Control. | 你那儿那么嘈杂都能听见雨声 真是神奇 |
[08:56] | – Do you mind if I close the window? – Not at all. | – 你介意我把窗户关上么 – 当然不 |
[09:05] | Much better. | 现在好多了 |
[09:12] | Niles, what are you talking about? That’s just more rain noise. | Niles 你怎么想的 这不是雨声更大了吗 |
[09:15] | No, it’s much more than rain. | 不 这个可不仅是雨声 |
[09:16] | This is all of the sounds of the Brazilian rainforest. | 它包含了巴西热带雨林的所有声音 |
[09:21] | – Does it bother you? – No. | – 不会打扰到你吧 – 没事 |
[09:24] | Just go to bed. | 快睡吧 |
[09:29] | Oh, for God’s sake, Niles! | 哦 我就服了 Niles |
[09:32] | All right, all right, I’ll switch over to “Babbling Brook.” | 好吧 好吧 我改成”小溪潺潺” |
[09:37] | You know, if you’re feeling tense about that interview, | 如果你为明天的面试而紧张的话 |
[09:40] | I could show you one of my breathing exercises. | 我可以教你一种呼吸训练法 |
[09:42] | No, no, just some sleep will do. | 不 不用了 赶快睡吧 |
[09:45] | – Good night. – Good night. | – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[10:11] | Oh, for God’s sakes, Niles! | 哦 你妹啊 Niles |
[10:16] | – What the hell happened? – Isn’t it obvious? You blew a fuse. | – 怎么回事 – 明摆着吗 你弄断了保险丝 |
[10:19] | You haven’t seen anything yet. | 那我就让你领教领教我的火气 |
[10:26] | Listen, I know he’s on his way. He must’ve gotten the address wrong. | 我知道他在路上 他肯定是弄错了地点 |
[10:29] | I knew I should’ve picked a place he’d been to before. | 我应该找一家他去过的地方的 |
[10:32] | I’m sorry, I’m afraid I have to leave. | 不好意思 恐怕我得走了 |
[10:34] | Oh, please, don’t leave. | 哦 拜托 先别走 |
[10:35] | – Let me just try his cell phone. – Very well. | – 让我再给他打个电话 – 好吧 |
[10:39] | Hello, Frasier, it’s Roz. | 喂 Frasier 我是Roz |
[10:42] | You sound terrible. Where are you? | 你听起来糟透了 你在哪 |
[10:45] | The emergency room? | 急救室 |
[10:47] | Oh, my God! His appendix burst. | 哦 天哪 他阑尾犯病了 |
[10:49] | No, no, no, no, don’t apologize. | 不 不 不用道歉 |
[10:51] | It’s not your fault. We’ll just reschedule it. | 这不是你的错 我们改个时间就成 |
[10:53] | I am so sorry I’m late. | 太抱歉了 我来晚了 |
[10:56] | My usual, please. | 老样子 谢谢 |
[10:59] | My phone, please. | 我的手机 谢谢 |
[11:01] | Mr. Draper, you’re not leaving, are you? | Draper先生 您这不是要走吧 |
[11:04] | I have another meeting and I don’t like to keep people waiting. | 我还有一个会面 而且我不喜欢让别人等我 |
[11:07] | – I’m gonna kill you. – Roz, please, I’m so sorry. | – 你个挨千刀的 – Roz 别这样 我错了 |
[11:10] | – Where have you been? – Blame Niles. | – 你哪去了 – 怪Niles吧 |
[11:12] | He kept me up late last night. I slept right through my alarm. | 他整夜都没让我睡好 这不是睡过头了嘛 |
[11:15] | What’s he still doing there? Hasn’t he found a place yet? | 他怎么还在你那儿 他还没找到房子么 |
[11:17] | No, he sublet his apartment at the Montana. | 还没有 他把在蒙大拿的房子转租出去了 |
[11:19] | He has to find something furnished. | 他得找个有装修的房子 |
[11:20] | There aren’t that many out there. | 那种的可不好找 |
[11:22] | – Still, he’s looking every day. – Not yesterday. | – 他还是每天都在找呢 – 昨天没找啊 |
[11:25] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[11:26] | I saw him out in front of the | 我在大学影院外面 |
[11:26] | Varsity waiting in line for Lawrence of Arabia. | 看见他在排队等着看<阿拉伯的劳伦斯> |
[11:30] | That’s impossible. He told me he had appointments all day. | 不可能啊 他跟我说他昨天一天都在看房 |
[11:33] | Frasier, I know Niles when I see him. | Frasier 我还能认错Niles么 |
[11:34] | How many people go to the movies with their own seat cushion? | 我们认识的人中 有几个自带椅垫看电影的 |
[11:39] | You mean, he hasn’t even been looking? | 你是说 他根本就没在找房子吗 |
[11:41] | I don’t know. Ask him yourself. | 这我就不知道了 你直接问他好了 |
[11:44] | Niles Niles. | |
[11:47] | – Frasier. – Yes. | – Frasier – 嗯 |
[11:48] | Off for another day of apartment hunting? | 今天还要去找房子吗 |
[11:51] | Yes. Yes. | 是啊 是啊 |
[11:53] | Only hope I see as many as I saw yesterday. | 希望今天也能像昨天一样多看几个 |
[11:56] | Covered the whole waterfront. | 把海边的房子都看了 |
[11:57] | Oh, well, then you must have seen the one | 恩 想必你已经看过 |
[11:58] | on Crawford and Pike. | 克劳福德街和派克街交汇处的房子了 |
[12:00] | – Yes, I think so. – White with blue trim? | – 恩 应该吧 – 白墙蓝瓦那个 |
[12:04] | Right next to the market. Couple of flags out front. | 毗邻集市 外面挂着好多旗子 |
[12:06] | Yes, it looks nice from the outside. | 对 从外面看是不错 |
[12:08] | It’s completely unsuitable for living. | 但还是不适宜居住 |
[12:10] | Oh, yes. I’d imagine so, seeing as it’s a Chevron station. | 哦 当然 我说也是 因为那是雪佛龙车站 |
[12:15] | – What? – You saw nothing. | – 什么 – 你根本没去找房 |
[12:18] | Nothing yesterday, probably nothing in the last two weeks. | 昨天没去 估计前两周也是 |
[12:20] | – You’ve been going to the movies. – That is an outrageous lie. | – 你去看电影了 – 你这话太过分了 |
[12:24] | Roz saw you and your seat cushion. | Roz逮到了你和你的椅垫 |
[12:27] | Here I was feeling sorry for you | 我一直同情着你 |
[12:29] | and you were lying to me the whole time. | 可你却一直在骗我 |
[12:33] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:35] | After the first day, I just couldn’t look anymore. | 第一天看过之后 我就实在看不下去了 |
[12:37] | I’ll never find anything tolerable in my price range. | 在我能承受的价格范畴内的房子都惨不忍睹 |
[12:40] | It’s barely tolerable having a price range. | 我能出的价格已经捉襟见肘了 |
[12:43] | All right, Niles. Well, listen. Today, I am going with you. | 成了 Niles 听着 今天我跟你一起去 |
[12:46] | It may be the only way you ever find a place. | 可能只有这样 你才能找到房子 |
[12:49] | You sound as if I plan to stay with you forever. | 你说的好像我打算一直赖在你那儿一样 |
[12:51] | Well, I did notice you put a bottle of ’93 Pichon-Baron | 我确实注意到你昨晚往购物清单中 |
[12:54] | – on the grocery list last night. – So? | – 加入了一瓶93年的碧尚男爵红酒 – 怎么了 |
[12:57] | That wine’s not even drinkable for two years. | 那瓶酒两年之内根本没法喝好吗 |
[13:02] | And we’ve got a rec room too. Did you see the hot tub? | 我们这里还有娱乐室 你们看到热浴盆了吗 |
[13:06] | If you’re referring to | 如果你是指那个 |
[13:06] | that six-man petri dish, yes. | 能装六人的细菌培养皿的话 看到了 |
[13:09] | I think we’re about finished here. | 我觉得已经看的差不多了 |
[13:11] | Niles, we can’t leave without seeing the apartment. | Niles 还没看公寓怎么能走 |
[13:12] | Frank was kind enough to put on pants and bring us up here. | Frank多好啊 特意穿上裤子陪我们上来 |
[13:17] | Welcome to the Shangri-la. | 欢迎来到”香格里拉” |
[13:27] | Niles, it’s magnificent. | Niles 大开眼界啊 |
[13:36] | I think you’ll see why the Shangri-la is so popular | 我想你们能看出 为何”香格里拉”能够 |
[13:38] | with bachelors like yourself. | 吸引大批的单身人士 |
[13:40] | I had assumed it was that charming | 我觉得它的魅力要归功于门口那条大标语 |
[13:42] | “No credit, no problem” banner out front. | “没钱吗 没关系” |
[13:46] | Here’s your kitchen, all modern. | 这里是厨房 完全现代化 |
[13:48] | It looks like the previous | 看来上位房客 |
[13:49] | tenant left a four-slot toaster behind. | 把这个4槽的面包机落下了 |
[13:51] | Isn’t that something, Niles? | 看着不错 是不是 Niles |
[13:53] | You can make yourself a club sandwich | 可以给自己做个三层三明治 |
[13:54] | and still have a slice left over for guests. | 还能剩下一片面包给客人 |
[13:57] | I think I’ve got the lay of the land. | 我想这房子基本上看得差不多了 |
[13:59] | No, wait, we haven’t seen the bedroom yet. | 别 等下 我们还没看卧室呢 |
[14:01] | Right this way. | 这边请 |
[14:11] | Looks like he left the sheets behind, too. | 看来他把床单也留下来了 |
[14:13] | Well, how’s that for convenience? | 嗯 那就更方便了啊 |
[14:15] | No dust bunnies under that bed. No, sirree. | 这床下肯定一点灰尘都没有 绝对的 |
[14:18] | That is a vacuumer’s dream, that is. | 那可是吸尘器的梦想之地啊 |
[14:20] | Well, let’s have a look at this closet space, shall we? | 来 我们看看壁橱吧 好吗 |
[14:23] | Oh, sorry, I thought Gary’s | 哦 不好意思 我想Gary的妹妹 |
[14:24] | sister was supposed to pick this stuff up. | 忘记拿走这些东西了 |
[14:27] | Well, help yourself. | 你们自便吧 |
[14:30] | This Gary certainly seems to have left in a hurry. | 这位Gary先生想来走的很急 |
[14:34] | Did he leave no forwarding address? | 他没留下个转寄地址吗 |
[14:37] | He left a note, but no. | 他留了个纸条 但是 没有 |
[14:43] | No address. | 没有地址 |
[14:45] | Well, take your time. | 行了 你们慢慢看 |
[14:51] | – Now can we go? – No, no, Niles. | – 现在我们可以走了吧 – 不 Niles |
[14:53] | Not before we’ve had a look | 我们先看完这个 |
[14:55] | at this very charming little ironing board here. | 小巧迷人的熨衣板之后再走也不迟 |
[14:58] | There you are, see? | 你看 |
[15:00] | You sure that’s not the guest room? | 你确定这是熨衣板而不是客房么 |
[15:05] | Niles, listen, I know this isn’t what you had in mind, | Niles 听着 我知道这房子跟你预想的差很多 |
[15:08] | but we have scoured the city. | 但是我们已经踏遍了整个城 |
[15:10] | I’m afraid this is the only thing we’re gonna find. | 恐怕这是我们唯一的选择了 |
[15:13] | Well, I wanna keep looking. There’s no rush. | 我想再继续找找看 不用着急啊 |
[15:17] | – Well, actually… – What? | – 呃 实际上 – 什么 |
[15:20] | Well, Niles… | 呃 Niles |
[15:23] | You want me to move out. I’ve overstayed my welcome. I see. | 你想让我搬走 我屁股太沉不受欢迎了 明白了 |
[15:27] | No, it’s time for you to understand | 不 只是你是时候该明白 |
[15:28] | that your circumstances have changed, | 你的境况已经变了 |
[15:31] | and you’re going to have to adapt. | 你必须要适应 |
[15:33] | I don’t want to adapt. I want to go home. | 我不想适应 我想回家 |
[15:36] | Niles Niles, | |
[15:38] | you are home. | 这里就是你的家 |
[15:45] | Well, where are my manners? Can I get you some toast? | 嗯 我怎么这么没礼貌 要来片面包吗 |
[16:06] | Yes. | 太棒了 |
[16:10] | Well, I’m off. Oh, your brother called. | 我要走了 对了 你弟弟来过电话 |
[16:13] | He said he won’t be joining you for the wine club tonight. | 他说今晚的酒会他不能跟你一同去了 |
[16:16] | Really? That’s a first. | 真的 头一回啊 |
[16:18] | You know, it’s funny how | 你不知道 |
[16:19] | much Eddie misses that bird of Dr. Crane’s. | Eddie可想念Crane医生家的那只鸟了 |
[16:21] | This morning, a pigeon landed on the terrace. | 今天早上 有只鸽子落在阳台上 |
[16:24] | Eddie jumped up, excited, ran over and started barking at it. | Eddie蹦上去 疯狂的追着那只鸟叫 |
[16:27] | Yes, he does that all the time. | 是啊 它老是那样 |
[16:29] | No, this was a different sort of bark. | 不 那叫法跟以往不一样 |
[16:30] | Like, “You’re not my bird. | 就好像在说 “你不是我家的鸟 |
[16:32] | Don’t fly over here and get me hopes up like that. | 别落在这 让我燃起希望 |
[16:34] | You’re not my bird.” | 你才不是我家的鸟” |
[16:38] | It was silly and sad at the same time, you know? | 看起来傻却又很悲伤 你懂吗 |
[16:41] | Firsthand. | 惟妙惟肖啊 |
[16:45] | – Did Niles say why he cancelled at all? – No. | – Niles有没有说他为什么不去了 – 没有 |
[16:49] | You know, I just hope he’s not depressed. | 你知道 我只是希望他的情绪还好 |
[16:51] | I keep picturing him | 我一直在想象 |
[16:52] | sitting in that dreadful apartment all alone. | 他独自一人坐在那破房间里的样子 |
[16:55] | Maybe I should’ve let him | 或许我真应该留他 |
[16:56] | stay here longer until he found something nicer. | 多住几日 直到他找到称心的房子再走 |
[16:59] | I’m sure once he gets his books on the shelf | 我相信他只要整理好书架 |
[17:01] | and his opera playing, he’ll be fine. | 播上他爱听的歌剧 就都没事儿了 |
[17:03] | You have nothing to feel guilty about. | 你完全不必感到惭愧 |
[17:05] | Fras, your antique scout | Fras 你的古董探子 |
[17:06] | brought over that Noel Coward pen you bought. | 把你买的那支Noel Coward的钢笔带来了 |
[17:10] | Noel Coward pen? Like the one your brother’s got? | Nowel Coward的钢笔 和你弟弟的一样吗 |
[17:13] | Oh, it is his. He returned it and I pounced on it. | 噢 就是他那支笔 他退掉了 我就赶紧买了 |
[17:17] | Dr. Crane’s feeling bad about moving his brother out. | Crane医生正在为赶他弟弟出去住感到自责呢 |
[17:19] | Oh, come on, Fras, he’s a big boy. | 哦 行了 Fras 他也老大不小了 |
[17:21] | You just gave him the push he needed. | 你那是顺水推舟 帮了他一把 |
[17:23] | Well, he did need a push. | 他确实需要有人推他一把 |
[17:25] | Besides, I’m sure the | 再说了 我相信 |
[17:26] | place you found him isn’t as bad as all that. | 你给他找的房子也没有那么烂吧 |
[17:28] | You’re right, Daphne. It isn’t all that bad. | 你说的对 Daphne 没有那么烂 |
[17:30] | And once he’s decorated it, it’ll be much nicer. | 他再布置一下房间 感觉一定差不了 |
[17:32] | You’re right. You’re right. I’m being much too hard on myself. | 没错 你说的没错 我对自己太苛刻了 |
[17:36] | I’m sure he’ll be perfectly happy at the Shangri-la. | 我想他会在”香格里拉”住得很开心的 |
[17:38] | You got him in the Shangri-la? | 你把他弄到”香格里拉”那儿去了 |
[17:39] | That’s where Duke stayed during his divorce. | Duke闹离婚时在那住过 |
[17:42] | Let me tell you, that’s my kind of place. | 跟你说 我就喜欢那样的地儿 |
[17:47] | What have I done? | 我做了什么孽啊 |
[17:58] | Hey, Niles. | 嗨 Niles |
[18:00] | – Dad, Frasier. – Hello, Niles. | – 老爸 Frasier – 你好 Niles |
[18:01] | Did you not get my message about the wine club? | 你没收到我不去参加品酒会的留言么 |
[18:03] | We thought it’d be fun to go out and have a meal. | 我们想着跟你出去吃个饭兴许也不错 |
[18:06] | Oh, well, actually, I’m on my way out. | 哦 这样啊 实际上我正打算出门呢 |
[18:07] | Where to? Bali-ha’i? | 去哪啊 Bali-ha’i吗 |
[18:11] | No, they’re having a Ping-Pong tournament in the rumpus room | 不 他们在娱乐室搞了个乒乓球赛 |
[18:14] | and my neighbour Jimbo has invited me to be his partner. | 我邻居Jimbo叫我去做他的搭档 |
[18:17] | Let me just go and tell him that I’ll be a couple minutes late. | 我跟他说一下我得晚点过去 |
[18:20] | If you’re thirsty, | 你们要是渴的话 |
[18:21] | they sent up some wine coolers in my welcome basket. | 他们送我的乔迁礼包里有个冰酒器可以用 |
[18:23] | Hey. And you were worried. | 你看 瞧你还瞎担心 |
[18:25] | He’s making friends, taking part in activities. | 他交了新朋友 还在参加团体活动 |
[18:27] | Dad, he’s obviously covering. | 爸 很明显他在故作坚强 |
[18:29] | That shirt alone is a shriek for help. | 光那件衬衫就是他迫切求助的嘶喊 |
[18:32] | Is it so hard for you to believe that he could be happy? | 让你相信他过得挺开心的 怎么就那么难呢 |
[18:35] | In this place, yes. | 在这么个地方能开心 我是不信 |
[18:38] | You should stay. | 你们应该留下 |
[18:39] | The guys in D building are bringing over a 6-foot sub, | D楼的几个哥们儿找来了一个一米八的替补 |
[18:42] | and they’ve rigged the | 他们还黑掉了弹球机 |
[18:43] | pinball machine so it’s free play all night. | 能免费玩一晚上 |
[18:46] | Niles, I’m finding it a bit difficult | Niles 你的这些新爱好 |
[18:47] | to accept this newfound enthusiasm of yours. | 我有点难以接受 |
[18:50] | Weren’t you the one who | 不是你说 |
[18:51] | told me I should adjust to my circumstances? | 我应该适应新环境的吗 |
[18:53] | I’m just concerned that | 我只是担心 |
[18:54] | you’re immersing yourself in this lifestyle | 你是故意沉浸在这种新的生活方式之中 |
[18:56] | to avoid feeling the pain you’re going… | 以掩盖你的实际伤痛 |
[18:58] | – Would you leave the guy alone? – No, thank you. | – 你能不能安静会儿 – 不行 |
[18:59] | No, he’s obviously having a good time. | 他明显过得不错啊 |
[19:01] | I’m having a very good time. | 我确实好的很 |
[19:03] | Why shouldn’t he have a good time? | 他就不能很开心吗 |
[19:05] | I’d be happy here myself. This is my kind of place. | 要是我也会很开心 这就是我的安居窝 |
[19:09] | – Get me out of this hellhole. – What did I say? | – 快把我从这个鬼地方救出去 – 我说了什么 |
[19:13] | I can’t live this charade. I have tried. | 我不能再装腔作势了 我已经尽力了 |
[19:14] | It’s taking too much out of me. | 我实在受不了了 |
[19:16] | Now, Niles, this place is fine. And you know what they say: | 行了 Niles 这地方不错啊 有句话说得好 |
[19:19] | What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. | 大难不死必有后福 |
[19:22] | But, Dad, not everyone makes it into that second group. | 可是 老爸 不是每个人都能挺住不死的 |
[19:24] | And I’ve got the luau shirt to prove it. | 我这件夏威夷衬衫就是视死如归的证明 |
[19:26] | Okay, that’s it, that’s it. | 好了 我受够了 够了 |
[19:28] | Enough is enough. | 差不多行了 |
[19:30] | Niles, who are you calling? | Niles 你要给谁打电话 |
[19:32] | I’m calling Maris. I’m going to beg her to take me back. | Maris 我要跪求她回心转意 |
[19:35] | – You don’t wanna do that. – Yes, I do. | – 你知道你并不想那么做 – 不 我想 |
[19:37] | Life with Maris wasn’t so bad. It was my fault, after all. | 和Maris一起生活也没那么糟 说到底 还是我的错 |
[19:39] | I was too rigid. I was always making demands. | 是我顽固没情趣 还总是事事儿的 |
[19:41] | – No, Niles. – “Eat something. Unlock this door.” | – 不 Niles – “吃点东西 把门打开” |
[19:44] | – “Don’t throw that.” – Niles, give me that phone. | – “别扔那个” – Niles 把电话给我 |
[19:46] | – No. – You don’t know what you’re doing. | – 不 – 你不明白你在做什么 |
[19:48] | – Yes, I do. – Just drop it and kick it over here. | – 不 我清楚的很 – 扔地上 踢过来 |
[19:50] | I won’t. I’m dialling. I’m pressing send. | 我才不 我在按号 好 拨打 |
[19:53] | It’s ringing. | 电话通了 |
[19:55] | Maris Maris. | |
[19:56] | I’m calling… | 我打电话 |
[19:59] | I’m calling… | 打电话是 |
[20:03] | I’m calling to tell you that there is a new address | 我打电话是要告诉你我的新地址 |
[20:05] | for forwarding my mail. | 请转寄我的信到 |
[20:08] | It’s 62 Elm Street, Shangri-la Apartments. | 榆树街62号 香格里拉公寓 |
[20:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:17] | Well, good for you, Niles. | 做的不错 Niles |
[20:19] | The second I heard her voice I knew I couldn’t go back. | 一听见她的声音我立马就醒了 我可不能回去 |
[20:23] | But how am I ever going to live here? | 但是在这儿让我怎么活啊 |
[20:26] | Now, it’s just temporary, Niles. | 现在这些都只是暂时的 Niles |
[20:28] | She can’t drag this divorce out forever. | 她不可能永远拖着不离婚 |
[20:31] | You know, Niles, perhaps this place | Niles 或许住在这儿 |
[20:34] | is the price you’ll have to pay for your freedom. | 就是你重归自由的代价 |
[20:38] | Well, it’s worth that. | 好吧 那还是值得的 |
[20:40] | Well, that’s the way to look at it. | 恩 这个思维方式就对了 |
[20:42] | So let’s have a toast to that. | 来让我们为此干一杯 |
[20:44] | Alright, thank you, Dad. | 好 谢了 老爸 |
[20:49] | You know, I never did sign my lease. | 我还没有签租约 |
[20:51] | I suppose now is as good a time as any. | 我看现在签就挺好的 |
[20:56] | Niles, perhaps this will make it easier. | Niles 也许这个会让你好受点 |
[21:00] | A little housewarming gift. | 给你的乔迁礼物 |
[21:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:08] | There we go. | 干杯 |
[21:11] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 老爸 |
[21:13] | – Thank you. – Okay. | – 谢谢 – 嗯 |
[21:15] | Here’s looking at you, kids. | 看你们的了 孩子们 |
[21:23] | You know, Niles, | 我说 Niles |
[21:24] | you may have to sleep here, but you don’t have to eat here. | 你得睡在这 但是没必要在这儿吃饭啊 |
[21:27] | How does Cigare Volant sound? | 咱们去Cigare Volant怎么样 |
[21:29] | Music to my ears. | 太棒了 |
[21:30] | I can’t go in that place without a jacket. | 我可不能不穿夹克就去那儿啊 |
[21:32] | Well, you know what? Maybe we should paw through that closet. | 我们应该拾掇一下衣橱 看看有什么 |
[21:34] | I bet Gary’s got a jacket that’ll match those pants. | 我猜Gary有件夹克正好配你的裤子 |
[21:37] | – Oh, here we are. – Yeah! Look at that. That’s great. | – 哦 找到了 – 耶 多好啊 真不错 |