时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hey, boys, how was dinner? | 嗨 孩儿们 晚饭吃得怎么样 |
[00:11] | Oh, let’s just say when I picked my lobster out of the tank, | 这么说吧 当我从池子里挑出那只龙虾时 |
[00:14] | I had no idea he was in for a better evening than I was. | 完全没想到这一晚上我比它还惨 |
[00:18] | – What happened? – Well, it started out well enough. | – 出什么事儿了 – 那个 其实一开始非常好 |
[00:20] | Firstly, they seated us at a superb table, | 首先 他们给安排了绝佳的位置 |
[00:23] | certainly better than the one next to us, | 绝对比邻桌的要好 |
[00:25] | at which, unfortunately, they sat | 但很不巧 邻桌坐的是 |
[00:27] | – Daphne and Donny. – Oh, jeez. | – Daphne和Donny – 哦 天啊 |
[00:29] | Being very affectionate, of course, whispering, | 当然了 他们深情款款 细声低语 |
[00:32] | laughing, holding hands. | 不时欢笑 双手相牵 |
[00:34] | This in a place where people were trying to eat. | 这是人们吃饭的地方啊 |
[00:37] | Well, in an attempt to make things better, | 然后 为了能让他好过点 |
[00:40] | I suggested that Niles and I switch seats | 我建议Niles和我换位置 |
[00:42] | so that he could face the other table. | 他就能面向另外一桌了 |
[00:45] | Unfortunately, moments later, | 更不巧的是 没过一会儿 |
[00:46] | they seated Maris there with her new boyfriend. | Maris就和她的新男友在那儿坐了下来 |
[00:52] | Also being affectionate. | 同样深情款款 |
[00:53] | Grooming each other like spider monkeys. | 跟猴似的 给对方倒毛 |
[00:57] | She was deliberately taunting me, | 她就是故意腻歪我 |
[00:59] | playing the same coquettish games we used to play in restaurants: | 玩儿我们以前在餐馆里玩儿的调情游戏 |
[01:02] | Batting her eyes, then coyly hiding behind her breadstick. | 挡上她的眼睛 然后羞怯地躲在她的面包棍后面 |
[01:08] | And then to top it all off, | 这还不算完 |
[01:10] | the Pouilly Fuisse we ordered was a grave disappointment. | 我们点的宝利白葡萄酒太令人失望了 |
[01:13] | Yes, I urged he send it back, | 是 我强烈要求要退货 |
[01:14] | but no, he wouldn’t create a scene in front of Daphne. | 但他不想在Daphne面前吵闹 |
[01:16] | Not that she would’ve even noticed, | 就跟她能注意到似的 |
[01:18] | the way Donny was feeding her forkfuls of risotto | Donny一叉又一叉地喂她意大利烩饭 |
[01:20] | as if she’d lost her arms instead of her mind. | 就好像她没胳膊一样 但她根本是脑子进水了 |
[01:22] | What is she doing with him? | 这女人怎么就跟他在一块儿了 |
[01:24] | Well, some days, it doesn’t pay to get out of bed. | 有时候辛苦爬起床来真是得不偿失啊 |
[01:27] | Well, at the Shangri-La, The highlight of my day is getting out of bed | 在香格里拉 我一天的亮点就是起床了 |
[01:29] | so I can slam it back up into the wall. | 那样我就能把床甩回墙上 |
[01:33] | How long are you gonna stay there? | 你还要在那儿待多久 |
[01:33] | You can afford to go back to the Montana now, can’t you? | 你现在有钱了 能回蒙大拿住了吧 |
[01:36] | Yes, but thanks to Frasier, there’s a tenant living there. | 是啊 但多亏了Frasier 还有个租客住那儿 |
[01:39] | May I remind you that you begged me to find you a sublet. | 要我提醒你么 是你求我给找租户的 |
[01:42] | Someone austere and dignified enough | 找个足够严肃高贵的 |
[01:45] | not to offend your starchy neighbours. | 不会冒犯你那些古板邻居的人 |
[01:46] | Frasier, I’m not trying to blame you. | Frasier 我不是要怪你 |
[01:48] | It’s just my whole world is crashing down around me. | 只是我的世界都四分五裂了 |
[01:50] | – I wanna go home. – Well, I’m sorry, Niles. | – 我想回家 – 真是抱歉 Niles |
[01:52] | He’s got two months left on his sublet. | 他还剩两个月租期呢 |
[01:54] | Can’t you give him a call and lean on him a bit? | 你就不能给他打个电话咋呼他一下 |
[01:56] | Dad, the man has a lease. | 爸 人家有租约啊 |
[01:57] | I can’t very well call and ask him to move out. | 我没法打个电话就叫他搬家吧 |
[02:01] | – Hi, Daph. – Evening, all. | – 嗨 Daph – 大家晚上好啊 |
[02:03] | – How’s dinner? – It was wonderful. | – 晚饭怎么样 – 太棒了 |
[02:05] | You should’ve come over and joined us. | 你俩应该过来跟我们坐一桌啊 |
[02:07] | Well, you looked like you had enough to contend with, | 那个 我们就不去添乱了 |
[02:09] | what with your table’s fork shortage. | 你们桌上的叉子都不够用 |
[02:15] | Donny takes such good care of me. | Donny对我太体贴了 |
[02:17] | After you left, I made the tiniest comment | 你们走之后 我就对 |
[02:19] | about not liking the Pouilly Fuisse, and he sent it back. | 宝利白葡萄酒表达了一点不满 他就给退了 |
[02:22] | That snooty wine steward argued with him, | 那个自大的斟酒服务生跟他吵了起来 |
[02:25] | but Donny made a bit of a scene with the owner, | 然后Donny和老板吵了一番 |
[02:26] | and the next thing you knew, our entire meal was on the house. | 结果呢 我们这顿饭都免单了 |
[02:30] | I’ve never been prouder of him. | 他怎么这么厉害啊 |
[02:34] | Frasier, I wanna go home. | Frasier 我好想回家 |
[02:37] | I’ll call Dr. MacLowery. | 我这就给MacLowery医生打电话 |
[02:45] | – Dr. Crane, you’re back. – Yes, Mrs. Latimer. | – Crane医生 你回来了 – 是啊 Latimer太太 |
[02:49] | Fortunately, my sublet was able to move out early. | 幸好 我的转租人能提前搬走 |
[02:52] | I trust your tour was a success? | 你的巡回演讲一定非常成功吧 |
[02:54] | – A triumph. – Good. Take care. | – 空前成功啊 – 真不错 保重啊 |
[02:57] | Tour? | 巡回演讲 |
[03:00] | I could hardly let these people know where I was living. | 我哪能让这些人知道我去哪儿了啊 |
[03:04] | I told them I was on a lecture tour of Africa | 我跟他们说我去非洲巡回演讲了 |
[03:05] | so they wouldn’t try to contact me. | 这样他们就不会找我了 |
[03:09] | Niles, maybe he isn’t here. | Niles 可能他不在 |
[03:11] | Maybe we should just let ourselves in. | 要不咱们直接进去吧 |
[03:12] | Right. All right. | 好的 没问题 |
[03:18] | I’m home. | 我到家啦 |
[03:24] | I can already feel the last four months dropping away. | 我都能感到这四个月的磨难正在渐渐消退 |
[03:27] | Yes. Soon, Africa will be just a memory. | 是啊 过不了多久 非洲就只存在你的记忆里了 |
[03:34] | I just wanna close my eyes and savour the serenity. | 我就想闭上眼 享受这宁静 |
[03:39] | What the hell is that? | 这他妈是什么声音 |
[03:43] | It’s Dr. MacLowery. | 是MacLowery医生 |
[03:47] | Doctor… Dr. MacLowery, what are you doing? | MacLowery医 医生 你这是干什么呢 |
[03:50] | That was a ball change leading to a riff drop. | 这是转换步 跟着是即兴反复 |
[03:53] | You gotta lick it and stick it. | 你得持而踏之 |
[03:55] | – When did you take up tap dancing? – Oh, years ago. | – 你什么时候开始跳踢踏舞的 – 很多年前 |
[03:59] | I figured if I didn’t dance, I’d go crazy. | 当时我琢磨着要是不跳 我就得疯 |
[04:07] | I’m not sure he caught it in time. | 我看还他还是跳晚了 |
[04:14] | Baseboard. Baseboard. | 我的踢脚线 踢脚线啊 |
[04:16] | Dr. MacLowery, please, the neighbours. | MacLowery医生 拜托 邻居会有意见的 |
[04:19] | You tell me about it. Why, those bunch of sourpusses. | 可不是 你说为什么啊 那些牢骚鬼 |
[04:21] | Why, all they do is complain. | 怎么回事儿 只知道抱怨 |
[04:23] | Sunshine, rain. | 阳光 雨露 |
[04:30] | Well, look who it is. | 看看这是谁来了 |
[04:32] | It’s the Tenants’ Board come to welcome me home. | 租户委员会来欢迎我回家了 |
[04:34] | Carol and Alfred Larkin, you remember my brother, Frasier. | Carol Alfred Larkin 记得我哥哥吗 Frasier |
[04:36] | Oh, and Mr. Probst. | 哦 还有Probst先生 |
[04:38] | See here, Crane. | 我们来是为了 Crane |
[04:40] | We abhor noise in this building. | 我们痛恨楼里的噪音 |
[04:43] | Oh, I couldn’t agree more. | 我万分赞同 |
[04:49] | And what do you call that? | 那你管这叫什么 |
[04:50] | I believe that was lick it and stick it. | 这应该是叫持而踏之 |
[04:57] | This has been going on for months. | 已经这么闹腾了好几个月了 |
[04:58] | We would have contacted you if we’d known how to. | 我们早就想找你了 就是没有你的联系方式 |
[05:01] | I’m sorry, but Dr. MacLowery’s moving… | 真是抱歉 但是MacLowery马上就搬 |
[05:03] | Dr. Crane, I’m afraid the board is leaning | Crane医生 恐怕委员会更倾向于 |
[05:06] | towards rescinding your lease. | 解除你的租约了 |
[05:08] | What? Why? | 你说什么 为什么 |
[05:11] | Because you’re a menace, Crane. | 因为你就是一危险分子 Crane |
[05:14] | You always have been. | 你一直都是 |
[05:16] | You have something of a reputation in this building. | 你在楼里都有了如此的名声了 |
[05:19] | What with all the raucous parties you’ve hosted. | 你老开那些吵闹的派对 |
[05:22] | I’m not a well man. | 我身体不怎么好 |
[05:23] | I have a serious heart problem and I demand quiet. | 我有严重的心脏问题 需要安静 |
[05:26] | – We all do. – Mr. Probst, I assure you… | – 我们都需要 – Probst先生 我向你保证 |
[05:28] | No, we’re having a board meeting tomorrow evening | 不用了 明天傍晚我们就召开委员会 |
[05:31] | in which we intend to discuss your situation. | 来讨论你的问题 |
[05:33] | And if I were you, I wouldn’t plan on unpacking. | 你最好还是别急着打开行李 |
[05:39] | So nice seeing you again. | 真高兴再次见到你 |
[05:48] | It was good of you to go to all this trouble for your brother, Dr. Crane. | Crane医生 你真是好人 为你弟弟这么忙前忙后 |
[05:51] | Yes. Well, in a way, I felt responsible. | 是啊 不过 某种程度上 我也有责任 |
[05:52] | – Oh, really? – I don’t know why. | – 哦 真的 – 我怎么不知道啊 |
[05:54] | Just because you sublet my apartment to Bojangles the Loon. | 是不是因为你把我的房子转租给了踢踏舞狂人 |
[06:00] | I’ll get it. | 我来开门 |
[06:03] | Niles, will you relax, please? | Niles 你放轻松 行吗 |
[06:04] | – Give me that. – Oh, relax. How can I? | – 给我吧 – 哦 放轻松 说得简单啊 |
[06:06] | In an hour, these people could vote me out of my home. | 再过一钟头 那些人就可能把我扔出自己的家了 |
[06:09] | Which they won’t if you show them a good time at this little reception. | 你现在要是好好招待他们 可能就不会了 |
[06:11] | A couple of drinks, some food, some witty conversation, | 来点喝的 一些美食 再来点幽默的对话 |
[06:14] | they’ll realise what an asset you are to this building. | 他们就会意识到你绝对能给这栋楼加分 |
[06:16] | – Hi, guys. – Hey, Roz. | – 大家好啊 – 嗨 Roz |
[06:18] | Great party, Niles. | 聚会真不错啊 Niles |
[06:23] | I was surprised to get your last-minute invitation. | 接到你这么急的邀请还真让我意外 |
[06:25] | You’re not trying to set me up with anybody, are you? | 你不是要给我介绍对象吧 |
[06:28] | – Don’t be ridiculous. – Good. | – 别逗了 – 那就好 |
[06:29] | You’re here because the caterer cancelled. | 叫你来是因为我的聚会承办人来不了 |
[06:31] | Now, listen. | 你给我听好 |
[06:32] | We need you to open the wine, cut up some limes | 我需要你开开这瓶酒 切几个酸橙 |
[06:35] | and hang up this coat. | 再挂好这件大衣 |
[06:37] | You actually think I am so hard up for a night out | 你真以为我想晚上出来玩想疯了 |
[06:39] | that I would spend the | 你哪根筋觉得我愿意花 |
[06:40] | evening pushing drinks in God’s waiting room? | 一晚上在这上帝的等候室里倒饮料 |
[06:44] | – Keep your voice down. – Roz, please. | – 小点声儿 – Roz 拜托了 |
[06:46] | – You’re paying for the babysitter. – All right, done. | – 保姆的钱你来出 – 好的 没问题 |
[06:50] | – What am I, the dishwasher? – No, Dad. | – 我来干嘛 洗盘子 – 不用 爸 |
[06:52] | You were invited because, well, | 邀请你是因为 这个 |
[06:53] | it just wouldn’t be a party without you. | 没有你就不成聚会啊 |
[06:55] | Although there may be a few women here that are unattached, | 不过这儿确实有几个单身女人 |
[06:58] | who might just take a shine to an old debonair dog like yourself. | 很可能对你这么温文尔雅的人一见倾心呢 |
[07:03] | I’m just a piece of meat to you guys, aren’t I? | 你就是让我来卖肉的 是吧 |
[07:10] | There goes that damn loose earring again. | 这个破耳环又掉了 |
[07:12] | Thank goodness it didn’t fall into the punch bowl. | 谢天谢地没有掉进旁趣酒碗里 |
[07:14] | Don’t want someone choking on it, do we? | 要是有人卡到可惨了 |
[07:16] | Yes, although nothing says party like a tracheotomy. | 不过要是有气管切开术 那才是不一般的聚会呢 |
[07:20] | You must tell us all about your African tour, Dr. Crane. | 你得好好讲讲你在非洲的巡回演讲 Crane医生 |
[07:23] | Yes. Do the local people actually enjoy your lectures? | 可不是 当地人真喜欢你的演讲吗 |
[07:27] | Well, yes, quite a bit. Except, of course, for the pygmies. | 这是肯定的了 非常喜欢 当然 除了那些侏儒 |
[07:31] | Most of it went right over their heads. | 人矮理解力也差 |
[07:38] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[07:44] | Oh, the rest of the board. | 是剩下的委员会成员啊 |
[07:46] | Pleased to see you. Come in. | 欢迎欢迎 请进 |
[07:48] | – Hello, good to see you. – Yes. | – 你好 真高兴见到你 – 是啊 |
[07:51] | Dr. Crane? | Crane医生 |
[07:52] | While you were on the subcontinent, | 你在次大陆的时候 |
[07:54] | did you happen to spot any rare African waterfowl? | 有没有看到一些稀有的非洲水鸟 |
[07:57] | Just one, but it was already spotted. | 只有一次 不过它已经没有看点了 |
[08:06] | I’ll get it. | 我开门去了 |
[08:09] | Shoo, shoo, shoo! For God’s sake, Niles, | 走 走 快走 我的老天啊 Niles |
[08:12] | will you do something with this damn bird? | 你快来管管这只破鸟啊 |
[08:13] | Quiet, quiet, quiet. Here. There you go. Over here. | 嘘 嘘 嘘 过来 过来 到这儿来 |
[08:16] | Niles sucks. | Niles是蠢蛋 |
[08:22] | The boys at the Shangri-La loved teaching her things like that. | 香格里拉那儿的孩子最爱教它这些破玩意儿了 |
[08:25] | – It’s so tiring. – Bite me, Niles. | – 真是太糟心了 – 来咬我啊 Niles |
[08:27] | Right back at you. | 彼此彼此 |
[08:29] | Frasier, Please hurry with the hors d’oeuvres. | Frasier 拜托赶紧上冷盘吧 |
[08:30] | The guests are already hostile toward me. | 客人已经开始对我不满了 |
[08:31] | I’m not gonna win any points by starving them. | 再饿着他们 我就死定了 |
[08:33] | – Stuff it, Niles. – Oh, don’t tempt me. | – 忍受吧 Niles – 哎 你别挑事儿 |
[08:40] | – Oh, Dr. Crane? – Yes. | – 嘿 Crane医生 – 什么事儿 |
[08:41] | Who is that distinguished-looking man over there? | 那气度不凡的男子是何许人也 |
[08:48] | I’ve been trying to catch his eye, | 我一直想法设法让他注意到我 |
[08:50] | but he’s far too engrossed in that gardening book. | 但他一直沉浸在那本园艺书里 |
[08:52] | Well, that is actually my father, Martin. Dad? | 其实 那是我父亲 Martin 爸 |
[08:59] | – Don’t mind him. He’s painfully shy. – Oh, I know just how he feels. | – 您别见怪 他特别腼腆 – 我十分理解 |
[09:03] | I’m a bit of a shrinking violet myself. Martin. | 我也是一个羞怯之人 Martin |
[09:08] | Do you see that obnoxious old lecher? | 看到那个讨厌的老色鬼没 |
[09:11] | Well, you’re gonna have to be a lot more specific. | 哪个 你得描述得再详细点 |
[09:15] | The one in the blue jacket. I’m about this close to slapping him. | 那个穿蓝夹克的 我简直忍不住要上去扇他了 |
[09:18] | Wait, wait, that is Mr. Hawkins. | 息怒 息怒啊 那是Hawkins先生 |
[09:19] | He’s the vice president of the Tenants’ Board. | 他是租户委员会的副主席啊 |
[09:21] | Well, I don’t care who he is. He just pinched me. | 我才不管他是谁 他刚掐了我 |
[09:24] | Roz, please, the man is 80 and arthritic. | Roz 行了吧 他都八十了 还有关节炎 |
[09:27] | How hard can he pinch? | 能有多大劲儿啊 |
[09:32] | It’s not working. People are not talking, they are not not mixing. | 这不行啊 气氛也不热烈 大家都不说话 |
[09:34] | – People are pinching. – Stop it. Stop it. | – 还掐来掐去 – 行了 行了 |
[09:36] | The party is just starting. Everything’s gonna be just fine. | 聚会才刚开始 一切都会顺利的 |
[09:39] | Don’t you touch me. | 你别碰我 |
[09:43] | Daphne, how are those other…? | Daphne 剩下那些 |
[09:48] | Baby? | 宝贝儿 |
[09:52] | Oh, dear God. | 哦 我的老天啊 |
[09:58] | This bird’s dead. | 这只鸟死了 |
[09:59] | How did this happen? | 怎么回事儿 |
[10:01] | She must have eaten some of the hors d’oeuvres. | 她肯定是吃点了冷盘 |
[10:03] | You mean the ones I just served to Niles’ guests? | 你是说那些我刚给Niles客人吃的冷盘 |
[10:06] | You are very welcome. | 您太客气了 |
[10:09] | Frasier, I am so sorry. I completely overreacted. | Frasier 我真是太抱歉了 我反应过激了 |
[10:12] | They were really perked up once they saw those appetisers of yours. | 他们一看见你上的开胃菜就来精神了 |
[10:14] | You know, I think the Niles Crane party curse | 我跟你说 看来Niles Crane的派对魔咒 |
[10:17] | has finally been laid to rest. | 终于能被终结了 |
[10:23] | What? | 怎么了 |
[10:30] | Will somebody please tell me what happened? | 你们谁来告诉我到底怎么了 |
[10:33] | I’m gonna let Daphne tell you. | 还是让Daphne跟你说吧 |
[10:39] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[10:40] | I don’t mean to alarm you, | 我不是想吓唬你 |
[10:41] | but there’s something wrong with the hors d’oeuvre. | 但是冷盘出了点问题 |
[10:44] | – What? How do you know? – A little bird told me. | – 什么 你怎么知道 – 有只小鸟告诉我的 |
[10:51] | Sorry, sorry. I forgot the garnish. | 抱歉 抱歉 忘记加装饰品了 |
[10:54] | I’m dreadfully embarrassed about this. | 我真是羞愧难当 |
[10:56] | Give me that. Thank you very much. | 给我那个 非常感谢 |
[10:58] | This is the chef’s prerogative. You understand, of course. | 这是大厨的强迫症 你们肯定明白的 |
[11:01] | Roz, for God’s sake. | Roz 你快给我吧 |
[11:07] | Did you see how it happened? Anything? | 你看到是怎么发生的了吗 哪怕一点 |
[11:09] | Well, I did hear her last words, | 这个 我倒是听到了她的临终遗言 |
[11:11] | but I don’t think they’d be of much comfort to you. | 但我觉着你听着肯定不怎么顺耳 |
[11:15] | Oh, God, Niles, I’m so sorry. | 哦 天啊 Niles 真是抱歉 |
[11:17] | The mayonnaise must have gone bad. Or the crab or the pate. | 肯定是蛋黄酱坏掉了 要么就是螃蟹 或者肉酱 |
[11:22] | Which one did she eat? | 她吃的是哪个 |
[11:23] | I don’t know. Daphne, smell her beak. | 我不知道 Daphne 闻闻她的喙 |
[11:27] | All right, all right, Niles, are you all right? | 算了 算了 Niles 你还好吧 |
[11:30] | Yeah, I just need a moment. | 还好 给我点时间 |
[11:31] | – Dr. Crane? – That’s long enough. | – Crane医生 – 够了 |
[11:34] | Excuse me, I’m afraid I spilled punch on my dress. | 不好意思 我撒了点旁趣酒在裙子上 |
[11:37] | – I need a towel. – No. No. | – 我需要条毛巾 – 不行 不行 |
[11:39] | You’re much better off using that… | 你最好还是用 |
[11:41] | Yeah, this bread. | 对 这个面包 |
[11:43] | – It’s more absorbent. – Really? | – 它吸力更强 – 真的 |
[11:45] | Yes, that’s why they call it nature’s sponge. | 是啊 要不怎么叫它大自然的海绵呢 |
[11:49] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:52] | It’s working. | 真管用啊 |
[11:58] | – All right, what do we do now? – Daphne, you get rid of Baby. | – 行了 现在怎么办 – Daphne 把宝贝儿处理掉 |
[12:01] | I’ll get rid of this tainted food. | 我把这些问题食物都扔掉 |
[12:03] | But we still have a roomful of hungry guests | 但咱们还有一屋子的饿鬼客人呢 |
[12:05] | with nothing to serve them. | 没东西招待他们了 |
[12:08] | Oh, God, would you look at that? | 哦 天啊 你们快看看啊 |
[12:10] | She must have swallowed my earring. That’s what killed her. | 她一定是吞了我的耳环 这才是她的死因 |
[12:13] | Oh, that means we don’t have to destroy the hors d’oeuvres. | 那就是说冷盘没事儿 |
[12:15] | Frasier, Frasier, stop. Are there any left? | Frasier Frasier 快停手 还有剩下的吗 |
[12:18] | Yes, we’re in luck. | 有 咱真是走运啊 |
[12:21] | This intrepid little crab puff has survived. | 这个勇敢的螃蟹馅饼幸存了下来 |
[12:24] | Now, all I need is a very sharp knife and 16 toothpicks. | 现在只要一把锋利尖刀和十六支牙签就ok了 |
[12:29] | Niles, I am really getting tired of these people. | Niles 我真是受不了这些人了 |
[12:32] | Some lady just handed me a piece of wet bread. | 刚有个女士扔给我一片湿面包 |
[12:36] | – Oh, this party is doomed. – No, no, Niles, listen. Don’t panic. | – 哦 没救了 – 不 Niles 听我说 你别慌 |
[12:40] | We’ve got everything we need to make more hors d’oeuvres. | 咱有足够的食物来做冷盘 |
[12:42] | All we need is time. You get out there and stall. All right. | 只是需要点时间 你出去尽量拖延 好了 |
[12:45] | Mrs. Latimer, may I get you some punch? | Latimer太太 我给你倒点旁趣酒吧 |
[12:47] | Well, your father went to get me some, | 你父亲刚才去给我拿了 |
[12:49] | but that was quite a while ago. | 不过他去了有一会儿了 |
[12:51] | Please, allow me. Here. | 请让我来吧 |
[12:52] | By the way, where is that adorable bird of yours? | 对了 你那只可爱的小鸟呢 |
[12:56] | She’s resting. | 她在休息 |
[12:59] | Travel really takes it out of her. | 旅行真是让她精疲力尽了 |
[13:01] | You didn’t take her to Africa, surely. | 你没带她去非洲吧 |
[13:04] | Well, she has family there. | 嗯 她在那儿有亲戚 |
[13:09] | Mr. Probst, having a good time? | Probst先生 聚会怎么样啊 |
[13:11] | Look here, Crane, if you’re not gonna feed us, | 听着 Crane 你要是再不上吃的 |
[13:13] | we might as well take the vote right now. | 我们就索性开始投票吧 |
[13:15] | – No, no, no, please. – I mean, you bring the hors d’oeuvres, | – 别 别 别啊 – 我说 你上了冷盘 |
[13:17] | you take the hors d’oeuvres away. | 又拿走了冷盘 |
[13:18] | What kind of a game is this you are playing with? | 你到底搞的什么花样 |
[13:20] | Well, I’m not, I’m not… | 这个 我没有 没有 |
[13:21] | Oh, what a good idea. | 哦 多好的主意啊 |
[13:23] | Why don’t we all play a game? Anyone have any suggestions? | 咱们来玩儿个游戏吧 大家有没有好建议 |
[13:25] | How about Murder? | 玩儿谋杀怎么样 |
[13:27] | We played it at Irene Warriner’s party. It was a hoot. | 咱们在Irene Warriner的聚会上玩过 可有意思了 |
[13:30] | – Oh, how do we play? – Well, here. | – 哦 怎么玩儿啊 – 听我说 |
[13:32] | Someone tear off a few slips of paper | 撕几张纸 |
[13:35] | and on one of them, write the word “Murderer.” | 在其中一张上写上凶手 |
[13:37] | Then we’ll pass them out | 我们一人拿一张 |
[13:38] | and then everyone hide and we’ll turn out the lights. | 然后大家藏起来 关上灯 |
[13:41] | The murderer kills someone, and they lay down on the floor, | 凶手随意杀人 受害者躺在地上 |
[13:43] | and then we turn on the lights | 然后打开灯 |
[13:45] | and the detective tries to solve the crime. | 侦探试着破案 |
[13:47] | I’ll tell you what. I’ll | 要不这样吧 我 |
[13:48] | volunteer to play the detective for the first round. | 自愿来当第一轮的侦探 |
[13:50] | Let the mayhem begin. | 让咱们来大开杀戒吧 |
[13:52] | Oh, Martin, there you are. Come, hide with me. | 哦 Martin 你在这儿呢 快 跟我一块儿藏 |
[13:56] | I know a little nook where no one will find us. | 我知道个没人能找到的地方 |
[14:01] | Oh, this game’s a lot scarier than I thought. | 哦 这个游戏比我想得可怕多了 |
[14:05] | All right, turn out the lights. Everyone, hide. | 好了 关灯 大家快藏 |
[14:13] | – I can’t see. – Can I help you, sir? | – 我看不清啊 – 用我帮忙吗 先生 |
[14:16] | I don’t have my glasses. | 我没戴眼镜 |
[14:17] | Can you tell me what it says on this thing? | 你能告诉我纸上写了什么吗 |
[14:19] | – It says “Murderer.” – Good. Then you’re dead. | – 上面写着凶手 – 行了 那你就死翘翘了 |
[14:23] | This party just gets better and better. | 这个聚会真是越来越有意思了 |
[14:28] | – How soon? – I’m going as fast as I can. | – 还要多久 – 我已经用最快速度了 |
[14:30] | First batch should be ready in five minutes. | 第一批还有五分钟就该好了 |
[14:32] | All right, five minutes it is. | 好的 五分钟 |
[14:35] | Ready or not, here I come. | 不管你们准备好没好 我来啦 |
[14:38] | My goodness, the foul fiend has struck already. | 老天 撒旦已经出击了啊 |
[14:41] | Turn the lights on. | 把灯打开 |
[14:43] | Good heavens, he’s struck twice. | 天啊 他还发的是双响炮呢 |
[14:45] | That’s not really in the rules, is it? | 这可不太合规矩啊 是吧 |
[14:46] | – Frasier? – Once dead, you can not move orspeak. | – Frasier – 死人不能动也说不了话的 |
[14:49] | Take your cue from Mr. Probst. All right, everyone. | 跟Probst先生好好学学吧 好了 大家 |
[14:53] | Did any of you see anything suspicious? | 有没有谁看到可疑的事儿 |
[14:55] | Any odd behaviour? | 任何奇怪的举动 |
[14:58] | Why don’t you just guess | 你就直接猜吧 |
[14:59] | who did it so we can get this thing over with. | 谁是凶手 赶紧玩儿完得了 |
[15:01] | Not yet. | 还没到时候 |
[15:03] | This is very intriguing. | 真是太有意思了 |
[15:05] | I think I’m going to have to think about it for… | 我觉着我得思考一下 大概得 |
[15:11] | …five minutes or so. | 差不多 五分钟吧 |
[15:15] | Maybe this game was a bad idea | 也许玩游戏不是个好主意 |
[15:17] | No, the fun’s just starting. | 才不 乐趣才刚刚开始 |
[15:18] | I tell you what. Let’s turn out the lights again | 我跟你们说 再关一次灯吧 |
[15:20] | and we’ll let our craven villain ply his dark trade once more. | 再让那胆小的恶棍进行一次黑暗的交易吧 |
[15:25] | Are you quite sure those two didn’t die of starvation? | 你确定地上那俩不是饿死的吗 |
[15:28] | That’s very funny. Will you just turn out the lights please? | 太搞笑了 快关灯吧 |
[15:31] | All right, everyone, hide. | 好了 大家躲起来 |
[15:33] | – Frasier, I have a question. – No, Roz. No talking. | – Frasier 我有个问题 – 别 别说话 |
[15:35] | Just tell me, can the murderer commit suicide? | 你就告诉我 凶手可以自杀吗 |
[15:39] | Well, no, Roz. That wouldn’t make much sense, would it? | 不行啊 Roz 这没道理啊 是吧 |
[15:42] | That’s what I thought, but Mr. Probst is the one who murdered me. | 我也这么想啊 但Probst先生是谋杀我的那个 |
[15:45] | – Oh, was he? – Yes. | – 啊 是他 – 对啊 |
[15:47] | Well, then, Mr. Probst, I don’t | 这个 那 Probst先生 我觉着 |
[15:48] | think someone is playing by the rules, is he? | 有的人不按套路出牌啊 是吧 |
[15:52] | You see, this way, no one else can get murdered, can they? | 你看啊 要这样 就没人能被杀了 对吧 |
[15:56] | Mr. Probst? | Probst先生 |
[15:59] | What is it? What are you doing? | 这是什么 你干什么呢 |
[16:01] | – Nothing, Roz, nothing. – Are you taking his pulse? | – 没事儿 Roz 没事儿 – 你在把他的脉吗 |
[16:04] | I’m trying to. I just can’t find one. | 我倒想呢 可我找不到啊 |
[16:08] | Oh, my God. When he fell down, | 哦 天啊 他倒下的时候 |
[16:10] | I thought it was part of the game. It didn’t even look real. | 我以为这是游戏的一部分呢 看着都不像真的 |
[16:13] | It’s time to wind the game up. | 游戏可以结束啦 |
[16:15] | The appetisers are ready and may I say they are delicious. | 开胃菜都准备好啦 不是我自夸 真是美味无比啊 |
[16:17] | I think this party is finally back on track. | 看来这个聚会终于步入正轨了 |
[16:22] | Niles, I’m afraid Mr. Probst has passed on. | Niles 恐怕Probst先生过世了 |
[16:27] | – What? – Yes, you see, | – 你说什么 – 是啊 看来 |
[16:29] | I think that heart condition of his finally caught up with him. | 他的心脏问题终于让他尝到恶果了 |
[16:33] | Dead? No, no, no, he’s sleeping. | 过世了 不 不 不可能 他是睡着了 |
[16:39] | Old people love to nap. | 老人家最爱睡觉了 |
[16:41] | Mr. Probst, time to wake up. Mr. Probst… | Probst先生 该醒醒了 Probst先生 |
[16:44] | Niles, Niles, he’s gone. | Niles Niles 他过世了 |
[16:47] | Oh, my God, this is awful. How could this happen? | 哦 天啊 真是糟糕透顶啊 |
[16:51] | Shouldn’t we notify someone? | 要不要通知什么人啊 |
[16:53] | No, he was a widower. He had no children. | 不用 他是个鳏夫 没有孩子 |
[16:55] | He lived alone in this | 他自己住在 |
[16:56] | building for 25 years. Oh, this is so awful. | 这栋楼里25年了 哦 真是太糟了 |
[16:58] | Mr. Probst was right. I am a menace. | Probst先生说得对 我就是个危险分子 |
[17:00] | No, Niles, this is not your fault. | 不 Niles 这不是你的错 |
[17:02] | But it happened at my party. | 但它发生在我的聚会上啊 |
[17:03] | That’s all they’ll remember. I may as well pack my bags. | 他们只会记住这个的 我还是去收拾行李吧 |
[17:06] | No, I tell you what, there’s no need for that. | 你用不着那么干 |
[17:07] | I think we can still get him out of here without anybody noticing. | 咱们能在大家注意到之前把他搬出去 |
[17:10] | How? | 怎么搬啊 |
[17:12] | – You go find Dad. – Why…? | – 你去把爸找来 – 为什么 |
[17:14] | Tell him to call his friend at the police department. | 告诉他联系在警局的朋友 |
[17:16] | One of his good friends, all right? I’ll handle the rest. | 找个关系好点的 行吗 剩下的我来解决 |
[17:19] | – All right. – What’s the rest? | – 好的 – 剩下的怎么解决 |
[17:21] | I’m going to use the game to distract everybaody. | 我要用这个游戏来分散大家的注意力 |
[17:24] | I will take everyone into the kitchen for questioning, | 我把大家带到厨房去问讯 |
[17:26] | thus drawing their attention from the bodies. | 好让大家注意不到尸体 |
[17:29] | – What do you mean bodies? – Roz… | – 你说的尸体是 – Roz |
[17:31] | – No. – You’ve got to get down. | – 不行 – 你必须得给我躺下 |
[17:33] | – No way in hell. – All right, all right, how’s this? | – 说破大天也不行 – 好吧 好吧 这样行不 |
[17:36] | I will pay your airfare for that vacation of yours next month. | 你下月假期的机票钱我给你出 |
[17:40] | No way. It’s just too creepy. | 不行 这实在太毛骨悚然了 |
[17:42] | – First class? – Business. | – 头等舱 – 商务舱 |
[17:44] | – Done. – All right, get down. | – 成交 – 好的 躺下 |
[17:48] | Lie down. | 快躺好 |
[17:50] | Frasier, Frasier, I found Dad hiding from Mrs. Latimer. | Frasier 我找到在躲Latimer太太的爸爸了 |
[17:53] | – He called his friend. – All right, all right. What’s next? | – 他给朋友打了电话 – 好的 好的 接下来呢 |
[17:55] | I’ll start getting everyone in the kitchen. | 我要把大家召集进厨房 |
[17:57] | Wait, wait. Won’t they wonder why there hasn’t been another murder? | 等下 等下 大家会不会奇怪没有谋杀再发生呢 |
[17:59] | – Good point. – Couldn’t we move this along? | – 有道理 – 能不能赶紧的啊 |
[18:02] | – Roz, quiet. – Here. The waggon’s on its way. | – Roz 安静 – 担架车一会儿就到了 |
[18:04] | When it gets here, let me deal with it. | 等到了 让我来跟他们说 |
[18:06] | All right. Thank you, dad. I really appreciate this. | 好的 太感谢了 老爸 万分感谢 |
[18:07] | Dad, we need one more favour. | 爸 你还得再帮一个忙 |
[18:09] | You are now the killer. Listen. Come on. | 现在你就是凶手了 听着 |
[18:10] | You’ve got to murder somebody, preferably in the kitchen. | 你得去谋杀个人 最好就在厨房里 |
[18:13] | – Oh, come on. – Come on. | – 哦 不是吧 – 当然了啊 |
[18:14] | You’re not gonna make somebody | 你还想再让别人也 |
[18:15] | lie down on this dirty floor again, are you? | 躺在这肮脏的地板上啊 |
[18:17] | There you are, Martin. Have you been hiding from me? | 你在这儿啊 Martin 你是一直在躲我吗 |
[18:21] | Hiding? No, you’re just the person I’ve been looking for. | 躲你 不 你正是我要找的人呢 |
[18:28] | All right, turn on the lights. Everyone… Roz, you okay? | 好了 开灯 大家快 Roz 你还行吗 |
[18:31] | Yeah, it’s a carnival down here. | 当然了 这就是个游乐场啊 |
[18:33] | Everyone. | 大家 |
[18:35] | There has been another murder in the kitchen. | 厨房里发生了第二起谋杀案 |
[18:39] | I am ready to solve the crime if you will all join me | 我马上就能破案 大家跟我一起 |
[18:45] | in the kitchen. | 进厨房吧 |
[18:47] | Why can’t you solve it right here? | 你就不能在这儿破案吗 |
[18:49] | Well, I could. you see. But that wouldn’t be proper. | 当然能了 但那多不合适啊 |
[18:51] | You see, the hors d’oeuvres are in there. | 你们看啊 冷盘还都在厨房呢 |
[18:54] | Come along, all right, everyone. | 来吧 大家过来吧 |
[18:56] | We’ve got food. | 食物都准备好了 |
[18:58] | Don’t touch the crime scene, please. Thank you very much. | 请不要触碰犯罪现场 多谢配合 |
[19:01] | On your way. Thank you very much. | 这边走 非常感谢 |
[19:04] | Hurry, his fingers are getting stiff. | 快点啊 他的手指都要僵掉了 |
[19:09] | All right, then. | 好了 好了 |
[19:10] | Before I determine the identity of the killer, | 在我确认凶手身份之前 |
[19:13] | there are a few questions I’d like to ask each of you. | 我有些问题要问你们 |
[19:17] | – I’ll get it. – No. | – 我去开 – 不行 |
[19:19] | No one leaves until I’ve solved the crime. | 在破案之前谁都不能走 |
[19:21] | Except you, Dad. | 除了你 爸 |
[19:23] | All right, then. | 好的 |
[19:27] | I think I shall begin… | 那我这就开始 |
[19:30] | …by drawing a diagram of where each of you was standing | 画张图表 了解一下大家在第一起凶案 |
[19:34] | when the first murder occurred. | 发生时所处的位置 |
[19:39] | We have established that Miss Finn | 我们已经了解到Finn小姐 |
[19:42] | was talking with Mr. Larkin in the upstairs hall | 和Larkin先生在楼上的大厅谈话 |
[19:47] | at 8:14. | 在八点十四分的时候 |
[19:51] | And he muttered something. | 他还嘀咕了什么 |
[19:56] | Why do you keep looking out there? | 你不停地朝外看什么呢 |
[19:58] | I’ll ask the questions around here, Mrs. Larkin. | 这儿只有我能问问题 Larkin太太 |
[20:02] | We already told you, your father killed Mrs. Latimer. | 我们都跟你说过了 你爸爸杀了Latimer太太 |
[20:05] | – Mrs. Hawkins saw him. – Mrs. Hawkins thought she saw him. | – Hawkins太太看到了 – 她以为自己看见了 |
[20:08] | No, Martin did kill me. | 不 是Martin杀了我 |
[20:10] | And he’s got a lot to learn about playing gently. | 他得好好学学怎么做个温柔的杀手 |
[20:17] | Mrs. Latimer, | Latimer太太 |
[20:19] | we have already broken the no-eating-while-dead rule, | 咱们已经打破了死人没得吃的规定 |
[20:21] | but we will stand fast on the quiet one. | 但死人决不能说话 |
[20:25] | I’m bored, and I’m going home. | 太无聊了 我要回家了 |
[20:28] | No, no, no, wait, you can’t blame Niles for this because | 别 别 别 等下 你不能把这怪到Niles头上 因为 |
[20:32] | my father is the killer. | 我父亲是凶手 |
[20:36] | Yes, the case is closed. Shall we all play another round? | 是的 结案了 再来玩儿一轮吧 |
[20:39] | God forbid. Where’s Probst? | 天啊 不要了 Probst呢 |
[20:42] | He just left. He wasn’t feeling well. | 他刚走了 他有点不舒服 |
[20:44] | – Yes, I hope he’s all right, poor man. – Well, who cares? | – 是啊 希望他没事儿 真可怜啊 – 谁在乎啊 |
[20:46] | I never liked the old coot anyway. | 我从没喜欢过那个老傻瓜 |
[20:49] | You didn’t? | 你不喜欢 |
[20:51] | I was planning to vote for you tonight just to annoy him. | 我今晚打算支持你的 就为了膈应他 |
[20:54] | – Me too. – Well, why don’t we vote right now? | – 我也是 – 那 要不现在就投票吧 |
[20:56] | Consider it done. You’re in, Crane. Welcome back. | 没问题 都支持你 Crane 欢迎回来 |
[21:00] | Carol, let’s get out of here. | Carol 咱快走吧 |
[21:04] | Doesn’t he have anything stiffer than punch to drink? | 就没什么比旁趣酒更烈的东西了吗 |
[21:07] | I don’t like looking at dead bodies, much less touching them. | 我可不喜欢看尸体 更别提摸了 |
[21:10] | He’s got a bottle of vodka in the freezer, Roz. | 冰箱里还有一瓶伏特加 Roz |
[21:12] | Oh, great. | 哦 太好了 |
[21:23] | Thank you. Thank you so much for this second chance, | 谢谢能给我第二次机会 |
[21:25] | and I can assure you, from now on, | 我跟你们保证 从现在开始 |
[21:27] | this will be the quietest apartment in the Montana. | 这会成为蒙大拿最安静的公寓 |
[21:29] | Oh, my God! | 哦 我的天啊 |
[21:31] | Good night. | 晚安啦 |