时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | – Evening, Niles. – Frasier. Everybody ready? | – 晚上好 Niles – 晚上好 Frasier 准备好了吗 |
[00:11] | Just about. | 差不多了 |
[00:13] | Oh, new cufflinks. Those are very smart. | 哦 新袖扣 看起来很别致啊 |
[00:15] | Yes, well, you’ve seen these before, haven’t you? | 是啊 不过我之前戴过 你忘啦 |
[00:17] | – I always wear them with a tux. – Of course you do. | – 我穿正装的时候都会带的 – 哦 对 |
[00:19] | Well, still, nothing catches the eye like a sharp pair of cufflinks. | 对 没什么比精致的袖扣更能抓人眼球的了 |
[00:25] | So those are very nice too. | 你的袖扣也很别致嘛 |
[00:26] | – Oh, these. – Gold. | – 哦 这对 – 金的 |
[00:27] | Well, I knew you’d wear silver. I didn’t want us to look alike. | 嗯 我知道你会戴银的 我不想咱们两个一样 |
[00:30] | No. | 是啊 |
[00:32] | – Hello. – Oh, hi, Roz. | – 你们好啊 – 嗨 Roz |
[00:34] | – Hi. – Come on in. | – 嗨 – 快进来 |
[00:35] | – Sorry I’m late. – Well, that’s all right. | – 不好意思来晚了 – 没事啦 |
[00:37] | – Hey, Roz. – Daphne,thank you so much for watching Alice. | – 你来了 Roz – Daphne 谢谢你帮我照看Alice |
[00:40] | She’s way overdue for her nap. Maybe I can get her to sleep. | 她早就该睡觉了 我看看能不能把她哄着 |
[00:42] | Great. We’ll set her up in my room. | 太好了 让她在我房间里睡吧 |
[00:43] | You know, we don’t wanna be late for that silent auction. | 咱们去无声拍卖会可别迟到了 |
[00:46] | You know, I can’t believe that you donated another day | 你怎么能今年又把”Crane医生秀幕后一日游” |
[00:48] | behind the scenes of the Frasier Crane Show this year. | 当成拍卖项目捐出去了 |
[00:50] | Well, why not, Roz? It’s for a ver good cause. | 怎么了 Roz 这是为了慈善事业啊 |
[00:52] | The Kelly Ann Grunther Foundation does excellent work. | Kelly Ann Grunther基金会做了不少善事 |
[00:55] | Well,you weren’t trapped in my booth | 站着说话不腰疼啊 去年害我 |
[00:56] | with that mouth-breather for three hours last year. | 陪一个口臭的哥们儿在录音室待了三小时 |
[00:58] | Well, he wasn’t that bad. Some sort of an engineer, wasn’t he? | 不至于那么糟嘛 他也是个工程师来着不是 |
[01:01] | Well, he wasn’t a dental hygienist, that’s for sure. | 反正肯定不是个牙医 |
[01:05] | Daphne, can you help me with these cufflinks? | Daphne 过来帮我弄下袖扣成吗 |
[01:08] | Oh, all right. | 来了 |
[01:09] | – What is this, Daphne? – I’m chatting online with Donny. | – 这是什么 Daphne – 我在和Donny网上聊天呢 |
[01:12] | Oh, what’s he saying? | 他说什么了 |
[01:15] | “I can’t wait to come home and see my wittle Engwish cwumpet.” | “真想快点回家见到我的小尧经” |
[01:21] | Apparently, he has some sort of typing impediment. | 看来他有些打字障碍啊 |
[01:24] | I don’t want him to think I’ve abandoned him. | 我不想把他干晾在那儿 |
[01:26] | Would you mind taking over? | 你能帮我回他一下吗 |
[01:28] | Tell him I miss him too. | 告诉他我也想他 |
[01:30] | All right. | 好吧 |
[01:32] | And I’m counting the days till he comes home. | 我一直在数着日子盼他回来呢 |
[01:35] | And there’s no one I love more than my fuzzy-wuzzy… | 最爱我毛茸茸的 |
[01:39] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[01:41] | I’m sorry. I seem to have lost him. | 抱歉 我好像不小心关了对话框 |
[01:44] | – Oh, maybe I can get him back. – Thank you. | – 没事 我待会再找他吧 – 谢谢 |
[01:46] | Well, there we are. Alice is all squared away. | 好了 已经搞定Alice了 |
[01:49] | She went right to sleep. Shall we? | 她一下就睡着了 我们走吧 |
[01:51] | Have a good time. Don’t spend too much. | 好好玩啊 但是别花太多钱 |
[01:53] | Oh, don’t worry about that. | 放心吧 |
[01:54] | I’ve got a whole system worked out | 我有特殊的竞拍技巧 |
[01:56] | where I can get anything I want for the minimum bid. | 可以用最低的价格买到我想要的东西 |
[01:58] | Dad, it’s hardly in spirit with the evening. | 这可不是今晚该有的态度啊 |
[02:00] | We’re raising money for the Kelly Ann Grunther fund. | 我们可是在给Kelly Ann Grunther基金会筹资的 |
[02:02] | Baloney, you just wanna go | 扯吧 你就是想过去 |
[02:03] | there so you can hobnob with all your snooty friends. | 和你那些眼高于顶的朋友们厮混 |
[02:06] | – That is not true. – Oh, yeah? | – 别瞎说 – 哦 是吗 |
[02:07] | Well, then answer me one question, | 那你倒是说说 |
[02:09] | just who is Kelly Ann Grunther? | Kelly Ann Grunther是谁 |
[02:10] | Kelly Ann Grunther is the person | Kelly Ann Grunther就是 |
[02:14] | responsible for the Kelly Ann Grunther Foundation. | 管理Kelly Ann Grunther基金会的人呗 |
[02:17] | Yes, but what does that mean? | 那是具体是干什么的呢 |
[02:18] | Well, I guess she’s just a very wealthy person | 就是她是个有钱人 |
[02:19] | that put up a lot of money, right? | 给基金会提供了很多资金呗 |
[02:21] | I thought she had some kind of disease. | 我还以为她有什么绝症呢 |
[02:23] | I thought she was a scientist doing research. | 我以为是个做研究的科学家 |
[02:25] | In other words, it could’ve been called the Eddie Eddieman Foundation | 换句话说 只要银盘子里有好吃的 |
[02:28] | as long as there was fancy food on silver platters. | 也能叫做Eddie Eddieman基金会咯 |
[02:39] | See anything exciting to bid on? | 有什么想买的吗 |
[02:40] | Well, no, it’s mostly the same items as last year. | 没啊 跟去年的东西都差不多 |
[02:43] | “A day of beauty with internationally known | “由国际知名造型师Raphael |
[02:45] | stylist Raphael.” | 提供的一天美容美体体验” |
[02:46] | Yes, I see Missy Cromwell put down for that. | 我看Cromwell小姐拍这个了 |
[02:48] | Well, can you blame her? | 不能怪她啊 |
[02:50] | Her last day of beauty was during the Johnson administration. | 上次有人说她美丽已经是上个世纪的事情了 |
[02:55] | Actually, Niles, this is rather interesting. | 诶 Niles 这个还挺有意思的 |
[02:57] | “The Laureate Luncheon. | “桂冠午餐 |
[02:59] | Break bread with three Nobel Prize winners, | 与三位诺奖得主一起进餐” |
[03:02] | Alan Zafrin Jane Randall Doctors Alan Zafrin, Jane Randall, | |
[03:04] | and Terence Quinn.” | 和Terence Quinn博士 |
[03:06] | Oh, my. | 天呐 |
[03:08] | It’s an opportunity to meet | 是个绝佳的机会 |
[03:09] | with three of the greatest thinkers of our time. | 能和我们时代最伟大的思想家见面啊 |
[03:11] | I’m amazed they even got them all in the same room together. | 够厉害啊 居然能把他们凑到一起 |
[03:13] | You know, Zafrin is a legendary recluse. | Zafrin可是隐士 神龙见首不见尾 |
[03:14] | Yes, he’ll be at Fiddlestix tomorrow at noon. | 嗯 他明天中午会去费德提克餐厅 |
[03:17] | – I’ll try that. – Good luck to you, Niles. | – 我要竞拍这个 – 祝你好运啦 Niles |
[03:19] | – Thank you. – You know, they say Quinn is quite witty. | – 谢谢 – 他们说Quinn是个极其睿智的人 |
[03:22] | In nuclear physics circles, | 在核物理界 |
[03:23] | he’s referred to as the half-life of the party. | 他一个人就顶着半壁江山 |
[03:27] | Well, what do we have at this table? | 来看看这桌上都有啥 |
[03:29] | Oh, the Windsor Monarch 2000, huh? | 温莎君主2000烧烤炉啊 |
[03:33] | Isn’t this the one they had to recall | 对了 这是不是那个 |
[03:35] | because the propane tanks kept exploding? | 因为丙烷气罐爆炸而被召回的烧烤炉 |
[03:38] | – They did? – Yeah. | – 是吗 – 是啊 |
[03:39] | I sure feel sorry for this guy, Martin Crane. | 真为这个Maritin Crane感到悲哀 |
[03:42] | Better get himself an apron that says “Kiss the chef good-bye.” | 他应该再买条围裙 上书”拜拜了您哪” |
[03:52] | Are you bidding on this one too? | 你也要拍这个吗 |
[03:53] | No, no, I’m Roz Doyle, Frasier Crane’s producer. | 不 不是 我是Roz Doyle Crane医生秀的制作人 |
[03:56] | If you win this, you’ll be spending the afternoon with me. | 要是你把它拍下来 就会和我共度一个下午 |
[03:59] | Well, I hope I do. I’m a big fan of the show. | 太好了 我是节目的忠实听众呢 |
[04:03] | Hello there. | 你好啊 |
[04:07] | Hi, Noel. What are you doing here? | Hi Noel 你来这干什么 |
[04:09] | I came to bid on my favourite auction item. | 我来竞拍自己最喜欢的拍卖品啊 |
[04:12] | I should warn you, lady luck is on my side tonight. | 跟你说哦 幸运女神今天站在我这边呢 |
[04:14] | The last guy who rented this tux | 上个租这套礼服的人 |
[04:16] | left a perfectly good comb in the pocket. | 在兜里留下了一个完好的梳子 |
[04:20] | – May I? – Oh, gosh. | – 我过去写一下 – 天啊 |
[04:21] | Oh, there’s no pen. I’m sorry, Noel. | 没有笔了 不好意思 Noel |
[04:23] | No problemo. | 没问题的啦 |
[04:26] | I wear one around my neck. | 我脖子上挂着一根 |
[04:31] | – Oh, damn. – What is it? | – 我去 – 怎么了 |
[04:33] | It looks like I have some competition for this luncheon. | 看来有人想跟我抢这顿午饭了 |
[04:36] | An Alistair Mowbray doubled my bid to $500. | Alistair Mowbray把价格翻倍到500美元了 |
[04:41] | I’ve heard that name before. | 我听过这个名字 |
[04:43] | Yes, you know, it sounds familiar to me too. | 嗯 我听着也挺熟悉的 |
[04:45] | Wait a minute, isn’t he that young, ruthless software tycoon? | 等会 他是不是那个年少轻狂的软件大亨 |
[04:48] | – Oh, great. – Yeah. | – 真是的 – 嗯 |
[04:49] | There’s no use competing against those deep pockets. | 跟那些财大气粗的人争没必要啊 |
[04:52] | But you know, Niles, this vase here deserves a second look. | 但Niles 这个花瓶倒是还不错 |
[04:53] | Yes, but wait a minute. | 嗯 等会 |
[04:56] | Mowbray Mowbray? | |
[04:57] | Wasn’t that the nom de plume you used in prep school | 这不是你读预科学校的时候 |
[05:00] | for your society column? | 写社科专栏时用的笔名吗 |
[05:03] | What a remarkable coincidence. | 真是个惊喜的巧合啊 |
[05:07] | You were secretly trying to outbid me. | 你就是想暗戳戳地赢了我 |
[05:09] | All right. I thought if you | 好吧 我是想着 |
[05:10] | were bidding against a stranger, you don’t need to go so high, | 和陌生人竞拍 你就不会把价钱提得太高 |
[05:12] | but if it was me, | 但如果对方是我的话 |
[05:13] | then your childish competitiveness would kick in. | 你幼稚的好胜心就会介入了 |
[05:15] | Well, that is nonsense. Give me the pen. | 胡扯 把笔给我 |
[05:17] | No, no, I’m saving you from yourself. | 不给 我是在拯救你 |
[05:19] | – Give me that. – I will not. | – 给我 – 不给 |
[05:20] | Frasier, In the name of Kelly Ann Grunther | 以Kelly Ann Grunther的名义 |
[05:21] | and everything she stands for… | 以及她所代表的 |
[05:22] | – She can’t stand. – How do you know? | – 她站不起来 – 你怎么知道 |
[05:24] | I asked. | 我问了 |
[05:28] | I can’t believe I’m bidding this much. | 难以置信 我居然写了这么高的价码 |
[05:30] | Don’t worry. We’re gonna have so much fun. | 别担心 我们在一起会很开心的 |
[05:33] | It’ll be so great being in that booth together, Roz. | 可以和你一起到录音间一定很棒 Roz |
[05:36] | No need to get me extra headphones. | 不用再给我拿耳麦了 |
[05:38] | I’ll just share yours. | 我用你的就好 |
[05:41] | We are coming up on the final minute of tonight’s auction. | 今晚的竞拍还有最后一分钟 |
[05:45] | No bids will be accepted after the whistle blow. | 哨响后的竞拍都视为无效 |
[05:49] | Listen, Jody, can I talk to you? | 打扰下 Jody 说句话 |
[05:51] | I’d love to bid more, but I’m really at my limit. | 我也想再加价 但是确实到我的极限了 |
[05:57] | I really want you to win this. | 我真的很想你能赢 |
[05:59] | I really think we would hit it off. | 我们肯定会非常投缘的 |
[06:02] | Oh, you too, huh? | 你也是这么想的吗 |
[06:03] | I thought I sensed a little spark between us, Roz. | 我就觉得咱们之间有点火花 Roz |
[06:07] | A spark? | 火花 |
[06:09] | Maybe after the show we could get a drink or have some dinner? | 没准节目结束后我们能去吃个饭 |
[06:21] | You like Italian? | 你喜欢意大利菜吗 |
[06:24] | Well, I think it’s time to separate the men from the boys. | 这回该展示下什么是男人 而什么是男孩了 |
[06:27] | You will never top this bid. | 你肯定超不过这个价码的 |
[06:30] | You’re right, Niles. I won’t top it. | 是吗 Niles 我超不过吗 |
[06:32] | I will double it. | 我还会翻倍嘞 |
[06:36] | Then I’d like to see the look on your face when I double your bid. | 那我倒想看看我再翻倍的时候 你脸上的表情呢 |
[06:41] | What? | 什么 |
[06:44] | You didn’t double it. You just added $50 to it. | 你根本没翻倍 只是加了50美元而已 |
[06:47] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[06:50] | The geniuses are mine. | 那些天才都是我的了 |
[06:51] | Well, there certainly was some spirited bidding | 这个午餐的竞逐 |
[06:54] | over this luncheon, wasn’t there? | 真是激烈啊 |
[06:56] | My goodness. | 天呐 |
[06:58] | Four thousand, 50 dollars. | 四千零五十美元 |
[07:02] | What have I done? | 我到底干了啥 |
[07:03] | You’ve let your competitiveness get the better of you. It serves you right. | 你被你无聊的好胜心打败了 活该 |
[07:06] | Due to the overwhelming interest in this luncheon, | 既然这顿午餐的吸引力这么大 |
[07:10] | I propose adding another place to the table. | 我提议再加一张椅子 |
[07:12] | That is, if we can convince our runner-up, Dr. Frasier Crane, | 让我们的亚军Frasier Crane医生也加入 |
[07:16] | to match his brother’s generous bid. | 只要他愿意出同样的价钱 |
[07:22] | What do you say, Dr. Crane? | 你觉得怎么样 Crane医生 |
[07:26] | All right. | 我同意 |
[07:32] | Dear God, we’ve just spent $8000 for a lunch. | 天啊 我们为了顿饭花了八千美元 |
[07:37] | Frasier, just try to remember it’s for a very worthy cause. | Frasier 算了 反正是为了慈善事业 |
[07:39] | Thanks to the Doctors Crane, | 多亏了Crane医生们的慷慨解囊 |
[07:41] | there will be a lot fewer homeless cats on the streets of Seattle next year. | 明年西雅图的街道上 将会少很多流浪猫 |
[07:58] | – Hey, Daph. – Hey. | – 我回来了 Daphne – 嘿 |
[08:00] | – Have a good time at the auction? – Oh, yeah. | – 拍卖会挺好的吧 – 相当好啊 |
[08:02] | I got a great new barbecue, Windsor Monarch 2000. | 到手了一个超棒的烧烤炉 温莎君主2000 |
[08:06] | I wonder if they named it that | 我怀疑他们这么叫它 |
[08:07] | because that’s the one the royal family uses. | 因为它是皇家同款 |
[08:09] | Oh, I’m sure it is. | 绝对没错 |
[08:10] | That’s actually the new postage stamp in England. | 英格兰最新的邮票上就印了它呢 |
[08:13] | Her Majesty with a pair of barbecue tongs and a sauce brush. | 女王大人拿着夹子和酱料刷 |
[08:19] | Yes, well, at least Dad didn’t have to go into debt for his purchase. | 至少老爸不会因为今晚买的东西而负债 |
[08:22] | Oh, yes. Roz told me about your lunch with the geniuses. | 对 Roz告诉我你们和天才的午餐了 |
[08:26] | What? Roz beat us back here? | 什么 Roz比我们回来得早 |
[08:27] | Yeah, she was trying to ditch Noel. | 是啊 她想甩掉Noel嘛 |
[08:29] | Apparently, he’s not allowed onto the highway with his moped. | 因为他的小摩托不能开上高速 |
[08:36] | Frasier, do you ever wonder why we do all this, all this competition? | Frasier 你好奇过我们是为了什么争吗 |
[08:39] | Where did it even start? | 究竟是什么时候开始的 |
[08:42] | Well, that’s a good question, Niles. | 问得好 Niles |
[08:45] | Well, think back. | 现在回想起来 |
[08:47] | What is the first thing you can remember us competing over? | 咱们争的第一个东西是什么来着 |
[08:50] | Have to be Mom. | 一定是老妈喽 |
[08:53] | We were always jockeying for her time and attention. | 我们一直想方设法夺得她的时间和注意 |
[08:55] | Yes, well, it was a lot more difficult for me, actually. | 其实 对我来说还挺难的 |
[08:59] | – You being her favourite. – What? | – 因为你是她最宠的那个 – 什么 |
[09:02] | You were the favourite. | 你才是 |
[09:03] | Oh, don’t be ridiculous, Niles. She adored you. | 别逗了 Niles 她喜欢你 |
[09:05] | Don’t you remember the time that you lost your tricycle? | 你记得有回你丢了三轮车吗 |
[09:08] | She actually took mine away from me, gave it to you. | 她直接把我的拿走给你了 |
[09:10] | That was for your own good. | 那是为你好啊 |
[09:11] | No 8-year-old should be riding a tricycle. | 8岁的孩子还骑什么三轮车呀 |
[09:18] | I had a chronic ear infection that affected my balance. | 我那是因为慢性中耳炎影响了平衡 |
[09:23] | Mom worshipped the ground you walked on. | 你做什么都能讨得老妈的欢心 |
[09:26] | Remember when we brought those bowls home from pottery class, | 还记得我们陶艺课做的碗吗 |
[09:28] | she used yours for cranberry sauce | 感恩节时 她用你那个盛蔓越莓酱 |
[09:30] | at Thanksgiving and mine as a dog dish. | 却拿我的当狗食盆 |
[09:32] | What did you expect her to do? | 那不能怪她呀 |
[09:33] | You painted a little dog right on it. | 还不是因为你在碗上画了只小狗 |
[09:35] | That was a turkey. | 那是只火鸡 |
[09:40] | Well, isn’t this ironic? | 挺讽刺的不是吗 |
[09:44] | If both of us thinks the other one was the favourite | 如果我们都觉得对方才是被宠爱的那个 |
[09:45] | then neither of us was. | 那其实我们两个都不是 |
[09:48] | Oh, so all our competition was pointless. | 我们的争夺根本毫无意义 |
[09:49] | Oh, I wish we’d talked about this years ago. | 真希望我们之前就说开了 |
[09:52] | Oh, Lord, yes. | 天 是啊 |
[09:53] | The angst we could have spared ourselves. | 那能省去多少苦楚啊 |
[09:56] | Do you remember those IQ tests that we took? | 还记得我们做的IQ测试吗 |
[09:59] | I was sick waiting for the results. | 我没耐心等待结果 |
[10:01] | Which we never found out, of course. | 结果一直都不知道最后的分数 |
[10:03] | Mom refused to tell us | 老妈一直不说 |
[10:04] | anything except that we were two points apart. | 只是说咱们就差2分 |
[10:06] | – I knew you had the higher score. – I was convinced you did. | – 我知道你是分高的那个 – 我觉得你是 |
[10:10] | Well,Mom was certainly right not to tell us. | 老妈没告诉咱们是对的 |
[10:13] | Yes, she certainly was. | 非常明智 |
[10:15] | She knew back then that we were both too childish | 她知道我们当时不能正确面对结果 |
[10:18] | and competitive to handle it. | 我们太幼稚 太争强好胜 |
[10:27] | You know what would be a sign of real growth, Niles? | 你知道成熟的标志是什么吗 Niles |
[10:31] | To find out those scores right now? | 去看看我们的IQ分数 |
[10:33] | Exactly. How often in life are you afforded an opportunity | 是的 人有多少机会 |
[10:35] | to discover really how much you’ve evolved? | 能看自己进步多少了呢 |
[10:38] | Exactly. Dad? | 就是 老爸 |
[10:40] | Do you know what our IQs are? | 你知道我们的IQ有多少吗 |
[10:42] | No, but I got a pretty good idea at that auction tonight. | 不知道 但从今晚拍卖会倒是能看出来 |
[10:49] | No, Dad, the IQ tests that we took when we were children. | 不是 我是说我们小时候做的IQ测试 |
[10:52] | – Would you have saved those? – Sure. | – 你还留着呢吗 – 当然了 |
[10:54] | Your mother and I saved all that stuff, | 我和你妈妈把那些都存着呢 |
[10:55] | report cards, finger paintings, poems. | 成绩单啊 手指画啊 写的小诗什么的 |
[10:58] | It’s in an old Ballantine’s box in my closet. | 都在我衣柜里的一个百龄坛酒盒里 |
[11:01] | Oh, Dad, why don’t you just admit it? | 老爸 你就承认了吧 |
[11:02] | You’re more of a sentimentalist than you let on. | 你其实也是个铁汉柔情的人呀 |
[11:04] | Yeah, I guess I am. | 可能还真是 |
[11:06] | That was the first case of beer | 那是我和你妈妈买的 |
[11:07] | your mother and I ever bought together. | 第一箱啤酒的盒子 |
[11:12] | I still can’t get over | 我还是不能理解他们 |
[11:13] | how much they spent at that auction. | 怎么能在拍卖会上花掉那么多钱 |
[11:15] | Oh, they’ve always tried to one-up each other. | 唉 他们总是想胜过对方 |
[11:17] | Yeah, I suppose all brothers are like that. | 我觉得天底下的兄弟都一个样 |
[11:19] | Mine certainly were. Everything was a contest. | 我的兄弟也这样 事事都要争 |
[11:23] | Who could run the fastest, jump the highest. | 谁跑得最快 跳得最高 |
[11:25] | They even had this strange one | 有一次特过分 |
[11:27] | where they’d take little brother Michael, | 他们把小弟Michael装进放土豆的麻袋了 |
[11:29] | put him in a potato sack and see who could bowl him the farthest | 然后看谁能在结冰的湖面上 |
[11:32] | over the frozen lake out back. | 把麻袋滚得更远 |
[11:36] | Oh, they loved that game. | 哦 他们可喜欢这个游戏啦 |
[11:37] | Until that year the spring thaw set in early, | 结果有一年春天解冻得早 |
[11:40] | and poor Michael went right through the ice. | 可怜的Michael掉冰窟窿里了 |
[11:43] | Oh, they caught hell for that one, they did. | 那次他们挨了一顿臭骂 |
[11:46] | Caught it worse a week later when Michael’s toe finally fell off. | 一周后Michael脚趾头掉了 他们又挨了顿臭揍 |
[11:51] | Michael cried and cried, | Michael一直在哭啊哭 |
[11:54] | till they told him to | 结果他们安慰他说 |
[11:55] | put it under his pillow for the Toe Fairy. | 可以把脚趾放到枕头底下等脚趾仙子 |
[11:59] | Then when he got five quid for it, why, | 最后他之后拿到了五英镑 |
[12:00] | it was all they could do | 是哥哥们凑起来的 要不 |
[12:01] | to stop him from sawing off the rest of them. | 他就要把剩下的趾头都锯下来啦 |
[12:03] | God, what’s keeping you guys with that box? | 天 你们还没找到吗 |
[12:06] | Here it is, Dad. | 找到了 老爸 |
[12:08] | Gosh, this is a virtual treasure trove of memorabilia. | 这简直是追寻过去的寻宝游戏 |
[12:12] | Can’t believe what’s in this. | 里面居然有这么多宝贝 |
[12:12] | Choir ribbons, Most Improved Badminton. | 唱诗班丝带 进步最大羽毛球奖 |
[12:15] | – Oh, yes. – The tap dance certificate. | – 嗯 – 踢踏舞证 |
[12:17] | Yeah, I remember going through that box with your mother. | 嗯 我常常和你妈妈一起翻这个盒子 |
[12:20] | She always knew just what to say to cheer me up. | 她总是知道应该说什么让我开心 |
[12:23] | “So what if the trophy | “奖杯上写的是’棒球’还是 |
[12:25] | says ‘Baking’ instead of ‘Baseball’, Marty. | ‘烘焙’有什么关系呢 Marty |
[12:28] | Catcher’s mitts or oven mitts, they’re our little champions.” | 无论是接球手还是厨师 他们都是我们的冠军” |
[12:36] | Now, wait, this is report cards. This might be something. | 等等 我找到个报告单 可能就是IQ测试的 |
[12:40] | Well, here they are. | 还真是 |
[12:48] | Congratulations, Frasier. One twenty-nine. | 恭喜你 Frasier 129分 |
[12:50] | Is that good? | 这算高吗 |
[12:52] | Oh, good? It’s practically genius. Bravo, Frasier. | 何止高 简直就是天才啊 Frasier 你真厉害 |
[12:54] | Listen up, Niles, now. | 好了 Niles |
[12:56] | Where are you? Higher or lower? | 你呢 高还是低啊 |
[12:57] | I don’t see mine yet. I am… | 我还没看我的呢 我的成绩 |
[13:03] | …higher. | 要高点 |
[13:04] | Well, congratulations. I doff my hat to you, Mr. 131. | 祝贺你了 脱帽致礼 131先生 |
[13:10] | Higher. | 再高一点 |
[13:15] | What do you mean, higher? Mom told us we were two points apart. | 什么叫再高一点 妈妈说咱们就差2分啊 |
[13:17] | Well, apparently, Mom was being tactful. | 很明显 妈妈处理得很圆滑 |
[13:20] | How tactful? | 有多圆滑 |
[13:21] | – Well… – Give me that! | – 这个吧 – 把成绩单给我 |
[13:27] | One fifty-six. My God, that’s… | 156分 天呐 这差了 |
[13:31] | – Twenty-seven points. – Yes, I know! | – 27分 – 我知道 |
[13:36] | I never should have told you guys about the box. | 我就不应该告诉你们有这个盒子 |
[13:38] | No, no, Dad, I’m fine with this. | 没事 老爸 我没事 |
[13:39] | The entire point of this exercise was to prove | 找这个就是为了证明 |
[13:41] | that Niles and I have moved beyond our competitiveness. | Niles和我不再争强好胜了 |
[13:44] | And we have. I’m very proud of my little brother. | 我们也确实做到了 我为我的弟弟骄傲 |
[13:49] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[13:50] | And I am proud of how mature you are being about all of this. | 我也为你的成熟大度感到骄傲 |
[13:53] | In fact, if there were a test for maturity, | 实际上 如果有个成熟度测试 |
[13:54] | I think your score would be much… | 你的成绩一定会很 |
[13:56] | Niles, that’s enough. | Niles 不用安慰我了 |
[14:00] | You know what? I suggest | 这样吧 我觉得 |
[14:00] | that we go ahead and call it a night, Niles. | 今天晚上就这样吧 Niles |
[14:04] | We want to be nice and refreshed for our meeting | 我们明天得精神饱满的 |
[14:07] | with the three geniuses tomorrow. | 去和那三个天才见面啊 |
[14:09] | Or in my case, the four geniuses. | 不过对我来说 应该是四个天才 |
[14:13] | Oh, now, you, well… | 这个 哎呀 你 |
[14:15] | Good night, Dad. Well, I’ll meet you at the restaurant. | 晚安 老爸 明天餐厅见 |
[14:18] | – Oh, good night, Niles. – Yeah, okay. | – 晚安 Niles – 嗯 |
[14:19] | – Sleep tight. – You too. | – 好好休息 – 你也是 |
[14:23] | Daphne, is that university library open all night? | Daphne 大学图书馆是通宵都开着呢吗 |
[14:27] | – I think so. Why do you ask? – Oh, for God’s sake. | – 应该吧 怎么了 – 哦 还用说吗 |
[14:29] | Do you think I’m going to let my little brother humiliate me tomorrow? | 如果你觉得我会听任我弟明天羞辱我 那你就错了 |
[14:31] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[14:32] | Dad, he is smarter than I am. | 老爸 他比我聪明 |
[14:34] | Niles will be sitting there rambling on with the geniuses about the cosmos, | 明天Niles会和天才们说什么宇宙啊 |
[14:37] | black holes, matter, anti-matter, and I won’t matter at all. | 黑洞 物质 反物质什么的 而我只能坐着干瞪眼 |
[14:41] | I’m going to have to make myself a nice thermos full of coffee | 我得装上一瓶热咖啡 |
[14:44] | and get down to that library. | 然后去图书馆 |
[14:45] | Frasier, what do you think you’re gonna learn in one night? | Frasier 你觉得一晚上能学到什么啊 |
[14:48] | Just enough to ask some informed questions, Dad. | 起码能问点有深度的问题 老爸 |
[14:50] | I may not have a 156 IQ, but I am a quick study. | 我也许没有156的IQ 但我学得快 |
[14:54] | Daphne, is there something wrong with this coffee pot? | Daphne 咖啡壶坏了吗 |
[14:56] | You have to plug it in. | 你得插插销 |
[14:57] | Well, there. You won’t have to tell me that again. | 瞧 这个你就不用再告诉我第二遍 |
[15:08] | Hello Niles Hello, Niles. | |
[15:09] | Frasier. Sleep well last night? | Frasier 昨晚睡得怎么样 |
[15:12] | Oh, yes. Like a baby. | 挺好的 像婴儿一样酣睡整晚 |
[15:14] | Like a baby with library privileges. | 是在图书馆里学习的婴儿吧 |
[15:19] | I know what you did. | 我知道你都干了什么 |
[15:20] | How? | 怎么知道的 |
[15:22] | The way you rushed me out of there last night. | 昨天你那么急着轰我出门 |
[15:24] | I sensed something was up so I waited in my car, | 我就知道有问题 所以等在车里 |
[15:25] | and sure enough, ten minutes later you tore out of your garage. | 果然 10分钟之后就看你开车走了 |
[15:29] | Oh, Niles, I’m so sorry. It’s just that… | Niles 对不起 我只是 |
[15:31] | No, no, no, I don’t wanna hear any more of your facile excuses. | 够了 够了 我不想再听你瞎掰的借口了 |
[15:36] | – Excuse me. – Gesundheit. | – 抱歉 – 长命百岁 |
[15:37] | I’m sorry, I think your competitiveness has sunk to a new low. | 不好意思 你的好胜心把你的人品都拉低了 |
[15:41] | Please, I’m ashamed of you. | 真为你感到羞耻 |
[15:42] | Please, I’m terribly sorry. | 你不要怪我啊 我十分抱歉 |
[15:43] | It’s just I was so insecure | 只是觉得带着我那点智商来这吃饭 |
[15:44] | about even coming to this luncheon at all. | 太没安全感了 |
[15:48] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[15:50] | You just scratched your ear. | 你抓了耳朵 |
[15:52] | You were at the library too. | 你昨天也在图书馆 |
[15:53] | I most certainly was not. | 我确定一定以及肯定没有 |
[15:55] | The only thing that makes you sneeze and scratch your ear | 能让你打喷嚏和抓耳朵的 |
[15:56] | is your parchment-mite allergy! | 就是羊皮纸螨虫过敏症 |
[16:01] | So that was you sneezing from behind the stacks all night. | 原来在书架后面打了一晚上喷嚏的是你 |
[16:07] | Oh, I had to go. | 呃 我必须得去 |
[16:08] | I knew you’d be racing through those scientific journals faster | 你浏览那些科学杂志的速度 |
[16:11] | than a proton in a particle accelerator. | 比质子在粒子加速器里的速度还快 |
[16:14] | Oh, stop showing off. | 你别显摆了行不 |
[16:16] | Speaking of accelerating particles, | 说到加速粒子 |
[16:17] | do something about that sneezing. | 想办法治治你这喷嚏吧 |
[16:19] | I took some of these before, | 我吃过药了 |
[16:20] | but they’re not as strong as I thought. | 但是药效没我想得那么强 |
[16:22] | I’m going to take a couple more. | 我得再吃几片 |
[16:33] | Niles, why don’t you just go home and go to bed? | Niles 你还是回家休息一下吧 |
[16:37] | Oh, that is exactly what you’d like for me to be happening. | 哼 你少痴心妄想了 |
[16:41] | What did you just say? | 你说什么 |
[16:43] | Well, you didn’t repeat it the first time, | 你都没说第二遍 |
[16:45] | I’m not gonna listen to it. | 我才不听呢 |
[16:48] | Niles, that medication, it’s affecting your speech. | Niles 那些药影响了你的说话能力 |
[16:50] | You’ve just taken a second dose of it. | 你吃了两倍的药量 |
[16:52] | For God’s sake, you’re gonna make a fool out of yourself. | 天啦撸 你会出大糗的 |
[16:54] | Well, you should talk. | 哼 你还有心思说我 |
[16:55] | Look at your shaking hands and your twitchy eyes. | 看看你的手和眼睛抽搐成什么了 |
[16:58] | You were up all night | 整晚没睡 |
[16:59] | drinking coffee all last night, weren’t you? | 喝了一宿咖啡是吧 |
[17:01] | I am not twitching. You will not psych me into twitching. | 我才没抽搐呢 你少暗示我 |
[17:04] | Gentlemen, may I offer you a…? | 先生们 要不要来点 |
[17:08] | – Sir, is your eye bothering you? – No, no, it’s fine. | – 先生 你的眼睛没事吧 – 没事 挺好的 |
[17:11] | Can I get you something to drink? | 需要喝什么吗 |
[17:13] | No, thank you. Well, yes, some coffee. Decaf. | 不用了 谢谢 呃 还是来点咖啡吧 低咖啡因的 |
[17:16] | I’d like a cup of tea sounds nice. | 茶挺好我要 |
[17:21] | – Very good. – You know what, Niles? | – 好的 – 你知道吗 Niles |
[17:23] | You really should leave. You’re embarrassing yourself. | 你真该离开 你会让自己难堪的 |
[17:26] | For God’s sakes. | 老天爷啊 |
[17:27] | I’m never leaving while you’re still not leaving. | 你不走我绝对不走 |
[17:30] | You know you had the good bed. | 你知道你的床好 |
[17:34] | Well, now, you’re just hallucinating. | 好了 你现在又出现幻觉了 |
[17:36] | No, when we moved to Wallace Lane, | 不是 当我们搬到华莱士小巷的时候 |
[17:38] | and we shared a room and you got to pick | 咱俩睡一屋 你可以挑你想要的床 |
[17:39] | where you would be having your sleeping. | 睡你的觉 |
[17:43] | Niles, the beds were identical. | Niles 两张床是一样的 |
[17:46] | Why am I even bothering to explain this | 我干嘛要费劲 |
[17:46] | to a man who has his elbow in the butter? | 和手肘放黄油里的人解释 |
[17:51] | Well, who is hallucinationing now? | 看看现在是谁出现幻觉了 |
[17:54] | Niles, have you ever taken these pills before? | Niles 你之前吃过那些药吗 |
[17:56] | No, but they fixed my nose. | 没有 但是它治好了我的鼻子 |
[17:59] | No, I just wish they wouldn’t make me so hyper. | 只是希望它别让我这么亢奋 |
[18:01] | Yes. Oh, good Lord! | 是啊 哦 天 |
[18:03] | For God’s sakes, you just spilled water all over me, you jackass. | 老天爷啊 你把水洒我一身 混蛋 |
[18:06] | – Here, just give me another napkin. – Oh, napkin. | – 再给我一张餐巾 – 餐巾 |
[18:08] | – Give me, give me, give me that! – Napkin, napkin, napkin. | – 给我 给我 拿过来 – 餐巾 餐巾 餐巾 |
[18:12] | – Oh, Niles, wake up, wake up. – Excuse me. | – Niles 醒醒 醒醒 – 打扰了 |
[18:16] | Oh, Dr. Zafrin. | 哦 Zafrin博士 |
[18:18] | Goodness, this is quite an honour. | 天呐 很荣幸见到你们 |
[18:20] | Here, allow me. | 请允许我 |
[18:33] | Allow me to introduce Dr. Niles Crane. | 请允许我介绍Niles Crane医生 |
[18:48] | Well, Niles, I’m surprised to see you up so soon. | Niles 没想到你这么快就起来了 |
[18:52] | You feel all right? | 感觉怎么样 |
[18:53] | I feel not bad. A little dry. | 挺好的 就是有点干 |
[18:56] | When I blink, it makes a scratching noise. | 眨眼的时候感觉都有刮擦的声儿了 |
[18:58] | Well, here. | 给 |
[19:00] | Let me get you a little water here. | 我给你拿点水吧 |
[19:02] | – Well, thank you. – Here we are. | – 谢啦 – 给 |
[19:03] | So how long did we last at the lunch? | 我们的午餐坚持了多久 |
[19:07] | Well, not too long. | 没多久 |
[19:09] | Nine thousand dollars | 花了9000美元 |
[19:10] | doesn’t buy you the leisurely lunch it used to. | 却没有享受到应有的奢华体验 |
[19:15] | Wait a minute. I thought it was 8000. | 等会 不是8000吗 |
[19:16] | No, no, no, you knocked over the aquarium on the way out. | 不止 你走的时候把鱼缸撞翻了 |
[19:22] | You know, if ever I feel envy about your IQ again, | 下次我再嫉妒你IQ的时候 |
[19:26] | I’ll just conjure up the image of you sprawled out on a bed of live koi, | 我就回想你躺在一地活锦鲤上 四仰八叉的样子 |
[19:31] | weeping and desperately trying to revive that little plastic diver. | 抽泣着 拼命地想要救活那个塑料潜水员 |
[19:39] | Oh, dear God. | 天 我都干了啥 |
[19:40] | Hurry up with those patties. | 快点做小肉饼 |
[19:42] | I got five more pounds in the fridge. | 冰箱里还有四五斤肉呢 |
[19:43] | Right, Dad. | 知道了 老爸 |
[19:45] | Dad’s having his poker chums over to test out the new barbecue. | 老爸把牌友都找来试这个新的烧烤炉呢 |
[19:48] | You can give me a hand here. | 过来帮个忙吧 |
[19:49] | Is it gonna end, Frasier? All this obsessive competitiveness. | 你说这会停吗 咱们这强迫症似的竞争 |
[19:54] | Oh, probably never, Niles. | 也许永远不会 Niles |
[19:58] | You know, whether it started | 不管是出于 |
[19:58] | with seeking Mom’s approval or some other insecurity, | 想得到妈妈的认可 还是别的什么 |
[20:01] | we’re locked in a pattern | 咱们陷进这种模式里面 |
[20:02] | now that we’ll probably never get out of. | 估计永远出不来了 |
[20:04] | – That sounds bleak. – No, no, not necessarily. | – 听着透心凉啊 – 不 也不一定啊 |
[20:07] | – There have been some benefits to it. – What? | – 其实也是有好处的 – 什么 |
[20:10] | I probably wouldn’t have done so well in school | 要不是怕被我聪明的弟弟超过去 |
[20:12] | if it hadn’t been for my fear that I’d be bested | 我在上学时可能 |
[20:14] | by my brainy little brother. | 就不会那么努力了 |
[20:18] | Well, I was certainly spurred on by your success as well. | 你的成功也确实刺激了我 |
[20:22] | Why else would I have joined the chess club, | 要不我怎么会参加象棋社 |
[20:23] | the drama club and the key club? | 戏剧社还有志愿者小组 |
[20:26] | And what other possible reason would there be for me | 又有什么理由用一整个夏天 |
[20:28] | to spend an entire summer training a seeing-eye dog? | 来训练条导盲犬 |
[20:31] | Aside from helping the blind. | 除了为了帮助盲人 |
[20:34] | You know what? | 我觉得吧 |
[20:35] | I might not have pushed myself on to Harvard and Oxford. | 要不是你 我可能都考不上哈佛和牛津 |
[20:41] | Well, I might not have been led to psychiatry, | 要不是你 我可能也不会学心理学 |
[20:44] | which has been the saving grace of my life. | 这可是拯救了我人生的学科啊 |
[20:48] | You see now, Niles, frankly, | 你看 实际上 |
[20:49] | we both have a lot to thank each other for. | 我们都应该好好谢谢对方 |
[20:52] | We’ve come a long way from those two little boys | 我们两个从亟欲寻求家长认可的孩子 |
[20:54] | just starving for a parent’s approval. | 到现在成长了许多 |
[20:57] | – How are they coming? – Oh, just great, Dad. | – 弄得怎么样了 – 差不多了 老爸 |
[20:59] | – We’re going as fast as we can. – Here you are. | – 已经尽快在弄了 – 给 |
[21:01] | – Nice job on those patties. – Thank you. | – 小肉饼做得真好 – 多谢夸奖 |
[21:04] | – Really? You think so? – Yeah. | – 真的 你这么觉得 – 当然 |
[21:06] | Not too thick, not too thin, tight enough to hold their shape. | 不厚 不薄 紧实得刚刚好 不会变形 |
[21:10] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[21:11] | Well, thank you, Dad. | 谢谢老爸 |
[21:13] | – Yeah, wait till you see the next batch. – Yeah. | – 下一批会更好 – 嗯 |
[21:18] | You know, I’m surprised you let him keep that out there. | 我很奇怪你居然放任他把烤炉留在阳台上 |
[21:21] | Oh, well, yeah. It’s a bit of an eyesore and, | 这个啊 看着是挺碍眼的 |
[21:23] | frankly, kind of a fire hazard, | 而且感觉是个火灾隐患 |
[21:25] | but what the hell, it makes him happy. | 不过管它呢 他高兴就好 |
[21:27] | You lodged an anonymous complaint with the building, didn’t you? | 你已经打了匿名举报电话了 对吧 |
[21:30] | – It’ll be gone by Thursday. – That’s nice. | – 周四就会被没收了 – 我就知道 |