时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Oh, hey, Frasier. | 嘿 Frasier |
[00:09] | Hmm? Ah. | 好呀 |
[00:11] | Ooh, catalogues. | 看目录呐 |
[00:12] | Yes | 是啊 |
[00:13] | I’m trying to find the perfect wedding gift for Daphne and Donny. | 我想送Daphne和Donny一份最好的结婚礼物 |
[00:16] | Oh, right. Well, now that they’ve set a date, | 对啊 他们日期都定好了 |
[00:19] | I guess I’ll be getting my bridesmaid draft notice. | 我看我也快接到伴娘的邀请了 |
[00:22] | You know, Roz, she may not even ask you. | Roz 她都不一定会请你 |
[00:24] | Oh, she’ll ask me. They all do. | 当然会 她们都请我当了 |
[00:27] | The next thing I know, i’m wearing some revolting puffy-sleeved dress | 接下来 我肯定是穿着难看的泡泡袖裙子 |
[00:30] | made from the same material that keeps the space shuttle | 材质还和航天飞机返航时的 |
[00:33] | from burning up during reentry. | 绝热材料一样 |
[00:36] | You know, Roz, Daphne might just surprise you | Roz 没准Daphne给你个惊喜 |
[00:38] | and pick a dress you like. | 为你准备了一件你喜欢的伴娘服呢 |
[00:39] | Oh, impossible. They’re always ugly. | 不可能 伴娘服一直都那么难看 |
[00:42] | That’s the way the bride makes sure | 这样新娘才能确保自己是婚礼上 |
[00:43] | she’s the prettiest one at her wedding. | 最美的那一个 |
[00:44] | Gee, that’s awfully cynical. | 太愤世嫉俗了吧 |
[00:45] | Oh, yeah? When was the last time you found yourself | 是吗 那你上一次盯着伴娘 |
[00:47] | staring at a bridesmaid instead of the bride? | 而不是盯着新娘看是什么时候的事啊 |
[00:50] | That would’ve been at my wedding to Lilith. | 是我跟Lilith结婚的时候啊 |
[00:56] | Hello, Frasier. | 嘿 Frasier |
[00:57] | Niles Oh, Niles! | |
[00:58] | Frasier, do you remember the time the Kriezel brothers | Frasier 你还 记得那回Kriezel哥俩 |
[01:00] | tied me to their Great Dane and lobbed meatballs | 把我绑在他家大丹狗身上 然后顺着碎石路 |
[01:02] | down their gravel driveway? | 扔肉丸的事吗 |
[01:05] | I’ve told you, Niles, I would’ve helped you, | 我告诉过你了 我当时是想帮你的 |
[01:07] | but their sister was holding me down. | 但是他俩的姐姐把我绊住了 |
[01:09] | No, my point is– | 不是 我要说的是 |
[01:10] | a cappuccino, please– | 请来一杯卡布奇诺 |
[01:12] | even that experience was less painful than the date I was just on. | 我刚才的约会比那件事还痛苦 |
[01:15] | She was… | 她是一个 |
[01:18] | a cat person. | 猫奴 |
[01:22] | She brought her cat on our date. | 她带着她的猫来跟我约会 |
[01:23] | Oh, Lord. | 天哪 |
[01:25] | Well, she had good reason– it was Mr. Waggles’ birthday. | 她有理由啊 今天是小颤颤先生的生日 |
[01:27] | Oh, dear. | 天哪 |
[01:29] | Actually, his birthday party. | 还正好是它的生日派对 |
[01:32] | Actually, his surprise birthday party. | 其实是它的惊喜生日派对 |
[01:34] | Oh, Niles, I’m sorry. | Niles 我很抱歉 |
[01:36] | Where on earth did you meet this woman? | 不过你到底是在哪碰到这个女人的啊 |
[01:37] | At Nordstroms. We both reached for the same cashmere throw. | 在百货公司啊 我们同时伸手拿了开司米毯子 |
[01:40] | When she said she needed something to keep her waggles warm | 她说要给她的小颤颤保暖 |
[01:43] | I thought it was a coy euphemism, but… | 我还以为是什么委婉的说法呢 可是 |
[01:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:48] | Yes. Well, Niles, i certainly understand your being upset, | Niles 我很理解你现在特别沮丧 |
[01:51] | but you know you’ve got to keep on looking. | 但是你必须得继续找啊 |
[01:52] | Well, trust me, with Daphne getting married | 相信我 Daphne都结婚了 |
[01:54] | I have no choice but to press on. | 我不继续找我还能怎么着啊 |
[01:56] | But I’m going to change my strategy. | 不过我打算改变战术 |
[01:58] | Do you recall the other day at the health club | 你还记不记得那天在健康中心 |
[01:59] | Tony Hubner gave me that phone number? | Tony Hubner给了我一个电话号码 |
[02:01] | Dear God, Niles, not a dating service. | 老天爷啊 Niles 交友中介可不行 |
[02:03] | No. It’s not a dating service. | 不是 不是交友中介 |
[02:06] | It’s an introduction network for busy professionals. | 是为繁忙的高收入人群服务的社交网络 |
[02:09] | I give them my vital statistics | 我给了他们我的一些私人资料 |
[02:11] | and there’s an extensive screening process. | 大致的筛选标准 |
[02:13] | They bill me at the end of the month. | 他们月末的时候会寄账单给我 |
[02:14] | Niles, please, | Niles 求你醒醒吧 |
[02:15] | they are all money-grabbing con artists | 他们都是些指着孤单失落人士的钱 |
[02:18] | who prey on the pathetic and the lonely. | 活着的骗子啊 |
[02:21] | For God’s sake, you sign up with visions | 看在老天的份上 你注册的时候抱着遇见 |
[02:23] | of some Ph.D. Candidate and what do they deliver? | 一些准博士的想法 但他们有什么呢 |
[02:26] | A buck-toothed librarian who needs help washing her mother. | 一些青面獠牙的要人给她妈洗澡的图书管理员 |
[02:33] | Are you really that desperate? | 你就那么饥渴吗 |
[02:34] | Half an hour ago, | 半小时之前 |
[02:35] | I had my left leg tethered to Mr. Waggles’ forepaw | 我的左腿跟小颤颤先生的前爪绑在一起 |
[02:38] | and we came in third in the five-legged race. | 我俩在五条腿跑赛中取得了第三名 |
[02:44] | Geez, you’d think they’d let him win on his birthday. | 我还以为会让寿星赢呢 |
[02:52] | I know, Mum, but it is my wedding. | 我知道 妈 可是这是我的婚礼 |
[02:54] | I’ve given in to you on so many things. | 我在很多事情上已经跟你妥协了啊 |
[02:56] | Couldn’t this one thing go my way? | 这次就不能听我的吗 |
[02:59] | I just don’t like those tiny corns in me salad. | 我就是不想在沙拉里加小玉米粒啊 |
[03:03] | No, I don’t hate you. | 不 我不恨你 |
[03:06] | Well, that’s just not true. | 你不能这么说 |
[03:08] | I’m glad you’re alive. | 我很高兴你还活着 |
[03:11] | All right, all right. Tiny corn it is. | 好吧 好吧 那就加小玉米粒吧 |
[03:14] | I’ve got to run now. Cheery-bye. | 我得先挂了 拜拜 |
[03:17] | That was Mum. | 我妈 |
[03:18] | She had a thought about the salad. | 她想改进沙拉 |
[03:20] | Something told me yesterday’s crouton skirmish wasn’t the end of it. | 看来昨天的起司丁冲突还不算完啊 |
[03:25] | I suppose she can be a bit overbearing, | 我猜她是有点自傲了 |
[03:27] | but, as she often points out, she is paying for the wedding, | 不过就像她说的 是她给婚礼买单 |
[03:30] | and I am her only daughter, | 而我又是她唯一的女儿 |
[03:32] | and giving birth to me was so painful | 生我的时候她遭了很多罪 |
[03:34] | she did bite through a kitchen spoon. | 连勺子都咬穿了 |
[03:38] | Daphne Daphne… | |
[03:40] | just don’t let your mother guilt you | 别因为你的内疚感而把 |
[03:42] | into having the wedding that she wants instead of the wedding you want. | 你的婚礼变成她想要的样子 |
[03:44] | Oh, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[03:46] | Mum already promised me i could have the wedding I want… | 我妈已经保证我可以拥有一场我想要的婚礼了 |
[03:49] | as soon as I have a daughter who gets engaged. | 只要我的女儿订婚了就行 |
[03:53] | Oh, hey, Dad. | 嘿 老爸 |
[03:54] | Fras Oh, Fras… | |
[03:56] | you’re going to love this stuff i got from the farmer’s market. | 你肯定喜欢这个 我刚从农贸市场买回来的 |
[03:58] | This guy takes the juiciest cut of filet mignon, | 他们把最多汁的牛里脊肉 |
[04:01] | slices it real thin and makes jerky out of it. | 切成薄片 做了这些牛肉干 |
[04:04] | Oh, Dad, I’m not really in… | 老爸 我不是很想 |
[04:05] | Not bad, huh? | 不错吧 |
[04:08] | Yes, if only I had a nice powdered cabernet to go with it. | 用葡萄酒粉搭着才好吃 |
[04:13] | Dad, listen… | 老爸 你听我说 |
[04:14] | have you given any thought to Daphne’s wedding present? | 你有没有想过Daphne结婚该送什么礼物 |
[04:16] | Oh, now, Frasier, not everybody likes jerky | Frasier 也不是每个人都像 |
[04:18] | as much as you and me. | 咱俩这么喜欢牛肉干啊 |
[04:19] | No, Dad… | 不是 老爸 |
[04:20] | No, no, I just want to get her something special. | 不是 不是 我的意思是送她点特别的礼物 |
[04:23] | Especially since her mother seems | 尤其是看到她妈已经把所有的 |
[04:24] | to be taking all the joy out of it for her. | 愉快气氛都破坏光了的份上 |
[04:25] | Oh, well, how about a nice piece of luggage? | 一个好一点的拉杆箱怎么样 |
[04:29] | You know, a good, hard suitcase, | 就是那种 很好的 硬壳的 |
[04:30] | like the kind people used to put stickers on | 人们都喜欢贴好多贴纸在上面 |
[04:32] | to show everybody where they’d been. | 好让别人知道他都去过哪 |
[04:34] | Remember your grandad’s? | 记得你爷爷的吧 |
[04:35] | His whole life was on it. | 他一辈子都展示在上边了 |
[04:37] | Topeka, Sioux Falls, Biloxi. | 托皮卡 苏福尔斯 比洛克西 |
[04:41] | It was like a map of the world. | 简直跟世界地图一样 |
[04:44] | Yes, what a loss to us all that he failed to write his memoirs. | 他没能写一本回忆录可真是遗憾啊 |
[04:48] | I’m thinking of something that would matter to Daphne. | 我觉得应该送她些有意义的 |
[04:51] | Something that shows her how we feel– good Lord. | 一些代表我们对她的感情的 我的天 |
[04:53] | A little spicy, wasn’t it? | 有点辣 是不是 |
[04:55] | You know, maybe we should get something for her wedding. | 我们要不买点婚礼用品 |
[04:59] | Like what? | 比如啥 |
[05:00] | I don’t know, uh… | 我也没想好 |
[05:02] | the flowers, say. | 鲜花 |
[05:04] | That’s it. We could offer to pay for her wedding flowers. | 对 我们可以替她买婚礼的花 |
[05:06] | Wow, that’s a bit pricey, isn’t it? | 哇 有点贵吧 |
[05:08] | Don’t worry about it, Dad. | 没事的 爸 |
[05:09] | You just donate what you can, and I’ll pay for the rest. | 你力所能及地出点 剩下的我来付就好 |
[05:12] | Good God, what was in that jerky? | 我的老天爷 牛肉干里有啥啊 |
[05:14] | You just ate it too fast. Next time, you have to savor it a little. | 你是吃太快了 下回你小口吃 |
[05:17] | Trust me, Dad, I’m never going to taste that vile stuff again. | 相信我 爸 我绝对不会再吃这种鬼玩意了 |
[05:19] | Oop. Spoke too soon. | 说太快了 |
[05:24] | Daphne, may I have a word with you, please? | Daphne 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[05:26] | What is it, Dr. Crane? | 怎么了 Crane医生 |
[05:26] | Well… it’s about your wedding gift. | 是关于你的结婚礼物 |
[05:29] | Now… I know it’s not traditionally the role of a friend, | 我知道这不是朋友该做的 |
[05:33] | but we consider you family so please don’t say no. | 但我们把你视为家人 请别拒绝我们的好意 |
[05:36] | Dad and I would be honored to pay for your wedding… | 爸和我很高兴能支付你的婚礼 |
[05:41] | Pay for my wedding? | 支付我的婚礼 |
[05:43] | How wonderful! | 这也太好了吧 |
[05:47] | That’s the most generous gift I could ever imagine! | 这是我能想到的最慷慨的礼物 |
[05:51] | What’s all the hubbub? | 怎么都抱上啦 |
[05:52] | Dr. Crane just told me about your incredible wedding present! | Crane医生刚告诉了我你们要送的结婚礼物 |
[05:57] | You people are heaven-sent. | 你们简直是天使下凡 |
[05:59] | Well, I’m glad you like it and… and you know what? | 你能喜欢太好了 而且你猜怎么着 |
[06:02] | We’re going to throw in a piece of luggage, as well. | 我们还会送你一个拉杆箱的 |
[06:05] | I’m just so overwhelmed. | 我简直太受宠若惊了 |
[06:08] | See, I told you. Everybody loves luggage. | 看 我就说吧 人人都爱拉杆箱 |
[06:10] | Dad! | 爸 |
[06:11] | She thinks we’re paying for her whole wedding. | 她以为我们要支付全部的婚礼花销 |
[06:14] | What?! | 什么 |
[06:15] | Well, I tried to say “Wedding flowers” but then I hiccuped. | 我本来想说”婚礼的鲜花” 但我打了个嗝 |
[06:17] | I’m not paying for a wedding. | 我可不出婚礼钱 |
[06:18] | Of course not. I’ll just clear this whole thing right up | 当然 我马上把这事解决了 |
[06:20] | right now before it goes any further. Daphne! | 趁造成更大的误会前赶紧的 Daphne |
[06:22] | You know what this means, don’t you? | 你们知道这对我来说意味着什么嘛 |
[06:24] | Now that Mum’s not paying, | 现在不用我妈出钱了 |
[06:25] | she can’t make me have it in England. | 她就不能强迫我去英格兰办婚礼了 |
[06:27] | I can have my wedding how I want it and where I want it right here. | 我可以办一场我想要的婚礼 |
[06:32] | You’ve answered my prayers. | 你把我的祷告变成了现实 |
[06:38] | Could someone let Donny in? | 谁能给Donny开下门吗 |
[06:39] | Oh, well, look… Donny’s a very traditional guy. | 听着 Donny是个非常传统的人 |
[06:43] | He’s not going to let us pay for his wedding. | 他绝对不可能让我们来出婚礼钱的 |
[06:45] | Right. You saw how he proposed to her– on bended knee. | 没错 他可是单膝跪地求婚的 |
[06:47] | He’s nothing if not a hopeless romantic. | 他真是浪漫到家了 |
[06:50] | Any idiot knows you got to pay a hooker in cash. | 傻子都知道你给妓女付钱得用现金好吗 |
[06:54] | I’m in a meeting. I’ll call you later. Bye. | 我在开会呢 等会再给你打回去 拜 |
[06:55] | – Hey, guys. How you doing? – Hi, Donny. | – 嘿 你们最近怎么样 – 嘿 Donny |
[06:57] | I got this client– he’s in the middle of a divorce, right? | 我有个客户 最近在办离婚案 |
[06:59] | And his wife finds all these charges | 他太太发现很大一部分开销 |
[07:01] | from this place called Executive Match. | 都来自一个叫”帮你配对”的地方 |
[07:03] | Turns out to be a call girl service. | 一查才知道是电招女郎服务 |
[07:06] | Oh, boy, when she gets through with him, | 他俩这案子完了之后 |
[07:07] | she’ll have his house, his car… | 她肯定能分到他的房 车 |
[07:08] | She’d have his beach house, too, if I hadn’t already taken it. | 要是不给我的话 沙滩别墅也是她的 |
[07:10] | Women. | 女人哪 |
[07:12] | Hi, honey. | 嘿 亲爱的 |
[07:13] | Hi, sweetie. | 嘿 小甜心 |
[07:16] | Have they told you yet? | 他们有没有告诉你呐 |
[07:17] | Uh… told me what? | 告诉我什么 |
[07:18] | You’re not going to believe this | 你肯定不会相信的 |
[07:19] | but Dr. Crane and his father have offered to pay for our entire wedding. | Crane医生和他爸爸打算支付婚礼的全部开销 |
[07:25] | Is this a joke? | 这是开玩笑呢 |
[07:31] | It could be. | 有可能哦 |
[07:33] | Just a minute. Honey, it’s one thing for us to let your family pay. | 稍等 亲爱的 这该要你的家人来付钱的 |
[07:36] | They’re your parents and it’s traditional, | 他们是你的父母嘛 也是传统 |
[07:38] | but this is… | 不过这 |
[07:39] | Going too far? Being presumptuous? | 太过了 有点喧宾夺主 |
[07:40] | We don’t want to step on any toes. | 我们不是想插手的 |
[07:42] | I didn’t think you’d be uncomfortable with this. | 我不觉得你会介意啊 |
[07:44] | But he clearly is, Daphne. | 但他明显是介意啊 Daphne |
[07:45] | Donny’s right. We’re not family. | Donny说的对 我们不是家人 |
[07:46] | Absolutely. You know, we’ve got that thing…. | 就是就是 我们是有点 |
[07:48] | Wait, wait a minute– what am I doing? | 等一下 稍等一下 我这是干嘛呢 |
[07:51] | Here you guys… you’re making this lovely gesture | 你们做出这么慷慨的决定 |
[07:53] | and I’m just insulting you. | 我却还出口伤人 |
[07:55] | No, no, no, I mean, if you guys are not family to Daphne, then who is? | 要是你们都不算Daphne的家人 谁能算呢 |
[08:00] | Of course you can pay for the wedding. | 你们当然可以支付婚礼的花销了 |
[08:02] | Thank you, thank you. Thank you, family. | 太感谢你们了 真的谢谢 谢谢 家人们 |
[08:05] | I just knew he’d see how much this meant to you. | 原来他知道这对你们来说有多重要 |
[08:08] | Oh, God, I’m tearing up again. | 天呐 我又要哭了 |
[08:10] | Don’t start with the waterworks | 别哭啦 |
[08:11] | because you’re going to get me going here. | 要不我也要哭了 |
[08:12] | What is that, jerky? Could I have some of that? | 这是啥 牛肉干吗 我能吃一块吗 |
[08:15] | Help yourself. | 随便吃 |
[08:16] | “Made from filet mignon.” how much did this stuff set you back? | “选自上好牛里脊肉” 这玩意花了多少钱啊 |
[08:20] | You have no idea. | 你是不知道啊 |
[08:28] | Now, as far as the reception goes | 关于婚礼地点呢 |
[08:30] | I’ve narrowed it down to two places. | 我已经筛选到两个选择了 |
[08:32] | I’m leaning towards Captain Jonah’s. | 我更倾向于选约拿船长 |
[08:34] | The view of the water’s lovely | 海景很美 |
[08:36] | but you have to walk through a whale’s mouth to get inside. | 不过得穿过鲸鱼嘴进去 |
[08:41] | I hesitate to ask how you exit. | 我在犹豫要不要问出口在哪 |
[08:45] | Got to run. | 我得赶紧走了 |
[08:46] | I have a meeting with the DJ. | 我约了音乐主持人 |
[08:51] | I thought she’d never leave. | 我还以为她不会走了呢 |
[08:53] | Well… good God, Roz. How long have you been there? | 老天爷 Roz 你在这多久了啊 |
[08:56] | Since you two walked in and trapped me. | 从你俩走进来把我困在这开始 |
[08:59] | Aren’t you taking this thing a bit too far | 就因为不想穿难看的伴娘服 |
[09:00] | just trying to avoid an unflattering dress? | 你躲成这样是不是太夸张了 |
[09:02] | Yeah, I thought you’d say that. | 我就知道你会这么说 |
[09:03] | That’s why I’ve been carrying around this picture | 所以我随身带着 |
[09:04] | of the last time I was a bridesmaid. | 上回我当伴娘的照片 |
[09:09] | Good Lord, Roz, you look like you’ve been tented for termites. | 我天 Roz 你这是被白蚁上身了吧 |
[09:11] | Exactly. | 可不吗 |
[09:16] | Well, it sounds like she’s having fun planning her wedding. | 看起来她婚礼计划得津津有味 |
[09:18] | Yes, now that she can have things her way and not her mother’s. | 她可以按她自己的想法来了 不用再听她妈的 |
[09:21] | She’s lucky you came along. | 你出现的可真是时候 |
[09:23] | Well, yes and no. | 是也不是 |
[09:25] | You know, I sit here and let her make… questionable choices… | 我就坐这让她自己犹豫 |
[09:30] | and I say nothing because I know it’s going to cost me less. | 我就三缄其口 因为我知道这样最省钱 |
[09:34] | I’m sorry. You know what? | 抱歉 不过你猜怎么着 |
[09:35] | I’ve got to change my thinking about this whole thing. | 我得改变我的心态 |
[09:36] | I mean, what good is my money | 我的钱还有什么用啊 |
[09:38] | if I’m denying her the best gift I have to offer– | 要是不送她最应该得到的礼物 |
[09:41] | my taste and expertise. | 那就是我的品味 我的专业领域 |
[09:45] | Frankly, what Daphne really deserves is the gift of Frasier. | 说白了 Daphne最该有的就是Frasier |
[09:52] | Suddenly that crock pot I’m giving them doesn’t sound so bad. | 突然觉得我送的炖锅也没有很糟糕了 |
[09:55] | Oh, shut up. | 闭嘴吧 |
[09:59] | Hello, Niles. | 嘿 Niles |
[10:01] | You look like a man who’s waiting to be asked why he’s grinning. | 你这表情像是在说”快来问我为什么笑” |
[10:03] | Oh, I was just thinkin’… | 我刚就在想啊 |
[10:05] | about the other day when you said | 前几天你说 |
[10:07] | how you thought dating services were all a big con. | 交友服务就是个大骗子机构 |
[10:10] | Well, I just got conned into meeting the most enchanting woman. | 不过我呢 刚好被骗得遇到了超有魅力的女人 |
[10:13] | Well, I don’t know what to say. | 我无话可说 |
[10:15] | And I owe it all to Executive Match. | 这都得感谢”帮你配对”这个机构 |
[10:17] | Now I do. | 我又有话要说了 |
[10:20] | The name of this service is Executive Match? | 提供这服务的地方叫帮你配对 |
[10:22] | That’s right. You thought these women were all beneath me. | 对 你以为这里的女人都配不上我 |
[10:25] | Beneath you and countless others. | 应该是谁都配不上吧 |
[10:26] | Niles, do you have any idea…? | Niles 你知不知道 |
[10:27] | Shh. Here she is. | 嘘 她来了 |
[10:29] | Sabrina, could…? | Sabrina 我能 |
[10:30] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:31] | She’s always on the phone. | 她永远都在打电话 |
[10:35] | Whatever it is she does for a living, she’s in great demand. | 不管她到底是干嘛的 有很多人需要她 |
[10:39] | So you have no idea what line of work Sabrina’s in? | 你不知道Sabrina是干嘛的 |
[10:41] | No. I’m guessing high-priced lawyer. | 不知道 我猜是高价的律师 |
[10:44] | I heard her quote her hourly rate on the phone. | 我听见她在电话里报她的价来着 |
[10:46] | Believe me, you don’t want to be on the receiving end of that bill. | 信我的 你是绝对不想收到那个账单的 |
[10:50] | Niles… I feel I must warn you… | Niles 我必须得警告你 |
[10:52] | oh, now, please spare me your condescending advice. | 求你了 快省省你那些居高临下的建议吧 |
[10:55] | Why can’t you simply say you were wrong? | 你怎么就不能承认错了呢 |
[10:56] | You have no idea what you’re doing. | 你根本不知道你在干什么 |
[10:58] | I know exactly what I’m doing. | 我当然知道我在干什么 |
[11:01] | And you could learn a thing or two from me, mr. One-date-and-it’s-over. | 你还能学几招呢 一次约会就完蛋先生 |
[11:07] | I am taking it slow with Sabrina. | 我跟Sabrina是慢节奏的 |
[11:10] | You mean you haven’t…? Haven’t…? | 你是说你俩还没 还没 |
[11:11] | You know… haven’t? Haven’t…? | 还没 还没 |
[11:12] | Oh, please. Are you mad? | 你疯啦 |
[11:14] | You don’t proposition a woman like that on the first date. | 你怎么能第一次约会就跟女士提那种要求呢 |
[11:18] | Last night after dinner i dropped her home with nothing more | 昨晚吃完晚饭之后 我送她回家 |
[11:20] | than a courtly kiss on the wrist. | 只轻啄了一下她的手腕 |
[11:21] | Tonight may proceed to hand-holding. | 今晚应该可以晋级到牵手 |
[11:24] | And if all goes well, in two weeks, | 要是一切顺利的话 不出两周 |
[11:26] | I shall storm the citadel of her womanhood. | 我就要带她打开新世界大门了 |
[11:31] | Sabrina Mmm… Sabrina… | |
[11:37] | This is Frasier. | 这是Frasier |
[11:38] | Hello. Lovely to meet you. | 嘿 很高兴见到你 |
[11:39] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[11:40] | You really have a great brother. | 你真的有个好弟弟 |
[11:43] | Oh, he’s charming and witty and intelligent and handsome. | 他特别出色 幽默 睿智而且又帅 |
[11:48] | I paid her to say that. | 我出钱让她这么说的 |
[11:51] | Of course you did. | 那是肯定的 |
[12:01] | Ah, finally, the doves have arrived. Come in. Come in. | 鸽子可算来啦 快进来快进来 |
[12:04] | Lazlo, thank you so much for coming. Lovely flowers. | Lazlo 你能来真是太感谢了 多好的花啊 |
[12:07] | I’ll let you know. | 我们再联系 |
[12:08] | Dr. Crane, was that the florist for my wedding? | Crane医生 他是要给我的婚礼提供花吗 |
[12:12] | In his dreams! | 想得美 |
[12:15] | Good God. The man’s arrangements are one big cliche. | 老天爷 那人的布置简直是老掉牙了 |
[12:18] | Look at this. His answer to everything is baby’s breath, | 你看这个 他就知道用满天星 |
[12:20] | baby’s breath, baby’s breath. | 满天星 满天星 |
[12:23] | Does that woman with the harp | 那个弹竖琴的女人 |
[12:25] | have something to do with my wedding, too? | 也跟我的婚礼有关吗 |
[12:26] | No, Daphne, she’s selling them door-to-door. | 没 Daphne 她是上门推销的 |
[12:30] | Of course it’s for your wedding. She’s auditioning. | 当然是为你的婚礼准备的啦 她在试镜呢 |
[12:33] | Dr. Crane, I really don’t think… | Crane医生 我觉得没必要 |
[12:35] | Oh, good, Daphne. You’re here, too. | 太好了 Daphne 你也在这 |
[12:37] | Listen, I want to show you guys a little something | 听我说 我想给你们看看 |
[12:39] | I thought up for the wedding. | 我对婚礼的一点构思 |
[12:41] | “It is now the time in the ceremony for the rings. | “现在进行交换戒指的仪式 |
[12:44] | May I have them, please?” | 请把戒指拿上来” |
[12:50] | ‘Course, it’s a lot more effective when he’s in his little tux. | 它穿上小燕尾服之后效果会更好的 |
[12:56] | Dad, please. It’s all just a bit much, isn’t it? | 爸 拜托 你不觉得有点过吗 |
[12:58] | We don’t want to turn this wedding into a circus. | 我们可不想把婚礼变成马戏团演出啊 |
[13:00] | Now, where’s the dove man? | 鸽子负责人呢 |
[13:02] | Dr. Crane, about the doves… | Crane医生 关于鸽子的事情 |
[13:04] | Just picture it, Daphne. Aren’t they something? | 想象一下吧 Dahphne 特别棒不是吗 |
[13:06] | As you and Donny exit the church, | 你和Donny走出教堂的时候 |
[13:08] | one dozen white birds of peace will be released and circle above. | 十二只象征和平的白鸟飞了出来 在头顶盘旋 |
[13:12] | Of course, we’ll use 14, actually. | 当然了 我们得备着十四只 |
[13:14] | The power lines always take out a few. | 总会有几只会被高压线吸引走的 |
[13:19] | Thank you so much. | 十分感谢 |
[13:23] | Dr. Crane, about the doves, it just seems a little grand. | Crane医生 鸽子好像有点太隆重了 |
[13:27] | I mean, what’s wrong with throwing a bit of rice? | 我是说 撒点米也不错啊 |
[13:30] | Oh, well, uh, if you want rice, of course, you’ll have rice. | 要是你想要米 当然可以啊 那就撒点呗 |
[13:35] | Sometimes it seems nothing I do is good enough. | 反正我做什么都不够好 |
[13:37] | No, no, no. I-I suppose doves will be fine. | 不是 不是 鸽子也很好呀 |
[13:41] | Frasier, is that Reverend Franklin in the kitchen? | Frasier 在厨房里的是Reverend Franklin吗 |
[13:43] | Yes, it is, Dad. | 对的 爸 |
[13:44] | You’re auditioning our minister for the wedding? | 你是在面试婚礼牧师吗 |
[13:47] | Don’t you think Donny and I should have a say in who marries us? | 你不觉得Donny和我在这事上也有发言权吗 |
[13:50] | Of course, Daphne. I’m just whittling down the possibilities. | 当然了 Daphne 我只是给你减少一些人选啊 |
[13:53] | The final choice is yours. | 最终决定权还是在你们嘛 |
[13:55] | Who’s tasting the first course? | 谁来尝一下头盘 |
[13:57] | Oh, that’d be me. | 我来尝 |
[13:59] | Who’s that? | 这又是谁 |
[14:00] | That’s Chef Marco from the Mercer Club, Daphne. | 绸缎商餐馆的主厨Marco |
[14:02] | Today we’ll be sampling each of our four courses. | 今天我们来试吃一下婚礼餐的四道菜 |
[14:05] | No. I was planning on serving a buffet. | 不 我的计划是自助餐啊 |
[14:07] | That way, people can mingle. It’s more festive. | 那样大家可以互相认识一下 气氛会更热闹啊 |
[14:11] | Daphne, we are talking about your wedding, | Daphne 我们说的是你的婚礼餐 |
[14:16] | not brunch with all the fixin’s at Billy Bob’s Blackjack Boomtown. | 不是牛仔们玩21点的酒吧餐好吗 |
[14:22] | Hello, Frasier. You remember Sabrina. | 嘿 Frasier 还记得Sabrina吧 |
[14:24] | Yes, of course. Lovely to see you. | 当然记得 很高兴又见面了 |
[14:26] | Niles, what are you doing here? | Niles 你怎么来了 |
[14:27] | Oh, we’re out for an afternoon of bird watching. | 我们准备下午去看鸟 |
[14:29] | It’s the start of mating season, you know. | 现在是交配季节 你懂的 |
[14:34] | Just wanted to introduce my new girlfriend to Dad. | 想把新女朋友带给老爸看看 |
[14:37] | Dad, this is Sabrina. | 爸 这是Sabrina |
[14:37] | Hi. Nice to meet you. | 嘿 很高兴见到你 |
[14:39] | Nice to meet you, too. | 很高兴见到你 |
[14:40] | I should really call my office. | 我真得给我的办公室打个电话 |
[14:42] | About how long do you think we’ll be gone? | 我们大概要去多久 |
[14:44] | Uh, about eight hours. | 八个小时吧 |
[14:46] | Great. | 太好了 |
[14:52] | Ooh, Daphne, I didn’t know you were going to be here. | Daphne 我不知道你在这 |
[14:55] | I just want to drop these off for Frasier. | 我只是来把这些东西给Frasier的 |
[14:56] | Oh, Roz, I’m glad you dropped by. | Roz 还好你来了 |
[14:58] | I need to talk to you about my wedding. | 我得跟你说说我婚礼的事 |
[15:00] | Do you mind if we speak in the hallway? | 咱们在走廊说行吗 |
[15:01] | Actually, I don’t have much time. | 其实吧 我时间有点紧 |
[15:02] | Well, then, I’ll get right to it. | 那 我就直说了 |
[15:05] | Excuse me. Do you know where Dr. Crane lives? | 抱歉 您知道Crane医生住在哪里吗 |
[15:06] | Right here. Can I help you? | 就住这啊 怎么了 |
[15:08] | I’m dropping off this bridesmaid’s dress. | 我是来送伴娘礼服的 |
[15:10] | Oh, I’ll take that. I’m the bride. | 给我就行 我是新娘 |
[15:12] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:13] | What I need to ask you is, | 我想问你 |
[15:14] | how do you ever get Dr. Crane to listen to you? | 怎么才能让Crane医生听你的想法 |
[15:17] | Is that the bridesmaid dress? | 这个是伴娘礼服 |
[15:19] | He’s driving me mad. | 他简直都要把我弄疯了 |
[15:20] | He doesn’t listen to anything I say. | 他根本听不进我说的任何一个字 |
[15:22] | The women you asked to be bridesmaids get to wear this? | 你的伴娘会穿这件衣服 |
[15:24] | And the worst part is… | 然而最差的是 |
[15:25] | – is that silk? – Well, he’s just | – 这是真丝的吗 – 他简直跟我妈一模一样 |
[15:27] | like my mother– controlling and stubborn. | 又爱掌控别人又特别固执 |
[15:29] | I mean, what am I going to do? | 我该怎么办啊 |
[15:31] | Well, Daphne, it’s your wedding. | Daphne 这是你的婚礼啊 |
[15:34] | Just tell Frasier how you feel. | 告诉Frasier你怎么想的 |
[15:35] | Well, that’s a bit difficult for me. | 有点难吧 |
[15:37] | You see, there was no talking to my mother. | 我跟我妈就完全沟通不了 |
[15:40] | Anytime I so much as tried, all I’d hear is, | 只要我试着和她说 她就会唠叨 |
[15:42] | “Just do it my way. You’ll thank me later.” | “就按我说的来吧 你以后会感谢我的” |
[15:45] | Every time she said that, I just wanted to explode. | 每次她一这么说 我就快炸了 |
[15:48] | Look, Frasier’s a reasonable guy. Just go in there and be direct. | Frasier是很通情达理的 直接跟他说就好 |
[15:53] | You’re right. I’m going to. | 你说的对 那我去说了 |
[15:57] | Oh, and Roz… | 还有一件事 Roz |
[16:00] | I was gonna to ask you if you wanted to be one of me bridesmaids. | 你愿不愿意做我的伴娘 |
[16:04] | Oh, my God! Are you serious?! | 我的天呐 你说真的吗 |
[16:06] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[16:07] | Oh, this is coming out of nowhere. | 怎么这么突然啊 |
[16:11] | I’d love to! | 我愿意啊 |
[16:12] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[16:15] | And don’t worry. Once I’m in charge, | 别担心 一旦我说的算了 |
[16:17] | you won’t have to wear this thing Dr. Crane picked out. | 你就不用穿Crane医生挑的这种伴娘服了 |
[16:19] | I mean, he calls this a bridesmaid’s dress. | 也就他会管这种衣服叫伴娘服吧 |
[16:22] | The sleeves aren’t even poofy. | 连泡泡袖都没有 |
[16:27] | So, how long have you guys been seeing each other? | 你俩在一起多久啦 |
[16:29] | Well, let’s see, since we’ve met, | 我看看啊 从我俩遇见算起 |
[16:31] | it’s been about, uh, 17… | 已经17个 |
[16:33] | no, 18 hours. | 不 18个小时啦 |
[16:36] | She actually counts the minutes we’ve been together. | 她一分一秒地数着我俩在一起的时间 |
[16:39] | Niles… may I see you in the kitchen? | Niles 到厨房说句话 |
[16:43] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[16:44] | Dr. Crane, I need to talk to you. | Crane医生 我得跟你谈谈 |
[16:46] | Not now, Daphne. | 现在不行 Daphne |
[16:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[16:51] | All right, what is it? | 说吧 怎么了 |
[16:51] | Niles, it’s about Sabrina. | Niles 是关于Sabrina的 |
[16:54] | She’s a prostitute. | 她是妓女 |
[16:58] | Frasier, I don’t like lawyers any more than you do. | Frasier 我不比你喜欢律师 |
[17:05] | But frankly, a man whose face is plastered on every bus in town | 不过说实话 每辆公交车上都贴着你的脸 |
[17:08] | should be careful what terms he bandies about. | 你最好注意你说的话 |
[17:09] | Niles Niles Oh, Niles, Niles! | |
[17:11] | Executive Match is an escort service. | 帮你配对其实是招妓服务 |
[17:15] | One of Donny’s clients was caught using them. | Donny的一个客户就被抓着使用这项服务 |
[17:18] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[17:19] | Niles, does Sabrina laugh at everything you say? | Niles Sabrina是不是不管你说什么都笑 |
[17:25] | Is she fascinated by everything about you? | 是不是对你的一切都很感兴趣 |
[17:29] | Even your collections? | 甚至包括你的那些收藏 |
[17:33] | Well, yes… actually. | 确实是 |
[17:35] | I even showed her my rarely seen collection | 我连极为罕见的 |
[17:37] | of 18th century Portuguese bud vases. | 18世纪葡萄牙陶制花瓶都给她看了 |
[17:42] | And how did she react? | 她是什么反应 |
[17:44] | Well, if you must know, she was rather aroused. | 要是你非得问的话 她性致盎然 |
[17:49] | She said she loved a man who collected porcelain, | 她说她特别喜欢收藏瓷器的男人 |
[17:51] | and, oh, my God! I’m dating a whore. | 我的老天爷 我真在和妓女约会 |
[18:02] | They have my credit card number. I’ve been running up a tab. | 他们有我的信用卡号 已经在计费了 |
[18:07] | I’ve got to get her out of here! | 我得赶快把她带走 |
[18:09] | Sabrina, we should be going. | Sabrina 我们得走了 |
[18:10] | What’s the hurry? We’re having a nice conversation. | 怎么这么急啊 我们聊得特别投机 |
[18:12] | Yeah. I love your dad. | 是啊 我真喜欢你爸 |
[18:14] | Did he mention he used to be a police officer. | 他说过他是警察吗 |
[18:16] | Maybe we should go. | 也许我们是该走了 |
[18:20] | Surely you can stay a little while. I… I haven’t seen Niles in ages. | 你们可以再待一会啊 我好久没见Niles了 |
[18:24] | I used to teach him in Sunday school. | 我以前是他主日学校的老师 |
[18:26] | Reverend Oh, you know, Reverend, | |
[18:27] | I can still remember dropping him off for his first class. | 我还记得第一天把他送去上课的情景呢 |
[18:30] | Seems like only yesterday. | 好像就是昨天的事一样 |
[18:42] | Oh, Daphne, I believe I have chosen your bouquet. | Daphne 我给你选好了捧花 |
[18:48] | It’s handwoven out of pygmy orchids. | 手工编织的小兰花怎么样 |
[18:51] | Dr. Crane, I really need to talk to you. | Crane医生 我必须得跟你谈谈 |
[18:53] | Well, of course. First, let’s sit and sample the porcini mushrooms. | 好的 没问题 不过先坐下尝尝这个牛肝菌菇 |
[18:58] | They’re exquisite. | 这种食材可是非常珍贵的 |
[18:58] | But I don’t like mushrooms. | 但是我不喜欢蘑菇 |
[19:00] | Oh, you only think you don’t. You haven’t tried these. Here. | 那是你以为你不喜欢 你还没试试这个呢 来 |
[19:04] | Dr. Crane, this is really difficult for me. | Crane医生 我真的不想吃 |
[19:05] | Just try this for me. Come on. You’ll thank me later. | 就算是为我吃 你以后会感谢我的 |
[19:09] | “You’ll thank me later”? | “以后会感谢我的” |
[19:11] | I’ve heard that my whole life. Well, no more. | 我一辈子都在听这句话 我再也不想听了 |
[19:16] | I’m doing my wedding my way, | 我要按我的想法办婚礼 |
[19:18] | and if that means I want rice instead of doves | 如果我想要大米而不是鸽子 |
[19:21] | and a DJ instead of a harp, then that’s what I’ll have. | 我想要音乐节目主持人而不是竖琴 那我就要用这些 |
[19:24] | I don’t want your advice! I don’t want your money! | 我不想听你的建议 也不想用你的钱 |
[19:27] | And I don’t want your mushrooms! | 我更不想吃你的蘑菇 |
[19:29] | I’m in charge of this wedding now. | 现在这个婚礼我说的算 |
[19:32] | And what kind of a git walks down the aisle | 哪个蠢货会在沿着走廊出来的时候 |
[19:35] | carrying something called pygmy orchids?! | 拿着一捧什么小兰花啊 |
[19:51] | Is she all right? | 她没事吧 |
[19:53] | She’s fine. | 没事 |
[19:55] | We had a nice talk. | 我们好好谈了谈 |
[19:57] | That’s good. | 还好还好 |
[19:58] | Wedding still on track? | 婚礼还能照常进行吧 |
[20:00] | Absolutely. | 那当然了 |
[20:01] | You just got a little carried away, that’s all. | 你就是有点忘乎所以 没什么 |
[20:03] | Oh, I guess so, yeah. | 我猜是吧 |
[20:05] | You know, it suddenly occurred to me when I was talking to Daphne that… | 我在跟Daphne聊的时候突然发现 |
[20:09] | I never really got the wedding of my dreams, either. | 我也没有举办过我所期待的婚礼 |
[20:12] | Oh, sure, you know, my first one, some little clandestine affair. | 当然 第一次婚礼 算是保密的吧 |
[20:15] | We dashed off to City Hall. | 我们悄悄冲到市政厅领了证 |
[20:18] | Could hardly imagine a wedding more lacking in ceremony | 还有比这个更缺乏仪式感的婚礼吗 |
[20:21] | till my second wedding… | 直到我的第二次婚礼 |
[20:24] | which was lacking a bride. | 这次是少了新娘 |
[20:29] | And then came Lilith. | 然后就是Lilith |
[20:31] | If I knew then what I know now, | 要是我那会就有现在的领悟 |
[20:33] | I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture, | 我就拿着冰雕走出来 |
[20:35] | had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold. | 让她站在自助餐桌旁边给虾保鲜 |
[20:40] | Oh, so you had a few bad weddings. | 你是有几次比较糟的婚礼 |
[20:46] | Guess I was just taking my last best shot at the wedding | 我可能就是想尽最大努力办一个 |
[20:50] | I will never have for myself. | 我没办法拥有的婚礼吧 |
[20:52] | Oh, come on. | 振作点 |
[20:54] | Oh, let’s face it, Dad– | 面对现实吧 爸 |
[20:55] | I’m no spring chicken. | 我不是年轻人了 |
[20:57] | You really see me getting married again? | 你觉得我还能再结婚吗 |
[21:00] | Well… I guess I’ve had my doubts, | 我是有点怀疑啦 |
[21:04] | but right here, right now, | 不过就此时此刻 |
[21:07] | I think yeah, you’re gonna meet someone. | 我相信你能遇见对的人 |
[21:10] | You really think so? | 真的吗 |
[21:11] | Yes, I do. And I’ll tell you why. | 真的啊 我来告诉你为什么 |
[21:13] | If Niles can meet a great gal like Sabrina, | 如果Niles可以遇到像Sabrina那么好的姑娘 |
[21:15] | then there’s hope for all of us. | 那我们就都有希望的嘛 |