时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | I can’t believe how cold it is in here. | 这也太冷了吧 |
[00:12] | Niles, the climate control is on. | Niles 温控已经开了 |
[00:14] | It’s perfectly comfortable. | 现在非常舒适啊 |
[00:15] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[00:16] | Touch your tongue to the seat belt. I dare you. | 那你倒是舔舔安全带呀 我看你敢不 |
[00:19] | I’m starting to regret I even asked you to this exhibit. | 我有点后悔邀你一起来看展览了 |
[00:21] | I wanted to invite Regan, but after the… | 我本想邀请Regan 但是我们 |
[00:23] | disaster I made of our first date, | 第一次约会糟得一塌糊涂 |
[00:25] | I just felt too ashamed to even ask. | 我根本不敢去问她 |
[00:27] | Well, you can’t avoid her forever. She’s your neighbor. | 你也不能一直躲着她呀 她可是你的邻居 |
[00:30] | Ask her again. | 再去请她出来约会吧 |
[00:31] | Wha… what’s the worst thing that could happen? | 最坏又能怎么样呢 |
[00:32] | She’d ask me to stop harassing her, which means I’d have to spend | 她会让我不要再骚扰她 然后我就得 |
[00:35] | the next six months riding in the service elevator with Guillermo | 坐六个月的货梯 陪我的只有Guillermo |
[00:37] | and his three-legged cat! | 和他的三脚猫 |
[00:39] | How is little Wobbles? | 小Wobbles怎么样啦 |
[00:42] | Fine. | 很好 |
[00:43] | I see what you’re doing, Niles! | Niles 你别瞎调温度了 |
[00:46] | Listen, if you’re so cold, there is a scarf in the glove compartment. | 听着 要是你真的很冷 储物箱里有条围巾 |
[00:48] | Oh, really? I thought that’s where you kept the butter and the eggs. | 是嘛 我还以为那是你放黄油跟鸡蛋的地方呢 |
[00:52] | – Well, now it’s burning up in here! – Oh… | – 看你干的好事 我快热死了 – 呃 |
[00:55] | I’m just going to take this thing off. | 我得把这外套脱掉 |
[00:56] | – Are you insane? – No. | – 你疯了吗 – 没有 |
[00:57] | Well, at least wait until we’ve stopped… | 那起码得先把车停下 |
[00:59] | You’re going to get us killed! | 你会害死咱俩的 |
[01:00] | Take the wheel! | 把着方向盘 |
[01:00] | I’ll take the wheel, but… Frasier, stop. | 我是能把着方向盘 但是 Frasier 停下 |
[01:03] | – Stop! – No. It’s almost off. | – 快停 – 不 就快脱掉了 |
[01:04] | No, I mean brake! Brake! | 不 我是说刹车 刹车 |
[01:11] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[01:13] | Yes. | 没事 |
[01:14] | Thank heaven your fist softened the blow of the airbag. | 我谢你啊 你的拳头减轻了安全气囊的冲击 |
[01:24] | Hurt your nose? | 伤到鼻子了吗 |
[01:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:30] | That’s what I figured. | 我就知道 |
[01:31] | Right when you came in, I said, | 你刚进来的时候 我就说 |
[01:32] | “That guy hurt his nose.” | “那家伙伤了鼻子” |
[01:36] | So how did you, uh, you know…? | 那你是怎么 呃 你 |
[01:37] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[01:41] | Yes, hello, this is, uh… | 你好 我是 呃 |
[01:43] | Dr. Frasier Crane here. I was just wondering… | Frasier Crane医生 我 |
[01:45] | I filled out my paperwork about half an hour ago. | 大概半小时前我就填好了表格 |
[01:47] | They’ll call you. We’re seeing people in order of importance. | 一会儿就到你了 我们按重要程度看病人 |
[01:50] | Oh, really? Well, you know, I do have my own radio show. | 是嘛 那个 我有自己的电台节目 |
[01:54] | The importance of the injury! | 伤病的严重程度 |
[01:56] | Yes, of course. | 当然了 |
[01:58] | Do you know, are there any plastic surgeons on call? | 今天有没有整形外科医生当班 |
[02:01] | Oh, Niles, that’s not necessary. | 咳 Niles 没那必要 |
[02:02] | You can’t be too careful. It could be broken. | 小心驶得万年船 可能骨折了啊 |
[02:04] | Don’t worry. The best plastic surgeons in town | 别担心 西雅图最好的整形外科医生 |
[02:06] | have their offices here. | 在我们医院都有办公室 |
[02:07] | Dr. Rab, Dr. Karnofsky and Dr. Burke. | Rab医生 Karnofsky医生 还有Burke医生 |
[02:09] | Karnofsky? Mel Karnofsky? | Karnofsky Mel Karnofsky吗 |
[02:12] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[02:15] | Maris’ plastic surgeon. | 那是Maris的整形医生 |
[02:17] | Oh. | 是吗 |
[02:19] | Would you believe that charlatan is still picking my pocket | 知道吗 我离婚都一年了那个江湖医生 |
[02:22] | a year after my divorce? | 居然还想偷赚我的钱 |
[02:23] | Good Lord, for what? | 老天 怎么回事儿 |
[02:24] | Oh, for Maris’ Botox injections. | 咳 就是Maris的肉毒杆菌针 |
[02:27] | You know, they use those botulinum toxins and put it in the forehead, | 你知道的 把肉毒杆菌毒素注射进额头 |
[02:31] | and it deadens the muscles, and takes away the wrinkles. | 可以麻痹肌肉 消除皱纹 |
[02:33] | I gave it to her as a gift one year for our anniversary. | 有一年我把这个作为结婚周年纪念日的礼物送给她 |
[02:35] | Oh, yes, probably your tenth. That’s toxins, isn’t it? | 对了 是不是十周年那次 因为是毒婚年嘛 |
[02:40] | Anyway, Karnofsky keeps billing me for her follow-up injections. | 呵呵 结果她后面补的注射也一直是向我收钱的 |
[02:44] | – Good Lord. – So, you’re divorced, huh? | – 老天 – 所以你离婚了哈 |
[02:50] | – Yes. – Me too. I’m Phil. – Hello. | – 是的 – 我也是 我是Phil – 你好 |
[02:53] | Fourteen years together. | 在一起14年了啊 |
[02:54] | Came home one day and… | 结果有天回家 |
[02:56] | Oh, hell, I probably shouldn’t even talk about it. | 哎呀 我不该说这些 |
[02:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:02] | You know, Niles, | Niles 听着 |
[03:03] | seeing as how we’re here, why don’t you go find this Karnofsky | 反正还要等一会儿 你干脆去找这个Karnofsky |
[03:06] | and straighten the whole thing out? | 把这事解决了 |
[03:07] | No, no, I can’t leave you here injured. | 不 不 我怎么能这样就把你扔在这儿 |
[03:09] | That’s all right, Niles, I’ll be fine. | 没关系 Niles 我没事的 |
[03:11] | If you’re sure… | 你确定吗 |
[03:12] | I may just pay Dr. Karnofsky a visit. | 那我就去会会这个Karnofsky医生 |
[03:14] | You know, it really is outrageous what these scalpel jockeys get away with | 这些拿手术刀的花言巧语说服Maris这样的女人 |
[03:16] | convincing women like Maris to spend fortunes on their exterior… | 花大价钱改造外在 就是为了大赚一笔 |
[03:19] | when frankly, what they need is to take a good look at the woman inside. | 而这些女人们真正需要的是好好看看自己的内在 |
[03:22] | Right. Well, she did have one chemical peel | 没错 不过她的确做过化学换肤 |
[03:24] | where you could see her kidneys for a while. | 有段时间你能看到她的肾脏 |
[03:26] | That’s very funny. | 搞笑噢 |
[03:28] | – Off you go. Good luck, Niles. – Thank you. | – 去吧 祝你好运 Niles – 谢谢 |
[03:44] | Not a pretty woman, my wife, | 我老婆不是什么漂亮女人 |
[03:46] | but when she danced, | 不过她跳舞的时候 |
[03:47] | you couldn’t keep your eyes off her. | 绝对让你目不转睛 |
[03:49] | You know, actually, I’m feeling a lot better. | 呃 那个 我感觉好多了 |
[03:51] | Goodbye! | 再见 |
[03:54] | Frasier Crane Frasier Crane. | |
[03:56] | Frasier Crane, we’re ready to see you. | Frasier Crane 请来就诊 |
[03:58] | That’s me. | 我就是 |
[04:09] | Ah, Dr. Karnofsky, | 啊 Karnofsky医生 |
[04:10] | I see you’ve finally decided to make time for me. | 你终于决定抽出时间见我了 |
[04:12] | Sorry, I’m from Records. | 不好意思 我是档案室的 |
[04:13] | I was told to bring over Maris Crane’s files. | 我是来送Maris Crane的档案的 |
[04:17] | That’s this year. | 这是今年的 |
[04:22] | – Dr. Crane? – Yes. | – Crane医生吗 – 是的 |
[04:24] | I’m so sorry to keep you waiting. | 非常抱歉让你久等了 |
[04:26] | Melinda Karnofsky. | 我是Melinda Karnofsky |
[04:30] | Oh, uh… yes, of course. Niles Crane. Uh… | 哦 呃 你好 我是Niles Crane 呃 |
[04:33] | About this billing issue… | 关于账单的事 |
[04:35] | Oh. Oh, my God, this box is filthy. | 哦 老天 这盒子好脏 |
[04:39] | Uh, yes. The problem is I have received three | 呃 对 问题是我这半年内 |
[04:42] | invoices over the past six months. | 已经收到了3份账单 |
[04:44] | Yes. I’m so sorry about that, and I… I’m… | 我很抱歉 我 我 |
[04:47] | so sorry about… all this dust. | 我很抱歉这儿有这么多灰尘 |
[04:50] | Do you mind? I’ll have to turn on my hepa filter. | 我得去打开微粒空气过滤器 你不介意吧 |
[04:52] | Oh… you have a hepa… | 嗯 你有个微粒空气过 |
[04:54] | You have a Svenson! | 你居然有Svenson |
[04:57] | Yes! | 是的 |
[04:58] | They’re great, aren’t they? | 他们是不是很棒 |
[04:59] | Not to mention impossible to get in this country. I’ve tried! | 要把它弄进国内难于登天啊 我试过的 |
[05:04] | Well, I once did a favor for Mrs. Svenson. | 我曾经帮过Svenson夫人 |
[05:06] | Oh, it’s a long story. | 噢 说来话长 |
[05:08] | I’m all ears. | 我洗耳恭听 |
[05:09] | So was she. | 她的耳朵也不小 |
[05:11] | Anyway, I’ve spoken to the accounting department about your bill, | 话说回来 我已经跟财务部说过你的账单问题 |
[05:14] | and it was clearly our mistake. | 很明显是我们的失误 |
[05:17] | Please accept my apology. We’ll take care of it. | 请接受我的道歉 我们会处理好的 |
[05:19] | Oh. I… I appreciate that. | 噢 谢谢你 |
[05:23] | – Oh… – Ooh, I like that print very much. | – 噢 – 唔 我很喜欢这幅画 |
[05:28] | Everything all right? | 怎么了吗 |
[05:29] | I’m sorry. I just noticed a smudge on my jacket. | 抱歉 我刚发现大衣上有个污点 |
[05:31] | Well, it’s barely noticeable. | 几乎看不出来啊 |
[05:33] | You’re being kind. | 您真是个好人 |
[05:35] | I got that print at the last museum show. | 那是我在上次博物馆展览上买的打印版 |
[05:37] | Oh! I thought you looked familiar. | 唔 怪不得我觉得你眼熟 |
[05:40] | Uh, perhaps I’ve… I’ve seen you there. | 呃 估计我在那里见过你 |
[05:42] | Oh, perhaps. I go to all of the openings. | 也许吧 所有的博物馆活动我都会参加 |
[05:44] | I’m… I’m on the museum board. | 我是博物馆董事会的成员 |
[05:47] | Really? | 真的嘛 |
[05:47] | Well, congratulations. All the exhibits this year have been… | 那恭喜了 今年所有的展览都很 |
[05:51] | …perfection! | 完美 |
[05:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:56] | I, uh… | 我 呃 |
[05:57] | I… I particularly like the Picasso. | 我 我特别喜欢毕加索 |
[06:00] | I’m a big fan of his… his Cubist period. | 我是他立体主义时期的忠实粉丝 |
[06:02] | Oh, striking, isn’t she? | 她很惊艳 不是吗 |
[06:04] | Yes, I’d like to think if she’d come in here, | 不过要是她来这里求医的话 |
[06:05] | I could actually have helped her. | 我应该可以帮到她 |
[06:10] | You must think I’m terribly fussy. | 你肯定认为我是个特别挑剔的人 |
[06:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:14] | Well, anyway, it was very nice meeting you. | 不管怎样 很高兴认识你 |
[06:18] | Oh, likewise. | 噢 我也是 |
[06:20] | Dr. Karnofsky, | Karnofsky医生 |
[06:21] | Mrs. Maggarshack has a question for you in room three. | 三号房的Maggarshack夫人有问题想问您 |
[06:24] | Helen Maggarshack? | Helen Maggarshack吗 |
[06:26] | Oh, I really can’t say. | 噢 我真的不能透露 |
[06:27] | Oh, right. She’s finally having it removed? | 好吧 她终于要把那东西摘掉了吗 |
[06:30] | Why did she wait? | 她为什么要等到现在 |
[06:32] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[06:39] | I found ’98. | 我找到98年的了 |
[06:42] | Uh, actually, that’s all been settled. | 那个 其实 已经完事儿了 |
[06:44] | Uh, can you tell me… | 呃 请问 |
[06:46] | do you know, is… is that her husband? | 你知道 这是她的丈夫吗 |
[06:48] | No. She’s divorced. That’s her son. | 不 她离婚了 那是她儿子 |
[06:51] | Really? | 是嘛 |
[06:52] | Dr. Karnofsky’s so young, | Karnofsky医生这么年轻 |
[06:54] | she must have had him when she was a child. | 她肯定是在十几岁生的孩子 |
[06:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:04] | Oh! Oh, is there… is there something else? | 噢 噢 还有什么事吗 |
[07:06] | Uh… no. | 呃 没有 |
[07:09] | Uh… no. | 呃 没有 |
[07:11] | – Well… – Yes? | – 那个 – 你说 |
[07:13] | Mel, uh, I was wondering, uh… | Mel 呃 我想知道 呃 |
[07:16] | – Ooh. – Oh. | – 唔 – 唔 |
[07:17] | Uh, I, uh, uh… This is a little awkward… | 呃 我 呃 呃 这有点尴尬 |
[07:20] | Oh, thank you. I, uh, uh… | 噢 谢谢你 我 呃 呃 |
[07:23] | Uh… I’m not really sure how to ask… Uh… | 呃 我不确定该怎么问 呃 |
[07:25] | – I think I know what it is. – Uh-huh? | – 我应该知道你想问什么了 – 是吗 |
[07:27] | And you’ve got no reason to be nervous. | 你完全没必要紧张 |
[07:29] | – Oh, really? – Yes. | – 真的吗 – 没错 |
[07:30] | Just a few quick injections, | 只要注射几针 |
[07:32] | and those nasty little wrinkles in your forehead, | 你额头上的那些讨厌的小皱纹 |
[07:34] | they’ll disappear. | 立马就能消失 |
[07:37] | Well, that is what you were going to ask, isn’t it? | 呃 这是你想问的吧 |
[07:41] | Yes. | 没错 |
[07:42] | Well, it’s a very simple procedure, | 这很个简单的微整形 |
[07:44] | although your forehead will be numb for a while. | 不过你的额头会麻木一段时间 |
[07:46] | I… I can fit you in at, uh, 4:30. | 我 我可以把你安排在 呃 四点半 |
[07:48] | Oh, good. That gives me time to do something I need to do. | 哦 好啊 我四点半正好有空 |
[07:51] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[07:58] | Hello, Dr. Crane. | 你好 Crane医生 |
[07:59] | Hello, Daphne. I was on my way home. | 你好 Daphne 我正好路过 |
[08:01] | I thought I’d see how the patient was doing. | 想着来看看病人情况如何 |
[08:02] | Oh, I’m fine, thank you, Niles. | 哦 我没事了 谢谢你 Niles |
[08:04] | You have no idea how guilty I’m feeling. | 你不知道 我可内疚着呢 |
[08:07] | I suppose he told you it was my fist | 他应该告诉你们了 是我的拳头 |
[08:08] | that struck the inadvertent yet powerful blow. | 不小心打破了他的鼻子 |
[08:14] | So, how did things go with the nefarious Dr. Karnofsky? | 你跟那个邪恶的Karnofsky谈得怎么样 |
[08:18] | Did you give him a piece of your mind? | 你有没有好好教训他 |
[08:19] | Actually, “He” Turned out to be a “She”, | 其实 她原来是个女人 |
[08:22] | and quite a reasonable “She” at that. | 而且还挺讲道理的 |
[08:23] | Really? That’s quite a turnabout. | 是嘛 那还真是个大反转呢 |
[08:26] | Yes, well… | 是啊 那个 |
[08:27] | – Dr. Crane, don’t move. – Why? | – Crane医生 别动 – 怎么了 |
[08:29] | There’s a mosquito. | 有个蚊子 |
[08:30] | – Where? – On your forehead. | – 哪里 – 在你额头上 |
[08:31] | Oh, get off, get off, get off. | 噢 快走开 快走开 快走开 |
[08:34] | – It’s already gone. – Oh. | – 已经飞走了 – 噢 |
[08:36] | Oh, dear, it looks like it bit you. | 天哪 它好像咬了你一口 |
[08:38] | Oh, right… Ow! | 哦 对啊 嗷 |
[08:44] | Niles, wrinkle your forehead for me, will you? | Niles 请你皱一皱眉头 好吗 |
[08:53] | Why would I do that? | 我才不要 |
[08:55] | Just do it. Wrinkle your forehead. | 听话 皱一皱眉头 |
[09:03] | I’m not your marionette! | 我可不是你的木偶 |
[09:05] | You got a Botox injection! | 你打了肉毒针 |
[09:06] | You’ve got a forehead full of poison right now, don’t you? | 你脑门上现在全是毒素 是也不是 |
[09:09] | I do not! | 我 没 有 |
[09:13] | Well, that’s strange. | 好奇怪啊 |
[09:15] | The mosquito fell right out of the air, dead. | 那只蚊子从空中摔下来 死了 |
[09:21] | What’s a Botox injection? | 什么是肉毒针 |
[09:23] | Oh, it’s a cosmetic procedure they use to eliminate facial wrinkles. | 咳 就是一种消除面部皱纹的微整形 |
[09:26] | Oh, great, my kids are having plastic surgery. | 妈呀 我的孩子都在做整形手术了 |
[09:28] | That’s a nice age to get to. | 我有这么老了吗 |
[09:30] | I can’t believe you let Maris’ witch doctor work her magic on you. | 真不敢相信 你居然让Maris的巫医对你施法 |
[09:33] | Mel… is a perfectly lovely person. | Mel 是个非常可爱的女人 |
[09:36] | In fact, I was screwing up my courage to ask her out on a date | 我本打算鼓起勇气请她跟我约会 |
[09:39] | when she noticed this little flaw, and I lost my nerve. | 谁知道她注意到了我这个小缺陷 我的勇气就没了 |
[09:42] | Yes… and most of the feeling in your face, as well! | 是啊 你脸上的感觉也没了吧 |
[09:46] | Dr. Crane, look. Your picture’s on the news. | Crane医生 看啊 你的照片上新闻了 |
[09:49] | Well, turn it up, Dad, turn it up. | 噢 老爸 音量调大点 调大点 |
[09:50] | After checking into the hospital with what appeared to be | 经与医院确认 |
[09:52] | 1952-1999 | Frasier Crane医生 |
[09:53] | minor injuries from a fender bender, | 经历轻微交通事故而受了小伤的 |
[09:54] | radio psychiatrist Frasier Crane died suddenly today. | 电台心理医生Frasier Crane 今天突然离世了 |
[09:59] | I’m sure I speak for all of us here at KYOL | 在此我代表KYOL的全体员工表示 |
[10:02] | when I say he will be sorely missed. | 沉痛哀悼 |
[10:04] | But this rain won’t be missed, will it, Flip? | 不过这场雨是肯定会下的 对吧 Flip |
[10:08] | Dear God! | 老天爷啊 |
[10:09] | – What the hell? – That’s unbelievable! | – 搞什么鬼 – 难以置信 |
[10:11] | Outrageous! | 太离谱了 |
[10:18] | As it turns out, after I left the hospital, | 原来是我离开医院后 |
[10:19] | some poor devil used my name to jump the line | 有个可怜人用了我的名字插队 |
[10:22] | and he dropped dead of a heart attack. | 结果心脏病发倒地去世 |
[10:26] | I must say, it does feel a bit strange having | 我得说 让整个西雅图因为我 |
[10:28] | plunged all of Seattle, albeit temporarily, into so much grief. | 陷入如此沉痛让我有点不安呢 尽管只是暂时的 |
[10:34] | I know I’ll never forget where I was when I heard you had died. | 我永远也不会忘记我是在哪儿听到你离世消息的 |
[10:39] | I was out on the street, | 我就在马路上 |
[10:41] | and there was this crowd watching a television | 看到有群人在透过商场橱窗 |
[10:43] | – through a department store window… – Mm-hmm. | – 看电视 – 嗯哼 |
[10:45] | and before I knew it, we were weeping and hugging each other… | 不知不觉 我们都潸然泪下 互相拥抱 |
[10:48] | That’s very amusing, Roz. | 真有意思 Roz |
[10:50] | And then it began to rain, and… | 然后开始下雨了 |
[10:52] | I had this feeling that all the angels were crying. | 我感觉所有的天使都在哭泣 |
[10:55] | Yes, all right, Roz! | 够了 Roz |
[10:57] | Hey, Roz. | 嘿 Roz |
[10:58] | Fras, did you see this? | Fras 你看过这个吗 |
[10:59] | Yes, as a matter of fact, I did. | 是的 我看过了 |
[11:00] | It’s my obituary. | 这是我的讣告 |
[11:01] | They printed it? | 他们还印出来了啊 |
[11:02] | Yes, they must have picked it up off the wire last night | 是的 他们肯定是昨晚看新闻了 |
[11:04] | before the news ran that correction. | 但没看到后面的更正 |
[11:06] | Jimmy gave it to me at McGinty’s. | 这是Jimmy在麦金蒂酒吧给我的 |
[11:07] | Boy, everybody was so nice to me, | 哎哟 大家对我都可好了 |
[11:09] | buying me beers and everything, | 请我喝酒啊啥的 |
[11:10] | you know, because of the shock I went through, | 因为我经受了巨大惊吓 |
[11:12] | thinking I’d lost my son. | 以为我失去儿子了 |
[11:15] | Dad, what are you talking about? You never thought I was dead! | 老爸 你在说什么 你哪里受了巨大惊吓 |
[11:17] | Well, people don’t have to know that. | 大家又没必要知道这个 |
[11:20] | I mean, I could have been at home alone, | 我是说 如果我是一个人在家 |
[11:22] | wondering where you were, and I get this strange, uneasy feeling, | 想着你去哪儿了 突然又有了奇怪不安的感应 |
[11:26] | so I turn on the TV, and there it is… | 所以我开了电视 就看到屏幕上 |
[11:29] | on the screen: the face of my dead son. | 我离世儿子的脸 这不是很有可能的嘛 |
[11:33] | I was sitting right beside you! | 我当时就坐在你旁边 |
[11:34] | – Well, what the hell kind of story is that? – It’s the truth! | – 那算哪门子故事 – 这是真相 |
[11:36] | Well, the truth doesn’t put anything on a coaster! | 真相可不会请我喝东西 |
[11:39] | Well, there’s something for your scrapbook, huh? | 你的剪贴簿上又有新东西了哈 |
[11:41] | Your own obituary. | 你自己的讣告 |
[11:43] | Yes, well… | 那个 |
[11:45] | you know, frankly, it’s… | 说实话 我 |
[11:47] | it’s a little upsetting. | 我有点苦恼 |
[11:49] | I don’t think they meant to be insulting. | 他们不是想挖苦你 |
[11:51] | – You are “Lovably pompous”. – Well, no, it’s… | – 你是”浮夸得可爱” – 不 不是 |
[11:54] | not that. It’s just, you know, seeing my life in black and white. | 不是那个 通过白纸黑字看我的人生 |
[11:58] | It just all looks a little… | 看上去有点 |
[12:01] | incomplete. | 不完整 |
[12:02] | What do you mean? | 此话怎讲 |
[12:03] | Well, I was going to do so much with my life. | 我想做的事太多太多了 |
[12:06] | I was going to write a novel and run for public office. | 我计划写本小说 竞选公职 |
[12:09] | I was going to do my own translation of Freud. | 自己翻译弗洛伊德的著作 |
[12:13] | Well, what’s stopping you? You’re not actually dead. | 谁拦着你了 你不是还活着吗 |
[12:17] | I guess you’re right, Roz. | 你说得对呀 Roz |
[12:18] | I’m not dead, am I? | 我还活着 |
[12:20] | You know, maybe that’s a good way of looking at this, actually. | 也许这件事也有积极的一面 |
[12:22] | More of a… a wake-up call. | 这是对我的当头棒喝 |
[12:24] | Dr. Crane, | Crane医生 |
[12:26] | I was so relieved to hear that you were all right. | 听说你没事的时候我真是大松一口气 |
[12:29] | Oh, thank you. | 噢 谢谢 |
[12:30] | I heard the news and I thought, “What a shame. | 我看到新闻的时候就一直在想 “太可惜了 |
[12:33] | Why, he is such a young man.” | 为什么 他还这么年轻” |
[12:35] | That’s so nice of you. Thank you. | 你真是个好人 谢谢你 |
[12:36] | Thank you so much. Well, you know, you’re right. | 非常感谢 你说得对 |
[12:39] | What am I doing frittering away my day here in this coffee house? | 我干嘛还在这咖啡店浪费我的大好时光 |
[12:41] | You know what? I’ve got things to do. | 我可有好多事要做 |
[12:43] | I’ve got fresh worlds to conquer. | 我要去征服新世界了 |
[12:45] | I’m going to go out there and grab life by the scruff. | 我要去扼住生命的喉咙 |
[12:47] | Look out, destiny, here I come! | 小心了 命运 我来了 |
[12:51] | Oh, well, it’s really coming down out there. | 呃 外面的雨真大啊 |
[12:59] | What happened to your clothes? Did you spill something on yourself? | 你的衣服怎么了 是不是洒了什么东西在上面 |
[13:01] | Oh, no, no. I’m… I’m going jogging later. | 噢 没有没有 我待会儿要去慢跑 |
[13:03] | No need to be sarcastic. | 没必要冷嘲热讽的 |
[13:05] | Just give me the clothes, and I’ll do another load. | 把衣服给我 我再去洗一次还不行吗 |
[13:07] | No, I’m serious, Daphne. | 不 我是认真的 Daphne |
[13:09] | I plan to go running just after I finish my obituary. | 我打算完成我的讣告后就去跑步 |
[13:13] | You see, it’s a self-actualizing exercise. | 你看 这就是一个自我实现的过程 |
[13:15] | You see, you write your obituary the way you’d like it to appear | 先写下你理想中的讣告 |
[13:18] | years from now, of course, | 当然是数年之后的事了 |
[13:19] | and then it helps you to focus your goals. | 然后它就能鞭策你实现这些目标 |
[13:22] | You see, here they are, all my hopes and dreams. | 这就是了 我所有的希望和梦想 |
[13:25] | These are dreams, all right. | 还真是梦想 |
[13:28] | “Dr. Crane came late to athletics. | “Crane医生在运动方面大器晚成 |
[13:31] | “He became a fixture in the Seattle marathon, | “他成了西雅图马拉松赛的常客 |
[13:34] | “the America’s Cup Yacht Race as well as the Kentucky Derby.” | “同时也是美国杯帆船赛和肯塔基赛马的常客” |
[13:40] | A jockey at your size? | 有你这个块头的骑手吗 |
[13:41] | You better start writing an obituary for the horse. | 那你还是赶紧给那匹马写讣告吧 |
[13:45] | Very amusing, Daphne. I meant as a stable owner. | 哈哈 Daphne 我的意思是拥有一些赛马 |
[13:48] | Hey, Fras, what’d you do, spill something on your clothes? | 嘿 Fras 你把什么东西洒到衣服上了吗 |
[13:52] | No, no, I’m going jogging later. | 没有没有 我待会儿要去慢跑 |
[13:53] | Well, there’s no need to get sarcastic about it. | 你没必要这么冷嘲热讽 |
[13:56] | I’m serious, Dad. | 我是认真的 老爸 |
[13:57] | I mean, I have to start somewhere if I plan to run a marathon! | 我打算跑马拉松 总得练起来啊 |
[14:00] | Oh! We got a new basket? | 噢 我们收到个新礼品篮啊 |
[14:02] | Hickory Farms! | 山核桃牧场的 |
[14:04] | Yeah, that one came this afternoon. | 是啊 那个今天下午刚送来 |
[14:06] | Dad, we agreed | 老爸 我们商量好的 |
[14:07] | we were going to send back all the condolence baskets intact. | 要把所有慰问礼品篮原封不动送回去 |
[14:09] | Yeah, I know, I know… | 哎呀 我知道 我知道 |
[14:11] | but, you know, if a can of pecans falls out here and there, | 但要是一罐山核桃掉出来了 |
[14:13] | who’s going to notice? | 谁又会注意到呢 |
[14:15] | Oh, by the way, guess who I ran into? | 哦 对了 猜我遇到谁了 |
[14:17] | That friend of yours from next door, Regan. | 你隔壁的朋友 Regan |
[14:20] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗 – 是啊 |
[14:21] | You know, she was pretty relieved to hear you weren’t dead. | 她听说你没死真是大松一口气啊 |
[14:24] | I don’t know, maybe there’s still something going on there. | 也许你们还有机会 |
[14:26] | Oh, I don’t know, Dad. | 唉 我不确定 老爸 |
[14:27] | I… I’d like to believe that, but I’m just too much of a realist. | 我很想相信 但我是个理智的人呐 |
[14:31] | Tell that to the two million people a year who visit “Frasier Land”. | 把这话告诉每年游览”Frasier乐园”的两百万人吧 |
[14:37] | It’s a website. | 那是个网站 |
[14:39] | It teaches children about psychiatry! | 教孩子们心理学 |
[14:42] | – Oh, hi. – Hey, Dad, I can’t stay. | – 噢 嗨 – 嘿 老爸 我就待一会儿 |
[14:44] | I just realized i think I left my cell phone here last night. | 我刚发现我昨晚把手机落这儿了 |
[14:46] | Oh, yeah, I did see it somewhere. | 噢 对 我好像看到了 |
[14:48] | Let’s have a look. | 我来找找 |
[14:50] | Hey, why are you wearing running clothes? | 嘿 你怎么穿着跑步的衣服 |
[14:51] | He won’t tell us. | 他不肯告诉我们 |
[14:54] | Oh, here it is. | 噢 找到了 |
[14:55] | It was buried back here underneath all these baskets. | 就埋在这些篮子底下 |
[14:58] | Oh, Daph, look what you did! | 噢 Daph 看你干的好事 |
[15:00] | Rooting around in there, you poked a hole right through this | 东翻西找 把这个山核桃农场的篮子 |
[15:03] | Hickory Farms basket! | 戳了个大洞 |
[15:07] | We can’t send it back now! | 我们没法送回去了 |
[15:10] | Thank you, Daphne. | 谢谢 Daphne |
[15:11] | – Niles? – Yeah. | – Niles – 怎么了 |
[15:13] | Is that a bandage sticking out of your shirt? | 你衬衫里冒出来的是不是绷带 |
[15:15] | Oh, where? | 噢 哪儿 |
[15:16] | Well, right there. | 就在那儿 |
[15:18] | Oh, yes. I… I cut myself shaving. | 噢 对 我刮胡子的时候割到自己了 |
[15:20] | What, on the back of your neck? | 什么 在你的脖子后面 |
[15:23] | You went to see Karnofsky again, didn’t you? | 你是不是又去找Karnofsky了 |
[15:26] | Yes, I did. I… I was going to ask her out again, but I… | 是的 我 我又想去请她跟我约会 但我 |
[15:30] | I got all flustered when I… | 我发现她盯着这个怪异的粉刺看 |
[15:31] | I caught her staring at this grotesque carbuncle. | 我就完全慌了神 |
[15:34] | Carbuncle? You mean that minuscule mole of yours? | 粉刺 你是说你那颗小痣吗 |
[15:36] | Well, to you. I… I’ve always been self-conscious about it. | 对你可能无伤大雅 我可是一直很介意它的 |
[15:39] | I’ve made many a hasty wine selection | 我已经太多次草率地选了红酒 |
[15:41] | because I felt the sommelier staring down at… | 就因为品酒师盯着它看 |
[15:43] | Oh, Niles, please. Why don’t you just knock this off? | 噢 Niles 拜托 你别再胡闹了 |
[15:46] | Isn’t it time you just asked the woman out? | 你就赶紧邀这个女人去约会吧 |
[15:48] | Frasier, I… I’m… I’m just waiting until the moment’s right. | Frasier 我 我只是在等正确的时机 |
[15:51] | Like you did with Daphne? | 就像你跟Daphne一样吗 |
[15:53] | Oh, Niles, I am sorry. It’s just that… | 噢 Niles 抱歉 只是你再不开口 |
[15:56] | I’d like to see you do this while I can still pick you out of a crowd. | 过几天估计你就整容整得我都不认识你了 |
[16:02] | You know, I’ve got tickets for the opera tonight. | 我正好有今晚歌剧的门票 |
[16:04] | Why don’t you ask her to join you? | 去邀请她一起看吧 |
[16:05] | Oh, I don’t know. | 噢 我也不知道 |
[16:07] | Oh, come on. | 噢 拜托 |
[16:08] | Take a cue from me. I am completely reinventing myself. | 看看我 我已经在重塑自己 |
[16:11] | You know what, if I can learn a new language | 要是我能学一种新语言 |
[16:13] | and climb mountains and write a best-seller, | 爬山 写出畅销书 |
[16:17] | well then surely you can ask this woman out. | 你当然可以跟这个女人去约会了 |
[16:18] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, i have a marathon to train for! | 失陪了 我要去为马拉松锻炼了 |
[16:21] | Oh! | 嗷 |
[16:24] | Are you all right, Fras? | 你没事吧 Fras |
[16:26] | I’m… fine. | 我 没事 |
[16:28] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[16:29] | Well, I think he tripped on one of these baskets. | 他大概是被哪个篮子绊倒了 |
[16:31] | Well, did you break anything? | 那你打坏了什么吗 |
[16:32] | I don’t think so. | 应该没有 |
[16:33] | Because, you know, if you broke it, | 要是你打坏了这个的话 |
[16:34] | there’s no point in sending this one back, either. | 那也没必要把它送回去了 |
[16:53] | Oh, dear God. | 老天哪 |
[16:55] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[16:58] | Oh, they gave you a sweet one. | 噢 他们给了你根漂亮的 |
[16:59] | All shiny, no scuffs. | 全身闪亮 没有磨损 |
[17:02] | Still has that new cane smell. | 还有新手杖的味道 |
[17:06] | If you play your cards right, | 要是你好好表现 |
[17:07] | I might let you take it for a spin around the lobby, all right? | 我让你拿着它在大堂显摆一下 好了吧 |
[17:10] | So, what’d they say? | 那么 他们怎么说 |
[17:11] | Oh, just a little sprain. It’s gonna take a couple of weeks. | 唉 就有一点扭伤 要几个礼拜才能康复 |
[17:14] | You know, I guess I’m going to have to rethink my life’s plan a bit. | 我大概要重新考虑下我的人生计划了 |
[17:18] | Oh, you’re going to be doing all this stuff? | 噢 你打算去完成这里所有的计划吗 |
[17:21] | Well, of course, Dad. Why wouldn’t I? | 当然了 老爸 为什么不呢 |
[17:23] | Oh, I don’t know. It just seems all so complicated. | 怎么说呢 就是看上去有点复杂啊 |
[17:26] | The first one you tried was kind of a bust. | 你尝试的第一个就不顺当嘛 |
[17:28] | Yes, all right. Well, you know what? | 好吧 那么 |
[17:30] | I’ve just got to uh… scale things back a little bit, | 我重新规划一下好了 |
[17:34] | set my sights on more attainable goals. | 设定一些更可行的目标 |
[17:37] | Well, for instance, here. | 比如 这个 |
[17:39] | “Visit South America.” | “游览南美洲” |
[17:41] | That’s in. | 留着 |
[17:43] | “Discover the lost treasure of the Incas.” | “发现印加人遗失的宝藏” |
[17:49] | That’s out. | 剔除 |
[17:52] | “Take up rafting.” | “练习漂流” |
[17:54] | That’s in. | 留着 |
[17:55] | “Retrace Lewis and Clark’s Route.” | “重走路易斯和克拉克的路线” |
[17:59] | That’s out. | 剔除 |
[18:02] | And this perpetual motion stuff, all this can go. | 然后这些永动机之类的 全部剔除 |
[18:08] | Daphne Daphne! | |
[18:09] | Oh, no, she’s out for the whole evening. | 别叫了 她今晚出去了 |
[18:10] | You’re gonna have to get it yourself. | 你得自己去开门咯 |
[18:12] | Oh, all right. | 哦 好吧 |
[18:13] | Come on, let’s see how that thing handles the corners. | 快让我看看你这宝驾的拐弯性能怎么样 |
[18:16] | Come on, open her up! | 快啊 让它飞吧 |
[18:22] | – Oh! – Frasier, I’d like you to meet Dr. Mel Karnofsky. | – 噢 – Frasier 这是Mel Karnofsky医生 |
[18:25] | Well, I can’t tell you what a pleasure this is. | 很高兴能见到你 |
[18:27] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:28] | I believe you have some opera tickets for us? | 你是不是有两张歌剧票要给我们 |
[18:30] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[18:31] | Oh, uh, Mel, this is my father, Martin. | 噢 呃 Mel 这是我父亲 Martin |
[18:33] | – Oh, hello. – Hi. How are you? – Here we are. | – 噢 你好 – 嗨 你好啊 – 票来了 |
[18:35] | Oh, thank you. We’re very grateful for this. | 噢 谢谢你 真的很谢谢你 |
[18:38] | Niles and I happen to be such huge fans of Puccini. | Niles跟我正好都是普契尼的忠实粉丝 |
[18:40] | Oh, speaking of which, here’s our own little “Pooch-ini”. | 噢 说到这儿 这是我们家的小”狗契尼” |
[18:43] | Oh, well! Oh, well! | 哦 好 哦 |
[18:46] | You’re a darling! Yes! | 你真可爱哪 |
[18:49] | – Oh, he’s wonderful. – Yes. | – 噢 他真棒 – 是吧 |
[18:52] | Oh… | 噢 |
[18:56] | So, where are you two having dinner? | 那么 你们准备在哪儿吃晚餐 |
[18:58] | Bel Canto. We have a table on the terrace. | 美声唱法餐厅 我们订了一张阳台的桌子 |
[19:00] | The terrace? | 阳台 |
[19:02] | Well, I didn’t know they had a terrace. | 我都不知道他们有个阳台 |
[19:03] | Really? Oh, well, I guess you have to know the owner. | 是吧 大概得认识餐厅老板才行吧 |
[19:06] | But we’d better be going. I’ve pre-ordered our chocolate souffles, | 我们该走了 我提前点了巧克力蛋奶酥 |
[19:09] | and they’ll be ready at 7:30 precisely. | 他们会在7点半准时做好 |
[19:11] | Well, off you go, then. | 那你们快出发吧 |
[19:13] | Just remember, Niles, | Niles 记得啊 |
[19:14] | nothing puts on love handles faster than chocolate souffle. | 最能助长腰间赘肉的 非巧克力蛋奶酥莫属 |
[19:18] | Oh, well, you know, no one takes them off faster than I do. | 噢 能帮你快速摆脱它们的非我莫属 |
[19:23] | That’s… that’s very funny. | 好风趣 |
[19:25] | Lovely meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[19:28] | Well, she seems a bit much. | 她有点太那个了吧 |
[19:31] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[19:33] | Well, you know, picking the restaurant, dining on the terrace. | 那个 选餐厅啊 阳台上用餐啊 |
[19:36] | “You have to know the owner.” | “你得认识餐厅老板” |
[19:38] | Doesn’t she remind you of someone? | 她是不是很像某人 |
[19:40] | Yeah, you! | 像你啊 |
[19:45] | I was talking about Maris. | 我是说Maris |
[19:46] | Oh, come on. Don’t you think you’re overreacting a little bit? | 哎哟 你是不是有点反应过度了 |
[19:49] | I mean, Niles sure seems happy. | Niles看上去很开心啊 |
[19:50] | Oh, I guess you’re right, Dad. | 嗯 你说得对 老爸 |
[19:52] | Besides, I’ve got a lot to accomplish this evening. | 而且 我今晚还有好多事要做呢 |
[19:55] | I’m going to start on my Russian language tapes. | 我先从俄语录音带开始吧 |
[19:59] | What? What is it, Dad? | 怎么 老爸 你有什么想法 |
[20:01] | What? Nothing. | 没什么啊 |
[20:02] | What? Don’t you think I can do any of these things? | 怎么 你是觉得我最后都会半途而废吗 |
[20:04] | No, I think you can do anything you put your mind to, Frasier. | 不 我知道只要你想 你什么都能做到 Frasier |
[20:07] | You always have. | 你一直都是这样啊 |
[20:09] | Thank you, Dad. | 谢谢你 老爸 |
[20:10] | I just wonder about all these projects. | 我只是觉得计划有点多 |
[20:13] | Well, as I said, I am streamlining. | 像我之前说的 我已经在重新规划了 |
[20:16] | You know, I think what you discovered this week | 我觉得你这周发现的问题 |
[20:17] | was that something’s missing from your life, | 就是你的人生缺失了什么 |
[20:20] | and before you start to fill it up | 在你东拉西拽 |
[20:21] | with everything but the kitchen sink, | 拼命找东西填补之前 |
[20:23] | I thought you ought to just ask yourself, | 你该问问你自己 |
[20:26] | “What do I really want? | “我真正想要的是什么 |
[20:28] | What is really going to make me happy… now?” | “什么才能使我现在就真正享受到快乐” |
[20:36] | Well, that’s weird. | 哎呀 有点奇怪 |
[20:39] | I suddenly feel like having a beer. | 我突然想喝啤酒 |
[21:19] | Regan, it’s me, Frasier. | Regan 是我 Frasier |