时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | There is absolutely no reason | 你的背痛真的很有可能 |
[00:11] | this can’t be connected to some submerged anxiety. | 是由于潜在焦虑造成的 |
[00:13] | I mean, what’s bothering you? | 你到底有什么烦恼 |
[00:14] | The only women in my life are friends. | 我生命中的女人都是朋友 |
[00:16] | Roz and Daphne. | Roz 和 Daphne |
[00:18] | Daphne’s not even here anymore. | Daphne就要搬走了 |
[00:19] | She’ll be married soon. | 她马上要结婚了 |
[00:20] | It’s been nice having her here. | 有她在家里其实挺好的 |
[00:23] | I really do love Daphne. | 我真的很爱Daphne |
[00:27] | It’s about Dr. Crane. | 是关于Crane医生的 |
[00:29] | I overheard him say he’s in love with me. | 我不小心听到他说他爱着我 |
[00:32] | Geez, not this. | 天呐 不是吧 |
[00:34] | You knew about this? | 你知道这事 |
[00:35] | I kept my mouth shut for six years. | 都六年了 我什么也没说过 |
[00:37] | I’m not saying anything now. | 现在也不会说的 |
[00:39] | Of course I love you, Daphne, | 我当然爱你了 Daphne |
[00:41] | but… as a friend, that’s all. | 但是 是朋友之间的爱 没有别的 |
[00:43] | When I said to your father, “Dr. Crane’s in love with me,” | 我和你爸爸说”Crane医生喜欢我”时 |
[00:47] | he said it’s been going on for six years now. | 他说 已经喜欢了六年了 |
[00:50] | What did he mean by that? | 他这话是什么意思 |
[00:52] | He meant Niles. | 他是说Niles |
[00:53] | He’s crazy about you. | 他简直为你痴狂 |
[01:01] | Oh, good Lord, Dad. You’ve been tinkering with that thing for hours. | 哦 天呐 老爸 今天你一直在鼓捣这玩意 |
[01:04] | Now, don’t you think maybe Dancin’ Santa could sit this Christmas out? | 今年您就不能让跳舞的圣诞老人歇一歇吗 |
[01:08] | Oh, I got to get him ready for your big party tomorrow night. | 不行 我得把它修好 好给你明天开派对用 |
[01:11] | Oh, no need, Dad. | 哦 不用了 老爸 |
[01:12] | There’ll be plenty of things to delight my guests. | 我给客人们准备了好多娱乐项目 |
[01:15] | We’ll be caroling and playing games. | 我们会唱圣诞歌 玩游戏 |
[01:17] | Oh, and I’ll be reading A Child’s Christmas in Wales | 哦 我还会读<一个孩子在威尔士的圣诞节> |
[01:20] | to bring the evening to a close. | 来为派对画上圆满的句号 |
[01:21] | Oh, that should do it. | 噢 肯定能画上句号 |
[01:24] | – Hey, Frasier. – Oh, hello, Roz. | – 嗨 Frasier – 哦 你好啊 Roz |
[01:25] | – Hey, Martin. – Hey, Roz. | – 嗨 Martin – 嗨 Roz |
[01:26] | I can’t stay. I just stopped by to drop off your punch bowl. | 我不久留了 就是过来给你送潘趣酒碗的 |
[01:29] | Well, thank you, Roz. | 哦 谢谢啦 Roz |
[01:30] | Say, what kind of punch did you serve? | 对了 你一般做什么潘趣酒呢 |
[01:32] | Well, first I filled it with ice. | 首先 我会放一层冰 |
[01:34] | Then I just poured orange juice and vodka over it. | 然后再倒点橙汁和伏特加 |
[01:37] | Well, Roz, that’s just a giant screwdriver. | Roz 那不就是一大碗螺丝起子酒么 |
[01:41] | Yeah… so, what am I, Martha Stewart? | 那又怎么了 我又不是玛莎斯图尔特 |
[01:46] | Fine. Thanks anyway. | 好吧 还是谢啦 |
[01:47] | You know, I’m really going to be needing this bowl tomorrow evening. | 我明天晚上的派对上还真少不了这个大酒碗呢 |
[01:50] | There’s going to be a crowd of guests. | 肯定会有好多客人 |
[01:52] | I’ve invited the entire building, | 我给整栋楼的人都发邀请函了 |
[01:53] | – including Cam Winston. – Oh… | – 连Cam Winston都请了 – 哦 |
[01:55] | In the spirit of Christmas, I’ve decided | 秉着圣诞节的精神 我决定 |
[01:56] | to put an end to our feud. | 跟他尽弃前嫌 |
[01:58] | What are you feuding about? | 你们俩有什么前嫌 |
[01:59] | Oh, he parks his SUV right next to Frasier’s Beemer. | 哦 他老把自己的SUV停在Frasier的宝马旁边 |
[02:02] | Yes, well, that car is grotesquely oversized. | 他那辆车简直就是巨无霸 |
[02:05] | I’ve often been forced | 我每次下车都得从 |
[02:06] | to exit from the passenger side. | 副驾驶门钻出去 |
[02:08] | Many a time, I’ve been brought to grief on my gear shift. | 好几次都被变速杆弄得蛋疼 |
[02:13] | Why doesn’t he just back in? | 那他就换个方向 倒车进去不就得了 |
[02:15] | Are you kidding? | 就凭他的技术 |
[02:16] | He can barely hit that space | 就算那辆SUV不停在那儿 |
[02:17] | even when the guy’s car isn’t there. | 他倒车入库也够费劲的 |
[02:21] | – Hi, Roz. -Hey, Daphne. | – 嗨 Roz – 嗨 Daphne |
[02:23] | – Bye, guys. – Bye, Roz! | – 拜拜 – 拜拜 Roz |
[02:25] | – You leaving? – Yeah. | – 你这就走了吗 – 是啊 |
[02:26] | Actually, there’s something I’d like to talk to you about. | 那个 我有件事儿想和你说说 |
[02:31] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[02:32] | The other day, | 前几天 |
[02:33] | I found out something about Dr. Crane | 我偶然听到了些不该听到的事 |
[02:35] | I wasn’t supposed to know. | 是关于Crane医生的 |
[02:37] | Frasier? | Frasier吗 |
[02:38] | No, his brother. | 不 是他弟弟 |
[02:39] | Apparently, he’s had a crush on me for years. | 显然 他喜欢我好多年了 |
[02:43] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[02:45] | What do you mean, “Thank God”? | 怎么就”谢天谢地”了 |
[02:46] | I’ve been afraid for months | 我一直担心 |
[02:47] | I’d be the one to blow the secret. | 把这事儿捅出来的会是我呢 |
[02:49] | You mean you knew? | 你是说你知道 |
[02:50] | Well, everybody kind of did. | 是啊 大家都知道 |
[02:51] | And nobody said anything? | 但是谁都没告诉我 |
[02:53] | Well, if Niles wasn’t ready to say anything, | 要是Niles不打算表白的话 |
[02:55] | it wasn’t our place to do it. | 我们也不该说什么啊 |
[02:57] | Well, who spilled the beans? | 那到底是谁说漏的 |
[02:58] | It was Frasier, wasn’t it? | 是Frasier 对不对 |
[02:59] | Yeah, but he doesn’t know he told me. | 是啊 不过他不知道自己告诉我了 |
[03:01] | – He doesn’t? – No, he was on | – 他不知道 – 是啊 他那时 |
[03:02] | those painkillers for his back, and… | 因为背痛吃了止痛药 晕晕乎乎的 |
[03:04] | well, I can’t very well discuss it with Dr. Crane. | 我也没法告诉Crane医生我知道了 |
[03:06] | He’s so close to Dr. Crane. | 他和Crane医生那么亲密 |
[03:08] | If I told him, he might tell Dr. Crane, | 要是我说了 他没准会告诉Crane医生的 |
[03:10] | and then Dr. Crane might feel embarrassed. | 那Crane医生会囧死的 |
[03:13] | Yeah. Why confuse things? | 是啊 干嘛把事情搞那么复杂呢 |
[03:16] | The whole thing’s just a bit awkward. | 整个事情弄得有点尴尬 |
[03:18] | Well, I don’t see why. | 是嘛 我不觉得啊 |
[03:20] | Niles has a girlfriend now, | Niles现在有女朋友了 |
[03:22] | so obviously he’s gotten over you, | 那就说明他已经翻篇了 |
[03:23] | and you’re engaged to Donny. | 而且你也跟Donny订婚了 |
[03:25] | Yeah, I suppose when you look at it like that, | 是啊 听你这么一说 |
[03:28] | there’s really no reason to feel awkward. | 确实没什么好尴尬的 |
[03:31] | Well, there’s a Christmas tableau– | 哇 真是个经典圣诞画面 |
[03:33] | naughty and nice. | 好孩子和坏孩子 |
[03:36] | Hello, Dr. Crane. | 你好 Crane医生 |
[03:37] | Hello, Daphne. | 你好 Daphne |
[03:38] | I’d see you inside, but I just have to… | 我就不跟你一起进屋了 我得 |
[03:42] | take out the garbage. | 得出去扔垃圾 |
[03:44] | It’s in my pockets. | 我放口袋里了 |
[03:52] | Morning, everyone. | 大家早上好 |
[03:53] | – Hey, Niles. – Hello, Niles. | – 嗨 Niles – 好啊 Niles |
[03:55] | Frasier, I brought those caroling books you asked for. | Frasier 我给你带了圣诞颂歌的歌本 |
[03:57] | Oh, thank you so much. | 哦 多谢 |
[03:59] | Oh, yes, here we are. | 太好了 我看看 |
[04:01] | Preferred Songs from a Victorian Christmas | <维多利亚时期圣诞歌曲精选> |
[04:04] | and Elizabethan Tidings of Joy. | <伊丽莎白时期颂歌经典> |
[04:07] | Now we’re ready to party. Hahaha. | 咱们high起来吧 哈哈 |
[04:09] | So, Niles, what do you think? | Niles 你给个意见 |
[04:11] | Should we start with the caroling | 是先唱颂歌好 |
[04:12] | or should we hold off until we’ve played a spirited game | 还是先玩激动人心的游戏 |
[04:14] | of the Minister’s Cat? | “首相的猫” |
[04:17] | – Start with the game. – Uh-huh. | – 先玩游戏吧 – 这样啊 |
[04:18] | Then the caroling. | 然后唱圣歌 |
[04:19] | Then perhaps the guests will be ready | 之后大家就心里痒痒地 |
[04:21] | for another game. | 想玩下个游戏了 |
[04:21] | Yeah, Russian roulette. | 是啊 下个游戏是俄式轮盘 |
[04:26] | Yes, well, I’m off. | 好吧 我先走了 |
[04:28] | Oh, Niles, if you’re not busy this evening, | 哦 Niles 要是你今晚没事的话 |
[04:30] | perhaps you could help me string popcorn garlands. | 你来帮我给圣诞树挂灯吧 |
[04:32] | Uh, unfortunately, I have to see Maris tonight. | 呃 真不巧 我今晚要见Maris |
[04:34] | Maris Maris? | |
[04:35] | What the hell do you have to see her for? | 你见她干嘛 |
[04:37] | Sadly, to pay my condolences. | 很遗憾 是去悼念的 |
[04:39] | It seems our old gardener | 我们的老园艺师 |
[04:41] | has passed away unexpectedly. | 突然去世了 |
[04:42] | Oh, not Yoshi. | 哦 不是Yoshi吧 |
[04:43] | Gosh, that’s too bad. | 天呐 真是太遗憾了 |
[04:45] | He had a heart attack when he was out | 他在修剪树篱迷宫时 |
[04:47] | trimming maris’ elaborate hedge maze. | 心脏病发去世了 |
[04:50] | – The paramedics never had a chance. – No. | – 护理人员解破迷宫的时候已经晚了 – 唉 |
[04:55] | Well, I feel bad about Yoshi, but are you sure | 我对Yoshi的死感到遗憾 但是你确定 |
[04:57] | it’s a good idea spending the evening with Maris? | 今晚去见Maris明智吗 |
[05:00] | Well, she’s terribly upset. | 她特别难过 |
[05:01] | Maris and Yoshi were very close. | Maris跟Yoshi关系很好 |
[05:02] | In fact, I remember he once made | 我还记得他有一次 |
[05:05] | a topiary likeness of her | 为她修了一个树形雕像 |
[05:06] | and wept without shame when it developed root rot. | 结果那树得了烂根病 他没羞没臊地就哭开了 |
[05:11] | Well… | 好吧 |
[05:13] | the problem is I have to cancel on Mel tonight. | 问题是 我得取消今晚和Mel的约会 |
[05:15] | Oh, really? | 哦 是嘛 |
[05:16] | Well, Niles, if you want my advice, | Niles 要我说的话 |
[05:18] | I wouldn’t mention Maris to Mel. | 还是不要告诉Mel你要去见Maris吧 |
[05:20] | What? | 什么 |
[05:21] | The last thing a new girlfriend wants to hear | 你的新女朋友最不想听到的肯定就是 |
[05:22] | is that you’re consoling your ex-wife. | 你去安慰前妻了 |
[05:25] | Well, I hate to lie to Mel… | 好吧 不过我不想向Mel说谎 |
[05:27] | although I do see your point, Frasier. | 但是我明白你的意思了 Frasier |
[05:29] | Hey… | 哇 |
[05:30] | there he goes. | 他又能动了 |
[05:33] | Dad, Santa’s back. | 老爸 圣诞老人回来了 |
[05:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:37] | It’s the darndest thing. | 很神奇的事儿呢 |
[05:37] | Every year, when I take him out of the box, | 每年把他从箱子里翻出来时 |
[05:39] | something’s wrong with him, | 他总得出点什么毛病 |
[05:40] | but I always manage to fix him again. | 但我总能把他修好 |
[05:42] | Oh, good for you, Dad. | 哦 你真厉害 老爸 |
[05:44] | I told you to dunk it under water. | 我告诉过你 得把他泡水里 |
[05:45] | I did. | 我试过了 |
[05:56] | Hey, Doc. | 嗨 医生 |
[05:56] | – Merry Christmas. – Oh, hi, Kenny. My! | – 圣诞快乐 – 哦 嗨 Kenny 天呐 |
[06:00] | The station has certainly outdone itself this year | 台里今年的聚会真是别开生面啊 |
[06:02] | with the Christmas- in-Mexico theme. | 看这墨西哥风圣诞节啊 |
[06:05] | It was my idea. | 这是我的点子 |
[06:07] | It hit me when I realized | 墨西哥菜的酱料不是红配绿嘛 |
[06:08] | their sauces are red and green. | 跟圣诞节很相配啊 |
[06:10] | Ah, well… | 啊 这样啊 |
[06:12] | that’s why you are the boss. | 难怪你能做老板呢 |
[06:16] | Hey, Frasier, what time’s your party tonight? | 嗨 Frasier 你今晚的聚会几点开始来着 |
[06:17] | Shh! Please, keep your voice down. | 嘘 小点声行不行 |
[06:19] | You’re the only one from the station I’ve invited. | 台里我就请你了 |
[06:20] | – The only one? – Yes. | – 就我一个 – 是啊 |
[06:22] | Oh, don’t worry, there’ll be scads of people, | 哦 别担心 到时候会有很多人的 |
[06:24] | because I invited everyone in my building. 7:00. | 我把整栋楼的人都请了 七点 |
[06:26] | – Okay. – All right. | – 好吧 – 好的 |
[06:27] | Oh, Gil… | 哦 Gil |
[06:29] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[06:30] | – And to you, Frasier. – Oh, thank you. | – 同乐 Frasier – 哦 谢谢 |
[06:31] | I hope you saved room for dessert. | 你可得留着点肚子吃甜点哦 |
[06:33] | Have you been baking? | 甜点是你做的嘛 |
[06:34] | I have. | 可不是嘛 |
[06:37] | Gingerbread men. | 姜饼人 |
[06:38] | Oh, my, and don’t they look… muscular? | 哦 天呐 都是姜饼肌肉男啊 |
[06:42] | Yes, well, the wife and I made a new year’s resolution. | 是啊 我和我太太今年有个新年计划 |
[06:45] | – Mm-hmm. – Deb and I have joined a gym | – 是嘛 – 我和Deb办了个健身房卡 |
[06:46] | to slim down and buff up. | 减减肥 增增肌 |
[06:48] | We made these to inspire us. | 我们把姜饼人做成这样来激励自己 |
[06:50] | Ah, yes. | 啊 有道理 |
[06:51] | Nothing strengthens a dieter’s resolve | 励志的甜点最能 |
[06:53] | like a good motivational pastry. Hahaha. | 坚定人减肥的决心了 哈哈 |
[06:55] | Precisely. | 就是 |
[06:57] | Problem is, they’re so delicious, | 问题是 它们太好吃了 |
[06:58] | I’ve already had three. | 我都吃了仨了 |
[07:01] | This is my last little man, I promise. | 这是最后一个 说话算话 |
[07:04] | Mm! Oh, Gil, who are you kidding? | 嗯 噢 Gil 我骗谁呢 |
[07:09] | No one, Gil. | 谁也没骗成 Gil |
[07:13] | Frasier Frasier… | |
[07:15] | – Mel? – Hello. | – Mel – 嗨 |
[07:16] | Well, gosh, I never expected to see you here. | 天呐 什么风把你吹来了 |
[07:18] | Oh, well, I was one of the doctors | 哦 我在整容手术宣传周里 |
[07:20] | on Health Chat during cosmetic surgery week. | 参加了”健康谈话”节目 |
[07:23] | I did a segment on breast augmentation. | 我负责关于隆胸手术的话题 |
[07:25] | Oh, how uplifting. Hahahaha. | 哦 真是提振心情啊 哈哈哈 |
[07:29] | Yes, well… | 是啊 好吧 |
[07:30] | Niles is hanging up our coats. | Niles在那边挂衣服呢 |
[07:33] | So, did you two have a good dinner last night? | 你们俩昨晚饭吃得怎么样 |
[07:35] | Oh, uh, no, no. | 哦 呃 没有呀 |
[07:36] | Actually, we didn’t have dinner last night. | 我昨晚没跟Niles吃晚饭 |
[07:37] | I was too busy planning my party. | 我忙着准备派对来着 |
[07:39] | But, please, don’t mention that | 但是 拜托千万别告诉 |
[07:40] | to any of my colleagues. | 我同事我办派对的事 |
[07:41] | They’re not invited. | 我没邀请他们 |
[07:42] | Mel Mel? | |
[07:44] | Frasier, Frasier, glad I saw you. | Frasier Frasier 你在这太好了 |
[07:46] | Listen, about last night– if Mel should ask… | 听着 昨晚的事 要是Mel问起你 |
[07:47] | Oh, dear. | 哦 天呐 |
[07:49] | Oh, no. | 哦 不是吧 |
[07:49] | Oh, yes. | 哦 是的 |
[07:50] | And you…? | 那你 |
[07:51] | I’m afraid so. | 抱歉 |
[07:53] | Damn you! | 你妹的 |
[07:54] | – Well, I… – You’re the one who told me to lie to her. | – 可是我 – 是你告诉我要说谎的 |
[07:55] | Now you fail to… back me up. | 你现在又 给我掉链子 |
[07:57] | Well, I’m a little preoccupied. | 我有点分心了嘛 |
[07:58] | I’m having a party tonight for 200 people! | 我今晚可要办一个200人参加的派对呢 |
[08:03] | Well, I won’t lie to you, Doc. | 说实话 医生 |
[08:06] | This hurts. | 真伤人 |
[08:11] | Oh, I’m terribly sorry. | 哦 对不起 |
[08:12] | Oh, Mel, Mel, darling, please… | 哦 Mel Mel 亲爱的 |
[08:13] | darling, please, come here, darling, sweetheart. | 亲爱的 求你了 过来 亲爱的 小宝贝儿 |
[08:15] | – Niles, Niles… – I know, know you’re upset, darling, but listen. | – Niles Niles – 我知道你很生气 亲爱的 听我说 |
[08:17] | Please, we’re at a party. | 别这样 我们可是在派对呢 |
[08:19] | All right, all right, you’re right. | 好吧 好吧 你说得对 |
[08:20] | Uh, we’ll talk about it later. | 呃 我们一会再谈 |
[08:21] | No, no, no, we’ll talk about it now. | 别别 我们现在就谈 |
[08:22] | Just put on your party face. | 摆出标准派对表情就行了 |
[08:26] | Don’t embarrass me… | 别给我丢人 |
[08:27] | as if I could be further embarrassed | 我已经丢人丢到家了 |
[08:30] | after you lied to me. | 你怎么能撒谎呢 |
[08:31] | I can explain. | 听我解释 |
[08:32] | No, no, no, uh, you don’t need to. | 不不不 呃 你不用解释 |
[08:34] | When a man lies about where he’s been, | 男人要是不告诉你他去哪儿了 |
[08:36] | it’s not hard to guess the reason. | 猜也能猜到是怎么回事 |
[08:37] | So, what’s the little whore’s name? | 说吧 那个小婊子是谁 |
[08:41] | No, no, no, darling, the reason I told you | 不 不 亲爱的 我骗你说 |
[08:43] | that I was dining with Frasier | 自己跟Frasier吃晚餐 |
[08:45] | was actually, I was out… | 是因为 其实我是出去 |
[08:47] | Yes? | 干嘛了 |
[08:48] | …getting your Christmas present. | 给你买圣诞礼物了 |
[08:51] | – My present? – Uh-huh. | – 给我买礼物 – 嗯啊 |
[08:52] | Oh, darling, I’m so sorry. | 哦 亲爱的 真抱歉 |
[08:55] | I-I should’ve known. | 我 我应该想到的 |
[08:56] | Oh! | 哦 |
[08:57] | I’m so glad you’re forgiving me. | 你能原谅我真是太好了 |
[09:00] | Or is that your party face? | 还是这只是你的派对表情呢 |
[09:02] | Oh, no, no. | 哦 不 不 |
[09:04] | Of course not, darling. | 当然不是了 亲爱的 |
[09:06] | – So, why don’t you, um, hang my coat back up… – All right. | – 好吧 那你 呃 帮我把衣服挂回去吧 – 好的 |
[09:08] | and I’ll get us something to drink. | 我去拿点喝的 |
[09:10] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[09:12] | Oh, Mel… | 噢 Mel |
[09:13] | uh, this is awkward, uh… | 呃 真是尴尬 呃 |
[09:15] | Oh, no, no, no, Frasier. | 哦 不不 Frasier |
[09:16] | Niles explained everything, | Niles解释过了 |
[09:19] | and while I don’t like being lied to, | 虽然我不喜欢别人跟我撒谎 |
[09:21] | I do appreciate why he did it. | 但是说明白后 我就理解他了 |
[09:23] | Oh, I’m so glad. | 哦 那太好了 |
[09:24] | Ooh, hello. | 哦 你们好啊 |
[09:26] | Darling. | 亲爱的 |
[09:27] | Hello. Chatting, are we? | 嗨 聊天呢 是吧 |
[09:29] | Well, actually, I was just apologizing | 话说 我正想为自己 |
[09:31] | for my part in your little misunderstanding. | 给你们俩造成误会道歉呢 |
[09:34] | Oh, yes, well, then, of course you were discussing the present? | 哦 是嘛 好吧 你们是在聊现在的事呢吧 |
[09:36] | Oh, yes, yes, | 哦 是啊 是啊 |
[09:37] | the present… and the future. | 现在的事 还有以后的事 |
[09:38] | Maris is all in the past. | 当然 Maris早就成为过去了 |
[09:42] | Maris Maris? | |
[09:43] | Oh, dear. | 哦 天呐 |
[09:46] | You were with Maris last night? | 你昨晚跟Maris在一起 |
[09:49] | – Well… – How dare you? | – 呃 – 你怎么能这样 |
[09:53] | Anything else in the box, Pandora? | 你还想放什么招吗 潘多拉 |
[09:58] | – Mel, please. – Oh, no, don’t touch me, no. | – Mel 求你了 – 哦 别 别碰我 |
[10:01] | Party face, party face. | 别忘了派对表情 派对表情 |
[10:03] | No, no, forget the party face. | 别提什么派对表情了 |
[10:05] | You’re obviously still… in love with her, | 显然你 你还爱着她 |
[10:08] | and I’m not about to share you, | 我是不能容忍脚踏两只船的 |
[10:10] | so… good-bye. | 所以 再见了 |
[10:13] | Niles, Niles, I’m so sorry. | Niles Niles 真抱歉 |
[10:15] | Oh, Frasier, don’t pretend to be sorry. | 哦 Frasier 别装了 |
[10:17] | All you care about is your precious party | 你只关心你今晚要办的 |
[10:19] | that you’re hosting tonight! | 宝贝派对 |
[10:31] | 来Frasier Crane的节日晚宴干一杯吧 艾略特湾 1901室 如未能出席请另行通知 | |
[10:38] | Okay, honey, get ready. | 好叻 宝贝儿 准备好 |
[10:41] | Don’t be nervous. | 别紧张 |
[10:44] | Okay, bring it on home, Daphne! | 好了 来个漂亮的结尾 Daphne |
[10:48] | Yes! | 哇 |
[10:49] | Daphne Moon, everybody! | Daphne Moon 掌声鼓励 |
[10:52] | Brava! | 太棒了 |
[10:53] | Okay, we’re taking requests. | 大家可以点歌了 |
[10:55] | How about a little “Silent Night”? | 来首”平安夜(寂静的夜晚)”怎么样 |
[10:59] | – Stop that! – Wha…? | – 停 – 什么 |
[11:01] | Those are for the party. | 这是为派对准备的 |
[11:02] | In case you haven’t noticed, I am the party. | 你好像没意识到 我就是派对 |
[11:05] | Yeah, Frasier, didn’t the invitation say 7:00? | 是啊 Frasier 请柬上不是写七点开始吗 |
[11:08] | I hope people knew it was for tonight. | 他们知道是今天吧 |
[11:09] | Stop worrying. They’ll be here. | 别担心了 他们会来的 |
[11:11] | I mean, they’re probably just fashionably late. | 他们肯定是有意要晚点来的 |
[11:12] | I mean, people do love to make | 人们总是爱 |
[11:13] | an entrance, you know. | 弄个闪亮登场什么的 |
[11:14] | A-ha! | 啊哈 |
[11:15] | Daphne, open the floodgates. | Daphne 打开闸门 放进人流吧 |
[11:23] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:24] | Good evening, Dr. Crane. | 晚上好 Crane医生 |
[11:26] | Isn’t Mel with you? | Mel没和你一起来吗 |
[11:27] | Uh, no, she won’t be coming. | 呃 没有 她不来了 |
[11:29] | We broke up. | 我们分手了 |
[11:31] | What? | 什么 |
[11:31] | Yeah, uh, this afternoon. | 是啊 呃 今天下午分的 |
[11:33] | Oh, goodness, I’m so sorry. | 哦 天呐 真遗憾 |
[11:35] | Did you try to call her, Niles? | 你没给她打电话吗 Niles |
[11:36] | Oh, I left a dozen messages. | 噢 我留了一大堆语音信息 |
[11:37] | Aw, Niles, I’m so sorry. | 哦 Niles 真遗憾 |
[11:39] | How long were you guys together? | 你们一起多久了 |
[11:41] | Oh, not that long. | 哦 也不太久 |
[11:42] | Still, I was optimistic. | 不过我还是挺看好这段感情的 |
[11:44] | Well, did you talk about moving in together? | 那你们有准备要同居 |
[11:46] | Made any long-term plans? | 或者做什么长期计划了吗 |
[11:48] | This is really bringing out the lawyer in you, isn’t it? | 分手真是激起了你律师的本质啊 |
[11:52] | The bartender, actually. | 其实是酒保的本质 |
[11:53] | I was just wondering | 我就想看看 |
[11:54] | – how big a drink to make you. – Ah. Big. | – 该给你倒多少酒 – 啊 最大杯 |
[11:57] | Scotch, please. | 苏格兰威士忌 谢谢 |
[11:58] | All right, come on, don’t worry, Niles. | 好的 来吧 别担心 Niles |
[11:59] | We’ll fix you up with somebody. | 我们会帮你留意好对象的 |
[12:01] | Oh, uh, thanks, Donny. | 哦 呃 谢谢 Donny |
[12:03] | I don’t think this is the time | 现在谈这个 |
[12:03] | for me to be meeting someone new. | 有点太早了吧 |
[12:05] | Someone old, then; you know, an old flame… | 那就不找新人 找旧情人什么的 |
[12:07] | an ex-girlfriend, | 前女友 |
[12:08] | someone who got away, huh? | 或失之交臂的 嗯 |
[12:10] | Now, come on, Niles, | 想想 Niles |
[12:12] | there must have been somebody | 在遇见Mel之前 |
[12:13] | you had your eye on before Mel. | 你肯定有过喜欢的人 |
[12:15] | Donny, please! | Donny 别说了 |
[12:16] | Can’t you see you’re making him uncomfortable? | 没看见你让他觉得尴尬了嘛 |
[12:18] | What? I was just trying to help. | 怎么了 我就是想帮忙啊 |
[12:20] | Honey? | 宝贝儿 |
[12:21] | See, Niles, it’s not us, it’s the holidays. | 看吧 Niles 不是我们的问题 是节日的事 |
[12:22] | It makes women crazy. | 女人一过节就犯病 |
[12:35] | Ha-ha! Hello, everyone! | 哈哈 大家好啊 |
[12:37] | Come in! Come in! | 快请进 快请进 |
[12:39] | Oh, yes, that’s very nice. | 是啊 太好了 |
[12:40] | Ladies first. All right, now, no crowding, no pushing. | 女生优先 好了 来吧 别推别挤 |
[12:48] | Where are they going? | 他们要去哪 |
[12:49] | I’ve got bad news for you. | 我有一个坏消息 |
[12:51] | That feud you were having with the guy upstairs? | 跟你有恩怨的楼上的哥们 |
[12:53] | It isn’t over. | 他不想讲和 |
[12:54] | He’s having his own party. | 他也开派对呢 |
[12:55] | Damn him! | 他妹的 |
[12:58] | He’s siphoning off my guests. | 他把我的客人抢走了 |
[13:00] | You know, you won’t believe this. | 真不敢相信 |
[13:02] | That dreadful Cam Winston is having a competing party! | 那个可恶的Cam Winston在开派对跟我竞争呢 |
[13:05] | Oh,that’s what that was. | 哦 是这么回事啊 |
[13:06] | I saw a big sign in the lobby: “Winston Party 2000.” | 难怪大厅有个牌子 写着”Winston家派对 2000″ |
[13:09] | Yes. That’s his apartment number. | 是啊 那是他的公寓号码 |
[13:12] | Well, two can play at that game. | 好吧 我就要跟他争一争 |
[13:14] | – Donny? – Yeah? | – Donny – 嗯 |
[13:15] | Do me a favor, will you? | 帮个忙好么 |
[13:17] | Make me one of those signs. | 帮我也做个大牌子 |
[13:18] | See what you can fashion out of these crude implements. | 材料在这儿 你尽情发挥好了 |
[13:20] | Okay, I’ll try. | 好吧 我试试 |
[13:22] | I don’t know if that’s a good idea, Fras. | 我觉得这不是个好主意啊 Fras |
[13:24] | – Why? – Well, “Winston Party 2000” | – 为什么 – “Winston家派对 2000” |
[13:26] | sounds like the party of the future. | 听着像个炫酷的未来派对 |
[13:28] | “Crane Party 1901″… | “Crane家派对 1901” |
[13:32] | sounds like… | 就像 |
[13:33] | well, this. | 这样 |
[13:35] | I wouldn’t worry about it, Frasier. | 我觉得不用担心 Frasier |
[13:37] | You always throw a good party. | 你办派对可是把好手 |
[13:39] | This place will be hopping in no time. | 一会儿这屋里就会挤满人的 |
[13:41] | Thanks, Roz. | 谢谢 Roz |
[13:42] | Hey, Connie, it’s a morgue here. | 喂 Connie 这儿简直像个太平间 |
[13:46] | Is the party at the station still happening? | 台里的派对还没结束吧 |
[13:49] | Great. I’ll be there as soon as I can. | 太好了 我尽快赶回去 |
[13:52] | Oh, hey, Daphne. | 哦 嗨 Daphne |
[13:53] | You’re not going to believe this. | 你猜怎么的 |
[13:55] | Dr. Crane broke up with Mel. | Crane医生跟Mel分手了 |
[13:57] | Oh, yeah, I know. I heard. | 哦 是啊 我知道 我听说了 |
[13:59] | Is there anything you don’t know before I do? | 你怎么什么都知道 |
[14:02] | I overheard them at the office Christmas party. | 我在台里办的圣诞派对上听到他们的对话了 |
[14:04] | Really? What happened? | 是吗 怎么回事 |
[14:05] | Well, okay… don’t freak out. | 呃 好吧 别激动 |
[14:08] | Mel accused Niles | Mel说Niles |
[14:09] | of still being in love with someone else. | 还爱着别人 |
[14:11] | Oh, my God, that’s me! I’m “Someone.” | 哦 天呐 那是我啊 我就是”别人” |
[14:14] | I said not to freak out. | 我说了 别激动嘛 |
[14:15] | But what if he says something to me? | 他要是跟我表白怎么办 |
[14:17] | Just let him down gently. | 你就委婉地拒绝他吧 |
[14:18] | Oh, it never works out that easily. | 哦 可没那么简单的 |
[14:20] | You know what happens when you say no to a guy. | 你也清楚拒绝一个男人之后会怎样 |
[14:22] | Yeah. Sure. | 是啊 当然了 |
[14:26] | It just gets messy after that. | 之后总会很尴尬 |
[14:28] | You say you’ll be friends, but you never are. | 你们说会继续做朋友 但是根本做不成了 |
[14:30] | It ruins everything. | 这会毁了一切的 |
[14:32] | He’s not going to say anything tonight. | 他今晚不会表白的 |
[14:34] | As long as Donny’s here, you’re totally safe. | 只要Donny在这 你肯定是安全的 |
[14:36] | Let’s find a prominent place to put this… | 我们得找个显眼的地方挂它 |
[14:38] | preferably right on top of Winston’s sign. | 最好挂在Winston牌子的上面 |
[14:42] | Oh, go easy there, Niles. | 哦 慢点喝 Niles |
[14:44] | Oh, haven’t you given me enough advice for one day? | 哦 你今天给的意见还不够多吗 |
[14:46] | My canapes! | 我的开胃小菜 |
[14:48] | You know, Niles, you look like you need cheering up. | Niles 我来让你开心一下吧 |
[14:51] | Oh! Oh, no! Oh, no! | 哦 不 哦 不用了 |
[14:52] | Oh, darn, I’m sorry. | 天呐 真抱歉 |
[14:54] | Daphne’s present. | 这是给Daphne的礼物 |
[14:56] | Did it break? | 碎了吗 |
[15:00] | Well, we won’t know till she opens it. | 等她打开的时候我们就知道了 |
[15:04] | I’m sorry… but, hey, look. | 真抱歉 不过 没事儿 |
[15:06] | You don’t need this one for Mel, do you? | 你不用给Mel礼物了 对吧 |
[15:09] | – Well, I guess not. – Oh, okay, well, here. | – 是啊 估计不用了 – 好的 来 |
[15:11] | Switch that in there for this right here. | 把两个卡片一换 |
[15:14] | Problem solved. | 问题不就解决了 |
[15:15] | All right, now, you two, | 好了 你们俩 |
[15:16] | I don’t want everyone congregating in the kitchen. | 不要躲在厨房里窃窃私语了 |
[15:18] | Now, go out and mingle! | 快出来跟大家一起High |
[15:22] | Niles! Martin! I didn’t see you come in. | Niles Martin 你们也来啦 |
[15:25] | Roz Daphne Roz! Daphne! | |
[15:27] | Well, I didn’t want to give these out in front of all the guests, | 我本不想 当着所有客人的面送礼的 |
[15:31] | but since there aren’t any… here you go. | 但是既然根本没客人 给 |
[15:33] | Roz, that’s for you, | Roz 这是给你的 |
[15:35] | and, uh, Daphne, here. | 呃 Daphne 给你 |
[15:36] | Uh… Merry Christmas. | 呃 圣诞快乐 |
[15:37] | Oh, Merry Christmas. Thank you, Dr. Crane. | 哦 圣诞快乐 谢谢你 Crane医生 |
[15:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:40] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[15:43] | Hello? | 喂 |
[15:45] | Oh, no. It’s jewelry. | 哦 不 这是珠宝 |
[15:48] | Oh, no. It’s a book. | 哦 不 这是本书 |
[15:53] | My God, there must be 100 people up there. | 天呐 楼上肯定得有100人 |
[15:56] | Well, I’ll just show you what you’re missing! | 好吧 我就让你们看看自己错过了什么 |
[15:58] | Savory lamb tenders! | 美味的烤嫩羊肉 |
[16:02] | Pesto-filled mushroom caps! | 香葱沙司夹心蘑菇盖 |
[16:05] | Smell ’em and weep! | 闻闻这香味 哭泣吧 |
[16:07] | Come on, come on, Frasier. Maybe we ought to walk you back inside. | 好了好了 Frasier 我带你回屋吧 |
[16:11] | Oh, Dad… | 哦 老爸 |
[16:13] | There you go. | 走吧 |
[16:14] | Yes. Yes, darling, that’s wonderful. | 好的 好的 亲爱的 太好了 |
[16:16] | I’ll see you soon. | 一会见 |
[16:18] | That was Mel. | 是Mel打来的 |
[16:19] | And? | 然后呢 |
[16:21] | I managed to explain about Yoshi. | 我到底跟她解释清楚了Yoshi的事 |
[16:22] | She’s on her way over. | 她这就来了 |
[16:23] | – Oh, thank God. – I know. | – 哦 谢天谢地 – 我就知道 |
[16:25] | Another guest! | 又来了个客人 |
[16:28] | It’s also wonderful for you, Niles congratulations. | 我也很为你高兴 Niles 恭喜 |
[16:30] | Well, there is one minor detail to be ironed out. | 不过 还有件小事得摆平 |
[16:33] | – Yes? – I also got a message from Maris | – 怎么了 – 我也收到了Maris的留言 |
[16:34] | saying she wants to see me again. | 她说还想见我 |
[16:35] | I think she may have mistaken last night’s sympathy for affection. | 她也许把昨晚 我对她的同情当做爱情了 |
[16:40] | Oh, my. Well, Niles, if you want my advice… | 哦 天呐 Niles 要是让我说的话 |
[16:42] | Oh, you know, you really need to stop saying that. | 有没有搞错 你真别再给意见了 |
[16:45] | You’ve got to make your feelings clear to her, and the sooner, the better. | 你得和她说清楚 越快越好 |
[16:48] | I mean, there’s very little point | 你这样拖着 |
[16:49] | – in letting it drag on like this. – You’re right. | – 一点意义都没有 – 你说得对 |
[16:51] | I’ll speak to her tonight. | 我今晚就和她说 |
[16:53] | At the moment, I just want to patch things up with Mel. | 现在 我不想别的 就想跟Mel和好 |
[16:56] | Uh-huh. Well, you know, | 呃 好吧 你给她 |
[16:57] | those antique earrings you bought her should go a long way toward that. | 买的古董耳环应该能让她回心转意 |
[16:59] | Oh… | 哦 |
[17:00] | I gave them to Daphne. | 我把它们给Daphne了 |
[17:02] | You did what? | 你怎么回事 |
[17:03] | Daphne’s gift broke, and… | 给Daphne的礼物碎了 |
[17:05] | I didn’t think Mel was coming. | 我没想到Mel要来 |
[17:07] | Dad suggested I switch the gift cards. | 老爸让我换一下卡片 |
[17:08] | Oh, for God’s sake, Dad and his meddling. | 哦 天呐 老爸就会瞎掺和 |
[17:11] | Well, if you want my advice… | 好吧 要是让我说的话 |
[17:15] | …you know where to find me. | 需要我的时候再说吧 |
[17:19] | – Roz! – What? | – Roz – 干嘛 |
[17:21] | – You can’t go. – Why not? | – 你不能走 – 为什么 |
[17:22] | Daphne, I’m sorry to interrupt. | Daphne 抱歉打扰一下 |
[17:25] | Uh, I need to speak with you. | 呃 我有话和你说 |
[17:26] | It’s a private matter. Uh… | 挺私人的一件事 呃 |
[17:28] | Would you join me on the balcony for a moment? | 你能跟我去阳台吗 |
[17:31] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:35] | Whoa, he’s going to tell you. | 哇 他要和你表白了 |
[17:37] | Oh,no.Not tonight. Not while Donny’s here.Roz | 哦 不会的 今晚不会说的 Donny还在这呢 Roz |
[17:41] | Okay, so I was wrong. | 好吧 我错了 |
[17:43] | Boy, this is rough. | 天呐 真够呛 |
[17:45] | What are you going to do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[17:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:49] | I guess I won’t give him the chance. | 我就 不给他机会表白 |
[17:51] | I’ll speak first. I’ll just be direct. | 我要先开口 直接了当地告诉他 |
[17:53] | I’ll… I’ll tell him I know how he feels about me | 我就说 我知道他对我的感情了 |
[17:56] | but I don’t feel that way about him. | 但是我不爱他 |
[17:58] | I love Donny, and… | 我爱Donny 然后 |
[18:00] | nothing’s going to happen between us. | 我们还是做朋友比较好 |
[18:02] | Good… | 好 |
[18:03] | luck. | 运 |
[18:09] | – Hi. – Daphne, uh… | – 嗨 – Daphne 呃 |
[18:11] | I wish there were an easier way to say this. | 我真的很难开口 |
[18:13] | – I .. – Wait. | – 我 – 等等 |
[18:15] | I have something that I’d like to say first. | 我想先说几句话 |
[18:18] | Dr. Crane, I have to tell you that… | Crane医生 我得告诉你 |
[18:22] | Oh, Daphne, I am so sorry. | 哦 Daphne 真是抱歉 |
[18:25] | What am I thinking? | 我想什么呢 |
[18:26] | – Here. – Oh. | – 给 – 噢 |
[18:28] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:32] | Anyway, Dr. Crane… | 总之 Crane医生 |
[18:35] | I know that… | 我知道了 |
[18:39] | Yes? | 什么 |
[18:41] | I’m sorry. I… | 抱歉 我 |
[18:45] | Look, uh, why don’t I start. Uh… | 呃 要不我先说吧 呃 |
[18:47] | No, Dr. Crane. | 不 Crane医生 |
[18:48] | No, no, I really need to say this. | 不 不 我必须得说 |
[18:49] | I can’t wait any longer. Daphne… | 不能再等了 Daphne |
[18:51] | – Yes? – Uh… | – 嗯 – 呃 |
[18:53] | This is so difficult for me. | 这真的很难说出口 |
[18:55] | Yes? | 什么 |
[18:58] | I need my Christmas present back. | 我得要回给你的圣诞礼物 |
[19:01] | You what? | 你 什么 |
[19:04] | People will go almost anywhere | 有免费的吃的喝的 |
[19:08] | for free food and booze. | 怎么还会吸引不了人来呢 |
[19:11] | Am I really so insufferable? | 难道我就这么让人无法忍受嘛 |
[19:14] | I could call the station | 我可以给台里打电话 |
[19:15] | and see if people want to come over. | 看看大家愿不愿意过来 |
[19:16] | Oh, yes, Roz, let’s call in the second-string guests. | 哦 好啊 Roz 召来二流候补客人吧 |
[19:19] | Let’s fill my home with a bunch of angry, snubbed coworkers. | 让愤怒的同事们谴责我吧 |
[19:25] | You think they’d come? | 你觉得他们会来吗 |
[19:28] | Ah! Hey-hey! | 啊 嗨 |
[19:29] | Hi! Merry Christmas! | 嗨 圣诞快乐 |
[19:31] | See? Fashionably late! Hello, everyone! | 看到了吧 就是有意迟到的 大家好 |
[19:34] | Come in! Merry Christmas! | 快请进 圣诞快乐 |
[19:35] | Help yourself to some drinks. | 自己拿酒喝吧 |
[19:37] | Okay, Marty, | 好吧 Marty |
[19:38] | how’d you get these people down here? | 你从哪弄到这些人的 |
[19:40] | Oh, I just called an old buddy in the fire department | 哦 我就给消防部的一个老哥们打了个电话 |
[19:41] | and told them that that many people | 告诉他们楼上那么多人 |
[19:42] | in one place had to be a code violation. | 肯定违反规定了 |
[19:44] | Oh, that is smart, but aren’t there going to be | 哦 真机智啊 不过 |
[19:46] | the same number of people down here? | 这里不是也要超人数了吗 |
[19:47] | All right, everyone, | 好了 大家 |
[19:48] | we’ll start by singing some carols, | 我们先唱几首圣诞歌开场 |
[19:50] | and then we’ll choose up teams for the Minister’s Cat. | 然后大家随机分组来玩”首相的猫” |
[19:52] | I don’t think that’s going to be a problem. | 我觉得没问题 |
[19:57] | I feel terrible about this, | 我真的觉得很抱歉 |
[19:59] | and-and, of course, I’ll-I’ll replace the gift. | 当 当然 我会再送你一份礼物的 |
[20:01] | Oh, that’s all right. | 哦 没关系的 |
[20:03] | Well, I won’t be needing this anymore. | 衣服还给你吧 |
[20:07] | Right. Oh, Daphne, Daphne, Daphne… | 好吧 哦 Daphne Daphne |
[20:10] | you never finished what you were going to say. | 你还没说完你刚才的话呢 |
[20:12] | Oh, well… it was about the gift. | 哦 其实 就是礼物的事 |
[20:17] | Well, I could see from the box | 我看盒子就知道 |
[20:18] | that you got me jewelry from Beadie & Sons, | 你送了我比蒂珠宝世家的首饰 |
[20:20] | and I didn’t get you anything nearly as grand. | 但我送你的礼物可没这么贵重 |
[20:24] | Well… doesn’t matter now. | 不过 现在无所谓啦 |
[20:28] | Oh. Mel… | 哦 Mel |
[20:29] | She’s here. | 她来了 |
[20:30] | Yes, uh… excuse me. | 是啊 呃 抱歉 |
[20:37] | I’m so glad you came. | 真高兴你来了 |
[20:40] | Uh… | 呃 |
[20:42] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[20:44] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[20:47] | So, how’d it go? Did you tell him? | 怎么样 你跟他说了么 |
[20:50] | I never got the chance. He went first. | 没机会说 他先说的 |
[20:53] | It turns out he’d just given me the wrong gift | 原来他只是给错礼物了 |
[20:54] | and wanted it back. | 想把礼物要回去 |
[20:55] | You’re kidding. | 不是吧 |
[20:56] | You must be so relieved. | 那你一定松了口气 |
[20:58] | Oh, I’ll say. | 哦 是啊 |
[21:00] | I’ve never been so relieved in my life. | 我现在是如释重负啊 |
[21:01] | All right, everyone, we’ll start with an easy one. | 好了 各位 我们从一首简单的开始 |
[21:06] | *Deck the halls with bows of holly, Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la,* | *我们用冬青枝装饰厅堂 发啦啦啦啦啦 啦啦啦* |
[21:11] | *Tis’ the season to be jolly, Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la,* | *这是快乐的季节 发啦啦啦啦啦 啦啦啦* |
[21:16] | *Don we now our gay apparel, Fa-la-la-la-la-la, la-la-la.* | *我们都很快乐 发啦啦啦啦啦 啦啦啦* |