时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Oh, hey, Frasier. | Frasier 你好啊 |
[00:09] | Oh, hello, Roz. | Roz 你好啊 |
[00:11] | Happy New Year. | 新年快乐 |
[00:13] | Or should I say, happy new millennium. | 准确点 千禧年快乐 |
[00:15] | Oh, barf. I’m so sick of talking about it. | 又来 这几天说得我都烦了 |
[00:18] | Oh, now, Roz, let’s not condemn the new millennium | Roz 不要因为你宿醉了 |
[00:20] | just because you woke up in it with a hangover. | 就怪千禧年的不是啊 |
[00:24] | That’s what ruined church for you. | 这才是毁了你礼拜的原因 |
[00:26] | Decaf latte, please. | 麻烦来杯无咖啡因拿铁 |
[00:28] | I just hate how this arbitrary point | 我就是看不惯日历上随便一天 |
[00:30] | on the calendar has become so significant. | 竟然变得这么重要 |
[00:32] | And as far my hangover went, | 至于那场宿醉 |
[00:34] | it was worth it. | 真是太值得了 |
[00:35] | I partied my ass off like a brain-damaged test monkey. | 我像个脑子烧坏的实验猴一样参加派对 |
[00:41] | I see. | 明白了 |
[00:41] | Well, allow me to congratulate you on your first science-related metaphor. | 那我要祝贺你第一次用了与科学相关的比喻 |
[00:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:46] | And what did you do? | 你做什么了啊 |
[00:47] | Get all freaky and finish your list of the century’s greatest thinkers? | 完成了本世纪最伟大思想家的清单吗 |
[00:50] | No, but my new year’s was plenty exciting enough, thank you very much. | 不是 我的新年夜过得很充实 谢谢关心 |
[00:54] | Although… not exactly in a way I’d planned. | 虽然 不完全是我计划的那样 |
[00:59] | Cancel the millennium. | 千禧年别庆祝了吧 |
[01:00] | Chez Henri has burned down! | 亨利餐馆都烧没了 |
[01:02] | Burned down? | 烧没了 |
[01:04] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[01:05] | Apparently, Henri was caramelizing | Henri本想给奶油布丁浇上 |
[01:07] | a huge creme brulee in the shape of Puget Sound, | 皮吉特湾形状的焦糖 |
[01:12] | when a sugar spark ignited a 30-foot papier mache space needle. | 焦糖溅出来 点燃了一个30英尺的太空针纸模型 |
[01:17] | They’re already calling it | 这件事被称为 |
[01:18] | the worst centerpiece disaster in the history of Seattle. | 西雅图装饰史上最大的灾难 |
[01:22] | Henri built his reputation with that caramelizing torch. | Henri可是凭焦糖喷枪打出的名声啊 |
[01:26] | My God. The irony of him burning down his own restaurant with it. | 天啊 同样也烧毁了自己的餐馆 多讽刺啊 |
[01:31] | It’s worthy of “Oh! Henry.” | 这真是欧亨利糖果的代价啊 |
[01:33] | O. Henri. | 应该是欧昂利 |
[01:36] | Please, Niles, it’s too soon to joke. | Niles 现在不适合调侃吧 |
[01:39] | What exactly are we going to do tomorrow night? | 那明晚到底该做什么呢 |
[01:42] | Every restaurant in town worth going to has been booked for months. | 所有能去的饭店几个月前都订满了 |
[01:44] | Well, you know, you can join me and the boys at McGinty’s. | 你们可以和我一起去麦金蒂酒吧啊 |
[01:47] | It’s going to be a lot of fun. They’re going to dye the beer green. | 很有意思的啊 他们会把啤酒染成绿色呢 |
[01:51] | Why would you do that on New Year’s Eve? | 新年为什么要做这个啊 |
[01:53] | Oh, well, McGinty’s going in for a bypass next month, | McGinty下个月要去做搭桥手术 |
[01:55] | and he’s afraid he might not make it out for St. Patty’s Day. | 他担心圣帕特里克日还好不了 |
[02:00] | This is a disaster. | 太糟糕了 |
[02:01] | No, they’ll just pop in another pig valve. | 没事儿 再装个猪的瓣膜就好 |
[02:04] | You know, the only reason he needs it is ’cause he eats so much bacon. | 他就是吃太多培根才得做这个手术的 |
[02:07] | So the same thing that’s killing him is keeping him alive. | 所以这个东西既在杀他 又在保他的命 |
[02:11] | There’s your O. Henry story. | 又回到你们O Henry的故事了 |
[02:15] | Well, maybe we can just stay in tomorrow night. | 干脆明晚就呆家里得了 |
[02:17] | On the most significant New Year’s Eve of our lifetime? | 人生中最重要的新年夜就呆家里吗 |
[02:20] | I think not. | 不是吧 |
[02:21] | I should have just gone with Mel. | 真该和Mel一起走了 |
[02:23] | She and her mother are taking a hot air balloon through the wine country. | 她和她妈准备坐着热气球飞越酒乡 |
[02:28] | Well, not in the balloon, no, | 我当然不坐热气球 |
[02:30] | but I could’ve followed along in the recovery vehicle. | 但我可以在抢修车里跟着啊 |
[02:35] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[02:37] | Speaking of wine, wasn’t the wine club having some sort of a party? | 说到酒 红酒俱乐部不是有派对吗 |
[02:41] | Yes, at Ken Lauterbach’s place in Sun Valley. | 是啊 在阳谷的Ken Lauterbach家 |
[02:43] | Oh, it’s a huge event. | 很是盛大呢 |
[02:44] | Of course! “Auld Lang Wine”! | 当然啊 红酒万岁 |
[02:47] | Niles, call and see if we’re still invited. | Niles 打电话问问还能不能去 |
[02:48] | All right, I’m on it. | 好吧 就打 |
[02:51] | Bloody hell. | 该死 |
[02:53] | Five days after Christmas is over, and I’m still getting these cards. | 圣诞节都过去5天了 这些贺卡还不停地来 |
[02:57] | They do it on purpose, you know. | 肯定是故意的 知道吗 |
[02:58] | It’s always from someone you forgot, | 一般都从某个被你遗忘的人那寄过来 |
[03:00] | and then it’s too late to send one back. | 你又来不及回寄一封 |
[03:01] | Then they sneer at you for the rest of the year. | 这些贺卡会嘲笑你一整年 |
[03:04] | “Peace and goodwill,” My ass. | 和善与亲切个屁啊 |
[03:08] | You just lost yourself a customer, | 我再也不会去你那儿了 |
[03:09] | Dr. Naran S. Gupta, D.D.S. | Naran S Gupta牙外科医生 |
[03:12] | Losing a set of English teeth. He’ll feel that. | 失去了两排英国牙齿 他会感觉到的 |
[03:17] | This is for you from the D.M.V. | 这是给你的 你兽医朋友的 |
[03:19] | Oh-ho! I know what this is, | 我知道这是啥 |
[03:21] | The custom plates I ordered for my Winnebago. | 这是为我房车专门订制的车牌 |
[03:26] | Well, 50 bucks, but I think it says it all. | 50刀 不过物有所值啊 |
[03:31] | Rrrd? | 热的 |
[03:34] | Wrr…er? | 我热 |
[03:37] | Rid… worry…er? | 摆脱烦恼 |
[03:40] | Red wearer | 赤色盔甲 |
[03:41] | Oh, for God’s sake, “Road Warrior.” | 拜托 马路战士 |
[03:45] | Of course. | 当然 |
[03:46] | For a retired man with a cane and a Winnebago. | 这名字真适合拄拐又有辆房车的退休老头 |
[03:48] | I don’t know why my mind didn’t go straight to it. | 真不知道我为什么没转过来 |
[03:53] | Hello, Daphne. | Daphne 你好 |
[03:54] | Ken says he’d love to have us come, and the more, the merrier. | Ken说很愿意我们参加 人越多越好 |
[03:57] | Oh, Niles, that’s brilliant. | Niles 太好了 |
[03:58] | Dad, please, please, won’t you join us? | 老爸 来吧 你不想加入我们吗 |
[04:00] | You know what? Say, let’s call the travel agent. | 不如马上给旅行社打电话吧 |
[04:01] | Not to rain on your parade, | 不想扫你们兴哈 |
[04:02] | but you may have a tough time getting flights this late. | 这么晚只怕你们订不到机票了 |
[04:05] | Donny and I had a devil of a time getting our flight to San Francisco. | 为了订去旧金山的机票 Donny和我差点没折磨死 |
[04:08] | Oh, Daphne, they always set aside a few | Daphne 他们通常都会为西雅图至尊旅客 |
[04:11] | choice seats for Seattle’s travel elite. | 预留一些精选座位的 |
[04:20] | Pick a lane, Road Warrior! | 别乱变道 马路战士 |
[04:22] | See? He got it. | 看见没 他懂了 |
[04:24] | Hey! | 你好 |
[04:30] | Ah, being on the road like this is like | 在这种路上开车就好像是 |
[04:33] | we’re three dusty hoboes | 三个无家可归的流浪汉 |
[04:35] | sharing a boxcar to parts unknown. | 分享一个货车车厢 开到未知的地方 |
[04:40] | Yes, well, if you don’t take this next turn, we’ll end up in Californy. | 对啊 如果下个弯再不转 我们就只能去加州了 |
[04:46] | Gee, Niles, you seem a little cranky. | 天 Niles 你有点烦躁啊 |
[04:48] | Well, perhaps that’s because I was rousted | 或许是因为天刚亮 |
[04:49] | out of a warm bed at the crack of dawn | 就被从温暖的床上叫起来 |
[04:51] | and herded onto a Winnebago! | 拉着上了这房车 |
[04:55] | Better safe than sorry, Niles. | Niles 安全总比后悔好 |
[04:57] | You know, it’s 650 miles to Sun Valley, | 这儿离阳谷有650英里呢 |
[04:59] | and half of that’s through the mountains. | 有一半的路程还是隧道 |
[05:02] | By the way, how are we going to explain to the wine club | 对了 我们开房车去 |
[05:05] | our arriving in a Winnebago? | 这怎么跟红酒俱乐部交代啊 |
[05:07] | Just chalk it off to whimsy, Niles. | 就说是一时兴起好了 Niles |
[05:09] | We’ll call it our “Van Ordinaire.” | 就说这是”平民房车” |
[05:14] | You know, besides, I’m actually enjoying | 我还挺享受 |
[05:15] | this little trip through the heartland. | 这趟中心地带小旅程的 |
[05:18] | I feel a little bit out of touch with the common man. | 我一直觉得很少和普通人接触 |
[05:19] | It’s nice to reconnect. | 能再接触也挺好的 |
[05:23] | Well, while you’re reconnecting, why don’t you let me drive? | 既然你要重新接触 不如让我开吧 |
[05:28] | I-I would, Niles. | 我 我可以啊 Niles |
[05:29] | It’s just that, um… | 只是 呃 |
[05:31] | I ne… I need you to navigate. | 我需 需要你指路啊 |
[05:32] | Yeah, you’re the most important member of our crew, good buddy. | 你是最重要的一员呢 |
[05:38] | The man with the map. | 拿着地图的男人 |
[05:41] | Stop patronizing me. I want to drive. | 别瞎说 我想开啊 |
[05:42] | Oh, you’re not good with big cars, Niles. | 可你不会开大车啊 Niles |
[05:46] | Remember when I tried to teach you to drive my Le Sabre? | 还记得上次教你开马刀牌汽车吗 |
[05:48] | You kept panicking and pulling on the emergency break. | 你一直惊慌失措 一直拉手刹 |
[05:51] | Well, it’s a good thing I did. | 多亏我拉手刹了 |
[05:53] | Those mailboxes weren’t even slowing me down. | 撞上的邮筒根本没帮助我减速啊 |
[05:57] | Oh, did you see that sign? | 你看到那个标志了吗 |
[05:59] | Little Red Cabin. Remember those diners? | 小红屋 还记得那些餐馆吧 |
[06:02] | Home of the logroller: a flank steak wrapped | 卷饼之家 侧腹牛排在中间 |
[06:05] | around a combination of eggs, cheese and onions. | 配以鸡蛋 奶酪和洋葱 |
[06:09] | You kids used to love eating there. | 你俩以前可喜欢吃了 |
[06:12] | You’d scream out at me, “Dad, pull over! Quick, pull over!” | 你们冲着我大喊大叫”爸 停车 快 停车” |
[06:17] | Actually, Dad, that was after we ate. | 老爸 其实那是我们吃了之后喊的 |
[06:30] | Niles Oh, Niles. | |
[06:32] | Thought you were sleeping. | 还以为你在睡呢 |
[06:37] | I was trying to, but Dad wanted to watch the VCR. | 我是打算睡的 但老爸要我看录像 |
[06:40] | Oh, good Lord. Not Robin and the Seven Hoods again? | 天啊 不会又是<罗宾七侠>吧 |
[06:47] | Worse. | 更糟 |
[06:48] | Yeah, baby. | 宝贝儿 是的 |
[06:49] | Now, that was a shagadelic flick. | 真是个风骚火辣的片儿 |
[06:54] | You know, Dad, if you’re quite done, i think I’ll try to take a nap. | 爸 如果你看完了 我想去睡睡了 |
[06:57] | Oh, behave. | 随你 |
[07:05] | You know, Dad, you do realize that the Austin Powers craze | 老爸 你知道<王牌大贱谍>的狂潮 |
[07:08] | is completely over. | 已经完全过去了吧 |
[07:09] | Well, I’m sorry. Do I bore you? | 抱歉 我惹你烦了吗 |
[07:11] | Or do I make you randy? | 或者让你来兴致了 |
[07:19] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:22] | Yes, Niles. | 是的 Niles |
[07:26] | I’m driving as smoothly as I can. | 我会开得稳稳当当的 |
[07:31] | Any other little driving tips you’d like to give me? | 你还要嘱咐什么吗 |
[07:33] | Why don’t you just come up here and tell me to my face! | 怎么不直接出来当我面说啊 |
[07:37] | Hey, look, another Little Red Cabin sign. | 嘿 看 又有个小红屋标志牌 |
[07:40] | You know, we’re not going to find anything better to eat on this highway. | 我们这一路找不到更好吃的了 |
[07:42] | Oh, let’s not be hasty, Dad. | 千万别急 老爸 |
[07:44] | It’s five miles away. We might run over something before then. | 还有5英里呢 说不定路上就能碰到什么 |
[07:52] | You know, I am so tired, I can barely read this menu. | 我太累了 菜单我都看不清了 |
[07:56] | That’s all right, Niles, you don’t have to read. | 没事 Niles 不用看菜单 |
[07:57] | You can just point to a picture of the food you want. | 你想要哪个 指指图片就行了 |
[08:01] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[08:02] | “A logroller with your choice of cheese”? | 卷饼 芝士任君挑选 |
[08:05] | You can’t have a logroller without American cheese. | 卷饼怎么能不卷芝士呢 |
[08:07] | Apparently, you can’t get anything in this restaurant | 这餐厅里上什么 |
[08:08] | without American cheese… | 都要芝士 |
[08:10] | including the menu. | 连菜单也不例外 |
[08:13] | Niles, if you’re so tired, | Niles 如果你真累了 |
[08:15] | why don’t you go back to the Road Warrior, take a nap? | 不如你回房车上睡一下吧 |
[08:17] | Oh, you know, that’s a good idea. At least it’ll be quiet. | 提议不错 至少没人吵 |
[08:22] | I wonder if you can still get sticky shingles here. | 很好奇你还会一吃这儿就得带状疱疹吗 |
[08:26] | One look at the salad bar says yes. | 看一眼沙拉台 我觉得会的 |
[08:30] | What looks good to you, Fras? | Fras 你觉得哪个好 |
[08:31] | Well, actually, Dad, you know, I think I’ll have a hamburger. | 老爸 我还是来个汉堡包吧 |
[08:39] | Would you order that for me, Dad? | 能帮我点一下吗 |
[08:41] | Yeah. You going someplace? | 可以啊 你要干嘛 |
[08:42] | As a matter of fact, I am. I’m going to take a chance and reacquaint myself | 是的 我想去见个故人 |
[08:47] | with an old friend of mine: | 我的老朋友 |
[08:49] | America. | 那就是美国 |
[08:58] | Hello there. | 你好 |
[09:00] | Could I buy you a cup of coffee? | 能请你喝杯咖啡吗 |
[09:03] | You see, I’m just a wandering city mouse | 我就是个四处闲游的城里人 |
[09:07] | trying to get in touch with America. | 想多认识下美国 |
[09:10] | Now, you, you look like you’d be a farmer. | 看 看起来你像是个农民 |
[09:13] | Oh, I get it. | 我懂了 |
[09:14] | You see a guy in a rural diner wearing shabby clothes, | 你看到穿着简朴 身处农村小馆的人 |
[09:17] | you pin your little label on him. | 你就急着给他贴标签了 |
[09:19] | Well, guess what? I am a farmer, | 你猜怎么着 我就是个农民 |
[09:22] | but I’m also a beautiful, flawed, complicated human being, | 但我也是个完美的 有缺点的 复杂的人类 |
[09:27] | and it’s going to take more than a cup of coffee to get inside here. | 想真正了解我 一杯咖啡肯定是不够的 |
[09:32] | I’ll just go see how my father’s doing. | 我去看看我父亲怎么样了 |
[09:36] | So, how was he? | 他怎么样 |
[09:39] | Beautiful, flawed… | 出色 有缺点 |
[09:41] | unpleasant. | 心情差 |
[09:43] | Well, according to the map, it’s about 300 miles to Sun Valley. | 从地图上看 阳谷还有300英里 |
[09:46] | Oh, that’s delightful, Dad. You know what? | 太棒了 老爸 是吧 |
[09:47] | We’ll get there in plenty of time for the party. | 我们能早早地赶到派对 |
[09:49] | Hey, listen, you know, your brother’s going to be hungry. | 你弟弟会饿的 |
[09:50] | Maybe we should bring him a sandwich. | 或许该给他买个三明治 |
[09:52] | I wouldn’t worry about Niles, Dad. You saw how tired he was. | 老爸 不用担心Niles 你也看到他有多累了 |
[09:54] | Let’s just let him sleep for the rest of the trip. | 剩下旅途就让他睡着吧 |
[09:56] | – You sure? – Oh, sure. | – 真的吗 – 真的 |
[09:57] | It’s the most exciting day of the year, Dad. | 今天是一年中最令人激动的日子 |
[09:59] | For God’s sakes, you know, when Niles wakes up, I guarantee you | 天啊 Niles醒来 我保证 |
[10:02] | the last thing he’d be thinking about is sandwiches. | 他最不想要的就是三明治 |
[10:13] | Oh, my goodness. | 天啊 |
[10:16] | Look what I just found in my pocket. | 看我口袋里有什么 |
[10:18] | The lighter I borrowed from that waitress in the restaurant. | 从餐馆服务员那儿借的打火机 |
[10:21] | I feel terrible. | 太糟糕了 |
[10:22] | Forget it, Mother. We’re not taking it back. | 算啦 孩儿他妈 还不回去了 |
[10:29] | Well, I really think we should just turn around | 我觉得该调头 |
[10:31] | an-and say we’re sorry and return it. | 去道个歉 还了它 |
[10:34] | I think we ought to keep it. | 我觉得就拿着吧 |
[10:36] | Our old one’s nearly out of fuel anyway. | 我们的火机正好快没油了 |
[10:39] | That doesn’t make it right. We’re still criminals in the eyes of the law. | 这不地道啊 依法来看 我们就是罪犯 |
[10:44] | There’s a lot worse criminals than you and me. | 还有很多罪犯比我们严重得多呢 |
[10:47] | Remember that last gun show we went to? | 还记得上次去的枪展吗 |
[10:49] | We must have seen at least three different people swiping boxes of shells. | 我们至少看到三个人成箱地偷弹壳 |
[10:53] | There’s one thing you can say for us : we pay for our ammo. | 你可以理直气壮地说 我们弹药付钱了 |
[11:04] | So, this party tonight– going to be a lot of shagnificent birds? | 今晚的派对会有很多的大银物 |
[11:12] | Dad, I’m begging you. | 老爸 求你了 |
[11:20] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:21] | Niles, will you please stop doing this?! | Niles 别这么闹了行吗 |
[11:26] | I’m getting a little drowsy. | 我有点困了 |
[11:28] | Well, if you’re so tired, just scootch over I’ll take the wheel. | 你要是累了就挪挪位置 我来开 |
[11:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:40] | Yes, yes, hello. I’m being kidnapped. This is an emergency. | 你好 我被绑架了 紧急情况 |
[11:43] | I’m being kidnapped. | 我被绑架了 |
[11:44] | I’m in a stolen Winnebago heading east on I-84. | 我在一辆被偷了的房车里 正在I-84路上往东开 |
[11:48] | I can’t talk any louder. I’m being stolen. | 我不能更大声了 我得悄悄的 |
[11:51] | Yes, yes. Washington plates– R-D-W-R-E-R. | 好的 华盛顿车牌 RDWRER |
[11:57] | Road Warrior. | 马路战士 |
[11:59] | Yes, it does. | 不 它就是 |
[12:01] | It does so. Sound it out. | 就是 你读读 |
[12:04] | Never mind. Oh, for God’s sake, just save me. | 算了 天啊 快来救我 |
[12:07] | Oh, I’m… I’m getting too sleepy. | 我 我太困了 |
[12:10] | I’m going back for a little lie down. | 我要去后面躺会儿 |
[12:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:14] | Oh, wait, Dad, look! | 等等 他爸 看 |
[12:16] | There’s another one of those Little Red Cabins. | 这儿又有一家小红屋 |
[12:17] | Why don’t we just stop and have some supper first? | 不如我们停下吃点晚饭吧 |
[12:19] | ‘Cause I’m tired, and I’m not hungry. | 我困了 而且也不饿 |
[12:23] | Clifford Clifford. | |
[12:25] | Well, I guess a sandwich wouldn’t kill me. | 好吧 吃个三明治也死不了 |
[12:34] | I feel sort of funny even stopping here. | 停这儿我感觉有点奇怪 |
[12:36] | Sort of like returning to the scene of the crime. | 有点像返回作案现场了 |
[12:38] | Mother, let it go. | 他妈 别说了 |
[13:24] | All right, Eddie. | 好了 Eddie |
[13:26] | Let’s go sign nature’s guest book. | 给大自然签个名吧 |
[13:34] | Hello. | 你好 |
[13:35] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[13:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:37] | Niles Niles. | |
[13:38] | Put your fears to rest. I’ve got Dad’s Winnebago back. | 不用担心了 我把老爸的房车夺回来了 |
[13:44] | Niles, what on earth are you talking about? | Niles 你究竟在说什么啊 |
[13:47] | You must have had a nightmare. | 你一定做恶梦了 |
[13:49] | Uh, indeed I have. But it’s over now, | 确实 但一切都结束了 |
[13:51] | and I managed to give the thugs a taste of their own thieving medicine. | 我对那些恶棍以牙还牙了 |
[13:56] | Niles Niles! | |
[13:59] | Niles, where are you calling from?! | Niles 你在哪儿打的电话 |
[14:00] | From behind the wheel of the Road Warrior. | 马路战士上啊 |
[14:05] | And doing a damn fine job driving, I might add. | 还开得非常棒 |
[14:09] | But I’m in the Road Warrior! | 可我现在就在马路战士上啊 |
[14:10] | You got in the wrong car, you idiot! You’ve stolen a Winnebago! | 你上错车了 白痴 你偷了一辆房车啊 |
[14:15] | Oh, don’t be absurd. | 别瞎说啦 |
[14:22] | 世界上 最棒的 奶奶 | |
[14:26] | Oh, my God! | 我的天哪 |
[14:35] | All right, Niles, just keep your head! There’s no need to panic! | 好了好了 Niles 冷静点 没必要慌张 |
[14:38] | This is the police! | 警察 |
[14:41] | Exit your vehicle immediately with your hands above your head. | 马上出来 双手举头顶 |
[15:04] | How’s that turkey club, Dad? | 火鸡堡味道怎么样啊 他爸 |
[15:06] | A little dry. | 有点干 |
[15:20] | Sorry about the misunderstanding. | 抱歉误会了 |
[15:24] | These papers all check out, sir. | 这些证件都没问题 先生 |
[15:25] | Well,if there’s nothing else, we’re in a hurry to get to Sun Valley. | 如果没事了 我们要赶去阳谷了 |
[15:28] | But not too much of a hurry. | 但也不是太急 |
[15:31] | Well, drive safely. | 注意安全 |
[15:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:34] | What a clown. | 真是个菜鸟 |
[15:35] | I can tell you ten things he did wrong right off the bat. | 我一眨眼就能说出10个他做错了的地方 |
[15:38] | Well, at least he was apologetic. | 至少他道歉了 |
[15:39] | Oh, these hick towns will give any bozo a badge. | 这些村里人见谁是个大个儿都给警徽的 |
[15:42] | A goober like that wouldn’t last ten minutes in a real police force… | 他那种傻子真在警局里连10分钟都扛不下 |
[15:49] | …without getting a promotion. | 马上就会被升职的 |
[15:54] | Your license. | 你驾照 |
[16:02] | Hello. | 你好 |
[16:03] | Hello, Frasier. | 好 Frasier |
[16:04] | I’ve managed to solve the problem. I returned the Winnebago. | 我把问题解决了 我归还了房车 |
[16:07] | To where? Where are you? | 在哪儿 你在哪儿 |
[16:09] | Well, I’m in Baker City, Oregon. | 我在俄勒冈州贝克市 |
[16:10] | Baker City?! | 贝克市 |
[16:12] | Shag me rotten. That’s 300 miles! | 我的个大天啊 那有300英里啊 |
[16:16] | Niles, we will never get there | Niles 我们去到你那儿 |
[16:18] | and then back to Sun Valley before midnight. | 就不可能在午夜前赶回阳谷了啊 |
[16:20] | Well, I’m not going to ring in the new year in a Little Red Cabin. | 我才不要在小红屋度过新年 |
[16:24] | All right, all right. Listen. The only way we can ever pull this off | 好好好 听着 唯一的办法就是 |
[16:27] | is if you can catch a ride in this direction. | 你搭个顺风车往我们这边走 |
[16:30] | Hold on. Hold on. | 等等 |
[16:33] | Oh, my gosh. It’s engraved. | 天呐 都刻字了 |
[16:36] | Dad, I’m not going to enjoy the rest of this trip | 他爸 如果不回去还那女人打火机 |
[16:38] | until we return that woman’s lighter. | 接下来路途我也不会好受的 |
[16:40] | Mother, do you expect me to turn around | 他妈 难道你要我调头 |
[16:42] | and drive 150 miles back to that Little Red Cabin? | 开150英里回到那个小红屋吗 |
[16:46] | We are not going. End of discussion. | 我们不回去 别说了 |
[16:51] | Clifford Clifford. | |
[16:56] | Good news. I’m on my way. | 好消息 我在路上了 |
[16:59] | All right, Niles says he can make it back to | 好了 Niles说能回到 |
[17:01] | the restaurant where we first got separated. | 走散的那个餐馆 |
[17:03] | All I have to do now is turn this boat around. | 现在只要调个头了 |
[17:06] | 30 miles to the next exit. | 下个出口还有30英里 |
[17:08] | I can’t wait that long. | 等不了那么久了 |
[17:09] | Well, you can’t do a U-ey on an interstate. | 洲际公路你可不能调头 |
[17:11] | That’s 20th-century talk, Dad. | 那是20世纪的事了 老爸 |
[17:13] | Welcome to the future! | 欢迎来到新世纪 |
[17:27] | God, that felt great! | 天 这感觉太棒了 |
[17:29] | Wow! This is really quite an adventure, isn’t it, Dad? | 太刺激了啊 老爸 |
[17:35] | It is now. | 现在是了 |
[17:37] | Oh, dear God. | 天啊 |
[17:39] | All right, just relax, Frasier. Now, I know cops. | 好了 放松 Frasier 我了解警察 |
[17:42] | Just let me do the talking. We’ll be out of here in two minutes. | 让我来说吧 两分钟就完事了 |
[17:44] | All right, Dad, let’s switch. | 好 老爸 换座位吧 |
[17:54] | Well, look who’s here. | 哇 看这儿是谁 |
[17:57] | You boys know what you did wrong back there? | 你们知道错在哪儿了吗 |
[17:59] | Yeah, yeah, I know. A U-turn. | 是啊 是啊 我知道 调了个头 |
[18:01] | Nope. Called me a goober. | 不 错在叫我傻子 |
[18:17] | Oh, Niles, i’m so sorry we’re late. | Niles 太抱歉了 我们晚了 |
[18:20] | Well, well, not to worry. | 别放心上 |
[18:21] | When you’re here at the crossroads of the world, | 当你在世界的十字路口时 |
[18:24] | you have the human drama to amuse you. | 有很多戏剧化的人供你观察的 |
[18:27] | Well, Happy New Year, boys. | 新年快乐 孩子们 |
[18:28] | Oh, yes, five minutes ago. | 是啊 5分钟前 |
[18:31] | Everyone in the world will have a wonderful story to tell | 每个人都有一个超棒的故事 |
[18:33] | about where they were | 讲述千禧年倒计时他们在哪儿 |
[18:34] | and what they were doing when the millennium dawned. | 在做什么 |
[18:37] | What is our story? | 我们的故事呢 |
[18:39] | Speeding along a lonely highway. | 在高速上孤独飞驰 |
[18:42] | And you here, doing nothing. | 而你在这 啥都没做 |
[18:44] | Well, not exactly nothing. | 也不是啥都没做 |
[18:46] | Big Sandy let me watch the register while she emptied the rat traps. | 老Sandy去处理老鼠夹时让我看收银台了 |
[18:54] | Hey, wait a minute. Where are we? | 等等 我们在哪儿 |
[18:57] | Well, Dad, I’ve never seen a picture | 老爸 我没看到这地方 |
[18:58] | of the official middle of nowhere, but… | 有什么明确的指示牌 但 |
[18:59] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, but the middle of nowhere | 是 是 不知道在哪儿 |
[19:01] | Mountain Time, right? | 但是是山地时间 是吧 |
[19:03] | It’s still only 11:05, Pacific Time. | 太平洋时间才11点5分 |
[19:06] | Which can’t be more than 45 minutes from here. | 我们肯定45分钟就到了 |
[19:07] | Right. We can cross the line and toast in the new year together! | 对 我们能跨时区一起庆祝新年 |
[19:10] | Dad, that’s brilliant! | 老爸 太棒了 |
[19:11] | And there was a delightfu-looking little restaurant just across the border. | 那儿还有一家超漂亮的小饭馆 就在时区线那儿 |
[19:14] | Well, the guidebook said it was pretentious. | 旅游指南说那家太华丽了 |
[19:15] | Perfect! Let’s roll! | 太棒了 走吧 |
[19:19] | We’re running out of time! | 没时间啦 |
[19:20] | Well, I’m doing my best, Frasier, but we seem to be losing power. | 不能再快了 Frasier 车貌似跑不动了 |
[19:24] | What is that noise? | 这是什么声音 |
[19:25] | What’s wrong with the engine? | 引擎有问题吗 |
[19:26] | I didn’t touch the emergency brake. | 我没碰手刹啊 |
[19:29] | When was the last time you put gas in this thing? | 上次加油是什么时候 |
[19:30] | Me? I don’t even know where the thing is | 我 我都不知道 |
[19:32] | – to put the gas into. – Oh, no. | – 油箱在哪儿 – 不会吧 |
[19:35] | I’m sorry, boys. It’s dying. | 抱歉 孩子们 熄火了 |
[19:37] | I’m going to be lucky to get this off the road. | 能靠边就是万幸了 |
[19:40] | I can’t stand this! | 受不了了 |
[19:42] | Have we so offended the millennium gods | 我们哪儿冒犯千禧年之神了吗 |
[19:44] | that they will do anything to ruin this evening? | 他们要一次又一次毁了这个夜晚 |
[19:46] | Burn down our restaurant?! | 饭店被烧平了 |
[19:48] | Hurl vindictive lawmen | 得罪记仇的交警 |
[19:50] | and duplicate Winnebagos in our path to confound us?! | 一辆一模一样的房车来混淆我们 |
[19:54] | Wait, is that a sign? | 等等 那不是标志牌吗 |
[19:55] | Of course it’s a sign! | 当然是标志 |
[19:56] | It’s a sign that we’re cursed! | 是我们被诅咒了的预示 |
[19:58] | No, no, no, it is! It’s a sign! | 不 不 是的 那是个标志 |
[20:00] | We’re entering Pacific Time Zone! | 我们进入太平洋时区了 |
[20:00] | 即将进入 太平洋 时区 | |
[20:02] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[20:03] | We’re here! | 我们到了 |
[20:04] | We made it! We made it, oh! | 我们到了 到了 到了 |
[20:07] | Come on, Eddie. Oh, 30 seconds to spare! | 来 Eddie 还有30秒 |
[20:10] | All right. | 好的 |
[20:11] | We’re rolling! | 我们在后退 |
[20:12] | We’re rolling backwards! Oh, no! | 我们在往回退 不 |
[20:14] | No need to panic, Frasier! | 别紧张 Frasier |
[20:20] | We rolled back into Idaho! | 我们滚回爱达荷州了 |
[20:23] | Follow me! | 跟我来 |
[20:27] | Ten seconds. | 10秒 |
[20:28] | Let’s look alive! | 高兴点 |
[20:30] | Damn this foil. | 该死的锡箔 |
[20:31] | You can do it, Fras. | Fras 你可以的 |
[20:33] | Relax and focus. | 放松 集中注意力 |
[20:34] | 3 2 1 Three, two, one… | |
[20:38] | A-ha! We made it! Happy New Year! | 我们成功了 新年快乐 |
[20:40] | Happy New Year! | 新年快乐 |
[20:42] | There we are. | 来来 |
[20:44] | Well, if you ask me… | 如果你问 |
[20:45] | – Dad. – This beats a dull party. | – 老爸 – 这比无聊的派对好多了 |
[20:47] | Family, and good champagne, and a blanket of stars. | 一家人 一杯好香槟 璀璨的星空 |
[20:52] | Hear, hear! | 干杯 |
[20:58] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[20:59] | I think this calls for a song. | 现在该唱歌了 |
[21:01] | *Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind?* | *怎能忘记旧日朋友 心中能不怀想* |
[21:11] | *Should…* | *旧日* |
[21:16] | *Should auld acquaintance be forgot for auld lang syne?* | *旧日朋友岂能相忘 友谊地久天长* |