时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Rule number one: Always stand in back of the kerb | 规则一 永远要往后站 |
[00:16] | until the bus comes to a complete stop. | 直到公交车完全停下再上前 |
[00:19] | Now take your money and put it right in here. | 现在把钱投到这里 |
[00:21] | Yes, thank you, Roz. | 好啦 我谢你啊 Roz |
[00:22] | But I am not completely lacking in street smarts. | 不过我还不至于缺少基本的生活技能 |
[00:26] | Good day, busman. | 日安 司机先生 |
[00:29] | The northwest corner of Highland and First, please. | 请到高地和第一街区的西北角 谢谢 |
[00:32] | – That’s not a stop. – I know. | – 那儿没站 – 我知道 |
[00:35] | Perhaps if I just shove a little encouragement into this box… | 也许我应该往这里放点小意思 |
[00:39] | Come on. | 快过来 |
[00:40] | Keep your eyes peeled for a seat and hold onto a pole. | 眼睛注意盯着空座 一定要扶好栏杆 |
[00:44] | It doesn’t look very clean, Roz. | Roz 这货看着不太干净啊 |
[00:47] | Well, would you rather wind up on the floor? | 难道你更愿意在地板上躺着 |
[00:50] | Dear God! | 额滴老天爷啊 |
[00:53] | – Francine – Miranda – Francine. – Miranda. | |
[00:55] | Wow, it’s a long time. How are things at The Colonnade? | 哇 好久不见了 柱廊那边现在怎么样了 |
[00:58] | Oh, trust me, you are missed. | 实话实说 我们都特想你 |
[00:59] | Things have gotten so crazy, they actually put me in charge. | 发生了很多事呢 现在我是头儿了 |
[01:02] | Oh, that’s great. You deserve it. | 哦 那多好 你也该晋升了 |
[01:04] | Oh, thank you. How are you doing? | 谢谢 你最近怎么样 |
[01:06] | Which one are you staring at? | 你在盯着哪个 |
[01:08] | I’m not staring. That would be rude. | 我才没盯着谁 多没礼貌 |
[01:11] | – Which one? – The blonde. | – 哪个 – 金发那个 |
[01:14] | Why don’t you go and talk to her? | 你过去和她聊聊呗 |
[01:15] | Please, Roz, come on. The woman’s a perfect stranger. | 别逗了 Roz 我根本不认识她啊 |
[01:18] | Stranger? You know her name, | 不认识 你知道她的名字 |
[01:20] | you know she has a job, you know she’s attractive. | 知道她在哪儿工作 知道她很迷人 |
[01:22] | It’s like an A&E Biography compared to what I usually know going in. | 你简直是拿到了她的个人资料表呐 |
[01:28] | No. Gosh, look at me. I’m soaked through, my hair’s a mess. | 不行 你看我 湿透了 而且头发乱糟糟的 |
[01:32] | Believe me, you could look a lot worse. | 相信我 你现在这样还不算糟 |
[01:37] | After I specifically told people, on the air, not to do that. | 我在节目里还特别提过不要做这种事 |
[01:42] | Look, why don’t you go over and talk to her? | 诶呀 你就过去和她聊聊好了 |
[01:46] | It’s not like you’ll ever see her again if she shoots you down. | 就算她拒绝你又怎样 反正你也不会再见到她了 |
[01:49] | Well, perhaps you’re right. | 呃 说得也对 |
[01:52] | What harm could it do? | 能怎么样呢 |
[01:54] | My goodness, who would’ve thought that such a rare butterfly | 天 谁能想到这铁皮茧里能有 |
[01:59] | could exist in this tin cocoon? | 这么一只绝世的蝴蝶美人 |
[02:03] | Hey, for your information, | 嘿 别露怯了 |
[02:04] | plenty of refined, sophisticated women ride the bus every… | 许多优雅成熟的女人都坐公交 |
[02:08] | Open your eyes, nimrod. That was my stop. | 长点眼 开公交的 我到站了 |
[02:16] | – Good luck. Bye-bye. – All right. | – 祝你好运 再见 – 好 |
[02:22] | Oh. Please, take mine. | 您坐这儿吧 |
[02:25] | Oh, here you go. You better take mine too. | 给 您也可以坐我这儿 |
[02:27] | That way you can spread out. | 正好可以舒展下 |
[02:29] | Well, not that you need to spread out, actually. | 呃 那个 我不是说你需要舒展 |
[02:31] | Well, it’s my first time on a bus. | 那什么 我是第一次坐公交车 |
[02:35] | Excuse me, miss? Um, Miranda. | 借过下 小姐 呃 Miranda |
[02:45] | So, Duke, how’s the weather in Florida? | Duke 佛罗里达的天气怎么样 |
[02:47] | Eighty-two? I sure envy you. | 28度 我简直嫉妒死啦 |
[02:51] | Yeah, it’s nothing but rain here. | 是啊 这边除了雨还是雨 |
[02:53] | Yeah, Channel 4 said it should clear up tomorrow, | 嗯 4频道说明天会晴 |
[02:57] | but the Channel 5 guy said probably not till the weekend. | 可5频道说估计得周末了 |
[03:00] | Yep, then there’s the Weather Channel. | 然后吧 还有个天气频道 |
[03:02] | Early morning guy said it’ll probably break by Saturday. | 早上那哥们说可能周六会晴天 |
[03:05] | But then the midmorning guy said… | 可十点多另一个人又说 |
[03:08] | What do you mean you gotta go? | 什么叫你得走了 |
[03:10] | Shuffleboard? Oh, come on, Duke, get a life. | 要去玩沙壶球 Duke 别荒废人生啊 |
[03:16] | Hey, Niles. I thought you were working. | 嘿 Niles 还以为你在上班呢 |
[03:19] | Well, a patient cancelled, so I thought I’d drop by and see you. | 病人取消了 所以我就想过来看看你 |
[03:24] | Oh, my God. You have no idea how good it feels to say that. | 天呐 你不知道这么说感觉有多好 |
[03:28] | I’m here to see you. | 我过来看你 |
[03:36] | No more flimsy pretences. | 不用那些站不住脚的借口 |
[03:38] | No more making tedious small talk with Dad. | 不用应付老爸 |
[03:40] | Hey, Niles, it’s 82 in Florida. | 嘿 Niles 佛罗里达有28度呢 |
[03:42] | Here to see Daphne, Dad. | 老爸 我是来看Daphne的 |
[03:48] | Well, I better check on the roast in the oven. | 那我还是去看下烤箱里的烤肉吧 |
[03:51] | It’s 375 in there. | 那里可有190度呢 |
[03:54] | All right, no more weather talk. | 好啦 不谈天气了 |
[03:56] | I’m probably just getting a little stir crazy | 我可能就是闷坏了 |
[03:59] | from being cooped up for two weeks. | 毕竟困在家里两个礼拜了 |
[04:01] | But, won’t be too much longer. | 但是 自由不远啦 |
[04:03] | It will all end when the meteor shower on Saturday, | 周六的流星雨之后天就能晴了 |
[04:05] | if you can believe those Channel 7 Doppler guys. | 前提是7频道的那些气象狂人靠得住 |
[04:07] | Ooh! I wonder what they’re up to. | 对了 他们的节目要开始了 |
[04:10] | Remember that meteor shower we had a few years ago? | 还记得几年前那场流星雨吗 |
[04:12] | Oh, please, don’t remind me. | 求你了 别提这茬了好吗 |
[04:15] | I was over here having dinner with Maris. | 我和Maris来这儿吃饭 |
[04:18] | – I will never forget that night. – Neither will I. | – 我永远忘不了那晚 – 我也是 |
[04:20] | I’ve never seen a person cut a caper in half. | 没见过有人把刺山柑切成两半的 |
[04:26] | No, no. I was out on the terrace, | 不 不是 我在外面阳台上 |
[04:28] | witnessing this incredible display. | 目睹了一场视觉盛宴 |
[04:29] | And I was absolutely miserable. | 然后我就郁闷了 |
[04:33] | Now I know it’s because | 现在我知道了 那是因为 |
[04:34] | I would much rather have been sharing that moment with you. | 我当时应该和你在一起分享那一刻 |
[04:39] | Well, I’m here now. | 我现在来了不是吗 |
[04:41] | Why don’t we watch it together this Saturday? | 不如周六我们一起看吧 |
[04:44] | Oh, Daphne, that’s a wonderful idea. | 哦 Daphne 这主意好 |
[04:46] | We’ll re-create the entire moment, right there on the terrace, | 我们可以就在这阳台上 原景重现 |
[04:49] | right down to the last detail. Except we’ll be together. | 重演每个细节 不过这次我们是在一起的 |
[04:53] | And instead of serving ’92 Dom Perignon, we’ll serve the ’90 | 这回不要92年的唐·培里侬香槟 我们要90年的 |
[04:55] | and we’ll right two horrible wrongs. | 这样就可以纠正两个可怕的错误了 |
[05:16] | – Wow. Frasier, what happened? – What happened? | – 喔 Frasier 怎么回事 – 怎么回事 |
[05:21] | I went six months without replacing my pollen filter in my car, | 我半年没换车里的花粉滤器 |
[05:24] | so it was in the shop. | 所以车送去保养了 |
[05:26] | Couldn’t get a cab, so I took the bus home. | 今天打不着车 所以我就坐公交回来 |
[05:29] | Which splashed me. | 结果它溅了我一身水 |
[05:31] | And I fell down, missed my stop, | 接着我摔倒 错过了站 |
[05:33] | and had to walk home ten blocks in this downpour. | 最后不得不在这大雨里走10个街区回来 |
[05:37] | You went six months without changing your pollen filter? | 你半年都没换花粉滤器 |
[05:43] | – Looks like you could use a spot of tea. – Desperately. | – 感觉你需要杯热茶啊 – 急需 |
[05:46] | What will it be, then? I’ve got Earl Grey, English breakfast, | 那你想要什么 伯爵茶 英式红茶 |
[05:49] | chamomile, orange pekoe, oolong, lapsang souchong… | 柑橘 柑桔香红茶 乌龙茶 正山小种红茶 |
[05:52] | Oh, for God’s sake… | 天啊 |
[05:54] | …just throw a bag in some hot water. | 随便扔一个进热水里就成 |
[05:58] | Earl Grey. Uh… | 伯爵茶 |
[06:05] | Hey, Fras, I know it’s not your thing, but Duke sent me a couple of tickets | 嘿 Fras 我知道你不是很喜欢 不过Duke给了我 |
[06:07] | for tomorrow’s Sonics game. | 两张明天超音速队的门票 |
[06:09] | – You wanna go? – I’ve got plans. | – 你去吗 – 我有事 |
[06:11] | – What plans? – Just plans. | – 什么事 – 就是有事 |
[06:12] | – If you don’t wanna go, just tell me. – I don’t wanna go. | – 你不想去就直说 – 我不想去 |
[06:15] | Would it kill you to spend one night with me? | 你偶尔陪我一晚上会死啊 |
[06:17] | God’s sake, I spend every night with you. | 我每天晚上都和你在一起啊 |
[06:19] | God knows I have done my best to keep you entertained, | 天知道我一直都努力让你开心 |
[06:21] | but in the seven years since you’ve landed at my doorstep, | 可你在我家住了都7年了 |
[06:24] | have you ever known me once to show any interest in basketball? | 还不知道我对篮球压根儿没兴趣吗 |
[06:30] | You know I’d go, Dad, but I have the quilt show. | 我是想去的 老爸 但是我那天有拼布展会 |
[06:36] | Please, Niles, I feel bad enough already. | 行了 Niles 我已经够糟心了 |
[06:42] | – Care for sherry, Niles? – Thank you. | – 来点雪莉酒吗 Niles – 要 谢谢 |
[06:46] | Little rough on Dad, weren’t you? | 对老爸有点凶吧 |
[06:48] | Oh, I suppose so. | 嗯 我也觉得过了 |
[06:50] | It’s just been a rotten day. You don’t even know the topper. | 不过我这一天都不顺 你知道最糟的是什么 |
[06:54] | There was an enchanting young woman on the bus. | 公交车上有位迷人的小姐 |
[06:57] | Just when I had worked up enough nerve to go and talk to her, | 我好不容易鼓起勇气过去和她说句话 |
[06:59] | I slipped on something that I can only hope was an old burrito. | 结果滑倒了 希望绊倒我的就是个坏了的玉米饼 |
[07:14] | Before I could manage to get up, she was gone. | 我还没爬起来 她就已经走了 |
[07:17] | Well, I suppose it just wasn’t meant to be. | 我想可能就是没缘分吧 |
[07:21] | Wait a minute. You know… | 等等 知道吗 |
[07:22] | …I did happen to overhear her name and where she works. | 我确实是听到了她的名字和工作的地方 |
[07:25] | Well, then what are you waiting for? Seize the day. | 所以你还在等什么 要把握时机啊 |
[07:28] | Do you think I got together with Daphne by just sitting around? | 你以为我靠坐等就能和Daphne在一起了吗 |
[07:32] | Take a chapter from my book. | 从我的经验中学着点 |
[07:36] | Exactly what chapter would that be, Niles? | 你指的是哪点呢 Niles |
[07:38] | The last chapter. | 最后这点呗 |
[07:41] | Suppose I did go and talk with her. What would I say? | 假设我要过去找她 我能说什么 |
[07:45] | “I spied on you on the bus | 我在公交车上就盯上你了 |
[07:46] | and I’ve managed to hunt you down here where you work. | 成功追踪到你工作的地点 |
[07:48] | Would you care to have dinner sometime?” | 你愿意抽时间和我共进晚餐吗 |
[07:50] | I might as well just lop off my ear and mail it to her. | 我最好砍下只耳朵一道邮寄给她 |
[07:54] | No, just pretend you’re there on business. | 假装你跟她们公司有业务来往不就行了 |
[07:56] | Where does she work? | 她在哪儿上班 |
[07:58] | It’s a retirement home. | 一家养老院 |
[08:01] | Oh! Well, tell her you’re there looking for someplace for Dad. | 哦 那你可以跟她说你想给老爸找个地方 |
[08:04] | In fact, bring him along for cover. | 干脆把老爸带上打掩护 |
[08:08] | No, no. You know how he hates those places. | 不成 你也知道他不喜欢那些地方 |
[08:11] | He’d never agree to it. | 他不可能同意的 |
[08:12] | He doesn’t need to. Just take him to the game tomorrow | 不需要他同意 明天带他去比赛 |
[08:14] | and make an unannounced stop on the way. | 中间停一下就好 |
[08:18] | You’re suggesting that I go crawling back to Dad, | 你是说让我滚去向老爸负荆请罪 |
[08:20] | beg him to let me take him to the basketball game, | 求他让我带他去篮球赛 |
[08:22] | use him to meet a pretty girl, | 利用他来见漂亮姑娘 |
[08:23] | then sit through a sport I loathe? | 然后在球场把观众席坐穿 |
[08:26] | All right, I see your point. | 好吧 我懂你的意思了 |
[08:28] | No, I’m just trying to get the sequence right. | 不 我只是想把时间线弄清楚 |
[08:31] | Oh, Dad… | 亲爱的爸爸 |
[08:36] | You could have told me we were stopping here when we left for the game. | 出门的时候你应该告诉我要在这里停一下啊 |
[08:39] | If you’d known that, you never would have agreed to come. | 那你就不可能同意了 |
[08:40] | Well, you didn’t have to trick me. | 你没必要诓我过来 |
[08:41] | I mean, I would never do anything like that to you. | 我是决不会这么对你的 对吧 |
[08:43] | Seems someone is forgetting sending Niles and me off to a boyscout camp | 看来某人忘了把我和Nile骗到童子军营的事儿了 |
[08:46] | to earn our opera badges. | 说是能得到”歌剧勋章” |
[08:50] | Oh, there she is. | 她在那儿 |
[08:51] | All right, now listen and remember: You’re interested in living here. | 记着啊 你想住进来 |
[08:53] | All right. But I don’t wanna be late for the game. | 成 但是别耽误了我看比赛 |
[08:55] | Excuse me. I’m Frasier Crane. | 打扰了 我是Frasier Crane |
[08:58] | – This is my father, Martin. – Hello. | – 这是我父亲 Martin – 您好 |
[08:59] | We’re interested in finding out a bit more about The Colonnade. | 我们想了解下关于柱廊养老院的信息 |
[09:02] | Is there someone we could talk to? | 您看谁能给我们介绍下 |
[09:04] | Well, I’m the director here. Miranda Rogers. | 哦 我是这里的主管 Miranda Rogers |
[09:06] | Why don’t I get you a couple of brochures? | 我给你拿几个宣传册怎么样 |
[09:08] | And if you like what you see, you can fill out an application. | 如果你觉得喜欢的话 可以填张申请表 |
[09:11] | – Application? – It only takes about 20 minutes. | – 申请表 – 20分钟就能填完 |
[09:13] | – Twenty minutes? – Yes, Dad. Application, 20 minutes. | – 20分钟 – 是的 老爸 申请表 20分钟 |
[09:16] | He likes to repeat things. It’s a soothing mechanism. | 他喜欢重复句子 是他纾解压力的方式 |
[09:19] | Twenty minutes. Twenty minutes. | 20分钟 20分钟 |
[09:24] | You’re very patient with him. I’ll be right back. | 你对他非常有耐心啊 我马上回来 |
[09:27] | You didn’t say I had to put anything in writing. | 你没说我还得填劳什子表格 |
[09:29] | You haven’t even seen her before, have you. | 你之前都没见过她吧 |
[09:30] | – You’re trying to put me here for real. – No, I’m not. | – 你是真想把我扔这儿吧 – 才不是 |
[09:33] | You said you met on the bus. | 你说是在公交车上遇见她的 |
[09:34] | I knew that was full of holes. | 我就知道这故事漏洞百出 |
[09:36] | For God’s sakes, will you just stop? No one’s gonna put you anywhere. | 老天爷啊 你就别瞎想了 没人要把你扔在哪儿 |
[09:39] | You’re damn right they’re not, because I’m not filling out any application! | 没错 因为我是不会填什么破表的 |
[09:41] | Will you hurry up and make your date | 你赶紧搞定她 |
[09:42] | and let’s get off this ice floe? | 然后咱们赶快离开这破冰原行吗 |
[09:45] | You know, I’m starting a tour in a few minutes. | 等我几分钟 然后我可以带你们四处走走 |
[09:47] | It’d be a good way to get your questions answered. | 这样可以充分解答你们的问题 |
[09:49] | – Well, that’s a splendid idea. – A tour? | – 嗯 主意不错 – 四处走走 |
[09:51] | Yes, Dad, a tour. A tour. | 是的 老爸 走走 走走 |
[09:56] | Now come along. | 快来吧 |
[09:59] | As you can see, we’re a full-service facility. | 您可以看到 我们是全方位服务的 |
[10:02] | Will you hurry up and ask her? If we move any slower in this place | 你赶快问她吧 再慢点的话 |
[10:05] | they’re gonna start harvesting our organs. | 他们该开始摘取咱们的器官了 |
[10:06] | All right! It’s kind of difficult with all these people around. | 你有点耐心 周围这么多人呢 |
[10:09] | Well… The game’s already started. | 哎呀 比赛已经开始了 |
[10:11] | Two minutes and I’m calling a cab. | 再给你两分钟 不行我就打车了 |
[10:13] | All right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[10:16] | Hey, I know you. McGinty’s, right? | 嘿 我认识你 麦金蒂酒吧的常客 对吧 |
[10:18] | Yeah. Marty Crane. | 嗯 我是Marty Crane |
[10:20] | – Yeah, Lee Zeplowitz. – Hi, Lee. | – 幸会 我是Lee Zeplowitz – 你好 Lee |
[10:22] | Hey, we can really use a fourth for poker if you’re moving in. | 我们打扑克三缺一 如果你住进来的话就太好了 |
[10:25] | Oh, jeez, no, I’m sorry. I’m just here to do a favour for my son. | 不是的 抱歉 我只是过来帮我儿子个忙 |
[10:29] | We’re on our way over to the ball game. | 我们要去看场球赛 |
[10:31] | Uh-huh. They told me I was going to the Space Needle. | 啊哈 我儿子当时是说要带我去太空针塔 |
[10:39] | – Thanks for the tour. – Oh, you’re welcome. | – 谢谢你带我们参观 – 不用客气 |
[10:42] | If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask. | 如果有什么问题 尽管开口 |
[10:44] | Actually, you know, I do have one more question. | 话说 我还真有个问题 |
[10:48] | Do you think it’d be possible to have dinner sometime? | 你觉得咱们能哪天吃个饭吗 |
[10:50] | Oh, sure. Come by with your father around 5 tomorrow | 当然 明天5点左右带你父亲过来 |
[10:53] | and I’ll set you up at the cafeteria. | 我可以带你们去食堂吃一次 |
[10:55] | I should warn you, tomorrow’s steak night. | 先说下 明天可是牛排之夜 |
[10:57] | So be prepared to throw a few elbows. Ha-ha-ha. | 准备好撸开袖子吧 |
[11:01] | And you just asked me out on a date, didn’t you? | 你只是约我出去 是吧 |
[11:03] | Yes, but that was before I knew it was steak night. | 呃 是 但那时我不知道是牛排之夜 |
[11:08] | Sure. Why not? How about this weekend? | 可以 为什么不呢 这周末怎么样 |
[11:12] | – Well, that’s great. I’ll call you. – Okay. | – 嗯 挺好 我回头给你打电话 – 好的 |
[11:17] | You know, I don’t normally date people I’ve just met, | 我不是常和初次见面的人约会的 |
[11:19] | but you seem like such a nice person. | 但你看起来真的是特好的一个人 |
[11:21] | I can tell by the way you are with your father. | 从你对你父亲的方式就能看出来了 |
[11:23] | Yes, well, we’re very close. | 嗯 是啊 我们关系很好的 |
[11:32] | All right, Dad, I’ve checked. The rain’s letting up a bit. | 好了 老爸 我看了 雨已经小了点了 |
[12:02] | Niles, what are you doing here? | Niles 你来干什么 |
[12:05] | Daphne and I are watching the meteor shower on the terrace. | Daphne和我要在阳台上看流星雨 |
[12:07] | No, you’re not. I have a date. | 不行 我有约会 |
[12:09] | – That’s tonight? – Yes. | – 约在今晚了吗 – 是啊 |
[12:11] | Well, what are we gonna do? | 那我们怎么办 |
[12:13] | I don’t know. Go to the roof. | 不知道 去房顶吧 |
[12:16] | We can’t do that. We’re having a re-creation. | 不行 我们要原景重现 |
[12:19] | You’ll never believe this. Frasier wants to send us to the roof. | 跟你说你都不信 Frasier让咱们去屋顶 |
[12:22] | – What a romantic idea. – Isn’t it? | – 这个想法好浪漫 – 我就这么说嘛 |
[12:27] | Yes, yes, it’s very romantic. Now get your crap and go. | 是 是 多浪漫啊 拿上你的东西赶紧走吧 |
[12:30] | Coming. Coming. | 来了 来了 |
[12:33] | Where’d you put Dad, in storage? | 你把老爸扔哪了 贮藏室 |
[12:34] | I have no idea where Dad is. | 我不知道老爸在哪 |
[12:36] | All I know is he’s not here and you are. | 我只知道他不在这儿而你在 |
[12:38] | – Hello. – Good evening, Miranda. Come in. | – 你好 – 晚上好 Miranda 快请进 |
[12:40] | I’d like to introduce you to my brother, Niles Crane. | 给你介绍下 这是我弟弟Niles Crane |
[12:43] | – Hello. – And this is Daphne Moon. | – 你好 – 这位是Daphne Moon |
[12:45] | – Hi. – His lady friend. | – 你好 – 我弟弟的女友 |
[12:47] | – Oh, I suppose I am. – You are my lady friend. Yes, she is. | – 我想我确实是 – 你是我的女朋友 嗯 是的 |
[12:51] | We’re trying to keep it sort of hush-hush. We’re not really… | 我们想着要悄悄的 并没有 |
[12:53] | I’m sorry, my brother’s not very social, really. | 抱歉 我弟弟很不善社交 真的 |
[12:56] | Here we are. So would you care for some wine? | 好了 想来点红酒吗 |
[12:59] | Oh, I’d love some. Yeah. | 好啊 |
[13:01] | – Oh, you have a beautiful place. – Thank you. | – 你家真漂亮 – 谢谢 |
[13:05] | Something tells me this must be your father’s chair. | 直觉告诉我这是你父亲的椅子 |
[13:08] | Yes, well, you know, I insisted that he bring it with him | 嗯 我一再坚持让他搬过来的时候 |
[13:11] | when he moved in here. | 带着这把椅子 |
[13:13] | I mean, after all, this is his home too. | 我觉得 毕竟这也是他家 |
[13:18] | – How thoughtful of you. – Yes. | – 你真体贴 – 是啊 |
[13:19] | Well, I imagine he’ll be bringing that with him when he moves in. | 我想他搬家的时候也会带着这椅子的 |
[13:24] | Gosh, Miranda, you know, I’ve got to be honest with you. | Miranda 我得对你坦诚相告 |
[13:27] | As much as I like The Colonnade, | 虽然我很喜欢柱廊养老院 |
[13:28] | I’m not sure Dad’s really ready to move in yet. | 但我老爸好像没准备好搬过去呢 |
[13:31] | Well, then, I guess he hasn’t told you. | 是吗 我想他还没告诉你吧 |
[13:34] | Your father filled out an application today. | 你父亲今天已经填好了申请表 |
[13:37] | Application? My father? Today? | 申请表 我父亲 今天 |
[13:41] | Sounds like he’s moving out just in time. | 幸亏他马上就要搬走了 |
[13:42] | You’re picking up that repeating thing. | 你也开始学他重复句子了 |
[13:51] | You know, I’ve been giving a lot of thought | 你知道吗 我想了很久 |
[13:52] | to this idea of a pet name for you. | 究竟给你起什么样的爱称 |
[13:54] | And you’ve decided to give it up? | 然后准备放弃了 |
[13:56] | No, I don’t give up that easily, Woggles. | 我才没那么容易放弃呢 圆扣扣 |
[14:02] | I was kidding. | 开玩笑的啦 |
[14:03] | You’re not really a Woggles. You’re more of a Cuddles. | 其实不是圆扣扣 是小抱抱 |
[14:07] | No, I was kidding again. Someone stop me. | 还是玩笑啦 快来个人拉住我 |
[14:12] | Oh, what have we got in here, then? | 这里放了什么啊 |
[14:14] | Oh. Well, we have the finest champagne and beluga caviar. | 有上好的香槟还有鲟鱼子酱 |
[14:19] | Oh. Broken bits of pottery. | 哦 陶瓷碎片 |
[14:22] | That’s peanut brittle. | 那是花生糖 |
[14:25] | I made it myself so we could have something sweet. Go on, try some. | 我自己做的 想着咱们可以吃点甜的 快试试 |
[14:29] | Well, I hardly need something sweet with you here. | 和你在一起我觉得已经不需要甜品了 |
[14:35] | You are such a dear. Seriously, try some. | 你嘴真甜 不过别打哈哈 试试 |
[14:59] | – Oh. – Is it good? | – 哦 – 好吃吗 |
[15:03] | It’s like little shards of heaven. | 像是天堂的碎片 |
[15:07] | Oh, dear. The wind’s picked up. | 天哪(亲爱的) 起风了 |
[15:09] | Oh, dear. I hope nothing else blows away. | 亲爱的 可别吹跑了什么东西 |
[15:19] | – What happened to the peanut brittle? – It blew away. | – 花生糖呢 – 吹跑了 |
[15:26] | I’ll run and get some books to hold this cloth down. | 我跑下去拿几本书来压着布 |
[15:36] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[15:37] | I moved the block to hold down the blanket. | 我把石块拿走压毯子了 |
[15:40] | Now the door seems to be stuck. | 现在门好像卡住了 |
[15:46] | All right. Daphne, you sit tight. I’ll run and get the super. | 这样 Daphne 你坐好 我去找管理员 |
[15:49] | – I’ll have it open in a minute. – All right. | – 马上就能把它开开 – 好的 |
[15:57] | Daphne, where’s the key to the stairway door? | Daphne 走廊门的钥匙在哪 |
[16:00] | Oh. I’ve got it. | 在我这呢 |
[16:02] | – I’ll slide it under. – Oh, all right. | – 我从底下给你滑过去 – 好的 |
[16:05] | No problem. Take your time. No need to panic | 没关系 慢慢来 没必要害怕 |
[16:09] | Oh, dear. | 天哪 |
[16:11] | There is no under. It’s sealed tight. | 这门下没有缝儿 封得死死的 |
[16:14] | Sealed? All right. Now, Daphne, try and remain calm. | 封了 好吧 Daphne 千万别慌 |
[16:22] | Well, we’ll just have to wait for the night watchman. | 我们等守夜的来就可以了 |
[16:25] | He checks all these doors when he does his rounds in a few hours. | 他几个小时之后巡查会检查所有门的 |
[16:29] | For the last time, Daphne, I told you not to panic. | 最后再说一遍 Daphne 不要惊慌 |
[16:31] | And please don’t make me say it again. I have to conserve oxygen. | 别让我再说了好吗 我这边氧气不多了 |
[16:43] | – Hey, look, Marty. There’s your son. – Yeah. | – 你看 Marty 你儿子来了 – 嗯 |
[16:45] | Nice try. Like I’d take my eyes off you while you’re dealing. | 想得美 我才不会在你发牌的时候把眼睛挪开 |
[16:50] | Dad, can I have a word with you for a second? | 老爸 能聊下吗 |
[16:51] | Oh, Fras, yeah. All right, keep going, guys. I’m in. | Fras 当然了 伙计们继续吧 我跟 |
[16:57] | What happened to your date? | 你不是约会呢吗 |
[16:59] | Well, suffice it to say it didn’t go so well. | 只能说结果不是很好 |
[17:01] | I spent the whole time worried about you. | 我一直在担心你 |
[17:04] | Listen, I came down to apologise. | 听着 我是过来道歉的 |
[17:08] | I’ve been selfish and I’ve neglected you. And I’m sorry. | 我一直很自私而且忽视你 真的很抱歉 |
[17:12] | Oh, well, apology accepted, son. | 呃 没关系啦 |
[17:14] | We’ve both been a little cranky. It’s probably just the rain. | 咱们脾气都不太好 可能就是雨的缘故吧 |
[17:17] | No, Dad, listen, listen. | 不 老爸 听我说 |
[17:18] | I want us to go to games together. I really do. | 我希望咱们可以一起去看比赛 真的 |
[17:20] | And I want us to see movies and go drinking at McGinty’s… | 可以一起去看电影 在麦金蒂喝喝酒 |
[17:24] | Well, that’s great, son. | 挺好的 儿子 |
[17:25] | No, Dad. I’m trying to say something here. | 老爸 我这儿想抒发感情呢 |
[17:28] | I’m not ready for you to leave. | 我没准备好让你离开我 |
[17:32] | I don’t want you to move in here. I’d miss you too much. | 我不想让你搬过来 我会太想你的 |
[17:37] | Please, Dad, come home. Please? | 求你 老爸 回家吧 好吗 |
[17:39] | What the hell are you talking about? I’m not moving in here. | 你说什么呢 我没打算要搬过来啊 |
[17:44] | But Miranda told me you’d filled out an application. | 但是Miranda说你填了申请表 |
[17:46] | That you told her you’d found a new home. | 而且说你给自己找了新家 |
[17:49] | Well, I had to. | 呃 我必须得说啊 |
[17:50] | It’s the only way to stay in the game. It’s for residents only. | 只有这样才能玩牌啊 这儿的牌局只限居住者 |
[17:56] | This was just a ruse so you could continue playing poker? | 这只是你为了玩扑克的计策 |
[18:00] | Well, it’s not just poker. It’s poker with the three worst players I’ve ever seen. | 这不只是扑克 是和三个牌技最烂的人一起玩扑克 |
[18:06] | Hey, Marty, you in? Sid’s got a pair of tens showing. | 嘿 Marty 还跟吗 Sid亮了一对十 |
[18:09] | Look at me, Sid. | 看着我 Sid |
[18:12] | Raise you 20. | 加到20 |
[18:13] | You dream about getting in games like this all your life. | 这种牌局可遇不可求啊 |
[18:16] | But you never think it’s gonna happen. Ha-ha-ha! | 我想了一辈子 没想到居然真成了 |
[18:19] | Dad, Dad, please. | 老爸 老爸 拜托 |
[18:20] | I can’t let you go on taking advantage of these people. | 我不能让你欺负这些好人 |
[18:22] | But I’m not taking advantage of them. I’m giving them an education. | 我这不是欺负 我是在教育他们 |
[18:25] | Consider it an expensive seminar. | 咱就叫它昂贵的研讨会好了 |
[18:27] | Seminar, my eye. | 还研讨会 真是够了 |
[18:29] | Now, you’re gonna give every dime of that money back to those men. | 现在 把你赚的每一分钱都还回去 |
[18:32] | All right. I’ll let them win it back. | 好吧 我让他们都赢回去 |
[18:35] | – Come on, Marty. You in? – All right. Yeah, I’m in. | – Marty 跟吗 – 好 跟 |
[18:38] | Let’s see. Lee’s got a pair of aces. Whoa! | 看看 Lee有一对枪 |
[18:43] | Three tens here. What have I got? | 这有三个十 我有什么呢 |
[18:46] | Four, five, seven… | 四 五 七 |
[18:49] | Well, I’ll just bet it all. | 好了 我都压了 |
[18:53] | Too rich for my blood. | 要不起 |
[18:58] | I’ll leave the light on for you, Dad. | 我晚上给你留灯 老爸 |
[19:04] | How are you holding up? Is that spider still around? | 你怎么样 那蜘蛛还在附近吗 |
[19:10] | I think he’s realised he’s more afraid of me than I am of him. | 我想它最后发现了 其实它更怕我 |
[19:15] | He’s not in his corner. He’s not in his corner. | 它不在那墙角了 不在那墙角了 |
[19:19] | Oh. There he is. Found him. Ha-ha. | 哦 在这呢 找着了 |
[19:25] | Oh, Daphne, you must be starving. Please, don’t wait for me. | Daphne 你一定很饿吧 别等我了 |
[19:29] | You go ahead and eat. | 你先吃吧 |
[19:32] | You’re sure? | 你确定 |
[19:38] | Oh! I just saw one. | 哦 我看见了一个 |
[19:41] | – A spider? – No, a meteor. | – 蜘蛛 – 不 是流星 |
[19:45] | It’s beautiful. It just appeared out of nowhere. | 真美 突然就出来了 |
[19:48] | That’s it. I missed it the last time. | 够了 上回就错过了 |
[19:52] | I’m not gonna let it happen again. | 我不会再这样了 |
[19:53] | Daphne, stand back. This door is coming down. | Daphne 闪开点 门要倒下了 |
[20:02] | Okay, I’m ready. | 好 我准备好了 |
[20:08] | Oh! I just saw another one. Oh, it’s breathtaking. | 又看见一颗 美得摄人心魄 |
[20:13] | It just streaked from one end of the sky to the other. | 从天空的一边划到另一边 |
[20:16] | Oh, Niles, I wish you could see this. | Niles 我希望你也能看见 |
[20:19] | So do I, my love. | 我也是 我的爱 |
[20:23] | What did you just call me? | 你叫我什么 |
[20:25] | Oh, well, it was kind of a place-filler. | 呃 我就先随便一说 |
[20:27] | I didn’t have time to think of a good one. | 还没时间想个好的 |
[20:31] | No, I like it. | 不 我喜欢 |
[20:34] | “My love.” Yeah, it’s nice. | 我的爱 挺好的 |
[20:41] | – Oh! I just saw another one. – What’s it look like? | – 又看见一个 – 是什么样的 |
[20:45] | It’s got a long, glittering tail. | 有个长长的 闪光的尾巴 |
[20:47] | It reminds me of the time my father drove home from the pub | 让我想起了有一次我父亲从酒吧开车回家 |
[20:50] | with a trash can stuck underneath his car. | 车下卡了垃圾桶的样子 |
[20:54] | Sparks were flying everywhere. | 火花四溅 |
[20:56] | – Did I ever tell you that story? – No, you never did, my love. | – 我跟你说过这事儿吗 – 没 你没说过 我的爱 |
[21:02] | Well, my father stopped in at the pub on his way home from work… | 我父亲在下班的路上去了酒吧 |