时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Oh, Dad, you’re gonna have to clear out. | 老爸 你得避一避了 |
[00:11] | Daphne and I are meeting with my lawyer. | 我和Daphne要跟我的律师见面 |
[00:13] | I don’t know why you have to go with that high-priced lady | 不明白你为啥非要找那位高价的女士 |
[00:15] | instead of the guy I recommended. | 而不用我给你推荐的伙计 |
[00:17] | Please. Donny is suing me for emotional distress. | 拜托 Donny因为精神损害起诉我 |
[00:19] | Your guy wanted me to limp into court wearing a neck brace | 你那伙计想让我戴颈托瘸着走进法庭 |
[00:21] | claiming not to speak English. | 声称自己不会讲英语 |
[00:22] | Hey, you don’t keep an office in the mall for 12 years | 嘿 能在商场里占十二年办公室 |
[00:25] | without knowin’ a few tricks. | 没点儿招儿可做不到 |
[00:28] | – Oh, hi, Niles. – Frasier, I’m sorry I’m late. | – 嗨 Niles – Frasier 抱歉我来晚了 |
[00:30] | – Is Abby here yet? – No, she’s on her way. | – Abby来了吗 – 没 她还在过来的路上 |
[00:32] | These lawsuits have me so rattled. | 这些诉讼真是让我很不安 |
[00:34] | You know me, Frasier. Normally I’m unflappable. | 你了解我的 Frasier 我一般都很淡定 |
[00:37] | Niles, if you flapped any more, | Niles 你再紧张下去 |
[00:38] | we’d have to lower you to half-mast on Veterans Day. | 老兵纪念日的时候我们得为你降半旗了 |
[00:42] | Sherry, anyone? | 有人要雪利酒吗 |
[00:43] | – Yes, please. – Oh, yes, please. – Yeah. | – 我要 谢谢 – 好的 谢谢 – 好 |
[00:44] | I know how Niles feels. | 我懂Niles的感受 |
[00:46] | I’m a nervous wreck about that deposition tomorrow. | 明天就要上庭作证了 我紧张得要命 |
[00:49] | First time I’m seeing Donny since our wedding day, | 这是自我们婚礼日后 我第一次见Donny |
[00:51] | and he’s gonna be grilling me under oath. | 估计我要被他的咒骂淹没了 |
[00:52] | Oh, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[00:53] | Once Abby preps you, you’ll have nothing to worry about. | 只要Abby帮你准备好 你就什么都不用担心了 |
[00:55] | I don’t understand you guys. | 我真是搞不懂你们啊 |
[00:56] | Instead of you each hiring expensive lawyers, | 你们每个人都花大价钱请律师 |
[00:58] | why don’t you just settle? | 干嘛不干脆和解呢 |
[00:59] | Because we didn’t do anything wrong, Dad! | 因为我们没做错什么啊 老爸 |
[01:02] | Daphne merely changed her mind about getting married. | Daphne只是不想结婚了 |
[01:04] | Although Donny is entitled to his pain, | 尽管Donny有痛苦的权利 |
[01:05] | he is not entitled to sue everyone under the sun. | 但他可没有见谁就起诉谁的权利 |
[01:07] | You guys are nuts. Donny’s a pit bull. | 你们真是疯了 Donny可是条斗牛犬 |
[01:10] | Why don’t you come up with some cash, | 你们还不如拿着现钞 |
[01:11] | put it on a stick, and shove it into his cage? | 粘在棍子上 然后伸进他笼子里得了 |
[01:13] | Oh, yes. Thank you, Dad. | 呵呵 谢谢啊 爸 |
[01:15] | Don’t even try to get the stick back. Just run. | 也别想把棍子拿回来了 直接跑吧 |
[01:19] | You know, Dad’s fears notwithstanding. | 尽管老爸很担心 |
[01:21] | I have every confidence in Abby and her litigious prowess. | 但我对Abby和她的诉讼技艺有着十足的信心 |
[01:25] | Yes, we’ve all seen you admiring her prowess. | 是啊 你也不是头一次表达对她的喜爱了 |
[01:29] | I’m sure I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我完全不知道你在说什么 |
[01:34] | – Oh, hi, Abby. Uh… Come on in. – Hello. | – 嗨 Abby 快请进 – 你好 |
[01:37] | You know Niles and Daphne. | Niles和Daphne你都认识 |
[01:38] | Yes, hello, Daphne, Niles. | 是的 你们好 Daphne Niles |
[01:39] | – Let me take your coat. – Thank you. | – 让我帮你拿外套 – 谢谢 |
[01:42] | Oh, my. That uh… | 噢 天哪 |
[01:45] | That suit is very becoming on you. Is it new? | 这套裙可真合身啊 是新的吗 |
[01:47] | Yes, it is. And thank you for noticing, Frasier. | 没错 谢谢你的好眼力 Frasier |
[01:50] | Oh, no. Thank you for being so uh… | 不谢 还要谢谢你这么 呃 |
[01:53] | …noticeable. | 令人瞩目 |
[01:55] | Do I sound like that? | 我说话也是这个样吗 |
[01:57] | Yeah, but it’s cute when you do it. | 是 但你说起来可爱多了 |
[01:59] | Please, make yourself comfortable. | 随便坐 别客气 |
[02:01] | Well, uh… we’re anxious to hear your… your battle plan. | 我们迫切想听听你的作战方案 |
[02:04] | We realise it’s gonna be tough, but we’re ready for a fight. | 我们知道会很艰难 但我们已经做好准备了 |
[02:06] | Donny’s dropped the lawsuits. | Donny撤诉了 |
[02:08] | – What? – When did this happen? | – 什么 – 什么时候的事 |
[02:10] | He just called me on my cell phone now. | 他刚刚给我打了电话 |
[02:12] | I took the liberty of calling your lawyer, Daphne, | 然后我自作主张给你的律师打了电话 Daphne |
[02:14] | to let him know the good news, too. | 也让他知道这个好消息 |
[02:15] | – Thank you. – So, wh… what happens now? | – 谢谢 – 所以 现在怎么办 |
[02:17] | Well, nothing. It’s over. Congratulations. | 不需要怎么办 已经结束了 恭喜你们 |
[02:21] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[02:22] | – Did Donny say why he’s dropping the case? – Yeah. | – Donny有说他为什么撤诉吗 – 对啊 |
[02:24] | No, he did not, but… we could call and ask him if you’d like. | 他没说 不过 我们可以打电话问问他 |
[02:27] | – Oh, no, no. – Oh, no, that’s not necessary. | – 哦 不 不 – 没那必要 |
[02:30] | You know, I think I know why he dropped the case. | 我大概知道他为什么撤诉 |
[02:32] | – Because I have the finest lawyer in all of Seattle. – Hear, hear. | – 因为我有西雅图最棒的律师 – 同意 |
[02:36] | Thank you uh… for a, a job well done. | 谢谢你 出色完成了工作 |
[02:40] | My pleasure. Congratulations. | 不客气 恭喜恭喜 |
[02:43] | Oh, thank you, Abby. | 谢谢你 Abby |
[02:44] | Congratulations. You’re welcome, Daphne. | 恭喜 不客气 Daphne |
[02:46] | – Congratulations. – Oh, thank you, Niles. | – 恭喜 – 谢谢 Niles |
[02:48] | – Thanks. – Absolutely. | – 谢谢 – 客气客气 |
[02:49] | All right. Uh! You again. | 好了 啊 又是你 |
[02:55] | I must say, I was actually looking forward to | 我得说 我其实很期待 |
[02:57] | getting a shot at Donny in court. | 在法庭上对阵Donny |
[02:59] | But for your sake, I’m glad things ended this way. | 但为你们着想 这样结束我很高兴 |
[03:01] | Yes, well, you know, there’s no reason this has to be goodbye. | 是啊 不过 我们没必要就这样结束啊 |
[03:03] | I, I think a celebratory dinner is in order. | 我觉得一顿庆祝晚餐必不可少 |
[03:05] | Oh, well, great. | 好啊 |
[03:06] | Give me a call and we’ll see when all of us can get together. | 到时候给我电话 找个大家都方便的时间 |
[03:08] | Yes, yes, all of us. | 是 是啊 我们所有人 |
[03:10] | Yes, well, you know, our schedules are really rather complicated. | 那个 我们的工作安排都特别复杂 |
[03:12] | We’re rarely available together. | 我们很少能同时有空 |
[03:14] | – I’m open. – Any time’s good for me. | – 我都可以 – 我也随时可以 |
[03:18] | Well, then, dinner it is. | 那就到时候约晚餐了 |
[03:19] | Great. I hate to rush off, but I have a mountain of paperwork. | 好极了 我不想急着走 但我还有一堆报告要写 |
[03:21] | Well, uh… let me walk you to the elevator. | 我送你去电梯吧 |
[03:24] | All right. That’s very sweet, Frasier. | 好啊 你真贴心 Frasier |
[03:26] | Thank you for escorting me. | 谢谢你护送我 |
[03:28] | Oh, thank you uh… for being so escortable. | 那我要谢谢你这么 呃 值得护送 |
[03:34] | – Bye, Abby. – Goodbye. | – 再见 Abby – 再见 |
[03:35] | Congratulations again. | 再次恭喜 |
[03:37] | Uh… Abby, I, I just wanted to say how… | 呃 Abby 我 我只想说 |
[03:40] | how pleasurable it’s been getting to know you. | 我很高兴能认识你 |
[03:43] | The pleasure has been all mine. | 我也很高兴 |
[03:44] | You know, you know, I, I’d hate to see my relationship with you, uh… | 那个 我非常不想就这样 呃 |
[03:48] | end right now. I was just thinking… | 和你断了联系 我希望 |
[03:50] | Frasier, if you’re gonna ask me out, you’d better hurry. | Frasier 你要约我出去的话 最好快点 |
[03:52] | – Will you go out with me? – Yes! | – 你愿意跟我约会吗 – 愿意 |
[04:02] | – Oh, hi, Roz. – Hey, guys. | – 嗨 Roz – 大家好啊 |
[04:03] | Hey, Roz. | 嘿 Roz |
[04:04] | Come on in. I’ll get you situated. | 快进来 我帮你搞定 |
[04:05] | Thanks for letting me tape your CDs. | 谢谢你让我录你的CD |
[04:07] | Since when do you two have the same taste in music? | 你们听音乐的口味啥时候一样的 |
[04:09] | Well, actually, it’s for Alice. | 是为了Alice录的 |
[04:11] | I read an article that said listening to classical music | 我读了篇文章说 听古典音乐 |
[04:13] | makes toddlers smarter. | 能让婴儿更聪明 |
[04:14] | Something about making their brain bigger or… wider. I don’t know. | 说什么能让他们的大脑更大 更强 之类的 |
[04:19] | I believe the word you’re looking for is “smartified”. | 我相信你想说的词是”变聪颖” |
[04:22] | Oh, yeah? Well, guess which word I’m looking for now. | 是嘛 那你猜猜我现在在想什么词 |
[04:26] | Very funny. | 算你搞笑 |
[04:27] | Actually, I have the perfect piece to start Alice off with. | 我有一首非常完美的音乐给Alice启蒙 |
[04:30] | It’s Beethoven’s “Sonata in C-Sharp Minor”. | 就是贝多芬的”升C小调奏鸣曲” |
[04:33] | I’ve laid out a selection of CDs that I think will be appropriate. | 我已经列好了一系列我觉得合适的CD |
[04:36] | I’m sorry, I don’t have the time to | 不过抱歉 我没有时间 |
[04:37] | put together a comprehensive programme for you. | 帮你组合成一个全面的计划 |
[04:39] | But actually, Dad and I have our celebratory dinner tonight with Abby. | 老爸跟我今天要和Abby一起吃晚饭庆祝 |
[04:42] | Dad, you know, actually, you should get ready to go. | 老爸 你该做好出发的准备了 |
[04:44] | I thought I was ready. | 我已经好了啊 |
[04:45] | Think tie! | 领带呢 |
[04:48] | I’m way ahead of ya. | 早想到了 |
[04:51] | Hey, you’ve been spending a lot of time | 嘿 你最近花了很多时间 |
[04:53] | “celebrating” with this lawyer. | 跟这个律师”庆祝”嘛 |
[04:55] | Oh, yes, yes. Well, actually, uh… we’ve been out a couple of times. | 是啊 其实 我们已经约会过几次了 |
[04:59] | I’m really rather taken with her. She has a very playful side. | 我真有点被她迷住了 她有非常好玩的一面 |
[05:04] | She took me miniature golfing last night. | 她昨晚带我去玩小型高尔夫了 |
[05:07] | Oh, sure, when she takes you, it’s playful. | 是啊 她带你去就是好玩 |
[05:08] | When I take you, it ends up | 我带你去呢 |
[05:10] | as a short story in the high school literary magazine. | 结果就是高校文学杂志的一个小故事 |
[05:13] | Dad, please. “Through the Clown’s Mouth Darkly” | 老爸 拜托 “穿过小丑黑暗的嘴” |
[05:16] | took second in the all-city fiction contest that year. | 拿了那年市级小说大赛的第二名好嘛 |
[05:20] | – Hello. – Hello, Niles. | – 嗨 – 嗨 Niles |
[05:22] | Oh, Frasier, these are for you. Uh… Your doorman gave them to me. | 对了 Frasier 这些是你的 你们门卫给我的 |
[05:24] | Apparently some of your mail went to the wrong box. | 显然你的信有些投错邮箱了 |
[05:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:26] | – And these… are for you, my love. – Niles…. | – 这些呢 是给你的 亲爱的 – Niles |
[05:31] | You’re spoiling me. | 你要宠坏我的 |
[05:33] | I picked them myself. | 我自己挑的 |
[05:35] | Oh, Niles. Cookies. | 噢 Niles 是曲奇 |
[05:39] | Sweets for my sweet. | 甜点送给我的甜心 |
[05:40] | Let’s go put these in some milk. | 我去把它们插在牛奶里 |
[05:43] | Hey, I was just going to say that. | 我刚准备要这么说呢 |
[05:46] | – No, you weren’t. – I was, I swear. | – 不可能 – 真的 我发誓 |
[05:47] | Okay, this is getting spooky. | 好吧 有点灵异呢 |
[05:52] | Well. | 呃 |
[05:54] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[05:56] | I just opened Abby’s bill. | 我刚打开Abby给我的账单 |
[06:00] | Seems… awfully high… | 金额看上去 特别高 |
[06:04] | I… I guess this must be the going rate. It’s just that… | 大 大概就是市场价 但就是 |
[06:06] | Whoa! | 哇喔 |
[06:09] | I mean, I… I think Abby is certainly worth every penny. | 那个 Abby肯定物有所值 |
[06:11] | Well, she better be, | 她最好是物有所值 |
[06:12] | because Daphne’s lawyer only charged half this much. | Daphne的律师只要了这个数的一半 |
[06:16] | Well, that doesn’t seem right, does it? | 这就不太对了吧 |
[06:18] | I mean, they did the same amount of work. | 他们的工作量一样啊 |
[06:19] | Come on, Fras. Abby isn’t the first lawyer to pad a bill. | Fras 拜托 Abby又不是第一个收高价的律师 |
[06:22] | Well, maybe not, but, you know, Abby is not that kind of lawyer. | 也许吧 但Abby不是那种律师 |
[06:25] | Oh, what world are you living in? They’re all that kind of lawyer. | 地球人都知道 律师都是那样的 |
[06:29] | I admit $4000 does seem rather high for phone consultations. | 我承认电话咨询要4000刀是有点高 |
[06:34] | Who the hell’s she talking to? | 她跟谁打了这么多电话啊 |
[06:38] | All her friends. | 她的所有朋友 |
[06:38] | Bragging about the new sucker she’s got on the hook. | 自夸说又钓到一个傻冒 |
[06:49] | This restaurant has a wonderful Roquefort ravioli. | 这家餐厅有最棒的羊乳干酪意大利饺 |
[06:52] | I kind of had my heart set on lobster. Come and help me pick one out. | 我有点想吃龙虾了 来帮我挑一只 |
[06:55] | I was just getting up to do that! | 我正打算起身去挑龙虾 |
[06:57] | – No, you weren’t. – I was, too. | – 不可能 – 这次也是真的 |
[06:58] | Spooky! | 灵异啊 |
[07:00] | So, Abby, uh… | 那个 Abby |
[07:02] | did you happen to get any interesting e-mails today? | 今天你有收到什么有趣的邮件吗 |
[07:05] | Yes, I did, | 收到了 |
[07:06] | but none that I feel comfortable discussing in front of your father. | 但都是我不好意思在你父亲面前提起的邮件 |
[07:09] | Hey, Abby, you’ll like this one. | 嘿 Abby 听听这个 |
[07:11] | We used to tell it in the precinct. | 我们原来在局里经常这么开玩笑 |
[07:13] | How many lawyers does it take to screw in a light bulb? | 拧一只电灯泡需要几个律师 |
[07:16] | I don’t know. It depends on how many cops planted it there? | 不知道 取决于这个陷阱有多少警察参与吧 |
[07:22] | Thrust and parry, Dad. | 唇枪舌剑啊 老爸 |
[07:27] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[07:30] | Abby Michaels. Hold on. It’s a client. | Abby Michaels 稍等 是客户 |
[07:35] | Starting the meter, huh? | 计时开始了 哈 |
[07:38] | I’ve already filed that motion. It’s up to them now. | 我已经交了议案 现在要看他们的了 |
[07:41] | No, no, no. I, I don’t think that they would try that. | 不 不 不 他们应该不会那么做 |
[07:44] | But if you like, I could call them. | 但你想要的话 我可以电话他们 |
[07:45] | Or, or better yet, I’ll send them a letter | 或者 我给他们写封信 |
[07:47] | just so we’re on the record. | 这样就记录在案了 这样更好 |
[07:48] | Okay. Bye now. | 好 再见 |
[07:51] | Sorry. Where were we? | 抱歉 我们说到哪儿了 |
[07:53] | – Aren’t you forgetting something? – Oh, my goodness, you’re right. | – 你是不是忘了什么 – 噢 天哪 你说得对 |
[07:56] | It’s getting very late and I haven’t even looked at the menu yet. | 已经这么晚了 我还没看过菜单呢 |
[07:59] | My, so many choices. What are you guys having? | 啊呀 这么多选择 你们点的什么呢 |
[08:03] | Well, I’m pretty sure someone’s getting scrod… | 我肯定有人要点鳕鱼片 |
[08:10] | So how were the lobsters? | 龙虾怎么样 |
[08:12] | They were too cute to eat. I’m having the veal. | 他们太可爱了我下不了口 我就要小牛肉了 |
[08:15] | Well, I propose a toast. To frivolous lawsuits | 我们来干一杯吧 致琐碎的诉讼 |
[08:20] | and the wonderful, charming clients they bring together. | 和因其汇聚的美妙迷人的客户们 |
[08:22] | – Oh, nice. – Well, hear, hear. | – 说得好 – 同意 同意 |
[08:24] | Abby, I’m… uh, I’m sorry to spoil the mood. It’s just that uh… | Abby 呃 抱歉扫一下兴 就是那个 呃 |
[08:28] | your client… | 你的客户 |
[08:29] | Oh, right. Thanks for reminding me. | 噢 对 谢谢你提醒我 |
[08:33] | Oh, I don’t believe it. Donny just walked in. | 不敢相信 Donny刚走进来 |
[08:36] | – I said, don’t look. – No, you did not! | – 我说了 不要看 – 你没说 |
[08:40] | Can you imagine anything more embarrassing than | 还会有更囧的事儿吗 |
[08:41] | seeing us here tonight? | 居然在这见到他 |
[08:42] | – Uh, your menu’s on fire. – Well, that would be embarrassing… Oh! | – 呃 你的菜单着火了 – 那确实更囧 噢 |
[08:45] | – No! – Put it out! Put it out! | – 不 – 快灭了它 灭了它 |
[08:47] | No, not with the Dom Perignon! | 别 别浪费唐培里侬香槟王 |
[08:49] | – Careful, careful, careful. – Watch it. | – 小心 小心 小心 – 当心 |
[08:50] | – Oh, heavens. – Oh. | – 噢 天哪 – 噢 |
[08:52] | – Oh, thank God. – All right, well… | – 谢天谢地 – 太好了 |
[08:57] | Hi, uh… guys. Hi. | 嗨 呃 伙计们 嗨 |
[09:01] | – Hi, Donny. – Oh, hey. | – 嗨 Donny – 噢 嘿 |
[09:04] | – Daphne. – Hello, Donny. | – Daphne – 你好 Donny |
[09:06] | – Niles. – Hello, Donny. | – Niles – 你好 Donny |
[09:09] | Look, I realize you guys must be celebrating, | 我知道你们是在庆祝 |
[09:10] | but do you have to start a bonfire? | 但没必要弄个篝火吧 |
[09:12] | – Oh, we’re not celebrating. – Oh, he thinks we’re celebrating. | – 我们没在庆祝 – 哈哈 他以为我们在庆祝 |
[09:16] | Look, I know this is a little awkward, but I understand, don’t worry. | 我知道有点尴尬 但我理解的 没关系 |
[09:19] | In fact, I’m celebrating something myself. | 实际上 我自己也在庆祝 |
[09:22] | Oh, did you win a big case, Donny? | 你赢了个大案子吗 Donny |
[09:24] | No. I, uh… | 没有 我 呃 |
[09:26] | …got engaged. | 订婚了 |
[09:29] | Really? Well, boy, that… that’s good news. | 是嘛 天哪 是个好消息啊 |
[09:33] | Yes. Yes, it certainly is. | 是啊 绝对是好消息 |
[09:35] | Thank you. In fact, she, she’s sitting right over there. | 谢谢 其实 她 她就坐在那儿 |
[09:37] | – Oh! – Oh, hello. | – 噢 – 噢 你好啊 |
[09:38] | Wave, Nancy, wave. Show them the rock. | 挥手 Nancy 给他们秀下戒指 |
[09:41] | – Oh, very nice. – It’s lovely. | – 噢 真不错 – 很漂亮 |
[09:43] | It’s a big one. | 好大一枚啊 |
[09:44] | – Congratulations, Donny. – Thank you. | – 恭喜你 Donny – 谢谢 |
[09:46] | I was representing her in her divorce, and we realized | 我代理了她的离婚诉讼 结果我们发现 |
[09:48] | that we were perfect… for each other. | 我们才是 天生一对 |
[09:51] | And, you know, I know it’s very sudden, but that’s fate for you, huh? | 我知道有点突然 但命中注定不就是这样吗 |
[09:55] | Yes, well, uh… good luck to you both. | 好的 呃 祝你们俩好运 |
[09:57] | Thank you, thank you. I, I should get back to Nancy. | 谢谢 谢谢 我该回去了 |
[10:00] | You guys should enjoy your dinner. | 你们好好吃吧 |
[10:01] | Incidentally, the fire exits are located there and there. | 顺便说下 消防通道在那里跟那里 |
[10:06] | – Good one. – It’s sort of funny. | – 说得好 – 说得好 |
[10:11] | Boy, that was weird. | 老天 刚刚好诡异啊 |
[10:13] | Now we know why he dropped the lawsuit. | 现在知道他为什么撤诉了 |
[10:15] | Yes, he’s in love. | 对啊 他是坠入爱河了 |
[10:17] | Or on the rebound. | 说不定是反弹行为 |
[10:19] | Well, either way, it’s good news for all of you. | 不管哪种 对你们来说都是好消息 |
[10:21] | In fact, let’s order another bottle of champagne. | 让我们再点一瓶香槟吧 |
[10:23] | And by the way, dinner is on me. Or rather, the firm. | 晚餐我请哟 或者说是律所买单 |
[10:26] | Oh, no, no, I… I couldn’t let you do that, Abby. | 不 不 我怎么能让你请呢 Abby |
[10:28] | I wanted to pay for dinner. | 我来买单 |
[10:30] | Don’t worry. You are. | 别担心 反正都是你买单 |
[10:41] | Oh, Frasier, I was just coming up to see you. | 噢 Frasier 我正要找你呢 |
[10:44] | Oh, hi, Niles. | 嗨 Niles |
[10:45] | Say, you… you’re looking a little green around the gills. | 你 你看着怎么有点面无血色啊 |
[10:48] | Oh, please, don’t even mention gills. | 拜托 别跟我提给鱼去内脏 |
[10:50] | The Yale Club had its annual lunch at Vashon Island. All seafood. | 耶鲁俱乐部在瓦迅岛举办了年度午餐 全是海鲜 |
[10:53] | – Ah, didn’t agree with you? – Oh, no, the food was fine. | – 不怎么合胃口吗 – 没 食物还可以 |
[10:55] | It was the 4-foot swells | 就是回来时坐船 |
[10:56] | coming back on the ferry that didn’t agree with me. | 摇晃得太厉害了 |
[10:58] | I’m afraid I was forced to return my sea bass to the sea. | 我被迫把黑鲈鱼全部归还给大海了 |
[11:02] | Actually, I had sort of a rough day myself. | 其实我今天过得也够呛 |
[11:04] | You know, I… can’t stop thinking about the bill that Abby sent me. | 我一直在想Abby寄给我的账单 |
[11:08] | Well, you know, after witnessing her | 在看到她昨晚 |
[11:10] | rather slipshod recordkeeping last night, I… | 那么粗线条地记录时间 我 |
[11:13] | I can’t help feeling that I’m getting ripped off. | 我忍不住想 我是不是被敲竹杠了 |
[11:16] | So, I fired off a strongly worded e-mail today | 然后 我今天发了一封措辞强烈的邮件 |
[11:19] | insisting on a point-by-point accounting of my bill. | 坚持索要账单的明细 |
[11:22] | Oh, good idea. | 好主意 |
[11:23] | Nothing cements a relationship like calling the girl a crook. | 说一个姑娘是骗子最能巩固恋爱关系了 |
[11:27] | Speaking of relationships, | 说到关系 |
[11:28] | how about Donny’s decision to get engaged? | 你对Donny订婚的决定有什么想法 |
[11:31] | My God, talk about classic rebound behaviour. | 老天 这不就是经典的反弹行为嘛 |
[11:34] | Classic. | 经典 |
[11:35] | Is it just me or is this elevator swaying? | 只有我这么感觉 还是这电梯真的在晃 |
[11:37] | Probably not the wisest decision Donny could have made at this point. | 现在做这样的决定 Donny可不太明智 |
[11:41] | You know, maybe somebody should have a talk with him. | 也许有人应该跟他谈谈 |
[11:44] | Stop! Don’t even think about it. | 停 想都别想 |
[11:46] | Right now the only thing Donny needs is to be left alone. | 现在Donny只需要不被打扰 |
[11:52] | – Oh, hi, Daph. – Hello. – Hello. | – 噢 嗨 Daph – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[11:54] | – Where are you off to? – I’ve got to see Donny. | – 你要去哪儿 – 我得去见Donny |
[11:59] | Why in the world do you have to see Donny? | 为什么你要去见Donny |
[12:00] | I’m worried about him. He’s making such a rash decision. | 我担心他 他做的决定太轻率 |
[12:04] | I just wanna make sure he’s okay. | 我只想确认他没事 |
[12:06] | And it’s not just about that. | 而且也不仅如此 |
[12:08] | We never really had a proper goodbye, | 我们都没有真正地告过别 |
[12:10] | and I feel bad leaving things the way we did. | 我不喜欢这么半吊子 |
[12:13] | What you’re looking for is… | 你想要的是 |
[12:19] | …closure. | 结束 |
[12:21] | Yeah. I knew you’d understand. | 对 我知道你会理解的 |
[12:24] | – Niles, are you feeling okay? – Oh, yes, I’ll be fine. | – Niles 你没事吧 – 我没事 |
[12:27] | Well, in that case, when I get back, this will all be behind us. | 顺利的话 等我回来 这些我们都能抛之脑后了 |
[12:31] | We can celebrate! | 我们可以庆祝一下 |
[12:32] | I’ll make us a nice big English country dinner. | 我会做一顿英格兰乡村大餐 |
[12:35] | Steak and kidney pudding. | 牛排还有肾脏布丁 |
[12:38] | Hold the elevator! Hey, Daphne. | 别关电梯 嘿 Daphne |
[12:39] | Niles, I need your opinion. | Niles 我要听听你的建议 |
[12:41] | Oh, really? I was just about… | 是嘛 我正要 |
[12:42] | I need some more classical music to tape for Alice. | 我需要给Alice录更多古典音乐 |
[12:45] | – What? – Yeah. Oh. I, uh… | – 什么 – 是啊 我 |
[12:47] | Frasier gave me this list, but it has over 300 names on it. | Frasier给了我一张清单 但是上面有300多首呢 |
[12:50] | Who do you think is best? | 你觉得谁的最好 |
[12:51] | I would really rather not read right now. | 我现在真的不想看 |
[12:53] | Oh, oh, off the top of your head. | 那你最先能想到谁 |
[12:55] | Alice really loves up-tempo numbers. | Alice喜欢快节奏的 |
[12:57] | Last night we were listening to “Peer Gynt”, | 昨晚我们在听<培尔金特> |
[12:58] | and she started doing all these little ballerina moves. | 她开始做各种芭蕾动作 |
[13:01] | You should have seen her, she was so cute. | 你真该看看她 她太可爱了 |
[13:03] | She would sway back and forth to the music | 她会跟着音乐前后摇摆 |
[13:07] | and do these little spins, a jump. | 然后旋转 跳跃 |
[13:09] | I was doing it with her, but I started to get so dizzy. | 我跟着她一起做 但我已经晕得不行了 |
[13:11] | The room went around and around and around… | 房间都在转啊转啊转 |
[13:16] | Oh, never mind. I’ll ask Frasier. | 算了 我直接问Frasier吧 |
[13:18] | Hi, Roz. | 嗨 Roz |
[13:19] | Frasier, where are you going? What about the CDs? | Frasier 你要去哪儿 CD呢 |
[13:20] | I’m sorry. Go ahead in, take what you like, | 抱歉 你直接拿你想要的就行 |
[13:22] | and just mark it on the sign-out sheet. | 在借出表上记一下就好 |
[13:23] | Oh, Niles, thank God you’re here. Come with me. | Niles 谢天谢地你还在 跟我来 |
[13:25] | Listen, there was a message on the machine from Abby. | 听着 Abby给我电话留了言 |
[13:27] | She said she needed to see me right away. | 她说她要马上见我 |
[13:30] | She must have gotten my e-mail. | 她肯定已经收到我的邮件了 |
[13:32] | God, the message was so short | 老天 她留的言太短了 |
[13:33] | that I can’t really tell what sort of mood she’s in. | 我都听不出她是什么心情 |
[13:35] | I guess if she’d been really angry, | 要是她真的生气的话 |
[13:37] | she would’ve left some indication on the machine. | 留言里应该听得出来 |
[13:38] | Well, then again, being a savvy lawyer, you know, | 但是 作为一个上道的律师 |
[13:40] | she might not really wanna tip her hand. | 她又不会那么喜怒形于色 |
[13:42] | Whatever happens, I feel confident that I made the right decision. | 无论如何 我都认为我做了正确决定 |
[13:46] | Oh, thanks, Niles. You’ve been a support. | Niles 谢谢你的支持 |
[13:48] | – Hi, Dad. – Hey. | – 嗨 爸 – 嘿 |
[13:49] | Oh, Niles, great news. | Niles 好消息 |
[13:51] | Tony the chilli guy got his vendor licence back. | 卖辣椒的Tony终于把他的营业执照拿回来了 |
[13:53] | Check it out! | 快看这些好货 |
[14:04] | – Oh, uh, you have the rings? – Right here. – Okay. | – 戒指带了吗 – 就在这儿 – 好 |
[14:08] | – You nervous? – Well, yeah. | – 你紧张吗 – 是啊 |
[14:09] | I’m excited. I can’t believe Nancy’s | 我很兴奋 难以置信Nancy |
[14:11] | finally gonna be my wife after all these… | 终于要成为我的妻子了 经过了这么多 |
[14:13] | weeks. | 礼拜 |
[14:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:19] | Daphne, what are you doing here? | Daphne 你怎么在这儿 |
[14:20] | Your receptionist told me you’d left for court. | 你的前台跟我说你来法院了 |
[14:22] | Actually, this is not a good time. | 其实 我现在不是很方便 |
[14:24] | Yeah. I know you’re probably in the middle of a big trial, | 我知道 你很可能正在参加一场大诉讼 |
[14:25] | so I’ll be brief. | 所以我会长话短说 |
[14:26] | Donny, after seeing you at the restaurant last night, | Donny 昨晚在餐厅看到你后 |
[14:30] | I want you to know I’m worried about you. | 我一直很担心你 |
[14:32] | Okay. This is about Nancy? | 好吧 是关于Nancy吗 |
[14:33] | I’m sure she’s a lovely person | 她肯定是个可爱的人 |
[14:35] | and I probably have no right saying this, but… | 我也没有权利这么说 但是 |
[14:38] | I… I hope you’re not rushing into anything. | 我 我希望你没有草率地做任何决定 |
[14:41] | – Uh, look, Daphne… – I know, I know. | – 呃 听着 Daphne – 我知道 我知道 |
[14:43] | I’m way out of line here. But… | 我越界太多了 但是 |
[14:46] | I still care about what happens to you. | 我还是关心你 |
[14:49] | Take the time to get to know each other. | 多花点时间了解彼此 |
[14:51] | Believe me, you’ll be glad you did | 相信我 当你们真正结婚的那天 |
[14:53] | when the day comes you finally do get married. | 你会庆幸你这样做了的 |
[14:56] | – Yes. Hi. – Well, what do you know, it’s here. | – 好的 嗨 – 谁知道呢 原来就是今天 |
[15:00] | I… I’ll meet you inside. I’ll be one second. I’m sorry. Okay? | 我们里面见 我马上到 抱歉 好吗 |
[15:02] | – Um… – I’m so sorry. | – 呃 – 我很抱歉 |
[15:04] | – My timing is so terrible. – Not really. | – 我来得真不是时候 – 不全是 |
[15:06] | If you hang around for a few minutes, | 如果你多待一会儿 |
[15:07] | I’m sure we can get you on the wedding video. | 你就会出现在婚礼录像里了 |
[15:09] | I really had no idea you were getting married so soon. | 我真的不知道你这么快就要结婚 |
[15:12] | Well, call me crazy, | 是有点疯狂 |
[15:13] | but I’ve got a prejudice against long engagements. | 但我已经见过订婚太久的坏处了 |
[15:15] | – Oh, Sweetie… – Mom. – Hi. – You look so handsome. | – 噢 甜心 – 妈 嗨 – 你真帅 |
[15:19] | It’s you! | 是你 |
[15:21] | – Hello, Mother Douglas. – Mrs. Douglas. | – 你好 Douglas妈妈 – 是Douglas女士 |
[15:24] | – You have some nerve showing up here. – Mom. | – 你还有胆出现 – 妈 |
[15:27] | You can beg all you want, | 随便你怎么求 |
[15:28] | – but he’s not coming back. – Mom, Mom. | – 他都不会回心转意的 – 妈 妈 |
[15:30] | – He’s done crying his eyes out over you. – Mom, Mom. | – 他已经不会为你哭瞎眼了 – 妈 妈 |
[15:32] | – She knows. She knows. – I don’t want you to go back. | – 她知道 她知道的 – 我不想你走回头路 |
[15:34] | – Mom… No, I’m not. I’m not. – Don’t you dare, don’t do it. | – 妈 我不会的 不会的 – 你敢 不准 |
[15:36] | I’ll see you in a minute. So… | 我马上去找你 所以 |
[15:38] | Look, Daphne, I don’t mean to rush you, | 听着 Daphne 我不是要催你 |
[15:40] | but is there uh… anything else? | 但你还有什么事吗 |
[15:42] | Just this. | 只有这个 |
[15:44] | I never really said how sorry I was about what happened. | 我从来没有真正为发生的一切道过歉 |
[15:48] | I really am. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[15:51] | Well, Daphne, if it puts your mind at ease, | Daphne 这样说也许能让你放心 |
[15:54] | I know what I’m doing. | 我知道我在做什么 |
[15:55] | I’m happy. I’m ready to go on with my life. | 我很幸福 我已经准备好迎接新生活了 |
[16:00] | So… | 所以 |
[16:02] | Yeah, I know, um… | 我知道 |
[16:04] | Hey. Goodbye. | 嘿 再见了 |
[16:05] | Donny Donny. | |
[16:11] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[16:14] | Thank you, Daphne. | 谢谢 Daphne |
[16:26] | – Oh, there you are. – Uh… Listen, I got your message. | – 噢 你来了 – 那个 我收到你的留言了 |
[16:29] | It sounded kind of urgent, so I came right down. | 听起来有点紧急 所以我马上过来了 |
[16:31] | I… suppose you read my e-mail. | 你 应该是看了我的邮件吧 |
[16:33] | No, actually, my computer’s been down all day. | 没有 其实我的电脑今天罢工了一整天 |
[16:36] | But if it’s anything like the last one, well, then I guess we’ll know | 但如果是像上次那封的话 那我就知道 |
[16:39] | what overheated my hard drive. | 是什么让我的硬盘驱动器过热的了 |
[16:42] | Give it a few minutes to reconnect to the server | 给它几分钟重连服务器 |
[16:44] | – and then it will be up and running. – Thank you. | – 然后它就可以工作了 – 谢谢 |
[16:48] | Yeah. | 你好 |
[16:51] | So, uh, why did you call me? | 所以 你打给我有什么事 |
[16:57] | Frasier Well, Frasier, | |
[17:00] | I thought we could celebrate. | 我在想我们可以庆祝一下 |
[17:02] | Really? Celebrate what? | 是嘛 庆祝什么 |
[17:05] | Well, this morning, I was called down to the conference room | 今天早上 我被叫去会议室 |
[17:07] | and all the partners were there. | 所有合伙人都在那儿 |
[17:09] | I thought they were going to yell at me because they found out | 我以为他们会骂我 因为他们发现 |
[17:11] | I had given you a discount. But instead… | 我给了你折扣 但是 |
[17:16] | they told me I made partner. | 他们告诉我 我升为合伙人了 |
[17:19] | You gave me a discount? | 你给了我折扣 |
[17:21] | – I mean, I mean congratulations. Well, gosh. – Thank you. | – 我是说 我是说恭喜你 天哪 – 谢谢 |
[17:24] | Oh, my God, you certainly deserve it. | 老天 这是你应得的 |
[17:29] | What kind of discount? | 什么折扣 |
[17:31] | You didn’t even notice, did you? | 你根本没注意到 是吧 |
[17:33] | Oh, no, no, I did notice. | 不 不 我注意到了 |
[17:33] | I, I did. I swear to God I noticed. I even pointed it out to Dad. | 我注意到了 我发誓 我甚至指给我爸看了 |
[17:38] | That’s very sweet. | 你真甜 |
[17:41] | You’re the sweet one. | 你才是小甜心 |
[17:46] | I’m not always… | 我不是一直 |
[17:48] | sweet. | 甜的 |
[17:52] | Oh, Abby. | 噢 Abby |
[17:56] | You have e-mail! | 你有新邮件 |
[18:02] | I’m not reading them. The office is closed. | 我才不去看呢 办公室关门了 |
[18:05] | That’s a very good decision. That is partner-level thinking. | 这决定非常好 合伙人级别的想法 |
[18:10] | Wait. What am I thinking? | 等等 我在想什么 |
[18:13] | You’ve sent me another one of those naughty e-mails, haven’t you? | 你不是又发了一封淘气邮件嘛 |
[18:16] | Maybe we should act this one out. | 我们把这封付诸行动吧 |
[18:18] | No, no, actually, I just… I just forwarded you an ad | 不 不 其实 我 我只是转了一个广告 |
[18:21] | for reduced mortgage rates. | 关于降低抵押贷款利率的 |
[18:23] | Then why are you blushing, Frasier? | 那你怎么在脸红 Frasier |
[18:25] | Because they’re embarrassingly low. | 因为实在是特别低 |
[18:29] | This says, “Re: Our relationship”. | 但这标题是”回复 我们的关系” |
[18:31] | All right, you’re on to me. Now, listen, come here and uh… | 好吧 你看穿我了 听着 过来这里 呃 |
[18:34] | sit down and relax. | 坐下放松 |
[18:37] | And I will read it to you. | 我来读给你听 |
[18:41] | Prepare to be… | 准备好 |
[18:43] | scandalised. | 被震撼吧 |
[18:48] | “Dear Abby, I read your column every week.” | “亲爱的Abby 我每个礼拜都拜读你的专栏” |
[18:53] | Kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[18:56] | Uh… No, okay, okay, this time | 好了 好了 这次 |
[18:58] | this is the real stuff now, all right. Um… | 这次是真货 好了 |
[19:04] | “I’m uh… lying here in bed and I… can’t stop thinking about you.” | “我 躺在床上 脑子里忍不住想着你” |
[19:12] | Well, this is getting good. | 终于有点像样了 |
[19:15] | Oh, you like that, do you? All right, uh… | 噢 你喜欢哪 好吧 |
[19:20] | “Your golden hair cascades down your bare shoulders, | “你的金色长发瀑布般落在你的裸肩上 |
[19:28] | “and I kiss the curve at the back of your neck.” | “我亲吻着你脖颈后的线条” |
[19:32] | I’m very lonely over here. | 我在这边好寂寞 |
[19:34] | Oh, gosh, I’ve deleted it by accident. | 哎呀 我不小心把邮件删了 |
[19:37] | Oh, no, that’s too bad. I really wanted to hear the rest of that. | 不 太糟糕了 我好想听剩下的呢 |
[19:43] | Well, you know what? We can write a new ending together. | 这样 我们可以一起写一个新的结尾 |
[19:47] | But there’s no need to rush. | 但不必急着来 |
[19:49] | Listen, we’ll just start very slowly, at the beginning. | 我们可以慢慢地开始 |
[19:58] | And then we’ll move, gently, into the middle. | 然后我们缓缓沉浸入其中 |
[20:05] | And then I’m sure you’ll want to add a few plot twists of your own. | 你肯定想自己加一点情节转折 |
[20:11] | Then finally we’ll just… | 最后我们就 |
[20:14] | What are you reading? | 你在看什么 |
[20:16] | Your e-mail. You printed it by mistake. | 你的邮件 你不小心打印了 |
[20:18] | You think I’m ripping you off!? | 你觉得我在敲你竹杠 |
[20:21] | No! No, no! I did not use those words. | 不 不 不 我没有用这种词汇 |
[20:23] | Actually, I, I just took issue with a couple of figures. | 其实 我 我只是对一些数字持相反意见 |
[20:26] | And you come in here and lie to me!? | 然后你就过来对我撒谎 |
[20:27] | No, “Lie” is a very strong word, uh… | 不 “撒谎”这个词太强烈 呃 |
[20:30] | Well, so is “Chiseller”. | “骗子”也是啊 |
[20:33] | Listen, Abby, I… I, I realize I’ve made a terrible mistake. | 听着 Abby 我 我知道我犯了个大错 |
[20:37] | And I… I wrote some very harsh things. | 我 我写了些刺耳的话 |
[20:39] | But, to my credit, I did attempt to delete it | 但 为自己辩护 我打算删了它的 |
[20:42] | before you had a chance to read it. | 不让你看到啊 |
[20:45] | – Get out. – Oh, come on! | – 滚 – 噢 别啊 |
[20:48] | Look at the two of us. We can’t stay mad at each other. | 看看我们俩 我们不可能对对方生气的 |
[20:50] | I said, get out! | 我说 滚 |
[20:55] | And to think that I almost slept with you. | 我居然差点跟你上床 |
[21:01] | You still can! | 你还是可以的啊 |