时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Who’s up next, Roz? | Roz 下一位是谁 |
[00:09] | We have Cleo from Redmond on line three. | 三号线来自雷德蒙德的Cleo |
[00:13] | Hello, Cleo. I’m listening. | 你好啊 Cleo 我在聆听 |
[00:15] | Hi, Dr. Crane. | 嗨 Crane医生 |
[00:16] | I’ve been dating three different guys | 我同时和三个不同的男人约会 |
[00:18] | and I can’t choose between them. | 不知道该如何取舍 |
[00:20] | Is it that you can’t choose or you don’t want to choose? | 是你不知如何取舍 还是不想取舍呢 |
[00:23] | It’s just hard. One’s really funny, | 太难了 一个真的很风趣 |
[00:25] | one’s adventurous and one’s sensitive. | 一个爱冒险 一个又很感性 |
[00:27] | They’re all gorgeous too. | 他们又都很养眼 |
[00:29] | Oh, excuse me, Cleo. | 哦 不好意思 Cleo |
[00:31] | The show is for people with real problems. | 这个节目是给真正有难题的人的 |
[00:33] | Roz Roz. | |
[00:35] | Um, it sounds to me as if each suitor | 呃 听起来 似乎每个追求者 |
[00:38] | possesses one quality that you admire. | 都具备一个你青睐的特质 |
[00:40] | Rather than choose among them, | 与其从中取舍 |
[00:42] | why not try to find one person who fits all your criteria? | 为什么不找一个集所有于一身的呢 |
[00:45] | Why don’t you call back when you’re a working single mother | 为何不等你变成个在职单身母亲 |
[00:48] | whose choice in dates is between a guy with eight teeth | 约会对象要么老得只剩八颗牙 |
[00:51] | and a guy whose hair is painted on? | 要么头发都是染的 再打电话来呢 |
[00:54] | Sadly, we’re out of time. | 很遗憾 节目时间有限 |
[00:56] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:58] | saying good day, Seattle, and good mental health. | 西雅图 祝你愉快 身心安康 |
[01:01] | Unless, of course, Roz has a problem with that. | 当然了 除非Roz对此有异议 |
[01:09] | Is there something wrong, Roz? | Roz 出什么问题了吗 |
[01:11] | Because if there is, | 因为 如果真有的话 |
[01:12] | we should discuss it before it bleeds into your work. | 咱们应该谈谈 以免你把怨气带到工作中 |
[01:16] | I’m sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[01:18] | I’m just sick of hearing people complain about their love lives | 我只是听烦了人们抱怨自己的感情生活 |
[01:21] | while I face another weekend without plans. | 而我周末又没有安排 |
[01:23] | – Well, I empathize, but… – I know. Look who I’m telling. | – 好吧 我表示同情 但是 – 就是啊 同病相怜嘛 |
[01:29] | It so happens I have big plans this weekend. | 我这周末恰巧有很重要的安排 |
[01:32] | Let me guess: | 让我猜猜 |
[01:33] | You and Niles are playing | 你和Niles又要在 |
[01:35] | your zithers again at the Renaissance Faire. | 文艺复兴集会上弹齐特琴 对吧 |
[01:37] | Get real, Roz. The Renaissance Faire | 别闹了 Roz 文艺复兴集会 |
[01:39] | is a fortnight after Saint Swithin’s Day. | 得在圣斯威逊节后两周呢 |
[01:43] | No, my son is coming to town. In fact, | 不 是我儿子要来了 事实上 |
[01:45] | Dad and Daphne should be picking him up at the airport right now. | 老爸和Dahpne现在应该正在机场接他呢 |
[01:48] | I didn’t know Freddie was coming. | 我都不知道Freddie要来 |
[01:50] | Well, it was sort of last-minute, actually. | 那个 事实上算是临时决定的 |
[01:52] | You know, you remember I had that reunion of sorts | 你记得我和昔日的大学教授Tewksbury博士 |
[01:54] | with my old college mentor, Dr. Tewksbury. | 在某种程度上算是重聚了一下 |
[01:57] | Well, it led to a lot of soul-searching. | 我由此做了许多灵魂上的探索 |
[01:59] | He helped me to realise | 他帮我意识到 |
[02:01] | that I’ve been defining myself by my career, | 我一直以事业为重 |
[02:03] | and it’s time that I rearrange my priorities. | 是时候重新调整一下生活重心了 |
[02:06] | And my first priority is my son. | 而我儿子则是重中之重 |
[02:10] | What is he now, 12? | 他现在多大了 12了吧 |
[02:12] | – No, 13, Roz. – Wow. | – 不是 13了都 Roz – 哇 |
[02:13] | Gosh, you know, the years really have flown by. | 天啊 你知道吗 时间真是过得飞快啊 |
[02:18] | I feel like I’ve missed so much. | 我感觉自己错过了那么多 |
[02:20] | So, what are you guys gonna do? | 那你们爷俩打算一起干点啥 |
[02:21] | Oh, lots of things. I thought we’d go and see a play | 哦 太多了 我打算带他去看场话剧 |
[02:23] | and maybe take in the computer show. | 也许再去参观下电脑展 |
[02:25] | He loved that. And, um… | 他可喜欢了 然后 呃 |
[02:27] | Oh, I’ve decided we are going to read Walden together. | 再要一起读读<瓦尔登湖> |
[02:31] | – Some vacation. – No, no, Roz. It is, actually. | – 这假期过得 – 不 不 Roz 其实一直这么过的 |
[02:34] | You see, every year, we pick a book to read and discuss. | 每年我们都会挑本书来边读边探讨 |
[02:37] | It’s… It’s been sort of a bonding thing between us. | 算是 算是我俩联络感情的一种方式了 |
[02:40] | And, gosh, you know, I hate to brag, | 天啊 你知道的 我不喜欢炫耀 |
[02:42] | but Freddie really is a very articulate young man. | 但是 Freddie真是个口才很好的小大人 |
[02:45] | He’s very imaginative, not to mention what a great sense of humour he has. | 想象力特别丰富 更别提多有幽默感了 |
[02:50] | Oh, that reminds me, Frasier. | 哦 这让我想起来了 Frasier |
[02:51] | Alice said the cutest thing this morning. | Alice今早说的话可有意思了 |
[02:53] | Careful, Roz. You don’t wanna turn into one of those mothers | 小心啊 Roz 你可不想变成那种整天 |
[02:55] | who bores everybody talking about her child. | 谈论自己家孩子 惹人厌的妈妈 |
[03:02] | At level seven, grab the bio-suit and then teleport to the acid tank. | 第七关 穿上生化服 然后瞬移到酸液槽那 |
[03:07] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:08] | Hey, Grandpa, put on MTV, channel 46. | 嘿 爷爷 打开音乐电视 46台 |
[03:10] | All right. | 好的 |
[03:15] | Oh, jeez. What is this? | 哦 妈呀 这是啥啊 |
[03:19] | They’re half nude. That’s just not right. | 他们半裸着呢 这可不像话 |
[03:22] | I saw this one already. | 这个我都看过了 |
[03:28] | Oh, hello, Dad. | 哦 你好啊 老爸 |
[03:30] | Freddie. Ha, ha! Come give your dad a hug. | Freddie 哈哈 过来让老爸抱抱 |
[03:32] | I’ll call you back. | 一会儿再打给你 |
[03:34] | Gosh, it’s so good to see you. Oh! | 天啊 见到你太好了 哦 |
[03:36] | Well, so how was your flight? | 那个 航班怎么样 |
[03:38] | – Eh. – Good, good, good. | – 嗯 – 很好 很好 很好 |
[03:41] | Did you get all your unpacking done? | 整理完行李了吗 |
[03:43] | – Yeah. – Great. | – 是的 – 不错 |
[03:44] | Gosh, really… I’ve been really looking forward to seeing you. | 我一直盼着你来 |
[03:46] | We’re gonna have so much fun. What would you like to do first? | 咱俩一定会玩得很开心 你想先干什么 |
[03:48] | Whatever. | 随便了 |
[03:52] | Hello? Hey, Zack. | 你好 嘿 Zack呀 |
[03:55] | Hang on, let me get some privacy. | 稍等 我找个方便说话的地方 |
[04:03] | Well… | 那个 |
[04:05] | That’s certainly not the greeting I was expecting. | 我期望的可不是这样的 |
[04:08] | I’ve never seen such dancing. | 我还从没见过这样跳舞的呢 |
[04:13] | What do you think those shorts are made of? | 你觉得他们穿的短裤是啥做的 |
[04:20] | Some sort of steel mesh. | 某种钢丝网 |
[04:27] | What the hell are you watching? | 你这是看的什么鬼玩意儿 |
[04:29] | – It’s Freddie’s programme. – Good Lord. | – Freddie看的节目 – 我的天啊 |
[04:33] | He doesn’t seem very happy to be here. | 他好像不太愿意来这儿 |
[04:36] | He hardly said two words to me. | 跟我都没说几句话 |
[04:37] | Oh, it’s perfectly normal. You’re his dad. | 哦 太正常不过了 你是他爸 |
[04:39] | Kids that age don’t wanna talk to their dad. | 这个年龄段的孩子不愿意和老爸聊天 |
[04:42] | I never stopped talking to you. | 我可一直跟你说个没完 |
[04:44] | I know, buddy. | 是啊 伙计 |
[04:49] | – Evening. – Oh, hi, Daph. | – 晚上好 – 哦 嗨 Daph |
[04:51] | Dinner will be ready soon. Niles is joining us. | 晚饭马上就好了 Niles一会儿过来 |
[04:54] | Good, good. | 好的 好的 |
[04:55] | Say, Daphne, did Freddie say anything in the car? | Daphne啊 Freddie在车里跟你说什么了吗 |
[05:00] | Not really. | 没有啊 |
[05:01] | We put your show on the radio. | 我们听你节目来着 |
[05:03] | Heard Roz give that caller the business. | Roz可把那个来电者轰惨了 |
[05:04] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是啊 |
[05:05] | – Oh, I’ll get that. – All right. | – 哦 我来开 – 好的 |
[05:07] | You know, it’s a pity she hasn’t found someone to love. | 你也知道的 她连个爱人都没有 真可怜 |
[05:11] | I mean, what could be sadder than growing old alone? | 我是说 孤老终身真是再悲惨不过了 |
[05:14] | Yeah, I wasn’t talking about you, Dr. Crane. | 哦 我没在说你 Crane医生 |
[05:18] | – You’ve got your father to grow old with. – Ah, yeah. | – 你还有你爸陪你到老呢 – 啊 没错 |
[05:23] | – Niles. – Hello. | – Niles – 你好啊 |
[05:24] | Hi. Mwah. | 嗨 么么 |
[05:25] | Hey, Niles, I didn’t miss a squash date, did I? | 嘿 Niles 咱俩没约一起打壁球吧 |
[05:28] | No, no, no, I was playing with Jack Betcher from the club. | 没有 没有 我和俱乐部里的Jack Betcher一起打的 |
[05:30] | Pummelled me but good. From now on, I’ll stick to playing you. | 把我给连击了 从今起 除了你我就不和别人打了 |
[05:32] | Oh, yes. | 哦 好的 |
[05:35] | – Where’s Freddie? I can’t wait to see him. – Oh, oh, I’ll go and get him. | – Freddie人呢 我等不及要见他 – 哦 我去叫 |
[05:38] | You always smell so masculine after you’ve finished exercising. | 你每次锻炼完 闻起来都超有男人味 |
[05:45] | It’s the mango-kiwi shower gel. | 用了芒果猕猴桃沐浴露的关系 |
[05:53] | – Oh, hi there. – Oh, hello. | – 哦 你好啊 – 哦 你好 |
[05:55] | I’m Jack. I just dropped Niles off. | 我叫Jack 刚送Niles回来 |
[05:56] | – Jack? – You left this in my car. | – Jack – 你把这个落我车上了 |
[05:58] | Oh, thank you. Jack, this is Daphne, my girlfriend. | 哦 谢啦 Jack 这位是Daphne 我女朋友 |
[06:03] | You’re a fine-looking one, aren’t you? | 你长得挺帅的啊你 |
[06:05] | – I don’t know. – Modest, that’s good. | – 不敢当 – 很谦虚 不错啊 |
[06:08] | – I don’t see a wedding ring. You single? – Yes. | – 没看你戴婚戒 你单身吗 – 没错 |
[06:10] | – Looking? – Sure. | – 想找 – 当然 |
[06:11] | For a woman? | 女朋友吗 |
[06:11] | Right. | 没错 |
[06:14] | – Employed? – A surgeon. | – 有工作吗 – 外科医生 |
[06:16] | – Mm. Impressive. – Thanks. | – 嗯 真不错 – 谢谢 |
[06:17] | – Yeah. – Okay. | – 是啊 – 好的 |
[06:18] | Well, it’s good to see you again, Jack. Thanks, goodbye. | 那个 很高兴再次见到你 Jack 谢啦 再见 |
[06:23] | What’s happening? I think I’m having some kind of stroke. | 搞什么飞机 我觉得我要中风了 |
[06:26] | Roz is lonely so I thought I’d try and set her up with someone. | Roz很寂寞 所以我想给她介绍个男朋友 |
[06:30] | Oh, maybe Jack. | 哦 Jack也许不错 |
[06:32] | – Hmm, there’s a thought. – Okay, I get it now . | – 终于转过来了 – 好的 我现在明白了 |
[06:35] | – Here we are. – Oh. Um, hello, Freddie. | – 我们来了 – 哦 你好啊 Freddie |
[06:38] | Hi, Uncle Niles. | 嗨 Niles叔叔 |
[06:40] | – Daphne, would you give us a moment? – Sure. | – Daphne 能让我俩单独待会儿吗 – 当然 |
[06:45] | Freddie, about what you just saw…uh… | Freddie 你刚才看到的 |
[06:47] | I know you’ve always had special feelings for Daphne. | 我知道你一直对Daphne有种特殊的感情 |
[06:50] | And there’s something I need to tell you. | 有些事我需要告诉你 |
[06:51] | I already know about you guys. | 我早就知道你俩的事了 |
[06:54] | Oh. Uh… | 哦 呃 |
[06:56] | And you’re okay with that? | 你不反对吧 |
[06:57] | I liked her when I was a little kid. | 我小的时候喜欢过她 |
[06:59] | I’m over it now. I mean, she’s like 100. | 我已经看开了 我是说 她都老掉渣了 |
[07:06] | She most certainly is not. | 她绝对没有 |
[07:08] | – It just burns you up that I got her… – Niles. | – 我最后得到她 你超不爽才 – Niles |
[07:13] | Why don’t you get us both some sherry? | 你给咱俩倒点雪莉酒去吧 |
[07:20] | Well, Freddie, you know, I…I’ve made | 那个 Freddie 我为 |
[07:21] | some wonderful plans for our time together. | 咱俩定制了好多绝妙的计划 |
[07:23] | I’ve, I’ve already chosen the book we’re going to read. | 我都 我都选好了咱俩要读的书了 |
[07:26] | I’ll give you a hint. | 给你个提示 |
[07:27] | Published in 1854, this paean to self-sufficiency | 1854年出版 是一首献给自给自足的赞歌 |
[07:33] | was known as the cornerstone of the transcendental movement. | 以超验主义的基石闻名于世 |
[07:37] | Oh, oh, oh! | 哦 哦 哦 |
[07:38] | Yes, yes, Niles. I’ll let you get the next one. | 好的 好的 Niles 下一个让你来答 |
[07:42] | – Freddie, any thoughts? – No. | – Freddie 有想法吗 – 没有 |
[07:44] | – Niles? – It’s Walden by Henry David Thoreau. | – Niles – 梭罗写的<瓦尔登湖> |
[07:47] | Of course it is. | 没错 |
[07:50] | “It is life near the bone where it is sweetest.” | “最接近骨头地方的生命最甜蜜” |
[07:53] | Should be the source of much lively discussion, wouldn’t you say? | 是个值得讨论的好话题 对吧 |
[07:56] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[07:58] | Why don’t you just talk about it with Uncle Niles? | 你还是跟Niles叔叔讨论讨论吧 |
[08:02] | Niles Niles? | |
[08:03] | Well, yes, if that’s what you’d like. | 哦 也行啊 如果你这希望如此的话 |
[08:06] | We’ll discuss it together. | 我俩就一起讨论 |
[08:08] | “If the engine whistles, | “如果汽笛啸叫了 |
[08:10] | let it whistle till it is hoarse for its pain.” | 让它叫得沙哑吧” |
[08:12] | Oh, shut up, Niles. | 哦 闭嘴吧 Niles |
[08:20] | Hey, how was the computer expo? | 嘿 电脑博览会怎么样啊 |
[08:22] | Okay. | 还行 |
[08:25] | Say, Freddie, why don’t you tell Grandpa about the new virtual reality…? | Freddie 你来给爷爷讲讲新的虚拟现实 |
[08:29] | And he’s gone. | 这就不搭理我了 |
[08:32] | – So did you have fun? – Oh, yeah. It was a blast. | – 你俩玩得开心吗 – 哦 开心死了 |
[08:35] | He spent the entire time trying to ditch me. | 他一直想摆脱掉我 |
[08:38] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[08:40] | I only get to see Freddie a few times a year. | 我一年也只能见Freddie几次 |
[08:42] | Usually, we make the most of it. | 通常 我们都充分利用 |
[08:44] | Now all he wants to do is play that damn computer game. | 现在呢 他就只想玩他的破电脑游戏 |
[08:47] | Well, you know, Fras, | 那个 你懂的 Fras |
[08:49] | he’s not much different than you were at that age. | 你在他那个年龄也一样 |
[08:51] | Except instead of video screens and electronics, | 只不过你那时 不是掉进游戏和电子设备中 |
[08:53] | you always had your head in books. | 而是一头埋进书堆里 |
[08:55] | – That’s entirely different, Dad. – No, it isn’t. | – 那可完全不同 老爸 – 不 没什么不同 |
[08:57] | We couldn’t get you to do anything. | 我们都说不动你 |
[08:59] | You know, I remember when you read that Walden book. | 我记得你读那本<瓦尔登湖>时 |
[09:01] | It was on the family camping trip. | 咱全家正一起野营呢 |
[09:03] | So? Well, what better time to read about nature? | 那又怎样 野营最适合读有关自然的书了 |
[09:06] | Well, that’s just it. | 喔 说的不就是这个吗 |
[09:07] | While you were in the cabin reading about it, | 你在小木屋里读有关自然的书时 |
[09:08] | we were outside enjoying it. | 我们正在外面享受自然呢 |
[09:12] | You’d rather read about something than experience it firsthand. | 你宁愿在纸上读 也不愿亲自感受一下 |
[09:19] | You know, my mentor remarked on that very thing. | 你知道吗 我的教授也特意强调了这点呢 |
[09:27] | Freddie Freddie. | |
[09:30] | Freddie, I’ve made a decision. We are going to the woods. | Freddie 我刚做了个决定 咱们一起去森林 |
[09:33] | – What for? – We are going camping. | – 为啥啊 – 咱们要去野营 |
[09:36] | – It’ll be good for the both of us. – But I don’t want to. | – 这对咱俩都有好处 – 但我不想去啊 |
[09:38] | Too bad. It’ll be fun. | 不想去也得去 会很有意思的 |
[09:40] | Fathers and sons should do fun things together. | 父子俩应该一起做点有意思的事 |
[09:43] | You and Grandpa don’t do fun things together. | 你和爷爷都不一起做有意思的事啊 |
[09:45] | Hey, leave me out of this. | 嘿 别把我扯进来 |
[09:48] | That’s why he’s coming along as well. | 所以他也得一起去 |
[09:52] | There will be no TV, | 没电视 |
[09:54] | there will be no electronics. There will be no distractions. | 没电子设备 没任何东西会分散注意力 |
[09:57] | Just three generations of Cranes | 只有Crane家三代人 |
[09:59] | cooking over a fire and sleeping under the stars. | 在火上野炊 在星光下露宿 |
[10:02] | We leave at daybreak. | 破晓就出发 |
[10:07] | Good work, Freddie. | 干得漂亮 Freddie |
[10:14] | Oh! What an idyllic spot. | 哦 这可真是世外桃源 |
[10:19] | I’m already beginning to feel like Thoreau. | 我已经开始觉得自己像梭罗了 |
[10:21] | We can’t sleep here. This place bites. | 咱们不能在这过夜 这地方太烂了 |
[10:23] | It does not bite. | 才不烂呢 |
[10:25] | “It is shelter, as good as the best, | “有一座最好的好住所 |
[10:29] | and sufficient for its coarser and simpler wants.” | 来满足他们的粗陋而简单的需要” |
[10:33] | Is that you talking or that guy from Where’s Walden? | 是你在说话 还是<瓦尔登在哪里>里面的那个主角 |
[10:36] | Good one, Freddie. | 太好笑了 Freddie |
[10:38] | Ha ha ha ha. Yes, you know, | 哈 哈 哈 没错 知道吗 |
[10:40] | the two of you may want to immortalise | 你们祖孙俩也许会想永久记录下 |
[10:42] | this good-natured raillery | 这句善意的讥诮 |
[10:43] | in these journals that I bought for you. | 就用我给你们买的这两个本子吧 |
[10:46] | Thanks, but I wouldn’t know what to write. | 谢了 但是我可不知道要写点啥 |
[10:47] | Well, Dad, you simply write down your experiences. | 老爸呀 你就记下自己的经历就行 |
[10:50] | I have to go to the bathroom. | 我得去趟卫生间 |
[10:52] | Freddie, I…I don’t see a bathroom. | Freddie 我 我没看见这有卫生间 |
[10:55] | You’re surrounded by 50,000 acres of it. | 你们周围有5万英亩的卫生间呢 |
[10:57] | Ha-ha-ho! How quaintly rustic. | 哈 哈 真够古雅质朴的啊 |
[11:00] | Yes, Frederick, just pick a tree and make it your own. | 没错 Frederick 选棵树下尿一圈 它就是你的了 |
[11:06] | So, Dad, I thought we might do an activity later. | 那么 老爸 我觉得咱晚些时候可以做点活动 |
[11:10] | – What kind of activity? – Oh, I don’t know. | – 什么活动 – 哦 我也没想好 |
[11:12] | Maybe press some leaves or… or whittle a birdcall | 可以做树叶标本 或者削一个鸟笛 |
[11:16] | and see if we can lure some finches to our sill. | 看看咱们能不能往窗台这儿引来些雀鸟 |
[11:20] | Take it easy now, we wanna save something for tomorrow. | 悠着点啊 还得给明天留点事儿做呢 |
[11:24] | Dad, could you please be a little more supportive? | 老爸 你就不能支持支持我 |
[11:26] | Well, I’d like to, but I tried to get you to come camping a million times | 我倒是想 我以前试了多少次想拉你来野营 |
[11:28] | and you had to wait till playoffs were on. | 你却非等到NBA季后赛才来 |
[11:30] | Dad, you can watch the playoffs all year. | 老爸 你全年都能看到季后赛 |
[11:34] | The kids at the next campsite built a rope swing. | 旁边营地的孩子弄了个绳索秋千 |
[11:36] | – Can I go over? – Don’t see why not. | – 我能去吗 – 没啥不能的 |
[11:38] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[11:41] | – What the hell was that? – It’s just a rope swing. | – 刚才是搞什么鬼 – 就是个绳索秋千而已 |
[11:43] | Wait till he sees us drying leaves in the sun. | 等他看咱在太阳底下晒干树叶时 |
[11:46] | He’ll come running. | 他得屁颠地来 |
[11:48] | You know, I’m just about fed up with your sarcasm. | 你知道吗 我马上要受不了你的挖苦了 |
[11:50] | I’m trying to do some father-son bonding here. So will you just butt out? | 我正努力联络父子感情 你就不能边儿凉快去 |
[11:52] | You know what? I just thought of something to write in this thing. | 你猜怎么着 我刚想好要写点啥了 |
[12:03] | This is a bad idea. My hair’s flat. | 时机不妙啊 我头发都压扁了 |
[12:07] | Never have a good date when my hair is flat. | 头发压扁时约会就没好儿 |
[12:09] | If it’s flat after, that’s a good date. | 要是完事后压扁了 那约会挺成功 |
[12:13] | – Your hair’s not flat, Roz. It’s delightfully frizzy. – Oh. | – 你头发没压扁 Roz 蓬得刚刚好 – 哦 |
[12:19] | – Hello. – Hi. | – 你好 – 嗨 |
[12:20] | Hey, Jack, come in. You remember Daphne. | 嘿 Jack 请进 你还记得Daphne吧 |
[12:22] | – Yes. – This is Roz. | – 是的 – 这位是Roz |
[12:25] | – Hi, Jack. – Hi. | – 嗨 Jack – 嗨 |
[12:27] | So, uh, where are you two going for dinner? | 那么 嗯 你们两位要去哪共进晚餐啊 |
[12:29] | I thought we’d try the Pergola. | 我俩可能去尝尝绿廊餐厅吧 |
[12:31] | They have a garden patio. | 那的花园露天茶座不错 |
[12:32] | Unless you’d rather eat inside. I don’t want you to get cold. | 除非你想在室内用餐 我不希望你冻着 |
[12:36] | Oh, don’t you worry about that. | 哦 你不必担心 |
[12:39] | Come on, Roz, I have a couple of wraps. | 过来 Roz 我有几条披肩 |
[12:41] | You can borrow one. | 可以借条给你 |
[12:44] | – What do you think? – She’s pretty. | – 你觉得怎么样 – 她挺漂亮的 |
[12:46] | You know, I should check my service before we go. | 你猜怎么着 我得在出发前先问问我工作的医院 |
[12:48] | – Okay. Can I pour you some wine? – Sure. | – 好的 需要我给你倒点红酒吗 – 好的 |
[12:52] | It’s Dr. Betcher. | 我是Betcher医生 |
[12:54] | Really? Well, isn’t Dr. Unger on call? | 真的吗 那个 不是Unger医生值班吗 |
[12:56] | I’m kind of busy right now. | 我现在有点忙呢 |
[12:59] | All right, I’m on my way. | 好吧 我这就去 |
[13:01] | There’s an emergency with one of my post-op patients. | 我的一位病人术后出了点情况 |
[13:03] | – Please tell Roz I’m really sorry. – Of course. | – 请帮我向Roz致歉 – 没问题 |
[13:06] | – Thanks, Niles. – Yeah, good luck. | – 谢了 Niles – 没事 祝你好运 |
[13:10] | We need a man’s opinion. | 我们需要些男性建议 |
[13:12] | The velvet trim or the multicoloured? | 是天鹅绒边的好 还是彩色的好 |
[13:15] | – Where’s Jack? – He left. | – Jack人呢 – 他走了 |
[13:17] | – He left? – It was an emergency. | – 他走了 – 出了紧急情况 |
[13:18] | What kind of an emergency? | 什么紧急情况 |
[13:20] | Like he saw me and thought I was a dog emergency? | 他见了我 觉得是恐龙 这样的紧急情况吗 |
[13:24] | – No, no, no. He said you were pretty. – That’s it? | – 不 不 不是 他说了你很漂亮 – 没别的 |
[13:27] | Well, he flew out of here as soon as you left the room. | 那个 你一离开房间他就跑了 |
[13:31] | Oh, God, he was just trying to get out of this date. | 哦 天啊 他就是不想约会 |
[13:33] | – I’ve been dumped. – Oh, I’m sure you weren’t dumped. | – 我被甩了 – 哦 我肯定你没被甩 |
[13:37] | He was paged, right, Niles? | 医院传呼他 对吧 Niles |
[13:39] | Oh, yeah, the old fake page routine. | 哦 没错 老套的假装传呼套路 |
[13:41] | No, no, no, not even. He actually called in. | 不 不 才不是呢 其实是他打过去的 |
[13:47] | – I should go. – We understand, you wanna be alone. | – 我得走了 – 我们很理解 你想一个人静静 |
[13:49] | No, Roz, I won’t hear of it. You’ll stay right here with us. | 别啊 Roz 我不同意 你得和我们待一起 |
[13:52] | Oh, I don’t wanna be a pain. You guys have a big evening planned. | 哦 我不想招人烦 你俩都计划好二人世界了 |
[13:55] | Roz, you are so considerate. | Roz 你太懂事了 |
[13:58] | We can have an evening any old time. You’ll stay for dinner. | 我们什么时候都能二人世界 你得留下来吃晚餐 |
[14:01] | – All right. – Allow me. | – 好吧 – 我来吧 |
[14:04] | Well, what are we having? ‘Cause I don’t like fish. | 那个 咱们吃什么 我可不喜欢吃鱼 |
[14:13] | Oh, Freddie, there you are. Thank goodness. | 哦 Freddie 你可算回来了 谢天谢地 |
[14:15] | Can I have dinner with these guys? They’re having sloppy joes. | 我能和这些伙伴一起吃吗 他们晚上吃牛肉汉堡 |
[14:18] | I’m sorry, but Frederick | 我很抱歉 但是Frederick |
[14:19] | is going to be having dinner with his family this evening. | 今晚得和他的家人一起用餐 |
[14:21] | Come on, Dad. | 拜托 老爸 |
[14:23] | That’s okay. Come by later. We’re making S’mores. | 没事 晚些时候过来吧 我们做果塔饼干 |
[14:26] | Yes, we’ll see. All right, now off you go, young people. | 好的 再说吧 好了 年轻人 都走吧 |
[14:31] | Just sit down, Frederick, and eat your meal. | 快坐下 Frederick 吃饭 |
[14:34] | – Have a good time? – I guess. | – 玩得开心吗 – 算是吧 |
[14:38] | What’d you do? | 你们都玩什么了 |
[14:40] | We played some Frisbee. | 玩了会儿飞盘 |
[14:41] | Sucked with all those trees in the way. | 太多树挡道 挺闹心的 |
[14:46] | Yes, well, perhaps one day civilisation will cut down all those trees | 是啊 也许有天人类文明会砍光所有的树 |
[14:51] | and pave over this grand wilderness. | 铲平这片广袤的原野 |
[14:52] | Then you and your friends can play Frisbee without constraint. | 那时你们就能毫无阻碍地玩飞盘了 |
[14:55] | How would that be? | 那怎么样 |
[14:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:59] | I’m done. Can I go now? | 我吃饱了 能走了吗 |
[15:00] | – No. – Why not? | – 不行 – 为啥不行啊 |
[15:02] | Because this is your first camping trip | 因为这是你第一次野营 |
[15:03] | and we’re gonna have to enjoy it together. | 咱们必须一起好好享受 |
[15:05] | This isn’t my first camping trip. | 这不是我第一次野营 |
[15:08] | – You never told me that. – I don’t tell you a lot of things. | – 你从没告诉过我 – 我没告诉过你的事儿多了 |
[15:11] | Oh. I see. | 哦 我明白了 |
[15:14] | Well, you may go. | 好吧 你可以走了 |
[15:22] | So… | 那么 |
[15:24] | he’s been camping before. | 他以前野营过 |
[15:27] | Instead of this being something special between us, | 野营非但没成为我俩间的特别回忆 |
[15:28] | it’s just another thing I’ve missed out on. | 反而成了又一件我错过的事 |
[15:31] | This trip was a bust from the get-go. | 这次旅行从开始就不顺当 |
[15:33] | We leave at daybreak. | 咱们破晓回程 |
[15:37] | What’s with you and daybreak? | 你对破晓这词有什么特殊情结 |
[15:41] | I’m gonna see if those kids have a generous grandpa with a six-pack. | 我要去看看那些孩子的爷爷有没有啤酒 |
[15:44] | Sit. | 坐下 |
[15:58] | I once dated a guy who was so grabby, | 我曾经约会过一个超级毛手毛脚的家伙 |
[16:00] | I jumped out of his car while it was still moving. | 车还开着 我就不得不跳了下去 |
[16:03] | Did I ever tell you about this jerk named Nick? | 我跟没跟你说过一个叫Nick的混蛋 |
[16:06] | I dated a Nick. | 我也处过个Nick |
[16:09] | My Nick had a silent G at the beginning of his name. | 我的Nick名字以不发音的G开头 |
[16:11] | He was Vietnamese. | 他是个越南人 |
[16:15] | I wonder who this could be. | 这会是谁啊 |
[16:19] | Oh, what an incredible surprise. | 哦 真是出乎意料 |
[16:22] | It’s Hans. Hans, come in. | 是Hans Hans 请进 |
[16:23] | Roz, Daphne, this is Hans. | Roz Daphne 这位是Hans |
[16:25] | He’s a doctor from my building. | 他是位医生 跟我住一栋楼 |
[16:27] | Nice to meet you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[16:28] | Hello, Hans. What brings you by? | 你好 Hans 什么风把你吹来了 |
[16:31] | I’m a friend of Frasier. | 我是Frasier的朋友 |
[16:33] | Uh, I was downstairs, so I thought I’d pop by, see if he was in. | 呃 我刚在楼下 所以上来看看他在不在 |
[16:37] | – Yeah, well, he’s not. – But still you could stay for a drink. | – 那个 他不在 – 你可以留下来喝一杯 |
[16:40] | Why don’t come here? Sit next to Roz. | 你过来 坐Roz旁边吧 |
[16:42] | Niles, help me fix those drinks, will you? | Niles 帮我给大家弄些喝的吧 |
[16:45] | Yes, dear. | 好的 亲爱的 |
[16:48] | Doctor my eye. That’s Ted, the moron from the deli. | 医生个头 那家伙是在熟食店工作的傻瓜Ted |
[16:54] | – Are you sure? – Oh, stop it. | – 你确定吗 – 哦 别装了 |
[16:57] | You invited him over here for Roz. | 你是为了Roz才把他叫来的 |
[16:58] | Well, she’s in no mood to be trifled with. | 她可没心情被糊弄 |
[17:00] | – Neither am I. – I’m sorry. I was trying to help. | – 我也一样 – 我很抱歉 我只想帮忙而已 |
[17:02] | Yeah, well, if you want to help, get rid of him. | 哦 如果你想帮忙 就把他弄走 |
[17:05] | Love you. | 爱你哦 |
[17:11] | Can you believe this, Daphne? | 你能相信吗 Daphne |
[17:13] | Roz, I am so sorry. This evening’s been a disaster. | Roz 我太抱歉了 今晚真是糟透了 |
[17:16] | No, I mean, things are looking up. | 不 我想说的是 已经出现转机了 |
[17:17] | Hans and I are really hitting it off. | Hans和我真的很投缘 |
[17:19] | Do you have any mints in here? | 你这儿有薄荷吗 |
[17:21] | – Try the cupboards. – Thanks. | – 看看橱柜里 – 谢了 |
[17:23] | I have a really good feeling about Hans. | 我真的觉得和Hans很有发展 |
[17:26] | He’s very funny. | 他超幽默 |
[17:27] | He just told me he was chief doctor of Brainiactrics. | 他刚才还说自己是”脑病学”主治医生呢 |
[17:34] | – Where did he go? – I gave him the boot. He’s gone. | – 他去哪了 – 我把他解雇了 他走了 |
[17:37] | – Who’s gone? – Hans. He had an emergency. | – 谁走了 – Hans 他有点急事 |
[17:40] | – Oh, you’ve gotta be kidding me. – Oh, Roz…he | – 哦 这是在逗我呢吧 – 哦 Roz 他 |
[17:43] | I thought this one liked me. | 我以为这个看上我了呢 |
[17:44] | Man, I’ve driven away two doctors in one night. | 天啊 我一晚上都吓跑俩医生了 |
[17:48] | No, Hans is just the…the meat slicer from the deli. | 不 Hans是熟食店的切肉工 |
[17:53] | And that’s supposed to make me feel better? | 说这个是为了让我好受不成 |
[17:57] | Oh, God, I just wanna put this whole night behind me. | 哦 天啊 我只想忘了今晚 |
[18:00] | I don’t blame you one bit. | 不怪你会这么想 |
[18:02] | I’m sure it will all look better in the morning. | 我相信明早会好起来的 |
[18:04] | I sure hope so. | 我真心这么希望 |
[18:05] | You two have listened to enough of my problems for one night. | 你俩一晚上没少听我唠叨 |
[18:13] | Oh, look, Titanic just started. | 哦 看啊 <泰坦尼克号>开演了 |
[18:22] | When you hear that scratching at your window late at night, | 当你深夜听到有人挠你家窗户 |
[18:27] | remember that young couple and Fork Hand. | 别忘了那对年轻爱侣和叉子手哦 |
[18:35] | Aw… | 噢 |
[18:39] | Oh, come on, that’s scary stuff. | 哦 拜托 这多吓人啊 |
[18:42] | I told that to Duke last summer | 我去年夏天给Duke讲这个故事 |
[18:43] | and he wet his sleeping bag. | 吓得他把睡袋都尿了 |
[18:47] | Wait a minute. Isn’t this Duke’s sleeping bag? | 等等 这不就是Duke的睡袋吗 |
[18:51] | – Now you’re scared. – Ha-ha. | – 现在吓着你了吧 – 哈哈 |
[18:57] | Oh, gosh, Dad. | 哦 天啊 老爸 |
[18:59] | I’m sorry I snapped at you earlier. | 我很抱歉之前冲你发火 |
[19:02] | You know, I guess I was just | 我猜我只是 |
[19:03] | hoping this trip might give me and Frederick | 希望这次旅行能让我和Frederick拥有 |
[19:06] | some sort of, I don’t know, golden moment. | 某种 我也说不清 美好时光吧 |
[19:13] | – I guess I’m just disappointed. – I know. | – 我猜我只是有些失望吧 – 我理解 |
[19:16] | But you know, | 但是你知道吗 |
[19:17] | none of this would be happening if we had a TV. | 如果有个电视的话就不会有这些破事了 |
[19:21] | TV makes everyone get along. | 电视让大伙相处融洽 |
[19:27] | – Oh, hey, buddy. – Hi, Fred. | – 哦 嘿 伙计 – 嗨 Fred |
[19:28] | – Well, I’ll just take a little walk. – All right. | – 那个 我要出去走走 – 好的 |
[19:32] | – See you in a bit, Dad. – All right. | – 待会见 老爸 – 好的 |
[19:35] | Frederick, we’re gonna be leaving in the morning. | Frederick 咱们早上就返程 |
[19:39] | But I don’t wanna go. | 但是 我不想走 |
[19:41] | No? I thought you’d be dying to get back to your Game Boy. | 不想走吗 我以为你都想死你的游戏机了呢 |
[19:44] | Well, yeah, but I kind of made plans. | 那个 没错 但是我有约了 |
[19:47] | Oh, really? With who? | 哦 真的吗 和谁啊 |
[19:50] | – Nobody. – Oh, then, you don’t have plans. | – 没谁 – 哦 那你就是没约啊 |
[19:52] | We leave at… Nine-ish. | 咱们就九点左右出发 |
[19:57] | Okay, fine. I have plans with Melody. | 好吧 我和Melody有约 |
[20:02] | – The S’mores girl? – Yeah. | – 那个果塔饼干女孩 – 没错 |
[20:05] | She’s cute. | 她挺可爱的 |
[20:06] | She’s a cheerleader. | 她是拉拉队长 |
[20:08] | Ho-ho! | 吼吼 |
[20:11] | I remember a particular cheerleader from my youth. | 我记得我年少时的一个拉拉队长 |
[20:15] | Lorna. She was a beautiful girl. | Lorna 她是个美丽的小姑娘 |
[20:19] | In fact, I was so intimidated by her, | 事实上 我被她给震摄住了 |
[20:21] | I…I could never even work up the courage to approach her. | 从来没敢接近她 |
[20:23] | – Dad. – Damn it. | – 老爸 – 奶奶的 |
[20:25] | I kissed her. | 我吻了她 |
[20:29] | Oh. | 哦 |
[20:30] | I know. It was her first time. | 就是说啊 还是她的初吻呢 |
[20:36] | It was my first time too. | 也是我的初吻 |
[20:39] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[20:41] | Don’t tell Mom about this, okay? | 别告诉妈妈 行吗 |
[20:43] | She’d ask all kinds of stupid questions. | 她会问些蠢问题的 |
[20:45] | Don’t worry, son. It’s just between you and me. | 别担心 儿子 你知我知 |
[20:50] | You know, I think I’ll write for a while before bed. | 你知道吗 我觉得睡前我要写点东西 |
[20:59] | Whoa. Did you see the stuff that Grandpa wrote about you? | 哦 你看过爷爷写的这些有关你的东西了吗 |
[21:02] | Give me that. | 给我拿来 |