时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | – Oh, thanks. – Hey, Dad. | – 喔 谢了 – 嘿 老爸 |
[00:15] | Hello. Hey, boy, you miss me, huh? | 你好啊 嘿 小伙儿 你想我了啊 哈 |
[00:19] | So how was your trip, Mr. Crane? | 你的旅程怎么样 Crane先生 |
[00:21] | Oh, the hunting was awful. Didn’t bag a damn thing. | 喔 狩猎糟透了 什么都没打着 |
[00:25] | Duke and I sat there for two days just waiting for something to happen. | Duke跟我呆坐了两天 就盼着能发生点什么 |
[00:29] | Like when Frasier took me to see Nicholas Nickleby. | 就跟那次Frasier带我去看<尼古拉斯·尼克贝>一样 |
[00:33] | Thank God this time I had a gun. | 谢天谢地这一次我带了把枪 |
[00:37] | Dinner is almost ready. | 晚饭快好了 |
[00:38] | Shall I set you a place or | 你要跟我们一块儿吃还是 |
[00:39] | would it make you feel better to go out and shoot your own eggplant? | 你更乐意自己出去用枪打个茄子回来 |
[00:44] | Ugh. Dad, what have I told you about bivouacking in the entryway? | 呃 老爸 不是告诉过你不要在门口露营吗 |
[00:47] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[00:49] | Well, how was your hunting trip? | 你的狩猎之旅怎么样 |
[00:51] | – Uh, came home empty-handed. – Oh, dear. | – 空手而归啊 – 喔 这下好了 |
[00:54] | I Guess that means the next several | 看来之后几个星期 |
[00:55] | weeks we’ll hear you grouse about the grouse, | 我们都要听你叽歪 |
[00:57] | and carp about the carp. | 打鸡打歪了 |
[01:00] | Been working on that, haven’t you? | 这句话排练过吧 是不是 |
[01:02] | Well, there was traffic. | 路上挺堵的 |
[01:06] | Oh, uh, Daphne, I have to take the roast out of the oven. | 噢 Daphne 我得把鸡从烤箱里拿出来 |
[01:08] | I need the recipe for the glaze. | 我需要酱汁的配方 |
[01:10] | Could you get it? | 你能帮我拿一下吗 |
[01:10] | It’s in my briefcase in the burnt-sienna-coloured folder. | 就在我包里那个烧赭色的文件夹 |
[01:13] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[01:15] | Brown. But don’t tell anyone I know that. | 那是棕色 但不要告诉别人我能认出这颜色 |
[01:22] | Dad, sorry to hear your trip was a bust. | 老爸 真遗憾你的狩猎之旅不顺利 |
[01:24] | Oh, it’s all right. It wasn’t so bad. | 喔 没什么 也不是那么糟 |
[01:26] | You know, the worst day of hunting still beats the best day of working. | 狩猎再糟糕也比上班强 |
[01:29] | You don’t work either. | 你又不上班 |
[01:31] | You don’t think it’s work talking to you? | 你不觉得是班在上你吗 |
[01:34] | Duke, on the other hand, is a lot of fun. | 相比之下 Duke就有意思多了 |
[01:36] | You know, he can fit 27 marshmallows into his mouth at one time. | 你知道吗 他能一次往嘴里塞27个棉花糖 |
[01:46] | – What was that? – What was what? | – 什么声音 – 你说什么 |
[01:50] | – That. That’s a cricket. – How’d that get in here? | – 就是这声音 是个蟋蟀 – 蟋蟀怎么进来的 |
[01:52] | It must have stowed away in your gear. Get rid of it. | 肯定是你拿装备的时候带进来的 赶紧去处理了 |
[01:54] | Oh, don’t worry, Eddie will take care of it. | 喔 别担心 Eddie会处理的 |
[01:56] | Terriers are born hunters. Go get him, boy. | 梗犬是天生的猎手 去抓蟋蟀吧小伙儿 |
[02:07] | – So this woman is in love with you. – What? | – 所以这女人是爱上你了吧 – 什么 |
[02:12] | Heather Murphy. It says right here she’s obsessed with you. | Heather Murphy 这上面说她对你痴迷得不行 |
[02:15] | Oh, wrong file. You’re not supposed to look at that. | 噢 不是这个文件夹 你不应该看这些的 |
[02:18] | Yeah, I can see why. | 嗯 我猜得到原因 |
[02:19] | And when were you planning on telling me about this? | 你本来打算什么时候告诉我这事儿 |
[02:21] | Um, never. | 下辈子 |
[02:23] | Give me this. These are session notes. They’re confidential. | 拿给我 这些是治疗笔记 是保密的 |
[02:26] | But she is in love with you? | 但她确实是爱上你了吗 |
[02:28] | First of all, I can’t discuss the woman in this file, | 首先 我不能讨论文件夹里的这个女人 |
[02:30] | which, by the way, is clearly umber and not burnt sienna. | 顺便说一句 这文件夹明显是焦茶色而不是烧赭色 |
[02:34] | I can tell you that it’s very common for patients to displace feelings | 病人把对其他人的感情 |
[02:38] | they have for someone else onto their psychiatrist. | 投射到心理医生身上 是很常见的情况 |
[02:40] | It’s called transference. | 叫做移情现象 |
[02:42] | So even if a patient thinks | 所以就算一个病人觉得 |
[02:44] | she might be in love with me, she really isn’t. | 她或许爱上我了 其实并不是这样的 |
[02:45] | And usually those feelings disappear as therapy progresses. | 随着治疗的深入 这些情感通常会消失 |
[02:49] | – Okay? – Okay. | – 明白了吗 – 懂了 |
[02:52] | So how did she tell you? Did she come on to you? | 她怎么告诉你的 她勾引你了吗 |
[02:55] | Did she try and kiss you? | 她试着吻你吗 |
[02:56] | I can’t tell you. | 我不能告诉你 |
[03:00] | All right, I understand. Your little secret. | 好 我懂 你的小秘密 |
[03:05] | Just blink, once for yes and twice for no. | 眨眼就行 眨一下代表是 眨两下代表不是 |
[03:09] | – I think it’s coming from in here. – What? | – 我觉得是从这里面传出来的 – 啥 |
[03:11] | Dad has brought home a cricket. | 老爸带了只蟋蟀进来 |
[03:13] | A cricket? Get behind me, Daphne. | 一只蟋蟀 躲我后面来Daphne |
[03:19] | Everybody, freeze. | 大家都别动 |
[03:21] | Don’t move a muscle. | 屏住呼吸 |
[03:34] | Well, | 嗯 |
[03:36] | I hope that cricket saw what I just did to this toasted almond. | 我希望那只蟋蟀看见我刚才对这个杏仁做了什么 |
[03:45] | I tell you, Roz, it was the worst night of my life. | 我告诉你 Roz 昨晚是我有生以来最糟糕的一晚 |
[03:48] | Just as I’d begin to doze off, | 我正要睡着 |
[03:49] | the cricket would start stridulating again. | 那个蟋蟀就又开始叫 |
[03:51] | Honestly, have you had an idea what it’s like | 老实说 你知不知道 |
[03:53] | to be awakened intermittently throughout a night? | 一晚上不停被吵醒是什么滋味 |
[03:55] | I have a 3-year-old. I can’t | 我有个三岁小孩 |
[03:57] | remember the last time I slept through a night. | 我都不记得上一次安稳觉是什么时候了 |
[03:58] | Yes, of course, but this | 你说得没错 |
[03:59] | constant chirping and chirping, over and over. | 但是这一波接一波的喳喳声 |
[04:02] | – Really, you can’t imagine it. – Really? | – 说真的 你体会不了 – 是吗 |
[04:05] | Did the cricket crawl into bed with you? | 那个蟋蟀钻进你被子里了吗 |
[04:07] | Did the cricket throw up on you? | 那个蟋蟀吐在你身上了吗 |
[04:12] | Gee, I wish I had a 3-year-old so I could win every argument. | 老天 真希望我有个三岁小孩 我就可以逢吵必胜了 |
[04:19] | – Hey, Daphne. – Hey, Roz. | – 嘿 Daphne – 嘿 Roz |
[04:20] | – Oh, hi, Daph. – Dr. Crane. | – 噢 嗨 Daph – Crane医生 |
[04:22] | Oh, that scone looks good. | 噢 那个司康饼看起来好好吃 |
[04:24] | Yes, well, it’s all right. | 嗯 还行而已 |
[04:26] | They call it Nervosa Berry, | 他们说这是纳瓦沙莓 |
[04:28] | but I’m convinced it’s just yesterday’s banana. | 但我很确定其实是过夜的香蕉 |
[04:32] | I have half a mind to have a discussion about it. | 我很想去跟经理谈谈 |
[04:34] | You should. So, what do you know about transference? | 你应该去 话说 移情现象你了解得多吗 |
[04:39] | Well, more than most. | 嗯 非常了解 |
[04:41] | Is it true that patients can actually fall in love with their therapist? | 病人真的会爱上他们的心理医生吗 |
[04:45] | Oh, yes, yes. As a matter of fact, it’s quite common. | 噢 当然 实际上这是很常见的现象 |
[04:47] | You see, in a therapeutic setting, | 在一个治疗环境下 |
[04:50] | a doctor’s empathy can be misconstrued as romantic interest, | 医生的同情会被误解成爱情 |
[04:55] | especially when the patient is of a particularly vulnerable nature. | 尤其当患者处于脆弱的状况之下 |
[04:59] | But therapists never return those feelings, right? | 但是医生不会对患者也产生爱情 对吧 |
[05:01] | Well, they’re not supposed to. But it does happen. Ahh. | 嗯 通常不会 但也时有发生 呃 |
[05:05] | Well, I mean, think about it, really. I mean, we are human. | 我是说 你想想 我们都是人 |
[05:10] | Transference can be very, very powerful. | 移情现象有时很难处理 |
[05:14] | I remember back in my days of private practise, | 我记得我独自行医的时候 |
[05:16] | ah, I did have my share of female adulation. | 确实有不少女人谄媚 |
[05:20] | Oh, my God. Were you able to cure them? | 我的天 你治好了她们这个毛病吗 |
[05:26] | I’m not a miracle worker, Roz. | 我不是上帝 Roz |
[05:31] | – Do you smell bananas? – I knew it. You smell it too. | – 你觉得这个闻着像香蕉吗 – 我就知道你也闻到了 |
[05:35] | Excuse me, this day-old scone is fooling no one. | 打扰一下 别想拿这个过夜的司康饼糊弄我 |
[05:38] | Don’t you walk away from me. Don’t you dare walk away from me. | 你再走一步试试 你再走一步我看看 |
[05:46] | – Okay, so who is she? – Who’s who? | – 说吧 她是谁 – 你说谁 |
[05:49] | Niles’ patient. | Niles的病人 |
[05:51] | All right. I saw one of his files by mistake. | 好吧 我不小心看见了他的笔记 |
[05:54] | The woman is madly in love with him. | 那女人简直为他痴狂 |
[05:56] | – So who is she? – Her name is Heather Murphy. | – 她叫什么 – Heather Murphy |
[05:59] | Heather, huh? That’s trouble. | Heather 啊 不好对付 |
[06:03] | What else do you know? | 你还知道什么 |
[06:05] | Well, that’s it. I only got a quick look at the file. | 就这么多 笔记我就瞅了一眼 |
[06:07] | – So, what are you gonna do? – Nothing. | – 你准备怎么办 – 什么都不干 |
[06:10] | Niles said he can’t talk about his patients, | Niles说他不能讨论他的病人 |
[06:13] | so, what choice do I have? I should trust him. | 我能怎么办 我应该相信他 |
[06:17] | If I found out some babe was after my guy, | 要是我知道那个女人纠缠我男人 |
[06:19] | I would have to know everything about her: | 我肯定把她户口都查出来 |
[06:22] | What she looks like, her profession, | 长什么样 干什么工作 |
[06:24] | what she’s being treated for. | 她去治的是什么病 |
[06:25] | Yeah, I don’t think that’s relevant. | 治的是什么病跟这个没关系吧 |
[06:27] | What if she’s a sex addict? | 万一她是个性爱狂呢 |
[06:29] | You can be treated for that? | 这也能治吗 |
[06:32] | So they say. | 反正他们是这么说的 |
[06:44] | – Damn it. – Oh, jeez, you still at it? | – 去你大爷的 – 噢天 你还在纠结啊 |
[06:47] | Why don’t you go to your room? | 去你房间待着不就行了 |
[06:48] | You won’t even hear the thing if you close your door. | 把门关上就听不见了 |
[06:52] | Close my door? | 把门关上哈 |
[06:54] | And just concede defeat. I know, here’s a better idea: | 然后缴械投降 我有个更好的想法 |
[06:57] | I’ll move out and let him have the run of the place. | 我干脆直接搬出去 把这地方都让给它 |
[06:59] | That’s good. I’ll have two apartments. | 这就好了 我有两套房子 |
[07:01] | One for me, one for my cricket. | 一套给我 一套给我的蟋蟀 |
[07:05] | I tried closing my door. I could still hear it. | 我试过关门了 还是能听到 |
[07:09] | Dear God, can’t you make him shut up? | 上帝啊 你能不能让它闭嘴 |
[07:14] | That prayer doesn’t get answered around here. | 祈祷在这儿可没用 |
[07:19] | This is your fault. You’re the one who brought him here. | 这是你的错 你把这蟋蟀带进来的 |
[07:22] | What’s the big deal? | 有什么可大惊小怪的 |
[07:23] | If you were paying to stay in some country inn, | 你要是花钱去住农家乐 |
[07:26] | you’d be loving the sound of crickets. | 还巴不得能听见蟋蟀叫呢 |
[07:27] | Yes, and a babbling brook too. | 对 我还喜欢听流水声 |
[07:28] | But that doesn’t mean I want one surging through my condo. | 但不代表我希望家里有条河 |
[07:33] | – I’m calling an exterminator. – No. You can’t do that. | – 我要打电话叫杀虫队 – 不 你不能这么干 |
[07:35] | The chemicals are too dangerous for Eddie. | 那些化学物质对Eddie来说太危险了 |
[07:37] | Fine. You have 24 hours to get that intruder out of here, | 好 你有24小时把那个入侵者赶出去 |
[07:40] | or I’m calling, Eddie or no Eddie. | 不然我就打电话 管特么Eddie不Eddie |
[07:47] | It taunts me. | 它还嘲讽我 |
[07:57] | So how was your day? | 今天过得怎么样 |
[08:00] | Fine. Thank you. | 挺好的 谢谢关心 |
[08:02] | – Why don’t you tell me about it? – What do you mean? | – 跟我说说呗 – 你什么意思 |
[08:06] | You know, couples come home, they talk about their day. | 你懂得 小两口儿回家 聊聊他们这一天怎么过的 |
[08:09] | Why don’t you ever want to share? | 你怎么从来不跟我分享一下 |
[08:11] | Well, I suppose I’m not used to it. | 没这个习惯 |
[08:14] | Maris always needed silence to cope with her chronic migraines. | Maris喜静 因为她有慢性偏头痛 |
[08:19] | Mel couldn’t talk. | Mel不能说话 |
[08:20] | She’d be wearing the moulds from her teeth-bleaching kit. | 她刚做完牙齿美白 还带着牙套 |
[08:24] | Well, I’m interested. | 我挺感兴趣的 |
[08:26] | Why don’t you tell me something about your day? | 干嘛不跟我说说呢 |
[08:28] | Okay. Let me think. | 好啊 让我想想 |
[08:32] | I saw the best pair of driving gloves. | 我看见了有史以来最好的驾驶手套 |
[08:36] | That’s good. Anything else? | 不错啊 其他的呢 |
[08:40] | I had a Cobb salad for lunch. | 我午餐吃了科布沙拉 |
[08:44] | You’re right, that was fun. Okay, I’m going to go brush my teeth. | 你说的对 挺有意思的 好 我要去刷牙了 |
[08:47] | – I’ll be right back. – Okay. | – 一会儿就回来 – 好的 |
[08:56] | Julia Roberts just signed on for $20 million | 茱莉亚·罗伯茨刚刚签下了2000万美元的合约 |
[08:59] | to play a woman who falls in love with her psychiatrist. | 出演一位爱上自己心理医生的女人 |
[09:02] | Of course, she gets him in the end. Sound familiar, Daphne? | 当然 她最后得到他了 听起来耳熟吗Daphne |
[09:08] | Look in the briefcase. I know I would. | 看看公文包里有什么 我就会这么干 |
[09:10] | And now let’s hit the beach… | 接下来去沙滩看 |
[09:34] | – Oh, thank God. – What? | – 噢 谢天谢地 – 啥 |
[09:37] | – I missed you. – Mm. I missed you too. | – 我想你了 – 嗯 我也想你 |
[09:43] | Oh, my beeper’s going off. | 噢 我的呼机响了 |
[09:45] | Let’s see what we can do about that. | 我们应该怎么”办”呢 |
[09:46] | Oh. It could be an emergency. | 噢 可能是急事儿 |
[09:49] | – Who is it? – Oh, uh, it’s a patient. | – 是谁啊 – 呃 是个病人 |
[09:52] | That woman? | 是那个女人吗 |
[09:55] | I really can’t talk about it, Daphne. | 我真的不能谈论这个 Daphne |
[09:57] | I’m sorry, I may be a while. | 对不起 我可能要去一会儿 |
[10:29] | You sleeping? | 你在睡觉呢 |
[10:31] | I was trying to. | 正在试着睡 |
[10:33] | I’m attempting to rearrange my schedule. | 我准备调整一下作息时间 |
[10:36] | Apparently His Royal Chirpiness is nocturnal, | 很明显蟋蟀大帝喜欢夜间活动 |
[10:40] | so I have to be as well. | 所以我也得这么干 |
[10:42] | I got the answer to the problem right here in this box. | 我有解决的办法 就在这个盒子里 |
[10:47] | What, we couldn’t squash him with the shoes we already own? | 怎么 我们不能用旧鞋拍死它吗 |
[10:50] | Not shoes. Eddie’s vet told me to get a gecko. | 不是鞋 Eddie的兽医告诉我去弄一个壁虎 |
[10:54] | It’s a cricket predator. You know, | 壁虎是蟋蟀的天敌 你懂的 |
[10:56] | like you get ladybugs to eat aphids, | 就像你用瓢虫去对付蚜虫一样 |
[10:58] | if somebody would let me grow tomatoes on the terrace. | 要不是有人不让我在阳台上种番茄 |
[11:01] | Dad, I told you, it’s a condo board regulation. | 老爸 我跟你说过了 物业有规定 |
[11:03] | No fruiting plants. | 不能种水果植物 |
[11:05] | Whatever. Anyway, just give me a half an hour, | 无所谓了 总之 给我半个小时 |
[11:08] | and I’ll have that pesky cricket | 我会把那只烦人的蟋蟀 |
[11:09] | out of the kitchen and inside this gecko. | 从厨房弄到这只壁虎肚子里 |
[11:15] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[11:17] | So we set a lizard loose to catch the cricket. | 我们放一只蜥蜴去抓蟋蟀 |
[11:22] | Then what? | 然后呢 |
[11:24] | We get an owl to eat the gecko? | 我们再弄只猫头鹰把壁虎吃了吗 |
[11:27] | Then we get a tiger to eat the owl? | 然后找只老虎把猫头鹰吃了 |
[11:29] | What eats the tiger, Dad? Tell me that. | 什么东西能吃老虎 告诉我老爸 告诉我 |
[11:32] | – An alligator, for one, smart guy. – Oh. | – 鳄鱼就是一个 你个蠢材 – 噢 |
[11:35] | But that’s not gonna happen, and you know why? | 那不会发生的 你知道为什么吗 |
[11:37] | Because we put a little harness on the gecko so it doesn’t run away. | 因为我们用一根绳子拴住壁虎 它就跑不了了 |
[11:42] | This just gets better and better. | 简直越来越好玩儿了 |
[11:44] | Thought I had some twine here. | 我记得我有几根绳子在这的啊 |
[11:46] | Well, I used it to stabilise a veal shank. | 我用来固定牛排了 |
[11:49] | Why don’t you just make a little harness out of, uh, dental floss? | 你干嘛不自己做根绳子 比如说牙线什么的 |
[11:52] | Hey, that’s not bad. | 嘿 想法不错啊 |
[11:55] | I wasn’t serious. | 我是开玩笑的 |
[11:56] | Not my cinnamon waxed. | 不要用我的肉桂牙线 |
[12:08] | I changed my mind. I can’t go through with this. | 我改主意了 我干不了这个 |
[12:09] | You have to, Daphne. | 你必须得这么做Daphne |
[12:10] | You know you’re not gonna sleep until you see what Heather looks like. | 除非你知道这个Heather长啥样 不然不会安心的 |
[12:13] | I thought I’d feel better once i got a look at her file. | 我以为看了那个文件会感觉好一点 |
[12:15] | Instead, I feel worse. | 结果更糟了 |
[12:17] | She’s successful, well-travelled, well-educated. | 她事业有成 周游列国 博学多才 |
[12:20] | What if she’s gorgeous too? | 万一她还倾国倾城怎么办 |
[12:22] | Daphne You’ve got this all built up in your head. | Daphne 这都是你自己想象的 |
[12:24] | Once you see her, you’ll know what you’re up against. | 你见到她之后 才知道她是个什么人 |
[12:26] | – I suppose. But if we get caught? – We lie. | – 应该吧 万一我们被发现了怎么办 – 撒谎 |
[12:29] | – I’m a terrible liar. – Listen up. Lying is all about confidence. | – 我最不会撒谎了 – 听着 撒谎全靠自信 |
[12:33] | As long as you’re confident, | 只要你看起来很自信 |
[12:35] | people will believe anything you tell them. | 你说什么其他人都会信 |
[12:37] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[12:38] | Frasier thinks I’m at the copy machine right now. | Frasier以为我现在在复印文件 |
[12:45] | Excuse me, we’re looking for Heather Murphy. | 打扰一下 请问Heather Murphy在吗 |
[12:47] | – This is her office. And you are? – Her 2:00. | – 这是她办公室 请问您是哪位 – 我约了2点见她 |
[12:51] | I don’t have anything on the books. | 我这里显示她没有预约 |
[12:53] | This is unbelievable. Make a note. | 简直荒谬 给我记下来 |
[12:55] | Re-evaluate all scheduling procedures, cc all department heads. | 重新检查所有的预约流程 抄送给所有的部门主管 |
[12:58] | Heather will be back in five, if you want to wait. | Heather还有五分钟就回来了 你可以等一下 |
[13:01] | Oh, we’ll wait. In the meantime, two coffees. Cream and sugar. | 噢 我们等得起 还有 两杯咖啡 加奶油和糖 |
[13:04] | Think you can handle that? | 这点破事你办得到吗 |
[13:08] | – Yes. – We’ll be in her office. Let’s go. | – 能 – 我们在她办公室等 走 |
[13:15] | Now! | 赶紧 |
[13:19] | You know, I think coffee might make me more nervous. | 那个啥 我觉得咖啡会让我更紧张 |
[13:23] | We’re not gonna drink it. | 我们又不是真要喝 |
[13:24] | I’m just trying to buy some time so we can look around. | 我只是争取点时间看看她的办公室 |
[13:27] | She’s gotta be in one of these pictures somewhere. | 这儿肯定有她的照片 |
[13:31] | There’s a lot of people there. Which one do you suppose she is? | 这照片里好多人 你觉得哪个是她 |
[13:34] | I think it’s the one that looks like her. | 我觉得是你背后那个 |
[13:37] | Excuse me. Can I help you? | 不好意思 你们在干什么 |
[13:40] | We flew in from Corporate for a meeting | 我们从总部飞过来开会 |
[13:42] | which the geniuses in your department managed to screw up. | 但是被你们部门的天才搞砸了 |
[13:45] | I don’t what kind of monkey business is going on around here, | 我不知道这个部门都是干什么吃的 |
[13:49] | but we are this close to shutting this entire branch down. | 但我们离把这整个分部关掉就差这么点了 |
[13:54] | How could you fly in from Corporate? Corporate’s downstairs. | 你们怎么可能从总部飞过来 总部就在楼下 |
[14:03] | I’m calling Security. Who are you? | 我要叫保安了 你是谁 |
[14:06] | Who am I? | 我是谁 |
[14:08] | Who am I? | 我是谁 |
[14:10] | Just run! | 赶紧跑 |
[14:24] | It’s asleep, Dad. | 这壁虎睡着了 老爸 |
[14:26] | No, it’s not. | 不 没睡着 |
[14:29] | Really? He hasn’t twitched his tail for two minutes. | 是吗 它都两分钟没摇过尾巴了 |
[14:33] | That’s because he’s lulling him into a false sense of security. | 那是因为它想让蟋蟀降低警戒 |
[14:37] | The most dangerous part of a gecko is its mind. | 壁虎最厉害的武器是它的大脑 |
[14:48] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么鬼 |
[14:54] | A gecko’s brain is like this big. | 壁虎的脑子就这么大 |
[14:58] | But a cricket’s brain is only this big. | 但是蟋蟀的脑子只有这么大 |
[15:06] | All right, fine, where were we? | 好了 我们刚才说到哪儿了 |
[15:09] | Ann-Margret Ann-Margret. | |
[15:11] | You cannot just blurt out Ann-Margret like that. I’m sorry. | 你不能这么脱口而出Ann-Margret的名字 对不起 |
[15:15] | We can only take 10 women to Love Island, all right? | 我们只能带10个女人去爱情小岛 明白了吗 |
[15:21] | Gotta put a little thought into this. | 要深思熟虑 |
[15:23] | Tell you who makes my list. | 告诉你我要带谁 |
[15:26] | That dark-haired temptress that works at the bookstore. | 在书店工作 深色头发的那个妖妇 |
[15:32] | – Lisa. – You know her name? | – Lisa啊 – 你怎么知道她名字 |
[15:35] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[15:38] | All this time you’ve been going there, | 你一直去书店 |
[15:39] | I thought you belonged to a book club. | 我还以为你参加了个读书俱乐部呢 |
[15:41] | Oh, there’s a club, all right. | 噢 确实是有个俱乐部 |
[15:46] | You know, she got a belly ring last week. | 你知道吗 她上周弄了个脐环 |
[15:50] | That’s fantastic. | 太妙了 |
[15:54] | Here. Hold onto this for a minute, will you, while I grab a beer. | 嘿 帮我拿一下这个 我去拿瓶啤酒 |
[15:58] | Sure. Ooh, Dad, he’s making his move. I can feel him. | 没问题 噢 老爸 它动了 我能感觉到 |
[16:01] | – Oh. All right. Give him a little play. – Right. I’m doing it. | – 噢 好好好 松绳子让它跑跑 – 好 我在松 |
[16:04] | – All right, a little more. A little more. – Right. | – 好的 再松一点 再松一点 – 好 |
[16:07] | – He got him. Reel him in. – Right. Right. | – 它抓着蟋蟀了 把它收回来 – 好好好 |
[16:09] | Not too fast, now. Not too fast. You don’t want to tug at it. | 别太快 别太快 不要使太大劲儿 |
[16:13] | I can’t believe this worked. That was amazing. | 不敢相信这居然也行 太神奇了 |
[16:15] | – Oh, great work, buddy. – Oh, thanks, Dad. | – 干得漂亮 – 噢 谢了 老爸 |
[16:19] | – I meant the gecko. – Yes, yes, of course. | – 我说的是壁虎 – 对 当然 |
[16:23] | – Good job. Well done. – Will you be using this floss anymore? | – 干得漂亮 – 这牙线你还要用吗 |
[16:31] | – I think we’ll let him keep it, all right? – Okay. | – 就留给壁虎吧 – 好 |
[16:33] | There we go. In you go, little man. Congratulations. | 进去吧 小伙计 恭喜了 |
[16:38] | Well, that’s it. | 解决了 |
[16:41] | Yep. Cricket’s dead. | 对头 蟋蟀死了 |
[16:45] | Gosh, even though I am savouring the newfound silence, | 老天 虽然我很享受这久违的宁静 |
[16:51] | I sort of miss the excitement of the hunt. | 不过我还有点想念抓蟋蟀的过程 |
[16:53] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[16:55] | Well, all right. | 嗯 好了 |
[16:57] | You know, Dad, | 等会儿 老爸 |
[16:59] | were you aware that the male cricket chirps | 雄蟋蟀发出叫声 |
[17:04] | in order to attract the female cricket? | 是为了吸引雌蟋蟀 |
[17:06] | Wow, that cricket was doing an awful lot of chirping. | 哇 那个雄蟋蟀叫得是挺欢的 |
[17:11] | Are you thinking what I’m thinking? | 你跟我在想一件事吗 |
[17:13] | There might be another cricket. | 可能还有另一只蟋蟀 |
[17:14] | There might be more than one. | 可能还不止一只 |
[17:16] | I’d hate to go to bed and have to get up again. | 我可不想躺床上之后又起来 |
[17:19] | Probably we should just play it safe. | 我们还是应该保险一点 |
[17:22] | – Release the gecko. – Yes. | – 放虎出笼 – 好 |
[17:30] | Well, this is an unexpected treat. | 喔 意外惊喜啊 |
[17:34] | Niles, I have something to tell you. | Niles 我有事要告诉你 |
[17:38] | Is it that I’m the sexiest man you’ve ever known? | 我是你见过最性感的男人吗 |
[17:40] | No. I mean, yes, you are. | 不 我是说 是的 你是 |
[17:43] | Yes, but that’s not why I’m here. | 但那不是我来找你的原因 |
[17:46] | – Something wrong? – Well, sort of. | – 出什么事了吗 – 有点小事 |
[17:48] | It’s about Heather Murphy. | 关于Heather Murphy |
[17:52] | Daphne, I have told you, I cannot talk about my patients. | Daphne 我跟你说过了 我不能跟你讨论我的病人 |
[17:55] | You don’t have to. I found out by myself. | 你不用跟我说 我找到她了 |
[18:01] | Did you look in my briefcase? | 你偷看我公文包里的东西了吗 |
[18:06] | – You read her file? – I know, I know. It’s bad. | – 你看了她的文件 – 我知道 我知道 这很糟糕 |
[18:13] | Those files are confidential. How could you? | 那些文件是保密的 你怎么能这么做 |
[18:15] | Look, before you get going, you should probably know… | 听着 不管你要干什么 你先听我说 |
[18:17] | No, there’s no excuse. | 不 不要找借口 |
[18:18] | That is the worst thing you could have done. | 这是你做过最糟糕的事情 |
[18:21] | You would think so. | 还不是最糟的 |
[18:29] | What else did you do? | 你还干了什么 |
[18:32] | I went down to her office to see what she looks like. | 我去了她办公室看她长什么样 |
[18:35] | But… She never found out who I was or why I was there. | 但是她不知道我是谁 也不知道我为什么去找她 |
[18:38] | I know it doesn’t make it okay, but I was just so worried | 我知道这不能原谅 但我太担心了 |
[18:41] | and I had to find out who she was and… | 我必须得知道她是什么人 |
[18:44] | I’m so sorry. I feel so ashamed. | 对不起 我羞愧死了 |
[18:49] | It was all Roz’s idea. | 全都是Roz的主意 |
[18:56] | Look, I know you’re angry, but please say something. | 我知道你很愤怒 但是你说句话啊 |
[19:02] | – Angry doesn’t begin to describe it. – Niles… | – 愤怒根本不足以表达 – Niles |
[19:04] | You have violated this person’s privacy. | 你侵犯了这个人的隐私 |
[19:08] | If she found out, they could suspend my licence. | 要是她发现了 我的执照可能会被吊销 |
[19:11] | I am so sorry. | 我真的对不起 |
[19:13] | And you don’t trust me. | 而且你居然不相信我 |
[19:19] | How could you possibly think there could be somebody else? | 你怎么会认为我有小三 |
[19:23] | Because I was somebody else. | 因为我之前就是小三啊 |
[19:26] | What? | 啥 |
[19:29] | You were married to two other women | 你告诉我你爱我的时候 |
[19:30] | while you claimed to have been in love with me. | 还跟两个女人结了婚 |
[19:33] | Well, now that we’re together, how can I be sure, | 现在我们在一起了 我怎么能确定 |
[19:36] | really sure, that there won’t ever be another somebody else? | 完全确定 你以后肯定不会有小三 |
[19:41] | Because I would never… Ugh. | 因为我绝对不会 呃 |
[19:51] | Because this time it’s different. | 因为这次不一样 |
[19:56] | Our love is different. | 我们的爱不一样 |
[19:58] | It’s not based on somebody’s expectations | 不是建立在其他人的期望之上 |
[20:01] | or anything I’m supposed to be. | 或者我应该怎么样 |
[20:05] | When I was with Maris or with Mel, | 当我跟Maris和Mel在一起的时候 |
[20:08] | I found myself thinking about you. | 我发现自己总是在想你 |
[20:11] | Going about my day, or even when I was in a session, | 当我在路上 甚至当我见病人的时候 |
[20:15] | I found myself thinking about you. | 我发现自己在想你 |
[20:18] | Well, now we’re together. | 现在我们在一起了 |
[20:22] | I find myself thinking about you. | 我发现我还是在想你 |
[20:26] | It’s not going to stop. | 停不下来的 |
[20:35] | I’m still mad at you. | 我还是生你的气 |
[20:38] | I know. | 我知道 |