时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Terrance, I’m afraid we’re nearing the end of our programme, | Terrance 节目快接近尾声了 |
[00:10] | and we still haven’t gotten to the heart of your problem. | 但我们好像还没说到你问题的点上 |
[00:13] | Well, I-I guess I’m just sick of being single. | 我 我大概是厌倦了一直单身吧 |
[00:15] | I mean, I’m almost 40. What kind of loser am I? | 我都快40了 我是有多失败啊 |
[00:18] | A single man in his 40s is not a loser. | 40多岁的单身男性并不失败啊 |
[00:21] | I said I’m almost 40. Don’t make it sound worse than it is. | 我说我快40 别把我说得更可悲 |
[00:24] | – Can I jump in here, Frasier? – Please. | – 我能插一句吗 Frasier – 请 |
[00:27] | Listen, Terrance, I know that I’m not as old as you or Frasier, but… | Terrance 我比你年轻 也比Frasier年轻 但是 |
[00:32] | I’ve been through plenty of heartache and loneliness. | 我经历过无数的情伤和孤独 |
[00:35] | I remember thinking, “Love is never gonna come to me.” | 我还有过”爱情永远不会眷顾我”的念头 |
[00:38] | So I gave up. | 所以我放弃了 |
[00:40] | And that is when a handsome, sweet-hearted man named Roger | 但就在这时 一个名叫Roger的帅气暖男 |
[00:44] | jumped off his garbage truck and into my life. | 跳下他的垃圾车 跃进了我的生命 |
[00:48] | And I have been deliriously happy ever since, | 自那以后我就一直幸福得无与伦比 |
[00:50] | and I feel sure that the same thing will happen for you. | 我相信幸福也会这样降临到你身上的 |
[00:53] | So I have to give up on love first? | 所以我得先放弃爱情吗 |
[00:55] | No, I’m saying don’t give up. | 不 我是说别放弃 |
[00:57] | But you said you met this garbage man after you gave up. | 但你说你放弃之后才遇到这个垃圾男的 |
[01:00] | Terrance, I think what Roz is trying to say | Terrance Roz的意思应该是 |
[01:03] | is that whether we seek love or not, | 不管我们是不是在寻找爱情 |
[01:06] | we are always at the mercy of its mysterious rhythm. | 我们都躲不过爱情神秘的安排 |
[01:09] | – Exactly. – That’s not what she said, Frasier. | – 没错 – 她不是这个意思 Frasier |
[01:14] | I think we know why this guy’s still single. | 我想我们都知道他为什么一直单身了 |
[01:17] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane saying good day, Seattle, | 这里是Frasier Crane医生 祝大家日安 |
[01:19] | and Good Mental Health. | 以及身心安康 |
[01:24] | – Your dad called during the last segment. – Oh, great. | – 最后一段你爸打电话来了 – 好啊 |
[01:26] | – Here’s the number. – Thank you. | – 这是号码 – 谢谢 |
[01:28] | Yes, he’s working the early shift today, | 他今天上早一班 |
[01:30] | so we’re gonna have dinner together this evening. | 所以今晚我们出去聚餐 |
[01:31] | Oh, I’m going out to dinner too. | 噢 今晚我也要出去吃饭 |
[01:33] | Yes. With Roger. You mentioned that. | 嗯 跟Roger 你说过了 |
[01:36] | Did I tell you he’s taking me on a moonlight picnic? | 我跟你说过他要带我去吃月光野餐吗 |
[01:38] | Yes, you did. | 你也说过了 |
[01:39] | – In a canoe? – Check. | – 坐独木舟呢 – 也说过了 |
[01:40] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[01:41] | How romantic is that? | 那多浪漫啊 |
[01:43] | He said all I had to bring was my appetite for caviar and affection. | 他说我只要带上对鱼子酱和爱情的胃口就好 |
[01:48] | I told him all he had to bring was his appetite | 我说他只要带上胃口就好 |
[01:50] | – because I’ll be wearing my edible… – Dad! | – 因为我会穿上我秀色可餐的 – 老爸 |
[01:51] | Hi! Yeah, uh, listen, um, I’ve made our reservation for, uh…? | 嗨 呃 那个 我已经订了 呃 |
[01:57] | Sorry, Roz. Yes. Thanks. | 抱歉 Roz 谢谢 |
[02:02] | Yes, hello, is Martin Crane there, please? | 你好 Martin Crane在吗 |
[02:05] | Dad. Hi! Look, I made a reservation for, uh, 7:30, | 老爸 嗨 我今晚订了位 呃 7点半 |
[02:08] | so I’ll pick you up around 7:15, all right? | 我大概7点一刻去接你 怎么样 |
[02:10] | Oh. | 噢 |
[02:12] | Oh, dear. | 天哪 |
[02:14] | Hey, you know what? | 嘿 要不这样 |
[02:16] | Why don’t I stop by with a pizza? | 我带上披萨来找你 |
[02:18] | Okay, great. I’ll see you then. Bye. | 很好 那到时候见 拜拜 |
[02:22] | More flowers from Roger. | Roger又送花给我 |
[02:24] | And you have to hear this poem he wrote me. | 快听他写给我的这首诗 |
[02:26] | Hang on a second, Dad. I, uh… | 等等 老爸 我 呃 |
[02:28] | I’ve gotta get a pen. I’ll write that down. Sorry, Roz. | 我得拿支笔记下来 抱歉 Roz |
[02:39] | Good night, Marty! | 晚安 Marty |
[02:41] | See you tomorrow, Babs. | 明天见 Babs |
[02:45] | – Hey, mister. Pizza delivery. – Hey, you made it! | – 先生 披萨外卖 – 嘿 你来啦 |
[02:48] | Oh, that smells good. | 闻着好香 |
[02:50] | What kind did you get? | 你买了什么口味的 |
[02:51] | Prosciutto and Fontina. | 意大利羊奶干酪熏火腿 |
[02:53] | Oh, I had my heart set on a ham-and-cheese. | 哎 我一直想吃火腿乳酪来着 |
[02:56] | Oh, you were just messing with me. Good one, Fras! | 哈 跟我开玩笑呢 Fras 干得漂亮 |
[03:02] | – Uh-oh. My boss is coming. – Where? | – 啊噢 头儿来了 – 哪儿 |
[03:04] | I can see him on the monitors. | 监视器里看到他了 |
[03:06] | I’d love to meet him. | 我还蛮想见见他的 |
[03:07] | How many times do I have to tell you to stay off this damn frequency? | 我要跟你说多少次 别他妈烦我 |
[03:10] | Uh, maybe you could just go read the directory for a minute. | 呃 你去那儿看会儿商户名录吧 |
[03:14] | – Uh-uh. Food has to stay out of sight, Crane. – Oh, right. | – 呃呃 食物不能拿出来 Crane – 好的 |
[03:19] | – Oh, I’ll take a slice though. – Oh, sure. | – 不过先让我拿一片 – 没问题 |
[03:22] | Hey, did you notice anyone messing with the camera in the East Tower? | 嘿 东楼那边的摄像头有谁动过了吗 |
[03:26] | Oh, yeah, that was me. | 是我动的 |
[03:28] | The way it was pointed, you couldn’t really see the stairs. | 那摄像头原先指的方向根本看不见楼梯 |
[03:30] | So you left your post? | 所以你擅离岗位了 |
[03:32] | I just thought, you know… | 我只是想 那个 |
[03:33] | We don’t pay you to think, Crane. | 我们不是花钱让你来想的 Crane |
[03:35] | We pay you to watch the monitors and keep the sign-in sheet in order. | 我们花钱让你来看监视器 还有做好访客登记的 |
[03:39] | We also pay you to button the top button on your shirt! | 我们还花钱让你把衬衫最上面那颗钮扣扣起来 |
[03:42] | See you tomorrow, fellas. | 明天见 伙计们 |
[03:44] | – Good night. – Good night, now! | – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[03:47] | Maybe when you were a cop, | 你当警察的时候 |
[03:49] | you could play fast and loose with the rules, | 也许可以罔顾规则 |
[03:51] | but here at Keckner Security, regulations have to be followed. | 但在这儿 Keckner安保 必须服从规定 |
[03:55] | Yes, sir. Do you want to look over the sign-in sheet? | 是的 先生 您要检阅一下访客登记表吗 |
[03:57] | Do you need any help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[03:59] | Oh. Uh, I’m… I’m sorry, no. No, thank you. | 噢 呃 不 不用了 谢谢 |
[04:02] | You hate to ask for help, huh? | 你不喜欢寻求帮助 是吧 |
[04:05] | You know what people who never ask questions never get? | 你知道不问问题的人永远得不到什么吗 |
[04:08] | Answers. | 答案 |
[04:12] | Very interesting. Yes, um… | 有点意思 呃 |
[04:15] | Ah, there it is. Uh, UCB Industries. | 啊 找到了 呃 UCB工业 |
[04:18] | – You’re a UCB man? – Yes. | – 你是UCB的人 – 对 |
[04:20] | – I’m with DNR Associates. – Ah. | – 我是DNR联合公司的 – 啊 |
[04:22] | So I guess, uh, technically, we shouldn’t be talking, but, uh, | 所以 呃 理论上来说我们不该交谈 但是 呃 |
[04:26] | who takes that corporate competition stuff seriously anymore? | 现在谁还把企业竞争当回事儿啊 |
[04:29] | I do. | 我 |
[04:32] | Ah. | 啊 |
[04:33] | Look, Crane, | 我说 Crane |
[04:35] | if you really want to put that busy brain of yours to work, | 你真想动动你那繁忙的大脑的话 |
[04:38] | why don’t you mastermind a way | 不妨策划一个方案 |
[04:39] | to lift the pizza stain out of your tie? | 把你领带上粘的披萨酱汁弄掉 |
[04:46] | I can’t believe the way that guy talked to you! | 不敢相信那家伙这么跟你说话 |
[04:48] | Oh, it’s no big deal. Why don’t you just go home? | 没关系的 你回家去吧 |
[04:51] | – But he has no right to do that! – Just go home. | – 他没有权利这么做 – 回去吧 |
[04:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:57] | – I’ll see you there. – Okay. | – 我回家等你 – 好 |
[05:03] | Well… | 呃 |
[05:06] | this is awkward. | 有点尴尬嘛 |
[05:09] | Especially with the, uh, Reliance Bearings account up for grabs. | 特别是 呃 信赖轴承正在招投标中 |
[05:13] | But whoever wins it, wins it. Good luck. | 胜者为王 祝你们好运 |
[05:17] | Don’t you mean congratulations? | 你不该说恭喜吗 |
[05:21] | – You’re kidding! – An hour ago. | – 不会吧 – 一小时前就出结果了 |
[05:24] | Don’t they ever CC you guys on this stuff? | 这事儿他们都不抄送给你们吗 |
[05:36] | You’re sure you’re not exaggerating? | 你确定你没夸大其词吗 |
[05:38] | Well, I tell you, Niles, I stood there, slack-jawed, | 跟你说 Niles 我站在那儿 目瞪口呆 |
[05:41] | as Dad was reprimanded like an errant child! | 看着老爸像个犯错的孩子一样被训斥 |
[05:43] | Well, maybe his boss was having a tough day | 也许他的上司那天过得够呛 |
[05:45] | and needed someone to take it out on. | 需要把气出在别人身上 |
[05:47] | You know, sometimes an employer | 你知道的 有时候雇主 |
[05:48] | gets so caught up in his own world that he… | 太过沉浸于自己的世界 |
[05:50] | I mean, after all, this is a man… | 我是说 毕竟 这是一个 |
[05:53] | who served his country in Korea, | 曾在朝鲜为国效忠 |
[05:56] | who had a distinguished career as a detective, | 曾是杰出警探的男人 |
[05:57] | and yet he is being treated the way | 现在他却被那样对待 |
[05:59] | you would treat a-a grocery-store bag boy! | 像你对待杂货店打包男孩一样 |
[06:01] | What does that mean? | 你什么意思 |
[06:03] | Oh, don’t you play coy with me just because Daphne’s here. | 行了 不要因为Daphne在这儿就装 |
[06:05] | I have seen you when your avocados are packed under your ice cream. | 我亲眼看到过你的牛油果被装冰激凌下面的时候 |
[06:10] | Excuse me. That young man was on drugs, | 等等 是那个小年轻吸毒了 |
[06:13] | and everyone in the store knew it! | 店里所有人都知道 |
[06:17] | – Hey, guys. – Hey, Dad. | – 嘿 伙计们 – 嘿 老爸 |
[06:19] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[06:19] | Mr. Crane. How was work today? | Crane先生 今天工作得怎么样 |
[06:20] | Oh, same old, same old. | 还不是老样子 |
[06:23] | Boy, I’m beat. | 我快崩溃了 |
[06:27] | Eight hours of staring at those monitors can really wear you out. | 盯着那些监视器整整8个小时 是人都会累 |
[06:35] | So, Dad, did you speak with your supervisor? | 那老爸 你跟上司谈过了吗 |
[06:40] | Oh, don’t start this again. Everything’s fine. | 哎呀 别再提这茬儿了 没事的 |
[06:42] | Come on, Dad, after the way that man eviscerated you? | 拜托 老爸 那家伙那么苛待你 |
[06:44] | That’s just Rich. He’s one of those tough guys. | Rich就是那样的 难对付点 |
[06:47] | It’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[06:48] | You’re a tough guy yourself. Why don’t you set him straight? | 你也难对付啊 为什么不去据理力争 |
[06:51] | I’m not gonna talk back to my boss. | 我不会跟我头儿回嘴的 |
[06:53] | You have to respect the chain of command. | 你得尊重上下级关系 |
[06:55] | It’s not always easy, but that’s the way I’ve always done it. | 虽不轻松 但我一直是这么做的 |
[06:57] | So you’re just gonna sit there and take it? | 那你准备就坐那儿接受这一切 |
[06:58] | Oh, come on, Fras. Now, we’re men. | 拜托 Fras 我们都是男人 |
[07:00] | We know how to gut these things out. | 我们都懂怎么宣泄 |
[07:02] | We don’t whine and cry. You know that. | 又不会酗酒大哭啥的 你懂的呀 |
[07:04] | Ha! | 哈 |
[07:07] | How true. | 还真说对了 |
[07:12] | You do know that, Dr. Crane. | 你应该懂的呀 Crane医生 |
[07:15] | You know, I’ll bet the owner of the company | 我敢打赌这家安保公司的老板 |
[07:16] | would like to know how this Rich is behaving. | 很想知道这个Rich的表现 |
[07:18] | The owner of the company is Rich’s son. | 这家公司的老板是Rich的儿子 |
[07:21] | Nepotism, huh? | 任人唯亲 哈 |
[07:22] | God, this problem just keeps getting bigger and bigger. | 这个问题真是越来越麻烦了 |
[07:24] | – It’s not a problem! – Dad… | – 这根本不是问题 – 老爸 |
[07:26] | Frasier, would you listen? He said it’s not a problem. | Frasier 你听不懂吗 他说这不是问题 |
[07:29] | I’m sure Dad’s more than capable of handling himself. | 老爸完全有能力处理好这些事情 |
[07:31] | – Thank you. – You see? He thinks you’re completely out of line. | – 谢谢 – 看吧 他觉得你错得离谱 |
[07:34] | – No, I just… – No, Dad. Dad, I got this. | – 不 我只是 – 别说了 老爸 我懂 |
[07:37] | Look, you’ve gotta have at least | 那你至少该有个计划 |
[07:38] | some kind of plan to deal with this guy. | 怎么对付这家伙吧 |
[07:40] | I’ve got a plan. Once Rich knows I’m not fighting, | 我有计划 一旦Rich明白我不会反抗 |
[07:43] | he’ll drop it, which is what you guys are gonna do. | 他就会放弃的 你们也该放弃 |
[07:45] | Now I’m tired of talking about this. | 我已经厌倦提这事儿了 |
[07:47] | See? Now you’ve made Dad tired. | 看吧 你都让老爸累了 |
[07:49] | – Can it, Niles! – And cranky. | – 住口 Niles – 还让他暴躁了 |
[07:57] | – Frasier Crane, right? – Ah, yes, yes. | – 是Frasier Crane吧 – 啊 是的 |
[07:58] | I’m Charlie Keckner of Keckner Security. | 我是Keckner安保公司的Charlie Keckner |
[08:00] | Mr. Keckner, nice to meet you. Please sit down. | Keckner先生 很高兴认识你 请坐 |
[08:02] | – Uh, would you like some coffee? – Nothing for me, thanks. | – 你要喝咖啡吗 – 不用了 谢谢 |
[08:04] | – I’d like to thank you for meeting me like this. – No problem. | – 很感谢你来这儿见我 – 哪里哪里 |
[08:07] | I like face-to-facing with new clients, | 我喜欢面对面与新客户交流 |
[08:09] | especially those in the public eye | 特别是那些公众人物 |
[08:11] | who need the kind of custom-tailored security that we specialise in. | 需要我司专业的量身定制安保服务 |
[08:15] | So… what is it? | 那么 是什么 |
[08:17] | Stalker, blackmailer, random nut job? | 跟踪狂 敲诈勒索 还是不知道哪儿来的疯子 |
[08:23] | I’m sorry, but I’m not actually… | 抱歉 我不是真的 |
[08:26] | in the market for security services. | 要找安保服务 |
[08:29] | Oh, that’s strange. | 噢 那奇怪了 |
[08:31] | Because your phone message said, | 你电话留言说 |
[08:32] | “I’m in the market for security services.” | “我要找安保服务” |
[08:34] | Yes, I can see how that may have been misleading. I, um… | 那个 不好意思让你误会了 我 呃 |
[08:39] | I wanted to meet you in person because I have a… | 我想亲自见你是因为我有个 |
[08:41] | a matter of some delicacy to discuss with you. | 有个微妙的问题想跟你讨论一下 |
[08:44] | You see, my father works for your company, | 家父在你的公司工作 |
[08:46] | and I understand your father does as well. | 我知道令尊也是这样 |
[08:48] | What does this have to do with anything? | 这有什么问题吗 |
[08:49] | Well, it seems that… | 但是好像 |
[08:55] | your dad has been picking on my dad. | 令尊一直在针对家父 |
[09:01] | What? | 什么 |
[09:02] | That doesn’t sound like my dad. | 这不像是家父会做的事 |
[09:04] | Well, perhaps you don’t know your dad as well as you think you do. | 也许你没有你想象的那么了解令尊 |
[09:07] | I saw the whole thing. | 我全都看到了 |
[09:09] | Well, huh, maybe my dad was just defending himself. | 哈 也许家父是在保护自己呢 |
[09:13] | Did your dad provoke him? | 令尊有没有激怒他呢 |
[09:14] | No, no. I can assure you that your dad started it. | 没有 我保证是令尊挑起的 |
[09:20] | None of the other guards has any trouble with my dad. | 但别的安保跟家父都没有问题 |
[09:23] | Maybe your dad just needs to toughen up a little. | 也许令尊需要强硬一点 |
[09:25] | My father fought in Korea. | 家父在朝鲜打过仗 |
[09:26] | Did he? Or did you fight the Koreans for him? | 是嘛 会不会是你替他打的 |
[09:32] | Now, Charlie, I’m sure a man of your inspired leadership has… | Charlie 我相信像您这样卓越的领导能力 |
[09:38] | resolved conflicts between employees before. | 以前一定处理过员工间的矛盾 |
[09:41] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:42] | It’s that kind of enlightened management | 就是这样先进的管理能力 |
[09:45] | that has made the name Keckner synonymous with security. | 才让Keckner这个名字在安保界声名远扬 |
[09:49] | – All right, I’ll look into it. – Thank you. Thank you so much. | – 好吧 我会查一查的 – 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[09:52] | Oh, and if you don’t mind, could we keep this meeting between us? | 对了 不介意的话 这次谈话能请你保密吗 |
[09:55] | I’d hate to have my father think I went behind his back. | 我不想让家父觉得我在他背后搞小动作 |
[09:57] | You’re asking me to conceal something from my own father? | 你是要我对家父隐瞒真相吗 |
[10:01] | I don’t know if I can do that. | 我不知道我能不能做到 |
[10:03] | On the other hand, if you were a client, | 不过 如果你是客户的话 |
[10:05] | I’d be obligated to keep this confidential. | 我有义务对这个保密 |
[10:10] | If you’re implying what I think you are, Mr. Keckner, | Keckner先生 如果你是指我想的那样的话 |
[10:13] | I hope, for your sake, | 那我但愿 |
[10:15] | you brought some brochures. Please. | 你带了宣传册来 请 |
[10:23] | All right. Good night. | 好了 晚安 |
[10:26] | – Hey, Rich. – Hey, buddy. | – 嘿 Rich – 嘿 兄弟 |
[10:29] | – Everything all right here? – Uh, sure. | – 一切还顺利吧 – 当然 |
[10:32] | Nothing to complain about, then? | 那没什么抱怨的咯 |
[10:36] | No. Want some coffee? | 没有 要喝咖啡吗 |
[10:39] | No, no, no. I keep my eating and drinking to the break room. | 不 不用 我在休息室里吃喝 |
[10:42] | That way nobody complains. | 这样就不会有人抱怨了 |
[10:46] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:48] | Uh, I could use your initials on my time card, if you’ve got a sec. | 呃 你有时间的话 请帮我在考勤卡上签个字 |
[10:51] | Oh, for you, I’ve got all night. | 为了你 我随叫随到 |
[10:54] | And I’ll be sure to do it neatly, | 而且我会工整地签上 |
[10:56] | so there’ll be no complaints. | 这样就不会有人抱怨了 |
[11:00] | Okay, what’s going on? | 说吧 出什么事了 |
[11:02] | You tell me. | 应该我问你啊 |
[11:03] | My son chewed me out for being too tough on the guards. | 我儿子骂了我一顿 说我对安保们太强硬了 |
[11:06] | Now I wonder who might have put him up to that. | 我就想知道是谁在他那儿嚼的舌根 |
[11:08] | – It could have been any of the guys. – I think it was you! | – 谁都有可能啊 – 我觉得就是你 |
[11:13] | – It wasn’t me. I’m not a complainer. – Good. | – 不是 我不是嘴碎的人 – 好 |
[11:15] | Then you won’t complain about doing a few graveyard shifts next week? | 那你下周上几次晚班也不会抱怨吧 |
[11:19] | – No problem. – Good. | – 没问题 – 很好 |
[11:21] | How’s Tuesday, Wednesday work for you? | 那周二周三的晚班怎么样 |
[11:24] | – Actually, that’s not so good. – Oh? | – 呃其实 有点不好 – 噢 |
[11:27] | Then how’s Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday? | 那周二周三周四周五的晚班怎么样 |
[11:31] | Better. | 好多了 |
[11:37] | Hey, Niles. | 嘿 Niles |
[11:39] | – Hey, Daphne. – Hi, Roz. | – 嘿 Daphne – 嗨 Roz |
[11:41] | I called you this morning. Where were you? | 我早上打你电话来着 你在哪儿怎么不接 |
[11:42] | Sleeping. Mr. Crane’s been working the overnight shift. | 睡着呢 Crane先生最近一直上晚班 |
[11:45] | It’s thrown my whole schedule off. | 把我的计划都打乱了 |
[11:47] | Oh. Roger and I have been working overnight too, | Roger和我也一直在通宵干活 |
[11:49] | if you know what I mean. | 你懂的 |
[11:51] | Let me grab a muffin and I’ll tell you all about it. | 我去拿个玛芬蛋糕再来好好跟你说说 |
[11:53] | – Grab one for me too. – Okay. | – 也帮我拿一个吧 – 好啊 |
[11:55] | So I can stick it in my ears. | 我就可以塞耳朵里了 |
[11:58] | I’m just a little tired of hearing about it. | 我真的听她说这些都听腻了 |
[12:00] | You’re tired? I’ve heard double whatever you have. | 你都听腻了 我比你听到的多两倍呢 |
[12:03] | Did you know Roger wrote her a song | 你知道Roger为她写了一首歌 |
[12:05] | to the tune of “I Believe I can Fly”? | 照着<我想我能飞>填的词 |
[12:09] | I do now, don’t I? | 我现在知道了 不是吗 |
[12:11] | Look, let’s just not talk about Roger this one time, okay? | 听着 我们这次不要谈到Roger 好吗 |
[12:14] | That’s impossible. She brings everything back to him. | 不可能 她什么话题都能带到他 |
[12:16] | – Well, just leave it to me. – Oh, good luck. | – 看我的吧 – 祝你好运 |
[12:20] | So, what are you guys talking about? | 你们在聊什么哪 |
[12:22] | Um, mediaeval French history. | 呃 中世纪的法国历史 |
[12:26] | – I’ve always wanted to see Paris. – Mm-hm. Thank you. | – 我一直想去巴黎看看 – 嗯哼 谢谢 |
[12:29] | Roger says he’s gonna take me there someday. | Roger说总有一天他会带我去的 |
[12:31] | He says you haven’t truly made love… | 他说没在那儿做爱就不算真正的 |
[12:33] | – Oh, look at this. – What? | – 噢 看哪 – 什么 |
[12:36] | It says interest rates might go down again. | 说利率可能又要下调了 |
[12:39] | Just when we thought the interest couldn’t get any lower. | 还想着这利率(兴趣)不会更低了呢 |
[12:44] | I don’t know about interest rates and all that garbage. Oops. | 我不知道利率啊什么垃圾东西 哎呀 |
[12:48] | It’s a good thing Roger didn’t hear that. | 幸好Roger没听到 |
[12:50] | He doesn’t like it when I use garbage in a derogatory way. | 他不喜欢我把垃圾当贬义词用 |
[12:53] | Of course, he always forgives me. Isn’t he a doll? | 当然了 他总会原谅我 他像个玩偶一样可爱吧 |
[12:56] | Oh, you know, speaking of dolls, | 对了 说到玩偶 |
[12:58] | I understand that the Nordic Heritage Museum is planning | 我听说北欧传统博物馆打算办一个 |
[13:01] | a huge retrospective of Icelandic dolls of the 19th century. | 19世纪冰岛玩偶的回顾大展 |
[13:07] | Is the Nordic Museum the one near Sunset Hill? | 这家北欧博物馆在日落山酒店附近吗 |
[13:09] | Because Roger and I had the best bottle of wine there… | Roger跟我在那儿喝到了最好喝的红酒 |
[13:12] | No. | 不是 |
[13:14] | The Nordic Museum is in Ballard. | 这家北欧博物馆在巴拉德 |
[13:18] | Oh, I guess I don’t know that place after all. | 噢 那我完全不认识 |
[13:21] | Hmm. That exhibit sounds fascinating, Niles. When is it? | 嗯 Niles 那展览听起来不错 什么时候开展呢 |
[13:24] | – February 14th. – Valentine’s Day? | – 2月14号 – 情人节 |
[13:28] | I guess I won’t be there. | 那我不去了 |
[13:29] | Roger and I are spending the whole day together. | Roger要和我一整天都待在一起 |
[13:31] | He says it’s going to be full of romantic surprises, | 他说会给我一个浪漫的惊喜 |
[13:34] | I mean, but he gives me, like, a romantic surprise every single day. | 但他已经每天都给我浪漫的惊喜了 |
[13:36] | Oh, well, I know girl talk when I hear it. Excuse me. | 好吧 我知道你们闺蜜聊天的时候到了 失陪 |
[13:41] | Girl talk? He’s the one going to a doll museum. | 什么闺蜜聊天 要去玩偶博物馆的人是他啊 |
[13:46] | Forget your coffee. Let’s get out of here. | 别管咖啡了 我们快走 |
[13:48] | What? And leave Daphne? | 什么 丢下Daphne不管吗 |
[13:49] | It’s too late for her. We have to keep moving. | 她已经泥足深陷 我们还有机会逃走 |
[13:53] | Niles, I can’t. I’m meeting Dad here in a few minutes. | Niles 我不能走 待会儿我要跟老爸在这儿碰头 |
[13:56] | His schedule’s been so topsy-turvy lately, I haven’t seen him in days. | 他最近一直黑白颠倒 我已经好几天没看到他了 |
[13:59] | Is he still having trouble with his supervisor? | 他跟他上司还有矛盾哪 |
[14:00] | Well, yes. | 是啊 |
[14:02] | Yes, but I believe we’ll be hearing some good news on that front. | 但我相信我们应该会听到好消息 |
[14:06] | No thanks to you. | 不用谢哈 |
[14:08] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[14:09] | Let’s just say I took appropriate action. | 这么说吧 我采取了恰当的行动 |
[14:12] | After Dad asked you to butt out? | 老爸都请你别插手了你还这样 |
[14:14] | I’m sorry, Niles, but if you had seen the way this man treated Dad, | 抱歉 Niles 如果你看到那家伙怎么对待老爸 |
[14:16] | I swear to God, you would have done the same thing. | 我发誓 你铁定也会这么做的 |
[14:18] | – Well, perhaps. – Thank you. | – 也许吧 – 谢谢 |
[14:20] | I just wonder if you’re doing this for Dad or for yourself. | 但我好奇你这是为了老爸还是为你自己 |
[14:23] | All right, what are you on about now? | 好吧 你又在想什么 |
[14:25] | Well, I just think it’s telling that | 看上去这件事 |
[14:27] | the whole thing bothers you a lot more than it bothers Dad. | 你比老爸在意得多 |
[14:29] | You can’t stand to see him being bossed, | 你受不了他被差遣 |
[14:32] | because to you, he’s always been this larger-than-life figure. | 因为对你来说 他一直是一个传奇色彩的人物 |
[14:35] | And you-you’re desperate to-to keep that image intact. | 你渴望这个形象保持不变 |
[14:39] | More importantly, why is that man staring at us? | 更重要的是 为什么那男的一直盯着我们 |
[14:45] | That’s Sanchez, my bodyguard. | 那是Sanchez 我的保镖 |
[14:52] | It’s only on a trial basis. It’s a long story. | 还在试行阶段 说来话长 |
[14:55] | Oh, Dad! How are you doing? | 噢 老爸 你怎么样 |
[14:58] | I’m mad as hell, that’s how I’m doing! | 怎么样 我怒发冲冠 |
[15:03] | I just got beeped. Rich wants me to work tonight. | 我刚得到通知 Rich要我今晚去上班 |
[15:05] | I’m gonna have to cancel our dinner. | 晚餐我不得不放你鸽子了 |
[15:07] | – You haven’t had a day off in a week! – I know. | – 你这个礼拜都没休息过啊 – 我知道 |
[15:09] | But apparently he thinks I went over his head to complain about him, | 但他觉得我背着他向他上头告状 |
[15:12] | so now he’s really turning up the heat. | 所以他更变本加厉了 |
[15:14] | No kidding! As if things weren’t bad enough for you already, Dad. | 真的假的 你已经处境够糟糕了啊 老爸 |
[15:18] | Yeah, I know. I used to take a lot of pride in | 我知道 我以前都是勤勤恳恳 |
[15:21] | working through tough spots like this, | 认真工作来度过这种困境 |
[15:22] | but I don’t know if it’s worth it this time. | 但这回我不知道值不值得了 |
[15:24] | – Dad, I’m so sorry. – Oh, it’s nobody’s fault. | – 老爸 我很抱歉 – 不 这不是谁的错 |
[15:27] | I’m just getting too old for this sort of stuff. | 我老了 搅不动这浑水了 |
[15:29] | And if he keeps up with it, I’m just gonna call it quits. | 他要是一直这样的话 我只能走人了 |
[15:31] | Dad, that’s a horrible idea. | 老爸 你怎么能这么想 |
[15:32] | You-you can’t run away from these kinds of problems. | 你 你不能逃避这种问题 |
[15:35] | I mean, it only encourages the torment… | 只会让他变本加厉 |
[15:36] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[15:37] | Uh, I’m gonna grab a quick nap before my shift starts. | 我趁晚班还没开始抓紧时间打个盹儿 |
[15:40] | Well, I’m trying to help you decide what to do. | 我正努力帮你想怎么做呢 |
[15:42] | I know, that’s what reminded me to take a nap. | 我知道啊 所以我想起该去打个盹儿 |
[15:47] | Well done, Frasier. | 干得漂亮 Frasier |
[15:48] | All right. My plan backfired. | 好吧 我的计划适得其反了 |
[15:51] | I guess there’s only one option left. | 看来只剩一种选择了 |
[15:53] | – Tell Dad the truth. – All right, two options. | – 跟老爸坦白 – 好吧 两种选择 |
[15:57] | I gotta go to the source this time and speak directly to Rich. | 我要直接去找Rich 当面说清楚 |
[16:00] | Don’t you ever learn? | 你还没学乖吗 |
[16:01] | He needs to know that Dad is not the one who complained about him. | 要让他知道不是老爸告的状 |
[16:04] | I’ll tell you what, Niles, why don’t you come with me? | 这样 Niles 你跟我一起去吧 |
[16:06] | The two of us can help him together. | 我俩一起给他上一课 |
[16:07] | Forget it. You know how I feel about this. You’re on your own. | 得了吧 我跟你不是一道的 你自己看着办 |
[16:10] | – Good news, dear! – Hmm? | – 好消息 亲爱的 – 嗯 |
[16:12] | Roz is gonna join us for shopping today. | Roz今天要跟我们一起逛街 |
[16:13] | Oh, no, I just promised Frasier I’d help him with something. | 噢 真不巧 我刚答应Frasier会帮他忙 |
[16:20] | You know what Roger says is the most erotic organ? | 你猜Roger说哪个器官最色情 |
[16:22] | – The mind? – No. | – 头脑吗 – 不是 |
[16:30] | 经确认 他们尚在柜中 | |
[16:32] | Well, he’s not even here! I can’t believe this. | 他也不在这儿 难以置信 |
[16:35] | I mean, after the way he came down on Dad | 他还因为老爸差不多的行为 |
[16:37] | for doing the very same thing. | 对老爸颐指气使 |
[16:38] | I tell you, Niles, I am not by nature a violent man, | 跟你说 Niles 我不是天生暴力的人 |
[16:40] | but I swear, if I have to, I will page Sanchez. | 但我发誓 把我逼急了 我会把Sanchez叫过来 |
[16:42] | Okay, come down in front up here. | 好 到这前边来 |
[16:45] | – I think you need to calm down. – Yes, yes, you’re right. | – 你该冷静冷静 – 对 你说得对 |
[16:49] | I came here to talk to the man. | 我是来跟他谈话的 |
[16:50] | Still, the blood runs hot! | 但是 我的热血还在沸腾 |
[16:54] | That’s him! That’s him! | 就是他 就是他 |
[16:57] | Let me ask you something. Do they pay you to fix the elevator | 我问你 他们花钱请你来是修电梯的 |
[17:00] | or just spread your tools all over my lobby? | 还是在我的走廊上乱放工具的 |
[17:04] | You ever hear of putting down a drop cloth? | 你不知道可以盖个罩单吗 |
[17:07] | You know, by letting Dad handle this himself, you’d be empowering him. | 话说 让老爸自己处理这件事 你就是授权予他 |
[17:10] | And isn’t that really the greatest gift of all? | 这不是最好的礼物吗 |
[17:14] | No, Niles, I came down here to stand up to that man. | 不 Niles 我来这儿是为了直面这个男人 |
[17:16] | – The time for running away has passed. – Drive safely, now. | – 逃跑的时机已经过去了 – 小心驾驶噢 |
[17:17] | – Dad’s here! – Oh, God, we can’t let him see us! | – 老爸来了 – 天哪 不能让他看到 |
[17:20] | Come on! | 快来 |
[17:24] | – Hey, Rich. – Hey, Crane. You’re early. | – 嘿 Rich – 嘿 Crane 你来早了嘛 |
[17:28] | Yeah, I thought I’d get a head start on the checkpoints. | 嗯 我想在检查点上拔得头筹 |
[17:31] | Well, la-di-da. | 假惺惺 |
[17:35] | Great. Now what? | 好极了 现在怎么办 |
[17:37] | Well, Dad says he makes his rounds every 20 minutes. | 呃 老爸说他每20分钟巡视一次 |
[17:39] | We’ll just wait till the next one and then slip out then. | 我们等到下次巡视悄悄溜出去就好 |
[17:41] | – Whoa, what’s this? – What’s what? | – 哇 这是什么 – 怎么了 |
[17:44] | There’s two guys in the storage room. | 储藏室里有两个男的 |
[17:46] | – Stay here! I’ll take care of it. – Oh, no, no! | – 待这儿别动 我去收拾他们 – 噢 别 别 |
[17:50] | Why not? | 怎么 |
[17:52] | Those are my kids. | 那是我两个儿子 |
[17:54] | Well, what the hell are they doing in the storage room? | 那他们在储藏室里做什么 |
[17:56] | I don’t know, but knowing them, | 不知道 但以我对他们的了解 |
[17:58] | they probably came down here to fight my battle for me. | 他们应该是来这儿为我打仗的 |
[18:01] | What battle? | 打什么仗 |
[18:02] | With you. They know we don’t get along. | 跟你 他们知道我俩不对头 |
[18:05] | Wait a minute! | 等等 |
[18:06] | They wouldn’t be the ones who complained about me, would they? | 不会就是他们告我状的吧 |
[18:09] | Well, I wouldn’t be surprised. | 是我也不惊讶 |
[18:11] | They’re always sticking their noses into my business. | 他们总是手伸太长管我的事 |
[18:13] | That sounds like my kid. | 听起来像我儿子 |
[18:15] | I mean, he thinks just because I work for him, | 就因为我在他手底下工作 |
[18:18] | he’s my boss. | 他就以为自己是我老板了 |
[18:22] | – Can you hear anything? – No. | – 你听到什么了吗 – 没有 |
[18:24] | But I guarantee you, Rich is being a jerk. | 但我保证 Rich又在颐指气使了 |
[18:26] | You know, I wish Dad would just tell this guy off. | 我希望老爸能斥责这家伙 |
[18:28] | And that would make Dad feel better? | 那样老爸就能好过了吗 |
[18:30] | Oh, I don’t know, but it’d make me feel a lot better. | 不知道 但我会好过很多 |
[18:32] | So, this is all about you. | 所以还不都是为了你自己 |
[18:36] | To some extent. All right, to a great extent. | 某种程度上 好吧 很大程度上 |
[18:40] | It’s just that, all our lives, Dad’s been the guy in charge. | 就是 我们一生中 一直是老爸做主 |
[18:45] | I just hate to see him powerless like this. | 看到他那么无力 我很奔溃 |
[18:47] | Well, how can you call him powerless? | 他怎么会无力呢 |
[18:49] | The minute you saw him, you ran into a storage closet. | 你看到他的那一刹那 你溜进了储藏室 |
[18:53] | That’s true. | 在理 |
[18:54] | You’re a grown man, and you’re still scared of him. | 你都已经长大成人了 你还是怕他 |
[18:56] | You’re a grown man, and you’re still scared of him, too. | 你也已经长大成人了 你还不是也怕他 |
[18:58] | – Yeah, well, at least I have a girlfriend. – Shut up! | – 好吧 至少我有女朋友 – 闭嘴 |
[19:07] | Do you smell ammonia? | 你闻到氨的气味吗 |
[19:11] | – Yes. – What is that? | – 闻到了 – 那是什么 |
[19:13] | Ammonia. | 氨 |
[19:17] | The thing fell 19 storeys | 那东西从19层楼高落下来 |
[19:19] | and landed right in front of me on the sidewalk. | 正正好好落在人行道上我的面前 |
[19:23] | Tha-that’s nothing. | 这不算什么 |
[19:24] | My kid ran over my foot while I was sweeping the driveway. | 我在清扫车道的时候 我儿子开车压过我的脚 |
[19:30] | You know, the scary thing is, | 你知道最可怕的是什么 |
[19:31] | that generation’s gonna be running the country one of these days. | 他们这代人总有一天会管理这整个国家 |
[19:34] | – Not as long as I’m voting, Marty. – Ain’t that the truth. | – 只要我还在投票就不会 Marty – 说得对 |
[19:37] | What are the geniuses doing now? | 这两个天才在干什么呢 |
[19:39] | One of them’s down there | 一个蹲在那儿 |
[19:41] | trying to breathe through the crack under the door. | 想从门缝呼吸呢 |
[19:45] | Oh, for God’s sake, Niles, get up. There’s plenty of air! | 老天 Niles 起来 这里空气多得很 |
[19:58] | Hello? | 喂 |
[20:01] | Hey, Fras, it’s me. | 嘿 Fras 是我 |
[20:03] | Dad, hi. | 老爸 嗨 |
[20:05] | Why are you whispering? | 为什么你要悄悄说话 |
[20:06] | I’m in a very quiet restaurant. | 我在一家非常安静的餐厅 |
[20:10] | Yes, I’ll have the pan-seared ahi | 好的 我要烤肉 |
[20:16] | with the ginger-mushroom cream sauce. | 配姜蘑菇奶油沙司 |
[20:19] | An-and uh, for a starter, I’d like the sesame-tempura string beans. | 还有 呃 前菜我就要四季豆芝麻天妇罗 |
[20:23] | – And for the lady? – Shut up! | – 女士呢 – 闭嘴 |
[20:33] | – Sorry about that, Dad. – Oh, no problem. | – 抱歉 老爸 – 没关系 |
[20:36] | So, uh, Dad, um, when are you starting your rounds? | 那个 老爸 呃 你什么时候去巡视啊 |
[20:41] | I don’t know. Let me ask. | 不知道 让我问问 |
[20:43] | Uh, Rich, should I start my rounds now? | 呃 Rich 我该去巡视了吗 |
[20:46] | You’d like that, wouldn’t you? | 你就喜欢这活儿 对吧 |
[20:47] | You’re staying here! | 你给我乖乖待这儿 |
[20:50] | You hear that, Fras? No rounds. | 你听到了 Fras 不能巡视 |
[20:52] | Guess I’m just stuck here at the desk for five hours. | 看来我要在这桌子旁待5个小时了 |
[20:57] | Tough break. | 真倒霉啊 |
[20:59] | Well, I’ll see you later. | 嗯 再见 |