时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Well, gosh, what’d I just find in my pocket? | 噢 天哪 看看我在口袋里找到了什么 |
[00:13] | Is that tri-tip with peanut butter? | 是腰眼肉加花生酱吗 |
[00:16] | It is. | 没错 |
[00:19] | Mm. No luck? He’s definitely coming down with something. | 嗯 还是不吃 它一定是染上什么病了 |
[00:23] | Yeah. Well, I guess I’m gonna have to eat these myself. | 是啊 那我就不客气了 |
[00:26] | Good idea. Reverse psychology. | 好主意 逆反心理 |
[00:29] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[00:33] | Well, Joe has found the source of the leak in my ceiling. | Joe找到了天花板漏水的根源 |
[00:36] | It is Cam Winston’s brand-new washing machine. | 是因为Cam Winston新买的洗衣机 |
[00:39] | By God,for this time he’s gone too far. | 天呐 这次他真的太过分了 |
[00:42] | As if his noise and noxious presence at the condo meetings | 他吵吵嚷嚷地出现在在业委会上 |
[00:45] | weren’t bad enough. | 已经够糟糕的了 |
[00:46] | Have you ever heard of anything more fury inspiring? | 你们有听说过比这更让人生气的事吗 |
[00:50] | I certainly have not. | 还真没有 |
[00:52] | Imagine the cheek of the man installing an illegal washer-dryer. | 敢违法安装洗衣烘干机的人脸皮要多厚啊 |
[00:56] | Oh, they’re not illegal. A lot of the units have them. | 噢 这不违法 很多单元都装了 |
[00:58] | You guys have a hook-up in the hall closet where you keep all those hats. | 你们还在走廊的壁橱里装了挂钩放帽子呢 |
[01:05] | First of all, I had completely forgotten about the hook-up. | 首先 我完全忘了挂钩的存在 |
[01:07] | Second of all, I believe the Homburg is poised for a comeback. | 其次 我深信洪堡毡帽一定会卷土重来的 |
[01:11] | And third, we have a more immediate problem | 再次 还有个更棘手的问题摆在我们面前 |
[01:14] | in the form of the evil waters of Cam Winston. | 那就是Cam Winston家滴下来的水 |
[01:17] | Yeah, about that. Maybe you could ask Mr. Winston | 是的 这个嘛 你可以和Winston先生谈谈 |
[01:20] | to not use the machine until we get that leak patched. | 等我们把漏水的地方修好以后 再用洗衣机 |
[01:22] | Wrong! We’ve got to teach Cam a lesson | 错 我们要教训教训Cam |
[01:23] | and shut his water off right now. | 现在就断了他家的水 |
[01:25] | That’s, uh, not our standard operating procedure. | 这可不是我们一贯的操作流程 |
[01:29] | Well, I could compensate you for your pains. | 好吧 我可以补偿你的损失哦 |
[01:35] | I gotta go all the way down to the basement. | 我可是要一路走到地下室 |
[01:39] | Perhaps this will help persuade you. | 或许这个能说服你哦 |
[01:44] | Might get me as far as 6. | 要给就给六张 |
[01:53] | Hello, all. | 各位好 |
[02:02] | It’s called a Segway. | 这是赛格威体感车 |
[02:04] | My friend Raul at the university is doing an experiment | 我的大学朋友Raul 正在做实验 |
[02:06] | on the psychological effects of technology, | 研究现代科技对人的心理效应 |
[02:08] | – and he asked me to ride it around. – Well, how do you like it? | – 他让我骑着它到处逛逛 – 噢 你觉得怎么样 |
[02:11] | Walking is but a distant memory. | 我已忘却走路是何滋味 |
[02:14] | Better yet, | 不仅如此 |
[02:15] | I can redirect the unused energy to other pursuits | 我还可以把节省下来的体力花在其他事情上 |
[02:18] | such as playing squash or lovemaking. | 比如 打壁球和啪啪啪上 |
[02:21] | Niles Oh, Niles. | |
[02:23] | I’m sorry, I’d love to stay and gawk, | 抱歉 虽然我很想留下来看热闹 |
[02:24] | but I’m at war. Come, Joe. | 但我还有仗要打 来吧 Joe |
[02:30] | – What was that about? – Oh, Cam Winston. | – 那是怎么回事 – 噢 Cam Winston |
[02:32] | Hey, can I have a ride on that thing? | 嘿 能让我骑一下吗 |
[02:34] | Nothing would please me more. But no. | 乐意至极 但是不行 |
[02:41] | One of the conditions of the experiment | 参加实验的条件之一 |
[02:42] | is that I can’t share the Segway with anyone. | 就是这辆体感车只有我能骑 |
[02:44] | Not even you, Daphne. I’m sorry. | 连你都不行 Daphne 抱歉 |
[02:46] | I can’t believe you agreed to that. | 真不敢相信你竟然同意了 |
[02:48] | Well, it was damned difficult, let me tell you. | 不瞒你说 其实一开始我是拒绝的 |
[02:51] | But I’ll make a note of your disappointment in my daily write-up. | 但我会把你的失望写进每日例行报告中 |
[02:55] | Well, I know we can’t ride it, | 好吧 我知道我们不能骑 |
[02:57] | but there’s a poor sick little dog here… | 但这条可怜的小病狗呢 |
[02:58] | Dad, again, | 老爸 我再说一遍 |
[02:59] | saying no is one of the prices we are all paying for science. | 拒绝也是我们要为科学付出的代价之一 |
[03:03] | Now, who wants a Fudgsicle? | 好 谁要吃软糖冰激凌 |
[03:10] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[03:11] | – Hello, Mr. Winston. – Hey, Cam, come on in. | – 你好 Winston先生 – 嘿 Cam 进来吧 |
[03:13] | Is Frasier at home? | Frasier在家吗 |
[03:15] | Someone has shut off my water, | 有人断了我家的水 |
[03:17] | and I suspect his hand is at the spigot. | 我猜是他在背后搞的鬼 |
[03:20] | Oh, jeez, that doesn’t sound like Fras. | 噢天 听起来不像Fras会做的事啊 |
[03:24] | Then you don’t know what he’s capable of. | 那你太不了解他的能耐 |
[03:26] | What’s the matter with your dog? He looks a little glassy-eyed. | 你的狗怎么了 看起来目光呆滞啊 |
[03:29] | He’s got a bug. I gotta take him to the vet. | 它生病了 我得带它去看兽医 |
[03:31] | Oh, well, my mother’s a vet, | 噢 我妈就是兽医 |
[03:33] | and she happens to be staying with me. | 碰巧她就和我住在一起 |
[03:34] | I’m sure she wouldn’t mind taking a look, | 我想她不介意帮你看看的 |
[03:36] | even if it is Frasier’s dog. | 即便是Frasier的狗 |
[03:37] | Oh, no, he’s mine. Frasier can’t stand him. | 噢 不 它是我的狗 Frasier可受不了它 |
[03:40] | Yeah, when he’s healthy, he jumps on Dr. Crane’s bed, | 是啊 当它没生病的时候会跳上Crane医生的床 |
[03:42] | drools on his pillow, chews on his slippers. | 在他的枕头上流口水 啃他的拖鞋 |
[03:45] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:48] | We gotta get this little rascal back up on his feet. | 那我们得让这个小坏蛋重新站起来 |
[03:55] | I’ve done some calculating, | 我刚算了一下 |
[03:57] | and in the last nine years, | 在过去的九年里 |
[03:59] | I’ve carried 2.8 tons of laundry approximately 106.4 miles | 我扛着2.8吨的衣物 走过了近171千米 |
[04:04] | back and forth to the basement. | 往返于地下室 |
[04:06] | That’s the same as carrying an SUV on my back to Canada. | 这相当于背着辆越野车去加拿大 |
[04:10] | Maybe we should ask him to buy a washer-dryer. | 也许我们该让他买个洗衣烘干机 |
[04:12] | Oh, there’s an idea. | 噢 好主意 |
[04:13] | I was gonna suggest moving the apartment closer to the laundry room. | 我原本打算建议他把家搬到洗衣间隔壁呢 |
[04:18] | Oh, hello, Dr. Winston. | 噢 你好 Winston医生 |
[04:20] | Hello, Daphne, Martin. | 你好 Daphne Martin |
[04:22] | – Hi. – I just came by to check on my patient. | – 嗨 – 我过来看看我的病人怎么样了 |
[04:24] | Oh, he’s much better. I’m off to do the laundry. | 它好多了 我去洗衣服了 |
[04:27] | You don’t have your own here? | 你们没有洗衣机吗 |
[04:30] | No, we have a hat museum. | 没有 我们只有帽子博物馆 |
[04:35] | – How’s our boy? – Oh, he’s doing great. | – 它怎么样 – 好得很 |
[04:37] | Those antibiotics worked wonders. | 那些抗生素堪称奇迹啊 |
[04:39] | – How about a cup of coffee? – Thanks. Cream, no sugar. | – 来杯咖啡吧 – 谢谢 加奶不加糖 |
[04:42] | – Okay. – He looks good. | – 好的 – 它看起来不错 |
[04:45] | Well, Eddie’s tough. | 是啊 Eddie很坚强 |
[04:47] | Plus, the smartest dog ever. | 而且是有史以来最聪明的狗 |
[04:49] | I always thought Border collies were the smartest dogs. | 我一直以为边境牧羊犬才是最聪明的 |
[04:56] | Well, it’s obvious you haven’t had much exposure to dogs. | 噢 很显然你不太接触狗 |
[04:59] | Uh, what were you, a zoo doctor? | 呃 你是干什么的 动物园医生 |
[05:02] | No, I just treat pets and their owners’ egos. | 不是 我专治宠物还有狂妄自大的主人 |
[05:05] | Ho, ho, yeah, tell me. Cat people. | 噢 没错 那些养猫的啊 |
[05:10] | Well, it’s really handy having a vet right here in the building. | 嗯 楼里有个宠物医生可真太方便了 |
[05:13] | It’s only temporary. | 只是暂时的 |
[05:15] | They’re doing some remodelling on my house. | 我家正在改造翻修 |
[05:17] | It was only supposed to take a few weeks. | 本来只要几周的 |
[05:20] | Then Cam found out. | 但被Cam知道了 |
[05:22] | Suddenly I’m getting new bay windows | 突然间我就要拥有几扇凸窗 |
[05:24] | and a kitchen based on something he saw in English Home magazine. | 还有一个他在<英国之家>杂志上看到的厨房了 |
[05:28] | – You have no idea. – No, unfortunately, I do. | – 你想都想不到 – 不 不幸的是 我懂 |
[05:33] | Hello, Dad. Oh, Dr. Winston. | 你好 老爸 噢 Winston医生 |
[05:35] | Hello, Frasier. Martin, I’ve got to be going. | 你好 Frasier 我得走了 Martin |
[05:38] | Oh, okay. Well, thanks for stopping by to see Eddie. | 哦好 感谢你专程来看Eddie |
[05:40] | Oh, it was no problem. | 噢 不用谢 |
[05:42] | Oh, Frasier, I almost forgot. This is for you from Cam. | 噢 Frasier 我差点忘了 这是Cam给你的 |
[05:46] | Oh, well, thank you, Dr. Winston. | 噢 谢谢 Winston医生 |
[05:49] | Nice seeing you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[05:51] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[05:55] | What was that about? | 刚刚是怎么回事 |
[05:58] | Oh, she just came to see Eddie. | 噢 她就是过来看看Eddie |
[06:00] | Kind of a medical/social visit. | 算是次医疗兼社交拜访 |
[06:02] | Social? | 社交 |
[06:04] | Dear God, don’t tell me that you and that scoundrel’s mother… | 老天 别告诉我你和那无赖的妈妈 |
[06:06] | Hey, Frasier, take it easy. We just had a cup of coffee. | 嘿 Frasier 别紧张 我们俩就喝了杯咖啡 |
[06:12] | Oh,yes, all the pieces suddenly fit. | 哦 没错 一切都说得通了 |
[06:17] | – What is it? – It’s a bill from Cam. | – 怎么回事 – 这是Cam开的账单 |
[06:20] | Apprently turning off his water | 显然断他家的水 |
[06:21] | has ruined the clothes that were in his washing machine. | 把洗衣机里的衣服都给毁了 |
[06:23] | Those clothes were already ruined just by being on Cam Winston. | 这些衣服从穿在他身上的那一刻就已经被毁了 |
[06:27] | Well, then don’t pay it. Have another fight. | 好吧 那就别付钱 再打一架 |
[06:29] | The battle is joined. I will not let that… | 战斗已经打响了 我是不会让 |
[06:32] | That Mata Hari drag you into this. | 那位美女间谍把你也卷进来的 |
[06:34] | From this day forward, no more Winstons in, this, my house. | 从今天起 Winstons家的人别想踏进来一步 |
[06:44] | – Hey, Marty. – Oh, hi, Cora. | – 嘿 Marty – 噢 嗨 Cora |
[06:47] | Oh, be careful. | 噢 当心 |
[06:49] | Frasier catches you petting Eddie, it’ll be the pound for him. | Frasier看到你摸Eddie会晕死过去的 |
[06:52] | Cam actually forbade me from coming to your apartment. | Cam竟然不准我再去你家 |
[06:56] | And they’re so alike, you’d think they’d get along. | 他们的反应真是一模一样 还以为他们会合得来呢 |
[07:01] | Hi, Cam. | 嗨 Cam |
[07:03] | Good afternoon, Mr. Crane. | 下午好 Crane先生 |
[07:07] | Come along, Mother. I’ve already checked the mail. | 来吧 妈妈 我已经检查过信箱了 |
[07:11] | I’ll be up in a minute. Don’t worry. | 我马上就上去 别担心 |
[07:15] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[07:17] | Carry on. | 你们继续 |
[07:24] | I can’t believe that’s my son. | 难以置信那竟然是我儿子 |
[07:27] | What has gotten into him? | 他中了什么邪 |
[07:28] | Oh, why would they want to drag us into their feud? | 噢 为什么要把我们卷入他们的恩怨争斗中去 |
[07:31] | I think it’s because if we’re friends, | 因为一旦我们成为朋友 |
[07:34] | then they have to at least try to be nice. | 他们就必须试着和平共处 |
[07:36] | Ha, ha. Hey, you know what? We should get married. | 哈哈 嘿 你猜怎么着 我们俩应该结婚 |
[07:39] | – Really make them suffer. – Oh, my. | – 好好折磨他们 – 噢天 |
[07:42] | It’d be worth it just to see the looks on their faces. | 哪怕是就看他们脸上的表情也值了 |
[07:51] | – Dad? – Oh. | – 老爸 – 噢 |
[07:53] | Dr. Winston. I see you’ve checked the mail already. | Winston医生 我看你已经检查过信箱了 |
[07:56] | Oh, yeah, here you go. | 噢 对 拿去吧 |
[08:20] | – Good morning. – Morning. Is he still asleep? | – 早上去 – 早上好 他还睡着呢 |
[08:22] | I just heard his alarm, so we have to hurry. | 我刚听见他闹钟响了 我们得快点 |
[08:24] | Okay. I can’t believe we’re doing this. It’s so mean. | 好的 真不敢相信我们竟然会做这种事 太坏了 |
[08:28] | I know. Isn’t it great? | 我知道 是不是很棒 |
[08:41] | – Good morning, sweetheart. – Oh, hello, Cam. | – 早上好 宝贝 – 噢 你好 Cam |
[08:49] | Hello. | 你好 |
[08:51] | Oh, flip you for the sports page. | 噢 帮你翻到体育那一版了 |
[08:53] | Oh, I don’t have a quarter. I’ll just get my pants. | 噢 我身上没有硬币 我去穿个裤子 |
[08:56] | Oh, thanks, buddy. | 噢 谢谢 哥们儿 |
[09:01] | Can I fix you some breakfast, baby? | 早饭想吃点什么 宝贝 |
[09:03] | Uh, just toast and coffee. | 噢 吐司和咖啡就行 |
[09:04] | I was talking to Cam. | 我在问Cam |
[09:08] | Whoops. | 啊哦 |
[09:10] | You know, actually, I’m not that hungry. | 呃 其实 我也没有那么饿 |
[09:13] | I’ll get something on the way to work. | 我在路上买点吃的就行 |
[09:24] | – That was perfect. – Yeah. | – 简直完美 – 没错 |
[09:26] | You don’t think we went too far, do you? | 我们没有玩得太过头吧 |
[09:28] | Not yet. | 还远着呢 |
[09:39] | Daphne Daphne! | |
[09:43] | Daphne Daphne! | |
[09:46] | Daphne! Da… | Daphne 爸 |
[09:57] | Dr. Winston. | Winston医生 |
[09:58] | – Morning. – Morning. | – 早上好 – 早上好 |
[10:00] | Yes. Good morning. | 早上好 |
[10:04] | How did this…? | 这一切是 |
[10:06] | – How did you sleep? – Oh. | – 睡得怎么样 – 噢 |
[10:09] | Like a couple of logs. | 睡得和死猪一样 |
[10:10] | More like two baby kittens curled up in a tight, fuzzy ball. | 更像两只小猫蜷缩着相拥而眠 |
[10:18] | God, you’re cute. Isn’t she, Frasier? | 天 你真可爱 对吧 Frasier |
[10:21] | – Oh, dear, I should probably go. – Oh… | – 哦天 我该走了 – 噢 |
[10:25] | – Bye, sweetie. – Bye, sweetheart. | – 拜拜 甜心 – 再见 甜心 |
[10:28] | Bye, Frasier. | 再见 Frasier |
[10:33] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[10:35] | Nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[10:38] | What the hell’s going on? | 到底发生了什么 |
[10:41] | What does it look like? | 你觉得呢 |
[10:43] | Dad, are you crazy? | 老爸 你疯了吗 |
[10:44] | She’s a Winston. | 她是Winston家的人 |
[10:46] | She’s probably just leading you on so she can break your heart. | 她可能是在勾引你 这样就可以伤透你的心 |
[10:48] | That’s exactly the kind of thing Cam would do to hurt me. | Cam为了报复 可是连这种事都做得出来 |
[10:51] | Boy, you know, I finally find a woman I like and who seems to like me, | 我好不容易找到一个相互喜欢的女人 |
[10:54] | and all you can think about is your stupid feud. | 而你满脑子想的就是你那愚蠢至极的血海深仇 |
[10:57] | I’m just a little surprised. | 我就是有点惊讶 |
[10:59] | I didn’t realise things were going so fast. | 我没想到事情会进展得这么快 |
[11:00] | Well, then it’s a good thing you found out, | 好吧 被你发现也是好事 |
[11:02] | because things could get more serious. A lot more serious. | 因为事情会变得越来越认真 非常认真 |
[11:05] | What does that mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[11:06] | Well, let’s just say I wouldn’t mind having a stepson. | 这么说吧 我不介意再有一个儿子 |
[11:13] | Dad, now you’re just provoking me, aren’t you? | 老爸 你就是想激怒我 对吧 |
[11:16] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[11:18] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[11:20] | Are you? | 是不是 |
[11:22] | Good morning, Dr. Crane. | 早上好 Crane医生 |
[11:25] | There you are. | 你在这儿 |
[11:32] | What is the meaning of this? | 这是什么意思 |
[11:36] | Where is his mate? | 另一只袜子呢 |
[11:39] | I’m sorry. I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 抱歉 我不知道你在说什么 |
[11:41] | My favourite pair of socks reduced to a single argyle. | 我最爱的菱格袜子只剩下一只了 |
[11:45] | Nor is this the only example. | 不止一双是这样 |
[11:46] | The keen observer yesterday would have noticed | 只要你昨天敏锐观察 都会注意到 |
[11:48] | that I left the apartment wearing two shades of black. | 我离开公寓时穿的是两只菱格袜子 |
[11:52] | Explanation, please. | 请给我一个解释 |
[11:57] | I’m sorry, Dr. Crane. | 抱歉 Crane医生 |
[11:59] | I’m forced to do the laundry downstairs, | 我不得不去楼下洗衣服 |
[12:01] | and I guess your socks are just too tempting to the neighbours. | 大概你的袜子对邻居们来说太诱人了 |
[12:05] | Of course, you’re welcome to go down there yourself and stand guard. | 当然 你也可以自己下去守着你的袜子 |
[12:10] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[12:12] | And if we had our own washer-dryer, | 如果我们有自己的洗衣烘干机 |
[12:16] | there would be no more lost socks. | 就不会再丢袜子了 |
[12:19] | I will not be strong-armed by threats against my laundry. | 休想拿洗衣服威胁我 我是不会屈服的 |
[12:26] | Suit yourself. | 随你的便 |
[12:27] | I’m off to do a load of your pinks. | 我去洗你的粉袜子了 |
[12:32] | – I don’t have any pinks. – You will. | – 我没有粉袜子 – 马上就有了 |
[12:40] | – Are you okay? – I’m fine. | – 你没事吧 – 没事 |
[12:43] | You seem like you’ve been in a lousy mood lately. | 你最近情绪有点低落啊 |
[12:46] | It’s just that they put soymilk in my latte. | 因为他们在我的拿铁里加了豆奶 |
[12:49] | I don’t like soymilk. | 我不喜欢豆奶 |
[12:52] | If it doesn’t come from a teat or an udder, it isn’t milk. | 不从乳头或乳房中挤出来的 都不是牛奶 |
[12:55] | Oh, terrific. | 噢 太棒了 |
[12:57] | Here comes Niles on his fabulous showing-up-Frasier contraption. | Niles骑着他那酷炫的显摆给Frasier看的装置来了 |
[13:01] | All he wants is attention, so don’t give him any. | 他就是想要引人注目 别让他得逞 |
[13:07] | Greetings, foot people. | 徒步者 你们好啊 |
[13:10] | How are things back in the twentieth century? | 十九世纪的日子怎么样 |
[13:13] | Wow, that looks like fun. | 哇 看起来很好玩 |
[13:16] | Fun? I suppose it is. I never really thought about it. | 好玩 我想是的 我还真没想到过这个 |
[13:18] | You see, the Segway is more of a productivity tool. | 你看 体感车更像是一种提高效能的工具 |
[13:20] | – Yeah, do you think I could…? – No, go away. | – 噢 那你觉得能不能让我 – 不行 走开 |
[13:23] | Not the only tool. | 又不是唯一的工具(傻瓜) |
[13:27] | Uh… Oh, I haven’t ordered yet. | 呃 噢 我还没点单呢 |
[13:28] | It’s on the house. We love the machine. | 这是免费的 我们喜欢这机器 |
[13:30] | That is so nice. | 太好了 |
[13:33] | You know, I think I’ve seen just about enough. | 你知道吗 我觉得我已经看够了 |
[13:35] | Free food and drink | 免费的食物和饮料 |
[13:36] | just because you’ve shown them something new. | 就因为你给他们看了样新玩意儿 |
[13:38] | I tell you what, let’s all paint our bottoms | 我告诉你 不如我们都粉刷下屁股 |
[13:39] | and run to the sandwich shop. | 然后跑到三明治店去 |
[13:42] | My, my. Feelings of inadequacy. | 噢 噢 心理不平衡了 |
[13:45] | Typical reaction from the unwheeled. | 无车族的典型反应 |
[13:47] | I’ll make a note of your grumpiness. | 我会把你的愤怒记录下来的 |
[13:49] | If I’m grumpy, it’s because of Cam Winston. | 我生气也是因为Cam Winston |
[13:51] | Do you realise that Dad and Cam’s mother are dating? | 你知道老爸和Cam的妈妈在约会吗 |
[13:54] | Yes, I do, and I think it’s great. | 是的 我知道 我觉得挺好的 |
[13:56] | Honestly, Frasier, you have to loosen up. | 说实话 Frasier 你应该放松一下 |
[13:58] | Openness to new ideas is the hallmark of our new century. | 开放包容是我们新时代的特征 |
[14:09] | – Don’t you hope he gets hit by a car? – Mm. | – 你是不是希望他被车撞死 – 嗯 |
[14:13] | Excuse me. Can I please get another cup of coffee? | 打扰一下 能不能给我换杯咖啡 |
[14:15] | No soymilk this time. | 这次别加豆奶了 |
[14:18] | So that’s what’s bugging you. | 所以这才是你的烦心事 |
[14:20] | – Your dad has a new girlfriend. – Hmm? | – 你爸爸交新女朋友了 – 嗯 |
[14:23] | No, I’m just afraid he’s gonna get hurt. | 不是 我就是怕他受伤 |
[14:25] | No, you are not. You’re afraid you have to be nice to Cam. | 不 你才不是担心这个 你是怕要对Cam表现得友好 |
[14:27] | I am nice. Cam’s insufferable. | 我很友好 Cam才让人难以忍受 |
[14:29] | Okay, fine. Whatever. Here’s what I’d do. | 好吧 行 随你便 我会这么做 |
[14:32] | Be the first one to make peace. | 主动提出和解 |
[14:34] | Then you’ll be the bigger man | 这样对你爸爸和他的女朋友而言 |
[14:35] | to your dad and to his girlfriend, | 你就是个宽容大度的人 |
[14:36] | and it’ll drive Cam nuts. | 而且还可以逼疯Cam |
[14:40] | That’s good, Roz. | 主意不错 Roz |
[14:42] | Seize the high ground. | 先发制人 |
[14:44] | You know, I’ll offer Cam an apology and he’ll be trumped. | 我会向Cam赔礼道歉 他就甘拜下风吧 |
[14:48] | Hello. | 你好 |
[14:50] | Cam Cam. | |
[14:53] | I was just about to call you. | 我刚要打电话给你 |
[14:57] | A truce, you say? | 你说休战 |
[15:00] | I’m sorry, I can’t hear you. | 抱歉 我听不见 |
[15:02] | You’re break… Up. | 断断续续的 |
[15:05] | I’m afraid my ba… Is low on pow… | 恐怕 我的手机 没电了 |
[15:12] | Son of a bitch is trying to steal my high ground. | 这混蛋想要先我一步 |
[15:18] | Hello, Crane. Glad you could make it, I guess. | 你好 Crane 很高兴你能来 大概吧 |
[15:22] | Spare me your honey-glazed pleasantries, Cam. | 省去你那套花言巧语的客气话 Cam |
[15:24] | I am here to roll up my sleeves and end our feud. | 我来这儿是打算和你冰释前嫌的 |
[15:28] | As am I. That’s why I called you. | 我也是 这也是我打电话给你的原因 |
[15:30] | Just for the record, it was my idea to apologise first. | 事先声明 道歉是我的主意 |
[15:34] | Well, that seems appropriate, | 听起来很合理 |
[15:35] | since you’re the one who shut off the water and ruined my clothes. | 毕竟是你断了我的水 弄坏了我的衣服 |
[15:39] | That, sir, is a fraction of the story. | 先生 那只是故事的一部分 |
[15:42] | Since you moved into this building, | 自从你搬进这栋楼 |
[15:44] | you have encroached upon my parking space, | 你就侵占了我的停车位 |
[15:45] | you have undermined my position with the condo board, | 削弱了我在业委会上的地位 |
[15:48] | and you killed a magnificent Virginia creeper. | 你还杀死了一株漂亮的弗吉尼亚爬山虎 |
[15:51] | Which you gleefully encouraged to climb the balcony | 你兴高采烈地指使它爬上阳台 |
[15:53] | and choke my dangling ivy. | 勒死了我挂着的常春藤 |
[15:55] | I thought it was marijuana. | 我以为那是株大麻 |
[15:58] | Dangling ivy looks nothing like marijuana. | 挂着的常春藤看起来一点也不像大麻 |
[16:01] | Well, I’m sure I wouldn’t know. | 好吧 我还真不知道 |
[16:06] | This is getting us nowhere, Crane. | 这样下去没有意义 Crane |
[16:09] | Agreed. Agreed. | 同意 同意 |
[16:12] | I guess we’ll never really see eye to eye, | 我想我们永远无法达成一致 |
[16:15] | but I am resolved | 但我下定决心 |
[16:17] | to put aside our differences for the sake of our parents. | 抛开分歧 看在我们父母的份上 |
[16:20] | For the sake of our parents. | 看在我们父母的份上 |
[16:23] | Where are they anyway? | 他们现在在哪儿 |
[16:26] | Downstairs watching Court TV. | 在楼下看法庭频道 |
[16:29] | Ah. It’s all about romance with you Cranes, isn’t it? | 啊 姓Crane的可真浪漫啊 对吧 |
[16:32] | Now, you see, there you go again. | 看吧 你又来了 |
[16:33] | I lower my guard, you slap me in the face. | 我一放松警惕 你就扇我一记耳光 |
[16:36] | All right, I apologise. | 好吧 我道歉 |
[16:38] | And as a token of my sincerity, | 为了表达我的诚意 |
[16:41] | I pledge to pay for whatever damage my washer-dryer may have caused. | 我承诺支付洗衣烘干机造成的一切损失 |
[16:48] | Well done. | 很好 |
[16:50] | And in the same spirit of hatchet burying, | 本着捐弃前嫌的精神 |
[16:54] | I agree to pay for your ruined clothes. Cheers. | 我同意赔偿你损坏的衣服 干杯 |
[17:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:07] | Since things seem to be off on such a good foot, | 既然事情正朝着好的方向发展 |
[17:10] | perhaps now is the time to discuss the mailbox situation. | 不如趁现在讨论一下信箱问题 |
[17:14] | You wanna switch, don’t you? | 你想换 是不是 |
[17:15] | As a tall man, I dislike having to stoop for my mail. | 作为一个高个儿 我不喜欢拿封信还要弯腰 |
[17:18] | Indeed. | 确实 |
[17:19] | Well, I would prefer to set aside that explosive issue | 好吧 我更倾向于先确认停战状态 |
[17:21] | until we’re sure the truce will hold. | 再讨论这一极具争议的问题 |
[17:23] | I see. | 我明白 |
[17:26] | Fair enough. | 很好 |
[17:29] | Unless you’re willing to agree on some sort of noise-abatement framework. | 除非你愿意达成某种噪音控制协议 |
[17:32] | You see, you have a unique sliding gait, Cam. | 你走路的步伐很独特 Cam |
[17:36] | When you wear your heeled boots, the resultant: | 当你穿着高跟靴的时候 就会发出 |
[17:39] | Shh, clop, shh, clop, shh clop, | 嘘 叩 嘘 叩 嘘 叩 |
[17:41] | well, it just sounds like a dancing pony in my apartment. | 听起来就像是我的公寓里有匹马在跳舞 |
[17:44] | Perhaps we should get some paper so we can write all this down. | 也许我们应该找几张纸 然后白纸黑字写下来 |
[17:52] | Fine. I will arrange an introduction to my sweater weaver. | 行啊 我会帮你引荐我的毛衣编织师 |
[17:56] | Good. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[17:59] | But then I must insist on the formula to your bath blend. | 但你必须告诉我你沐浴露的配方 |
[18:12] | I think we were closer on an earlier draft. | 我觉得还是前一版比较好 |
[18:14] | Concur. | 同意 |
[18:20] | – Hey, Niles. – Mm-hm. | – 嘿 Niles – 嗯 |
[18:22] | That Truffaut film you like is playing down at the LaSalle. | 你喜欢的那部特吕弗的电影正在拉萨尔上映 |
[18:25] | Oh, sounds tempting. | 噢 听起来很诱人 |
[18:27] | Oh, but the people behind me wouldn’t be able to see. | 但这样的话坐在我后面的人就看不见了 |
[18:32] | I guess we’ll stay in then. | 我想还是呆在家吧 |
[18:34] | I’m going to go take a bath. | 我去洗个澡 |
[18:36] | It’s too bad you have to stay on that. | 真可惜 你必须要待在车上 |
[18:38] | I could use a third and a fourth hand. | 我可能需要第三第四只手 |
[18:43] | Oh… Uh… Uh… | 噢 呃 呃 |
[18:46] | Wait, wait, Daphne, Daphne, Daphne, there we go. | 等一下 等一下 Daphne Daphne Daphne 好了 |
[18:50] | Coming. You wait there. I’ll light the candles. | 来了 你等着别动 我去点蜡烛 |
[18:54] | So long, sucker. Ha! | 再见啦 傻瓜 哈 |
[18:57] | – Daphne, what are you doing? – Whoo! | – Daphne 你在干什么 – 哇 |
[18:59] | Hold the door. Whoo-hoo! | 别关门 哇哦 |
[19:08] | – Hey, boys. – Have you two been fighting? | – 嘿 孩子们 – 你们俩有吵架吗 |
[19:11] | On the contrary. | 恰恰相反 |
[19:12] | Cam and I are here to announce | Cam和我是来宣布 |
[19:14] | the cessation of all hostilities between us. | 我们俩之间的敌对状态已经终结 |
[19:17] | We are officially friends. | 我们正式成为朋友了 |
[19:19] | – As defined by the treaty. – Ah. | – 依照协议的界定 – 啊 |
[19:23] | Well, that means a lot to us. | 好啊 这对我们而言意义重大 |
[19:25] | Oh, I think it’s safe to say | 噢 我可以很有把握地说 |
[19:26] | that we’ve entered a whole new era of cooper… | 我们已经步入了新的合作阶段 |
[19:32] | Did you get that at Mueller’s Antiques? | 你这是在穆勒古董店买的吗 |
[19:33] | Yes, as a matter of fact I did. | 是的 我确实是在那里买的 |
[19:35] | It represents a great triumph for me. | 对我而言 它代表着一场伟大胜利 |
[19:36] | You see, I snatched it from | 听着 我是从一位收藏家的 |
[19:37] | under the nose of a collector who had actually put a… | 眼皮子底下抢来的 |
[19:41] | You were saying it’s a new era of cooperation. | 你刚刚说新一阶段的合作 |
[19:46] | How wonderful. | 太好了 |
[19:47] | You should celebrate. | 你们应该庆祝一下 |
[19:49] | The two of you should go to the symphony tonight. | 你们俩应该去今晚的演奏会 |
[19:51] | Uh, but I thought you and I were going. | 呃 但我以为是你和我去 |
[19:54] | I’m going to stay here with Martin. | 我要呆在这儿陪着Martin |
[19:56] | – Well, I suppose. – Well, then you’d better hurry. | – 好吧 也行 – 好的 那你们俩最好快点 |
[19:59] | Cam likes to preorder his intermission cocktail. | Cam喜欢提前预定中场休息的酒水 |
[20:02] | Oh. You mean you don’t have a standing order? | 噢 你是说他没有固定订单 |
[20:05] | Well, we’d better hurry then. We’ll take my car. | 好吧 那我们得快点 开我的车 |
[20:08] | I’ve seen you drive. We’ll take mine. | 我看过你开车 还是开我的吧 |
[20:09] | What, your Humvee? I think not. | 什么 你的悍马 算了吧 |
[20:12] | Not in front of the parents, Crane. | 别在父母面前吵 Crane |
[20:14] | – Whoo-hoo! – Daphne, Daphne, Daphne. | – 哇噢 – Daphne Daphne Daphne |
[20:20] | I can’t believe they’re gonna spend the whole evening together. | 真不敢相信他们要共处一整个晚上 |
[20:23] | Oh, I know. If they get through it alive, | 噢 我懂 如果他俩能挺过来 |
[20:26] | we should probably tell them the truth. | 我们应该告诉他们真相 |
[20:28] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[20:30] | Too bad. It was fun being your boyfriend for a few days. | 太遗憾了 做你几天的男朋友还挺有趣的 |
[20:34] | – It was. – Ha-ha-ha. | – 是啊 – 哈哈哈 |
[20:36] | Still, all good things must come to an end. | 但是 天下没有不散的筵席 |
[20:53] | But who knows when? | 但是谁知道什么时候散呢 |