时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Well, it’s official. | 好了 这是真的了 |
[00:11] | Once again, there is no room | 我又没有机会 |
[00:12] | for me at the Yo-Yo Ma Orchestral Fantasy Camp. | 去马友友梦幻管弦乐训练营了 |
[00:17] | Hello. | 你好 |
[00:18] | Frasier, this is my cousin Jen. | Frasier 这是我表妹Jen |
[00:20] | She’s visiting this week, remember? | 她这周要来玩 记得吗 |
[00:22] | Oh, yes, of course. So how are you enjoying Seattle? | 记得 当然 你觉得西雅图怎么样 |
[00:24] | Well, I’ve been living in London, so Seattle seems a little lame. | 我一直住在伦敦 所以感觉西雅图不怎么样 |
[00:28] | – No offense. – Oh, none taken. So you like London? | – 无意冒犯 – 没关系 所以你喜欢伦敦咯 |
[00:32] | Not really. | 也不是 |
[00:34] | – It’s like a parody of itself. – How so? | – 伦敦就像自己的山寨版 – 怎么说 |
[00:37] | Oh, you know, double decker buses, bobbies, little pubs. | 你知道 双层巴士呀 英国警察呀 小酒吧呀 |
[00:41] | It’s like EPCOT but even fakier. | 就像更假的艾波卡特 |
[00:44] | So I bailed. Went and spent some time in Florence. | 所以我走了 去佛罗伦萨过了些日子 |
[00:47] | – Ah, Firenze. How is she? – I gotta say, Florence is over. | – 佛罗伦萨啊 她怎么样 – 我必须说 佛罗伦萨完了 |
[00:53] | It was probably cool, | 在美国人发现它之前 |
[00:54] | before all the Americans found out about it. | 那里也许还挺酷的 |
[00:57] | – You mean three hundred years ago? – Exactly. | – 你是说300年前 – 正是 |
[01:00] | That’s why I’m going to Vietnam. | 所以我要去越南了 |
[01:02] | Americans have never even heard of it. | 美国人从没听说过那 |
[01:06] | Ah. Well, you know, | 啊 你知道的 |
[01:07] | I’m afraid I have to bail on this conversation, | 我恐怕不能和你们聊了 |
[01:09] | I have a show to prepare for. Roz, | 我还有个节目要准备 Roz |
[01:11] | when are we doing those promos? This evening? | 我们什么时候做宣传片 今晚吗 |
[01:12] | Oh, I had to reschedule those, | 噢得改时间了 |
[01:14] | cause Jen and I are goin’ out tonight! | 因为Jen和我今晚上要出去玩 |
[01:16] | A guy I met on the internet is in this band. | 我在网上认识的一个人是乐队成员 |
[01:19] | We’re going to go check them out, have a few drinks, | 我们就要去会会这些人 喝喝小酒 |
[01:21] | watch all the losers. Wanna come? | 围观那些失败者 想去吗 |
[01:24] | While no stranger to the discotheque, | 虽然舞厅无生人 |
[01:27] | I’m afraid it will have to be you and Roz this evening. | 恐怕今晚只有你和Roz去了 |
[01:30] | This is our first time going out since I was a kid. | 这是从我小时候起 我俩第一次出去玩 |
[01:33] | When she used to baby-sit me, | 在她照顾我时 |
[01:34] | she was always dragging me on some wild adventure. | 她经常拖我去做一些疯狂冒险 |
[01:37] | Like that time we changed | 就像上一次 |
[01:38] | the sign from “SCHOOL ASSEMBLY” To “COOL ASS”? | 我们把”全校大会”改成了”炫酷屁屁” |
[01:41] | – Oh, my God. – Charming. | – 噢 天啊 – 不错呀 |
[01:43] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你不懂 |
[01:45] | The town we grew up in, was totally boring. | 我们长大的那个镇子 实在是太无聊了 |
[01:48] | It was like Kill Yourself, USA, right? | 堪称美国无聊而死镇 |
[01:51] | – Roz was the only person who did anything fun. – Is that so? | – Roz是唯一一个做有趣事的人 – 是吗 |
[01:55] | Yeah. My mom calls me “Roz Junior,” | 是啊 我妈叫我小Roz |
[01:57] | Which is what passes for wit where we come from. | 就是因为我俩都遗传了小聪明 |
[02:01] | And, our town has the world’s… | 还有 我们那个镇有世界 |
[02:03] | …fourth largest thermometer! | 第四大温度计 |
[02:08] | Yes, well… | 呃 好吧 |
[02:11] | …I can see why London really let you down. | 我知道伦敦为什么让你失望了 |
[02:15] | – Hey, Doc. – Hi, Kenny. | – 嗨 医生 – 嗨 Kenny |
[02:17] | Remember last month when you spent | 还记得上个月你用了 |
[02:18] | your whole show talking to that pregnant teenager? | 整场节目和那个怀孕少女谈话吗 |
[02:20] | – Yes. – Well, it wasn’t a total waste. | – 记得 – 不完全是浪费时间 |
[02:23] | We just got nominated for | 我们刚刚得到 |
[02:25] | an Excellence in Broadcasting Decency Award. | 优秀广播礼仪奖的提名了 |
[02:27] | Really? Well, that is quite an honor. | 真的吗 那可太荣幸了 |
[02:30] | I don’t think we’ve ever won one of those. | 我觉得我们从没得到过这种奖吧 |
[02:31] | It’s a very prestigious award. | 这可是个有声望的大奖 |
[02:33] | That’s what makes it so special when they call your name. | 所以他们公布你名字的那一刻很特别 |
[02:38] | You know, it’s heavier than it looks. | 还有 那个奖杯比看起来重 |
[02:42] | You don’t want to drop | 这样说吧 你可不想 |
[02:42] | one of those on your foot, let me tell you. | 让这个东西砸在脚上 |
[02:45] | So you won one. | 所以说你赢过一个 |
[02:46] | Yeah, it’s in a box in my office. | 对 就在我办公室一个箱子里 |
[02:48] | You can come by sometime and I’ll show you. | 你哪天过来我给你看看 |
[02:49] | Honestly, Kenny, when are you going to unpack those boxes? | 说真的 Kenny 你多久才能把你那些箱子都收拾了 |
[02:51] | Isn’t four years enough time to make that office your own? | 难道四年还不足以布置好那里吗 |
[02:54] | Negatory, Doc. Every time I unpack in a new job, I get fired. | 不 医生 每次我在新工作里打开箱子 我就会被炒 |
[02:58] | Tacoma, Moline, | 塔利马港 莫林 |
[03:00] | Moline again… | 莫林第二次 |
[03:02] | I learned my lesson; those boxes stay packed. | 我得到了教训 那些箱子得继续收着 |
[03:05] | So that’s why you haven’t unpacked. You know, all this time, | 怪不得你不拆箱 你知道吗 这么久以来 |
[03:07] | I’ve been using you on my | 我都在节目里 |
[03:08] | radio show as an example of procrastination. | 拿你当拖延症的例子 |
[03:12] | I had no idea you were just living in fear. | 完全不知道你只是生活在恐惧中 |
[03:15] | I prefer to see it as a healthy superstition. | 我更愿意把这看作一种健康的迷信 |
[03:18] | Kenny, there’s no such thing as a healthy superstition. | Kenny 没有什么健康的迷信这种事 |
[03:20] | Oh yeah? What do you call | 是吗 那你把 |
[03:21] | washing your hands after you go to the bathroom? | 上完厕所要洗手叫做什么 |
[03:33] | Look at this place. | 看看这儿 |
[03:35] | Dad, I don’t believe you’ve thrown | 爸 自从Daphne搬去和Niles一起住后 |
[03:36] | out a single newspaper since Daphne moved in with Niles. | 你可真是一张报纸都没丢过呀 |
[03:38] | Hey, it was your idea to | 嘿 那是你提出 |
[03:39] | split up the chores. Recycling is your deal. | 要分担家务的 回收归你管 |
[03:42] | Recycling and floors, remember? | 回收垃圾和清理地板 记得吗 |
[03:45] | I’m in charge of regular garbage and tabletops, | 我负责普通垃圾和清理桌面 |
[03:49] | both of which are nicely under control, I might add. | 我得说 这两项都得到了有效控制 |
[03:53] | Really? I count three snack | 真的吗 我数了数有3个 |
[03:54] | plates around your chair, all of them on tabletops. | 小吃盘在你椅子边上 可全都是在桌面上 |
[04:05] | Not anymore. | 没了吧 |
[04:08] | All right, what’s it gonna take for | 好吧 该怎么让你 |
[04:10] | you to start doing your share of the work around here? | 开始做你该做的家务 |
[04:14] | Trade me floors for garbage. | 我负责地板你负责垃圾 |
[04:18] | You’ll really take care | 要是我收拾垃圾 |
[04:18] | of all the floors if I handle the garbage? | 你真的会清理所有地板吗 |
[04:21] | That’s right. | 我会的 |
[04:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:30] | Okay, you got a deal, Mister. | 好 那就成交 先生 |
[04:34] | – Hi, Daph. – Hello. | – 嗨 Daph – 嗨 |
[04:36] | Why’s all your garbage stacked up in the hallway? | 为啥所有你们的垃圾都堆在走廊上 |
[04:41] | That’s right, why is that, Frasier? | 对呀 为什么呢 Frasier |
[04:45] | Your game is deep. | 你真有心机啊 |
[04:48] | My, things are a bit untidy around here, aren’t they? | 我的天 这儿有点不太整洁哦 是吧 |
[04:51] | Maybe I’ll just clean up these dishes before we get started. | 也许我该先把这些盘子收拾收拾 |
[04:54] | Daphne, you don’t have to do that. | Daphne 你不用做这些 |
[04:55] | That’s true. You’re not our slave anymore. | 对呀 你不再是我们的奴隶了 |
[04:59] | I’m not gonna do all of it, just the tabletops. | 我又不是什么都做 就把桌子收拾了 |
[05:02] | Aw, that’s sweet of you. | 嗷 你可真好 |
[05:10] | Burn. | 完胜 |
[05:16] | No, o, no. | 没有 没地方了 |
[05:17] | – Well, there’s room at Roz’s table. – No! | – Roz那桌还有位置 – 不要 |
[05:21] | I find her cousin Jen just a bit judgmental for my taste. | 我觉得她表妹Jen对我来说有点太刻薄了 |
[05:26] | Yesterday she told me that my show was bourgeois. | 昨天她说我的节目是资产阶级的 |
[05:29] | I pointed out that anything that had mass appeal | 我指出了任何有吸引力的东西 |
[05:31] | could be called bourgeois. | 都可以说成是资产阶级的 |
[05:33] | She then said that my argument was bourgeois. | 她又说我这个论点也是资产阶级的 |
[05:36] | Which I found to be jejeune. | 我觉得她这样十分幼稚无知 |
[05:40] | People in their twenties are always like that. | 20多岁的年轻人都这样 |
[05:42] | The world is so daunting at that age. | 那个年纪的世界令人胆怯 |
[05:45] | They comfort themselves | 他们安慰自己 |
[05:46] | with the idea that everything’s just trash. | 所有东西都只是垃圾 |
[05:48] | We were like that in medical school. | 我们在医学院的时候也像那样啊 |
[05:50] | Acting as if we were above it all, smarter than everybody. | 表现得像我们是至高无上的 比任何人都聪明 |
[05:55] | It passes. | 会过去的 |
[05:58] | – Hello, Roz. – Niles, Frasier! | – 你好 Roz – Niles Frasier |
[06:01] | – Hi, Roz. – Come join us. Jen, this is Niles. | – 嗨 Roz – 快来和我们一起 Jen 这是Niles |
[06:04] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[06:05] | “Niles”, whoa. Thanks Mom and Dad, right? | 叫”Niles” 哇 很感谢爸妈给你取了这个名吧 |
[06:12] | Well, Jen, good to see you again. | 好吧 Jen 很高兴再次看见你 |
[06:15] | So, how was our night out, girls? | 昨晚的聚会怎么样啊 女士们 |
[06:18] | Well, it’s still goin’ on! | 仍在继续呢 |
[06:21] | We went to this really | 我们去了一个超棒的 |
[06:22] | – great club called Zoo. – Excuse me, The Zoo? | – 俱乐部叫动物园 – 你们去了动物园 |
[06:25] | No, it was just called Zoo. | 不是 只是它名叫动物园 |
[06:27] | Huh, “The”. | 哈 以为我们真去了动物园 |
[06:34] | Roz Roz… | |
[06:35] | – Is that glitter in your hair? – Oh, is it? | – 你头发上里那是亮片吗 – 噢 是吗 |
[06:39] | I thought it all came out in the car wash. | 我以为洗车的时候洗干净了呢 |
[06:45] | Oh, that’s mine. | 噢 我的 |
[06:47] | Hello? | 你好 |
[06:48] | Oh, Anka. You never guess | 噢 Anka 你绝对猜不到 |
[06:50] | what huge Seattle cliche I’m in right now… | 我现正在一个超老土的西雅图地方呢 |
[06:55] | I swear, my cousin Roz is | 我发誓 我表姐Roz |
[06:56] | like the only cool person in this whole city. | 是整个城市唯一一个很酷的人 |
[07:00] | The rest are just drones. Apparently, | 其他人就是无头苍蝇 显然 |
[07:01] | they don’t believe in raw sugar. | 咖啡馆里连天然原蔗糖都没有 |
[07:04] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[07:06] | You see what I mean about her. | 你懂我刚才的意思了吧 |
[07:07] | She’s struggling through a typical phase of development. | 她只是在熬过一段特别的成长过程而已 |
[07:10] | Stop being so sensitive. | 别这么敏感 |
[07:12] | – Sorry about that. – Not at all. | – 刚才抱歉了 – 没关系 |
[07:15] | So, tell me about you guys. | 给我讲讲你们吧 |
[07:17] | Roz says you’re super competitive with each other. | Roz说你们可喜欢和对方较劲了呢 |
[07:20] | Did your parents withhold affection, | 是因为你们父母不怎么表达爱 |
[07:21] | or is just the penis thing? | 还是只要长屌的都这样 |
[07:25] | Uh, I’ll take mine to go, thank you. | 呃 我的打包走 |
[07:31] | Coming up next, “This Day in Psychological History.” | 接下来是 “心理学历史上的今天” |
[07:36] | After the news. | 新闻之后播放 |
[07:38] | It was a good show, Frasier. | 今天节目不错 Frasier |
[07:40] | It’s not over Roz, this is just a break. | 还没完呢 Roz 这只是暂时休息 |
[07:44] | I’m sorry, I’m so exhausted. | 不好意思 我实在太累了 |
[07:46] | I haven’t slept since Jen got here. | 自从Jen过来后我都没睡过觉 |
[07:48] | Hey, Roz, you wanna go see some backyard wrestling tonight? | Roz 今晚上想去看后院摔跤比赛吗 |
[07:51] | I don’t know. Maybe we should stay in tonight…rent a video? | 不知道啊 也许我们今晚该呆在家里 租部录像看 |
[07:54] | Rent a video? You’re turning into Aunt Mirabelle. | 租录像看 你变成了Mirabelle老阿姨了吗 |
[07:58] | All you need is a beanbag, an ashtray and a tracheotomy. | 只需要懒人沙发 烟灰缸还有气管手术就能过活了 |
[08:05] | Well, I’m not there yet. | 我还没到那时候呢 |
[08:07] | I just thought that maybe you could use a night off. | 我只是想着你能休息一晚 |
[08:11] | Say there, Jen, did you have a chance to | Jen 你去参观 |
[08:12] | explore that art gallery I suggested? | 我建议的那个艺廊了吗 |
[08:14] | Yeah. I know you’re into | 去了 我知道你喜欢 |
[08:16] | that stuff so I don’t want to put it down. | 那些玩意所以我不想贬低它 |
[08:18] | But it was like everything | 但是那的所有东西 |
[08:19] | in there was trying to make us feel better | 都是在让我们更能接受 |
[08:21] | about our corrupt, imperialistic, phallocratic heritage. | 遗留的腐败 帝国主义和男权主义 |
[08:27] | They’re landscapes. | 只是风景而已 |
[08:31] | But I picked up something | 但是我到这的路上 |
[08:32] | for you on the way over here. | 给你带了点东西 |
[08:34] | – Really? – Mm-hm | – 真的呀 – 嗯哼 |
[08:35] | Well… A bust of Freud. | Freud的半身像 |
[08:42] | Well, that’s really quite thoughtful of you. | 你可真贴心啊 |
[08:44] | I figured you’d appreciate the irony. | 我想着你也许会喜欢这种讽刺 |
[08:47] | Since he’s been proven wrong about practically everything. | 毕竟他基本上所有理论都被证明是错的 |
[08:52] | I like to think that Freud’s | 我更倾向于认为Freud的 |
[08:54] | theories will withstand the test of time. | 理论会经受得住时间的考验 |
[08:56] | Really? Have you read either of his books? | 真的吗 你读过他任何书吗 |
[09:01] | Excuse me, young lady… | 不好意思 年轻人 |
[09:03] | Uh-oh, here comes the lecture. | 啊哦 说教开始了 |
[09:05] | Yes, for once you are right… | 是的 你终于对了一次 |
[09:07] | a disquisition is indeed at hand. | 一次专题说教确实就摆在你面前 |
[09:11] | And may I suggest you roll | 现在请你把你的眼睛 |
[09:13] | your eyes back into the forward position, | 翻回正前方 |
[09:18] | as I may actually employ some visual aids. | 好让我给你点视觉辅助 |
[09:21] | Now, our story begins with | 好了 我们的故事开始于 |
[09:23] | a young Greek woman by the name of Clytemnestra… | 一位雅典年轻女人 名叫Clytemnestra |
[09:27] | Look, everybody, Kenny’s here! | 看呀 各位 Kenny来了 |
[09:29] | Wow, I’ve never heard that before. | 哇 我还是第一次有这待遇 |
[09:33] | Jen, maybe Kenny can show you around the station. | Jen 也许Kenny能带你参观一下电台 |
[09:35] | You already showed me around the station yesterday. | 你昨天已经带我参观过了呀 |
[09:38] | I know, but you know what? | 是啊 但你知道吗 |
[09:39] | I totally forgot to show you our ratings binders. | 我完全忘了带你看我们的收听率装订册了 |
[09:42] | – You did? – Yeah. | – 真的吗 – 是啊 |
[09:43] | Well, then you’re in for a treat. | 那你可走运了 |
[09:45] | Here, follow me. | 来 跟着我 |
[09:46] | What’s that trophy for? | 这个奖杯是干嘛的 |
[09:48] | Oh, a little series I produced called | 噢 是我制作的一个系列节目 |
[09:50] | “Life Is My Favorite Drug of All”. | “生活是我最爱的毒品” |
[09:54] | – Sounds pretty lame. – Yeah, it was. | – 听起来挺烂的 – 的确 |
[10:01] | All right, that girl is really | 好了 那姑娘确实 |
[10:02] | getting under my skin. When is she leaving? | 让我忍无可忍了 她多久走 |
[10:04] | She’s not that bad. | 她没那么坏 |
[10:05] | Oh, come on, Roz, she’s running you ragged. | 拜托 Roz 她把你耗得筋疲力尽 |
[10:07] | Oh, please, this is nothing. I used to party every night. | 拜托 这没什么 我以前夜夜笙歌呢 |
[10:10] | Well, sure, at twenty you can do anything. | 当然 在20岁时你是能做任何事 |
[10:14] | Hey, there’s still a lot of candy left in this pinata. | 嘿 我这宝刀还未老呢 |
[10:19] | – That’s attractive. – Thank you. | – 真是有魅力啊 – 谢谢了 |
[10:25] | And this is my office. The nerve center. | 这就是我的办公室 这儿的神经中枢 |
[10:30] | Where it all goes down. | 一切都从这发生 |
[10:34] | Did you just move in here or something? | 你是刚搬过来吗 |
[10:37] | Oh, no. No, but in AM radio | 噢 不不 但是在调频广播 |
[10:39] | you’ve got to be ready to go in a moment’s notice. | 你得准备好随时走人 |
[10:42] | One day you’re operating a | 前一天你还在克利夫兰 |
[10:43] | fifty thousand watt powerhouse in Cleveland, | 运行一个五万瓦的发电站 |
[10:46] | the next you’re spinning platters out of a barn in Tulsa Town. | 第二天就在塔尔萨镇的谷仓外打碟 |
[10:50] | You’ve gotta keep movin’, it’s all about the music. | 你必须得动起来 跟着音乐走 |
[10:54] | When it isn’t about news and talk. | 当你不再负责新闻和谈话之后 |
[10:57] | – I heard AM radio is dead. – Yeah, it is. | – 我听说调频广播已死 – 是 确实 |
[11:01] | – So, you’re going to Vietnam? – I’m thinking about it. | – 所以 你要去越南了 – 我还在考虑 |
[11:05] | That’s such an original choice. You’re so cool. | 那真是一个独特的选择 你真酷 |
[11:08] | You’re the first person that hasn’t | 你是第一个没觉得 |
[11:10] | thought I was totally crazy for wanting to go there. | 我是疯了才想去那地方的人 |
[11:12] | Oh, what do they know? | 噢 他们懂什么 |
[11:13] | I’ve always loved the idea of just taking off. | 我一直欣赏说走就走 |
[11:16] | – You know, seeing someplace exotic. – Why haven’t you? | – 去领略异国风光 – 你怎么不去 |
[11:19] | My wife. She didn’t like to travel. | 我的妻子 她不喜欢旅游 |
[11:21] | But you just said you were separated. | 但是你说过你们分开了 |
[11:23] | So do it. Blow all of it off, go see Vietnam. | 所以去吧 把一切抛开 去看看越南 |
[11:27] | Break out of this prison cell. | 逃出这个牢笼 |
[11:31] | I could, couldn’t I? You know, I could just be free. | 我可以的 是吧 我可以自由自在的 |
[11:34] | Just get a motorcycle, | 就搞一辆摩托车 |
[11:35] | drive around the countryside, really start to live. | 在乡下四处骑行 真正地开始生活 |
[11:38] | I never even thought of the motorcycle. Now you have to do it. | 我都没想到过摩托车 现在你一定得去了 |
[11:43] | People would think I was nuts. | 别人会觉得我疯了 |
[11:46] | I wouldn’t. | 我就不会 |
[11:50] | When Freud’s genius… | Freud的天才想法 |
[11:52] | …has OBVIOUSLY influenced every psychiatrist on the planet… | 显然影响了这地球上每一位心理医生 |
[12:02] | I haven’t forgotten about you, callers. Stay tuned, won’t you? | 我没忘了你们 听众们 请继续收听 |
[12:11] | I’m starting to feel a little bad | 我觉得有点愧疚 |
[12:12] | about pawning Jen off on Kenny like that. | 硬把Jen塞给Kenny |
[12:15] | He’s been a little down lately, | 他最近有点情绪不佳 |
[12:17] | and Jen can be a little, well, negative sometimes. | 而且Jen有时 有点消极 |
[12:22] | I hadn’t noticed. | 我咋没发现 |
[12:25] | I just hope she doesn’t send | 我只希望她不要 |
[12:27] | him spiraling down into some kind of depression. | 让他压抑到抑郁了 |
[12:42] | So, Seattle still loves the Walkman, huh? | 西雅图还在用随身听呢 是吧 |
[12:46] | He’s probably listening to “Thriller”. | 他也许在听”颤栗” |
[12:49] | So, do you still want to go to that warehouse party tonight? | 你今晚还想去那个仓库派对吗 |
[12:52] | Doors open at eleven, so we should probably be there at one. | 十一点开门 所以我们应该一点到 |
[12:55] | Look, I wish I could Jen, but I really have to sleep. | 我是想去 Jen 但是我真的需要睡觉 |
[12:58] | Don’t worry | 别担心 |
[12:59] | we’ll have a few cocktails and you’ll feel a lot better. | 我们喝几杯鸡尾酒你就会感觉好多了 |
[13:02] | Forget it, I am not drinking again tonight. | 别想了 我今晚是不会喝酒的 |
[13:05] | So just drink beer. | 那就喝啤酒呗 |
[13:07] | I mean, Alice is still at her grandparents’, right? | 我是说 Alice还在她祖父母家 对吧 |
[13:10] | Listen sweety, why don’t you go out by yourself tonight? | 听着宝贝 你今晚为什么不自己去呢 |
[13:12] | – Oh, come on, Mirabelle, have some fun. – Don’t do that. | – 拜托 Mirabelle 找点乐子吧 – 别这样说 |
[13:16] | – Do what, Mirabelle? – Knock it off, I’m serious. | – 我说什么呢 Mirabelle – 别说了 我是认真的 |
[13:19] | You used to be so fun, | 你以前多有趣啊 |
[13:20] | but ever since you’ve got the condo and the SUV, | 但是自从你有了公寓和一辆SUV以后 |
[13:23] | you’re all 401K or whatever. | 你是要退休了还是怎么 |
[13:26] | I’m exactly the same person I’ve always been. | 我一直都是原来那个我 |
[13:28] | Oh, yeah? I checked your car radio. | 噢 是吗 我检查了你的汽车收音机 |
[13:30] | It’s not stuck on that classic rock station. | 并没有卡在古典摇滚电台上 |
[13:32] | For your information, classic rock is both classic and it rocks. | 科普一下 古典摇滚是能摇起来的古典乐 |
[13:38] | – What happened to you? – I’m old! | – 你是怎么了 – 我老了 |
[13:48] | Daphne, would you get that? | Daphne 你能开下门吗 |
[13:54] | – Hello. – Sorry I’m late, I… | – 哈喽 – 不好意思迟到了 我 |
[13:57] | What’s going on? | 这怎么回事 |
[13:58] | – Uh-oh. – Steady… | – 糟了 – 稳住 |
[14:03] | Your father and brother needed a little help. | 你的爸爸和哥哥需要点帮助 |
[14:06] | The oven’s all clean. | 炉子已经干净了 |
[14:07] | I just have a bit of ironing left, I won’t be a minute. | 我只剩下熨衣服了 不会太久 |
[14:10] | And don’t forget: I’ve drawn baths for both of you. | 别忘了 我给你俩都放好洗澡水了 |
[14:13] | – Oh, no… – Not necessary… | – 噢不 – 你不需要这样 |
[14:29] | Are you proud of yourselves? | 你们为自己感到骄傲吗 |
[14:34] | – We didn’t ask her to do anything. – She offered. | – 我们没叫她做任何事 – 她主动要做的 |
[14:37] | Then why is no one looking me in the eye? | 那为什么没人敢看着我的眼睛 |
[14:41] | I’m sorry, Niles, you’re right. Maybe we took advantage. | 对不起 Niles 你是对的 是我们占别人便宜了 |
[14:43] | Absolutely. We’re way out of line, it won’t happen again. | 确实是 我们做得太过了 这种事不会再发生 |
[14:51] | – What are you doing? – What? | – 你在干什么 – 什么 |
[14:53] | – Are you going to leave that there? – I’ll clean it later. | – 你就把东西扔在这了吗 – 我一会就收拾 |
[14:55] | Well, that’s the whole problem. | 这就是问题所在 |
[14:57] | If you would just clean as you go, | 如果你扔的时候就收拾 |
[15:00] | things wouldn’t pile up, and you wouldn’t need Daphne’s help. | 这些东西就不会囤积 你也不需要Daphne的帮忙 |
[15:02] | – I guess. – No, it’s true, look at this. Look how easy. | – 我想是吧 – 真的 你看看多简单 |
[15:05] | See? Small, consistent efforts, that’s what it takes. | 看见没 只需要持续的小努力 |
[15:10] | Just like managing one’s cuticles. | 就像打理死皮一样 |
[15:14] | You know, there’s a bowl of | 你知道 这有一碗 |
[15:15] | potato salad laying out, completely uncovered. | 土豆沙拉就摆在这 什么都没盖 |
[15:18] | It’s getting tangy. | 它越来越刺鼻 |
[15:22] | – The plastic wrap is right here. – We really should help him. | – 保鲜膜就在这 – 我们该帮帮他 |
[15:26] | Are you nuts? He’s about to make us dinner. | 你疯了吗 他正要给我们做晚餐呢 |
[15:32] | – He is not. – Twenty bucks says he is. | – 他不会的 – 20元赌他会 |
[15:36] | Forget money. Let’s wager something real. | 别说钱 我们赌点实在的 |
[15:37] | All right, if I get him to make dinner, you do all the chores. | 好 如果我让他做晚餐 你就做所有的家务 |
[15:41] | If I don’t, I’ll do ’em. | 如果我输了 我来做 |
[15:42] | – I’m ready, Niles. – Excellent, | – 我准备好了 Niles – 太好了 |
[15:45] | because tonight I am taking you | 因为今晚上 我要带你去 |
[15:47] | to the finest bistro in the Pacific Northwest. | 西北太平洋地区最好的小酒馆 |
[15:50] | – You’re wrong! – Take your sweet time, why don’t you?! | – 你输了 – 慢慢来 行吗 |
[15:52] | Hey, guys, are you sure you don’t want to stick around? | 嗨 你们确定不再多呆一会 |
[15:54] | I was just going to open a can of spaghetti. | 我正要开一罐意大利面呢 |
[15:59] | But you have sea bass in the fridge. | 但是你冰箱里还有海鲈呢 |
[16:01] | Oh, it’ll probably last another day. | 噢 那鱼也许还能再放一天 |
[16:03] | Oh, I think you should cook it tonight. | 我觉得你今晚上就该把它煮了 |
[16:05] | Fine. I’ll nuke it with some ketchup. | 好吧 那我把加点番茄酱热热它 |
[16:13] | That’s ridiculous. You can’t use your turkey recipe on fish. | 太荒谬了 你不能用火鸡菜谱来做鱼啊 |
[16:18] | Well, what am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么做 |
[16:20] | Well, just take one clove of garlic, | 就拿一瓣大蒜 |
[16:22] | two tablespoons of finely minced fresh ginger… | 两餐匙切碎的姜末 |
[16:25] | Oh, for heaven’s sake, I’ll do it myself. | 啊 看在老天份上 我自己来做吧 |
[16:31] | – I suppose I’ll lay the table. – No, no, Daphne. | – 那我就摆餐具吧 – 不 不用 Daphne |
[16:34] | You’ve done enough for today. That’s Frasier’s job. | 你今天做得够多了 那是Frasier的工作 |
[16:47] | And so for our final hour today, | 现在是今天节目的最后一小时 |
[16:49] | I’d like to focus on first-time callers only. | 我想多多关注第一次来电的听众 |
[16:52] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[16:53] | We’ve heard a lot of familiar | 我们这周听到很多 |
[16:54] | voices this week and I’d like to shake it up… | 熟悉的声音 所以我想转换一下 |
[16:56] | I looked for you at that | 我在昨晚那个 |
[16:57] | warehouse party last night, but I ain’t see ya. | 仓库找你来着 但是没看见你 |
[16:59] | Oh, I was in the old meat locker. | 噢 我在旧冷藏室里 |
[17:02] | Oh, I didn’t look in there. | 噢 我没去那找 |
[17:06] | Sorry we didn’t hook up. Did I leave my sunglasses in here? | 很遗憾我们没碰上 我把墨镜落这了吗 |
[17:09] | Oh, yes, you did. | 噢 是的 |
[17:13] | So, I’m taking off. I had a really cool time with you. | 我要走了 我和你共度了一段很酷的时光 |
[17:16] | I hope you make your break from here soon. | 我希望你能早日从这里逃脱 |
[17:18] | Good news. I just got off the phone with my travel agent. | 好消息 我刚刚和我的旅游代理通过电话 |
[17:21] | She got me this great fare to Ho Chi Minh City | 她给我弄到了飞胡志明市很便宜的机票 |
[17:23] | and she said it’d be no problem to get you on the same flight. | 而且她说她把你安排在同一航班也没问题 |
[17:25] | This is gonna be awesome! I’ve never seen Asia before. | 这实在是太棒了 我从来没见识过亚洲 |
[17:28] | I’ve seen the band, of course, but not, you know… | 当然 我见过那个乐队 但不是 你懂的 |
[17:32] | Oh, well, about that, Kenny, um, I already booked a flight. | 关于那个 Kenny 我已经订了机票 |
[17:36] | Oh, well maybe I can get on your flight. | 噢 那我就坐你那班飞机 |
[17:38] | Well, see, the thing is, I travel solo. | 问题是 我独自旅游 |
[17:43] | It’s kind of a rule I have. I had this bad experience once… | 这是我坚持的一个准则 我有一次很糟糕的经历 |
[17:47] | Oh, no, please. I totally get where you’re coming from. | 没关系 我完全理解 |
[17:51] | Solo’s the way to go. | 独来独往最好 |
[17:53] | My high school French club went to Montreal once, nightmare! | 我高中的法语俱乐部一起去蒙特利尔 简直噩梦 |
[17:57] | You should still go. You deserve to have some fun. | 你还是应该去 你值得好好玩玩 |
[18:02] | Okay. Yeah. | 好的 嗯 |
[18:07] | – Well, maybe I’ll run into you over there. – I’d like that. | – 好吧 也许我能在那碰到你 – 我很期待 |
[18:23] | Our next caller is Stu, from Madrona. | 我们下一位来电人是Stu 来自马德罗纳区 |
[18:25] | Go ahead, Stu, I’m listening. | 说吧 Stu 我在聆听 |
[18:28] | All right, it’s like this: | 好的 是这样的 |
[18:29] | I’ve been dating my girlfriend for six years, | 我和我女朋友交往6年了 |
[18:33] | and she keeps bugging me about movin’ in.. | 她一直在关心搬到一起住的事 |
[18:35] | But I know as soon as she does, | 但是我知道 只要她一搬进来 |
[18:36] | my freedom is gone. Everything’s gotta be in the hamper, | 我的自由就没有了 每样东西都得挂到架子上 |
[18:40] | I can’t eat over the sink, | 我也不能在水槽边吃东西 |
[18:41] | can’t just go out whenever my buddies call, | 兄弟打电话约我也不能想走就走 |
[18:43] | – it’s a lot to give up. – Okay, Stu, how old are you? | – 有很多要放弃的 – 好的 Stu 你多大了 |
[18:46] | The calendar says forty-seven, but I feel eighteen, right? | 日历上说我47 但我感觉自己还是18 |
[18:51] | – Forty-seven?! – Now, Roz… | – 47了 – 别 Roz |
[18:54] | I have a suggestion for you, Stu: Grow the hell up! | 我对你有个建议 Stu 快特么长大吧 |
[18:58] | What? I’m sorry? | 你说什么 不好意思 |
[19:00] | I’m thirty-eight. And I FEEL thirty-eight. | 我38岁并且我觉得自己也是38岁 |
[19:04] | Now, I know we’re all supposed | 我知道我们都该 |
[19:05] | to act like perpetual teenagers these days, | 表现得像活力十足的年轻人一样 |
[19:07] | but you know what? I like acting my age. | 但是你知道吗 我喜欢做我这年纪该做的事 |
[19:10] | I like being a mom. I like having a career. | 我喜欢当个妈妈 喜欢有份工作 |
[19:13] | And I like balancing my checkbook! | 还喜欢平衡收支 |
[19:16] | When did it become such a bad thing to be an adult?! | 什么时候成为成年人是一件坏事了 |
[19:19] | Dr. Crane? Hello? | Crane医生 你在吗 |
[19:20] | Now, don’t get me wrong, | 别误解我的意思 |
[19:22] | I had a great time when I was younger, I did! | 我年轻的时候是有过很快乐的时光 确实是 |
[19:25] | But after a while, that way of life just seems… | 但是过了段时间 生活的方式就变得有点 |
[19:30] | …empty. | 空虚 |
[19:34] | You have to go deeper, | 你必须要到更深的层次 |
[19:37] | and commit to things that really matter to you. | 并且向对你重要的事做出承诺 |
[19:41] | Believe me, when you do that, | 相信我 当你那样做时 |
[19:44] | you’ll find out how amazing and rich life can be. | 你就会发现生活会有多丰富且不可思议 |
[19:49] | Hey, I know that voice. You were at Zoo the other night. | 嘿 我熟悉这个声音 你那晚也在动物园 |
[19:57] | You told me you were twenty-nine. | 你告诉我你29岁 |
[20:03] | Thanks for your call, Stu, let’s go to traffic. | 谢谢你的来电 Stu 让我们听听交通情况 |
[20:11] | I’m sorry, Frasier. | 我很抱歉 Frasier |
[20:13] | I guess I shouldn’t have unloaded on that guy. | 我不应该把情绪发泄给那个人 |
[20:16] | I’ve just been thinking a lot about age lately. | 我只是最近想了很久关于年龄的问题 |
[20:18] | That’s all right, Roz. I thought your speech was courageous. | 没事的 Roz 我觉得你的讲话很勇敢 |
[20:21] | And who knows? Even if it went right past Stu, | 谁知道呢 就算Stu听不进去 |
[20:24] | maybe it reached somebody else | 也许也能帮助到其他 |
[20:26] | out there on the Frasier Crane Radio Network. | 听Crane医生秀的人 |