时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | So what’s the plan? Are we gonna turn off the lights | 计划是什么 我们要把灯关掉 |
[00:10] | and jump out and yell “Surprise!” | 然后跳出来大喊”惊喜”吗 |
[00:12] | Oh yes, Roz, let’s startle a man who just had open-heart surgery. | 是啊 Roz 去吓一个刚做完心脏手术的人 |
[00:16] | Sorry, I can’t get used to | 抱歉 我还不习惯 |
[00:17] | – thinking of Niles as “Sick.” – Oh, Niles is great. | – 把Niles当病人看待 – Niles好着呢 |
[00:21] | All these exercises he’s doing, | 他做的那些锻炼 |
[00:22] | he’s going to be just as strong as he ever was. | 让他前所未有的强壮 |
[00:25] | Here’s the guest of honor. | 我们的贵客来啦 |
[00:27] | Niles, good to see you out and about! | Niles 看你能出来走动真是太好了 |
[00:32] | – You look great! – Thank you! Thank you, | – 你看起来可好了 – 谢谢 谢谢 |
[00:33] | I tell you it’s good to be out | 在那间公寓里被拘禁了一周后 |
[00:34] | after being cooped up in that apartment all week. Hello. | 出来真是太好了 你好呀 |
[00:37] | I never thought I’d grow tired of reading Flaubert. | 我从没想过自己竟然会读厌福楼拜 |
[00:40] | Oh please, | 得了吧 |
[00:41] | he’s been parked on his ass watching the |
他最近沉迷于观看<不安分的青春>呢 |
[00:44] | Niles! Not the soaps! You can’t be serious. | Niles 肥皂剧 你不是认真的吧 |
[00:47] | Well, I’m hardly hooked. | 我可没有沉迷 |
[00:49] | They fascinate me as-as cultural artifact. | 让我着迷的是 其中的文化产物 |
[00:52] | I was telling Gertrude: | 我正跟Gertrude说呢 |
[00:53] | their use of stock figures | 他们对特定类型角色的使用 |
[00:54] | is reminiscent of “Commedia dell’arte”. | 令人联想到意式即兴喜剧 |
[00:56] | Yes, uh, Esther is Punchinello, Victor is Flavio, and Nikki… | Esther是丑角 Victor是富家公子 而Nikki |
[01:00] | well, she’s just the town pump. | 只是个荡妇 |
[01:04] | Now do you see why I need my own telly, | 现在你知道为什么我需要个电视了吧 |
[01:06] | – Daphne. – You have one in Manchester. | – Daphne – 你在曼切斯特有一台 |
[01:11] | Here’s champagne and sparkling cider for you, Niles. | 你的香槟兑气泡果汁 Niles |
[01:14] | …and help yourself to brunch whenever you’re ready. | 还有早午餐随时都可以开吃 |
[01:16] | Word to the wise: stay away from the sausage. | 一个建议 别碰那香肠 |
[01:18] | They’re not sausages, Dad, they’re “Soysages.” | 那不是香肠 爸爸 是大豆肠 |
[01:22] | Niles is on a postoperative diet. We are trying to support him. | Niles在术后饮食控制 我们要支持他 |
[01:25] | – Oh, sorry. What about the bacon? – “Fake-un.” | – 噢抱歉 那这培根呢 – 假培根 |
[01:32] | Okay, everyone, I’d like to propose a toast. | 大家 我想祝个酒 |
[01:35] | To my family and friends, your love and support have been overwhelming | 敬我的家人朋友们 你们的爱和支持完全淹没了我 |
[01:39] | – Oh, Niles! – No,no. You know… | – 噢 Niles – 不不 |
[01:42] | during my operation, I was technically dead for several minutes. | 手术时我的心脏真的停止跳跃了几分钟 |
[01:45] | – Yes, we know son, you told us. – But, | – 是的 我们知道 孩子 你说过了 – 但是 |
[01:47] | it gave me a fresh perspective on everything. | 这让我重新看待了所有的事情 |
[01:50] | It took a brush with death | 我跟死神擦肩而过 |
[01:51] | to remind me how lucky I am to be alive. | 以提醒自己活着是多么幸运 |
[01:55] | And Gertrude, thank you for giving up | Gertrude 谢谢你把客房 |
[01:56] | the guest bedroom so that I don’t have to climb all those stairs. | 让给我好让我不用爬楼梯 |
[01:59] | Oh, no, I’m happy to sleep | 没关系 我很愿意睡在 |
[02:00] | on that sofa bed with its hard metal frame. | 那个硬铁架子的沙发床上 |
[02:04] | You have a nice soft bed in Manchester. | 你在曼切斯特有张柔软的床啊 |
[02:07] | Oh, Daphne, it’s okay. | Daphne 没关系 |
[02:09] | Her bracing honesty reminds me that I’m alive. | 她令人振奋的诚实让我更加真切的感到自己活着 |
[02:12] | You… you… oh, you! | 噢你这家伙 |
[02:16] | You are a treasure to me. I cherish every day we’re together. | 你是我的宝物 我珍惜我们在一起的每一天 |
[02:21] | Oh, thank you, Niles! | 谢谢你 Niles |
[02:25] | There may be others around here | 这里可能还有些人 |
[02:26] | who could benefit from a near-death experience. | 需要一点临死经历来进步 |
[02:31] | Well, let’s eat before the fake-un loses its shape. | 好了 在假培根软掉之前我们快开吃吧 |
[02:36] | Wow! | 哇哦 |
[02:38] | Niles is really loving life with a vengeance. | Niles真的是从波折的生活中受益匪浅啊 |
[02:40] | Yeah, I was the same way after I got shot. | 在我受了枪伤之后我也是那样 |
[02:43] | My first day back at the precinct I went around | 回到警局的第一天 |
[02:44] | hugging all the guys telling them all I loved them. | 我拥抱每一个人并且告诉他们我爱他们 |
[02:47] | How long did that last? | 持续了多久 |
[02:48] | Until they started calling me “Martina.” | 直到他们开始叫我”Martina” |
[02:52] | It is kind of weird seeing Niles all lovey-dovey with Mrs. Moon. | 看到Niles和Moon女士相亲相爱有点怪 |
[02:56] | Believe me… | 相信我 |
[02:57] | when you’re in that state, | 当你处在这个阶段 |
[02:58] | you can find something to love even in the biggest jerk. | 就连最讨人厌的人你都会觉得有可爱之处 |
[03:01] | Roz, I want to tell you, you are a treasure. | Roz 我想对你说 你是个宝 |
[03:05] | Maybe I don’t say it often enough, but you are. | 或许我不够经常这么说 但是你是的 |
[03:08] | Shut up, “Martina”! | 闭嘴 Martina |
[03:17] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[03:19] | – I know that song. – Yes, Mozart Symphony No. 40: | – 我知道那首歌 – 对 莫扎特四十号交响曲 |
[03:22] | Molto Allegro. I just bought | 很快的快板 我刚买了 |
[03:24] | this new recording for Niles. It is fantastic! | 这个新版本给Niles 超棒的 |
[03:26] | I’ve never heard such string articulation. | 我从没听过这么清晰的弦乐 |
[03:28] | Oh, I remember what it is! | 我想起来了 |
[03:29] | It’s that commercial with the singing cats. | 这是有唱歌猫的广告 |
[03:31] | If your cat has a yearning for tuna, | 如果你家猫渴望着金枪鱼 |
[03:33] | Da-da-da, Da-da Ocean Buffet, Da-da-da… | 哒哒哒 海洋自助餐 哒哒哒 |
[03:37] | – One of the cats was wearing a tiny tuxedo. – Good! | – 还有只猫穿着小西装呢 – 很好 |
[03:40] | So few cats dress for the symphony anymore. | 这年头都没什么猫会为交响乐打扮了 |
[03:45] | Frasier Roz Frasier, Roz. | |
[03:46] | – Oh, hi guys! – Guess who just walked a mile on the treadmill? | – 嗨朋友们 – 猜猜谁刚在跑步机上走了一英里 |
[03:49] | Oh way to go, Niles! | 好样的 Niles |
[03:51] | The doctor says he’s in the 95th percentile | 医生说搭桥手术患者的恢复情况中 |
[03:53] | of patients recovering from bypass surgery. | 他是前百分之九十五呢 |
[03:55] | – 95%! That’s wonderful, Niles! – Well, now Frasier, | – 百分之九十五 太厉害了 Niles – Frasier |
[03:58] | good health is not a competition! | 健康可不是比赛 |
[04:01] | When you’ve heard time’s winged | 当你听到戴着时间翅膀的战车呼啸而来 |
[04:02] | chariot hurrying here, as I have, every day is a gift. | 像我一样 每一天都是一份礼物 |
[04:06] | Oh, yoiks, what tone-deaf prankster gave you this? | 天呐 哪个音痴耍你 给了你这个 |
[04:10] | You’ve…heard it? | 你听过呢 |
[04:11] | Well, as much as I could bear. | 直到我忍不下去了 |
[04:12] | Did you hear what theconductor did to the Andante? | 你听到指挥对行板做了些什么吗 |
[04:14] | I just hope he bought it dinner first. | 希望他有先给它买晚餐赔礼 |
[04:17] | I couldn’t agree more, Niles. | 我太同意了 Niles |
[04:19] | Frasier, you said you loved that CD. | Frasier 你刚还说你喜欢这张CD呢 |
[04:21] | Niles has convinced my otherwise. | Niles说服了我 |
[04:23] | You know, I’m in the mood for a scone. | 我想吃司康饼 |
[04:25] | – Help me pick one out. – All right. | – 来帮我挑个 – 好的 |
[04:28] | – That was weird. – I’ll say. Who can’t pick out their own scone? | – 有些奇怪啊 – 我也觉得 挑司康饼怎么还要帮忙 |
[04:33] | No. I mean you and Niles. | 不 我是说你和Niles |
[04:35] | Usually that would have been a two-hour argument | 通常那会变成两小时的争论 |
[04:38] | …ending in tears and cursing in Italian. | 然后在眼泪和意大利语脏话中结束 |
[04:41] | I’m afraid those days are over, Roz. | 恐怕那些日子已经结束了 |
[04:43] | – What happened? – Well, it’s a long story. Okay. | – 发生什么了 – 说来话长了 |
[04:47] | When Niles was in the hospital | 当Niles在医院里 |
[04:49] | and he was being wheeled into surgery | 被推进手术室的时候 |
[04:55] | he looked so frail and vulnerable, so I… | 他看起来是那么的柔弱无助 所以我 |
[05:00] | I took my case to a higher power. | 我向上苍祈祷 |
[05:07] | Hello, God. It’s me, Dr. Frasier Crane. | 你好 上帝 是我 Frasier Crane医生 |
[05:13] | Though I don’t talk to you as often as perhaps I should, | 虽然我知道我应该更经常找你说话 |
[05:18] | I want to thank you for all the times | 但我想谢谢你在过去 |
[05:18] | you’ve indulged me in the past | 爱护了我这么久 |
[05:21] | although I have yet to see the inside of the Empire Club. | 虽然我还是仍未能进帝国俱乐部一员 |
[05:25] | Just kidding. Anyway, | 开玩笑的 总之 |
[05:29] | today I ask you to look after my brother Niles Crane. | 今天我是想求你关照我的弟弟Niles Crane |
[05:34] | I love him, even if I don’t always show it, | 我爱他 即使我不常表现出来 |
[05:39] | and I regret all the time he and I have wasted in petty quarrels. | 我后悔和他浪费了那么多时间在小口角上 |
[05:43] | If you spare him, Oh Lord, | 如果你放过他 主啊 |
[05:48] | I promise to cherish every moment we have together. | 我保证会珍惜我们在一起的每一刻 |
[05:52] | But Frasier, you don’t think God is going to | Frasier 你不会真的认为上帝 |
[05:53] | strike Niles down if you get in an argument, do you? | 会因为Niles跟你争论而把他击倒吧 |
[05:57] | Well, technically, the way it’s structured, he’d come after me, | 理论上讲 按照我的请求 他会惩罚我 |
[06:05] | seeing as I was the one who initiated the deal, you see. | 因为你看 我是发起交易的那个人 |
[06:08] | If I’d had more time, I might have worded things differently, but… | 如果我有更多时间 我可能会用不一样的说法 但是 |
[06:12] | Oh, oh, uh, let’s get this to go. | 哦 呃 麻烦打包吧 |
[06:14] | My soap starts in twenty minutes. | 我的电视剧还有二十分钟就开始了 |
[06:16] | Ashley might come out of her coma today. | Ashley今天可能会从昏迷中苏醒呢 |
[06:19] | You know, since your recovery’s going so well, | 既然你恢复的这么好 |
[06:23] | maybe we should check you out, | 或许我们可以检验一下 |
[06:25] | make sure all your equipment’s working properly. | 确保你的设备正常运行 |
[06:29] | You’re not talking about my exercise bicycle, are you? | 你不是在说我的固定脚踏车吧 |
[06:31] | Mmm-mmm. The doctor said it would be OK. | 嗯嗯 医生说没问题了 |
[06:36] | If you need second opinion, | 如果你需要更多意见参考 |
[06:38] | maybe Nurse Naughty could make a house call. | 或许淘气护士可以上门服务 |
[06:44] | I could use a checkup… | 我确实需要检查一下 |
[06:47] | but we should err on the side of caution. In a few weeks, | 但我们还是应该谨慎求稳妥 几周后 |
[06:50] | I have another stress test. Thank you. And if all goes well, | 我又会有一次压力测试 谢谢 如果结果好的话 |
[06:53] | Nurse Naughty will be one satisfied health care professional. | 淘气护士将会是一位心满意足的医护人员 |
[06:59] | – See you! Bye! Bye, guys! – Bye. Oh, Niles, wait. | – 回见啦 拜拜朋友们 – 拜 Niles 等等 |
[07:02] | Frasier says he thinks the string articulation is really good. | Frasier说弦乐清晰度很棒 |
[07:07] | In this? Frasier, I hold your opinion | 这张吗 Frasier 我一向把你的意见 |
[07:10] | in highest regard, but are you nuts? | 当做最高参考标准 但你疯了吗 |
[07:12] | Perhaps I am, Niles, thank you. | 可能确实是吧 Niles 谢谢指出 |
[07:14] | Maybe you just need to get your hearing checked. | 或许你该去检查一下听力 |
[07:16] | – I’ll do that. Thank you, Niles. – I’ll see you later! | – 我会的 谢谢你 Niles – 我们回头见啦 |
[07:22] | Very amusing! I get it. Ha-ha. | 很好笑 我懂了 哈哈 |
[07:26] | 几周后 (Ashley仍在昏迷中) | |
[07:31] | Oh, oh, here they are. Frasier, tell them what you told me. | 都在呢 Frasier 告诉他们你刚跟我说的 |
[07:37] | Freud is the poor man’s Jung. | Freud就是可怜男人的Jung |
[07:42] | I never thought I’d live to see the day. | 我从没想过我能见证这一天 |
[07:45] | Perhaps this is why I was spared. | 大概这就是为什么上天让我继续活着 |
[07:47] | Niles, how was your stress test? | Niles 你的压力测试怎么样了 |
[07:51] | Oh, uh, the doctor cleared me for return to normal food and-and regular | 医生让我恢复吃正常饮食和常规 |
[07:55] | – …physical activity. – Oh, Darling, that’s wonderful! | – 身体活动了 – 亲爱的 太棒了 |
[07:58] | Yes, in moderation, of course. | 是的 不过当然还是只能缓和进行 |
[08:00] | – Congratulations, son. – Thanks. | – 恭喜了 儿子 – 谢谢 |
[08:02] | You know, perhaps now, Niles, we can | 或许现在 Niles 我们可以 |
[08:03] | – get back to the squash courts. – Oh, I don’t think so. | – 重回壁球场了 – 噢 我不行 |
[08:07] | But the doctor said it was OK. | 但医生说没关系了 |
[08:08] | Yes, but shouldn’t there be more to life | 是的 但是生活中不该 |
[08:10] | than competition for useless bragging rights? | 有比为了炫耀比拼更重要的事吗 |
[08:14] | You didn’t think they were useless three months ago when you won. | 三个月前你赢了的时候你可不是这么想的 |
[08:17] | You bragged for three months. | 你炫耀了三个月呢 |
[08:21] | I’ve changed a lot since then. The point is… | 我和那时大不一样了 重点是 |
[08:23] | that I have roses to stop and smell. | 有玫瑰需要我驻足闻香 |
[08:25] | I see. So let me get this straight. | 我懂了 所以就是说 |
[08:27] | – You’re going to give up squash and smell roses. – Poor Frasier. | – 你要放弃壁球去闻玫瑰花了 – 可怜的Frasier |
[08:34] | I hope that you don’t have to go through what I did | 希望你不需要经历我所经历的这些 |
[08:37] | in order to become as wise as I have. | 来变得和我一样智慧 |
[08:39] | You can still be wise and play squash, darling | 你可以在智慧的同时继续打壁球 亲爱的 |
[08:42] | Yeah, Daphne’s right. | Daphne说得对 |
[08:43] | – Go out and have some fun. – But I am having fun! | – 出去玩得开心点 – 我现在就很开心啊 |
[08:46] | Since my incident, birds sing more sweetly. | 我出了事之后 鸟儿的歌声更美了 |
[08:49] | The sky is so much bluer. | 天空更蓝了 |
[08:51] | Niles, it has rained every day this week. | Niles 这周每天都在下雨 |
[08:54] | – I see rain differently too. – You know, | – 我看待雨天也不同了 – 你知道吗 |
[08:56] | there’s something I need to tell you. It’s something I’ve been thinking… | 我有些话想跟你说 有些我想了 |
[09:06] | You were saying, Frasier? | 你刚才说什么 Frasier |
[09:09] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[09:16] | Hey, Dr. Crane. Well, my grandmother died a couple weeks ago | Crane医生 我的祖母几周前去世了 |
[09:19] | and I feel bad because I never told her how much she meant to me. | 我很难过 因为我没告诉她 她对我有多重要 |
[09:22] | Well, my heart certainly goes out to you. | 我感觉得到你的痛 |
[09:25] | Grieving is difficult enough without those unresolved… | 即使没有那些未完成的心愿 悲哀也已经 |
[09:27] | Frasier, I’m sorry to interrupt, | Frasier 抱歉打断你 |
[09:28] | but we have Dr. Niles Crane on line two. | Niles Crane医生在二线 |
[09:33] | I’m sure you all remember my brother Niles… | 我相信你们都记得我的弟弟Niles |
[09:36] | …from our last segment. | 前一段你们听到的那位 |
[09:39] | I’m sure all my listeners join me in hoping | 我相信所有的听众都与我一同期望 |
[09:41] | – he can get back to work real soon. – Thank you, Frasier.. | – 他能尽快恢复工作 – 谢谢 Frasier |
[09:46] | I just thought I’d add the perspective | 我只是想补充些观点 |
[09:47] | of one who has ducked the scythe of the Grim Reaper. | 作为一个躲过了死神镰刀的人 |
[09:51] | By all means, go ahead, Niles. | 当然可以 请吧 Niles |
[09:54] | Grant, your grandmother knows how you feel. | Grant 你的祖母能明白你的感情 |
[09:57] | When I was briefly dead, | 当我濒死的时候 |
[10:00] | the overriding feeling I had | 我最真切的感受到的 |
[10:02] | was the love of my family and friends. | 就是来自我家人朋友的爱 |
[10:05] | – Wow! So I shouldn’t feel bad? – Certainly not. | – 所以我不需要感到难过吗 – 当然不用 |
[10:09] | Get out there and live your life, Grant. Carpe that diem. | 去享受人生吧 Grant 及时行他一乐 |
[10:13] | – Isn’t that right, Frasier? – I couldn’t agree more, Niles. | – 是吧 Frasier – 我不能更同意了 Niles |
[10:17] | We’ll be right back after traffic. | 交通信息之后我们马上回来 |
[10:29] | I’m beginning to regret betting on the clown. | 我要后悔赌这小丑赢了 |
[10:33] | Roz, I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. I just lie awake in bed at night | Roz 我吃不下睡不着 整夜清醒地躺在床上 |
[10:37] | mentally arguing with Niles. And I win every time! | 在脑中和Niles争论 而且每次都是我赢 |
[10:41] | Frasier, this is insane. | Frasier 太夸张了 |
[10:43] | You really think something bad is gonna happen | 你真的觉得如果你破坏了和上帝的约定 |
[10:45] | – if you break your deal with God? – Oh, of course not. | – 就会有坏事发生吗 – 当然不是 |
[10:49] | Well, maybe a little. I don’t know. Roz… | 可能有点吧 我不知道 Roz |
[10:53] | …my brother could have died. | 我弟弟有可能会死 |
[10:57] | I can’t be ungrateful to | 不管是何方神圣 |
[10:58] | whatever higher power may have spared him. | 救了他我都不能不心怀感激 |
[11:01] | I just can’t imagine that God would be upset… | 我只是无法想象上帝会为这生气 |
[11:05] | He’s God, Roz! Have you read the Old Testament? | 他是上帝 Roz 你没读过旧约吗 |
[11:06] | He can be ruthless! | 他有时候很残忍的 |
[11:10] | Traffic’s done. You’re on in five. | 交通信息结束了 你五秒后上线 |
[11:15] | Welcome back, Seattle. Oh, I see we have someone on line two. | 欢迎回来 西雅图 噢 二线有电话打进 |
[11:19] | – Go ahead, caller, I’m listening. -Still me, Frasier.. | – 请说吧倾诉者 我在聆听 – 还是我 Frasier |
[11:23] | Say, I had some thoughts | 话说 我对于你给塔科马港市的 |
[11:25] | about your advice to Cynthia from Tacoma… | Cynthia的建议有些想法 |
[11:27] | Speaking as one who has walked through | 作为一个曾走过死亡的 |
[11:29] | the valley of the shadow of death, Cynthia, | 阴影山谷的人来说 Cynthia |
[11:32] | I think diets and exercise should take care of your problem. | 我认为节食和锻炼应该能解决你的问题 |
[11:35] | Nothing like a good fat-free muffin to send you on your way… | 没什么能比一个美味的零脂肪麦芬蛋糕更 |
[11:41] | Hi, Daph, I’m here for Niles. | 嗨 Daph 我来接Niles |
[11:43] | He’s at your place. | 他在你家呢 |
[11:44] | He said you were meeting him there for dinner. | 他说你在那儿等他吃晚餐 |
[11:46] | Well, I specifically told him | 我明确告诉过他 |
[11:48] | – I would pick him up here. Ah… – Sorry. | – 我会来这接他 – 抱歉 |
[11:51] | It’s not bad enough he usurps my radio show… | 在电台篡位还不够 |
[11:54] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[11:56] | Oh, you’ll think I’m silly, but I’m donating food to the poor. | 你可能觉得我很傻 但我在给穷人捐食物 |
[12:00] | Why would I think that’s silly? | 为什么我会觉得这很傻 |
[12:02] | – What does that say about me? – No, I was just going to say… | – 把我当什么人了 – 不是 我只是说 |
[12:05] | I do my bit for charity, you know. | 我也有为慈善出力的 |
[12:06] | You have no idea how many vacations | 你都不知道我在无声竞拍上 |
[12:08] | I’ve bought at silent auctions. | 拍过多少度假套餐呢 |
[12:10] | No, that’s not it. | 不是因为这个 |
[12:11] | You see, when I found out Niles needed heart surgery | 当我发现Niles需要做心脏手术的时候 |
[12:14] | I felt so scared and helpless, so I kind of made a vow | 我感到非常害怕无助 所以我就向天起誓 |
[12:18] | that if he came out okay I would spend more time helping the less fortunate. | 如果他平安无事 我就会为需要帮助的人做更多 |
[12:23] | A vow? You mean, like a promise to God? | 誓言 你是说向上帝保证的那种吗 |
[12:25] | Yeah, I know, it must sound absurd to you, | 是啊 你肯定觉得很荒唐 |
[12:27] | – a man of science. – No, no. Now… | – 作为一个科学家 – 不不 |
[12:31] | …when exactly did you make this promise? | 你具体是什么时候发誓的 |
[12:34] | – The night before his surgery. – The night before, you say. | – 他手术前夜 – 他手术前夜是吧 |
[12:39] | – Interesting. You say Niles is at my place? – Yeah. | – 有意思 你是说Niles在我家 – 是的 |
[12:44] | Excuse me. Keep up the good work. | 那我走了 继续加油做慈善吧 |
[12:51] | – Oh, what’s all this? – Food for the poor. | – 那是什么 – 给穷人的食物 |
[12:53] | Oh, it must be nice to be poor | 作为一个穷人 |
[12:56] | and have people just giving you food. | 有人给你提供免费食物想必挺好 |
[13:02] | Daphne, you were up awfully late last night. | Daphne 你昨晚睡得很晚啊 |
[13:04] | Yeah, I was watching television. | 是啊我在看电视 |
[13:07] | Were you? Or was that husband of yours sneaking upstairs | 是吗 还是说你的丈夫溜上楼 |
[13:11] | – …to demand you perform your wifely chore? – I wish. | – 要求你履行妻子的职责呢 – 我倒想 |
[13:16] | He’s still not ready to be in the same bed with me. | 他还是没准备好和我同床 |
[13:18] | He’s rich, and you don’t have | 他有钱 你还不需要 |
[13:20] | to sleep with him. Rub it in, why don’t you? | 和他睡觉 你就炫耀吧 |
[13:25] | I know he’s trying to ease back into things, | 我知道他是想慢慢恢复 |
[13:28] | but it’s been weeks since the doctor said he was okay. | 但医生说他痊愈后这都过了几周了 |
[13:31] | Well, isn’t it obvious? | 还不明显吗 |
[13:33] | The poor thing’s probably not feeling very attractive. | 可怜的小东西大概是觉得自己没魅力了 |
[13:37] | I mean, he’s all skinny and pale, | 他又瘦又苍白 |
[13:40] | and now he has that scar, too. | 现在又有了那道疤 |
[13:43] | I don’t think that’s it, Mum. | 我不觉得是因为那个 妈妈 |
[13:45] | I just think he’s scared and I understand that. | 我认为他是害怕了 我也理解 |
[13:48] | But how long are we gonna go on like this? | 但要继续这样多久啊 |
[13:50] | – Until you stop babying him. – I’m not babying him. | – 直到你不再这么宝贝他 – 我没有宝贝他 |
[13:53] | – I’m just giving him the time he needs. – Oh, piffle. | – 我只是给他需要的时间 – 胡扯 |
[13:56] | What he needs is a swift kick in the bum. | 他需要的是被轻踢一下屁股 |
[13:59] | Look, you’ve got to seduce him. | 你得去诱惑他 |
[14:02] | Use your feminine wiles. | 利用你的女性魅力 |
[14:05] | That’s how your brother Billy landed Kevin. | 你兄弟Billy就是这么把Kevin搞到手的 |
[14:11] | Well, sharing a cell helped. | 毕竟曾经在一个牢房里挤过 |
[14:16] | You know, maybe I’ll give that a try. | 或许我可以试试呢 |
[14:20] | When Niles walks into the guest room tonight, | 当Niles今晚走进客房的时候 |
[14:22] | I’ll have a surprise waiting for him — | 我给他准备个惊喜 |
[14:25] | candles, soft music, a negligee… | 点上蜡烛 放上音乐 穿上睡裙 |
[14:28] | nothing too sexy, we don’t want to strain his heart. | 不会太性感 不能危害到他的心脏 |
[14:32] | Well, there’s nothing wrong with your ego. | 太自大也没什么不好的 |
[14:35] | – Thanks for the advice, Mum. – My pleasure, love. | – 谢谢你的建议 妈妈 – 我的荣幸 亲爱的 |
[14:37] | And since you and Niles | 既然你和Niles |
[14:39] | will be in the guest room, I’ll sleep in your room tonight. | 要睡客房了 我今晚就睡你们房间吧 |
[14:42] | No sense in letting that king-sized bed go to waste. | 没理由浪费一张特大号的床 |
[14:45] | This time, use a coaster when you take your teeth out. | 这次你把牙齿拿出来的时候麻烦用个托盘 |
[14:52] | Stop the tape. Who’s he again? | 暂停 这是谁啊 |
[14:55] | That’s Diego, the illegitimate son of Sonia LaFontaine. | 那是Diego 是Sonia LaFontaine的私生子 |
[15:00] | He joined the army to avenge | 他为了给死去的兄弟报仇 |
[15:02] | the death of his brother. Athough frankly, I’m little worried about him. | 而加入了军队 不过说实话 我有点替他担心 |
[15:06] | I’m not sure he’s fighting this war for the right reasons. | 我觉得他参战的理由不太正当 |
[15:10] | Hey, you want some of this fancy dessert? It must be really good. | 你想要吃点这个甜品吗 肯定很好吃 |
[15:12] | – Because Frasier said not to touch it. – No. No thanks. | – 因为Frasier叫我们别碰 – 不了谢谢 |
[15:16] | I brought some of these tasty rye flats in case I feel peckish. | 我带了这些美味的黑麦饼干以防我肚子饿 |
[15:23] | They look like wood! I thought your doctor… | 他们看起来跟木头似的 我以为医生 |
[15:27] | – cleared you to eat normal foods. – Well, uh, he did. | – 已经准许你吃正常食物了 – 是的 |
[15:29] | but I feel my tastes have gotten simpler since I cheated death. | 但我觉得死里逃生之后口味变清淡了 |
[15:43] | It’s hard to explain. | 很难解释 |
[15:45] | Don’t need to explain to me, son. I know what’s it like about cheating death. | 不需要跟我解释 儿子 我明白死里逃生的感觉 |
[15:48] | That’s true, although I think I got a little closer than you did. | 确实 虽然我觉得我比你的经历更险一点 |
[15:53] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[15:56] | Well, let’s see. | 让我想想啊 |
[15:58] | I got shot by a gun, and you ate a bunch of cheese. | 我是被枪击中 而你是吃了太多奶酪 |
[16:03] | I was clinically dead for several minutes! | 医学上来说我有几分钟是死亡状态 |
[16:06] | I looked Death square in the eye. | 我直视了死亡的眼睛 |
[16:08] | Well, you might have looked him in the eye, but I shook his hand. | 你可能直视了他的眼 我握了他的手呢 |
[16:12] | Really? Well, I kissed him on the cheek. | 是吗 我亲吻了他的脸颊呢 |
[16:14] | Well, I kissed him on the lips. | 我亲吻了他的唇呢 |
[16:17] | Also, Death was a girl. | 而且 死亡是个女孩 |
[16:21] | Dad, I don’t want to turn this into a competition. I’m just… | 爸爸 我不想把这个变成一场比赛 我只是 |
[16:23] | – just trying to embrace life to the fullest. – Oh, will you give it a rest! | – 想完全地享受生命 – 得了吧你 |
[16:28] | – Excuse me? – You haven’t embraced a damn thing. | – 你说什么 – 你啥都没享受 |
[16:30] | All you’re doing is yakking about feeling this and experiencing that. | 成天只是在唠叨着感受这个经历那个 |
[16:33] | You’re not doing anything. | 什么实事都没做 |
[16:35] | You won’t go back to work, or play squash, or even eat your favorite foods. | 你不去上班 不去打壁球 不吃你最喜欢的食物了 |
[16:39] | I’m just, I’m easing into things until I’m back to normal. | 我只是 在缓慢恢复正常 |
[16:43] | – The doctor says you’re there. – Well, I’m just being extra cautious. | – 医生说你已经正常了 – 我只是想更小心点 |
[16:48] | Sounds to me like you’re afraid, son. | 听起来像是你怕了 儿子 |
[16:53] | Well, what if I am? | 说不定我就是呢 |
[16:54] | Haven’t I earned that right to be afraid? I could have died. | 我没权利害怕吗 我曾经差点死掉呢 |
[16:57] | – I understand. – Okay. | – 我明白 – 好的 |
[16:59] | When I got out of the hospital, I was terrified to take a risk. | 我刚出院的时候 什么事都不敢冒险 |
[17:04] | I didn’t want to leave the house. Ducked for cover every time | 我不想离开家 每次一有汽车回火 |
[17:07] | a car backfired. | 就赶紧找地方躲 |
[17:12] | I know my fears aren’t rational. | 我知道恐惧是不理智的 |
[17:15] | I know my heart is sound. | 我知道我的心在跳动 |
[17:18] | I feel fine. | 我感觉身体是好的 |
[17:21] | But I felt fine before this happened. How do I know, | 我在我出事之前 我也是这么觉得的 我怎么知道 |
[17:24] | – …that the same thing won’t… – Well, you don’t know! | – 一样的事不会再发生 – 你不知道 |
[17:27] | That’s exactly what I came to realize. | 这正是我想明白的 |
[17:28] | Life’s a crap shoot. We could all go at any time. | 生活就是一场糟糕的游戏 我们随时都可能丧命 |
[17:32] | That’s why we have to make the most of whatever time we’ve got. | 因此我们才应该在有限时间里做尽可能多的事 |
[17:38] | “Like sand through the hourglass, | 我们生命中的日子 |
[17:40] | so are the Days of Our Lives…” | 就像沙漏里的沙子 |
[17:45] | Okay, point taken. | 好了我明白了 |
[17:50] | – Thank you, Dad! – Where you going? | – 谢谢你 爸爸 – 你去哪儿 |
[17:53] | – To live my life! – You forgot the rye flats. | – 去珍惜光阴 – 你忘了你的黑麦饼干 |
[17:57] | No, I didn’t, Dad. No, I didn’t. | 我没忘 爸爸 我没忘 |
[18:02] | Well, you’re not leaving them here! | 反正你不能把它留在这儿 |
[18:11] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[18:22] | Hello, God, it’s me again. | 上帝你好 又是我 |
[18:25] | Dr. Frasier Crane. | Frasier Crane医生 |
[18:28] | Listen, it seems that when we made our little arrangement, | 看起来当我立下我们的小契约之时 |
[18:32] | there was another deal in place. | 这之中还有另一桩交易的存在 |
[18:35] | Now, I’ve had some experience with double-booking, | 我对重复预定还是略知一二的 |
[18:37] | and I know that the person who books first | 我也知道先定下的那个人 |
[18:39] | always gets priority. So… | 永远是优先的 所以 |
[18:43] | as long as Daphne keeps her end, | 只要Daphne履行约定 |
[18:44] | which she is, to the letter | 事实上她也做到了 一丝不苟地 |
[18:48] | it seems our little arrangement | 看来我们的小约定 |
[18:51] | would be rendered null and void. | 就自动宣告无效了 |
[18:55] | Ergo, I am now going to yell at my brother. | 从而 我现在要去骂我的弟弟了 |
[19:01] | Unless of course, you give me a sign. | 当然除非 你给我个启示 |
[19:10] | Very well, then. | 很好 那么 |
[19:13] | This is going to be sweet. | 这真是太好了 |
[19:17] | – Niles! – There you are! You’re 40 minutes late. | – Niles – 你在这呢 你迟了四十分钟 |
[19:20] | No matter, I have more important things to do. | 无所谓 我现在有重要的事要去做 |
[19:22] | Not so fast, Mister! You, sir, | 别着急啊 先生 你 |
[19:23] | have been insufferable for the past few weeks. | 在过去的几周实在让人无法忍受 |
[19:26] | It might enlighten you to know | 为了你好或许该让你知道 |
[19:27] | that your endless preaching was nothing more | 你无尽的演说只不过 |
[19:29] | than a thin cover for your fear… | 是恐惧的一层薄薄的伪装 |
[19:30] | I know, I know. Dad just told me, | 我知道 爸爸刚和我说了 |
[19:32] | And he’s right. I’ve been an ass lately. | 他是对的 我最近太混账了 |
[19:34] | I’m really sorry, but I have to go. My wife is waiting for me. | 真的很抱歉 但我要走了 我的妻子在等我 |
[19:38] | Frankly, Frasier, I’m | 说实话 Frasier 我 |
[19:39] | – surprised you didn’t bring this up sooner. – But… | – 很惊讶你竟然没有早点说 – 但 |
[19:53] | Well played, God. | 这一手玩得好啊 上帝 |
[20:03] | I’ll see you at Easter. | 我们复活节见 |
[20:29] | Niles! What happened? | Niles 发生什么了 |
[20:34] | – Are you all right? – Yes. | – 你没事吧 – 没事 |
[20:35] | I just jumped into bed with your mother. | 我只是跳上了你妈的床 |
[20:38] | – Oh, dear. No wonder she screamed. – That wasn’t her. | – 天呐 怪不得她尖叫了 – 不是她叫的 |
[20:42] | – What were you doing in there? – I just… wanted to… | – 你在那儿干嘛 – 我只是 想要 |
[20:47] | …take my wife into my arms and show her how much I love her. | 把我的妻子揽入怀中让她知道我有多爱她 |
[20:50] | – Are you sure you’re ready? – Trust me. | – 你确定你准备好了吗 – 相信我 |
[20:53] | If my heart can take that, it can take anything. | 我的心脏连那个都受得了 其他的就都没问题了 |