时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Oh, hey Roz. Can I join you? | Roz 你好啊 我能坐这吗 |
[00:09] | – Sure. – May I have a latte to go, please? | – 当然 – 能给我打包杯拿铁吗 |
[00:12] | And I… | 还有 |
[00:13] | I hope that they’re paying you extra to wear that. | 我希望他们专门付钱让你戴这个 |
[00:15] | No. | 没有 |
[00:16] | But I was hoping that it would | 但我希望戴这个 |
[00:17] | – help me with my tips. – Ah. Well, as you know, | – 可以帮我加点小费 – 你知道的 |
[00:19] | my tipping policy stands | 我的小费原则主要遵循 |
[00:20] | firmly on the twin pillars of courtesy and efficiency | 态度和效率这两大主要因素 |
[00:24] | But today I should include whimsy | 但今天我还会算上小惊喜 |
[00:27] | Merry Christmas | 圣诞快乐 |
[00:29] | God Bless You, sir. | 上帝保佑你 先生 |
[00:34] | I’m really surprised. Frasier | 我真的很意外 Frasier |
[00:35] | I didn’t think you’d go for something so kitschy like that. | 我以为你才不会在意这种俗事 |
[00:38] | It’s Christmas time I say let a thousand antlers bloom. | 圣诞节嘛 我希望到处都是鹿角 |
[00:40] | Oh, well what a relief. | 真是让我松了口气 |
[00:43] | – Oh… oh, Roz. – I’m working Santa’s Toy Drive at the mall. | – 哦 Roz – 我在圣诞老人玩具铺兼职 |
[00:49] | – I’m an elf. – Roz, if you | – 我扮的是精灵 – Roz 要是你 |
[00:50] | needed extra cash you should have come to me. | 真的缺钱 你可以来找我 |
[00:52] | I’ve got plenty of odd chores around the house. | 我家里有一堆杂事可以让你做 |
[00:54] | It’s not about money. | 不是为了钱 |
[00:56] | – I’m volunteering. – Oh! Well, good for you, yes. | – 这是志愿活动 – 那你真不错 |
[01:00] | Yeah, visiting Santa Claus at the | 圣诞节的时候去商场的 |
[01:02] | department store was one of my favorite memories as a kid. | 圣诞老人铺是我童年最开心的记忆 |
[01:05] | Mmmm… I always found him terrifying and inquisitorial. | 嗯 我觉得他挺可怕的 还问东问西的 |
[01:11] | When I was seven my mom | 我七岁的时候 我母亲 |
[01:13] | and dad took me to the mall to see Santa… | 和父亲带我去商场看圣诞老人 |
[01:16] | They were going through their divorce at the time | 当时他们正在闹离婚 |
[01:18] | so they were barely talking. | 所以互相几乎不说话 |
[01:19] | Anyway, when I sat down on Santa’s lap, I started to cry… | 所以我坐到圣诞老人腿上就开始哭了 |
[01:25] | and he was just so nice, | 而他特别好 |
[01:28] | he made me feel safe and protected… | 让我感到安全 受保护 |
[01:31] | I don’t know, he just made me feel special. | 不知道怎么回事 他让我觉得自己很特别 |
[01:33] | So if I can do that for just one little kid – you know? | 所以我要是能让一个孩子有这样的感受 |
[01:36] | I’d like to do that. | 我就想去做 |
[01:37] | I’m sorry I laughed at you, Roz. You should be very proud of yourself. | 抱歉刚刚嘲笑你 Roz 你该为自己感到骄傲 |
[01:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:42] | and I better go before I’m late. | 我得快点走 快迟到了 |
[01:44] | Oh, right. I’m going too, I’ll walk with you. | 对 我也得走了 我和你一起去 |
[01:52] | Actually Roz, | 事实上 Roz |
[01:55] | why don’t you go ahead?? I’m going to get myself a scone. | 不如你先走吧 我还想买块松饼 |
[02:03] | Oh, hi guys. Good to see you. Come on in. | 各位 你们好啊 快进来 |
[02:06] | Hey! Ah, we were hoping to uh, use your wassail bowl. | 我们想要来借你们的沃塞尔酒杯 |
[02:08] | Oh, I’m sorry, Niles. I’ve already loaned it | 真对不起 我已经把东西借给 |
[02:11] | to Lawrence Emerson and his mandrel-caroling group. | Lawrence Emerson和他的唱诗组用 |
[02:14] | Well you can kiss that bowl good-bye. Frasier… | 那么你就得和那杯子说再见了 |
[02:18] | the Yule Tones are the bad boys of Renaissance Christmas music. | Yule Tones就是唱诗班中的恶霸 |
[02:22] | Have you ever seen a church common room | 你见过他们表演之后的 |
[02:24] | after one of their performances? | 教堂休息室吗 |
[02:26] | Why don’t you just use the punch bowl? | 为什么不直接用潘趣酒碗 |
[02:28] | Because then it wouldn’t be wassail, it would be punch. | 因为那就不是沃塞尔酒 是潘趣酒了 |
[02:30] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别呢 |
[02:30] | Me dad used to say | 我爸以前说 |
[02:31] | that punch would make you want to kiss the donkey in the manger scene, | 潘趣酒会让你想要亲马槽里的驴子 |
[02:34] | and wassail makes you want to check into the inn. | 而沃塞尔酒会让你想要和他们上床 |
[02:39] | That’s very funny. Uh, listen Daphne, uh, I was just wondering, | 很有趣啊 听着Daphne 我在想 |
[02:42] | is your mum partial to a traditional Cornwell dressing? | 你妈妈喜欢传统康沃尔裙吗 |
[02:45] | You see, I’m thinking it’d go splendidly | 我觉得那样会和我准备的 |
[02:47] | with the 12 lb. Hungarian goose that I’m serving. | 12磅重的匈牙利鹅很配 |
[02:51] | Mum is spending Christmas on a cruise, | 我妈要在游轮上过圣诞节 |
[02:54] | an early Christmas present from Niles. | 是Niles提前给的圣诞礼物 |
[02:56] | Yes, I didn’t think she’d go for it, | 没错 我都没想到她会愿意 |
[02:58] | but apparently in international waters | 但明显在国际海域上 |
[03:00] | you can play single deck Black Jack. | 可以玩单副黑杰克 |
[03:03] | Actually Frasier, Daphne and I… | 事实上 Frasier Daphne和我 |
[03:06] | would like to have you over at our place for Christmas this year. | 希望今年你们能来我们家过圣诞节 |
[03:09] | Yeah, we just put up our tree and everything looks so lovely. | 没错 我们刚把树摆好 看上去很棒 |
[03:11] | and it is our first Christmas as a married couple. | 而且这也是我们夫妻的第一个圣诞节 |
[03:15] | – Well, uh, as lovely as that sounds… – Oh, come on, why not?! | – 虽然听上去不错 – 为什么不 |
[03:18] | Uh, well, Niles, because it’s a little late | Niles 因为现在 |
[03:21] | to be changing things, isn’t it? | 才要改地方是不是有点晚了 |
[03:23] | Besides, we’ve always had Christmas here, it’s a tradition. | 加上我们一直在这过圣诞 这是传统 |
[03:25] | “Wassail – a Christmas punch.” | “沃塞尔酒 是圣诞节喝的潘趣酒” |
[03:31] | Frasier, you’ve had Christmas | Frasier 过去的九年圣诞节 |
[03:32] | for the past nine years. | 一直是在你这过的 |
[03:33] | Yes, but we agreed that when you hosted Thanksgiving, | 没错 但我们说好了你办感恩节 |
[03:35] | that we would have Christmas here in its traditional setting. | 圣诞节就在我这 按往年传统过 |
[03:38] | Well maybe it’s time to start a new tradition. | 也应该是时候有个新传统 |
[03:40] | But I’ve had new stockings… | 但我已经为所有人 |
[03:42] | loomed for everyone – now there, | 准备好了圣诞礼物袜 |
[03:43] | you see, you’ve made me spoil the surprise | 你看 我把惊喜都提前说出来了 |
[03:45] | And did no one hear that I have ordered a Hungarian goose?! | 而且没人听到我买了只匈牙利鹅吗 |
[03:52] | Which you are more than welcome to bring over to our place. | 那我们也十分欢迎你带过来 |
[03:54] | It’s not my date, it’s dinner! | 这又不是我女朋友 是晚餐啊 |
[04:00] | Honestly Niles, I’m really quite affronted by this. | 说真的 Niles 我感到自己被冒犯了 |
[04:03] | If it means that much to him, | 要是他真的那么看重 |
[04:04] | – why don’t we just let him keep it? – No, No! | – 那就在这里过算了 – 不不 |
[04:07] | There is no reason why just this once | 完全没有理由凭什么 |
[04:09] | we can’t host Christmas at the Montana. | 我们就不能在蒙大拿过圣诞 |
[04:11] | – Frasier’s just being a churl. – You’re the churl! | – Frasier就是在耍横 – 你才耍横 |
[04:12] | You’re both a couple of churls. | 你们都在耍横 |
[04:15] | How about a compromise? Say… | 不如各退一步 比方 |
[04:17] | morning at one house, afternoon at the other. | 早上一家 下午一家 |
[04:20] | Well, that’s a wonderful idea… | 这主意真棒 |
[04:21] | but who gets morning and who gets afternoon? | 但早上谁家 下午谁家 |
[04:23] | – Morning! Morning! – I think Niles said it first. | – 早上 早上 – 我想是Niles先说的 |
[04:30] | Dad, who do you think said it first? | 爸 你说是谁先说的 |
[04:31] | I’m sick of everything being a contest between you two. | 我真讨厌你们俩事事都要比赛较真 |
[04:34] | Alright then, dad, you decide where we’re having Christmas. | 好吧 爸 你来决定圣诞去哪过 |
[04:35] | – I’m fine with that. – Alright… I will. | – 我没意见 – 行啊 |
[04:39] | I need a few days to think about it… In the meantime, | 我得花几天来想想 与此同时 |
[04:42] | decision-making is thirsty work, sure could use a beer. | 做决定是很渴的 来杯啤酒肯定不错 |
[04:46] | – Oh! I’ll get it! – NO!! I got it! | – 我去拿 – 不 我去拿 |
[04:47] | Oh, will you shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[04:50] | A little trick their mom taught me. | 他们妈妈教我的小伎俩 |
[04:55] | Don’t worry, Margie, you don’t need a chimney. | 别担心 Margie 不一定要有烟囱 |
[04:58] | Santa always finds a way in. | 圣诞老人会有办法进你家的 |
[05:02] | – You have a Merry Christmas now. – Thank you, Santa. | – 圣诞快乐 – 谢谢圣诞老人 |
[05:06] | – Roz! Hello. – Oh! Hi, Frasier. | – 你好 Roz – 你好 Frasier |
[05:09] | Listen, when I’m at the North Pole my name is Snowflake. | 听着 现在在北极的时候叫我雪花 |
[05:13] | It’s a little on the nose, isn’t it? | 有点太直白了 不是吗 |
[05:15] | I was at the mall and thought I’d drop | 我正好在商场 想着正好 |
[05:16] | – off a donation for the Toy Drive. – Thank you very much. | – 拿点钱捐给你们 – 真是谢谢 |
[05:19] | – Is this for us too? – No, no, | – 这也是给我们的 – 不是 不是 |
[05:21] | actually this is another “Dancing Santa” For dad. | 事实上是给我爸买的跳舞圣诞老人 |
[05:24] | His other one got damaged. | 之前的那个坏了 |
[05:26] | I thought you threw that thing over the balcony? | 我以为是你从阳台上丢下去了 |
[05:28] | Yes, which damaged it. | 没错 所以就坏了 |
[05:33] | Polly, what would you like Santa to bring you? | Polly 你想圣诞老人带给你什么 |
[05:36] | He wouldn’t have to bring me anything. Just show up. | 他什么都不用给我带 他来了就好 |
[05:39] | Back off Twinkle, I saw him first. | 走远点 闪闪 老娘先看上的 |
[05:42] | What’s this?? Do I sense a | 这是什么 我好像感觉 |
[05:44] | little office romance… here at Santa’s Workshop? | 到一点圣诞老人礼品铺里的恋情 |
[05:47] | Oh, I wouldn’t mind. His name is Rick, and he’s so… sweet. | 我倒不介意 他叫Rick 他真的很善良 |
[05:52] | – And let me guess, he’s also a hunk? – I wouldn’t know, | – 让我猜猜他还是型男 – 我不知道 |
[05:54] | I haven’t seen him without his Santa getup yet. | 我还没见过他脱下圣诞老人妆 |
[05:56] | But based on those eyes, there’s definite potential. | 但看他的眼神 肯定有潜力 |
[06:02] | Santa needs his favorite helper elf. | 圣诞老人需要他最喜欢的小精灵帮助 |
[06:04] | Oh, see that, I’m his favorite. | 听到没 他最喜欢我 |
[06:07] | Down, Snowflake, I’ve got this one. | 别猴急 雪花 这个我来 |
[06:09] | Okay Twinkle, you go ahead. Oh, no, is that a zit? | 行 闪闪 你去吧 哦不 那个是青春痘吗 |
[06:18] | Oh, Snowflake. Over here. | 雪花小姐 这边 |
[06:21] | Hi. I just got back from the costume shop, | 我刚从戏装店回来 |
[06:24] | I had to get my toes re-curled. | 我的脚指尖得重卷一下 |
[06:26] | Ah, which reminds me. | 这倒提醒我了 |
[06:28] | How are things with Mr. Claus, mm? | 和圣诞老人怎么样了 |
[06:30] | Oh, I haven’t had a | 我还没机会 |
[06:31] | – chance to ask him out yet. – What’s the matter? | – 请他出去 – 怎么了 |
[06:34] | Low… elf-esteem? | 是精灵的不自信 |
[06:39] | How long have you been waiting to say that? | 你想说这个多久了 |
[06:40] | Two days. I almost called you. | 两天 我差点打电话给你 |
[06:45] | What’s this? Niles with dad. I knew it! | 这是什么 Niles和爸 我就知道 |
[06:50] | Oh! You guys aren’t still fighting about Christmas? | 你们还在为圣诞节争执不休 |
[06:52] | He’s fighting. I’m not fighting. | 是他在争 我没有 |
[06:54] | Oh, what is the big deal? Why don’t you let him have Christmas? | 有什么大不了的 为什么不能让给他 |
[06:57] | Because it is just so unfair. | 因为这不公平 |
[07:00] | – What’s not fair? – Oh, you wouldn’t understand. | – 有什么不公平 – 你不懂 |
[07:03] | Well, come on Frasier, talk to me. | 拜托 Frasier 跟我说说 |
[07:06] | Use your words. | 慢慢说 |
[07:10] | Because, it’s so egregious. | 因为这简直是衅稔恶盈 |
[07:13] | Smaller words. | 简单一点的话 |
[07:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:20] | Okay, look, it just seems | 听着 看上去 |
[07:20] | that Niles is systematically emptying my home. | Niles在一步步系统地清空我的房子 |
[07:24] | We used to have Thanksgiving dinner there… gone! | 以前在我那吃感恩节晚餐 没了 |
[07:27] | Daphne… gone! | Daphne 走了 |
[07:29] | If I let him have Christmas, I’ll have nothing left. | 要是我给他过圣诞节 我就没别的了 |
[07:32] | Just end up some… | 结局就只有 |
[07:34] | doddering old bachelor | 一个单身的老男人 |
[07:37] | sipping tea and keeping the | 边抿茶边把室温 |
[07:38] | apartment at a balmy seventy-eight degrees. | 调在温暖的华氏78度 |
[07:42] | And how is that different from now? | 这和现在有什么区别 |
[07:48] | Excuse me. I smell skullduggery afoot. | 不好意思 我闻到了前面的使诈味 |
[07:54] | – Hey, dad. – Hey, Fras. | – 爸 – Frasier |
[07:56] | New thermos? | 新保温杯 |
[07:57] | Niles, I’d have never thought you’d stoop so low. | Niles 我没想到你会这么自降身份 |
[08:01] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我完全不知道你在说什么 |
[08:02] | Just buying dad some coffee before driving him to work. | 我就在给爸在上班前买杯咖啡 |
[08:05] | You are trying to bribe dad to have Christmas at your place! | 你这是在贿赂爸 好在你那过圣诞 |
[08:08] | Oh, and what about you? Buying him the Dancing Santa. | 还有你呢 给他买跳舞的圣诞老人 |
[08:11] | A surprising gift, | 惊喜礼物吗 |
[08:12] | considering you threw his last one off the balcony! | 毕竟你亲手把上一个丢下阳台 |
[08:15] | You did what? That Santa never did anything to hurt you. | 你做了什么 那个圣诞老人没伤害你 |
[08:19] | All he ever did was dance and try to make people happy. | 他就是一心跳舞讨好所有人 |
[08:22] | Yes Yes all right dad | 没错 没错 都没错 爸 |
[08:24] | – Why would you do… – Alright! | – 你到底为什么 – 行了 |
[08:27] | Why do you have to make everything so difficult? | 你为什么要把一切都搞得那么复杂 |
[08:29] | Excuse me, Niles, but I have news for you. | 对不起 Niles 但我有消息告诉你 |
[08:31] | Copernicus called and you are not the center of the universe! | 哥白尼打电话来说你不是宇宙中心 |
[08:36] | – Alright, you two knock it off! – Let’s just settle this now. | – 你们俩消停会儿 – 现在解决吧 |
[08:40] | Dad, make your decision. | 爸 下决定吧 |
[08:43] | You know, I’m really disappointed in you guys. | 我对你们很失望 |
[08:45] | I thought that if I gave you a little time, | 我以为要是给你们点时间 |
[08:47] | you’d be mature enough to work this out on your own. | 你们可以成熟地自己解决这个问题 |
[08:49] | Well you were wrong! | 你错了呗 |
[08:52] | All right, You know what? | 行了 你知道吗 |
[08:53] | I just made my decision. I’m working Christmas. | 我刚决定 我圣诞节去上班 |
[08:56] | Jimmy Daily asked me to take his shift and I’m gonna do it. | Jimmy Daily求我顶他的班 那我就顶了 |
[08:59] | Because he’ll be happier with his family than I am with mine. | 因为他和他家人在一起会比我和家人更开心 |
[09:01] | Oh, dad, you can’t be serious? | 爸 你不是认真的吧 |
[09:02] | – We just clam down and discuss this rationaly. – It’s too late! | – 我们冷静点再谈谈吧 – 太晚了 |
[09:06] | And you don’t have to drive me to work, I can call a cab. | 也不用你们载我去上班 我打车去 |
[09:09] | I hope you’re happy! You’ve ruined Christmas! | 希望你们俩开心 你们毁了圣诞 |
[09:13] | – What a Jerk. – Boo | – 真是混蛋 – 恶 |
[09:17] | Not nice. | 不好哦 |
[09:27] | Dad, uh, Niles and I would like to apologize. | 爸 Niles和我想要道歉 |
[09:30] | It was untoward of us to… to argue of where to have Christmas. | 我们俩争去哪里过圣诞是不恰当的 |
[09:34] | Our conduct was… was self-absorbed and boorish. | 我们的行为 又自恋又粗鲁 |
[09:38] | Not that we deserve it, but please accept our apologies. | 我们可能不值得 但还请接受道歉 |
[09:43] | – Apologies accepted. – Thank you, | – 道歉接受了 – 谢谢 |
[09:45] | dad. So you’ll have Christmas with us? | 爸 那么你愿意和我们过圣诞 |
[09:47] | I’m afraid I can’t. I promised Jimmy | 我恐怕不能 我已经答应了Jimmy |
[09:49] | that I’d work. I can’t go back on it. | 会帮他顶班 我不能毁约 |
[09:51] | – When do you start? – 6 a.m., twelve-hour shift. | – 什么时候开始 – 早上6点 上12小时 |
[09:53] | It’s double time, so I’m not complaining. | 两班时间 我也不好说什么 |
[09:55] | – No, that’s the whole day. – Marty… | – 不 这相当于一天了 – Marty |
[09:58] | I need you to let maintenance | 我需要你让修理工 |
[09:59] | into the electrical closet on seven. | 七点的时候进电气间 |
[10:01] | Will do. | 好的 |
[10:03] | – See you boys later. – Bye, dad. | – 待会儿见 – 再见 爸 |
[10:13] | Christmas without dad… | 没有爸爸的圣诞节 |
[10:15] | This just won’t be… Christmas. | 这就不叫圣诞节了 |
[10:19] | I know. He’s always the first one under the tree. | 我知道 他是第一个跑到圣诞树下的 |
[10:24] | Mom always said that he was the biggest kid. | 妈妈也总说他是家里最大的孩子 |
[10:25] | He could never wait to open his presents. | 因为他总等不及拆他的礼物 |
[10:29] | He always puts on a brave face, | 他总是一脸无所谓 |
[10:30] | but I know he especially misses mom on Christmas. | 但我知道他圣诞节特别想妈妈 |
[10:35] | Niles, where is it written | Niles 哪里规定 |
[10:39] | that we have to have Christmas at either of our homes?? | 我们得在家里过圣诞节 |
[10:42] | – The Thanksgiving Accord of 2002. – No, no. What I am saying… | – 2002年感恩节协议 – 不 我是说 |
[10:46] | …since that dad has to work. | 既然爸要上班 |
[10:47] | Why can’t we bring the holiday to him?? | 为什么我们不能来找他过节 |
[10:49] | You mean just show up and surprise him? I like that. | 你是说突然出现给他惊喜 我喜欢 |
[10:54] | We can bring all our gifts and food. | 我们还可以带礼物来 还有吃的 |
[10:56] | Oh, better yet. What if… | 更好的是 要是 |
[10:57] | …the gifts were already here? | 礼物已经在这里了呢 |
[11:00] | – But… – Okay, here’s what I’m thinking… | – 但 – 好的 我想的是 |
[11:04] | We take the gifts that are here | 我们拿走这里的礼物 |
[11:06] | and put them under the tree at my house. | 然后摆在我家的圣诞树下 |
[11:09] | Get the real gifts and bring them here, all unbeknownst to dad. | 再瞒着爸 把真的礼物带过来 |
[11:15] | – Brilliant! – Can’t you just | – 太棒了 – 可以想象 |
[11:16] | see us casually stopping by on Christmas morning? | 我们随意地在圣诞节早上过来 |
[11:19] | “Hello, dad. Merry Christmas,” | “你好爸 圣诞快乐” |
[11:21] | “it’s just a shame that you had to spend Chri…” | “真可惜你得在这里过圣” |
[11:24] | “Hello? What’s this I spy?” | “哎呀 你猜我看到了什么” |
[11:29] | – “A present for Martin?” -“That’s not for me, those are fake.” | – “给Martin的礼物” – “不是我的 这是假的” |
[11:35] | “Well, here’s another one.” | “这里还有一个” |
[11:37] | “One for Niles. And one for Daphne.” | “这个是给Niles的 给Daphne的” |
[11:42] | “Oh geez it’s a miracle!” | “天呐这真是个奇迹” |
[11:45] | Oh, Niles. It’ll be the best Christmas we’ve ever had! | Niles 这将是最棒的圣诞节了 |
[11:48] | Look, I’m getting goose bumps! | 看 我都起鸡皮疙瘩了 |
[11:50] | Oh no, Niles, that’s your pine rash. | 哦 不 这是你松树过敏了 |
[11:51] | You’re too close to the tree. | 你离树太近了 |
[11:58] | Hey! Hi, Roz. | 嘿 你好啊 Roz |
[12:02] | – It, it’s me, Rick. – Oh my God, | – 是我啊 Rick – 天呐 |
[12:04] | Rick, I didn’t even recognize you. | Rick 我没认出你来 |
[12:07] | Roz and I volunteer at the mall together. | Roz和我一起在商场做志愿者 |
[12:09] | Rick plays Santa. | Rick是圣诞老人 |
[12:10] | Daphne, this is Rick. Rick, Daphne. | Daphne这是Rick Rick 这是Daphne |
[12:12] | Oh, Roz has told me all about you. | Roz说了很多你的事 |
[12:14] | – Would you like to join us? – I’d love to, | – 想坐下来聊天吗 – 我很想 |
[12:15] | but I have to get back to my day job. | 但我还要回去上班 |
[12:17] | – Oh, what do you do? – I’m an investment banker. | – 你做什么的 – 我是银行投资家 |
[12:20] | Could you excuse me for just one second? | 不好意思等我一下 |
[12:22] | Wow, Roz! You never told me he was so gorgeous. | Roz 你从没说他有这么帅 |
[12:26] | Oh, I’ve never seen him out of his costume before. | 我之前也没见过他脱下服装 |
[12:28] | He’s successful and has great taste. | 他有成功品味又好 |
[12:31] | Those shoes… Enrico Zangleones. | 这双鞋 Enrico Zangleones牌的 |
[12:35] | Niles is teaching me. | Niles在教我 |
[12:39] | It’s very nice meeting you, Daphne. I’ll see you tonight, Roz? | 很高兴见到你Daphne 我们今晚见Roz |
[12:42] | Maybe we could take our break together. | 我们还可以一起休息 |
[12:44] | I stuck a bottle of schnapps in my locker. | 我在储物柜里藏了瓶杜松子酒 |
[12:47] | Yeah, maybe. | 可能吧 |
[12:49] | – Is something wrong? You don’t like schnapps? – No! | – 有问题吗 不喜欢杜松子酒 – 不是 |
[12:52] | No, it’s just so strange to see you without your beard. | 不是 就是看到你没胡子有点怪 |
[12:55] | You really should grow one. | 你真的应该蓄一个 |
[12:57] | – It would make your eyes twinkle. – Eh, I tried once. | – 让你的眼睛更亮 – 我试过一次 |
[13:00] | Kinda came in… tough. I looked like a dog on Rogaine. | 长得很疯狂 像掉在生发液里的狗 |
[13:09] | What was that? | 那是什么 |
[13:11] | – I… I laughed. – That’s your laugh? | – 我笑啦 – 你这么笑 |
[13:13] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[13:15] | – Wow, at the mall it’s so booming. – I… I know, I hate that. | – 超市的时候很低沉 – 我知道 很讨厌的 |
[13:18] | It really kills my throat. Very nice to meet you. | 让我的喉咙很不舒服 很高兴见到你 |
[13:22] | – Bye, Bye. – I’ll see you later. | – 再见 – 一会儿见 |
[13:22] | Bye. | 再见 |
[13:24] | – Why are you being so weird? He seems perfect. – I’d don’t know. | – 你怎么那么奇怪 他那么完美 – 不知道 |
[13:28] | just wasn’t what I was expecting. | 好像和我的想象不一样 |
[13:30] | – Something missing. – Like what? | – 缺了什么 – 缺什么 |
[13:33] | I don’t know. Well, at the mall he has all this warmth… | 不知道 在超市他很温暖 |
[13:37] | and he’s got this jolly sense of humor. | 而且还有很有感染力的幽默感 |
[13:40] | Oh, you should see him… | 你该看看他 |
[13:41] | when he laughs, his whole stomach shakes. | 他笑的时候 肚子都会晃起来 |
[13:43] | Oh, my God! You’re in love with Santa Claus. | 天呐 你喜欢上圣诞老人了 |
[13:49] | – No, I’m not. – Well, it makes sense when you think about it. | – 不 我才没有 – 不过想想也有道理 |
[13:53] | Santa’s the perfect man. | 圣诞老人是完美的男人 |
[13:54] | He’s a good listener, he likes to travel… | 善于倾听 喜欢旅游 |
[13:57] | – he gives great presents. – Give me a break. | – 而且还给很棒的礼物 – 拜托 |
[14:01] | Admit it. You want the jelly belly. | 承认吧 你就喜欢那个大肚子男人 |
[14:05] | Okay, don’t be gross. | 行了 别恶心了 |
[14:07] | You want to bang-boots with the big boy. | 你想和那个老男人好好玩玩 |
[14:12] | I have to get to work. | 我要去上班了 |
[14:13] | You want to get your paws on the Claus is more like it. | 你是更想把爪子伸向圣诞老人吧 |
[14:16] | Stop it, Daphne! That’s enough! | 停下 Daphne 你够了 |
[14:18] | One more you’re a Ho, Ho, Ho. | 就加一个 你想做圣诞老人的女人 |
[14:32] | Dad! What are you doing still sitting there? | 爸 你怎么还坐在这 |
[14:35] | I told you ten minutes ago that we were | 我十分钟前就告诉你我们要出去 |
[14:36] | going out for Christmas Eve ice cream. – Oh, I changed my mind. | – 买平安夜冰激凌 – 我改主意了 |
[14:39] | Eddie and I are too bloated from the nog. | Eddie和我喝多了蛋酒不想动 |
[14:42] | Well, then maybe we should, uh, take Eddie and uh, | 那不如我们带着Eddie |
[14:45] | walk it off. Come on, mister!? Let’s go! | 出去走走消食 拜托了 先生 走吧 |
[14:46] | No, I’m gonna be up early for work. | 不了 我还要早起上班 |
[14:49] | I sure could use somethin’ to nibble on, though. | 不过也可以再吃点什么 |
[14:53] | – No, no, no, no. – Stop pushing. Stop pushing. | – 不不不 – 别推 别推 |
[14:57] | Listen, dad’s still here, I couldn’t get rid of him. | 听着 爸还在这 我赶不走他 |
[14:59] | – Come back in an hour. – No, we can’t do that. | – 一小时候回来 – 不 我们做不到 |
[15:01] | The maintenance man in dad’s building | 爸楼里的修理工 |
[15:03] | was so nervous about us taking these out of the lobby, | 很担心我们把礼物拿出大厅 |
[15:04] | I promised him we’d have | 我答应他十点前 |
[15:05] | our real gifts under his tree by ten o’clock. | 把真的礼物放到树下面 |
[15:08] | Alright, what we need is a | 行了 我们只要 |
[15:09] | really good distraction. I’ll tell you what. | 分散注意力就好 要我说 |
[15:11] | Knock when you think of one. | 你想到了就敲门 |
[15:16] | – What were you doing out there? – Nothing. | – 你在那干嘛 – 没有 |
[15:20] | Thought I heard the door knock. | 我以为听到敲门声 |
[15:24] | Hey, that’s pretty good. | 这蛮灵的哟 |
[15:28] | Oh, hello guys. Dad, look who it is. It’s Niles and Daphne. | 你们好 爸 你看谁来了 Niles和Daphne |
[15:33] | I see ’em. | 我看得到 |
[15:35] | – So, what brings you two here? – Good question, Frasier. Daphne? | – 你们怎么来了 – 问得好 Daphne |
[15:38] | I need your father’s help with a present. | 我需要你爸帮我准备个礼物 |
[15:40] | – and that’s what we’re doing here. – Exactly, yes. | – 我们来这就是为了这个 – 没错 |
[15:44] | – Come on Martin, we can do this in my old room. – No problem. | – Martin去我以前的房间 – 没问题 |
[15:50] | Okay, now! Real presents go out in | 好的 现在 真礼物先出去 |
[15:52] | the hall by the door, fake presents under the tree. | 放在门边上 假礼物搬到树下面 |
[15:55] | Niles, did you notice my Christmas village? | Niles 你看到我的圣诞村庄吗 |
[15:56] | Would you like to see smoke waft out of the cobbler’s chimney? | 你想看修鞋匠烟囱里吹出的烟吗 |
[15:58] | Uh, maybe later. | 等会儿再看 |
[16:00] | Frasier, I have to warn you. | Frasier 我得提醒你 |
[16:03] | These prop boxes are heavy | 假盒子很重 |
[16:04] | some idiot weighed them down with bricks. | 有些蠢货在里面放了砖块 |
[16:07] | Just with our luck, | 就当是我们运气好 |
[16:07] | we get the only myth lobby decorator in all of Seattle. | 遇见了全西雅图最怪的大厅装饰员 |
[16:16] | – How much time do you think Daphne can buy over dad? – Not much. | – 你觉得Daphne能骗多久 – 没多久 |
[16:19] | They’re just putting batteries | 他们进去就是把电池 |
[16:20] | in the digital camera we’re giving you. | 放进我们要送给你的摄影机 |
[16:25] | – Act surprised. – Right! | – 装得吃惊点 – 好的 |
[16:27] | – I said I’d get them!! – Oh, you’ll never find them. | – 我说我来拿 – 你找不到的 |
[16:30] | How could you ask me to | 你怎么可以找我来放电池 |
[16:30] | put batteries in when you didn’t bring any batteries? | 但自己又不带电池来呢 |
[16:34] | Now, boys, you know the rules. | 孩子们 你们知道规矩的 |
[16:36] | – No shaking The presents. – You see Niles, I told you. | – 不准摇礼物 – Niles 我说了吧 |
[16:40] | I found them. Let’s go. | 我找到了 走吧 |
[16:43] | Daphne! No more surprises. | Daphne 别再搞意外了 |
[16:44] | Oh, you mean like finding your father here, | 你是说像是让你爸留在 |
[16:47] | when the apartment should be empty? | 原本应该没人的屋子里 |
[16:48] | Well, you can blame that on the nog! | 你要怪就怪蛋酒 |
[16:53] | Frasier Frasier, | |
[16:54] | I don’t think I’m going to sleep tonight, | 我觉得我今晚是睡不着了 |
[16:57] | I feel like I’m ten years old. | 我像十岁那时候一样激动 |
[16:58] | Yes. Only this time we have the merry chance of playing Santa. | 不过这一次我们有机会做圣诞老人 |
[17:09] | Niles, I’m so sorry that we | Niles 我很抱歉 我们 |
[17:10] | – almost ruined Christmas with our arguing. – Stop! | – 因为争吵差点毁了圣诞节 – 停下 |
[17:13] | – I just took that from under the tree. – No, you didn’t. | – 我刚把这个从树下面拿出来 – 不 你没有 |
[17:14] | Yes, I did. I know, ’cause that’s real, | 是的 我清楚 因为这是真的 |
[17:16] | and fake ones are in a pile by the door. | 假的都堆在了门那边 |
[17:19] | – By the elevator door? – No, the apartment door! | – 电梯门边 – 不 公寓门 |
[17:21] | That’s where all the fake ones are! | 假的都放在那边了 |
[17:24] | – Great. Now what do we do? – Well here, | – 棒极了 现在怎么办 – 等着 |
[17:25] | alright, you take these. I take those. | 你拿这个 我拿那个 |
[17:30] | What are we… | 我们在 |
[17:34] | – Where do we go? – How the hell should I know? | – 我们该搬去哪里 – 我怎么知道 |
[17:37] | That’s a flat head and I need a Phillips head. | 这是平头的 而我要十字头的 |
[17:40] | See, I told you, if you | 我说吧 要是你 |
[17:42] | rearrange them they look fuller. – Yes, yes. | 重新排列一下 看上去就更多了 |
[17:44] | I see what you mean, Niles. It’s all a matter of perspective. | 我知道 这就是视觉方向不一样 |
[17:47] | Wow, it looks like twice as many. | 哇 就好像有两倍多 |
[17:50] | Uh, put them back the way they were and show me how you did that. | 放回去 让我看看你们是怎么做到的 |
[17:54] | Got the Philips. Let’s go. | 十字头拿到了 走吧 |
[17:57] | He could be an assassin in those slippers. | 他光这样穿双拖鞋就威胁力十足了 |
[17:58] | Are you going to switch the presents? | 你们是要换礼物 |
[18:00] | Or are you going to argue | 还是要在这继续吵 |
[18:01] | about whose Christmas village is bigger? | 谁的圣诞村庄更加大 |
[18:06] | I knew it! You didn’t compliment mine, because you have one too. | 我就知道 你没赞赏我的 因为你也有 |
[18:09] | I didn’t compliment yours, because yours is so poorly laid out!! | 我没有赞赏是因为你的摆放得太烂 |
[18:14] | Alright, alright. We don’t have time for this, | 好吧好吧 没时间了 |
[18:15] | – now which ones are which? – Oh, oh! I have them all organized. | – 现在哪个是哪个 – 我已经理好了 |
[18:17] | – Here, take those out. – Are you sure? | – 把这些拿出去 – 你确定 |
[18:18] | Yes, absolutely. These are the real ones. | 没错 这些都是真礼物 |
[18:20] | These go to dad, out in the hall | 这些都是爸的 带到走廊里 |
[18:21] | – and we’ll take them together. – Fine, alright, alright. | – 我们一起拿出去 – 好吧 |
[18:24] | Fine, then here. Now we’re all set. | 好的 我们现在就好了 |
[18:26] | All the fake ones are under the tree. | 假的都放在树下面了 |
[18:28] | Yes, now you put those in the elevator. | 现在你把那些放到电梯里 |
[18:29] | I’ll tell Daphne the coast is clear. | 我告诉Daphne我们完工了 |
[18:31] | Do you have any idea how much I paid for that? | 你知道我为了这个花了多少钱吗 |
[18:34] | Well, it’s not my fault. | 不是我的错 |
[18:36] | Those little plastic hinges snap off if you look at them. | 那些塑料链子就像看一眼就要断了 |
[18:39] | Now what am I supposed to give as a gift, now? | 现在这礼物怎么给得出手 |
[18:41] | Oh, stop cryin’. | 别叫了 |
[18:42] | Just put a little duct tape | 贴上块胶带 |
[18:43] | on it and it’ll be good as new. – It was new! | – 就和新的一样了 – 本来就是新的 |
[18:46] | Here Daphne, I’ll help you find the tape. | Daphne 我帮你找胶带 |
[18:52] | What’s the matter, boy? Too much eggnog, huh? | 怎么啦 蛋酒喝多了 |
[18:56] | Okay. Hey, Daph. Be sure | 嘿 Daph 你得用 |
[18:58] | to use the silver duct tape, not the brown. | 透明胶带 别用棕色的 |
[19:01] | The silver will match the camera… oops… | 透明的才和摄像机匹配 哦 |
[19:04] | …the present. I’m takin’ Eddie for a walk. | 我是说礼物 我要带Eddie出去走走 |
[19:08] | Wait, dad! I’ll do that. You should just relax. | 等一下 爸 我来做好了 你休息吧 |
[19:11] | No, that’s alright. I need the fresh air. | 不 没关系 我想呼吸新鲜空气 |
[19:15] | Uh-oh. What’s this, more presents? | 这是什么 更多礼物吗 |
[19:19] | – Is this why you were trying to keep me busy back there? – Yes. | – 你为了这个让我在后面忙 – 是的 |
[19:23] | Oh, ohh, why, you didn’t need to do that. | 你不用这么做的 |
[19:24] | Bring ’em on in. Frasier, give your brother a hand. | 拿进来吧 Frasier 给你弟弟搭把手 |
[19:33] | Mix them all up, so they’ll look fuller. | 混在一起 看上去就更多了 |
[19:44] | – Merry Christmas! – Merry Christmas! | – 圣诞快乐 – 圣诞快乐 |
[19:47] | Niles. So… how are you? | Niles 你好吗 |
[19:50] | Well, uh, tired and a little poorer. | 很累 相比也穷了一点 |
[19:51] | Had to bribe the maintenance man at dad’s building… | 因为要贿赂爸爸那幢楼的修理工 |
[19:54] | to get him to stay late. Which reminds me, | 让他晚点走 我想起来了 |
[19:56] | on your next show you have to give | 你下期节目得 |
[19:57] | something called a “Shout-out” To a Steve Gomez. | 向Steve Gomez做什么公开感谢 |
[20:01] | – Right. – This is so exciting. | – 好吧 – 这真令人激动 |
[20:03] | I can’t wait to see the look on your | 我迫不及待想看 |
[20:04] | father’s face when we go over there and surprise him. | 你爸爸看到惊喜的表情了 |
[20:07] | Merry Christmas! | 圣诞快乐 |
[20:11] | Dad, uh, what are you doing here? | 爸 你在这干什么 |
[20:14] | Yes, shouldn’t you be at work? | 没错 你不是该去上班的吗 |
[20:16] | The boss called, I don’t have to go in. | 老板打电话来说不用去了 |
[20:17] | Seems he was feeling guilty | 他似乎蛮愧疚 |
[20:18] | about me missing Christmas with my family. | 我不能和家人一起过圣诞节 |
[20:22] | Ooh, heavy. | 好重 |
[20:25] | This must be a good one, unless it’s a book. | 这肯定不错 除非是本书 |
[20:29] | But, who’s covering the desk? | 那么谁在看门 |
[20:31] | Nobody, she’s shut down tight ’til tomorrow. | 没人 那里要一直关到明天 |
[20:34] | Now, I have just enough patience to wait for the coco | 现在在我拆礼物之前 |
[20:37] | before I start tearing into these. | 我只有耐心等一杯可可 |
[20:43] | Um… dad? | 爸 |
[20:47] | Don’t tell me there’s no coco. | 别说我们没可可了 |
[20:55] | Hello?? Hello? | 有人吗 有人吗 |
[21:00] | You’d think there’d be a custodian or someone in there. | 我还想里面至少该有个看门的吧 |
[21:03] | Nah, I knew it’d be a long shot. | 不 我本来也不抱什么期望 |
[21:05] | There won’t be anyone in ’til tomorrow morning. | 明早之前里面不会有人的 |
[21:09] | – Sorry, dad. – Oh, forget it. | – 对不起爸 – 没关系 |
[21:13] | It was a really sweet gesture. Would have been terrific, but… | 想法挺好的 一切都很好 但 |
[21:19] | I’ve already recevied my gift. | 我的礼物已经收到了 |
[21:24] | You know, | 你知道 |
[21:26] | we could throw a brick through the glass, | 我们本可以往玻璃门丢块砖 |
[21:30] | but they’re all wrapped up under our tree. | 但砖都包得好好的 放在我们的树下 |