时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[00:09] | St. Osric’s Pre-Kindergartener Academy and Day Care Center? | 圣奥斯里克学前班和托管中心吗 |
[00:14] | Do I hear the pitter-patter of petite elite feet? | 我听到小脚丫啪啪响了吗 |
[00:18] | No, no, no. It’s just that the wait list for St. Osric’s | 不是 只是圣奥斯里克的入学等候名单 |
[00:21] | is up to four years. | 都排到四年后了 |
[00:22] | So I thought we should get our application in now to be safe. | 所以现在申请会比较保险 |
[00:25] | Very wise, Niles. | 明智啊 Niles |
[00:26] | You know, Lilith and I waited until Frederick was conceived | Lilith和我等到怀上Frederick后 |
[00:28] | before we enrolled him in private school. | 才着手给他申请私立学校 |
[00:31] | – Mr. Procrastinator. – Yes. – It’s pre-kindergarten. | – 拖延症 – 是啊 – 只是学前班啊 |
[00:34] | They run around, they sing, they nap. | 他们到处跑 唱歌 小睡 |
[00:35] | How special can St. Osric’s really be? | 圣奥斯里克能有多大作用 |
[00:37] | Well, I hear the top 2% in coloring and putting away | 听说填色课和收拾课前2%的学生 |
[00:41] | can pretty much write their own ticket. | 将来想干什么都行 |
[00:44] | Oh, Niles, guess who’s coming to visit? | Niles 你猜谁要来了 |
[00:48] | – Leland Barton. – Really? | – Leland Barton – 真的吗 |
[00:51] | – From the Empire Club? – No, that’s Barton Leland. | – 帝国俱乐部的那个 – 不 那是Barton Leland |
[00:54] | Leland Barton was Mom’s research assistant. | Leland Barton是妈妈以前的研究助手 |
[00:56] | They worked together closely for years. | 他们一起亲密工作了很多年 |
[00:58] | – I don’t remember him. – Oh, that’s right. | – 我不记得了啊 – 对了 |
[00:59] | We were just boys when he moved to France. | 我们非常小的时候他就搬去法国了 |
[01:01] | Apparently he gave up psychiatry | 显然他放弃了心理学 |
[01:03] | and immersed himself in the Paris art world. | 沉浸在巴黎的艺术世界中 |
[01:06] | Today he sits on the board | 如今 他是巴黎现代艺术博物馆的 |
[01:08] | – of the Paris Museum of Modern Art. – Wow! | – 董事会成员 – 哇 |
[01:12] | It takes a brave man to just chuck it all. Cross the ocean… | 一个有勇气的男人才能放弃一切重头来 跨洋越海 |
[01:15] | – in pursuit of a new life in a new country. – Or a brave woman. | – 在异国他乡求生 – 一个有勇气的女人也能 |
[01:19] | Oh, yes, that’s absolutely right. That’s exactly what you did. | 是 那是当然 你正是这样 |
[01:22] | Just like Dr. Barton you bade farewell | 就像Barton一样 你告别了 |
[01:24] | to the comforts of hearth and home, | 温柔家乡 |
[01:25] | and filled your sails with the winds of change and adventure. | 航向了变数与奇遇 |
[01:28] | I never looked at it that way. | 我还没这么想过呢 |
[01:30] | Now I’ll have something to think about this afternoon | 今天下午给你爸揉屁股的时候 |
[01:32] | when I’m rubbin’ your dad’s bum. | 我就有东西思考了 |
[01:43] | – Hello, Roz. – Hi. – Hey, Roz, how was the dog park? | – Roz 好啊 – 嗨 – 遛狗咋样啊 |
[01:46] | – Well, I got a phone number. – Oh, nice. | – 我拿到了个电话号码 – 不错啊 |
[01:49] | Is that why you people have pets? To get dates? | 这就是为什么你们要养宠物么 为了约会 |
[01:52] | No, but it’s a plus. | 不 但这是福利 |
[01:54] | I’ve never met one person who didn’t get at least | 我从没见过谁不会因为养宠物 |
[01:57] | – one date through their pet. – Well, meet me! | – 得到至少一次约会的 – 这呢 |
[02:01] | Four years of high school and not a single encounter generated! | 高中四年 一次邂逅都没有 |
[02:05] | Stupid fish. | 那条蠢鱼 |
[02:09] | – Oh, that’ll be Leland. – Who’s Leland? | – Leland来了 – 谁是Leland |
[02:12] | He was Hester’s research assistant. | Hester以前的研究助手 |
[02:14] | Used to follow her around like a puppy. | 像小狗一样跟着她 |
[02:16] | I think he was always a little bit jealous of me, to be honest. | 老实说 总感觉他有点嫉妒我 |
[02:20] | Not that he was alone. | 嫉妒的也不止他一个 |
[02:24] | – Dr. Barton! – Hello, Frasier. | – Barton医生 – Frasier 你好 |
[02:26] | – Good to see you. Let me take that for you. – Thank you very much. | – 很高兴见到你 我来拿吧 – 多谢 |
[02:29] | Thank you. Thank you. Hello. My God, look at you. | 谢谢 天啊 看看你 |
[02:34] | I haven’t seen you since you were about, what, seven years old. | 我上次见你时你还只有七岁吧 |
[02:37] | And you still look good in a suit. | 你穿西装还是这么好看 |
[02:41] | Martin, you have not changed a bit. | Martin 你一点都没变 |
[02:44] | Oh, my hair’s gray and I’ve got a bullet in my hip. | 我头发都白了 屁股还中了一枪 |
[02:46] | Well, I’m bigger and balder, | 我更胖了 也更秃了 |
[02:48] | but I don’t want to hear about it. | 但并不想听别人这么说 |
[02:50] | – Well, you look exactly the same, too. – Thank you. | – 那你也和以前一模一样 – 多谢 |
[02:53] | And you must be… | 那么你就是 |
[02:56] | …I’m assuming you don’t go by “Niles” anymore. | 我猜你不再叫Niles这名了 |
[03:01] | No, this is my producer Roz Doyle. | 不 这是我的制作人Roz Doyle |
[03:04] | – My brother’s not here. – Ah. | – 我弟弟不在这 – 啊 |
[03:08] | My sincerest apologies. You are a handsome woman. | 十分抱歉 你非常俊俏 |
[03:12] | And it’s nice to meet you, too. | 很高兴见到你 |
[03:14] | – I guess I should be going. – Oh, not on my account, I hope. | – 我得走了 – 希望不是因为我 |
[03:17] | Please, Roz, stay if you like. Can I get anybody a drink? | Roz你再待一会儿吧 谁要喝点什么 |
[03:19] | Well, not unless you happen to have any sherry. | 你有雪利酒吧 |
[03:22] | Oh, I think I can scare up a glass. | 我应该能凑一杯 |
[03:25] | – Roz? – Oh, I’ll have a beer, please. | – Roz你呢 – 啤酒就好 谢谢 |
[03:27] | Well, I can handle that. | 这个我来搞定 |
[03:30] | – Come, sit down. – Thank you. | – 来 请坐 – 谢谢 |
[03:33] | So, I hear you worked with Frasier’s mom. | 我听说你以前跟Frasier妈妈一起工作 |
[03:36] | Yes, I did. Did you know her? | 是的 你认识她么 |
[03:37] | – No. – Pity. She was a remarkable woman. | – 不认识 – 真可惜 她很了不起 |
[03:41] | Brilliant, playful, passionate. I adored her. | 聪明 有趣 富有激情 我很爱慕她 |
[03:47] | Here we are… Welcome back to Seattle. | 来了 欢迎重返西雅图 |
[03:50] | – Thank you. – There we are. | – 谢谢 – 干杯 |
[03:58] | This sherry is exquisite. | 这雪利酒很细腻啊 |
[04:00] | Oh, thank you. It’s an Andalusian Amontillado I’m rather fond of. | 谢谢 这是一款我很喜欢的安达卢西亚淡雪利酒 |
[04:03] | A connoisseur. I’m very surprised. | 内行啊 真让人惊喜 |
[04:04] | Most Americans think that sherry is just for cooking. | 大多数美国人认为雪利酒只能做菜 |
[04:06] | Oh, my brother and I have always had a taste for it. | 我们兄弟俩一直很喜欢雪利酒 |
[04:09] | Well, you didn’t get any of that from me. I always hated the stuff. | 你们这点不像我 我一直讨厌那玩意儿 |
[04:12] | You know, come to think of it, so did your mom. | 现在想来 你妈妈也是 |
[04:27] | Can I help you? | 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[04:30] | – I’m sorry about that. – Eddie, down. | – 抱歉 – Eddie 下来 |
[04:37] | Why is he doing that? | 它这是什么意思 |
[04:40] | I don’t really know. He used to do that to me. But… | 不知道 他以前只对我这样 |
[04:44] | I’ll tell you what, just don’t get in a staring contest with him, | 千万别和他进行瞪眼比赛 |
[04:46] | that’s what he wants. | 他就喜欢那个 |
[04:48] | Come on, Eddie, get down. | 来 Eddie 下来 |
[04:49] | I’m sorry, I don’t know what got into him. I’ll get him a treat. | 抱歉 不知道他抽什么风 我给他拿点吃的 |
[04:52] | Frasier, this is remarkable. | Frasier 这太神奇了 |
[04:54] | You and I seem to have the same taste in art. | 你和我的艺术品味这么相似 |
[04:56] | Rauschenberg, Otterson, African statuary and sculpture. | 劳申伯格 奥特森 非洲雕像 |
[05:01] | Although, I must confess, I’m not familiar with that one. | 不过 老实说 我不太熟悉这个 |
[05:05] | Oh, that’s because | 那是因为 |
[05:06] | while most Ashanti statues are intended to ward off evil spirits, | 大多数阿散蒂雕塑都是为了避邪 |
[05:09] | this one was designed to distract me | 这个却是为了分散我的注意力 |
[05:11] | while my pockets were picked at the Kinshasa Airport. | 因为当时在金夏沙机场有人偷我钱包 |
[05:20] | You two have a lot in common. Psychiatry, and sherry and art… | 你们俩有太多共同点了 心理学 雪利酒 还有艺术 |
[05:25] | And furniture. That is a Coco Chanel sofa unless I’m mistaken. | 以及家具 没认错的话 这是可可香奈儿的沙发啊 |
[05:30] | It is an exact replica of the one in her Paris atelier. | 这就是她巴黎工作室原物的复制品 |
[05:33] | You know, not many people even notice it. | 大多数人都没注意到这个 |
[05:35] | Well, not many people have passed out drunk on the original. | 那是因为没多少人在真品上喝醉过啊 |
[05:38] | Oh, I would love to hear that story. | 噢 我很想听这个故事 |
[05:42] | Well you are in luck, because I love to tell it. | 那你走运了 因为我喜欢讲这个故事 |
[05:45] | But first, let me thank you | 但是首先 允许我谢谢你 |
[05:47] | for making me feel so welcome. I must confess, | 这么热情好客 坦白说 |
[05:49] | I had some reservations about returning to Seattle. | 我之前对回西雅图还有一丝迟疑 |
[05:52] | But you’ve dispelled them all. To you. | 但是你把它们全驱散了 敬你 |
[05:58] | Please. | 请坐 |
[06:22] | – What’s the matter? – Nothing. | – 怎么了 – 没什么 |
[06:32] | Okay, we just need to fill in a name | 好了 只要再填个名字 |
[06:35] | and I can get the application over to St. Osric’s. | 就能向圣奥斯里克提交申请了 |
[06:37] | How can we have a name? I’m not even pregnant yet. | 哪里来的名字 我都还没怀孕呢 |
[06:41] | Well, it’s not THE name, | 这名字不重要 |
[06:42] | it’s just a place holder. Anything will do. | 只是个临时的 什么名字都行 |
[06:44] | All right, how about, uh… Simon? | 好吧 Simon怎么样 |
[06:48] | As in your brother with the substance abuse problem, Simon? | 就是你那个瘾君子兄弟Simon吗 |
[06:52] | There are other Simons, you know. | 还有其他的Simon啊 |
[06:54] | Simon Templar, | 比如Simon Templar |
[06:55] | Simon Legree… | 还有Simon Legree |
[06:57] | Simon Chipmunk. | 花栗鼠Simon |
[06:59] | Not exactly building a case for “Simon”. Um… | 好像不是很有说服力 |
[07:02] | – How about Jill? – No, don’t like it. | – Jill怎么样 – 不喜欢 |
[07:04] | That’s the name of that weather tart on Channel Eight. | 这是8频道做天气预报的那个小娘儿们 |
[07:08] | All right, let’s just pick a name at random. | 那就随机取一个吧 |
[07:10] | Like out of the phone book. | 我去拿黄页 |
[07:11] | That’s a good idea. Leave it to fate. | 不错 让命运决定 |
[07:14] | Okay. When I stop, you point. | 好 我停下来的时候 你指一个 |
[07:22] | – “Bob”. – Great. | – Bob – 棒 |
[07:27] | Bob “Bob… | |
[07:29] | Crane …Crane”. Okay… | |
[07:33] | We’re going to need some Wite-Out. | 我们需要一些改正液 |
[07:38] | Oh, listen to me. I’ve been talking your ears off | 天哪 这一小时我一直在谈精神病学 |
[07:40] | for the last hour about psychiatry. | 你们耳朵都听出茧了吧 |
[07:42] | – Yeah, really. – Oh, Roz, do you mind if we join you? | – 是啊 – Roz 我们跟你坐一起好吗 |
[07:45] | – Oh, yeah, not at all. – Hello, Roz. – Hi. | – 可以 没问题 – 你好 Roz – 嗨 |
[07:48] | Leland, it is such a pleasure | Leland 能跟”疯子终结者”同行 |
[07:50] | to talk shop with a fellow “Nutcracker”. | 讲些行内话真是太荣幸了 |
[07:54] | And talking to you Jung people makes me feel like an “Id” again. | 跟你们荣格学派的人谈话 感觉又回到本我了 |
[07:59] | – Do you have a pun, Frasier? – No, let’s just sit down. | – Frasier 你还有双关么 – 没了 直接坐吧 |
[08:10] | – What’s wrong? – Nothing. | – 怎么了 – 没事 |
[08:13] | Oh, you know, there is a wonderful Brassai exhibit in town. | 城里有一个布拉赛的作品展 |
[08:13] | 布拉赛Brassai 法国著名摄影师 因摄影集<巴黎之夜>和拍摄毕加索等著名艺术家的工作室而闻名 | |
[08:16] | What do you say we stop over there after lunch? | 我们午餐过后过去看看怎么样 |
[08:18] | I would love that. I’m a big fan. | 非常愿意 我很喜欢他 |
[08:20] | Oh, I wish I could join you, I have patients all afternoon. | 我也想去 可我一下午都有病人 |
[08:23] | I don’t suppose you’d be willing to go now, would you? | 我猜你们不会现在就想去吧 |
[08:25] | – Oh, fine by me. – Oh, certainly. | – 我可以的 – 当然 |
[08:26] | Let’s go get our coffee at the museum. | 那去博物馆喝咖啡吧 |
[08:28] | Dad, Roz, any chance you’d like to take in | 老爸 Roz 你们想一起来么 |
[08:31] | some Parisian photos taken by an old Romanian master? | 看看老罗马尼亚大师怎么拍法国人的 |
[08:34] | Hmm… no. | 嗯 不 |
[08:37] | – Thanks, anyway. – Oh, excuse me,.. | – 多谢邀请 – 请稍等 |
[08:40] | – your father forgot his umbrella. – Oh, thank you very much. | – 你爸忘拿伞了 – 多谢提醒 |
[08:44] | Here you go, “Dad”. | 给你 “老爸” |
[08:50] | Well, I don’t blame her for that. Leland’s more like ’em than I am. | 这我不怪她 Leland确实跟他们更像 |
[08:53] | Really? You really think so? | 真的吗 你真的这么想 |
[08:55] | Oh, come on. How can you not see it? | 拜托 你看不出么 |
[08:57] | They’re like three fancy peas in a pod. | 他们像一个模子里刻出来的 |
[09:00] | Well, I did notice that they have the same taste in art and music, | 我只观察到他们有一样的艺术和音乐品味 |
[09:04] | and they even have some of the same mannerisms. | 甚至还有一些相同的怪癖 |
[09:06] | Yeah. And Leland and Niles | 是啊 Leland和Niles |
[09:08] | are both allergic to rose hips and Jerusalem artichokes. | 都对玫瑰果和耶路撒冷洋蓟过敏 |
[09:12] | Weird, huh? | 巧吧 |
[09:14] | When Leland was talking to me last night | 昨晚当Leland跟我说 |
[09:15] | about how close he and Hester were, | 他与Hester多亲近的时候 |
[09:18] | I started thinkin’ what you’re thinkin’. | 我跟你想的一样 |
[09:23] | And what am I thinking? | 我想什么了 |
[09:26] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[09:28] | What are you saying? You think he’s their father? | 你想说什么 你认为他才是他们父亲 |
[09:30] | No, I wasn’t saying that! | 不 我没这么说 |
[09:31] | Lots of people like art and sherry | 很多人喜欢艺术品 雪利酒 |
[09:34] | …and, and French stuff. | 还有法国货 |
[09:36] | It doesn’t mean they’re related. By your logic, | 这又不能说明他们有血缘关系 按你的逻辑 |
[09:38] | everyone on The Cooking Channel is their father. | 所有美食频道的人都是他们父亲 |
[09:42] | – Okay. – Okay! | – 好吧 – 好吧 |
[09:46] | – Ugh. What the hell is this? – I don’t know, | – 恶 这是什么鬼 – 我不知道 |
[09:49] | – it was there when I sat down. – Ugh! | – 我一来它就在桌上了 – 恶 |
[09:57] | – Leland, your autobiography is wonderful. – Thank you. | – Leland 你的自传非常出色 – 谢谢 |
[10:00] | Let us hope that the publishing houses feel similarly. | 希望出版社也这么认为 |
[10:03] | Ah. Have you shown it to Frasier? | 你给Frasier看了吗 |
[10:05] | – No, I haven’t. How’s he feeling by the way? – Let’s go see. | – 还没有 他现在感觉如何 – 我们去看看 |
[10:08] | Bring the manuscript, he’d love to see it. …Hello? | 带上手稿 他会想看的 你好 |
[10:12] | Oh, hello, Darling. Go ahead, I’ll be right there. | 亲爱的 你先去 我等会就来 |
[10:16] | Okay, so “Delilah” is out? | 好吧 所以Delilah不行 |
[10:19] | No, that’s fine, that’s fine. What are your ideas?.. | 没关系 没关系 你有什么想法 |
[10:22] | Taylor. Fletcher. | Taylor(裁缝) Fletcher(弓箭匠) |
[10:26] | Cooper. | Cooper(桶匠) |
[10:28] | Tanner? | Tanner(皮革匠) |
[10:30] | Where are you getting these, | 你哪里看到的 |
[10:31] | the Big Book of Medieval Professions? | 中世纪职业大全么 |
[10:36] | Frasier, how are you doing? | Frasier 怎么样了 |
[10:38] | Oh, I’m afraid my stomach is still churning. | 感觉胃里还在翻腾 |
[10:41] | I’m not going to be able to make dinner. | 恐怕不能去吃晚餐了 |
[10:42] | Oh, I understand. Well, I’ll leave you to rest. | 没关系 你好好休息吧 |
[10:45] | Perhaps, though, later if you’re feeling better | 或许 等会儿你感觉好些后 |
[10:46] | I can get your opinion on a short section of my autobiography. | 你能给我的自传提点建议 |
[10:50] | Well, when I can’t give an opinion | 什么时候我不能提建议了 |
[10:52] | you may as well call the coroner, tag my toe, | 你就可以打电话给验尸官 给我脚趾挂个标签了 |
[10:54] | I’m dead. | 我已死 |
[10:58] | No. That’s a kind of car. | 不 那是款车的名字 |
[11:03] | – Hey, Niles. – Hi. – What’s going on? | – 嗨 Niles – 嗨 – 怎么了 |
[11:05] | Oh, we were going to go out to dinner with Leland, | 我们等会要和Leland出去吃饭 |
[11:07] | but Frasier’s not feeling well. | 但Frasier不太舒服 |
[11:09] | Oh. Well, maybe I’ll go check on him. | 哦 好吧 我去看看他 |
[11:12] | Now it just sounds like you’re reading from the spice rack. | 现在感觉你在读香料名称 |
[11:17] | “I realized the sherpa had become my guide | 我意识到雪巴人成了我的导师 |
[11:17] | 雪巴人是尼泊尔和锡金境内的西藏人后裔的民族的成员 居住在喜马拉雅山脉南侧 以登山能力而闻名 | |
[11:20] | …in more ways than one.” | 让我获益良多 |
[11:22] | Oh, that was wonderful. Read me another. | 太棒了 再读一个 |
[11:25] | No, no, go to sleep now. | 行了行了 快睡吧 |
[11:28] | – Oh, Dad. – Hey, Fraizh. I just… | – 老爸 – Fraizh 你现在 |
[11:32] | – I was just wonderin’ how you were doin’. – Oh, well,.. | – 感觉怎么样了 – 呃 |
[11:35] | not so good, actually. I’m afraid I’m going to have to skip dinner. | 还是不太好 恐怕我不能去吃晚餐了 |
[11:39] | Why don’t you go in my place? | 你替我去吧 |
[11:41] | – Sure, if you want me to. – All right. | – 可以 你愿意的话 – 好 |
[11:43] | You know, the two of you should get going, really. | 你们现在真的得走了 |
[11:44] | You’ll miss the reservation. | 不然预约时间就过了 |
[11:45] | Right. Get well, son. | 好的 快好起来 儿子 |
[11:47] | – We’ll be wishing you a speedy recovery. – Oh, thank you. | – 希望你赶快恢复 – 谢谢 |
[11:52] | Oh, Fraizh, you want me | Fraizh 你要我 |
[11:54] | to bring you back something from the restaurant? | 给你从餐厅打包回来么 |
[11:55] | Maybe some Jell-o to sooth your tummy? | 带些果冻来抚慰你的肚子 |
[11:59] | Thanks, Dad, it’s all taken care of. | 多谢 爸爸 不过有人会带的 |
[12:00] | Leland’s going to bring me some consomme and sorbet. | Leland会给我带清炖肉汤和雪葩 |
[12:03] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[12:08] | Well, Niles, it looks like your dad | Niles 看来你爸要 |
[12:10] | is going to take Frasier’s place at dinner. | 代替Frasier去吃晚餐 |
[12:12] | Oh, excellent. | 太棒了 |
[12:16] | – What’s the matter? – My leg’s asleep. | – 怎么了 – 我腿麻了 |
[12:18] | Oh, move your foot around. | 动动你的腿 |
[12:19] | No, it’s the whole leg. I’ll just wait it out. | 整条都麻了 我缓一下 |
[12:21] | But the movement will get the blood flowing. | 动一下有助于血液循环 |
[12:23] | – Go ahead, give it a try. – No, I can’t put weight on it. | – 来吧 试试 – 不 腿没力气 |
[12:24] | Sure you can. Give it a try. Come on. One step at a time. | 可以的 试试 来 一步一步走 |
[12:27] | Come on. There you go. That a boy. | 来 很好 乖孩子 |
[12:33] | Keep going, there we are. Good! | 继续 好嘞 |
[12:42] | – Hi, Roz. – Hey, Martin! | – 嗨 Roz – 嘿 Martin |
[12:44] | If you’re looking for Frasier, he just left. | 你找Frasier的话 他刚走 |
[12:46] | Well, thanks. But actually, I was looking for you. | 我是来找你的 |
[12:48] | I could use your advice. | 需要点建议 |
[12:50] | – From me, really? – Well, if it stinks I can not always ignore it. | – 我的建议 真的吗 – 有些事不能视而不见了 |
[12:55] | Come on. I’m just finishing up. | 来吧 我马上就好 |
[12:59] | What do you mean? | 你指什么 |
[13:02] | It’s the Leland thing. I mean, even though I know | Leland那事儿呗 即使我知道 |
[13:06] | it’s not possible that he’s Frasier and Niles’ father… | 他不可能是Frasier和Niles的父亲 |
[13:09] | I… I guess it’s bugging me, ‘coz, technically, it is possible. | 但我还是很心烦 因为理论上这是可能的 |
[13:13] | Oh sure, it’s possible technically. | 当然 理论上来说是可能的 |
[13:17] | Martin, you really think your wife would have ever cheated on you? | Martin 你真的觉得你老婆会偷情吗 |
[13:23] | She did. She said it happened once. | 发生过 她说发生过一次 |
[13:27] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[13:30] | – With Leland? – No, someone else. | – 跟Leland吗 – 其他人 |
[13:34] | You know, I think that you’re driving yourself crazy for nothing here. | 我觉得你是在无故钻牛角尖 |
[13:37] | Of course Frasier and Niles are your sons. | Frasier和Niles当然是你儿子 |
[13:40] | You’re exactly like them. | 和你多像啊 |
[13:41] | Like? How? | 怎么像法 |
[13:44] | Your strong sense of ethics. | 你们的道德观念很强 |
[13:47] | Yeah, we are ethical. | 是 我们道德感强 |
[13:50] | – What else? – The way they spin out of control. | – 还有呢 – 他们失控的样子 |
[13:54] | That’s true. They get that from me. | 是啊 这点他们继承了我 |
[13:58] | – Their stubbornness. – I’m not stubborn. – Their defensiveness. | – 他们固执 – 我不固执啊 – 他们防御性强 |
[14:01] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这是啥意思 |
[14:02] | The way they dismiss anyone who doesn’t share their opinion. | 他们拒绝任何不接受他们观点的人 |
[14:04] | Oh, now you’re just being dumb. | 现在你就在犯傻了 |
[14:06] | Hey, what is the worst case scenario? | 最坏的情况是什么 |
[14:10] | If you found out you weren’t their father, | 如果你发现你不是他们父亲 |
[14:12] | – would you love them any less? – No, no. | – 你对他们的爱会减少吗 – 不会 |
[14:17] | Well, yeah, a little maybe, at first. But no, I’d… | 呃 刚开始会有点吧 但肯定不会 |
[14:21] | feel the same about them as I hope they would about me. | 我对他们还会是一样 希望他们也是 |
[14:24] | Which they would. And you know that. | 他们会的 你知道的 |
[14:29] | Yeah. | 是 |
[14:31] | I mean, you’d still love Alice if you found out | 你看 你也还是会爱Alice的吧 |
[14:34] | – you’d gotten the wrong baby at the hospital. – Sure. | – 假如你发现医院弄错了小孩 – 当然 |
[14:37] | And as a cop, I’ve seen that happen more often than you’d think. | 作为警察 我可看过不少这种事故 |
[14:41] | Especially at Seattle General. | 尤其是西雅图总医院 |
[14:44] | I had Alice at Seattle General. | Alice就是在那儿出生的 |
[14:46] | Oh, sorry. But the point was, that you’d love her just the same, | 抱歉 关键是 你还是会一样爱她 |
[14:50] | so who cares who her real mother is. | 谁管她生母是谁 |
[14:52] | – I’m her real mother! – Okay, geez. | – 我是她生母 – 好吧 天哪 |
[14:57] | – How about “Desmond”? – Desmond Crane. | – Desmond怎么样 – Desmond Crane |
[15:00] | “Desmond Crane you are hereby sentenced to…” | “Desmond Crane 因此判你” |
[15:02] | No, I don’t like it. | 不 我不喜欢 |
[15:05] | What about “Jack”? | Jack呢 |
[15:07] | ‘Fraid not. | 恐怕不行 |
[15:08] | The first name ends with the same sound that begins the last name. | 名的尾音和姓的首音一样 |
[15:12] | So you either run them together “JacKrane”, or… | 所以读起来要么是”JacKrane” |
[15:15] | you face the dreaded glottal stop “JacK Crane”, “JacK Crane”. | 要么是恐怖的停顿”JacK Crane” “JacK Crane” |
[15:21] | It’s unpleasant for the throat. | 嗓子不舒服 |
[15:24] | This conversation’s unpleasant for the throat. | 这次谈话就让嗓子不舒服 |
[15:26] | Well, I know, I know. Okay… OH! | 好吧 我知道 对了 |
[15:30] | Why don’t we use the name of that nice nurse | 要不就用我在医院的时候 |
[15:32] | from when I was in the hospital? | 那个好心护士的名字吧 |
[15:34] | “Fong” or “DeShandra”? | Fong还是DeShandra |
[15:39] | Fong Fong. | |
[15:41] | Well, wait. Let’s not drive ourselves crazy about this. | 等等 我们别太较真了 |
[15:43] | It’s a temporary name for a hypothetical child. | 就是给假想的宝宝取个临时名 |
[15:45] | Yes, but once you give something a name, it makes it more real. | 是 但一旦取了名字 就像真的了 |
[15:48] | And then that name will always have a sort of priority. | 这个名字就有种优先级别的感觉 |
[15:51] | I don’t care how often you say | 不管你说了多少次 |
[15:53] | “Elevator” or “Apartment” or “Crossing guard”, | “升降机”还是”公寓”还是”交通协警” |
[15:55] | to me they’ll always be “Lifts” and “Flats” and “Lollipop men”. | 我始终叫他们”电梯”和”单元房”和”棒棒糖男” |
[16:00] | Well then, tell you what. You pick a name | 好吧 这样吧 你挑一个 |
[16:03] | and I’ll accept it unconditionally. | 我无条件接受 |
[16:06] | Milton “Milton”. | |
[16:08] | “Milton”. Great poet and a great name. | Milton 伟大的诗人 极好的名字 |
[16:11] | – Great. Can we go to bed now? – Yes…. | – 好极了 现在能睡觉了嘛 – 走吧 |
[16:19] | Hey, didn’t you have a soccer hooligan boyfriend named Milton? | 你有个踢足球的小流氓前男友叫Milton 对吧 |
[16:22] | Yeah. That’s where I got it. | 对 我就是想到他了 |
[16:32] | *I know the kings of England and I quote the fights historical,* | *我知道英格兰诸王 还能援引历史大战* |
[16:35] | *From Marathon to Waterloo in order categorical.* | *从马拉松到滑铁卢 按类别排序* |
[16:38] | *I’m very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical* | *我也非常熟悉数学的领域* |
[16:41] | *I understand equations both the simple and quadratical.* | *我了解一次和二次方程式* |
[16:43] | *About binomial theorem I’m teeming with a lot of news,* | *关于二项式定理我也紧跟研究步伐* |
[16:46] | *With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.* | *还有很多斜边平方的有趣轶闻* |
[16:57] | *With awful facts about the scary hippopotamus!* | *还有很多关于河马的可怕事实* |
[17:11] | – What a wonderfully musical family you are. – We sure are. | – 真是音乐世家啊 – 当然 |
[17:15] | Me and my boys. My boys and me. Yeah… | 我和我孩子们 孩子们和我 |
[17:19] | We’re wonderful and we’re musical. | 我们超级棒 我们精通音乐 |
[17:23] | Martin, I can’t tell you | Martin 我必须说 |
[17:24] | what a wonderful job you’ve done with them. | 你苦心教育的成果非常好 |
[17:25] | Oh, it wasn’t a job, it was a biological pleasure! | 哪里有苦 完全是发自血缘的荣幸 |
[17:30] | – And don’t forget I had Hester. – Oh, excuse me. | – 别忘了还有Hester – 抱歉 |
[17:33] | Well, you were lucky. | 你真幸运 |
[17:34] | She was a splendid woman and a remarkable research partner. | 她是个出色的女人 杰出的研究搭档 |
[17:37] | And an even better life partner. | 更是个完美的生活伴侣 |
[17:39] | – Well, I wouldn’t know about that. – Damn straight you wouldn’t. | – 这个我倒不清楚 – 废话 你当然不清楚 |
[17:44] | Leland, your cab is waiting. | Leland 你叫的车到了 |
[17:45] | Oh, so soon. | 真快 |
[17:49] | Well, I can’t thank you enough for all your courtesies. | 太感谢你们的热情款待了 |
[17:53] | If you are ever in Paris, | 如果你们来巴黎 |
[17:55] | you must allow me to repay your many kindnesses. | 我一定尽地主之谊 |
[17:57] | Oh, thank you so much. | 谢谢 |
[17:59] | I’m so proud of the way you boys have turned out. | 我太为你们俩感到骄傲了 |
[18:01] | – Leland, let me walk you out. – Thank you. | – Leland 我送你出去吧 – 谢谢 |
[18:04] | Bon voyage. | 一路顺风 |
[18:17] | Leland, there’s a question I need to ask you. | Leland 有个问题我要问你 |
[18:19] | Yes, of course. Anything. | 当然 请讲 |
[18:21] | I’m a little uncomfortable even bringing it up, | 说起来我都有点不舒服 |
[18:25] | but I don’t think I could let you | 但是不知道答案的话 |
[18:27] | leave the country without knowing the answer. | 我是没法让你离开的 |
[18:31] | I know that you… | 我知道 |
[18:33] | and my wife spent a lot of time together. | 你和我妻子花了很多时间在一起 |
[18:37] | – That you were close… – I… | – 你们很亲近 – 我 |
[18:41] | loved her very much. | 很爱她 |
[18:44] | Then I guess my question is: How much? | 我想我的问题就是 有多爱 |
[18:50] | Enough to trust her | 多到信任她 |
[18:53] | with the fact that I’m gay. | 告诉她我是同性恋 |
[18:59] | You know, forty years ago, | 你知道 四十年前 |
[19:01] | people weren’t as accepting as they are nowadays. | 人们不像现在一样接受同性恋的 |
[19:04] | And without someone like her to confide in… | 如果没有像她一样的人可以倾诉的话 |
[19:07] | She quite probably saved my life. | 她几乎拯救了我 |
[19:19] | Leland, she loved you too. | Leland 她也爱你 |
[19:25] | – She really was something, wasn’t she? – She really was. | – 她真了不起 不是吗 – 确实 |
[19:31] | – Bye, Martin. – Take care, Leland. – Thank you. | – 拜 Martin – 保重 Leland – 谢谢 |
[19:42] | – My boys. – *On a tree by a river, a littlie tom-tit…* | – 我的孩子们 – *河边的柳树上 一只小山雀* |
[19:47] | *Sang “Willow, tit-willow, tit-willow”.* | *唱着”柳树枝丫 柳树枝 柳树枝丫 柳树枝”* |
[19:52] | *And I said to him “Dicky-bird, why do you sit?* | *我问他”鸟儿鸟儿 你为什么在这儿* |
[19:55] | *Singing ‘Willow, tit-willow, tit-willow’?”* | *唱着柳树枝丫 柳树枝 柳树枝丫 柳树枝”* |
[20:00] | *”Is it a weakness of intellect, birdie?” I cried* | *”小鸟儿 这不是智商有缺陷么” 我喊道* |
[20:04] | *”Or a rather tough worm on your little inside?”* | *”还是你小肚子里有个顽强的虫子”* |
[20:10] | Oh, my God, are you still stuck picking a name for that application? | 天哪 你还在为那个申请挑名字吗 |
[20:13] | – Yeah, we can’t come up with one. – Oh God, give it to me. | – 是啊 我们想不出好的 – 天 我来挑 |
[20:17] | And then I’ll fill it in, and you’ll never have to see it, | 我来写 你永远都不必看 |
[20:20] | – you won’t feel stuck with it. – That’s a great idea. | – 你就不会再纠结了 – 太棒了 |
[20:35] | Howard Clifton is officially accepted. | Howard Clifton正式被录取了 |
[20:39] | Who do we have next? | 下一位呢 |
[20:43] | Last name “Crane”, first name… | 姓Crane 名 |
[20:47] | Ichabod Crane是华盛顿欧文悬疑恐怖小说<沉睡谷传奇>中的角色 电影<断头谷>由此改编 | |
[20:47] | Ichabod …”Ichabod”. | |
[20:55] | Well, if they’re not going to take the application seriously, | 如果他们申请都不认真的话 |
[20:57] | how can we expect them to take St. Osric’s seriously? | 又怎么会把我们圣奥斯里克放在眼里 |