时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Mm, that Lemon Sunrise smells refreshing. | 嗯 这杯柠檬日出闻着真清新呀 |
[00:11] | Ugh! It tastes like a cup of cold sick. | 呕 喝起来跟感冒一样恶心 |
[00:14] | It’s hell to be pregnant. | 怀孕简直就是下了地狱 |
[00:15] | I know. | 我懂 |
[00:16] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不懂 |
[00:16] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不懂 |
[00:18] | And that’s why I got you this present. | 所以我才给你准备了这份礼物 |
[00:24] | “Belle Du Jour Day Spa”? | “白日美人日间水疗美容” |
[00:25] | Yes, it’s for this afternoon. | 是的 就今天下午 |
[00:26] | I think you need a little pampering. | 我觉得你需要一些贴身护理 |
[00:28] | Oh, Niles! | 哦 Niles |
[00:30] | I’m so lucky to have a husband | 我真幸运有你这样的老公 |
[00:32] | who’s so tolerant of my… | 能包容我的 |
[00:34] | Mood swings? | 情绪波动 |
[00:34] | I would have come up with it. | 我能想出的 |
[00:35] | I’m not stupid. | 我又不蠢 |
[00:38] | – Hello, all. – Hello. Hey. | – 你们好啊 – 你好啊 嘿 |
[00:39] | What a glorious morning it is, isn’t it? | 多么美好的清晨啊 是不是 |
[00:41] | May I get my usual, please? | 老样子 谢谢 |
[00:43] | Well, well, nice to see | 哎哟 哎哟 很高兴看到 |
[00:44] | you’re approaching your first day of private practice | 你在私人诊所工作的第一天是以如此 |
[00:46] | with such an upbeat attitude. | 乐观积极的态度开始的 |
[00:47] | Yes, I’m like an eager schoolboy | 是啊 我就像一个求知若渴的学生 |
[00:49] | on his first day of fractions. | 第一天学习分数一样激动 |
[00:52] | So, how was the Vanlandingham’s party last night? | 话说昨晚的Vanlandingham聚会怎么样啊 |
[00:54] | Weren’t you lucky to snare an invitation? | 你们钻破了脑袋终于搞到了邀请函多幸运啊 |
[00:56] | – Yes. – No. | – 是啊 – 不是 |
[00:57] | No. | 不是 |
[00:59] | Well, I’d better get over to your father’s. | 我最好到你老爸那儿去一趟 |
[01:01] | Call me later. | 晚点给我电话 |
[01:02] | I will. | 我会的 |
[01:03] | Thanks again for my day of beauty. | 再次谢谢给我安排的美容之旅 |
[01:07] | I’m sorry I snapped at you. | 好抱歉刚才凶你了 |
[01:09] | Did you snap at me? I didn’t even notice. | 你凶我了吗 我都没发现 |
[01:11] | That’s because you don’t listen. | 那是因为你从来都不听 |
[01:18] | Ah… | 阿 |
[01:19] | the mood swings. | 情绪波动 |
[01:21] | Takes me back. | 旧日重现了 |
[01:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:22] | Well, anyway, in honor of your first day, | 话说回来 为了庆祝你的上岗第一天 |
[01:25] | I want to take you out to lunch. | 我要请你出去吃午餐 |
[01:26] | There’s a wonderful Indian restaurant | 那边有个很不错的印度馆子 |
[01:27] | right across the street from our building. | 就在我们大楼的街对面 |
[01:29] | Actually, could we order in from them? | 事实上 我们可以从那里叫外卖吗 |
[01:30] | I’m booked except between the hours of 11:45 and 12:30. | 除了11点45到12点半 我的时间都预约满了 |
[01:33] | All right. | 好吧 |
[01:34] | My, that’s an ambitious first day. | 哎哟 第一天就这么雄心壮志啊 |
[01:36] | Yes, well, I want to pack in all I can. | 是呀 我想尽可能把所有病人都排满 |
[01:39] | That’s why I took the day off from my radio show. | 这也是为什么我从电台请了一天假 |
[01:41] | Well, happy sailing through the choppy waters | 祝你在功能障碍与精神紊乱的 |
[01:44] | of the dysfunctional and the disturbed. | 惊涛骇浪中愉快地航行 |
[01:46] | “Optional eyebrow wax”?! | “选择性打蜡修眉” |
[01:48] | What is that supposed to mean?! | 这几个意思啊 |
[01:54] | Same to you, skipper. | 你也一样 船长 |
[02:01] | Dr. Crane? I’m Peggy. | Crane医生 我是Peggy |
[02:03] | I hope I’m not late. | 希望我没有迟到 |
[02:04] | Not at all. Won’t you come in? | 完全没有 快请进来吧 |
[02:06] | I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[02:07] | Please, be seated. | 请坐 |
[02:09] | First of all, welcome. | 首先呢 欢迎您 |
[02:12] | Whether our journey together lasts for years | 无论我们将一路携手多年 |
[02:14] | or just one day, | 还是仅仅一天 |
[02:16] | I can’t tell you how excited I am | 我都无法用言语表示我有多么激动 |
[02:18] | to take this first step with you. | 能和您共同踏出旅程的第一步 |
[02:20] | You know I’m just the temp? | 你知道我只是个临时工吧 |
[02:23] | Ah. | 噢 |
[02:24] | Well, I see my first patient is here. | 我看到第一个病人已经来了 |
[02:27] | If you could just see her in. | 能请您招待她进来吗 |
[02:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:28] | Righty-o. | 好嘞 |
[02:31] | Go right in. | 直接进来就好 |
[02:33] | Hello, Dr. Crane. I’m Jane Walsh. | 您好 Crane医生 我是Jane Walsh |
[02:35] | Hello, Jane. Please be seated, won’t you? | 您好 Jane 请坐 好吧 |
[02:37] | I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[02:40] | First of all, welcome. | 首先 欢迎您 |
[02:43] | Whether our journey | 无论我们将一路 |
[02:43] | together lasts for years or just for one day, | 携手多年 还是仅仅一天 |
[02:46] | I can’t tell you how excited I am | 我都无法用言语表示我有多么激动 |
[02:48] | to take this first step with you. | 能和您共同踏出旅程的第一步 |
[02:50] | Have we met? | 我们见过吗 |
[02:52] | Ah, I am in the media. | 啊 我有从事媒体行业 |
[02:54] | So my face is recognizable. | 所以我的脸还是蛮有辨识度的 |
[02:56] | But don’t let that inhibit you. | 但不要让这让你觉得拘束 |
[02:58] | Please, what’s on your mind? | 请问 您是有什么心事呢 |
[03:01] | Okay, um…. | 好吧 额 |
[03:03] | sometimes I feel this, this kind of sadness hanging over me. | 有时候 我会感觉 有种悲伤笼罩着我 |
[03:08] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[03:09] | And is this sadness triggered by anything. | 那这种悲伤是由什么事件触发的吗 |
[03:13] | Wait. Did you ever date a woman | 等下 你有没有和一个 |
[03:14] | named Stephanie Walsh? | 名叫Stephanie Walsh的女人约会过 |
[03:15] | Yes, a few years ago. | 有 几年前的事了 |
[03:17] | She’s my sister. | 她是我姐姐 |
[03:19] | Oh. | 哦 |
[03:20] | Yeah, I met you at a party once. | 没错 我在一个聚会上见过你一次 |
[03:21] | Oh, well, then I’m glad we cleared that up. | 哦 很高兴我们把这个搞清楚了 |
[03:23] | All right, now, this sadness of yours, | 好了 你这种悲伤的感觉 |
[03:28] | is it a general… | 它总是 |
[03:33] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[03:34] | I was just remembering something. | 我只是回想起了一些事 |
[03:36] | Uh, yeah, I’m sad all the time. | 额 对 我一直都很悲伤 |
[03:38] | Ah. Yes, well, | 啊 好吧 |
[03:41] | you are now in a place | 你现在在一个 |
[03:41] | where you can feel free to express yourself. | 可以自由抒发自己感觉的地方 |
[03:46] | I’m sorry. I was just… | 不好意思 我只是 |
[03:47] | I was thinking about something my sister told me about you. | 我只是在想一些我姐姐告诉我的关于你的事 |
[03:52] | Well, perhaps we should discuss it. | 那么 也许我们应该讨论讨论这个 |
[03:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:55] | Um, you were in bed with my sister, | 嗯 当时你跟我姐姐在床上 |
[03:58] | and, uh, right in the middle of things, | 正忙着”做事情” |
[04:00] | I guess you called her “Milady. “ | 你当时好像叫了她一句”夫人” |
[04:09] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[04:10] | – I’m sorry. – No, no, please. | – 我很抱歉 – 不 不 |
[04:12] | It’s important that you feel free | 你觉得能够自由地向我 |
[04:13] | to express yourself to me. | 表达自己是很重要的 |
[04:14] | – Please, go on.- All right. | – 请继续 – 好的 |
[04:15] | It became this running joke between me and my sister. | 这已经成为我们姐妹之间的一个哏了 |
[04:18] | She called me “Milady, ” And I called her “Milady, “ | 她叫我”夫人” 我也叫她”夫人” |
[04:22] | and my mother started doing it, | 然后我妈也开始这么叫 |
[04:23] | and now my aunt has a cat named “Milady. “ | 现在 我姨妈都有一只叫”夫人”的猫 |
[04:30] | This isn’t going to work, is it? | 这样根本就不行 是不是 |
[04:31] | No, I don’t think so. | 是的 我觉得也是 |
[04:34] | I am so sorry, again. | 我再次感到抱歉 |
[04:35] | Oh, please, not at all. | 哦 完全不必道歉 没关系 |
[04:36] | It’s just fine | 这样挺好 |
[04:37] | And best of luck conquering that constant sadness. | 祝你能早日摆脱那不断的悲伤 |
[04:45] | If you’re done, Dr.C, your next patient is here. | C医生 如果这边已经结束 您的下一个病人到了 |
[04:49] | Already? | 已经到了 |
[04:50] | Yeah, that’s me. | 嗯 就是我 |
[04:51] | I find it best to be no later | 我觉得还是至少提前 |
[04:53] | than a half hour early. | 半小时比较好 |
[04:55] | Saves a lot of anxiety. | 可以免除很多焦虑 |
[04:58] | First of all, | 首先 |
[05:00] | welcome. | 欢迎您 |
[05:01] | Whether our journey together lasts for years | 无论我们将一路携手多年 |
[05:04] | or just one day, | 还是仅仅一天 |
[05:05] | I can’t tell you how excited I am | 我都无法用言语表示我有多么激动 |
[05:08] | to take this first step with you. | 能和您共同踏出旅程的第一步 |
[05:10] | No, this won’t work. | 不 这没用的 |
[05:12] | Thanks. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[05:14] | Oh! Hello. | 哦 你好 |
[05:16] | Sir… Sir! | 先生 先生 |
[05:18] | That’s all right, Peggy. | 没事 Peggy |
[05:21] | Goodness, done with your 10:00 already? | 天哪 你这10点预约的病人已经结束了 |
[05:24] | That was my 11 :00. | 这是我11点的病人 |
[05:31] | Hello. | 喂 |
[05:32] | Calm down! Calm down! | 冷静 冷静 |
[05:34] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[05:36] | I was planning on lunching with Frasier. | 我正准备和Frasier去吃午餐呢 |
[05:39] | No, no, if it’s that urgent , I’ll see you then. | 不不 如果那么紧急的话 我来见你好了 |
[05:44] | Oh, dear. | 哦 老天 |
[05:45] | What’s got Daphne all worked up now? | 又有什么招着Daphne了 |
[05:47] | It wasn’t Daphne. | 不是Daphne |
[05:49] | It was Maris. | 是Maris |
[05:49] | Maris Maris?! | |
[05:54] | I haven’t spoken to her for months. | 我几个月没和她说过话了 |
[05:56] | She said she needs to see me. | 她说她需要见我 |
[05:58] | About what? | 为什么呢 |
[05:59] | I don’t know. She was hysterical. | 我不知道 她歇斯底里的 |
[06:02] | I haven’t heard her this panicked | 自从上次她在旋转门走到 |
[06:03] | since her strength gave out halfway through a revolving door. | 一半就耗尽了力气之后 我从没听过她这么慌张过 |
[06:11] | Uh, I have to cancel lunch. | 嗯 恐怕我要取消和你的午餐了 |
[06:13] | Can’t you see her after lunch? | 你就不能午餐后再见她 |
[06:14] | – I have patients. – Before, then. | – 到时我有病人 – 那就午餐前 |
[06:16] | I’m sorry. This just won’t work out. | 很抱歉 这样不行 |
[06:19] | You know, you could at least give him a chance! | 拜托你起码给他一个机会啊 |
[06:22] | It’s his first day! | 这可是他第一天啊 |
[06:29] | Excuse me, I’m crazy, | 不好意思 我疯了 |
[06:31] | and I need to see the doctor. | 我需要看医生 |
[06:35] | Hello, Dad. | 你好啊 老爸 |
[06:37] | I brought you this for your office. | 我给你办公室带了点东西 |
[06:38] | Thank you. Why don’t you have a seat? | 谢谢 坐吧 |
[06:43] | What you doing there? | 你在那儿干嘛呢 |
[06:44] | I’m just trying to figure out this chair from Stockholm Design. | 我正试着搞清楚这个斯德哥尔摩设计的椅子 |
[06:49] | Instruction booklet alone would account for the high Swedish suicide rate. | 光这本说明书就能解释为什么瑞典自杀率这么高了 |
[06:55] | – Hey. – Oh, hey, Niles. | – 嘿 – 噢 嘿 Niles |
[06:56] | Niles, listen, how did things go with Maris? | Niles 听着 你跟Maris的事情怎么样了 |
[06:58] | Maris Maris?! | |
[07:00] | She invited me to lunch at Le Toque. | 她邀我去”礼帽”餐厅共进午餐 |
[07:04] | She’s gotten involved with some Argentine polo player. | 她跟一个什么阿根廷的马球手扯上了关系 |
[07:09] | Turns out he’s a cad | 没想到那人是个无赖 |
[07:10] | and a gold digger with a violent temper to boot. | 还是个性情粗暴的拜金男 |
[07:13] | That’s probably what she put in her ad. | 很可能她纳宠广告上就这么写的 |
[07:21] | So, Niles, what did you tell her? | 然后呢 Niles 你怎么跟她说的 |
[07:22] | I told her to leave him. | 我让她离开他 |
[07:24] | If he causes trouble, get a restraining order. | 如果这男的要惹是生非 就申请个限制令 |
[07:27] | She was very upset by the whole thing. | 整件事都让她很沮丧 |
[07:29] | Poor thing completely lost her appetite. | 小可怜一点胃口都没有了 |
[07:30] | Barely touched her snail. | 她点的蜗牛都没碰 |
[07:34] | I’m supposed to be seeing Daphne. | 我一会儿要见Daphne |
[07:35] | She’s going to love this. | 她听到要笑死了 |
[07:37] | Well, you’re not going to tell her, are you? | 你不是打算要告诉她吧 啊 |
[07:39] | Well, I think I have to, don’t I? | 我觉得我应该告诉她 不是吗 |
[07:41] | You don’t tell your pregnant wife you had lunch with your ex. | 你不能告诉你怀孕的老婆说和前妻吃午餐了 |
[07:44] | Yes, I agree with Dad. | 没错 我同意老爸说的 |
[07:45] | Normally, I’m a proponent of telling the truth, | 正常情况下 我是倡导实话实说的 |
[07:47] | but as a man who’s dealt with a pregnant spouse, | 但作为一个要面对怀孕配偶的男人来说 |
[07:49] | I say lie until your pants are on fire. | 火烧裤头前还是别说实话了 |
[07:56] | I see your point, of course, | 我当然明白你意思 |
[07:57] | but this isn’t just a little fib to cover up some after-work shoe shopping. | 但这可不是什么下班后不回家冲去买鞋的小谎 |
[08:00] | This is a big lie. | 这可是个弥天大谎 |
[08:02] | I’m just not comfortable with it. | 对此我不是很舒服 |
[08:04] | Dr. Crane, I’m back from lunch. | Crane医生 我吃完午饭回来了 |
[08:05] | Your next patient is here. | 您的下一位病人已经到了 |
[08:07] | Thank you, Peggy. | 谢谢你 Peggy |
[08:08] | Well, I’d love to stay and chat, | 我是很想跟你们坐下来好好聊聊 |
[08:09] | but duty calls. | 但职责在召唤我了 |
[08:11] | If you want to wait, he’s usually very quick. | 如果你们愿意等等的话 他咨询起来都挺快的 |
[08:19] | Thank you, Peggy. | 谢你了 Peggy |
[08:22] | Hello, Dr. Crane. | 您好 Crane医生 |
[08:23] | I’m Carol Dryden. | 我是Carol Dryden |
[08:24] | Hi, Carol. Please, come in. | 嗨 Carol 快请进 |
[08:26] | Uh, won’t you sit down? | 坐下好吗 |
[08:30] | Welcome. | 欢迎您 |
[08:32] | Whether our journey lasts for several years | 无论我们将一路携手多年 |
[08:35] | or just for a day, | 还是仅仅一天 |
[08:37] | I want you to know how excited I am | 我希望您能知道我是多么激动 |
[08:40] | to take this first step with you. | 能和您共同踏出旅程的第一步 |
[08:42] | So, what’s on your mind? | 那么 您是有什么心事呢 |
[08:44] | I guess I have trouble asserting myself. | 我觉得我很难表达自己的主张 |
[08:48] | Uh-huh. How so? | 啊 怎么说 |
[08:49] | Well, like last week, | 比如说上周 |
[08:50] | I was supposed to have dinner with some friends… | 我本来要和几个朋友吃饭餐 |
[09:06] | Please, why don’t you go ahead? | 您请继续说 |
[09:09] | Anyway, I didn’t really feel up to dinner, | 反正我不怎么想去 |
[09:12] | but I’m the kind of person that hates to dis… | 但我是那种不愿意让别人失 |
[09:15] | appoint people, | 望的人 |
[09:17] | and I was the designated driver as usual… | 我又跟往常一样成了指定司机 |
[09:20] | Tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[09:21] | I’m just going to get another chair. | 我还是直接换个椅子 |
[09:22] | And why don’t you keep talking, if you like. | 您愿意的话就继续说下去 |
[09:26] | I can still hear you. | 我还是能听到的 |
[09:29] | So we go to dinner, and my two friends | 所以我们去吃晚餐 然后坐在我 |
[09:33] | on either side of me are talking over me | 两边的朋友隔着我聊天 |
[09:35] | like I’m not even there. | 就像我根本不存在一样 |
[09:37] | And then when dinner arrived, | 晚餐上来之后 |
[09:39] | my meal didn’t come, and no one even noticed. | 我点的餐没上 都没人发现 |
[09:44] | I guess after a while, that kind of thing gets to you. | 我想过了一阵 这种事开始让你恼火 |
[09:49] | It’s like people aren’t paying attention to me. | 就好像根本就没人在意我 |
[09:56] | I can see how that would be very frustrating for you. | 我明白这一定让你非常沮丧 |
[09:59] | And I’m a good person. | 而且我是个善良的人啊 |
[10:01] | But sometimes I just feel like the whole world | 但有时候 我就觉得全世界 |
[10:04] | is shutting me out. | 都将我拒之门外 |
[10:13] | Oh, there you are. | 哦 你来了啊 |
[10:14] | I was just calling to see if you were on your way. | 我刚要打电话看你是不是在路上了 |
[10:16] | I used to move faster | 在我体内随身 |
[10:17] | before I was carrying your child around in me. | 携带你的小孩儿之前 我的动作要快得多 |
[10:21] | Well, why don’t I get you a soothing cup of herb tea | 额 我去给你点杯镇静安神的花草茶吧 |
[10:25] | and then I’ll tell you about a very interesting lunch I had today. | 然后告诉你 我今天吃的非常有趣的一顿午餐 |
[10:35] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:37] | Yes, he just stepped away. | 是的 他刚走开 |
[10:38] | Who’s calling? | 您哪位 |
[10:40] | What do you want, Maris? | 你想干什么 Maris |
[10:43] | It most certainly is my business. | 当然关我的事 |
[10:45] | He’s my husband now. | 他现在是我丈夫 |
[10:46] | You leave him alone. | 你离他远点儿 |
[10:48] | That was Maris. | Maris打的电话 |
[10:49] | She has some nerve calling | 她还真是有胆打来 |
[10:51] | after all she put us through. | 让我们经历了多少痛苦 |
[10:52] | How stupid does she think you are | 她到底是有多蠢 |
[10:54] | that you’d have anything more to do with her? | 还认为你跟他有一毛钱关系 |
[10:55] | Right. | 对 |
[10:58] | Cheer me up. | 让我开心下 |
[10:59] | Tell me about your interesting lunch. | 跟我说说你有趣的午餐 |
[11:03] | Who was it with? | 跟谁吃的 |
[11:08] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[11:10] | You have lunch with him all the time. | 你俩一直一起吃午餐啊 |
[11:13] | Wait a minute. | 等下 |
[11:14] | I spoke to him earlier. | 我早些时候跟他聊过 |
[11:15] | He told me he was eating in. | 他说他正在诊所里吃 |
[11:17] | And that’s the interesting part, | 啊 有趣就有趣在这儿 |
[11:19] | because just then Dad showed up | 巧了 那时候老爸正好去了 |
[11:22] | and that clogged ear of his was acting up, | 结果他耳朵堵塞的毛病又犯了 |
[11:25] | so I took him to the doctor. | 所以我带他去看医生了 |
[11:27] | That’s not interesting. | 这一点都不有趣 |
[11:30] | And your father told me he was going to the dog track. | 而且你爸跟我说他要去赛狗场的 |
[11:32] | And that’s where it gets interesting | 这就是事情变得有趣的地方 |
[11:34] | because after the doctor… | 我们去看过医生之后 |
[11:38] | we had lunch at the dog track. | 在赛狗场吃的午餐 |
[11:42] | Let me just go check on your tea. | 我去看看你的茶好了没 |
[11:47] | Hey, Daph. | 嘿 Daph |
[11:47] | Hello, Martin. | 你好啊 Martin |
[11:49] | How are your ears? | 你耳朵怎么样了 |
[11:50] | Huh? | 哈 |
[11:51] | How are your ears?! | 你耳朵怎么样了 |
[11:52] | Dad, Dad. | 老爸 老爸 |
[11:53] | Here you go. | 你的茶 |
[11:54] | I was just– darling– telling Daphne | 我正要 亲爱的 告诉Daphne |
[11:56] | that I had lunch with you at the dog track. | 我跟你在赛狗场吃的午餐 |
[11:59] | Right. | 对 |
[12:00] | After the ear doctor. | 在看完耳科医生之后 |
[12:02] | Right. | 对 |
[12:05] | And how about that flat tire on the freeway? | 在高速路上爆胎也蛮倒霉的 |
[12:10] | Niles helped me change it. | Niles帮我换胎的呢 |
[12:11] | All right, now I know you’re lying. | 好了 我知道你在撒谎了 |
[12:14] | It all makes sense now. | 现在都说得通了 |
[12:16] | First you get me out of the house with that spa, | 你先用那个水疗把我从家支走 |
[12:18] | then this ridiculous story. | 然后 编了这么个荒谬的故事 |
[12:20] | You’re throwing me | 今晚你是要给我 |
[12:21] | a surprise baby shower tonight, aren’t you? | 办个产前惊喜送礼会 对不对 |
[12:23] | That’s it. Yeah. | 是啊 没错 |
[12:27] | But promise you’ll look surprised | 但答应我 你进屋的时候 |
[12:28] | when you come in through the door. | 要看上去很惊喜 |
[12:29] | Oh, Niles, you are the sweetest man alive! | 哦 Niles 你是世上最贴心的男人了 |
[12:35] | Well, I should run. | 我得赶紧走了 |
[12:36] | And the party’s tonight | 今晚的派对呢 |
[12:37] | and I have one or two finishing touches to tend to. | 我还有最后一点点收尾工作要做 |
[12:42] | Come on, Dad. | 来吧 老爸 |
[12:43] | Huh? | 哈 |
[12:43] | Come along. | 一起来啊 |
[12:44] | Oh, you know, my ear is really starting… | 哦 你知道吗 我的耳朵真是开始 |
[12:47] | Get in the car! | 到车里来 |
[12:56] | Hey, Niles. | 嘿 Niles |
[12:57] | Not a bad party for two hours’notice. | 两小时里能办个这样的聚会不错啊 |
[13:00] | It’s a disaster. | 简直是场灾难 |
[13:03] | None of Daphne’s friends could make it. | Daphne的朋友一个都来不了 |
[13:04] | I told the caterer I wanted a maternity motif. | 我告诉餐饮供应商需要一个怀孕母亲主题的聚会 |
[13:06] | He thought I said “Fraternity”,and now we have | 结果他听成了”兄弟会”主题 于是我们现在有了 |
[13:08] | three kegs of beer and a six-foot hoagie. | 三大桶啤酒还有个六英尺长的三明治 |
[13:13] | Great spread, Niles. | 餐食准备得不错啊 Niles |
[13:15] | Kenny Daly– Frasier’s boss. | 我是Kenny Daly Frasier的上司 |
[13:17] | Roz invited me. | Roz邀请我来的 |
[13:18] | Sorry I didn’t bring a present. | 真不好意思什么礼物都没带 |
[13:20] | Actually, you did– a baby blanket. | 事实上 你带了 一条婴儿毯 |
[13:21] | You’ll find it in the pile on the table. | 你会在桌上那一堆里找到的 |
[13:23] | Oh, great. | 哦 太棒了 |
[13:24] | Oh, by the way, your wife’s a peach. | 哦 顺便说一句 你老婆还真是漂亮啊 |
[13:26] | My wife isn’t here yet. | 我老婆还没来呢 |
[13:28] | Oh, no. Whose stomach did I just rub? | 哦 不 刚才我摸了谁的肚子 |
[13:31] | Wow, Frasier, you’re really stuffing your pie hole. | 哇 Frasier 你还真是一秒都不浪费那张嘴啊 |
[13:35] | Look, I’ve had a very tough day. | 听着 我今天过得够糟心了 |
[13:37] | I’m entitled to a little comfort food | 我有权在今晚的咨询开始前 |
[13:38] | before my evening appointment. | 吃点儿安抚情绪的食物 |
[13:44] | That was pretty. | 真是”动听”啊 |
[13:46] | I’ll give you a tip, son. | 儿子 告诉你个小诀窍 |
[13:47] | Tough nights on the force, I used to eat like that. | 以前在局里熬夜班时 我也会这样吃 |
[13:50] | Trouble was, I’d be sitting in the squad car all night, | 问题是 我一晚上都得坐在警车里 |
[13:53] | pants digging in, stomach making unholy noises. | 裤子越卡越紧 肚子开始乱响 |
[13:57] | There’s only one thing that helps: | 唯一能帮上忙的 |
[13:59] | Loosen your belt and pop the top button. | 就是松开腰带 解开裤头的扣子 |
[14:02] | Thank you, Dad, | 多谢你 老爸 |
[14:03] | for schooling me in the ancient ways. | 教给我如此复古的方式 |
[14:07] | Oh! Here she comes! | 哦 主角登场啦 |
[14:08] | Oh! Oh! Come on. | 哦 哦 快来 |
[14:11] | Okay, okay. | 好 好 |
[14:14] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[14:17] | My God, what a surprise! | 我的天 太惊喜了 |
[14:19] | I’ve never been so surprised! | 我从来没这么惊喜过 |
[14:21] | Oh, thank you, Niles. | 哦 谢谢你 Niles |
[14:23] | All these people who mean so much to us. | 大家对我们来说都意义重大 |
[14:26] | Mom and Frasier and… | 妈妈 Frasier 还有 |
[14:29] | you. | 这位 |
[14:33] | Our doorman. | 我们的门卫 |
[14:37] | Doesn’t he work with Frasier, that man at the big sandwich? | 他不是Frasier的同事吗 三明治旁边那个 |
[14:40] | Well, once word got out, who was I to say no? | 话一放出去 谁我能拒绝呀 |
[14:43] | Here, Daphne. | 来这儿 Daphne |
[14:44] | I don’t see many of my friends yet. | 我还没怎么见到我的朋友呢 |
[14:46] | Will Holly be coming? Margaret or Tina? | Holly会来吗 Margaret还有Tina呢 |
[14:48] | Well, I had to make the cutoff somewhere. | 我总是要精简点客人 |
[14:50] | Excuse me, darling. | 失陪下 亲爱的 |
[14:52] | Would you come here. | 你能过来吗 |
[15:03] | – Calm down, Niles. – I can’t. | – 冷静啊 Niles – 做不到啊 |
[15:05] | I’m telling her another lie every time I open my mouth! | 我一张嘴就跟她撒一个慌 |
[15:08] | Get a grip on yourself, man! It’s called marriage! | 控制下自己吧 老天 这就叫婚姻 |
[15:15] | – Dr. Crane? – Yes? | – Crane医生 – 什么事 |
[15:16] | I’m Esteban di Rojo. | 我是Esteban di Roj |
[15:17] | I am the lover of your ex-wife Maris. | 我是你前妻Maris的情人 |
[15:19] | Uh, you’ve made a mistake. | 额 你搞错了 |
[15:20] | No, you have. | 不 错的是你 |
[15:24] | What did you do that for? | 你打他干什么 |
[15:25] | This ex-husband had lunch with my Maris today. | 这个前夫今天跟我的Maris吃午餐了 |
[15:28] | He gave her fool’s advice, and she was a fool to follow it. | 他给她出歪点子 她居然笨到去听了 |
[15:33] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[15:41] | Niles, did you have lunch with Maris today? | Niles 你今天中午跟Maris吃饭了 |
[15:45] | Yes, I-I-I was just about to tell… | 是的 我 我 我 正要告诉 |
[15:46] | So you weren’t planning my shower at all. | 所以你根本就没有准备我的送礼会 |
[15:48] | This whole party was just a sham. | 整个派对都是假的 |
[15:51] | – I’m so sorry. – Not as sorry as I am. | – 我很后悔 – 没我那么后悔 |
[15:54] | Daphne, Daphne, wait… | Daphne Daphne 等等 |
[15:55] | I don’t want to hear it. | 我不想听 |
[15:56] | I’ve never been so humiliated in my life. | 我这辈子都没这么丢人过 |
[15:59] | Allow me. | 请让我来 |
[16:09] | Dr. Crane, your appointment is here. | Crane医生 您预约的病人到了 |
[16:13] | Is your eye okay? It’s kind of twitching. | 您眼睛还好吗 好像一直在抽搐 |
[16:16] | Well, just a little unfortunate accident. | 额 只是一个不幸的小意外 |
[16:17] | – Uh… please, send her in. – All right. | – 请让她进来吧 – 好的 |
[16:23] | – Hi. – Hello. | – 嗨 – 您好 |
[16:25] | – I’m Shannon Palmer. – Hello, Shannon | – 我是Shannon Palmer – 您好 Shannon |
[16:26] | Uh, please, won’t you be seated. | 嗯 请坐吧 |
[16:28] | Uh, I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[16:30] | Uh… first of all, welcome. | 首先 欢迎您 |
[16:35] | Whether our… journey together lasts for years | 无论我们将 一路携手多年 |
[16:39] | or… only just a day, | 还是 仅仅一天 |
[16:41] | I can’t tell you how excited… I am… | 我都无法用言语表示我有多么地 激动 |
[16:45] | to take this first step with you. | 能和您共同踏出旅程的第一步 |
[16:47] | Okay. Uh… | 好吧 嗯 |
[16:49] | Geez, this is a little hard to talk about. | 老天 这事有些难以启齿 |
[16:52] | Oh, well, just relax. | 哦 放松就好 |
[16:53] | You know, many of my patients | 知道吗 我的很多病人 |
[16:54] | find it easier to open up if they’re lying down. | 都觉得躺下来比较容易敞开心扉 |
[16:59] | Um… okay. | 额 好吧 |
[17:03] | Well… I guess I have problems with men. | 额 我觉得我和男人相处有问题 |
[17:08] | No matter what they say, | 无论他们说什么 |
[17:09] | all they really seem to want is sex. | 其实他们都只是想跟我做爱 |
[17:19] | It’s hard, because I want to be loved for who I am, of course, | 这太难了 因为我当然希望因为自己本身而被爱 |
[17:22] | but if who I am is an attractive woman… | 但如果我本身是个极具魅力的女性 |
[17:29] | What was that? | 那什么声音 |
[17:30] | It-it must be the, uh… | 肯 肯定是 额 |
[17:33] | the air-conditioning or something. | 空调或是什么 |
[17:38] | Please, uh, continue. | 请 额 继续 |
[17:42] | It’s to the point now… | 现在重点问题来了 |
[17:45] | I meet a perfectly nice man, | 我遇到了一个非常好的男人 |
[17:47] | and I don’t trust him. | 但我却不相信他 |
[17:49] | The machine’ll get it. | 电话会自动转接的 |
[17:52] | This is Stephanie Walsh. Remember? Milady? | 我是Stephanie Walsh 还记得吗 夫人 |
[17:54] | Sorry about my sister. | 我妹妹的事很抱歉 |
[17:56] | You’re not the first guy to do something weird in bed. | 你并不是第一个在床上做奇怪事的人 |
[18:03] | Oh! | 噢 |
[18:04] | I’m so sor… Oh! | 我很抱 噢 |
[18:06] | Oh, good Lord! No! | 噢 老天爷 不 |
[18:08] | What the hell?! | 搞毛啊 |
[18:09] | I’m sorry! I-I’m sorry! | 对不起 太对不起了 |
[18:13] | What is wrong with you?! | 你是有什么毛病 |
[18:14] | It’s not my fault. | 不是我的错 |
[18:15] | It’s just a-a trick I learned from my dad. | 这只是我从老爸那儿学的一个小诀窍 |
[18:24] | You certainly know how to keep ’em moving. | 您真是懂得如何让病人”川流不息”啊 |
[18:30] | Anyway, if you could sign my timecard, I’ll be going. | 如果您能签下我的考勤卡 我这就下班了 |
[18:34] | Although if you… | 不过要是您 |
[18:35] | haven’t hired anyone permanent yet… | 还没有长期雇佣谁的话 |
[18:39] | Well, Peggy, | 嗯 Peggy |
[18:40] | I’m afraid I won’t really be needing anybody permanent. | 恐怕我真的不需要长期雇佣谁 |
[18:42] | Uh, I’m starting to think this return to private practice | 我现在开始觉得回到私人诊所工作 |
[18:45] | was a big mistake. | 根本就是个错误 |
[18:46] | Everyone’s first day is a little rough. | 每个人的第一天都会有些不顺 |
[18:49] | Well, except mine. I didn’t even have to do any billing. | 当然 除了我 我甚至一张收费单都不用开呢 |
[18:55] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到您 |
[18:56] | Nice meeting you, too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[19:15] | – Dr. Crane? – Yes? | – Crane医生 – 什么事 |
[19:17] | Uh… I was your 3:00 that canceled. | 额 我是取消您3点预约的病人 |
[19:21] | I got cold feet. | 我那时胆怯了 |
[19:22] | I was hoping maybe you could squeeze me in. | 我希望您能不能挤出点时间给我 |
[19:24] | Oh, well, I was just about to put this day | 哦 好吧 我正打算要结束 |
[19:26] | out of its misery, but, uh, please come in. | 今天的痛苦 但 请进吧 |
[19:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:30] | Hello. I’m Brad Kincaid. | 您好 我是Brad Kincaid |
[19:32] | That’s… not my real name. | 这 不是我的真名 |
[19:36] | I’ll just get it off your insurance form. | 我会从你的保险单上知道的 |
[19:39] | Why don’t you have a seat, Brad. | 请坐吧 Brad |
[19:42] | First of all, welcome. | 首先 欢迎您 |
[19:44] | Whether this journey… Well, forget it. | 无论我们将 哎 算了 |
[19:46] | Uh… | 额 |
[19:50] | What’s troubling you? | 您有什么烦恼 |
[19:51] | Well, I just went through a messy divorce, | 我刚经历了一场糟心的离婚 |
[19:55] | and my kid’s in another city. | 我的孩子在另一个城市 |
[19:57] | I came here to begin a new career… | 我来到这儿开始新的职业生涯 |
[20:00] | but it’s not happening for me, | 但事业没有起色 |
[20:02] | and I’m thinking maybe I made a big mistake. | 然后我就在想自己是不是做了一个错误的决定 |
[20:04] | You know, Brad, | Brad 你要知道 |
[20:05] | sometimes things take a little longer | 有时候 事情发展要比预计的 |
[20:08] | to turn in our favor than we think they should. | 久一些 才能达到我们想要的局面 |
[20:12] | How long? | 要多久呢 |
[20:15] | Well, that depends. | 这因人而异 |
[20:17] | Tell me more. I’m listening. | 多跟我说说 我在聆听 |
[20:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:22] | Well, I’ve been here about six months now… | 我到这儿大概有六个月了 |
[20:33] | Daphne Daphne… | |
[20:35] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[20:37] | It’s all right. | 没关系的 |
[20:40] | Well, not completely, | 也不是完全没关系 |
[20:42] | but I’m not as mad as I was. | 但我不像之前那么生气了 |
[20:44] | I just don’t understand why you couldn’t tell me | 我就是不明白你为什么不告诉我 |
[20:47] | you were having lunch with Maris. | 跟Maris一起吃午饭这件事 |
[20:48] | I was going to, but you were just so upset when she called. | 我本来要说的 但她打电话过来时你很生气 |
[20:53] | I didn’t know how you’d react. | 我不知道告诉你了你会怎样 |
[20:55] | I suppose I have been | 我想我最近 |
[20:56] | a little bit difficult lately, haven’t I? | 确实是有点难相处 是不是 |
[21:03] | There’s just no good answer to that. | 这问题没正解啊 |
[21:08] | I’m too tired to talk about this right now. | 我现在太累了不想说这个 |
[21:11] | All I want is a nice cup of tea and a warm bed. | 只想要一杯好茶和一个暖暖的被窝 |
[21:13] | Coming up. One last word. | 马上就好 最后一句话 |
[21:15] | I tell you, Maris will never come between us again. | 我跟你说 Maris再也不会插在我们之间了 |
[21:18] | MAN : … under the baton of Sir Adrian Adler. | 男声 在Adrian Adler的指挥棒下 |
[21:22] | And now, news headlines. | 现在为您播报 最新头条 |
[21:23] | Police have just arrested Seattle socialite Maris Crane | 警方刚刚逮捕了西雅图社交名媛Maris Crane |
[21:27] | for the murder of her lover, polo star Esteban di Rojo. | 因涉嫌谋杀其情人 马球明星Esteban di Rojo |
[21:31] | Di Rojo was killed this evening at Mrs. Crane’s estate… | Di Rojo于今晚在Crane夫人的宅邸遇害 |