时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | What’s got Daphne all worked up now? | 这次Daphne又被什么惹毛了 |
[00:10] | It wasn’t Daphne. | 不是Daphne的电话 |
[00:11] | It was Maris. | 是Maris的 |
[00:12] | She’s gotten involved | 她交往了一个 |
[00:14] | with some Argentine polo player. | 什么阿根廷的马球手 |
[00:16] | It turns out he’s a gold digger | 后来发现他就是个拜金男 |
[00:18] | with a violent temper to boot. | 还时不时有暴力倾向 |
[00:20] | – Dr. Crane? – Yes? | – Crane医生 – 是我 |
[00:21] | I’m Esteban Di Rojo. | 我是Esteban Di Rojo |
[00:24] | I tell you, Maris will never come between us again. | 我发誓Maris绝不会再妨碍我们 |
[00:27] | “And now, news headlines.” | “现在播报 头条新闻” |
[00:28] | “Police have just arrested Seattle socialite Maris Crane | “警方刚刚拘捕西雅图名媛Maris Crane |
[00:31] | for the murder of her lover, | 她涉嫌谋杀其男友 |
[00:32] | Argentine polo star Esteban di Rojo.” | 阿根廷马球手Esteban Di Rojo” |
[00:38] | Oh, come in. | 进来吧 |
[00:39] | Niles. What have you heard? | Niles 你听说了什么吗 |
[00:40] | Not much. The TV news is still pretty sketchy. | 没多少 电视新闻还是很粗略 |
[00:42] | Dad, did you find anything out? | 爸 你听说了什么吗 |
[00:44] | Well, I called some buddies at the station. | 我给几个警局的伙计打了电话 |
[00:46] | They’ll call back when they know something. | 要是有什么消息他们会打电话过来 |
[00:47] | It’s just so freaky. | 真是太诡异了 |
[00:49] | I can’t believe that man is dead. | 真不敢相信那人已经死了 |
[00:50] | He was standing right where you are just a few hours ago. | 几小时前他还站在你那位置 |
[00:52] | How you holding up, son? | 你还好吗 儿子 |
[00:54] | As well as can be expected. | 你觉得还能多好 |
[00:56] | I meant your brother. | 我问的是你弟弟 |
[00:59] | Oh, well, I’m-I’m stunned, of course. | 我当然是惊呆了 |
[01:01] | The idea that-that Maris actually killed someone… | 要知道Maris居然杀人了 |
[01:04] | Well, we’ve all seen her murder many a lively dinner party. | 我们可都目睹过她弄死一场场派对啊 |
[01:07] | – That’s terrible. – Frasier. | – 你怎么说得出这种话 – Frasier |
[01:09] | Oh, come on. I’m joking, | 拜托 我就开开玩笑 |
[01:11] | and haven’t I earned a right to my gallows humor? | 难道我还没资格来点黑色幽默吗 |
[01:13] | After all, | 毕竟 |
[01:14] | are you forgetting that just this afternoon | 难道你们忘了 就在今天下午 |
[01:15] | I was punched in the face | 我的脸被人揍了一拳 |
[01:18] | by a man now dead? | 而那人现在已经死了 |
[01:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:24] | Here, drink this. | 来 把这个喝了 |
[01:25] | Oh, thanks. | 哦 谢谢 |
[01:28] | Hello. | 喂 |
[01:29] | This is he. | 我就是 |
[01:31] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[01:33] | Uh, I’ll be there shortly. | 我马上就过来 |
[01:36] | It’s the police. | 警察的电话 |
[01:37] | They want to talk to me. | 他们想要和我谈谈 |
[01:39] | My God, why? They don’t suspect you of anything, do they? | 天呐 为什么 他们不会怀疑你做了什么吧 |
[01:41] | I don’t think so. I don’t think they could. | 我觉得不是 我觉得他们不能 |
[01:43] | – They couldn’t, could they? Dad? – Calm down. | – 他们不能的 对吧 爸 – 冷静点 |
[01:45] | You had lunch with her today. | 你今天和她一起吃了午饭 |
[01:46] | They just want to know what you talked about. | 他们就想知道你们聊了什么 |
[01:48] | What did we talk about? What did we talk about? | 我们聊了什么 我们聊了什么呢 |
[01:49] | Uh, let’s see. Well… | 让我想想 |
[01:51] | We-we discussed the upcoming women’s arts festival | 我们讨论了即将开始的女性艺术节 |
[01:53] | and their tableaux vivant. | 还有她们的活人画表演 |
[01:55] | They’re going to be re-enacting Schmitt’s painting of | 她们打算再现Schmitt的壁画场景 |
[01:58] | “The Martyrdom of St. Ursula by Attila the Hun.” | “圣女乌尔苏拉的殉道 遭匈奴王阿提拉谋害” |
[02:01] | Naturally, Maris will pose as the Hun. | Maris自然将扮演匈奴王 |
[02:05] | A tad dramatic for my taste, | 我个人觉得有点戏剧化 |
[02:06] | but nonetheless, I told her I’d help out by | 但不管怎样 我告诉她我还是会帮忙 |
[02:08] | lending her my antique crossbow | 借给她我的古董十字弩 |
[02:10] | to help complete the tragic scene on the Rhine. | 来完成莱茵河上的那个悲剧场景 |
[02:12] | Of course, | 当然 |
[02:13] | talk of the Rhine inevitably led | 一说到莱茵河 就不得不提到 |
[02:14] | to that wonderful anecdote about | 维特尔斯巴赫宫 |
[02:16] | the Nazarene painters of Wittelsbach Palace. | 拿撒勒派画家的轶事 |
[02:19] | Those beer-loving rascals. | 那些爱喝啤酒的淘气鬼 |
[02:21] | Tell it, Niles. | 快说说看 Niles |
[02:22] | No! | 够了 |
[02:25] | What did she say about the polo guy? | 她说了什么有关马球手的事 |
[02:27] | Well, I-I told you, she-she mentioned she felt unsafe around him | 我说过的 她说觉得在他身边不安全 |
[02:30] | and that she thought he only wanted her | 她觉得那人和自己在一起 |
[02:32] | for her money, and I urged her to end the relationship. | 就是为了钱 我劝她结束这段感情 |
[02:35] | Well, that’s pretty tame stuff | 都是些蛮平常的东西 |
[02:36] | It’ll take more than a little lunch to | 光靠这顿午饭可不够 |
[02:38] | tie you into a murder. | 把你和谋杀联系在一起 |
[02:40] | Oh, dear. | 噢 天呐 |
[02:41] | Niles, they’re in front of Maris’ house now. | Niles 记者们到了Maris家门口 |
[02:43] | “There’s been a startling new development in the society murder case.” | “这场谋杀案有了令人震惊的新进展” |
[02:47] | Sources say alleged murderer Maris Crane | 有消息称犯罪嫌疑人Maris Crane |
[02:49] | killed her polo-playing lover, Esteban di Rojo, | 杀害马球手男友Esteban di Rojo的凶器 |
[02:52] | with an antique crossbow. | 是一把古董十字弩 |
[03:00] | – You gave her the murder weapon. – No | – 杀人的凶器是你给她的 – 不 |
[03:10] | Hello? | 喂 |
[03:11] | It’s a reporter. | 是个记者 |
[03:13] | I’m not here. | 说我不在 |
[03:15] | I’m sorry, he’s not here and I don’t know when he’s coming back. | 很抱歉 他不在 我也不清楚他什么时候回来 |
[03:19] | I’d rather not say. | 我不想说 |
[03:22] | I’d rather not say! | 我不想说 |
[03:24] | Oh, thank you. Manchester, actually. | 噢 谢谢 其实是曼彻斯特 |
[03:27] | Hang up. | 挂电话 |
[03:28] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[03:29] | I don’t believe this. | 我不敢相信 |
[03:30] | It’s an unlisted number. | 这电话号码没有登记过 |
[03:32] | They must think I’m involved somehow. | 他们一定觉得我多多少少有牵连 |
[03:34] | Th-they’re actually trying to imply that… | 他们的意思其实就是 |
[03:38] | No, no, no, I’m not going to panic. | 不 不 不 我不要惊慌失措 |
[03:41] | The only way to get through this is to remain calm. | 只有保持冷静才能熬过这关 |
[03:44] | Right. Now, let’s go on down to the station | 没错 那我们现在先去警局 |
[03:46] | and get this all sorted out. | 把这一切都讲清楚 |
[03:48] | I’m coming, too. | 我也一起去 |
[03:49] | No. You have to rest up | 不 你得休息 |
[03:51] | for our doctor’s appointment tomorrow morning. | 我们明早还约了医生做检查呢 |
[03:53] | I’ll stay with Daphne. | 我留下来陪Daphne |
[03:54] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[03:55] | Everything is going to be fine. | 一切都会没事的 |
[04:04] | You know, that’s going to go on all night. | 这电话得响一整晚了 |
[04:05] | You want to just stay at my place? | 你想去我家待着吗 |
[04:07] | Thanks, but if I let them drive me out of me own home, | 谢谢 但如果他们把我逼出自己家 |
[04:09] | then they’ve won. | 就代表他们赢了 |
[04:12] | Allow me. | 那我来吧 |
[04:15] | Hello? | 喂 |
[04:17] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[04:18] | Yes, I’ll tell her. | 好的 我会告诉她 |
[04:20] | That was your mother, she heard the news. She’s on her way over. | 你妈听到了消息 正在赶过来 |
[04:22] | I’ll pack the bag, you get the car. | 我收拾包 你去开车 |
[04:32] | Well, we survived. | 我们没事啦 |
[04:33] | The kid held up. | 这孩子坚持住了 |
[04:34] | What took you all night? | 你们怎么搞了一整晚 |
[04:36] | Oh, there was a lot of waiting. | 哦 我们等了很长时间 |
[04:38] | – Here, let me take your jacket. – Thank you. | – 来 外套给我吧 – 谢谢 |
[04:40] | Fortunately, we found a nice, cold metal bench between | 好在我们找到个清凉舒爽的金属凳坐着 |
[04:44] | two drunk bikers | 一边是两个喝醉骑自行车的 |
[04:45] | and a pimp who called me Peaches. | 另一边是个拉皮条的 还叫我小可爱 |
[04:49] | Yeah, and the interesting thing happened when we were leaving. | 是啊 我们走的时候才有意思呢 |
[04:51] | We ran into Maris’ lawyer on the way out. | 出门的时候遇见了Maris的律师 |
[04:53] | And he told us the whole story. | 他告诉了我们整件事的来龙去脉 |
[04:55] | Apparently Maris and Esteban had a fight, | 显然 Maris和Esteban大吵了一架 |
[04:58] | and Maris kicked him out. | Maris把他赶了出去 |
[05:00] | She was trying to calm herself by practicing her | 她试着用练习活人画来稳定情绪 |
[05:02] | tableaux vivant pose with the… with the crossbow, | 摆好姿势 手里握着十字弩 |
[05:05] | which she needs all the practice she can get. | 她使出了全力来练习这个姿势 |
[05:06] | She has terribly weak triceps. Well… | 因为她的三角肌实在太瘦弱 |
[05:10] | all of a sudden, Esteban burst back in | 突然 Esteban从阳台的窗户 |
[05:13] | through the balcony window. | 闯了回来 |
[05:14] | Maris was-was startled to death | Maris被吓了个半死 |
[05:16] | and pulled the trigger in self-defense. | 就扳动了弩机来自卫 |
[05:18] | He was dead before he hit the parquet. | 他掉落到镶木地板之前就已经死了 |
[05:23] | So where is she now? | 那她现在在哪里 |
[05:24] | They’re holding her as a flight risk. | 警察觉得她会跑路 所以把她关起来了 |
[05:26] | Can you imagine? | 你能想象吗 |
[05:27] | Well, it didn’t help that when they found her | 这也难怪 警察找到她的时候 |
[05:28] | she had a passport, a wig and 10,000 dollars in her purse. | 她包里放着护照 假发和一万块现金 |
[05:33] | Maris always has those things in her purse. | Maris一直把这些东西放在包里的 |
[05:35] | Well, you’ve got to admit Niles, it doesn’t look very good. | 但你得承认 Niles 这场面可不像干好事 |
[05:39] | I can’t believe she could have planned this. | 我不信这一切都是她计划好的 |
[05:42] | You do learn something about a woman | 你多少都会对一个女人有所了解 |
[05:43] | when you’ve slept in the room next to hers for 15 years. | 再怎么说你也在她隔壁房间睡了15年 |
[05:50] | Oh, that must be the paper. | 肯定是报纸来了 |
[05:51] | So she just happened to be posing with a loaded crossbow | 她就这么恰好在他闯进来的时候 |
[05:55] | the exact moment he burst in on her? | 拿着上弦的弩练习摆姿势吗 |
[05:56] | And don’t you just know the prosecutor’s gonna try to | 你这不就知道了公诉人会把这 |
[05:59] | twist that into something sinister? | 曲解成什么险恶用心吗 |
[06:02] | Oh, dear. | 天呐 |
[06:03] | It’s on the front page. | 就在头版 |
[06:04] | They don’t mention Niles, do they? | 他们没提到Niles吧 |
[06:06] | Let me see…uh | 我来看看 |
[06:07] | Ah, here we are, yes, uh, | 啊 这里 没错 |
[06:08] | “Maris Crane is believed to have gotten the crossbow | “据传Maris Crane手中的弩 |
[06:11] | from her ex-husband, Dr. Niles Crane, | 来自她的前夫 Niles Crane医生 |
[06:12] | with whom she lunched on the day of the murder.” | 他们在谋杀当日曾共进午餐 |
[06:16] | Is that you and Maris on your honeymoon? | 这是你和Maris蜜月的照片吗 |
[06:17] | Uh, that is the experimental liposuction center in Gstaad. | 那里是格施塔德的抽脂实验中心 |
[06:23] | So, yes. | 所以没错 |
[06:26] | “According to sources, Crane divorced the accused some years ago | “消息称 Crane医生几年前已与嫌疑人离婚 |
[06:29] | to marry her plastic surgeon | 为了跟嫌疑人的整形医生结婚 |
[06:30] | whom he left in order | 随后又抛弃了整形医生 |
[06:33] | to marry…” | 为了和” |
[06:34] | Oh, dear. | 天呐 |
[06:37] | “to marry Daphne Moon, | “为了和Daphne Moon结婚 |
[06:39] | a housekeeper.” Oh, that’s just lovely. | 而她是一名管家” 噢 这可真棒啊 |
[06:41] | Now, now, now, now. | 好了 好了 |
[06:42] | The press is notorious for getting things wrong. | 媒体出了名的喜欢歪曲事实 |
[06:44] | Yes. Niles is right. | 没错 Niles说得很对 |
[06:46] | For-for example, look. Further on here, it-it says, | 比方说 你看这里接着写道 |
[06:49] | “Dr. Crane is the brother of local DJ | “Crane医生是当地电台DJ |
[06:52] | Frazer – with a ‘Z’ – Crane.” | Frazer 还写成了Z Crane的弟弟” |
[06:54] | You just have to laugh these things off. | 这种事你就得一笑而过 |
[06:59] | Well, I can’t laugh. | 我可笑不出来 |
[07:00] | That horrible woman has managed to | 那可恶的女人想方设法 |
[07:01] | slither her way back into our lives. | 溜回我们的生活中瞎搅和 |
[07:03] | No, she is not back in our life. | 不 她不会回到我们的生活中 |
[07:05] | This whole thing is going to blow over in no time. | 这件事情很快就会平息的 |
[07:07] | How can you be so calm? | 你怎么能这么冷静 |
[07:08] | Well, in situations such as this, there are only two ways to react. | 遇到这种情况 只有两种应对方式 |
[07:11] | Either you go to pieces or you stay calm, | 要么抓狂 要么冷静 |
[07:13] | and I’ve chosen to do the latter. | 而我选择后者 |
[07:15] | Bravo, Niles. That’s very healthy. | 很好 Niles 这样的想法很健康 |
[07:17] | Yeah. Well, better go home, son. | 还是回家吧 儿子 |
[07:19] | Get some sleep. You’ve had a long night. | 好好睡一觉 你也熬了一整宿 |
[07:20] | That is a good idea. | 这个主意真好 |
[07:22] | – I’ll call you later. – All right. Thank you. | – 我晚点再打给你 – 好的 谢谢 |
[07:23] | Oh. We have your doctor’s appointment this morning. | 对了 今天早上还约了医生做检查 |
[07:27] | Oh, don’t worry, you don’t have to come. | 别担心 你不去也行 |
[07:28] | Oh? And miss hearing my baby’s heartbeat? | 哦 难道要我错过听宝宝的心跳吗 |
[07:31] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为哦 |
[07:32] | Besides, I’ll be fine. | 再说 我没事 |
[07:33] | Plenty of time to sleep after the baby’s born. | 孩子生下来以后有的是时间睡觉 |
[07:41] | Niles,How you holding up? | Niles 你还好吧 |
[07:43] | Apart from the lack of sleep, I’m all right, | 除了缺乏睡眠 我没什么事 |
[07:46] | although, now that it’s in the news that I provided the crossbow, | 不过 现在新闻都说是我给她的十字弩 |
[07:49] | I can’t go anywhere without people whispering and pointing. | 我走哪儿人们都议论纷纷 指指点点 |
[07:53] | Oh, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[07:55] | Hello? | 喂 |
[07:57] | Hello, Maris. | 你好 Maris |
[08:00] | Oh, I’m-I’m so sorry. | 我真抱歉 |
[08:01] | Yes, that’s awful. | 是 这是很可怕 |
[08:03] | I’ll-I’ll-I’ll do what I can. | 我会尽力而为 |
[08:05] | Yes, all right. | 是 好的 |
[08:07] | Oh, that was Maris. | 哦 Maris打来的 |
[08:08] | Poor thing lost her shoes. | 好可怜 她鞋子没了 |
[08:13] | She put them outside her cell to be polished, and… | 她把鞋子放在牢房外面等着上鞋油 |
[08:18] | someone named Big Judy is holding them for ransom. | 一个叫大Judy的人把鞋扣下跟她要赎金 |
[08:21] | Well, I… | 这个 |
[08:23] | how often does she call you? | 她多久给你打一次电话 |
[08:25] | Uh, more often than you’d think she could being in jail. | 比你以为她能在监狱打电话的次数多多了 |
[08:29] | Hasn’t she made your life hard enough? | 她还嫌没折磨够你吗 |
[08:31] | Oh, I can’t turn my back on her now, Roz. | 我不能这个时候不理她啊 Roz |
[08:33] | She’s literally fighting for her life. | 她可是真的在为生活作斗争 |
[08:36] | Oh, wonderful. | 哦 真行 |
[08:37] | More news vans. | 又来了好多采访车 |
[08:39] | Maybe it’s time I made a statement. | 也许是时候发表声明了 |
[08:41] | Absolutely not, Niles. | 绝对不行 Niles |
[08:42] | That is the worst possible thing you could do. | 这是你能做的事情里 最糟糕的了 |
[08:44] | It would only fan the flames. I’ll tell you what. | 只会火上浇油 我的建议是 |
[08:46] | Why don’t you slip out the back way | 你不如从后门溜走 |
[08:48] | and I will talk to them for you. | 我来替你跟他们说两句 |
[08:50] | Oh, that’s… there’s no need, Frasier | 这 你真的不需要这么做 Frasier |
[08:52] | No, Niles, I insist. | 不 Niles 我坚持这么做 |
[08:53] | I’m used to dealing with these media jackals. | 我已经习惯和这些狗仔们打交道了 |
[08:55] | You have no idea how they can twist your words | 你根本想不到他们如何用编辑技巧什么的 |
[08:57] | with editing tricks and such. All right. | 曲解你的意思 好了 |
[08:59] | – Off you go. – Thank you, Frasier. | – 快走吧 – 谢谢你 Frasier |
[09:01] | Is Niles Crane in here? | Niles Crane在这里吗 |
[09:02] | He is not. | 他不在 |
[09:03] | I will be speaking on his behalf. | 将由我代表他发言 |
[09:06] | Gentlemen, you may roll tape. | 先生们 你们可以开始拍了 |
[09:13] | Good afternoon, Seattle. | 下午好 西雅图 |
[09:14] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane, | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[09:15] | spokesman for the Crane family. | Crane家族的发言人 |
[09:18] | Recent events involving my brother, Niles Crane, and his ex-wife | 最近我弟弟Niles Crane和其前妻卷入 |
[09:23] | are tragic… | 一桩悲剧 |
[09:24] | almost as tragic as the rampant media speculation | 同样悲哀是 媒体妄加无端猜测 |
[09:28] | concerning his involvement. | 他与本案的联系 |
[09:30] | If there is any justice in the world, | 如果世上还有公正 |
[09:33] | Maris Crane and Niles Crane | 那么Maris Crane和Niles Crane |
[09:36] | will soon be executed. Thank you. That is all I have to say. | 将很快被处决 谢谢 我要说的就这么多 |
[09:41] | I said no such thing. | 我没说过这话 |
[09:43] | I did? I did? Excuse me. Excuse me. Come back. | 我说了吗 说了吗 抱歉 不好意思 请回来 |
[09:49] | Maris Crane and Niles Crane | Maris Crane和Niles Crane |
[09:51] | will soon be executed. | 将很快被处决 |
[09:54] | That’s four times in one newscast. | 同一条新闻里这就放了四遍 |
[09:56] | Must be some kind of record. | 肯定破了啥纪录 |
[09:58] | They know I meant “exonerated”. | 他们知道我是在说”释放” |
[10:02] | Oh, Daphne, Niles! | 噢 Daphne Niles |
[10:04] | Listen, I’m, I’m so sorry about today’s little gaffe | 真的太对不起了 我今天有点失态 |
[10:08] | You know what I meant. | 你们明白我的意思的 |
[10:09] | Oh, don’t worry. | 噢 别担心 |
[10:10] | Anyone can make a little slip. | 人人都会不小心口误 |
[10:12] | We know you were only trying to ruin our lives. | 我们知道你只是想毁了我们的生活 |
[10:14] | I mean, help. | 我是说 帮助 |
[10:17] | – Niles, once again, I’m so sorry. – No, no, Frasier, | – Niles 真的太抱歉了 – 不 不 Frasier |
[10:20] | please, it’s all right. | 别道歉了 没关系的 |
[10:21] | I should have talked to them myself. | 本来就应该我自己出面的 |
[10:23] | I hope it’ll be all right | 我希望我们可以 |
[10:25] | if we stay with you for a while. | 和你们暂住一段时间 |
[10:27] | Why? What happened? | 为什么 怎么了 |
[10:28] | Well, since Frasier’s little press conference, | 自从Frasier的新闻发布会之后 |
[10:30] | the media frenzy’s only increased. | 媒体的热情只增不减 |
[10:32] | It’s become a nuisance for our neighbors. | 已经滋扰到我们的邻居了 |
[10:33] | TV crews and news helicopters, | 拍摄团队 新闻直升机 |
[10:35] | plus the entire press corps from Esteban’s hometown in Argentina. | 还有从Esteban阿根廷家乡来的整个记者团 |
[10:40] | Last night some cheeky bloke from the Buenos Aires Herald climbed a tree | 昨晚一个<布宜诺斯艾利斯时报>的无赖爬上树 |
[10:44] | and took a picture of old Mrs Gotschalk in her sitz bath. | 拍了张老Gotschalk夫人坐浴的照片 |
[10:49] | Apparently, the readership of the Herald is mostly lonely gauchos. | 显然这份时报的读者群多是孤独的放牧人 |
[10:54] | You know, Niles, your good cheer in spite of everything | Niles 你这种排除万难的乐观精神 |
[10:57] | is just remarkable. | 实在是太非凡了 |
[10:58] | Well, I’ve chosen not to let it get to me, | 是我选择不受到这件事影响 |
[11:01] | and it hasn’t. | 所以就没影响 |
[11:02] | Of course, much of the credit goes to my Daphne. | 当然 大部分还要归功于我的Daphne |
[11:05] | I-I’m so truly blessed to have such a loving and supportive wife. | 能有这么爱我支持我的妻子 我真有福气 |
[11:10] | She is at once my huggle-bunny and my rock. | 她既是我的抱抱宝宝也是我稳固的大后方 |
[11:13] | I think I might throw up. | 我觉得我要吐了 |
[11:16] | Huggle-bunny was a bit much. | 抱抱宝宝有点肉麻了 |
[11:18] | No, no, my stomach, it’s upset. | 不是 是我的胃 有点不舒服 |
[11:19] | Well, Daphne, can I get you something? | Daphne 要不要来点什么 |
[11:21] | Oh, thank you, Frasier. | 谢谢你 Frasier |
[11:22] | I wouldn’t mind ten years in prison. | 我不介意去监狱蹲十年 |
[11:24] | Oh, I meant crackers. | 哦 我是说饼干 |
[11:33] | Well, I-I guess I deserve that, but, uh, | 我想是我活该 但是 呃 |
[11:37] | may I remind you, I’m a bit of a victim myself.. | 你们记得吗 我也算个受害者 |
[11:41] | as just yesterday I was punched in the face by a man… | 就在昨天 我的脸被人揍了一拳 |
[11:46] | now dead. | 而这人现在死了 |
[11:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:58] | Hello. | 喂 |
[12:00] | Hello… Mmm. | 你好 M |
[12:04] | No, no, I haven’t forgotten. | 不 不 我没忘 |
[12:06] | Yes, I’ll try to get there tomorrow morning. | 我尽量明天早上过去 |
[12:08] | All right, good-bye, Mmm… | 好的 再见 M |
[12:14] | That was Maris, wasn’t it? | Maris的电话 对不对 |
[12:16] | Where will you be tomorrow morning? | 你明天早上要去哪里 |
[12:20] | The jail. I-I-I said I’d try to visit her. | 监狱 我说我尽量去看她 |
[12:22] | Have you lost your bloody mind?! | 你是不是脑子进水啦 |
[12:24] | I have tried to be patient, | 我已经尽量有耐心了 |
[12:26] | but this is too much! | 但这实在太过分了 |
[12:28] | You promised me that woman would be out of our lives. | 你答应过我这女人会从我们的生活中消失 |
[12:30] | Now she’s calling every minute | 现在她又老是打电话给你 |
[12:32] | the papers report as though you two are still married, | 报纸上写得好像你们还结着婚 |
[12:34] | and I can’t even sleep in my own bed! | 我甚至都不能睡在自己的床上 |
[12:36] | I know, darling, b-but you can’t blame me for everything that’s happened | 我知道 亲爱的 但你也不能全都怪我啊 |
[12:39] | The hell I can’t! | 我凭啥不能 |
[12:40] | If you hadn’t snuck off to have lunch with her, | 要是你没偷偷和她吃午饭 |
[12:43] | we never would have been dragged into this, | 我们就不会被卷进这件事 |
[12:44] | and you wouldn’t be sleeping alone on the couch tonight. | 你今晚也不用一个人睡在沙发上 |
[12:47] | But you did, and we were, so you are! | 但你去了 我们被卷进了 你也睡吧 |
[12:51] | I hate that kind of cracker! | 我讨厌那种饼干 |
[12:56] | That was kind of harsh. | 这话还挺伤人 |
[12:58] | I’ll say. | 可不是嘛 |
[12:59] | These are imported from Belgium. | 这可是比利时进口的 |
[13:03] | Poor thing. | 太可怜了 |
[13:04] | She’s overtired and a little hormonal. | 她又累 荷尔蒙又失调 |
[13:06] | I’ll-I’ll go try to talk her into choosing to be calm. | 我去劝她选择平静下来 |
[13:11] | Boy, he’s really holding up well. | 天呐 他真的好撑得住啊 |
[13:14] | A little too well. | 有点太能撑住了 |
[13:16] | I’m starting to fear he’s not dealing with his emotions at all. | 我开始担心他根本没有正视自己的情绪 |
[13:19] | Right. | 没错 |
[13:20] | That’s the whole secret to holding up. | 这可不就是撑住的秘诀嘛 |
[13:23] | Dad, it’s called “repression” and it is not healthy. | 爸 这叫”潜抑” 而且一点也不健康 |
[13:26] | The man is a walking pressure cooker. | 他就是个行走的高压锅 |
[13:29] | It’s his senior year all over again. | 简直就是大四事件重新上演 |
[13:33] | What are you talking about? | 你在说啥呢 |
[13:36] | Oh, that’s right. | 哦 对 |
[13:37] | He swore me to secrecy. | 他让我保密 |
[13:39] | Well… | 就是呢 |
[13:44] | Niles got mono. | Niles得了腺热病 |
[13:45] | He missed four weeks of class, right? | 缺席了四周的课 对吧 |
[13:47] | So, | 所以 |
[13:48] | he was studying around the clock trying to catch up. | 他每时每刻都在学习想要赶上进度 |
[13:52] | Just before finals, his… | 就在期末考之前 他的 |
[13:54] | girlfriend dumped him | 女朋友把他甩了 |
[13:56] | for his roommate. | 和他室友好上了 |
[13:58] | Niles insisted he was just fine right up until the very moment | Niles坚持说他没事 直到他们 |
[14:01] | when they found him in the all-night grocery, sitting in | 发现他在一家通宵超市 坐在 |
[14:03] | a freezer bin, | 冰柜里面 |
[14:05] | talking to a bag of frozen corn… | 对着一包速冻玉米粒 |
[14:08] | whispering, | 嘟囔着 |
[14:09] | “Why so cold, my love?” | “吾爱为何如此寒冷” |
[14:15] | All calm. | 终于冷静了 |
[14:22] | Want me to help you make up the couch? | 要我帮你在沙发上铺床吗 |
[14:24] | No, no. I can manage. | 不 不 我可以的 |
[14:26] | Okay. Well, I think I’ll hit the rack, too | 好吧 我想我也该睡了 |
[14:30] | Sherry, Niles? | 来杯雪利酒吗 Niles |
[14:31] | Oh, how lovely. | 噢 真棒 |
[14:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:35] | To the balcony? | 去阳台吧 |
[14:37] | Mm, after you. | 你先请 |
[14:42] | Niles Niles, | |
[14:43] | while I admire your initial fortitude, | 虽然我敬佩你起初的坚强 |
[14:46] | I can’t help thinking you may have taken things to | 但我也担心你可能把事情 |
[14:48] | extremes. | 极端化了 |
[14:50] | As you know, | 你也知道 |
[14:52] | it can be dangerous to repress one’s emotions. | 抑制一个人的情绪是很危险的 |
[14:54] | Ah, true, but there is no way of weathering | 没错 但在处理这种情况时 |
[14:56] | a situation like this | 你不得不 |
[14:57] | without a certain degree of detachment. | 在一定程度上抽离自己 |
[14:59] | Are you sure you’re not too detached? | 你确定你没有抽离太多 |
[15:01] | Oh, nonsense. | 噢 胡说八道 |
[15:02] | Everything’s under control. | 一切都在掌握中 |
[15:04] | Oh, look at that. | 看那里 |
[15:06] | What in the hell?! | 这是什么鬼东西 |
[15:08] | Just a news chopper! | 就是台新闻直升机 |
[15:10] | Pay it no mind! | 不用在意 |
[15:11] | That doesn’t bother you?! | 这居然都烦不到你吗 |
[15:13] | You get used to it! | 你会习惯的 |
[15:15] | Oh, for heaven’s sake! | 天呐 |
[15:17] | Get inside! | 进去吧 |
[15:21] | You should be ashamed of yourselves. | 你们该为自己脸红 |
[15:23] | You know perfectly well I meant “Exonerated”! | 你们很清楚 我说的是”释放” |
[15:31] | Hello, Roz. | 你好 Roz |
[15:32] | Hi, Niles. | 你好 Niles |
[15:34] | A cappuccino, please. And one for him. | 一杯卡布奇诺 给他也来杯 |
[15:36] | You don’t look so good. | 你怎么脸色那么差 |
[15:37] | I didn’t get much sleep last night again. | 我昨晚又没怎么睡好 |
[15:40] | I’m surprised you’re here after yesterday. | 昨天那事之后你居然还敢来这里 |
[15:43] | I refuse to be cowed into changing my routine. | 我才不会为此改变自己的生活习惯 |
[15:45] | Let me get this. | 我来付好了 |
[15:46] | I have my coffee, I go to work. | 我喝我的咖啡 上我的班 |
[15:49] | Of course, all my patients want to talk about is Maris. | 当然我的病人们现在都想谈Maris |
[15:51] | Esteban’s crazed brother left me a message, saying | Esteban疯狂的兄弟还给我留言 |
[15:54] | I owe some sort of blood debt. | 说要血债血偿 |
[15:57] | Some days it just doesn’t pay to get off the sofa. | 有些日子真的不值得从沙发上起来 |
[16:01] | You’ve had it pretty rough. | 这日子过得真辛苦 |
[16:03] | What are my choices? | 我还有什么选择呢 |
[16:04] | I can go to pieces, or I can bear up | 要么抓狂 要么坚持住 |
[16:06] | and live my normal life. | 过我自己的正常生活 |
[16:08] | Can I get a straw, please? | 请给我根搅拌棒 |
[16:09] | Oh, sorry, sir, that was the last one. | 很抱歉先生 那是我们最后一根 |
[16:15] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[16:19] | The last straw. | 最后一根(稻草) |
[16:24] | Gosh, is it warm in here? | 天呐 这里是不是太热了 |
[16:26] | It is. It is. It’s warm in here. | 没错 没错 这里真的很热 |
[16:29] | Oh, it’s suffocating. | 要透不过气了 |
[16:30] | That’s better. | 这样好多了 |
[16:31] | I’ll get you a straw, Niles. | 我再去帮你拿根好了 Niles |
[16:33] | Do you need a straw? | 你还要搅拌棒吧 |
[16:33] | No, no, no. You heard her. | 不不不 你也听到了 |
[16:35] | There are no more straws. | 没有搅拌棒了 |
[16:36] | Oh, that feels so much better. | 这样感觉好太多了 |
[16:41] | Oh, everything was just so tight before. Aah! | 以前一切都太憋屈了 啊 |
[16:45] | Yes! Oh! | 没错 哦 |
[16:48] | Coffee shop without straws? | 没有搅拌棒的咖啡店 |
[16:53] | It makes no sense. | 这不科学 |
[16:56] | You can borrow my straw, see? | 你可以用我的 行吗 |
[16:58] | Oh, this is great. | 这太棒了 |
[17:00] | I was being smothered. | 我以前一直被掐住脖子 |
[17:02] | Oh, I can breathe! | 现在我终于能呼吸了 |
[17:03] | I don’t know how you stand it. | 真不知道你是怎么忍过来的 |
[17:07] | Hello, Frasier? It’s me. | 喂 Frasier 是我 |
[17:09] | How close are you to the cafe? | 你离咖啡店有多远 |
[17:12] | All right, well, hurry up and park, | 好 快点停车过来 |
[17:14] | because Niles is almost completely… | 因为Niles已经几乎完全 |
[17:18] | Niles is completely naked. | Niles完全脱光了 |
[17:24] | Oh… Niles. | 哦 Niles |
[17:29] | I’m calling the cops. | 我要报警了 |
[17:31] | The hell you are. | 我看你敢 |
[17:32] | This man’s tips alone have probably paid for | 光他的小费就够你买 |
[17:34] | all the pot you’ll ever smoke. | 这辈子要抽的所有大麻了 |
[17:37] | Just back off, cowboy. | 别轻举妄动 兔崽子 |
[17:38] | And that goes for the rest of you, too. | 你们其他人也是一样 |
[17:51] | Hello, Niles. | 你好 Niles |
[17:52] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[17:56] | What’s going on? | 有什么新闻吗 |
[17:57] | Heat wave in Texas. | 热浪席卷德克萨斯州 |
[18:01] | Well, Niles, maybe you should, uh, | Niles 也许你应该 |
[18:04] | put some clothes on. | 穿点衣服 |
[18:06] | Nah. | 不要 |
[18:09] | No. No, too much. Too much on me. | 不不 太多了 我穿太多了 |
[18:10] | I’m feeling very constricted. | 我觉得要被压扁了 |
[18:12] | I’m fine now. Don’t touch me. | 我现在没事了 别碰我 |
[18:15] | Niles Niles, | |
[18:17] | look at yourself. | 看看你自己 |
[18:19] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[18:24] | I think I’m having that dream where I’m naked in Nervosa. | 我觉得我在做那个我在咖啡店全裸的梦 |
[18:29] | I think a lot of people are having that dream. | 我想很多人都在做这个梦 |
[18:34] | We have to go now, Niles. | 我们得走了 Niles |
[18:35] | But… | 但是 |
[18:37] | you’re not getting in my car like that. | 你不准这么就坐进我的车 |
[18:40] | Is he okay? | 他没事吧 |
[18:42] | It’s just a-a panic attack. | 就是焦虑症发作了 |
[18:43] | It’s happened before, but | 之前也发生过 |
[18:44] | he’s never been | 但他之前还没 |
[18:46] | quite this close to | 这么接近 |
[18:47] | butterfly-net territory. | 破茧成蝶这样 |
[18:51] | May I have your apron, please? | 麻烦能借我个围裙吗 |
[18:53] | And-and yours? | 还有你的 |
[18:56] | All right, Niles, | 好了 Niles |
[18:58] | I’m gonna wrap you up like a | 我要把你包成一个 |
[18:59] | big, green Christmas present. | 大绿色圣诞礼物 |
[19:01] | You like Christmas, don’t you? | 你喜欢圣诞节的 对不对 |
[19:02] | There we are. | 就这么来 |
[19:05] | Okay, listen up. | 行了 听着 |
[19:07] | Me and my friends are going to back out of here, | 我和我的朋友们要从这里走了 |
[19:10] | nice and easy. | 安静 简单 |
[19:11] | As far as any of you are concerned, | 就你们任何一人所知 |
[19:13] | this never happened. | 啥都没有发生过 |
[19:14] | And if any of you decide to be a hero and call the police, | 你们要是谁想逞英雄报警 |
[19:18] | trust me, | 相信我 |
[19:19] | I will find you. | 我会找到你的 |
[19:22] | Oh, Roz, that was persuasive. | Roz 你可真有说服力 |
[19:24] | Well, there’s nothing worse than waking up naked | 没什么比一觉醒来 赤身裸体 |
[19:26] | with a bunch of cops standing around. | 周围还满是警察更可怕了吧 |
[19:28] | I bet. | 我猜的 |
[19:32] | Well, there he is! | 看看谁来啦 |
[19:33] | Rise and shine, lazybones. | 太阳都要晒屁股啦 懒虫 |
[19:35] | I’m surprised it’s still light out. | 我很意外现在天还亮着 |
[19:36] | I thought it would be dark by now. | 我以为现在应该是晚上了 |
[19:38] | Well, it was already. | 晚上已经过了 |
[19:39] | You’ve been asleep for 20 hours. | 你睡了快20个小时 |
[19:41] | Oh, well, I guess I needed it. | 噢 我想我需要多睡会儿 |
[19:43] | So how are you feeling? | 现在感觉怎么样 |
[19:44] | Oh, much better. | 好多了 |
[19:45] | Frasier Frasier, | |
[19:47] | I’m so sorry I embarrassed you. | 真抱歉给你丢脸了 |
[19:49] | Niles, you didn’t embarrass me one bit. | Niles 你一点也没给我丢人 |
[19:51] | Well, maybe… maybe just a little. | 呃 可能 有那么一点 |
[19:54] | On our way to the car, | 我们上车的时候 |
[19:56] | a breeze from a passing school bus | 一辆校车经过 卷起一阵风 |
[19:57] | turned your apron into a cape and… | 把你的围裙荡成了斗篷 |
[20:04] | Hello? | 喂 |
[20:07] | It’s Maris. | 是Maris |
[20:09] | You don’t have to take this. | 你不用接的 |
[20:11] | No, I really should. | 不 我得接 |
[20:15] | Hello, Maris. | 你好 Maris |
[20:17] | Yes, yes, listen, | 没错 没错 听着 |
[20:18] | there’s something I-I want to say… | 我有些话想说 |
[20:20] | Yes, but… | 没错 但是 |
[20:22] | Well, of course, you’re alone! | 你当然孤身一人 |
[20:24] | You’re alone because you killed your boyfriend! | 你孤身一人是因为你杀了你男朋友 |
[20:29] | Now, I am on your side, but there is a limit | 我是站在你这边的 但万事都有限度 |
[20:32] | because I have a wonderful, pregnant wife. | 因为我有个美丽的妻子还挺着大肚子 |
[20:34] | And as far as my attention is concerned, | 对于我来说 |
[20:36] | she comes first, always. | 她永远是最重要的 |
[20:38] | I will help you through this, | 我会帮你渡过难关 |
[20:40] | but now you have to help me | 但你得先帮我 |
[20:42] | by saying good-bye. | 说再见 |
[20:43] | No. No. No. What do you have to say? | 不不不 你该说什么 |
[20:45] | Yes, good-bye. | 对了 再见 |
[20:49] | Now there’s the Niles that’s been missing in action. | 现在这才是Niles早就该做的事 |
[20:51] | Thanks for what you said about me. | 谢谢你刚才对我的赞美 |
[20:53] | Though I haven’t been completely wonderful. | 不过我也没有那么棒吧 |
[20:55] | No, you’ve been irritable and you made me sleep on a couch. | 是的 你很容易生气还让我睡沙发 |
[20:59] | That’s the stuff, Niles. | 就是这样 Niles |
[21:01] | Doesn’t it feel good to get it off your chest? | 有话就直说是不是感觉很舒服 |
[21:02] | Oh, stuff it, Mr. Malaprop. | 你还真没少说 马勒普先生 |
[21:06] | Family spokesman. | 还说什么家族发言人 |
[21:08] | The Manson family should have a spokesman like you. | 你该去当曼森家族的发言人 |
[21:13] | He’s really getting the hang of this, isn’t he? | 他还真是越来越开窍了 是不是 |
[21:15] | And you. | 还有你 |
[21:16] | I’d have been home from that jail an hour earlier | 我本来可以早一个小时到家 |
[21:18] | if you hadn’t convinced your buddies to let you | 可你偏偏说服老朋友们 让你 |
[21:20] | squeeze off a few rounds into a Dumpster. | 抓紧时间玩几轮垃圾桶投篮 |
[21:23] | You kept him waiting while I was at home worried sick? | 我在家里担心的不行 你还让他一直等 |
[21:26] | I was doing him a favor. | 我这是在帮他 |
[21:27] | Keeping him away from you and your hormones. | 帮他远离你和你的荷尔蒙 |
[21:29] | Oh, some favor. | 真是帮大忙了 |
[21:31] | Making me stay with Frasier. | 让我和Frasier待在一起 |
[21:32] | He made me do housework. | 他还逼我干家务呢 |
[21:33] | I’d forgotten that until this moment. | 我刚才都没想起来 |
[21:35] | You made her do housework?! | 你居然逼她做家务 |
[21:37] | A pregnant woman? That’s pretty low. | 她怀着孕呢 你也太没品了 |
[21:39] | Oh, fine! Fine! | 好了 好了 |
[21:42] | Turn your anger on me! | 向我开炮好了 |
[21:45] | It’s almost as if you’d forgotten that not | 你们是不是都忘了 |
[21:47] | three days ago, | 仅仅在三天之前 |
[21:51] | I was punched in the face by a man now dead. | 我的脸被现在已经死了的人揍了一拳 |
[21:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:02] | Now who wants pancakes? | 好 谁想要来点煎饼吗 |