时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Oh, Niles, thank God you came quickly. | Niles 谢天谢地你赶来了 |
[00:20] | I’ve been going mad. | 我快急疯了 |
[00:21] | This better be a real emergency, Frasier. | 最好真有急事儿 Frasier |
[00:23] | You pulled me away from the Gifted Infant’s Toy Expo. | 我可是被你从天才儿童玩具展会上拖出来的 |
[00:27] | Yes, yes, so you missed out on buying | 是 是 你没买到 |
[00:28] | a Tickle Me Tolstoy doll. | 托尔斯泰挠痒娃娃都怪我 |
[00:30] | Niles, my problem is more important than that. | Niles 我的问题比那玩意儿重要多了 |
[00:32] | You see, I’ve… | 听着 我 |
[00:34] | Oh, dear God! | 真要命 |
[00:36] | Niles, I’ve committed a crime. | Niles 我犯罪了 |
[00:38] | Don’t tell me… | 难道你 |
[00:39] | you forgot to send the Opera Board a thank you note | 忘了给剧院董事会写信 |
[00:41] | for the Christmas brickle. | 感谢他们的圣诞脆饼 |
[00:43] | By God, man, it’s a real crime . | 老天有眼 我真的犯罪了 |
[00:46] | Punishable by law! | 会受到法律制裁的 |
[00:51] | By law? | 法律 |
[00:52] | Of the United States of America. | 美利坚合众国的法律 |
[00:58] | Heavens, what have you done? | 天哪 你到底做了什么 |
[01:00] | I’ll tell you. | 我会告诉你的 |
[01:02] | But before you judge me, Niles, please, | 但是在你批判我之前 Niles 拜托你 |
[01:04] | remember how much stress I’ve been under lately . | 想想我最近承受了多么大的压力 |
[01:06] | Of course. | 我会的 |
[01:08] | Tell me everything. Leave nothing out. | 告诉我吧 毫无保留地全盘托出吧 |
[01:10] | All right… It was a dark and stormy day… | 好 那是一个月黑风高的夜晚 |
[01:13] | You can leave that out. | 这就不用说了 |
[01:16] | All right. | 好吧 |
[01:18] | It was an average day, | 那天挺平常的 |
[01:19] | marred only by a persistent cough, | 只是我一直咳嗽 |
[01:21] | caused by a barista’s over-nutmegging my machiatto. | 都怪做咖啡的往我的玛奇朵里加的肉豆蔻太多了 |
[01:25] | Go ahead, Babette. | 请说 Babette |
[01:26] | What can I do for you? | 我能为你做点什么呢 |
[01:28] | Well, Dr. Crane, for about a year now, I’ve been… stealing. | Crane医生 差不多一年以来 我一直在偷东西 |
[01:33] | I get these uncontrollable urges to take things. | 我就是控制不住顺东西的欲望 |
[01:36] | Such as? | 比如顺什么 |
[01:38] | All kinds of things. | 什么都顺 |
[01:39] | Magazines from stores, | 店里的杂志 |
[01:41] | a friend’s sunglasses. | 朋友的太阳镜 |
[01:43] | Things I don’t even want. | 连我根本不想要的我也顺 |
[01:44] | I see, um… Go on. | 我明白了 请继续 |
[01:47] | It’s just so unlike me. | 我完全不是这样的人 |
[01:49] | I mean, my friends think I’m dull. | 我朋友觉得我很无聊 |
[01:50] | They all say, “Babette, you’re like an old shoe. “ | 他们都说 “Babette 你就像只旧鞋” |
[01:53] | But stealing is so exciting. | 但是偷东西好刺激 |
[01:55] | It’s really the only time I feel alive. | 只有在偷东西的时候我才有活着的实感 |
[01:58] | Well, it sounds to me like you have a classic case | 在我看来 你有典型的 |
[02:00] | of klepto–… | 盗 |
[02:01] | klepto–… | 盗 |
[02:04] | Kleptomania. | 盗窃癖 |
[02:06] | Hi, Babette. This is Roz. | 你好 Babette 我是Roz |
[02:07] | And if Dr. Crane weren’t hacking up a hairball, | 如果Crane医生没被毛团卡住 |
[02:11] | I’m sure he would tell you | 我保证他会告诉你 |
[02:12] | that this thrill you get from stealing | 你从偷窃中得到的快感 |
[02:14] | makes up for an emptiness in your life. | 填补了你生活上的空白 |
[02:17] | That’s the problem you really need to address. | 这才是你真正要解决的问题 |
[02:19] | So, you should seek counseling | 所以 你应该咨询医生 |
[02:21] | or at least find a support group. | 或者至少加入互助小组 |
[02:23] | Yes, and may I add… | 没错 我能再补充 |
[02:25] | She’s gone and we’re out of time. | 她挂了 我们没时间了 |
[02:27] | Well, then, this is Dr. Frasier Crane | 好吧 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[02:29] | saying “Good day, Seattle, and good mental health. “ | 再见 西雅图 祝大家身心安康 |
[02:32] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[02:33] | I haven’t heard so much coughing | 自我在雷鬼音乐节后台以来 |
[02:34] | since I was backstage at Reggae Sunsplash. | 我就没听过这么多咳嗽声了 |
[02:38] | Well… … I’m fine, Roz. | 我还好 Roz |
[02:39] | Thank you, thank you so much. | 谢谢 多谢你 |
[02:40] | Your advice was spot on. | 你的建议说得很准确 |
[02:42] | It should be. | 应该的 |
[02:42] | I’ve heard you say the same stuff for ten years now. | 我都听你说一样的内容听了十年了 |
[02:45] | “Confront your emotions, ” “Communicate, “ | “直面你的情绪” “多多交流” |
[02:48] | “Seek counseling. “ | “主动咨询医生” |
[02:49] | I didn’t realize my advice had become so predictable. | 没想到我的建议变得这么容易预测了 |
[02:52] | Well, it’s not your fault | 也不怪你啦 |
[02:53] | everyone calls with the same dumb-ass problems. | 来电的人总是提同样的蠢问题 |
[02:57] | They’re not the same problems. | 才不是一样的问题 |
[02:59] | What about that caller last week– | 上周那个来电者 |
[03:00] | the sleepwalking transvestite | 那个梦游异装癖 |
[03:02] | that kept breaking off his heels on sewer grates? | 每次走到阴井盖就扭脚的 |
[03:06] | I remember him. | 我记得他 |
[03:07] | You told him to seek counseling. | 你让他主动咨询医生 |
[03:08] | Yes, I also told him to wear flats. | 对 我还告诉他穿平底鞋 |
[03:13] | Oh, oh, did Maintenance remember | 哦哦 修理工还记得 |
[03:14] | to bring me that hammer I asked for? | 把我要的锤子拿来吗 |
[03:15] | Oh, yeah, right here. | 恩恩 在这儿 |
[03:16] | What do you need it for? | 你要锤子干嘛 |
[03:17] | Some imbecile’s been parking in my spot | 有个傻逼老把车停在我的车位 |
[03:19] | despite several strongly worded notes | 我明明都在他的挡风玻璃上 |
[03:20] | I have left on his windshield. | 留了好几张言辞激烈的纸条了 |
[03:22] | The time has come for me to take matters into my own hands. | 是时候该我亲自动手解决了 |
[03:24] | My God, Frasier, so that’s what you did. | 天哪 Frasier 这就是你犯的罪 |
[03:26] | In an uncontrollable rage | 你怒发冲冠 |
[03:27] | over the commandeering of your parking space, | 就因为你对车位的占有欲 |
[03:29] | you took hammer to car. | 抄起家伙 向车走去 |
[03:30] | You are a vandal. | 你这个破坏分子 |
[03:39] | It was nothing like that. | 你脑洞太大了 |
[03:42] | My reserved sign was a-dangle. | 我车位的预留牌歪了 |
[03:45] | I used the hammer to tack it back up. | 要用锤子重新钉一下 |
[03:50] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[03:51] | I didn’t realize this spot was reserved. | 我不知道这个位置已经被预定了 |
[03:53] | So all those notes that I left… | 所以说我留的所有的纸条 |
[03:57] | must have… | 肯定都 |
[03:58] | blown away. Hello. | 被吹跑了 你好 |
[04:01] | I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[04:03] | Yes. | 我知道 |
[04:04] | So you know my show. | 那你知道我的节目咯 |
[04:05] | It’s on your sign. | 你的标牌上写着呢 |
[04:08] | Willa Haver. | 我是Willa Haver |
[04:09] | I’m so sorry. | 真是抱歉 |
[04:10] | My assigned spot is on the roof, and with the rain… | 分给我的停车位在户外 但外面在下雨 |
[04:12] | Oh, no, no, it’s perfectly understandable. | 没事没事 完全理解 |
[04:14] | And now that I know that this is your Audi, | 既然我知道这辆奥迪是你的了 |
[04:17] | let me be the first to say, “Audi, neighbor. “ | 请容我第一个对你说”好啊 邻居” |
[04:22] | And that’s when | 就是那时 |
[04:23] | she took the hammer and put you out of your misery. | 她拿走了你的锤子 带你走出阴霾 |
[04:26] | That would have been preferable. | 真是那样就好了 |
[04:29] | You know, perhaps in the spirit of detente, | 为了缓和一下气氛 |
[04:31] | I… I could, uh, buy you some coffee. | 或许我该请你喝杯咖啡 |
[04:33] | Oh, well, that is so sweet of you, | 你真好 |
[04:36] | but I can’t right now. | 但是我现在不行 |
[04:38] | Well, perhaps tomorrow. | 那明天呢 |
[04:39] | Uh, no, tomorrow’s no good either. | 明天也不成 |
[04:41] | Next week, perhaps? | 那下周如何 |
[04:42] | Next week I’ll be out of town. | 下周我要出差 |
[04:45] | You know, I’m not sure | 我不确定 |
[04:47] | if we’re having a devil of a time | 到底是有个时间恶魔 |
[04:48] | coordinating our schedules | 给我们安排行程 |
[04:49] | or if you’re giving me a polite brush-off. | 还是你在委婉地拒绝我呢 |
[04:55] | Okay. Now I’m sure. | 好吧 现在确定了 |
[05:08] | My morning’s travails aside, Niles, | 抛开清晨的痛楚不说 Niles |
[05:10] | you’ll be happy to know | 跟你说点开心的 |
[05:10] | I didn’t strike out with every woman | 我并没被今天 |
[05:12] | I encountered today. | 遇到的每一位女士拒绝 |
[05:13] | Frasier Frasier, | |
[05:15] | I heard the elevator and I thought, | 我听到电梯的声音就觉得 |
[05:17] | “I bet that’s Frasier,”‘ and it is. | “肯定是Frasier” 还真是 |
[05:19] | How are you, Mrs. Magrini? | 你好啊 Magrini女士 |
[05:20] | Oh, just grand | 言重了 |
[05:21] | and how many times do I have to ask you to call me Opal? | 都和你说多少次了 叫我Opal就行 |
[05:24] | You make me feel like an old woman. | 你那样叫我 我觉得自己好老哦 |
[05:27] | Opal, then. | 那就叫Opal |
[05:28] | Lovely to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[05:29] | Some weather. | 这什么天啊 |
[05:32] | Yes, it’s just awful. | 是啊 太糟了 |
[05:34] | It’s blowing a gale. | 简直要把人吹跑了 |
[05:37] | Yes, it’s quite a storm. | 是啊 风真大 |
[05:39] | And colder than a well-digger’s wallet. | 简直冻死个人了 |
[05:44] | Yes, that’s quite apt. | 是啊 很贴切 |
[05:46] | I wonder if I could ask a favor. | 我在想能请你帮个忙吗 |
[05:49] | I know you’re probably as busy as an ant farm, | 我知道你可能忙得跟蚂蚁一样 |
[05:52] | but do you think you could change a light bulb for me? | 但不知你能不能帮人家换个灯泡呢 |
[05:56] | The last time I tried, | 上次我试着换来着 |
[05:57] | I fell off the ladder and I lay on my back like… | 结果从梯子上摔下来 在地上躺了大概(像) |
[06:01] | Like a helpless turtle? | 像个无助的乌龟吗 |
[06:04] | No, like a half hour, till the ambulance came. | 不是 大概半个小时 直到救护车到 |
[06:10] | Well, um, let me just get out of these wet shoes | 好吧 我把湿了的鞋换了 |
[06:14] | and I’ll be right over. | 就马上过去 |
[06:15] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[06:16] | I’ll make some tea and cookies. | 我泡点茶 做点饼干 |
[06:17] | We always have such lively conversations. | 我们总能聊得兴致勃勃 |
[06:21] | Yes, we’re reviving a lost art. | 是啊 遗失的艺术都要复活了 |
[06:26] | Hey, Fras. | 嘿 Fras |
[06:28] | Some weather, huh? | 这什么天啊 |
[06:31] | Yes, it’s raining. | 是啊 在下雨 |
[06:32] | I’ve just gone over that with Mrs. Magrini. | 我刚和Magrini女士聊完这个 |
[06:34] | Hey, come look at these pictures from our engagement party. | 快过来看我们在订婚宴会上拍的照片 |
[06:37] | Yeah, that camera you gave me is terrific. | 你给我的相机太棒了 |
[06:41] | What, is that the camera I gave you ten years ago? | 什么 我十年前给你的那个吗 |
[06:44] | I can’t believe you’ve never used it before. | 我真不敢相信你之前从来没用过 |
[06:46] | Shows you what you know. | 这么跟你说吧 |
[06:47] | Turns out half the shots on this roll | 这卷胶卷里一半的照片 |
[06:49] | were taken the night you gave it to me. | 都是你给我相机那晚拍的 |
[06:52] | Niles, come and look at these old pictures. | Niles 过来看看这些老照片 |
[06:53] | Yes, and then we all looked at the pictures. | 没错 然后我们都看起了照片 |
[06:56] | I remember it as if it were four hours ago. | 我记得好像就四个小时之前 |
[06:58] | I am coming to my point. | 我马上就要说到重点了 |
[07:01] | Martin, look at you– | Martin 你看看你 |
[07:02] | sitting in your chair, all sour and grumpy. | 坐在懒人椅上 一脸的不乐意 |
[07:05] | You must be drunk in this picture, Niles. | 这张照片里你喝醉了吧 Niles |
[07:07] | You got your arm around a floor lamp. | 还搂着落地灯 |
[07:09] | Oh, no, that’s Maris is in her Easter hat. | 不是的 那个是戴着复活节帽子的Maris |
[07:15] | Why are you all hunched over in this one? | 这张里你怎么弯腰驼背的 |
[07:18] | You were looking at my bum, weren’t you? | 你在偷看我的屁股 对不对 |
[07:21] | Oh, heavens, no… | 瞎说什么呢 |
[07:22] | It’s all right, Niles. | 没关系啦 Niles |
[07:23] | We’re married now. | 我们都结婚了 |
[07:25] | All right, yes. | 好吧 没错 |
[07:28] | I might once, in a moment of weakness, | 我可能有那么一次 难抵欲望 |
[07:30] | have permitted myself a fleeting glance. | 允许自己偷偷地瞄了一眼 |
[07:33] | Or twice. | 或者两次 |
[07:36] | Many, many times. | 很多 很多次 |
[07:39] | It’s all about the rear with you, isn’t it? | 你只在乎臀部对吧 |
[07:41] | Darling, let’s not… | 亲爱的 我们别 |
[07:42] | Seriously, what color are my eyes? | 讲真的 我的眼睛是什么颜色 |
[07:44] | You’re looking at it again, aren’t you? | 你又在看那里了没错吧 |
[07:45] | No, I… | 才没 我 |
[07:47] | Boy, you look at these pictures | 天哪 看着这些照片 |
[07:49] | and you really see how far we’ve all come | 就明白我们都经历了多少 |
[07:50] | Oh, I’ll say. | 我倒觉得啊 |
[07:51] | You were such an old sourpuss, and you were the Crypt Keeper. | 你以前是个整天绷着脸的老头 你以前像地窖守卫 |
[07:55] | And you, well… | 至于你 |
[07:58] | God, you haven’t changed a bit. | 老天啊 你一点儿没变 |
[08:01] | You’re even wearing the same jacket | 连穿的外套都 |
[08:03] | that you wore in this picture. | 和这张照片里的一模一样 |
[08:04] | It’s hardly the same. I’ve had it relined. | 完全不一样 我换过内衬了 |
[08:07] | I don’t mind telling you , Niles, | 我要提醒你 Niles |
[08:08] | what happened next was particularly galling. | 接下来发生的事 令人异常焦躁 |
[08:10] | I remember exactly what happened, | 我很清楚地记得接下来的事 |
[08:12] | and I haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about. | 还是不明白你到底想说什么 |
[08:14] | Our lives are so complete. | 我们的人生如此圆满 |
[08:16] | We really are lucky. | 我们真的很幸运 |
[08:17] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[08:18] | That’s not how it happened at all. | 那才不是接下来的事 |
[08:22] | Our lives are so complete. | 我们的人生如此圆满 |
[08:24] | We really are lucky. | 我们真的很幸运 |
[08:30] | Well, come on, Niles. | 走吧 Niles |
[08:32] | We should be heading off to the baby show. | 我们要去婴儿秀了 |
[08:33] | If we’re lucky, we might get a lead on a nanny. | 运气好的话 我们还能先选保姆 |
[08:36] | Oh, well, there are ads in the back of that Seattle Weekly. | 西雅图周刊背面有广告啊 |
[08:39] | Just make sure you look in the right section. | 但要确定看对板块 |
[08:41] | If she says that she’s got her own toys | 要是她说她有自己的玩具 |
[08:43] | and is willing to spank, she may not be a nanny. | 还喜欢打屁股 很可能并不是保姆 |
[08:46] | Don’t tell me | 别告诉我 |
[08:47] | in your desperation over being | 你满怀绝望 |
[08:48] | the only Crane man not to find love, | 因为自己是Crane家唯一没找到真爱的人 |
[08:50] | you picked up that paper and did the unthinkable. | 于是拿起报纸 做了不可描述的事情 |
[08:54] | Tawny LaRue, I presume. | 是Tawny LaRue吧 我猜 |
[08:56] | I did no such thing, you nit. | 才没有 你个小人 |
[08:57] | And I am telling this story. | 我还没说完呢 |
[09:00] | Very slowly. | 也太慢了 |
[09:02] | I’m beginning to think you didn’t do anything. | 我都要开始想 其实你什么也没干了 |
[09:03] | All right, I’m getting to it. | 好啦 我快说到了 |
[09:05] | As you recall, I promised to change my neighbor’s light bulb. | 你记得吧 我说过要去给邻居换灯泡的 |
[09:10] | Here we are. | 做好啦 |
[09:11] | I was just admiring your bust. | 我在欣赏你的半身像(胸部) |
[09:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢哦 |
[09:16] | Might look nice a little higher. | 要是再高一点就更好看了 |
[09:19] | It might look nice a lot higher, | 要高得多才好看 |
[09:22] | but heck, I’m 83. | 不过拉倒吧 我都83了 |
[09:25] | Anyway, I can’t thank you enough | 不管怎么说 真的太感谢你 |
[09:27] | for coming to my rescue. | 来帮我忙了 |
[09:29] | Yes, it’s lucky you ran into me in the hall. | 是啊 幸好你在走廊里碰到了我 |
[09:31] | Oh, I knew that would be you coming out of the elevator. | 我知道是你从电梯里出来 |
[09:34] | If there’s one thing I can count on, | 要说真有什么是靠得住的 |
[09:36] | it’s old Frasier’s routine, | 那就是老Frasier的日常了 |
[09:38] | unchanging as Granddad’s whiskers. | 一成不变 就像老爷爷的络腮胡子 |
[09:42] | There’s old Frasier off to work. | 老Frasier上班去了 |
[09:45] | There’s old Frasier coming home. | 老Fraiser回家了 |
[09:47] | There’s old Frasier off to work. | 老Frasier上班了 |
[09:49] | There’s old Frasier… | 老Frasier |
[09:50] | Yes, old Frasier gets the idea. | 是是是 老Frasier懂你的意思了 |
[09:53] | That’s why I gave you my spare key. | 所以我才把备用钥匙给你的 |
[09:55] | I knew if there was ever an emergency, | 我知道一旦发生紧急事件 |
[09:57] | I could count on you. | 你总靠得住 |
[10:00] | we should have our tea. | 我们该喝茶啦 |
[10:02] | My date’s picking me up in 20 minutes. | 我对象20分钟之内来接我 |
[10:07] | How marvelous. You’re still dating. | 好棒啊 您还在和人交往呢 |
[10:08] | Well, I think an active social life keeps you young. | 我觉得积极的社交生活让人永葆青春 |
[10:12] | So, what are you doing this evening? | 那你今晚做什么呢 |
[10:14] | I thought I’d stay in with a good book. | 我想我会在家看本好书 |
[10:16] | Ah, isn’t that nice? | 那也很好啊 |
[10:20] | How you’re so cozy in your routine. | 过自己的日常生活多安稳啊 |
[10:23] | You’re like an old shoe, Frasier. | 你就像只旧鞋 Frasier |
[10:27] | That’s when I snapped. | 就是那时 我崩溃了 |
[10:29] | You didn’t. | 不会吧你 |
[10:30] | You bludgeoned her horribly with that bust! | 你用半身像狠狠地砸了她 |
[10:33] | No, you insane twit! | 不是 你个疯崽子 |
[10:36] | You’re like an old shoe, Frasier. | 你就像个旧鞋 Fraiser |
[10:37] | Now, come have some tea. | 来喝点茶吧 |
[10:39] | I suddenly flashed on my caller Babette. | 我突然想起了来电者Babette |
[10:41] | Before I knew what I was doing, | 在我意识到自己在做什么之前 |
[10:42] | I impulsively pocketed | 我一时冲动 |
[10:43] | something that belonged to her. | 把她的东西放进了自己的口袋 |
[10:46] | I stole, Niles. | 我偷了东西 Niles |
[10:48] | Like some craven thief. | 像个胆小的小偷 |
[10:50] | and I’ve never felt more alive | 我从来没觉得这么朝气蓬勃 |
[11:01] | You can’t imagine the thrill I felt | 你无法想象我激动的心情 |
[11:03] | as I sat there sipping her inferior tea | 我坐那儿喝着她泡的劣质茶 |
[11:05] | and eating her excellent cookies, | 吃着美味的小饼干 |
[11:08] | all the while… | 突然间 |
[11:10] | fingering the stolen object in my pocket. | 手指摸到了口袋里偷的东西 |
[11:17] | And then, how coolly I walked out, | 接着我故作镇定地走出来 |
[11:21] | scot-free, | 平安无事 |
[11:22] | the old bird none the wiser. | 那老妇一无所知 |
[11:26] | What’s in there? | 你拿了什么 |
[11:28] | Some sort of decorative medallion. | 大概是个装饰用的徽章 |
[11:30] | Well, it’s pretty clear what happened. | 那事情就很明确了 |
[11:32] | The depressing series of events today | 今天这一系列绝望的事 |
[11:35] | led you to conclude that you’re in a rut. | 让你总结出你的生活一成不变 |
[11:37] | Your spontaneous transgression generated | 你无意识的犯罪行为产生出 |
[11:39] | the excitement that you so desperately wanted. | 你无比渴求的刺激感 |
[11:42] | Any Caribbean-trained psych student could tell me that. | 随便哪个野鸡学校出来的心理学学生都会这样说 |
[11:47] | Well, if you didn’t want my diagnosis, | 那你要是不想要我诊断 |
[11:49] | why did you call me here? | 你叫我来干嘛 |
[11:50] | I am plagued by guilt. | 我浑身都有罪恶感 |
[11:52] | I have to return this box before | 我必须在别人发现盒子不见之前 |
[11:54] | it’s discovered missing. | 把盒子还回去 |
[11:55] | Why did you call me here? | 那你叫我来干嘛 |
[11:57] | I need your help, Niles. | 我需要你的帮助 Niles |
[11:59] | I have her key. | 我有她家钥匙 |
[11:59] | I know she’s out. | 我知道她不在家 |
[12:01] | We can put this back and be done with it. | 我们能把它放回去 从此金盆洗手 |
[12:02] | But I don’t want to. | 但是我不想帮你 |
[12:03] | I have excitement in my life. | 我的生活还是有刺激感的 |
[12:06] | Please! | 求你了 |
[12:07] | I can’t trust myself to be alone. | 我不相信自己一个人不会再犯 |
[12:08] | I am caught in the grip of this mania. | 我已经沉迷于这疯狂之中了 |
[12:11] | Who knows what I might steal next? | 谁知道我下次还会偷什么 |
[12:12] | You took a little box. | 你只是拿了个小盒子 |
[12:14] | I hardly think you’re gonna run off on a crime spree. | 我觉得你不会走上犯罪的不归路的 |
[12:17] | Oh, really? | 当真吗 |
[12:21] | Thief! | 你个小偷 |
[12:23] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[12:24] | I took it, and I liked it. | 我偷我自豪 |
[12:28] | Please. Please, Niles. | 求你了 求你了 Niles |
[12:30] | I don’t want to get involved. | 我不想掺和进去 |
[12:31] | Fine! I’ll do it myself. | 好吧 那我单干 |
[12:32] | – Here, hold this for me. – What for? | – 来 帮我拿一下 – 为什么 |
[12:33] | Now your prints are on it, too. | 现在上面也有你的指纹了 |
[12:35] | You have to help me. | 你必须得帮我了 |
[12:48] | Admit it, Niles. | 认命吧 Niles |
[12:50] | It’s intoxicating, isn’t it? | 简直有毒 对不对 |
[12:53] | Can’t you feel a tingle running down your spine? | 有没有觉得脊椎里一阵刺痛 |
[12:56] | In a minute, it’s going to be running down my inseam, hurry up. | 过一会 这刺激就要进我裤腿了 快点 |
[13:01] | I’ve become a danger junkie. | 我成了危险的瘾君子 |
[13:03] | A cunning cat burglar with nerves of steel. | 有着钢铁般意志身手矫健的飞贼 |
[13:08] | Hide. Hide! Here, here. Take this box. | 躲起来 躲起来 这边这边 拿着盒子 |
[13:12] | No, no, you’ve got a pocket. | 不要不要 你有口袋 |
[13:13] | Put it… | 放进 |
[13:16] | All right, everybody. | 好了 各位 |
[13:17] | Put down your gifts. | 放下你们的礼物 |
[13:18] | Give me your coats and I’ll put them in the bedroom. | 把外套都给我 我放到卧室去 |
[13:21] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:23] | Okay, that was the doorman. | 刚才是门卫 |
[13:25] | Aunt Opal is on her way up. | Opal姨已经上来了 |
[13:26] | Everyone find a place to hide. | 大家都找个地方躲起来 |
[13:32] | All right, quiet, everybody. | 好了 大家安静 |
[13:34] | I hear them. | 我听到他们了 |
[13:37] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[13:41] | Oh, my goodness! Oh, you! Oh! | 我的天哪 哦 你也来了 |
[13:47] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[13:50] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[13:51] | I’m Dr. Frasier Crane, the next-door neighbor, | 我是Frasier Crane医生 隔壁邻居 |
[13:53] | and this is my brother Niles. | 这位是我的弟弟Niles |
[13:54] | We just want to say Happy birthday, Opal. | 我们就想来和Opal说声生日快乐 |
[13:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:58] | Did someone invite you? | 有人邀请你们吗 |
[13:59] | Uh, well, news of this birthday | Opal生日的消息 |
[14:01] | has been just buzzing through the building. | 早就传遍整个大楼了 |
[14:03] | We wouldn’t miss an opportunity | 我们可不想错过向这位 |
[14:04] | to honor this wonderful lady. | 风华绝代的女士表达敬意的机会 |
[14:05] | But how’d you get in here? | 但你们是怎么进来的 |
[14:06] | We slipped in as the door was closing. | 门关上前钻进来的 |
[14:08] | I could swear… | 我发誓 |
[14:09] | Stop grilling them, please, Roland. | 别再盘问他们了 拜托你了 Roland |
[14:11] | He thinks he has to grill everyone | 他以为他能盘问所有人 |
[14:14] | just because he’s a district attorney. | 就因为自己是个地方检察官 |
[14:19] | Now, what would you like to drink? | 你们想喝点什么 |
[14:21] | Champagne. | 香槟来了 |
[14:23] | Well, we really can’t stay. | 我们不能久留 |
[14:24] | Oh, you can stay a few minutes. | 再呆一会儿吧 |
[14:27] | You don’t want to hurt my feelings. | 你们不想让我伤心吧 |
[14:28] | Let me take your coat. | 外套给我吧 |
[14:30] | Oh, my coat, no, I’d really rather you… Uh… Okay. | 外套 不行 你最好 好吧 |
[14:32] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[14:33] | What? What?! | 怎么了怎么了 |
[14:34] | You’re Dr. Frasier Crane. | 你是Frasier Crane医生 |
[14:36] | Here, take this, Roland. | 来 拿着 Roland |
[14:38] | I love your show. | 我好喜欢你的节目啊 |
[14:40] | It’s going to be so exciting to have a celebrity here | 有名人在这儿真是太好了 |
[14:44] | when we take Aunt Opal’s picture with her medal. | 等会儿Opal姨拿着她的奖牌 我们给她拍照 |
[14:47] | Medal? | 什么奖牌 |
[14:48] | She won the bronze at the 1936 Berlin Olympics. | 1936年柏林奥运会的时候她拿了铜牌 |
[14:53] | So what’s it like being a huge radio star? | 当电台明星是种什么样的感觉 |
[14:56] | – Well… – Frasier… | – 这个嘛 – Fraiser |
[14:57] | Yes, yes, in a minute, Niles. | 等一下 Niles |
[14:59] | Actually, I don’t really think of myself | 其实 我并不认为自己 |
[15:02] | as a star, so much as a healer. | 是个明星 我更像一个治疗者 |
[15:05] | The important thing is to listen. | 倾听才是最重要的 |
[15:06] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[15:07] | Not now, Niles. | 不是时候 Niles |
[15:10] | Frasier, they’re going to take her picture with her medal. | Frasier 他们要拍Opal和她奖牌的合照了 |
[15:12] | Yes, I heard that. | 我听到了 |
[15:14] | Oh, dear. Uh, excuse me just a moment. | 糟了 我等下回来 |
[15:17] | You’ve got to get that medal out of your coat. | 你得把奖牌从外套口袋拿出来 |
[15:19] | Why don’t you get it? | 你怎么不去 |
[15:20] | I’m a celebrity. | 我是名人 |
[15:20] | They’re watching my every move. Go on. | 我的一举一动都被注视着 去吧你 |
[15:24] | Aunt Opal, tell Dr. Crane the story | Opal姨 给Crane医生讲讲 |
[15:26] | about how you refused to shake Hitler’s hand | 当年希特勒给你颁奖的时候 |
[15:28] | when he gave you that medal. | 你是怎么拒绝和他握手的 |
[15:30] | It looked sweaty, that’s all. | 他手上看起来全是汗 就这样 |
[16:03] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[16:05] | It’s just a dream. | 这只是一场梦 |
[16:07] | Then why aren’t you Harry Truman? | 那你怎么不是杜鲁门 |
[16:12] | Where’s my cake? I’m ready for the cake. | 我的蛋糕呢 我想吃蛋糕了 |
[16:15] | No, not until we take the family picture, Mother. | 不行啦 拍完全家福才能吃 妈 |
[16:17] | I got it. | 拿到了 |
[16:19] | Then let’s take the darned picture. | 那就赶紧拍啊 |
[16:20] | Roland, get my medal down. | Roland 把我的奖牌拿来 |
[16:22] | Where is it? | 在哪儿 |
[16:23] | Same place it always is, | 老地方 |
[16:24] | unless it’s grown legs like a tadpole and hopped away. | 除非它像蝌蚪长了腿 跳走了 |
[16:28] | We have got to get that medal up there. | 我们得赶紧把奖牌放上去 |
[16:31] | – We? – You’re right. | – 我们 – 你说得对 |
[16:32] | Bad plan. You’ve got to get it up there. | 这计划不好 应该是你自己放上去 |
[16:34] | All right, top shelf, right of the sconce. | 好了 架子顶层 烛台右边 |
[16:35] | You know, before we take the picture, | 在拍照前 |
[16:38] | I have a little story I’d like to tell | 我有个小故事想告诉大家 |
[16:40] | that just may rival that Hitler tale. | 或许能和希特勒的故事相媲美 |
[16:45] | The place… was right here. | 故事就发生在这儿 |
[16:50] | The time was this afternoon. | 时间就在 今天下午 |
[16:54] | Opal had just set out a lovely service of tea and a plate of sweets. | Opal准备了一些美味的茶点 |
[16:59] | I remember there were three cookies sitting on the plate | 我记得盘子里有三块曲奇 |
[17:05] | and I reached for the left one. | 我拿了左边那个 |
[17:10] | Not the center one, | 不是中间的 |
[17:12] | the left one, and… | 而是左边的 |
[17:16] | Just at the same moment, | 就在那时 |
[17:17] | Opal reached for the very same cookie. | Opal也伸手拿了同一块曲奇 |
[17:20] | Oh, what did you say, Opal? It was priceless. | 你说了什么 Opal 太有趣了 |
[17:24] | I said, “you take it” | 我说”你吃吧” |
[17:27] | Right off the top of her head. | 毫不犹豫地就说出来 |
[17:30] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[17:32] | I can tell from the panic in my brother’s voice | 从我弟弟慌乱的语气中 |
[17:35] | that he, he must have seen a spider. | 我想他肯定是看到了蜘蛛 |
[17:38] | You see, he has a, a crippling fear | 要知道 他非常害怕蜘蛛 |
[17:40] | of spiders and it sent him up the ladder. | 所以才会吓得爬到梯子上 |
[17:42] | Yes. I hate spiders. | 是的 我恨死蜘蛛了 |
[17:45] | I don’t see a spider. Come back down. | 我没看到有蜘蛛啊 快下来吧 |
[17:47] | – No! – Why not? | – 不行 – 为什么 |
[17:48] | Because he also has a crippling fear of heights | 因为他还严重恐高 |
[17:50] | and this may be just the breakthrough | 说不定现在要有期待已久的 |
[17:52] | we’ve been looking for. Higher, Niles. | 重大突破了 再爬高一点 Niles |
[17:54] | Conquer your fear. | 克服恐惧 |
[17:58] | Please, everyone, | 烦请各位 |
[17:59] | I’m going to have to ask you to turn around, | 能否转过身去 |
[18:01] | as his fear of crowds has set in. | 他的人群恐惧症又要犯了 |
[18:04] | Crowds, too? | 他还怕人群吗 |
[18:05] | Yes. You are looking at that rarest of beasts– | 是的 你所见到的是极为罕见的病症 |
[18:07] | the arachno-acro-agoraphobe. | 恐蛛恐高恐人群症 |
[18:08] | Please, avert your eyes. | 请大家转过去 |
[18:11] | This is the most difficult part of the process. | 现在是整个过程中最困难的部分 |
[18:13] | I am using a technique known as behavioral exposure therapy. | 我采用的是一种行为暴露疗法 |
[18:18] | Climb higher, Niles. | 再爬高一点 Niles |
[18:19] | Ever higher. | 再高一点 |
[18:20] | Conquer your fear. | 克服恐惧 |
[18:21] | Wow. Frasier Crane in action. | 哇哦 Frasier Crane亲身治疗 |
[18:23] | No, please. | 请别转过去 |
[18:24] | No peeking. | 别偷看 |
[18:25] | You don’t want to cause a setback. | 你也不想前功尽弃吧 |
[18:30] | Everybody freeze! | 大家都别动 |
[18:32] | This is the moment of truth. | 是时候探寻真理了 |
[18:34] | I haven’t done this since my days in med school. | 从医学院以来 我从没这么做过 |
[18:43] | Hurrah! He’s done it! | 耶 他做到了 |
[18:47] | He’s conquered all three! | 他克服了三种恐惧 |
[18:51] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[18:53] | Well, you as an athlete | 作为一名运动员 |
[18:55] | should know the… the time-honored tradition | 你应该知道 把别人举在肩上 |
[18:56] | of hoisting the victor on one’s shoulders. | 欢庆胜利的悠久传统 |
[18:58] | They never did that to me. | 他们从没对我这么做过 |
[19:00] | Well, you finished third, didn’t you? | 你只是第三名 对吧 |
[19:05] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 现在请允许我 |
[19:06] | I’ve got to journal all this while it’s still fresh. | 趁着这事儿还新鲜 四处传播一下 |
[19:09] | Good night, everyone. | 各位晚安 |
[19:13] | Good Lord, I should have dipped. | 老天啊 我该低下一点的 |
[19:15] | Yes, there we go. | 好了 走吧 |
[19:18] | So sorry. | 抱歉抱歉 |
[19:29] | Oh, hey, Dad. I didn’t know you guys were here. | 嘿 老爸 没想到你在这儿 |
[19:31] | Where’s Ronee? | Ronee呢 |
[19:32] | Oh, she’s in bed waiting for me. | 她在床上等我 |
[19:36] | Hey, Fras, you know what? | Fras 跟你说 |
[19:38] | She can’t see a thing without her contacts. | 她不带隐形眼镜什么也看不见 |
[19:40] | Why don’t we play a little joke on her? | 要不我们小小地恶作剧一下吧 |
[19:41] | – You tiptoe in… – No, Dad, I’ll pass. | – 你蹑手蹑脚地进 – 不要 老爸 我还是算了 |
[19:46] | Still looking at those old pictures, huh? | 还在看那些老照片吗 |
[19:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:49] | It’s funny, isn’t it? | 挺有趣的对吧 |
[19:51] | What? | 什么 |
[19:52] | How suddenly your whole life can change. | 整个人生竟然能在一瞬间全变了 |
[19:55] | I never would have dreamed back then that I’d end up | 换了以前 我从没想过 |
[19:57] | getting married again, at my age, | 到了我这个年纪 还会再婚 |
[20:00] | and to someone so young and full of pep. | 还是和如此年轻有活力的女人 |
[20:03] | I’m very happy for you and Ronee. | 我为你和Ronee感到高兴 |
[20:06] | That’s the way it is. | 生活就是如此 |
[20:08] | Just when you think that you’re in a rut | 正当你觉得自己过着一成不变的生活 |
[20:11] | and nothing exciting will ever happen to you again… | 让人兴奋的事永远不会再发生的时候 |
[20:13] | Pow. That’s when it does. | 嘭 就真发生了 |
[20:17] | Maybe you’re right. | 或许你说得对 |
[20:19] | I know I’m right. | 我知道我是对的 |
[20:23] | Good night, Fras. | 晚安 Fras |
[20:25] | Good night, Dad. | 晚安 老爸 |
[20:31] | You know, you could put on my robe and a little bit | 你该穿上我的睡衣 再涂点 |
[20:33] | – of my Aqua Velva. – Good night, Dad. | – 我的须后水 – 晚安 老爸 |