时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | And one of those cinnamon buns please, extra frosting. | 请再来一块肉桂面包 要糖霜多的 |
[00:12] | Oh, here they are. Hey. | 看谁来了 嘿 |
[00:14] | Hi, you guys. | 你们好啊 |
[00:16] | We were so excited when you guys asked us out. | 能收到你们的邀请真高兴 |
[00:18] | You’re like the A-list couple in Lamaze class. | 你们就是助产课上的模范夫妻 |
[00:21] | Well, that’s good to hear. | 你们这么说我很开心 |
[00:22] | We were afraid we were in the C-Section. | 我们还担心会到第三级呢(剖腹产)了 |
[00:25] | We bring our own food everywhere. | 我们随身自带食物 |
[00:28] | Cindy doesn’t put anything unhealthy in her body. | Cindy不吃不健康的东西 |
[00:31] | No refined sugar, white flour, or gluten. | 不吃精制糖 不吃白面 不吃麦麸 |
[00:34] | I’m sure you’re the same. | 你也是这样的吧 |
[00:35] | Oh, of course. | 那必须的 |
[00:37] | Cinnamon bun. | 肉桂面包 |
[00:38] | No, thank you. I’m pregnant. | 不用了 谢谢你 我怀着孕呢 |
[00:39] | – But you… – I said no. | – 但是你 – 不吃 |
[00:43] | Sweetie, this is your best yam loaf yet. | 亲爱的 这地瓜条真好吃 |
[00:46] | He’s a saint. He cooks my food, | 他真是太棒了 我的饭都是他做的 |
[00:48] | rubs cocoa butter on my belly… | 还用可可乳为我按摩肚子 |
[00:50] | I just wish I could | 要是我能替她生孩子 |
[00:51] | go through the birth for her. | 就再好不过了 |
[00:55] | Hey, what are you guys doing with your placenta? | 对了 你们准备如何处理胎盘 |
[00:57] | Ours will nourish the roots | 我们会用它为一棵种在院子里的 |
[00:59] | of a special tree we plant in our yard. | 树提供养分 |
[01:03] | Well, we live in an apartment. | 我们住在公寓里 |
[01:05] | Although that ficus in the study | 不过书房里面那棵无花果树 |
[01:07] | is looking a tad droopy. | 看上去有点无精打采的 |
[01:10] | By the way, | 顺便问一句 |
[01:11] | if you need a doula… | 要是你们需要助产士的话 |
[01:12] | Cindy, I’m sure they already have one. | Cindy 我肯定他们已经有了 |
[01:14] | Everybody has a doula. | 大家都有助产士啊 |
[01:15] | Ours is a treasure. | 我们家那位真是个宝贝 |
[01:18] | She’ll be there through the whole delivery, you know, | 她会在生产过程中一直陪着你 |
[01:21] | focusing our energies, giving us emotional support. | 让我们集中精力 给予我们精神上的支持 |
[01:24] | I don’t know how people do it without one. | 我真不知道没有助产士大家都怎么生娃 |
[01:26] | She’s really helped Brad. | 她真的帮了Brad很多 |
[01:27] | He’s having a really tough sympathy pregnancy. | 他正在经历非常艰难的妊娠伴随征 |
[01:30] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[01:31] | Honey? | 怎么了 |
[01:32] | I’m just… | 我就是 |
[01:33] | I’m feeling a little sick again I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 刚才有点不舒服 |
[01:36] | I just need some air. | 我需要呼吸点新鲜空气 |
[01:40] | We’re so in sync. | 我们太同步了 |
[01:41] | He feels everything I’m feeling. | 他能切身感受我经历的一切 |
[01:43] | Nausea, weight gain, food cravings. | 恶心啊 增重啊 贪食啊 |
[01:45] | You know, in psychological terms, | 你懂的 按照心理学术语 |
[01:47] | that’s called Couvade Syndrome. | 这称作拟娩综合征 |
[01:48] | We just call it love. | 我们称之为爱情 |
[01:54] | I don’t like them. | 我讨厌他们 |
[01:57] | They’re getting so much more out of this than we are. | 他们比我们更享受整个过程 |
[02:00] | We don’t even have a placenta plan. | 我们连要怎么处理胎盘都没有计划 |
[02:04] | No, wait– let’s not panic. | 等一下 我们先别慌 |
[02:05] | All we need is expert help. | 我们需要专家的帮助 |
[02:07] | We’ll hire one of those doula people. | 我们也去雇一个助产士 |
[02:09] | I’ll get the number from Brad. | 我去找Brad要个电话 |
[02:10] | Sorry. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:12] | Oh, this pregnancy is taking it | 整个怀孕过程 |
[02:16] | out of me. | 让我精疲力尽 |
[02:18] | My breasts are so tender today. | 我的胸部今天很酸疼 |
[02:21] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[02:23] | I’m starting to feel a bit nauseous. | 我开始觉得有点恶心了 |
[02:45] | Oh. | 哦 |
[02:46] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[02:47] | Welcome to Charlotte’s Web Matchmaking Service. Come in. | 欢迎来到夏洛特网络婚介公司 请进 |
[02:50] | I’m sorry… Isn’t this…? | 打扰了 请问这不是 |
[02:53] | Oh, I see what happened. | 哦 我懂了 |
[02:53] | I must have been so engrossed in my paper | 我一定是看报纸看得太投入了 |
[02:55] | I went right past my floor. | 错过了我的楼层 |
[02:56] | Of course. | 可不是吗 |
[02:57] | It can be a little embarrassing to admit | 承认情场不顺 需要帮助 |
[02:59] | you need help in the romance department. | 确实让人有点不好意思 |
[03:01] | Please, come in. | 请进 |
[03:02] | No, this was a mistake. | 不 我确实搞错了 |
[03:04] | I understand. | 我懂 |
[03:05] | Come in. | 请进 |
[03:09] | Trust me, you are comically incorrect. | 相信我 你确实误会了 |
[03:11] | I do not need a matchmaker. | 我不需要介绍对象的 |
[03:13] | So you’re married? | 那你已经结婚了 |
[03:14] | No. | 没啊 |
[03:15] | Dating someone? | 恋爱中吗 |
[03:16] | I date plenty. | 我经常约会 |
[03:17] | In fact, I often need the proverbial stick | 实际上我经常需要编些话 |
[03:19] | one uses to beat women off with. | 来赶跑女人呢 |
[03:22] | I… | 我 |
[03:27] | I believe my point is made. | 我觉得我已经说的很明白了 |
[03:29] | Why don’t you just take my card? | 你为什么不拿一张我的名片呢 |
[03:30] | I don’t need your card. | 我不想要你的名片 |
[03:31] | In case you change your mind. | 要是你改变主意了呢 |
[03:32] | I won’t change my mind. | 我不会改变主意的 |
[03:33] | – For a friend. – I have no friends. | – 给朋友拿一张 – 我没有朋友 |
[03:34] | … who are in need of your services. | 没有需要你服务的朋友 |
[03:37] | You see, I am a bit of a local celebrity, | 事情是这样的 在本地我小有名气 |
[03:40] | so I have no trouble getting dates. | 所以约人出去根本没难度 |
[03:42] | – Really? – Yes. | – 真的吗 – 真的 |
[03:43] | What’s your name? | 请教称呼 |
[03:45] | Dr. Frasier Crane. | Frasier Crane医生 |
[03:46] | Oh. | 哦 |
[03:48] | Sorry, doesn’t ring any bells. | 不好意思 完全没听过 |
[03:53] | Frasier Crane Frasier Crane? | |
[03:54] | Why, yes it is. | 怎么了 正是我 |
[03:55] | Well, my God, what are you doing here? | 哦 我的天呐 你在这儿做什么 |
[03:57] | Well, actually, I have an office one floor down. | 哦 实际上 我的办公室在下一层楼 |
[04:00] | Really? I’m on 18. | 真的吗 我在18楼 |
[04:02] | Oh, well why don’t I ride up with you, | 哦 那请允许我和你搭乘一段电梯吧 |
[04:05] | I could use the exercise. | 我正好需要健个身 |
[04:06] | Bye, bye. | 再见 |
[04:08] | It’s so funny seeing you here. | 在这儿遇见你真是太有趣了 |
[04:10] | It’s funny for you , delightful for me. | 对你来讲是有趣 对我来讲是愉悦 |
[04:13] | It’s always nice to meet a fan, | 能偶遇粉丝总是很开心的 |
[04:15] | especially one so attractive. | 尤其是漂亮迷人的粉丝 |
[04:18] | You don’t remember me? | 你不记得我了吗 |
[04:20] | Yes, of course I remember you. | 哦 当然我记得你是谁啊 |
[04:22] | It’s you. | 就是你啊 |
[04:25] | Hey, you. | 嘿 你好 |
[04:26] | I can’t believe you don’t remember. | 真难以相信你竟然不记得我了 |
[04:29] | We dated. | 我们约会过的 |
[04:31] | Three times. | 整整三次 |
[04:32] | Jennifer. | Jennifer吗 |
[04:33] | – Ellie – Ellie – Ellie. – Ellie! | |
[04:35] | Oh, well, here’s your floor. | 哦 你的楼层到了 |
[04:37] | Nice catching up with you. | 和你聊天真有趣 |
[04:38] | Oh, brushing me off. That sounds familiar. | 就这么蹬了我 听上去真熟悉啊 |
[04:42] | Oh, not that I’m surprised you forgot me. | 你忘记了我也没什么惊讶的 |
[04:44] | You spent every day talking about yourself, | 毕竟你每天都只在谈论你自己 |
[04:47] | and then, after we slept together… | 然后 我们上床了 |
[04:50] | I’m so sorry. Sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[04:51] | But you could’ve called me! | 但是你本可以打电话找我的 |
[04:52] | Sorry! Again, so sorry. | 抱歉 再一次表示非常抱歉 |
[05:10] | And so it seems | 我几乎和西雅图的 |
[05:11] | I have dated every woman in Seattle. | 每一个女人都约会过了 |
[05:15] | The well is dry. | 这口井已经枯竭了 |
[05:18] | The cupboard is bare. | 橱柜已经空了 |
[05:20] | There are no more fish in the sea. | 大海中已经没有鱼了 |
[05:25] | Meanwhile, my dad is engaged. | 与此同时 我爸又订婚了 |
[05:26] | My brother is expecting his first child. | 我弟弟的第一个宝宝要出生了 |
[05:27] | While I am left to spin aimlessly | 只剩我一人漫无目的地 |
[05:31] | on the dating hamster wheel. | 在约会的仓鼠轮子上狂奔 |
[05:36] | You like your metaphors, don’t you? | 你还真喜欢打比方啊 是吧 |
[05:38] | Well, don’t worry, Frasier. | 别担心 Frasier |
[05:41] | Somewhere in Seattle there’s a woman you haven’t pissed off | 在西雅图的一定还有一位没有被你招惹的女士 |
[05:44] | and I’m going to find her. | 我一定会找到她 |
[05:46] | – You seem awfully sure of yourself. – I am. | – 你看上去相当的自信啊 – 当然了 |
[05:48] | I’ve successfully matched | 我曾经成功地帮助 |
[05:50] | hundreds of couples, | 数百位情侣成功牵手 |
[05:51] | so… | 那么 |
[05:55] | What kind of woman are you looking for? | 你喜欢哪种类型的女士呢 |
[05:58] | And don’t just say smart, sexy and sophisticated. | 请别只说”聪慧 性感 成熟” |
[06:01] | Why, don’t you have any of those? | 为什么 难道这样的女士你这儿没有吗 |
[06:03] | All right. | 我想想 |
[06:05] | Well, it’s hard to say… | 我喜欢的类型 |
[06:07] | what I want. | 比较难描述 |
[06:10] | It’s been so long since I’ve really fallen for someone. | 我已经很久都没有心动的感觉了 |
[06:13] | You know that feeling you get after a first date, | 你懂那种感觉吗 就是第一次约会之后 |
[06:16] | when you can’t even sleep, | 你无法入眠 |
[06:18] | you just lie there in bed awake, | 你睁着眼睛躺在床上 |
[06:20] | thinking about her? | 一直想着她 |
[06:23] | That’s what I want. | 我想要那种女士 |
[06:26] | You’re going to make me work for my money, aren’t you? | 看来想要挣你的钱我得下大工夫了 |
[06:30] | Uh, by the way, | 哦 顺便说 |
[06:31] | I do require a payment up-front. | 我需要提前预支报酬 |
[06:32] | Oh, of course. | 哦 没问题 |
[06:33] | My fee is $10,000. | 一万美元 |
[06:38] | That’s awfully steep. | 这还真是相当的多啊 |
[06:41] | And those ten years of bad dates, | 经历这十年的糟糕约会 |
[06:43] | how much did they run you? | 他们掏空了你多少钱 |
[06:45] | I’ll write you a check. | 我写一张支票给你 |
[06:50] | So I gave her the money | 所以我交了钱 |
[06:51] | and I filled out the questionnaire. | 填好了调查表格 |
[06:52] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[06:53] | You fudged a little bit on your answers, right? | 你应该把答案稍微修饰了一下吧 |
[06:56] | No, of course not. Why would I? | 当然没有啊 为什么要撒谎呢 |
[06:58] | Because nobody’s honest on those things. | 因为没有人会诚实的回答啊 |
[07:00] | There’s a code people use. | 人们是有一套暗语的 |
[07:02] | Like “Mature” Means old. | 好比说 “成熟” 就是”年纪大” |
[07:05] | “Athletic” Means flat-chested. | “运动型”就是”平胸” |
[07:08] | And, uh, oh… | 还有那个 |
[07:10] | “Not model thin” means circus fat. | “不像模特那么瘦”就是马戏团小丑那么胖 |
[07:13] | Well, gosh. | 哦 天呐 |
[07:14] | She’s already sent me out on a date this evening. | 她已经为我安排好今天晚上的约会了 |
[07:17] | But I assure you, I am more interested | 但是你别担心 比起外表 |
[07:19] | in personality than looks. | 我更在意内涵 |
[07:21] | Did you see a photo at least? | 你至少看过照片了吧 |
[07:22] | Of course I saw a photo. | 我当然看过照片了 |
[07:24] | She’s got a personality you can bounce a quarter off of. | 她的”内涵”翘得可以让硬币跳起来 |
[07:28] | So where you taking her? | 那么你要带她去哪吃 |
[07:29] | Claret– I intend to take | 克拉雷餐厅 我打算所有的 |
[07:30] | all subsequent dates there as well. | 约会目标都带到那里 |
[07:31] | That way I can compare them objectively, you see. | 这样我就可以客观地比较她们了 |
[07:34] | As the woman will be the only variable. | 因为女人在这里是唯一的变量 |
[07:36] | It’s basic science. | 这就是基础科学 |
[07:37] | Yeah. | 可说呢 |
[07:37] | That’s been your dating problem– | 这就是你约会的问题 |
[07:40] | not enough science. | 不够科学 |
[07:42] | Hey, you two. | 嘿 你们两个 |
[07:43] | Here, have a seat. There you are. | 来 坐这儿 这给你 |
[07:47] | We can only chat for a moment. We’re meeting our doula. | 我们只能稍坐一会儿 我们约了和助产士见面 |
[07:49] | Oh, yes. | 哦 对了 |
[07:50] | Your doula. | 你们的助产士 |
[07:52] | Anybody need anything? | 你们想吃点什么吗 |
[07:53] | I’m getting more coffee. | 我要再来点咖啡 |
[07:54] | No, thanks. | 谢谢 不用了 |
[07:55] | We brought fennel tea | 我们带了茴香茶 |
[07:56] | and some healthy snacks to nibble on. | 还有健康零食来解馋 |
[07:59] | Oh, huh. Peanut butter and carrots. | 哦 花生酱 胡萝卜 |
[08:01] | Looks like somebody has some pregnancy cravings. | 看起来有人因为怀孕而胃口大开啊 |
[08:03] | Yes, I just can’t help myself. | 是啊 我就是控制不住我自己 |
[08:07] | Oh, dear, Niles. Couvade Syndrome? | 哦 天呐 Niles 你这是拟娩综合征吗 |
[08:10] | We just call it love. | 我们称之为爱情 |
[08:12] | Yes, well… I have a date. | 哦 好吧 我还有个约会 |
[08:15] | I’ve signed up with a matchmaking service. | 是一个婚介公司为我安排的 |
[08:18] | Wait, Frasier, a matchmaker? | 等等 Frasier 速配服务吗 |
[08:20] | I’m surprised you’ d use a professional | 你居然找一个专业人员插手 |
[08:21] | for something as personal as your love life. | 你的感情生活 |
[08:23] | Well, I could say the same thing | 哦 这句话同样适用你们和 |
[08:24] | about you and your doula. | 你们的助产士 |
[08:26] | Well, our professional comes highly recommended. | 我们这位可是备受推荐的 |
[08:27] | So does my professional. | 我的也一样 |
[08:29] | Well, our professional is at the top of her field. | 我们这位是行业精英 |
[08:31] | As is mine. | 我的也一样 |
[08:32] | Well, our professional charges $200 an hour. | 我们这位一个小时两百美元 |
[08:34] | Mine charges $10,000. | 我的收费一万美元 |
[08:38] | She sounds fantastic. | 她听上去特别棒 |
[08:42] | Congratulations, Frasier. | 恭喜你 Frasier |
[08:44] | Thank you, Niles. Wish me luck! | 谢谢 Niles 祝我好运吧 |
[08:45] | Good luck. Wow. | 好运 天呐 |
[08:47] | Daphne and Niles? | Daphne和Niles吗 |
[08:49] | Oh, you must be Harvest. | 哦 你一定就是Harvest |
[08:51] | So nice to meet you. | 真高兴遇见你 |
[08:54] | Oh, this is our friend Roz. | 哦 这是我们的朋友Roz |
[08:56] | Hi. | 你好 |
[08:57] | A resume detailing my 15 years of experience, | 这份简历详细记录了我15年的工作经验 |
[08:59] | plus a syllabus for further reading. | 附加一份词汇表便于阅读 |
[09:02] | Well, I am doula impressed. | 我被深深地震撼了 |
[09:05] | Now, on page five, | 你看第五页 |
[09:07] | you’ll find details about my support staff. | 记录了我的背后团队成员 |
[09:10] | There’s a masseuse, a shaman, of course, | 有女按摩师 当然还有萨满 |
[09:12] | and a drummer. | 还有一位鼓手 |
[09:13] | He used to tour with the Doobie Brothers. | 他曾经和杜比兄弟团一起巡回过 |
[09:16] | Very talented. | 非常有才华 |
[09:18] | My, sounds expensive. | 天呐 听上去很贵啊 |
[09:20] | I can’t wait to tell Frasier. | 我等不及要告诉Frasier了 |
[09:22] | And of course, I insist on | 当然了 我是坚持 |
[09:23] | a drug-free birthing environment. | 无麻醉分娩的 |
[09:24] | Whoa. Back up. No drugs? | 哇哦 稍等一下 不麻醉吗 |
[09:27] | Oh, I want Daphne to be awake | 是的 我希望Daphne能保持清醒 |
[09:29] | and connected to the moment. | 感知那个时刻 |
[09:31] | A natural childbirth needn’t be painful. | 自然分娩不需要感到痛苦 |
[09:33] | It needn’t be, but it be. | 是不需要 但还是会痛啊 |
[09:38] | How painful? | 有多疼 |
[09:40] | Would you have a tooth pulled without Novocain? | 如果不麻醉的话 你会去拔牙吗 |
[09:42] | No. | 不会啊 |
[09:43] | Well, a tooth is this big. | 你想想 牙才这么大 |
[09:47] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦 抱歉 |
[09:48] | I thought you wanted to be emotionally present | 我还以为你想要在情感上参与宝宝的 |
[09:50] | for the birth of your baby, | 出生过程 |
[09:52] | but I see that you just want | 但现在我明白了 |
[09:53] | somebody to dope you up, | 你就希望被人放倒 |
[09:55] | strap you down and yank it out. | 五花大绑 然后把孩子拽出来 |
[09:57] | Oh, no, no. Wait. Don’t go. | 哦 不 不 等一下 先别走 |
[09:59] | Yes, our friend | 是的 我们的朋友 |
[10:00] | was just leaving. | 就要离开了 |
[10:01] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:02] | You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你是对的 很抱歉 |
[10:03] | This is a private matter. | 这是私事 |
[10:04] | You need to do what’s right for you. | 你要做对你来讲是正确的事情 |
[10:08] | Ow! | 好疼 |
[10:09] | Times a million. | 放大一百万倍 |
[10:19] | Here we are. | 到了 |
[10:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:22] | There’s something wonderful | 第一次约会 |
[10:23] | about first dates, isn’t there? | 让人感觉很不错 |
[10:24] | Oh, thank you very much. | 哦 非常感谢 |
[10:26] | That tingle of anticipation as two perfect strangers | 对于两个陌生人志趣相投 |
[10:29] | march toward endless vistas of possibility. | 且共享无限愿景的可能性的兴奋期待 |
[10:33] | Well put, Frasier. | 说的好 Frasier |
[10:34] | Oh, well thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[10:35] | And what do you do? | 请问你是做什么工作的 |
[10:37] | I’m a science teacher. | 我是位科学老师 |
[10:39] | Ah, serendipity. | 哦 真是奇缘 |
[10:41] | I’m a science man myself. | 我自己也是个喜欢科学的人 |
[10:43] | I suppose that’s why Charlotte got the two of us together. | 我想这大概是为什么Charlotte安排我们两个见面 |
[10:45] | Well then, what’s your field? | 那么你是研究哪一个领域的 |
[10:46] | Well, my field is biology, | 哦 生物学 |
[10:48] | but my specialty is creationism. | 但是我的专长是神造论 |
[10:50] | Oh, well, I find that… | 哦 那个 我觉得 |
[10:53] | Excuse me? | 什么东西 |
[10:54] | You know, they’re only in first grade, | 你懂得 他们才刚刚一年级 |
[10:55] | so they don’t understand everything, | 所以他们还什么都不懂 |
[10:56] | but Brother William, he’s our leader, | 不过弟兄William 他是我们的领头人 |
[11:00] | he likes us to get them | 他希望我们能在孩子们 |
[11:01] | started young before they get their minds warped | 尚且年幼的时候就接受教育 免得日后被 |
[11:04] | by all that fossil nonsense. | 进化论那一套鬼话给骗了 |
[11:05] | Well, you know, I-I realize that Darwin | 我 我认为尽管达尔文的理论 |
[11:07] | has his detractors, but to call it nonsense seems a bit cavalier, | 有一些错误 但是直呼其为鬼话有点傲慢了 |
[11:11] | don’t you think? | 你不这样认为吗 |
[11:12] | Oh, dear. You’re one of those. | 天呐 你也是那一种人 |
[11:15] | You think we’re descended from apes? | 你觉得我们是从猩猩进化来的吗 |
[11:17] | Well, not recently, no. | 肯定不是最近的事情 |
[11:18] | Do I look like an ape to you? | 我看上去像只猩猩吗 |
[11:20] | Do I have hairy palms and a big hairy back? | 难道我手和后背的汗毛很重吗 |
[11:23] | Would you like a drink? | 想喝点什么吗 |
[11:25] | Oh, yeah. Bring it on. | 来啊 |
[11:27] | But I got to warn you– I’m a horny drunk. | 不过我先警告你 我会酒后乱性 |
[11:30] | Last Spring, in Cabo, | 去年春天 我在圣卢卡斯角 |
[11:32] | I wake up one morning under a beach umbrella, | 早上醒来 发现我躺在一只沙滩伞下面 |
[11:35] | stark naked, tequila bottle in one hand, | 一丝不挂 一手握着龙舌兰的瓶子 |
[11:37] | and some guy’s tightie-whities on my head. | 脑袋套着男士内裤 |
[11:42] | Whoa, don’t I know you from Cabo? | 哇哦 我是不是在圣卢卡斯角见过你啊 |
[11:45] | Remind you of anything? | 这么一说你有没有想起来什么 |
[11:47] | You wish, right? | 想得美 是吧 |
[11:51] | That’s, uh, very amusing. | 这还 真是非常有趣 |
[11:53] | So what do you do for a living? | 所以你是做什么工作的 |
[11:56] | Well, right now I’m back in school. | 那个 我现在在上学 |
[11:58] | You see, I’ve loved animal in my whole life | 你懂吗 我这一辈子都非常喜欢动物 |
[12:00] | so I figured, why not really go for it, you know? | 所以我想 为什么不去追求梦想呢 |
[12:03] | So I’m going to become | 所以我将会成为 |
[12:04] | a taxidermist. | 动物标本制作师 |
[12:07] | Is something wrong? | 哪里不对吗 |
[12:09] | No. | 没有啊 |
[12:11] | I was just, uh, admiring your ensemble. | 我就是 欣赏一下你的拼布 |
[12:13] | Thanks. I made it myself. | 谢谢 这是我自己做的 |
[12:16] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[12:17] | I have a lot of this fabric left. | 我还剩下很多布料 |
[12:19] | I could make you a shirt with a matching hat. | 我可以给你做一件衬衫和一顶帽子 |
[12:21] | Don’t go to any trouble. | 别费心了 |
[12:22] | Would you like some wine? | 想要来点红酒吗 |
[12:24] | Nah, the cops took my fake I.D. | 算了 条子把我的假身份证收走了 |
[12:27] | and my dad’ll kill me if I get busted again. | 如果我又被抓了的话 我爸会杀了我的 |
[12:30] | So what are you, like, 50? | 所以你多老了 五十吗 |
[12:37] | Something like that. | 差不多 |
[12:45] | Well, I’m off. | 我得走了 |
[12:46] | No, you can’t. | 你不能走 |
[12:47] | Our doula’s coming specifically to meet you and your father. | 我们的助产士专门赶过来见你和老爸的 |
[12:49] | She insists on knowing all the members | 她坚持要了解所有和宝宝能量圈 |
[12:51] | of the baby’s energy circle. | 有关的人 |
[12:53] | Oh, what kind of a kook is she anyway? | 她是个什么样的神棍 |
[12:56] | Harvest is not a kook. | Harvest并不是神棍 |
[12:57] | She’s assisted at the birth | 她已经成功帮助接生 |
[13:00] | of more than 600 babies | 六百多个婴儿 |
[13:02] | and two giant pandas. | 还有两只大熊猫 |
[13:04] | Well, She better get here quickly. | 她最好赶紧来 |
[13:05] | I do have a date. | 我还有一场约会 |
[13:06] | Another one? | 又来一个 |
[13:08] | You’re doing fairly well by this matchmaker. | 看来这个红娘为你安排的相当不错 |
[13:10] | Oh, hardly. A monkey throwing darts at the Seattle phone book | 并没有 还不如让猴子朝着西雅图黄页扔飞镖 |
[13:13] | would find me a better mate. | 来帮我找对象呢 |
[13:15] | Hell, a dart-throwing monkey would be a better mate. | 会扔飞镖的猴子也许是更好的对象呢 |
[13:19] | Why don’t you fire her? | 那你怎么不解雇她 |
[13:21] | Don’t think I haven’t considered it. | 别以为我没有考虑过 |
[13:22] | If tonight’s a bust, I’m going to demand my money back. | 如果今天晚上也失败的话 我就要她退钱给我 |
[13:37] | Niles Niles… | |
[13:37] | have you gained weight? | 你是不是变胖了 |
[13:39] | Yes, but, you know, | 是啊 但是你知道吗 |
[13:41] | you always put on a lot with your first baby. | 怀第一个宝宝的时候你总会胖上许多 |
[13:44] | The hardest part | 最难熬的是 |
[13:45] | is the mood swings. | 情绪上的波动 |
[13:47] | Jeez, Niles, | 天呐 Niles |
[13:48] | don’t you think you’re taking this | 你不觉得你在妊娠伴随征里 |
[13:50] | sympathetic pregnancy thing too far? | 有点陷得太深吗 |
[13:52] | I’m simply giving in to the primal cycle of life. | 我只不过是全身投入到生命的原始循环 |
[13:56] | I have no control over it. | 我又控制不了 |
[13:59] | In that case, get off my Chanel couch before your water breaks. | 要是这样的话 在你的羊水破之前 从我的香奈儿沙发上滚下去 |
[14:02] | Oh, hello. | 哦 你好 |
[14:03] | I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[14:05] | Harvest Finkleman. Delighted. | Harvest Finkleman 很高兴 |
[14:07] | Oh. Well, I’m sorry I can’t stay. | 哦 抱歉 我得走了 |
[14:09] | Niles and Daphne you know, of course, and this is my dad, | Niles和Daphne你当然认识 这是我爸爸 |
[14:12] | Martin Crane. Ms. Finkleman-Delighted. | Martin Crane 这是Finkleman很高兴女士 |
[14:16] | Nice to meet you, Martin. | 很高兴认识你 Martin |
[14:17] | Likewise. | 我也是 |
[14:18] | So are you planning to participate | 所以你计划参加你孙子的 |
[14:20] | in your grandchild’s birth? | 出生过程吗 |
[14:21] | Oh, no. I’m kind of old school. | 哦 不 我观念老啦 |
[14:23] | Clean the kid up, slap a bow on her head, | 洗干净那娃 收拾好他妈妈 |
[14:25] | then call me in. | 然后再叫我 |
[14:28] | Oh! Guess who had their baby. | 哦 猜猜谁刚刚生娃 |
[14:30] | Brad and Cindy? | Brad和Cindy吗 |
[14:31] | Oh, I’m so happy for them! | 哦 我太为他们感到高兴了 |
[14:34] | He gets very emotional lately. | 他最近真的很情绪化 |
[14:38] | It was a beautiful experience. | 整个过程非常的美好 |
[14:39] | I made a tape, if you’d like to see it. | 我做成了录像带 要是你想看的话 |
[14:42] | I would like to not see it. | 我并不想看 |
[14:44] | No, no! This would be good for us– play it. | 不 不 看这个对我们会有帮助的 放吧 |
[14:48] | It was an 1 8-hour labor. | 整个过程持续了十八个小时 |
[14:49] | This should be about two hours into it. | 这一段大概是两个小时 |
[14:51] | I’m so excited. | 我好激动啊 |
[14:53] | Daphne, I can’t wait until this is us. | Daphne 我等不及经历这一切了 |
[14:59] | Oh, look at Cindy glow. | 哦 看Cindy在发光 |
[15:01] | Mother of God! | 我的天啊 |
[15:02] | Just kill me! | 杀了我吧 |
[15:09] | She seems like she’s in a little pain. | 看上去她有点疼啊 |
[15:11] | Oh well, pain is just the fear leaving the body. | 哦 疼痛不过是恐惧离开了身体 |
[15:15] | That’s a boat load of fear. | 那是相当的疼啊 |
[15:18] | Stop that damn drum before I put your head through it! | 再敲鼓老娘就把它砸在你头上 |
[15:22] | She laughed at that afterwards. | 她后来还笑着看这段来着 |
[15:26] | I’ve seen enough. | 我已经看够了 |
[15:28] | Wait, wait. | 等一下 |
[15:30] | You’ll see how Cindy pushes through the pain. | 你能看到Cindy是怎样克服这段痛苦的 |
[15:32] | I’m not pushing through anything. | 我不要克服任何事情 |
[15:33] | I’m having my baby the way God intended– | 我要按照上帝的旨意生娃 |
[15:36] | in a hospital, numb from the waist down. | 躺在医院里 腰部以下完全麻痹 |
[15:41] | Now take your incense | 收好你的焚香 |
[15:42] | and your woo-woo stick and get out. | 还有你神婆的那一套给我滚出去 |
[15:48] | And you, stop acting pregnant. | 你 别继续假装怀孕了 |
[15:50] | You’re a man, for God sakes. | 你可是个老爷们啊 |
[16:01] | Charlotte, where’s my date? | Charlotte 我的约会对象呢 |
[16:03] | I am so sorry. She just called. She had to cancel. | 很抱歉 她刚刚打电话说她得取消了 |
[16:06] | That does it. | 这下可好 |
[16:07] | No. We’ll find another evening. | 没事儿的 我们可以安排其他晚上 |
[16:08] | No, Charlotte, we will not. | 不 Charlotte 我们不会了 |
[16:09] | You have sent me on enough | 你已经给我安排够多 |
[16:11] | miserable dates, thank you. | 惨不忍睹的约会了 谢谢 |
[16:12] | Before you fix me up with a doll-collecting war criminal | 在你撮合我和收集娃娃的战犯 |
[16:17] | or a hashish-smoking burger flipper, I want out. | 或者抽大麻的快餐店小妹约会之前 我得撤了 |
[16:20] | And I want my money back. | 你要退钱给我 |
[16:22] | Frasier, this… | Frasier 这 |
[16:26] | this is a process. | 这是个过程 |
[16:29] | I have only sent you out on five dates. | 我仅仅给你安排了五场约会 |
[16:32] | Do you cure your patients in five sessions? | 你的病人经历五个疗程就能治愈吗 |
[16:34] | Well, no, but… | 哦 不行 但是 |
[16:36] | This client roster | 这份客户名册里充满了 |
[16:37] | is filled with fascinating women. | 很多迷人的女士 |
[16:39] | I just signed a new one this morning– | 今天早上我刚刚签约了一位 |
[16:42] | botany professor, avid bicycle rider, very striking. | 植物学教授 喜欢骑行 外貌出众 |
[16:47] | But you know what? | 但是你知道吗 |
[16:48] | If you’re going to be so impatient, | 要是你这么没有耐心的话 |
[16:49] | then we should just end this now. | 那我们还是现在结束吧 |
[16:50] | I’ll write you a check. | 我会开一张支票给你 |
[16:52] | – Well, wait. – No, no, no. | – 哦 稍等 – 还是算了吧 |
[16:53] | I’m sure you’ll do much better on your own. | 我肯定你一个人也做得来的 |
[16:55] | With $ 1 0, 000, you can download a lot of love. | 一万美金可以下载很多爱情呢 |
[16:59] | Well, let’s not be too hasty. | 那个 先别着急 |
[17:02] | That striking, biking botanist sounded like me. | 这位迷人喜欢骑车的植物学教授听起来不错 |
[17:07] | – I don’t know. – Please? | – 这我不知道 – 求你了 |
[17:09] | Don’t beg. It’s a turnoff. | 别求我 那先不提了 |
[17:12] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:13] | Why don’t I get us some drinks, | 让我去点两杯喝的吧 |
[17:15] | and then we can talk about our next move? | 然后我们商量一下下一步怎么做 |
[17:17] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[17:37] | He’s a big radio star. | 他是个电台巨星 |
[17:39] | Smart, really sweet. | 聪明 非常体贴 |
[17:41] | So think about it. | 所以好好考虑一下 |
[17:43] | Here’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[17:44] | You lied to me. | 你对我撒谎 |
[17:45] | You have five clients. | 你只有五个客户 |
[17:47] | There is no roster of eligible women! | 你根本就没有合适女士的名册 |
[17:49] | You looked in my client log? | 你偷看我的客户名册了 |
[17:50] | Yes. I’ve seen your log, and I’ve dated every toad on It | 没错 我看了 那上面每一只癞蛤蟆我都约会过了 |
[17:54] | Is this the guy? | 就是这个家伙吗 |
[17:56] | No, no, no. Different guy. Call me. | 不 不是的 不是一个人 打电话哦 |
[18:02] | I think the police might be interested | 警察有可能对调查 |
[18:03] | in this little scam of yours. | 你这种骗局很感兴趣 |
[18:05] | It is not a scam. | 这不是骗局 |
[18:06] | I… I just didn’t have time to put the other pictures in. | 我 只是没有时间把其他照片放进去 |
[18:10] | And I will not work one second with someone who threatens me. | 我也不想继续和威胁我的人工作了 |
[18:13] | I’ll mail you a check. | 我会把支票寄给你的 |
[18:14] | I’ll save you the price of a stamp. | 我明天去你的办公室找你 |
[18:17] | by seeing you at your office tomorrow. | 省得你还要花邮票钱 |
[18:18] | Fine. I’d say come alone, but that’s a given. | 好吧 我想说有胆一个人来 但你肯定是 |
[18:25] | Oh! | 哦 |
[18:29] | Oh, God! What a crappy, crappy day! | 我的神啊 今天真是太惨了 |
[18:32] | Charlotte, are you okay? | Charlotte 你还好吗 |
[18:35] | I can’t give you a check. | 我没办法给你开支票 |
[18:36] | I’ve already.. .. I’ve already spent the money | 那些钱我已经花了 |
[18:39] | on rent and food and… | 付房租 买吃的 |
[18:41] | …and these shoes. | 还有这些鞋子 |
[18:43] | These stupid, stupid shoes! | 这些该死的鞋子 |
[18:48] | Come on, now. It’s okay. | 起来吧 没事了 |
[18:51] | No, it’s not. Nothing’s okay | 不 一切都糟糕透了 |
[18:53] | I lied to you. | 我对你撒谎了 |
[18:55] | I just started this business. | 我刚开始经营这份生意 |
[18:57] | But I’m really good at what I do. | 但是我真的很擅长 |
[18:59] | I used to run the biggest matchmaking business in Chicago | 我曾经经营芝加哥最大的婚介生意 |
[19:03] | before I lost it to my rotten ex-husband in the divorce. | 直到在离婚官司里输给了我龌龊的前夫 |
[19:06] | Divorce? But you’re wearing a wedding ring. | 离婚吗 可是你带着婚戒啊 |
[19:10] | It’s camouflage. | 这是我的伪装 |
[19:13] | It inspires confidence. | 可以激发自信 |
[19:17] | I mean, nobody wants a matchmaker whose life is a mess like me. | 没人想要一个生活像我一样糟的人做红娘吧 |
[19:25] | I’m divorced. | 我离婚了 |
[19:26] | My business is a joke. | 我的生意就是个笑话 |
[19:29] | I’m-I’m up to my ass in debt. | 我欠了一屁股债 |
[19:31] | I had to move in with my mother. | 我不得不和我老妈一起住 |
[19:33] | I am 35 years old, and I am living with my mother. | 我已经三十五岁了 我和我老妈一起住 |
[19:37] | How pathetic is that? | 这多可悲啊 |
[19:42] | Well, I… I’ve seen worse. | 那个 我还见过更糟糕的 |
[19:45] | You mentioned something earlier | 你之前说 |
[19:47] | about having a drink. | 喝点什么 |
[19:49] | Oh, believe me, I will. | 哦 我会的 |
[19:51] | If my mother hasn’t finished the bottle. | 要是我妈还没喝完那瓶的话 |
[19:54] | I meant here. | 我是说这儿 |
[19:55] | No, I really can’t. I’ve got to get home. | 不 我不能喝 我得回家了 |
[19:58] | I have paperwork. I have calls to make. | 我还有文件要看 还有电话要打 |
[20:00] | It’s my treat. | 我请你 |
[20:01] | Double Scotch. | 双倍威士忌 |
[20:07] | So then I spent five soul-sucking years in advertising | 我在广告界度过了灵魂饱受煎熬的五年 |
[20:10] | dreaming up slogans for Crunchios. | 就为了给脆脆麦片想宣传语 |
[20:13] | “Crunchios are a munchy with your lunchy or your brunchy” | “脆脆麦片 午餐以及早午餐的最佳伴侣” |
[20:15] | That was you? | 这是你的主意 |
[20:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[20:18] | I felt better about myself when I was pushing cigarettes. | 当我抽烟的时候我就能感觉好一点 |
[20:21] | Then, one day, I fixed up my boss | 然后 有一天 我把我的老板 |
[20:23] | with my friend, and they ended up getting married. | 和我的朋友撮合到了一起 他们最后结婚了 |
[20:25] | And thus a career was born. | 这就是你创业的开始 |
[20:28] | What better way to make a living than by helping people be happy? | 还有一份让别人幸福的工作更好的吗 |
[20:33] | So does your old boss toast you every year | 是不是每年你的旧上司在庆祝周年的时候 |
[20:34] | when he celebrates his anniversary? | 都会举杯向你致谢 |
[20:37] | Actually, he’s a she now, and my friend’s kind of bitter | 实际上 是”她”不再是”他”了 我朋友有点惨 |
[20:43] | But I got | 但在这之后 |
[20:44] | the hang of it after that. | 我就摸着门道了 |
[20:46] | Well, until I lost the business and came here | 后来我失去了这份生意 来到这里 |
[20:51] | and moved in with my crazy-ass mother. | 和我那个疯老妈住在一起 |
[20:54] | For what it’s worth, | 无论如何 |
[20:56] | it will get easier living with her. | 你会逐渐习惯和她住在一起的 |
[20:59] | Is that your professional opinion? | 这是你的专业意见吗 |
[21:00] | Actually, it’s a personal one. | 实际上这是我的个人建议 |
[21:03] | My dad lives with me. | 我老爸和我住在一起 |
[21:05] | No. | 真的假的 |
[21:06] | Mm. 1 1 years. | 整整十一年 |
[21:07] | Yeah. Yikes. | 哦 真惨 |
[21:09] | It does take a while to adjust to each other | 要习惯彼此确实需要一段时间 |
[21:12] | before you’re perfectly in sync. | 最终你们能和谐共处 |
[21:14] | How long did that take? | 整个过程花了多久 |
[21:15] | I’ll let you know. | 等到那时我再告诉你 |
[21:17] | Truth be told, | 实话说 |
[21:19] | I’m going to miss him when he moves out. | 要是他真的搬出去我会想他的 |
[21:22] | I was missing my mother when I was in Chicago. | 当我在芝加哥的时候我确实想念我妈 |
[21:25] | Now I just wish she was missing. | 现在我只希望她失踪 |
[21:29] | I didn’t realize it was so late. | 我都没意识到已经这么晚了 |
[21:32] | Frank’s waiting for me at home. | Frank一直在家等着我呢 |
[21:34] | Frank Frank? | |
[21:35] | My boyfriend. | 我男友 |
[21:37] | Oh. Serious? | 哦 真的吗(严肃) |
[21:39] | Yes, but he has a fun-loving side, too. | 挺严肃的 不过他也有风趣柔情的一面 |
[21:43] | No, I meant the relationship. | 不 我是说很认真的感情吗 |
[21:45] | Do you lie awake nights thinking about him? | 你会彻夜不眠地想念他吗 |
[21:48] | A little. | 有一点 |
[21:51] | It’s still new, but I have my fingers crossed. | 我们刚刚开始 希望一切顺利 |
[21:53] | Well, good luck with it. | 祝你好运 |
[21:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:57] | And, if you’ll let me, | 如果你允许的话 |
[21:58] | I’m going to find someone fantastic for you, too, Frasier, | 我一定会为你找到完美的伴侣 |
[22:00] | because you deserve it. | 因为这是你应得的 |
[22:02] | And because you have my $10,000. | 而且你还收了我的一万美元 |
[22:05] | Are you going to mention that every time you see me? | 难道每次见面你都要提这个吗 |
[22:27] | Damn. | 妈的 |